GAMEDAY!!! Dolphins @ Bucs

1,187 Responses to GAMEDAY!!! Dolphins @ Bucs

Fun game!

Fun game

What a game!

Ha

I’m glad the Colts didn’t win that way with the PF call

6. lol no good, looked like he was rushed and it affected the kick

It’s hard to win in the NFL. You have to make big plays or you have no chance.

Kong, I agree on the personal foul call. But the difference is within the play, then you get up and spotlight yourself for the penalty. Doesn’t matter the Colts missed two FGs and allowed the comeback. The Ravens are never out of it.

The defender was an idiot to put it in the refs hands unnecessarily. But it was a chintzy call. The Colts guy pulled a Wilkins, lol.

9. what a comeback by the ravens, wow

they were down 16 in the fourth quarter

Survivor pick still intact

12. that was a really bad collapse by the colts, they were up 22-3 in the third quarter

October 11, 2021 at 11:37 pm
    What teams are consistent and for how long?
    —————–
    Seeking Yoda, you are! Hmmm (LOL) hmmmmm (LOL) hmmmmmm (LOL)!

Consistency is the way, for how long matters not.

Whoa Gruden resigned?!!!

15. this would have been Grudens fourth season on a $100 million dollar contract, SMH

a fool and their money are soon parted,

those were likely the most expensive emails ever

Cav Kong just knocked me out above! 😆

Tomorrow, good peeps!

Cav Kong, you hit just the *right* way above in your reply to Tim!

Tim, we’re good, man!

lol, I just thought it was funny since we had all just been talking about it for a few hours earlier, and they talked about it in the game we were all just watching, lol. The news isn’t really that old though. 🙂

Guys, I’ve been down the shore for a few days for a family wedding. I watched the game but have not been following the news. Excuuuuuuussse me!!! LOL

Giants/ Dodgers in a good one.

Coaches don’t count against the cap. It’s just ownership money lost if guaranteed which most coach contracts are. The Raiders are fucked because they just lost their HC out of nowhere. That can mess a team up for sure.

We’re not talking about it counting against the cap (or at least I wasn’t). It was a crazy 10 year deal, and it would be pretty funny if the Raiders have to pay him 6 more years while he’s not coaching, but according to that one guy, it’s voided anyway…so less amusing.

Yeah I think what he did voided it. I find it sad. It’s a continuation of the issues we’re facing in this country. It’s not political, it’s a human thing. Stop being a jerk-off. WTF is going on?!!!

A lot of people suck. The end. Lol

20. ElephantRider says:

IDK why Gruden quit? I’m too lazy to look into it.

Back to our shitshow….I think Flores is on thin ice.

I think Grier and Flores will get the 2022 season. That’s their last chance. The 2021 season isn’t over yet. We started out 1-3 last year then won 5 in a row. Okay 1-4 now, they have to show progress and win games. We’re all in the same boat as fans.

• ElephantRider says:

If they lose to Jags stick a fork in them. They will have lost the rest of the fanbase. This team looks a mess. Yeah no Tua, which might not mean anything anyway, but come on! Enough is enough!

Giants win a nail biter 1-0

Anyone else get a vibe that people are still blaming Tua when he’s played one full game and 9 snaps in the the 2nd game? I’m not even blaming Brissett. You know why? When you watch the games, how many times do you see the QB pressured off his mark surveying the field and play and has to go into improv mode? That’s not the play called. It’s we couldn’t block it someone save us type stuff. And you know who does that quite a lot? Myles Gaskin. He is one of the best players on this team. You get him in space with the ball and he’ll ball all day.

Flores and the coaches have to stop fucking around with Gaskin. He’s the best RB on the team. Brown and Ahmed are nice depth. But come on, Gaskin is really talented. He runs bigger than his size, he’s an excellent receiver and a willing blocker. I’m sorry Gaskin has to be a top dog in the offense. Why not let him live his dream now before he’s too old and the wear and tear catches up with him? The guy produces everywhere he’s played.

Hire Jon Gruden, here’s your chance Ross, to hire an experienced HC,

the statements made by him happened 10 years ago. if everyone were forced to leave work over poor statements in the past none of us would be working.

Gaskin is very poor in pass protection, that’s why we see brown starting

So apparently there was no whistleblower in regards to Gruden. A workplace harassment claim was made against Bruce Allen of the WFT. As part of the investigation of that claim is where Allen had to turn over his emails and that is where Gruden’s emails were discovered. So a completely legal and above board discovery of which there would be no expectation of privacy going back to M13’s question last night

he was fired over something he said 10 years ago, no way can the NFL suspend or even fine Gruden. he wasn’t employed by them when the incident took place.
    not sure why the raiders had to release him?

political correctness maybe

It wasn’t just 10 years it was over a course of 10 years and it was multiple emails on multiple topics

• what Gruden did, wasnt correct , and he did it to himself

why so much Gruden love all of a sudden? i never knew he had so many fans, until he did something hateful and ignorant, then all of his fans come out

its like they dont even really care about Gruden, just care about the fact he wasnt allowed to disparage others anyway he wanted

CavalierKong says:
    October 11, 2021 at 11:48 pm
    My friend and I were just talking about this. Is his money guaranteed?
    __________________________________

these contracts allow for any unsavory issue that arises a team to escape them, i doubt they have to pay him.

well i sure hope we beat the Jags

Rob – Yeah, I was going to go 11-6, but let the enthusiasm get the best of me. Now it’s looking like 6-11 will be a chore. I definitely expected better from this team, and we haven’t seen it yet.

October 12, 2021 at 2:20 am
    ____
    I’m not blaming Tua or Brissett, but you can’t let them off the hook in regards to play calling. Especially when then next paragraph you denigrate them for not getting the ball into Gaskin’s hands. That’s play calling. They know our o-line struggles in pass plays and yet they consistently call pass plays where the QB doesn’t have protection or routes where receivers can get open. Sure there are executions problems and drops by the wide receivers, but they aren’t putting the players in the best possible place to succeed and that’s evident on the field.

October 12, 2021 at 2:20 am (Edit)
    —————————-
    It’s like a mental illness with our fan base.

I think the biggest thing was I expected improvement across the board, I thought the O-line would take a step forward, which would then make the offense better with some nice depth at WR. I thought Phillips would really help the defense and I expected our defense to be among the best. Nothing I hoped for materialized, I think there’s regression in nearly every aspect, including coaching. Why would anyone have expected this?

• ocalarob says:

they have to learn to play as a team, inexperience is the reason for the collapse. not only with the players but also the coaches.

run the ball!

• with coaching this bad, everything will regress

even Flores says he has to do better, and he said hes tired of saying that every game

well hell, hes pretty much admitting that he cant do better, we need new leadership to be successful in the NFL

• sb7mvp says:

I thought the defense would stay the same, if not get better. I thought the offense could be disastrous. I didn’t like letting go of the vet o-lineman so quickly without clear upgrades (especially Ted Karras) and didn’t think we did enough at the running back spot. I repeatedly stated that our wide receivers were not deep and didn’t like the Will Fuller signing. I understood the Waddle pick although I wish we had stayed at 12 and grabbed Parson. I voiced displeasure in the co-oc’s (mainly about the inexperience), but they were saying the right things so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.
      It’s possible we see another year like the first one where the OC’s grow along with the players and we start finding ways to win games after the defense solidifies itself. I fear it might be a too little too late by then though.

34. Ross will make an attempt to hire Gruden and bring in Watson IMO

i think hes pissed off at all his money wasted, and will go rogue

It’s a bad 4 game stretch but let’s not overreact just yet. All the reasons for optimism was built up with 2 good solid seasons of coaching. Yes I see regression this year but give it some time before we call for heads. It’s 4 games without our starting QB vs the last 32.

LOL at Mike, “Trump as GM”. Are you trying to induce an epic meltdown?

“Make Miami Great Again”

Over react? OVER REACT!!??

Does anyone want to join me by the fire and roast marshmallows and sing kumbya?

Wear your sunscrean though because my fire is hot!

BURN IT DOWN!!
    #GRIER MUST GO!

Ross has been vocal on Watson??????

When, provide ONE quote. Just one…….I’ll wait (for the rest of time, because you will not be able to provide one)

40. i find it amazing that nobody knew Ross was interested in Watson at this point, its been all over the news nonstop

i guess the games were so much fun , nobody noticed? lol

41. i get it though, Dolphins suck, blame it on David, lol

news flash, they would still suck , even if i were a bucs fan, the problem isnt Me

the team needs to get rid of Flo and Grier to be successful, they arent up to the job and its showing

I believe Rock is looking for an actual Steve Ross quote about Watson, not an unidentified Mike Floroo “source”

Challenge won! David is wrong. (again) Ross has not been vocal about wanting Watson.

Rock:
    Will there be Homeraide at the marshmallow roast?

Ross will most definitely not embroil his team in controversy by courting Gruden. (whether it is right or wrong for Gruden to be cancelled because of comments that others think are wrong) It’s silly to believe that Ross would actively seek to engage a coach who just resigned in “shame” and QB that is in the middle of serious legal issues.

Say what you want about Ross’ choices he has never been one to actively seek bad press and controversy.

No one is going to touch Gruden right now. He will have to make some public act of contrition and go on some kind of apology tour then in 1-2 seasons someone will give him another shot

I’m pretty sure Gruden wants to keep a low profile for the time being

Than a year from now, he can start making appearances and that sort of thing

Gruden is not going to get sued or get penalized in anyway for emails. He just needs to get out of the public eye for now

46. Capt. Stubbs says:

Well that was another shit show MIAMI! Almost went to that game. Glad I didn’t! It looked like to me that the bucs docked the pirate ship and got on a whaling ship. Totally harpooned us.
    One positive though our O-line graded out the best we’ve had all year. Although it’s not hard to get a better grade when you’re sitting zero

Just a public service announcement. Get your laundry in early this week. 9:30 game time. I will be blissfully sleeping in.

That is 8:30 central, 7:30 Mountain and 6:30 pacific for you out of touch out of towners….

I suggest taking my route and recording it to watch if we win…

48. Phindog says:

Holy sheep shit. 🤓

I hope we win the next 2 games

It’s up in the air though even though we are superior team to our opponents

But if we win the next two we are 3-4

Then we go into Buffalo for Halloween

If you think this Coach and FO deserve another year or if you think they should be fired, I’m suggesting using the Buffalo game as a measuring stick

Are we making progress?

I think I’ll keep an eye on that game
    It can be a spark for this team or it can seal our date

I’m already feel like I’ve lost faith in both the coaches and FO and I’m ready to move on. If we lose by multiple scores in Buffalo, I hope some of you will agree with me

If it’s a close game or we win, I think that says a lot

David,

I really like your out of the box thinking today. Watson, Trump, and Gruden is bold as hell and could possibly work. Maybe get Weinstein to give up his list of girls so Watson stays satisfied? Have the kinder, gentler Gruden go on a goodwill tour with Randy Moss?

George Soros is going to buy the team and replace Ross

The new director of public relations is a Sasquatch

• New Age says:

I like it! Sasquatch are amazing at hiding when the shit hits the fan so he’d help cover for everyone! I have newfound respect for David’s opinion. I’d never go all in like that. Maybe Soros should hire him as an ideas guy. I’d never get bored during our 3-14 seasons at least.

• bailbondmike says:

Make sure it’s a Sasquatch from the north and not a Florida Skunk Ape. Their stench might not go well with public relations.

51. bailbondmike says:

David, I like Matt Corral and been keeping up with him. He is on the smallish size at 6′ 200. Corral and Sam Howell are about the same when you watch them play only Howell is slightly bigger. With Spencer Rattler and Sam Howell playing poorly this year, Corral could end up climbing draft boards. The QB class for 2022 draft is kind of all over the place right now. Last mock I saw had Rattler being the first QB off the board at pick #9.

Desmond Ridder of Cincinnati could end up being QB1 so there’s that.

There are 2 others in my top 10 who are playing really well right now and that’s Carson Strong of Nevada and Kenny Pickett of Pitt. Check them out as well.

A later round pick for me would be Tanner Mordecai of SMU.

This year’s QB class is weak

• pheloniusphish says:

Good think\g Miami doesn’t need a QB…

Yes it is

We were watching can’t Tua and Herbert for 2 years and Lawrence for 3 years before they came out

But there are always guys that come out of nowhere like Burrow and Zack Wilson

I just can’t think of anyone that’s been a bona fife high pick
      For years like before

But don’t rule it out – some one will get a big push getting closer to the draft

“Make Miami Great Again” doesn’t make a good acronym. MMGA – “Miami Astronomically Made Great Again” – MAGMA!

In the meantime it’s

“Forever Underperforming” aka “FU”

• pheloniusphish says:

Miami football sucks, Miami football fans suck. May as well move the team.

It wouldn’t get a better response anywhere else

Half the people who are upset are not from Miami anyway

• pheloniusphish says:

Lol…true. But I was talking more about how many actually show up for a game. Miami has very little local fan base. It’s-borderline embarrassing goin to a game.

the reason miami lacks a local fan base is these transplants that come from different states move to S FL due to the weather however they still remain fans of their northern teams, been that way for ever.

As far as hiring Gruden is concerned, He’s probably unhireable, I doubt sponsors would want to be associated with that, a huge $$ problem for anyone who would consider him, i think that’s why the raiders dumped him.

56. bailbondmike says:

Haven’t heard from UK in awhile.

Feel sorry for the fans in England paying to see the 0-5 Jags vs the 1-4 Dolphins.

Should be a good game between 2 shitty teams though.

57. bailbondmike says:

I won’t be watching the game anyway. I will be on the road to Gatlinburg to spend the week for my birthday and for the fall color change.

Gruden was stupid for saying what he did on a number of topics. but if he knew that was his way was stupid for talking to Bruce Allen on his Redskins e-mail account. Those are stored and available to the company and anyone who has a right to get into the company accounts (in this case the NFL).

My ex-boss had a habit that became known of searching through all the e-mails of people she wanted to fire for dirt, or sometimes just to confirm what she had been told was true. Heck yeah when we wanted to bad mouth her or set up something she might be against was all via Yahoo or G.mail.

It’s legal for an employer

But if you ask me that’s really intrusive

I don’t think they went trolling through Bruce Allen’s emails at work. It is when he had to produce his emails as part of hostile work environment claim that the emails were turned over to the investigators

Did they fire Grier yet and hire Trump? Drain the Davie Swamp!!

Ken

Did Allen file a hostile work environment claim, or some one else?

That makes sense in terms of what WFt gave it to the nfl

But how did the nytimes get it?

“League officials uncovered the emails as part of a workplace misconduct investigation into former Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen. They were not focused specifically on Gruden, who was not in the league at the time.”

But once someone is looking over all those e-mails and have them on their computers…. you don’t need Wikileaks.

Yeah but it has to go from the nfl to the nytimes somehow?

And nfl investigation isn’t a formal litigation where discovery is filed online

Who gave the nytimes that info

Got to the Wall Street Journal as well. So clearly someone wanted it out. Could have been the Raiders owners who got the info and said Gruden has to go now cause this stuff is coming out. I’m gonna guess 20 hands had the info. Says a guy who has passed on such in the past.

Anyone who is willing to bring back the old uniforms has my vote.

I think it’s pretty clear the problems we’ve had for the last two decades can be tied directly to the logo changes from 1997 forward. Sure, it took about 5 years or so before we succumbed to the insidious power of that fateful change to a flippin cartoon, but it’s been all downhill since.

It’s time we address the root problem. Bring back one of the originals!

If you guys want to see some light reading which will make you completely cynical about modern day scouting here is some light reading

The Gruden thing sounds to me like he and Allen were two peas in a pod that probably b^tched to each other about all the things they hate like gay people and women in football. They were morons for doing it by sending it through league email addresses. It’s just common sense.

And on a sort of side note, what actual problem can someone have with women as referees? Does ample bosom impede the ability to identify pass interference? Do you have to swing low to see offensive holding? If so, we clearly have a lot of big tittied, small prick males in referee positions who can’t get the calls right anyway, so who cares if some women get in on it? lol

“The Wyoming medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Gabby Petito said Tuesday that the 22-year-old’s death was caused by strangulation.”

So not like we didn’t know before but it is a murder. Where’s the dude?

From the Herald.

“The Dolphins on Tuesday designated Tagovailoa to return to practice, the next step in his return from fractured ribs that sidelined him for three games. Coach Brian Flores on Monday said Tagovailoa had been throwing and expressed optimism that the second-year player would be able to return to practice.

The Dolphins will have 21 days to activate Tagovailoa to the 53-man roster, but if all goes well this week and Tagovailoa manages the pain well, he could make this return to the field against the Jacksonville Jaguars in London on Sunday.”

Ken

Did Allen file a hostile work environment claim, or some one else?

That makes sense in terms of what WFt gave it to the nfl

But how did the nytimes get it?
    ———
    Not sure who the complaint against Allen and the WFT is being investigated by but if it is in front of the EEOC or applicable state or municipal agencies then the documents may be subject to an FOI request and major news agencies routinely make such requests

Makes sense

But My understanding is that it’s been filed with the nfl only

But there aren’t a lot of details about that anywhere I read and maybe they are just protecting the complainant by not getting into those details publicly

Godzilla or the uncanny resemblance to my ex?

74. Krishna says:

Hmm….troubling to me but that’s who he works for.

So, glad I’m not in that situation.

75. Krishna says:

In fact, I got called out at a bar/restaurant by a patron and then the bartender told me to be nice.

I asked him if being nice only applied to me. Apparently, it applies to everyone, so he stated to the bar. Lmao!

76. Krishna says:

When he ask me if I care about people….well only those I trust and care about.

Not sure it was an appropriate question, but whatever.

Guaranteed most there are Republicans or worse, think Alex Jones….lmao.

Many of us here — including myself — really wanted to draft Creed.

BUT… would he have the same success here, what with our O-Line coaching debacle?

It’s like I stated yesterday… even if we had traded up for Tristan Wirfs, who is to say our coaching wouldn’t mess him up?

I hear ya, Pig… I agree with ya.

I can honestly say I’ve never thought about a motorboat and Godzilla simultaneously until today… 😆

We Travis Fulgham at WR. He led the Eagles in receiving yards last year. He is pretty good

He looked good last season, and from the looks of what we currently have at WR, we’re gonna need him. Parker and Fuller can’t be counted on.

81. Spew Age says:
    October 12, 2021 at 10:34 am
    David,

yea thats what i said, dumbass

you are stupid and deceitful

82. amazing how shit for brains trolls like spew age have nothing better to do than attack other bloggers

even harder to believe he can do it with a huge dick in his mouth, lol spewage it buddy!

83. i have one more reveal

Ross has been very vocal that spewage is the one that sucks his dick the best, lol

he says he loves that little jerk motion and puppy dog lick and cleanup afterwards

Listen up – Everyone jokes around here, you have to be able to take it. Those last 3 posts are unacceptable. What’s with the language and name calling? No one else here did that or does that. C’mon, let’s not go to that level.

• agreed Mike, but the ones against me yesterday were also unnacceptable

im here to talk football, if others can talk football, will be fine

You don’t agree, this blog has been around since 2012, we don’t use that language and call each other names. We needle each other but that kind of stuff doesn’t happen. Just don’t do it, whether you like someone’s jokes or commentary or not.

• Mike , i have been called most all of the names possible, and been trolled since day one here, its almost a daily occasion, so i KNOW what its like

i would prefer to talk football, but some ;people get offended if i say something like Ross might wants watson , gruden,or whatever

and instead of giving their viewpoint, they attack the blogger, Me in this case

but I will do my part to discuss football, and not attack others, thats all i can control

85. Justin Herbert has more passing yards, than the Dolphins have TOTAL yards!

keep sticking up for your buddies Ross, Grier, and FLo? , they arent our buddies

they are a total waste of time and money and shouldnt be in Miami

Happy Birthday Sonny!! ☀️🐬🏈

87. Krishna says:

How do you guys know everyone’s BD?

88. Krishna says:

Oh, HB son! Lol…

89. Krishna says:

I’m going to go Orob’s take for now….

Kinda sophomore slump and inexperienced.

Get it fixed!

LOL!

90. Krishna says:

Perfect schedule again this weekend!

Laundry done by 7,8,9; game at 9:30 cst; wings, tots, beer after say 1ish; Bill’s game Monday. Fucking awesome!

Happy Birthday ☀️🎂

Krishna says:
    October 13, 2021 at 9:07 am
    So FB posts people’s BD for others to see?
    ___
    It does if you have the preference turned on. You can have it turned off, otherwise you’ll get a ton of notifications from people wishing you a happy birthday and then have to give that dumb thank you speech the day after.

🌞 🎂 🥳 🎉

You do I don’t work for stubhub but:
    1 — must be a physical parking pass visible through your windshield.
    2 — I’d contact stubhub and arrange either earlier delivery or for it to go to your brother’s house.

Did you get an Orange?
    ‐——-

What’s with the 1972 shit? Who still uses a physical parking pass, SMH.

Did contact Stubhub, they said they can’t do anything until Friday the 22nd, and sometimes the venue doesn’t even release parking until 2 days before an event.

Thanks Stanger, seeing if my cousin might be able to print it

• 1972 wasnt a bad year, lol

it was probably bad for parking though

It wasn’t bad for parking, it was just the technology they had at the time.

In ’72 we parked a couple blocks past the Dolphin Expressway, at the parents of my dad’s friend’s house, to attend the games at the OB.

In 82 we just parked at an elementary school 3 blocks from the stadium

We had to walk, but it was free

If they don’t release parking till day before then you must have been doing something different than I do. Have 3 cardboard Orange passes in my desk drawer. They are sent to the season tix holders. And went through stubhub.

But sounds like they have an electronic print out option you are using.

Did you get Orange or Yellow?

Happy birthday, Son!

Last night, I dreamt I was sitting around a campfire with Shirley Bassey, among others, and she was singing “Gold Finga!!” It was awesome…and random.

97. Phindog says:

Happy Birthday to Son of a son of a son of Shula. Going to miss hanging out with you this year Brother. Hope you have a great day 🐕🥃🎸🎼🌞

98. Happy Birthday Son, go UCF and go Miami!

Happy Birthday Son!

If Mike is as old as dirt, is Son old as the sun?

Thanks guys I appreciate the birthday wishes.

MiamiDolphins
    HC Brian Flores October 13 media availability thread
    10:19 AM · Oct 13, 2021·Twitter Web App
    Retweets
    Likes

Travis Wingfield
    27m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores comes to the podium in a Clemson shirt stemming from a lost wager with Christian Wilkins
    Travis Wingfield
    16m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL

Says football opened a lot of doors for people and this trip to London is similar for a lot of his players here.
    Travis Wingfield
    25m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Tua will be at practice today. We’re excited to get him back and we’ll still take it one day at a time. He’s moving in the right direction. He’ll have an opportunity to practice and hopefully play in the game.
    Travis Wingfield
    14m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores says he coached one game in Italy, a 6-0 loss. He was asked what defense he ran — he laughed.
    Travis Wingfield
    26m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach on OL evaluation and draft status playing into decision making process — once a guy gets here, I don’t really care how he gets here…we use every avenue to acquire players. When they get here it’s about the way guys compete.
    Travis Wingfield
    19m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach on Jevon Holland — he’s still learning. His communication as a young player is good, hopefully it’ll improve. He’s a sponge, he’s a smart kid. He understands the information we’re giving him. He’s done a nice job.
    Travis Wingfield
    19m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores has coached in two games in London; the biggest challenge in the time change, he says. Getting your body clock on London time so you can physically be at an optimum level on Sunday is key.
    Travis Wingfield
    21m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach on Jon Gruden situation – I think it’s unfortunate. Football is a game that brings people together. It brings people from all walks of life together so you hate to see anything that brings any type of division. At the same time I believe in forgiveness.
    Travis Wingfield
    21m
    …I never want to judge anyone on the worst thing they’ve ever said or done. Poignant stuff from the Dolphins HC.
    Travis Wingfield
    17m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach says the flight to London isn’t a determining factor in the decision to or not to play Tua. He reiterates the point George Godsey made about seeing him throw, move, throw on the move, and that they won’t get a sense for how he handles contact until game day.
    Travis Wingfield
    24m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach says if you ask Tua he’ll tell you he’s 100%, he’s fine. Coach also says Tua has made a lot of progress, that he’s going to tough it out because that’s the type of kid he is.

“Flores’ first coaching job was with a club team in Naples, Italy where guys were smoking cigarettes at halftime.” — who would have thought? Sounds like Flores has moved up a long way.

Go Tua!!!!!

Get-em Captain Kirk!

“AITA for choosing a football game over a wedding? So my wife’s friend has a wedding coming up this Sunday that is a few hours away from where we live. The bride is a close friend of my wife’s from college but I’ve only met her a handful of times and to be honest she kind of sucks. When we RSVP’d a year ago I wasn’t exactly thrilled. For anyone who follows football, this is a special, special week in sports history because Tom Brady is returning to play the New England Patriots.”

— Dude turning to Reddit for his decision on this one. Not even sure if he is a Pats fan, but man is scrapping away.

Happy Birthday Son!

After a few days to reflect on our team and the season, this is where I stand as a fan. I’m going to watch the games and look for young players to show progress while hoping the team builds more chemistry and starts winning some games. I’m not thinking playoffs or any kind of lofty goals. I’m not looking to insult or fire anyone. I just want to see potential moving forward. We’re not ready for the big time so I’m not going to look at it that way. We’re a very young and new team that’s going through a tough time. Still plenty of time to show progress moving forward. That’s my focus. Go Phins!!!!

We knew the first five games were tough. Who thought we could beat the Bills or the Bucs? I thought 3-2 meant playoffs. Turns out we are 1-4. And our starting QB has been out since the one win. Way it rolls in the NFL.

Yep! Even the Colts were a playoff team last year. They’ve got their own issues but they’re still a competitive team. The Raiders were hot when we played them and we almost pulled it off on the road. Just keep competing and trying to get better.

Our OL is still a work in progress until we find the right group. We also lost our starting center in Deiter regardless of what anyone thinks of him. It’s hard to build chemistry when you lose guys who are a part of building something new.

M13 has often said we should have figured out the OL in the preseason and they pretty much did that. But they’re not good enough after watching the games. Do we keep it the same or keep looking for solutions? At this point I say we keep looking for solutions.

We need Tua to play a lot of games to see what we have in him. His career so far is somewhat incomplete.

Unfortunately we’re a developing team, not a team ready to compete for the post season, at least not right now. It is what it is.

Howard and Parker sat out practice.
    —————————
    “Xavien Howard did not participate due to shoulder and groin injuries which are the same ones he has dealt with over the last week or so.

Wide receiver Devante Parker was also not taking part in practice due to the hamstring injury that kept him out of the Week 5 game against Tampa Bay.”

Speaking of 1972, I got my cardboard ORANGE parking pass tonight

So you went old school on the parking pass. Apparently steve chose the newfangled route, but then again he is the one having problems. A certain comfort in having that orange parking pass in your hand.

So do we expect Tua to start in London or maybe one more week? I know he’s been throwing and has been practicing, but will he start?

Another question, is the London game televised nationally?

112. Krishna says:

Agree with your post Tim at 5:46.

After last year’s last game with Bill’s knew we had far to go.

Needed a fresh start for Tua so he could prepare properly and show what he’s got, definitely contingent upon upgrading the OL, and our D would figure out how to stop the run.

LOL….nothings changed!

And, we played the best teams in the NFL, arguably….wtf?

I also heard Raekwon Davis is on his way back. We could use him too. He was the starting NT lost in week one. One of the young players we have with a big upside.

Stanger – I’m older than dirt, did you expect different? lol

Raekwon didn’t play last week

Just got caught up on William Shatner’s trip to space and back, including his ‘interview’ just after. Man, I’m so very, very happy for him! And how fitting it was that Captain Kirk himself — now 90 years old — was able to do it within his lifetime!

I LOVE stuff like this!!!

Son, Happy B-Day, Bro! Make it a good one!

Happy BDay ya son of a son

Holy shit…I’m only going to say this once…Rock is a fucking genius! First time I’ve posted from my phone in forever

Raekwon Davis played on 39 Defensive snaps, according to the numbers here…

Yeah probably too buzzed and stoned to realize. LOL

Anyway… we need all of our young players to play so we know what we have. I’ve noticed we play Brandon Jones, Rowe, McCourty and Holland quite a bit. Two of them are looking to earn starting status for the future.

Jaelan Phillips looks the part to me. He’s starting to get it at OLB/Edge. I see him holding his own at the POA and challenging OL on the pass rush. His sack came against the Bucs trying to block him with TE O.J. Howard. But that sends a message that you can’t do that. He is big, athletic and fast and just getting started. 🙂

124. ElephantRider says:

Who’s ready for the toilet bowl Sunday?

Go Fins!

Speaking of weird… I love this song. HOWEVER, I’m not digging Tech-N9ne playing the role of Satan in the video. I suppose it’s called “Strange Music” (the label) for a reason, right?

Very emotional, this one is…

Krizz Kaliko – Stop The World (Official Video)

October 13, 2021 at 10:38 pm
    I always listen. Good stuff but stop sounding negative. I’m personally tired of it.
    ————-
    Are you personally tired of ME being negative, or just negativity in general? There is a difference, and I’d like to know, my man.

I don’t want ANYBODY to think of me as a negative person, truth! But if I’m conveying negativity (be honest), I’d like to know.

Yeah my bad. Negativity in general. Not towards you. Sorry.

I watched the younger generation get married this weekend and the love for the young ones makes me happy.

I’m tired of everything sucks because that’s not true. Yeah plenty does suck, but amazing still exists.

William Shatner has lived quite a life. I love that guy. He’s been awesome forever. 🙂

It’s rather funny how this year has gone so far when you consider Tua going down after winning the first game.
    So without him we’ve lost 4 in a row, and now he’s coming back, i’m sure most of you think he has an S on his chest. the funny thing is most of you will buy into that very soon, his superman cape will be flying high if he’s able to pull off a win this sunday.
    , I mean Hollywood couldn’t provide a better script
    and the funny thing is he’s going against a team who hasn’t won a game in the last 20 tries, but i’m sure that won’t be taken into account. you guys will be jumping up and down with joy and have your Tua fix.

if he loses, hide your daughters because Watson will soon be here.

Hey, we’re just about as futile this year as the Jags, our points for and against are within percentage points. If we beat the Jaguars I’ll be happy we won, and if Tua plays well, I’ll be excited because it would be a nice start to his return. If we’re being honest, I feel you think anyone but Tua can run this team and the offense well, and as it turns out, you couldn’t have been more wrong. Brissett couldn’t get the ball down the field any better than Tua, but if Tua hadn’t gotten hurt, and this was Tua doing what Brissett did, you’d be killing Tua, and not the team. We’ll see if Tua can get the offense going Sunday, that’s IF he plays, which is uncertain.

• ocalarob says:

who knows where we would be right now if Tua had not been hurt, i’m not at the practices all i can go by is what i have already seen in games.
        how do you know this about Brissett vs Tua, if you take what Tua did last year i think Brissett played better.
        that said it’s just the circumstance of how we’ve been struggling and we get our savior back against the worst team in the NFL, shades of alabama and why we drafted him, he’s great against inferior talent.
        what’s going to be funny about this is the fan reaction, if we win Tua will be god, if we lose where’s watson!

128. Krishna says:

It’s rather funny I’m sure you think that about most here.

I haven’t thought that at all…OL and DL suck like they did last year and superman could not help this team….lmao.

it’s rather stupid to read a post and the fact that you may not agree or you could care less about the subject, instead of reasoning in a proper manner as to why you don’t agree with it or just moving on without saying anything you do your best to insult the author.
    your goal is to argue on the internet
    what you’re doing is is pretty stupid.
    it would appear you lack confidence in the real world so you try to prove your superiority on a blog LOL. it shows you are pussified
    not to mention the rest of the cast has to scroll through your BS. or just limit their exposure to this site due to the constant rhetoric..

you’re doing a great job making this site unpleasurable. keep up the good work troll

Rob – Better??? 4 TD’s in 4 games. ZERO wins. 2 games he didn’t break 200 yards passing, and one he just made it at 215. I don’t think you hold both of the QB’s to the same standards, but that’s fine, you do you. I want to know what your definition of better is

• ocalarob says:

ck out the qb ratings then get back to me

LMAO! His best QB rating was garbage time against the Colts, otherwise his QBR would be worse than Tua’s. I know you’re probably just fucking around too, which at least makes this discussion more tolerable. lol

• ocalarob says:

Brissett hasn’t had much to work with, i think he’s done an amazing job eluding the rush and buying time for his rec, much better than Tua has in the past.
      sure he’s had a few miscues, compare his miscues to the Buffalo game & tua last year.

Tua will have the same team to work with Sunday. We’ll see what happens Sunday and if he makes it through the game, the rest of the season hopefully. We need him to play to make a decision on whether we have our QB or we need to move on (AGAIN!!!)

You said Brissett didn’t have much to work with but totally discredited that same argument when it was raised in regards to Tua last year. It was especially true in regards to Tua as the entire 1st and 2nd WR unit was injured for most of Tua’s starts

This clip is making the rounds on Twitter as evidence of the poor job Jackson did at guard

Do you guys agree with this? I think what Jackson did is the least important thing to why the pocket collapses

• bailbondmike says:

Not sure about Jackson on that one. He passed the first rusher to the OC then went to block another blitzer but half assed it.

What more caught my eye was how the fuck did Brissett complete that pass.

It was a great play by Brissett

And that’s the benefit of being big and strong

But there’s some horrible OL play on that play
        I don’t really get who is supposed to pick up who
        And I Don’t think the OL knows either

• sb7mvp says:

It’s a bit unclear from the video but it looked like Gaskin was open right away and he chose not to throw it to him for some reason. It looks like he could have gotten the pass off sooner and allowed Gaskin to move in space.

My comment as to brissett hasnt had much to work with is referring more to the ol vs backs &recs.
    At least tua will benefit from the changes in that dept

• Phindog says:

Wow.. That’s impressive!!

It looks great, but also have to think has to do with how we use Holland in the scheme. PFF is a tricky beast as far as it qualifies this as that and that as this.

Holland and Jones might make a heck of a duo on the future

Maybe if they let Iggy on the field, we can start thinking about a strong secondary for years to come

Phillips is also looking good early

But all those things don’t matter if there are other parts that aren’t working right

Baker needs to get his act together
      We need more pressure on the QB
      And our cbs need play like they are paid

Holland am a big fan of. Brandon J like but am not sold on as a star, but he’s showing more. Iggy I’ve given up on. If he’s gonna be good will be for some other team down the road, or maybe finds it in the last year of his contract with us.

SB

I think you are right about Gaskin

But I also think he’s just a checkdown of a deeper receiver isn’t open, so I don’t really blame Brisset for that

But maybe he could have recognized the pressure a little eerlyier and gotten ridden of the ball

• sb7mvp says:

Yeah in the video, Brissett looks directly at Gaskin pretty much right out of the gate for at least a second and half then looks downfield and that’s when he notices the pressure.

They are heading to London. Assuming they chartered a plane. Wonder how they worked out who gets the lay down seats and who doesn’t. Big difference on a flight that long. Not sure a typical one would have enough for the active players and the coaches. Could end up with a situation where the OL coach doesn’t get one and some 3rd backup safety who plays STs does.

Or maybe they busted out Ross’ checkbook and got two planes.

I need an official list of who is coming to the fest so I can make sure I have all necessary contact info as Stanger has made me director of communications

FEST – Oct 24 against the Falcons (Updated)

Chef Warren tailgate (we’ll be set up by 10:30) and D&B’s Hollywood from 6-10 the night before as usghe.

IN
    Mike E (+1)
    OD
    Ken
    Krishna (+2)
    Steve (+5)
    Son (+5)
    Capt Stubbs (+1)
    Phelon (own seats)
    Chef Wa (+1)
    Stanger
    Damian (+1)
    Toba (+1)

Is the London game televised nationally?

“For their last practice of the week in the country, the Miami Dolphins were missing cornerback Xavien Howard and DeVante Parker again, as they have been dealing with the same injuries that kept them out on Wednesday.”

Seems like Eichenberg at LT and Jackson at LG will continue for at least awhile.

It also seems that Austin Jackson is dealing with the after effects of Covid.

M13, you had mentioned something isn’t right with Jackson and that seems to be it. He said it effected his strength. It probably fucked with his head a bit too. Hopefully he can rebound as the season goes on.

If Jackson ends up at guard then we have a guard. Eich at tackle is what we were hoping for, whichever side. WTF up with Kindley is the big Q.

• bailbondmike says:

Yeah, he had a tough case COVID even after getting the VAX.

• bailbondmike says:

I think Kindley is fine. It’s this coaching staff funking them up.

How so though? He was at LG the entire offseason and then got benched because of performance.

Kindley hasn’t been with the starters all the way though camp. They had Eich playing at his LG spot most of the time. Guess you can call that on the coaches, but…..

Didn’t Kindley start the season though?

• bailbondmike says:

3 different OL coaches since he’s been here. My guess. Don’t know enough about OL play though. I do know he was a bull when it came to run blocking at UGA and why I liked the pick. He was good at pass pro as well there. Maybe they want him to be something he is not or doesn’t fit the blocking scheme (what ever that is we run). Instead of just letting him go out there and play football they are making him think to much.

Tim — Kindley started the first 2 games. None since.

That’s what I thought. So he got benched for a reason.

BBMike, not sure that it’s about coaching for Kindley. He’s only been here 1+ years, not sure it’s about coaching changes. Lemuel Jeanpierre was asst. OL coach last year and now the OL coach. I doubt he changed everything they taught last year.

In the big scheme of things, what does an OL do as a blocker? Hand placement, play with leverage, keep your feet moving, bend and don’t get too high. Regardless of the scheme, the same fundamental principles apply.

October 13, 2021 at 11:25 pm
    Yeah my bad. Negativity in general. Not towards you. Sorry.

————-
    All to the good, my Bro!

Once again, I think this guy gets it…

I was talking about our (lack of) T.O.P. and lack of commitment to the running game just the other day: the stats back it up.

For one, we MUST keep opposing Defenses honest… even if we’re not finding immediate success running the ball. Incomplete passes stop the clock (as I stated), and our Defense doesn’t get enough rest. On the other end, our Defense can’t seem to get off the field on 3rd down.

We’ve got to play SMARTER, as we did in game 1 against the Patsies*.

Nobody runs on the Bucs. That’s why Gaskin had 10 catches. Get him out in space. He’s a good player. Reminds me a bit of Tony Nathan, not the same exact athlete, but how they produce.

Without watching yet, Jerome Baker said he feels too many guys are going for the big play instead of playing within the scheme. That leads to failed assignments. You see it with some of the big plays allowed. Sometimes it’s not anyone getting beat mano a mano, it’s that nobody covered the receiver or a defender hit the wrong gap. I’ve seen that shit happen.

Thank I think a big part of the “problem “ with the oline may be they a hard headedness on the coaching level. They are sitting more physically gifted players who are not picking up the SPECIFIC pet peeve technique the flavor of the month coach is trying to push over less talented guys who may have dog and pony showed the technique in practice.

Rock, I really don’t know. But coaches usually play the best players.

Waddle our top pick is our #1 WR. But we’re using him like the Pats did with Edleman. I have no problem with that, but can we ever have him run a deep route down the sidelines or on a post? The guy can fly. So is it pass pro issues and conservative QB play and/or coaching? It might be all of it.

I think the coaches are dealing with how young and new the team is. This team has no body of work to rely on. They’re all part of the rebuild.

I don’t know I can’t watch that guy

So much set up to get to his point – just make the point you want to make

Agreed. He’s irritating. He likes to hear himself talk. His videos should be a few minutes long, not 10, 20 and 30 minutes long. He also rarely shows the play in action. He plays with frames.

Not supposed to be a reply

October 14, 2021 at 8:28 pm
    I don’t know I can’t watch that guy

So much set up to get to his point – just make the point you want to make
    —————
    I don’t disagree… he’s slow to develop and he’s a slow talker. However, he really does bring up some good, good stuff.

I’ll give you guys a Youtube hack: speed the video up on these slow-talkers. It saves ya time by getting through it more quickly.

October 14, 2021 at 8:15 pm
    ————–
    And I agree with this post 100% 🙂

Gaskin is a very, very unique player. I call him our secret weapon on Offense.

You guys just hear what the announcer said about the Eagles’ O-Line? Yup, it applies to us as well, to be sure.

To paraphrase, he said that this was the 4th or 5th different O-Line arrangement the Eagles have displayed this year and that it’s a LITTLE LATE into the season to be moving people around like that.

Most teams have it figured out by now, if not by the end of camp.

INCREDIBLE tackling by the Eagles’ Secondary on the last two plays! AB got nowhere fast!

SHEESH, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman really don’t like Jalen Hurts. Getting tired of hearing their biases.

FEST GAME TRANSPORTATION:

Anyone needing transport to the game please add name to list and repost. I will be booking something to get at very least mrs and I to game … based on names I see and passes bought , not looking like a lot needing a lift … 1 pu at La Quinta , and can arrange second at Hollywood Beach …. Let me know please and thanx.

Airport in T Minus 7 Hrs

Toba x 2

Stanger/OD/Phelon: can one of you advise on a couple things I’ve read … is the stadium Cashless?? IE beer and food and did they kill the smoking areas ??

October 14, 2021 at 9:32 pm
    Some, not most have figured it out.
    ————
    I disagree, my guy. I’d say most have figured it out, but there are a few (such as us) who have yet to figure it out.

Point: we’re not alone in trying to figure it out on the O-Line, so it’s not solely unique to us.

Bro, there might be 10 good O-lines in the league.

I can’t/won’t disagree with that, either. But by the law of averages, competition, ratings, etc… we’re one of the worst O-Lines in the league. It’s not as though we’re on the cusp of becoming a top-10 O-Line, as it currently stands, man.

Yes we are bad on the OL never said we were good, and about 20 of them in the league are struggling right there with us. OL play in the NFL is sub par overall.

Toba – Don’t know about the smoking but the stadium is cashless.

That was the worst check swing call by a first base ump in history. Seriously, how can a game be decided on shit like that?

159. Phindog says:

When I take a huge shit for some reason my balls stink 🐕😳

I’m getting the White Screen of Death when I try to comment thru wordpress on my iPad. Any of you smart people know how to work around this? I hate commenting on my phone!

Are you using Safari or a different web browser? If Safari doesn’t work, try downloading either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Jags, Atl, Texans, Jets!
    Tua’s big moment for fan support.
    how will he do?

Don’t expect much in this O

Ken, sent my phone number to Mike

NEW BLOG UP!!!!

Thanks, MikeE. I am using Safari. I’ve never tried any other browsers.