Our Pal Naples – Dolphin Depth Chart – Offense

Running Back Quarterback
*Miller *Tannehill
*Williams Moore
*Ajayi Freeman
Gillislee Bethel-Thompson
James

* indicates lock to make team

Roster Cut Downs

Keep      total on 90

WR               6                   11

TE                 3                   6

QB                2                   4

OL                9                   16

RB                 4                   5

Total            24                 42

So, is he right?

Where is he wrong?

Who is listed out of position?

Should he have tried to pick all 24 and not back out at 16?

This entry was posted in Misc. Bookmark the permalink.

293 Responses to Our Pal Naples – Dolphin Depth Chart – Offense

Nice work Naples

I’d say Hazel and Mathews both make the team!

Hazel should be Practice Squad eligible still?

2. naplesfan2010 says:

t/y Wyo … It might turn out that way, but I think Byrd might be kept instead of Mathews just for the fact that he is something we don’t already have on the team. Mathews is sitting behind 3 guys just like him so why would we need a fourth? es. since he seemed to complain about that? Maybe a different team that needs a guy like that would actually be a good thing for Mathews.

3. naplesfan2010 says:

I messed up when I sent this to the admin, since I have not done it before, but I ask the Blog the following question?
    — Will we keep 4 TEs or 5 RBs? I strongly doubt we keep 3 QBs. With as young as the WRs are, maybe we only keep 5 and stash Hazel and Byrd on the PS. With as unsettled as the OL is, and with Albert so uncertain, maybe we keep 9 OL, or do we risk it with 8 and 3 on the PS?

JUST A FEW THINGS. First, nice work, Naples. The first thing I see, the O-Line depth chart, gives me the Willies. –It’s a disaster waiting to happen. We will NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT, be a title contender with this line as constituted. Upgrades are an absolute requirement.
    SECOND; Gota give Miss Gigi credit for the photos and pictures associated with “ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.” The series would not have happened without her help!!!
    THIRD; Kills me I’ll have to miss FAU’s play in the baseball regionals at Gainesville, where they are a #2 seed. I’ll miss it because – – –
    FOURTH; Me and Mrs. OD will be heading to Jacksonville today to do a convention that runs thru Sunday. –We’ll watch game #7 of the Lightning/Rangers game Fridat night in our hotel room, which does get this game on NBCSports Network. Talk to y’all next week.

Nice job Naples! Thanks for the contribution!

Naples, I’d say we’re more likely to carry 4 TE’s than 5 RB’s. I see Miller, Ajayi, Wiliams and James, who may also double as a returner. As far as QB, we’ll almost certainly carry 2, we have for a few years now.

Naples, It looks good. I had to put the names into tables so I could get it to work. I could only go 5 wide so that’s why its oriented the way that it is.
    I think you forgot a receiver though and I have to check but his name begins with an A.

I think Walton is the back-up Center and not a Guard. Brenner might be S-O-L.

Man, if Jordan Cameron can stay healthy, I think we have tons of talent in our new receiving corps. Between Cameron, Stills, Jennings, Landry and Parker, and then add in Ajayi out of the backfield. I’m digging it!

Mike, I meant to say go over 30 with the caveat that we also become one of the better running teams or at least improve significantly.
    Then you know we’re a powerhouse!

Good stuff Naples. I think your 24 keeps is probably right. Being that we use mostly one back sets, I can’t see us keeping 5 RBs but 4 is a safe bet.

Sonny – We better run the ball more, become more balanced. It helps the O-line too, it’s too much to ask when you become one dimensional, and just throw-throw-throw.

Totally agreed. When you’re on your heels 40+ times opposing defenses can constantly attack especially since we weren’t a big play offense. I’d like to see us average 6-7 more rushes per game and be more more explosive per pass play. We need to back defenses off.

We have to be able to run the ball when we need to run the clock. Holding on to a lead late in the half or end of the game. Being able to get yards on first down running is the key. When you try to run clock and go for a loss on first down you just changed your whole scheme, you went off schedule as they say. Chunks on first down makes it much easier to run on second and should help to avoid a third and long situation.

Yep, the key is not being in 2nd or 3rd and long, and poor 1st down execution does just that.

I won’t be surprised if the Mighty Arthur Lynch has a hand in the running game, either at TE or H-back.

Oh come all without, come all within
        You’ll not see nothing like the mighty Lynch

LOL @ Son on Lynch

Mike E, I see Sims and Lynch both being used as blockers in certain situations. Lynch has to prove himself and make the team first. 😉

If he’s healthy, he should make the team due to his blocking alone.

Sims and Lynch should benefit from all the other receivers. From time to time they’ll sneak out and make a play because both guys can run pretty well.

“Nice job Naples! Thanks for the contribution!
    I’d also like to thank Piggy for his tireless work keeping this blog going with new material. Thanks!”

Ditto! nice job everyone that keeps this blog going. You guys/gals are the best and thank you!

15. naplesfan2010 says:

hey guys … thanks for all the kudos, but it’s not like I actually did anything … and thanks to whoever added the logo. Not sure where the bullying poster came from or why it’s on a depth chart.

16. naplesfan2010 says:

RE Aultman … I originally had him as a UDFA, but as it turns out, he did not make it out of the first weekend when all the tryouts and UDFAs practiced. Instead they signed the 6’8 TE Semisch who was in for a tryout and was not initially listed as an officially signed UDFA until afterwards.

17. naplesfan2010 says:

I agree that Brenner will be lucky to make it back on the PS. Walton will be probably a back-up OG-C which helps with quality depth as he’s started a lot of games in the NFL.

18. naplesfan2010 says:

The only reason i can see that they would keep 5 RBs is because that position gets nicked up a lot, and we have no other RBs than those 5 even in the 90 to stash on the PS because I think none of those 5 are PS-eligible except for Ajayi who would get poached in a minute. So if we only keep 4 and 2 get hurt we are hittin’ the waiver wire for somebody’s garbage to put in for quality minutes that doesn’t even know the playbook.

I really like that Sims has worked hard to get into shape, and has shed all that extra weight he had coming out of college. He can definitely be a sleeper at TE.

Yep, he went from like 280+ to 262 for the combine 3 years ago showing great commitment to his craft. MSU asked him to carry extra weight as a blocker and he still produced as a receiver. Now he’s improving at the NFL level. He could become one of the better prototype TEs in the league.

Naples, I think Miller, Ajayi and Williams are locks. After that I’m not sure but I want to see Gillislee compete this year since he really couldn’t last year.

Only thing i see with his numbers is the TE/WR numbers. I think it could be as he sees it with 3/6 but i could easily see 4/5 as well. Most the other numbers seem pretty solid. That said as for personnel, his lock’s are no-brainers i think. Maybe should have added Fox to the locks as well, i think he is almost certain to be on the team, and i think Moore is pretty much the same boat.

As for the remaining people here are the ones i think make it that arent “locks”. in () im listing the number of people already locked in afterwards my prediction of who else makes the 53.

OL (6): Fox, Walton, Linkenbach.
    WR(4): Hazel if 5, Hazel and Christion Jones if 6.
    TE(2): Lynch if 3, Lynch and Semisch if 4.
    RB(3): Gillislee
    QB(1): Moore

I think Freeman is a better fit for our offense, but he has to be able to play like he did in his best year with TB to beat out Moore.

23. phindog says:

Bath Salts

24. naplesfan2010 says:

D
    I think Fox is a lock as well …not sure why I left him off.

phindog woke up an put his silly pants on today. LOL

26. naplesfan2010 says:

I do not have a high opinion of Christion Jones. Plus he is another clone of what we have. Byrd and even Preston offer that 6’4 6’5 guy we do not have on our roster.

Byrd impressed the coaches last year before he got hurt and I read he looked good again in OTAs so far this year. At 6-4 220 and sub 4.5 speed I’d say he’s got a good shot at making the team as the #5 if he shows consistency, plays STs and carries it over to the PS games.

Its his return game that i think sets him apart from the others. I think Byrd offers something but he is also a clone of something we have now too. Same skills a good return man has, is the same skills that makes a good receiver in our offense. Jones is a very very good return guy.

I think its very unlikely anyone unseats an incumbent at the QB position both starter or backup. We lose too much continuity going with a new guy there to risk that this year. I think Moore’s days are numbered though and wouldn’t at all be surprised that if we have a little success this year he may be out next year in favor of a draftee.

I actually though about making it Jones/Byrd but i wanted to make a pick between the two not cop out and include multiple guys for that last spot. I dont think its going to be Matthews, and between Jones and Byrd, Jones offers ST ability. At this point id say though its abotu 50/50 between the two.

D, Christian Jones is a good football player but he’s going to have to overcome a lack of size, speed and strength with pure football ability. Not saying he can’t do it, we’ve seen it before but he’s got an uphill battle.

D

I think they brought Freeman in for a reason. If he shows something in camp and preseason, I think at the very least he could make us carry 3 QB’s, but I don’t agree one bit the backup QB can’t be unseated. Freeman has won in this league, although it’s been a while. I think he has more talent and is a better fit for what we do here, so we’ll see what happens.

His game when he’s playing focused and well is a similar game to Tannehill including the running ability.

Yeah but he hasnt played that way in several years. Id be very uncomfortable running with him at backup unless he has got his game back. So far there is no indication of that, reports from camp is bad and the no pads time is when QB’s generally look their best because they arent dealing with real pressure.

by camp i meant OTA’s

That’s what I think, and to say that Moore can’t be unseated is borderline absurd. He’s been given a 1YR contract, so that in and of itself tells you he could be gone at a moments notice.

Im not saying the QB backup position CANT be unseated Mike, im saying its highly unlikely unless he really really impresses, its better to run with familiar with the system and familir to the receivers over swapping out for a guy who at least at this time hasnt even shown he can throw good passes in shirts and shorts practices.

Good morning blog! Thanks for putting this together Naples. Much appreciated. I’d like to encourage others to submit things to us. It’s not so bad….and you get fabulous prizes! Well, maybe not fabulous…and no prizes either. But everyone has nice things to say to you…and that’s got to be worth something! 🙂

Nice Post Naples
    thanks for contributing
    I can’t say any of your locks are wrong

Hey Herd! I agree, it’s nice to get contributions from everyone. How are ya?

D says:
    May 28, 2015 at 11:18 am
    ————————————-
    Again, where did i say CANT, i said unlikely, and thats fact. You dont replace established with not established on a whim.I think its “absurd” if you think otherwise.

naples. this article sucks. what a waste of time. i will never get those seconds back

(first, yes mike e i read naples, yours is the only one i dont read and second. i just wanted to make herd a liar for her saying ‘But everyone has nice things to say to you…and that’s got to be worth something! 🙂 )

• naplesfan2010 says:

Mission Accomplished!! … while putting this article together, my sole focus was “How can I make ffr consume valuable seconds of his life such that he will feel enraged for minutes more afterwards, thereby increasing my negative impact on him exponentially!!”

DONE.

D, did Mike E call you borderline absurd? LOL

i would be glad to contribute. herd can i just give you my ‘contribution’ directly or does it have to go thru mike e’s hand first.

Mike E, did D call you absurd? LOL

LOL @ Tim

This just ain’t right.
    —————————————
    “Police in a small Louisiana city……arrested 59-year-old Franklin Jones, who begs near an intersection. They can’t arrest him for begging, but took him in for public intoxication and stealing a shopping cart.

When they searched his pockets, they found $800 in cash.”

D, I agree that its unlikely that Freeman beats out Moore. Hqving Freeman play well and become a viable option is a huge boon for us as he could bring in more draft picks. Or if he shows enough this year to stay on as a 3 then he might become a good back-up going forward. I see him here as only a good thing, only down side is for Freeman should he not be able to hack it.

Great job Naples (and Son).

Certainly looks like the Phins would be down the list for any WR, QB or RB looking for a roster spot…..and that’s a good thing.

D says:
    May 28, 2015 at 11:56 am

Lo, ya know as twisted as it makes me, i saw this one coming (pun kinda intended)

hey, this isnt a side show. if you want to see then buy a damn ticket.

44. naplesfan2010 says:

Even though Freeman is more of a match in measurables and skillset to Tannehill and a better fit for our offense, I would not want him as our only back-up unless he graciously accepted that role, as one thing we do not need is a QB controversy. Moore brings no drama to the QB room to distract Tannehill and in fact has been a great mentor both psychologically and in football IQ for Tannehill, so any future back-up we get must also be those things or we regress at the back-up QB position of the roster.

Naples, Tanny just got a $100M contract. Do you really think there could be a QB controversy? lol

• naplesfan2010 says:

sorry
        meant there to be tongue in cheek humor in that part.
        You are totally correct.

Naples — I’d have no problem drafting a guy in say the fourth who is raw but still good enough to step in just in case. Tanny goes out a couple games and the kid wins a couple games throwing to Parker, Stills and Landry……..then we trade him for a first. 🙂

45. naplesfan2010 says:

Are we pronouncing it
    ah JAH ee with the JAH rhyming with SKA?
    or
    ah JIE ee with the JIE rhyming with XY-lophone?

naplesfan2010 says:
    May 28, 2015 at 12:09 pm

DONE.

LMAO

47. naplesfan2010 says:

This from a buddy of mine:
    Bill Lazor on Miami Dolphins’ deep ball: “We’ve got to figure it out together”

I don’t get what’s to figure out. Throw the damn ball out there with a nice arch and let your receiver run under it. What am I missing. Just stop making it harder than it is.

I think it’s trust/confidence thing with Ryan in just letting it go when he has another receiver open for a 1st down – he’d rather take that. He might just need to be more aggressive.

It is, i was saying this last year. You can see its both his confidence in the receivers being at the right spot and his confidence in making the throw. When he trows the short to intermediate routes he is throwing to the location and he seems confident in the receivers being there, especially with Landry. Deep routes he wasnt confidant enough to trow to the spot he expected them to be because he didnt have the confidence they would be there. Its the only explanation because he has the arm to make the throw and is highly accurate in general.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

The o line has to give him more time to connect on the deep ball. OR he has to scramble and get himself more time,

Mando gets it. Thomas is not starter material

“Look, Philbin is a former offensive line coach. He is an expert on the subject. And there is nothing that convinces me that looking at Thomas at guard has any expert convinced this player will be anything short of a weak link at left guard for the Dolphins in 2015.

Put it this way: Monday was the first OTA session of the offseason with offensive players facing defensive players and vice versa. There were no pads. It was not a contact practice. And yet I saw Thomas crumble in a heap on a run play that got blown up by Earl Mitchell and Olivier Vernon as if he was a junior varsity kid competing in the NFL.”

Yeah — you won’t see me jump starting the Thomas bandwagon. Hoping he proves me to be a fool though.

Stanger, the Pats haven’t really landed any top QBs in later rounds other than Brady. Cassel (7th) isn’t that good, Mallett (3rd) hasn’t proven anything and Garoppolo (2nd) is still unknown.

They still turned Cassel into a 2nd though. But that aside, just pointing out that with a young and durable QB like Tanny (or the Pats with Brady before) that a QB like that is an option as a back-up rather than a polished vet.

Thomas will have his hands full trying to beat out Douglass. If he wins the job then I’ll feel confident but Douglass sure looks the part so far.

On the deep ball, people forget some really nice throws to Hartline, Clay and Sims down the field. Right on the money. Tannehill can do it, he has the arm and the accuracy. I really believe it’s a mentality and a confidence thing. Also if we want to see more deep throw attempts, he needs more time consistently. Philbin has said the protection for 7 step drops hasn’t been good enough the last 2 seasons.

53. naplesfan2010 says:

What routes qualify as deep ball routes?
    also
    When I watched replays of Wallace running deep routes, I could see that he would run in spurts, medium then fast to get the DB’s hips turned then slow to deke him into thinking he had recovered, then blaze on and leave the DB 2-3 steps behind. I would guess this is horrendous for a passer trying to hit that 35 yards out. Therefore all the deep passes would be required to be thrown to a spot and just the right amount of air under it so it stays in the air while Wallace does his stutter steps but no more.
    I wish the coaches could’ve gone back to see how Roethlisberger did it.

Wallace has crazy legs, he’s not sharp in anything he does. His best attribute is he’s very fast. Big Ben used to hit him most of the time buying time and then just launching it on broken plays.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I totally agree with that and I think RT could scramble like Big Ben does and “cause” broken plays like that. I think Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson also have a knack for making it seem like the pattern has broken down to the rushers who cannot see behind them, then boom Jordy or somebody comes open way down field, which is what Rodgers was waiting for all along.
        Fran Tarkenton did that heart attack long bomb shit way back when.

Deep balls are usually considered 20+ yards.

Not buying he’ll follow through, but I love it:

“I have scheduled the canceling of DirecTV for the day before this NFL season, after having it my entire adult life. I am shuttering the fantasy football league that I’ve commissioned for a decade. I’m opting out of two Vegas leagues that I won thousands on last year. I’m tired of caring about something that’s meaningless.”

—– Jamie Conway, “a lifelong Patriots fan from Marion, Mass” on why he’ll never have anything to do with the NFL again in protest of how the league is persecuting his Pats.

Naples, Tanny has used his legs to prolong plays and has made some real nice throws doing that. The thing is our passing game is designed to release the ball really quick. I think what we really want is more YAC from our receivers on high percentage plays. So deep passes are always going to be limited to a degree in our offense.

That idiot pats fan should quit all of his leagues and shit because he just realized his team cheats. Yeah they cheat asshole its not persecution it’s called getting busted deal with it.

Yeah — when Bullygate came out we discussed the specifics, but we were all like “this shiot is F-ed up.” If we were Pats fans guess we would have been saying the broken tray incident was faked like the moon landing.

May 28, 2015 at 1:30 pm

‘Philbin has said the protection for 7 step drops hasn’t been good enough the last 2 seasons.’

who cares what philbin thinks. he is just a stupid head coach in the NFL. anyone can have that job. what a mental health professional in Minnesota thinks matters. and randy says the online is fine that it is just tanny sucks. so stick that in your hedges and trim it.

This is a Pats fan crying when they don’t win the Super Bowl.

X

i dont know. i can see one quitting football. i bet a lot of us feel the same if the suspension gets lifted.

Just found it ironic that he was quitting because he was an obsessed fan and cared enough to put out a long post on the internet about why he was doing it. It was just an idiotic conflicting statement…….but we are talking about a Pats fan.

mommy mommy i am hungry can you get me a bag of chips from the machine?

no, i am sorry honey, mommy is saving her quarters for that other vending machine.

X,

i agree. a big difference from someone being pissed off if brady gets away with it then from a idiot fan upset he got caught cheating and then punished for it.

but just saying, i can see getting so pissed about the nfl if he skates free.

I’d only be really pissed if Brady gets no suspension without turning over the pertinent stuff in his phone.

Joe: I’m gonna get some Ring Dings from the vending machine, want anything?
    Laura: No I’m good, I think I’ll just slop on this dildo I bought earlier.
    Joe: Uhhhhh… okay.

63. naplesfan2010 says:

ewww about the Pats fan
    and
    double ewwwwwww about the vending machine

64. naplesfan2010 says:

yeah that is what i was getting at. It seems like our offense is not really designed to “go long” in the way Mike Wallace wanted it to go. It’s a quick hit offense, especially after Lazor got here.

65. naplesfan2010 says:

It seemed like we were only throwing a few out there to Wallace almost as a courtesy to him and maybe as a decoy to keep the D honest, but never really tried to rely on that.
    3/20 deep balls connected last year is not good, but I have heard TV analysts say for years that just throwing a 40 yard pass scares the CBs to back off the LOS or the safeties to get out of the box, esp. if the WR is the fastest man in football as Wallace says he is.

I think if you run the ball effectively you open up big play opportunities in more ways than throwing it deep. You bring the safeties up and a slant can go to the house.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 14m14 minutes ago
    Broncos Pro Bowl LT Ryan Clady tore his left ACL during practice Wednesday and is likely to miss the 2015 season, a league source told ESPN.

tim,

thats not cool. that is someones wife.

whats that? how do i know? well just look at her, she just licks it and never actually puts it in her mouth.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 14m14 minutes ago
    Both Mannings, Peyton and Eli, now have lost their starting LTs for into, if not for, the season. Ryan Clady torn ACL, Will Beatty torn pec.

May 28, 2015 at 2:38 pm

That’s slopping. LOL

thats cute. but if you really want slopping ask ken about basement life.

another on bites the dust.

“Ryan Clady suffers torn ACL”

Nice job Naples. I do have a couple I disagree.
    First is I think Douglas wins the LG spot over Thomas and Thomas becomes the swing OL reserve player who can line up at OG or OT in a pinch.
    Next is that I think Rishard Matthew is done as a phin. either Hazel or Byrd take his place.
    I also think Stills starts over Jennings but Jennings is in the mix as the #4 WR.
    Finally, I think Ajayi is the #2 RB while Williams will be more of a 3rd pass receiving back.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 14m14 minutes ago
    Peyton Manning announces retirement

73. naplesfan2010 says:

Ken I agree that Douglas might end up the starter, but as of yesterday, Thomas was still taking almost all the snaps with the ones. After today, maybe not.

I heard manning will be taking 80 percent of his snaps from under center in this new offense. That should be different for him

I’m not buying that Boulder, unless it is about where he lines up to start. Seems too old to change up now.

75. naplesfan2010 says:

Ken I definitely think Mathews is done as a Phin if either Hazel or Byrd shows that he can be trusted on the field in a real NFL game. The thing about Rishard is that the coaches know he is not going to go out there and lose a game for us all by himself. He has caught TD passes without choking.

76. naplesfan2010 says:

Ken I think Jennings starts the season as a a starter but Stills takes over as the season goes on. In fact Parker might not start in favor of Jennings, unless he continues to show he can play first string in preseason. Jennings has Super Bowl experience, and especially with those two road games at the beginning of the year, followed by Big Bad Buffalo, we might not want some kid out there having first game ever jitters on the road. Let the rook calm down and chill the hype and then ease him in.

I think Stills is the best deep threat on the team and is too important to not have on the field from day 1 as he is the best stretch the field option. I can see Jennings ahead of Parker initially but based on the early reports it sounds like Parker is the real deal. I think Jennings gets pushed down the depth chart. Not a bad problem if that happens. It means they youngins are impressing.

77. naplesfan2010 says:

And finally Ken i also agree with you about Ajayi who I think is a bigger steal than even a lot of the pundits who think he was a steal. I think Ajayi has very special feet and really soft hands. (Now I sound like Rex Skankchez, but hey)

lol, to damn funny. what a mom

Naps. good article posting….but why would you think *Tannehill is locked in as a starter???

Jake Long, stay by your phone….

Broncos LT Ryan Clady tore his left ACL in Wednesday’s practice, and is done for the season.
    It’s a massive blow for a team with questions all over its offensive line. Second-rounder Ty Sambrailo has been penciled in at right tackle. He played left tackle at Colorado State, but the leap from the Mountain West to AFC West might not be one he’s prepared to make on Peyton Manning’s blindside. Clady’s 2013 replacement, Chris Clark, remains on the Broncos’ roster. Michael Schofield is another option. Limited to two games by a Lisfranc sprain in 2013, Clady was essentially replacement-level in his 2014 return. Clady turns 29 in September.

Why are they changing Peyton’s offense?

Chiefs LT Eric Fisher was running with the second team in Thursday’s OTAs session.
    Donald Stephenson was manning the blindside. Coach Andy Reid said he just wanted to get Stephenson some work on the left, but it’s a reminder that Fisher remained one of the league’s worst tackles last season. Stephenson was a reserve. The Chiefs have crazily-little depth at tackle, with Jeff Allen checking in as the No. 3.
    ____________________________________
    I guess we should consider ourselves somewhat lucky.

The top tackles drafted in recent years haven’t been all that.

Mike E, why not just put Fuckface over Jordan on your 95 jersey and you can wear it to parties. It would be quite the conversation piece. LOL

Yep I be Trippen

May 28, 2015 at 3:30 pm (Edit)

Why are they changing Peyton’s offense?
    _______________________________________
    One is that Kubiak runs a more traditional run oriented offense. Always has.
    Second is that they want to run the ball more to keep Peyton healthier later in the season.

Mike E, calm your tits! lol
    I was talking about being lucky our OL seems intact than what we just read about the Broncos & Chiefs, plus luckily we got Albert when we did & KC didn’t plan ahead and resign him. Fisher isn’t the world beater they and many here thought he’d be.

I guess buying that #95 jersey still stings eh? 😉

LOL! No, I was just comparing their draft pick to ours. In that regard, we’re far from lucky. 🙂

1 1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher
    1 2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel
    1 3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan
    1 4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson
    1 5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah
    1 6 Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo
    1 7 Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper
    1 8 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin
    1 9 New York Jets Dee Milliner
    1 10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack
    1 11 San Diego Chargers D. J. Fluker
    1 12 Oakland Raiders D. J. Hayden

In case you guys wanted a reminder of the first 12 picks from 2012

who is good on this list? Maybe Mingo and Ansah…Fluker too. I think cooper has had some inruies. Hayden was a bust. Jordan is a bust. Tavon austin has been underwhelming/. Milliner hasn’t been very good either

I don;t know about Joeckel but I definately don;t view him as one of the top OTs in the game, Like Jake Long was in his first couple of season

Cooper had a bad broken leg in TC his rookie season.

Zeke is the only name that sticks out….but he may even suffer some now with Suh & Fairley gone.
      Mingo isn’t more than a JAG so far. I have several buddies that are Browns fans and they aren’t excited about him at all.

Ken

When was Matthews benched???
    I don;t remember that

tim,
    yes they are changing the offense a bit under kubiak. They want to run the ball way more and from what I hear on the news channels peyton has been taking a lot more snaps from under center.

Yeah makes sense. I forgot Kubiak was their new HC. For some reason I thought it was the receptionist where Stanger gets his hair cut. LOL

How does one calm their tits. Stay out of the freezer section?

Sonny tomorrow with a chance of bullshit

LMAO @ Tim

95. Nice work Naples!!!!

Piggy:
    Going back to the 2012 draft. Lane Johnson has been a good pick. He started slow but has come on to be a steady and reliable OT with only 1 suspension for PEDs vs. what is it now for Jordan? 3?

Son, how do you know Gigi wasn’t thinking of you doing aerobic dancing?

Piggy:
    Matthews was a disciplinary sit the last 2 games of the season.

99. Son: They were awesome — Don Henley sounded incredibly good, Glenn Frey a close 2nd and Joe Walsh was siiiiccccckkkkk!!!!!!!!

May 28, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Why are they changing Peyton’s offense?

yeah i agree, why go thru the trouble when all you have to do is deflate his balls

Gigi, I saw Glenn Frey induct Linda Ronstadt into the R&R HOF and I thought it was Mitt Romney. LOL

I voted for Glenn Frey last election

Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson no shows at the Jets OTAs. Both seem unhappy……I would be too if my jersey was puke green.

Jets waived QB Matt Simms.
      The Jets are now down to four quarterbacks, with Jake Heaps and Bryce Petty backing up Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick. A 2012 undrafted free agent, Simms has attempted just 39 career passes.

I had a weird dream last night where I was walking down a path and Rick Santorum was riding a bike the opposite way and I said hey how ya doing knowing he was running for president. He barely acknowledged me so I yelled back hey you’re running for president and you don’t mingle with the people? He heard me and stopped. When I walked over to him he was now David Spade with long hair and I told him he’s never going to win being such a smart ass and annoying, so maybe he should do something else. LOL

Gotta agree with Mando on this one.

“Dallas Thomas is a worthy backup. That is where he offers value. He should be kept behind glass which should be broken only in case of emergency — like when your better starting left guard tweaks an ankle. He is not a 16-game starter.”

I don;t know
      seems a little early to write him off as a starter

when you draft a player int he 3rd round, you should not expect him to be a starter immediately

and playing him at OT and now expecting him to start at OG should allow a little more time as well

Not writing him off Piggy, but lets just say I don’t have great hopes. He’s had two years to show it already….and we are talking OL. But maybe he becomes a late bloomer like Soliai.

Naples I think you’re off on the placement of Ajayi on the depth chart. He will be number 2 if not number one by the second half of the year.

1823 rushing yards,and 28 touchdowns. Also recorded 50 receptions for 535 yards and 4 touchdowns..

If he has half those stats this year he will be a stud

Stanger, Piggy

That’s how I feel about Thomas until he shows me otherwise.

Lets hope he does. One of my big concerns about him is that it seems he was drafted more as an NFL ready guy than a potential one like Turner.

If he doesn’t, someone else will have to step up. Maybe Douglas is that guy, or maybe it’s one of the other guys we brought in, like Dionte Savage, or Jeff Linkenbach, or Aundrey Walker. Hopefully, someone plays well enough to earn the job.

OMG I am dying!

BUCK THE SLOBERING DONKEY??????

” Dates Miss Michigan”?

PUD WRESTLER! LOL

Thomas will be a given a chance to compete at LG in TC and if he doesn’t cut it someone else will play there. I highly doubt that will be decided in OTAs.

Unless he is a real good actor, the issue with Peterson is real nasty personal.

What’s he worth? Even if semi-damaged goods, that’s one special player.

He’s also 30 which is getting in the long in the tooth range for a RB.

He’s still AP though. Thinking he must be worth something. Was just asking what. The contract might be the real problem…..also might be what this is all about.

Stanger, Thomas was basically shelved his entire rookie season as he was coming off of shoulder surgery from college so he really only competed one season.

Both baby gifs and the banana gif are disturbing

How is a pretty girl enjoying healthy fruit disturbing?

My guess would be it’s disturbing because that’s not HIS banana

well, technically, it wasn’t the Gif itself but rather my reaction to it ……

I was laughing about the Personal Lube note from mom above. Slobbering donkey?? Oh goodness.

Ah-JIE-EE

I think Ah-JIE-EE will be the lead runner by game 4 or 5 this year and Miller will be the change of pace guy. I really dig that we got him and Parker. WEAPONS Miller is a good back, I like him a lot and think the coaches should have used him more this year, but I believe Ah-JIE-EE will be special. Too bad we couldn’t get TYLER FUCKING VARGA in FA too. LOL

We will certainly regret not getting Varga. lol

Miller can not handle any more carries, after the games he walks around the locker room like he’s been beaten to a pulp. This yr may be different though, since he’s bulked up, but we don’t need any more touches a game from him, now that we have Ajayi.

Steve, if Miller was so beaten up after every game wouldn’t he have been a dog at the end of the year?

No and that’s the point, he was at the edge of what his body could handle, any more carries and he would’ve been a dog at the end of the yr.

yeah,I don’t remember anything last season about him not being able to hold up physically to more carries. I thought it was more along the lines of playcalling and letting Tannehill read option it. (keeping or throwing often on those options)

That was a horse collar type tackle at the end. Very unprofessional.

What do you expect from the jets, but look at it again contact at the 1 is on his right shoulder, it was really nothing.

Lamar Miller Off to the races

Lamar Miller First and Goal from the 3………..The 3 that is 97 yards from 6 points.

rock is just embarrassed his bathroom counter looks like this

that’s funny. I was just talking with my brother who called me to tell me he “accidentally” slept with his ex last night and during the tale he says “so she runs up stairs and grabs the KY off my dresser and”

I interrupted him Wait, back up, OFF of your dresser?

“yeah, what…”

YOU KEEP IT ON YOUR DRESSER? not IN your dresser?

“Yeah, you need to get to it quick sometimes”

Nervermind, go on with your story……LOL

You have to have some donkey slobbering cream somewhere in there. LOL

Have you guys seen that movie Draft Day

That shit is so bad

And so unrealistic…

Wtf!
    How did that movie get made

May 28, 2015 at 9:17 pm

You have to have some donkey slobbering cream somewhere in there. LOL

timmie. you have to get know that is just a joke…..i mean donkey’s dont slobber.

lol @ rock.

Steve he did the knee on the back of the legs.

Miami DolphinsVerified account
    ‏@MiamiDolphins

Juice & DeVante.

#StrongerTogether
    Embedded image permalink

Two naturals along with a natural vet in Jennings (had him on my FF team for years with Rodgers) and a young ascending WR in Kenny Stills who I really liked at the combine 3 years ago. Jordan Cameron is that big seam buster type TE who is out to prove he’s not a concussion concern (we’ll see but he’s motivated to be a pro bowl TE again). Sims and Lynch could provide us with the prototype TEs you need to block and sneak out as receivers here and there, and all our RBs are good receivers.

Now let’s protect the QB and allow it to happen.

Still didn’t work. Damnit. Anyway, that is a QB rating of 100+ right there….

Plus, random observation, DAMN…..Juice and DeVante are all tatted up. Both are toting two full sleeves.

LOL thanks? piggy.

finfanrob says:

May 28, 2015 at 9:25 pm

May 28, 2015 at 9:17 pm

You have to have some donkey slobbering cream somewhere in there. LOL

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

They do when you beat them into submission! 😉

I’m not sure if all of you guys know this site. I like it because the update it pretty quickly and keep track of a bunch of sites looking for Dolphins news to post links to.

BrianCat ‏@BrianCat13 · 3h3 hours ago
    My theory on #Dolphins CB Tony Lippett: they can spend 1 roster spot on gameday for a backup WR/CB/ST’s gunner instead of 2-3 spots.

Amen Brother!

DAMN I hope our PRO BOWL DEFENSIVE LINE whips our Offensive line into shape this year with competition.

Come on SUH teach Thomas how to block you. LOL

OLB Chris McCain is my sleeper impact defender this year. He’s a tall rangy guy at 6-5… looks maybe 240 to me who can run, and has a chip on his shoulder because of his college history and not being drafted. We might have found a gem here.

I’m gonna turn in. Nogtih all.

wyoming did a cut and paste and not use the reply button. i feel like naples. i think my work is done here.

i so hate Bat isnt around. i feel so alone as the only member of the ‘death to the reply’ brigade.

lol @ tim

tim

i think bat spends the off season collecting souls to sacrifice watching a game. i just break shit, he takes pineapples and inserts them forcefully