Linebackers – Current depth chart and needs

LOLB – Charles Harris, James Crawford

LILB – Jerome Baker, Deon Lacey

RILB – Raekwon McMillan, Vince Biegel

ROLB – Sam Eguavoen, Trent Harris, Andrew Van Ginkel

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious that we have some work to do here with this unit. Mike Hull is still on the roster but not expected to return. Chase Allen is not on the roster and I don’t expect him back either. Neither of the two have been able to stay healthy and on the field. Ironically, the highest paid player of this entire bunch is the one who did the least, Charles Harris. I think there’s a very good chance we cut the cord with Harris and maybe he finds himself somewhere else, but it’s clear it’s not happening here in Miami.

Now for the good and promising. Vince Biegel is a RFA, and Biegel wants to return to Miami. I’m pretty sure that gets done as the feelings are mutual. Jermome Baker has been great, if not not great than very good. He’s the real deal. Raekwon bounced back nicely in 2018 after missing almost all of 2017 as a 2nd RD pick. He played all 16 games in his return in ’18 and played well. Last year he played in only 13 games starting 12. His snap count went down from 76% to 46% in 2019. His lack of speed and coverage ability and the use of defensive backs limited his chances to be on the field. He’s not a 3 down LB, but not many are. For comparison, Jerome Baker was on the field for 97% of the plays on defense. Sam Eguavoen was in on 56% which further illustrates how limited Raekwon is. That doesn’t mean he’s not valuable, but he’s a 2 down player who really needs to make his hay on early and non passing downs.

What we need going forward is to find LB’s, most likely outside LB’s that can rush the passer. Last year the lack of pass rush was pathetic. It’s really a testament to the young guys that played in the secondary that we didn’t allow 40 PPG. We did allow 31, which is unacceptable. I think we will be active in FA and the draft and start forming a semblance of a defensive roster that can get to the QB. Here’s how we might be able to do that.

I’m not going to consider FA’s that older than 29, so keep that in mind.

Dante Fowler 6’3 255 – came up with the Jaguars in ’17 but was traded to the Rams in ’18 really found success this past season in LA. He had his best season by far totaling 58 tackles (40 solo) and 11.5 sacks. We have to find players that can bring us double digit sacks. He’s only 25 and he will be expensive and really has one strong season on his resume.

Bud Dupree 6’4 269 – Dupree was drafted by the Steelers in 2015 and has been increasing his workload every year since 2017. Last season was his best playing all 16 games and totaling 68 tackles (49 solo) and recording 11.5 sacks. He played 91% of the plays last year on defense.

Vic Beasley 6’3 246 – Beasley has played 5 seasons for the Atlanta Falcons and had his best season in 2016 where he totaled 15.5 sacks. He actually hasn’t achieved double digits since then, in fact last season was his best season with 8 sacks since ’16. Still, Beasley has 37.5 sacks on his resume. He played 73% of defensive snaps last season and his 12 QB hits was his highest since ’16.

Shaq Lawson 6’3 267 – Lawson played for our division rival Bills and he’ll be 26 by the time the ’20 season starts. He’s had a decent career with Buffalo he hasn’t been stellar. Last season he totaled 6.5 sacks and 32 tackles (21 solo), but he managed to lay 18 QB hits last season up 6 from ’18. That means he’s just missing a bunch of sacks and maybe someone needs to find a way to get him even closer and faster to the QB. He played only 47% of the defensive snaps last season.

Shaq Barrett 6’2 250 – Barrett was drafted by the Broncos in 2014 and spent 5 seasons with Denver. Last year playing for Tampa Bay in the NFC was an awakening. Barrett came into that season with 14 career sacks and he more than doubled his total with 19.5 sacks last season. Barrett totaled 58 tackles (45 solo) along with a ridiculous 37 QB hits. This guy is always around the QB!!! Barrett played in a career high 79% of the defensive plays last season.

Besides Free Agency, there will be the draft as well, and there are definitely prospects that can help our team. Here are a few that we might consider. Just like the free agents, some of these guys have played both DE and OLB. Isaiah Simmons will be the first LB off the board and we should have a shot at him at #5. I don’t expect that, but who knows? K’Lavon Chaisson is a hybrid guy who has potential and may be around for our 2nd pick at #18. I’m leaving out Chase Young because he would require a trade up. A.J. Epenesa is a big DE prospect at 6’6 280 but he could conceivably shed some weight to become a faster rusher from the outside. He’s a very strong player against the run. Zack Baun is another guy who has potential for us, and we should have a shot at him at #26, or possibly in the 2nd RD. He had 12.5 sacks last season for Wisconsin.

Feel free to add in some other prospects that you like . . .

GO DOLPHINS!!!

#staythecourse

413 Responses to Linebackers – Current depth chart and needs

1. bailbondmike says:

Good article MikeE! There are some really good free agents out there. It’s almost a sure thing we nab one and draft one.

Thanks BBM! I think we have to grab at least one or two OL, one high level, one with starter ability, and then on the defense we have to get at least one pass rusher in FA.

2. bailbondmike says:

Would be interesting but I do question what they pointed out in his production spike last season after they added Bosa and Ford along with Buckner. I think he is a product of that and think he will get overpaid. Hope it won’t be us overpaying him.

3. bailbondmike says:

And then there is Clowney. He is a stout edge defender and great against the run but didn’t realize his sack numbers were meh.

4. bailbondmike says:

This turned out nice. I traded down with Raiders. Again, I think FirstPicks player rankings are a bit off.

Round 1 Pick 12 (L.V.): Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 18: KLavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (B)
    Round 1 Pick 19 (L.V.): Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (B+)
    Round 1 Pick 26: DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 7: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 24: Lloyd Cushenberry III, C/OG, LSU (B)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 39 (COMP): Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 16: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 6: Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 18: Michael Warren, RB, Cincinnati (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 32: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky (A+)

5. naplesfan2010 says:

from NFL.com
    only eight players in those glorious 100 years have ever passed for more than 5,000 yards in a season.

3 who have done it are all in FA this year.

The latest was Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston, a one-man roller coaster who led the NFL with 5,109 yards passing. The others are Brady and Brees.

and in the history of the game, no 5,000-yard thrower has ever achieved that feat and gone on to play for another team. Winston might well be the No. 1 contender for that to happen. Or perhaps it’s Brady. Either way, it’s never happened before.

They are among several league laeders who are FAs.

As almost feels like commonplace, Brees led the NFL in completion percentage (74.3).

Shaq Barrett led the NFL with 19.5 sacks, but his contract is also coming up.

Vikings safety Anthony Harries tied for the league-lead with six interceptions. Also a FA.

Titans’ Ryan Tannehill, who was the leader in passer rating (117.5), also a FA.

And of course there’s Tannehill’s teammate, running back Derrick Henry, the reigning NFL rushing king (1,540 yards). Also a FA.

6. bailbondmike says:

I was just thinking if we landed Becton, Cushenberry, Charles and Stenberg, our OL would become stout fast.

Yannick Ngakoue plays DE for the jags but he would probably play OLB for us if we signed him

I think he’s also up for consideration

I would personally love Beasley or Dupree
    OL, pass rush and CB seem to be smart places to spend free agency money

Imagine if we bring in a 10 sack vet and add some one like Chaisson in the first

I didn’t realize that Ngakoue was a FA. He’s only 25, and he played some LB his rookie season, but I think you’re right, he could fill that spot for us.

Yannick Ngakoue is the guy I’ve been saying we should target.

He will be very expensive, but we have to spend the money somewhere. As long as we get it right, it doesn’t matter all that much. Get a dog and overpay handsomely and it kills ya!

• naplesfan2010 says:

same here,
      ever since last summer when he got in a tiff over Jax refusing to extend him with a big raise

9. naplesfan2010 says:

Can we afford Conklin or Thuney, AND Ngakoue or Fowler, AND a frontline CB such as Harris?,

I think Ngakoue is going to be expensive
    He’s been great as a pro – consistent year after year
    And if you compare that to Dupree and/or Beasley he’s been more consistent

But I think there is a shot that In the right system Beasley of Dupree are more productive going forward

I’m not sure we’re going to be big spenders at a bunch of positions but I do think we will target a couple of top guys and then sprinkle in some solid guys.

I think we have to spend a little on OL. We need at least 1 reliable vet in the mix

Agreed on OL. I recently posted that we could sign two and that would allow some rooks time to get up to speed for the future. You don’t want your OL to be too young across the board.

I don’t want any top guys in FA…… want more to build the team solid as we can everywhere. But then I always want to trade down in the draft too. 🙂

Naples

I think it’s a little hard to land a premier OL, premier Pass rusher and A CB

But if I had to pick a combo that it would be
    Thuney/Beasley/Trae Waynes

But I admit, part of the reason I like both Beasley and Waynes is bc I thought so highly of them when they were coming out of college

So maybe I am overestimating their value

Awesome break down Mike E.

Seems LB is a perfect unit to pick up one in FA (not talking break the bank) and then go edge in the first. And I’m fine if Harris sticks. We drafted him for a reason.

Harris will likely get one more chance in camp and the preseason to prove himself. But I’m not sure it will happen. It’s disappointing because he’s a good guy and works hard but he seems to be lacking something.

He costs us $2 mil on his rookie contract. Makes him an easy cut, but also a guy you can keep on the cheap. Not saying he will start.

It’s not really about money with Harris but a lack of production. He flashes here and there, makes a tackle for a loss and gets a few pressures on the QB but most times he’s a step behind closing the deal for sacks.

Good write Mike! McMillan isn’t slow, he just doesn’t excel in coverage. But the coaches said he got better at it as the season went on. They also started using him as a blitzer more. Him and Baker are good ILBs for us. Baker can do a lot of different things for us. He’s excellent in coverage, is a good blitzer and makes plays sideline to sideline.

He’s not a quick twitch guy like Baker. Baker is just so much more explosive. Also, I think Raekwon may be a little slower processing too. He’s a solid interior LB, he’s a quality tackler who we desperately need.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Yeah Rakwon is a thumper and you need a guy popping the RBs, so they don’t get a head of steam or end up fresher than your D in the 4th.

He is still learning, still growing. We don’t need an ILB; we need a sack machine off the edge so our games and twists work better through the A gap.

15. rich0322 says:

While I agree a couple OL in FA is a must, we seem to be focusing here on most of the high priced positions/players in free agency. I know we are going to have money to spend, but I still think we will sign players in FA in the more middle price range. …Then draft pricey positions early like pash rusher, QB, OT and CB.

Which is why positions like WR and RB are luxuries in this stage of the team build. I know everyone wants that shiny RB out of Georgia, but OL, DL, QB, and secondary are just more important in year 2. Plus, I like the value RB gives us in the late 2nd round/early 3rd round better anyway.

I agree for the most part, but we just don’t have anything at RB right now. The other positions are definitely high priorities, but I consider RB a priority too considering what we have on our roster.

The only position I’d pay big money in FA is for a pass rusher.

As for RB, if we have a high value on a back like Swift I have no problem with us taking him in the 1st round. If we can get a real good back in the 2nd or 3rd that would be cool too.

Tim, I wasn’t really trying to belittle Raekwon, but his snap count does tell a story. He’s pretty much a 2 down guy. That’s really a function of playing some DB’s and quicker LB’s who are better in coverage. Everyone has their purpose.

Once again the local beat reporters always have to come up with something that will hurt the Dolphins.

Don’t RBs just sorta fall off trees into the streets? One place I could see bringing in a vet or two and kicking the tires on a stable of young’ns.

I have felt that way, and the truth is, if our O-line was solid it would be pretty much correct. I just feel like we’re so bereft of any kind of talent at RB that we need at least one solid back, and I wouldn’t even think of overpaying some vet RB in FA. I don’t care if we use our 3rd 1st RD pick on a RB, and I won’t be mad if we wait until the 2nd or 3rd either. I just hope we get a good one cause we got nuthin!

No exact guy in mind, but will bring up an exact type of guy when we brought him in — Frank Gore.

19. Krishna says:

Thanks for the articles, Mike E. I’m trusting your efforts.

We have so many holes. Just do your homework, be smart, and execute. Isn’t that what’s expected of the players?

Good to see your angry avatar Krshna 🙂

And yeah we have a lot of holes, but we also have like 2 y ears of cap and draft picks to fill them. Most interesting offseason in franchise history other than maybe the first one that only OD was around for.

I’m sure there will be some surprises with who we sign in FA and draft. For me it’s all about looking at the entire roster after it’s all done and see what our team looks like. Good chance we’ll have 20 new players.

I expect us to run the same defense under Boyer and with Gailey I’m not sure we’ll see much of a change being that he also comes from the the Erhardt-Perkins system. I’ve seen reports that his offense isn’t overly complicated so it’s easier for young players to get up to speed, but he also tapers it to the talent he has.

Thanks Krishna – No doubt! Some organizations make that all look so easy, they mostly bring in the right players that fit what they want to do and the train just keeps on running. I know you know what team I’m talking about. I’m hoping we’re heading in that direction. The way the young undrafted guys played last season made me feel like we can get that done.. I do believe we need to increase the talent level though, especially on the O-line, pass rushers and RB. We could use a safety and CB too, but you can’t do it all in one season.

I think with Grier and Flores on the same page, then guys like Reggie McKenzie pro player evaluator and Marvin Allen college player evaluator, along with Grier and Flores’ own eyes, they will acquire the right players that fit what they’re looking for. It should be interesting to see how they go about it.

With a better pass rush I would be fine with Howard, Needham, Rowe and McCain as our top 4 DBs. Then keep the best of the rest that we had last year and bring in a few new guys. I’m not that worried about the secondary.

I feel like Rock. I killed the blog. LOL

25. naplesfan2010 says:

I thought Fitzmagic was fun last year,
    and his effort in the face of those odds earned him another year as starter. IMHO

So I do not need to draft a franchise QB this year.
    However, we do need one.
    and I would hope to not be drafting in the top 5 next year,
    so we need to take advantage of this chance this year (maybe).
    Plus we have the capital to move up.
    Or we can “waste” a pick on a guy who won’t help us much next season
    and not lose all of our first round chances..
    And Tua (or Herbert for that matter) will need a year sitting behind a vet.

So voila.
    If Tua is the next Mahomes, let’s get him.
    If he’s the next Mariota, I’ll pass.

Flores will know which one Tua is.

• ocalarob says:

you don’t need to blow a top 5 pick on a QB unless you’re really sold on him as most great QBs are picked later in the draft

• naplesfan2010 says:

It is certainly interesting that several QBs who had great NFL careers
        were not picked #1,
        but that is not a transferable qualitative data point.

It would certainly be instructive to go back and see how Wilson and Mahomes profiled out when they were in the draft that made them fall versus how that same skillset translated to success in the NFL.

lack of Height, lack of hype, or whatever it was caused them to drop vs.
        drive, creativity, resiliency, “eyes downfield” mentality, pocket awareness, high football IQ, being clutch, etc. that
        have enabled them to succeed at such a high level.

Flores the scout can suss that out.

26. naplesfan2010 says:

I will not complain if we have a round one haul of the best OT, best DE pass rusher, and best RB
    available to us. Those are players we need as building blocks.

27. naplesfan2010 says:

I view CB and WR the same for us this year.
    Let’s go with what we have and let a full season sort out who we can depend upon long-term.

I do think Wilson is likely gone due to his contract, although we have the money for one more year.

28. naplesfan2010 says:

I look at Center the same as QB. (for us at this time)
    I can give the 2 vets another year, but that’s about it for Kilgore and Fitz, so we need to either draft a developmental guy who will step in as soon as he is ready, or wait and get a high-round plug and play starter in 2021 draft for those two positions.

29. naplesfan2010 says:

I do think we need another TE although this is not a great draft for them.
    There are a few FA TEs we could try to sign, since that is a hard position for a rook to succeed at.
    I’m cheering for Myarick to be ready to step up to the 53, but i doubt he ever does.
    If not, we only have 2, as Clive Walford might be a FA and had several really ugly drops last year.

30. naplesfan2010 says:

Now Tim
    THAT’s how to kill a blog by an expert at the technique.

31. bailbondmike says:

Don’t worry Naples, that’s how I felt yesterday morning. I killed a new blog before it even got started. LOL

32. bailbondmike says:

Here is an interesting mock with trades. Has Panthers trading ahead of us for Tua. Also has teams reaching for other QB’s (5 in 1st round).

• bailbondmike says:

Don’t like Dobbins at #26 with Swift still on the board. Swap Swift for Dobbins and I will take this first 2 round draft.

This is a lot to move up 4 spots…. but if a bidding war starts we might be in RG3 territory.
      —————————
      Carolina sends:
      2020 Round 1 (No. 7 overall)
      2020 Round 2 (No. 38 overall)
      2021 Round 1
      2021 Round 4
      2022 Round 2

Let other teams get in a bidding war. Just take the best player available. I can’t imagine us giving up anywhere near that.

33. bailbondmike says:

Here is some info on Shaq Lawson who was brought up with this Blog subject. If he projects better as a 4-3 DE then he might not be a fit for our defense.

Hell yeah the Dolphins are going to be “warming up” to Herbert like in Mike’s link. Could be absolutely true but even if they think he’s the next Ryan Leaf they will have to pretend they have a Plan B are happy with in trade up talks for Tua if comes to it.

Trade back that #5 pick, pick up more early draft picks for future years, after all it’s almost certain that Fitz will lead us this year, will we be in a position to contend in 2020? with all the new parts i doubt it, be patient, do what you can to acquire early picks for future years, before you know it we will be loaded with 1st and 2nd rnders and the odds are some will work out.

when you look at players that we picked early who have failed, that should tell you something, you need more shit to throw against the wall in hopes that some of it sticks. having one 1st rnder and one 2nd rnder every year is too much of a roll of the dice, you need multiple 1st & 2nd rnders.

I’m totally against trading up for one player and giving away precious draft capitol no matter who that player is.

the number 5 pick this year is way more valuable than the #5 pick next year, so when you trade back and acquire picks for future years in that time span the next years pick gains equity over the span of that year, that pick becomes more valuable. you have added value to your draft.

this is the way to build a dynasty. and we have the time to do that as it doesn’t appear we will be contending for a few more years.

trade back and keep trading back making that a part of your scheme.

Orob — love the trade back and invest in the future strategy. Right with you unless they want to take a QB. We need one of those things this year or next. And in 2021 we won’t be picking at #5.

• ocalarob says:

Trading back now along with what we already have in 2021 should get us enough ammo to go after Lawrence if that’s their strategy.

If i were calling the shots i would just stay back and let the talent come to me, do not chase any one player, keep the early picks coming in.

sooner or later you are bound for greatness.

no one player is worth the #5 overall pick IMO.

• ocalarob says:

As soon as you take that player at #5 the value starts to diminish, trading back for a pick this year and next years picks increases the value of that #5 pick.

it’s like real estate you build equity, then you can pretty much do what you want.

Orob — how the Pats were built. But then they got Brady on the cheap. Other way they did it was by trading away prized vets when they sensed a downturn that other teams probably didn’t sense.

February 16, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Tim, I know he has coached teams that had run it but everything I’ve seen and heard about Gailey is that he runs a modified spread offence, not the Erhardt-Perkins system. He didn’t run EP at the Jets or with Buff. Where did you hear he runs the EP?

I read those were the concepts he started in. The Pats offense is a modified spread offense from the Erhardt-Perkins system.

ORob, some team has to pick at #5. Not sure how that player’s value diminishes as soon as you make the pick? It’s not a car, it’s a person. What if that player becomes all pro?

Van Ginkel is a player I’m interested in watching this year. I thought he was quite active when he finally got on the field and played in the last 6 games. He did some decent blitzing and dropping in coverage and wasn’t afraid to join the mosh against the run. He may never be a special player but you never know, but at the least he could be a solid STs and role player at OLB like Biegel. If we can add edge guys who have more natural talent than both of them, now all of a sudden we’ve got depth too. These guys were good when we used those 1 DL, 4 LB and 6 DB formations all moving around before the snap.

39. Krishna says:

Pick the best player available and who believe in at 5. Believe in your research and work and eyes.

I think Flores might have a keener eye to help Grier get it done. It really works both ways, imho.

Agreed. You can only draft the prospects that are available so you put your board together and get ready for all scenarios. I like that our HC has experience in talent evaluation.

The fact that Grier set out to hire Flores as the HC was a sign he knew that he fit his vision. I don’t remember all the HC candidate names at the time but we always heard Flores was the guy we liked and he was hired. That was the first part of the plan on rebuilding this team. Now they both know more about the players they have and what has to get better. I’m psyched to watch it unfold.

I left out Eguavoen when discussing McMillan and Baker. He played well for us. I’m not concerned about ILB, we need edge rushers more than anything. Add that and the entire defense changes when QBs have less time to set and throw.

February 17, 2020 at 6:02 pm
    Not only that but future picks aren’t worth more than current picks.
    ________________________________

you got that backwards mike, current picks are worth more than future picks, for instance at the time of the trade a number 2 pick this year may be worth a number 1 next year, the future pick is less valuable than the current pick due to the time it takes to come to fruition.

but next year that #1 pick becomes just as valuable after the time has past, so you have gained profit from that pick waiting 1 year, it was a number 2 in 2020, and in 2021 that same #2 pick is now a #1.

you have gained equity over the year.

we have a multitude of picks, we might as well look to increase some of those picks into value.

He said what you’re saying just in reverse. LOL

• ocalarob says:

I know, we are on the same page i just thought he was correcting me and he made no mention that future picks are worth less than current picks. just wanted to explain it so he understood. maybe i made a mistake in the prior post i’m just to lazy to scroll up but you get the big pic

Pretty simple:
      Mike E – “Not only that but future picks aren’t worth more than current picks.”
      ORob – “you got that backwards mike, current picks are worth more than future picks,”

February 17, 2020 at 5:01 pm
    _____________________________________________

lets take Josh Rosen for instance, what did the cards give up to get him and what did they get in return? hell their still paying his rookie contract!

take a great player, an “all pro” do you think the team he’s playing for will release him in his rookie contract for draft consideration?

look at what the Boys got for Herschel and how that turned out but it’s few and far between, nowadays by the time that “all pro” is past his rookie deal he’s making so much that it hurts his value.

• ocalarob says:

What if that all pro #1 draft pick doesn’t play so great in his first couple of years, take Charles Harris……..could we get the first rnder we squandered on him?

it’s a crap shoot, the more dice you roll the better your odds, The beauty is when we trade back we still get a pretty good pick this year and another next year.
      TRADE BACK, ACQUIRE FUTURE CONSIDERATION

That’s one example. Some guys don’t take off and others do. We took a shot at a young QB who was a #10 pick the year prior for a 2nd and a 5th. We’ll know more about what Josh Rosen is this year. But no biggie, we have five 1st round picks and four 2nd round picks the next two drafts as of now. That’s 9 prospects in the top 64 over the next two years. You can’t screw this up!

February 17, 2020 at 5:31 pm
    ______________________________

And the fact that the Pats have been dominating the NFL since 2000 makes their FA’s that much more desirable, little do these teams know that it’s not the players but the dude in the hoodie that makes that team great

look at what we did with new orleans last year, we traded the 48th pick to new orleans for the #62 pick and we have their 2nd rnder #56 this year. how valuable is our #56 pick this year???

so that 48th pick in 2019 netted us the #62 pick in 2019 and the #56 pick in 2020

N.O. got #48 = 420pts
    MIA got #62 = 284…#56=340= 624
    we profit 204 pts by trading back.

i think we also gave them a 4th rnder for a 6th.but that is chump change

It doesn’t work that way, but I did like that trade, when you trade for a future 2nd you have to count it like a current 3rd.

• ocalarob says:

thats exactly what i’m saying, a future 2nd counts as a current third until the future becomes current, then it’s a 2nd!

that’s gaining equity and the beauty of that is your still going to have a decent pick at the present time of the trade, you dont have to trade that far back as we dropped only 14 spots last year to acquire #56 this year.

and we have a multitude of picks to do that

I think we’re going to trade Reshad Jones but eat a portion of his contract like we did this past season with some players – it’s a bad contract because he has been MIA the last two seasons. I don’t think he fits Flores and the long term. But he might help a team in a new setting trying to get over the top. I’d say probably a late or conditional pick.

46. ElephantRider says:

I highly doubt this FO gets in a bidding war. It would undo everything they have been doing.

I don’t remember who asked?
    But here’s a little info

What a Clowney, I’m glad he wasn’t involved in the Tunsil trade.

Glad to hear the talk about us being interested in Herbert. The games I’ve seen him play he hasn’t impressed, but we need some type of diversion. They’re going to pick who they will regardless of what we think, so let take their guy without a trade up.

So wait, does Clowney want a ring or to be the highest paid at his position?

51. bailbondmike says:

This is why I mocked him to us several times. Was hoping he would stay under the radar.

52. bailbondmike says:

Some Tua/Herbert scenario talk. Can’t believe he referenced Armondo. lol

They ain’t stupid. Think it all started with Ross saying he was worried about Tua’s injury history. He put that out in a few short sentences and he don’t get interviewed much. Now someone fed Mando “hey we really like that Herbert kid.” Smoke and mirror season it is.

As Ross should be, but if he is, he isn’t letting it out, that he has concerns about Tua’s health.

Smoke and mirrors, they really want Tua, but want other teams to think they don’t, so they don’t jump us.

Why? These national reporters don’t know shit about individual teams, they just parrot what the beat writers say.

Tua is as close to Mahomes as there is. Is it worth having that talent, if he’s injury prone?

54. dbolt48 says:

Stanger,
    I think there’s a legit interest in Herbert and not just smoke and mirrors. That doesn’t mean I think he’s their preferred choice, but w/ Gailey as OC I wouldn’t eliminate him from being the preferred guy. For the last couple of months Matt Miller has said no team in the league has done as much homework on Herbert as what Miami has.

dbolt — I have no clue whether that interest in Herbert is legit or not. But smart move is to express it no matter what. Great info that Phins are putting in the plane to check him out though.

If you could “hear” an avatar Dbolts would sound like “boying boying”

My subscription to Fanspeak Premium expired so this is a “no trades” draft. Tua came off the board at #3. I think this came out pretty good all said and done.

5: R1P5 QB JUSTIN HERBERT OREGON
    18: R1P18 OT JOSH JONES HOUSTON
    26: R1P26 EDGE JOSH UCHE MICHIGAN
    39: R2P7 C TYLER BIADASZ WISCONSIN
    56: R2P24 RB D’ANDRE SWIFT GEORGIA
    70: R3P6 G JOHN SIMPSON CLEMSON
    142: R4P39 S ANTOINE BROOKS JR. MARYLAND
    162: R5P16 OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON OREGON
    173: R5P27 LB JOE BACHIE MICHIGAN STATE
    185: R6P6 CB KINDLE VILDOR GEORGIA SOUTHERN
    197: R6P18 CB LEVONTA TAYLOR FLORIDA STATE
    202: R6P23 K RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP GEORGIA
    246: R7P32 S JORDAN FULLER OHIO STATE
    251: R7P37 FB KIEL POLLARD SOUTH CAROLINA

Nick Saban should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie son?

Saban swore he wasn’t leaving and then did. But the one that really got me w as that they sent out a memo in Davie telling employees not to make eye contact with him…… who does that?

I personally think he should die of blood loss from Venereal Crabs draining him dry.

Yeah, only complete scum could make that a standing order.

The story of him allegedly ignoring and stepping over the convulsing player to get to his office is just disgusting. Good riddance to that garbage pile of a human being.

Speaking of Son… Anyone heard from ours lately?

No, been a while. I think the last time I spoke to him was the last time I said we haven’t seen him in a while. He’s a busy man

Fuck Saban – POS

February 18, 2020 at 3:14 pm

—-

Diana Ross does it, so did Michael Jackson.

People that think they’re better than you, and those that think their shit don’t stink

Sorry to hear DIana Ross did that. You know how they sing Happy B-day at eating places? 30 years ago was one of 3 servers pulled in to do that for her daughter. Never heard that bad-voiced crew put so much effort into the song. After it was over she was real sweet. She said “thank you so much that was wonderful.” Am sure we were all starring at her after. Know I was…. and she handled it well.

I hate Saban, but I never had a problem with him swearing he wasn’t going to leave.

Not sure you wanted him to do? Did you want him to say, while he was still our coach, yeah I’m leaving? Or give some lame answer, that you could read between the lines?

He really just wanted to be left alone, and the Omar’s of the world wouldn’t leave it alone, day after day they’d keep asking.

It bothered me. I’d rather him have said that he was considering all options or just say he was taking the job. I’d probably hate him either way but at least I wouldn’t hate him for being a liar too.

LMAO @ Stanger! I was thinking a chain like TGIF Fridays.

You weren’t so far off. Was the TGIF days and this place was same concept with better food with better entrees thrown in and twice the price.

Stanger, I’ve only ever been fired once in my life too. Get this, one time my asshole boss fired me for saying “Fuck you asshole, I’m tired of taking shit from you. Go fuck yourself! I quit!”

Can you believe that!?

What is up FUers? I have been off for a couple of weeks what did I miss?

I only got fired once too. I was working in a drug store (No, I didn’t steal drugs!) I was 17 and just got my license. I was the delivery guy once I got my license I was just stocking shelves before that. He complained that I wasn’t going fast enough with my deliveries. I said I’m going as fast I can. he said you have to run up the stairs, don’t wait for elevators, park 10 blocks away and run if you have to. He had this other douchebag that worked there that was my age, I knew the guy, fucking hated him too, and he says sorry bud, you have to do that because you’re the low man on the scrotum pole. I said that’s it, let’s go right now. So we got into a fight right in the middle of the drug store and he fired me. lol

MIke E — I got fired cause didn’t show up for work…. well sort of. Told the manager first interview couldn’t work Thurs nites and Sat lunch cause Rugby practice and games. Schedule comes up 3 months later and I’m listed for Sat lunch. Tell the the guy “hey you remember” and he says “don’t worry will take care of it.” That lunch comes and the owner is managing. Place is crazy slammed and I’m not there. Owner fires me and manager never knew nothing about anything.

Funny part is saw the owner bunch of times over the years and he knew what happened. Not at the time but after that manager crashed and burned bad.

Never fired – yet but the night is young

LOL @ Rock and Mike.

A friend of mine had a job at a little retail store back in the day. The asst. manager told him you have to go into the attic area and start clearing all this crap out and my friend said it was a mess. The guy was telling him in a cocky way and after my friend thought about it for a minute he said no way, go fuck yourself!!! The guy’s jaw dropped because if he couldn’t get someone to do it, he had to. LOL

Never fired, but i have left on a lunch break and never went back. Couple of bosses who were shady as fuck, and they were one time talking about some shit they were doing and i heard just enough of the convo to hear, “and if we get investigated we will destroy the server and blame it on the “computer guy”, and i was the “computer guy” ie sys admin and network admin. I was like fuck this and i quietly kept it together until lunch and then just dipped. I deliberately made no contact forcing them to call me one day and i let it ring enough for the phone start recording and then told them why i left and why i did it why i did and in the process of the ensuing conversation they pretty much confessed to everything, well one of them did. I let them know if they ever tried torpedoing any job i applied for they would not be happy about the retaliation. Never heard from them again.

69. Krishna says:

I was fired once, too. It was for poor aptitude. I asked the person/supervisor what that meant and she had no clue. Seriously!

Another life.

Wouldn’t mind this except for the trade up (which is unlikely to happen, since it’s the Pats). And since they are likely to keep Rosen, something along these lines is possible.

Lol Mike!

Mike’s telling his fired story and says, he had this other douchebag that worked there that was my age…

So you were one employee, and the other one was the other douchbag 🤔

74. bailbondmike says:

Free agent player profile Safety Justin Simmons. Though don’t see us signing a safety in free agency.

75. bailbondmike says:

Not going to post the article cause they are just talking about updates to their website but they list their most recent stock up/down adjustments they made to their big board.

Stock Up:
    •Jalen Reagor, WR (35th overall)
    •Cameron Dantzler, CB (50th overall)
    •Alohi Gilman, S (75th overall)
    •Adam Trautman, TE (85th overall)
    •Jeremy Chinn, S (98th overall)
    •Devin Asiasi, TE (140th overall)
    •Harrison Hand, CB (156th overall)

Stock Down:
    •Jordan Love, QB (31st overall)
    •Jacob Eason, QB (48th overall)
    •Anfernee Jennings, LB/EDGE (150th overall)
    •Nate Stanley, QB (207th overall)
    •Reggie Floyd, S (286th overall)

Not sure what the deal is with anfernee Jennings, but he looked pretty good to me in games

If we can get him in the 5th round, I would be very happy

76. bailbondmike says:

I think I would be interested in Byron Jones and Bradberry from this list but strange they list an often injured CB at the bottom and none of the Vikings CB’s are listed. Maybe they only did half their homework.

77. bailbondmike says:

Gotta suck being a F/A WR with this up coming WR draft class.

Dolphins are Flipping stones. Big physical blocking tight end. Only has 13 receptions in his career.

He has 11 1/2 inch hands. Another half inch he’d have four feet

“fourth-round pick in 2017” — right age at least. And was drafted there for a reason. Let’s hope gets healthy.

• dbolt48 says:

Was definitely an interesting player coming out of Toledo who ai had hoped Miami would try to draft and develop. He was a really big & good red zone player. As a pro the only game I watched and paid attention to him was against us in 2018, which turned out to be his best as a pro😂

The Pats traded for him in 2018 but the deal was negated due to his shoulder injury.

I keep seeing smoke about teams trading up to Detroit at #3 to take Tua or even Detroit taking him there. I will be holding my breath that we don’t take him like I held my breath when Rosen was going to fall to us. When Ari traded up to take him I sighed in relief. I will feel the same if Tua gets taken before 5. He is too fragile

“In 2018, Tagovailoa kicked off his year with a broken finger in March during spring training, he suffered a knee injury in October. It was minor and he still played but he would miss time a month later when he suffered a quad injury. He returned a week later but in December he suffered his ankle injury. He needed a medical procedure but would return for the playoffs.

In 2019, Tagovailoa suffered his 2nd ankle injury and had another procedure done, then came the hip injury.”

Just shut off the Democratic debate. What a bunch of maroons!!

On top of the proposal to add a 17th regular season game, the NFL is looking at adding a 7th playoff team for each conference. Only one team would get a 1st rd bye, and it would basically add one playoff game per conference.

I don’t mind the idea of an extra playoff game, but I dislike 14 out of 32 teams making the playoffs, nearly half the league. I hope they don’t make this change.

I heard they were looking to move to 18 regular season games and no preseason games or something like that. Teams will get their game situation work in with more training camp scrimmages against other teams. The reason being is that not many starting caliber players even play in the PS games nor do they want to.

So the combine starts this Sunday?

we get Todd Gurley and his 22 million contract we also get the Rams 2nd rnd pick and give them our 4th…

would you guys do that?

• pheloniusphish says:

Rams would have to pay part of that salary or drop the pick in return.

• ocalarob says:

I don’t think they will be willing to take on any part of his salary as that’s why they are dumping him.

the Rams are giving us a 2nd rnd pick to take Gurley and his contract, we have to give them a 4th.

the thing is we have the cap space and i think Gurley can contribute and be our #1 RB.

i think Harris and charlton are gone, we may get someone in FA and draft a couple of edge rushers.
    that is a huge weakness on this team for sure, we were dead last in sacks with only 23, the next 3 teams were tied at 27 .

I think this limited Godchow and wilkins because they may have been the opposing offensive scheme to stop them. due to the lack of talent at the edge.

• pheloniusphish says:

I think Taco showed enough potential last season to stick, but agree there’s no obvious reason to keep Harris. Harris may get one more shot at camp. He has no trade value.

Taco’s making $1.8M this year, no reason to cut him now. If he doesn’t make the team once we fill out our roster from FA and the draft then so be it.

• dbolt48 says:

I have a feeling he’ll be gone as he seemed to get back to his grumbling about not playing, although much more low key than when he did it in Dallas.

He was benched at the end of the year a couple of games, but if they wanted to cut him, they could have done it then. They may as well bring him to camp and see what happens.

It’s hard to rush the passer when you have no help and can’t stop the rush, and in general on a bad team it’s hard to get motivated every game, especially at the end.

Bring him back, it’s not like we’re going to be loaded at DE next year.

Not sure what Harris’ contract is, but it can’t be that much, so he may stick for that reason.

$1.9M. Definitely not a killer, unless you think he’s just dead weight. Supposedly the effort has been there, which makes how bad he’s been even more confusing.

Some guys just take longer. He seems to show flashes and doesn’t seem to be a liability, but the stats aren’t there. He could also be the product of a bad D. It’s hard to get sacks when your opponent doesn’t have to throw, so no pinning your ears back.

Doesn’t really matter what we think, but I do think he’ll need to pick it up in preseason.

YUCK!!!! I would hate this. Money poorly spent if you ask me, unless he signs a team friendly deal, which I doubt.

I tend to agree, but it would be nice to have a threat back there and still have the draft pick.

1st rd – QB, DE, OL
      2nd rd – OL, DE/DT
      3rd rd – OL

I think the outside rush or the lack of is killing our inside DL, that’s why we’re getting gashed in the run game. opposing DLs don’t have to worry about our edge guys and can direct more help to our interior.
    we need to get an edge rusher in FA and draft a couple.

maybe a Dante Fowler?????

I agree, but I also think the low level of talent brought the entire D down, as far as level of play for each unit. I tend to agree with your secondary can make your front seven better and vice versa, but also the opposites…a bad secondary…

Steve – Gordon’s value according to spotrac.com is $11.7M annually. That’s a terrible investment.

Not sure he’ll get that, nor do I think we’ll pay anything close, so if we get him I’m thinking $8M. Would you do that?

I wouldn’t because I’d rather draft RB’s. He’s only played one full 16 game season and he only averaged more than 4 YPC once. He does find the end zone, both as a rusher and receiver, and he is a good receiver out of the backfield, but we can get that production from a 2nd RD pick, or much better possibly if we get Swift in the 1st RD

91. dbolt48 says:

Steve,
    In regards to Taco he’s not an elite rusher and he couldn’t handle his run assignments which is why he was inactive. He started to grumble a little bit towards the end of the year about no playing time. I think once they get bodies in place Flores will rid the roster of him as he has shown a lack of tolerance for those who grumble and don’t do their jobs.

Fair enough and good analysis, and for the record I didn’t like him when I looked at him at draft time, but my point was, until we have a replacement, which I don’t expect this year, we should keep him.

ORob, as of right now we don’t have a 4th rd pick to give the Rams in a Gurley deal.

I thought Charlton played pretty well for us. Lead the team in sacks with 5 and was pretty active. I see him getting a chance to compete for a roster spot.

Mike, so maybe the prospects report on the 23rd at the combine. I saw the start date say Feb. 23 – March 2nd.

Aiight OD, may you be hit with a golden shower tonight😁

Interesting interview of Joe Burrow. Basically Burrow doesn’t want to go to Cincy and wants to come to Miami. He didn’t specifically say that but it was pretty clear that is what he thought

It was Dan Patrick who interviewed him

There is a buzz about what the Dolphins are doing and Flores has impressed a lot of people in NFL circles. That and Stephen Ross is not cheap like Mike Brown in Cincy.

I’m not sure if we’re all in for Burrow like the Giants were with Eli, but if he’s your guy you go get him. We have the draft capital to do it and still have a solid draft the next two years. We can trade two additional 1st round picks along with our #5, one this year and one next year and still have a 1st round pick this year and next. We also have two 2nd round picks in both 2020 and 2021. Then we have the cap space to upgrade this team in FA. That’s what all this draft capital allows you to do.

I’m open to how this team wants to build it, not the media or fans. Having a boatload of draft picks does not always change the fortunes for a franchise but special players do.

It should be fun folks!!! 🙂

You glad the Bengals questions are over?
    Yeah, (Laughs)

Ken – I just watched the interview. I didn’t come away thinking he doesn’t want to play for the Bengals and I definitely didn’t see it that he wants to come to play for Miami. He just acknowledged that they have a few 1st RD picks. Just my take

We’ll know more about the buzz during the combine. That’s when rumors and stories start becoming more consistent because the NFL is with all the prospects.

The attitude was completely different when asked about Miami as opposed to Cincinnati.

February 20, 2020 at 3:58 pm
    _______________________________________________

Dont we get a compensatory 4th rnder for Juwaun James???

101. dbolt48 says:

In regards to what Ken is getting at, when Ive listened to Dan Patrick even after the interview he’s subtly pushed the Burrow wanting Miami thing. I have a feeling something was said by Burrow off the record post interview.

Sherman and Watt oppose the proposed 17 game schedule. Without knowing the specifics of how the money is divided to the players I just used some general assumptions.

The NFL is offering 48.5% up from the current 47%. Based on a 192M cap number (players 47%) I divided it by 16, then multiplied by 17, then figured the new total and took 48.5% to get the new cap figure of 210.5M. The player increase is 18.5M or 350K per player. The only players that would benefit now are those that get new contracts or the league could add 350K onto each contract or just call it a bonus or use the increase percent based on your percent of the salary cap.

Easy to see why some vets don’t want the extra game, the money is insignificant. Guys on minimum contracts would be getting a substantial increase, if the 350K bonus was applied, more than a 50% increase.

These players will likely realize it isn’t worth it and the NFL will try to use it against them in collective bargaining talks.

This is a case where the little guys need to speak up. They probably won’t mind getting some extra scratch for 1 more game

I watched that interview

And wow Ken….that is some serious wishful thinking

He doesn’t even come close to saying he doesn’t want to play for the bengals
    And he didn’t say anything special about the Dolphins

That Interview is in Miami Btw
    He’s not going to say screw the Dolphins in Miami

I’m pretty sure he’s going to be happy to go 1 overall

Piggy,
    nothing to see here
    I think Ken was just
    nothing to see here
    reading between the lines

What at the bungles doing with the Red Rocket? (I always laugh at that)

105. bailbondmike says:

From article posted by Trypod. Kind of seems like even Tua feels it would be better for him to sit out this season. I’m not liking it.

“Honestly, I just want to be able play again. I wouldn’t mind learning under whatever guy that’s the starter. Give me a whole year to rest up and then go back out and compete, but I just want to go back out and play.”

106. bailbondmike says:

If we were to trade up for Burrow, I would try to package some players like Rosen, Harris, Ballage and Jones with picks to soften the blow on our draft picks. With our cap, we could even agree to pay some of their salaries to make it more doable for the Bengals.

107. bailbondmike says:

Many of you are talking about Yannick Ngakoue. He seems to actually be the best available. How much would you pay him?

Here you go Mike!

109. bailbondmike says:

I traded #5 and one next years first round picks for #1 overall. I know it will take more than that.

Round 1 Pick 1 (CINN): Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)
    Round 1 Pick 18: KLavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (B)
    Round 1 Pick 26: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 7: DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 24: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Lloyd Cushenberry III, C/OG, LSU (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 39 (COMP): Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (A)
    Round 5 Pick 16: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 6: Shaquille Quarterman, ILB/OLB, Miami (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 18: Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 32: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Tyler Higby, OG, Michigan State (A-)

Nobody is going to notice right?

Because it’s fun Tim
    Schrödinger’s Draft say’s it isn’t impossible until it doesn’t happen…. (Bending that a lot, LOL)

112. rich0322 says:

Yes at this point it’s wishful thinking getting Burrows, but sometimes saying nothing is saying a lot. He could just come out and say I want to go number 1 and will be happy to play for Cincinnati, but instead he talks about having some kind of leverage. Miami gets brought up because of all the draft picks and the rumor that Ross wants Burrows. It’s just trying to put 2 and 2 together at this point, nothing more.

Trust me, no one wants Burrows more than me. I first mentioned wanting him on here back in September, well before he was in the 1st round mock drafts. But I know it will probably not happen.

• rich0322 says:

Now the question should be if Cincinnati would make a trade and what would it take.

If you are the Bengals would you give up the #1 pick for the #5 and #18 this year, and a 1st round pick next year. Plus, if we were to do that Gurley trade you could throw that 2nd round pick in too. …so 3 1st rounders and a second rounder for the #1 pick, because this is around what it would probably take. Would Cincy do that, I don’t know. …But drafting Herbert at #5 and then having 2 more #1s and a 2nd rounder wouldn’t be that bad of a trade.

I think the only way Cincy makes that trade is if Burrow and his father a former QB and coach say they want no part of Cincy. Being from Ohio they know very well that Mike Brown is stingy. It would have to be an Eli Manning type of deal. If Miami is that interested in Burrow they can make that deal you presented and still have quality drafts in 2020 and 2021.

113. dbolt48 says:

1st mock I’ve done on first pick this year:

Your score is: 34010 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A)
    Round 1 Pick 18: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (B)
    Round 1 Pick 26: KLavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 7: Anfernee Jennings, OLB/DE, Alabama (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 24: Ashtyn Davis, FS/SS, California (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Darryl Williams, C/OG, Mississippi State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 39 (COMP): AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 16: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 6: Damon Hayes, CB, Rutgers (B)
    Round 6 Pick 18: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 32: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Lamical Perine, RB, Florida (A+)

114. dbolt48 says:

Saw this on Twitter

Per Matt Miller:

“Im told by many evaluators connected to the Dolphins that GM Chris Grier will want to keep pick 18 to land an offensive tackle. Said one scout, ‘Dont be surprised if they ultimately move up from 5 and 18 to get Tua and a tackle’. “

I don’t like reports like this “Im told by many evaluators connected to the Dolphins”. So which birds are chirping. Sounds more like Matt Miller’s idea and trying to sell it as valid. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me if we target specific prospects in that way. We’re going to add good players in FA so people get nuts about trading draft picks but the draft is a commodity business. Teams rarely if ever have 1st round grades on 32 players.

• dbolt48 says:

Just makes you wonder how Miami views their capital and are they thinking 5yrs down the line. Is it more desirable to try and land two top shelf talents that you’ll have to re-sign or 3 really good talents which if they all pan out you probably can’t afford. Always an interesting dilemma….I’m on select a player w/ every pick as it increases you chances of hitting, but I know sometimes you have to take risks to get over the hump.

We should be able to get a tackle at 18

dbolt, I don’t agree with thinking 5 years down the road. Yes a QB you believe in for a decade if you’re lucky. I think Flores wants his team to win every week. That’s why the tank for Tua and all that nonsense became comical as we won 5 of the last 9 games, lol. A winning culture is more important than one prospect.

The Dolphins will not be fun for opponents in 2020. I see that coming. We put the league on notice winning in NE last game of the year. We haven’t done that since 2008 when Sparano (RIP) unleashed the Wildcat and caught them off guard. 11 years later.

I really think we’re headed for championship caliber football. I don’t know exactly how we’ll do it, but Chris Grier along with Flores orchestrated a great plan to get it started. Massive draft capital and cap space in one year. We are players in everything!

dbolt, 5 years is not feasible in an NFL system that allows change in 1-2 years.

• dbolt48 says:

What I’m getting at is they might be more willing to part w/ more draft capital than usual as the cost ramifications will be less later on. Definitely agree that Grier & Flores put Miami in a good position. They’ve set it up where they can really build FA contracts to fit the future and how they project the 2nd contracts for this years rookie class. I believe Grier and Flores will be smart and not put the team in the Bind that the Rams are currently in.

I don’t know how much of an impact it will have because this is the first year, but interesting nonetheless . . .

118. TOP SECRET says:

my “pre-FA signings” TOP 5 draft picks are as follow:
    pick #5….LB/S Isaiah Simmons
    pick #18…DE Yetur Gross-Matos
    pick #26…OT Josh Jones
    pick #39…RB Jonathon Taylor
    pick #56…OL Lloyd Cushenberry III

this will probably change a little bit before draft day, but I would be extremely happy with these prospects. let’s see what the front office thinks first. 🙂

119. TOP SECRET says:

BBMIke…….I’m using CBS 2020 NFL draft prospect rankings as my source, so I try to stay within their rankings range.

February 21, 2020 at 4:59 pm
    It’s fun to do a draft that you already know won’t happen that way? Okay have fun then. LOL

Yeah I guess so because frankly I know that every single draft that has been posted on here is not going to happen at least not exactly as it is posted. You don’t control with the other team except it doesn’t except with these programs so yeah it’s fun. And thank you for giving your permission by the way

Teams rarely if ever have 1st round grades on 32 players.

Very true. You also have to weigh what the individual front offices feel is the importance of a specific position. Who is more valuable to a team the best punter to have ever played the game or the 12th best quarterback in the league? Is the best two down inside linebacker in the draft worth more than the third best safety?

122. bailbondmike says:

This is a feel good story but kind of long about Khalil Davis and his twin brother. He is a DT that I like in round 5. He is very quick off the snap. Reminds me of Kinlaw but not as good but think he would fit as a 3-4 DE/DT.

I think he may be a little under the radar/underrated.
    Thedraftnetwork says:
    “Violence and quickness are the calling cards of his game. A true one-gap penetrator who knifes through the LOS with an explosive first step, leading to many early wins for the senior defensive tackle. Throws haymakers with his heavy hands to deconstruct blocks and keep himself free at the point of attack. Plays with natural leverage, balance, and impressive bend. Ultra productive and consistent as a pass rusher in his senior year.”

Only cons in his game are if he doesn’t win off the snap he can get washed in the run game and could be limited as a 3-tech DL.

Top – Thanks bud!

Ken – Me too, Bat is always entertaining

Who’s in favor of an 18 week 17 game season with one less preseason game, there will be 6 playoff games on wildcard weekend and only 2 bye teams, the move will create an extra 5 billion annually for the NFL, the players share of the proceeds will increase from 47% of the revenue to 48.5%.
    it will also add 2 more playoff teams

126. bailbondmike says:

Medical red flags to look for at combine and to think about. Some of these players are blog favorites. Some injury info I did not know about.

127. bailbondmike says:

Ok, I wasn’t going to bore you guys with it but it’s slow. I did my own pre-combine draft board this past week for the first time ever. Yes, I got the flu and was bored. I did a top 10 for basically each position. Watched some tape on players I did not know much about. Some positions were tough to come up with a top 10 like TE. So I am fixin’ to blow y’all the F up with some posts. LOL

128. bailbondmike says:

Kyle Dugger
    Jeremy Chinn
    J.R. Reed
    Brandon Jones
    Julian Blackmon
    Antione Brooks, Jr.

BBM – The new CBA increases the game day roster to 55 and the practice squad to 12. Plus teams can have an emergency O-lineman.

You guys ever talk to your male elders where they might be 70+ and they say noticing beautiful women and the thoughts that come with it never changes? I have and it’s actually comical. LOL

It makes me laugh. It starts whenever, I loved beautiful looking girls when I was still single digits, never had relations but the attraction was there. Baker Mayfield is 24. Anyone remember that age? The problem is he’s married. Not cool! Don’t get married if that’s what you want to do.

The Browns are a franchise of distractions. It’s crazy how they can’t find themselves. Their fans don’t deserve this.

• Phindog says:

Watching the video you absolutely don’t downgrade to risk it all. Unless his wife had the same wedding cake most of our wives had that don’t let them do what wanted us to merry them in the first place 😎👍🥃🥃🐕

141. Phindog says:

For Son.

BBM – Thanks for all the ratings man, that’s good stuff! You should make an article out of it, I’d be happy to put it up

• bailbondmike says:

Thanks MikeE! I think others opinions vary a little on here but there seems to be a consensus on here and many professional draft boards of who the top players are at each position (for the most part). It’s a good idea to make an article about it but would rather do it after combine and pro days as that could change my/our minds on some players. Do it like a week before the draft. Get past the combine, pro days and see who we sign in free agency. Beginning in April we can post positions one at a time and have anyone who wants to participate list their top 10 at that position, leave it going for 2 days, then do it again for another position and so on. I can put everyone’s rankings in a spreadsheet and come up with a consenus blog top 10. Once we are done, we can do an article the week before the draft posting our big board. We will know who we signed in F/A and what our current needs are so while we are at home drinking beer during the draft we can try and guess who we will draft off our big board based on our needs.

Saw an interesting article and it also gives options for the Burrow to Miami crowd or people that think this draft has great talent later in the 1st.

It talks about Miami having the option of getting a fourth 1st rounder if they wanted in exchange for picks #39, 56, and 70 while getting back a 2012 3rd rounder. What are some thoughts on this?

144. bailbondmike says:

Free agent profile – CB Byron Jones. Man, this guy thinks he could be the top paid corner in the league. I’m not sure about that. Like he says, he is a very good and versatile cover corner but zero INT’s the last 2 seasons.

145. bailbondmike says:

Will do MikeE., I think it is best to wait until April cause, with his injury history, if Tua strains his nut sack throwing at his pro day, he is dropping on my board. LOL

146. bailbondmike says:

Did someone already post this? Can’t remember.

Following five seasons as a wide receivers coach for the Jets and Dolphins, Karl Dorrell is heading back to the college ranks as the newest head coach at the University of Colorado, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Saturday.

147. bailbondmike says:

Chicago released wide receiver Taylor Gabriel and cornerback Prince Amukamara.

Tim – Definitely an offer he had to take. Just sucks we keep losing assistants. Good thing is, we haven’t built anything yet so whomever they hire is still getting on at the ground floor of the team build which is a good thing.

Mando doing what he does best. SMH

Armando Salguero

@ArmandoSalguero
    · 23h
    Replying to @ArmandoSalguero

Remember the staff Brian Flores hired one year ago?

The OC was fired.
    The DC wanted to leave, was allowed to go.
    The OL coach was fired. The next OL coach not retained.
    The asst. HC got ill and left. The new asst. HC is leaving.
    The safeties coach was fired.
    The asst. QB left.

MikeE @NJ1Dolfan

Numerous coaches and assistants left the NE Patriots. No negative spin on that. Numerous staffers were either fired or quit the Trump administration, and he’s going to win again next election. Don’t sweat it Mando

I came across an article today by Phin Phinatic rehashing us not drafting Drew Brees in 2001 and how Chan Gailey wasn’t a fan due to his lack of size, and how that might affect us drafting Tua. As if it was destined that we draft Drew Brees even though all 32 teams passed on him in the 1st round. It’s getting real old, let it go already!

I also don’t believe Gailey will have a big say on who we draft under this regime.

First real blunder I’ve seen in the XFL, but the score is 33-3, so…

Guy picks off a pass runs it back 60 yards, Cardale, who threw the int, takes out a blockers legs and gets called for a penalty, while the run back was happening, then after the play there was a late hit out of bounds on the int team.

They called it offsetting and moved the ball back to the 6 where the int took place, a d no one seemed to have a problem with it.

Don’t know if anyone has posted anything on this kid, but an interesting Safety prospect. Steve Atwater’s nephew.

Watched game tape of Tua and Herbert yesterday. Tua doesn’t seem to have that big arm, but he can throw it on a rope in tight spaces and he gets rid of it quick. Herbert in comparison does have a bigger arm, but plays slow and somewhat mechanical, I just don’t see it with him.

Tua all day over Herbert, but I won’t bitch, if we take Herbert.

I happen to like them both a lot

but yeah – they are much different from each other

I think Herbert needs a good overall system, and every QB needs that to some degree, but Tua can maybe excel without so much talent/coaching around him provided he can avoid getting hit. With that said, ideally we have a ton of talent all over the place anyway

Not surprised. Doing their due diligence to get things in place so during the draft you already had these discussions and it doesn’t have to get done in 10 minutes or the day of the draft.

Walking pretty well!

159. bailbondmike says:

Phelon, I have mentioned Jeremy Chinn for a while. I believe I got him in my top 5 or at least top 6 for safety.

Happy Birthday Coach Flo!!

At the end of the day after FA and then the draft, look at the roster and what they’re doing to build this team. Everyone including the media and fans are stretching themselves out all over the place because of all the cap space and draft capital we have. Pre-FA/Draft and Post-FA/Draft evaluations do not matter. The product on the field is all that matters. We should all just enjoy that this team will continue to be very different than the teams in the recent past and beyond were. We can’t predict results, but it won’t be the same personnel and coaching.

Enjoy the new day! 🙂

LOL! OMG, please move up and draft him.

LOL, I’ve seen like 20 articles talking about his hand size, including a couple titled “Will the Bengals move on from drafting Burrows because of tiny hands?” (paraphrasing).

I honestly feel embarrassed for these media people and the way they do their work. If I was as bad at my job as 95% of these people are, I’d be on a street corner begging for change to buy my Mad Dog and drink my cares away, LMAO.

• pheloniusphish says:

That’s some funny shit. I’m with Rock…move up and draft him.

So, I’ve been wondering. When Flores left NE, did he stop by the secret vault where Belicheat kept all the incriminating photos and recordings of all the GMs and Owners in the league that allowed Belicheat to extract such incredibly one sided trades from teams over the years and made some copies?

That’s how I feel about it and that’s why I don’t buy it

But people who buy it can sell other things or buy other things to other people who value crypto coin

So it has value. I just think it’s limited

The market is exclusive to other people who are into it

The irs also calls it taxabale income
      So when you make crypto off it or receive crypto in esxchange for anything
      You owe real $ back to the govt

Nope, it for me

What did Miami trade to move up to # 1 for Barrow? Their #26 (and the negatives to the film of Cincy’s owner at the rub and tug)

167. bailbondmike says:

Here is one of those smallish RB’s the Pat’s always seem to like. He will probably be the fastest RB at the combine and possibly be top 5 fastest overall. He is also a returner. Should be available late in draft.

Joe Burrows hands are small, size matters,

at least that’s what my ex wife said.

Tua Tagovailoa