Walk the Line-backers

Besides our obvious needs for a Safety or CB, we also need a lot of help in our linebacking corps. As we all know, last season, the only reliable LB on our team was Jelani Jenkins. Philip Wheeler was underwhelming, as he has been since he’s been here, and Koa Misi was average to good when he was healthy, but as we’ve seen with him, he has trouble staying on the field.

I’m going to look at some OLB prospects, some who actually project better at 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE, and some who project both as ILB and OLB.

Dante Fowler

Dante Fowler – OLB Florida 6’3” 260

Fowler is basically the best OLB prospect in this draft. He has the size, speed, and production to make that so. He’s played DE and LB, and dropped 25 lbs to his current weight of 260. He projects best as a 3-4 OLB, but you know how it is with those projections. Just give me talent, and we’ll find a place for ya!

Fowler made 60 total tackles, 29 solo, 31 assisted. He had 8 sacks, 15 TFL, 2 FF’s, 1 FR and 17 QB hurries. NFL.com’s Lance Zeirlein has Fowler rated highest at 6.39. The AFC East college director of scouting said this . . . “He’s had to play at different weights and different spots on the field, and I think he’s finally understanding how to use his athleticism to dominate a game. He will be way better in the pros than what he is now.”

NFL Comparison – Khalil Mack

_______________________________________________________________________________

Vic Beasley

Vic Beasley OLB – Clemson 6’3” 235

Beasley is another top prospect, and outside linebacker. He goes a little lighter than Fowler, but keep in mind Fowler was playing all over the D-line and dropped 25 lbs to get to 260, so Beasley is right about where he should be a 4-3 OLB.

Last year, Beasley racked up 34 total tackles, 28 solo, 21.5 TFL, 12 sacks, 2 FF’s, 1 FR. Beasley did a lot if damage behind the LOS last year. Beasley is a 3 sport athlete, track and field, Football and Basketball. He’s a former running back who has quick feet and fluid hips, excellent pass coverage traits, and posses a great closing burst. He projects as 3-4 OLB, but an NFC Scout said this . . . “I know everyone will have him pegged as a 3-4 edge guy, but I think 4-3 defenses would be crazy not to consider him as a WILL or SAM who can bump down as an edge rusher in third downs. Denver does it with Von Miller, so why not consider it?”

Zeirlein has Beasley ranked 2nd at 6.08

NFL Comparison – Bruce Irvin

_______________________________________________________________________________

Paul Dawson

Paul Dawson ILB – TCU 6’2” 230

Dawson is a guy that projects both inside and outside in the NFL. Very instinctive player that is quick to diagnose and read the play. Excellent in pass coverage and true sideline to sideline defender. Dawson allowed only 35% of the passes in his area to be completed.

Dawson had 136 tackles, 81 solo, 20 TFL, 6 sacks, 2 FF’s, and 4 INT’s, one returned for a TD. Dawson averaged a tackle every 5.3 snaps and either caused or recovered 8 turnovers during the season. Sounds like just what we need here! Zeirlein ranking 6.0

NFL Comparison – Jessie Tuggle

______________________________________________________________________________

Shaq Thompson

Shaq Thompson OLB – Washington 6’1” 228

Thompson is a superior athlete that has played a few positions in CFB. As a RB, he gained 456 yards averaging 7.5 YPC. He’s played safety and linebacker. Very fluid athlete with excellent speed and closing burst, really has a 2nd gear. One minus is his difficulty maintaining weight. He’s struggled keeping his weight up, which would make him too small to play LB, and would force him to play safety. He projects as a weak OLB or S in the NFL. As Thompson says though, “I want to put it out there – – I’m a linebacker”

Thompson totaled 80 tackles, 51 solo, 2.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, which was returned for a TD, 2 FF’s and 3 FR’s.

An AFC North scout said this . . . “He was 219 pounds when I visited late in the season. I’m concerned about whether he will be able to keep enough weight on to be a 4-3 WILL. Until I see him actually play deep as a safety, I’m not sure that is a projection I’m comfortable making.”

Zeirlein gives him a 6.0 rating

NFL Comparison – Brandon Marshall (Broncos LB)

______________________________________________________________________________

Alvin “Bud” Dupree

Alvin “Bud” Dupree OLB – Kentucky 6’4” 264

Dupree projects as a 3-4 OLB. While he’s not an ideal fit for a 4-3, I’ll include him because of his talent. Very powerful football player and a very good athlete. Very explosive athlete with an excellent closing burst. Very high character player. He can set the edge with his strength and has shown ability to cover. Excellent pass rusher, which is why he projects well as a 3-4 OLB

Dupree amassed 74 total tackles, 46 solo, 8 sacks, 1 FF, 1 INT returned for a TD.

Zeirlein rates him a 5.94

NFL Comparison – Jamie Collins

______________________________________________________________________________

Eric Kendricks

Eric Kendricks ILB – UCLA 6’0” 230

Kendricks is an instinctive LB, and one of the most productive tacklers at LB in CFB. Excellent character and a good athlete who is always around the football. Kendricks is also a leader, a good trait for a team like ours who doesn’t really have one on defense.

Kendricks racked up 136 tackles, 96 solo, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 3 INT’s, 1 returned for a TD.

Zeirlein ranks him at a 5.78, mostly because he didn’t make a lot of plays behind the LOS. Otherwise, a very productive player.

NFL Comparison – Wesley Woodyard

______________________________________________________________________________

Denzel Perryman

Denzel Perryman ILB – Miami 6’0” 242

Thickly built, stout, prototypical ILB build. Lays the lumber when he hits. Sheds blocks well, and plays low, and keeps his eye on the target. Very physical player. Not very fast and doesn’t move specially well. Is a liability in coverage.

Perryman totaled 102 total tackles, 73 solo, with 3 FF’s, 4.5 sacks, 2 INT’s, 1 returned for a TD.

Zeirlein gives him a 5.7

NFL Comparison – D’Qwell Jackson

______________________________________________________________________________

Stephone Anthony

Stephone Anthony ILB – Clemson 6’3” 245

Anthony is a well built LB. Very consistent and reliable tackler. Plays faster than he times. Competes through to the whistle. Does not shed blocks well and uses poor leverage to disengage. Is a liability in coverage. Doesn’t have good closing speed. Not very instinctive.

Anthony finished with 72 tackles, 42 solo, 3 sacks, 1 FF, 1 INT.

Zeirlein rates him at 5.44

NFL Comparison – Zach Orr

______________________________________________________________________________

Jordan Hicks

Jordan Hicks OLB – Texas 6’1” 234

Hicks is a very smart player, and he loves the game of football. Prepares well for games, has superb character. Not very instinctive and doesn’t diagnose plays well. Very good tackler, rarely misses one.

And NFC scout said this . . . “Hicks needed the discipline that Charlie Strong brought with him. I saw enough improvement this year to give him a much higher grade than I had on him back in September.”

Hicks racked up 98 tackles, 52 solo, 9.5 TFL, 6 sacks, 2 INT’s.

Zeirlein ranks him at 5.4

______________________________________________________________________________

There are other prospects of course, and we may very well end up taking none of these guys, and maybe we’ll take someone else.  I think one of these is likely to be a target at least for us, but whether we actually draft any of these guys remains to be seen.

Let me know who your favorite is, and if there was someone I should have added, please post something on the blog about that player.  Thanks, and enjoy!

This entry was posted in Ask Mike, SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

338 Responses to Walk the Line-backers

1. Try Pod says:

Good info and research Mike. Who needs self-proclaimed “draft gurus”?

2. dbolt48 says:

So Dawson is now disliked by teammates and the rest of his program. Admits to be Tardy to a lot of meetings and weight lifting sessions. It’s draft season

3. jetsssuck says:

give me Alvin “Bud” Dupree OLB – Kentucky 6’4” 264 and the LB situation becomes a nightmare for OL with all the interchangable LB’s. Ireland talked about this and what the team wanted to accomplish with Coyle’s vision.

We would have vernon/jordan lined up on one side and then dupree/wake on other side which could provide many options and confused OL on what player is going to rush,if both are going to rush or if we are going to have a make blitz from both sides or maybe play conservative and just rush normal 4 players. Oh yeah all 4 players could drop into coverage.

4. sixthree0ne says:

Thanks for the info Mike. Great post. I’ve been slacking on my scouting, waiting until after the combine.

Thanks Try, 631

We’re trying to get as many of these done before the combine, and then of course, we’ll have to do revised reports once all the numbers are in, because things will change once they do the drills, they always do.

Perryman
    Perryman
    Perryman

I don’t think he is a liability in pass d
    Me likey Perryman

Good write up mike
    No mckinney mention?

Don’t pay the Perryman, don’t even fix a price

Don’t pay the Perryman, until he gets you to the other side

Woh-ohhhh, oh-wohhhh

I think Fowler will be a DE, maybe a 4-3 team takes him and he plays OLB but he looks like a DE in the league to me and if he’s there at 14 he’s the best player on the board more than likely.

Good job Mike, thanks for the effort.

Thanks Son – You’re probably right.

11. dbolt48 says:

Agree with Pig on Perryman in coverage. He’s not bad in coverage. You can’t leave any LB in coverage for too long or they’ll get beat just like Grimes does. The same applies to Stephone Anthony who functions fine in coverage and slips blocks a lot better than he’s given credit for

Have two very nice guys in my house right now. Wish I’d never met them though…….they are hear to install my new AC unit. Ouch.

That sucks but at least you won’t need to do it again for a loooong time.

It’s like buying a car. Knew I would have to, but thought I had another 2-4 years left. But at least it is not like I totaled a new car taking the first turn off the lot.

Great info Mike E. I’m really hoping we pick up a studly ILB. Seems a 3-4 team would value the studly OLB that otherwise would be a DE more than us…..plus I still am hoping that’s where Jordan ends up. Normally ILBs come cheaper. Can we get a quality one in the 2nd or 3rd?

Try

I don’t know any other songs by de Burgh. Sounds like I oughta check it out.

Anyone here think there’s a shot we switch to a 3-4, at least our base defense? I know there are so many packages and hybrid looks, but I”m talking our base defense.

I don’t

I mean certainly there is a chance but I think we go status quo for now and build on what we’ve been doing.

Makes sense, but they have to figure out a way how not to disappear at the end of the season, and also, how to utlize the talent we have, namely Dion Jordan. It’s shameful that we haven’t gotten anything but ST’s production from him. Could be him, no doubt, but someone on this staff should make him a project and make this kid realize his talent while he’s still in a Dolphins uniform.

16. Silly Tim says:

Mike E, we did play a 5-2 last year. 4 down linemen, Vernon on the weak side standing up, and two LBs inside.

17. Silly Tim says:

Chris de Burgh also had a hit with “The Lady in Red”.

18. Silly Tim says:

Jordan and McCain could really help the defense go to another level if they reach their potential.

19. dbolt48 says:

February 12, 2015 at 9:36 am
    Even better news is the fact it’s more like buying a car engine vs the car. You already have all the duct work etc in place.

Why thanks dbolt…….makes me feel so much better. 🙂

• dbolt48 says:

Pricing for duct work and the branch lines along with the boxing and insulation costs much more than the unit itself….at least up here. Figured I’d try to give you the bright side…LOL

It seems they prefer McCain at DE. I don’t think he played LB at all last year.

“The investigation found that the organization used a falsified boundary map and that team officials met with neighboring districts to claim players and build what amounts to a superteam.”

The latest Wells report?
    An NCAA investigation?
    Big Time Texas High school football?

Nope……that’s about the US Little League champs. Just sad.

• dbolt48 says:

What’s worse is they are going to hold a rally in support of this team. LOL, our society has no moral ethics anymore. We worry about murderers feeling pain when they are executed, we hold rallies when a criminal gets gunned down, and we hold rallies for cheaters. Way to go America.

Im a big fan of Fowler obviously, but i doubt highly he drops out of top 10, if he fell to 14, i still have a hard time justifying him over other picks that fill positions of need. I do strongly believe he will be a stud in the NFL though.

I would stay away from Shaq, because i think his jack of all trades, but master of none makes him have bust written all over him. You really have to know what your doing with a guy like that, as he has insane ability as an athlete, but those abilities are going to have to be refined and developed for wherever he winds up. There are teams out there that are going to be able to do that, i dont think we re one of those teams. I have seen no indication through other guys who need to be developed, even a little, that we could manage that and it would be a disservice to us and them to take him. I would see him as a S prospect for us, and due to no idea how well he would work there, he wouldnt be a 1st round selection, if we were taking him for that purpose.

Beasley, Dawson and Dupree are all talented, but again, they are OLB’s with little potential to play ILB which is our weakest area on D. Dupree and Beasley are both to me are pretty close to one another, i saw Dupree in action many times in SEC games and he is really impressive. Beasley i have only seen in a couple of matchups against SEC opponents, and on videos, and he seems pretty good too. Both will make someone very happy, but im hoping we do not make them our selection at 14.

Kendricks and Perryman, i could see either of them for us at MLB next year. I think i have liked what i have seen in film from Perryman best of the two, but Kendricks shows some real instincts in shooting the gaps on runs and making plays. Sideline to sideline though i think Perryman is better and i think he really helps the whole unit be stronger against the run, kinda the way a a good center-fielder does for an outfield. neither of them seem to handle coverage great, but they can get by. Jenkins is pretty good in that area, so i think we would be ok if they weren’t stars in coverage day 1. For me these guys are on an even level just after McKinney and that gap isn’t a big one either.

All in all, every one of these prospects are good players, i just cant justify picking an OLB as high as almost all of these guys are projected with us being only moderately weak in that area, but severly weak at MLB. Im not even sure i would select an OLB in this draft at all.

Honest question! We(players) get penalized for domestic violence which is right. But what do we do when we are verbally abused by coaches?

— Chris McCain (@DolphinEret) February 12, 2015

• dbolt48 says:

Yep….All’s. He had to say was there’s no reason to dehumanize someone at practice by coaches, but noooooo, he just had to compare it to bare knuckle boxing women.

• Silly Tim says:

Bad comparison. But he’s also saying publicly our coaches verbally abuse him? Some stuff is suppose to be kept in house.

• dbolt48 says:

No, when he was led asked if it was occurring in miami he said no

• dbolt48 says:

@NYDOLFAN13: @DolphinEret I’d call that coach out in front of the whole team .. I hope this isn’t going on in mia!?
        @DolphinEret: @NYDOLFAN13 not at all.

son of a son of a shula says:
    February 12, 2015 at 9:49 am
    starring Dom Delouise:
    —————————————-
    Thats one of the saddest generational let down of almost all the 80’s sex symbols, between here and Twany Kitaen its just kinda depressing.

Thanks for the commentary D. You know oddly enough, NFL.com has Dawson listed as an ILB.

Yeah i know, i dont see it though, i have also seen comments at least said to come from NFL Gm’s and scouts thinking he is anywhere from a 3-6th rounder. Again this is the time of year some talk down other prospects, so take that with a grain of salt, but my own eyes tell me he is suited best for OLB, i dont think his instincts at MLB are nearly as good as Kendricks and Perryman, maybe even Wilson. He and Wilson would be on pretty close level for me if i were selecting him as an ILB for us, probably around a 3rd round selection and that would probably mean the other 3 were off the board AND i had a really good S or CB prospect in the second.

Another thing about Dawson that scares me is how he plays the LB position. It actually scares me because he reminds me a lot of Philip Wheeler. He kinda of just sling shothimself at people and he doesnt seem to square up for tackles. In the NFL thats going to be an issue, those RB’s and TE’s are going to shift their hips make one cut and be off to the races while he lays on the ground.

26. Silly Tim says:

Dbolt, so McCain meant in college with the coaches then.

Thankfully McCain didn’t name a coach, but he made an awful comparison, and like you said, keep the verbal abuse stuff in house. I’m sure it’s happened at every level he’s played football.

It does, every level, and damn near every coach. Most use it as the carte blanche method of motivating. They arent psychologist and dont try to be, they dont realize some people motivate different and that that method can be de-motivational to some. Still, he has seen it all the way up, its nothing new.

Silly Tim says:
    February 12, 2015 at 10:19 am
    ——————————————
    Shit like that will get the coaching staff to set him to the side, not to mention it kinda makes him out to be a pussy.

• Silly Tim says:

Dbolt said he was asked if that was happening in Miami and he said no, so he meant when he was at Cal where he had some issues with the team.

Yeah i saw that after i posted, but still tell me who EVERYONE assumed it was about….he is currently with the Dolphins, and the Dolphins just got out of a bullying scandal.

I’m not to worried about what McCain said on twitter

I’m guessing its just his way of attacking what he thinks is an overbearing NFL policy and not about Dolphins coaches or even Cal coaches

Its a shitty comparison, I agree, so deduct points for style

But again I try to emphasize the underlying idea that we shouldn;t judge these guys too harshly for what they say

no matetr the PR backlash

If your trying to make a point though Piggy, and you should know this as well as anyone being a lawyer, you have to be clear your intention and your subject, otherwise people take it as they interpret it and that can be bad for the wrong people sometimes.

Me being a lawyer doesn;t change my point of view on these things

We can edit our speech over and over again based ont he possibility of misinterpreation

or we can say “fuck it” I will deal witht he judgment

You just make a choice on how to conduct yourself given the risks
        Who is the say the wisest decision is to be so concerned about PR backlash?

• dbolt48 says:

He had s big issue with Cals coaches so I won’t leave them off the target audience😬

Well if he wasnt calling out Miami, he shoulda been more clear…this is why Twiiter is so fucking dangerous because i would bet there are several blorter, salivating and typing an article feverishly that Miami still has a bullying issue.

• Silly Tim says:

Twitter is as reliable for information as Brian Williams reporting the news. LOL

You are right

but he only has so many charcaters on twitter…lol

Really, I think the better solution is we don’t maginfy these sort of statements into contraversies

I hope the team doesn’t puinish him
      I never liked the Don Jones punishment
      I think we need to loosen up a little

I agree with the sensitivity and backlash over every little thing, but these guys have to understand too, Twitter is a dangerous thing, and they should edit themselves accordingly. Price that comes with being a celeb.

Lol they need a way to forward twitter comments, so these guys could hire a editor and all tweets went fromthem to them and then to the internet.

32. Silly Tim says:

What did Don Jones do?

I don;t remember the specifics of the punishment

I think there was a fine and maybe a little more

LOL@Son

D says:
    “every little thing”

36. Silly Tim says:

LOL @ Son on Sam’s purse.

37. CaliGigi says:

Denzell Perryman is a stud he hits harder then anyone presently on the Fins defense.

he can hit!

And its not shoddy hitting

its great technique
      He won’t be fined for the kind of great hits he makes
      He is not using his helmet or hitting anyone in the helmet

He’s really fun to watch

word has it, wedge is scouting him and will mention something about his hitting soon

Better his purse than his jock strap . . . .

D

Just curious – How is it that Dawson made a tackle every 5.2 snaps, but can’t tackle? lol

Gigi – You’re CaliGigi now – You’re going to have let those guys from the U go now! 🙂

Why is there a random picture of Dom Delouise on this blog

I have to admit – I love that Dawson was compared to Jessie Tuggle. He was a great ILB for a long time with ATL.

Gotta love feisty Lew Dunlap.

——————–
    For those more tech savvy than me (which means anyone other than OD) is there a way where I could have pulled up the repeated vid (2nd one) and just posted that?

D

————————————-
    Because its college not the NFL

What douche bag pitcher is throwing high and tight on an 88 year old, what an asshole. They should have let the old man whoop his ass.
    SMFH @ chin music on a 88 yr old

Stanger, right click on the image and click – copy image url – then post the link and it will show the pic.

47. CaliGigi says:

Mike E: Nevah!!! The U is in my blood as are all my Miami teams!

48. CaliGigi says:

Piggy knows about Perryman…yay!!!! 🙂

Son! I’m just out of town, not totally out of touch . . . .

Brilliantly is a big stretch – deservedly yes but I don’t see the brilliance hell I can hardly tell what the hell he’s saying.

• Silly Tim says:

I didn’t mean it was brilliant just that he kept taking shots at one of America’s biggest assholes.

I’m not up on some of the new lingo. LOL

No not you the link says it was brilliant. We’re both old guys I know you don’t know all the lingo either just like me.

Tim, everyone seems to want to excuse this assholes behavior away, laugh it off or whatever but why don’t they tell this no talent hack kanye to stay home that he isn’t welcome at the show. What it isn’t pc to have common courtesy anymore for the people in the show.

• Silly Tim says:

That’s what my wife said they should do and I agree.

That or the moment the best album is about to be announced, someone knocks fuckface out. LOL

I think I’m gonna get dragged to see 50 Shades this weekend. Fuck you movie makers

I heard they are posting at theaters to not bring your ben-wa balls, dildos, handcuffs and other accutremente inside the theatre.

53. Silly Tim says:

LOL @ Son

You can turn to them and say want some popcorn?

I understand the working title for the film was originally called – Weekend at FFR’s”

55. dbolt48 says:

February 12, 2015 at 10:59 am
    I just hope the rallies are in support of the kids. Them I feel sorry for.
    Stanger,
    I’m sorry, but fuck the rally for the kids. It’s still giving credence to cheating. The kids aren’t losing anything by being stripped of the title…..because they never really won it. Lessons in life are hard sometimes, but it’s part of life. You have a better outlook on humanity than I do as I see this as nothing more than teaching kids cheating and crime is ok.

I get your point, but still think the kids are just pawns in this. Don’t blame them one bit…..we are talking twelve-year-olds. And will admit my outlook on humanity is good. Maybe not over all so much, but I hate blaming people who just get caught up in the wash based on what the baddies do……in this case the adults who redrew these lines.

Gonna Get You!

I gotta run see you guys later. (I have to go get chaps and a whip)

Mike i just went back and watched several game footage of Dawsons just to make sure i wasn’t seeing something wrong. I even went as far as to critique each play of those games (could post it but it would be a HUGE post), and my position hasn’t changed. He isn’t a MLB for us. He, i do think would be a VERY good OLB in a 4-3, with small knock on him in coverage, which he is about 60/40 good to bad. The way he plays, more upright than leaned, and his current inability to disengage blocks will kill him at MLB in the NFL. His size, weight specifically, unless he bulks up some, will also hamper him there. His instincts are hit or miss, he bites a lot on play action, and his first step is almost always at the running back, which is great if play is to your side, or even a inside run off the opposite side tackle/guard, but on sweeps and counters for example will get you out of position of pursuit angels, and sealing off cutback lanes. I do take back the Wheeler comparison, he definitely seems more controlled than Wheeler. Im not sure why people insist he could play MLB, especially when his experience and superb play is at OLB. Maybe they mean MLB in a 3-4, that might be more accurate. I cant see him manning that role in a 4-3 though.

I know he is one of your favorites and im not trying to shit on your guy, but i dont think he fits our D at the position we need him to. Would be going against the grain instead of with it and playing to his strengths.

59. dbolt48 says:

Where does thi team need to improve:

The Bottom 5

The Titans and Vikings were the only teams to average more than two sacks per game. To make things worse, both teams attempted fewer passes than the league-median. The Dolphins allowed the most QB hits in the table below but were third-worst overall. Interestingly, the AFC Championship game featured the bottom two teams in terms of QB hits allowed, the Colts with 52 and the Patriots with a league-high 61. The Saints ranked 22nd in overall PBE but allowed a league-high 146 hurries. Unfortunately for the Dolphins and Vikings, they were the only two teams ranked in the Bottom 10 in all three sub-categories.

60. Try Pod says:

Speaking of getting dragged someplace, my wife lives Fleetwood Mac and hinted how great it would be to go see them on Tuesday. If Fleetwood Mac’s tour bus broke down in front of my house, I wouldn’t invite them in for coffee. But guess who’s going to see miss billy goat herself?
    This guy>>>> Try Pod.

• Silly Tim says:

I like Fleetwood Mac. You don’t like Stevie Nicks’ voice? I have friends who feel the same way. Though her voice did help make their sound.

• Try Pod says:

You and I have talked about this before- there are very few bands I want to see at this point: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Members of Yes up to Tales of Topographic Oceans… Fleetwood Mac are not on that list. I think the sound quality, particularly at large arenas is horrible, and I don’t love my fellow man enough to want to spend 2 hours together with his 60+ year old ass and his wife. The youngest age there will be death.

• Try Pod says:

No offense to anyone with a 60+ year old ass off their wife, or anyone in the demographic of death, for that matter.

• Try Pod says:

Let me clarify: F M is fine, and they had good stuff at one point. But turn on a classic rock station and within an hour you will hear at least one of their songs. OVERPLAYED!

I actually like Fleetwood Mac

But I don;t know about seeing a live show of Fleetwodd Mac
      B/c there is a lot of crap they made that I don;t care for

• Try Pod says:

Off their= or their

61. Silly Tim says:

LOL @ Try. I’m not a fan of big arenas either. Give me The Beacon any day for any act.

62. Silly Tim says:

Dbolt, my wife mentioned that about Fleetwood Mac because some family mentioned going to see them and she said slow down, they didn’t sound so good from what I heard.

• dbolt48 says:

If rather slam my nuts in a solid core door than get brain fucked by that gibberish.

Tell us how you really feel….come on dont hold back….

• dbolt48 says:

D,
        My mother and grandmother told me when I was a 3, in 81, my mother was playing her Fmac garbage and I came from the enclosed front porch with my mini Louisville slugger and kept smashing the record&wrecked player with it because I hated the music

Not a big SB Nation fan overall, you have to judge who is writing it. Good stuff does come out though and this is one fine break down of our salary cap options.

64. Silly Tim says:

Friend: Hey anyone want to go see Kayne West?
    Tim: I’d rather have a goat gnaw my package off while sticking hot pins in my eyes.
    Friend: Geez man, I was just asking.

Good post Mike E

I’m just back from ‘Lunch and Learn”. 😴😴😴

Try

I like Fleetwood Mac, and Rumours was one of my first albums, maybe my 4th or 5th. I like Stevie Nicks, but her voice in certain songs grates on me. Sometimes she’s too much Elmer Fudd for my taste.

I had a crush on her back in the day, but then this is the one that got me going.

• Try Pod says:

You know, if you’d have been a member of the band, you could have probably hit that.

• Try Pod says:

I say that because it seems everyone else in the band did. I think even Christie.

LOL Try — if I was a member of a band like that last thing on my mind would be her. It would be like google “which babe I wanna hit.” Have heard stories about my high school classmates who are in bands.

• Try Pod says:

I liked Tusk- but crap, I don’t need to go see them play it live to appreciate it. I’m good here.

I totally understand. The last few concerts I saw were great, but I have to really like the group in order to see them in concert. I saw Chicago/REo Speedwagon over the summer at the PNC in NJ, Billy Joel at MSG, and John Fogarty in AC. Thoroughly enjoyed all 3.

Richie signed with the Bills for $1.1 with playing incentives that could pop that up a bit over a million more. Not a bad price for the player. But then damaged goods come at a discount.

D

Your commentary on Dawson was very hurtful. Thank you!

Does the USC Marching Band perform with Fleetwood Masc when they perform Tusk

70. Silly Tim says:

Stevie Nicks is rumored to like girls too.

71. Silly Tim says:

You’d be surprised how easy girls get for musicians.

He even admits he wont be able to start day one at MLB and would need to start at OLB first. I mean i cant argue something like that which is complete guessing, but i feel confident if we need a 1st day starting MLB we dont get it with Dawson, and that guys seems to also agree with me.

72. jetsssuck says:

how’s this for PT innovation. Guy was warming up with this last night.Suppose to lower intake oxygen levels and decrease knee pressure

LOL @ Try – Tim is, and always has been a whore. lol

74. Silly Tim says:

Stanger, I wasn’t even in a big time band or anything and yes some girls are just attracted to musicians. Even in clubs not playing if you had the look you could make eye contact and make plans for later within 15 minutes. I’m serious. Some of my friends used to lose it when I would do that. They’d say what’s up with her and I’d say she’s going to come back to the apt. later. They’d be like she just walked in the fuckin door, dude, you mutha fucka! LOL

To all of you, as Valentines Day approaches, take a few minute to think about your SO and despite how we act on here, realize, life isn’t about sex. Life is about children, and passion, and spirit! , It’s not about fucking and balls and pussy. It’s about love. Life is about people. It’s about connection. It’s not about tossing salad. It’s not about cock and ass and tits…… and i know this may be hard for you to hear Tim, its not even about butthole pleasures. So when ya’ll go home today, and snuggle up with that special one (even if it is a pickle jar) keep all that in mind and treat that day, and them special.

Do you read Stephen King? The book I’m currently reading “Revival” is all about this. The timing is funny, because I started reading it a couple of weeks, but I don’t get to read it often. It’s slow, but the main character plays rhythm guitar.

LOL you guys didnt pick up on that quote from above lol…….

78. Silly Tim says:

Mike E, I did like to read Stephen King books back in the day. Then all of a sudden I’d find myself having to read the same paragraph over and over so I decided I’d never finish the damn thing and that was the end of me reading books. LOL

79. Silly Tim says:

D, I don’t know the movie reference.

First part and last part were my additions, but here is the rest of the quote.

It’s not about these rusty trombone, and dirty sanchez. It’s not about rainbow showers and camel-toe slide, and your Cincinnati bowtie, your Arabian goggles or the hot carl and pearl necklace, or pussy juice cocktails, and the jagged-head dildos, and the double-decker pussies. Shit stained balls, and cum swapping, and the hanging brain, it’s not about the rattlesnake wiggle, and the alligator fuck house, donkey-punching, the tea-bagging–

80. Silly Tim says:

Try, back then we would put a little rubber thingy on our John Thomas to avoid such painful things. 😉

Man the Jags have over 60mil cap space, BEFORE any offseason cuts, and whatnot, thats also not countin any carry over from last year if they have any.

We are the lowest in cap space of any teams that arent in the red. Counting our carryover from last year we have enough to sign our rookie class and that’s about it.

• Silly Tim says:

They have a pretty good defense too. When their offense starts to put it together they’re going to be a good team.

D

Dawson wouldn’t have to start at MLB right away. Misi is there, and he can play as long as he stays healthy. When he’s not, you put Dawson there.

Still would hate taking him out of the position he is awesome in and putting him there because we can…. Wouldn’t it be better to get a person who that’s their natural position and having a little better feeling it might work out instead of draft and hope?

We aren’t talking about a 3rd-4th round pick after all, we are talking about using potentially our first, and for sure at least 2nd on him.

Cincinnati Bowtie broke the blog.

Seems Weenie Chris McCain would have never made it playing for the likes of Vince Lombardi or Mike Ditka…lol

D – Is it the 40 year old virgin?

Uh oh, Perriman is is moving quickly up the boards.

According to NFL.com’s Gil Brandt, it would be “no surprise” if UCF WR Breshad Perriman were drafted in the first round.
    Brandt says Perriman is “ascending,” and the buzz has certainly increased. ESPN’s Mel Kiper recently mocked Perriman as a top-15 pick, while NFL Films’ Greg Cosell likened Perriman’s “size and movement” to Julio Jones. The son of ex-Lions WR Brett Perriman, Breshad posted a 50-1,044-9 line across 13 games as a true junior this past year. The NFL Combine starts next Tuesday.

I guess what im saying is if we draft a guy like Thompson, Dawson, Beasley, Dupree, etc. we need to be selecting them with the intention of playing them at OLB. I mena there is a strategy for that, keep Misi at MLB, and get someone to pair with Jenkins. Im just looking at our roster and seeing a guy like Jordan who we could pair with Jenkins already and a guy like Misi that cant stay healthy. To me that make getting a true MLB probably one of the more curcial moves to make in the draft. We could really use a solid, at least high potential to start before years out at MLB guy.

I think Perriman moving up the boards helps us a lot. Might not help us get him but think about it, a guy im sure we know well enough if he is worth it, moves up so we either get competition that pushes White/Parker down to us, or creates yet another fallback option if we dont get them and want to trade back. Also it pushes another guy, like maybe McKinney, McCann, etc down potentially into the second when we pick there. Also forces more trade partners for someone who really has their eye on Perriman if a early run on WR’s starts.

89. Silly Tim says:

I replied to Mike E, I didn’t post the same thing as him after him. You buy him a beer and make sure it’s really beer. LOL

Seems the rumor is now confirmed…I wanted Philbin to bring Clements here in 2012, but instead he got Sherman.

OC Tom Clements will call the plays for the Packers this season.
    Following a disastrously conservative showing in the NFC Championship Game, head coach Mike McCarthy is stepping back. He’s going to spend more time with the special teams and as an overseer a la Jason Garrett and Mike Tomlin. It should be a seamless transition for Aaron Rodgers, as Clements and quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt remain in place.

91. Try Pod says:

How do I turn off email from the website? It is killing me!

Two late your fucked, you have to leave and never come back…..the setting will follow you forever.

• Try Pod says:

I’m afraid you may be right! Worst of it is, I don’t remember going anywhere were these settings could have been changed in the first place.

Last 5 Picks:

Round 7 Pick 19: Dallas
    Round 7 Pick 20: New York
    Round 7 Pick 21: Cincinnati

View Draft Summary
    View Remaining Players

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (C+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina (B)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (B)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Louis Trinca-Pasat, DT, Iowa (A-)
    ——————————————
    They didnt like my Perriman pick in the 4th lol…..look i got two Perry(i)men.

93. Silly Tim says:

All Hannah Davis was doing in that pic was giving people a glimpse at Derek Jeter’s boner garage.

NFL Media draft analyst Mike Mayock believes West Virginia WR Kevin White is the No. 1 WR prospect in the 2015 class.
    For some time, Alabama WR Amari Cooper seemed like a lock as the No. 1 WR in the draft, however, White’s stock has risen over the last couple of weeks. Rotoworld’s Josh Norris has Oklahoma’s WR Dorial Green-Beckham as his top WR prospect, followed by Kevin White, and Amari Cooper ranking third.

• Silly Tim says:

Kevin White is my favorite WR in this draft at this time.

I thinK white deserves to be #1
      I think he is the best prospect

I’m a little surprised the DGB is ranked so highly by some

Cooper was very productive at Alabama and that shoudl not be igonored

Likelihood of Parker or Strong being available later in first round or in 2nd is much stronger!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If i take what i think is best for OUR team out, and just consider them in general, its close to me between White and Cooper. White has nothing on cooper in the different routes he can run fluidly, nor does White accelerate through his cuts like Cooper, but White i think is better mostly because of size and just overall athletic ability. I also think White is a better find a lane and take it to the house guy. DGB after that, again, size plus he has top end speed to go with being the tallest pure receiver int he draft. I like it because my pick for us, as in best for us is Parker, he’s a bigger bodied, Landry, with a little less as far as hands, and a little more in terms of speed. Parker compared to all the others is probably the better red zone guy.

S or Cb more important for us this year. I think we need to take at least one of those positions in the draft prior to round 4, and previously i would have said S, no problem, but im beginning to feel maybe CB. Even though they are young, the durability issues Davis and Taylor have had, really worries me.

“Oh definitely. I’ve always been a hometown fan — Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, Miami Heat and always have been associated with those three — so getting drafted by the Dolphins, that would definitely be another dream come true for me. I can’t even explain how I would feel.”

That’s WR Phillip Dorsett of UM……and he reportedly ran a 4.21 40. Should be there in the 2nd. Hoping it works out with Wallace but if it doesn’t…….

There is a lot to like about that kind. His interview have made me like him even more than his 40 time and what i have seen of him on videos.

We don’t need two of them, but if we need a stretch guy we could do worse.

Dont think Dorsett is like Wallace, with excpetion of they both have straight line speed. Dorsett i think would be better/more vesatile because he can play in the slot and line up most every spot of the field and run most routes inside and out. Whether he is ready this year to supplant him, or if he would need a year to cook is my only question, in the end, he will fit our offense better.

And unlike this year…..Wallace will be fiscal smart cuttable in 2016. Interesting.

97. Try Pod says:

Every thing I have read says he is a “take it to the house” kinda guy, and would be a great addition to our “dink and dunk” offense.

Bill Parcells traded center Samson Satele in 2009 in part because he felt he couldn’t handle the big nose tackles in the AFC East, such as Vince Wilfork. So it was very interesting to see Satele, signed off the street in training camp once Mike Pouncey injured his hip, absolutely dominating Wilfork in the run game. Wilfork got his butt kicked Sunday by Satele and guard Shelley Smith. If he wasn’t getting pancaked to the ground, he was having a tough time coming off his blocks. The big man just didn’t look like the dominant player he used to be.
    LOL TOOO BAD THIS WASN’T THE CASE ALL YEAR!

Satele was a much better fit for the zone blocking scheme……plus he was a 911 replacement after Pouncey wasn’t there. More importantly — you hanging in there Rock?

Im keeping a close eye on this one. I think we could do a trade, he for Wallace which would help the Cards out in the tune of almost 10mil on their cap, which they are about 10mil in the hole right now.Only bad part is that would be a 7mil additional year cap hit unless we could convince Fitz to re-structure once he got here. Article says thats what the cards are going to try to get him to do but given their cap situation id bet money they would be asking him to cut a lot more than we would. I think Fitz would also see it as a way to move up, as i think he is over Arizona. Probably unlikely this will happen but Fitz for Wallace would make me pretty happy.

We could take him if Wallace was gone. $8 mil next year. 2016 it is $15 mil. No way anyone pays that. Key is the bonus hit would fall on the Cards.

Looks liek Leveon Bell is going to get a 2 game suspension for pot. These kids need classes on keeping their shit together lol, “How to handle fame 101”

Theymake them take classes at the rookie syposium
      that sound slike nap time to me

I feel like I’m the resident athlete apologist
      but I don;t think anyone should be suspended, fined or disciplined in any way for smoking weed

I know its probably unfair to think of it this way, but to me, a business is a business, and most of the time you get pretty sever punishment in most any other business for popping positive for a drug test. Most times, unless you have, prior to the test asked for help, you are terminated on your first offense. We see football as a sport, but to those guys and their employers this is a business, and they are employees.

Colts may cut Richardson. I know he has few fans here, but i wonder if he might not be worth kicking the tires on. I know it was Alabamas bad ass OL that made him look better than he was but dude had skills in college and it still puzzles me why he hasnt been able to get it together in the NFL. Rookie year, he looked ok, looked like it might happen and then BAM, big fucking wall.

He would porbably be a good short yardage guy

but with RBs they usually don;t come back fromd ecline
      I just think he was a bit overused at alabama and ran out of juice pretty quicklyin the NFL

he was a good back as a rookie

Walker -ESPN seems to think the Colts also would be a viable trade partner for us for Wallace. They do have a bunch of cap space, so they could make that move, and they have been notoriously generous with their offers in the past. I bet we could easily get a 2nd rounder from them for him.

That sounds great. They definitely need playmakers, and Wallace would kick major ass with Luck at QB. He slings the ball all over the place.

I think it would be better match, yes. Luck is definately more gunslinger, and i think would fit and complement their offense more. He and TY Hilton would make for a pretty sick WR corp.

Hell yeah he would. Indy will be known as the Dolphins rehabilation center. lol

LOL Eagles chose Riley Cooper to be the spotlight player for February…….

Piggy

While I agree that no one should be penalized for smoking weed, the NFL has rules, and players have to abide by them, just as any other employer has rules. If your law firm had a rule that you could be terminated if you failed a routine drug test, whould you still smoke pot?

One is Philosphical (should/Shouldnt) and the other is contractual (will not/shall not) and they are legally obligate to abide by those or pay the consequences.

Meant (shall/shall not)

Yup. I think it’s a silly rule, because they’re allowed to drink alcohol, but it doesn’t matter, it’s a rule, and if they want to be in the NFL, it’s really a small sacrifice to make.

LMAO….

“The Steelers should look at Jameis Winston … that way they can groom the next rapist behind their current rapist.”

Try Pod says:
    February 12, 2015 at 3:40 pm (Edit)

How do I turn off email from the website? It is killing me!

Did you click on the follow button that appears in the lower right corner of the blog when you aren’t signed in? It asks for your email and then sends an email when there is a new post….I think. I haven’t clicked it but I think that’s how it works. At any rate, click on your avi in the upper right corner, then account settings. Click the Notifications tab at the top, scroll down and click block email notifications. Again, I haven’t clicked the follow thing so I’m not sure if this will stop them. If it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll try to find out what you need to do. 🙂

And I’m hurt you don’t want to get tons of email from us. lol

Couple Re-posts from Late last night..
    Answer to 4000/300 Club:

Tannehill became only the eighth quarterback in NFL history to pass for at least 4,000 yards and rush for at least 300 in the same season. He joined Cam Newton (2011), Aaron Rodgers (2009), Daunte Culpepper (2004), Jeff Garcia (2000), Steve Young (1993, 1998), Mark Brunell (1996) and Don Majkowski (1989).
    manitobafinfan says:
    February 12, 2015 at 1:27 am

Had a fun night tonight.. Went to see “The Pink Floyd Experience” , band from San Diego that does an Awesome job on Floyd tunes.. Spent time with the Flying Pig, Sax player looked like Al .. Keyboardist TOTALLY reminded me and the missus of Rockphin.. Besides playing the keyboards, he also did the Maniacal laff from Brain Damage/Eclipse, as well as the female Wailing solo part.. That Rockphin is one talented dude.. I have always been a huge Floyd fan, but have just never been right place/ with right person to see them live, MAN have missed something..wife went in saying she could not name three songs, i told her she’d be surprised how many she would recognize.. she was very pleased with the show as well.. Anyways, anyone gets the chance , go see these guys well worth the 50.00 .. Go Arthur Lynch !!!!!! 🙂

AS for the Chris De Burgh discussion, by FAR his best work was Spanish Train album.. title song, Patricia the Stripper, The Painter.. Was a classic ..

Try pod: BTW I Loved your how i became a fins fan post..

Hey Manitoba – We’re you tripping or something? What’s with this band looking like everyone from this blog? 🙂

• manitobafinfan says:

LOL, i only inhaled 2nd hand my friend i swear.. It was bizarre.. Bass player was off the charts, but did not resemble any one that i had met though..

Josh Gordon said the same thing Manitoba. Just sayin’. lol

• manitobafinfan says:

i was only speaking of last night, was not a “Blanket Statement”.. oh goodie off to Costco.. Could be worse, could be Fleetwood Mac LMAO..

111. Silly Tim says:

Mike E, I could send you my blog article for how I became a Dolphins fan if you’d like to post it. I have the images too.

Speaking of Fleetwood Mac, the song “Whenever I Call You Friend” by Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks is playing on my iPod. Call me a wuss, but I really like that song, and I think Stevie Nicks sounds great in that song.

• Silly Tim says:

She sounds great in a lot of songs, but I get why her voice isn’t for everyone. The thing I like about her too is when I hear her voice I know it’s her immediately. I like uniqueness.

I agree 100%. I have the “Tango in the Night” album, and there a couple of songs where her voice just annoys me, and I can’t listen to the song. There’s a song called “Sara”. Can’t hack it. lol

Got the article Tim – Thanks! Can’t see the pics at work, I’ll check it out when I get home.

114. dbolt48 says:

Black history month in 2015 is going to be on for the record books. Reilly on the Eagles calender & JRW stripped of the LLWS title. There’s got to be a march coming soon from Sharpton.

115. Silly Tim says:

Mike E, ‘Sara’ is that droning song like she started singing right after she woke up. LOL

I like ‘Edge of Seventeen’ and the song she does with Don Henley.

Yes, it’s unlistenable. At one point in the song, she just keeps saying “Baby” in this Elmer Fudd voice, I could scream! lol

116. Silly Tim says:

What do you guys think of us drafting CB Trae Waynes at #14? He looks like a good prospect but I’m not feeling a 1st on a corner. I don’t have an issue with one in the 2nd because that’s historically a good round for them and we do need depth.

I do like Waynes, but it really depends on who’s there with him. Depending upon whether we get a G in FA, or if we let either Starks or Ordick go, or both, or if Wallace is gone, we may have to go O-line, DT, or WR.

• dbolt48 says:

I’m not big on a corner in round 1. Depending on FA the 1st pick is probably WR, DT, or ILB.

• Silly Tim says:

I wouldn’t take an ILB 1st rd unless he’s a 3 down stud. You can’t take a 2-down run stuffer at #14 when he may need some time to get up to speed.

• dbolt48 says:

Depends on where we are at…are we at 14 or have we traded down. You get to late first round then Kendricks & Perriman are in play

Mike E:
    Awesome job. Between you and Piggy who needs Kiper and McShay

118. Silly Tim says:

At #14 I want a guy who is on the field a lot because he’s good. Regardless of position. You have to add good players in the 1st round or you fucked up.

I still think we should go OL very early, even 1st round if need be.

• Silly Tim says:

I want to see FA first. If we don’t address OL significantly there and I think we should, get a guy who knows what’s he doing to protect your franchise QB, then yes target a potential stud at #14.

Thanks Ken!

OK, closing up the office. Catch ya later!

122. Try Pod says:

Speaking of Stevie Nicks, Herr she is on south parkhttp://southpark.cc.com/clips/104197/looks-like-were-going-to-afghanistan

123. Try Pod says:

Thanks Manitoba and Mike for the kind words- of course, Manitoba also made fun of me for having to go to Fleetwood Mac, so screw you!

Listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan the other day on NFL Radio. Interesting idea they had is to sign Wisnewski at OC. Move Pouncey to LG. So your OL would be Albert, Pouncey, Wisnewski, Turner and James.

Alright. I have to be up early tomorrow. I am out. Peace to you all.

I don’t know if any of you guys that play First Picks Draft game get as frustrated as I do. It’s not even about scores, it’s almost like when you’re watching the draft, and you see the prospects that you want come off the board, I get so pissed off! I’m like DAMN!, I was just going to take him!

Your score is: 5176 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Zach Zenner, FB/RB, South Dakota State (B)

Me likey

It’s OK – It does fill a few needs, and I like getting Havenstein in the 4th, because if Albert isn’t ready, I think Havenstein could settle in nicely at RT while James plays LT. Not thrilled about the DT Davison, but all the good ones were gone early.

Last draft, just for Tim, (NO VARGA!) Time for sleepy! I think it’s the highest score I’ve received.

Your score is: 5430 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Durrell Eskridge, FS/SS, Syracuse (B)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Craig Mager, CB, Texas State (A)

One you posted before was the betters f the two. Thought that one we excellent and Davison was a good late round DT. Gaines was a nice 5th round pick too.