It’s GAME DAY!!!!

Game 2

Miami Dolphins @ Jacksonville Jaguars

header(Header from CBS Sports)

On the Road Again

It’s week 2 and despite a less than stellar start in week 1 against the Redskins, the Dolphins are 1-0 and again are on the road against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars have 4 players ruled out on the injury report and several more dinged up. For the Dolphins, only Dion Sims is ruled out, with Cam Wake, Reshad Jones and Derrick Shelby as questionable.

Dolphins

Gratz, Dwayne CB Ankle   Out
Greene, Rashad WR Back  probable
Joeckel, Luke OT Ankle  questionable
Lee, Marqise WR Hamstring  probable
Marks, Sen’Derrick DT  Knee  Out
Thomas, Julius TE Hand  Out

I’d like to see the Dolphins come out looking prepared and ready. I’d like to see them play 4 full quarters of football and dominate.  And finally, I’d like to be 2-0 at the end of this game.

No live chat today. It’s better to have everyone able to participate.

Go Dolphins!!!

Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,328 Responses to It’s GAME DAY!!!!

1. CaliGigi says:

Have a good night folks…only 5:15 here so will enjoy rest of the day.

2. naplesfan2010 says:

R. Matthews 6 115 0 48
    J. Landry 8 110 0 36
    J. Cameron 3 62 0 26
    Great passing numbers, plus Tannehill made great TD throws to a PS TE and a walk-on RB.

September 20, 2015 at 8:11 pm

OK, guys let’s not get personal here. C’mon, you guys are better than that.

see, i am ok with it. if piggy feels he needs to get personal and do that with me, i dont care. i wont get to his level. i will even help him out.

here’ i missed most of the second half, i was busy with sanchez and our gerbils.

September 20, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Maybe you should go fuck yourself instead
    or tell us how you skipped over everything we wrote

If you are going to skip over the blogs we write everyday
    Than maybe you can do it for my posts you don;t like too
    Instead of being a hypercritical fuckface

lmao, yeah what was that about only one person making personal attacks

Well it appears to be getting ugly again after a koss. I am out. Please play nicely kids. Hope next week shows better effort, preparation and results. Night

mike,

difference is i know how to be pissed off with a loss, guess someone else doesnt. but none of it is personal. not like i am going to lose any sleep over his comments

I don’t think Tanny is the real problem. We gave up over 100 yards on the ground, and over 270 in the air. We spent $100M + on Suh because we were underwhelming on defense, and we’re still underwhelming. We played against 2 sub par O-lines, and they manhandled our front seven two games in a row. I can’t see how we can’t be worried about the defense. Did everyone forget how dominant we would be, how much better the run defense would be, and how many sacks Wake and Vernon would have with Suh on the line? ZERO, after 8 quarters, against 2 of the lesser teams in the NFL.

MIKE: I HOPE you saw my comment about the 2nd round draft pick. I’m OUT FOR TONIGHT. Thanks, again, to Ross, Tannenbaum, and Philbin for spoiling another Dolphins’ season!! –CAN’T WAIT to see the signs at the Buffalo game!!!

8. bat says:

“He can;t slide to the right or left to save his life”

Piggy … This is one of the major issues I have with Tannehill. As bad as the o-line can be, a QB with his athleticism should be able to help them out a bit. His first move when he feels pressure is always to retreat. That pretty much kills the play right there. His pocket presence and awareness should be much better at this point in his career.

He really lacks any pocket presence whatsoever

the OL is not as bad as he makes it look
      Its not just him

its all the running from the shotgun

I’ve been saying it for a long time
      the design of the offense is problematic
      opposing DLs just get to tee off
      it doesn’t matter if its a run or a pass bc we are in shiotgun and they can get the RB behind the line

plus just one move to the right/left makes a difference

September 20, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Yeah
    you are being so classy

why, cause i questioned you just blaming just tanny? sorry, i can just see there is more then just him as the problem

No b/c you called me a “joke” for expressing my opinion

You can go fuck yourself if you think that is classy
      its not
      I didn;t call you a joke for expressing yours

Let’s keep cooler heads than jumping each other like a bunch of Jests or Jills fans…lol

C’mon guys….it’s a game….jump the team, but not each other even if you don’t agree with a dumb or misplaced comment….us some tact!
    You know, tact…..just don’t borrow any from Philbin & staff. 😉

“lmfao, what a joke you are. so i have this straight. suh and his 3 tackles and two games or what the fuck ever he has. but the dl and 1 sack is all the coaching but tanny and the o line has nothing to do with coaching they just suck. yeah great. please tell us you had a lot to drink tonight.”

^^^
    Mr. Class Act here
    Hey you guys – its just Piggy, Its not me

Says FFROb

I think Piggy and FFR should take a break. No need to take this any further, and say something worse to regret. Seriously. I’m saying this as a friend

OD

I saw it. Believe me, no one was pining for O-line help here more than me. I think we’re paying for it.

hey guys, lets put this to rest.

it was all me, i was the low life classless one. there piggy happy now. lets go back to you just blaming the qb.

Bat, Tanny did make a few plays breaking away from a collapsing pocket and unchecked rushers.
    I’m sorry he could make them all. Maybe Fran Tarkenton can. 😉

16. bat says:

This is a lousy football team. Very few can claim to be unsoiled. The rot and poison go from top to bottom of the organization. The very air in South Florida reeks of failure and dismay. There is more than enough blame to go around.

Mike E & OD, do ya really think an OL from the second round would have made a difference the last 2 weeks…I mean, C’MON??? 🙄

September 20, 2015 at 8:22 pm

No b/c you called me a “joke” for expressing my opinion

wow really, so a thin skinned pig. so for that you went way the fuck over the top. know what, dont really care. i take all the blame. happy now. we will alllllllll forget you comments.

19. naplesfan2010 says:

Piggs and FFR you are agreeing guys! The team sucks and you both know it and it hurts like hell to watch them self-destruct like that. It’s not FFR and it’s not the Flying Pig. Both you guys are hilarious and astute commentators. And you are both right. Tannehill MUST make winning plays and the DL, OL, STs, DBs, and LBs MUST play better.

September 20, 2015 at 8:21 pm

I think Piggy and FFR should take a break.

why, i dont need a break. he said what he said about me. i dont really care so you shouldnt either.

Bat,
    Tony Montana f’ked up Miami….SMH
    BTW, How is he doing down there ?

22. bat says:

GDP .. Tanny should be better than that. It’s not like it’s a surprise at this point that the o-line will play poorly. I really think Bazooka Joe and Sherman ruined him early by pounding it in his head to hang in the pocket. That’s fine if you have a decent o-line, but with our clowns, it’s suicide.

GDP

Before the scandal with La’el Collins, I wanted to take him in the 1st RD. How’s Parker doing right about now? Is he up to 3 snaps a game yet?

24. Try Pod says:

I know why Tim stays away after a loss- it gets ugly easily.

Rob

I obviously DO care, or I wouldn’t have said that. I know tempers are flaring, and that’s fine as long as you guys can resolve it later on. I just don’t want it to escalate.

26. ocalahowie says:

Why are these young punk QB’s connecting on these 60+yd bombs yet Tanny in his 4th year
    Probably never had one complete through the air for over 37yds

He just doesn;t throw deep
      and it drives me crazy

it hurts the whole offense

• Try Pod says:

It is not his game. He started as a qb later than most. He could get away with shit in college that he can’t in the pros. He’s good, but he’s peaked, and this is what we have. Even if the Oline was better, he would silk get sacked and still miss open receivers- even the best do. But he would miss them more often because he’s what he is.

‘How’s Parker doing right about now? Is he up to 3 snaps a game yet?’

lol, pretty sure a few weeks ago all the fins draft picks the last two years were all world. hickey was the savior over ireland. why i have said over and over lets just wait to see what the season has. so far nothing looks good.

and dont even mean you were saying that about hickey

28. naplesfan2010 says:

I think what you said about the opposing DL being able to just blindly speed-rush on every play and hardly ever be wrong is where the problem is. We have some really good OL but they rarely get to punch somebody in the face. They are constantly retreating.

GDP

I’m sure Collins would be the 2nd best or 3rd best O-lineman on our team,

Fun plane ride home to Miami for the players….sad thing is I bet they show more emotion on the ride home than they did in the damn game….SMH!
    (brought to you by the makers of Bazooka Joe gum wrappers with enlightening cartoons)

31. bat says:

Lazor’s offense: Five yard slants and hooks. Quick WR screens. Slow developing stretch plays out of the shotgun. …I believe that covers it …

mike,

pretty sure i got the pigs opinion about me. it is ok, like i say over and over this is a blog. i am not going to lose any sleep over his opinion of me. he said what he thought about me. all i said was his comment blaming just tanny was a joke if that was what he thought

getterdone says:
    September 20, 2015 at 8:28 pm
    Collins the back up in Dallas? 🙄
    September 20, 2015 at 8:30 pm
    That’s the best O-line in football.
    ___________________________________
    Says the OL that got Romo executed like a guillotine….LOL

34. bat says:

rob ..I think the entire organization is a joke. ..I hope that helps …lol

bat says:
    September 20, 2015 at 8:32 pm

nope, you forgot about long running stretch plays on 4th and short, the strong rushing for 15 yards a game and dont forget the ever popular qb sack play

bat says:
    September 20, 2015 at 8:32 pm
    Bingo, hence the troubles with Tanny & the whole offense!

37. naplesfan2010 says:

How many plays did the Jaguars look confused or even stressed? Our OC seems to not put defenses on their heels, never seems to take the fight to them.

bat says:
    September 20, 2015 at 8:34 pm

rob ..I think the entire organization is a joke.

well kind of. like i said earlier. calling them a joke is suck an insult to comedians every where

39. bat says:

rob … Ok ..then they’re a bad joke …

Nevermind a HC, We have 2 coaches who claim to be Offensive Coordinators and neither can game plan or make calls with this talented offense

bat says:
    September 20, 2015 at 8:38 pm

rob … Ok ..then they’re a bad joke …

lmfao, yeah they are a rosie o’donnell stand up act

Ok, will the Seabuzzards also start 0-2 after a lil revenge from the Chili-packers?

43. naplesfan2010 says:

I would cut Bowman. He just ran alongside his guy until the guy smashed into Landry full speed right as the ball came down. Then he whiffed on a flag football tackle. then he held the next time.

44. bat says:

“Same as it ever was …Same as it ever was”

Talking Heads “Once in a Lifetime”

getter,

yeah the coordinators are horrible also, but for me it all starts with the head coach. they are his coordinators after all

Tanny had a better Y/A & QBR than Brady today, & Terrific Tom lost a fumble. Must be all the long bombs connecting 90% of the time that is winning them games.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Blake Bortles was not sacked today. He was sacked more than anyone last year and five times last week.

Okay

well I Iost faith in Tannehill
    no matter how others try to attack that position

He is just not getting better as a QB
    I’m not talking about the skill set
    I’m talking about the mind of a QB

dumping it off to Cameron on the free play left me thinking WTF
    he doesn’t move well in the pocket
    doesn;t exploit defensive breakdowns
    leaves big plays on the field
    In his 4th season I would expect him to start acting like a QB, and I don;t think he has does that

for every great pass there is another bad pass
    I think a lot of fans are margializing it
    He is really underwhelming and we need to stop blaming the OL and receivers around him

There is a lot fo good things he does
    but he really nexs to take the next step

Just my opinion
    I don;t look to the highest paid contract on the team to blame

I think one players play makes a difference in this game and I think its Tannehill

49. bat says:

GDP ..Brady’s line is permitted to hold, so it’s not a fair comparison.

50. naplesfan2010 says:

When I say Tannehill is not the problem, I don’t mean he is not missing some open men because he is. and that he is not misfiring a few important throws because he does. And he invites some sacks. I say he is not the problem because he has been trained to do all that. Trained to narrow how much of the field he uses and NOT trained on how and when to properly throw the ball away.

• Try Pod says:

So he’s A problem, but not THE problem? Not being a smart ass, just trying to understand your thoughts.

• naplesfan2010 says:

The problem is the runs and blocks are not “downhill” … the plays are not “quick-hitting.” The offense is not dynamic. Dynamic means capable of change on the fly.

At this stage of his career his training is what he is

He probably won;t be better than that

I think a little more pocket awareness and a little more willingness on his part to throw deep is what makes us team that can win consistently

getterdone says:
    September 20, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Right, my point was Philbin was supposed to be an OC too…. 🙄

ok missed that, didnt know you were talking about bloe

naplesfan2010 says:
    September 20, 2015 at 8:50 pm

When I say Tannehill is not the problem,

i agree he is NOT the problem, he is just part of the problem. and just like someone else on the team he is a very expensive problem. but lets not point out the most expensive player in the league has done nothing in two games

Piggy

Manhattan? I don’t get it

Nothing has changed. Team starts lethargic, gets behind early. D gives up too many big plays, doesn’t seem to make effective adjustments until the 2nd half. No run game. Oline can’t run block and spotty in pass blocking. QB can’t make plays in the 1st or 4th QTs. Questionable coaching on both sides of the ball. It just feels like I’m watching the same team as the last couple years.

• Try Pod says:

Bit everything’s different, now!

Try Pod says:
        September 20, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Bit everything’s different, now!
        ————————
        That wasn’t a ritz. I just got some plain old crackers…

I agree

except I caution that with its early int he season
      and the team should not be a long way away from what it was at the end of last season

I’m less concerned with the defense than I am with the offense
      I don;t see any solution for the running game being sporatic when we run ftom the shotgun every play
      I don’t see any solution for our lack of scoring when we play a short passing game and anything other than a quick pass leads to a QB sack or an overthrow

Maybe work in a non-shotgun set and be more willing to launch it downfield and it goes a long way IMO

The defense will work itself out IMO

September 20, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Piggy

Manhattan? I don’t get it

well you should have offered the indians more then two pieces of corn then you could of got it

I know it’s hot in here but this team deserves to lose. Evan Mathis was had for a couple pieces of NFL bubble gum and we have two garbage OGs playing. The whole team is crap.

Defense- almost allowed 300 yards by half. No aspect looks good. Secondary roasted, run stoppers missing, tackling non-existant.

Offense- Tanny played well but he doesn’t have ANY help. NO run game. Poor blockers, lots of drive killing penalties.

STs- couldn’t dig the rest of the team out today.

Whole team sucks and I cant wait for another group of coaches to try and make us just decent again.

Piggy

No, I missed that. Where can I find it?

great leave it to the monkey to come in and recap everything in one paragraph

59. bat says:

Manhattan?? …More like a hobo camp down by the railroad tracks ….

LOL
      I don’t know why they were acting like they were elite, but maybe now is the time to rethink that

I rally do think these guys can be elite
      and in time they will be

We’re getting out coached every week

61. naplesfan2010 says:

ok guys let’s hope Philbin rode a bike back to Davie so he would have a loooooong time to think about the definition of the product he is putting on the field. He does not get his men ready. And he does not tailor his game plans to the specifics of the opposition. He is stubborn and stiff and set in his ways, especially during the game.

If they are Manhattan then I hate to see Queens.

LMAO, I so disagree with ya Pig on Tanny….has the rest of team become so bad that unless he’s perfect and Marino or Unitas very series then the loss is on him?

I mean 360 yds passing, near 70% comp NO INT’s, the leading rusher on the team….yeah, we could use a better QB that isn’t so underwhelming.
    I say we look to the draft in 2016 or trade Russell Wilson…I bet Tanny would appreciate playing under more proper coaching.

• New Age says:

He does leave plays on the field but the coaching is so awful. Why does he HAVE TO pass so much? Why always in shotgun? Where is the damn support? Why didn’t we get Mathis for cheap? Guy is handicapped every week.

Its not visible on the stat line
      and that is part of the problem

When he gets a little bit of pressure its over
      He can’t step away and make a player miss
      and then we blame the OL
      He doesn;t do a very good job at all of sensing the pas rush
      His pocket presence is shit and has been his entire career

That fumble by him last week was horrible ball security on his part
      He just doesn’t show natural instincts in the pocket

In year 4 I think he needs to show that

He also just seems to be unwilling at times to sing it downfield
      And he needs to do that occassionally

The lack of running game is not his fault
      I just think its poor design
      I hate the running from the shotgun
      I’ve said that about 1000 times
      and I blame the caoching for that which doesn;t help Tanny

If they just work in a single back set I think they fix that problem

64. bat says:

“I really do think these guys can be elite
    and in time they will be”

Of course that won’t be until next season, and playing for another team.

See post above…BINGO.
      Miami coaches are talent wasters! Progress stoppers! Cock blockers! (hey, there’s some blocking finally) 😉

We’re not a good team right now. I have no idea where the pass rush is and the OL still has issues. I also hate Lazor’s offense. Maybe we can call another stretch play to Miller with 3 defenders all over it for no gain or a loss. Very frustrating. We had multiple opportunities to win this game and didn’t.

Go Sam!

“Maybe we can call another stretch play to Miller with 3 defenders all over it for no gain or a loss.”
      ____
      Ugh,I am so sick of seeing that play

Piggy

UGH! Thanks. Fuck him! He’s lost his damn stripes as far as I’m concerned. He’s invisible in the home stretch every year, and he’s been invisible so far with Wake on the line. Maybe he needs to get back to reality.

bat says:
    September 20, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Manhattan?? …More like a hobo camp down by the railroad tracks ….

yeah, i mean isnt that what manhattan is.

Typical uninspiring effort by a philbin coached team. No sense of urgency.

LET’S GO SAM!!! LET’S GO METS!!!

looks like romo is done for the year, maybe the fins can trade them tanny for their first round pic. now why do i think dallas would do that and all of a sudden be a real contender

You can win with tanny if he has a semi decent blocking and play calling

New Age,
    Mathis has been pretty bad for the Broncos the past two weeks.

Amen, Go Sam….hope n pray he’s rebounding slowly but surely.
    That’s more crucial than a Phins win any day and twice on Sunday 😉

I think Tannehill is a good QB, but I’m not sure if he will be much more than that. I thought he would be after this preseason, but I am beginning to doubt that. He doesn’t have that “it” factor that some of the more successful QB’s have.

If you were looking at just the 4th qtr of the game, I think the answer would be “no” he is not

I can respect the other problems with the team people have mentioned

but I see a Qb with a chance to take over an win a game and who doesn’t do that

It was there for him today

In terms of the running game

try to keep in mind that Sims was out this week and Stoneburner is not known for his run blockign
    Plus we have no FB

The design is porbably an issue here as well

Maybe if we had 3 TEs or more or a FB???

but there is just not a lot of versatility with the personel they keep…which is of course by design

BoulderPhinfan says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:12 pm
    You can win with tanny if he has a semi decent blocking and play calling

Noooo, he’s expected to ride in on a white horse and punt, pass, & kick the Dolphins to victory every sunday. 😉

The one positive to take away from the game is that Tannehill hit some deep balls. One was the tip to Matthews but still a nice play. Nice one to Landry as well. I also like the one where he was on the run and hit Cameron. The problem for us on offense today was the absolute lack of a run game. After a while the Jags just pinned their ears back and came after Tannehill. Odrick looked like the player we thought should be but never was.

That deep ball to Matthews was a horrible throw and the longest pass of Tanny’s career I think…

It wasn’t a horrible throw. It was a great play by the defender to get his hand on the ball but it still had enough muscle on it to get to the WR

getterdone says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:03 pm

LMAO, I so disagree with ya Pig on Tanny…

uh oh, careful there. you dont want to do that.

Yeah
      he manages not to be a dick about it when he disagrees
      and I’m sure unlike you he won;t try to play the victim
      so don;t worry about GDP
      instead correct your own behavior and you wont; ever have to cry about confrontation again

79. bat says:

Tannehill isn’t good enough to carry a team massively flawed on both sides of the ball and hampered by inept coaching and coordinators.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

Exactly. The problem is not tanny. Its are incompetent coaching. I’ve been saying this for 3 years now. Philbin brings nothing to the table. Nothing

• Try Pod says:

He is not as carry the team type of qb. He may occasonally win a game for you, but you will never be able to count on it, or even have a reasonable expectation he can do it, and the next level qb does that for you.

‘Noooo, he’s expected to ride in on a white horse and punt, pass, & kick the Dolphins to victory every sunday. ;)’

yep, that pretty much sums it up. who cares the rest of the team is horrible. it is all cause tanny is horrible they lose.

Tannehill is fine and he is not the problem. He is not going to single handedly carry a team to victory when that team can’t stop the run, can’t run the ball and can’t pass block. But Tannehill could win a lot of games. He is not the reason we lost today and if we were who are we really going to get to replace him that’s better?

• BoulderPhinfan says:

No one. He’s fine. It’s everything else

he is a problem

He could have won the game for us

Andy Dalton, Alex Smith Tyrod Taylor

those guys can;t run or pass block either
      but you hand them the keys to the car for situations like Tanny had today and you don;t hesitate to call them out on it

I’m not saying bench Tanny
      but I am saying he hurt the team today and

Brian in NY says:
    September 20, 2015 at 12:36 pm
    September 20, 2015 at 11:45 am
    Jacksonville has a good pass rush (45 sacks last year) so our OL better clean up some shit.
    Odrick is on Jax this year as well. I always felt a lot of people here didn’t give him credit. He wasn’t Suh, but he was still a good player for us.
    September 20, 2015 at 12:47 pm
    Odrick is a solid player but not a big impact guy.
    I stand corrected. Suh wasn’t Odrick today.

83. bat says:

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 6s6 seconds ago
    DE Cameron Wake admits the Dolphins defense needs to be fixed http://fw.to/w0onczR

Now isn’t that some astute analysis. Real inside stuff there …

BoulderPhinfan says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Exactly. The problem is not tanny.

yes, that is very true but tanny is part of the problem

September 20, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Yeah
    he manages not to be a dick about it when he disagrees

i think we all saw your side piggy, just let it go.

Ken,
    It’s a team loss, no one shouldn’t be blamed for today. They definitely need to run more, but we also need to see more from Tannehill when it counts.

Tanny isn’t the next coming of Luck but he’s pretty damn good. He isn’t Rodgers or even Rivers but look at the Saints. No running game, play out of the shotgun, no damn defense. If Brees can’t do it, why expect Tanny to?

Tanny’s problems start with an offense that is built for Manning and there’s only one of him. Why we don’t use the run to help mask Tanny’s weaknesses is ridiculous. Why we run the same base defense and offense without any damn game planning is beyond me. Why do we look like our guys just got off the boat from Somolia last year and don’t understand the game yet?

‘ever have to cry about confrontation again’

lmao really. you do get this is just a blog. i wouldnt call anything here ‘confrontation’. but if you feel like you confronted me and made me cry ok. more power to ya.

Brian in NY says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Ken,
    It’s a team loss, no one shouldn’t be blamed for today.

yeah pretty much what i have been saying. see, every one should listen to brian, he is a genius

Piggy, “I can respect the other problems with the team people have mentioned

but I see a Qb with a chance to take over an win a game and who doesn’t do that

It was there for him today”

It was there for the coaches to make the adjustments & calls today.
    We must watch 2 different games…smh. The coaches consistently put him in bad positions, to the point where he has to be near perfect when he finally does get a decently called play & then decently executed play by the other 10 guys on the field.
    Apparently 108+ QGR and 365 yds passing & 69% comp & leading the team in Rushing isn’t enough for him in this wonderful offensive system.

Miami’s WCO = Worst Called Offense 😯

We need a QB that we can get more out of….where is that guy?

There are only a handful of those Qb in the NFl
        I hoped that Tanny would be one of them
        I don;t think he is

• Try Pod says:

Stats do not wins make. It’s like book smarts and street smarts- he seems to have the academics, but does not seem to have the “sometimes you have to go of script” aspect in him.

The penalties on both offense and defense had a lot to do with the loss.

September 20, 2015 at 9:27 pm

what happened to “let it go” ?

you made me laugh. i had to enjoy it. did you not see the lmao.

I don’t know what more Tannehill could have done today. He was running for his life in the 4th quarter. Jason Fox was a turnstyle. Not really sure where his opportunity to win the game for us was. It seemed to me Tannehill, Landry and Matthews where the only guys making plays for us and in the 4th quarter Jax just decided to sell out and rush Tannehill every down and our OL couldn’t handle it.

Ken

really

He missed a wide open WR for a first down as our final offensive play
      He missed a lot of receivers throughout the game
      He just isn’t playing like a smart QB
      He can;t avoid the pass rush
      he makes bad throws
      The tape on Tannehill misses this season is pretty heavy

New Age says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:24 pm

just thought that was worth repeating.

Bat,

Part of the problem is in that video. Wake has talked for 4-5 years about needing to win that’ one play’. We should be dominating most of the game so that ‘one play’ isn’t needed to win a game. If we could play like the Pat and crush the Bills early, then comebacks fall short. If we did start fast ant any point in the past 3 years, we might not be a perennial 8-8 snooze-fest. I would be ashamed if I was these guys.

I’m calling out Coyle as well, Truth be told, I hate that motherfucker, and it’s just because our defense has been inconsistent since he’s been here. The defense has undoubtedly played better in the second half, so what, does he not watch any fucking flim on the opponent during the week? I’ll give him credit for making some halftime adjustments but he needs to draw up a better defensive game plan for the first half. We can’t be playing catch up all year in this league or it’s going to get us right where we are right now at the end of the season- .500.

New Age, I guess Indy fans are looking to replace Luck after that showing on the road in Buffalo….his white horse was a broken sway back mule & his shining armor was pitted pot metal.

getterdone says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:28 pm

We need a QB that we can get more out of….where is that guy?

well we need a qb that can play d line and rush the passer, or lb and cover some one. or hell one that can play d line and block. when tanny can do all that then he will be elite. till then all losses are his fault

Well it’s just one game in a long season. This cast of characters aren’t going anywhere this year. Let’s hope they can get it together. Go phins!

I’m with New Age and Ken. There aren’t a lot of QB’s I’d rather have. It’s the way we run our offense, and the fact that our defense hasn’t imposed itself on the other team in the least yet.

September 20, 2015 at 9:31 pm

No, I let it go
    Try it out
    no one is paying attention to you anyway

lmao, yet you let it go. you are really making me laugh tonight. you are on a roll tonight

We have a lot of talented players , we should be seeing better results. Lots of plays by lots of players cost us huge. Jennings drop comes to mind early, OV personal foul late. And many others we did enough badly today to spread the blame everywhere. It is starting to become clearer that the playcalling on both sides is not getting it done.

Ken says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:28 pm
    I’m not saying he didn’t play well, but he din’t play well enough to win. He missed a few receviers who were WIDE open, and he shouldn’t be missing on those throws at this stage of his career. He held the ball too long on that sack near the goal line, he’s got to get rid of that sooner (Fox was part of that problem I know). There was a free play in the 3rd or fourth quarter and what does he do? He throws it about 5-7 yards out to the left for a minimal game instead of taking a shot down field. Again, I’m not killing him, but he needs to make those types of plays. That is what will separate him from being a good QB to a very good QB.

Every QB even the Mannings Bradys and Brees of this league miss an open WR probably a couple of time every game. I think there was only one pass he really was off mark on today. The pass to Jennings in the 1st quarter. He missed Cameron at one point too but he was about to get crushed and probably rushed that throw a little bit.

104. bat says:

New Age … Agreed .. Having to rely on winning that one play even when matched up against the dregs of the league is a huge part of the problem …

GDP,
    Luck took his team to the AFC Championship with a poor OL last year.

‘I’m not saying he didn’t play well, but he din’t play well enough to win’

yes that is true, just like it is true for every player and coach.

One thing this team does well is the short yardage run play defense. Goaline and less than 1 to go we are stout.

108. ocalahowie says:

Notice how they kept focusing on that corner who had never played before? If that was Brady he would have attacked him on his very 1st play in and again again. Instead with us the only attention that kid got was chasing down Tanny for an Inc.

They meaning the announcers, yes. Why WE didn’t focus on it, meaning Lazor, Philbin and the Dolphins, I can’t imagine why.

I’m struggling with these thoughts:
    Are our players not as talented as we think they are? Or is it simply poor coaching? Both? I do wonder if losing Kacy Rodgers is affecting this line, but it wans’t that good towards the end of last year anyway.

I’m having the same struggle. We keep shuffling players in and out and the results stay the same it’s got to be the coaching, right? We still have a lot of season left but if this shit continues I’m all for firing all three of them

• manitobafinfan says:

Stills was a good player with NO. He’s invisible here so far. Suh has not suddenly turned to shit . Is RT Rodgers or Manning no but he is better than a lot. This leaves me with game planning and play calling

September 20, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I’m with New Age and Ken. There aren’t a lot of QB’s I’d rather have.

exactly. there is only one rogers, shady or manning. tanny is about like the rest of the group of average qb’s. you really think wilsons 4ints in the nfc championship game is what got them to the SB. this team has a lot of other problems they need to fix before fixing tanny

111. bat says:

Playing like crap against Washington and somehow stealing a win was fools gold and enabled the sense of complacency that led to today’s embarrassing debacle.

finfanrob says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:37 pm
    ‘I’m not saying he didn’t play well, but he din’t play well enough to win’

yes that is true, just like it is true for every player and coach.
    Oh I know. I’ve said many times that everyone is to blame. I’m not absolving one player though…

Brian,
    I know….with an assist from a crap division….Luck is good, & all QB’s have rough days.
    But when your QB is 108 QBR, 68% passing for 365 yards, no INT’s…that should equate to a WIN, no matter if you’re playing the super bowl champs each time.
    It reeks of huge failure everywhere else vs. the few scattered failures by Tanny on a play here or there.

To me the real problem was giving up that FG at the end of the 1st half. That swing when Franks missed a 42 yarder and then with 18 seconds Jax gets themselves in position to try a 58 yarder and they make it. Inexcusable imo. That is where the game was lost.

115. ocalahowie says:

Hey, we only gave up 1 more point in two games than the Patriots did just today
    WERE GOOD

bat says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Playing like crap against Washington and somehow stealing a win was fools gold

that isnt true. washington beat the powerful SB champs, (well like 10 years ago) rams today. so at least we know the fins should beat those powerful rams

Howie, you made a good point on our coaches Philbin/Lazor, not calling plays to go after that practice squad graduate covering Juice 1 on 1….I said the same thing real time….I was like WTF, are the coaches that ill prepared???
    Apparently they are!

118. ocalahowie says:

yes MikeE the announcers (good catch)
    Friggin Brady would have been all over that the instant that dude got his butt up from the bench

119. bat says:

Ken … As inexcusable as that sequence was, we were still in a tie game with a less than average team midway through the third quarter. Forget anything that happened up until that point, teams that are to be taken seriously win that game.

ocalahowie says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Hey, we only gave up 1 more point in two games than the Patriots did just today
    WERE GOOD

lol, yeah, now if we could just play the pats for 16 games.

I think one of the biggest problems we have is the stupid running out of the shotgun all the time and not having a FB on our roster. It makes a huge difference in the run game. I just don’t get why we don’t have a FB on the roster. Not one. I hate that.

ken,

not that i pretend to know football in any detail. but it isnt like they have the o line to line up under center and just pound the ball.

Ok guys, I’m out. I’m incredibly frustrated not only because we lost, but we look like the same fcuking team with the EXACT same problems we had towards the end of last year. I guess they were banking on Suh being able to change that but obviously that is not the case. I really wish they would have fired Coyle during the offseason. Maybe we could have had someone come in who could coach the supposed talent on this team. Goodnight all.

Bat:
    I get that that we tied up the game but in breaking down what happened at the end of the half it was a six point swing. Franks makes that kick and then Jax likely doesn’t get their FG. Ball game. You can’t have mental mistakes like that with 18 seconds left in the half and we made a huge mental mistake on the PI call. It was stupid.

• Brian in NY says:

If we were that good then a 6 point swing against a team like Jacksonville shouldn’t have mattered. As Mike said earlier, we are in for a rude awakening.

Must Win game facing us already in week 3….SMH

getterdone says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Must Win game facing us already in week 3….SMH

not if we want a new coaching staff

FFR:
    In theory our OL should be decent run blocker, especially for a zone blocking scheme and trap/pulling scheme. In particular that is where Pouncey excels and where Dallas Thomas should be at his best as well.

128. Try Pod says:

I feel life I’m talking to myself here. You all have a good night.

hey Seattle just tackled rogers. i didnt know that was allowed in the nfl. since when can he d line tackle the qb. they should come up with a name for that. like call it a sack or something

130. bat says:

Ken .. Everything you say is true, but tied at 20 five minutes into the third quarter against a supposedly inferior opponent should result in a win. No excuses.

One thing that is starting to piss me off about Tanny is this 7 yard passing he does when we have 40 seconds, no TOs and little chance to win. I don’t know if it’s stat hunting (not wanting to throw an INT) but give us a shot. The other team is playing to stop that so you have to take a chance. One thing that won’t do shit is throwing it on a crossing pattern 8 yards down the field, smh.

I think the idea on that is the middle of the field would be open and if you get the ball to a WR like Landry he will have a lot of room to make a move and perhaps turn the short pass into a big play. Unfortunately Jax D did a good job of flowing to the ball and not let letting Landry put a good move on.

I would probably buy that if this didn’t always seem to happen. He’s been doing the same thing for years now in these situations. You have to throw the ball down the field. What does 7 yards get you with 30 seconds and 40 yard sto go?

If the middle of the field is not open its bc the outside is vulnerable
        if no one fears that your QB will attack the deep out then they take the middle of the filed away

has anyone seen Trypod on tonight. sure would like to hear his opinion

We’re 1-1. Going 2-1 is huge difference vs. climbing out of a 1-2 hole with this coaching staff.

ken

ok fair enough. like i said i am not the expert here. i just look at the big picture.

besides not like they ever line up to try and pound the ball so who knows if they can or cant

135. bat says:

“Must Win game facing us already in week 3″….

Must win for what? ..Having a shot at 8-8? …

136. ocalahowie says:

FFR
    And score 45 points per game

getterdone says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:57 pm

doesnt it feel like it was just yesterday that people were talking about a 6-0 start

I agree with all the comments about the scheme
    but its just not what we are in design

and if its a pass heavy offense (kindof a spread offense) that runs from the shotgun
    you can score points
    but you need big plays and defensive breakdowns
    if not you are just marching towards the redzone only to lack “big” personel

I harp so much on the failure to throw deep for this reason
    you just can;t do these lttile gains after little gains to have one 3rd down conversion stop
    You need big plays or the whole thing doesn’t work

I was hoping some more YAC would help but it hasn;t yet so far even though we have guys like Landry who fight for each inch

Tanny needs to hot the deeper throws
    when he does it changes the offense

Alright. As much as I enjoy chatting with you all this is not helping ease the pain right now. I have busy day/week ahead. I am out. Peace to you all.

ocalahowie says:
    September 20, 2015 at 9:59 pm

FFR
    And score 45 points per game

lol you do know they have qb problems dont you

how the hell it that not PI on Seattle.

i swear the officiating so far this year is just horrible

CavalierKong says:
    September 20, 2015 at 10:03 pm (Edit)

************************
    that is exactly what I keep saying

Piggy,
    The deep throws/play calls come about more abundantly, better executed when you can run the ball from under center & run for more than 7 times in the 1st half…..this sets up the defense later for those break downs that you mentioned.
    So wish for deep throws all you like….but until we can show defenses that we’ll run on them from other than an option, then they’ll never bite on it….no matter if Aaron Rodgers was Lazor’s QB.

Well its almost the same argument

I hate running from the shotgun too
      I’m suggesting that if that is the design of the offense you better hit a deep play or 2
      and the fact is, we don’t

144. bat says:

Isn’t that the same thing we used to kill Henne for? ..Throwing a 7 yard pass when the situation screamed out for a big play.

Albeit a little different b/c in Henne’s case it was checkdowns and in this case its just Tanny throwing to his first read and maybe not recognizing the deep play or trying the low % comp

I think the offense for Tanny is a little more WCO short passing so its not so much a check down

bat says:
    September 20, 2015 at 10:15 pm

yeah kind of. but at least tanny throws it to the receiver and not into the ground.

but got to say. just love this. so now with 40 seconds left and no timeouts. after your d has given up 400 yards it is cause the qb sucks and didnt pull a win out of his ass that the team lost.

well ok if that is the case lets see if someone can invent a time machine and go pack and pluck dan out of the past to qb this team. that is a better possibility then having tanny do it

and before anyone goes off, i get that isnt the only complaint about tanny, but come on really going to bitch with 40 seconds left he did things wrong.

Go watch the Giants @ Dallas game last week and make the same argument

In this day and age that is what QBs are faced with all the time

In a close game its often the last team with the ball that wins

and its not like that was our only chance to get over 20 points
      there were multiple missed opportunties

Piggy, not the same argument…why does that system/design have to be ours?
    Do you see it being done consistently by another NFL team that wins with it???
    Our offense is on an NFL island of sorts with what we are running/ not running.

I don;t like the system
      but we are stuck with it for now
      So that is why its the same argument

I guess you can hope there is an adjustrment
      but that sounds like a radical adjustment to me

I’m not sure if another team runs anything like what we do

but that is our system
      and unless we hit those big plays we are going to fail

Hit what big plays? By hoping on any given play call that all 11 men are exactly where they’re supposed to be executing their assignment with 100% efficiency over the opposing player trying to execute his assignment? 😉

September 20, 2015 at 10:29 pm

I don;t like the system
    but we are stuck with it for now
    So that is why its the same argument

and we are not stuck with the players on the roster. if the system doesnt fit the players then it is up to the coaching staff to adjust the system. why the fins problem isnt the players but the coaching staff

Can’t be one dimensional in this league and expect it not to catch up to you!
    Last week it was the same, but we squeaked one out….this week, our coaches game planned the same way essentially and right into the waiting hands of the Jags coaches….who’s players tried like hell to give it back to us, but our coaches one upped them by consistently going to the same well with nary any deviation that could surprise or catch someone off guard.

If this place were an actual place, the windows would be broken, doors hanging off a single hinge, maybe even a couple of chalkmark outlines on the floor…….

‘In a close game its often the last team with the ball that wins’

yeah maybe one of two games a week. but ok fine, you are hell bent on just dumping on tanny, even when i say over and over he is just part of the problem not just the problem.

i am sure no coach in the league would take him and is 350+ yard and 2 tds but would jump at the chance to take the def that gave up 400 yards and 23 points to jax.

herdfan says:
    September 20, 2015 at 10:34 pm

nope. it is cause it isnt an actual place that some act all bravado on here. besides it if were and actual place half you fuckers would be chained to me sofa.

September 20, 2015 at 10:36 pm

It might be the coaching
    I’m not defending the coaching or the scheme
    Just dealing with it

so you can deal with the coaching but not the position the players are put in cause of the coaching? just want to make sure i have that right

There is an expectation to execute in spite of the coaching of what the players are expected to do
      And we are not executing

Maybe the coaching is bad
      The execution isn’t there either

And we might win the game of the execution is there

It’s a chicken and egg argument

FFR, the sad part is our coaches have purged guys they didn’t think were system fits and add for 2-4 years guys they thought were…ooops….LOL

getterdone says:
    September 20, 2015 at 10:36 pm

Is why they didn’t have sports bars in saloons back in the 1800’s. 😉

well now that is just plain silly, they had hookers in saloons then, who needed football. 🙂

September 20, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Okay
    Point taken
    I can’t defend the defense of the coaching
    Or the scheme

But I do expect better from Tanny

ok, not sure how that is fair to the guy. not that i care about being fair to him. he is a part of the team that lost so fuck him too. but why you expect more from him then any one else i dont get.

hell in my opinion, i think he should spend the night with you in the pig pen and i will go console lauren.

I just think we keep giving Tanny a pass

I have to see the season play our before I judge
      But yeah, coachig and scheme might be a problem

Good luck with Lauren though…lol

For what it’s worth
      I went back and read earlier comments
      I see that I overreacted and was out of line and I apologize
      So I hope we can move on

I think it all sucked today. The players, coaching, it all sucked. Arguing over what sucked most is just silly. I thought last week the team had bought into the hype a little too much and needed a wake up call. This week, I just think they sucked. 😦

September 20, 2015 at 10:42 pm

And we are not executing

Maybe the coaching is bad
    The execution isn’t there either

And we might win the game of the execution is there

It’s a chicken and egg argument

come on serious or you just fucking with me again? how many times do i have to say it is the whole fucking teams fault from coaching to the players. it isnt a chicken or egg thing. it is a chicken, egg, biscut, gravy, green beans and ice tea kind of thing. it is the whole fucking organization

I don’t agree
      The slightest thing alters the game
      And missing opportunities to score is huge

Defense should know when they face us, that of there is a breakdown our qb will make the pay – and that is not what happens on a weekly basis

We need to start demanding more from Tanny
      He’s not a new qb anymore

getterdone says:
    September 20, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Never seen a hooker in a sports bar? Go to Vegas….lol

will you please leave my mom out of this.

piggy,

nope, cause you didnt listen to me. this i just a blog. i didnt take any offense to what you said. so there is absolutely no need to apologize to me. appreciate the offer though, but there is absolutely no need too. i get you are just as pissed off as i am at this team. so go ahead and vent all you want even if it gets heated, but you dont have to apologize.

i still dont get you so hard on tanny but none of that matters, i think i said this yesterday, every one here wants the same goal. we all just handle it different and see things different.

trust me, i think you are one of the good guys, you are ok in my book, even if i made a pound and a half of your kind for breakfast this morning.

Herd’s FU Blog Comes to Life, or Life Taken. 😉

We need to start demanding more from Tanny
    He’s not a new qb anymore

ok i agree with the first comment. i am not saying tanny is rogers, just saying again, he isnt the only problem

and as far as demanding more. it doesnt matter what i demand. hell i demand they win every game 75-0 but what i demand doesnt help a thing.

piggy,

wait. hold on. go fuck yourself, you are a slob and have a rodent as a best friend.

(i just dont want to see any gayness on here later or tomorrow about ‘nice to see piggy and ffr made up’ from mike e)

I put as much effort in tomorrow’s write up as the coaching staff in today’s game

So expect a little pokey tomorrow…

our secondary specially mccain got abused this game. It mostly stems from a lack of pass rush. Was wake hurt? he didn’t seem to be in there much.

September 20, 2015 at 10:58 pm

It (blaming Tanny) will make more sense to you when you switch to turkey bacon

lol, you have a better chance of convincing me philbin is a good coach then switching to turkey bacon. now, i will say, i do make a mean ass turkey wrapped in bacon. but that is as far as i am willing to go.

September 20, 2015 at 11:00 pm

So expect a little pokey tomorrow…

i think we all got a lil pokey today so why not again tomorrow

ok i think i am out. got to deal with a monday after a loss tomorrow.

piggy,

in all seriousness i meant what i said, i think you are one of the good guys on here. so we are good. i for one really appreciate the effort you put in to keep this place going.

Thanks

Appreciate it
      I guess it’s just the first loss of the season
      By October we should be used to it and not overreact…lol

Dilfer nailed it

Hard to demand more than near 70% passing, I guess 95% would be good….hard to demand more than 360yds, but true, 450 would be better……hard to demand more than 108+ QBR, but yes 150 would be giggly fun….hard to demand more than O Int’s in over 144 passes, guess we should wait till that’s still the same after 400 passes…

Hey I know, this is the QB we need…..Yeah, that’s the ticket! 😉

I’m glad you two fucktards made up and play nice, and shared your hamsters and gerbils. Now everything is back to normal.

PS – You said I couldn’t do it tomorrow.

You can not lose in the nfl and still win according to Dilfer

BoulderPhinfan says:
    September 20, 2015 at 10:58 pm (Edit)

…… Was wake hurt? he didn’t seem to be in there much.

What? Seriously? Did you not read the blog post I spent a total of 5 minutes on?????? He was on the injury report. 😉

Meanwhile Green Bay is running from shotgun all night effectively