Wedge Scouting Report: Shawn Oakman

ShawnOakman1Wedge ID

I was toying around with this Earthling Video Game – John Madden Football.  So I decided to create my own player.  I set all the height, weight and muscle definition to the max settings and I created this freakish athlete I named after a tree.  I call it the Shawn Oakman.  This player I created is freakishly enormous, he would cause havoc if he were real…oh my saturn…it can’t…no…no…oh no!!!  It’s real!  The Oakman is real!!!  Everyone run for your life!!!

Sam B. Richardson, Shawn Oakman

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made a monster.  Everybody run.  Oakman is a 6’9, 270 lb, Defensive End from Baylor.  Most people don’t think  of defense when they think of Baylor.  Well keep thinking that way.  Oakman just squashed your puny closed minded brain!

ShawnOakman2

I made my Oakman monster with a meanstreak.  He is mean, big, strong and relentless.  Scouts always note Oakman’s motor.  Just look at the size of Oakman.  No don’t.  Don’t look the Oakman moster in the eye!  Just run for your life.

ShawnOakman3

Oakman can be an elite pass rusher in the NFL.  In a 2014 season full of blowouts with plenty of pass rushing opportunities for Oakman, he recorded 10 sacks.  He may look huge, but he flies to the ball carrier like a much lighter monster.  He has a quick burst off the ball that is certain to wreak havoc on the QBs of the NFL.

ns_22carltoncol24gm.jpg

He can play in space too.  Oakman may be a better fit at as OLB in a 3-4 defense.  Whomever drafts Oakman is going to get a heck of a OLB or DE one that will scare the gravity out of the opponents bladder.  I hope Ryan Tannehill never has to face the Oakman monster.  The Dolphins should draft Oakman in 2016 just to secure Tanny’s healthy future….

ShawnOakman6

The Oakman monster was caught by some crafty trappers at Baylor who convinced him to stay at Baylor for his senior year.  Oakman probably would have been a first round pick in 2015 but he stayed at Baylor.  Well every NFL QB just exhaled.  Put him in a cage now!  Feed him backup QBs every night to keep him happy.  If Oakman was a Alien Weapon of Destruction, he would be a Rancor!

OakmanRancor

Now you know who to run from in 2016.  Or maybe you can draft him and have him crush QBs for you!

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

331 Responses to Wedge Scouting Report: Shawn Oakman

Post

2. naplesfan2010 says:

Concerning Kenny Stills, a lot of his catches are “immediate tackle” catches, because he catches a lot of hotly contested balls.

Throwing the ball to Kenny Stills means you get the full 14.8 YPC plus any 2-3 YAC. Throwing the ball to Lamar Miller for 7 YAC might only be a 3 or 4-yd gain on the field.

75% of Kenny’s catches went for first downs. So yes, that is a great possession WR.

3. naplesfan2010 says:

YAC is an odd stat.
    You’d think it meant these “long bomb” type receivers getting tons of yards every catch, and a few are that. But many are not that at all. Which is better YPC or YAC?

Matt Forte and Fred Jackson for example only averaged about 7 YPC but finished 1st and 5th in YAC.
    There were 7 RBs and 3 TEs out of the top 20 YAC guys (half of them), because basically ALL of their yards are after the catch since they are often thrown the ball at or even behind the LOS. Matt Forte and Fred Jackson for example only averaged about 7 YPC (bottom 20 in the whole NFL) but finished 1st and 5th in YAC out of everybody who caught 30 or more passes.

Of the 22 lowest YPC, all were RBs and TEs except for Tavon Austin who is listed as a WR but caught most of his passes as a RB.

Darren McFadden was last (#142) in the NFL in YPC. DeMarco Murray, Jamaal Charles, and Lamar Miller were 135, 136, 137. That does not mean these are bad players or even bad options in the passing game. It’s their role.

ANOTHER nice report,Piggy!! WELL TAMPA BAY fans are all excited about tonight’s 6th game of the Eastern Conference Finals, set for Amalie Arena at 8:00 PM. –ONE MORE WIN by the Lightning will eliminate the New York Rangers and move the Lightning into the STANLEY CUP FINALS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2004 when they won the cup in 7 games!! —Meanwhile, Lightning owner Jeff Vinik is putting some of his profits into a total redevelopment of the adjacent downtown area, including a swanky area known as “Channelside.” Things are going very well in Tampa Bay!! –Talk to you fine folks after work.
    ————–
    TOMORROW,the Old Dolfan takes you to Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh where the Steelers will host the 15-0 Miami Dolphins in the 1972 AFC Championship Game. And WHAT A GAME IT WAS!!–Don Shula, still stinging from his losses in Super Bowl III and Super Bowl VI, was determined to prove his critics wrong BY COMPLETING THE NFL’S ONE AND ONLY PERFECT SEASON!! Don’t miss game #16 of “ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!”

5. naplesfan2010 says:

Stills plays like a junkyard dog IMO. He snatches the ball away from DBs and swats their jams and holds away, and yeah he ducks under some hits In heavy traffic or in an exposed posture, but that is AFTER catching the damn ball, not instead of catching it. Did he not have some gaudy catch to target ratio? I thought I remember it was 79%!!!!!!!!! WHAT??

And that stepping out of bounds thing is the Drew Brees way. “Get what you can and stop the clock and give me another shot downfield.” Much better use of the clock than standing there with a guy wrapped around your legs for 8 seconds while two more guys come up to make hamburger out of your knees and waste precious time that Drew Brees can turn into TDs!!

That might not show YAC, but it shows he WINS contested balls. He is certainly fast enough to run with guys, so if he had not been working with that really short QB, he might’ve had more YAC.

Wait !! Ryan is 6 frickin 4!

6. naplesfan2010 says:

ooops forgot the links

Kenny Stills 2013 – “Nerves of Still”

Good video Naples
    I think the Saints offense uses the deep middle a little more than we do
    I expect stills to be a big YAC guy for us

I think YAC and YPR are both important. If you’re able to catch the ball down the field and average 17 yards per catch, that’s just just as good as catching 5 yard passes and getting 12 yards after the catch. TD’s are also important, and we need more of those, and with the guys we have now, we shouldn’t have trouble.

Yeah but if you catch the ball 9-12 yards down field and fall down every freaking time then you get banished to Cleveland.

That’s true too. I think Hartline was the anti-YAC. He was good at making the catch and going down, or getting his feet down in bounds near the sidelines, and then going out of bounds. He rarely caught a pass and turned upfield to get a lot of yards after the catch.

Nice job PIggy. I will definitely be keeping an eye on Oakman this year.

Welcome back Mike E. How was St. Lucia?

Naples, If you are still around, I’ll put the offensive part together for Thursday and let everyone start ripping into you, lol. I’ll embellish it a little with some pics.

Ken

You were on the money wth the Atlantic ocean and the seaweed. They had an “unusually heavy” amount of seaweed this week. They were grooming the beaches what seemed like every half hour to collect the seaweed. My sister and her family were going on the tour you talked baout today, we just didn’t have any time. Nice place though for sure. Fun group of people too, which always make it better.

Emmanuel Dieke is on our roster and is competing at DE. He’s from Ga Tech and has a nickname. Does anyone know the nickname?

Glad — you had a good time Mike E. You were missed…….especially by me after each game in the Mets/Bucs series. 🙂

Pig — Oakman sounds like the real deal. Unfortunatley, I wouldn’t rule out taking a DE high next year with Wake’s age (curse on you Dion Jordan).

Stanger

Looks like there’s a good shot I might be going to the MIA vs NYG Monday Night Game. Gotta see if I can pull off both games, or just go to the MNF game.

17. naplesfan2010 says:

son of a son of a shula says:
    May 26, 2015 at 9:32 am

t/y for adding pix and yeah I have already changed my mind on one guy, so let’em shred my depth ratings.

18. naplesfan2010 says:

Pig
    Great wedge Report.
    I agree with you and Stanger that next yr DE might be a rnd 1 or 2 pick for us. I just hope a good one is left to fall to us when our pick at 29 comes.

At 6’4 and 170 lbs his Freshman football coach first tried to get Dieke to play basketball but Dieke insisted he wanted to play football where upon the coach began calling him “Too Tall” now at 6’7 Too Tall is competing for a spot on the Miami Dolphins D-Line.

Bookman

I hear ya man, but honestly, I would not be disappointed if we pick at #29. That would be a good season for us, and then next year, we go all the way.

• bookman11 says:

I would too, but I can dream can’t he?? This has been a long…..long…dream

Absolutely, and don’t let me interfere with that. I feel you have to start to somewhere. Getting into the playoffs and making some noise is a good start. Next year, more experienced, you go the distance.

Mike E:
    If you ever go back take one of those tours. They were the price of the whole trip. We had a blast and I really did like that place seaweed and all.

Stanger

That sounds great for the Pirates, and bloody awful for the Mets. They might not just need me to be their optician, I might just be able to crack the lineup. lol

LOL — give them a call……they might be looking for you on the mound too. Harvey was not Harvey…..he lasted four innings. Sorry dude. Now I’m just rubbing the salt in.

As much as we rank on players at times, guess we shouldn’t get upset when one dishes back.

“I can honestly say it’s a place that knows how to win. I’m glad I’m getting back to a place with a great fan base and sold-out games.”

— Ellerbe on playing for the Saints

He can dish back but he clearly doesn’t know the Saints history. Tell him to go ask Archie Manning about their history, ask him which fans originated the paper bag over the head, no name fan.

• bookman11 says:

Exactly. Noisy place to play and sold out games NOW, but that place was a mausoleum when the team sucked in the early days

24. naplesfan2010 says:

Just speaking generally, we can beat Denver, Pitt, Cincy, and SD if we encounter them in the first two rounds of the playoffs. We have at least a 50/50 against Bills, Ravens, Chiefs, and Colts if it’s one of them we play. I think the Texans & Jets QB problems will keep them out of the playoffs.
    That means if we make the playoffs, I think we have a better than even chance to get to the AFC Championship game. If that’s against the cheaters, well we have split with them the last two years and they appear to be weaker against the pass this year, soooo …

I got paywall on that. Guess I’m back on the SS blacklist, but yeah….saw he did tweet an apology. Still what was on his mind though.

It wasn;t really on his mind
        it wasn’t an apology
        He said he was just trying to express how excited he was about playing for the saints

He wasn’t trying to say the Dolphins were not those things, albeit I think you can read that into his comments

How can you not Pig? The article I read also included him talking about what it was to play for the Ravens as context.

Hey Ellerbee out of almost 50 years of existence the Aint’s have been relevant for about 8.

LOL @ Ellerbe ripping the dolphins on not knowing how to win. Maybe we figured out how to win is with a LB that actually can make tackles and cover a back out of the backfield.

Booker I thought that was a map of new orleans or something…I don;t know
    its kinda gross

Gonna defend Ellerbe a bit. Dude came from Baltimore. Some of the biggest homer fans ever. Then he comes to Sunlife. At home games I can’t miss the Pats, Jets or Cowboys fans cheers when their team scores. I’m sure he caught that too.

• naplesfan2010 says:

and Ravens fans outnumbered us at their games where I was sitting.

There were a bunch of them for sure. Not the majority but enough to give a loud cheer when the Ravens won.

He really did not say anything negative about Sunlife or its fans
      you have to infer that from his statement about the saints fans
      I’m not sure he meant it like that at all

He might have meant it far more as a positive to the Saints. He always seemed like a good guy, but “I’m glad I’m getting back to a place….” We know where he came from, where he was and which place he’s talking about now..

I don;t think ellerbee was trying to rip the Dolphins
    I think he was trying to say how excited he was to play for the Saints

If he was its kind of silly and the guy doesn’t understand NFL history
    The saints under Sean Payton are not the same team they have been in their history
    and their fans invented the brown bag and nickname as the “aint’s”
    I’m no badmouthing those fans – but when you lose they let you know it

For a player to suggest that an organization “knows how to win” is an oxymoron
    as a player he is more responsible for the performance on the field than anyone else is

The reality is we overpaid ellerbee and he wasn’t that good
    I don;t know what he is going forward int he NFL – but he was not very good for us, even when he was healthy

32. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,

Seaweed on the Atlantic is definitely seasonal (at least in Miami it is), however, not sure how it works out in other places along the Carribean.

There was a ton of it off the beaches where my resort was located in Playa Del Carmen.

Some people told me that there is seaweed collecting machines in some places to help deal with it at these resorts but still, there was much of it.

There are some other spots along the riviera Maya where it doesn’t accumulate as much but it seems to be an issue there.

Stanger
    If he didn’t directly say it
    I don;t want to read into it
    especially if he spent the weekend, trying to explain to people that its not what he meant

I’m not blaming him cause I think he is right (not on the know how to win part, but the fan base). Believe he just spoke his true mind on it. It’s the penalty you pay for living in a place fans of other teams want to come to. At the same time, it’s one of the reasons that FA thinks playing in South Florida is a cool idea too.

34. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,
    Issue with Ellerbe was scheme fit. He had little to no experience as a 4-3 MLB at the pro level. In fact, his size and speed combo made him a solid 3-4 ILB but he didn’t necessarily prove he could be a 4-3 MLB which requires a bit more muscle in dealing with opposing OL & FB. In a 3-4 as we all know, the DL in theory control the OL and create gaps for the ILB to fly through. In 4-3, DL shoot gaps and try to bust up gap assignments which leaves ILB exposed to big OL/FB guys at LOS & 2nd level.
    A secondary issue with Ellerbe was his pay in consideration to the injury risk. He had only 2 full seasons where he didn’t miss time due to injury (size issue it seemed). Yea it was bad when he got hurt but the risk was there with his playing history and it blew up in the Fins faces.

Who cares if Ellerbee was ripping the Fins or not. He is gone and thus dead to me. LOL.

Al

It’s definitely common, the seaweed (sargassum) comes from the Sargasso Sea in the Atlantic Ocean. They’re just getting an usually high amount in St. Lucia at the moment. They did have tractors with seaweed removal equipment running very often. Very few people were in the ocean because it was just so full of seaweed, it looked really ugly.

LOL @ Dead to me

38. Al in MIA says:

Ken,
    Ellerbe is swimming with the fishes eh? lol.

Naples, YAC can be deceiving. Bess used to have a good YAC average because he caught 1-3 yard passes and turned them into 6 or 7. I’d rather have a guy who can actually get open 10+ even if he only gets 2-3 YAC.

Yeah Ellerbe can’t handle the wear and tear of playing MLB. As it stands, neither can Misi at the moment even though it was only one year. But he does have the size at 6-3 250. The problem with Misi is he plays so physical he bangs himself up no matter where he plays. I hope he has his best season ever this year. 🙂

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · now
    Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh, who typically trains on his own this offseason, is attending this week’s OTA session.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer · 48s48 seconds ago
    Pic of the Day: Meet the 2015 Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders!

GALLERY: http://bit.ly/1HpY3oq

mar Kelly @OmarKelly · 1m 1 minute ago
    Dolphins cornerback Will Davis, who is also rehabbing a surgically repaired knee, is practicing today. Not sure if he’s limited.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · now 4 seconds ago
    Take that back. Rishard Matthews is indeed attending today’s practice.

Another blown out of proportion story?

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP · 31s31 seconds ago
    Correction from earlier tweet: #Dolphins WR Rishard Matthews has been spotted and is here!

OTAs today eh! Cool!

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens · 49s49 seconds ago
    #Dolphins offensive line at today’s OTA:
    LT Fox, LG Dallas Thomas, C Pouncey, RG Billy Turner, RT James

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 3m3 minutes ago
    Starting linebackers for first day of OTAs: McCain and Jenkins on the outside, Misi in the middle.

On a Happy note! 🙂

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 50s50 seconds ago
    Pretty remarkable to see Delmas, Davis out there running around some six months after ACLs.

Omar has an article “Ten areas of improvement for Ryan Tannehill”. I can’t read it because it’s a pay wall article but I’m sure it’s amazing. Don’t get your panties in a bunch, FFR. LOL

TIm,
    I mean scary good LOL. Come on dude you want to go into season with turner, thomas and fox?

I mean that’s fine but we’ll be looking for a new coach come next Jan.

Ken, you’ve seen Thomas play one year at LG and RG in spots, and RT (for about 7-8 games) in a make shift OL that changed week to week last year. Fox actually looked good at times at RT. We didn’t re-sign him because we think he sucks.

A big part of our issue last year that nobody talks about was Satele at center struggled against better opponents. That’s why he’s no longer here and Pouncey is back at center healthy again.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 8m8 minutes ago
    DeVante Parker, bodies up Brent Grimes and catches a slant in traffic.

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 4m4 minutes ago
    LG Jamil Douglas getting look with 1st team.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens · 4m4 minutes ago
    1st-teamers back in. Jamil Douglas at LG. Walt Aikens at S with Jones. Tripp & Misi the LBs with Brice McCain the nickel CB #Dolphins

As for the OL, it’s also May 26th in OTAs. The coaches likely want to see if Fox can handle LT to keep James at RT while Albert is out. If you see James replace him at LT it’s because he couldn’t handle it and they’ll switch while Albert is out. There’s only so much you can do at tackle. It’s not easy to load up on quality tackles when you lose your “elite” LT in Albert and have a 2nd year guy in James as your next best option even though he’s pretty good.

Believe in John Benton, he’s produced good O-lines everywhere he’s been. Last year was not only a new blocking scheme under him but a new offense under Lazor. Our 2015 OL will not be the same as last year in lineup or performance. We will be better. 🙂

The more things change?

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 5m5 minutes ago
    Earl Mitchell just destroyed Dallas Thomas.

And Try said there will be nothing to talk about for months. LOL

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 1m1 minute ago
    WR DeVante Parker still catching everything thrown his way. Kid looks good in shorts & T-shirt. Even amongst vets.

Tim we all know the defense has the advantage over the Offense “OL” at the beginning of the year!

Let the haters hate!

LOL, I know especially since DL is the strength of our team. If our OL was schooling our DL I’d be really worried. 😉

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 7m7 minutes ago
    Not nearly as many balls hitting ground during passing drills today as there were last yr during training camp.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens · 11s12 seconds ago
    Tannehill throws behind Parker but he still hauls it in with Brice McCain right on him #Dolphins

Parker seems to be a natural catching the ball. 🙂

James McKinney ‏@Texascowpunk · 12s12 seconds ago
    Breaking down the Miami Dolphins’ 90-man roster over 90 days. Today, we look at offensive lineman Jamil Douglas. http://fb.me/2VsXsVodn

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens · 2m2 minutes ago
    Tannehill back & hits Jennings for a nice gain on a slant pattern #Dolphins

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens · 13s13 seconds ago
    Tannehill connects with Parker on a comeback route. Nice diving grab in front of Grimes #Dolphins

Tim Parker sounds as good as advertised so far! 🙂

This is the best news of the day!

Matty I ‏@TheMattyI · 4h4 hours ago
    Looks like the 2 Q’s I had last week have been or will be answered: no arrests for any Dolphins AND Suh will be attending day 1 of OTAs.

Nah Nah!!!!!!!!

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 3m3 minutes ago
    LT James & LG Turner just did nice job blocking vs. Suh & Wake. I’ll give credit where due.

Barry Jackson‏@flasportsbuzz
    Another terrific catch from Parker, on Tannehill pass on traffic

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens · 1m1 minute ago
    Tannehill hits Jennings for a nice gain on the sideline in front of Bowman. Then fires incomplete deep to Hazel. Nice coverage by Taylor

Good to hear on Taylor!

Good ole competition going on in OTAs. 😉

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 28s29 seconds ago
    Jordan Tripp instead of Jelani Jenkins with the 1s in 11-on-11s. Taylor and Grimes the CBs.

LMAO

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP · 25s26 seconds ago
    Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas have both struggled at times. Turner just met Ndamukong Suh

So is the recovery from knee surgery becoming less before our very eyes because medical advancements?

Is it now 7-8 months instead of 12+?

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 37s38 seconds ago
    Grimes DPI’s Parker, who STILL makes the catch with inside position. Not a good day for Brent.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP · 4m4 minutes ago
    #Dolphins Branden Albert is on the field in uniform, obviously not practicing. But that’s the sign of a good leader

Here you go Tim!

Here’s another CB in the mix!

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP · 2m2 minutes ago
    Keep your eye on CB Sammy Seamster this summer. Highly regarded UDFA rookie went to IR early. Looks aggressive out there. #Dolphins

Thomas beating Suh by 5 yards! 😉

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 23s23 seconds ago
    Suh vs. Thomas weird battle. Two offsides on Suh, one false start on Thomas.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP · 27s27 seconds ago
    6-8 rookie TE Semisch extends his arms, makes a strong catch outside. He’s the #Dolphins new No. 82

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 19s20 seconds ago
    Good OTA so far. Offense has had bright spots. DL are grown men. Backup OL needs lotsa work. Starting OL decent.

May 26, 2015 at 12:09 pm (Edit)

__________________________________________
    Tim:
    I have seen Thomas at tackle and OG and he struggled with both. He is not physical enough. He gets pushed around too often and I don’t think that changes. That is more about attitude and I think Thomas has too much Jonathan Martin in him. He doesn’t have the mean streak necessary to be on the OL.
    I also don’t know what you are saying Fox looked really good at times last year. He looked like crap when I watched him play. I was very disappointed in what I saw with him. To me the left side of the line is a major liability as currently constituted. Obviously if Albert is healthy that significantly lessens the concern but Thomas remains a major liability imo.

Thomas beating Suh by 5 yards! 😉

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 23s23 seconds ago
      Suh vs. Thomas weird battle. Two offsides on Suh, one false start on Thomas.

Nice to hear! 🙂

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 43s44 seconds ago

Wyo, well I’m glad I took time off this holiday weekend. I’ve been off since Friday, back to work tomorrow. This was one of my mini-vacations that I take.

Long weekend, down the shore from Friday to Sunday – set up my father-in-law’s new computer, stirred up dirt in the garden bed, helped my brother-in-law put up a screen shade on the deck, hosted a MD BBQ back home yesterday. I really needed this day to chill and that’s exactly what I’m doing. LOL

MAN UP!

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP · 10s11 seconds ago
    All of today’s #Dolphins practice was outside. No bubble time. Making these guys sweat out their offseason sins

Ken, we’ll find out if you’re right about Thomas and you might be. But I’m not writing him off on May 26th based off of one season actually playing. Paul Soliai albeit a DT/NT was inactive his first 2 seasons before becoming a good player. You never know.

😦

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 25s26 seconds ago
    DT Anthony Johnson might have had sack vs. Matt Moore on that play. Sacks still piling up, especially for 2nd team OL.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 5m 5 minutes ago
    Matt Moore bullets a slant to LaRon Byrd, who has impressed me today.

This is a guy to keep our eyes on for the 5th WR spot – 6-4 220 with sub 4.5 speed. I think we trade Matthews to complete the WR turnover. Maybe only a conditional pick based on his performance on his new team, but that would not surprise me.

He should play MLB if possible.

Really like what I’m seeing from Kelvin Sheppard today. He’s active.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 35m 35 minutes ago
    Ndamukong Suh keeps destroying Ryan Tannehill’s pocket. Good sign, but bad sign.

wyoming85 says:
    May 26, 2015 at 12:45 pm
    Nah Nah!!!!!!!!

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 3m3 minutes ago
    —————————————–
    Ill give credit to Chris Perk not knowing his Right from Left.

Guys you have to also take into perspective that these “reporters” have agendas too. They are going to say DESTROYED when talking about Thomas’ failures, and downplay or not evenmention his good snaps because it gets more attention playing to the worries of fans. Wait and see, show some patience, its shirts and shorts nd its the first day back. You need to change your avatar from hulk to chicken little, Ken lol.

No doubt. Destroyed could be a good play by the DL. Oh the horror! LOL

If our DL doesn’t dominate in shirts and shorts we’re fucked. Remember OL hold pads when blocking. LOL

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 12m12 minutes ago

#Dolphins QB Josh Freeman misses another easy throw. Accuracy today is an issue for him.
    —————————————–
    I wasnt in love with this pick up. I think this guys is damaged goods and would rather have someone like Matt Barkley on our team if/when the Eagles cut him.

I’ll pass on Barkley. I think he’s borderline pro. He also reminds me of Turtle from North Shore. LOL

Barkley is better than Freeman given our offense IMO. There will be a bunch of 3rd QB candidates coming up shortly. I just think Freeman has mental issues thats going to prevent him from ever getting back even close to form. Wasting a roster spot. We probably dont keep but two anyways so might be nice to have a guy who can be stashed on the PS.

Ken says:
    May 26, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Lack of OL depth is my no. 1 concern going in to this season.

yeah, if only tanny was better then the OL wouldnt suck so bad.

Matty I ‏@TheMattyI · 8m8 minutes ago
    Already see one of the Twitter narratives this yr will be a slow building attack of Brent Grimes mostly due to his wife. That’ll be a shame.

No one should judge him because of his wife. I dislike her a lot but he isnt in control of her and not responsible for her either. He handles himself well so thats good enough for me. On a side note though i do wish there was a way to shut her the fuck up because she is an annoying ass chatter box with racist tendencies and 0 true understanding of football. She is like Omar with PMS.

May 26, 2015 at 1:24 pm
    Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 5m 5 minutes ago
    Matt Moore bullets a slant to LaRon Byrd, who has impressed me today.

—————————————————
    Probably would be a 7th rounder, he was a 7th rounder and has shown some signs of ability but no big production numbers. He has the + of NFL experience, but i cant see much more than a 7th for him. If he wasnt acting like a malcontent i would keep him but to me he is nothing but a negative factor if his attitude isnt good.

D, we’re only going to keep 2 QBs anyway. The 3rd/4th are just camp arms.

Hmmm i was thinking with the Freeman pickup they might go back to a 3 QB depth system. To me thats all the more reason that the 3rd QB in camp be a PS guy so we can have our third QB stashed on PS without eating up a roster spot. Freeman isnt eligible.

I’m not focused on the 3rd string QB on the PS to be honest with you. We just made Tannehill the man, and he’s been durable. I know anything can happen but we can be competitive with Moore. After that we can find another Freeman etc. in a likely lost season.

See no reason why we’ll have two QBs on the active……we didn’t last year. Whoever is on the PS gets to practice.

Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins 12m12 minutes ago

Gruden on rookie RB Matt Jones: “He has much more versatility than we thought.” Can run, catch and has size to take on blitzing LBs.
    ———————————————-
    Dont know if he was on our board but i mentioned him a lot months leading up to the draft. I really liked him at UF he’s a powerful runner, very versatile. He went a lot higher than i expected, i had him pegged for 5th-6th round and wouldn’t have liked to have gotten him with one of our 5th but Redskins apparently saw the pluses in him.

D says:
    May 26, 2015 at 1:45 pm

She is like Omar with PMS.

oooohhhhhhhh i am teeeellllllinnnnggggggg. you said something bad about omar. oh boy!!!!! are you in for it now. tim is going to be all over you now.

i sure hope you dont like your shrubs, they are gone gone gone

Hey Guys: Wanted to send a thanx to all on the OTD updates … working away and hit refresh every once in a while .. Parker is gonna be a beast…

Not for FFR’s eyes. LOL

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 8m 8 minutes ago
    “They are moving around well. We’ll have a nice progression to them,” Joe Philbin said of Will Davis and Louis Delmas back from ACL injury.

Amazing! They’re in the 6-7 month range.

Stanger, we carried 2 QBs all year last season. Remember they eliminated the emergency QB position with weird rules and just gave teams a 46 man roster on game day. Moore was always active.

I know Tim….quick typing as always with me you stickler.

“See no reason why we’ll have MORE THAN two QBs on the active……we didn’t last year.”

Davis being back is a surprise. In the article about a week or so ago where it was talking about how far ahead Delmas was Davis was quoted as being amazed at it and yet here he is as well. Fear for his job possibly? I hope for the sake of his well being he isn’t pushing it too much at this point.

I think medical advancements are behind it. We’ve seen players on other teams come back quicker than usual but probably don’t think about it much like we do with our team.

anyone thinking thomas can be a starter should go watch last years preseason game against the bucs.

Why would anyone do that? That was like his 2nd game in the NFL.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
      Dallas Thomas going second team LG now. Did he lose chance to start in first OTA practice? No, but that time is coming.

D, I think Bethel-Thompson is your PS guy. Freeman is just getting a shot at redemption, he has a very uphill battle but should he impress then a tough decision may have to be made or we find ourselves with a chip to deal.

Leo Zanger tells The Quincy Herald-Whig that “the good Lord has just kept sending them.” He says the family “could start our own town.” Ruth Zanger says “there’s always room for one more.”

Ruth says “well Leo is right there is the good lord sending them….well that and all the woman are a bunch of easy sluts”

tim,
    it looks like thomas already got demoted after one practice.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero

son of a son of a shula says:
    May 26, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Thems some breeders

you just know when OD sees this he is going to be calling his daughters and telling them “WTF, get buzzzzyyyyyy biaches”

There’s enough competition in place that whoever wins jobs will have really earned them and they should be fine. They’ll push Thomas hard up front and if he hangs in there then maybe he’ll be alright otherwise he goes in the trash where most of Ireland’s guys end up.

tim,
    I’m not bashing him. I just don’t think he’s NFL starter material and you make it sound like this is his first camp. The guy hasn’t shown he can play for 2 years. Maybe this is the year but going into the season with that big IF is a mistake and I’ve been saying it all off season.

He barely participated his rookie season. He was the other guy coming off of shoulder surgery along with Jordan. You haters always leave that out. LOL

I am glad they are giving Douglas reps with the first team. I think he is our best bet at LG but the question is is he ready yet?

They say he’s a really bright guy, and he has the fit for what we do. He’s my projection at LG as well and he’ll be in between a pair of All-Pros so that won’t hurt. (Albert being back of course)

So it seems the oline had the most issues. No one could see that one coming. LOL

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL · 1h 1 hour ago
    I don’t like to focus too much on trench play without pads. But the #Dolphins’ offensive lines are not providing a lot of clean pockets.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 11m 11 minutes ago
    However, the Dolphins D-line dominance was the story of the day. And it wasn’t just the starters. 3rd teamers feasted too.

Dallas Thomas is a decent back up because he can play both OT and OG. Not particularly well but he is a body that can play multiple spots. If you need him to spell a player in the game or for a spot start or 2 he is a nice piece to have on the bench but if he is going to be a starter I think he is ill suited for that role.

We need to hit on a guy like Jamil Douglas at LG where he just comes in and takes over and never gives it up until he’s a UFA. We need a Harry Galbreath type. We got him in the 8th round in 1988 and he made the all-rookie team. Started for 5 seasons with us before he hit FA.

D fense usually get off to quicker starts than Offense at OTA’s and TC do they not ?? generally speaking not just the Phins ?

Yeah all across the land. Sing along with me… this is your land, this is my… you get the idea. 🙂

Back in the mid 80s our offense dominated our defense in camp. Gee what a surprise. LOL

Well
    that OTA concludes the season
    The OL sucks verifying everyone’s worst fears

Thanks for playing the 2015 season in one day more than three months before the games are even played

I dont know that Thomas is or is not a potential starter. Last year in OTA’s he got beat by Gerald McCoy and there arent many people who wouldnt get beat by that guy. He also has spent entire OTA’s practicing at LG and got moved to RG right before the pre-season games. Again, im not convinced he IS the best LG candidate on our team, but i am saying its hard to count the guy out when he has never been able to be left at his natural position in entire time here. They have jostled him around so much its not surprising his development has been stunted.

I am optimistic about Jamil Douglas, and Turner, i hope they all are ready to go. I really dont care which of the two comes in and fills the OG spost as long as we field the best players available. My argument is and continues to be how you count out Thomas and yet are seemingly assured of Douglas or Turner, when you have 0 clue about them.

Turner struggled last year, he also despite the “need” at several positions on the OL last year, never really cracked the lineup, how does that boost your confidence more. Jamil Douglas is a rookie. How does a rookie with 0 playing experience boost your confidence more. My argument isnt that Thomas is better is that at this point you guys have no argument anyone else is either. You just need to let things play out before casting doubt on any of these guys and preferably they all are good enough so we wind up with a surplus of talent instead of a deficit.

Maybe I’m just a pawn of the press, but seems they are strong on Turner. And they did draft Douglas and a couple FA Gs with starting experience. Plus unlike the other guys……I’ve seen Thomas play.

118. Al in MIA says:

I get a laugh out of any analysis involving DL/OL work during OTA considering no contact is allowed.

I don’t care who starts on the OL, just be quality. 🙂

120. Al in MIA says:

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly now27 seconds ago

This Dolphins group is filled with grown men.

AJ Francis really bitch slapped the hell out of that air particle!

121. Al in MIA says:

I’m sticking to my initial starting unit which mirrors Jahn’s:
    LT-Albert LG-Douglas C-Pouncey RG-Turner RT-James

D:
    Turner was injured with a bad turf toe most of last year. That is why he didn’t play. It wasn’t that he was struggling. When he finally got in there during the last game he looked good.

123. Al in MIA says:

OTA drills for OL-DL mirror those drills in basketball where the defender has to try and play defense with his hands behind his back

124. Al in MIA says:

Ken,
    When do you leave for MX?

125. Al in MIA says:

I know a few of you dislike Mando’s tabloid style of writing but he cracks me up from time to time with his use of words, trolling attempts, and sarcasm.

From his report this afternoon on the OTA stuff:

“One thing of note: Quarterback Ryan Tannehill tried one deep pass. Incomplete”

“This is a non-contact practice. But Dallas Thomas struggled on one pass blocking play, giving up a hurry, and then collapsed to the ground on a run play only a couple of repetitions later.”

“Ndamukong Suh had some sort of issue with jumping offside. He did it twice. He had a history of doing it in Detroit. This bears monitoring.

126. Al in MIA says:

Ken,
    How long are you going for? 1 week?

stanger,

might as well take me completely off the list for showing up to the fest. i just heard the OL is horrible and there is no hope for 2015. fuck if i waste my time.

sorry piggy but we’ve been down this road before with the o-line. We’ve had a shitty o-line for a few years now and we’ve known it to be shitty in the OTAs going into the season when every year. So pardon for seeing the same shit this year.

I’m don’t pretend that we can do the same thing every year and expect a different result.

129. phindog says:

The Sky Is Falling after just the 1st OTA….. LOL !!!

doggie…

Al:
    We are going down for 8 days. A saturday to saturday

“We always want to be somebody’s nightmare”
    Suh on playing next to Wake but answering that whoever he lines up next to.

Come on South Florida media don’t sound bush league, you’re talking to a super star – STEP YOUR GAME UP.
    Quit asking about his workouts, he’s here and he said he never misses practice, non story.

Im not trying to say your a media puppet Stanger, but i warn against taking any generalizations by people who’s clicks depend solely on how much they stir up the fan base. You will be able to soon enough observe the progression or lack there of, of the OL. By time we get to pre-season games we will know who the coaches see as our starting caliber players, and their decision will weigh heavier with me than does any of these so caller reporters. Coaches motivation is only to field the best team, media peeps is to get clicks. For ll those with little turst for the coaching staff, you can wait until the pre-season games and judge with your own eyes. This is just all misplaced anxiety for something you dont even know is broken, and judging this season off last years failures is just silly. Please lets let shit fail before you guys call it a failure.

Not speaking for Stanger but my opinion of Thomas is based on watching his play both at OG and OT. Not impressed to say it mildly. I think that is where Stanger is coming from as well.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

that’s fair. I’ll do that. You’re right that the media wants to mix shit up. They know the fans have anxiety over the o-line and they’re gonna keep harping how the o-line is getting killed by the d-line right now to get us angry

D says:

May 26, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Hw’ going to make the OL better too simply practicing against him.
    ^^

Agreed..

LMAO. One of the greatest sports interviews/press conferences of all time.

It was it was great. Im not a big fane of Iverson but he called the media out for being stupid and trying to stir shit.

I just watched a documentary on HBO on his life and fall from grace, and that interview was obviously center piece for the show. The media took it and tried to make it out like he was saying practices didnt mean shit but it was completely out of context. If you watched the whole interview he was just trying to say, here we are after a really disappointing loss, just put out of the playoffs, i just lost a close friend, im at the center of trade rumors and you want to talk about my practice habits…. lol such and awesome interview.

I did find something very ironic and funny about the HBO documentary, at the very end of the documentary while credits were rolling there was a little clip of a young Iverson giving a motivational message to kids wanting to be like him and he said, well the one thing you have to do is practice practice practice lol…..for the guy who would eventually be somewhat defined by his skipping of practices lol.

Ja’Wuan James ‏@JawuanJames70 · 2h2 hours ago
    New Beginnings| OLP @ Weight Room https://instagram.com/p/3J52UAO53a/

137. Al in MIA says:

D,
    I’ll have to check out that Iverson documentary.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 43s44 seconds ago
    If Landry and Parker get the most usage this year, the Dolphins might have the lowest drop rate in the league. They catch everything..

Stills also has an incredible +/- 75% catch to target ratio as well. YEAH BUDDY!

Iverson was always a media target
    it was always bullshit to me
    I loved his game

Which jeep wrangler do you guys prefer in terms of color
    red or black?

Well Pigs are pink…so

Don’t do black Pig. It looks cool as anything but you have to wash it like three times more often. First new car I bought was black……never again. Three silver cars in now. Not cause I like the color but cause it doesn’t show the road dust.

Piggy
    When Barkley left I couldn’t stand to watch that team play anymore!

You guys know that if, with all.these HIGH PERCENTAGE CATCHERS the Dolphins have added, Tannehills rating goes up substantially all the talk will be about his improvement and how he has arrived. But good for him he has been beaten up by everybody for things outside his controlwide thus far. ( Plus he has a super hot wife and just got a 96 million dollar payday so I would take that grief.)

Many of the great QBs in NFL History have had down yrs when their OL sucked, Montana is no exception. One of the reason I wanted RT in the first place was, because he could move.

I actually negotiated a deal for a red jeep wrangler
    paid a down payment
    and it was supposed to be available today

but now I’m told the red one has a lift kit (they had it delivered from the other dealers today)

and they are trying to give me a black one instead and give me a minor break (very minor) on the price

I actually don;t hate the black one
    the contract we signed was for a red one
    so I am sort of in the driver’s seat if I wanted to get a better deal

But if I do that I’m taking a black
    I could instead just say fuck you – no deal – give me back my down payment
    and then I am shopping again

I just don;t know if I want to do that

Play hard ball and kick their ass 😛

Yeah
        and get what out of it?
        a black jeep at a lower price – I already have that available to me

Should I say red or no deal?

Its it really worth it?

If I say red or no deal I may not have a car for a few more weeks

I know how to play hardball, I do it for a living
        but I’m not happy about having to do it now
        I thought this was all set in stone

So I’m a bit pissed about it
        but that is how buying a car is – you can;t avoid the haggling

Looks like a lot of OL prospects from UDFA stayed with us when we did the UDFA purge as well as all the LB’s we were liking. Im sa to not see that Authur Ray Jr. kid on the roster though. Kinda hoped he would at least make the UDFA cut and go into training camp with us.

Piggs, i really like the red one.

Piggy will need a ladder with a lift kit, but easier to smash taxi with!

BTW
    there is no way I’m getting one with a lift kit
    that is just completely unncessary in NYC

Piggy

Why a Jeep Wrangler? They’re made very poorly

I love em’

almost everyone I know who has them loves them too

What makes you think they are made poorly

Consumer Reports has them rated at the bottom.

They don’t last, but that won’t matter to you since you’ll be trading up in 4yrs anyways. A VW Bug is fun to drive too, but it’s a piece of shit.

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins · 43s43 seconds ago
    “It was a great start.”

WATCH: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/328k1

steveccnv says:
    May 26, 2015 at 6:03 pm (Edit)

***********
    3 years actually

—————————————
    LOL, next question please. I like the fact he isnt entertaining these fucking punks. I cant wait for Omar to say something stupid to him.

Yes sir Mr. Suh, seemed to be the aura. These reporters were in aw.

Suh is the answer to the question, If Mike Tyson had half a brain he’d be…

Mike E
    Its kind of a no thrills car
    Think about my use of it
    I would not be using it to commute to work or do everyday things
    I’m using it to get out of the city

I’ve read negative reviews about noise/comfort and the fact that it won;t go fast on the highway
    but its just a weekend getaway car for me

It’s not even that they don’t last, the only thing they’re good for is snow.

No there not!
      Wheel base is to short!

Yes they are, especially if you get the legit 4WD, selectrac, or whatever they call it these days. Wheelbase doesn’t adversely affect it in snow, unless you’re talking about rolling over.

piggy,

if you were serious about a car, i mean just to be safe you should look into

FN Rob with the oink mobile 😛

Rob

That one appears to have a pretty short wheelbase as well. Wyo will not approve!

oh for Christ’s sake!

One thing of note: Quarterback Ryan Tannehill tried one deep pass. Incomplete (From Mondo)

Are we going to keep track all fucking offseason!!??

May 26, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Rob

he is fucking wyoming, here is what he thinks is a big wheelbase.

Lots and lots of THUNDER & LIGHTNING HERE TONIGHT!!! – – – And, no, FFR did NOT eat a dozen black bean burritos loaded with hot sauce for dinner!!!
    ————
    This noisy storm should clear in time for DIRECTV’s picture to return to show us Game 6 of the Rangers at the LIGHTNING!! – – The NBC Sports Network (Ch 220 on DIRECTV) is showing the game, which is slated to start about 8:10 PM. –Will it be the Rangers swan song?? –Or, will Big Blue force a 7th and deciding game in Madison Square Garden?? –The TV numbers for NHL Playoff Hockey will be thru the roof here tonight!!

Piggy, Go red or go home.

olddolphan says:
    May 26, 2015 at 7:45 pm

nope, you do not disgrace black beans by putting them in a burrito. if they are not made cuban style why the fuck bother.

POINT WELL TAKEN,FFR!! – – Last time I loaded up on black beans my wife was out of town visiting relatives. Had a home made concoction of black beans and rice in one bowl and some ground sirloin mixed with peppers, onions and tobasco sauce in the other bowl. 2 16-oz. Colorado Kool-aids later the dogs were running for cover!!!

162. jetsssuck says:

Piggy———Piggy, Go red or go home.Stranger is right about black. I can’t even pay my grandkids to wash my black car every week for 5 bucks.

OD

i was going to head right up there by you to catch some lutz little league playoff games but i doubt they are going to get them in tonight. might still try it when this passes if it does

piggy going black

OD

try that little cuban place at the end of lutz lake fern road. black beans are just so so. only my mom and one other person i know can make real cuban black beans good. but the pork is worth the visit. hell even piggy would eat it

I know exactly where it is!! But I may wait until Mrs. OD is out of the house for a few hours before trying it.

It’s very early, but Miami’s first-team linebackers to start practice were Koa Misi in the middle and Jelani Jenkins and Chris McCain on the outside. Second-year linebacker Jordan Tripp also rotated with the starters at different times in practice. This is an area of concern for Miami and young players such as McCain and/or Tripp must step up into big roles. The Dolphins cut former starter Philip Wheeler and traded another former starter in Dannell Ellerbe this offseason.

Oh, dear football gods on high please ………………………………

#Dolphins offensive line at today’s OTA:
    LT Fox, LG Dallas Thomas, C Pouncey, RG Billy Turner, RT James

Damn I wish Tannehill was left handed…….

steveccnv says:
    May 26, 2015 at 8:15 pm

So Rob is now into little leaguers, do they have cheerleaders?

nope, but there maybe be some hot ass single moms.

The longer the Wheel base the less chance of swapping ends when your going down the street!

believe me I’m used to going with a short base! 😦

WTF is up with our WR jersey numbers.
    Stills 10
    Parker 11
    Landry 14
    Jennings 15
    Matthews 18

The king has spoken, he said welcome to Clev. Hawks, now go home, we’re done here.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz · 5m5 minutes ago
    Four young Dolphins thrust into potential starting roles (Thomas, Turner, Taylor, McCain), plus Fins OTA chatter: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/05/four-unproven-dolphins-thrust-into-first-team-roles-as-otas-begin-beckhamum-update-heat-summons-draf.html#storylink=addthis

Here’s one positive about Thomas playing guard: Though he yielded seven sacks in 333 snaps at tackle last season, he didn’t give up any in 362 snaps at guard, according to Pro Football Focus.

I don’t remember him at Guard playing bad!

OT? ya that was bad!!!!!!!!!

But as young as he is I don’t really hold that against him.

Improve young man!

We all said he sucked at OT at Tenn. but was very good at guard, yet they play him at OT. WTF

Oh and by the way Piggy!
    Oakman is a freak of nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would love him in a Fins UNI!!!!!!!!!!!!

15-0 but have to play the AFC Championship game on the road, OD will explain in Absolute Perfection tomorrow.