Miami Dolphins 2019 Schedule – All the details

If you’re a real football fan, you know the schedule comes out this evening at 8PM EST. You also know I ain’t got no details fer ya, because there aren’t any details to give. We know besides our divisional foes that we’ll be hosting the Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals, Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins. We’ll be traveling to play the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers and the NY Giants, as well as our divisional foes. All this will take place precisely between September and December, so plan accordingly.

News is very slow at this time of year, and although the NFL Draft is just 8 days away, we know no more about what our plans are or which players we’re really interested. Job well done Miami Dolphins! That’s how it should be. Our local Miami beat reporters must be losing their collective minds. This is business done the way it should be done. Now all they have to do is actually ace every pick in this draft, do the same in 2020, and we’re on our way to championship football, right?

This evening past 8PM EST the first deliberations will begin for the 2019 Fest. The poll will probably go up tomorrow, or maybe the next day, depends on when Counselor Piggy is available. Rock will vote about 20-30 times for a game no one else wants to attend, and make sure to tell us too.

Next week, I’ll reveal my favorite players for this year’s draft (ooooh, I bet you can’t wait!). I may even make up a 7 RD Mock of who I’d like us to take, but don’t count on it. I saw some chatter that we will do a LIVE Mock Draft here this evening at 8PM EST. I encourage you all to participate, the more people in the better it will be. I know we’ll do RD 1, and if you all are enthusiastic enough to keep it going, maybe we’ll do RD 2 and more. So if you can make it, tonight at 8PM EST. LIVE Mock Draft!

Image result for miami dolphins 2019 schedule

1,053 Responses to Miami Dolphins 2019 Schedule – All the details

“Initially, the ownership pushed for Kyler Murray. That much I know — I was told that. The reason they did is they are having a hard time selling tickets. Well, they put it out there. Arizona was lukewarm to it. All of a sudden, they are pulling back, and from what I’ve been told, they are going to go in a different direction. They are not going to draft Kyler Murray.”
    — Pete Prisco

STANGER: MY BULLSHIT DETECTOR JUST WENT OFF!!!

So did mine, but he wasn’t making that up. My guess is the Cards are trying to figure out what they could get for the #1 #1. Not like they have to worry about a contract or teams grabbing the player they want.

HULK: After you smash the Easter Bunny, I WILL EAT HIM!!!

M – I feel the need to get a QB period. It doesn’t have to be this year, but why wait? We know we don’t have our future QB on the roster so that means we clearly need one. As I’ve l already laid out, to plan to get a QB in a year when the best QB’s are going to be in the greatest demand is irresponsible as far as I see it. If we do draft a QB this year, he learns behind Fitz and maybe earns some playing time this season, we’re ahead of the game going into next season. Additionally, if we do end up with a poor record that puts us in the top 5 of the draft, that gives us a wonderful opportunity to cash in on it. I don’t feel like we HAVE to get a QB, but it work out nicely for us if we do. The guy I want is Haskins, and I do believe it’s possible that he will be drafted in a spot close enough for us to get him.

Do you think they really give up a be t years first to trade up to 13 for an OL…… I do t see that. 13 doesn’t carry the trade value you guys are giving it. Top 10, sure but this draft isn’t laid out for outside the 13 netting big yield on the trades.

I think we would be lucky to get a third in compensation unless we trade way back and if we trade way back the second we get it going to be a late second.

Again I’m not pooping on the concept of trading back just don’t see us getting the compensation that you guys feel we will that’s making you think it’s such a great and necessary plan.

We will have to see how the draft falls but I just want them to get us some cornerstone talent to build around. If that comes with a trade back great but if we stand put I think that’s also great if we get a great player

I have been saying for a while I don’t buy the Murray to Arizona stuff. Just doesn’t feel right to me. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but I would really not be shocked if a different name was called number 1. In fact I’m feeling more like hearing a trade called this year. It’s definitely not as cut and dry at number 1 in past years.

Arizona taking Bosa would be a windfall for us!

8. It’s Interesting the Texans want a lineman to protect their franchise hopeful at quarterback, and wise too.

But Miami wants an OL to protect Fitzpatrick? Lol, why?

I don’t think the team goes OL in the first, it’s not a pressing need like the Texans.

Who cares if Fitzpatrick has protection or not, he still sucks.
    We have to get the quarterback first, like the Texans did, and hopefully that’s Drew Lock.

Then we can get Lock some protection like the Texans are trying to do for their QB

• I never really like first round offensive lineman, it’s too important of a position to use it on just a big blocker.
      It should instead be used on an impact player, someone that can start instantly, and carry the team to greater heights.

OL are not impact players, they are role players

We need an impact player, a playmaker for the 13th pick, someone We can build the team around

9. Krishna says:

Kyler Murray played in the pinball/no defense conference. Receivers were always open. All he had to do was drop back and heave.

And if you are right on that might mean the Phins could draft him. He could do a Quinn, but doubt that far. So be careful what you wish for. 🙂

10. Dolphins Mock draft

R1, pick 9 from Bills. Drew Lock QB Missouri
    R 2 goes to Bills
    R3 Conner McGovern. G/C Penn State
    R4 Phil Haynes, C Wake Forest
    R 5 Emanuel Hall, WR Missouri
    R 7 Michael Dogbe, DE/ DT Temple
    R7 Sutton Smith, DE/OLB Northern Illinois

I would also attempt to trade a player or a pick from the next year draft, to get an extra third round pick.

And then get a third round edge rusher, or CB

11. BailBondMike says:

I don’t think the team goes OL in the first, it’s not a pressing need
    ———————————————————————
    Wwwwwwwhat???? It’s been a pressing need for a long time!

• the pressing need is for OL, not neccesarily first round OL

And Fitzpatrick hasn’t been our quarterback but like for 5 minutes, his first starts coming soon unless we draft a first round QB.

There will be literally hundreds of OL to choose from in the second round down, and we can always use next years first round to protect Lock if We feel the need for it

So yea, it’s not a pressing need for a first round OL

• I figured You got Your political advice from Fox News and 8 year old girls, lmao explains a lot! Thanks!

Btw that’s a nonsensical report on Fox News, maybe to avoid real issues

it’s a real world out there going on, and fox found out the hard way on the Bernie Town Hall enthusiasm , when they were hoping to disparage his medical insurance for all plan

But it made for good comedy, lol.

It was cute. Can’t we just laugh at something funny these days? And my best advice is not to poke the bear that is Phelon. Rarely does that work out well.

• Agreed the girl is cute, but it sucks she’s just being used in an attempt to distort the truth, and to disparage minority women.

If there’s a national emergency going on, seems we would have important things to do IMo, besides pick on minority women all the time.

Minority women aren’t what’s wrong with this country, they have never controlled congress, and never held a seat as president., or Vice President.
        Yet they get blamed for everything

When do the people in charge take responsibility for what’s going on, instead of blaming women all the time, shot gets old, jus sayin

AOC isn’t what is wrong with this country, she’s just a threat to the ones doing wrong, so they vilify her ,since they have nothing better to offer Americans.

Agreed who knows where the funds are coming from on the green deal, but let’s not pollute the environment, because We don’t think AOC plan is feasible. It’s probably not.

But, It’s time for something in between imo. Protect the environment without breaking the bank should be the way forward imo

We all breath air and drink water, do We want it to be clean or toxic?

Not real interested in talking politics with you. But why not. Think AOC is an idiot, simply cause she has little common sense…. and that is not about her politics, just her wanting to get in every story she can in every way she can — sorta of like Trump. Different angle and same methodology. So far as I am concerned she brings it on herself.

But she is an instagram star hit Congress (and she just walked in)……reminds me of Elle Woods in Legally Blonde 2, but no script writers to ensure the ending.

Check out Mayor Pete. I’m real impressed by him.

• Krishna says:

Impressed with Buttigieg, too.

Krishna — he’s got “it.” Hard to define what that is, but Ike, JFK, Reagan, Clinton and Obama had it as well. If doesn’t get it this time around…. would be a great VP candidate.

• Krishna says:

Smart, articulate, comes from a high place, and has IT….I like him a lot.

12. BailBondMike says:

D, I know, it’s just a draft game and not realistic. It can be close to how things go though. The site tries to keep up with each team’s needs but it’s ever changing up until these last couple weeks. Heck, after our first 2 rounds they have one of our 3 needs as a TE. lol

Not a scout and not a mock site drafter….. but am darn sure want you to go on that place and do the trades for our draft. Guessing a lot of folks on just want the big names and are willing to pay a lot to get them.

April 21, 2019 at 1:01 pm
    ————
    I’ll give you a short answer, and JMO, of course: better QB crop next year, and we already have the ammo to trade up for him next year.

But I’ll tell ya this: IF Haskins is there for us @ R1P13, pull the trigger.

Possibly a better crop, that remains to be seen, and we also have no idea where we’ll be drafting and what it will cost to get the QB we want. If you like a QB now, and he’s in reach of getting him, go get him! If not, I guess we have no choice but to wait.

Mikey I don’t think the trade up would be for Murray. Haskins Lock and Jones are more polished and more safe picks as number one overall QBs Murray has a small subset of teams that could really make him work. I wouldn’t be shocked to see NYG move up to get Bosa

David the little girl isn’t employed by Fox. She made a funny video and most likely had no political agenda just liked poking fun at AOC. How many Trump satires ate out there. Do you also get upset at those? I found it funny just like I find most the Trump satires funny, that’s the point. Just enjoy a laugh every once and a while bro.

Exactly!

• I understand, it’s not a. Big deal overall, Some say she is intelligent, others say she isn’t, but who cares is my opinion.
      I have always been an evironmentalist, way before AOC was born. I do think knocks on her intelligence, finance, clothing, dance videos, choice of pillows at night, etc is way overblown and unnecessary when none of it is the problem of America.

I don’t agree with her green deal, but it’s much wiser to at least consider something in between, something beneficial to everyone, instead of just keep blasting away at her forever, do nothing to help, while the environment keeps degrading.

I’m thinking , and hoping we can have it both ways, protect the environment, and not break the bank. But we will see 😎

16. BailBondMike says:

Lock sucks! He has great arm talent and can make all the throws but plays scared. It would be like having a Phillip Rivers with NO BALLS as your QB. He has Ryan Leaf (sp?) written all over him. Watch game film and not highlight videos of him.

Totally agreed, BB Mike. I’m no fan of Lock.

• Interesting, hopefully for his careers sake he can handle the position better than Ryan Lead,lol
      And, You may be correct, I haven’t had time to watch all his game films, but I’m sure Miami took the time to do it.
      Only thing I can say is Miami has met with him a few times, worked him out, questioned him, reviewed his game films, videos, etc.

So they SHOULD have a pretty good idea who he is ! Or who he isn’t.

1 If they select Lock, that’s a damn good sign they believe in Him, lol

2 If We pass him up, it’s a good sign the FO didn’t like something or the other.

3 If he goes before Us, We just won’t ever know what the FO thought ,unless hey choose to reveal it later.

In a few more days the mystery will be over. 😉

18. Krishna says:

I just don’t see a 1st round QB worthy QB.

I do see quality 1st round worthy DL and DE, OL…..which are our primary needs and best long term path.

19. I’m not ready to fully discount Lock yet, I’m still thinking he could help this team.

this is an interesting article breaking down some of his mechanics.

Sweet Baby Jesus. David, you truly are a dumb fuck.

• Can’t debate the message, attack the messenger, got it

• I think I know Myself better than You do, so Your baseless attacks mean nothing to Me.
        I’m not here to fight with You buddy, try to have a nice day and be open minded once in awhile, Europe and Asia have bullet trains, and We don’t, I at least know how they are working out for their countries, and how it would work out for ours, do You?

but keep whining over AOC if it makes You feel important, don’t let Me stop Ya , what I see as counter productive, may be important to You 😎

• pheloniusphish says:

Truly, you can’t fix stupid. You can’t even grasp the subject. You think it’s about Cortez. Or the environment. Or Fox. It’s none of the above.

21. Krishna says:

Ancient history for most of you….Dolphins won SBs because of their Defense.

NE won the SB last year because of Flores and his D. Hmmmmm.

This is where we start the rebuild imo and we already have a few cornerstones in place….but no DL!

We definitely need to come out of this Draft with a good EDGE… preferably a DE. I really think that gets addressed in either round 1 or 2. For me, that means either Clelin Ferrell or Chase Winovich.

22. According to Walter football, Drew Lock had the worst coaching and the least amount of development of all the QB prospects.
    But he also showed the capability to learn quickly at the senior bowl.

It sucks the kid had the worst development, it may make it harder to evaluate him .

But he might have more upside than the others, he’s basically getting by with his anticipatory reads and cannon arm.

His stats at Missouri are impressive, he throws a lot of high degree of difficulty throws that lessens his completion percentage a little.

It will be interesting to see what he does in the NFL , if he gets some good coaching

Just me, but I’ll be very surprised if we don’t go DE and O-Line in the first two rounds… doesn’t matter which we address first, just go with BPA.

Oshane Ximines is my ‘dark horse’ candidate to go in the 2nd round as an EDGE (DE). He’s most impressive and I wouldn’t be surprised if we take him in the 2nd, should we address the O-Line in the 1st.

25. Krishna says:

I think our first priority should be interior DL. We haven’t had inside push or middle clog forever. Still BPA and hope they are DL and DE….R1 and R2 or R2 and R1 and be more than fine with plug and play caliber OL..

I’m rockin’-and-rollin’ with the BPA at every position we need to address. Unlike most years, it’s going to be very difficult to disappoint me this Draft. I have FULL FAITH that we’re going to get it done this year!

By the way…

HAPPY EASTER, ALL! I regrettably didn’t come on the blog today with this salutation.

27. Krishna says:

Why would Flores’ first pick as a HC be a QB who does not have 1st round talent?

Doubt he’s going to do something desperate.

28. Krishna says:

Doubt he’s going to do something desperate.

Watch the Cardinals not take Murray and send the entire draft into The Twilight Zone.

How do you come to the conclusion that none of the QB’s that are in this draft are 1st RD talents? I guarantee you that 3 or more go in the 1st RD, so what does that say?

He’s suggesting teams will over value them because they’re QBs. We’ll find out soon enough who values them. Lots of chatter out there during smokescreen season with GMs saying we’re not going to take a QB in the 1st round just because they’re the best in this draft class.

At least 3 QB’s are rated as 1st RD talents. I believe only Daniel Jones has a borderline 1st RD grade. Teams take QB’s earlier because they’re the singular most important position on the field, period. You get your QB, you’re off to a good start. In reality, all positions that really impact the QB position on either side of the ball get overdrafted. There are only so many talented DL and DE’s, so they get overdafted too. OL get overdrafted because teams need to protect their QB, and so on and son. I don’t agree in the least that QB draft is so much worse than last year, because it isn’t.

Interesting that T.J. McDonald dropped 15 lbs this offseason to be quicker.

Chad Reuter of NFL.com has us trading up to #9 to get Haskins. That’s fine with me, that’s not a crazy amount of compensation. Like I said, if our guy is in reach, go get him! I don’t even care that we traded with a division foe, just get the QB and start building around him.

Rebuilds take a few years, but if things play out like I think they might, no one will be sad about the trade of our 3rd RD and 5th RD picks this year. Next year we can make a killing in the draft if we have a poor record, and I think we probably will. Not because we’re tanking, because we just won’t have enough talent this season.

And they won’t be concentrating on bringing in the talent, least not in FA. Goes back to ORob’s point on maybe we trade back to the future in some deals. If you are gonna rule the 2020 draft…. why not really rule it?

If you read any of my previous posts about it, we’d have a great chance to rule the draft next year if we have our QB already. If not, we’ll be using our early 1st RD pick on a QB. I can see a trade back if the couple of players at DE, QB, DL aren’t there, but if our QB is in reach, I think we should go that way. Just my feeling. If we pick 1-5 in next years draft, we can probably make a killing on a trade back there, much better compensation than this year trading back from #13.

Could not be with you any more on most of what you have posted. Seems we are on the same bus with you driving. And I want a young arm with an upside in camp, first round or not. Maybe we were we differ is I would be willing to take a QB this year, let them check him out, and then take another one in 2020 if the tires don’t kick franchise QB.

Mike, I understand how you feel about QBs. The thing that cautions me is that this QB class much like last year has no clear #1. When there isn’t what is thought to be a no-brainer #1 QB you have to wonder why. Murray is slated as the #1 pick because of Kingsbury and ARZ. He’s not even #1 on a lot of big boards, but he is #1 in many mocks because they believe ARZ will take him. That’s all.

An example is we all knew a few years ago Goff/Wentz, Wentz/Goff were going 1 and 2 and they did. Last year nobody really knew which QB would go where and the same this year. If we target a QB and trade up to get him or take one at #13 I’ll roll with that. None of us know how any prospect will pan out anyway.

I think people feel the Cards will take Murray just like the Browns took Mayfield. Even more so because of what Kingsbury said about Murray. Murray has a ton of talent, it’s just size concerns. He has a great arm and is a great athlete who happens to be shorter than 6′ and will probably play at or little less that 200 lbs. I really think Haskins, Lock and Jones are on equal footing with Rosen and Allen. I think Darnold was a better all around prospect, but not by that much.

How many 1st RD DE’s turn out to be top 10 pass rushers? How many 1st RD DT’s turn out to be all pros? How many 1st RD OL become all pros? All those positions get over valued, it’s not just QB’s.

M – Yep, that’s it. We’ll get an idea of where we’re at on Thursday night. I have absolutely no clue what we think.

That makes two of us, Brother! And that’s one of the key reasons why I’m not all over this Draft, as I’ve been for so many years prior.

BTW – I’m not saying anyone else’s opinion is wrong, but sometimes when I throw my ideas out there, they just seem so right to me I end up defending them. I can’t help it! lol

Stanger – Oh, I hear ya. I guess I just hope if we draft a QB this year we finally got one right. What you say makes sense though. Just like we took a DE (Charles Harris) in 2017, we have to go DE again because he hasn’t shown up yet. No one cares because it’s DE and not QB

That’s the hope — but over the years have gotten why teams go all in for a QB. Just so important. More than any other two players combined on the field if you have the right one…. but ain’t finding the right one the biotch? As I do a lot of times — like how the evil genius has done it. Just keep taking them and see what they have.

NOT ALL DRAFT CLASSES ARE CREATED EQUALLY! Let’s take a look at the QB classes of the last 19 years….

I’ll say it again: I will not be surprised if we don’t draft a QB this year. This year’s QB crop is WEAK.

I’m not sold that last year’s class ends up with multiple franchise QBs either. There is potential there but I don’t see special in any of them just yet. I think Josh Allen has the biggest upside but he has a lot of work to do as a passer. Mayfield has some spark and play making ability to him but he also has some flaws that people ignore for some reason. Darnold looks the part but is not polished yet and the same with Rosen. Jackson is a elite with his legs but without that as a passer he might not have even been drafted. He throws some passes that make you say WTF was that all about.

I think they’ll draft a QB, just not early. Maybe Grier in the 3rd.

At least IMO, I’d rather have drafted from last year’s QB crop than this year’s. And again, JMO, I feel that Josh Rosen is destined to become another Ryan Tannehill.

Fair enough. I still find it strange that so many fans still make comparisons to Ryan Tannehill. As if he’s in the Ryan Leaf, Kyle Boller, JaMarcus Russell, Blaine Gabbert category. Can’t we move on? LOL

Yes, we can move on. And I’m here to tell the masses that Tannehill is WAY better than the QBs mentioned above. He’s not chopped liver. He just didn’t have enough to elevate the rest of the team. I wish him the very best of luck in Tennessee.

Agreed!

Mike, let me ask you this about Haskins. I like the kid’s character, intelligence for the game etc., has good size and arm, but are you not concerned that scouts think he has slow feet, struggled with pressure which was rare on a top team at OSU and his accuracy dips quite a bit with passes over 10 yards?

I heard a caller on WFAN about a month ago who said he was a huge OSU and Giants fan and he pointed out exactly what I just said scouts have said about him. He said no way the Giants should take Haskins at #6 because he’s not on that level and he’s limited.

These aren’t my opinions as I have not studied him and wouldn’t know if he can or can’t do this or that anyway in the big scheme of things. But it’s out there.

I think Dwayne Haskins would be KILLER(!!!) what with our YAC receivers. He throws a very catchable ball, actually hits his receivers IN-STRIDE (unlike Tannehill), and seems to have his $#!T together.

Now then… he’s a 1-year starter and at Ohio State, he fits the prototype of what Goodell’s new NFL is trending towards, and he had elite protection.

I think he goes before we pick @ R1P13, to a team willing to take a BIG RISK on his inexperience — though successful — at Ohio State, surrounded by elite talent.

Goodell alone does not decide how the game is played. The CBA due to the player’s union and society in general has effected the game of football far more than the commissioner. Just like the lack of overall talent has hampered our Phins far more than the owner. 😉

Tim – It’s not like I have coaches tape of Haskins, but I watched quite a few videos of haskins against different teams and I thought I saw excellent foot movement. I also love the way he delivers the football, like O Rob once said, he does remind me of Marino I’m not worried about his foot speed, I don’t want my QB running, I want him throwing TD’s. I think he has great touch, and a powerful enough arm to make any throw. Unlike Tannehill, he knows how to use arc and touch, and I’d love to have that here.

LOL, Tannehill is still in the conversation.

Slow feet isn’t about running it’s about maneuvering in the pocket when it breaks down. Haskins has a nice release but it’s not on Marino’s level. It’s easy to arc a throw to receivers are wide open. From some of the game film I’ve seen I don’t see him making a lot of contested throws. Again, not saying he can’t but you don’t see a lot of it.

Of course Tannehill is in the convo, he was our last QB, no? He’s still learning at this point, no rush to throw him in there, he can learn for a season, maybe more if necessary. I would be thrilled to have him. QB footwork is learned, and he has time to learn.

What does Tannehill have to do with any QB in this year’s draft?

Grier is from the Parcells tree and so is Belichick and Flores etc. The criteria for a QB is:
    Be a three-year starter
    Be a senior in college
    Graduate from college
    Start 30 games
    Win 23 games
    Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio
    Compete at least 60-percent of passes thrown

Obviously that’s not set in stone but it’s a criteria. What QB checks off all of these?

Let’s not get into a Parcells debate when he was here. This is more about a better chance for success that is still used to this day by many teams.

I don’t think footwork in the pocket is learned. You either have it or you don’t.

The last two seasons we were 13-19. As a starter Tannehill was 5-6 last year. Not good, I get it. Without him we were 8-13. Not good, I get it. Our issues were about more than one guy or QB.

You know what jumps out at me – nice 15 yard gain, oops wait… false start instead of 1st and 10 moving up the field, it’s now 1st and 15 and a 5 yard loss. What a catch… nope… holding 1st and 20. Yes we stopped them!!!! Nope… unnecessary roughness, instead of a punt, 1st and 10 for the opponent. How many times did we see that too?

• Krishna says:

So, so frustrating….NE was a well coached team…..perhaps we might have brought some of that to the Dolphins.

Players loved Flores, too, from what I read.

He was hired because Grier told Ross we need a leader HC, not a specialist like Gase – offense. A guy who will coach the entire team and set the tone of who they are. That’s how I read it.

• Krishna says:

Sure hope so

48. Krishna says:

In T-hills defense he was the most sacked QB over the first 3 years of his career. It’s hard to develop when constantly being mauled…

Will Grier might be a surprise….not sure why he left Florida.

In David Carr’s defense, he was the most sacked QB over the first 3 years of his career. That kind of blows David’s theory of putting the cart before the horse (Matt Ryan vs Jake Long) out of the water.

In 2008, Atlanta already had a decent O-Line in place to take Matt Ryan. On the other hand, we did NOT… and still don’t, after all these years.

pheloniusphish says:
    April 21, 2019 at 7:54 pm
    ————–
    I disagree, that’s one of the ‘coachable’ things about a QB… granted a QB is ‘coachable’. No, it doesn’t come easy, either, to your point.

What’s ‘uncoachable’? Size, arm strength, foresight (which turns into accuracy via throwing receivers open), mental makeup, and… ‘coachability’.

MANITOBA: THERE’S a message from me to YOU RE: The Winnipeg Jets very near the bottom of the prior page. Hope you enjoy it!!

I AM TOTALLY IN FAVOR OF TAKING THE BEST O-Lineman available in round one UNLESS there’s A BETTER PLAYER still on the board at D-Line/Edge. IF QB Will Grier from W.Virginia is still on the board when Miami picks in round 2, I’d probably take him b/c Haskins will be LONG GONE by then. Taking a stud O-Lineman in round one will help give our QB’s in 2019 a chance to succeed. Right now, IMHO, our next starting QB has virtually NO CHANCE TO FLOURISH given the horrid O-Line we now have!!!

It’s not a complete OL but LT Tunsil, C Kilgore and RG or maybe RT Davis is not horrid. The problem last year is it never happened with Sitton and Kilgore going down within the first game and 4 weeks of the season.

LOL @ Omar playing King of simulator mock drafts. He wants to be King. He does this for a living you know. LOL

Footwork can absolutely be coached. But, it’s usually footwork to put you in a good throwing position. I think pocket awareness is a different thing and is part learned and part natural. Tanny was a very good athlete. His footwork wasn’t horrible. His pocket awareness or “feel” was. Coaching him up to have better footwork wasn’t going to make him have a better feel for pressure and how to avoid it. He was a big part of the reason he was sacked so much.

Wilkins goes to the fine on the live NFL draft on NFL network?

Our next QB will probably be compared to Tannehill for a while, just like every QB we had after Marino was compared to him. It’s just a chronological thing. Not sure how you don’t see that

Yes, but it can be both. It wasn’t just the OL. Tanny contributed too.

Yes, as did the receivers. That particular group wasn’t good enough. It didn’t pan out. I’m over it. How about you? LOL

Wyoming,
    I’ve watched Anthony Nelson play his whole college career. He has the body…long and lean…but I have just never been real impressed with him. He is a hard worker and might be one of those guys who matures in the NFL. In college. He was JAG. He has almost no pass rush moves. He doesn’t really impact games all that often. He’s got a lot of work to do to develop into an effective pass rusher at the next level, IMO.

So you don’t like our receivers? Or, are you talking about guys who aren’t longer here?

After further review the entire team was not well coached. Penalties killed whatever we had going. We lost too many playmakers to injury as well. It never ended.

I find it kinda funny that everyone complaining about what the team did in the past, seems to forget that that decision cost them their job!

And now we get t see what the new guys do?

Let’s at least hope they don’t fuck it up to bad huh??????

I think he’s a third rounder. He’ll probably go low second. I think he’s gonna take time to develop. It’s hard to say what his ceiling is. I don’t think it’s 10-12 sacks a year….probably more like 5-8. He’ll work hard and be coachable. He’s a good kid.

What Randy said. Not so much footwork (mechanics) as pocket awareness (instinct). You can teach mechanics, but you cannot teach instinct.