2018 Season – Game 8 – Dolphins @ Texans TNF

The Fest, it was beautiful.  Great meeting some new, very cool people.  Great spending time during the week with those I’ve already met.  The Game, anything but beautiful.  I would say to most of our surprise, it was the defense that apparently got stuck in the team hotel, and didn’t make it to the game.  Quite a few were so concerned about the play of QB Brock Osweiler, and it was our defense, which had been playing opportunistic football, that really let us down.

I, and a few others, including Bookman’s pal and Lions fan Fred, felt like the score didn’t accurately portray what we all saw on Sunday.  We were thrashed, and the 10 point differential doesn’t tell the story.  At the game, it’s hard to see the individual battles, but we were getting wiped out, and run over all day long.  248 yards rushing, with most of the damage coming from rookie Kerryon Johnson, but really, the Lions O-line, which was devastating our front 7.

I noticed so many damn substitutions that looked to me like we weren’t sure WTF we were doing.  For instance, at least twice, I saw Minkah trot onto the field, Baker trot off the field, only to have them turn around and switch back.  On the O-line, it looked to me from up on high, that Ted Larsen had an awful game, and sure enough, he was replaced by newly acquired OG/OC Wesley Johnson, who was the Jets starting C last season.

The injuries are really piling on up us and I fear what happened last year, starting the season 4-2, only to go on and lose 5 in a row is a real possibility.   We lost a dynamic offensive playmaker in WR Albert Wilson.  You could say he made enough of an impact to almost single handedly give us 2 of our 4 wins.  Now he’s gone for the season.  Our deep threat WR, who has been somewhat forgotten lately, Kenny Stills, gone for at least this week and maybe more. We will be scraping the bottom of the depth chart barrel to bring in Devante Parker and possibly LCIII (Leonte Carroo).  Hey, if you can’t get onto the field at first, hang around and wait for the attrition to happen, and you’ll get your shot.

I thought Brock Osweiler played well enough, and was surprised that some thought he played poorly.  Sure, Matt Stafford played better, but Stafford is a much better QB playing in his 10th season for the same team.  I thought Osweiler made a couple of great throws, and yes, one particular throw should have been picked, but he wasn’t the reason we didn’t win.  Even if Tannehill were 100%, I want to see more of Osweiler.  My plan would be draft a QB in 2019, and try and find your backup QB.  Maybe Osweiler is that guy.  Tannehill doesn’t fit that bill at $26M next season, so I believe this is Tannehill’s last season here, or at least it should be.

It’s tough to overcome injuries, and this will make 2 consecutive seasons where injuries have ravaged our roster.  Last season, Raekwon McMillan was injured early in game 1.  T.J. McDonald was suspended for 8 games.  OG Ted Larsen was on IR for 8 games.  CB Tony Lippett tore his achilles and missed the entire season.  Later on RT Ja’Wuan James went on IR, along with DE William Hayes.  This season has been much of the same.   TE MarQueis Gray started the avalanche, followed by Pro Bowl OG Josh Sitton.  ST’s ace LB Mike Hull and OG/OC Jake Brendel followed suit, and were both placed on the returnable IR.  William Hayes was just a little later, as he tried not to get a roughing the QB penalty by placing his full body weight on QB Derek Carr, awkwardly landed on his knee in his effort to do so, and joined the barrage of injuries and ended up on the IR.  OC Dan Kilgore who we traded for with SFO in the offseason also landed on the IR with a torn triceps muscle.

The last thing we needed was a Thursday Night Effing Football game after these injuries.  We’re short in the WR corps, with just Amendola, Grant, Parker and possibly Leonte Carroo, the latter 2 have 2 receptions for 40 yards on the season, and both of those are Parker’s.  DE Charles Harris is OUT (Disappointing!), TE A.J. Derby DNP, TE Mike Gesicki has a shoulder injury and was limited in practice, as was WR Danny Amendola and S T.J. McDonald with an ankle injury.

We still have a winning record, but can we maintain it?  We’re going to have to be creative on offense, now that 2 of our HR hitters are out (Wilson and Stills).  We’re going to have to look for Grant and Drake, and maybe our old long lost pal Devante Parker becomes a hero for a day.  On defense, we shouldn’t get run over by the Texans.  Lamar Miller has 371 yards on 95 carries for a less than stellar 3.9 YPC.  Alfred Blue has 216 yards for a 3.4 YPC average.  It shouldn’t be the run game, although QB DeShaun Watson is tied for 2nd with 216 yards rushing, so we have to contain him.  I’ve already mentioned DE Charles Harris is out, but DE Jonathan Woodard will be back.

DeShaun Watson lit up the NFL last year before getting injured, but this year has been a fall back to earth for Watson.  Watson has thrown for 1937 yards, 10 TD’s and 7 INT’s, along with his 216 yards rushing and 1 rushing TD.  WR DeAndre Hopkins is still one of the NFL’s best, but he’s been doubled quite a bit, and WR Will Fuller has been the beneficiary of much less attention on the other side.  JJ Watt is back to being JJ Watt with 46 total tackles, 7 sacks, 8 TFL, 12 QB hits, and 4 FF’s already.  We somehow managed to contain Khalil Mack, but the Bears didn’t have Jadeveon Clowney opposite him.

When we’re on defense, it’s time to start sacking the QB!  If I told you before the season that after 7 games that DT Vincent Taylor and LB Jerome Baker would be leading the team in sacks with 2 each, you’d think I was crazy.  What’s even worse is that 3 of our sacks came from William Hayes (IR) and Jordan Phillips (Waived).  That leaves only 8 sacks from our current roster.  Ugh!

For now, just figure out a way to get a win, and try to hold tough until the BYE week, which comes in Week 11.

I want to thank Stanger for his wonderful hospitality, Chef Warren for his chefness, and everyone who came down to make this last Fest another success.  I hope to see more and more of you in the coming years, and you all know I’m older than Methuselah, so please don’t wait too long!

1,244 Responses to 2018 Season – Game 8 – Dolphins @ Texans TNF

1. BailBondMike says:

Dolphins vs. Texans is getting ready to air on NFLN if there are any gluttons for punishment out there.

2. BailBondMike says:

Page turn:

To bad Trevor Lawrence is a freshman or I’d say lets tank the season and draft him. He is going to be very good in the NFL IMO. Kid is accurate and has a gun!

BBMike, you do realize asking coaches and 53 players to tank a season for some college prospect is pretty absurd right? It’s one thing to be disappointed in our season. It’s another thing to have radical fantasy solutions. LOL

• True enough, but he also has great pocket awareness and running ability from the limited amount of film I’ve seen of him. He’s tough to sack or tackle

Another sad day for the red, white, and blue!!!!! 😦

• It’s so sad for the people that needlessly perished and their families.
      It sucks they are instead getting blamed for not having armed guards instead of condolences and assistance. Since when are Victims political pawns? Heartless IMO

The inciting of violence of Americans against Americans must stop IMO

You took one comment of many and made it the biggest point. That also needs to stop. That’s part of the problem we have in this country. Soundbites and selected versions of what was said. That doesn’t help unite the country.

That’s what you got out of the article???????

Been following. So sad and tragic. Too many people who have ideological views and feel the need to murder innocent people to somehow satisfy themselves. Disgusted.

4. The MAGAbomber living in a van with Trump stickers and CNN sucks, etc was inspired by his professed father figure, the alt right self admitted nationalist president.
    Trump is complicit in Americans trying to kill Americans for their beliefs, religions, first amendment, or other protected rights, SMH
    When asked if he would tone down his rhetoric in light of the MAGAbomber, he says, no, he will tone UP his rhetoric, leaving open the question of is he wanting Americans to kill Americans?
    What is he doing to stop domestic terrorism?

David, you are part of the problem. Blaming others for the actions of a deranged person who can’t control his ideological emotions. Have you read about the Pittsburgh synagogue shooters beliefs? Want me to rant about what he believes and where that crap comes from?

• I’m not part of the problem, I’m merely suggesting a real leader doesn’t incite violence of Americans against Americans. It’s wrong! I’m standing up for innocent civilians, nothing wrong with that! Why is he inciting violence, and why is nothing being done for the school shooting victims, the children in camps, or the domestic terrorism?
        We have rights in this country, and they aren’t to be ignored.
        I don’t have all the details on the synagogue yet, my only point was we need to stop inciting violence of Americans against Americans, and do something to stop gun violence and protect our children from being murdered

• BailBondMike says:

David, you need to quit watching CNN. Not saying there is not a problem in this country but CNN has you hook, line and sinker.

• I don’t have tv, or watch any tv networks, I’m reacting to the pictures of the van, and the president lying to everyone verbatim and inciting violence. It has to stop, CNN has nothing to do with the president inciting violence

• The facts are disturbing, I don’t need partisan spin one way or the other, I just don’t like to see Americans rights trampled on, that’s us and I’m defending us, not anyone else

5. What’s important is inciting American violence against other Americans has to stop, its not stopping domestic terrorism, instead its inspiring it

Well if we were picking statements?
    This is the one that pisses me off!

Gab, a social media platform that has attracted many far-right users, released a statement on Saturday, saying the company had suspended an account that “matched the name of the alleged shooter’s name” and turned the messages over to the FBI.

David, can you please show me where Trump asked his supporters to send pipe bombs to his adversaries? Do you not see far leftists advocating violence on a daily basis?

We’re allowing fringe individuals and groups to control the dialogue and emotions in this country. Don’t be a part of the sheep mentality. The majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle do not support any of this. A minority of fucked up people are trying to create a civil war in this country and you’re buying right into it.

• I’m not the president inciting violence of Americans against Americans, I’m against it. And
      that’s what needs to stop first and foremost or any other problems won’t magically go away
      I know it’s more fun to attack the messenger instead of debate the message, but so be it.
      Ok I’ll ask point blank, Are you for or against the president inciting violence of Americans against Americans?

• Also if leftists incite violence it’s irrelevant, because they are not the president. The president is the one I said needed to stop inciting violence,
      it’s unconstitutional and wrong for our leader to encourage death or injure for political reasons
      The leftists didn’t swear to uphold the constitution, Trump did. I’m not condoning others, I’m just saying Trump has to be held to a higher standard due to his office. And me suggesting he stops incongruous violence, is wrong?
      So be it then, I don’t see that wrong, and won’t buy into that as anything other than I believe in the constitution and our civil rights, and don’t bootlick the authoritarian views or people

8. I would venture All of the networks report Trump worried about stopping the caravan, and not many of the networks are talking about Trump stopping the white vans with Trump stickers.
    Guess which one sent bombs to 2 past presidents, and a dozen or so other Americans? If You guessed caravan, you got the wrong van IMO
    He terrorists that are here must be stopped first IMO regardless of who You vote for all of our lives are important, and protected by law and the constitution.
    So excuse Me for standing up for all of us here, and our rights, lol. I’ve seen far worse

9. BailBondMike says:

Tim, I was being sarcastic. I would never want any of my teams to tank a season.

David
    Don’t say your standing up for me please.

The president is suggesting that you protect yourself. Simple as that.

Can you buy Trump stickers? I assume everyone can.

This one is still alive so he should be able to tell us why he did it????

And to top it off we can have a public hanging again!!!!!!!
    VERY PUBLIC!!!!!

Anti-semitism and Judaism is the religion of Satan. Trump is not a nationalist but a globalist. We all know that coincides with the Jews rule the world. That was this deranged fucker’s motive.

• I’ll say what I want too, You don’t get to control what I say.
      And yes, I stand up for all US citizens, and that includes You. If that’s wrong, I disagree, I know it’s right.
      But attack the messenger and never debate the issue isn’t productive imo
      The Messenger isn’t the president inciting violence, he is just saying it’s wrong for the president to do it, and it inspired the MAGAbomber and nothing is being done to stop domestic terrorism, instead we are worried about some Honduran citizens in a caravan smh

David, you don’t read what anyone else says so rant away on your one-sided caravan.

12. BailBondMike says:

Mehhh, LOL

Round 1 Pick 19: Tillery, Jerry, DT, Notre Dame (B)
    Round 2 Pick 19: Brown, Blace, CB, Troy (B)
    Round 3 Pick 18: Thorson, Clayton, QB, Northwestern (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 19: Ivey, Martez, OT, Florida (A)
    Round 5 Pick 19: Kaufusi, Corbin, DE, Brigham Young (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 19: Brown, Marquise, WR, Oklahoma (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 7: Donnerson, Kendall, OLB, Southeast Missouri (A-)

I did this so Tim can shake his head at me and say, what’s the point now at mid season. LOL

I didn’t TELL you anything David.

But you don’t stand for me!!!!!!!!!!

and I didn’t attack you I refuted your statements.

But I digress!!!!!!!!!!

• Refute what? The president shouldn’t incite violence ? That’s the point, anything else is just back and forth answering inaccurate assumptions of people attacking the messenger for simply saying I’m standing up for our rights.

Imaging if I said fuck our rights, and we should all eat shit and die, lol would that be cool?
      Lol
      Wtf what I said a good point, and it’s right even if the debate is wrong

And I read it as him saying to protect yourself?

Not form a mob and go hunting us citizens.

But if you took that as an attack go ahead!

Your use of the word our is not needed!

Most of my friends greet me that way so it’s just water off a ducks back! 🙂

14. BailBondMike says:

David, I guess what happened to the Republican Congressional Baseball Team and Congressman Steve Scalise you blame on Bernie Sanders.

• BailBondMike says:

I don’t

• No, Sanders doesn’t lie and incite violence as our president on a daily basis. What Sanders did was wrong, because I don’t believe in inciting violence is good, and it incites crazies to carry out death and destruction.
      but the elephant in the hallway isn’t sanders, that’s a distraction from the daily problem of deceit and hate from the top office.
      It doesnt make sense to grasp at toothpicks when tripping over a giant log in the way. The president needs to stop daily inciting violence of Citizens against citizens, its unconstitutional, and he swore to uphold the constitution

• Why no debate on if the president needs to stop inciting violence, . Just finger pointing at others? Why is that? There is only one president, should he incite violence or not is a simple question that gets answered with other poeple and events?

Btw it’s too late to answer it now, the distracting unrelated answers were telling enough.

15. BailBondMike says:

” lie and incite violence as our president on a daily basis”, “daily problem of deceit and hate from the top office”, “The president needs to stop daily inciting violence”, “Why no debate on if the president needs to stop inciting violence”. OMG! I knew it. Ok you don’t have a tv, but you must stream CNN on your lap top cause you sound just like all of them on there.

• Im sure Fox doesn’t ask the tough questions, lol

It’s not important what I watch, but I don’t watch any of them, the only point is the presidents statements bring up a lot of questions that aren’t being answered. This isn’t. A network problem it’s the leader of our country is inciting hate, and violence of Americans against Americans. It doesn’t matter about my tv habits or lack theorof, what matters is people are dying, what’s being done about it and why?
      It’s his words that are a problem, CNN doesn’t speak for himself, he does that in rallies and tweets and offhand interviews.
      But I understand You can’t debate the president, he never does wrong in some opinions, but distractions to me are avoiding the subject, and are just spinning wheels, I’ll speak loudly on November 6😎

• Those are my questions bro, but I’m sure a lot of others have similar questions and more. But again, this one single us citizen here tv watching habits aren’t the one in the White House spreading hate, lies, and divisiveness on a daily basis. And I think it should stop is the point, and I believe a simple valid one. Even if chimpanzees on dixcovery channel say they are hungry, or hillarys lost emails float up on Amelia and Jimmy Hoffa island, lol

David, you don’t have a conversation. Even though it’s a blog and just written words, it’s as if you’re talking over everyone and you don’t respond or answer any questions. You just continue to rant.

One more time, show me where Trump called for his supporters to send pipe bombs to his adversaries?

Did you read or hear what Maxine Waters called for Democrats to do towards Trump and his officials in public?

Two simple questions.

Trump is a brash asshole, even many people who voted for him agrees with that. But this is not a one-sided battle. People on both sides of the aisle, the president, representatives of both parties and supporters of both sides are at constant odds with each other and some decide to go to extreme levels. You’re stuck on one side of the discussion. I’m calling you out on that, and maybe look at both barrels as both sides are doing the same thing instead of accusing me of saying something I’m not. I don’t disagree with a portion of what you’re saying. But you can’t seem to balance out what I keep saying.

• Trump didn’t specifically say send pipe bombs, instead he sends daily hate, bigotry, deceit, racist, msygonestic, xenophobic, discrimination against religion, sexuality, and others Negative, controlling statements, and crazies are crazies, they take it to the next level.
      We see how it works, it needs to stop, and the daily inciter is at fault, not anything or anyone else.
      Distractions means You are sticking up for the agitator and ignoring his faults imo
      We need unification in this country, hate and divisiveness isn’t the answer

I’m not sticking up for Trump, I’m asking for examples that support your rhetoric.

Can you give me some clear examples of all the accusations you cited here?

David
    I encourage you to go through these and post the ones that say take up arms against us citizens!
    You should be able to corroborate your accusations with ease, Right????

• I agree with You, however crazies take it next level bro, that’s why they are crazies, lol
      They take his hateful rhetoric, and encouragement of violence and go ape shit with it.

Feeding the crazies with hate and divisiveness on a daily basis brings out their wors tendecies and isn’t advisable
      Also making it easier for mentally ill people to buy a gun doesn’t help either.

Exactly what is he doing to stop domestic terrrorism like the school shootings, Vegas, pipe bombings, etc? Could he do more is a valid question?

I didn’t ask for more rhetoric!
        I asked you to corroborate your accusation!

• It’s not rhetoric, its reality. You can’t answer if the president should incite hate and divisiveness daily, and instead go in differant directions. That’s called whataboutism, it’s designed to ignore the subject, and distract by attacking the messenger or other unrelated people and events. It’s not really an answer , it’s avoidance of the answer

Wyo, he simply won’t do it. I’ve asked multiple times now for examples and nothing. Just general accusations which is what goes on daily with Trump’s adversaries.

I can’t say it enough that I didn’t vote for Trump for a few different reasons. But I also know the accusations against him have been grossly over exaggerated. It happens to all presidents and elected officials. If people want to be real, get real.

18. BailBondMike says:

David, your repetitive use of the word “daily”, Trump does this or that “daily”, etc. is grossly exaggerated, paints you to be extremely one sided on this subject and coming from the very far left. TBH

• BailBondMike says:

very far left = talking to a brick wall

• Daily fits, he runs his mouth all day, even tweets shit at 3 am when most are asleep.
        I don’t need to point out his daily lies, they are there for all to find that dare to listen to his words, again, attacking the messenger and ignoring the subject is just whataboutism , and is avoidance of the issue or question

• BailBondMike says:

“Daily fits” – What did he say today that fits your criteria or yesterday or the day before that? Just wondering in case I missed something.

• Tester is garbage? Or was that yesterday, here is but a couple from today, there are MANY more from the prolific insulter
        “A sad thing happened to (Elizabeth Warren). Turned out I have more Indian blood in me than she has. What a sad event and I have none, so you know. We can’t resist. Can we resist? Right? But how good is that as a sound bite?”

“I won’t tell you that they’re aligned with Nancy Pelosi (a couple of Democratic candidates). I’m going to be nice.”

• Those are just warming up, he isn’t finished yet, more hate and divisiveness sure to come from his Chicago rally happening live

19. It’s unbelievable I’m a “bad” person for thinking Americans shouldn’t be inciting hate, deceit, and violence against each other. Especially from the leader.
    Whatever, I won’t change that opinion no matter what or how many irrelevant distractions come along, may as well change the subject

• BailBondMike says:

No one is saying you are a bad person at all. Just asking for evidence to support your “daily” claim. Also, to ask why you are so biased on this subject when top dems are doing the same and have been more extreme in telling people to go out and be disruptive and violent. Who knows, maybe it was that extreme rhetoric from the far left that set this guy off in the first place. Who knows? Hopefully, he will explain himself to the public soon and we all will know.

20. Tim You can needlessly attack Me all You want, but all that proves is Your what?
    You can’t answer a simple question, and assume wrong while personally attacking Me. But that was never the question, nor the answer, keeping it real bro? Lol.
    Ok anydaynow You can stop with the personal attacks against someone that believes is Citizens rights of this country, if You don’t, be real and say so instead of attacking and whatsboutism

21. Last time on the subject,m no one should waste life on distractions,
    I think the president should stop dividing and hating Americans one against the other on a daily basis, if that’s bad, I don’t give a flying fuck, I know it’s not and won’t change my mind no matter how many Hillary emails are found or whataboutism. I’m not speaking over anyone else or disrespecting anyone else, IM DEFENDING OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.
    Confuse , assume, attack away, I’m done

22. BailBondMike says:

Again, David:

I’m done with this conversation, David. You can’t have a discussion. You rant endlessly with no dialogue. I don’t think you’re a bad person, just very biased and unwilling to address what anyone else says. Playing victim isn’t working for you here.

• Again, You assume I’m playing victim. I can’t have a discussion with you because You constantly assume and attack me, but you are wrong every time. His isn’t even about me , is lost, it’s about the president spreading hate and divisiveness. You only wish to confuse the issue with irrelevant blush it’s and wrong assumptions. Maybe your hate and divisiveness came from him.
      But sorry dude, I can’t debate with such a hardheaded person they ignore the subject and attack the messenger. No hard feelings

Anybody who ties things like the mail bombs and the synagogue shooting to politics of any stripe is an idiot. These people are plain crazy…they don’t need an excuse or prompting. It’s always just a matter of time. And anybody who trys to reason or debate with David is tilting at windmills. Plus he’s a socialist, not an American.

25. The Constitution isn’t Socialist, what a lying idiot

David, we talked on the phone maybe 8 years ago about the Dolphins and fishing and other stuff. I couldn’t get a word in edgewise. That’s what is happening here. You cruise right on by anything anyone else says so it’s no longer a discussion. It’s one person ranting and another forced to listen.

You have multiple people accusing you of the same thing here today but it’s not you, it’s everyone else. Maybe slow down and listen for once.

• I’m sorry for that 8 years ago, wow, didn’t mean anything personal. I don’t post for days and all of a sudden have time to post. But I’m certain on the phone call I didn’t attack You, nor make hurtful assumptions like You are today. But I do apologize for talking too much.

It’s true I could slow down and view the personal attacks here for awhile, or call out the attacks as irrelevant distractions, either way this isn’t the proper place for debate for a myriad of reasons IMO.

Sad thing was I never wanted to debate, only made a simple statement and the personal attacks started slinging full speed ahead. I’ll retract it if it helps, lol

Lol….that was fun.

David I’m not trying to be a dick. but do you have the sources of your quotes?

It’s not you!

I’m just not a very trusting sole!!!!!!!! It’s my issue

Sorry forgot the “quotes”

• I don’t want to go round and round on sources, but Yea, Trumps mouth, he says stuff like this on YouTube or most all the networks left to right. A live or recorded statement, not opinions of others.
      . He has almost daily rally’s where he goes on for hours, listen to one. The source is DJT, and I realize it’s not a good one, but it is straight from the horses mouth so to speak

• And of course twitter, he tweets a lot, google and YouTube gets the searching started on live and recorded statements. I cut the cable cord 5 years back

Okay, ‘nuff of that.

What do we do on Sunday, when the Dolphins are not playing?

30. BailBondMike says:

Ryan Finley of NCState is another interesting QB prospect I am going to watch against Syracuse tonight..

31. BailBondMike says:

Probably watch NASCAR also Wyoming but only half interested since Brad Keselowski missed the top 8 cut off last week. Sucks, I had to hang up my Miller Lite hat. Hope I don’t have to hang up my fins hat(s) to soon.

32. Phel I said I was an independent, but you making up lies doesn’t change Me, or who I will vote for .
    Your lies are pathetic bro, just sayin

33. BailBondMike says:

Ryan Finley looks real good to start the game!

34. BailBondMike says:

David says ” The source is DJT”. How is a “Designated Jizz Towel” a source? LOL

Wow, Kentucky rallies and wins on last play of game

36. BailBondMike says:

Maybe I spoke to soon on Finley. Will have to watch more.

David, I never insulted you. I accused you of not listening to anyone else. Which is what I see as apparent. You have a right to your views. But so do others.

“Sad thing was I never wanted to debate”

That’s the problem. You get to rant bur no rebuttal allowed. You can’t say stuff and then say no comments accepted. WTF is that? LOL

I wanted to have a conversation but none existed. Then you accuse everyone of attacking you. Pretty much everyone was asking you for examples of what you were talking about which you did not provide. Just more general accusations of what you were saying.

Simple example of what you were saying would be like you saying the waters in Florida are green and someone asks you why, and you keep saying the waters in Florida are green. We want to know why.

I agree with you on conservation efforts in this country. People are polluting this country and world with no conscience. We had this discussion weeks ago. It was actually a conversation. Not today.

Is it really worth talking politics? I mean, most of us (if not ALL of us) are over 40 years old, and our minds are already made up about politics. It’s not as though the light is suddenly going to turn on for somebody on either side.

I occasionally see spirited, civil political debate here… but it’s not going to change anybody’s mind, regardless. Most often, it turns into fight between good people… and I consider everyone here to be good people.

I’ve got my political opinions and I’ll keep them to myself for the sake of peace on this blog… I’ve found my vent for political opinions elsewhere.

I’m NOT trying to tell the peeps what they can or cannot say, I just ask… is it worth it? I’ve seen too many friendships collapse regarding politics over the years… especially in recent years.

Just some food for thought.

Regarding QB Ryan Finley… I like him. I just wanted to see TANGIBLE growth from last season, and I’m not yet seeing it. Perhaps he continues to get better as the season progresses, but I’m not YET sold on him. DEFINITELY somebody to keep watching, though!

I see we are taking our frustrations about our team out on each other. SNAFU

Ken, David’s recent rants had nothing to do about the Dolphins. He went off politically and wouldn’t comply to any rebuttals about what he said. Let’s not mix the two. I and many others tried to have a conversation. He refuted everyone’s attempt at a conversation. So let’s not make simple statements about it because it’s not fair. That’s not how it went down. David started it and didn’t like the responses he got.

#6 Texas is going down on #BarrySanders night @ Oklahoma State!

October 27, 2018 at 3:52 pm

Right, never said it. WTF?!

Ken, once again not fair. I guessed you missed it.

[video src="https://media.giphy.com/media/TpcfhW30toYdq/giphy.mp4" /]

——————
    This is me, agreeing with Bat.

—————-
    Oh boy…

48. ElephantRider says:

I got 2 private parties booked since it’s a no Fin weekend. I’ll just work…..

BBM
    I was lost without a driver until Chase came in and took his Dad’s place!

the #9 Coors car will always be #1!!!!!!!!!

Somebody please find us our next QB. I can’t bear another season with either Tannehill or Osweiler as our starter, at least not unless it’s just keeping the seat warm for our rookie QB. I want to get off this merry-go-round. We need to do better at QB. There are a few positions we need to do better at, but as we all know, QB is tops on that list.

52. Krishna says:

Mrs. Krishna and I will be in Chicago this weekend before heading to the Mayo on Monday. Any mobsters in the area are welcome and invited to join us. Although, the Dolphins are awful to watch right now. The last 2 games left me pretty disgusted.

The Merry go round was rolling last night i see.

Tim:
    I am well aware of the topic of conversation. My point is our team is playing so bad that we would rather talk about other things which all wind up with everyone taking potshots at one another

we should rebound, i think we just need a couple of wins to get back on track, still a half season to go.

56. BailBondMike says:

I wish Gase would turnover play calling to the OC and concentrate on coaching the whole team.

Wait, I think I just repeated myself from week 2.

57. BailBondMike says:

Wyoming, I was also lost without a driver when Crusty Rusty retired. I couldn’t stand Kurt Bush when he took over so I was lost. I like Keselowski which brought me back to watching. Rusty was never the same driver after Dale Earnhardt died in that crash (IMO). At least on the big tracks, he was still good on the short tracks.

One more thing on the mail bomber. One of the foundational causes of the divide in America today is that so many people go directly to “us or them” when bad things happen, rather than engage in critical thought, like it’s some kind of score card. Crazy is crazy. His politics didn’t cause him to mail bombs – his crazy did. Just like the dude that mailed Ricin to Mattis and others a few weeks ago or the Vegas shooter or the Congressional ball game shooter or the Boston bombers. Crazy. Not democrats or republicans or white males or black females or LGBT or anything else – just crazy. And yet we allow lazy media personalities that can’t spell journalism and shallow, irrelevant politicians guide our conversations to where everything is identity politics.

Unless you are a socialist. Socialist have no place in America and should be deported and immediately air dropped into Venezuela..

Happy Birthday Herd have a great one. This place wouldn’t be this place without you.

60. BailBondMike says:

Happy Birthday Herd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61. BailBondMike says:

M13, I like Ryan Finley. Think he is going to be good. I also think he has not stepped up his game is due to losing 3-4 starters on the OL and a few weapons. Although, WR Kelvin Harmon is a freaking beast 6’3″ 214 and may run a sub 4.5. He was unstoppable last night – 11 rec for 247 yards and 2 TD’s.

Eric Dungey played a really good game for Syracuse last night. It was a good game to watch.

I agree with ORob that the season isn’t over. Two very winnable games coming up then the bye. That said, those last two games were hard to stomach. We all (well most of us) knew that Osweiler was not the answer. Tannehill probably isn’t, but he’s what we have right now and he’s good enough if the rest of the team plays well. Gase is a bigger problem. His play calling is mind numbing. I don’t care how much the NFL frees up the passing game – when you’re 4th and half a yard, you run the ball. Every time.

63. BailBondMike says:

Sorry about yesterday evening y’all. I never get into political stuff here and usually quickly scroll through it but when David said “Also if leftists incite violence it’s irrelevant” I was like “WTF” and got sucked in. I should have realized then it was a one way street.

Happy Birthday Herd.

65. ElephantRider says:

I don’t see Green Bay as a winnable game. They cant sack a QB and they are going to have to have to score 40 pts….

Happy B-Day Herd

Happy birthday Herd. Your Dolphins can’t lose today

70. ElephantRider says:

Son

They are 1-3 on the road. The heat advantage is about done for the home games too. That’s not boding well for this team that seems to get worse and worse.

Maybe this long weekend will help??

Happy Birthday, Herd!

I do think the GB game is winnable. But we won’t win. LOL

With this team there is no such thing as a winnable game

74. Another Phins season gone to shit and it’s only half way thru the season. Whoopie!! I’m with OD. I hope Ross sells the team. Not going to happen but I hope he does.
    In any case, if he doesn’t then I hope he fires Tannenbaum and Gase and his staff and the worthless GM who hasn’t found any talent in the three years he’s been doing his job.
    Hire Bieniemy as the HC and let him bring in his staff and hopefully find someone intelligent enough to run the football operation side.
    Bieniemy is the next guy who’s going to be a head coach and he’s going to get the job with someone and, when he does, he’s going to be the next guy to turn a franchise around. May as well be ours.

Happy Birthday Herd!!!

Phelon – Excellent post at 9:49AM

Happy BDay Herd.. thanks for all ya do around here..

78. BailBondMike says:

Well, the Jags, Broncos, Ravens and Jets lose so far. Bucs almost pulled it off against the Bengals and, of course, Landry and company could not beat the Steelers for us.

79. BailBondMike says:

Now pulling for Raiders, Packers and Bills.

80. naplesfan2010 says:

Thanx for posting the pix Toba.
    It was great to meet you and your lovely wife.
    Pls let her know I send her arm some get well soon wishes.

81. naplesfan2010 says:

Happy Birthday Herd, impressed that you stay so youthful.
    May you have a whole year where everything goes just as you wish it would go.

Krishna ; prayers and best wishes to your wife as well.. ya’ll got this

So today Detroit gets run on and can’t run the ball….go figure.

Happy Birthday Herd

Thanks for all the bday wishes.

It just pisses me off to see other teams play. I literally can’t watch football without getting pissed that other teams can do the simplest things and we can’t.

Just me?

Krishna – Best wishes to your wife, she’s a sweetheart, and both of us are pulling for her.

Toba – Thanks for posting the pics, I didn’t have time to put them in the article, so glad you took care of that.

SUPER HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HERD! And a gazillion best wishes for Mrs. Krishna!
    ————-
    Just got back late last night from Baltimore Convention, which was very successful for our company. Predicted Nor’Easter never hit downtown B’more. Methinks Weather Channel cried wolf to sell more advertising. David, check into that, will you??
    ————-
    A bit early for draftniks?? Blame the putrid status of Ross-Led Dolphins for this. Right now, I believe a winning season for the Fins this year is out of the question. But what’s new about that??
    Phelonius—–start saving up your money.

90. ElephantRider says:

Yes Herd

I find myself wondering how seemingly everyone else makes it look so easy at times. Where we just struggle for everything.

The Packers almost did it, someone needs to beat the Rams.

This guy Hill for the Saints is the modern day Crash Jenson.

Yeah I agree. I noticed him a few weeks back in a game and I was like who is this dude. He does everything. I like players like that.

As opposed to our players who do nothing. No offense intended on post. Hulk just angry

We still have some good young talent on this team, but the team we were supposed to roll with has been compromised. It is what it is. Nothing seems to go right for us and yes the coaching has been suspect.

OD – There is still hope! It springs eternal!

It’s NEVER too early to scout college football. Even the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles are scouting, as are the now undefeated Rams… as are all 30 other teams: it’s a job to secure the future of a franchise.

Scouting doesn’t mean a team has given up on the current season!

Shout out to our resident scouts here on the F-MU (you know who you are)!!!

———–
    WOW!!!

96. ElephantRider says:

Can I give up and not scout?

Mr. Campbell,

Saw your post the other day about your ‘cousin’ winning the Mega Mils jackpot, suggesting that you and I take over the front office of our Miami Dolphins! LOL, PROPS, my man!!! That was nice!!! 🙂

And didn’t I tell y’all about some Tackle from Arkansas Pine-Bluff (MAN CRUSH), who now mans the LT position for one Drew Brees tonight, and has for a few years?!!

WOW, WTF was that, Kirk Cousins?

Wyoming, who are ya rooting for in the World Series, man?

mf13ss says:
    October 28, 2018 at 10:27 pm
    I should probably turn the channel over to the World Series at this point!
    ———————————-
    It’s almost to late!
    Looks like Boston gets to take the trophy home!
    Unless LA can do something in the next 6 outs!!!

I’ve got it going on!!!

I’m listening to the World Series via radio, putting the Saints-Vikings game on mute. I can watch the NFL game without having to hear Chris Collinsworth(less) repeatedly saying, “I’ll tell ya what…”

WINNING!!! 😀

Adam Thielen, you ROCK!!!

Dodgers are in deep poop, now.

104. ElephantRider says:

Watching highlights on NFLN. This is terrible. They show a couple plays then I gotta listen to them ramble on and on. Some games they dont even show? Just blah blah blah….Shanon Sharpe is the worst. This show is their game day show? Absolutely horrible.

Shannon Sharpe is neither insightful nor entertaining, or at least i dont find him either of those, which is what makes commentators on those kinds of shows watchable. There are only some of them that have one or the other of those qualities and very very few that have both.

Madden had both, though i think the entertaining part was on accident and it was more that he was a caricature of himself more so than actually trying to be entertaining. Romo is both, i enjoy listening to games broadcast by him.

Go Buffalo GO GO BUFFALO!!

October 26, 2018 at 5:01 pm

I don’t think he meant it that way Tim, just that people who don’t feel even toned are going to bitch about the things they want to bitch about regardless of whether I bitch about them or not. At least that’s what I think he was saying
    ———————————————
    You got it Mikey.

Best Sunday i have had in a while this past Sunday, no anxiety of how w/L no anxiety of what kind of shit show i would be watching. Just peaceful relaxation knowing my team wouldn’t be the laughing stock of this Sunday’s NFL games.

See Mikey, there is the silver lining of Thursday night football, your team can implode and it not ruin your weekend!

I actually love it when the season is lost

This weekend I will probably watch the game on TV

No drinking at slatterys
      I can do Landry and other errands during the game

Weeeeeeeee

In the next 4 games (packers, colts, bills and Cheats)
      I will probably only go to slatterys half the the time
      And will just watch a couple of those games locally in Queens at a sports bar

The Dolphins have not scored a touchdown on an opening drive in 18 straight games.

No firings or cuts yet?

I just realized it’s jests week

This is he kind of game that separates 8-8 from 5-11…lol

Hard to get excited except that the jests are 💩

I hope we sweep them

Adam Thielen played his college ball about 10 minutes from me. My daughter is going to the same school. You would never have guessed he would become this sort of player in the NFL based on his college career. He’s really worked hard to turn himself into a top notch receiver.
    ***
    All that aside: With how the NFL is officiated and played now, it’s making average QB/WR look phenomenal.

NEW BLOG UP!

BailBondMike says:
    October 29, 2018 at 11:19 am (Edit)

I cut my finger a few minutes ago
    *********************
    Why, was it not cooperating?