Week 12 – Dolphins @ Jets

OK Miami Dolphins fans, I’m talking to YOU! I implore you not to overreact. We had a 5 game winning streak going and it was nice. We were winning in all 3 phases of the game, offense, defense and special teams, we were doing whatever it took to win. We came into Denver as the favorites and the Broncos did something no other team in the last 5 games were able to do. They out-physicalled our team, on both sides of the ball. The type of pressure they brought against our young rookie QB seemed to slow down his processing and instead of seeing the field well like he normally does, he often looked stuck in cement as the rush overtook him. It happens. Our O-line which has been stout as can be looked overmatched. Our front 7 could not apply pressure after the first Denver drive where we forced the INT. After that, the Broncos adjusted and held off our pass rush and ran all over us with either Melvin Gordon or Phillip Lindsay. It was a true team loss, so get your heads out of your asses and stop blaming the loss on the rookie QB!

This week’s opponent could potentially be the remedy to rebound from a poor week but I’m not feeling that way. It looks like QB Sam Darnold is likely to start and he’s coming back to an offense that is in better shape now than it was when he got hurt. Rookie WR Denzel Mims is healthy and has been playing very well the last 4 games with 13 receptions for 217 yards and a heady 16.7 YPC. Breshad Perriman is banged up but has scored 3 TD’s in the last 2 games. Rookie RB La’Mical PEE-rine is on IR leaving the solid former Dolphins RB Frank Gore as the primary ballcarrier. The 0-10 Jets on paper look ripe for an easy week for the Dolphins but we Dolphins fans know it doesn’t work like that. The Fitz led Dolphins cruised to a 24-0 shutout of the Jets in Miami where I recall we left a lot of points off the board. RB Myles Gaskin rushed for 91 yards and Fitzpatrick had an uneven day with 3 TD’s and 2 INT’s. It looks like rookie RB Salvon Ahmed (SUH-von ACK-med) will get the start although he’s got a sore shoulder. One thing I noticed after seeing more of Ahmed is that he’s more of a scatback, when he gets hit, he either goes down or backwards. It was pretty similar with Gaskin although to a lesser extent. We’re not going to run any team down with our smaller stable of RB’s.

The New York Jets are 32nd in offensive scoring at 14,9 PPG. They are 31st in giving up points at 30.2 PPG. In contrast, the Dolphins are 13th in offensive scoring at 26.4 PPG and top 5 (4th) in defensive scoring allowing only 20.2 PPG. With division rovalries like these, I normally say throw this stuff out the window. I think the one thing we have in our favor is that even if the Jets put up a good fight I don’t believe they really want to win another game and put themselves in peril of losing the chance of getting QB Trevor Lawrence. Then again, everyone said the same about us at just about the same time of the season and we proved them wrong winning 3 of our last 5 games. What I really want to see is our team look right again. It will be good to have DL Christian Wilkins back on our defense. I want the O-line to blow open holes for whomever is carrying the ball and I want Tua protected. I want the defense to once again create pressure and force turnovers. I want the whole team to get back on the horse and just be like they were during our 5 game win streak and put last week’s loss behind them. I trust Coach Brian Flores to accomplish that on Sunday.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families from us at FinsMobUnleashed!

GO DOLPHINS!!!

982 Responses to Week 12 – Dolphins @ Jets

I heard on NFL radio that the reason the Ravens/Steelers game was moved to Wednesday was because NBC wanted to have the Rockefeller Center Tree lighting ceremony on Tuesday night. Whatevs . . . .

Mike

I heard a variation and all I can do is laugh

I heard the game was moved from Tomorrow night to Wens night bc the Ravens complained that they needed to practice and need Tuesday

And then bc CBS (not nbc) had previously contracted to have the tree lighting during prime time, CBS insisted the game be played before 4pm….

And now I can’t stop laughing about how fucking crazy the world has become

Good grief, it’s snowing. As if we aren’t already suffering enough. ❄️ 😭

It’s been pouring here off and on all day and it’s warm. I guess you have colder temps.

• herdfan says:

It was warmer earlier, rain off and on all day, then temps dropping and snow. Got a call that school is cancelled tomorrow ….WTF? Did they forget they are remote right now and not actually going to school? 😂

How long does it take to plug in a string of lights? Why couldn’t they play the game and still show the tree lighting thing during one of the commercial breaks?

Wentzehill

They should get Louis Riddick out of there, Brian Griese is pretty good, then Louis comes in all espnie with all of his “football “ words like he’s teaching you something every time we’re lucky enough for him to utter words to us.

Was really good to see Wilkins back yesterday, he makes our defense better. He’s so versatile and active. He’s always jumps out.

10. ElephantRider says:

Saturday night game day after Christmas? What a bunch of shit.

Squeal Pig it’s your birthday 🎂

I know its exciting at 7-4 and being in the playoff hunt, but imagine being 4-7 and still being able to win your division.

November 30, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Mike

I heard a variation and all I can do is laugh

And now I can’t stop laughing about how fucking crazy the world has become
    ———————————————-
    Wonder if they are delaying it hoping they can get Lamar Jackson back of the covid list.

17. Phindog says:

Happy Birthday Piggy 🐷!!

“Here’s what FiveThirtyEight ranks Miami’s odds at depending on the results of their next three games:

0-3: 3% chance to make postseason
    1-2: 21% chance to make postseason (4% odds to win AFC East)
    2-1: Approximately 65% chance to make postseason (18% chance to win AFC East)
    3-0: 95% chance to make postseason (39% odds to win AFC East)”

Happy Birthday Piggs, many more oinks to you pal
    🐽💥🐬😁

Gotta like this. And the Texans have two games against the Colts and one against the Titans left.
    ———————————
    “The Texans saw two starters suspended for 6-games effective immediately yesterday. They’re no small fish, either: wide receiver Will Fuller IV and cornerback Bradley Roby are the guilty parties. Pro Football Focus grades Fuller IV as the Texans’ 2nd-best offensive starter this season behind QB Deshaun Watson, whereas Roby is ranked as the team’s 2nd-best starter on defense behind DL JJ Watt.”

I was hoping to forget

Thanks for all the birthday wishes

Happy birthday pig!

Mmmmmm…. jamón ibérico!

Raiders to me represent the bottom of the wild card chances. They are probably the best team at about the cutoff record for right now at 6-5, though i might revise that statement if the Ravens lose Wednesday night.

Either way, right now we have a game advantage over them, but how does the rest of our schedule look vs theirs. I think we have 2 better than 50% chance of winning, 2 with a better than 50% chance of losing and 1 thats a dead even, which is the Raiders game. For the Raiders i think they have a slightly better match up set towards the end of the season with 2 better than 50% chance of winning, 2 505/50’s and one less than 50% chance of winning.

If they go 2-1 before they get to the game against us and we go 2-1 before they get us, which is kind of my prediction, then we will have the one game lead and have the chance to eliminate them if we win, they on the other hand would have to beat us and then still win their last one or we lose out last one. Our last game against the Bills is the one where i think we have a less than 50% chance of winning as we are at their stadium and its going to be fucking crazy cold.The plus side of it is i have the Raiders playing a 50/50 at Denver, also in adverse weather conditions.

We would be at a pretty big disadvantage though if we dont beat the Raiders, as we would then need to beat the Bills with a lot stacked against us. i dont do predictions but i could definitely see this scenario unfolding: We get in with a 10-6 record, as one of the WC teams, beating the Raiders, both eliminating them and lock us into the playoffs.

If we can do the above and then beat the Bills on the last game, that last game might be for the division title, but hopefully we have already locked in our playoff spot and that wont make a difference in getting in or not.

Minimum 10-6 to get in, 11-5 probably gets us the division title. I think Raiders is a must win, thought not statistically, and to me Bills is a must win to give us momentum into the playoffs and i would really like that division title.

Not as nuanced as you, but heck yeah the Raiders game is gonna be a must win. Same goes for the Pats. Bills we can lose and still make the playoffs if hit those two must wins before that. And Jills will have to implode to not win the division.

December 1, 2020 at 11:41 am

———————————
    —————————————————–
    PED suspensions, and i already saw where Fuller was trying to throw a mysterious “Dr.” which he didnt name, prescribing him a “medicine” which he also didnt name, that he was told by the Dr wasnt on the banned list. See with such non specific details and the fact that they get a full list of banned medicines every year as part of their player handbook, im just gonna call BS on all that noise.

CBA lets the NFL suspend players for PED, but doesn’t let it announce what for. So you get caught….. spin away. Was all GNC’s fault.

• sb7mvp says:

If he got 6 games then odds are he was caught with PEDs before. If I recall correctly, the league doesn’t make an announcement or suspension like this unless it’s at least the second time.

Happy Birthday Piggy!!

🎂🍸🍹🍺🍻🥃🥃🐷🐽🍸🍷🍺🍻🥃🎂

27. naplesfan2010 says:

Happy birthday Piggy!!

Tell me you guys cannot hear this picture? LOL

If Houston loses the 4 of the last 3, the two to the Colts and the one to the Titans, plus the one ill say probably at this point is 50/50 with the Bears, they will finish 5-11, which probably puts us around 8 with their pick.and hopefully 25+ with ours. Kind an awkward split, especially if we want to grab a top WR but not reach for one. 8 might still be a good place for a trade back though, since i have a feeling there will be several QB’s that teams will want a shot at and might move up some to get, but given how many pretty solid QB’s they will have the choice over might not net us the haul it would if they were a little rarer next year.

December 1, 2020 at 1:19 pm

——————————————————————
    Bills still have 2 tough ones, Steelers and the 9’ers. Realistically they could finish 10-6 if we beat them as well, which would give us the division, if we are almost perfect through the end. Like i said though, thats gonna be a helluva tough game for us to win, but maybe we can play up to it if it means we win the division.

Technically they could go 3-2 and still lose the division if that last game is a loss to us. Either way, we can do it, its just gonna have to be a near perfect end to the season.

December 1, 2020 at 1:27 pm

—————————————————
    No i think you are missing what im saying, he went to twitter making the accusations, so at that point if he wanted to be convincing he could have said it was this medication by this Dr. and i was duped, by withholding that information, i feel he is being deceitful and most likely he knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe ya did get what im saying but i cant exactly tell from the reply.

sb7mvp says:
    December 1, 2020 at 1:46 pm

————————————————————
    I think thats right, i think the first one might be a slap on the wrist, no announcement and you go on a list of violators which gets you higher scrutinized, ie tested more frequently.

I wonder if the Texans will resign Stills

Hey, maybe i can get an answer from some of you guys since you’re already old. When does falling becomes surreal slow motion like. I just had a cat trip me up and i went to the ground hard, but it felt like it took 15 seconds to finally hit the ground. Also when i hit the ground my body wouldn’t let me get back up. It made me lay there and assess the damage done for a while before eventually giving into the attempt to get back up. This is like 2nd or 3rd fall i have had where this is the case now over the past few years.. I know when i was younger, id hit the ground fast and be up about as fast, hell i played football thats like part of every damn play. So i guess what im saying is have i crossed the magic line into old man land and am i now part of ya’lls group?

December 1, 2020 at 1:57 pm

Happy Birthday Piggy!!

🎂🍸🍹🍺🍻🥃🥃🐷🐽🍸🍷🍺🍻🥃
    ———————————————————–
    Mixing all those alcohols…..its gonna be a rough tomorrow.

All this time I thought D was a young buck and here he was an old fuck all along.
    You are only 7 years younger than me!

And I still bounce. 😉

Im usually stable as you can be, in football they called me “weeble wobble” because when i was in 8th grade and moved up to varsity the senior tried to “welcome” me and i took some flat out shots from them and never got knocked down, they were impressed and gave me that nickname. So i really am not use to falling sensation, except in football where you are a lot more prepared for it.

I wanna say Steve, M13, and i think SB7 are all around my age maybe younger.

Each time it has happened my mind had moved past the situation that caused it, like i was already walking past that last step and then boom cat… so all that quick adjustment to get back in the “now” and adjust for the situation may have been part of what felt like a time warp. Same thing kinda int he other two circumstances, i was already thinking past the stage i was one to the next step when reality told me, oh but you aren’t done with this part yet lol.

D, I thought you were going to say “the next two times the cat tripped me….” to which I was going to reply “time to get rid of that cat”

December 1, 2020 at 5:40 pm

Ken — only person on this board who will be around longer than you is Mike E.

Stanger, Mike has already been around 6 centuries longer than Ken to begin with.

Honey, I’m sorry but the cat had a terrible accident and is dead.

WHAT!? What happened!!???

He tripped me

Huh? what do you mean? what was the terrible accident?

I told you already. He tripped me.

LOL

“Hmmmmmm, what should I tell my wife happened to the cat” He thought as he fell.

Happy Birthday Piggy!

LOL @ D getting tripped up by the cat.

December 1, 2020 at 5:40 pm (Edit)
    Ken — only person on this board who will be around longer than you is Mike E.
    —————-
    Cancer, diabetes and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy make that unlikely sadly

Ken,
    I’ve never seen Jake Scott play live. I’m the same age as D, at least for 13 more days.

I saw some games on TV during the Jake Scott era but I was very young and didn’t watch sports like I do now.

Would like to know sb7’s story though.

I actually remember watching Jake Scott. I was young but I remember he and Dick Anderson was the best combo of safeties I have ever seen play

Between like 7-10 years old I knew positions and who they were but mostly from posters and trading cards. The NFL on TV was very limited back then.

I just turned 46, so I guess I’m part of the ‘young’ FMU demographic.

I know I can still walk around a cat without falling on my ass in slow motion, so perhaps I’m especially youthful for my age. 😉

LMAO @ Kong!

What pisses me off a little bit is knowing that a team will probably finish the season with as many wins as we have today and make the playoffs (NFCE) and we still have to hope for 10 freaking wins!

this is some vicious shit. LOL

D – love that story man, it’s awesome! I don’t understand it exactly but it’s funny as hell.

Any of you ever heard her? When you’re in the mood to listen to something amazing and you have 35 minutes, do yourself a favor and become experienced.

I learned a word today. Vagitus The crying of a newborn baby.

I am going to use this one

Miami moved to the second-ranked scoring defense (18.6 points per game) and the best third-down unit (32.8 percent conversion rate allowed) in the NFL.

December 1, 2020 at 9:19 pm
    ——————-
    I sure as hell know who Esperanza Spalding is, bud! She’s absolutely AMAZING!

I do a Zoom music appreciation thing once a week with long time friends all over the country and this week was Esperanza Spalding – Emily’s D+Evolution. Now I listened to the album and loved it. Then started watching her live and now I’m on a universal odyssey orgasm – in a musical way. 😉

She’s AMAZING is right!! This is some of the best natural music I have heard in a long time. I’m a big fan just in case I didn’t mention that. LOL

Tim, when you do a Zoom music appreciation thing once a week with long time friends all over the country, you should introduce them to the Ahn Trio. I think(?) I introduced you to them once before after I saw them live, but here they are again…

And yes… this is the kind of music I’m now delving into as a producer.

I love stuff like this, but it’s too much for extended periods of time. That’s why it never mainstreams. Gotta write good songs. This type of music belongs with visuals.

What do you make of this?

That’s bad-ass. I love the visual representation of the music in whatever program he was using to produce it.

Dig it, man!! You should listen to Symphonic Metal. It’s right in line with this just some rock instrumentation added. Have you ever heard of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra? That’s what it would be. Very cool, good stuff!

Brian Flores Wednesday December 2 media availability thread
    7:53 AM · Dec 2, 2020·Twitter Web App
    Retweet
    Likes
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    17m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    On hiring Josh Boyer.

He’s a very good teacher of the game. We’ve had years worth of conversations about defensive coverage, structures, front, protections and pressures… it’s been 14-15 years of these same conversations. He’s a good coach.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    17m
    Coach on WR separation statistics.

Guy like DeVante, if the guy is on his back and you throw it inside, his arm length is the separation. As a QB you just need to know the builds of your WRs. A smaller guy…you might have to fit a tighter window. It’s all case-by-case.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    15m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    On Tua

I wish I had a crystal ball to tell you if he was going to practice fully. We won’t know that until we get out there today.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    15m
    Same deal with Ahmed and Kindley

December 1, 2020 at 9:14 pm

—————————————-
    Lol for some fucking reason it is a gift i have to find myself in situations that while mildly embarrass are indeed entertaining and funny lol.I dont mind the shame of my actions though, if it can bring a laugh.Suffice to say, if shit can happen to someone, even if the overall percentage chance of it happening like that is extremely small, ill find myself right there.

That program they are using up there looks like a high end version of something I use to play around with called fruity loops. I made a pretty badass gabber track using nothing but video game sound clips and a drum kit.

Rock if the guy was leaning forward in that slow mo fall video that would be pretty close to dead on how I felt and probably looked lol

Scary to me that the Steelers aren’t mathematically set to have a playoff spot, there are still things that could keep them out with 10 wins. Im sure it includes losing every game from here on out and other teams winning from here on out, but even with 10 wins they cant say they have a guaranteed spot. My guess is a win on Wednesday and they will have locked a spot though, and probably one more win anytime over the next 6 games will lock them in.

“As a quarterback, like, I’d tell him to his face today that, to me, my years in the NFL — I played 11 years. He’s the best quarterback when it comes to accuracy, power, knowledge of the game. The best quarterback, hands down, I ever played with. Now, when it comes to leadership, the worst. He don’t know how to communicate. He don’t know how to get his teammates involved. ”
    — Devin Hester on Jay Cutler

“Now I can talk real, Jay Cutler was bad,” Marshall said. “He can make every thrown, he’s one of the smartest guys I’ve ever been around. But it comes down to this heart right here, and leadership. Galvanizing the team.”
    — Brandon Marshall on Cutler

where’s my buddy Steve? did the radical left discourage him?

Don’t think it that. He was still here talking good football after the election. Hope life didn’t throw him some kind of bump.

TOP on the other hand went on leave right after election night.

I’ve been farting on this blog since the election
      🐖💨
      Actually if we are being honest for years before this election

But it’s indiscriminate farting

Pig farts know no political loyalties

Pretty weak free agent class if you ask me
    I would rather we just use our $ to lock up some of our own guys

Dolphins 11.5 favorites on Sunday….. when’s the last time we had a number like that?

I think steve is out looking for all those Trump ballots. 🙂

Phelon – do you really believe that Trump won the election, or would have won if not for cheating?

Mike – I find it hard to believe that cheating on that scale could go undetected. On the other hand there is already definitive proof that groups are trying to cheat in the Georgia Senatorial run off elections by registering out of state, dead, and otherwise ineligible voters. If they would cheat in this one why would anyone believe that there wasn’t cheating in the presidential? And the commonality is absentee voting.

I’m sure there is always foul play involved in every election. On the other hand, I don’t believe the election was stolen from Trump. I think the anomalies that are often pointed to such as votes only for President as opposed to voting the entire ticket just proves how many people came out to vote to get rid of Trump and didn’t even care about the rest. It’s beyond time to move past this already.

• pheloniusphish says:

I’m not sure that without putting to rest the anomalies in a definitive way we can move on. When groups started by the likes of Stacy Abrams and recently run by one the Senate candidates don’t even try hard to hide they are attempting fraud, it it will be hard to convince that they didn’t do the same before. And if we don’t have confidence in the integrity of our elections, we are headed the way of the Balkans. Nothing to do with Trump.

Phish

Stacey Abrams didn’t commit fraud by registering new voters who never voted before. Those are real people hat just never voted before

Donald Trump won Florida by getting 200k new voters to register in Miami/Dade to vote for him

It’s an effective strategy on both sides

Most of those new voters in Miami/Dade are for out of state and are loosely connected to Florida
    In fact, Donald Trump did it himself and voted in Florida

The stuff people are suggesting is fraud, is not fraud and it cuttingly doesn’t shift the balance for one side

Trump is just a sore loser and there’s an entire political campaign devoted to making it seem like being a cry baby is okay, and the reality is it’s not

December 2, 2020 at 11:28 am

— Devin Hester on Jay Cutler

— Brandon Marshall on Cutler
    ————————————————————-
    God knows it pains me to agree with anything Stabby says, BUT i 100% agree with both of these guys and i have said it before. When we picked him up, part of me was hella excited because he is QB skills wise one of the best i have ever seen too, but up there in that noggin is a damn mess. His personality sucks, he is coo coo crazy, he’s probably got 40 certifiable issues, but just athletically he was born to play that position. I wish it had worked out for him here, but just as the other half of me was saying when we got him, It was never meant to work out, he will not get out of his own way, hell i dont think he can.

The Georgia Republican Governor and Secretary of State don’t believe there was election fraud. Just saying

Haven’t you heard the latest

Neither him nor Bill Barr are republicans anymore….
      They said things the president disagreed with so they don’t count anymore….lol

Also if there was election fraud in Georgia then how come the 2 democratic senate candidates didn’t outright win?

For the suspense of a runoff

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The point to me is, if you cant prove election fraud in several states, it doesn’t do you any good. He lost by more than just Georgia. I do think that fraud, like anything, should be tracked down, its something you need to acknowledge, investigate and find no instance of it, or you are just turning a blind eye, but again, does it affect the result, no. Really it might do is if can be traced back far enough (it wont someone will be paid to be the fall guy) it only opens up to a impeachment proceeding (which wont have the votes to proceed) and god knows we need another one of those right now in the middle of all this shitty political stuff we are already dealing with.

Voting fraud or anomalies usually occurs in a handful of votes up to a couple of hundred votes historically speaking. There has never been any documented cases of voting fraud or irregularities in anything close to the type of numbers to change the election in any state nor the multiple states Trump would need to change the election

I dont think the FA group is that weak, but i dont know if i wanna invest in FA’s given where we are as far as the culture goes. Adding in young players from other teams might disrupt that, adding in vets might be better but i dont wanna discourage any of the young guys on our team by adding a vet we want as a starter. I think the best way to approach FA this year would be to get a few guys that help fill out the roster, guys known for their work ethic etc that would help the starters really continue to progress, a Fitz type guy for some of the other groups. We might want to consider 1 top FA and the rest be blue collar types.

A few that i wouldn’t mind seeing as a top market pickup would be:Leonard Williams, Shaq Barrett, or maybe Bud Dupree and maybe Justin Simmons. Players i would pick up at the right price, with potential to start, but no intention to leapfrog our current guy: Alex Mack, Brian Poole, KJ Wright. Players i would take for backup/second chance type contracts.Solomon Thomas, Daniel Sorensen, Sheldon Rankins.

you dot have to ponder on it too long to determine if a politician would and probably in some way did cheat in an election. Just like with my test for if they are lying, ie their lips moving, the truth is, the way you know if a politician did something unethical in an election (maybe not even needed to win) all ya have to know was they participated in one.We literally have some of the most disgusting miscreants run for office every year, and for every one solid dutiful one trying to get things done for the citizens, you have 2-3 slimballs getting more done but only benefiting themselves.

Ken – Not that I believe it was the fault of the Democratic party, but like I mentioned a moment ago I do think people just voted against Trump and didn’t bother to vote the entire ticket. Seems like that happened a lot around the country.

Pigs/Ken – Not talking past, talking now. GA Secretary of State has 250-ish investigations going regarding the run offs. And the group that Stacy Abrams started is among them and has been trying to register out of state voters. That’s not the same as registering new voters.

Like I said to Mike, I don’t think there was enough to change the election. Trump didn’t do enough to win. But don’t pretend that there wasn’t fraud and the people that committed it won’t do it again. Or that it wasn’t made possible by the expansion of mail in votes that democratic run states put in place at the last minute.

Frankly, who is President is nearly irrelevant and as long the Supreme Court is conservative the Senate is not much more important. If the SC reinstitutes the non-delegation doctrine, and I think they will, they will undo the most of the damage that the administrative state has caused. Shrink the government and make congress do their job.

So if there is voter fraud going on investigate and charge those responsible. Always though unlikely to happen in any large scale way. Who would commit a felony to cast one vote? But if going on…. put the person behind bars.

Anyone watching the game? Ravens blew it at the end of the 1st half.

I want Miami to knock Pittsburgh out of the play offs on a Parker catch over Minkah Fuck Face.

Phish

If some one is voting for dead people and coordinating that or switching votes or something nefarious like that, they should absolutely go to jail

That’s a felony and people have been charged and served time for it before

But what’s going on here after the 2020 election is throwing around the word fraud for things that’ aren’t even close to fraud.

And it’s really one sided and just about trying to help the losing party win rather than general fairness. I mentioned that new voter turnout in Miami/Dade. Ken mentioned the GA runoff which isn’t ideal for democrats, There are other examples: Alaska was one of the last states to declare a winner but bc they fell red, no one cares how long it took them to count mail in ballots. It’s all one sided bc the person putting it out there is a big baby and a sore loser. Utah sang the praises of mail in voter in 2016 and no one cared bc it was beet red when the votes were counted.

These things that people are raising now are normal in elections and do not affect the outcome and more importantly are not fraud or supported by evidence. Bill Barr publicly stated a lack of evidence of anything affecting the election yesterday and was disavowed by the maga crowd for it.

The president is just being a sore loser. I just don’t think anyone should be elevating what is going on to anything more Than a sore loser

So yeah I agree: investigate it and out people who did it in jail. But let’s be real about it – there a reality star which a big microphone that gains a lot by theatrically making a mountain out of a molehill .

I just turned on the game and I can’t believe it’s this close with the ravens missing as many players as they are

So, just to be clear, we are rooting for the division leader to keep the lead and the team that is 6-4 behind us in the hunt to lose. We don’t GAF about the 1972 codgers old record. I actually hope someone will pass it so folks will shut up about what happened nearly half a century ago. I was freakin 2yo.

No, I’m rooting for the ravens

Im with the Pigster, i am no fan of Baltimore but fuck those black and gold fuckers. I especially dont wanna lose the only undefeated status to them. We will get in on our own merit if we just fucking play well. If we dont, we shouldn’t get in there anyways.

• pheloniusphish says:

Yes. Let someone else beat PIt.

I dunno, i really love being the only team to have that record. I do want to have things with our current team to have pride about, but i really would hate to lose that one, especially during the season that Shula died in.

It’s a no-brainer that we want the Ravens to lose. The Steelers could still lose a game after this game. I agree the chance to make the playoffs this year is more important than being the only team with a perfect season 48 years ago. I hope the Steelers don’t do it but I care more about our team this year and moving forward.

Pigs – you guys keep talking about Trump. Y’all need to get over him and move on. I’m not talking about the presidential election. Trump lost. Nothing is going to change that. I’m talking about the GA run offs.

We need Pitt to win tonight to pad our advantage. There are already Pitt and the Browns above us from the north. It is conceivable that 3 teams from the North can get in.

See i dont really thing that matters much, we right now pretty much control our own destiny, we play our best through the end of the season we are in, and if we dont, then we shouldn’t be there anyways and we probably lose int he first round anyways. Id rather Pitt lose and for several reasons, on being i dont like either but i like the Steelers less.

There is a perfect example of how the transmission of covid can happen. You see the guys breath streaming out behind them in the cold as they run. That cloud of moisture from their lungs isn’t only there when it is cold, you can just see it more easily then. That cloud is loaded with whatever that guy has. I noticed a DB chasing a WR and he was in the cloud of the WR’s breath the whole way. LOL

D says:
    December 2, 2020 at 6:03 pm

The problem with this reasoning is we may very well be fucked already then. Losing our first two games, both inside the division, this year could count us out when the numbers get tight at the end of the year.

A win will jump the ravens over us in the playoff race. I care MUCH more about our playoff chances / scenarios THIS YEAR than some 50 year old record that means NOTHING to our chances this season. The possibility that we can win 10 games and still not get into the playoffs (as has happened to us twice in recent memory) is worse to me than there only being 5 more shots to stop their undefeated season.

Besides, NE already beat Miami’s win record. They just lost in the SB. SOOOOOOO, we should all root for the Steelers to win all the way to the conference game (which would help our chances of getting in) and then have US beat them in the conference game to stop the undefeated season at the same time.

THERE!

Piggy – People started losing confidence in our elections when Gore sued. Then in 2016 when the democrats claimed Russian interference and spent the next 4-years acting like spoiled 3-year olds who didn’t get the candy they wanted. Your party created Trump. Don’t whine and whinge because he is acting just like your side did.

These are really false equivalencies to what trump is doing now – it’s no surprise at this point after the last 4 years, it’s the only way anyone ever defended trump, it’s almost expected now that some one says “you did it first”

Trust me: I’m not whining. I’m laughing. Keep doing it. I’m all for it. But make no mistake about it, it is in line with the sort of things trump did before the election, that cost him the election, and he’s still got the biggest mircrophone in the party, so it might cost the GA Republican candidates in January too

It’s very hard to inspire people to take the time the vote out of one side of the mouth, and then question the integrity of elections out of the other. That’s a difficult balancing act to try to play.

My prediction for Georgia is it goes 1 for 1
      But if anything can sway it to go 2-0 in favor of the democrats, it’s exactly what the party as doing as a whole right now concerning November’s results

I gotta admit I find Rock’s scenario with Parker scorching MFFF for the win VERY enticing!

I’m wholeheartedly with Piggy and D. Getting a playoff game in a rebuild year isn’t worth nearly as much to me as having an unassailable position when talking smack with friends or other teams’ fans about team legacy. Protect the undefeated season. If we were legitimate SB contenders, I’d probably feel different.

For those who cherish a playoff game more, the Ravens losing this game is a pretty important for us. Their only other potential loss is the Browns unless they drop one to a bottom dweller. And projecting us to lose to the Bills and Chiefs, we need them to get two more losses.

• pheloniusphish says:

There’s nothing more important than winning now. I’m a Marine so tradition and history is very important. But history ain’t shit if it means losing today.

We control our own destiny. So if we ‘win now’, we’ll make the playoffs. We don’t have to root for a Ravens loss.

Nobody is saying don’t take care of our own business. But the Ravens losing is better for us. I for one will be more bummed out if we fall short of the playoffs than the Steelers going undefeated. Live in the moment not in the past.

I’m not trying to change your position, I’m just defending my own. I understand being in a minority.

I still talk smack with football fans all the time, so the undefeated season matters to me, it’s relative to me now, not just in the past.

It’s all good. At this stage of my life no football fans of other teams I talk to even care about the perfect season. They say okay, when’s the last time you won anything?

Exactly, we haven’t won shit in 4 decades, and haven’t been consistently good for 2, so the undefeated team is all we have at this point, lol.

Phish – Props for the Parker/MFFF scenario. I LOVE IT!!

It doesn’t matter anyway, the Ravens aren’t winning this game.

CavalierKong says:
    December 2, 2020 at 6:27 pm

The Ravens don’t jump us with a win. We will still have a better conference record (4-3 to 5-4)

it depends Kong, the tie breaker between TWO teams is different than between THREE teams or more, but after eliminations by tie breakers (I.e. one of the 3 is eliminated) then you go back to the two team tie breaker

The FIRST tiebreaker between two teams, regardless of which division they are in, is best won-lost-tied percentage inside the division.

Either way, it is over now and I got what I wanted so NEENER NEENER FUCKING NEENER

December 2, 2020 at 3:51 pm
    Phish

____________________________________________

Fl has a republican Governor who doesn’t support fraud, all the states in question are run by Dems. its so blatant it’s ridiculous at 1 am in michigan; biden registered 100s of thousands of votes in 1 hr in the middle of the night, on a bar graph you can see the ridiculous spike, the graph was steady up to that point. and this happened in all the dem swing states.
    you see the one sided media and big tech, even if i was a dem what the left has done over the past 4 years should raise an eyebrow at least. the left are corrupt, they are not for the people their main goal is to enrich themselves, that’s why they crave power.

I know most of you will defend the left without regard for what’s right or what’s wrong, that’s what disappoints me around here.

i think that the supreme court may overturn this election, we shall see

When Trump won it was the Russians. Trump loses it’s voter fraud. Next election it will be aliens were involved. I’m sick of all of it.

He didn’t register voters at 1am, they closed the polls at 8pm

Michigan allows same day registration but those were not ones the voted last. The last votes and the late night votes were largely mail in ballots

They counted mail in ballots last. Trump and republicans attacked mail in ballots for months leading up to the election – so it shouldn’t surprise anyone that mail in ballots fell in favor of democrats.

Also the ways votes are counted and reported by the media is completely misleading (which is not the fault of the media). They are reported in batches. It has always been this way. We don’t report each vote the second they are cast. We ask counties to count their ballots and then report their findings. And the biggest counties in the urban areas take longer to do that. That’s isn’t fraud. You don’t really know of an in person vote at 1pm was reported at 1am. You only know when it was reported not when it was cast.

We’ve seen this in elections since we were kids. When different regions with different leanings report votes they always sway the outcome. Suddenly it’s an issue for trump supporters….I wonder why….

There isn’t a path for the scotus to overturn the election. The sooner you guys realize it the better it is for you. At best there is a path for them to invalidate the certification of some states. There’s an open door for that to happen in PA. But that won’t change who the winner is by itself. The bullshit Trump and his acolytes are throwing out there is just fundraising. Trump knows he lost.

• ocalarob says:

just watched trump briefing where he showed the graphs in multiple states, this election stinks to hi heaven. i could go on for instance how Biden didn’t even rally, but i won’t because i know you will just twist everything in favor of the left.

be careful what you wish for, cant wait to see how corrupt these run offs are.

Wow… the trump press conference announced why they think the election is questionable….now it’s really over

Did Kayleigh McEnemy waive a binder around?
        Did Rudy G leak on the stage?
        Did four season landscaping limit the time?
        Did Sidney Powell call herself the Kraken only for Trump to claim she’s not his attorney?

It’s almost like showmanship or something….

if it were up to me i would have a revote, get your ass to a poll and vote on a paper ballot, regardless of who won we would know the people selected the winner not the manipulative corrupt hard left.
    i’ve got news for all who voted for Biden, your vote didn’t count, you were disenfranchised by the scumbags you support.

Here’s another thing, rooting for this or that doesn’t mean anything. Just like some of you are saying we control our own destiny, so do the Steelers. They either go undefeated or they don’t. I don’t think they will, but our rooting has nothing to do with any of it. Just like rooting for your fantasy football team means nothing. 😉

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong. When I root for something it happens. If it doesn’t, I’ll claim fraud and cry a lot, lol.

Clearly, the reason we lost the Broncos game is because I didn’t root hard enough. I got complacent. I won’t let that happen again…until the Chiefs game. 😉

CavalierKong says:
    December 2, 2020 at 7:15 pm

_______________________________________

everyone knows the refs in the Bronco game were also the hard left ballot counters!

Maybe whether we can root for Pitt to win or not is moot
    But we can still hope they all forget their next game is on a Sunday

We’re the #2 scoring defense, the best 3rd down defense and we have excellent STs. The offense is up and down but okay. Why can’t we succeed in the playoffs and go further than some might expect?

LOL! Ahhhhhhh

Thanks that was a cathartic laugh.

Gotta love when people post stuff and you have no idea what they’re talking about. LOL

Well that is only because you are not a narcissist, otherwise you would always think that posts are about you. don’t you? don’t you? don/t Youuuuuuuuuu.

Okay but I still don’t know what you’re referring too. It would be like me posting wow that was really funny as a new post. What was funny? 😉

Change of subject to one of the great debates of our time:

Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Discuss.

Well, I need to know your position first, otherwise, how can I argue it? lol

Yea Die Hard is a Christmas movie

Well, I want to argue, but I agree. It’s got snow, they sing Let it Snow and Winter Wonderland, he has a giant stuffed teddy bear, Ho-ho-ho is used prominently, it’s Christmas eve. lol

BEEN ULTRA BUSY the last few days. Finally, I’ve got about 5 minutes.
    PIGSTER: Happy 29th birthday you frisky porker. Hope you had what you needed that day!!
    ——————
    ELEPHANT RIDER: Saw your negative comments on Miami playing the day after Christmas.
    WOULD YOU PREFER THEY PLAY CHRISTMAS DAY??
    ——————
    On Christmas Day, Dec. 25, 1972, the Dolphins played in the AFC semi-finals at Kansas City’s Municipal Stadium. It would be the final game at the former home of the Kansas City Athletics who, by this time, had moved to Oakland.
    —————–
    No one outside of Florida thought Miami had a chance against the powerful Chiefs, who had won Super Bowl IV eleven months ago over the Vikings. Yet, when the dust settled, Miami had won “The Longest Game” in double overtime on a Yepremian 37 yard field goal!! THIS Christmas brought Dolfans everywhere the gift of Miami’s FIRST EVER PLAYOFF VICTORY!! i’LL NEVER FORGET IT!!!
    —————–
    EIGHT days later head coach Don Shula would lead his team to a 21-0 VICTORY over the Baltimore Colts in the AFC Championship Game played in the historic Orange Bowl in front of a TOTALLY FRENZIED STADIUM PACKED WITH DOLFANS!!!
    —————–
    iN HIS second season, Shula had taken his team from just 3 wins to a spot in the SUPER BOWL!!
    Who needs a “3 Year Plan?” –NOT the Don of Miami!!!
    —————-
    The Dolphins would eventually lose to Dallas in Super Bowl VI. But, in the next two seasons, Miami would go 32-2 and claim TWO CONSECUTIVE SUPER BOWL TITLES. My wildest dreams for this expansion team in the AFL HAD COME TRUE!!!
    —————
    SO I’M totally OK with Miami playing PLAYOFF FOOTBALL ON DECEMBER 24, 25 ,26, or whatever date the NFL has in mind. –JUST WIN, BABY!!

My cheering as a fan doesn’t matter? Really? I suppose there’s no fat, jolly guy in a red suit who’s gonna land on my roof in a magical sleigh pulled by flying reindeer, shimmy his fat ass down my nonexistent chimney and toss the present I asked for in the letter i sent to him at the North Pole under my well lit tree later this month either???? WTF?

I’d typed a similar post but deleted it. Nobody likes to hear that stuff. Lol

Diehard isn’t only a Christmas movie, it is my favorite Christmas movie.

oh oh the Madalorian and baby Yoda on Fortnite

We have to win this week because we’re the better team and we need to get to 8-4 with the next 4 games that are going to be tough. Not only that, if we’re 8-4 there is good chance we’ll be televised nationally a couple of more times – Chiefs and Bills? We’re already nationally televised the day after Christmas on Saturday against the Raiders.

It also sounds like the Steelers lost Bud Dupree for the rest of the year with an Achilles. That’s a big loss. Feel bad for him, he’s a really good player.

Kong

The music is what makes Die Hard a Xmas movie to me too

PIGGY: IN YOUR HONOR, we refrained from any ham or pork products on Thanksgiving. And we’ll do the same for Christmas, too! Needless to say, we were also “Pork Free” on your Birthday!

Piggy says, “These are really false equivalencies“

Ah, the old “false equivalencies” argument. When I can’t refute a point I’ll call it a false equivalency.

It’s not refuted if what you are comparing is something that’s not equal or greater

I guess it’s a matter of opinion of whether it’s equal or greater

But if you are forced to really look at the facts, details and circumstances of the comparison you made
      And one doesn’t stack up

It didn’t refute anything and that’s a false equivalency

So it’s an old argument
      But it’s an effective argument bc a lot of the time, that’s exactly what a comparison is – a false equivalency

I don’t know about when other people say it, but when I say it, I’m doing so in hopes of some one going back, looking at the two (or 3) things they compared an realizing that they are not the same at all

And Die Hard is totally a Christmas movie. Only communists think other wise.

PHELON: ONE TIME (when I was between marriages) I watched “Patton” and “JAWS” on Christmas weekend. Seemed perfectly normal to me.

• pheloniusphish says:

Seems right to me. Although every time I’ve been between marriages watching movies was pretty far down on my activities….

Never thought of Die Hard as a Christmas movie but it’s not a film that I’m totally into either. To each their own.

Glad Steelers won. It makes our path a little easier

118. ElephantRider says:

I never thought of Die Hard as a Christmas movie.

I actually don’t love Die Hard either but I’ve seen it about 2000 times now

Pigs – You implied that Trump was the cause of the lack of confidence in the electoral system. My stance is that the distrust began with Gore, who was the first to sue over the results of an election and the distrust was exacerbated by the democrat’s refusal to accept that Trump won after the 2016 election. To be fair it wasn’t just the Democrats; it was also the neocon establishment that did everything they could to undermine the legitimacy of the election. Russian collusion, impeachment, violent riots…that’s all on your sides plate. To now blame Trump because his supporters don’t trust the process is hypocrisy. Pot meet kettle.

Not true that the Democrats refused to accept the 2016 election. Hillary Clinton called Trump on election night conceding the election and gave a concession speech the next day. Yes subsequently the House of Representatives by way of Robert Mueller investigated whether Trump colluded with the Russia during the 2016 election as a result of the fact that Michael Flynn lied to senior White House staff in particular Vice President Pence. Mueller found several people close to Trump had significant contact with Russia during the campaign but found no evidence that Trump colluded with Russia during the 2016 campaign and no action was taken by the house and or the Democrats against Trump regarding the 2016 campaign. Subsequent to Mueller’s report it was learned that Trump was seeking to hold back military aid to the Ukraine that had been voted on and approved by congress for the purposes of obtaining what Trump believed was comprising information about Joe Biden for purposes of the 2020 election. It was at that point the Democrats began the impeachment process. It had nothing to do with the 2016 election

Flynn lied about contacts with Russia to Pence^

• Krishna says:

Thus, false equivalence…..

• pheloniusphish says:

Mueller’s politically driven fishing trip was predicated on the Steele Dossier which was fabricated by Democratic operatives linked to the Clintons. None of “contacts” were illegal or even questionable. The impeachment was never about anything legitimate. It was a sham. When they couldn’t prove their original claims, they made up some new ones. Both were nothing more than attempts to overturn the will of the people as expressed by the election. An attempted coup. If holding back aid to the Ukraine was impeachable then The process should start for Biden now since he bragged about doing it. Then we got to listen to the democrats and their socialist and anarchist allies whine for four years while they tried to destroy cities and rule by mob. ‘He’s not my President.” Now, like the spoiled 3-year olds you’ve been channeling, you don’t want to accept that you are the reason for the lack of trust in our election process. Bravo.

That is factually inaccurate PP. I detailed the facts above. The impeachment proceedings had nothing to do with the 2016 election. The Mueller report had very little to do with Steele dossier. What prompted the Mueller investigation was the fact that Trump fired Flynn for lying about contacts with Russia to Pence. The initial decision to investigate had nothing to do with the Steele dossier. These are facts not opinion

Also what Biden did with the Ukraine is very different than what Trump did with Ukraine. Trump was seeking a personal benefit that had nothing to do with any established policy objectives of our government. In fact it was against our established policy objectives. What Biden did was to deliver a message that our country’s objective was for the Ukraine to rid itself of corruption. There was no personal gain or benefit sought as in what Trump tried to do. Again this is fact not opinion

My final thought as I beat this horse to death is that if you ask for my opinions I thought the Mueller investigation was warranted and useful in that foreign interference in our electoral is a significant threat to this country. It was useful in that it identified and led to the indictments against I believe 13 Russian agents. I think it came to the right conclusion not to take any action against the President. On the contrary I the Democrats decision to pursue impeachment over Trump’s action was a mistake. Not because what Trump did was proper and within acceptable Presidential norms as it was not. Rather impeachment is a political decision not a legal one and I did not believe the country had the political will to impeach the President. I believe pursuing impeachment further divided the country and did little to help the lives of every day Americans. I think the Democrats would have been better served to have put their efforts into a policy agenda that would have focused on health care and tax reform. I think the decision to pursue impeachment would have cost the Democrats the White House in 2020 but the subsequent event of the Pandemic. Those are my opinions. I am done with the topic. Go Phins

This is a good read. I didn’t realize everything Boyer is bringing to the table.

Washington out on Wed with a hammy. We lose RBs quicker than we can set ’em up, lol. It’s not clear if either Gaskin or Ahmed will be ready to go this weekend so it may be the Breida and Laird show.

• pheloniusphish says:

That’s why they shouldn’t draft them early. Although I do wish Miami could find their next Ricky Williams. Without the weed thing.

124. ElephantRider says:

I like vodka

Houston needs to get back to their losing ways.

Ken says:
    December 3, 2020 at 10:30 am
    _________________________________________

It amazes me how the hard left media has brainwashed you!

Bidens personal gain was for family wealth, are you forgetting about Hunter Biden being on the board of Burisma, a power co he had no knowledge of running.

Why would they hire Hunter and pay him millions? is that a relevant question?

The prosecutor who was investigating Burisma had caught them defrauding Ukraine and multiple tax evasion fines that were in the millions.
    The only reason Hunter was given a job was so Burisma could get this prosecutor fired.
    and Joe went right along with that as long as his son was on the payroll using our tax US dollars to keep his son in Business with corruption. in fact he bragged about it on film!

Ukraine was forced to make a choice 1 Billion in aide or keep going after Burisma for petty million dollar fines.

Trump had a phone call asking them to look into this situation.
    “do me a favor can you look into that for me” that sentence right there was the basis for the impeachment!
    Never did he say or imply that he would withhold aide unless they complied.

Get your facts straight, you sound like Adam Schiff!

Make no mistake, the decision that will be made under a Biden office will go to the highest bidder!

So you are saying there’s a “Biden Office”….lol

• ocalarob says:

You probably haven’t heard being the “SITH” your are :),

there is a new office called “the fraudulent office of the president elect”

I don’t care what it’s called

I only care that it’s real and there isn’t enough oil leaking out of Rudy guiliani’s head to change that

If Trump wants to make a public ass of himself on the way out, I’m gonna warm up some 🍿

I really hope it continues – rather than saying “what did I do wrong?” Or “what can we do differently?” The Republican Party is being lead by Trump in a much different direction. I’m kind of excited to see what the results will be.

i just wonder how much crack Hunter will smoke in the white house?

You are the first Republican to mention Hunter Biden since the election

It worked out really well for you guys to plant your flag in the hunter Biden allegations in hopes of riding it to a White House win…lol

Please by all means, keep it up through the Georgia Senate runoffs

it’s funny how the left have blinders on about Biden but have 20-20 vision into Trump. they always defend the left and crucify the right. there is no middle ground for them.

i don’t do things that way, please show me one instance where Trump has defrauded the Govt, please show me anything that Trump has done not only illegally but in bad faith to this country.
    i will listen to any real proof of that.
    Trump is squeaky clean.

There’s a laundry list of Biden corruption, but keep up the support all you little lambs.

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Joe Bidens brother and son will be lining up with China to get paid.
    the agenda for the Biden clan is generational wealth.

that will influence foreign policy

December 3, 2020 at 11:22 am
    You are the first Republican to mention Hunter Biden since the election
    _____________________________________
    Ken says:
    December 3, 2020 at 11:39 am
    Says the man who gets his information from Wiki…
    ______________________________________

are you of the opinion that there was no corruption on Bidens part?

I really think both of you are smart enough to know there was.

but what puzzles me is you throw a blind eye to this, you actually defend that corruption.

that’s the real head scratcher!

if i steal your wallet will you support me as well?

NEW BLOG UP!!!