Game 11 – Dolphins @ Jets

Somethings gotta give. The Dolphins and Jets are tied at 55-55 with 1 tie in their history. Sunday’s game against the Jets will have one franchise slightly ahead of the other. The reports are that long time veteran Joe Flacco will be the starting QB in this matchup. It appears as if the Jets want to win this game, rather than give Mike White who looked like Superman against the Bengals but then played like Clark Kent against the Buffalo Bills. It seems as if the Jets have had enough of that fairy tale. The fact that Zach Wilson isn’t playing means the Jets want the “W” rather than see more of their rookie QB Zach Wilson. Maybe the Dolphins defensive efforts against the Ravens has Jets HC Robert Saleh thinking he’d rather not subject his young QB to that type of punishment. It could well be a combination of both.

The Dolphins are riding the crest of a 2 game win streak as they fly north to play their division rivals. These two teams know each other backwards and forwards, they play twice a year and couldn’t be any more familiar than they already are. The Jets are struggling on both sides of the ball, 26th in the NFL scoring 17.9 PPG and 32nd in the NFL on defense allowing 32.9 PPG. The Dolphins in comparison are also not NFL royalty as they are 28th offensively scoring only 17.7 PPG and on defense have improved recently to 24th, allowing 25.2 PPG. Basically, not much of a difference between the 3-7 Dolphins and the 2-7 Jets.

Flacco over the years has had success against the Dolphins, a 6-1 record, but the 6 victories were when Flacco was a member of the Baltimore Ravens. Flacco’s only meeting with the Dolphins as Jets QB was last year in October when the Dolphins defense hounded Flacco, so much so he finished with a 50.0 QBR completing less than 50% of his pass attempts and finished with no TD’s and 1 INT. The Dolphins would love nothing better to repeat that performance on Sunday.

The Jets best offensive player thus far this season has been their rookie RB Michael Carter. The Jets took Carter in the 4th RD last year he’s been a spark on this offense. On the other end of the scale, their most disappointing player has been WR Denzel Mims. Much like the Dolphins hoped DeVante Parker would play like it was 2019, the Jets hoped Denzel Mims would finally emerge as their big target WR. Mims 6’3 207 was a 2nd RD pick in 2020 and he hasn’t shown the Jets a whole lot to build on. He has only 7 receptions for 129 yards on the season. He’s on pace to finish with less production than last season as he had 23 receptions for 357 yards. Mims has yet to score an NFL TD. Surely now, it will happen this week. I have that kind of power! FWIW, Mims in COVID-19 status and may miss the game, so I guess he may not score that TD after all.

Last week, the defense was the story. I don’t mind if that continues but my hope is the Dolphins offense shows a little something Sunday. I’d love Tua to have a strong game and I’d love to see us run the ball effectively and more often. If anyone is interested, since Jakeem Grant’s departure, Jevon Holland is just a tick behind Grant on punt returns, Grant averaged 8.3 YPR while Holland is at 7.0 YPR. Kick returns show a larger disparity with Grant averaging 23 yards per return while Waddle is averaging 18.3 YPR and Gaskin 14.5 YPR. To be fair, it’s such a small sample it’s nearly irrelevant, only 2 returns for Grant and 8 combined for Waddle and Gaskin. Kickoffs are almost routinely sailing into the endzone for touchbacks. All hail NFL SAFETY!!!!

The Dolphins are most likely not involved in an AFC playoff race and our division rival New England Patriots have opened up a lead on us at 7-4. We do potentially have a “soft” schedule for the next 4 facing the Jets this weekend and again December 19th with the Carolina Panthers (5-5) and the NY Giants (3-6) sandwiched in between. We can revisit this in 4 weeks and see where we’re at. If we’re 7-7, I’ll think we’re a hot team winning 6 in a row, but then we face the Saints and 2 AFC power teams, the Titans and the Patriots. Let’s just take care of one team at a time shall we, beat the Jets this weekend and we’ll take it from there.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

321 Responses to Game 11 – Dolphins @ Jets

1. boulderfinfan says:

Nice write up Mike. Go phins!

When the jests name their starting QB

Good write Mike, and about how I see things for rest of season

Having a Wheel of Time party at my house tonight to watch the 3 episodes that dropped today. Hoping it’s decent 🤞🤞

Remember that stretch where it seemed we couldn’t win against the Jets, losing to the likes of Ray Lucas and nonsense.

Mike E — great pre-game write up. No this team can’t take any team for granted, but least this time around it is the Jets. Not to mention MetLife Takeover, which both you, I, Pig, Ken, Tim and Brian NY know something about.

• sb7mvp says:

We were going to go to this game, but decided against it.

Any time a Dolphins game is in play near you has to be a thought, but MetLife takeover is sorta special. Even if can’t grab tix in their sections can get right next to them on stubhub. If you didn’t click on the link….see what it is like. They literally “take over” two full sections.

• sb7mvp says:

Yeah I know about the Metlife takeover, it just isn’t my thing. I really don’t like watching sports games live either, but I’ll do it sometimes.

Well then sounds like a South FLA vacation combined with hanging out with all your friends from the board would be more your style. Yeah there is a live game involved and no the group not as big as at Metlife, but imagine watching a game with Son saying this about the last play to your right, MIke E to your left, Pig right behind you, Toba in front of you, etc, etc. And of course everyone had mixed the night before and at the tailgate.

Thanks Stanger

Bill Arnsparger with some old school smoke and mirrors.

• Krishna says:

That was awesome! The No Names, but the fans knew everyone of them!

I loved Manny, Nick, Jake, Dick, Marlon, Vern, Evans…lol, who am I missing???

Stacy fled and then he came back. Sounds like he talked to someone with some common sense.
    ————————————————
    “Former NFL running back Zac Stacy has been charged with two felonies following the release of a viral video of him appearing to assault his ex-girlfriend, Kristin Evans. Stacy, 30, was arrested on Thursday and charged with aggravated battery, a second-degree felony, and criminal mischief, a third-degree felony.

The Orange County Police Department said law enforcement received information that Stacy was boarding a flight from Nashville to Orlando Thursday evening with the intent to turn himself in after previously fleeing.

He was arrested once his flight arrived and is currently being held at Orange County Jail.”

Kong,

I know some purists that hated it but trying to go in open minded. You’ll have to let me know your thoughts. I’m probably waiting until next week when I have more time.

On R Scott Bakker, great writer but that ending…ugh. The second half wasn’t as good as you mentioned. Very memorable but I haven’t had an ending I like this poorly since Sword of Shannara.

It is impressive when you end a series not liking anyone lol. It had good insight into the human condition and our frailties. I’m still glad I started and finished it.

New Age,

With Bakker, yeah, the 2nd series was pretty disappointing. Whenever I re-read those books I stop after the original trilogy. I’m cracking up at your line about ending with not liking anyone because it hits home perfectly for me. It’s a pretty fascinating series in that regard. Even the Thomas Covenant Chronicles, which has one of the most unlikeable protagonists ever created, there are still plenty of secondary and tertiary characters you can appreciate and like as people such as Foamfollower, Bannor, etc.

Regarding WOT, no doubt the purists that want a direct word for word adaptation will be unhappy, which is to be expected. I am going in fully expecting a very different story and character changes because the medium requires it. No way can you tell the story we know from the books the same way for the TV show. I’m ok with that.

As long as it is well acted and the story they tell is told well, I can live with any number of changes. I’m just excited to see some of these characters brought to life. I’ll be sure to post my thoughts about it.

Cheers, my friend 🙂

Least X has the two fumble recoveries that pretty much won games.
    ————————————————–
    “The passer rating against Howard when targeted is 98.2, more than double the 48.3 of 2020, according to pro-football-reference.com. The 98.2 ranks 156th among all NFL players who have been targeted at least 15 times.”

I’m surprised, but here it is. Just hope there are no riots.
    ———————-
    “Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager who killed two people and shot another during unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, was acquitted of first-degree intentional homicide and four other felony charges on Friday.”

Justice is served, there may be hope for us after all

Don’t know enough about the specifics of Wisconsin law to say whether justice was served or not (but maybe you do). Pretty darn sure this teenager got a weapon he shouldn’t have had and drove from Illinois to where some riots were going on. And then freaked out. Can guarantee if was him no one would have been shot. But then I’m an adult.

That’s not all you don’t know enough about, seems you just plucked a few MSM talking points out and ran with it

All your assumptions are wrong, and the jury agreed

Steve — can you explain what you are not agreeing with? When you call me wrong it is hard for me to respond when don’t know what you think is wrong.

You said he got a weapon he shouldn’t have had. It was legal for him to have that weapon in Wisc, on the other hand Gaige who he shot didn’t have a concealed weapons permit.

He was already staying in Wisc,he didn’t drive over to cause trouble, he was there to protect a business and help anyone injured.

He didn’t freak out, the guy he shot threatened to kill him and the other guy with a rifle, then came at him

Rittenhouse had every right to be there

I suppose it was Ok for those protestors to destroy private property at the car dealers and other businesses

I thought he had a friend buy the weapon for him cause he was underage. Is that wrong?

And on why he was there you have info I don’t. He’s not from Illinois? He was living in Wisconsin on a security job? Kid was 17.

And yeah he freaked out. Lots of people on that street, many of them armed. He shot 3 people in 3 separate incidences.

Scared of a skate board or feet and hands? I would have laughed at that at his age. I’m not saying the verdict was wrong as to self defense. I’m saying the kid freaked out.

And why would you think I believe it OK to destroy car dealerships? Never even said it wasn’t OK to fully arm and protect their car lots….. cause that is what I do believe.

Because your comments are always one sided, you only make a comment about it when called out

Most people, that don’t think it’s OK for these protestors to destroy private property say it

When you go along with the protestors what else should I believe

How about next time you just ask me instead of assuming what I think….. which includes think rioters bad.

And how did I go along with the protestors? Saddens me that 3 got shot and 2 died. Doesn’t it you?

My point was a 17 year old kid got scared out of a situation of his own making. He walked into it armed and pulled the trigger 3 times. Am also ensuring you wouldn’t have happened if was me. But then he was a scared kid. You think he didn’t have ways for it not to happen? No one else got shot that night. And not saying verdict was wrong.

I don’t need to ask, I go by what you’ve said over time, that carries more weight

You don’t have to play both, just be who you are

• ocalarob says:

Steve are you a Wisconsin lawyer? I’m just wondering why Stanger would ask if you knew more about Wisconsin law? or is that a subtle shot across the bow due to a difference of opinion?

Steve — but in this case you assumed I thought something which I didn’t. You feel better just assuming what you want to think I think or know what I actually think?

Orob — I honestly don’t know much about Wisconsin gun and self defense law. But steve might know more, especially cause has been in the news a lot cause of the case. You think he doesn’t?

• ocalarob says:

I think due to your opposite stance on the matter you took a shot at him, now you’re back tracking, same shit different day

• ocalarob says:

i doubt anyone has to know about wisconsin law to look at that video and form an opinion whatever that may be.

During dramatic testimony on the witness stand on November 10, Kyle Rittenhouse explained that his father lived in Kenosha, which is why he was in that city, in addition to working in the area as a lifeguard.

Thanks. Knew he had some contact with the city cause that is where his buddy who bought the AR-15 for him lives. Explains why.

And of course that is what you think ORob. Makes no sense but gives you another hit. You are a fun guy.

• ocalarob says:

I think You’re a good guy at heart stanger, and that’s all that matters

And I think you believe yourself the merry prankster.

• ocalarob says:

why would you say (but maybe you do), why not just leave it at you “Don’t know enough about the specifics of Wisconsin law”

Makes perfect sense, bless her heart

ORob — cause steve could know more about Wisconsin law on this than I do. Already explained why mentioned that. Why do you need it repeated?

November 19, 2021 at 3:53 pm

And steve — it was great to meet you at the Fest. The folks you came with were real cool as well. Appreciated you paying for the ticket you didn’t need without discussion. Have run into problems with that before.

• ocalarob says:

why would you think Steve would no more about the law than an attorney?

• ocalarob says:

anybody can look at that video an unless they have some secretive agenda know that was self defense, the district attorney should be fired for waisting tax payers dollars on that. I guess he was afraid of the left as to the reason there was a trial.

“But steve might know more, especially cause has been in the news a lot cause of the case” — put that out 4 minutes ago. And no am not an admin today either.

November 19, 2021 at 1:15 pm
    ___

The only thing that sounds different would be the temperature I’m sitting in.

LOL — it’s a real good time. One of the best times have had in my life. And folks are a lot more mellow than on the board. Only for you to consider.

Having never read Wheel of Time, I’m really looking forward to watching the series. I feel like I’m set up for much less disappointment than those who have read it. lol

All I know is I am confident all the women won’t be ‘sniffing’ and ‘harumphing’ every bloody second in the TV show, so it will already be a triumph in that regard, lol.

LOL, You are probably right. Jordan’s writing was a bit on the misogynistic side. For having SOOOOOOOO many female characters they all did tend to be very catty.

New Age & Kong, I am excited to watch WOT tonight as well. I am already disappointed in the casting because I think they went way to PC and had to be “Inclusive” when there was plenty of opportunity to be “inclusive” with dozen’s of other non-lead characters. I watched the teaser / trailer and already do not like Matrim Cauthon’s actor. Mat did NOT sport a scragly beard. Perrin grew one later, but Mat and a bunch of the others do not follow Jordan’s descriptions. Don’t like the guy the picked for Lan at all either.

Gonna, smoke a bowl and clear my mind of my preconceived (CONCEIVED BY JORDAN FOR FUCK SAKES!) notions and hope to enjoy it.

Been waiting 20 years for this. Broke my Anti-Amazon embargo to sing up for prime video JUST to see it. I hope I am not too disappointed.

Update on Malazan Book of the Fallen;

I’m about 2 chapters from the end of Gardens of the Moon. It was a tough slog to begin. I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to get into it because of they way Erikson jumped around in time without explanation and introduced characters without names, just long hard to follow descriptions and then naming them later I found it hard to follow. (also have not had hours at a span to read, only like enough to read a chapter or two)

Now that I have gotten deeper into the story I have the characters mostly formed in my head and can follow who is doing what it has gotten much better. I am looking forward to what is going to happen now that the Bridgeburners have met with the local Daru (and seem to be contemplating desertion from the Empire?)

Someone had posted on here that one of their favorite characters of all time was Anomander Rake. Again, on in the first book, but he is too “distant’ to be a likable character at this time. How do you relate to someone who is 300K years old?

Cav

That is a swing and a miss too!

Not to go off on a tangent, but Perrin is NOT taller than Rand, Lan is NOT a short, thin Asian guy and Moiraine was a tiny woman NOT the same height as Lan!

I think the Lan guy just looks short in the previews. The actor is 6’2″

In the trailer there are some scenes where he looks the same height as Moiraine. Lan was almost of a height with Rand and broader “a face of stone and chilling blue eyes. He is very tall with shoulder-length hair graying at the temples, held back by a leather headband called a hadori.”

The Moraine actress is pretty tall, so that might be throwing it off too.

Lan is supposed to be the same height as Rand (both around 6’5″) and is bigger in the chest though Rand has broader shoulders. Perrin is supposed to be slightly shorter than Rand and Lan and built bigger than both.

And this is exactly the kind of stuff that really doesn’t matter to me. I’d much rather they be good actors than the exact height they are supposed to be, lol.

Although part of Lan’s deal is he is flat out intimidating without having to do anything other than be who he is, and height is a part of that.

Rock,

Regarding The Malazan series, Anomander Rake is one of my all-time favorite characters, and it’s funny, one of my best friends told me nearly the same thing you said (how can you relate to a guy hundreds of thousands of years old?) I will only say, the first book you only get a taste of Rake, he is a major character in the series.

If you found the first book difficult because of the characters and jumps, get ready for a ton of that. It’s one of the hallmarks of the series. Although Gardens of the Moon wasn’t originally going to be a long series, and IMO it kind of sticks out as a starter book. The stories get tighter, even if still hard to follow as they progress.

Pretty much every new book starts out in a different place in the world, and/ or with different main characters although a lot of them are characters you have been introduced to. Main characters in one book are secondary or tertiary in the next, and vise vera. Then the next book may come back to some characters you already know, but each new book introduces new characters all the way till the very end (which annoyed some readers- “why are you introducing a new people in the last book?!”).

Erickson is all about convergence. Each book begins with sort of new characters and/ or story and the plot is all about driving those different people/ races/ powers together and seeing what happens. Then the entire series is also doing the same thing on a macro level although that isn’t apparent until later on. All the different storylines and plots eventually converging into the major arc of the series. And you’ll have no clue about what that true arc is until like the last book or two, lol.

Deadhouse Gates and Memories of Ice are two wonderful fantasy books IMO and they are also gut-wrenching to read at times. All I’ll say is ‘The Chain of Dogs’ and ‘Felsin’s story’ and leave it at that.

IMO, if you get through those books and aren’t sure if you like the series, you probably won’t like it any better as it progresses.

Just for kicks, anyone feel that the word matchup should be a real word, instead of match up? Asking for a guy who writes it every fucking week and has to see red lines underneath it inferring that I’ve spelled it wrong. 🙂

Matchup is a real word, Mike E.

Why does spellcheck always say it’s wrong then?

You’re either using a bad version of a spellcheck, or an out-of-date version.

matchup
        [ˈmaCHəp]
        NOUN
        NORTH AMERICAN
        a contest between athletes or sports teams.
        “a matchup of two twenty-something pitchers wondering what it is like to win in the majors”

I hope this helps ya, Bro.

It just makes me feel less insecure about myself. I was feeling very insecure, like my shadow is always there, following me. I’m very scared. Can you help me? Maybe?

23. Krishna says:

Lmao, the fucking book club!

24. Krishna says:

Oh, and thank you Mike E….lol

25. bailbondmike says:

My Friday video before I crash this evening. Jelly Roll’s new release.

Book clubs are for girls!

Stanger – Rittenhouse could legally possess a rifle at 17. Now the person who bought the gun for him could be in trouble (unless they were related and he gifted it) since that could constitute a straw man purchase.

Regarding the lethality of a skateboard:
    Skateboard is just another blunt instrument. No less deadly than a club. As for hands and feet, lots of people have been beat to death with nothing more. And it was a mob action, the most likely place for it to happen.

Kid actually responded with a lot of restraint. Only shot the ones that were directly attacking him. Could have panicked and opened fire on the whole crowd chasing him. Also only hit the ones he was shooting at. All three of whom were violent felons and needed to be shot.

I agree,

but we still don’t know enough about Wisconsin law to know if justice was served dammit!

You are military trained. I am sports trained. You gonna tell me that if either one of us was there with an AR-15 that we would have shot 3 people?

Were a lot of other armed people there that night and Rittenhouse is the only one who shot anyone.

And I am not saying as it turned out he had rightful self-defense claims. I’m saying a scared kid shot 3 people. He was in over his head.

• pheloniusphish says:

Rittenhouse did not instigate the event. That was Rosenbaum. Maybe it was because he saw Rittenhouse as a kid and thought he wouldn’t pull the trigger. If so he died of his own stupidity.

In the same circumstances that he was, attacked by a mob, I certainly would have shot all three. Maybe it wouldn’t have escalated the same way, but it all started with Rosenbaum and given he was released from a mental hospital earlier that day for a suicide attempt, it is unlikely he would have done anything different. Regardless of who was holding the rifle.

November 19, 2021 at 3:59 pm
    ————–
    Curious response, LOL.

YES, just get a new and up-to-date spell-checker, man! The one that came with my computer was absolutely horrible and I can relate to you. There are quite a few on the market (for free) and there’s no ONE that is better than the other.

I’m sensing this blog is going to turn into a very bad place in a mere matter of hours… just sayin’, and I hope I’m wrong.

Well, they brought the National Guard in now so all should be controlled, although they could have done that before those protests happened and this would have never happened. Some seem to like anarchy when it suits them, then at other times decry it. What can I say?

Just for the record (not saying anything against ya, my man Mike E), President Trump ordered the National Guard into Kenosha… but the Governor of Wisconsin blocked it.

Have mentioned before, but when was at an inner city law school they canceled classes after the Rodney King verdict. Wasn’t just South Central LA…. was all over the country.

In this case we have a white guy shooting 3 other white guys. Might not have quite the same punch.

CavalierKong says:
    November 19, 2021 at 4:49 pm
    That would be fun even though I have no doubt you’d whip me on the golf course. I’m terrible, lol.
    ______________________________________________-

next time you go, standing at address neutral, as you take the club back move your weight all the way to your left side. (right hander) be totally on your left foot at the top.

then swing away, this will stop you from coming over the top, will move your right side out of the way allowing you to swing from the inside out. it also moves your center point forward helping you to make clean contact, avoiding fat shots, it will also give you a pro finish.

It seems counterintuitive to put my weight forward as I swing backward, but I’ll give it a try next time I hit the driving range. Not that I doubt what you’re saying, I know golf is your thing.

I really don’t play often, whenever I’m in Maui I hit a couple of the courses just because it’s a great way to spend time there, but here I probably only play once or twice a year and hit the range with my buddies a couple more times.

• ocalarob says:

also when you get to your left side at the top, when you come down you use somewhat of a clockwise motion with your arms, drop your arms and hands straight down, you don’t want counter clockwise. that would be moving your arms toward the target line or the ball, (coming over the top) you are dragging the club down all the way through impact, that’s what you want to do, drag it all the way, if you’re not on your left side at the top you start to drag but then it becomes a push thru impact, another power leak and you will spray the ball.
        dragging it thru impact is powerful and precise.
        on your left side at the top lockdown and feel the dragging of the club.

there, i just made you a scratch golfer, where do i send the bill?

• ocalarob says:

as you’re coming down the clud handle should be high and the club head sinking behind you, this is shallowing the club and will give you great lag

I can try to remember some of that, lol. Does all this technique work the same way for Everybody’s Golf on the PS4? I’m pretty good at that already.

• ocalarob says:

most golfers think they shift on the way down to create momentum shifting as they are swinging down. you get to a certain point and your brain has to lock your body down due to the centrifugal force of the club pulling you.

the problem is you don’t lock down in the same position everytime and that creates inconsistency, locking to your left side when you get to the top eliminates that as you are locked in the same position everytime.
      also has great advantages like hitting the ball cleanly and having the room due to your right side being out of the way,
      not getting to your left side causes you to swing around your right side and over the top, or outside the line. that causes you to hit a glancing blow, major power leak.

CavalierKong says:
    November 19, 2021 at 5:05 pm
    It seems counterintuitive to put my weight forward as I swing backward,
    _____________________________________
    it’s awkward at first, do it at home, get use to it first, cross your arms put both hands on your shoulders, turn your shoulders and torso back to the top as you slowly slide to the left. coordinate being all the way on the left as you get to the top, then reach up with your arms and hands as your grabbing the club from behind you and feel the draggyness of dragging your hands and club through impact.
    not only will you kill the ball but your swing will look professional as you’ll end up totally on your left side at finish.
    it won’t take long to get use to that

Do you teach golf or are you just relaying what you’ve learned over the years?

• ocalarob says:

I don’t teach golf, just telling you how i swing, and it works, been playing for 40 years

• ocalarob says:

once you start doing that you will add your own moves as well, i have this thing where i square the club face thruout my swing, i hit it square and solid everytime, i know where my clubface is at every point and that tells my body where it needs to be.
        if you’re not aware of that your clubface could be open or shut at any point in your swing and you get pot luck from that.

Just curious, you obviously know golf, and can pop off with a bunch of technique advice off the top of your head, so I thought you might also teach it.

I’m very good at pool and used to make quite a bit of money hustling and playing tournaments all over northern CA, Reno, and Tahoe, but I couldn’t explain the technique of holding a pool queue or how to properly execute a masse the way you can with golf.

• ocalarob says:

i play pool also, but i’m going to keep that a secret, wouldn’t want to give mike any tips, i enjoy kicking his ass!

all you have to know is shift your weight all the way to your left side as you get to the top, when you start down, drop your arms and hand straight down then swing away.

the rest will automatically come to you.

if i want to hit up on the ball like a driver i adjust my shoulders, i drop my right shoulder a bit, viceversa hitting down on the ball with an iron.

putting and chipping, left side and dragging the club thru no pushing.

20 Mins in and this IS NOT the WOT free license to change the story? fuck Rafe Judkins.

Stanger from above:

That entire mob of people should never have happened. Everyone likes to say peaceful protests but at the core a protest is not peaceful. You don’t like something – it’s a negative vibe. Protests are always going to draw a counter and shit escalates and gets bad for everyone.

Besides the carnage of riots which we all know is bad, the peaceful protests also leave a mess as if that’s okay on this special day. Someone has to clean this shit up. Fuck you!!!

Much respect for your opinion on matters like this, but yeah am doubting would have escalated the way it did. Also thinking the but of the weapon instead of bullets might have come into play. And in some instances might have been whether to disengage and how.

It’s Friday night music and it seems the book club and golf lessons are over. It’s time for you all to just let your emotions go and rock the fuck out!!!!

Good to see justice today. A young man was impugned for defending his local area from thugs and criminals from other areas who had come to destroy and ruin. I’ve yet to see a single peaceful protest after dark. The reality is it was rioting under the guise of supposed justice. Justice for a man who had felony charges for sexual assault, did not listen to police directives, and was armed with a knife. Jacob Blake would be hale and healthy today…if only he didn’t pick his actions. But Kyle shouldn’t have been there!!

The child rapist would be alive today if he didn’t try to take Kyle’s gun. The woman beater would be alive if he didn’t repeatedly assault Kyle with a skateboard while Kyle was down. The felon would have his entire arm if he didn’t aim his illegal gun at Kyle. I hope no one is expecting the police to do their jobs because as we saw last summer, they don’t.

I agree with some leftists. I hope this encourages more Kyles. I hope that when rioters invade a town or city they don’t live in, they wonder if it’s safe to destroy, kill, and burn other people’s homes and lives. I hope these nighttime ‘peaceful protests’ turn into the daytime one’s leftists falsely equivocate as equal. No one believes rioting and stealing is done in the name of justice for black people. Hopefully, consequences for their own actions will start to occur more frequently. Every action has a reaction. If you come to ruin other people’s lives, be prepared for karma.

It all has to stop. It’s immature behavior and it leads to bad stuff.

None of this is about freedom. It’s about anger and violent responses.

• New Age says:

Kyle Rittenhouse didn’t come from Waco and other places to destroy people’s homes. They have the power to stop their actions. No one deserves to have their home and local area destroyed by out of towners. It’s that simple.

Well, so far, that is a hot, steamin turd of a show. I pretty much agree with Rock, that wasn’t Wheel of Time. It’s very loosely based on Wheel of Time.

3 episodes out of 8 and they still haven’t reached Caemlyn or even mentioned it. I’m not sure how they can possibly get to the Eye of the World in 5 episodes. Maybe they won’t.

The show somehow pulled off the neat trick of feeling extremely rushed plot-wise, yet also surprisingly shallow with very little character development. Often you sacrifice some of one for the other due to time constraints, but this really feels lacking in both areas.

It has some decent elements. I liked the Whitecloak scenes, and the Red Ajah wasn’t bad. But the heroes journey feels really disjointed so far. Honestly, the best part of the show is the scenery.

I can’t help but think it’s my own knowledge that is bringing it down some, and I might enjoy it more if I didn’t know the story going in. I already have a very rich knowledge of these characters, and since they are all so completely changed, at this point they feel bland and underdeveloped in comparison.

They are also setting up the big mystery of the first season to be which one is the Dragon and all of us who know the story obviously know that, so that component is lost on us.

We watched Episode 1, and for the first 20 minutes or so it was like WTF is going on here. It did improve, and yes, the scenery is beautiful. Not sure if my wife will be watching another episode though.

Also found it a little hard to follow (hear) the dialogue. Funny to see Roose Bolton as a good guy too. lol

Cheers, Mike. I couldn’t help but wonder if I was just being an annoyed fanboy, but if people that don’t know the story also have issues with it, it’s clearly the show.

I think I’ll be skipping WoT. The books became really pedantic towards the end and his obsession with his version of the “strong” woman (someone mentioned all the sniffing and harrumphing early) was annoying.

41. bailbondmike says:

127. Travis Jones DT Connecticut
    147. Cade Mays OG Tennessee
    179. Amari Gainer LB Florida State
    202. Isaiah Foskey EDGE Notre Dame
    222. Brennan Armstrong QB Virginia

42. bailbondmike says:

Michigan State at Ohio State first thing today. Going to be tough for MSU with a not so good secondary and OSU with, probably, the top 2 WR’s next draft.

43. bailbondmike says:

Watching Erica Lynn fishing video’s this morning. Her latest is “Fishing the ICONIC STILT HOUSES of PINE ISLAND, FL”. She is quite the fisherman but can’t post cause she always wears a thong.

Cav, I agree with most everything you said in your post regarding WOT. Except I never liked the white cloaks so I still didn’t like the white clothes in the show lol. I was annoyed by several small items such as costuming. The Aes Sadai rings were described hundreds of times in the series and the ones on the show look nothing like they were described. The children of the lights tunics have a Sunburst on them and the questionnaires tunics have a red shepherds crook behind the Sunburst. Also described dozens of times in the series yet missing.

The entire back stories of the characters being thrown out and re-written really really pissed me off.

I asked my sister who never read the series to watch the show and give me her opinion, because I think I may be overreacting.

I agree with both you and Mike that the scenery was really well done, I thought the set work was quality, in the costuming and props were mostly on except for obvious things like the ring and the uniforms. I’m very disappointed overall but it’s only a fucking TV show.

You guys think we have had a rough season

How about the Lions
    They got their first no loss last weekend – a tie….lol

But it’s worse. Jared Goff is out this Sunday. So they are starting Tim Boyle

Don’t know who Tim Boyle is….join the club
    Boyle was Aaron Rogers back up from 2018-2020 and threw for a wapping 15 yards in 2 years
    I guess that’s not too unusual when you play behind some one like Rogers

But what is unusual is how bad Boyle was is college.
    He played for UConn for 3 years
    First year he played in 5 games: 0 TDS and I interceptions
    2nd year was his big year: he played in 9 games. He threw a TD that year. Just one. And 3 interceptions
    3rd year: 0 TDs and 2 interceptions

He transferred to whatever EKU is and finished his career at UCONN with 1 TD, 13 interceptions and a QB rating of around 60

Then at EKU he threw another 13 interceptions in a single season

Now this Sunday he’s starting for the Lions

How bad are the Lions?

I’m almost tempted to watch to see the worst QB performance in nfl history

Kong,

Thanks for the update on WoT. I didn’t know they had only set up 8 episodes. That’s a really hard bar to get over for a series with about 1 million words…per later book lol. I’m also afraid that my previous knowledge will hurt my ability to watch it. It was once my favorite series and stayed there stubbornly even after it wasn’t. It will be hard to not compare especially when I hear such common names like Egwene, Perrin, Nynaeve, and Rand during the episodes. I’ll give it a shot but I’m fully prepared for strong disappointment.

Did you watch Dune? That was a well-done remake (so far) especially the glorious scenery. It’s hard to do great works of fiction their due justice but I thought it was a solid movie. The earlier mini- series is the best interpretation so far but mainly because they had more time to expand the books.

WHO THE HELL IS TO BLAME FOR THE DEATHS IN KENOSHA?

I WONDER??

The root cause of the Rittenhouse ordeal was Jacob Blake a sexual predator who was trying to get at his GF who called police, he would not listen to police commands and grabbed a knife, was shot and killed in Kenosha. or so i read.

So now we get BLM on the scene, cops killing another black man and the riots begin, they start burning businesses nevermind the circumstances of the shooting!
    a party was formed to protect businesses. Rittenhouse joined that party.

the video clearly shows the victims advancing on rittenhouse and he was retreating,

so who’s to blame for all this, it would appear Blakes shooting was justified, these protesters seem to be looking for any excuse to riot and burn innocent businesses.

the Rittenhouse deal was collateral damge.

Self defense IMO, The victims were advancing on Rittenhouse, he was retreating!

The rioters are to blame for the loss of life that night, they had no business rioting because a sexual predator went after his wife and wouldn’t listen to police commands. They instigated the ordeal by retaliating a correct police action.

Rock,

I don’t like the whitecloaks either, who would like them? lol. Rather, I liked their representation in the show. I don’t know if you caught, the “questioner” with all the Aes Sedai rings on his belt was Eamon Valda, who was a Lord Captain, not a questioner in the series. And yeah, we were pointing out the lack of sunburst and shepherds crooks which was the indicator of whether you where dealing with a questioner or a standard whitecloak. Why change that?

My watch party had a blast, we all basically made fun of all the horrible choices they made. We were all cracking up at the Aes Sedai rings. They reminded us of Dark Helmet’s Schwartz ring from Space Balls, and how we want to see Moraine and Liandrin have a Schwartz battle… 🤣🤣

New Age,

You and I seem to have very similar tastes in books and movies. I’ve literally never met anyone else who has seen Galaxy of Terror, lol.

My feeling, unfortunately, is you are going to think it is as poorly conceived and executed as Rock and I do. And really, I think you touched on the problem in your post. IMO, to do just the first book justice, you have to have 20 or more hour long episodes. It’s just too much material. And no studio is going to put that much money into it. So they have to cut and change everything and you get a show completely different from the books that feels rushed, yet they still haven’t even developed anyone or done anything, lol.

I’ve heard a lot of great things about the new Dune. I haven’t seen it yet, but I look forward to watching it.

• New Age says:

I actually rewatched Galaxy about 6-8 months ago on Amazon. I still loved it lol. For Dune, they leave out a lot of parts but I was still ok with it. The one good thing about different versions is they all get something right and this one is beautiful. I really liked a lot of the tech and set pieces. I think the actors did a pretty good job as well. I could just want another Dune movie so bad I settled lol. It still was solid second viewing so I think t’m saved from that bias this time.

Not a lot of yellow, but we are talking a battle btwn two win and three win teams. Wyoming stands strong for Josh Allen though.

51. Krishna says:

Lmao…the book club is more interesting than Kenosha!

Don’t want Kenosha to be interesting now. Think it would be more so now if Rittenhouse shot 3 black guys. And if that is racist…. it is still my take.

• Krishna says:

Don’t think it racist, at all! And agree….

Maybe, I’m racist, too. Don’t think so, but wtk….

52. Krishna says:

I will have to check out Dune. Loved it college for my Sci Fi English class.

53. Krishna says:

According to Mike E’s article we have a tied record history with the Jets.

I thought we had a winning record on every one in AFC east. Guess not, but after this Sunday?

Dolphins -3.5 on the road against the Yets.
    Most of the talking heads say give the points and take the Phins.

Pigster and I have recurrent problems when it comes to buying Phins jerseys: the player either gets traded or flames out. Here’s an idea… buy the jersey of someone who is already retired. This one is SWEET, IMO! November/Salute to Service jersey of Dan Marino! I just might do this!

Krishna – my word is gospel! lol

Remember how the nation was shocked and then debated the Super Bowl half time show when Janet Jackson’s breast was exposed. Christian orgs were in uproar, politicians were calling for investigations, boycotts were called for and conspiracy theories went out on whether Justin TImberlake was actually trying to help cover up or part of the plan.

Some techo geeks examined what was all about. And it was “exposing her nipple-ring adorned breast for nine-sixteenths of a second.”

Seems sorta silly in the days of the internet, which yeah means you can search and find that less than a second moment for yourself. 🙂

I have a bad feeling Gesicki is going to get paid elsewhere or franchised.

I’d rather just re-sign him now! I think I speak for both of us, Mike E!

Why is franchised? Would mean we have him next year at least. And can always re-sign after.

Many players and agents look at the franchise tag as a smack in the face. Wouldn’t want to send the wrong message.

I get that — but the franchise is a negotiating tool for a long-term contract as well. Many people who are franchised don’t play under the tag.

And I hear you too, Stanger… you’re not wrong. But it all comes down to LTM (Long-Term Money). If we low-ball Gesicki on LTM, his agent may advise the franchise tag. If we pay (in the ballpark) of what Goedert is getting paid, get it done.

IMO, it would be disrespectful of our Phins to low-ball Gesicki after all he’s done and proven.

*disrespectful FOR our Phins to low-ball Gesicki.

Shit yeah the long–term contract is what he wants. But we don’t even know he wants it from us. Could be he is happy to play on the franchise for a year and then choose his team. And yeah his agent would be biotching about the numbers, but that is what would be happening. So if we franchise Gesicki could be his choice.

My fingers are crossed, Stanger… I do NOT want to lose Gesicki! 😀

Don’t want to lose him either. Hopefully it works out.

Watched the third episode this morning and tried to separate myself from my personal interpretation of the books. The execution and production quality is on par with GoT. The acting is pretty good. (I could feel the spark between Nynaeve and Lan) overall I think it is better than I give it credit for.

They took. Unnecessary License with casting and story and perhaps too much Artisic freedom with costuming but still ok

I enjoyed this!

62. ElephantRider says:

That Marino jersey is noice!

Duke johnson will solve our running issues. Afterall hes from miami hurricanes

Gesicki is gone after this year

Plenty of time to see how that pans out.

Given we can franchise him how do you figure that? Think Gesicki is not worth the tag?

• ocalarob says:

if you’re calling the shots for Miami, you know he’s going in a contract year, and you don’t try to renegotiate with him? why is that? you could potentially take the full hit of his salary by franchising him yet you didn’t bother to even try to iron out a deal last summer?
      they are either incompetent or they are moving on.

now couple that with the facts that they don’t line him up as a T.E. they are using him as a slot rec, there are better slot rec’s than gesicki, all you have to do is jam him.

they did draft a T.E. in the 3rd round last year, whether he’s any good is still questionable.

they also don’t play gesicki that much for a franchise player, the first 3 games he was a ghost. on the bench.

and let’s not forget the elephant in the room. the dude is frail, he gets knocked around too easily.

all these little hints should be SCREAMING at you that he’s gone

He’s a big receiver who has good vertical speed, can high point the ball and can make amazing catches. He’s not a quick twitch guy who can run all the routes, and he’s not much of a blocker. But there will be plenty of teams interested in him.

As for not playing him much or he’s frail, I disagree with that. He plays quite a bit of snaps and he’s rarely hurt.

• ocalarob says:

He didn’t play much to begin the year is what i said, they found a way to use him in the slot, Balt jammed him, i just hope the word isn’t out, you put a CB on him and jam him at the LOS you take him out of the play.

he’s very frail, he can’t block and gets pushed around, sure he can high point a ball if he can get by tye jam. he’s playing the wrong sport, he should try basketball

He’s playing a higher pct. of snaps this year than he ever has. Just because he didn’t have a lot of catches doesn’t mean he wasn’t playing.

By the way, teams are putting CBs on receiving TEs quite a bit. Pitts has been shut down twice now being covered by corners. They do the same thing to Waller. The Giants shut down Kelce putting Bradbury on him. So the word isn’t out, it’s what lots of teams are doing against TEs.

• ocalarob says:

He’s not a T.E. he’s a slot rec

He lines up all over the place. He’s also not the only TE who lines up in the slot. Lots of teams do that with their TEs. He’s a weapon in the passing game. We all know what he is. I’ve said as much.

We need a convincing win tomorrow!
    and i certainly hope tua doesn’t resume his 6 inch passes,
    his bomb measures a foot and a half!

if you’re considering franchising gesicki wouldn’t you try to make a deal with him last summer to get him under contract at a team discount?

Not necessarily. I also don’t put too much stock into hometown discounts. I’m not even saying we’ll franchise him or re-sign him. I’m just talking about him as a player and that he does have value in this league.

if gesicki is your #1 T.E. of the future are you going to spend a 3rd rnd pick on another?

gesicki has been good this year, i’ll give him that, but am i going to franchise him with his skill set? no way, i think we will be franchising ogbah instead

Ogbah’s huge DE franchise amount will be more than we can get in a long-term contract.
      Gesicki’s franchise amount will be less than he will get per year long-term.
      But we shall see how it works out.

the problem with this team is we are to frail, and gesicki leads the charge in that dept, we need a more physical team, this is why we suck, we are not physical. we don’t impose our will. that’s why we can’t run the ball.
    and you want to franchise the meekest dude on this roster? LOL

Glad you’re coming around to why we can’t run the ball. I’ve been saying that for years that we don’t impose our will. Why you’re looking for Gesicki to lead the way with that is kind of bizarre. We have other TEs who do more dirty work. Gesicki is a receiver under the TE name. I think we all agree with that.

We keep 5 TEs…. more than about any team does. What I don’t get is why Hunter Long is not one of them.

Long is a rookie behind other TEs. Gesicki will be a UFA in 2022. Carter is mostly a STs team player. Long is basically being red shirted. But he’ll be ahead of the game in his 2nd year.

Sooner or later you have to stop getting rid of good, productive players if you’re gonna win anything.

That never stopped Steve Ross or his appointees from doing so before, so expect insanity.

Agreed. What’s funny is a lot of fans are always looking to replace players and many times with addition by subtraction. We drafted this guy, get rid of that guy. We signed this guy, get rid of that guy. It’s good to have depth and players who can do some things better than others. It gives you options against specific opponents. Of course some players are just studs and they play regardless of opponent. But we don’t have many studs, specifically on offense.

M13,
    I’m okay with some roster churning the first couple years. By year 3 you should have an idea who some of the guys are you wanna keep. Nobody can keep them all, so choices gotta be made.

November 20, 2021 at 5:34 pm
    Why bring up Ross? He doesn’t build the team. Don’t all owners hire appointees?
    ——————–
    I think you’re missing the forest for the trees, my guy. Do you honestly believe that Ross has hired and/or retained the best and brightest?

And once again, Ross got caught flirting with another QB. This time, it was Deshaun Watson.

NOBODY of any kind of significance wants to work for this wanker of an owner.

I think the only reason Ross reached out to Deshaun Watson was because of his legal issues. Obviously our football people were interested in making a trade for him and before we did that he wanted to know what Watson’s situation was. Giving up a boatload of picks and paying him his current salary might have been important to him. We make a mistake with that move and it sets the franchise back.

For me, a lot of what went wrong with this team this year is on Chris Grier. He makes final decisions on personnel. Not saying Flores isn’t involved on who they draft, sign or trade for, but Grier has final say.

You can call Ross lacking in football smarts. You can call him not hands on (which actually like), but not more than that.

Sorta cracks me up that I am one of the biggest Stephen Ross fans on the board.

He’s made some silly mistakes but he gives the organization everything they need to be first in class. He upgraded the stadium, and built a new first class practice facility. Anyone close to the situation says that but some fans just despise the guy. There is never a lack of scapegoats.

He’s never claimed to be a football guy, but some people want him to be. And start of the season everyone seemed pleased the way things were going.

He spends every cent of cap and put $500 mil of his own money into the stadium. He gave us escalators, better food and shade (can’t tell you how huge that is.) We could do worse as far as owners. No matter what OD says.

I agree with you, Stanger. He’s not the GM or the HC. Blame him for not finding the best people to the run the football team, but it’s not like he hasn’t tried.

At the end of the day, like Randy always says, it’s about talent. And like you said, most fans liked the direction we were going in but this season blew up in our face. So now everyone sucks!

I still don’t like how Tua has been treated with the Watson trade rumors over his head. My top question is why did you draft him then? Is that on Ross? To me it’s on Grier. And I’ve always liked Grier. However I think he did a bad job this offseason for the team to take the next step. But like I’ve said before, they might have been following their plan even though 10-6 last year got us all fired up. The area that has really hurt this team is going too young on the OL. We’re ranked worst in the NFL.

November 20, 2021 at 5:58 pm
    No didn’t miss anything. You act like I don’t follow the team. Ross hires people to run the football team just like every other owner. The results are one thing, but do you think he has anything to do with re-signing or franchising Mike Gesicki or drafting TE Hunter Long in the 3rd round which is kind of what the conversation was about?…
    —————
    Again, Ross hired/retained Chris Grier by default, and he’s hired Brian Flores. Those are the guys controlling the decision-making… and Ross is responsible for both Grier and Flores, by default.

I’m not trying to get into anything with ya, Tim… but these are the facts.

As to your conclusion that Grier is to blame?… I seriously waffle every day, Bro. You may be exactly correct, man… but logic is against that theory, too.

We should also remember that Steve Ross sided with JEFF IRELAND over HC Tony Sparano (RIP), and kept him on for far too long. That’s on Ross, and nobody else.

See my posts above. It pretty much explains what I think about the status of our team. I also feel that Ross has made mistakes and have pointed that out many times. I’m not in the dark about this. But it was never a lack of trying on his part.

People make mistakes. I think Grier and Flores were banking on a lot of young players being ready to take that next step and they haven’t. That doesn’t mean now they all suck. They jumped the gun. We do have a lot of good players to work with, but it’s not a team ready for special. If I was Chris Grier, I’d be disappointed in my work this season.

I’ll say this though. Our defense has a chance to be really good moving forward. They got off to a slow start but have started to look more cohesive in recent weeks. Build on the good stuff and try to get better in areas that need to get better.

76. bailbondmike says:

Jameson Williams keeps improving his draft stock, dammit!

8 rec for 190 yards and 3 TD’s, longest rec 79 yards.

My first attempt at drafting this season

18.

Wanya Morris
    OT Oklahoma
    MIA
    204.
    Greg Dulcich
    TE UCLA

None of us know yet what the final status of this team will be in the offseason. The draft is great, but this team needs more seasoned players that are reliable in some areas. Mainly the OL and at WR. We have no experience on the OL other than Jesse Davis, and guys like Parker and Williams are rarely available. David has been right on Wilson, he disappears. WTF is going on?

It’s easy to go after Tua who has had his own rough start to his career. But there are a lot of problems with our offense. Look at the Falcons with a vet QB in Matt Ryan. They have scored 3 points in their last two games. It’s never about one player.

ATL was a team winning 3 of 4 than got beat 45-3 and 25-0 the last two games. How does anyone predict this type of stuff?

79. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, not bad. Linderbaum is not a bad pick. I feel a urgency to pick one of the top WR’s early though. Desmond Ridder is an interesting pick an worth it where you got him. He is big, athletic and all he has done at Cincy is win.

I don’t think WR is a bad idea at all. I actually would prefer to being in vets on the OL this off-season.

I’m also thinking pass rusher early wouldn’t be half bad either

How do you all react if we trade for Deshaun Watson in the 2022 offseason? I’m going to throw some shit out there. Two 1’s, Tua, a 2nd and then a few picks in later years.

Then with our current OL Watson continues to be one of the most sacked QBs in the league. I get it, he’s a gamer, but the risk is really bad.

Does Watson turn everything around? I don’t have that vibe as a fan. Has Houston been dominating the league in recent years? Once their defense fell apart we see it for what it is.

Watson a savoir? I think not.

• bailbondmike says:

I agree 100%. Watson’s huge contract was part of the problem. They couldn’t afford to keep all the pieces in place. Kind of what KC is starting to face with Mahomes contract.

Even if Watson would restructure and take less, I still don’t see it working for the better though.

I’ll be very upset

Even if we were ready to move on from Tua, I would rather draft and invest in a QB

81. Krishna says:

Lol..negative Covid tests, so they let me back in the country last night!

Get to watch the Dolphins v Jets!

I think Houston will relent and their price will come soaring back to earth come March 16th, they certainly don’t want that 35 million cap hit on their books by the start of the new league year.

The fact that Watson has a no trade clause and can dictate where he wants to go is the clincher.
    I think Houston will be forced between having a player you don’t want at a great hit on your cap or taking less and moving on.

Not sure if they realize this however assuming they want him, not trading for Watson was a great move. with a 40 million cap hit in March the Texans back will be up against a wall now!
    Trading for him prior to the dead line would not make sense, the season was most probably lost at that point anyway.
    if they do acquire watson in march for pennies on the dollar we can look back at this and say what a great move. FINALLY!

As for all the disdain for Watson, he hasn’t been convicted of anything, he’s been associated with these woman and who’s to say if this Lawyer created this class action deal.
    hop on board and you will get paid. the more the merrier.
    He doesn’t want to settle this issue which i’m sure there’s a number that would make this all go away.
    having disdain for Watson at this point goes against peoples rights,
    innocent until proven guilty. not the reverse.

I know
    NEW BLOG UP?

GOT BACK HOME last night from my business trip to Baltimore. SON-OF-A-SON will be glad to know I aggravated some Ravens’ fans during my 3-day stay. Just a few random observations; 1) Far fewer people in evidence around the Inner Harbor. Many BIG businesses are now CLOSED. The reason most cited is the crime wave that’s hit this once great city, they tell me. 2) Ran into a Jets’ fan at BWI on my return trip. I asked him “Do you know what Apollo Creed said to Joe Frazier in the original “ROCKY” movie ??” “No,” replied this New Yorker. So I told him Creed said
    “You’re next, Joe, you’re next!!” NOT SURE this Jets’ fan got the gist of this, so I told him, “We just kicked Baltimore’s ass and you’re team is NEXT!!” He chuckled a bit.

The show was still a success for us, but it’s just a shadow of what it was in 2019. Far fewer dealers, very little public attendance, and putrid weather. It was 26 degrees when I got up for my morning walk around the hotel. And it was windy, too. And I couldn’t help but notice the piles of garbage that I saw being whipped around by the high winds. I couldn’t wait to get back to Tampa Bay.

Final Observation. The restaurants that were open have menu prices that are quite a bit higher than they were two years ago. So, on the second night, we dined at a campy Pizza/Pasta joint for about 1/4 the cost of Morton’s steakhouse. Our old favorite steakhouse, Sullivan’s, has been shuttered for more than a year, a victim of the Covid virus. It was sad to see this part of Baltimore going so far downhill so fast.

PREDICTION: Dolphins’ defense eats up Flacco. Fins win 24-13.

87. bailbondmike says:

Had to do a new one with Williams’ continued rise. I think there is no doubt he will go in first round even with just 1 year of production.

Traded down twice again.

147. Calvin Austin III WR Memphis
    166. Trey McBride TE Colorado State
    179. Matt Bedford OG Indiana
    204. Isaiah Foskey EDGE Notre Dame
    222. Brennan Armstrong QB Virginia

ORob,

I have massive disdain for Watson. Even with innocent until proven guilty, 22 different women saying the same thing is a lot more creditable than one dude saying it was all a money grab. Even other football players asked why he needed 22 different masseuses. I’s almost like a guy that can’t keep his hands and body parts to himself would have to find a different one fairly frequently.

On to football, I hope we win to make it 3 straight. We should win, and that’s why I’m worried. I hope we get a solid coach at some point. This hoping for great and getting mediocre is getting old.

• ocalarob says:

It would appear you have inside knowledge, or are you drawing a conclusion from simple speculation.

the way this works is a girl who may thought she was treated inappropriatley sought help from an attorney, being Watson was so high profile the attorney sent his investigator to look into the matter and found other woman who massaged watson.

when confronted with the fact there could be millions to gain they joined on. doesn’t strike you as odd that 21 other woman joined the fight but not one of them complained about being abused prioir to the law suit?

on the other hand Watson could be guilty, but i will give him the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.
      at least that’s the way i think it’s suppose to work.

Don’t confuse the law with public perception. Watson is innocent until proven guilty hence why he is free and allowed to play football. What people think of him is another matter and not governed by any law be it right or wrong

• ocalarob says:

I get it counselor, I’m sure your position would change if the shoe was on the other foot. especially if you were innocent.

• bailbondmike says:

I agree. Innocent or not, there is something really perverted about the whole thing.

I don’t want Watson because I think the price is crippling and won’t fix what is wrong with the team

• ocalarob says:

The price will drop in March, The Texans want to avoid getting hit with a 40 mil cap hit against their cap on March 16, it will restrict their FA moves. with watsons no trade clause he can force his way to Miami.

The law allows these asian massage parlors which are a front for a prostitute ring to exist, if you walk into one and pay for their service, are you the bad guy?

from where i stand you have to weigh all the facts.

why did 21 other woman join the fight after the fact?
    there could be millions to gain for these woman.
    the guy is a great QB!!!!!!
    _____________________________

these are the facts your honor!

Entrapment would be more along the lines where the police are operating the massage parlor and are actively enticing an otherwise reluctant participant to pay for services

If it makes you feel better ORob

I would take Watson over Tim Boyle if those were my choices

Ken says:
    November 21, 2021 at 11:41 am
    Can’t negotiate a contract until after a trade unless the Texans permit that which they have not to date
    ____________________________________-

i can guarantee that if this deal were to happen they would definitely renegotiate watsons deal as part of the trade.
    it wouldn’t be possible any other way, we have too many FA’s and holes to fill.

Again it presumes Watson would renegotiate and there has never been any indication he would. He wants to come to Miami for 40 million tax free reasons. You think he cares about the needs of his team?

• ocalarob says:

now your painting a portrait with a roller!

trust me, if he’s traded here, he will not be going to miami under his current contract.
        his contract is why Houston will be forced to dump him.

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. He crippled one team with his contract what makes you think he will be any different with another team?

• ocalarob says:

Houston is a horrible place to play, just ask andre johnson, did you witness their moves, getting rid of hopkins for that RB? giving away their draft for Tunsil.

there’s a different side to every coin, you never heard anything bad about him till last year, as far as wanting to get out of Houston, i can’t blame him.

• ocalarob says:

also Miami is very contract saavy, they will never give him a no-trade clause, neither will any other team.
        that just goes to show you the stupidity of the texans F.O.

So now you trust Ross and the FO to handle the contract situation with Watson? I mean they have done such a great job handling the talent on this team

Let’s get back to reality, ok how will Tua fare today?
    I hope he plays good, i hope he can stay on the field.
    i want to see how he handles this offense in the next four games against teams who are sub .500

give him a chance. can he actually carry this offense against poor teams? or does he have to rely on the defense to carry him?

will we score more than a TD and FG offensively?

We shall see

Rob, I want a dominant win today. I want that defense to pick up where they left off. No setbacks, just torture the offense. I want to see Tua have a nice day, hit a few passes longer than 15-20 yards in the air. That would be great to see

I guess i’m off to Hooters to watch the game,

GAMEDAY blog is up when you need it . . .

“I guess i’m off to Hooters to watch the game.”

Makes sense. And I can’t throw stones, many visits to Hooters and strip clubs on my resume.

Let’s go Dolphins