The Art of Bore

The Art of Bore

by Son Tzu 🙂

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”

Not if you are Joe Philbin, it’s easy appear weak and act weak.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”

Philbin just subjects to the enemy without fighting.

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”

Well Philbin just loses first the rest is moot.

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”

We only have the midst of chaos down so far.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”

They forgot to surround but they sure do leave a free outlet.

“You made a fool of me, but them broken dreams have got to end.”

All of you have read my super kool-aid induced sonshine and lollipops ooh-rah for months now (all right you haven’t read it but I’ve been posting it). I buy in every year, hope springs eternal for me every offseason and I make no bones about it. But guess what? This time I’m the one who was right, its the team that is messing up what should be happening.

You play on your heels and react

You never impose your will

This isn’t a talent issue, this is coaching not to lose. You must coach to win.

When the hell does Coach Philbin get mad? When does he yell at someone? When does he impose HIS will? If you don’t then the team won’t. I know you want to be the same guy all the time, you never want to seem to high or too low. NewsFlash Coach – it ain’t working. Try something different. The team needs it, we need it, Ross needs it, You need it. Being the same boring guy isn’t working. You’re team needs a leader and if you won’t let someone in the locker do it then you – YOU – have to do it. Lead your men Joe. Get Mad. Get pissed. Yell at someone. Tell them to win. Tony Sparano changed to a wildcat offense and put this team in the playoffs – try something – anything.

The streak of games in the mid season last year which included the smashing shutout of San Diego is who this team should be all the time and especially now since Suh is here. After all Suh is here and nothing is different yet, well you know what I mean.

“Rouse him, and learn the principle of his activity or inactivity. Force him to reveal himself, so as to find out his vulnerable spots.”

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

What can you say, Philbin will be Philbin who of us really knows him. What appears as one thing to us may be something totally different, the guy knows his shit, people like him. We’ll know soon enough …

Everything I say about Philbin here is said with the thinking that although players are accountable and the ones that make the plays or not that coaching has sucked the life, the fire, the desire to conquer out of these guys. That they need to be lead. Lead them.

Go win a game Joe

“If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.”

“Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.”

*all quotes are from Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

441 Responses to The Art of Bore

1. ukfinfan says:

You got me fired up Son! Hope the Fins are too.

2. ocalahowie says:

Old 27-16 NYJ
    Book 35-13MIA
    Real 31-16 NYJ
    D 24-14 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

3. ukfinfan says:

On the subject of fave playas, as well as all the names previously mentioned, I always had a lot of respect for the DT beef we had in Bowens and Gardener back in the day also. I remember when we brought Larry Chester in too – him and Timbo up front …… kinda makes me reminisce when I see teams run on us like now. Sure opposing RBs were sucked in by gravity with those two on the line together.

PS Yes Mike, we have pony paper here too! (pony = cockney rhyming slang for pony and trap). We have all kinds from the single ply up to the quilted medicated and moistened. They are staying in a hotel ffs. If they are bringing extra they must be shitting their pants at the prospect of facing the might Dolphins! There’s a first time for everything they say?

4. ukfinfan says:

At least the Fins got the first touchdown?!?

5. Try Pod says:

I read every word, Son. I cannot disagree with you- I know we are looking from the outside-in, but from this vantage point it seems as if the coaching staff cannot get out of their own way. Kudos for proper citation- I wouldn’t want the “Quote Police” notified of an unauthorized use of copyrighted material.

pony paper is now in my personal lexicon

I like it Son, I really do. Go find Philbin and shake ’em for me, will ya! Love Son Tzu BTW.

“Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.”

The Phins missing game plan & schemes!

You know the expression “Don’t shoot until you see the whites in their eyes”? The Dolphins don’t tackle until they’re 5 yards past the LOS. Not sure if Philbin or Coyle ordered that or not.

It’s day 2 of Jake ScottOberfest BTW. Get your celebration on.

BTW, good stuff Son of a Son of Sun Tzu

I’m pissed I have to get ready early to watch football on Sunday. That’s bullshit

Wow look at all the muslim fans in England. They must wanna see the Phins terrorize the Jets. 😉

They all have the same shirt.

We don’t need no ‘merican football
      We don’t need no different shirts

If you don’t eat your meat how can you have any pudding…

Son, it’s on all of them. Some of the players have played like shit.

Seems Dion Sims is only player not to make the trip.

Mornin’ Dolphans, thanks my friends. Hope this is the game to turn everything around.

Nice stuff Son Tzu
    (Piggy bows)

The Art of War is a book Philbin needs to read NOW

I have a few quotes from the great Pig Tzu for you

“The bacon is no cooked until the bacon is cooked”
    “Look not at the pants of the human in fear, pants are for assholes”
    “Oink your enemy”

– Pig Tzu

I tend to think the coaching is a part of why the players are playing bad

• sb7mvp says:

That’s the jist of it. No one is absolving the players. The coaching is the large part of the lack of success. Players are going to mess up. It happens to the best teams, but when talent isn’t maximized and players are put in bad situations or out of position, that’s on the coaching. You don’t ask lineman to pass block for an entire game against good rushing dlineman. That’s a poor gameplan, especially when you’re not keeping rbs and TEs in to block that often.

I agree with some of that.

“You don’t ask lineman to pass block for an entire game against good rushing dlineman. That’s a poor gameplan, especially when you’re not keeping rbs and TEs in to block that often.” Agreed.

“but when talent isn’t maximized and players are put in bad situations or out of position, that’s on the coaching.” How about when players are right there in position and get run over or get juked out of their shoes? That’s where a lot of fans are absolving the players. There have been bad individual efforts all over the place.

It’s a collective issue and I’m not absolving the coaches, I’m just not giving the players a pass and a lot of people here are even if they don’t want to admit it. I just go by what is said and almost every comment is about coaching or scheme, not focused on player performance.

Part yes, but watch individual efforts and tell me what a coach can do to get a players to actually play physical and tackle a guy or not go down with a finger tackle. I’m seeing lame effort from a lot of guys. Have some fucking pride.

Mike, I think it’s cool that the game is on early I’m gonna wake up put on some coffee and then watch the game game right in my king sized bed, y’all can come watch with me, lol

I tend to agree with SB7

but in terms of gameplan, particulary when it comes to how many running attempts we make, it pretty much goes out the window when you fall behind

we were behind
    10-0
    10-0
    and 27-0
    before we even scored

As bad as we have been in most games
    our 1st qtr team looks like the worst team int he NFL
    the rest of the game is slightly better

What is the game plan if we actually get ahead or even are stuck in a close game from the inception
    the game is much different when you are trailing early

I doubt what we see for most of the game reflects the gameplan they prepared
    b/c they are playing catch up
    but those 1st qtrs – yuk

More than anything else, being unprepared for the team you are playing jumps out at me
    And how can that not be on the coaching?

I get it, players aren’t executing either
    but we are just coming out of the gates at a disadvantage and it affecting the whole game

if we were trailing early, what we see on the filed would be totally different IMO

I see lack of effort too Tim. I think you make a good point

but is there anything more likely to cause ripping out the heart of the players than getting behind early?

I know these are professionals but there is a psychological aspect here. In every work place environment, you want to keep people motivated and football is no different. Sometimes the entire team looks like they are just going through the motions.

I think if you are able to get a good start instead of starting behind the 8 ball its changes the dynamic of the team entirely. I would love to see us score first this sunday – and I mean a TD

That’s one of the problems I’ve had with this coaching staff, notoriously slow starts in games. The defense seems to always allow points on the first drive because we always seem to win the coin toss and defer.

That and poor performances late in the season.

I generally like deferring. To me the most important possession of the game is the first possession of the 2nd half. That sets the momentum and field position for the final 30 minutes. However, it would be nice if our D got some stops on the other team’s 1st possession of the game.

Last week we had the ball first and went 3 and out
        then the Bills scored on their first drive (the Clay drive)

we have a lot of drives on offense that end really quickly
        and most of our drives require a lot of first downs to even get int he redzone
        it only takes 1 sack, 1 run for 0 yards or 1 incompletion to kill a drive
        we are not getting big chunk yards
        it is killing drives
        we need some big plays on offense early
        I think that a huge difference maker

and also some plays on defense early

we really just haven;t been very aggressive

October 2, 2015 at 9:12 am
    ——————–
    Boo fucking hoo. It starts at 6:30 out here, lol.

Well done Son Suh.

I think that people see the problems with most of the personnel are fixable or at least able to be minimized. That’s the job of the coaches. There aren’t really any super teams in the league like there was in the 70s and 90s. Free agency, salary cap and thw CBA have watered down rosters so things that are wrong with our team are also league wide.
    I don’t see players accountable to the coaching staff. There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency and importance to games against ‘lesser’ competition. Game plans seem uninspired. Coaches don’t seem to believe in the capabilities of their players and the players don’t seem to have faith in the coaching staff. This is a 3+ year observation. I’m not just referencing this year and I’m not just referencing losses.

in general, to simplify
      I just don;t think the team is aggressive enough
      and I think that is a reflection of the coaching

Happy Birthday to FFR! 🎉🎂🍸🎈

25. twicethethe says:

son of a son of a shula says:

October 2, 2015 at 10:04 am (Edit)

**************************************************************************************************

The way the Phins are playing so far, this is the kind of coffee we might all need for this game…

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    A British reporter asked Jay Ajayi how “gutted” is he that he cannot play. I suddenly love British reporters.

Ken, I think the first possession of the 2nd half is overrated. Most games come down to the 4th quarter anyway. It’s not as if teams score on that possession all the time.

Kong

the bad news is its hard to find split drinks before sunrise

WOW! My comment stirred up a hornets nest! Kong, I love Tim’s advice – If we suck, which is definitely possible, just go back to sleep. 6:30AM is BEYOND ABSURD Kong. Sorry man!

I don;t like deferring
    I like to score

I like getting the ball first in the 2nd half
    but I would rather just have a chance to set the tone of the game
    say to the other team – “You try to catch me”

• sb7mvp says:

I like setting the tone with the defense myself. Send them 3 and out then go to score ourselves. If you are trailing going into halftime you get a chance to close the gap, if you’re leading you get a chance to increase the lead.

I think that it just a matter of preference and no one is right

but

When you have the ball first, you have to do one thing right to get ahead – score on offense!

when you defer, you have to do 2 things right: stop them from scoring, then score yourself

Its easier to do one thing right….lol

That is bizarre logic, Piggy. IF you score first, you still have to stop them or you’ve lost your advantage because they get the ball first next half, so either way you have to do two things right.

The opposite never works for us anyway, so why not try to get a lead for once.

Happy Birthday FFR!

OL learn to run block early on, and that’s where their strength and natural tendencies are.
    To ask them to pass block all the damn time is keeping them on their heels, on the defensive if you will.
    They get fired up by coming off the snap and bulling forward driving their opponents off the ball. They need the heavy contact to begin to assert their will.
    Too much early pass blocking tames the fight in the dog makes them too passive aggressive…IMO.

Go out and HIT SOMEBODY HARD early on, Damn It!

Go Phins!
    Go Sam! Everybody is pulling for you, snap out of it bro!

Last nite the Ravens stuck with the run even with the clock running out and them behind needing to get into FG range…that’s something you’d never see this coaching staff do…..SMH!
    Their OL after giving up lots of pressure & hits pass blocking, came alive and imposed their will run blocking….it seriously won the close OT game on the road….Kudos John Harbaugh!

You probably need a FB for that to work….lol

True in some cases & I’m surprised we didn’t have one especially since we only went with what 3 TE’s, only 2 active on game days….misuse of the roster & scheme by Philbin.
        It tells the rest of the NFL, don’t worry, we don’t plan on running much….SMH!

I thought the same thing.

Mike,
    If we suck I will definitely be passing out back to bed. 🙂

Happy Birthday FFR you old bastard. LOL

Happy Birthday FFR. Master is kind..

SB,
    I prefer to defer as well. Our offense seems to be more effective in the 2nd half this year and going back to last year so I’ll take the extra offensive possession then.

I also prefer to defer. We would probably start slow on offense anyway, and go 3 and out. We’re horrible in the 1st half. Philbin needs to prepare his team to be ready in the 1st QTR dammit!

CavalierKong says:
    October 2, 2015 at 10:42 am (Edit)

**************
    Well you have to do that throughout the game anyway

I’m talking about the effect of not falling behind on your game plan
    and if you get the ball first and score first, you can probably stick with what you wanted to do for the first half at least, even if they score on the next drive

but if the other team scores first, especially after you have punted – now you are playing catchup
    in our case we are falling behind by 2 scores (at least)
    the game plan has been out the window for our team very early in these 3 games

If you score first, and then they score
    you are still even and the game plan is not out the window (not yet anyway)

I think there is a psychological aspect to being ahead
    maybe I am overthinking it

I definately like getting the ball first at the start of the 3rd too but not as much as I like playing with a lead the entire game…lol

getterdone says:
    October 2, 2015 at 10:44 am (Edit)
    It tells the rest of the NFL, don’t worry, we don’t plan on running much….SMH!

****************
    I’m okay with not having a FB
    I do think it can work
    but as a whole – we end up being a finesse that is being beat up throughout the game
    and the personell we keep is a big part of that

1st half deferers
    Kong
    Mike
    SB7
    Ken

1st half aggressors
    Piggy

Screw You deferers!!!

I just don’t see where it impacts us at all to defer. Maybe it works well for other teams, not fur us from what I’ve seen.

Well, the one game we didn’t defer was over by halftime so I guess the question is, Do you want to watch a whole game or hit up the Home Depot during the 3rd quarter? 😉

LOL, we suck. It doesn’t matter. We could give the ball to the cheerleaders all game and the results will probably still be the same.

Aggressors? I’m telling you we’d go 3 and out. How aggressive is that?

blegh, work. Cheers, Fellas.

The question should be:
    quick death vs slow painful death
    I favor a quick death
    😀

From now on I will say Prefer to Defer instead of Agree to Disagree

I don’t think we need a FB, but we do need a TE, Lineman or LB or can fill the role.

Duly noted counselor. There is no aggression with our Dolphins. The most passive team in the NFL.

Cheers Kong

Pig, glad my post caught your eye & thanks for the reply above.
    I know the league has been weening themselves off of FB’s mostly….but IMO, you got to have one if you’re only carrying a couple TE’s….where’s the extra blocking coming from, especially in max protect sits. We don’t even really carry a true powerback per-say that can fill the FB role when needed like most teams that choose not to have a FB.

It really has jumped out at me after watching our struggles to run as well as having backs that can adequately pass block, pick up the free blitzers.

Going back to your original point I think the Ravens have always been a physical team
      as a matter of fact I don;t think int he AFC North you can survive not being a physical team

I don;t really have a preference with or without a FB
      but I think if you are going to design a team like we designed – you better get ahead of other teams on a regular basis

Deferring is football procrastinating. 🏈

sb7mvp says:
    October 2, 2015 at 11:07 am

We did experiment with Mitchell very briefly as a FB, I saw him in on offense on what, 1 play in week 1 I think.
    After Sims went down & the fact that we are carrying very few TE’s, I was all for trying to do a deal for Martellus Bennett since the Bears are doing a fire sale.
    That or why didn’t we keep Lynch on the PS to further develop….SMH!

This is what I think of deferring.

Piggy has the Art of Boar

Dolphins LT Branden Albert (hamstring) is out for Week 4 against the Jets.
    It’s his second straight absence. Jason Fox will draw another start at left tackle. The injury-prone Albert is day to day.
    ___________________________
    This is why I also advocated to try and do a deal with Anthony Collins or Jake Long who now recently signed a no guarantee deal with the Falcons.
    Seems our FO missed calculated here.

We should have addressed this long before Long. lol

This should have been addressed in the draft and early free agency. Shame on them.

Well they kinda did address it early FA, they brought in Linkenbach who was supposed to be able to play all but the C spot….guess he blows as a OT/LT in our pathetic scheme.
        We also resigned Fox…but he’s struggling in pass blocking.
        In fact most any LT out there would struggle in our one dimensional system. OL need to hit someone, you have to keep a Defense honest with the RUN GAME!

Pig, I hear ya above….but even the WCO teams under Walsh used a FB.
    The thing is with or w/o one is irrelevant on most pass first teams, however if you are still searching for balance a 1/4 of the way into the season, then maybe ya should have made room for someone that can handle that role.

Mike, I see just one 1 sack and no more than 20 points as struggling not necessarily the most passive team in the league. But it’s really not a worthy debate because both sides of the it suck. LOL

Fair enough.

One unit or the other has to find a way to pick the other up.
      Sunday I wanna see the fight in the Phins that the 0-3 desperate Ravens showed last nite!!!

Exactly, I want to see passion and physical. If we show a go through the motion attitude and start losing I’ll turn it off and be right on board with blow the entire thing up to as high as it needs to go because it’s just not working. It’s getting really tiresome if that’s how we come out and perform.

GDP

I meant address it properly lol. Linkenbach is a journeyman jack of all trades guy, and Jason Fox isn’t a good LT.

Well, you can only make so many moves in FA, especially after knowing they wanted Suh, and only so many draft picks to go around for other needs too.
      I know you’ll say but why Phillips then in the 2nd round, but there just wasn’t any LT types that jumped out at ya by then….same with Parker in the 1st, and at that time we felt we needed a quality #1 WR type after gutting the WR corp in offseason.

Jake Fisher wasn’t a plug and play prospect and he got his ass whopped in the PS. He’s currently a backup.

Yeah, because he’s behind Andrew Whitworth, who’s a good player. He’s on the last year of his contract, and Fisher is the backup now at LT and LG.

At this point, it doesn’t matter. We have to hope the guys we do have step up and play better. Still, I said it months ago not to count on Branden Albert, and to draft a guy that can play both T and G. We didn’t do it.

Phillips is a heck of a player
    but if he is inactive he is not helping us

So spending that pick on a LB or OL probably makes a lot more sense

We will see what happens with Phillips down the line
    but I don;t know why we need so many DTs

October 2, 2015 at 11:35 am
    That offense is the one I prefer but it’s a dinosaur offense, nobody uses it anymore.

Tim, I don’t really see it as a dinosaur offense. I think the personnel we have now, sans a decent FB, would be awesome in Walsh’s WCO….We keep talking about why don’t they move Tanny around more, roll outs, play actions, boot legs etc….well that’s what they asked of lil Montana who had good feet.
    They also ran the ball more, which help set Montana up to excel when they did pass. The balance was awesome and very hard for DC’s to defend week in and week out, especially for Studley in SBXIX

Mike E, Whitworth was signed to an extension by Cincy.

Fisher needs development and to add size and strength which was the knock on him. He’ll probably be a good player in a couple of years but he would not have been the answer for us.

Bill Polian recently said very few rookie OL are ready for the NFL because of the college game and the new CBA doesn’t allow for the work they really need. That’s why even the top OL who have gotten drafted top 5 the last few years have all struggled early on.

Agreed….hell, we’re still trying to develop Thomas & Turner.
        James & Douglas are learning trial by fire….lol

Eric Decker (knee) got some team reps in at Friday’s practice and will be a game-time decision Sunday against the Dolphins.
    We also got to keep BM from having a big day and running his mouth!!!!

GD, the Packers don’t run it either and they don’t have a FB like Craig, Rathman, Floyd etc.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    TE Jordan Cameron and RB Jonas Gray are questionable. Earl Mitchell is probable

Futurist and Google exec Ray Kurzweil thinks that once we have robotic implants in our brains, we’ll be funnier, sexier and more loving. Because that’s what artificial intelligence can do for you.
    Sick misguided bastard!

Yeah no chance for extreme evil there. There is always a balance and yin and yang. We have this great information tool with the internet but we also have hackers and viruses. People suck! LOL

Yeah, I don’t want no one to hack into my brain….say goodbye to God’s given Free Will when man tries to become God.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Jordan Cameron is paid an EXTRA $156K for every game he plays this season as part of his performance based contract.
    ______________________________
    Hmm, that would make me play thru the pain…lol

GD, by the way I would love if we had or get a coach who wants to run the old style Walsh WCO and commit to the running game, play-action, bootlegs etc. The problem is you’d have to develop a FB for a few years because he ain’t learning it in college. You’d likely have to find a big, physical back with skills and teach him how to block in all phases. But I do agree that it could still work even in today’s NFL. In fact teams might have a problem with it because they’re so used to preparing for the spread offenses now.

Exactly, you have to stay ahead of the curve and history repeats itself (things come back into style).
      I thought we were gonna have some of that with Philbin and Sherman…..now it’s even worse with Lazor whom I was initially very high on….he just doesn’t seem to get it tho, and he came from a excellent coaching tree….but he’s just trying to be too cutsie and brand things his own way…..HELLO, It’s not working Bill.

Agreed. Actually year one under Sherman we tried to work in Javorskie Lane as a FB and we did play more of a traditional WCO but it didn’t last long. I wish we would have stuck with it and developed in it but even Sherman started to abandon the running game and went to more shotgun. Ugh!

Absolutely right.

I just want a versatile strong willed offense. We can vary the run/pass ratio/style according to the opponents we play while utilizing the strengths of our individual players.

Tim, Mike, etc….very good discussions today….I’ve enjoyed it.

thanks for the birthday wishes. i am not that all into my birthday, i didnt do anything my parents did. to me it is just another day unlike my kids birthdays. but with that said, i will take a present for my birthday…

wake the fuck up sam.

These ladies were spotted leaving your BDay party late last nite.

To be fair to FFR this is what he thought he was leaving with,

Alcohol bad…mmmmkay.

They got a surprise too though. This is what they thought they were leaving with…,.

Im not into your birthday either…. but i think that’s a solid birthday present.request. …Happy Birthday, hope you get everything you asked for.

That would be an awesome birthday gift. 🙂

I also don’t make a big deal out of my birthday.

What did you watch every Bengals preseason game? How do you know so much about how Fisher struggled?

LMAO @ D on party girls above.

Mike E has a crush on Jake Fisher. Don’t question his man. LOL

He struggled coming off an injury. Hmm, where have we seen this before???

LOL – He wasn’t my top choice, La’el Collins was, but I thought he’s a guy who could handle playing both T and G, and thought we’d need help with both, so he made sense.

I tried to google “Jake Fisher Struggles” and my search was mysteriously restricted

all that came up was this

LMAO @ Piggy! Talk to the Hand!

Sigh of relief if this track holds up.

Yeah they’re saying it’s staying out at sea. We’re gonna get some wind and lot of rain but I’ll take that.

My wife sent me video from down the shore showing the lagoon is right at the edge of the dock and it’s not high tide. It looks like a river.

Nasty! LOL

LOL @ Tim

October 2, 2015 at 2:17 pm

That’s a shitty day right there . . .

now the guy knows how it feels to be a jets fan

Branden Albert and Dion Sims OUT

Everyone has been talking about how big of a game this is for the Dolphins and Joe Philbin. Mike Francesa was talking about Ross and said he believes the next coach would to be a big time coach, he’s not going with a first time guy again.

82. So, now the players are complaining about padded practices on Thursdays. They must all be coming down with a bad case of the Jonathan Martins because these guys are becoming bigger pussies all the time. I can’t believe how much this coaching staff has kowtowed to these players already with Coyle simplifying the D because the bunch of dummies said it’s too fucking difficult for them and THEN he comes out after the last loss and says he’s going to try and simplify it even more for them and NOW players are complaining about the padded practices on Thursday. Jesus H Christ on a fucking popsicle stick. These guys are just TOO much already.
    They should all change their first names to Mary if they are going to continue to act like the frickin pussies they are. Enough is enough. They get paid very well to do their jobs. How about just going out on Sunday and do your frickin job for a change instead of complaining about everything.
    I knew this was going to happen after the coaches did the talent show. #1 rule in business is “be a boss, not a friend” and the coaches crossed the line. The players have the coaches wrapped around their fingers and it’s time to bring in someone who’ll stare the players in the eyes and tell them “if you don’t like it, there’s the fucking door”.
    The inmates are running the asylum. The players are telling the coaches what THEY are going to do rather than the coaches telling the players “this is how you’re going to do it.”

I think Ross has wanted the big name coach for a while. I mean he has lobbied for Harbaugh and Fisher in the past but we have been spurned by both. Guys like Gruden and Cowher have not shown any interest in our job. I just don’t know what A list candidate we are going to attract.

TOOK PART OF the day off so I could take Mrs. OD to the airport to catch a flight to Raleigh-Durham to see oldest daughter and Grand Sons. SOOO-O-O glad the east coast won’t take a direct hit from Joaquin!! Best wishes to all FINFANS living along the seaboard!!
    ————————-
    THIS FROM Armando Salguero. Players here go elsewhere and perform better than they did here. And players come here after playing well elsewhere, DON’T perform well here, then leave and go play well somewhere else! Former Fins CB Will Davis, last night, looked better in Baltimore then he EVER DID in Miami. Davis’ response? “Ozzie Newsome (Ravens GM), I thank you!”

Sean Smith left Miami after 4 so-so seasons and is now the Chiefs best cornerback. Karlos Dansby played great in Arizona, then stunk in Miami. Now he’s back in Arizona and is doing well.
    Vontae Davis was traded from Miami in 2012 and last year was one of the NFL’s best cornerbacks (according to Armando). Could we mention Charles Clay, Dan Carpenter or Richie Incognito? Kenny Stills was solid in NOLA. He’s nearly disappeared in Miami. John Jerry is a starter for the Giants. He’s playing BETTER than any Miami guard right now. Tony McDaniel left Miami and STARTED for Seattle on their Super Bowl winning team!!!!!
    ———————–
    Other names could have been mentioned by Armando. But you get the point. Instead of “Coaching them up,” Miami’s coaching staff has been “coaching them down” way too often. –Yes, a lack of talent exists on our beloved Dolphins in some areas. And that is mostly the fault of Fins management. But I believe the coaching staff bears a significant percentage of the blame, too. And they should pay for it with their jobs. ROSS needs to CLEAN HOUSE, period!! –The coaches, as a group, need to be gone at the end of the season, if not sooner. T-Baum, Carl Peterson, and the rest of Ross’s top advisors need to be fired yesterday. Just firing Philbin is NOT ENOUGH!!
    ———————
    I believe Ross’s focus should be on head coaches at the collegiate level who have had SUCCESS at a major school AND are known to be prime motivators. I’ve got nothing against former NFL head coaches who’ve been successful (Sean Peyton) and might be available soon after this season is over. But I doubt if ANY current, or recent, NFL coach WILL TAKE THE MIAMI JOB (given its current state of disrepair) UNLESS ROSS IS WILLING TO CEDE TO THAT COACH TOTAL CONTROL OF PERSONNEL. Ross has REFUSED to do this in the past. And he’s paid for it in with turn downs from big name coaches who MIGHT have had success here. ROSS needs to reevaluate his stand on that issue as he pursues Philbin’s successor. And PLEASE, PLEASE, Mr. Ross, HIRE BILL POLIAN TO HELP YOU PICK BOTH THE NEXT HEAD COACH AND THE NEXT GENERAL MANAGER!! – – His advice will be far better than the people you’ve been listening to!!

Karlos Dansby is a Brownie.

In regards to John Jerry, he is a starter for NYG by default. Their OL is decimated by injury worse than ours and has not been playing well. Jerry has not played all that well for the Giants but he is in there out of necessity.

Not all true but that’s Armando for you.

John Jerry stinks with the Giants, their OL is not good.

• I want a coach who will tell the players the way it’s going to be, not the other way around. You don’t like padded practices on Thursday? Then you can watch the game from the sidelines on Sunday.
      I also want a coach who’s coaching from the sidelines during the game. So, if it’s a current guy in the NFL who’s a OC or DC, etc. I like Hue Jackson. If it’s a college guy my #1 guy is Kliff Kingsbury of Texas Tech.

• Will Davis has two good plays for Baltimore and now all of a sudden he’s Vontae frickin Davis. Willie D is going to get burn marks on his undies just like he did in Miami and he’ll be looking for another team to play for again.

Ken & guys,
    Maybe if Brees arm/shoulder continues to give him problems and the team has another bad year, then Sean PAyton a former SB winner might be cut lose.
    The thing with Payton though is he’d need a real good DC too.
    But he could be good for Tanny & Co.

Blow Saints! 😉

I’d Big Ben her. 😉

Chuck Pagano on the Colts may be a coaching casualty this year even if the team makes the playoffs. His contract is up this year and they have been slow to try to re-new. There is some supposed tension between he and Irsay. I am not sure Pagano has the gravitas that Ross wants from his next HC but Pagano has a good regular season record and some playoff wins under his belt to boot

AGREE with you, Ken. Pagano’s health issues might play a role in this, also. –And, yes, for better or worse, Ross IS ATTRACTED to big names. Just as long as he doesn’t even think of Nick Satan!

• they said it’s actually a “disconnect” between he and Grigson. Grigson has failed to bring in offensive linemen who could help the team during his tenure and Luck has been running for his life. Sound familiar?

Here’s the one bad thing about hiring a super bowl winning coach, no coach has ever won a super bowl with two different teams.

HAPPY B’DAY, FFR!!! –And GOO-O-O SAM!!

Hey Lou!

Yeah, it sounds all too familiar

NO Head Coach has gone to the SB here since 1984, so NO, I’m not worried about it.

It’s NEVER happened. We’ll hire that guy, not go to the Super Bowl and another team will hire some new up and coming coach and win the damn thing. You know that will happen. We can’t afford that kind of omen. LOL

It’s gonna happen at some point, all records fall.

OD, I’m not superstitious either, I’m just having some fun. But it is a frightening stat.

94. So, they draft Billy Turner who was a LT in college and try to make a RG out of him and offensive linemen and coaches will tell you it’s not easy to switch sides. So, when he doesn’t make the transition, it’s his fault.
    Then, they draft Jamil Douglas, who was a LG in college. They put him at LG in camp and have him competing with Dallas Thomas at LG throughout camp and even play him there in games. He looked solid at LG in preseason. So, when Turner shits the bed at RG they decide to put a guy who was a LG in college and all camp and preseason at RG and NOW he shits the bed. What…….the……..fuck?

Welcome newcomer with a screwed up looking handle/user name.
      Hope you enjoy the blog.

Go Phins!
      Go Sam!

I have made similar statements…. they dont work here. Time the OL nazi and he says it doesnt matter an they have to be able to play other positions. 🙂 I have been saying a while, try Turner at LT instead of watching Fox look completely outmatched every week.

Welcom Uol. I don’t think I seen you on here before but you are dead right about the mishandling of guys like Turner and Douglas.

Id take chance on Steve Spurrier. His first attempt in the NFL didnt go over well but it was the fucking Redskins after all. I promise you he is a no shit, teel it like it is and deal with it kinda guy. He would be night and day different than Philbin.

97. Even Keith Sims kept saying on The Finsiders he liked what he was seeing from Jamil Douglas but when they decided to give him the starting RG position over Turner he had his concerns about him moving to the right because he said it’s not that easy to just flip a guy from one side to the other. Sims said Douglas looked really good on the left but was worried he’d struggle on the right side. Said eventually he may get it down but some guys never make the transition from one side to the other and it’s not always easy for guys to move around like that.
    If Thomas is struggling like he is on the left then move Douglas back over there where he’s had success in camp and preseason. Maybe we’ll get lucky. who knows?

TIM SAYS “Yeah, I’m sure it will happen because good things are always happening to us,LOL.”–TIM, are you referring to “US” being the first (and ONLY) franchise with a PERFECT SEASON?”

The last however many years it’s been team, not those teams. I’m talking about the AS years, After Shula. 🙂

Ya, well, one guy seems to think both Shula and Perfect Seasons might be overrated, anyway. Why have another??

Uol, I too wondered why Thomas moved to LG after Douglas looked fair over there & of course last year Thomas was fair @ RG after getting abused as RT while James filled in @ LT of an oft injured Uncle Albert.

Our OL is like Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Hey, Uol. Don’t forget, the Steelers did NOT even make the playoffs during their first 39 seasons!!! By the way, is “UOL” a Jersey version of “You all?”

LOL at Lou. I like that. But that would make Nek. It just doesn’t sound right.

Regarding no coach every having won a SB with a second team. How many SB winning head coaches have gone on to coach other teams? 10? Whatever the number is, it’s not large. I’d say it’s just a matter of time till it happens.

Off the top of my head: JJ, Parcells, Holmgren, Shannahan

Why don’t we try Turner at LT while Albert is out instead of Fox? I mean it really can’t be any worse. It may not be better but it can’t be worse.

October 2, 2015 at 3:57 pm
    Uhhhh… no! He was fucking horrible and clueless.
    ————————————–
    You dont know Spurrier well then. Spurrier makes the most of his teams and has won everywhere he went, outside the Skins. He may be like Saban and his game doesnt translate to the NFL but if some are calling for a reboot of Saban, considering Spurrier is no less crazy.

He’s a college coach. He didn’t have a clue in the NFL. He thought he could block with 5 and run his system with his former college players. LOL

GD, Uol is ProLou. LOL

SPEAKING OF “RED NEK,” –Piggy, did you drop an atomic fart on the “other site??” It looks like it was hit by a mushroom cloud!

Uol Rosseforp (@UolRosseforp) says:
    October 2, 2015 at 3:50 pm

It’s Lou Ken.

that is what ross needs to do. he needs to get louken to use the force and turn this shit around

louken, use the force.

As far as OC/DC’s id hire Will Muschamp as a DC, i was pulling for it to happen last year. He sucks as a HC but he is a really fucking good DC.

Wonder if we could lure Mark Richt from UGA.

I think Cud deserves a second chance than the one crazy year in Cleveland after the ownership change.
    He’s a big reason behind the TE sets. Kill them in the middle. That’s one of our QB’s strengths.

Tanny’s throws in exact middle of the field have looked pretty decent but when they cross that zone and go to the outside on either side he has been behind the receiver. He doesnt seem to be throwing to a spot anymore and is trying to lead his receivers, that or he has not chemistry with them this year and is under estimating where they will be. Either way, he’s throwing behind them badly.

What’s up Lou
    I kinda kinda like the swedish chef theme

Unless we steal some one else’s coach
    I pretty much think chosing a new coach is rolling the dice

I do breasts examinations all the time…I just don’t bill for it. 😉

I work at a software company that sells medical software, we had an employee that went out to oneof our sites and told some of the nurses he was training to use our software that he was a freelance photographer and talent agent and that he had been getting some photos of women submitted them to talent agencies as a way to start a career trying to find the next big thing in modeling. He then invited her back to his hotel room to a private photo shoot. Dont know if he was succeffsul in getting her back to his hotel room, but he was successful in having the site contact our company, and us promptly firing him.

REPORT FROM MY Home-boy newspaper, the Palm Beach Post. All four of the PBP writers who follow the Dolphins are picking the Jets to win on Sunday. NOW, the GOOD NEWS. –The bars in the Palm Beaches that normally do NOT open before noon on Sundays have been granted special dispensation and will be allowed to open at 9 AM, 30 minutes before kickoff!! – – That means most Fin fans at these bars will not BE SOBER BY THE SECOND QUARTER!!

115. ocalahowie says:

Piggy 42-0 MIA
    Old 27-16 NYJ
    Book 35-13MIA
    Real 31-16 NYJ
    D 24-14 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

WHERE have all the Kool-Aid drinkers gone?? MISS GIGI, will the Jets beat the Fins worse than Cincinnati beat the Canes? As you can see, I’ve got the Dolphins losing by 11, just like U-M.

Tim, this is the Caitlin I’d want to be with…yes, Caitlin Rice! Yowza!

Same law by me on Sundays. No alcohol before noon and many stores stop selling it at 5. Bars are open later though.

I will be stocking up this weekend so I don’t have to go out in all the rain we’re going to get.

in NYC you can basically shoot heroine in the street on Sunday all day

119. Try Pod says:

For Piggy :

I was watching some food show the other day, and they were discussing and rating various kitchen gadgets. Ever see the sonic beer foamer? It basically looks like a coaster for a glass, but it’s ultrasonic, and if you “pulse” it, it will send an ultrasonic pulse to your beer that has been sitting for a while, and lost it’s head, and replenish it. I thought that was pretty cool.

October 2, 2015 at 4:28 pm

He never wins the big game.

lol, so i have this right. mark richt never wins the big game but philbin isnt the problem in miami cause all a coach does is coach and the players play. ok got it, that makes sense, had no idea the college coaches suit up.

GDP

Seems like a handy gadget. It could make beer drinking even more fun. I’d like Jahn to chime in with his thoughts on it.

getterdone says:
    October 2, 2015 at 5:39 pm
    It’s more a pale ale & I think about 6% abv….nice brew and I felt nice n hoppy after about 4 pints.
    ———————————–
    Sweetwater is an Atlanta based micro brew. They have a couple really good ones. I like the 420, which i think is a really hoppy beer if i remeber but the IPA they have has a grapefruity kinda bitterness too, really citrusy. I like it a lot.

The 420 is like 5.8 or 9 and the IPA is like a 6.3 ish.

Yeah, I think that’s about it…I thought the brewery was out of CO.
        Many IPA’s are too bitter over done….but I’ll have to try their’s.
        The 420 was real tasty.

mike,

so basically a kitchen gadget the vibrates and gives good head. sign me up

Mike E, yes, that’s a cool idea on the sonic beer gadget, but I drink em too fast to worry about losing any head.
    Plus 6 AA batteries? WTF!
    Uh, excuse me fellas while I go get more batteries for my beer vibrator. It give good head when I get it really buzzin.

FORMER NEBRASKA, NEW ENGLAND and DOLPHIN GREAT Irving Fryar sentenced to 5 years hard time in New Jersey for trying to steal over $1.2 Million in some kind of investment fraud scam.
    ——–
    FRYAR caught the winning, fourth down, pass from Dan Marino in that opening day classic between Miami and the Pats inj September of 1994, I believe. I and Mrs. OD were there in Row 8 Section 116, seats 1-2 to see perhaps the GREATEST, most dramatic, game ever played at Dolphin Stadium!! Marino, coming back from an achilles tear, had STUNK during the preseason. –Edwin Pope, the dean of Florida sportswriters, called for Shula to bench Marino! –All Dan did was pass for over 400 yards and 5, count ’em, 5 touchdowns in this classic battle between Marino and Drew Bledsoe, who combined for over 900 yards in Miami’s 39-35 victory! —I was so happy I put my head in my hands and cried like a baby!!! –It was a day for the ages.

127. myth99 says:

Check your damn e-mail, Roberto, what’s the sense of giving it out if you don’t respond?

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 8h8 hours ago
    #UKFins
    Miami Dolphins Cheer, Laura, NFL and NFL UK

So with reports coming out that if the Dolphins lose there will be a coaching change how many are actively rooting for a loss tomorrow?

ROCK: I looked on the Miami Herald and Palm Beach Post websites and found no such report. –That said, I’m guessing Ross now realizes he made another mistake by extending Philbin’s contract when he did. Now I NEVER root against the Fins. But I think it’s unlikely they’ll beat the Jets this time. AND, with the bye week coming, this WOULD be the ideal time to replace Philbin, IF he chooses to do so before the end of the season.

Not that I’d expect Philbin to sound any different than he usually does, but man, he freaking gets on my nerves. I was listening to the interview he did with NFL radio. He just always sounds so even keel, and matter of factly, that I can’t stand it. He’s always disappointed, not angry. It’s who he is, and I just don’t like it. He sounds like a one of those dads talking to his kids in a cereal commercial about school, not an NFL Head Coach.

MIKE: A few guys ARE cut out to be an NFL head coach. –AND they’re cut out to be a SUCCESSFUL NFL head coach. Jim Harbaugh is such a man. He has the personality traits you’d expect in someone who started his career 36-11-1 with a near miss in the 2012 Super Bowl. I DON’T have to list those traits. You already know what they are.
      ———————-
      Philbin lacks the same traits that made Harbaugh, Shula, Lombardi, Paul Brown and Chuck Noll successful. He’s NOT an innovator like Brown. He’s NOT a man with an overwhelming presence like Lombardi. He’s NOT the classic super attention-to-detail man NOR is he the serious believer in extraordinary conditioning that Shula was. And he’s CERTAINLY NOT capable of giving a motivational locker room speech that would make you run through a wall for your team. Each and every man on my LIST OF 5 GREAT NFL COACHES had these traits. Several other successful NFL coaches have also had these traits.
      ———————
      But, as far as I can tell, PHILBIN HAS NONE OF THESE TRAITS. Perhaps others saw this, too. Perhaps THAT’s WHY Philbin has NEVER been selected to be a head coach AT ANY LEVEL IN HIS COACHING CAREER. Steve Ross, a bland, placid, man, chose another bland, placid, man to be his head coach. GUESS WHAT, STEVE? –YOU’RE NOT CUT-OUT TO BE AN NFL HEAD COACH NOR IS PHILBIN!!
      ——————-
      GET ME a head coach with fire in his eyes and a motor that NEVER QUITS!! –Get me a man who has been a HEAD COACH SOMEWHERE!! –And get me a head coach who understands that discipline and conditioning are more important than picking up gum wrappers!!
      ——————
      STEVE, it’s YOUR TURN. And you better get it right!!

132. Try Pod says:

I think I would like him personally, but it does not seem his personality and demeanor resonate in today’s NFL locker room, based on the product on the field. And yes I know, coaches coach and players play, but coaches also game plan, motivate, lead, adapt to changes in opponents…

If he wasn’t our Head Coach I’d like him a whole lot more. lol

• Try Pod says:

I was against his getting this job out of the gate, as his son died tragically just a month earlier and I don’t think he really ever got to deal with that. I mean, a football coach in the nfl is a 24/7 thing, so either he never dealt with it by staying busy or he has never been all in as our coach because he had never grieved his loss. I can’t KNOW that, but I’m pretty familiar with humans and how the grieving process works.

BRIAN; That article is full of speculation, as the author readily admits. MY COMMENTS A FEW SPOTS up the page I think are a bit more to the point. It’s NOT just about Philbin. It’s about personality types. Study a list of Successful NFL head coaches and compare that list to Philbin.

It’s ONLY NORMAL for those who can’t win Super Bowls. –Super Bowl winning teams have a better O-Line than Miami and Indy. And they have a better head coach, too!

• Try Pod says:

Well, having read the article and listened to various discussions on the radio, I think one has to consider that the proliferation of spread offenses on the college ranks will have an effect on the lineman coming out and adapting to the nfl game. I’m trying to look at all the reasons, as we’ve covered ad nauseum the poor front office/ownership/coaching/players on the team.

• Try Pod says:

Blame the poor spelling/wrong words on my fat fingers and auto correct 😧

Rock

At 1-2, you can’t root for a loss. If we were 1-5, and Ross said 1 more loss, people would get fired, I’d feel differently.

OD,
    Yes, it’s full of speculation but if the source is valid, then that report couldn’t have come out of nowhere. I think if the D underperforms again then Coyle may be a goner.

BRIAN, that report very well may be right. But it totally fails to address the bigger issue, which is “WHAT KIND OF COACH IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THIS JOB??? – – Firing Coyle is just the first step in eradicating the cancer that has metastasized throughout the body of this organization. Ross needs to CLEAN HOUSE! –And this article fails to realize this.

• Brian in NY says:

I think Coyle will be gone if we don’t show up on D tomorrow as a last ditch effot for Philbin to save his job. If that doesn’t work, then Philbin is gone on Black Monday. No playoffs= no job for Philbin. Replacing the head coach will not come until the end of the season unless things really spiral out of control. It make no sense firing him now; a new HC will likely have a different system, one that would need to be implemented in the offseason and not in the middle of the season.

Try

Our offensive line is shaky, just like our HC

I blame the coaches almost exclusively. I saw what happened with Will Davis immediately upon leaving the Dolphins. He was activated, played early in the game and made a very good play. Our coaches do not get the best out of anyone. If you can’t get Suh to dominate, you suck. There should be no reason our DL isn’t crushing people. We shouldn’t still be having issues with D. Thomas or he should have already been replaced. We still can’t get WRs and Tannehill on the same page. Penalties are worse in year 4 than in year 1. None of this would make sense for a good organization.

• Brian in NY says:

You just knew that was going to happen New Age. It was only one play, but it was with the game on the line. I saw no reason to trade him for a 7th.

Try

Did you mean other HC’s are shaky too? lol

New Age

Can’t argue that our coaches are getting enough from our players. Can’t say whether it’s scheme, or motivation, or both.

olddolphan says:
    October 3, 2015 at 9:19 am
    Brian in NY says:
    October 3, 2015 at 9:46 am

140. Try Pod says:

Mike,
    As a rule, I don’t care about the other coaches either, but I think it’s shortsighted to not look at every possibility and circumstance when trying to address issues. From the beginning I have said I think there is an inherent flaw in our “system” that starts at the top. Unless that “flaw” is addressed, am the little things between it and the product on the field carry that flaw. Similarly, just blaming the coaches on problems leaves out other contributing factors, so firing the coaches alone does not guarantee improvement.

Try

There are contributing factors, we bet on ALbert and so far have lost, and and otherwise, didn’t really address the O-line properly.

• Try Pod says:

Understood- our screw ups need to be addressed, too. Just taking a”wholistic [lol]” approach to our situation. 💩🙊

Brian,

That’s the problem with our staffs for a while now. You just don’t get rid of talent. If you can’t use it, then you are probably the problem. I know that every organization has misses but this team hasn’t been good enough to just dump off talent. In GB or NE, missing on a few picks isn’t going to kill you because you have some really elite offensive weapons besides the top notch QB.

I thought Vontae was the right move at that time but I was wrong. When you constantly are churning high picks for lower compensation, how can you possibly get better? Pay 100+ mill for a guy? Even if he is an answer, you have 22 starters not 10.

We lost our CB starters, got another group at a lower round area, and then just dump one of them for basically nothing. How do you improve? Hope everyone is a Brent Grimes? That sounds like acorn picking.

We used a 3rd for a younger and maybe better answer to Wallace. Did our coaches ever find a use for him though? Why not? Why waste the talent of Miller? Why not get a FB if you cant run the ball? Why so obdurate? It’s like they like a an enclosed world and have no clue how to adjust to change.

• Brian in NY says:

It makes you scratch your head for sure. I was adamantly oppesed to getting rid of Vontae, although I thought the compensation was good. Some say that he would not have matured here but you never know. It seemed to me that Philbin and co. gave up on him too early. JMO.

BRIAN: JUST to be fair; I never said the head coach should be replaced NOW!! – – I just said he HAS TO BE REPLACED. SOMEHOW my words got misconstrued, I believe. – – Clearly it would be better to wait until the seasons (both college and pro) are OVER so that Ross may have a potential bigger pool from which to select. BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THIS: A PARTIAL FIX is NOT what we need. Everyone from T-BAUM down to the scouting Department and the water boy (JK) needs to be replaced!!–ONLY the cheerleaders would be “SAFE” in my scenario!!
      ———————
      ESSENTIALLY, this IS what happened when Shula replaced George Wilson in early 1970. SHULA decided to keep Joe Thomas, but made it clear that the HEAD COACH, not the GM, had the final say on personnel. While many on this board will whine that “Oh, no, it will take another 3-4 years, minimum, to produce a winner,” fact is that’s NOT the case UNLESS ROSS hires another “Clueless Joe!” –Shula turned around a 3-win team in ’69 to a 10-4 record, and a playoff spot, in 1970! –The belief that it takes a minimum of 3-4 years to build a contender is ONE OF THE BIGGEST LIES EVER CREATED!! – – IF yo’re a good coach, obvious signs of improvement will be seen in THE FIRST TWO YEARS!!

PS: PHILBIN went from 8-8 to 6-10 his second year. –THAT’s when I called for him to be fired!!–And I wasn’t alone in that view.

• Brian in NY says:

I’m okay with Hickey sticking around. He has drafted well IMO.

WELL it’s a BEAUTIFUL DAY IN TAMPA BAY!! Temps in the upper 70’s with a light breeze. –Gonna go out and mow the yard before all the noon football games get started. –SO MANY FOOTBALL GAMES, SO LITTLE TIME!! – – And more of the same tomorrow!! –Ah, football season!!

Just wanted to say thanks to all who supported and gave prayers and positive vibes for Sam. I’m saddened to say that Sam has passed away.

At just 16 years old he lived life in a way that many people never have or will. Not only was he an extremely talented skier, he was a genuine human being who touched the lives of others and made days brighter.

RIP Sam, you were always meant to fly and you always did. So many people love you and always will.

RIP Sam. Best wishes to his family, and all that knew him

OD, that never happened, just saying.

I am sorry Tim. I am saddened for you.

This place is like the stock market, and right now i’d be shorting this stock, it was an ugly loss to the Bills but i look for this team to bounce back tomorrow.
    don’t forget the Time Change, set them forward 1 hour, makes this game even earlier

• Jahndoh30 says:

Oh man…I’m gonna have to record the game and catch up during halftime. Interesting observation about the stock market and the blog emotions. I admit, I’m pretty low on this team right about now myself. I win vs. the Jets isn’t going to be enough for me, I will need to see sustainable improvement over the course of 6-8 games before I’m suckered back onto the bandwagon.

OD, considering where we were in 2011, it would be logical to give a new head coach 4 years to get this team contending, if you keep changing coaches at every adversity you may never see success, comparing this team to the shula teams of the early 70s is apples and oranges IMHO.

off to the gym

Tim I am very sorry for your loss Brother!

Something EVERYONE can agree on!

Great Job UK!!!!!!

ukfinfan ‏@ukfin_fan 9h9 hours ago
    finslook wanted to chat to a UK NFL fan so yours truly obliged>give it a listen #finsup UKFins http://FinsLook.com enjoyed the chat Vero!

Fins Look ‏@DolphinsRuleAll 5h5 hours ago
    Had the honor of speaking with a loyal #UKFins fan on yesterday’s show! Find it @ http://FinsLook.com ! #NYJvsMIA

tim,

as always words at time like this dont help but i want to say i am saddened. there is no worse loss then the loss of our youth. my condolences to you and sams family

Moderators need to moderate! 😉

Great Job UK!!!!!!

ukfinfan ‏@ukfin_fan 9h9 hours ago

Try Pod says:
    October 3, 2015 at 9:06 am (Edit)
    This will warm piggy’s heart: https://www.yahoo.com/food/watch-bacon-lovers-squeal-when-they-meet-a-tiny-210029957.html
    *****

Now is the strike little piglet!
    While they don’t expect it
    (Piggy hands the piglet a grenade)

Jahn, the team has to start somewhere. We have to beat the Jets tomorrow morning. 😉

Overall: 1-3 = not good
    Conference: 0-3 = not good
    Division: 0-2 (at home – London too) = not good

We have to play a spirited game. The team should play for themselves but also for Joe. He’s already on the hot seat. We’ll see.

Tom sincerest heartfelt condolences to you and Sam’s family. WAy too young to leave this world.

That’s awesome UK!! I really enjoyed the interview!

Awesome Job UK..

163. rgs322 says:

Since I’ll be working tomorrow morning and taping the game, I’ll just say GO PHINS now.

Now back to watching college football. 😉

Really sorry about Sam. Gone way too early. Condolences to the entire family.

OD: I agree would like to see a lot more fire,intensity, and accountability from our HC.. I am not a fan of Jim Harbaugh.. he is an arrogant ASS in my eyes.. His brother on the hand seems to have a better combination of intensity and competence.. Not sure if it was your intent to compare/lump Jim in with Shula,Brown, Lombardi Etal, but i certainly do not think he belongs in that airy company JMHO..

Thanks, friends. My heart is with Sam’s immediate family right now. They have gone through the worst of times for over 3 weeks. They will never be the same. They need Peace & Love.

Sam’s parents are exhausted and distraught. They need hugs, peace and love. They’re devastated and I have no idea how they’ll cope.

Are one of you Admins going to get UK out of moderation?

169. ocalahowie says:

Old 27-16 NYJ
    Book 35-13MIA
    Real 31-16 NYJ
    D 24-14 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

170. ocalahowie says:

Who the Hell is Sam and what the Hell happened?
    Did he Die?

He passed away
      He is a young man who was hurt training in free style skiing
      Tim is very close to him and his family
      It’s very sad

Howie, Sam is the son of my wife’s cousin. He was a free-style skier who suffered a severe head injury almost a month ago. He was in a coma and he passed away a couple of days ago.

172. ocalahowie says:

Oh sorry to hear that I didnt know.
    I always read GO SAM but never see nothing else
    so I am just thinking it must be some inside joke.
    Sorry about the loss Tim

Here I was going to come on with some quip about what must happened over the last week, only to read about Sam. Sorta puts our silly little passion in perspective.

My heart goes out to both Sam’s family and Tim. Stay strong.

Great Job UK!!!!!!

ukfinfan ‏@ukfin_fan 9h9 hours ago

Fins Look ‏@DolphinsRuleAll 5h5 hours ago

Howie

20-13 Miami

Get up people! It’s two hours from game time!!!

177. ukfinfan says:

Tim – soooooo sorry to hear of your loss. That’s really awful and my sincere condolences to you and your family and Sam’s family. I was in a very buoyant mood this morning but that news has saddened me. Some things are just more important than a football game, but life goes on. Their pain will diminish over time, but I hope Sam’s family gets the love and support they need through the very dark days ahead.

Thanks for all the comments on the interview, but IT WASN’T ME. Someone has nicked my handle. My real name is Steve, but I agree with all Charlie said in the first 5 mins – not heard the rest yet, but will listen tonight.

Right now it’s time to leave you with a footy chant:

Que sera, sera,
    What ever will be will be
    We’re going to Wemberleeeee
    Que sera, sera.

(Usually sung by fans of teams competing to get into a Cup FInal here)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Go Fins

PS The Jest must be REALLY shitting it – check out this pony paper!

PPS Happy belated Birthday FFR

Stang 17-10 MIA
    Toba 24-23 MIA
    Wyo 20-13 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

179. ukfinfan says:

Fooking moderation AGAIN!
    Anyone, enjoy the game mob (hopefully)

180. ocalahowie says:

where the heck is everyone? is there a blog I dont know about?
    Sure hope its not that live chat. I cant get get on that…
    GO PHINS!!!

181. ocalahowie says:

How did I miss GDP it was on there since last night
    Hmmmm

I’ll be putting up the game day blog soon Howie. Hang in there.

I forgot I had to put up the blog this morning. My bad! It’s up

Game day blog is up people! Sorry!

185. ocalahowie says:

I dont do fantasy either and all they talk about anymore is fantasy points and starters and who to bench.
    Even thos headlines across the bottom of the screen is nothing but Fantasy. I dont get it…
    GET REAL!