Who will be the Dolphins QB in 2019?

The Dolphins have 2 QB’s that couldn’t be more different to choose from. Ryan Fitzpatrick, much closer to the end of his career after 14 seasons in the NFL, and 2nd year QB Josh Rosen, very much at the beginning of his NFL career. One regard in which both QB’s are similar is that both of these QB’s are very intelligent, and both can digest an offense rather quickly and understand them. Of course the 14 year veteran Fitzgerald has basically seen it all so he would have an advantage, but Josh Rosen will know this offense by the time the season starts.

Ryan Fitzpatrick over his 14 years in the NFL has amassed a 50-75 record with 7 different teams, beginning with the St. Louis Rams, the Bengals, Bills, Titans, Titans, Texans, Jets and Bucs. In 2 seasons with the Bucs, the Bucs were 4-6 with Fitz at QB. His QB rating was 86 in 3 games in year 1, and last season it was 100.4, with 17 TD’s and 12 INT’s. Fitzpatrick has always been a “gunslinger”, he will try to fit the ball into tight spots and never fears throwing the INT. Over his entire career, he has 190 TD’s and 148 INT’s. That’s not good folks. At the very least you’d prefer your QB to have a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. This just illustrates that Fitz loves to take chances and many times they end up in the wrong uniforms hands.

Josh Rosen had a miserable rookie season in Arizona. The team was clearly awful, coached by a rookie Head Coach Steve Wilks who was shown the door after just one season. That in and of itself tells you things weren’t up to snuff. Josh Rosen was 3-10 in his first year. He came in to replace injured starting QB Sam Bradford (No kidding?) in game 3. He started the rest of the season finishing with 11 TD’s and 14 INT’s and a QB rating of 74.3. It’s obvious that Rosen was thrust into a difficult situation and if you want to see some positive things about the young QB, there’s this from former teammate RB David Johnson

I think he’s going to end up being one of the most dominant quarterbacks in this league,” Johnson said of his former teammate.

There’s also this from former teammate and future HOF WR Larry Fitzgerald . . .

“If you’re a quarterback and you can’t stay on your feet, it’s very difficult to make a throw, let alone to be able to evaluate you,” Fitzgerald said via the ‘Mina Kimes Show Featuring Lenny’ podcast. “We’ve got to get guys healthy and be able to protect him and we’ve got to make some plays around him.”

Fitz said Rosen is “unique” in his mentality.

“He’s extremely confident and not in a bad way,” Fitzgerald said. “He’s able to forget very quickly a bad play, a bad decision. He’s really good at being able to put things behind him. He’s a great teammate. Really insightful. Just great to be around. He’s somebody who is really trying to learn, always. He’s inquisitive about life. And people like that usually find a way to be successful because they put the effort in. He’s got some talented guys around him that are going to help continue to make plays for him.

“I think he’s going to be just fine.”

No one forced these players to speak well of Josh Rosen, they chose to do so because that’s how they feel. I think you can trust what a player of Larry Fitzgerald’s caliber says. I’m still excited about Josh Rosen as our QB and I commend the team for keeping it very low key. It’s almost as if it’s a given that Ryan Fitzpatrick will be starting in 2019 although I don’t believe that’s the case. It’s not because we have to find out what Josh Rosen is before the 2020 NFL Draft, I think he’ll win the job because he’s driven, smart, and has more talent and upside than Ryan Fitzgerald. Once Rosen is comfortable with the offense, I think he’ll prove to be the better QB, and I feel that can happen by the end of the preseason. I look forward to watching the competition unfold in training camp, and ultimately finish up in preseason games. At that point, I believe Josh Rosen will win the starting QB job.

GO DOLPHINS!

#staythecourse

407 Responses to Who will be the Dolphins QB in 2019?

1. Phindog says:

AH AH EEH EEH TOOKIE TOOKIE 🙂

Who will be the Dolphins QB in 2019? — my answer is both of them, and not just cause of injury.

But whoever the starter is gonna have a lot of pressure on him, and not cause of blitzing LBs. Way we are set up is the perfect recipe for a QB controversy.

If we can run the ball well enough, that will take pressure off the QB. With the stable of RB’s we have we should be good in that regard. It’s up to the O-line to do their job

Sorta of guessing they will not be playing conservative on O. Maybe balanced, but not what ORob would like either. Setting up for the schemes of future.

George of Jungle here to help!

• Phindog says:

I couldn’t remember the cartoon with that bird but when I read Josh Rosen’s tookie season that’s the first thing that came to mind.

Never watched the show — but did learn he ended up a lot better than Fred did with Wilma…..even if both red heads.

LOL Doggy – I’m going to have to fire my editor! I had no idea what you were getting at there . . .

I watched that movie (George of the Jungle) with my kids at least 20 times. My wife and I both love it.

• Phindog says:

I just remember the cartoons when I was young when we had 4 channels to choose from. George of the Jungle was one of my favorites.

8. bailbondmike says:

Our QB will be Joshryan Rositzpatrick

NBA draft tonight at 7pm, RJ Barret looks like a lock for the Knickerbockers, but will they pursue Durant?

Wtf

I hope we can do better the “just fine” next draft

I hope Rosen does start this year gives us a better chance to have a shot at Fromm next year

Stanger – I spent over an hour talking w/ Zach Thomas at Atlantis. He’s awesome, so willing to talk and hang out. I’ll never forget how nice he was.

It seems pretty apparent that Rosen got a raw deal about his personality. I think people forget he’s only 22 as well. Being that he’s here now and I’ve paid more attention to him I don’t see anything he says or does as a character flaw.

Just go play QB, Josh, and forget the outside noise.

LMAO @ Manure Bol

17. naplesfan2010 says:

Zach should make the HOF just off that video above.
    Few players could strike that hard and also have such soft hands and ball skills.

• TryPod says:

👍
      He’s a victim of the time he played in. Bias aside, he’s a true HOF’er.

Why? Zach and Ray Lewis were the best MLBs in the game for a decade. HOF is always about were you the best in your era and Zach definitely was.

• TryPod says:

I am contending he did not make it in immediately because of Ray Lewis, not that he won’t ever get in.

Zach was a 5 time All Pro MLB in a span playing with Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher. Nuff said!

HOF!

It’s like the guys over at USA Today’s Dolphin’s Wire read this place…. this came out 3 hours ago.

Why hasn’t Dolphins LB Zach Thomas been inducted to the Hall of Fame?

And just cause know many don’t hit links — the Urlacher comparison is a particularly strong one
    ———————-
    Urlacher also played 13 seasons in the NFL, logging four 1st-team All-Pro recognitions (one less than Thomas). Over the course of Urlacher’s career, Urlacher logged 400 less combined tackles, five extra interceptions and five less forced fumbles. To Urlacher’s credit, he did double Zach Thomas’ career sack totals with 41.5 over his 13 seasons.

But is an extra 21 sacks over 13 years the difference between being a first ballot Hall of Fame inductee and not being able make the final cut and serve as a finalist once in five years?

Try – It’s Nuff said as far as I’m concerned, but I’m not on the voting committee unfortunately

• TryPod says:

For me, there’s so much more to his career that gets overlooked by the election/voting committee. His dedication to his craft is greatly underappreciated.

• TryPod says:

Overlooked probably isn’t the right word- undervalued is better.

That’s true – Think of that LB that was drafted by SF in the 2nd RD I believe, I can’t think of his name. I wanted him for the Dolphins too. He retired after a season because he was concerned with concussions. Think of how Zach persevered through those concussions, purchased the hyperbaric chamber just to keep playing. That’s dedication above and beyond.

Something to chew on during the long HOT summer!

Wyo – I thought #3 is our QB?

25. TryPod says:

It appears Bob Irsay bought not only the Martin D-35 but also The Black Strat (and the case).

June 21, 2019 at 12:47 pm
    Wyo – I thought #3 is our QB?

He is, and he is going to do for us what he did for Arizona. Put us in position to get the overall #1 pick next draft….

it should say Larry Fitzgerald Highlights and Rosen lowlights.

There’s a lot of good stuff in there. With young QBs it’s all about do they have the skills and upside. There is no doubt Rosen has both.

Defensively we will see cover 0, nobody over the center in a down position and 2 DE’s in a down position

Rock — know you have your own view of Rosen, but like a lot of what I see in that vid. Puts the ball on the spot real well and has a strong arm.

we will also see bracket coverage where the best 2 recs are doubled

how did NE’s D shutdown the Rams to only 3 points in the SB?

So the day I report to jury duty is the same day Zion plays his first Las Vegas Summer League game. I hope they let us out early, so I can get a good seat.

Do you guys remember when we used to post music on Friday nights on this blog

I’ll start

Something a little weirder but Porkworthy

This is what I was trying to post

• naplesfan2010 says:

saw this done live in Columbia SC right after it came out. (I think.)
      Was an awesome show. The whole coliseum was full of music.
      Don’t know how they did that. Big venue. Big crowd.
      all you could hear was the band,
      and I always thought the flute was a delicate sounding instrument.

Speaking of music, we went to the Stone Pony in Asbury to see that group of kids again, my son’s friends brother in Vendetta Rose play. They opened up, and they are pumping out songs quickly, they wrote another 6 songs, but played only 3 new ones. I have a feeling this band might make it. I really hope they do

Thanks guys

Now I have a bunch to listen too

Kong – I love that song by Van Morrison. He’s very underrated as a musician and performer. I love the keyboards emulating the foghorn, very cool

Doesn’t it seem like Christian Wilkins is always having fun? Gotta love that guy

Mike E.
    I know your a little Jaded!
    But his tape show’s a nonstop motor to match his personality!

Timing is everything, Into the Mystic now randomly playing on my iPod

Now “Domino”. I think I have about 900 songs, so that’s pretty random

I missed music Friday, I had a long day and then fell asleep watching Battle Bots

Would NOT have expected Def Lepard from Wyo. Marshall Tucker, Allman Brothers, Skynyrd but not Def Lepard.

Def Leppard is a panty dropper at my house!
    In my formative years it was
    Def Leppard
    ACDC
    Foreigner
    Journey
    Loverboy
    Police
    ETC………

Hank Williams JR was a go to for Country
    Chris Ledeaux was putting out tapes in the feed stores in Wyoming!

Belt buckle rubbing is George Strait!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I was a confused child!

This was my very first 8-track I purchased!

You were expecting this?

• naplesfan2010 says:

Going out into la la land here guys
      but with the young nucleus we have,
      we could be looking at 3 Super Bowl runs in the next 5 years.

Saying this because we will find out some very specific laggards
      this year, but we have lots of high draft picks to bring in real talent
      to fix those and, fingers and toes crossed,
      we could be really good really soon.

Naples – I saw Tull in 1977 in Tampa. First concert I ever attended. .38 Special opened, Johnny and Edgar Winter canceled because one of them had laryngitis, Robyn Trower played, then Tull headlined.

I’d be shocked if Wilkins doesn’t turn out to be a quality player.

Gesicki Struggled last year, was bad in press coverage, couldn’t get off the line, blocking sub par, but he is a freak athlete and if he’s used right some seem to think he can be great. if it were me i would try to put him in motion more often, a way to beat the jam at the LOS.

He’s a big WR. Meant to be split out. Hoping we don’t have to worry about the press from a DB though. Not why you have one of those.

57. BailBondMike says:

Wyoming, I had that Nazareth 8 track also. When my first girlfriend broke up with me I must have listened to “Love Hurts” 20 times that day. LOL

58. naplesfan2010 says:

Phel
    I loved Johnny Winter playing the blues. I had a vinyl of him on that National Resonator guitar.
    Thing sounded like it was powered by a jet engine. Bad Ass look too.
    body looked retro future like from the Terminator or Blade Runner, but long before those.

59. naplesfan2010 says:

I have this weird unsupported feeling that Gesicki will emerge and have a fine career for us.

I know Gase had success with Julius Thomas at TE, but forcing Gesicki to block on more plays than any other NFL TE last year seems either stupid or punitive.

We just have to realize who Gesicki is, and based on all the other TEs they have brought in seems that they do. Sorta like Parker in a way…. but dude makes some amazing plays at times (even if at this point mainly in college and practice vid).

It’s stupid. We had injuries like crazy at WR last year and he never even (best I can tell) took a practice rep as a wide out.

… not that Tannehill was capable of utilizing him but still

60. pieguyevan says:

Hey guys! Just wanted to step out of the bushes with my binoculars and introduce myself! Been following some of you guys since the herald/SS days, before the exoduss. This site has been my go-to site for fins news / debates for some time, but this is my first time contributing. Just wanted to voice my appreciation to all of you, in giving a place to read about my beloved fins. LOVE the articles Mike, and I love the debates as well. (although sometimes they get pretty heated, but it’s still more informed than all of the fins Facebook groups I follow). Anyway, keep up the good work! Fins up from Montana!

HEY SON OF A SON: UCF plays at FAU the 2nd week of the upcoming season. This will be the game AFTER FAU opens at OHIO STATE (and gets crushed in the process)!! Gotta go with your Knights in this one but I’m hoping it’s at least competitive.

• naplesfan2010 says:

fave city … I saw PF in Atlanta, and they had this gong and laser and fireworks show going on that blew everyone away.

108 on the heat index in Naples today, as it’s about 98 degrees and 90+% humidity. There’s some kind of pressure dome over us.
      Feels like you weigh 412 pounds when you try to walk the half mile to the swimming pool.
      Tried to drink mimosas, margaritas, daiquiris, nothing helped.

Worst heat wave in a decade it seems.

People that throw their chewed gum on the ground for others to step on suck.

Go Phins!!!

NAPLES: GOTTA AGREE with your views on extreme heat wave on the west coast of Florida. Today felt like a July day in San Antonio or Austin, Texas. And it’s supposed to be EVEN HOTTER TOMORROW!! Lakeland-Winter Haven-Sebring area may hit triple figures tomorrow, matched with high humidity. Fortunately, former governor Scott, now a U.S. senator, says there’s no such thing as climate change. THAT certainly puts my worries to rest!

• naplesfan2010 says:

Global Warming is real. It’s a real threat to life as we know it.

I can’t figure out why people are against admitting it.
      To me it has no link to politics.
      It’s just a data bit to be inserted into the calculus.

But it’s not a small thing.

65. dloxahatchee says:

Hot

Tried to drink mimosas, margaritas, daiquiris, nothing helped.

Lol Naples, like drinking all that would some how help.

Just found out a cousin of mine, that I haven’t seen in 40 years. Lives in Loxahatchee.

if Fitzpatrick starts this year i do believe that will be an upgrade over last year at the QB position, if Rosen starts i’m not so sure.

as for Drake, no matter how good some think he is his play will determine his placement in the depth chart. no matter how much you cheer for him he won’t be able to run btwn the tackles. you cant fit a square peg in a round hole. i think Gaskin will be our featured RB, they certainly drafted that type of RB for a reason.

I don’t really think there will be a featured back each and every week. I expect us to be much like NE was last year, where they changed things up every week depending on who they were playing. I expect all 3 backs to get a lot of work and I think even the FB Cox will be involved with more than just blocking. Man, if we get a run game going consistently, that really takes the pressure off the QB, whoever that may be.

You got a QB that holds the ball too long, has questionable pocket pressence, on an O that calls too many passing plays and a below average OL. What’s the recipe for disaster Alex?

72. trump and the WH have censored scientific research on climate change.

his gut believes windmill cancer, but his brain rejects scientific research.

By keeping the public in the dark, federal agencies create an environment where inaction is justified.

73. naplesfan2010 says:

There is ample proof that Global Warming is caused by the excess burning of fossil fuels and other man-made pollution.

Why not just accept that and get started on fixing the problem?

We are not gulty of a sin, because we could not predict the dire consequences of such fuel consumption of the magnitude that it has become, concomitant with the destruction of forests.

We are smart, and we can easily change our ways to better.

74. the Silencing Climate Science Tracker, a database run by Columbia University’s Sabin Center law fellow Romany Webb, since December 2016.

“When you look at the tracker you see that the Trump administration has really undertaken a systematic attempt to silence science that doesn’t support its policies,” Webb says—namely, fossil fuel expansion. Websites focused on climate change have been deleted or rewritten. The word “climate” has been erased from program titles. Climate scientists have been prohibited from attending conferences or otherwise speaking publicly about their work. And scientific advisory boards have been disbanded. So far, Webb has documented evidence of censorship at the White House, NASA, the National Science Foundation, and nine federal agencies, including the Environmental Protection Agency.

In some cases, the purge appears to have been ordered by senior leadership; in others, scientists censor themselves to avoid attention or consequences. “The chilling effect that this administration has on the federal agencies—my clients, I’ve never seen them so afraid,” says Kyla Bennett, who represents government whistleblowers for Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, a legal nonprofit.

In some cases, the purge appears to have been ordered by senior leadership; in others, scientists censor themselves.

To Bennett, the motive is clear: “The more you remove [climate change] from public documents and the public eye, the less inclination there is for people to worry about it and want to do something about it.” Pretending the problem doesn’t exist also permits agencies to ignore it in policymaking. For example, in the months before the EPA announced its repeal of the Obama administration’s central carbon pollution-reduction policy in October 2017, references to climate change were wiped from many of its websites and climate scientists were reassigned to new departments. “In the absence of climate change, you don’t need something like the Clean Power Plan,” Bennett says.

However, climate denial hasn’t stopped agencies from addressing present impacts. In fact, only two days after the FEMA strategic plan was published, the agency approved a $1.7 million grant to relocate Alaskan climate refugees, who are losing their homes as melting sea ice, thawing permafrost, and rising sea levels combine to erode coastlines.

“They’re willing to start addressing the effects because they are becoming so severe and so pressing,” Webb says. “But they really don’t want to admit the underlying cause of them and take steps to address it.”

from audobon.org

Throughout geological time, the Earth’s climate has varied drastically, primarily driven by through energy transfer from the sun to the Earth’s surface. This position and the interaction between the Earth and the sun (orbital variation) has varied over the Earth’s 4.6 billion year history, controlling the climate.

OK
    I’m gonna regret asking this!

How in the hell did Trump influence the Orbital variation of the Earth?????

Asking for a friend!

78. what dont u get Phel? are you suggesting the gut full of big macs knows more than the generals?

are u suggesting you are socialist now, and enjoy your tax dollars going to alaska residents that are displaced due to rising seal levels and melting ice?
    anyone can sit back and say, thats dumb

but that isnt acknowledging the problem or suggesting a solution

censorship and environment destruction does NOT make America great, it makes America coastal refugees to the tune of $51 million so far

I’m not even going to touch the censorship conspiracy theory!

But what policy did the administration put in that said “Let’s fuck the planet”?????

David why don’t you just say this!

Since the Trump administration took office, it has been fighting what they call an “anti-growth” agenda put in place by the Obama administration.

Because that is what your articles say in a nut shell!

Let’s just say we agree to disagree on most of the subject matter!

• obviously You havent read the 200+ examples already.

they arent about growth, they are about the anti environmental policies and ideas by the current administration

environmental protections do not stop growth, the economy and market increased 8 years in a row when Obama was enacting these environmental protections, proving environmental stewardship is compatible with growth

That is what we will disagree on!

The Obama administration did a lot of “stuff” that I don’t (and never will) agree with.

So it being repealed is no sweat off of my sack!

• how can You disagree with the 200 plus examples i posted, when it would take at least an hour just to cursory glance at the incredible amount of info that is there?

these are facts the current administration is intentionally destroying the environment with his unsubstainable growth agenda

everyone wants economic growth, but like anything, it has to be substainable for us and our grandchildren

putting Americans in coal mines is the dumbest idea ever, it KILLS them

every step of coals path KILLS us, when clean alternatives were already in place.

why do away with cleaner alternatives? this is 2019, technology advances have made coal and fossil fuels obsolete
        they are not clean, and not substainable

David
    Have you ever worked at a coal mine?
    Or a coal fired power plant?

I have worked in both!

And I don’t reckon I’m dead????

Name 1 just 1 alternative to fossil fuels that can 100% take it’s place right now @ 3:00PM today?

And don’t even get me started on the stupidity of the Pipeline arguments!!!!!!

Which seemed to take up half of the 200 you posted!

83. just curious wyoming,
    since my point is trump enacts policies and changes to harm the environment, and gave hundreds of examples,,, that You havent read

You state You disagree, OK

what do You have showing the current admin is HELPING the environment?

I can’t stand looking at the “Orange man”, but my gosh, blaming him for the current state of climate change is beyond ridiculous. He can’t unilaterally cripple our climate by switching to other energy sources and go completely off of oil and coal. No democrat liberal left winger would do that either. I know some think the Democrats care about the planet more and care about kids more, they want me to pay for every kids college tuition after I just put 2 kids through college myself. Uhhh, no thanks. Let’s try to be realistic about what we think can be done here please . . .

The Trump Administration’s tumultuous presidency has brought a flurry of changes—both realized and anticipated—to U.S. environmental policy. Many of the actions roll back Obama-era policies that aimed to curb climate change and limit environmental pollution, while others threaten to limit federal funding for science and the environment

Doubling the timber from national forests will reduce wild fire damage!
    Introducing Grizzly to Washington (to eat the Seattle hippies)

And by the way the list of 200 is just a play by play of what Trumps administration had done his first 2 years. Good or Bad depending on your perspective!

A co-worker of mine has a brother in law who is one of these environmental scientists. He says there’s no proof that man is causing global warming, and the reason you do see some scientists say there is evidence is because they loose funding, if they say theres no proof.

87. naplesfan2010 says:

So I know a lot of you are thinking, “Let’s just ask Naples what to do about GW,”

but obviously the issue is fraught with peril to otherwise pleasant social discourse.

So let me give an example of solving an issue closer to home, and you be intelligent enough to extrapolate what to do about the imminent End of the World via heat stroke and rising ocean levels.

So come hoping the board has gotten more busy, and yes it has. Nothing better than a David Day. 🙂

But global warming is real (both sides agree). And no matter how much cause of man or natural…. man can still fight what is going on. So either way — cleaner makes sense.

89. naplesfan2010 says:

Substitute Topic then:
    Hurricanes.

What to do about $B losses and loss of life and disruption of fun related to a natural phenomenon?

So, what causes hurricanes to eventually die off?
    1) colder water temps and 2) passing over dry land.

Ergo, let’s tow barges of frozen mud directly into the path of Hurricane Abner.
    Expensive? Not compared to hurricane damage.
    Dangerous? not compared to hurricane winds and flooding.
    Messy? not compared to hurricane aftermath

Hey you guys are smart. Let’s go collect all the derelict car bodies or abandoned appliances that would choke landfills and pack them with frozen mud. Or worn out ships, soviet apartments, etc.

And intead of really good mud, how about filling them with frozen kitchen garbage from every fast food restaurant, college dining hall, and Buffalo Bills tailgating brawl. The first two are mostly biodegradable and the third will make 700 pound tuna for us to harvest later that year.

Global Warming!

A domestic abuse victim breaks into her exs house and takes his guns, while he’s locked up. She’s in fear for her life, not relevant, but stating it anyways. She takes the guns to the police, where they arrest her for breaking and entering and transporting stolen firearms.

Some activists are incensed by her arrest. Are the cops supposed to not arrest her and play judge and jury?

I dont care either way what the cops decide to do, as I can see a reason for either side.

What should they have done?

Sounds like they need adjoining cells!

I read that this morning and thought, You got to be kidding? Shit throw them in the river!
      Don’t admit to grand theft and B&E!!!!

They should have done what they did. She committed a crime. They also know she is not gonna get a bad sentence. No matter how fearful she was…. they really had no choice.

He was actually ordered to turn the guns over as part of his Pretrial release. He was in jail for domestic violence (alleged not convicted)

There was a hearing about his early release before standing trial
      And as a condition of his release he was supposed to turn over his guns pending the trial

Then she broke into his home before he arrived and took the guns to the police she says she believed he would not comply with that order

It was illegal for her to do that, but obviously her intent wasn’t to steal the guns for herself – just bring them to the police

They probably didn’t have to arrest her on the spot – given she was essentially confessing and turning herself in and wasn’t really a threat to commit more crime

I think the police have to charge her a crime
      But they can charge her without arresting her and holding her overnight – then she can plead her defense at the trial

Wouldn’t that make more sense?

And some day the sun will die and so with earth.

And it will be the “Orange man’s” fault

Why is Syracuse responsible for this?

I’m so jaded by politics, the crazy agendas and the bias people have on everything that it’s no wonder nothing ever gets done. It’s become the norm for politicians to accuse and indict each other and spend most of their time with that as important issues that affect all of us stay stagnant with no solutions. If the American people were smart, in this next election season vote all the old guard out and cleanse it from years of political biases. Yes you’ll get some new whacky AOC types but you’ll get some new common sense blood in there too.

Just like with the Dolphins. The way we were doing things wasn’t working. It had to start over.

96. TryPod says:

I’ll go on record and say I think man has had an effect on the climate. I’ll also say that it does not preclude other factors are contributing. Finally I’ll say that weather does not equal climate, any more than 3 days of decline on the stock market equals a bad economy.

Anything in nature that participates in something has an effect on the result. That’s the way we should be looking at it. Humans are a part of nature. But if you know even a little bit about the evolution of our planet, there have been extreme climate changes that were significantly more extreme than what’s going on now. The Sun is a major participant. Without it we’re all gone. That is the one definitive God for sure.

97. TryPod says:

Has anyone else had the problem of staying logged in to the website? Every time I leave the page I have to log back in to leave a post. It wasn’t always this way for me- just started over last year or so.

I do not have that problem. Maybe you need to clear your cache. Not sure. I know Twice would probably have a better answer for you.

• TryPod says:

Ok. New phone two days ago, same issue.. just can’t seem to stay logged into WordPress

Try, I started having that problem with my old phone but since I got a new phone it stopped. I’m surprised yours continues with the new phone. It’s a real pain in the ass. I wish I could offer a solution.

• TryPod says:

Thanks, Son. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it.

Hey dude from Montreal, I approved your comment so you should be able to post. Welcome aboard and thanks for reading.

But do they come back after that? Maybe we could have some kind of notice about that up top. First approval is your Golden Ticket to the Chocolate Factory, but you may have to wait a bit for it….. check back.

We should. We’re not so good lately about catching new posts right away. The kicker is that I don’t see a date or time on the post so it could have been there for a hour or a week. Once it’s approved it will show up when it was posted so I looked up this page for it but it was prior to this page. The guy said he’s been reading along since the SS days so I hope he’ll see this.

Most of Trumps environmental policy can be traced back to EPA policy with some distinctions. But the EPA policy is set by his appointee and directly attributable to him

Here are some things to be aware of
    From the comments, it doesn’t seem like people are aware of this stuff
    And frankly I get that –
    It’s not reported much and it’s hyper technical

But it’s very real and not just the product of Trump hate

1. Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Change agreement. You can argue it would not have been effective bc it’s basically voluntarily and India and China didn’t sign on – but for starters pulling out of that is hard to ignore

2. The EPA has rolled back the Obama administration Clean Power Plan (which was set to reduce carbon emissions by 32% by 2030 – but now it’s gone)

3. He campaigned on coal (a dying industry)as an industry – which doesnt help air quality. So I think if you are being honest about trump, you know where his loyalties lie with certain industries

4. Under Trump the EPA loosed toxic air pollution regs by changing the OIAI rule – you can read about that here – this is the EPA’s take on it. They say it’s duplicitous and uncessary regs but you can find 1000 other opinions if you look

5. In 2011 CAFE set a fuel economy standard to about 54 mph (on average) for cars made after 2012 by 2025. Basically every major car manufacture agreed to avg that amount citing environmental concerns – in 2018 that cap was reduced to 34 mph

6. A 2017 executive order (11988) was revoked by Trump. That executive order required fed subsidized buildings to be built to factor in rising sea levels. HUD still uses it though. That’s doesnt affect the environment – just the consequences of it.

7. Executive order 13778 (trumps EO) redefined federally protected waters in the US to make it more narrow. Obama broadened it. It’s a 1972 fed law – so that has happened in prior administrtaion. But no question – Trumps rule leaves less eaters protected as federal waters

8. The Dept of Commerce has announced (last july) an effort to overhaul the endangered species act. They are asking for economic consequences to play a greater role in determining a protected species. So if it costs an industry money, it’s less likely to be protected

9. Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante in Utah Has been opened for mining and drilling under Trump. Utah is fighting him in court so it hasn’t really gone into effect yet.

10. And of course even the environmental laws that are on the books aren’t being enforced. The EPA is at and all time low for criminal prosecutions. They aren’t even enforcing the rules they agree with. Do you know the kind of neglect it takes to hit a 30 year low in that? 30 years ago there were barely any laws to prosecute

This is scratching the surface. I can go on forever but I’ll spare you guys. I just think you are wrong in some of these comments: These are very real things, real laws with real consequences

Maybe you are dismissive bc David says them
    Or bc a known trump hater like myself says them

But they are still very real and worth examining if you are going to draw conclusions on the subject rather than saying criticism directed at Trump is hysterical

these are dramatic assaults on environmental legislation

This isn’t “bad or orange man” territory
    Albeit I would have an easier time doing that than writing this out

I wish there was less time discussing stormy Daniels or who trump offended today and more time on this – but that doesn’t mean this legislation isn’t real and doesn’t have real effects

I am always amazed how people support trump by being in constant denial about who he is or what he does just bc you dislikes his critics so much

Smart woman, taking matters into her own hands rather than waiting for what she obviously feared he would do. I’d bet she knew it likely she’d be charged. It’s sad she feels the need to take these kind of steps to not get killed, but the cops only did what was required of them. Either way there is now a lot more scrutiny on her case, which hopefully works to her benefit. She looks like Barbara Bach.

Stranger – Sorry for the delayed response. I was getting on a plane.

I wasn’t trying to spin the Window Licker up, just commenting to Mike. Seemed to settle down pretty quickly.

Piggy – Mankind definitely impacts the environment. But it would be better to spend resources combatting what we know to be real rather than something that scientists disagree on like climate change. Like plastic in the ocean…we could actually be doing something about that. Instead we’re focused on temperatures and glaciers when all we really know is that they have always changed.

Some of your examples were more about controlling government overreach than anything else. Obama’s federally protected waters expansion put farmers and ranchers afoul of the law if the dug or changed watering holes they built themselves on private land. Pulling out of the Paris Accord was the right thing to do. It punished America and put us at an economic disadvantage without impacting environmental pollution factors at all.

Piggy
    I live and work in a very EPA regulated environment.
    Too say it’s not regulated is totally wrong!
    The things that this administration has repealed is fluff that most folks thought un-necessary in the first place!

There are a few I’d raise my eyebrows too!
    Can’t see Fuel MPH being a show stopper? Unless it was going to raise the price out of market???????

You are okay with considering the economic impact before calling a species endangered?

Or that it’s easier for industries to put more toxic pollutants in the air that cause cancer?

I don’t think that’s fluff

I work in the industries that are supposedly poisoning the planet!

They have very strict EPA regulations!

I won’t get started on the old spotted owl fiasco! But it didn’t just effect their habitat!
        Of that I can assure you!

WY

They have restrictions to comply with bc of the state of law in most cases

If you start cutting legislation here and there, then you are dependent on the generosity of people who need to turn a profit and beat their competitors to take responsible steps – sorry but that not their goal nor should it be, profit should be

It’s a delicate balance between legislation and business interests

But if you start slashing legislation like a Trump has been –
        I don’t think the results will be good

Sometimes I go the other way on this
        I’m freaking out about new legislation in NY that affects the real estate market

I think that govt overreach

But on the other hand endangered species, land designated as federally protected, air quality…I don’t know, I think we have to tome down the emphasis on economics and think about preservation

?????????????????????????????????

I don’t think the Paris Accord punished America
    We were under the same obligations of everyone else who signed it
    And the only nations that didn’t were China, India and I think Ecuador

It doesn’t put you at an economic disadvantage with Europe if they are all bound by the same agreement which basically was just a reporting requirement in emissions

Actually given we had higher emissions than everyone else, the reduction of emission should have been easier for us to achieve Witt some basic regulation

China was the real problem – but it’s a lot easier to pressure China to change their policies as part of a global agreement if they are the odd nation out

The intent long term should have been able too get China to join not for us to bail out.

Those laws the EPA isn’t enforcing aren’t govt overeach IMO. Some are just long time pollltuiom restrictions. If there are less violations than there have been in 30 years that’s 3 decades of govt overeach and that’s a hard sell.

Could it be instead that Trump is so laissez faire about the environment that we are letting more go now than ever – that seems a lot more plausible to me

I can appreciate a libertarian point of view about environmentalism
    But make no mistake about it, that’s what a Trump is. Much less protective legislation to pursue economic interests

Those are the choices we make as voters
    Not whether you hate the people who criticize trump or not

I think he’s a silly orange man too but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a way to evaluate his policies and see if they are right for each voter

You choose between philosophies at the end of the day

And I don’t think any of the earlier comments gave me the impression that people really understand Trumps environmental approach. Instead I thought people think it’s “fake news” or TDS or whether people say to ignore the criticism

The current head of the EPA is a former coal lobbyist
    That kind of says a mouthful IMO

I also think the idea that scientists disagree about climate change is a bit far fetched
    There are scientists who have rebutted the prevailing view
    So yeah there’s a minority opinion
    But the prevailing view among scientists is that it’s real and can be prevented

If 4 doctors tell me I have a tumor
    And 1 tells me that’s bs
    I hope that 1 doctor is right
    But I’m going to take preventative steps based on what the other 4 told me

That was supposed to be a reply to a Phish

^^what he said

• Krishna says:

Pretty much my understanding of human impact on climate change. The greenhouse effect has been confirmed by science and human impact is largely responsible.

Of course orbital, solar, and lunar forces impact climate, too, and science is able to explain it.

What I have a difficult time reconciling: my understanding is the earth in its 4-5 billion year history is cycling toward the ice age, yet the planet is warming, and the only factor accounting for this anomaly is the last 100 years of technology.

• good post Piggy

but not one person could come up with only one example of trumps policies HELPING the environment

if someone asked the same question about Obama, there would be hundreds of answers

we live in a unsubstainable environment with a stable genius leader who yesterday sanctioned a guy that died in 1989

what a ignorant jackass sanctioning dead people, and no, raking the forests does NOT count as a trump policy to help the environment

make america great by punishing the people that died 40 years ago?

this is what happens when people vote for an idiot that cant google or use a computer

he is one of the dumbest persons on earth, is making us less safe, and the laughing stock of the planet

So ignoring the fact that all things in nature run in cycles!

Do you reckon it’s our turn?

If not now! It will eventually be our turn!!!!! 😉

Pigs – For sure I would like to see an objective media report more on what our government is doing rather than focusing on salacious, clickbait. But that ship has sailed.

I don’t think that the non climate change scientists are a minority. Less reported maybe. As for who gets appointed to cabinet positions, it’s always someone from the controlling philosophy ‘s viewpoint. Wasn’t the last EPA head a Greenie?

Piggy
    I guess the question is preservation for whom?

It’s all fine to stop the logging in Oregon for the spotted owl!

But when it killed the saw mills in Idaho and Wyoming because our trees were shipped to Oregon because of a fricken owl that I’ve never seen?

Maybe you aught to go ask the people that were affected before you make a judgement form NY City?

What if they find a super secret mole in the subway system?

How do you think NY would be if they were shut down tomorrow???????????

We have plenty of rodents in the subway WY

That’s Oregon protecting its own logging industry (people) isn’t it?

They don’t want to kill their own 🦉
      And they don’t want to kill their logging industry by importing everything from Wyoming or Idaho

Am I wrong?

Nope!
        Feds shut down their logging, so they in turn bought our logs. So they could keep shipping lumber to Japan!

But the whole thing started over an Owl!

Phish
    There’s been 6 EPA heads over the last 2 administration

I throw out the in between “acting” types

Under Obama, 1 of them worked in Mass. version of the EPA for a while (mccarthy) and the the other (Jackson) worked In the NJ version of the EPA but now works for apple

Are those two Greenies?

The current guy Wheeler has experience in environmental protection
    He’s not unqualified
    But he was a coal lobbyist

The guy before him (Pruitt) i mean forget it

He wanted to get rid of the EPA when he was OK AG
    And he dissolved the OK EPA
    Not very envrionmental friendly at all

Of course man affects global warming, but the damage is insignificant.

My problem with Trump hate by the left on environmental issues is where were they when Obama was allowing all of these BS regulations. Partisan hacks cant have it both ways. I agree some of the regulations Trump has cut aren’t good for us Utah, 54 mpg…

I don’t understand why you are saying people want it both ways?

If Someone wanted environmental regulation, then what Obama did was good
      At worst, its not enough

But slashing environmental legislation is the last thing those people would want
      And that’s what trump is doing

Sure people who don’t like trump criticize him for everything (I know I do…lol)

But if someone favors environmental protections
      And many on the left do – that’s legit criticism
      I don’t see the Double standard

I think Drakes bad for the environment as well, every time he gets stuffed at the LOS we lose a cloud of dust to the air!

GOT GOOD NEWS yesterday when I had my surgical stitches removed at Moffitt Cancer Hospital here in Tampa. NO MORE CANCER found as of this time. But I’ll need a battery of other tests (PET scan, MRI, etc.) to confirm this. MORE later.

113. naplesfan2010 says:

I thought the spotted owl, and the snail darter before that, were just mechanisms useful in stopping (in Oregon) the clear-cutting of ancient redwood forests before the slopes of the cascades were all just denuded with not only ugly but dangerous consequences of erosion and compromised air quality. And in the minnow’s case, the fish was useful to stop yet another verdant valley from being inundated by a reservoir just because we had discovered the technology for converting natural landscape into concrete rec centers.

I think it’s wrong to clear cut forests and wrong to dam every river.

114. naplesfan2010 says:

I agree with Phel that one of the first things I would do as president is vacuum all the plastic out of the oceans. We could throw it into the incinerators at power plants and lessen the burning of coal.

And / or throw it into the recycling plants to make park benches,
    so I could take a break while hiking in the Global Warming heat down here.

(Pracitcing my Passive Aggression)

THANK YOU WYOMING & NAPLES!
    I’M NOT out of the woods, yet.
    BUT we’re hoping there will be good news after this battery of tests.
    ON TO WORK!!!!!

Great to hear OD! Keep up the good news and feel better!

Long live the V8 combustion engine!!!

And the V10, and the V12 too.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I drive a Vette, so I am not in favor of outlawing the internal combustion engine.
      (Also why I am not a Communist, cause they would take that away from me)

But our 2020 Vettes could be more fuel efficient, less pollution spewing, and still fun to launch off from a stop light. I’m just proposing to use our genius engineers to make everything better.

I am not in favor of just giving up and saying we can’t design better devices.
      We will always need oil. But school buses and UPS trucks don’t need to drink gas.

Now Adam Gase was also 38 when the Dolphins hired him but he was an arrogant douche

119. naplesfan2010 says:

PS: My wife drives a Lexus hybrid getting 40+MPH, so there are ways to balance things off.

Electric cars are already faster than gasoline powered cars, but I know that while I would enjoy the speed, I’d miss the visceral experience of hearing the engine roar and the exhaust bark.

120. we could always sanction more dead people, that might help

unbelievable we are at the brink of war with iran, and spanky mcbone spurs cannot identify the leader of iran

imagine if Roosevelt sanctioned Germany and Kaiser Wilhelm during WW2
    lol

we need to use the 25th amendment to remove mentally ill presidents before he has us in a nuclear war to punish iran but targeting norway

121. https://www.tesla.com/model3

0-60 in a blistering 3.2 seconds, AWD , all electric

We need a LOT more charging stations for these vehicles. I know, it’s Trump’s fault

• true on the stations, im not blaming trump for stuff he didnt do, its the stupid stuff he does do that is pointless and endangering innnocent lives

we cannot go to war or punish other countries if we dont know who they are or who their leader is
        we need a capable commander in chief, one that can tie his shoes and count to ten at the same time, lol
        thats irresponsible, careless, dangerous, and stupid

but now i know why he dodged the draft 5 times, he wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes in Vietnam

LOL – I’m hoping Trump wins another term, I love to see people like David tortured so. lol

LOL – Pocahontas thrashes Biden in poll for Dems. Oh, that Democratic party sure is shaping up to be a winner! Bernie Sanders in 2nd place. Oh joy!

David, you really need to let that go . . . You’ve spewed that about 10 times today. The sanctions are the sanctions, who cares what the fuckfaces name is? I know I don’t!

• so You dont know who the leader is, and dont care if our commander in chief can correctly identify an enemy or not.
      whats the worst that can happen if we nuke iowa unstead of iran because the commander in chief cant identify the enemy, or listen to his advisors and generals

got it, nuff said, God help us All

Is that how it works? He doesn’t know the leaders name off hand so we bomb Iowa? Wow, hyperbole much?

125. maybe people in states that start with I should build bomb shelters, lol SMH

revel in ignorance, im out

They have also discovered that there will always be fools who believe lies because they want to.

I believe ALL politicians lie, they have to. They don’t know any other way. You have to make promises you can’t keep, and that’s party neutral, they all do that

Here is one for the investors…

“If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it’s not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true.” – Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Rock – I absolutely agree with you that you can’t argue with people who believe moral certainty outweigh actual facts.

So what is your beef? All climate change is manmade? The Orange Man is evil and you cannot accept that he has done some good? How has you life become worse from something he has done over the last two years?

This is what I’m talking about:
    There’s a problem we could be dealing with. But instead we’re more worried about cars and “green” technologies that need petrochemical production and coal-produced energy to be built and to run. What takes down a wind turbine the fastest? An oil leak.

Piggy – To your earlier question, yes “Green” industries. They spend their billions lobbying and paying for “studies” that help them get legislation that is advantageous to their industry at the cost of competing industries. For instance in California they are pushing a bill that narrowly defines green energy as wind and solar. Excludes water and nuclear. Know what kills a lot of birds?

Not saying we shouldn’t be aware of our impact on the environment or that we shouldn’t have aspirational goals to reduce that impact, but why don’t we start with some realistic efforts.

BTW – Not that give a rats ass about the name situation, I promise I don’t, but Trump said Ayotallah Khomeini instead of Ali Khomeini. OMG!!!

Might have put this out in 2016 but will repeat. My Cousin made a bunch of money in reinsurance. He ends up as chair of the board of the biggest charity in his real nice place, and apparently one that The Donald was interested in.

Trump calls up and says, “how much to be on your board.” My cousin explains is a working board but we’d love your support, you’d be listed in our literature etc. Trump keeps asking “how much to be on your board” no matter what my cousin says. Finally my cos says 250k.

Trump throws a fit explaining he’s paid far less to get on far better boards and asks “why so much.” My cousins says, “cause that is the price for someone as obnoxious as you.” End of conversation.

• pheloniusphish says:

Dang New Yorkers…all obnoxious. And they talk funny.

I bet your cousin knows the name of the leader of Iran too. lol

He’s passed now so doesn’t know that name. But was one of the smartest and best people have ever met.

FWIW – I can’t stand Trump – I can’t look at him or listen to him. That doesn’t mean I think he’s the worst president ever.

Was just sharing a 2nd-hand experience with The Donald. And my cousin was pretty cool. Died of AIDS and even with all the money in the world went into a drug trial not knowing if he was getting the drug or a control who did not just cause thought would be unfair to pay to make it happen differently. He got the drug, it worked and he got ten more years.

I personally don’t give a crap about climate change, global warming or whatever you want to call it. I don’t care about the giant floating island of plastic / trash in the oceans. I don’t care about any of it. I don’t have children and never will, so I am only concerned with the next 30 years or so.

FUCK YOUR CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN!

That’s what I got to say about it. If you don’t like that then DO SOMETHING about it with your elected officials

LOL

• Krishna says:

Yep, I think that’s the point….I try to do my part every day even though it’s infinitesimal to the grand scheme.

I’m in the same boat

I have no idea why I support politicians that support environmental legislation or education except that maybe I don’t like the alternatives

But if some one comes around and runs a platform that directs a pipeline of tax dollars directly to my bank account – fuck you guys, your kids or your grandkids

I don’t know maybe because it’s the right thing to do? Not the Right thing, just the right thing.

June 25, 2019 at 12:39 pm
    LOL, that whole movement is just bizarre. Then again people believe in lots of mysterious stuff that can’t be proven.

I would like to spend an hour with one of them along with a middle-school globe and have them try to explain to me who the flat world works. Where does the sun go when it goes down? How is it that it rise on the opposite horizon? How do they explain that I can take Jet from here to CA to Japan, to India to Europe and then back here ALWAYS flying West?

I just can’t believe it is a real movement.

Rock – FUCK YOUR KNUCKLE BABIES!!

June 25, 2019 at 3:38 pm
    What, those fake blue marble pics? lol

Oh right, forgot they don’t believe those but believe the world is flat. LOL

I’m gonna open a gofundyouself account to pay to build a giant slingshot so we can launch any flat earther who wants to prove the earth is flat into space so they can prove it.

Rockphin says:

“I would like to spend an hour with one of them along with a middle-school globe and have them try to explain to me who the flat world works. Where does the sun go when it goes down? ”
    ———————–

They believe it rotates above the surface of the flat earth. They have their own earth plate (instead of earth globe) which demonstrates and explains it. It’s hilarious wacko shit. It’s a bigger conspiracy theory than any of the goofy 9/11 ones. Where the 9/11 conspiracies are hundreds or thousands of people in on it, the flat earth conspiracy requires that tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands be in on it.

If you have the chance, watch Beyond the Curve. It’s a flat earth conspiracy documentary on Netflix. It is immensely entertaining watching these brilliant specimens of the human race show their capacity for logic and sanity in trying to explain and justify their beliefs. By the end of the documentary, these morons actually disprove their own theory (more than once), lmao.

I honestly think their leader, Mark Sargent, doesn’t even believe his own shit. He’s just such a ‘celebrity’ in that community, he purports a continued belief to maintain his title as world leader of the basement buffoons brigade.

Rock, no need for a slingshot. One of them is trying to build a rocket to himself and prove the earth is flat.

If the earth isn’t flat, then how do people travel to the ends of the earth?

They go to some high cliffs overseeing the ocean and say see there it is.
      Flatearther: Kids, as far as you can see, that’s where the end and the waterfalls are.
      Kids: But how does the ocean not lose all it’s water?
      Flatearther: It rains!
      Kids: You’re an idiot!

The Earth

I can’t even imagine anyone could really believe the earth is flat. They probably just want notoriety

I want to again thank everyone who wished Mrs. OD and me a speedy recovery from our ills.
    Here’s an interesting side bar. The doctor who operated on me turns out to be A COIN COLLECTOR!!! Today he made an appointment with our office manager to come by and have me “evaluate” his collection. I sure hope he doesn’t have a bunch of Chinese counterfeits!!!!
    ———–
    Mike E. –A belated “Attaboy” for pitching while far less than 100%. The fact that YOU WON proves you are a “team first” kind of guy.
    YOUNG STANGER: Mrs. OD says “hi” and told me to tell you you are “a really nice guy.” She says she’s feeling a bit better, today.
    ———-
    FINALLY, according to WFLA channel 8, the high today in Tampa was 98; the heat index was 111!! –COULD be hotter tomorrow!! –YECH!!

how bout those mets? the GM who by the way wasn’t even at the game told the manager to pull DeGrom.
    shouldn’t the GM be involved in contracts finding good players and the manager make the on field adjustments?
    what a dis-functional team!

147. 323 days until Bitcoins halvening event

BTC has gone from $3100 several months ago to almost $13000

i have 11,54 BTC, now worth six figures

price target is north of $500,000

get BTC if you want to be a millionaire like Me

just buy and hold, this will pay more than Your job

148. tips
    use coinbase, and hold your BTC securely in a offline wallet

also buy Bitcoin cash with BTC, and you get almost double the gains of just BTC against the USD

Guess if Rosen ever get’s a knee injury we know who he’ll call fist: “Rosen’s father is an orthopedic surgeon. He was considered by President Obama to serve as surgeon general.”

Am I the only one who missed that Tiger’s ex Elin Nordegren’s boyfriend and soon to be baby daddy is Jordan Cameron?

I assure you that you are not the only one. One of my favorite TE’s. I wanted so badly for us to sign him! 😉

Retire at 28 with millions in the bank and then get together with a Swedish beauty who has many times more than yours….. not such a bad career.

Don Nelson tried to dump Ewing and trade for Shaq when he was 23, He got fired for that, can you imagine if the knicks would have got Shaq at 23? they probably would have a couple of rings from that. the word is nobody now wants to play for James Dolan.

I loved Ewing as a Knick, but the one thing I was always disappointed about him was I never saw the “Hoya Destroya” as a Knick. He kind of became this soft outside shooting big man rather than a dominant player in the paint and I never understood why. Regardless, he was still a great player and I have no regrets about not trading for Shaq

The problem with the Knicks wasn’t Ewing, they didn’t have that 2nd consistent scorer. Starks was okay but not consistently good enough. He was hot and cold.

I thought Ewing was pretty physical in the Oakley/Starks days

That whole team would literally beat people up

If anyone was soft it wasn’t Charles Smith

It was more Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Larry Johnson, even Mark Jackson to a point. Ewing was never really the dominant force inside in the NBA like he was in college. He became more of a finesse player preferring a 20′ jump shot to a thunderous dunk inside the paint. He was still a great player, just different

Ewing had his moments of physical play. That era of the NBA was way more physical than it has been the last 15 years or whatever.

Charles Smith was definitely soft. It’s not that Ewing was soft, it’s that he chose not be as physical as he could be

You ladies talking about synchronized swimming?

156. Phindog says:

Catching up on today’s posts just cracks me up. As my late great father used to say (rest his soul) “ You got more shit than a Christmas goose “ 😁🐕

157. Phindog says:

OD. Glad you and Mrs. OD are doing well. Sorry I haven’t been here for a bit to wish you and your wife best wishes from the Phindog family. Stay strong.

158. naplesfan2010 says:

Defensive coordinator Brian Flores
    Defensive line coach Brendan Daly
    Cornerbacks coach Josh Boyer
    QB coach Chad O’Shea
    Assistant QB coach Jerry Schlupinski

• naplesfan2010 says:

What if a team lost its DC 2 years in a row?
      Wouldn’t that disrupt the pipeline?

What if a team lost its top 2 TEs
      AND
      its top 2 DEs
      AND its top 3 OTs? THREE tackles in a league where the OTs are crucial
      and on a team which must protect a 40+ yr-old QB !!!!!

What if a team also lost 2 of its top WRs
      AND its entire QB coaching staff?

AND 2 of the 4 defensive postion coaches
      in ADDITION to losing its DC?

Throw in losing rotational starter quality at CB and DT.

I just think this is MASSIVE.

159. naplesfan2010 says:

So Bellichick’s response is to become his own DC
    (ok so he was sorta that anyway)
    But is he not a bit old to be doing all that work?

Also look what they’ve done to Brady.
    Stripped away Gronk and 7-11 (2 of 3 safety valves)
    AND his long-time QB coach and assistant QB.
    These are guys he has been working with for more than 10 years.

Old dog must learn new tricks or teach his old tricks to puppies.
    Distraction much?

lets see….. do i go to the knicks for 80 mil less, play for goofy Dolan whom doesn’t have a clue and play in madison square garden that is an old run down gym?

or do i take 80 mil more not have to move and play in a brand new state of the art arena where i’m familiar with the staff and have won championships.

seems an easy decision, i’m sure Durant can count.

NEW BLOG UP!