The Wedge Scouting Report: Alex Collins, RB

Well Earth lives another day

Seems like some other planet outweighed Earth on the intergalactic planetary destiny scale.  Earth is so luck.  5th time this year.  Chances are Earth will survive through at least the draft.

Which is good because taking a trip to Earth is such a long trip and Momma Wedge worries about me away from home…

MommaWedge

Momma Wedge

I don’t want to worry Momma Wedge.  A worried Momma can do some irrational things.

Which brings me to Arkansas running back Alex Collins.

AlexCollins2

If Alex Collins Mom had her way we would’t saying “Arkansas” running back.

You see Alex Collins is a local product. He went to South Plantation High School, not too far from the Dolphins Davie Facility.

The highly touted high school running back, unfortunately didn’t get calls from college football powerhouses like Miami, Florida or Florida State.

Instead Arkansas sent a letter of intent to Alex Collins.  And he was going to sign it…but….his Momma took the letter of intent and ran away with it.  Momma Collins didn’t want her little baby going so fa away.

NCAA Football: Liberty Bowl-Kansas State vs Arkansas

Well it was an easy fix for Arkansas.  They just sent another letter of intent to Alex Collins father by fax.

And Alex Collins went to Arkansas and gained over 3800 yards from scrimmage in three years.  And Momma Collins cried on every yard.

Collins did a little bit of everything for Arkansas.  He ran the ball, he caught some passes, he blocked and he even returned kicks and punts.

AlexCollins3

No matter what he does, Collins has a real nose for the end zone scoring 36 TDs while at Arkansas.

He a fun runner to watch.  In High School he ran track for South Plantation and you can see that speed on the field.  Collins accelerate fast to the hole.

And Collins runs hungry.  He fights for extra yards on every play.  He’s a very physical runner punishing defenders.

AlexCollins5

But what really catches my eye with Collins is his balance.

He runs with incredible balance.  He’s not easy to bring down because of it.

Sometimes he’s not easy to catch because of that balance. He changes direction with ease while the defenders try to change position and end up having to chase him.

Kind of reminds me a of certain scale.  If Alex Collins was an Alien Weapon of Destruction, he would be a an Intergalactic Planetary Galactic Scale.

CollinsScale

So let’s bring Alex Collins back to Miami….for his Momma!

Watch his highlights here

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

712 Responses to The Wedge Scouting Report: Alex Collins, RB

TEMPLE
    227: R7P6
    WR KOLBY LISTENBEE
    TCU
    231: R7P10
    G ALEX HUETTEL

• ya know, I’d be extremely happy with that because we’ve got Conklin who can start immediately at LG and Booker who can split reps with Ajayi and is a very good all around rb. Can run inside, outside, catch the ball and pass protect.
      So, the offensive line has at least 4/5 of the starters solid and if we find a RG out of the many players we’ve got to choose from we’re good to go. There should be no reason we can’t run the ball effectively because one thing is for sure we can’t continue to throw the ball 37 times a game and have no threat of a running game. then, it’s all just about execution.
      Plus, if we go Jackson in the 2nd and Deion Jones we are shoring up some holes on defense as well as giving our special teams a boost.
      this would be a very good draft for us.

• dbolt48 says:

Id take that draf!

Good one. I don’t care which position goes first. But that’s my thinking too. I also like that you veered off from DE which I think we might do, due to the depth at the position. We have 10 on the roster not counting Dion FF. We need 4-5 for the season.

Here is a look at the 2017 RB’s

Leonard Fournette*, RB, LSU Height: 6-1. Weight: 230. Top-10 Pick.
    Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State Height: 6-0. Weight: 203. Round : 1.
    Christian McCaffrey*, RB, Stanford Height: 6-1. Weight: 200. Round: 1-2.
    Nick Chubb*, RB, Georgia Height: 5-10. Weight: 220. Round : 1-2.
    Wayne Gallman*, RB, Clemson Height: 6-1. Weight: 20 Round: 2-3.
    Samaje Perine*, RB, Oklahoma
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 237. Round : 2-3.
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php#pCfj6SBrJSz84jDS.99

Lou, I already expressed my opinion on Tannehill. It hasn’t changed and yours won’t either. That’s fine. I’ve expressed my reasons for optimism, I know a bad word around here, lol. You have a negative view about him. Okay.

So I go into the season more optimistic than you. Does it really matter? LOL

• I’m optimistic on the offensive side of the ball because we’ve got Albert, Pouncey, James, Ajayi, Landry, Stills, Parker, Cameron, Sims and Stoneburner. If we get the o-line right with a solid pick there and get a starter from the group we’ve got in house we should be okay there. But, we do need an additional running back and I don’t think we’ve got it from what we’ve got in house and that’s why I say we need to get a guy in the draft who can come in an split reps with Ajayi. Maybe Henry is the guy because he’s a big back who can get those firsts for us on short yardage runs but we need one more guy there.
      I’m optimistic that we’ve got some pretty good pieces on the d-line and the addition of Williams is an upgrade to OV when it comes to getting pressure on the qb. I’m also optimistic because I think we’ve improved the depth on the d-line and even the o-line to an extent.
      I’m optimistic because I think we’ve got an upgrade at FS with AQ and also think Maxwell is a good cb for us.
      I’m optimistic about some of the other young talent we’ve got on the team like Phillips, Lippett and Bobby.
      So, I’m optimistic about a lot of things and I’m also hopeful that we have a coaching staff who will maximize the talent we have on the roster and design schemes on both sides that allow us to take advantage of the strengths of those players.
      so, I am not a complete Debbie Downer.

Cool! LOL

It’s a very different season because of the regime change on a lot of levels, coaches as the main change. But personnel too. Our defense could be 70% different than last year. Our offense maybe 25%. But philosophy and scheme changes could be significant as well.

As much as I want the Phins to become a good team, I also like the retooling process. It’s an addiction. LOL

I need to gravitate to adding a piece that really makes us special. Can I get a hell yeah!? LOL

Walt’s Miami Dolphins Mock Selections

Rd. 1, Pk. 13 Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State

The Dolphins have endured issues on their offensive line for quite some time. Their tackles used to be terrible. Then, there was Bully-gate, which forced Richie Incognito’s departure. Now, the guards are horrible. Adding Jack Conklin could change that, as he would be a big upgrade on the interior. Conklin would then eventually step out to left tackle once Branden Albert moves on. It’s worth noting that Albert is terribly injury-prone, so Conklin could play tackle as early as his rookie campaign.

Pick change; previously Kevin Dodd, DE

Rd. 2, Pk. 11 Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor

Miami’s secondary is a mess, as everyone took note in a Monday night loss to the Giants. The front office will have to find help at both cornerback and safety, and the former can be addressed here.

Rd. 3, Pk. 10 Daniel Lasco, RB, California

The Dolphins tried to sign C.J. Anderson, but failed. They clearly want a new running back to replace Lamar Miller, so here’s a possible solution.

Rd. 4, Pk. 9 Carl Nassib, DE/3-4DE, Penn State

I don’t understand what the Dolphins did this offseason, but they apparently think that the recipe to winning a Super Bowl is to acquire as many old, declining defensive ends as possible. OK, I’m sure they truly don’t believe that, but they do need lots of young blood at the position after allowing Olivier Vernon to walk.
    Pick change; previously Sebastian Tretola, G

Rd. 5, Pk. 8 Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State

The Dolphins haven’t gotten much out of Jordan Cameron, so they’ll probably search for a tight end at some point in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/mocks/nfl/2016/Miami-Dolphins#BCf5yrJmrfkdFdA3.99

• I don’t see the upside to Howard others see. I see the burn marks on his jock strap but not the upside. Daniel Lasco in the 3rd? Why take a guy that high who’ll be around later. Much later.

He’s a press scheme fit. I don’t have any grand expectations about most of the prospects this year. I think it’s pretty muddled. The special ones starts and ends quickly top 5. The QBs throw a monkey wrench into the equation and we’re off. LOL

I still like 2 defense, 1 OL and 1 RB top 4 picks. It’s balanced. Finding gems with our 5-7 is where GM’s earn their keep. We can pick prospects in the top 2 rounds and probably be okay. It’s that next level that separates the good from the not so good.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Alex Collins, RB, Arkansas (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Denver Kirkland, OG/OT, Arkansas (D)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Jatavis Brown, OLB/SS, Akron (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Aziz Shittu, DE, Stanford (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Clayton Fejedelem, FS, Illinois (B)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)

professorloumiamidolphinsblog
    22 minutesprofessorlousmiamidolphinsblog.org

I don’t like Howard either!
    There will be much better RB’s in the 3rd than Lasco

Ooops! I thought Lou meant Xavier Howard the CB. LOL

9. dbolt48 says:

This draft is kind of weird this year. It’s almost like you have football players vs crazy athletes in round 1 this year. Definitely think the talent level evens out really quick.

You can choose from 20 prospects at #13. Maybe more. I have no idea who will pan out as the top guy. My favorite prospect is Ramsey. I think he’ll be a key defender for years to come.

• dbolt48 says:

Honestly I think Miami’s best options at 13 are Conklin, VHIII, or Ragland all immediate starters. With how hard Miami’s been looking at Burgess I think they will look somewhere other than Ragland.

Mike, yes psyched for opening day tonight. The Diva is pitching. LOL

There sure is a lot of hate and controversy with Harvey. I don’t really get it. Too much reading into everything he does, and too much coverage and scrutiny on the guy period. We should just be happy we have the guy here, our own homegrown star, and not chase him out of town.

Oh I agree. It’s all social media created. I love knowing we have 4 young stud like pitchers with another on the horizon in Wheeler. The only pitcher who hasn’t had Tommy John is Syndergaard.

We have a more experienced team, a major league lineup, young pitchers with less restrictions this year and last year’s postseason can’t be underestimated. We won 90 games last season. Anything less this season is a failure. I have us at 95+.

Dbolt, because we retained Misi and added Alonso maybe Ragland doesn’t make much sense. I have to say CB, OL and RB are at the forefront now. DE and LB may not be top dog anymore.

Ken, how is Shelby better than Branch? There numbers are pretty much the same. Branch is not the pass rusher he was expected to be but he’s considered to be good against the run and he’s gotten his share of sacks 14 as a backup rotation player.
    —————–
    Shelby has exceeded expectations as a pro while Branch has under performed. Give me Shelby any day over Branch

• dbolt48 says:

For the cost I think the FO did the right thing. In regards to the players, I think Shelby was a better pass rusher in tight formations while Branch is better split out wide…..so I have a feeling he was seen as better schematic fit.

I’m not sure you’ll see much difference. Your comparing a former 2nd rd pick to a UDFA after 4 years and they’re basically the same. One is 6-2 280 and the other 6-5 265. We’re going longer in the wide 9 approach with Williams and Branch. Suh 6-4 and Phillips 6-6. OV was also 6-2. You can see the change in philosophy already. We’ll see. I see it as a wash and a better scheme fit. We don’t sign players because we have no vision for them.

• dbolt48 says:

They did go with the taller longer DEs in FA…..We’ll see how that philosophy plays out during the draft.

Dbolt, then take into account picking up D. Moore 6-5 250, the same with retaining C. McCain and then still in holding the 6-6 260+ Dion FF being in the picture.

The philosophy moving forward is get up field, wreak havoc and press outside. That was Jimmy Johnson’s approach. I’m good with that. The key is personnel producing. Duh!

Someone has to clean up inside, Alonso is that guy now. But other LBs need to chip in as well.

• dbolt48 says:

Yep, a lot of physically capable bodies to work with….Can they improve the mental aspect????? Let’s hope so.

ILB REGGIE RAGLAND
    WR ALONZO RUSSELL
    TOLEDO
    231: R7P10
    CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL
    NOTRE DAME
    TEAM DRAFT ASSESSMENT

Probably waited too long to address CB on this one

16. dbolt48 says:

Liked how this one fell:

R1P13
    UTAH
    227: R7P6
    ILB JAMES BURGESS
    LOUISVILLE
    231: R7P10
    CB JONATHAN JONES

WOW, glad I stayed outside in the beautiful weather all day instead of getting caught up in the Tanny saga….SMH!

18. naplesfan2010 says:

1 -CB Hargreaves UF or DT/DE Nkemdiche Mississippi or CB Jackson Houston
    2 –OG Garnett Stanford or OG Alexander LSU
    3 –RB Collins Arkansas or RB Prosise Notre Dame
    4 –RB Drake or RB Marshall Georgia
    5 –S Davis Maryland or WR Peake Clemson
    6 –ILB McKinzy Auburn or ILB Martinez Stanford or DE Shittu Stanford
    7 –OT Lewis Nebraska or OG Thuney NCState or LB Elandon Roberts Houston
    7 –WR Payton UCLA or WR Chris Brown ND or Cyrus Burns or CB Jonathan Jones
    UDFA QB Driskel La Tech or QB Sudfeld Indiana or QB Williams UNC

1- Yes on Hargreaves, no on window boy, rather Ogbah or Dodd there.
      2- looks good, maybe even Nck Martin there too or a OT like Decker / Ifedi
      3- both good RB’s
      4- like both RB’s, especially Drake. But we don’t need to draft RB in both rounds. I’d go best CB, LB, or S here.
      5- Love Sean Davis!!! Peake is a good pick too.
      6- looks good either way, especially Martinez.
      7- really like Alex Lewis, he can groom to replace Albert. Love Elandon Roberts to groom behind Alonso here. Good depth guys in late rounds, possible future starters.
      7- BPA is good, or BPA of Jeff Driskel, Hogan, Allen before they’re gone.

TANNY SAGA?? – – WHAT Tanny saga?? –I returned late last night from a wild and crazy convention at the Baltimore Convention Center. The normally congested streets were jammed with folks celebrating something called the “Festival of Lights,” which, I guess, did a good job of running up the city’s electric bill (and the taxpayers’ taxes to pay for it!). –LIke GDP, I spent much of the day away from the tube and the computer as the weather was SO MUCH better than stormy Baltimore’s weather.
    ——————-
    DID SEE where Florida Atlantic visited “OD” University in Norfolk (pronounced “Nor-Fuck” according to Mrs. OD) and swept yet another baseball 3-game series in Conference USA against an Old Dominion team that came into the series at 19 wins and 7 losses. Well, the Monarchs are now 19-10 after today’s 11-0 loss to the Owls. I expect FAU will be ranked even higher when the major polls come out on Monday. Best of all, FAU’s center fielder (and the league’s leader in batting average) returned after missing almost 2 weeks with a heel injury. Look-out, Conference USA!
    —————–
    Earlier this week FAU was set to host #2 ranked University of Miami at FAU Field. However, just the threat of rain caused UM to cancel their trip about 60 miles up the coast to Boca Raton!!—Later this season FAU will play 2 games against the Canes in Coral Gables. Note to Canes’ fans: “It can rain, but you can’t hide.” This is fast becoming one of the best college baseball rivalries in the Sunshine State, and that’s saying a LOT!! Next up for the 21-4 Owls is a trip across Alligator Alley (I-75) to play the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles in Ft. Myers on Tuesday.
    —————-
    Mike E; Best of luck to your Mets as they play the Royals tonight on ESPN!

Good to see ya back safe & sound (well the sound part is sometimes questionable) 😉

Flattery will get ya’ nowhere, GDP!! But after a bouncy, rough, 2 and 1/2 hour flight last night from BWI to Tampa International, I MAY be somewhat less than sound, indeed!! – – One of my hearing aids popped right out of my ear during the take off!!

Yikes. Those bumpy flights always freak me out, especially in a smaller commuter aircraft.
        Also congrats on FAU baseball. I bet they get a lot of the caribbean talent there?

getterdone says:
    April 3, 2016 at 8:02 pm

dont care about the tanny saga, but agree with you there on the day outside. actually got my old ass off the sofa today and went out and enjoyed a absolutely perfect day on the beach. some good company some good beer and just why florida is florida. an absolute perfect day. then say around and watched the movie Creed. dont know who has seen it but it is well worth the watch, especially if you grew up in the Rocky era.

GDP: Actually, the vast majority of FAU’s baseball squad comes from south Florida. NONE of this year’s players come from the Caribbean, to the best of my knowledge. However, now that relations are being renewed with Cuba, there may be a chance in the future that a few of them might want to go to college and play baseball in Boca Raton in a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC!

I think the difference in all the drafts guys are doing for us this year really suggests our various needs. Most seem to feel defense should be a priority from the looks of things. It’s really kind of interesting…and counterintuitive actually…because we were 27th in scoring offense and 14th in scoring defense. Seems to suggest that folks have more faith in our offense getting much better than our defense impovng even a little. I know…stats suck, but I was just thinking about the thinking behind these drafts.

wyoming,
    Screw the GM job….where do I apply to be the guy deciding who all these finalists will be? Lol

Elianis, Tania, & Sara are welcome in my home anytime.

Randy says:
    April 3, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I know what you’re saying. My 2nd mock fell weird with lots of BPA offense. Looked like crap at first, but it certainly infuses the team with up n coming talent.

Fanspeak w/ CBS Bigboard
    13: R1P13 OLB MYLES JACK UCLA
    42: R2P11 CB ARTIE BURNS MIAMI (FLA.)
    73: R3P10 OLB DEION JONES LSU
    108: R4P9 RB ALEX COLLINS ARKANSAS
    148: R5P8 WR CHARONE PEAKE CLEMSON
    187: R6P11 OT ALEX LEWIS NEBRASKA
    228: R7P6 S KEANU NEAL FLORIDA
    232: R7P10 G ERIC MAC LAIN CLEMSON

Then Fanspeak’s own Bigboard. I went BPA in each round.
    Lots of offense. It fell weird that way with BPA’s, but hey, lots of good young talent to put on the team…lol
    1: R1P13 OT RONNIE STANLEY NOTRE DAME
    2: R2P11 WR MICHAEL THOMAS OHIO STATE
    3: R3P10 C NICK MARTIN NOTRE DAME
    4: R4P9 TE TYLER HIGBEE WESTERN KENTUCKY
    5: R5P8 CB RASHARD ROBINSON LSU
    6: R6P11 OLB TRAVIS FEENEY WASHINGTON
    7: R7P6 RB KENYAN DRAKE ALABAMA
    8: R7P10 QB KEVIN HOGAN STANFORD

gdp
    I think that’s the way I see this draft…just collect good young talent and go from there. I think we have some needs that are more urgent than others, but I don’t think I’ll be very unhappy with any pick they make. RB in the first would make me wanna hurl, but I’d get over it. Lol

gdp
    Even AP’s impact on games is debatable. He’s played on lots of bad teams, so just how big a difference does having even the best RB in the league on your team….and I think AP had more carries than any RB last year? I also don’t think Elliot is that sort of runner for the next decade, as AP has been, but I haven’t looked at him a ton.

31. uwantwat says:

Morning folks…just read the QB fracas and the only point I have to make is this. How long did Rodgers, Romo and Brees sit before they became established starters? RT plateaued last year along with the entire team. It was an entire shambles from the 1st game to the last one.
    This is the year he either puts up or shuts up, his apprenticeship is done!
    Btw the popcorn tasted ok.

Tanny needs to be part of getting more Wins. The skill set is there, just needs to get over that hump.
      Is that hump, a combination of coaching, scheme, playcalling, handcuffing him, OL play, & defense not getting over the hump themselves?
      I’d say that weighs heavily into it. Tanny has warts, but his work ethic is good, & he’s shown to overcome or make some of those warts better.
      I think Gase will identify & mesh well with Tanny. It’s a big part of why he took the job when several other teams wanted him.
      So obviously Gase hasn’t given up on #17, yet so many fans & arm chair QB’s have…lol
      I look forward to seeing how it unfolds over the next few years.

Wait, what? Tanny has warts, did I read that correctly 😉

Here’s my problem with what Lou keeps saying about RT, after he watched all the games on replay, ok so he may have missed open guys and caused some of the sacks himself, but what about the other side of the fence? If you’re looking to say he’s a piece of shit, surely you’ll find it after the coaching mess from last yr, but what about what he’s accomplished yr after yr?

When he first came up every pass was on a line, no touch at all. After watching his 2015 highlights he doesn’t throw many on a line now, mostly touch passes. I would bet that, if Lou had watched all the games since he’s been in the NFL, and he liked RT, he would be pleasantly surprised at how well he’s progressed.

For whatever reason some QBs just don’t peak until later in their careers. Take Rich Gannon, he was a career backup until late in his career, when he finally hit in big in Oakland.

Steve, lol, a couple, but none the size or quantity of many of the other 31 starting QB’s.
      I said the other day how several teams out there would love to have Tanny, so would their fans. I hear it all the time when I’m out & about.
      Yet, our fans want to hang him in effigy…lol..but going thru 17 QB’s post Marino will do that to the weak minded…lol.

It’s the non winning seasons that will do it to us.

Yup, that’s a direct result of 17 QB’s over that span…lol
        But hey, let’s get rid of a young big tough mobile QB so we can see if the 18th QB post Marion can do anything….smh

uwantwat
    Things really have changed in the NFL, haven’t they? Guys just don’t get years to develop anymore. It’s a “perform now” league. Although I think the QBs you mentioned would have played just fine even if they hadn’t sat for years. They were sitting behind a guy for the most part. Tannehill’s never had that situation.

Another good point. He’s had to go it alone. Even Moore wasn’t that much help as he was never a starter per say.

I remember the 1-15 seasons, and the 0-7 start when Matt Moore took over and turned things around, and other seasons when week after week we had no chance to win. It sucked, so be careful what you wish for at QB.

Was my 11:01 reply to ya…yep, be careful what ya wish for.

Now I’m all for drafting a QB late, let him develop learning behind Tanny. Ya never know if you uncover a gem for the future.

I have never said, I wanted another QB instead of RT. What I have said, is he needs to play better, have game winning drives/saves, have better pocket pressence, and needs to learn to read a D, so you must be thinking of someone else, or mistaken my bashing of him to mean I want to get rid of him. My opinion is we won’t get to the playoffs unless one of two things happen:
        1) Our D plays like the 2015 Broncos, ’86 Bears, or the Ravens in 2000.
        2) RT figures it out.

getterdone says:

April 3, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Yup, that’s a direct result of 17 QB’s over that span…lol
    ———————————
    I’m talking about non winning seasons under RT. It’s a direct result of RT not being able to win games at the end. Does it have anything to do with not allowing him to call his own plays? We may never know. We may know, if he’ll ever be a good 4th qtr and/or game winning type of QB, this yr.

My 11:05 was agreeing with ya, in your reply about Lou & the be careful what we wish for thing. Glad you still want Tanny on the team. They all need to get better, from the FO, all the way down to the coaches, & players themselves.

April 3, 2016 at 10:48 pm

______________________________
    does any of their teams hold a top ten pick? maybe we can make a trade and get Wentz.

37. Saints? No
    Packers? No
    Titans? No
    Cowboys? No
    Chiefs? No
    Vikings? No

38. uwantwat says:

Randy… things have changed for sure, I think for the worse in most cases. Running the ball used to be paramount but now not so much. I’ve always felt RT suffered from Garrard getting hurt, sitting for a year would have shown him what was required. Carson Palmer did this with the Bungals which certainly helped him, so many of the good ones did this. Now it’s a case of get out there and learn on the job. Some can’t handle it, Manziel, RG3, Carr are 3 that spring to mind.

RT has been trying to learn with a young QB coach in Zac Taylor who himself was a novice, just crazy, but like I said he has to be better this year or he will be gone soon as we find his replacement.

Gase I’m hoping will be the one who can show him and calm him down.
    Everyone says he works hard and listens, time to show he has learnt his lessons on the field. The OC will call the correct schemes, unlike the last couple of idiots. It sounds like I’m defending him to the hilt but I see the flaws as well and he must play better to stick around.

That is the bottom line.

Smart kid

40. Al in MIA says:

Nice article Piggy but one thing the highlight package of Alex Collins won’t show you is his alarming fumble rate.

41. uwantwat says:

DBolt…what is his rate?

The Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero guesses the Dolphins will be interested in free agent CB Leon Hall once his asking price comes down.
    Hall has visited both the Cardinals and Cowboys, but he has yet to find anyone willing to match his asking price. A 31-year-old slot corner, Hall will likely have to settle for a short-term deal at considerably less than the $7.8 million he brought home last season. Hall is the No. 1 corner left on the market.
    ___________________________
    He’s been playing slot & I think the hope is that Bobby McCain will fill that role.

I liked him in the draft back in the day. He’s had a good career. He does have a connection with Joseph.

He played well under Joseph, but his price does need to come down, especially since he’s been dealing with some nagging injuries.

43. uwantwat says:

Sounds like another Bryce McCain to me does Hall,pass for mine. I want to see Lippett start opposite Maxwell.

44. Al in MIA says:

“Here’s 23 teams that have a starting qb Tannehill couldn’t replace. Are the Cardinals 13-3 with Tannehill as their starter? The other day on Twitter someone said the Bengals would be a “force” in the playoffs with Tannehill as their starter. I’d really like to see that.”

I’ll say this about your list:

Panthers?
    Cam was the #1 rated QB and #1 overall pick in his draft (for many the highest rated player). Miami has never been bad enough to take a QB this high. Cam came into the NFL with more expected talent. That aside, 2015 was the 1st YR Cam recorded a season QB rating higher than 88 (in fact, first time he had more than 24 TD tossed in a game. Cam’s yards per pass attempt were going down from YR 2-4 while RT has been going up steadily every season with no reversal in any year. Bottom line is, as a runner, Cam much better than RT and he uses it to his advantage to move the chains and keep his team in it, but as a passer? in the volume of a game and the context of what RT is criticized for, Cam holds the ball too long and is no better at this aspect and it is why he was ass raped in the Super Bowl when his OL couldn’t contain the ferocious Denver D. As a passer, Cam maybe better on his deep ball connect if that but in the volume of work he’s no more accurate than Tanny as a passer on the aggregate of all range of pass types. All the pass stats confirm this.

Cardinals?
    Carson Palmer has been in the NFL for 12 seasons vs only 4 for RT. 2015 was the only the 2nd time Palmer has passed the 30 mark in TD tossed in his career (had 32 his 2nd season in Cincy). If you extrapolate the pass attempts in seasons where Palmer only played partial due to injury (4 seasons worth), he has averaged 530+ attempts a season for his career (his INT numbers on volume were worse than Tanny’s through their first 4 seasons). He tossed 537 attempts last season and that’s with a strong D and running game presence!

Bucs? Too early to tell but Jameis was a higher rated prospect than RT and again was the #1 QB and #1 overall pick in the draft (Miami hasn’t had a chance to take the top rated QB in any draft so far).

Titans? Too early to tell but Marriota again was a higher rated prospect, #2 overall QB (depends on who you ask since some had Marriota over Winston; both very high grades).

Bears? Been in the NFL for 10 seasons; his best output TD wise was 28 in 2014 and 2015 was the first time his QB rating was higher than 89 (89 in 2013) throughout his entire career. Cutler between YR 2 -4 of his career through more INT than Tanny has through is first 4 seasons combined (I didn’t bother mentioning YR 1 for Cutler because he only started 5 games but in thos 5 games he tossed a total of 5 INT). Cutler Accuracy numbers don’t say he’s statistically significantly better than RT as a passer.

Bengals? Andy had not had a QB passer rating season better than 88 (year 3) until 2015 where it was a whopping 106 prior to injury. Andy tossed a career best 33 TD in his 3rd season (threw 27 in YR 2; 20 in YR 1). In year 4 he only tossed 19 TD (talk about disappointment). He also tossed more INT (65) in his first 4 seasons than RT (54). There’s no question Dalton has had better WR/TE weapons than RT through their first 4 season as well on an aggregate level. Not to mention better OL and RB situation (RT had a good situation in last year perhaps on paper but not first 2; coaches chose to sling it rather than run it more to set up pass).

Redskins? Too early to tell but last year was definitely a breakout year for Cousins. We’ll see if he can increase his data linearly or if last year was as good as he can get (not much starter experience but none the less a guy who’s been in the NFL 4 seasons and has started 30 games now).

Jags? Too early to tell. Bortles had a career best 88 QB passer rating last year. He had a career best 35 TD (only 11 in yR 1) tossed but threw 18 INT (17 in his first year). His comp% remained in the 58% range YR/YR while his Y/A went up from 5.0 to 7.1 (Tanny last year had 7.1 Y/A). But again, back to the weapons selection, sure would have been nice to have Allen Robinson attacking downfield instead of Jarvis attacking underneath routes and especially around the end zone where a big physical WR can get the best of most DB. Perhaps Parker will be that guy and now that he’s getting past his injury will help boost the WR output.

Chiefs? Let’s get real here, RT has been better than Smith in almost every possible way through his first 4 NFL seasons. Even in one of the most crucial moments in a playoff game, Jim Harbaugh could not rely on his arm to move the chains and called a nasty boot leg to have Smith win with his legs.

• Al in MIA says:

Vikings? Bridgewater has been better in comp%; TD output only been 14 at best in a season (yea I know he has AP and the calls have favored AP around end zone) but there are deep accuracy complaints in the same way as RT there in Minny.

• Al,
      In reference to Robinson with the Jags, Landry may have run a lot of shorter stuff but our other receivers didn’t and Tannehill had them to throw to, he just didn’t take the shot.
      As far as the Cardinals are concerned, I’m talking the offense with Palmer vs Tannehill. Yeah, they have a great D but is their offense as prolific with Tannehill throwing the ball? No way, because Palmer takes shots Tannehill just won’t take. Imagine how many times the Cardinals would be off the field from Tannehill throwing short instead of throwing to a receiver who’s past the 1st down marker. Ain’t gonna happen. It’s not a matter of Palmer taking as long as he did. Point is, he’s getting it done now and nobody is taking Palmer out of that offense and putting Tannehill in his place.
      The point of the matter with any of those teams is that NONE of them would give up what they got now and take Tannehill as their starting qb. NONE.

AVENTURA — Dolphins linebacker Koa Misi hasn’t wasted any time building chemistry with new teammate Kiko Alonso.

Misi, speaking Monday morning at the inaugural Dolphins Cancer Challenge Celebrity Golf Tournament at Turnberry Isle, said he’s been working with Alonso, who the Dolphins acquired in a trade last month from Philadelphia.

“I’ve actually trained with Kiko a couple of times this offseason already,” Misi said. “He seems like a good guy. It’s going to be nice to have him there on the field with us and hopefully we can do some big things.”

“He’s fast,” Misi said. “He can make plays. I’m not sure where everyone’s playing this year but I watched him play when he was in Buffalo. He was a great football player. We’ll see what he can do for us this year.”

Misi hopes the addition of Alonso, defensive end Mario Williams and cornerback Byron Maxwell will more than make up for the losses.

“It’s tough to lose guys like Brent and OV,” Misi said. “But we picked up some good guys in free agency.”

46. Al in MIA says:

I’m with Lou on one thing…Dixon.
    This man is the truth…Marshawn Lynch 2.0.

I see the Tannehill bashing session is still ongoing with nothing more than an abundance of opinions.

• you’re right. I said I was finished but I keep allowing myself to get pulled back into the discussion when others continue to post replies or comments on the subject. I have no willpower.

• dbolt48 says:

Once again it’s personal opinion and that is all.

• It’s just funny how it’s called “Tannehill bashing” or you’re a Tannehill “hater” if you’ve got anything bad to say about him. You can’t criticize the guy without “bashing” him or being a “hater”. Do I go around saying someone is a “Tannehill Buttpirate” because they defend him?
      I seriously don’t understand why so many people want to defend a player who has done so little to help this team win games? He doesn’t win games for us but he’s definitely lost quite a few for us. But, let’s keep defending the guy like he can do it all.

You’ve called him an idiot, among other names. It wasn’t just constructive criticism.

• Al in MIA says:

I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to say he’s lost ‘many games’ for us. He hasn’t been able to overcome a terrible defensive effort by Miami but he’s had games where his Q1-Q4 production was enough to win most games but then the D decides to shit the bed during the same span (case in point, @Denver two years ago).

• GDP,
        don’t forget “douchebag”. I’ve called him a douchebag too.

48. dbolt48 says:

It’s a team game no matter what & the simple fact of the matter is this team as a whole needs to get better.

Lou, when it becomes an obsession to constantly criticize one player on a daily basis it can be considered hate. It’s the same thing as people who post on Facebook daily bashing Donald Trump. It’s an obsession. After awhile it becomes, we get it, you don’t like him. Is there anything more that you can say about Tannehill that you haven’t already said?

50. dbolt48 says:

LMAO at GDP😂

51. maybe we’ll get lucky and when the Kaepernick trade goes thru w/Denver we end up trading him to San Fran for their #7 overall pick.

52. Al in MIA says:

“As far as stats go, like the one’s you mention with Cam, I can care less about stats. Stats are not all encompassing. If you’re a Panthers fan, would you trade Newton for Tannehill? I sure as hell wouldn’t. There’s no way Panthers are as successful with Tannehill as they are with Newton.”
    ^
    Perhaps, but there’s no disputing facts and that is that Carolina’s offense produced mediocre results in a division with defenses significantly worse than Miami’s divison until last year when they finished 1st (between 2012-14, Panthers finished ranked between 18th-19th in points scored).
    Just as it is clear to you in your mind that RT would not have been as successful as Cam in Carolina, there is no doubt in my mind that Newton would not have won more than 10 games in Miami given the defensive personnel present, divisional opponent defenses/schemes, and Miami’s shitbox run/pass call mix.
    —-
    —-
    “Panthers don’t go 15-1 with Tannehill. Chiefs don’t go 11-5 and make the playoffs. Not going to happen.”
    ^
    As stated above this statement, the Pantehrs don’t win 10 games with miami’s D.
    Chiefs won in spite of Alex Smith. They don’t sniff the playoffs or even win 6 games without their amazing defensive output. They held their opponents under 17 points in 8 games last season including holding SD to 3pts in each of their 2 games against them.

53. dbolt48 says:

Good article:

@HimmelrichNFL: Scouting Report: Why C.J. Prosise (RB, Notre Dame) is the Perfect Fit for Adam Gase’s Offense

Folks choose which players they rip. How many times have folks “hated” on Dion Jordan by calling him fuckface? But, that’s okay because you feel he deserves it, for whatever reason. People have called our offensive linemen all sorts of rude an inappropriate things(they suck, worst ever, horrible), but it’s okay for some reason b/c you feel they deserve it….even if that’s not the whole picture. People don’t care. They still get the blame.
    ***
    The bottom line is it’s all about whose ox is being gored. It’s okay to rip on players if you don’t like them or don’t think they’re performing well…even going so far as to hurl juvenile insults their way that have nothing to do with their play. But, if someone rips a player someone else likes it’s considered “hating”. It’s silly but that’s the way it works.
    ***
    I think there are legitimate concerns with Tannehill’s performances and what he can do going forward. I know that irks some people, but that’s okay. I’m not gonna stop bringing it up just because people get butt hurt about it. I think calling Dion Jordan “fuckface” is ridiculous and childish, but I don’t really give a shit if people do it…and don’t feel the need to confront it every time it’s said.

Really bad example. Dion Fuckface got suspended 3 consecutive times. He got suspended while he was suspended. It had nothing to do with his performance. I have no idea what names the OL got called but I never did that.

My point is the obsessive repetition of the same subject being repeated over and over is ridiculous, and don’t tell me other topics get repeated like the ones about Tannehill because they don’t. But I also know why that’s been happening at a really high rate in recent times.

I dont really know i would go as far as saying Dixon is Lynch 2.0 but he and Kenyan Drake to me are like splitting hairs as to whom i think is the best fit for us. Dixon i think though is one of those guys where i wont be shocked to see someone really jump the gun an take him high in the 2nd. His film is pretty incredible, and only real yoke around his neck is the smaller school stature. If evaluators think what they see is inferior competition then i think Dixon goes in the 3rd, if not then 2nd. Drake i think is a solid late 3rd early 4th and on pretty equal footing with me as a complement to Ajayi. Drafting Dixon IMO would signal Ajayi becoming the complement back to Dixon

• I don’t see it that way. Ajayi is a very competent running back in all phases of the game. What it gives them is the ability to use either, or both, in any offensive situation. They could even split one out and keep the other in the backfield. Plus, if one does go down for any length of time there’s no drop-off at the position.

DBolt i have Prosise at about 6th, maybe 7th. I like them in this order. Dixon, Drake, Collins, Williams (if medical checks out), Booker then Prosise/Kelvin Taylor. I think either Henry or Elliot is overkill in what im sure will be a platooning RB situation for us.

Wow, can your dogs do this?

Round 1 Pick 13: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Bronson Kaufusi, DE/OLB, Brigham Young (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Harlan Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Mike Thomas, WR, Southern Mississippi (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Antwione Williams, OLB, Georgia Southern (B+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT, Florida (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Kentrell Brothers, ILB, Missouri (A)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Spencer Drango, OG/OT, Baylor (B)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Sean Davis, FS/FS, Maryland (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Demarcus Robinson, WR, Florida (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Mike Thomas, WR, Southern Mississippi (A)

Getting pretty excited for the draft. Tons of avenues we could go on that i think will leave us as a very improved team.

• dbolt48 says:

This should be one of the more interesting drafts in recent memory for sure. Really don’t know which way they’re going in RD 1 at all.

Same here. I usually have a sense of 3-4 prospects. I can justify more than a dozen this season.

At the end of the day, I hope our entire draft gives us some impact to help get us over the hump and into the playoffs. I’m not going to critique each prospect per round until I see what they are on the field. But we can’t end up with a bunch of guys not really ready to play.

61. Al in MIA says:

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    April 4, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Newton threw 35 td’s and didn’t have his #1 receiver all year. If Tannehill didn’t have his #1 receiver all year all you would hear were excuses that “he didn’t have his #1 receiver all year”. Matters not. Tannehill doesn’t throw for 35 td’s in Panthers O and sure as hell doesn’t RUN for another 10.
    ———
    Threw for 35 TD in his 5th year; Tanny hasn’t had a 5th year yet. Have to compare apples to apples. A mear 18 in YR 4, 24 in YR 3, 19 in YR 2.
    They did have a WR but he was listed as a TE (Olson is a reciever TE)
    Tanny didn’t have a real WR for his first two seasons in the NFL and questionable ones his first 3 years.
    Under your criteria , Newton should have been disposed of after 2014 or a new QB search have started for sure.

You know how the reports came out that Mario Williams quit on BUF as soon as he signed with us? He had a sub par year, only 5 sacks etc. You know who also only had 5 sacks? Jerry Hughes who played on the other side as an OLB. All the defenders on the team had their sacks go down. Williams had 14 sacks in 2014, the Bills entire team had 21 last year. Well done Rex. LOL

• Al in MIA says:

They asked some of his teammates about it, there were some who said he didn’t quit so it’s obvious it’s a matter of opinion rather than fact.

• dbolt48 says:

That seems to happen quite frequently😂

There was no doubt Williams was frustrated with Rex’s zone blitz scheme that had him dropping into coverage quite often, that was reported during the season. But there was nothing about quitting until we signed him. Coincidence? I don’t think so. LOL

Randy

I think Dion FF deserves a lot more of the shit he gets than Tannehill does. Tannehill’s played in every game (64), while FF has played in only 26, with one game start for the #3 pick. One seems to deserve the ire a lot more than the other, don’t you think? Tannehill gets up after being drilled every time, whether it was fault or not, and keeps playing. FF has been suspended for 2 seasons, and is NEVER there for his team.

64. dbolt48 says:

Yeah Tim, the amount of prospects Miami could go with at 13 is mind boggling.

I’m reading jets will take ragland if he’s there when they pick. So I doubt he gets to the 2nd round.

I could see that. They play a 3-4, lost Demario Davis in FA and David Harris isn’t getting any younger.

Boulder

I would be disappointed if Ragland is a Jet, but I can see that happening.

67. Al in MIA says:

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    April 4, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Phins D held their opponents to 19 or under in six games last season.
    ——-
    First off, only 5 games for Miami at 19 or under (Titans 10, Eagles 19, Ravens 13, Colts 18, Pats 10).
    3 points (19-16) a game is a big difference in scoring differential (+/- 48 on the season).
    In any case, the Chiefs were an NFL best defensively in points allowed only giving up 17.4, Cincy was 2nd at 17.5 while Miami gave up 24.3 (19th in the NFL).
    THe previous YR miami gave up 23.X which was 18th in the NFL.
    Carolina over the last 3 years? gave up 19.5 (6th in the NFL) last year and went 15-1; gave up 23.4 in 2014 (went 7-9); in 2013 they gave up only 15.5 (went 12-4), in 2012 they gave up 22.7 (finished 7-9).
    Offensively, the Fins went from 24.2 ppg to 19.4 ppg (big drop) so you take that with the defensive effort (loss of 1 ppg) you see a big shit show brewing and 3 losses shaved off an 8 win season.
    The question becomes, is the 24 ppg Miami did last year their real number or abberation in what has been an abysmal output of 18-19 ppg in 2015 and seasons 2012-13.
    I think you are unfairly putting the 19 ppg crap on Tanny that is all I’m getting at.
    The run/pass mix has been bad along with OL issues. I know you attribute the OL performance to the QB but as you sit here and say “RT wouldn’t start for 23 teams”, one can probably make the argument that more than half of Miami’s rostered OL might not even make most teams.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    April 4, 2016 at 12:31 pm

????? maybe you dont. and this isnt just a tanny thing. this blog is like that about the majority of issues with the fins. people are constantly put into one group or another. it has been that way forever. not sure why you are shocked you got lumped into the bashing side, you are always so positive about him 🙂

but dont think for once this blog doesnt lump others into groups. i have said over and over i am in neither camp. i am in the whole team sucks camp and am not going to just pick apart one part of this shit for a team but since i didnt say i think tanny sucks and hate him i am lumped into the defending him camp.

Call it what you want but repeating the same thing every day adnauseam multiple times is a pretty annoying practice.

69. Al in MIA says:

I hope Ragland becomes a Jets player.
    Would be nice to see our TE fire off the line and get wide open.

D says:
    April 4, 2016 at 2:30 pm

oh crap, run guys every one run. they sky is falling, hell is freezing over. pigs can fl….ok bad example. but wow D posted something with only two lines. this is the end of times as we know it.

71. Al in MIA says:

What’s going to bum me out is when the Patriots select Nassib 😦

April 4, 2016 at 4:14 pm

And then drop the pass when he gets leveled by Reggie? lol

cant drop what your qb cant throw to you. dont forget the qb sucks to bad cause his oline sucks to bad cause the coaches dont call passes to TE cause the def is going to just return the favor and give up an easy td. so bottomline he would be a wasted draft pick

73. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    The only thing Reggie will be doing when he lines up against a RB like Dixon on a dump off is the dirt flying off of Dixon’s cleats into his mouth..

74. Al in MIA says:

Let me put it to you this way, I dislike Reggie Ragland’s game just about as much as Pro Lou dislikes RT’s game. 🙂

That’s fine. I’d wager with you that Reggie becomes a very good pro MLB, whether it’s in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

This is what all the repetitive posts abut Tannehill remind me of. LOL

AL

Which TE do we have that’s going to fire off the line, and then actually make the catch? You realize Jordan Cameron is almost exactly at 50% of catching his targets, right?

I expect him to be better his year because I believe the schemes will be more designed to get him more involved.

He better be. He was a disappointment last year, along with the rest of the team. Even so, besides his one good season in 2013, every single year he comes up with half his targets. That’s not very good.

Mike E, didn’t Cameron play with like 14 different QBs in CLE? LOL

April 4, 2016 at 4:24 pm

tim,

that is true, i agree. no matter who does it for what topic it is admauseam. it is even more so when it is over and over backed up my opinion only or the hatred is so strong it is done with twisted facts/comments.

but that has nothing to do with how this blog lumps people into groups all the time. not that anything is wrong with it lou just seemed shock he was lumped into a group.

I’m not lumping anyone into groups. I have personally addressed Lou about him doing it and my saying “Tanny hating” comments were directed at him because he has posted about it multiple times daily for weeks on both blogs.

He played with 3 different QB’s in 2013, his best season. Maybe that’s the key??? 🙂

Campbell, Hoyer and Weeden. Campbell played 8, Weeden 5, and Hoyer 3

Rob

This blog is very lumpy!

81. ProfessorLou ‏@UolRosseforp · 1h1 hour ago

With Ryan Tannehill as the Phins qb in ’16 which would you rather have

33%Better pass protection

33%125yds rushing/gm

34%top 10 defense

• dbolt48 says:

I’d take the rushing yards per game. Takes pressure off the OL, QB, & defense as long as you’re talking about a grinding run game.

82. dbolt48 says:

227: R7P6
    CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL
    NOTRE DAME
    231: R7P10
    WR KEYARRIS GARRETT

tim

i didnt say your were. i couldnt even tell you who does to be honest. but like i said it happens on here quite often is seems.

April 4, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Rob

This blog is very lumpy!

its run by a pig, what do you expect

85. Al in MIA says:

dbolt48 says:
    April 4, 2016 at 5:24 pm

——–
    I’d take a top 10 defense no doubt.

That means the Fins will take at least 4 ppg off their shitty output of the last 2 years.

the Fins can already rush for 125 yards per game (or could have last year) but the coaches were the ones not going there by rushing way below league average in the attempt department.
    better pass protection could help but I doubt it would lead to a 4ppg change in points scored.
    the fins dropped 4ppg from 2014 to 2015 with the same shitty OL.

What’s interesting is that I took a look at the POINT AVG BY QUARTER for the Miami offense last year and on a YR/YR basis, wasn’t much of a difference in scoring by quarter between 2014 and 2015 except for Q3. Fins went from scoring 8.6 ppg in Q3 in 2014 to only scoring 4.2 ppg in that Q. THere’s the ~4 ppg drop right there in 1Q alone (Q1 change YR/YR was less than -0.4, Q2 change YR/YR was +0.3, Q4 was -0.4)

You’ve been talking about the same shit for a decade…just like the rest of us. Why single out discussion about Tannehill as being pointless or annoying? Because you personally disagree and find it annoying…that’s why. So what? I find your blind homer support for any coach or player annoying and repetitive, but I don’t constantly tell you not to do it. Why? Because that’s how blogs work. You support every single new coach or player that comes through the door…until you don’t. Then, it’s okay to rip them. You have that freedom…just as I have the freedom to discuss Tannehill’s issues…without worrying about whether or not it bugs you. We all did the same with Henne, but I don’t recall you calling people out for it. Probably because you agreed. Again, it’s all about whether or not a person agrees with the criticism. Those who don’t agree usually bitch about the criticism being unfair or annoying or pointless.

You completely miss the point but go ahead and name call and all that stuff. I never posted post after post that someone is great over and over and that’s what you’re suggesting here. So if you can’t tell the difference I can’t help you.

psychology of the blogger.

88. uwantwat says:

I’ve got the answer @ 65 years of age I will come and QB the Phins. Mind I have never played the game before. LOL

So what does everyone think of Ryan Tannehill this year, I haven’t seen any opinions about him? LOL

90. dbolt48 says:

Awesome📪

Tannehill 2016

Randy says:
    April 4, 2016 at 6:59 pm

lmao….blog irony. i know you are tied of others stating their opinion but you are wrong so just stop it. you are wrong. i am so sick and tired of you stating your opinion of being tired of others opinion so would you just stop telling others to be quite about their opinion and shut up about yours. it really isnt right you telling others you are tired of their opinion.

The thing is my comments weren’t about opinions, it was about repetitive posting over and over. A comparison would be watching the same episode of a TV show 17 times in a row. It doesn’t mean the show is good or bad, just that everyone else in the room may not want to watch it that many times. Variety is a good thing. 🙂

and randy you did completely miss tims point. unlike you he wasnt telling anyone to not express their opinion, he just said doing ad nauseam was exhausting. beside say he has talked shit for years is wrong. he has always been the one here who most of the time is looking for the positive in every situation. not sure how that is talking shit.

April 4, 2016 at 8:16 pm

lol, i feel so proud now. i got it, i got what you were saying. i understand eunuch. i can speak two languages.

Free agent Trent Richardson admits he “got lazy” early in his NFL career, and also called friends and family constantly asking him for money “mentally exhausting.”
    Although there are narratives that Richardson failed due to poor vision, or because he’s an “Alabama running back,” T-Rich has been a bust due primarily to personal reasons. “It’s very easy to get lazy in the NFL — not having everything scheduled and not having everything like at Alabama where it was so structured,” Richardson said. “In the NFL, everything’s on your own.” Richardson also said he bought cars for friends and family and “somehow got stuck with paying for five funerals that were each at least $12,000.” T-Rich also revealed that he financed week-long trips for people to places like Disney World, “And people still had the nerve to complain about the trip.” Richardson said he’s cut out the freeloaders and has resumed working hard.

Maybe he’s refocused now. I’d take a cheap prove it deal on him. 25yo 5’9 230 now.

He’s broke.

I know, so he’ll take a incentive laden deal with an easy out.

What would it hurt to bring him into camp, and see what he’s got? Maybe he really has changed his attitude, but maybe he can never fix his vision issues. Might be worth a flyer, unless someone has a good reason why not. Why close your mind to anyone, unless you’re totally convinced they can’t be an asset?

96. uwantwat says:

GD…I went to the shop needed food. Yes, I do know what the huddle is. Where the QB yells at the players and covers his face so no-one can read his lips or is that the play caller sending in the plays. Football 101 gave me lots of good ideas. I have been watching games over here since 1984. Mind you, back in those days we got the SB and that was it until around 1990. FTR rugby sucks!

97. uwantwat says:

Hey, I can still see the veins in Dan’s face and neck popping when he was yelling in the huddle. I wish RT would pop a yelling rant in the huddle this year. Tell Dallas Thomas to pull finger, the lazy bugger. Then again I expect Thomas to get cut.

98. uwantwat says:

AFL season has started here ,2 games in and the Crows are 1-1. The new coach looks like being a beauty. He knows what he is doing and has the players going well. Unlucky to lose the opener, really close game and nice to watch. We thrashed the cross town rivals who are our #1 enemy easy this week. Loved it. I spend a fair amount of time on that board as well as this one.

99. uwantwat says:

T-Rich another RB to get Pead on.

Steve, I wouldn’t care if we brought in Richardson to compete.

Please, Tim’s bitching is all about getting people to stop bitching because he doesn’t like it. He does it repetitively…just like he complains about others doing something repetitively. Same thing.

Dog eat dog on a Phins blog…can’t we all just hit a bong?

I was never referring to you and I made that pretty clear when I mentioned a specific blogger (Lou) who has been ranting on Tannehill over and over on both blogs saying the same thing over and over. I never told him or anyone to stop doing it, I asked him why so many times when nothing new was being said, just repeated.

“Tim Knight says:
      April 4, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Lou, I thought you said you were done yesterday and wanted to focus on the draft? I guess you’re still interested in filling up both blogs with the same subject matter.”

Nobody discusses any other player like this adnauseam. I don’t care if anyone doesn’t like RT or not, but does it really have to be said so many times? I was just asking, didn’t think it would piss you off so much. I’ll refrain from getting under your skin with all my bitching about things that bother me. SMH

ffr
    Go back and read my post. I didn’t say Tim was “talking shit”. I said he’s been talking about the same shit forever…just like the rest of us do. Huge difference. But, he is often the one complaining about others being repetitive. If you can’t comprehend what I say, maybe you shouldn’t respond to it.

gdp
    As usual, people are assuming I’m all angry because of my post. I’m not. I simply wanted to point out that we ALL talk about the same crap over and over again. For Tim or anybody to act like that isn’t how things work around here or that we don’t all do it is ridiculous. We all do it all the time. We just all tend to “like” the conversation when we agree with it…and can get annoyed with it when we don’t. I don’t see how that’s all that controversial. Lol

Randy

You calling Rob FFR is like a mom calling their son/daughter and adding their middle name! lol

Chill out, typical blog nonsense. We love ya man!

I didn’t realize calling you a blind homer was name calling. I thought you owned that! Lol
    ***
    Either way, I apologize. As I’ve said before, I find your unwarranted optimism refreshing and a nice counterbalance to my pessimism…even if it does irritate from time to time!

Randy says:
    April 4, 2016 at 9:02 pm

‘ If you can’t comprehend what I say, maybe you shouldn’t respond to it.’

lmfao. like i said blog irony. you completely missed what tim was saying yet responded to it and then tell me if i cant comprehend what you say not to respond to it.

ok here randy, let me make this easy for you. the only reason tanny didnt throw for 6000 yards and 48 td is cause the o line sucks. the o line would have given up 103 sacks if it wasnt for tanny’s QUICK feet.

oh yeah and bucket living is for losers

MikeE,
    Like I said, I’m not upset, but ffr misrepresented what I said to Tim. I didn’t say he was talking shit. I just wanted to clarify.

I like a good fracas.

Go Royals!

Fuck the Royals! LET’S GO METS!!!!

You’ve been talking about the same shit for a decade

you are right. i guess talking shit and talking the same shit for a decade are two different things. i stand corrected no way whats so ever did you say tim was talking shit. you said the same shit for a decade way way different

Time for some hoops.
    Go Tarheels.

ffr,
    I assumed you were just being a pot stirrer as usual, but I didn’t want Tim thinking I told him he was talking shit. Those were your words, not mine, and I just wanted to clarify.
    ***
    And don’t kick bucket life until you’ve tried it, Winner!

randy,

why are you apologizing. i really dont get why all you guys insist on apologizing. i get it if one goes over the top and loses it and attacks some one personally and out of line. but come on, just a bunch of old fucks who think they know more about football then the other guy and just having a bunch of fun busting balls about it. you didnt hurt tim or anyone there isnt a need to apologize for just having fun and expressing your opinion.

man if busting balls was taken serious mike e would of had me killed by now about skipping his articles

ffr,
    Yes, big difference…and that’s why I also said we’ve ALL been doing it. All includes me too.

Rob

You’ll have another one to skip tomorrow morning

Tim takes a sword as the blog stands back & watches…..

randy just called me a spoon. mother f’er. i mean a spoon. come on you bucket dwelling sister prostitute buying fuctard……a spoon. i am more then just utensil to stir a pot. at least make me a wisk so at least i can beat things

Sorry, but I can only blog now and then during the day, so I gotta jump in where I can. I simply can’t blog all day, so my comments probably seem disjointed. And again, I wasn’t pissed off…not even remotely. It was more about saying we all talk about shit over and over, and it can get irritating for all of us depending on how we feel about the validity of the discussion.
    ***
    And frankly…I’m already getting irritated with this repetitive conversation! Lol

April 4, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Rob

You’ll have another one to skip tomorrow morning

thanks for telling me mike. i do really appreciate it. at least it gives me the night to make sure and rest my fingers so they will be fresh to just scroll away tomorrow

LOL @ Rob

Again there is a different between opinions and posting something over and over.

If you walked out of your house each morning and once again all the trees on your street had flyers posted on them and stuck under your windshield wipers saying “Go Trump!” or “Just say no to Trump”, wouldn’t you be like okay we get it, enough is enough, or are reactions like that not expected?

I didn’t call for Lou’s posts to be taken down or anything, I asked him about it.

tim

i dont think it is the amount of posting about it i think it is more the amount of posting an opinion and saying it is fact that is the annoying part. it is fine to say something over and over it is the posting it like fact. like OD constantly saying ross is the worse owner ever. that is opinion not a fact but to constantly say it like fact just gets old. at least just state if is ones opinion

The point is that we do that all the time. It’s only when it’s about Tannehill that it seems to irritate people. Am I missing something here? Do we not all have one repetitive conversation after another around here? Lol

I do not not do what I’m referring to. I don’t post about how a guy is great or sucks over and over, that’s not what I do here. It’s very different. Do you know the difference between conversation, or making a point and spam, not the kind you eat? LOL

i just wish for two things.

one the fins to win a SB

second to understand the rules of basketball.

i am pretty sure both are impossible i think i have a better chance of understanding women

ffr,
    Shut the hell up. Spoons don’t talk. Besides, I don’t know about you, but I never used a spoon to stir my pot. Must be nice to be rich!

randy,

i know you addressed it to tim, i mean only about tanny but i am telling you no. like i said it gets old OD and his rants about ross. there are several things like that on here. it is just to some if anybody says they dont want to talk about tanny or tired of hearing the ones that dislike him get all uppty and say someone is defending him

randy,

i dont stir my pot. what the f is wrong with you. us 1%er sofa living fuckers hire people to stir our pots.

Ok, if that’s what you think. So be it. No worries.

FFR
    Woman are easy!
    You just say yes Ma’am!

randy,

and i will add this to the defending discussion. i have over and over and over made fun of OD’s comments about ross being the worst owner in sports. i have joked about it every time he does it but no one comes out and says oh you are just a ross defender. but dare i make fun of one who is constantly bashing tanny and i get it from all i am just a tanny supporter. even when my opinion about this team and ever aspect of it has been clearly stated.

what i am saying is i am basically right and you are not. so not shut up before i put a lid on your bucket

wyoming85 says:
    April 4, 2016 at 9:46 pm

FFR
    Woman are easy!
    You just say yes Ma’am!

come on, i didnt say what is the answer when she hits you with the leather belt and ask if you want another one. i said i want to understand the mind that says ‘look i bought new shoes’ and you respond, but dont you already have 18 pairs of black shoes and she says, yes but none of them are this color black

One last time on this.

Opinion:
    a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Repetition:
    the action of repeating something that has already been said or written.

But not over time weeks, months, years or decades, but repeatedly. Okay you (not meaning you) just posted that. Okay you just posted it again. Wow you just posted that 5 minutes ago twice. There is a difference. Not sure how that’s difficult to see.

It’s not about being irked by the opinion. Everyone has different opinions. Just look at musical tastes. That’s a perfect example of how we see things different at times. That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about someone blasting “Free Bird” every morning while living in adjacent apartments. LOL

134. uwantwat says:

Hey Tim would you like some of my popcorn? I’m a caring,sharing old fuck.

Tim hates “Free Bird”! You all saw it. Tim hates America. Lol

I purposely picked a song most people like at least a little just so I wouldn’t choose a song I don’t like and get this exact reply from you. LOL

tim

we all know you hate anything birds. we have heard your exploits of chopping down trees.

but what the hell does that have to do with one over and over and over sating their opinion

Telling me you like Free Bird is one thing, telling me repeatedly and playing it over and over is another. I don’t get how that’s not clear. But I’m done with it.

My wife chopped down a bunch of small trees one day while I was at work that grew flowers and were okay looking, but she wanted to grow something else there. don’t worry no animals were harmed, nothing lived in therm. 🙂

137. uwantwat says:

Tim…of course.

lmao @ this place.

ok if randy busting on tim for hating america then me for hating birds just doesnt prove that it is all in good fun i dont know how else to explain it.

139. uwantwat says:

How old was Don Shula when he first became a HC?

uwant,

the only time tim eats popcorn is when he is watching on his porch during the summer after he chopped down the trees the squirrels live in. he just sits and eats the popcorn while he watches them freeze to death and he laughs and laughs and laughs

uwant, the reality is no squirrels lived in the trees that got chopped down. The big trees were just trimmed so we could actually get sunlight. I’ve now watch many little squirrels be born and gtow up big and strong eating our vegetables. We’re a compassionate people. LOL

141. uwantwat says:

Thanks for that Rob. It means Tim is a bad man. Poor little squirrels.

uwantwat says:
    April 4, 2016 at 10:14 pm

How old was Don Shula when he first became a HC?
    wtf???? what the hell is wrong with you? are you serious? dont you know?

HE WAS BORN A COACH

Right now, who do we pick at #13 if you had to choose in 5 seconds? I don’t expect a realistic answer from FFR. LOL

uwant,

dont fall for that crap from tim. the only reason they allowed the little squirrels be born and grow is so he can shoot them and make his famous squirrel soup.

145. uwantwat says:

Interesting about the Don. OK, I will go out on a limb and state with Gase we might have just found our new Shula. I listen to his opening PC and thought this bloke has it. Philben never inspired me like that. Honestly, I could not understand a single word Sparano said.

How’d you know I was gonna say that? I didn’t even know I was gonna say that. I was just gonna say “Tannehill sucks”, but I didn’t wanna be repetitive. Lol

April 4, 2016 at 10:21 pm

LMFAO and FU.

Hell yeah I’ll shoot and eat any damn squirrel I find in my trees. But, now that Tim tells us that squirrels don’t live in trees I’m gonna have to look in the bushes. I do so hate beating the bushes.

LOL, not short trees. They like to get up high around here. 25 feet minimum if it’s a hollowed out tree, but mostly 30+.

I’m looking forward to what this team is going to look like because it’s going to be quite different in both coaching and personnel. I have no idea what it will look like, I hope good, and I have know idea who we’ll draft. In year’s past I could guess 3-4, maybe even 2-3 for our 1st pick. This year I got nothing!

150. uwantwat says:

Some young fuck we have never heard of.

151. uwantwat says:

Randy….when I was a teen many years ago and were actually allowed to own guns, I used to go and stay at a friend’s parents cabin at Mannum on the River Murray. Sad to say my shooting prowess was extremely poor. I missed every damn rabbit and squirrel I shot at. I guess this made me a lesser man in some way. It hurts when one of my Bro-in-laws was state champion in skeet shooting. I couldn’t hit those either. Wish I knew how to make emoticons on here.

randy

that is you problem. you are always beating the bushes. if you will just take your time and slowly part the bushes you will find it just waiting there for you so slowly take and get it ready for your pallet

uwantwat,
    My dad, uncles and brothers used to go squirrel hunting all the time. They’re tough to shoot…very skittish, but we all grew up shooting. Not many got away. Thankfully the little bastards procreate like..well…rabbits. Lol

Randy, no pick?

155. uwantwat says:

What made it worse Randy I lived in the country and just about all of my mates were bloody good shots. They used to hit my share. Damn embarrassing it was. We compromised I did the driving and they did the shooting. LOL

156. uwantwat says:

Tim…tell me who has MM13 being raving on about this year on the other blog? We all know we will not be taking that player.

This draft has me stumped. My knee jerk reaction was whoever the highest rated CB was left on their board. I just have no idea what the hell they’re gonna do.

158. uwantwat says:

BALLHAWK!!!!!!

uwantwat
    Did they make you clean them? We used to make the guy who shot the fewest clean them. Or, more likely, they made whoever was youngest…often me…clean the damn rodents. Lol

160. uwantwat says:

Randy…nope we all shared in that job. They tried that on me and I threaten to take off and leave stranded when they got out to collect them. Actually, that was something I was pretty good at. LOL
    Reminds me of my one of my mates, the first time he tried to clean one he got some blood and guts on his hands and he proceeded to chunder all over the place. Good memories!

Really NCAABB Championship game. The one announcer is obviously biased for NCU.

162. uwantwat says:

Tim….and that is nothing new?

uwantwat
    Nicely played. My mom used to actually fry their brains and eat them like popcorn shrimp. Totally gross, but it added another dimension to skinning the damn things when you had to crack their skulls open and pluck out the brains like cracking a walnut. Lol

Goodnight folks.

165. uwantwat says:

LOL…Yuck I agree with being gross. My Mum loved me at times cuz I used to fish at least twice a month, trap rabbits, as well as these trips to Mannum. Kept the freezer well stocked. Sad her man was such a loathsome prick. Step father BTW. We never really got on.

166. uwantwat says:

Night folks I have to go out again.

I’ve watched EVERY MARCH MADNESS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME since Texas Western defeated a heavily favored Kentucky team in 1966 AND THIS WAS THE BEST FINISH I’VE EVER SEEN!!!–Hats off to Villanova’s Kris Jenkins for a clutch 3-pointer that will go down in the annals of basketball history!! –And a tip of the hat to the rally by North Carolina when they looked totally beaten down 67-57 with about 3 minutes or so left in the game. I’ve always felt that March Madness was one of my top 3 or 4 sporting events of the year. And this game did nothing to change that. Nova had to beat Miami, Kansas, Oklahoma and North Carolina to win the title during their last 4 games. WHAT a performance!!–SOOOO-O-O glad I stayed up WAY past my bedtime!! – – IT was WORTH IT!