Miami Dolphins 2020 Schedule

So the schedule is out, and as per usghe, speculation and wild predictions ensue. I’ll be perfectly honest, I have no idea what in the heck to expect from this season, and not just from a Dolphins perspective. Rookies are learning from video chats rather than person to person instruction. As far as that’s concerned, I believe these kids should be fine in that regard, this is how they live their lives, this will not be shocking or difficult for them, they will learn just fine this way. The difficult part will be not physically practicing, because camps won’t open until it’s deemed safe enough for ALL of the 32 teams to be able to open, which is completely fair. This is a league built on parity after all.

This year one of the schedule highlights is playing against the NFC West. That is a rough division, headlined by the SB runner-ups, the SF 49ers. Every team in that division brings a different but similar challenge. The 49ers and Rams are built very much alike, strong defense, and run the ball effectively, don’t ask to much from your QB. The Seahawks have Russell Wilson and despite what plan they have, they always seem to lean on Wilson too much, even with their multi-headed RB attack, which by the way is again similar to the 49ers. The Arizona Cardinals bring a unique challenge with QB Kyler Murray, who is a true dual threat QB. The Cardinals acquired All Pro WR DeAndre Hopkins from the Texans and in the draft, snagged LB Isaiah Simmons, two players who should have a huge impact on their team.

Of course we play our division twice each, and while the Patriots look ready to fall off, you can never count out Bill Belichick, even without Tom Brady. Who knows, maybe Stidham is ready to run that offense more effectively than the nearly 43 YO Brady. The Jets and Bills are both improving and will be looked at to challenge for the AFC East crown. Will we be there with them or they will they be chasing us, or will we once again fail to even hit the .500 mark? I love what we accomplished in free agency with Van Noy, Ogbah, Lawson, Roberts, and our entire draft haul, which was quite good, that’s a whole lot of new pieces moving together. We did what we had to do to fill spots but unfortunately COVID-19 is going to hamper us because we do have so many new people, far more than any other team in our division and likely the entire NFL. We just Chip Foose’d our roster, Overhauled it! With a minimal amount of practice that our players will probably have, that’s unfortunately a huge disadvantage compared to a team that possibly added 3-4 new starters. We could have potentially 10 new starters (Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Hunt, Howard, Lawson, Van Noy, Ogbah, Jones, Igbinoghene, Ferguson), plus add in a big mix of rotation guys that are new as well. If you compare that to a team that has the same moving parts except for a very small few, you have to give them a leg up at least early on in the season due to familiarity.

All I know is, whatever form and whatever length, whether it’s a shortened 14 game season or a full 16 game season, I have never looked forward to watching this team as much as I do this season. I think there might be some growing pains, but I expect a steady improvement as the season moves on. It’s going to be exciting folks, whether Tua starts or not. You all know I don’t think we should rush Tua in, but whatever they decide I’m in 100%. I’m just being cautious, and we have a good situation with Fitzpatrick to be cautious. On the other hand, if there’s not one medical reason to keep Tua off the field and he shows he’s better than Fitz for our team from the get-go, than I’m down! No matter what, there’s a whole lotta guys I’m aching to see in action this season!

GO DOLPHINS!!

#staythecourse

1,605 Responses to Miami Dolphins 2020 Schedule

If Fitzpatrick has to shave to wear a fococta mask that could spell doom for him. Strange times.

Trade Rosen before he becomes a distraction. We had a backup last year for a throw away pick. He served his purpose now unload him.

Anybody want to play this game? It’s a fun exercise/experiment to see what people think of other teams (not to mention their own). Don’t think long (hit pause if you must after the team’s logo is shown), and think FAST.

I’m posting my picks below, so don’t look at mine before you make your own picks

My picks…

1- Patsies*: Tom Lady*
        2- Phins: Dan Marino
        3- stej: Joe Nameth
        4- Ravens: Ozzie Newsome
        5- Stealers*: The Rooney’s
        6- Colts: Peyton Manning
        7- Chiefs: Priest Holmes (what?!)
        8- Broncos: John Elway
        9- Raiders: Bo Jackson (what?! Al Davis a close 2nd)
        10- Cowboys: Emmitt Smith
        11- Eagles: Ron Jaworski
        12- Giants: Phil Simms
        13- Bears: Walter Payton
        14- Saints: Tom Dempsey
        15- 49ers: Joe Montana
        16- Seahawks: Steve Largent
        17- Packers: Brett Favre

And for the teams not mentioned…

18- Bills: Jim Kelly (OJ a close 2nd)
        19- Browns: Jim Brown
        20- Bengals: Ken Anderson
        21- Titans: Steve McNair
        22- Jaguars: Fred Taylor
        23- Chargers: Phil Rivers
        24- Texans: Arian Foster
        25- Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald
        26- Falcons: Deion Sanders (what?)
        27- Panthers: Julius Peppers
        28- Lions: Barry Sanders
        29- Rams: Eric Dickerson
        30- Vikings: Randy Moss
        31- Buccaneers: Derrick Brooks
        32- Redskins: Joe Theismann

Tim – Not necessarily broken, but mending would be the word I would use. He’s not damaged beyond repair but he may still be healing. There’s no rush to get him out there on the field to start, especially when the incumbent QB who enjoyed success the 2nd half of last season is here. If it’s factual that he’s as healed as he can be, and there is no reason to keep him from starting immediately then it will be a QB battle. May the best QB win

???????

Ok, thanks.

I’ll order 4 live chickens, 2 dozen brown eggs, and one trough of milk, make that chocolate milk. A bale of hay, and some strawberries.

What are they selling and how’s the price?

Wyo – Great link! Thanks brother!

Oh, it’s a yous guys thing.

Steve – A lot of the farms near me are out of stock on many of their meat products. I think the prices are high, certainly higher than the Supermarkets, I usually go to Wegmans which is a great market. Not sure if you have those in Vegas.

Everything seems back to normal here in the grocery stores. Mostly the shelves are stocked like before. I shop Walmart, Smith’s/Kroeger, Costco, Albertson’s, Trader Joe’s, and Winco. Each store has it’s own particular specialty.

I haven’t really bought much the past couple of months though. Had mostly a full freezer mid March, been eating what I had.

Bars Open TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

Nothing moving here at the speed of light. They’re so worried about social distancing, but don’t come close to seeing if the current social distancing is working.

• bookman11 says:

Wyo,

They opened a few days ago here. First sign of things getting back to normal for me..LOL, but then again, I DO live in Wisconsin.

What’s in the news today for Fins, just Rosen trade talk?

How valuable are OTAs compared to online meetings?

I don’t know the restrictions on the amount of meetings and doubt there are any, but Fins have mentioned they try to keep the number of people in each meeting to a minimum.

I’d think that you actually could benefit from this offseason, if done right. I mean during the OTAs, they walk through the plays for minimal amounts of time, then tell them to study the playbook on their own. This way, instead of wondering, if these guys are actually going over the playbook, the coaches do it with them.

Depending on the individual, at least some new guys have to find this easier to learn from.

The U75s just assume this is going to be a harder offseason for rookies to get acclimated, but they really don’t look at the possibilities, they seem more concerned with writing articles about Rosen being traded.

Besides the speed of the game, what’s the next biggest issue for most rookies? One of them is the playbook/terminology, which favors online meetings, because of the non restrictive amount of time they can do them.

How ’bout an editorial type of an article, where they come up with ideas, you know think a little, instead of just rewriting the same shit everyone else is sending out there.

My car needs service. Battery dead among other things (tried it after 3 weeks and a no go). Try to set up and no service option. They used to send me 3 e-mails a week about this and that….. would’ve been nice if they sent one letting me know that.

And dealership is part of a chain of like 6 or so. And they have been redoing the old showroom into an Austin Martin/ Bentley place for a while. So if sound cold is with that in mind.

You gotta drive your car often or you’re looking for trouble.

• bookman11 says:

Stanger,
      Buy yourself a small battery charger, they usually have a jump start option on them, and are fairly inexpensive. Get the car started and take it to Oreillys or somewhere, if auto parts stores are open, and dealer service areas are not,and they can test the battery,

Thanks — I didn’t tell the whole story. My building has this cart jump start thing. Am hoping that works. If not then might be in trouble…… cause not even sure a tow truck could get get inside the gate. Maybe a flat bed could though.

Also have a place to bring it. Car is a 2010 Infiniti so called the local Nissan place. They said hell yeah we can service your car, but you are like the 100th person to ask about that. We’re real busy cause all you Infiniti guys are jumping in. My car is just a Maxima with a couple bells and whistles. 🙂

13. bailbondmike says:

NFL owners to vote on 4th and 15 rule which is an option teams can choose in lieu of an onside kick if they are behind in a game. A team kicking off can have the ball placed on their 25 yard line and given a 4th and 15. The rule doesn’t eliminate the onside kick but gives another option.

I don’t like it, it gives the officiating crew another way to manipulate a game. PI or D holding could almost be called on every pass play. Think of how we were cheated out of the 2nd jets game. It’s really hard to cheat an inside kick.

14. bailbondmike says:

D, we talked a while back about speedy receivers to replace Wilson next draft. I forgot about one. the kid from auburn, Anthony Schwartz. He has not had much in production but is one to keep an eye on this season. “The Schwartz” is with him cause his 100 meter time is just over a HALF SECOND faster than Henry Ruggs III who ran a 4.27 at the combine. He has posted 4 of the top 10 fastest 100 meter times American high school track history for the entire country.

Bookman – I’m thinking about getting one of those jump starters. Better than carrying cables around and then finding no one wants to stop and give you a jump. Plus, you can be a U75 like me and not worry about getting the cables in the right order.

When I lived in DC was walking around with cables in hand trying to flag people down to get a jump. Ten people just drove slowly right past me (and oh yes they looked the other way). Thanks to the 11th person. But this wasn’t the mean streets….. it was the frick’n parking garage in my building. You had to have the passcode to get in….and I’m in a suit

I remember on my 2nd date with Dana we got stuck in Manhattan, I had a 1986 Mitsubishi Starion, that thing had a shitty alternator from the day I got it. They replaced it a couple of times, but they were always rebuilt parts. Anyway, similar story to yours, a whole lotta cars passed me by, one guy rolls down his window and he says I don’t have cables, so I tell him I have, and he rolls up his window and drives away. Took a Brooklyn guy to give me a jump.

So i was watching a movie, “Contagion” and they go into the science behind epidemiology of viruses.The cool thing is i learned a good bit about that stuff even though its sourced from a movie i did check that science online.

So here are the good and bad things about Cornovirus. First,it has a mortality rate of about 5-6% currently worldwide. US average is closer but still over 5. The Swine Flu in 2009 by example had a mortality rate of .02%. Spanish Flu in 1918-1919 was 10%, but a lot of the large numbers can account for the time period, and lack of quality medical care and much poorer living conditions.

That leads me to the next factor which is what is called the R0 factor, which is the reproductive rate of the virus. The long and short of it is how fast it spreads and if you have a R0 value of 2, then for every person infected, they will likely spread it to 2 people. Coronavirus has an estimated R0 value of 5.7. This is mostly due to the fact that the coronavirus can live outside the body on a surface for upwards of 12-14 hours, lending itself to one person’s potential spread to multiple people. Compared to a few others, Swine Flu was about 2, seasonal flu is about 1, Polio 6, measles about 15.

The other things that worry some, and why i really hate they opened things back up, is that generally these types of viruses have a 2nd wave, so most likely we are going to be going back to a quarantine situation again when it hits that second wave, or maybe by then we might have a vaccine to help prevent the spreading. The R0 value tends to get drop as the virus eventually has things like protective measure, etc put in place because we limit the spread by being cautions, which again means, no matter how “open” we are, we shouldn’t be being stupid. Treat it like the eye of a hurricane and even though it seems nice back outside, dont do it, just ride this shit out and do the stuff the CDC says to do.

BTW i got most this info from their website, and there was a line in there that flat out says, “Our results suggest that a combination of control measures including early and active surveillance, quarantine and especially strong social distancing efforts are needed to slow the virus. If these measures aren’t implemented early and strongly, the virus has a chance to spread rapidly and infect a large percentage of the population”. We missed the early mark, so i dont see why we are so strongly pushing to get back out there until this shit way more under control.

bailbondmike says:
    May 22, 2020 at 2:41 pm

————————————————————-
    They guy Bama has replacing Ruggs in that role is Jaylen Waddle and he is faster than Ruggs as well. Ill take a look at Schwartz watching my SEC games, if they happen lol.

Horrible weather in nyc for the weekend

😟

A balmy breezy 88 for me. It’s gorgeous.

Disney would be packed today ordinarily.

I was standing all by myself outside and a guy drives by and says “why aren’t you wearing a mask?”
    I said who the hell are you Dr Fauci, and he drove off

22. Krishna says:

Nice article on Brandon Jones from UT, not sure what pick. Great, smart kid. Tom Herman believes he’s a natural high safety, does well in the box. Can cover in the slot but not his forte. Sound familiar?

23. Krishna says:

D, the only thing I would clarify about your observations is the term “surveillance”. If you mean “testing and tracing” then I agree with everything you said.

My understanding is we should be testing 23MM per week. We are around 400K.

Without a baseline or understanding of where and how prolific the virus is in a specific area or region, the only safe course is to shut everything down. This is unsustainable.

We get to do this all over again, it appears. Unless, we, on a national, state, and local level all do our part. I highly doubt that will be the case. Thus, same ol some ol.

24. Krishna says:

I figured out how to use my phone to scan a QR code. That’s the only way the restaurant displays their menu. Had to have a neighboring patron talk me through it. LOL.

Finally, got my weekend morning might and spicy bloody mary’s.

Son,
    Sitting at my campsite listening to my Pandora stations.
    You should be here, you would love it a mix of:
    Barry Manilow, Blues Brothers, 80’s pop, 90’s Country, Elvis, Garth Brooks,
    Jimmy Buffet, Classic Country, Current Country, Michael Jackson, and of course the “not that there is anything wrong with that” Broadway Musicals. 😀

Bookman – FWIW I like about half of what you described there.

• bookman11 says:

You don’t have to admit which half you like….lol.

I do also have a classic rock station as well.

I took care of someone named Daniel Thomas and I didn’t even think of DT3 until I looked at the tray just now. I guess either he’s fading or I am. lol

Krishna – Are you retired?

It’s diversified alright. 14 genres of bad music, lol jbb

I like some of it, I’m not saying which either except for Billy Joel I like him

Krishna says:
    May 23, 2020 at 12:36 pm

My understanding is we should be testing 23MM per week. We are around 400K.

—————————————————-
    I took surveillance to mean that yes, in the context of how it was used it was used in the scientific meaning.Wasn’t my words, its part of the article i quoted, so i can only say that i took it to mean that, but again, that was my interpretation of it in that article.

I’m envying ya’ll that are getting rain. We’re supposed to reach 107 next week. Ugh, we aren’t even in June yet.

Though Cali had that mild year round temperature thing a lot of the Pacific coastal regions have.

Not all of CA does. The central regions have very hot summers. Sacramento Valley (where I’m at) has triple digit heat every year.

• TryPod says:

Death Valley is one of the hottest place on Earth, and holds the record for the highest temperature ever recorded.

32. Krishna says:

Lol…might and spicy….should have read, migas and spicy bloody mary’s…… Migas are a Tex-Mex blend of scrambled eggs, corn tortillas, red peppers, onions, jalapenos, and cheese. I usually get it without the cheese. Fell in love with them when I moved to ATX.

33. Krishna says:

I’m not sure I could ever be retired. Trying to figure out next steps, for sure.

34. bailbondmike says:

D, I really like Waddle and the kid from Purdue. Schwartz kind of reminds me of Ted Ginn 2.0 in a way. All most exact same size, weight and build. I just remember him being fast as hell.

35. bailbondmike says:

Things have really opened up here. What worries me is I only see about 20% of people wearing masks here. It is 5:20pm here and the beach is still crowded.

36. bailbondmike says:

Bookman, I have no problem with the gay parade thing here. It’s just the over crowded tourism in general during this pandemic. My wife and I are friends with a gay couple who come over for dinner from time to time. One is a huge fan of all sports even NASCAR. He played basketball and baseball in college and some minor league baseball, made it to 2A. You would never know he was gay. My guess is he is the pitcher cause the other one acts a bit girly. They’ve been together for 15 years.

37. bailbondmike says:

Joe Flacco signs one-year, $1.5M deal with Jets.
    ————————————-
    He has really fallen to the bottom of the barrel now. lol

SON-OF-A-SON; Me and Mrs. OD had a contrary experience on the “MASK” Issue 2 days ago.
    Friday, I had to take the day off work so I could drive my wife to the Dr’s office for a treatment on her left knee. She was told she could NOT drive immediately after this treatment and that someone would have to drive her home. That “someone” was me.

The clinic has VERY LARGE SIGNS on each entry door which REQUIRE everyone entering the building to wear masks, followed by a “NO EXCEPTIONS ALLOWED” statement. This makes total sense because most of the patients at this facility are older folks who have compromised immune systems for various reasons. In MY case, I’m well past the age of retirement, I’ve had cancer surgery 9 months ago (and some ensuing tests/treatments) and I have asthma. And my wife has developed significant breathing problems recently.

Just after we arrived, a man who appeared to be older than us came in a wheelchair breathing hard but WITHOUT a mask. The office lady made some gesture but he shook his head “NO!” My wife looked to me and told me “take care of this problem, would you?” So I got up and told this lady, and another office employee that “either he wears a mask or I’m calling the police RIGHT NOW!” –She immediately handed a mask to the person who was pushing his wheelchair and told him to put in on right now. As he was putting it on, he made some comment about me being “a pussy.” I responded that I served in the U.S. Army on active duty during the Vietnam War and would do so, again, if called. Then I asked him “What branch did YOU serve in?” He looked away and said nothing else.

Bottom line is this. NO ONE has the right to come into a medical facility and further endanger an already sick person by NOT wearing a mask. NOT DONALD TRUMP. NOT THE GRAND POOBAH of the KKK. NOBODY!!!

IF YOU don’t ever want to wear a mask, stay out of medical facilities.

• New Age says:

Yeah, that’s just being an uncaring asshole. The elderly should be protected and businesses have a right to demand certain standards in their buildings. There’s a big difference between doing that in a medical facility of any type and your local Walmart.

We know Son wouldn’t be wearing a mask . . . I also doubt he’s attending the LGBTQD gala though

LOL @ this question,
    Q= does Ricky williams belong in the ring of honor?

A= HELL NO!

I don’t know, I’ve heard things 😉

Orob, why haven’t we heard from you about Jordan Howard? You finally got your power back.

Chicken and Ribs smoked on the grill! Check
    Backed potato casserole! Check

Food Coma! Check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael, I wear a mask when necessary. I wore it yesterday getting a haircut. It was after that when I was waiting for my wife to get her hair done that that douchebag approached me while I was isolated in the parking lot smoking a cigar walking around the car all by myself.
    I social distance and yell at the ones who don’t. An old lady in a store yesterday was on me – you’re the most at risk ma’ am please move away, I want football season.

Good man! We went over to my sister’s house yesterday to get together with family, my nieces and nephews were there with their families and my sister’s in laws were over also. Stopped at a liquor store first and realized I didn’t have an effing mask, thankfully my wife had one so she went and got the wine. I have to keep a box in my car so that can’t happen again. It was nice to see the family, it’s been 3 months.

And Thank You America for realizing how tight your ass is and maybe you don’t need 2 years worth of Toilet Paper on hand at all times. At least now there’s becoming all day availability for TP at least you see it all the time and that’s a good thing.

Tom Brady just took an 8 on the 3rd hole. JJ Watt said “Brady’s coming very close to a club-tossing!” LOL!!!

Hope everyone is making the best of it this weekend during this fucked up time.

I was going to go to a park upstate (just an hour north of nyc) with my bike today

Loaded my bike in the Jeep

Went to start it and….it wouldn’t start

I had to get it jumpstarted
    Then leave it running for an hour and drive around

The battery was dead bc I haven’t driven at all during covid

A lot of people have had that issue, my sister included. You need to at least start it and run it for a while to keep the battery fresh.

Got Baptisms figured out going forward

I HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE HAVING A REFLECTIVE MEMORIAL DAY. My first thoughts today centered on my father, who fought in both the European and the Pacific theaters in World War II for the Canadian Army. Then my thoughts turned to the American Vietnam war casualties I worked on. It’s really hard to over estimate how much we all owe to those who served our countries.
    —————–
    The American flag still flies at our house today. The predicted heavy rains for Tampa Bay have yet to appear, although my sister & brother-in-law in Pompano Beach have received nearly 10 inches of rain so far at their house in the last 3 days, which is more than we’ve gotten here ALL YEAR!! Me and Mrs. OD will run a couple of errands today and enjoy the good life made possible by those who gave so much.

Short ribs in the slow cooker….
    🐷 gotta eat

Appreciate all of the men and women who made the greatest sacrifice for our nation on this Memorial Day.

Whether you were a huge Tua fan, middle of the road or not that big on him, aren’t you excited to find out what he might become? Will he be more like a left-handed Russel Wilson or Baker Mayfield so far?

The guy responsible for ESPN programming should be fired for putting this Chargers vs Steelers game on. Mike Vick can’t complete a pass and the Chargers can’t pass block. 7-3 mid 3rd.

57. TryPod says:

It seems to me you had to have an upside to have a decline:

New proposed rule.
    Instead of an onside kick you can take the ball on your own 25 and it will be 4th and 15.

Very lame. I say late in the game the onside kick should go back the way it was giving the kicking team a running starta

New proposed rule.

A team like KC will be really hard to put away. Down 3 scores with 2 minutes left they’ll still be in the game.

They’re replacing the team that played the best for the first 58 minutes with the team that can move the ball at will to win.

Just glad they didn’t have the rule in the Brady cheats era.

I would hope the officials would mostly keep their flags in their pockets on this 4-15 play. Would hate to see someone lose a game (sans a few AFC East opponents😉), because of a weak D holding or PI.

It’s going to be interesting to see, if KC can continue to win with a 40M a year QB.

What was that play yall said you can order masks and get them in just a few days, im still waiting on the one from Amazon, even though it shipped like the day after i placed the order.

I ordered masks a few weeks ago on Amazon, box of 50, the box says “Jointown”. They’re cheap thin blue masks that I see a lot of people wearing. They’re adequate but definitely not N95 masks. I got those in less than a week, I think it was 4 or 5 days.

OK, yeah i have some nice masks coming but apparently a Chinese place, and the arrival date has a friggin window of time that over a month long.and its still a month out lol.

I ordered early may too so, its already been a while.

D – My wife ordered some nice cloth masks, those are taking a long time. We might not get them for a while

Mine are things made more for outdoor cycling, like nature trail riding, so filters out pollen and dust and all that. I plan on wearing them during certain times of the year even after shit is back to normal since i have issues with pine pollen and this place is affectionately known as the pine belt.

We have so much pine pollen here during certain times of the year that we often come out to our cars looking like it has a yellow tint to it with all the pollen stuck to them, and thats even if you have a covered carport. The shit gets everywhere.

Same here. My Mustang is blue but when the pollen is really heavy it turns green

Are you close to the NJ Pine Barrens? I dont know much about the NJ geography, though i did think you were closer to NYC and the coast.

Not too close no, but I know during the spring the pollen is insane here, thick yellow covering everywhere.

I’m kind of south central NJ, so probably a little closer to NYC than the Pine Barrens

Tua top Jersey sales, Flores’ kids couldn’t wait to get on the phone with him, lots of hype they say. Articles about the Fins being the next dynasty.

I’m not really feeling like we’re going to be the next dynasty or feeling it in general. Tua is great at looking away defenders, reading a D, running thru his progressions, getting the ball out quick, mobility and accuracy (that fucker is pretty good😉). Maybe it’s the pandemic I don’t know.

I think we addressed all of our needs, went overkill on OL, DL, and DB. Feel like Fitz is going to kill it this year with healthy WRs, an OL and running game. Something is just missing, that I can’t put my finger on.

the four letter word.
      “HOPE”

You are a jaded Dolphins fan. It is to be expected. I have the feeling that things are going to go sideways. A top pick will get injured. Another will not excel, our new offensive scheme will fail for some reason (too hard for our guys to figure out, too easy for the Defense to figure out?) Teams will run on us at will, etc.

Some of all of the above will not happen. I just have that “queasy” feeling Joe used to get….

BBM, how did the Scalloping go? The season looking like a good one?

Nevermind, doesnt look like the season has started for Gulf County, only a one month season too. Maybe ill just do some bay wading and crabbing when i go out there

You can tell there were land disputes when they bordered out the NE states because there are such windy twisty connections and parts tucked inside the borders of the other ones, so its like they were like ok, well you can have that part but we are keeping this part, and it makes for odd borderlines.

I feel very confident they will play. Not as confident as our ticket broker for the Fest that we’ll actually be able to attend the game, but I’ll be satisfied with just having football to watch. Where I watch it from is not nearly as important as having it available.

Yep, I think things would have to take a significant turn for the worse for the season to be cancelled.

I was going to hit up the Fins at the Niners and/or the Raiders this year, but even if they do allow some fans into the stadiums, I’ll take a pass this season.

“I think there definitely will be a football season this year. The real question is, will there be fans in the stadium?” Ross don’t BS. But then Tim the Ticket Guy was just doing what Ross told him.

I can sum up that sum up. Dont Booger it up.

The only one that could be worse than Booger is doris burke.

He had an attitude about himself, that people didn’t like. If he had been humble, like Peyton or Romo, he’d be able to get away with mistakes, but when he acts like he’s it, it makes everyone out to get him. Also he didn’t seem to have the insight on the game, like others do.

Minkah says — ”If the coaches want me to move around, I’ll move around and if they don’t, then I don’t need to,” Isn’t moving around what his Mom had a serious problem with?

Not putting this on Omar, but what a ridiculous list. LOL

It’s idiotic and made for the sole purpose to be a divisive asshole. It’s the way everything is today. Let me pick an asshole angle and write bullshit to justify it.

It seems like the media is always looking for something to make the Dolphins last in when it’s not even a real thing.

It’s Chris Simms, and I don’t know if you guys have ever listened to his “analysis” but it basically sounds like he is analyzing between eating bowls of glue. He sounds like a moron. He also says really dumb things. So he will probably be very successful…🤨

I don’t know how many people need to say what amounts to “he’s got the talent but he hasn’t played an nfl snap” during the offseason when he hasn’t even had the chance to play

Like he’s the first one to ever come up with that logic

Do these guys ever get past the desperation of writing something to think that most of their audience will read it and say

WE KNOW!

These analysis need a 2nd job during the offseason. Their takes are tired. Of course we don’t know what Tua is – he was just drafted!

It would be stupid to rank Tua as a top QB. It’s equally stupid to rank him last just bc he hasn’t had a chance to play. You dont say people suck bc you don’t know if they suck…

Who does that in their life? I’ve never had a certain Fla over if Ice cream, so I’m ranking it last?

Is that more logical? We don’t know, so he must be last?

Why even make a list with 40 spots on it anyway?

I get lists like this for ranking predictions, prospects or parts of the team, but instead of saying something like, I have no idea how Tua will be so I will rank him last…just omit him and Burrow from the list…don’t be an idiot and say he’s the worst bc he might end up being good, but you just don’t know….wtf

Now I want Tua to start.

Not really because I think Fitz should get his shot and will earn it and that’s really the best thing for Tua long term.

But if Tua wins it then he should be exciting right out of the gate.

No way Tua starts. Least not if they play a full season. Dude is still recovering. Might see him down the road though.

Agee I think later in the year and that depends on Fitz. If we’re in a playoff run then don’t mess with it.

It’s weird that Chris Simms is so bad because his father is excellent. I love listening to him either commentating a game or on the radio as a host.

I hope they don’t penalize the teams that want to be in the facilities, because of the teams that do not!

Good stuff, Piggy. And exactly right, why 40?

We live in a world where a person like LaVar Ball has a platform AND a f%^&ing audience. Nothing I read surprises me anymore.

• TryPod says:

I can’t get into these- that took hours of time to design and debug, then, after the payoff, this kid is gonna spend hours picking all that shit up and putting it away. Imagine what he could have done with that time.
      And that is my “Get off my lawn!” rant for the week.

That’s what I used to tell my son, when he played video games, but he’s always learning whatever he’s doing, then on vacation he’d tell me some fact about where we are and say you know how I know that? Video games, and you thought all I was doing was playing.

Some of that looks computer generated.

These U75 guys never cease to amaze me. Can someone really be that stupid? If the cheats go 12-4 or even 11-5 this year and win the AFC East Belicheat will win coach of the year hands down, they’ll all be sucking his dick, ESPN will be renamed all bill all the time network.

He’ll win the award, not because belicheat is the best ever, like the mo-ron says, but because of no Brady. Re

I normally don’t do odds, but I found the numbers on who might be named the NFL’s Coach of the Year this season from BetOnline.ag really interesting:

Bill Belichick 12-1
    Joe Judge 40-1
    Jon Gruden 40-1
    Ron Rivera 40-1
    Adam Gase 50-1
    Bill O’Brien 50-1
    Doug Marrone 50-1

First, poor Doug Marrone.

Second, how does a Tom Brady-less Bill Belichick have better odds to win the honor than Andy Reid?

Yes, Belichick is the best ever to do it (maybe I answered my own question), but Reid has Patrick Mahomes.

Tennessee’s Mike Vrabel and Baltimore’s John Harbaugh also should have better odds.

Or one of my dark horses, Washington’s Ron Rivera.

IMO, Reid repeats and its his, and that team looks like a team that can do it, so his odds of being the coach of the year depends on if you think they repeat. I dont think them getting deep in the playoffs will do it, i think its going to have to be a Superbowl. That will also get him in the discussion of best modern era coach.

Belichick winning it pretty much hinges on how far they get in the playoffs. If they knock off KC and at least make it to the Superbowl, i think he will win it. They will say, look he wins even without Brady and he will be a lock, will depend though if he actually does or not. Beating KC and making it to the playoffs a must.

I dont see the Arians odds at all. I mean what has he done as a coach to put them in that spot, he picked up a known good QB to lead a team that already had a pretty good mount of talent when he took over. I dont think it will say much about his coaching ability to win with a ready made team, not to mention i dont see them getting to the Superbowl despite the hype. They would have to win the Superbowl to get coach of the year, and i dont see it.

When I hear things from the left about the stock market, such as only the rich are benefitting, it makes me think how much they really hate the middle class.

A good portion of the middle class has their retirement funds in the stock market, so when it goes up we benefit, yet all you here from them are comments like this one from CNN – The Dow soars 300 points after getting another caffeine jolt. As if they wished our economy would falter, at the expense of a lot of people just so they could get more power.

Its the progressives, they seem to have a more tear it down mentality than actually offering a constructive alternate plan. The far left are becoming pretty scary imo, they dont want to fix America, they want to fundamentally change it, and completely rebuild it. This country is still great, there wanst any making it great again, it has always been great and no matter which way it has leaned, left or right, in the past its been great, with some philosophical differences. This new shit isnt the same, its a mission to destroy, so im really pretty worried about what they will do with the country if they get in control.

Steve

A jolt or a boost the stock market is not generally a good thing for retirement savings

That’s the underlying problem. It often crashes after that occurs. Jolts to the stock market are driven by deregulation and often times, a crash follows

Everyone had there own perspective on how they want their retirement savings invested, but I personally want that money to be low risk and I don’t want the stock market to be volatile

The only one who benefits from soaring stock market highs followed by stock market lows are professional traders who time their moves right to maximize profit

You can do that with your retirement funds to and some people are successful but generally speaking, I don’t think a volatile stock market is good for long term retirement money. I personally prefer to take my financial risks elsewhere. Not with my 401k. I want a slow and steady investment with my retirement savings.

It’s also a growing problem that the stock market is viewed as the driving force of our economy. Wages vs the costs of living are a better measure if you ask me. How can the middle class set aside money to put in a 401k or any Investments if those things are lopsided? Personally I think we have been suffocating the middle class for decades and it’s only become worse recently

steveccnv says:
    May 27, 2020 at 9:12 am

—————————————————-
    Sounds like he’;s been playing assassins creed lol.

Not sure what it was, but the game had a world map and they conquered other countries.

Not sure, you have just described about 90 different games lol.

I do know that in Assassins Creed, you are walking through revolutionary times NY and walking down roads that are still there today and you get a feel for how things have changed, but yet how something really haven’t. They do a really good job in those games integrating actual history into those games.

I think we may see a change in our WR corps, someone like Ford, although he played good down the stretch, I think is on the chopping block. Also Hurns may be in trouble. These two aren’t dynamic enough.

In 2020, the Dolphins have another physically gifted UDFA wide receiver in the building — former Oregon Duck, Texas A&M Aggie and Arkansas Red Wolves receiver Kirk Merritt. Merritt, who also spent one season at East Mississippi Community College after being dismissed from the Aggies for two charges of indecent exposure — he pled no contest — will serve as Miami’s next opportunity to secure a talented pass catcher via the UDFA pool.

Do we gamble on him at the expense of a proven player that is solid, but not great? Kirk could be another Preston.

Someone recently mentioned Chris Simms top 40 QBs and that Omar shouldn’t be criticized about mentioning it, and that is correct, but you can and should give him shit for putting his spin on it, by saying Tua is dead last.

That isn’t accurate, there aren’t only 40 QBs in the NFL, there’s more like 90+, so to have him already ahead of 50 of them shouldn’t be considered as a put down, but anything the racist coconut can do to make a Fin look bad he’ll do.

as for chris sims , he has credibility , he nailed lamar jackson touting him as the best qb in that draft, he also nailed another qb assessment but i cant rember his name, simms is a great evaluator of qbs

81. ElephantRider says:

The only factors determining if Belicheat wins coach of the year is
    1. How well he cheats
    2. Does he get caught

3. does he get the league to collude in the cover up by destroying the tapes / evidence

I hate the guy, but i respect his coaching, and yeah he will stoop to bending or breaking rules, but there is a lot more of that going on in the NFL than just him.

As far as my opinion on him, he probably is the greatest modern era coach, he flows effortlessly with rule changes, almost like he is one step ahead of them, he shows he can manipulate his roster, doing what other teams call purges, but for him its just prepping for the next Superbowl. Its uncanny, and if he had a better personality and wasnt a hated rival i think people here would agree he’s good.

Im hoping this is the second year of a total collapse of his empire, but i cant discredit his ability to make something out of nothing. If he does it again, after what would be his most significant loss to date, he probably does deserve to be considered coach of the year.

• ElephantRider says:

He’s garbage. The late great Don Shula sure didn’t share the same opinion and I never heard him say anything foul about another coach. That’s all I need to cement my opinion on him.

OCRob, you are giving way too much credit to Sims than he deserves.

That is the problem with these dime-a-dozen ‘analysts’ (and us as consumers). These ‘analysts’ throw so much shit at the wall because all it takes is one or two things to stick, then half the populace will say “ooh, remember when he was right on this one thing? He really knows his shit..”

Damn! Space X launch scrubbed minutes before launch. They are going to try again Saturday

ER, it’s kind of hard to call a coach garbage who coached in 12 total Super Bowls. 2 as a DC, 1 as an assistant and 9 as a HC. Just saying!

“He met his wife, Liza, at Harvard, asked her to marry him in a McDonald’s parking lot and now raises seven children with her — all of whom were born in a different city.”

I’d call that Fitzmagic.

86. ElephantRider says:

Piggy gets it!
    🙂

87. bailbondmike says:

D, going scalloping June 25th at Keaton Beach in Taylor county. Their season opens June 15th. Only 14 cases and 0 deaths for COVID in Taylor county. No worries there. Going for 5 days so if we limit out each day, I should come back with 9-10 pounds of bay scallops.

Also, I looked up the state park on the peninsula just past Cape San Blas the other day. They are open for boat launching but no camping and are still rebuilding from after the hurricane. Love that place!

Anyone know who Jonas Grumby is?
    Don’t cheat

A five year old and yoga pants

Me when anyone has anything nice to say about patriots

It’s not necessarily about the Patriots but what Belichick has accomplished. You can deny it if you want, but it still happened.

There was a time a lot of NFL fans didn’t like the Dolphins and thought Shula had an unfair advantage being on the competition committee. He also was accused of allowing the Orange Bowl to be a muddy mess in the “The Mud Bowl” to slow down the faster Jets in the 83 AFC Championship game.

Anyone else see this is just like politics? LOL

Bookman — got my car jumped today and was by exactly that battery pack you put the pic out. And thing started…. highlight of my day.

Good to hear Stanger. I think someone else put the picture up though, but glad it worked

Yeah — my bad. It was Randy. Thing looks like one of the Ghostbusters should have it on their back.

My wife tried to freak me out with this one. Got me looking at my hand closely about potential Covid problems.

They’ve been perpetuating ring finger myths for a long time, if your ring finger and index finger are the same length you’re more likely to be gay…

My names not Randy!

Holy fuck, it is busier in my place now than was it during Christmas and New Years. I can’t believe how crazy it is now.

Stanger, Randy wouldn’t even know how to post a picture to begin with. And that goes for both Randy’s (OD).

Good job Bookman the time stamp shows you nailed it. Impressive.

Why does everyone comment on the front office not wanting to admit they were wrong? I don’t think that ego kind of shit is ever weighed that much in the decision.

That’s the first time I’ve seen the video. That cop murdered Floyd. He puts his hand on the car to maintain leverage on the coratid. Fucking sick.

He’s cuffed. WTF

Horrible! Now it’s a white/black thing. I hate that. I’m not part of that at all. Let the individuals involved pay the consequences. Wrong is wrong!

• ElephantRider says:

All of them need to go for murder.
        You dont leave handcuffed people on their stomach, every department teaches that to avoid positional asphyxia. Absolutely sickening.

• ElephantRider says:

Not to mention the fucking knee….thought I didn’t need to mention it. The whole thing is disgusting.

They were interviewing Bud Grant the other day here on local sports radio. They talked about Shula….because of his passing. Grant said he was a great coach, but he also said he had the NFL in his back pocket and had the Competition Committee do whatever he said. You could tell Grant didn’t care for Shula’s shenanigans very much and definitely felt it helped him win games. Think of that what you will, but I’ve always felt Bud Grant was a straight shooter. It is what it is. They all try to get any advantage they can.

They used to call it sportsmanship. Now it’s cheating.

Spit balls, scuffing the ball, field conditions etc. Let it go! They’ve been doing it forever.

I definitely think the Dolphins and Shula got preferential treatment because he was the head of the competition committee and mostly because he earned that respect and stature. No question in my mind, but is that really any different from the respect and preferential treatment that Bill Belichick and his teams have gotten over the decades?

May 27, 2020 at 7:48 pm
    —————————-
    Guess being in quarantine help proved the old wives tale that if you keep doing it it will eventually affect your vision. Might wanna double up on the hand sanitizer Mr. Hand.

NEW BLOG UP!!!