One Week Away!

Okay, I know its not a real football game, but can you believe we are 1 week away from our first preseason game???

DolphisnvBears

Ahhh, this match-up conjures up memories of one of the greatest football games ever.

NathanTD

I doubt it will be as exciting as ’85.  But it will be our first wiff of football, which is good enough to sustain me another week.

Here are a couple of predictions:

Cutler sucksIn limited action, Jay Cutler will continue to be Jay Cutler.  I don’t expect to see much of Cutler or Tanny.  In Cutler’s case, look away…just look away…its grotesque…

Mathis

After a few minutes of lining up against Suh, the Bears, not the Dolphins will become the leading contenders for Evan Mathis.

The game also gives us a good chance to see where the offensive line is against some one other than Suh

bugs13n-2-web

The outcome will matter less to most of us than this Japanese Game Show.  Sure its fun to watch the Dolphins, but what we really care about in August is avoiding major injuries…and swallowing cockroaches too…

I bet you have some predictions too…

let em rip!

sad-bear

Aside | This entry was posted in Dolphins News. Bookmark the permalink.

427 Responses to One Week Away!

Fungoo!

The Bears defense has been toothless the last couple of years. We killed them last year in the regular season. I just hope we look sharp, and that like you said, no injuries.

• jetsssuck says:

new coach different system. Fox is known for not playing rookies but he is trying to put his stamp on new team. Gotta think he may trade a couple of players who can’t handle change.

• Brian in NY says:

They have vastly improved their defense this offseason, from a few articles I’ve read. That’s not going to matter to us in the 1st preseason game.

jetssuck,

Fox is a very good coach, and I’m sure he’ll turn that team around. Not sure if he can do it in time for our preseason game though.

• jetsssuck says:

of course not Mike. It takes a couple usually. Do you believe he can change the team within one season and do you believe everyone is going to respond to the new coaches and their ways of preparation? Their is going to be rebellion with new ways of doing things. This is basic human nature and those that can’t handle that with the new coaches will be out the door by trade or cut.

They do have some good young LBs like Bostic

5. Lee Gale (@Uwantwat) says:
    August 6, 2015 at 12:25 pm
    Sorry I’m an Australian so I was asleep and never caught your replies to my post. I have been following the Phins since 1984 which means I ‘m old(like OD and JS).Could someone please tell me how to join this blog, I used Twitter to post these posts. Mind you I have been reading the 2 blogs ever since they started but decided this one is the better one. I cut my teeth over in the old MH board years ago. I have watched a lot of NFL over that time and get Game Pass these days. Mark Dixon had short arms but he was a tough bloke. My favourite player apart from DM has to be Chuck Klingbeil.

6. Lee Gale (@Uwantwat) says:
    August 6, 2015 at 12:26 pm
    It is late here and bedtime I will talk some more tomorrow.

Lee

Great to have you here mate! I also liked Chuckie the NT. He was a real fireplug, 6’0″ 299. Honored to have an Australian gent on our board! I’ve ben watching since ’73, so I’m old(er) too.

The Bears defense is interesting this year. It’s a 3-4 scheme with a mix of vets and young guys. It will be interesting to see if guys like Jared Allen can play OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

LOL @ Tim and Piggy

Woo hoo! One week away. I still haven’t gotten a renewal email for the preseason package from NFL.com. I was looking on their website and I don’t see anything about it. Does anybody know, are they not offering it this year?

I can’t see why they wouldn’t but it’s weird I can’t find anything about it on the website with the 1st preseason game only 3 days away.

I haven’t received any e-mails from NFL.com either, although I haven’t checked my email in a couple of days. lol

• jetsssuck says:

I saw something about televised pre season games a couple of days ago but I don’t remember if it was direct tv or nfl package.

• jetsssuck says:

u might want to check with mf13 about how to watch the game on computer. He seems to be up to date on such things.

Yeah, I can always fall back on the illegal live streaming sites but the quality usually sucks. I’d rather pay the 20 bucks and get good quality.

It looks like they may have packaged the PS games into GamePass. I can’t find it a la carte.

• jetsssuck says:

cha ching–another cash cow for NFL. You would think pre season games would be cheaper or free to gain more fans

That is all I could find too. It seems pretty stupid to me if that is the case. You have fans that are going to get the gamepass to get the regular season games no matter what but I don’t know anybody that will get the gamepass just to get the preseason games so basically they are throwing away the whole market that would pay for that set of games, smh.

This GamePass, you can’t watch the RS games live though, right?

Right, I’m pretty sure you only get the archived games minus commercials and maybe a couple of other items like alternate camera angles.

I’m not sure if you get the coaches film with that package or if that is separate.

For NFL Game Pass (Domestic):

To cancel your Free Trial or subsequent subscription, you can send an e-mail to accountsupport@nfl.com, call customer support at (407)-936-0542 between the hours of 10:00 am and 10:00 pm ET, chat with a customer support representative at NFL.com/subscriptionsupport, or use the online form found on your “My Account” page.

I’m sure this Customer service number is from S.Florida like boca

When I go to NFL.com and click on watch games it says nothing about the preseason

Uh-oh NFl what have you done now?

Yeah they really fucked this whole thing up by making it exclusive with Direct TV when you have all of this other technology out there.

the site says
    Live Preseason Games
    and Replays of all RS games

You can listen to them live though…lol

I wonder how much $$$ they just threw away

WTF!!!

Anyone know how much Game Day Pass is?

Kong

Just checked my e-mail, nothing yet from NFL.com

I don;t want to spend $100 to watch preseason

LMAO @ the supposed photo of Mike E.

I bet those two guys are emailing each other right now

Dude #1: Did you get the pic of me and my new cat?
      Dude #2: Totally bro, check my new one with my Rockband Flying V guitar and space game helmet.
      Dude #1: Awesome bro, you rock!
      Dude #2: You too bro, you too!

LOL @ Piggy!

LMFAO @ Pig.

Kong

This GamePass thing blows!

Why does this league have to fuck the whole game watching experience thing up? It’s so fucking stupid. Even if some people wanted to get Direct TV some can’t based on where they live. Dumb dumb dumb!!!!!

It doesn’t make much fiscal sense unless they were losing money on the preseason stand alone package. Oh well, I guess it’s back to shitty versions of live streaming and I get to order a pizza with my $20 bucks, lol.

23. jetsssuck says:

maybe you can watch the pre-season from a local sports bar that subscribes to it

August 6, 2015 at 1:29 pm

That’s better than what I found when I checked my email

about time, i never thought you would open that. you know how long it took me to get the cat to sit still

is that a picture of Even Mathis or Ogre from “Revenge of the Nerds”

Someone Tweet Lee Gale back on how to get here NOT using twitter. I responded up the board to his post but I am not sure how the twitter link thingy works.

Real or fake?

I think it bs

Mike E
    that makes sense

jetssuck

That was Porky’s. (Bathroom scene)

Gillislee

Sucks

i

What did Gillislee do now?

Here is a best quality vid of that Deep ball yesterday

Tannehill hits Juice DEEP!

i bet lauren loves it when he does that

August 6, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Maybe she’s visited our blog on one of those pickle jar days. Understandable. lol

lol, thats pretty funny.

Gillislee never flashes in camp….he’s not going to make this team.

39. jetsssuck says:

here’s a website where you can interact with fellow ny’ers who may be able to tell you where you can watch preseason games maybe get invited to their place maybe to watch through gamepass?.

you have to take it with a grain of salt because of the source, but Omar says when the pads go on Gillesse disappears.

…from SS:
    Here’s a rare bit of good news from the much-maligned Dolphins’ offensive line – right tackle Ja’Wuan James, an All-Rookie selection last season, appears to be playing even better this year.

James, the starter at right tackle in 2014 until Branden Albert got injured, which them prompted a switch to left tackle, has been effective in run and pass blocking so far. And that’s not easy considering he faces Pro Bowl defensive end Cam Wake much of the time, and backup Derrick Shelby when Wake isn’t on the field.

Jeff Linkenbach says consistency is the strength of his game
    Dolphins offensive lineman Jeff Linkenbach, who is competing for one of the two vacant guard spots, says consistency is the strength of his game.
    “It’s the second camp,” said James, the 2014 first-round pick from Tennessee. “The first camp I’m worried about what’s next, what’s next on the schedule; I’ve got to learn the plays, I’ve got to block Cam Wake.

“Now, I’m focused more on what I need to work on, different little things here and little things there, and I’m not worried about the plays any more. I know them. Now it’s just adjustments off the plays.”

James’ development is a necessity on an offensive line that’s perceived to lacking at both guards and is still missing one of its best players – Albert.

Right now, James and Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey are the only positives on the offensive line, and the goiod news is it appears James is getting better. Wake still gets the best of the matchup, but James, who has won his share of battles, fares better overall than he did last year, or even in this year’s minicamp.

Teammates can see James’ improvement, and it’s led to a coinfidence boost.

“It’s a lot more confidence for me and other people that view me,” he said. “Other guys on the O-line look at me in a different way, I feel, than last year.”

That might be the best news the offensive line has had in a few weeks.

Rockphin says:

August 6, 2015 at 2:20 pm (Edit)

********************************

Why would we cut a guy like that???? Just think of the possibilities!!! He could score almost every time he gets the ball!

DeSean Jackson has been diagnosed with a separated shoulder, and will be sidelined “a few weeks.”
    Per ESPN’s Dianna Marie Russini, D-Jax is dealing with a Grade 2 separation. FOX Sports reports Jackson was injured by a blocking sled.
    _______________________
    Hopefully he’s still gimpy in week 1 against the Phins.

The Miami Herald reports “dialogue remains ongoing” between the Dolphins and free agent OG Evan Mathis.
    The Dolphins have a trainwreck situation at guard, but are waiting for Mathis’ price to come down. The Herald reports Mathis is seeking in the range of the $5.5 million he was schedule to make in Philadelphia. Although the Dolphins have a wretched cap situation for 2016, they have the funds to pay Mathis for 2015 if they get desperate enough.

• jetsssuck says:

I wonder how long it will take him to get caught up on playbook and get in sych with OL.

Not too long, Lazor knows him…but I’m still hoping Douglas continues to do well and Turner or Linkenbach can man the RG spot.

• jetsssuck says:

sandwiched between 2 pro bowlers won’t hurt either. I’m sure Pouncey can help him in games if he doesn’t what his assignment is.

So now it’s a train wreck situation at guard? Who wrote this Armando?

They don’t know how well Douglas is coming along.

It’s sensationalism. I said this back when they were going into OTA, the media benefits from people worrying over the guard position so the worse they make it sound the better to continue to get clicks. I am sure it’s not a perfect situation, but those kinds of words should show you they are embellishing for their own purposes

James Walker, ESPN Staff Writer
    DAVIE, Fla. – There are various ways to describe new Miami Dolphins Pro Bowl defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh after one week of training camp. He has been dominant, disruptive and a force on Miami’s defensive line.

However, Dolphins coaches recently came up with a new nickname for Suh that they use internally.

“His new name right now is ‘Chief’ around here, so you know that,” Miami defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle explained. “He’s the big chief, kind of like Robert Parrish was back with the Celtics back in the day. And he’s a guy that is the leader of the tribe and we’re real fortunate to have him. He doesn’t say a whole lot all of the time, but when he does, you listen.”

The addition of Suh already has added confidence throughout the entire Dolphins organization.

Players on defense are more confident now that they have one of NFL’s top defensive players on their side. Coaches believe they can take more chances and do more now that Suh is manning the middle and constantly attracting double-teams. Even Dolphins owner Stephen Ross cozied up with his $114 million investment after the first training camp practice.

After back-to-back 8-8 seasons, Suh is the type of game-changer the Dolphins were looking for. He’s taken younger players — such as rookie Jordan Phillips — under his wing and is leading others by example. Miami teammates and coaches already are raving about Suh on the field and behind the scenes.

“The thing about Suh that people don’t realize is he’s an elite player, but he’s got elite intelligence and his work ethic is elite off the charts,” Dolphins defensive line coach Terrell Williams said of Suh. “That’s what makes the guy great. That’s what makes him special. Not just great player. Elite intelligence, elite work ethic. I love the guy.”

Go Chief! #93

Rockphin says:
    August 6, 2015 at 2:20 pm

if its omar and one is reading it, they are better taking it with a spoonful of Cyanide
    (that was for your benefit timmie)

The Miami Herald reports Ryan Tannehill has “improved his touch dramatically” on his deep ball.
    It’s the second time since June we’ve heard Tannehill has been throwing a better deep ball in practice.

The second reply by some twitter twit is funny.

Happy birthday to the shitty CJ Mosley.

Born the same day as my sister.

(two days before ME! well, decades later, but….) that’s right, keep track, my birthday is August 8th…

the detroit lions were 38-42 with suh, but you guys think he is going to fix all this teams problems…………………..ok,sure, but just dont ask me to buy another tent.

Lions didn’t have Tannehill 🙂

Itsxwhy I have no clue why all those idiots talk up Mar Stafford. Calvin Johnson, , pretty good running game, one of the best third down received in the NFL and a top 5 defense and you can’t win games?

Suh lead a top defense in DET. He can only do so much for the offense.

I will take there #1 defense against the run last year and see how it works out for us

the other thing is that the Lions have been in the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years

before Suh in 2010 they weren’t int he postseason for a decade

A DT is not likely to solve all the problems on a team
      but adding the best players you can help you take the next step

August 6, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Stay… stay…. stay…….

that only works with ken.

August 6, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Suh lead a top defense in DET. He can only do so much for the offense.

there you go again tim, being practical.

August 6, 2015 at 3:08 pm

A DT is not likely to solve all the problems on a team
    but adding the best players you can help you take the next step

yeah, cause in the history of these high priced FA’s sooooooooo many of the top ones have worked out.

No one wins in Detroit. You can’t equate what Suh did in that shit hole to what he’ll do on a “real” football team.

Defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle — ‘Earl Mitchell’s playing the best he’s played since he’s been with us’

son of a son of a shula says:
    August 6, 2015 at 3:10 pm

oh ok. i didnt know that was the reason. ok, whew. and here i was getting mixed up with facts.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    No back in the Philbin era has had 250+ carries. But Joe said today that he’s not opposed to giving one 350.
    ______________________________
    I seriously doubt that happens when Joe keeps talking about RBBC.

I had my wife saying it to my sis in law the other day. She’s from upstate NY and a bills fan and started talking crap about can’t wait till the bills play the fins (they were texting) finally I told my wife to type “Suh is here, everything is different now”, she did and it sis backed down scared.

ok sorry, didnt mean to rain on everyones lala fantasy. the season hasnt even started yet….sorry.

i will go back to talking about slant legged nlcs and straight legged tents.

59. Al in MIA says:

Ah the media is having fun today …
    PFT (writing everything but directly calling the NFL hypocritical and biased in their deflate gate handling) & ESPN (blog entry about Cromartie defending Tom Brady) along with select media guys are all out criticizing the NFL & defending Tom Brady.
    Fuck them all :).
    As Darrelle Revis was qouted as saying in the ESPN Cromartie sympathy card:
    “I think it’s dragged a little bit too far,” Revis said on First Take. “It’s a little bit too much. I feel that he got the suspension of four games, and [he should] live with it.

• jetsssuck says:

its fun watching the Goodell and Kraft public relations campaign. We get to find out about these 1 percenters. Did u get yesterdays yahoo pulling stories from it website yesterday? U think it was from fear of reprisal? Goddell may be gone next winter owners meeting. I’ve already seen stories of how Goodell wasn’t elected by 2/3 of owners until the 5-6 vote. Kraft is shaking the tree hard to see what is coming out.

Who do you guys think will be the next commissioner of the NFL if the owners decide Goodell needs to be replaced?
      a-Troy Vincent—former dolphin
      b-Condoleezza Rice-said this would be her ultimate job and 45% of woman make up nfl fans
      c-Mitt Romney-long time 1 percenter
      d-Gregg H. Levy—lost last vote for commissioner but had almost half until round 5 or 6

Son,
    A few friends of mine are Bills fans, and a bunch of friends and family are Jets fans. Whenever they start talking shit, I mention Suh and Wake, and they usually pipe down after I hit them with that.

61. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Why would any modern team want to grind their RB out with 300+ yard carries in a season? :/
    In the fantasy football world, it’s been known for years what happens the year after someone has a monster 300+ carry year -> their numbers go down the following year (exception of course for 1 or 2 elite athletes).

Why FFR needs a 10′ wide canopy.

finfanrob says:
    August 6, 2015 at 2:58 pm (Edit)

August 6, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Stay… stay…. stay…….

that only works with ken.
    __________________________________
    Only because I am chained.

FFR,

Just watch this video in its entirety and you too will begin to believe.

Al, I agree, but we all clearly know that Miller needed more carries than he averaged last year.

66. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    I thought Earl Mitchell did alright earlier in the season for the Fins last year but I did notice that teams chose to just double off Mitchell on wide run plays and let others handle Starks/Odrick 1 on 1.

• Brian in NY says:

Mitchell faded towards the last third of the year, but I guess you could say that about the defenseas a whole.

Which is why Starks & Odrick are no longer here.
      This DL is going to look real good this year and the front 4 will get pressure allowing 7 into coverage often.
      I see the Phins D getting many more takeaways this season.

67. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Agree on Miller, when he is getting momentum the Fins need to feed him to take pressure off the OL pass blocking and passing game in general.

68. Al in MIA says:

FFR,
    Speaking of high priced FA working out…
    Darrelle Revis did for NE eh? 😦

69. Al in MIA says:

Jettsuck,
    Goodell is a pretty good bet to stay on.
    NFL owners care most about profits; the rest of the stuff (player disciplinary measures) is deemed petty by owners.
    There are certain issues with Goodell but they can just tell him to tone it down.
    Jerry Jones (probably the most influential NFL owner) said a few weeks ago “I love Roger” and Stephen Ross (2nd wealthiest owner) was recently quoted as saying he supports Roger. Other owners have no problem with Goodell so i doubt he is outed.

• jetsssuck says:

he barely won the election when he was elected. It took 5-6 votes by owners for him to get the bare minimum. Kraft is rounding up the troops and shaking the trees. Kraft may have got him the necessary votes.
      The NFL owners couldn’t have liked how he handled the assaults on woman last year.Lets remember they make up 45 % of NFL fanbase.

Al, who is the wealthiest owner. Seattle or Washington owner (I assume its one or the other)?

71. Al in MIA says:

D says:
    August 6, 2015 at 3:01 pm

———
    Detroit has had all kinds of issues during Suh’s stay. They had a very poor secondary until last year, they had a poor run game until last year, and Stafford (according to PFF analysis recently) has had the most dropped passes of any QB in the last 5 years.

Why I got kicked out of my last visit to the stadium…

STAND THE FUCK UP AND MAKE SOME NOISE…

FFR could just get one of these and be done with it. It only needs to cover him and Ken anyway. LOL

Brian, Suh isn’t playing in the 1st game in Washington, he’s serving a suspension from last year.

The IT guys here have struck again. They haven’t kept me off any specific sites, but NO ONE can play ANY type of video on the computers anymore. (I heard the big boss bitching about it the other day, LOL, “why can’t they restrict everyone but me?”

Hal Habib @gunnerhal
    Former White House press secretary (and Dolfan) Ari Fleischer is amused by Belichick, Patriots’ “mess.” http://pbpo.st/1Dxkxmy

““This is a great time to be Belichick, because he has a lengthy history of speaking in an infinite loop to nowhere,” Fleischer said. “There’s nothing he should say, and nothing he can say, to mollify people.” LOL

• Al in MIA says:

LOL

77. Al in MIA says:

Jetssuck,

Doesn’t matter what the vote was then (there were other choices then), this is now.
    The NFL is coming off record profits and they love their guy.

This was written last week on ESPN:
    According to Ross, Goodell is acting in the best interest of the league.
    Dolphins owner Stephen Ross on the Tom Brady ruling: “I don’t have all the facts. I don’t think any of us have all the facts. But I think the league takes everything into consideration …” AP Photo/J Pat Carter

“I have a lot of confidence in Roger and the league offices,” Ross said Thursday. “I dealt with them, as you know, with our controversy not too long ago, and they’re very objective. I don’t have all the facts. I don’t think any of us have all the facts. But I think the league takes everything into consideration, and I have a lot of faith in what the league ruled.”

Ross said he understands how Kraft feels because he was in those shoes last year.

“When it happens to you, everybody is always upset,” Ross said. “It’s a natural reaction. But I have a lot of confidence that the league has done the right thing. They have the facts, and I think Roger tries to treat everyone fairly.”
    —-
    This was written last week as well:

Jones praised Goodell for a job well done. Here’s Jones’ full response, via ESPN:

“He’s got obviously a very tough job,” Jones said. “Now I see some people doing that, that’s that old violin that’s not feeling too sorry for him because that’s why you pay the big bucks is to deal with the big problems. But he’s doing an outstanding job. I can tell you firsthand that in his spot you have to with people that you are counting on to help build and to help excel as far as the National Football League, I’m talking about the owners, you have to know that you’re going to make some decisions that are very unpopular with that particular group. This is the case.

“I can speak to that because on a personal basis as well as for my franchise and our Dallas Cowboys franchise, we’ve had that happen to us. I’m sitting there living with the result of the commissioner’s decision still today that I didn’t agree with when it happened. And so some of the very people sometimes that have the biggest complaints, they’re the ones who give you a phone call and say, ‘Hey let’s be a team player now and let’s all get in here and realize that this happens to everybody and let’s go on and compete. We’ve got a great league and a great game.'”

The key part in Jones’ answer: “He’s doing an outstanding job.”

• jetsssuck says:

I wouldn’t expect any owner to publicly say anything bad in public about Goodell. Some things are keep in private but backroom deals are developed. The tv contract is a done deal Kraft helped secure a players and owners cba without a strike that almost came to fruition. Ross and Jones are not going publicly humiliate Goodell and damage the NFL brand.Kraft somehow got the Ravens to say they didn’t warn the Colts about deflated balls when the NFL’s office said it was the Ravens who warned them. The owners of NFL image are concerned with the NFL image and losing revenue.

Suh won his appeal Tuesday of the one-game suspension handed down for stepping on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in Sunday’s loss to the Packers. Appeals officer Ted Cottrell reduced the ban to a $70,000 fine.

According to NFL Media’s Judy Battista, Suh was considered a first-time offender by the repeat offender policy, modified in 2014. Since the Detroit defender went 32 straight games without a player-safety violation, which includes the postseason and preseason, he earned a clean slate.

Never mind, I was trying to bust Brian’s balls because he’s going to the Washington game and he just said how excited he was to see Suh. LOL

DICK! LOL Made me use my google machine and everything. I was like “Man I’m sure I would have known about that….”

August 6, 2015 at 3:52 pm

Tim, Suh MOST DEFINITELY IS NOT SUSPENDED FOR ANY GAMES THIS YEAR (yet)

He got suspended for the wild card game last year and then that was overturned and made a $70K fine instead

Man, that would be awesome if he makes the team. I’d also have him in on ST’s against FG kickers.

Sooooo, I have been wondering…what does the “league” do with all the fine money it collects? Do they throw themselves one hell of a Christmas party?

I believe it goes to charity. It should help fund former players who are suffering from all kinds of ailments.

I had to use the google machine…

It is given to charity.

There are three charities to which the money is distributed – the Brian Piccolo Cancer Center, the Vince Lombardi Cancer Research Center and the NFL Players Association Players’ Assistance Trust. That is still true, but here’s a little extra detail.

All fine money collected during a season is first split 50-50 between the NFL and the NFLPA. The NFL then donates its share to the first two charities while the NFLPA gives its share to the third

• jetsssuck says:

cool, we have a brian piccolo park in broward county,. I believe he was from down here

Former Cincy LB Reggie Williams & another player comparing knees in retirement.

Yeah it’s horrible.

• jetsssuck says:

damn the guy on right his knee looks swollen still and the scare is disgusting.My open heart scare from almost 10 yrs ago doesn’t anything as bad as this. Look how wide the cut going down is.What did they use a chain saw,wow.

Ex-Bengal Brian DeMarco and his wife, Autumn, exit a hearing on the NFL’s system for compensating retired players.

The scary thing is I typed into the search bar “What does the NF”..
    and “What does the NFL do with the fines the collect” popped up first choice. I often think they have listening devices. (not just data mining but actually listening to my verbal conversations! LOL IM NOT PARANOID!)

Jets FS Antonio Allen suffered an Achilles’ injury in Thursday’s practice.
    Allen couldn’t put any weight on his foot, and had to be helped off the field. A season-ending injury is a possibility.

I will be generous and say too bad….(I don’t want the football gods to hear the celebration in my tone, Suh could go down for the season tomorrow)

Bills coach Rex Ryan admits CB Leodis McKelvin (ankle) may not be ready for Week 1.
    Ryan also revealed McKelvin “may have” had surgery after suffering a setback last month. We interpret “may have” as a definitive yes. “I can’t tell you if it’s going to be the first game, but it’s a significant injury,” Ryan said. “He will play this season. It’s just when he’s going to be available I’m not that sure.”

87. Al in MIA says:

Jetssuck,

To counter your statement, I wouldn’t expect an owner to go out of their way to elaborate extensively to media members on why they support the commissioner if they didn’t truly.

Ross & Jones support the commissioner no doubt. And they were both disciplined by the NFL for different matters (Ross for Martin issue) and Jones (along with Dan Snyder over the ruling that they had no more cap space two years ago out of no where) so they know about the nuisance coming from the commissioner’s office. They would not talk about Goodell in the manner that they did last week if they didn’t genuinely support him. Another owner back in May who spoke anonymously to reporter Mike Freeman said similar things (reported by PFT):

One unnamed owner (who has now forfeited the right to complain about leaks in his own building), told Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report the relationship between the Commissioner and the Patriots owner was “pretty much dead.”

“The main thing [NFL executive vice president Troy Vincent] said is true,” the owner said. “We need to make sure everyone is following the rules. All of us. I think Roger made the right decision and my guess is the rest of the owners agree.”

“Some of us [owners] are waiting a little nervously to see what Robert does next,” he said. “It’s positive that we sent a message that cheating will not be tolerated.

“I do think teams are looking around and saying, ‘What does this all mean?’ Teams are figuring it all out. But I think the bottom line is, don’t cheat, and you don’t have to worry about getting punished.”

• jetsssuck says:

what do you think of the NFL leaking the false ball psi levels to the media where one was 10.1 and yet three of 4 balls from Colts were underinflated and they were not reinflated for the second half this was never released, only the 10.1 psi false reading from which the NFL would scare Brady into calling the equipment manager the day after false NFL leak. NFL balls are supposed to be 12.5 to 13.5 lbs

88. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    At least he seemed to have been injured through normal means.
    Unlike DeSean Jackson who got injured sliding into a tackling sled lol.

LOL, reminds me of that OL we had years ago that re-injured his knee or ankle getting out of the trainer’s whirlpool.

ESPN’s Ed Werder reports Michael Floyd underwent surgery because his dislocated fingers “broke through skin.”
    In other words, not your typical dislocation. Per Werder, the team pegs Floyd’s timeline as 3-5 weeks. That gives him a legitimate chance to be ready for the Sept. 13 opener, but he should be considered week to week until further notice.
    _______________________________
    Ouch, the old bone thru the skin routine…ugh!

been there done that…Fell off the handle bars of my buddy’s bike being towed home from school at 11 or 12 years old. My hand went into his spokes and “Dislocated” my left pointer and middle finger. My pointer was almost “misplaced” LOL

• jetsssuck says:

I had my fibula goes thru my skin and sock. I passed out and that was the end of my playing football in my sophomore year day 2 of practice.

I dislocated my knee twice. The first time it popped back in by itself. The other time my friend had to pull it so it popped back in. No bone through skin though. Took a long time to get back to normal though.

That also stretches the crap out of the ligaments. Never quite right after that, knee joint not as tight and stable,

I always wondered why I didn’t tear anything but yes no doubt the stability and feeling that it could happen again just walking was there for like 6 months. It took about a year before I could run the same the 2nd time. Eventually rollerblading and mountain biking helped get me to the point where I felt back to normal and even stronger.

August 6, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Or they could put him on the 8 week IR.

That is what I calculated to get to week 10. They are eligible to PRACTICE after 8 weeks and they have a bye before then so that puts him approximately at week 10

OK, Nogtih all! Heading to that bar now.

Have fun Rock….

• jetsssuck says:

i don’t know about u guys sometimes. What’s so good about this bar those girls on the bar don’t look good at all. Maybe u guys need to make a appt with MikeE for some glasses

That’s where Rock hangs out…I live in Fla where the bars have hot chicks 😉

OH!! and Tim……the accountant was a female you ass….

You did get me for a second!

We need to make a new poll. Lord knows I’m not doing it. lol

WHO WILL BE THE STARTING GUARDS GAME 1 FOR THE DOLPHINS?

96. Al in MIA says:

Jettsuck,
    The NFL has been a bit disingenuous through all this and in my personal opinion a fine without suspension would have been an appropriate measure but I also understand that league office has powers under the CBA to deliver any kind of discipline for any conduct deemed ‘undermining the integrity of the league’. To me the NFL penalty isn’t so much an issue of ‘degree’ of deflation but rather the result of the question “did the Patriots or any member tamper with the football after the league went through its pregame checks”. The answer to the latter is undoubtedly YES. To what degree? probably very exaggerated but given the league powers available by the CBA, they can hand down punishment how they see fit within the context of “tampering”.

• jetsssuck says:

why is the pats being penalized and the colts not. The bathroom where the equipment disappeared for 1 minute 40 seconds is the last stop before hitting the field. Is it possible to deflate 10 balls, separate balls for deflation, take them all out of zippered bag, then get all balls in bag in 1 minute 40 seconds? Or is it more likely he went to take a piss before entering the field where he would be responsible for security of balls for 4 hours before halftime? I kinda believe the equipment manager since done of the balls were deflated less than 1 lb and given the balls where inflated to 12.5 lbs pregame and inspected as the desired weight Brady likes.

• jetsssuck says:

just today a story was written about the viking or bears or some cold weather site where the team was caught on tv Fox warming the balls during a game and nothing came about of it even though troy vincent went from the stadium booth down to the field and instructed the team to stop doing it.

• Al in MIA says:

The subject of investigation is the Patriots that’s why (and not the Colts). And 3 of 4 balls of the Colts met the PSI range using the NFL logo’d measuring device (there were 2 devices used; one logo’d device and one non-logo’d device. 3 of 4 balls using the non-logo’d device failed the test). The Colts don’t have a shady history either with the league office (spygate which saw a settlement).

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 3h3 hours ago
    Laura’s hidden talent is being able to ride a unicycle! Visit http://www.dolphinscheerleaders.com for more cheerleader fun facts.

98. Al in MIA says:

—-

• jetsssuck says:

a lot of people call me chief at the miami va I keep telling them I wasn’t a chief and I only made it to e5.

I’m going to call you Patriot if you keep defending the Pats! lol

• jetsssuck says:

i just want to c a fair and correct verdict not someone being accused and convicted falsely. I know some on here don’t care if pats or anyone gets wrongly convicted as long is it benefits dolphins

Unbelievable! Mets P Jerry Blevins reinjured his formerly fractured arm tripping off a curb. He’s done for the season.

jetssuck

I’m not sure that I want them to unfairly get punished, but I do think they tried to cheat, and are being punished for just that. Whether the psi was exaggerated or not, they were intentionally altering the pressure, there’s just far too many things pointing to that.

• jetsssuck says:

there’s just far too many things pointing to that.

Far too many things like what? So far everything that the NFL said was probable the pats have countered with counterattacks of expert witnesses. I believe one was a former fbi agent of 29 yrs that is a college professor at usc. They had a nobel prize winner rebuke the gas physics explanation that the nfl witness explained. If the Pats were guilty then why did the 3 of 4 balls become underinflated because they were cheating or the footballs lost pressure naturally. If I remember their balls were tested about 15 minutes after Pats balls and NE had the ball before halftime started. Think about that…is it natural? I know u to be one of the smartest on this board

• jetsssuck says:

If the Pats were guilty then why did the 3 of 4 COLTS footballs become underinflated because they were cheating or the footballs lost pressure naturally.

˙ɹǝʇʇᴉʍʇ ǝsn oʇ ǝʌɐɥ ʇ,uoʍ noʎ puɐ ʇᴉ ɥʇᴉʍ ssǝɹd pɹoʍ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ uᴉ ƃol uǝɥʇ puɐ ɹɐʇɐʌɐ ɹnoʎ ǝʇɐǝɹɔ puɐ ɯoɔ˙ɹɐʇɐʌɐɹƃuǝ oʇ oƃ ‘ǝǝ˥

he’s down under so I thought that would help him.

Son

Was it Joe Toledo who slipped either in the shower or in the whirlpool and screwed up his knee again?

K That was funny… son of a son of a shula says:

August 6, 2015 at 6:06 pm

We have a Lot of Poplar trees here yep.. 🙂 nice reading and short yappin… heading home now.. Happy Training Camp..

Quick fact about Poplar wood: because of its composition it actually sharpens your carbide as you cut it rather than dulling it.

wow watching preseason games is gonna cost $100 this year with game pass? that sucks

107. jetsssuck says:

any1 watching the debate tonight. I’m watching just to see Trump and how he incites the others

jetsssuck says:
    August 6, 2015 at 6:18 pm (Edit)

***
    Jetssuck

the difference between the PSI readings between the Colts and Patriots tested balls is dramatic
    the Patriots balls far below the threshold

The difference with the test results for the colts balls was more likely a result of natural release of air – b/c it was so minimal
    but levels in the PSI for the Patriots balls were too much and much greater than the Colts in the same weather

Like Mike said
    there are just far too many facts pointing to the guilt by Brady and the Patriots

Its easy for Patriots fans, ownership and even the media to poke holes int he evidence
    But when you look at the weight of the evidence as a whole
    its hard to conclude that Brady did not direct his guys to deflate the balls

The actual PSI readings are the most obvious factor that the footballs were manipulated by some one

• jetsssuck says:

levels in the PSI for the Patriots balls were too much and much greater than the Colts in the same weather—only 1 football measurement was 10.5. and all the other measured with 1 lb of legal 12.5 to 13.5 is legal psi allowed .

more likely a result of natural release of air – b/c it was so minimal. INTERESTING—the colts balls were not refilled because they were slightly underweight. 3 of 4 underweight when their qb preferred 13.psi as recorded pre game. Their balls were examined after the pats at halftime and their balls were not used right before halftime hence they were sitting in the cold weather unused in the cold. Plus they were waiting at halftime in 70-80 degrees in the referee’s locker room.

• jetsssuck says:

all the pats balls were within 1 lb legality except 1 at 10.5 psi the colts balls started at 13 yet the three of the four were not legal at halftime yet they were measured after sitting in referees 70 degree locker room longer. Something doesn’t add up

What makes the trees so popular
    are they good looking, calls president, cheerleaders?

110. jetsssuck says:

wow no one on blog said anything about 70 yr anniversary of hirshima, japan nuclear bombing

It was that 70 years ago or see another 200K American GI’s killed taking Japan.

Cool thing, the internet is. I really dig that we have fans on our blog from the UK and Australia. That rocks!

A mighty big extrnsion. At least ” thats what shesaid”

Tomorrow – Sonny with a chance of bullshit

Getterdone I live in Boynton Beach Brother.

• jetsssuck says:

i know where that is. My wife worked for a couple of weeks at the walmart in boynton. I had to drive her a couple of times. A lot of business’ off that road of 95 and plenty of other stores where you turn left(east) to reach walmart. I think I even remember a strip mall across the street from walmart.

CavalierKong says:
    August 6, 2015 at 3:22 pm

FFR,

Just watch this video in its entirety and you too will begin to believe.

kong, when i watch a video i am usually done watching it after the first 25 seconds

SPLINTERED ARM!!

118. ocalahowie says:

hi

LOL @ Rock

in other news, cant wait to just skip right past next Thursday article

121. ocalahowie says:

And why was I not informed that we got Ndomakong Suh
    GO PHINS!!!

manitobafinfan says:
    August 6, 2015 at 7:12 pm

A mighty big extrnsion. At least ” thats what shesaid”

well truth be told, she would have said ‘you spelled it wrong, and if you dont care enough about me, after all the things i do for you, cooking, cleaning washing your clothes, to actually go thru the trouble of spelling extension correctly then why in the hell should i let you put it in me’

Rob

It may not be Ask Mike, we have to get approval from Piggy. Don’t prematurely circumlocute just yet. lol

August 6, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Rob

fine, i was just trying to make you feel special but i skip every fucking article. the comments here are the entertainment. even i you all are a bunch of tent hating bastards

LOL @ Rob – I don’t hate your tent, quite the opposite. It gave us a good laugh.

Welcome Howie glad you made it. Your posts will show up now.

SUH baby he’s here!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure myself Bri. I’m on the fence.

Howie,

Wallace, Hartline, Gibson are gone
    Ellerbe, Starks and Odrick- gone

We have Kenny Stills, Greg Jennings and Devante Parker along with Jarvis Landry at receiver now.

Howie’s back! Welcome back man!

You know it’s funny, the media needs something to complain about so now that Tannehill has impressed them they’re now all about the guard position. But they’re not scouts or GMs or coaches but they know what’s up. LOL

The team will address the issue the best they can and it is what is. But this idea that one guard (Mathis) will correct all the issues is naive. It’s a collective group with the OL, 5 guys on the same page playing as a unit, not one guy, because he can’t block everyone.

We’ll go with the best 5 we have and that’s it. If we add Mathis fine, but he better be awesome or that’s a wasted acquisition at his reported price tag.

I soooo agree. All I hear is TD this and TD that all the time they can’t be that bad and we have a damn good defense.
      They see plays that go into the line for no gain and they think the world is ending.

I don’t think it’s funny. Their job is to report what’s going on, both good and bad. There are always weak spots, and their job is to point them out.

Howie

Marino is STILL not the QB.

ocalahowie says:
    August 6, 2015 at 7:36 pm

And why was I not informed that we got Ndomakong Suh
    GO PHINS!!!

the hell with that, who cares? did you not here the real big news??????? ask mike will be back next week.

133. ocalahowie says:

Hi Guys
    It took me all off season to figure out how to get this new site going and the young lady another 3 hours to find my old Gravaar stuff so I could actually post 😉
    THANKS SON 🙂

Mike, I guess I just don’t trust the South Florida sports media anymore because they’re filled with agendas.

Ever notice I don’t go bonkers about the positive reports? Because I don’t really know what they’re seeing. This is practice and it’s different than a game.

Some reporters have more of an agenda than others, but I would think all of them realize that the 2 guard spots are a weakness right now.

135. ocalahowie says:

wow on Hartline and I pretty much figured those D guys would be gone.

It’s one of the reasons why I love the Mets broadcasters. They totally keep it real. They don’t just blindly root and spew unicorn dust, they tell it like it is. I LOVE THAT!!!

• Brian in NY says:

Yup. I loved Gary Thorne .

I love the trio we have right now. All very knowledgeable, and they just tell it like it is. Gary Cohen knows as much about the Mets as anyone on the earth. he knows his shit!. Keith knows all the correct fundamentals, and Ron darling too.

137. ocalahowie says:

Only thing is, will I be able to get on here in the morning when I try to do this myself 😦

ocalahowie says:
    August 6, 2015 at 8:04 pm

howie, sounds like you need a lady for the morning as well as one for the evening too.

Watch Michael Liedtke win a starting guard spot when it’s all said and done. LOL

Tim, we’ll see what’s what next Friday. Turner and Douglas will probably both play the whole first half.

I see Pouncey leaving the game early with the 1st team but other guys going a little longer, even Fox and James. They need the work.

Howie. We also have a former Pro Bowl TE now , but lost Clay to the Jills

Mets fans, the Nats are chirping it’s their division to lose. Well sorry, if the season ended today you’re out and the Mets are in the playoffs. So it’s your division to win. 🙂

I know some people find it annoying when I’m negative about the O-line, but I’m legitimately concerned about it, because it could totally derail our success, and we’re close to being what we need to be. It would be a shame to be let down by one unit, and it seems like there’s always something. My thoughts are if Albert is out the first couple of games, and you have a rookie LG next to Jason Fox, that could be disastrous. Could be, not definitely, but it could be. Even if Albert is playing, he likely won’t be 100%

lmfao, gruden is such a fucking idiot. i dont know if this will work but i hope you guys can see this tweet.

and nothing against tanne, just the shit fuckface says is all wrong

145. ocalahowie says:

Thanks for the info
    Caught up on the whole off season iv 45 minutes
    GO PHINS!!!

And IF Tanny goes down to injury regardless of how we screwd anyways. Take a note from Tim. Always Look on thr Bright Sude of Life🎵🎶

Nice of you to finally show up Howie

August 6, 2015 at 8:18 pm

yeah, we all liked it better when you were giving us assurances how well martin was going to do.

149. ocalahowie says:

Blah-blah- blah
    Gruden says that every year and every time we are on MNF
    Hopefully this year he can finally say, I TOLD YOU SO!
    GO PHINS!!!

150. ocalahowie says:

DOLPHINS-REDSKINS
    GO PHINS 😉

Jets: expos became the Nationals

howie,

it was more the idiotic shit out of his mouth about the same system at a & m and about the o line. he is just an idiot.

Webb was the 9th overall pick, and Sims was the 39th pick. It’s not rookies, I loved me some Ju’Wuan James, you KNOW I did. I think they waited a little too long to get a starting G, that’s my opinion.

Draft status doesn’t always matter as you know. I see people falling over themselves over our 5th rd picks, all 4 of them. LOL

Ouch Rob! That was rough! lol

OCALA HOWIE: Just to make you totally feel at home, I pick the Fins over Da Bears next Thursday 20-10. YOU GOT DAT, BRUDDER??? Welcome back!!

I remember another # 9 overall. Mr Git Outta Bounds

DBolt: I absolutely LOVED the “Self Help video.” My earliest recollections are of life in an orphanage in Canada. I was luckier than most at that point. And I went on to be even luckier than that when I was brought to the states. My father told me “The harder I work the luckier I’vce gotten!” –AMEN!

Howie

Dolphins 1,876.314 Bears 3

Right it down

159. ocalahowie says:

But Gruden is like the only one that likes us.
    Now Collinsworth and Berman uhhh!

Did the extra point get moved back this year? Or only in cfl

161. ocalahowie says:

Not going there
    We never do the pre-season
    Season VII coming up in about for weeks from tomorrow…
    HELL YEAH!!!

manitobafinfan says:
    August 6, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Did the extra point get moved back this year?

not sure, but according to piggy’s prediction they now have fractions of points

August 6, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Ouch Rob! That was rough! lol

lol, sorry. here let me make it up to you. i promise to scan the ask mike for the BOTW

Phone dying. Have good one people and critters

lmfao…..trump with the Rosie comment. he gets my vote. i mean the presidency is a joke why not vote for the funniest guy.

168. ocalahowie says:

Yeah, gotta go….
    Great to be back and thanks for all the welcomes.
    GO PHINS!!!
    HELL YEAH!

169. Good morning…My Game Pass will automatically renew tomorrow(your7th),cost is the same in USD but because of the currency difference this year it will cost me $40.00AUD more. Last year I got all the oreseason games live and all of the RS games. Most weeks I stay up and watch the Phins live.
    I got my renewal first about 3-4 weeks ago and then the second one just over a week ago. So I don’t know why GD didn’t get his.

170. I will go into Gravatar and try to work it out from there to join up. Thanks for the advice. I rarely go into twitter or facebook.

171. jetsssuck says:

next up on debate is obama’s foreign policies

172. jetsssuck says:

damn that carson guy is right on about our military cuts.

173. jetsssuck says:

huckably is correct about the social experiment of gays,transgenders not working in military.

• jetsssuck says:

the newest a/c carrier has no urinals Ford,the next new a/c carrier is JFK. I have been given permission to have my ashes when I die to be thrown at sea. The JFK was my first tour of a/c carrier I served on.

174. jetsssuck says:

rubio was right about the va–but he was wrong in the number of va employee’s who got fired. I think it was only 3 people at va who got fired. Shame veterans died because of bureaucrats falsifying records

175. jetsssuck says:
    August 6, 2015 at 10:32 pm
    what time is it there?

Right now it is 1.10pm

176. Friday,we are 13and a half ahead of you. I have been flitting in and out of here today. I’m retired so I spend a lot of time just doing bugger all.

177. ukfinfan says:

Test

178. Try Pod says:

Looks like international hour here- just need Manitoba to show up…