Safety in Numbers

As far as I’m concerned, one of the major needs we have for our 2015 Miami Dolphins is a safety. If you look at our current roster, as it stands right now, we have Reshad Jones, Don Jones, and Walt Aikens, who is a CB/S tweener. Don Jones, who has been waived by us, and then the Patriots is really a ST’s player, so at the moment, we are desperately in need of a starting caliber safety. We can address that in either FA, or the draft.

The 2015 NFL free agent safeties are headed by Antrel Rolle, Devin McCourty, Louis Delmas, Nate Allen, Dawan Landry, and Will Allen is available if you’re interested. I’m not, not at all. That’s why I’m looking to the draft to find our safety of the future! Let’s take a look what we have here . . .

Gerod Holliman

Gerod Holliman FS – Louisville 6’2” 213

Holliman had 14 INT’s, not a typo, 14 INT’s in his first year as a starter. Along with the 14 INT’s, Holliman had 17 passes defensed, 11 TFL, and 1 INT return for a TD. He’s not a finished product by any means, but the instincts are there, and the ball skills are there as well. He has the size most NFL teams would covet. He has a bad rep as a tackler, as a guy who goes for the big hit, and doesn’t wrap up and tackle well. That’s a concern, no question about it, but I want someone in our secondary that’s going to make plays, and get some turnovers.

NFL.com gives Holliman a 5.52 rating, which puts him at 5th in safeties, but actually, 2nd among FS prospects. NFL.com scout Lance Zierlein compares Holliman to Jairus Byrd. His combine workout will likely dictate what round he goes in. I’m hoping he’s a guy we can get in the 3rd RD.

______________________________________________________________________________

Derron Smith

Derron Smith FS – Fresno State 5’11” 197

Derron Smith finished his senior year with 1 INT, but made 82 tackles, 55 solo. Career at Fresno St, Smith had 15 total INT’s, with 7 as a junior, and 6 as a sophomore. Smith is a 4YR starter. NFL.com has him rated as the 2nd best S, but the highest rated FS at 5.7. Smith is a former HS QB who is a smart player, has good coverage skills, and has a good closing burst. Smith is projected be a 2nd or 3rd RD pick.

______________________________________________________________________________

Landon Collins

Landon Collins SS – Alabama 6’0” 222

Landon Collins is NFL.com’s highest rated safety at 6.35. Collins is a true strong safety prospect, a hard hitting, sure tackler who can step up into the box and stop the run. He has a thick build, well suited for just that. He’s not great in coverage though, and he doesn’t have good ball instincts or good hands. Collins made 87 tackles, 51 solo, and had 3 INT’s as a junior. Collins is a typical well disciplined Satan coached player.

______________________________________________________________________________

Jacquiski Tartt

Jacquiski Tartt SS – Samford 6’1” 218

Tartt is another big strong safety prospect. Tartt is ranked 4th overall by NFL.com. Like Collins, Tartt is a guy who plays aggressively in run support, and has no problems stepping into the box. Tartt made 62 tackles, 53 solo, with 3 TFL and 1 INT last year. Much like Collins, he’s a great tackler whose weak point is coverage skills.

______________________________________________________________________________

Anthony Harris

Anthony Harris SS – Virginia 6’1” 190

Harris is the 3rd ranked safety on NFL.com at 5.57. Very instinctive safety with long arms and good hands. He’s around the football a lot, with 109 total tackles, 50 solo. He reeled in 2 INT’s as a senior, but had 8 INT’s as a junior. Not known for his tackling prowess.

______________________________________________________________________________

Chris Hackett

Chris Hackett FS – TCU 6’2” 195

Hackett had 75 tackles, and led his team with 7 interceptions as a junior this season. Hackett declared early after his very successful junior season. Long athlete with good instincts and ball skills. TCU runs a 4-2-5 defense, and Hackett was the playmaker in that defense. He was a 3 year starter, and plays physical, despite his lack of size (195 lbs).

______________________________________________________________________________

Durrell Eskridge

Durrell Eskridge FS – Syracuse 6’3” 203

Eskridge was the leader of the ‘Cuse defense totaling 68 tackles, 47 solo. He had 1 INT (returned for a TD) as a junior, and had 4 INT’s as a sophomore. Another long, athletic safety. Eskridge wanted to play WR, and actually caught 1 pass for 19 yards in 2013. Has the size NFL teams covet.

______________________________________________________________________________

Plenty of choices for you people to digest, and of course, there are more than the ones I listed here, but these are the guys I believe will be in the running for one of our picks in this years NFL Draft.  I know we all have our favorites, and it’s possible the guy we draft isn’t even on this list, or maybe we go and find a safety in FA, who knows?

Who’s your favorite? Open up your window, wherever you are, and shout his name as loud as you can.  Go on, get away from that cubicle, office desk, courtroom, business meeting, car lift, reciprocating saw, whatever it is, and just scream his name out the window.  OK, you don’t have to do that, just tell me on the blog who it is, I really do want to know.

This entry was posted in Ask Mike, SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

378 Responses to Safety in Numbers

2. dbolt48 says:

I like Hackett, Drummon, & Cody Prewitt.

• dbolt48 says:

Also Adrian Amos from PSUL is a good FS prospect when not getting pissed and getting a personal foul penalty. Short tempered, but really big talent.

gotta check him out
        I really don;t want to use a high pick on a safety unless the guy is the next Reed

Great wrtie up Mike E

me likey safety prospects
    (Piggy does the safety dance)
    I think my preference right now is to try to pick up a safety in the 3rd round
    I would not want to draft Collins with the 14th pick

Holliman, Hacket & Harris = H3O

I think they are my preferences right now
    I wa splaying first pick yesterday and I noticed Hacket shot up their boards and now all they sudden is a 2nd rounder (who previously was avilable in 4th or 5th rounds)

I wonder if his sotck is shooting skyward according tot he scouts too

Mike, we also have Michael Thomas who we all know has done well here and will be healthy and ready to go. Plus we also have a futures contract with Shamiel Gary who will be a nice addition. Between those two guys and either a rookie of a FA pick-up we may be alright.

We can dance
    We can dance
    Everthing is under control…

Son

Michael Thomas is an exclusive rights FA, he’s not on the team, yet . . .

He is now, he’s currently on our injured reserve. They’ll keep him, that’s a no brainer unless he has a real bad injury.

• dbolt48 says:

You keep Thomas. Pass defense fell off big time after his injury. His injury allowed Wilson to play more and we saw how that went.

D-Bolt

I agree, I think we should be looking for a FS type. Reshad can handle the box, we need a guy to get us the football.

Thanks Piggy – Safety dance!

I don’t know that there is a great distinction between FS and SS in our defense

12. dbolt48 says:

Pig,
    Here’s Amos. Like I said my only worry about him is maintaining his temper, but he’s an excellent prospect as a FS:

I think between Jones, Shaq, Thomas, Gary and maybe Wilson returning we should be fine.

Piggy – There isn’t a distinction, but we know Jones can step in and support the run, so I’d prefer to get a S with good instincts and ball skill to complement what Jones can do. That’s Gerod Holliman

You guys are sure putting a lot of stock in Michael Thomas. He’s played in 11 games, 2 starts, and has 1 INT. I know we think fondly of him because of who that INT was against and when, but I’m not sure he’s the answer. I think he’s more of a depth guy, and not really a starter. JMO

Not sure why he is question Diggs’ speed
      the guy is a burner
      but injury prone
      😦

• dbolt48 says:

Omar doesn’t know anything about these prospects so he scoffs at them. When they blow him away he acts like he unearthed some Gem no ones ever heard of.

Okay humans
    Gotta get some work done today so I can get out of here by 5:30
    check back later today

21. jahndoh says:

Honestly, nobody can tackle in the NFL anymore. Soooo..get me the dude with 14 INTS in a single season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach that kid up and get him to be an average tackler. Pair him up with Jones, call it good.

You really think he’ll be available in the 3rd Mike? How bad IS his tackling again? LOL….

Honestly, it’s bad. He’s one of those guys who never wraps up, doesn’t look for contact, yet when he has a guy in his sights, he goes for the big hit, and doesn’t bring the ballcarrier down. He needs work on that end, for real. He does however have excellent instincts. He’s just always in the right place.

• dbolt48 says:

He also rolls around hurt when he tries to put his shoulder into a defender. His tackling skills make S. Smith look like Z. Thomas.

TryPod knows his Piggy trivia. lol

Jahn

Not really sure if he’s there in the 3rd RD. I’d say he’s a 2nd RD – 4th RD guy. I suppose his combine will tell us more.

Nice write Mike, except you musta ran out of room for Drummond & Amos….I presume you left out Prewitt thinking he’d be gone before we pick???

Deion Sanders never tackled, he’d run the other way if a ballcarrier was coming at him. Does anyone care? Nope! Let Holliman reel in 5-10 INT’s every year, and I won’t care either.

A vet FA FS we may want to pick up on the value bin, is KC DB Ron Parker, he’s just 27, plays both CB & S, filled in nicely for Eric Berry when he was hurt a lot last year….and he does a great weather report, oh wait that was Ron Burgundy…oops.

Holliman did make 14 tackles for a loss, so the guy can make a tackle, it’s just not his strong suit. It can be taught, whereas ball skills and instincts cannot.

28. professor lou says:

dbolt48 says:

February 6, 2015 at 9:12 am

__________
    But, but, but Jimmy Makes Plays. As Omar.

29. CaliGigi says:

Excellent write-up Mike….TGIF!!!!

30. sixthree0ne says:

This is awesome Mike, I was going to ask about some prospects to scout! Perfect timing.

Son, Parker made only $650K last season, and their other starting safety made $750, so yes, KC will very likely wanna tie up Parker before he hits the open market in March.

Thanks Gigi, 631 – TGIF baby!

Thanks for the Aikens stuff Lou. I would be awesome if he were to lock down the other safety spot. Not having to get a FA like Delmas helps the cap situation but besides that he fits into the mold of the type of guys we need if we want ot get over the hump.
    The Dolphins site has a real good interview with A. Johnson and he’s another guy who seems to have the drive like we see with Landry. Good stuff.

• professor lou says:

I think we see some good stuff from both Johnson and Aikens this year along with guys like McCain and Fede. I think last year’s draft class is going to be one of the best we’ve ever had and maybe one of the best any team has ever had especially when you add our udfa’s to the mix.

The undrafteds were incredible last year. Bonafide NFL quality players in Johnson, Johnson, Williams, McClain without using draft picks, its like the draft had 11 rounds last year.
        It’s quite possible that we look back at the ’14 draft and say that was the turning point.
        I sure hope so.

• professor lou says:

Yeah, Hickey seems to have done in one draft and with udfa’s what Ireland couldn’t do in 3 drafts.

Neither Clemmens or Jones played much in their rookie year
    I don;t think its a stretch for Aikens to start

but I still think we should draft a S if possible

35. new age says:

Nice write up Mike E. I also really like Holliman just because of those TOs. We will probably be able to finally intercept Brady with some frequency next year so I want the guy who has that resume. I don’t know if we have anyone that can teach him to tackle but at least he has some company.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 19 (CLE): Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (B)
    Round 2 Pick 11 (CLE): Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville (A)
    Round 3 Pick 20 (PHI): Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (B)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Christian Covington, DT, Rice (B-)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Deshazor Everett, CB, Texas A&M (C)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse (A)

McKinney and Perryman might make up for Holliman’s tackling…lol

• professor lou says:

I’m not an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I’m just throwing this out there but if we get good enough pressure on qb’s and force them into making mistakes we will create more turnovers. Then it wouldn’t matter if we had Jimmy Makes Plays at nickel or not.
      Point is, we’ve got to generate a pass rush or it doesn’t matter if we have a ball hawk or not I don’t think he’s going to get his picks.

Helping ya here Mike,
    Adrian Amos, 6’1 214 can play both CB/Slot & Safety. Here’s his clip with a great song. “Do you Wanna Revolution’, Enjoy.

So far this kid is a mid round prospect…keeps us from going safety too early, when we may have a good one developing in Aikens/Thomas.

• professor lou says:

I like aggressive safeties. I don’t like guys who just lay back and when the play happens they jog to it. Amos is the type of guy who has really good play recognition so he’s quick to get going to the ball and he’s aggressive; he doesn’t just sit back, he’s coming to the ball right from the snap. He may be projected as a fifth rd guy right now but I’ve watched the other guys and most of them are kind of nonchalant about the way they go about things. Want a guy who is hungry.

38. jetsssuck says:

anyone see the pictures of The King of Jordan. The ISIS group sure did pick the wrong person to tangle with.

39. dbolt48 says:

@CollegeHumor: 15 WTF Fish That Will Make You Stay Out Of The Water http://t.co/2wvTJyIo87 by @matthewg___ http://t.co/POsV7eIlC3

so mike e writes an article about safeties.

i guess we now know the truth as to who was hacking m13’s computer.

Tartt is my favorite, i dont think his coverage skills are inferior just not as much of a ballhawk as maybe Smith or maybe Holliman. I think though we have a pretty good ballhawk in Jones, and though we do need a Hybrid guy, id rather have more of a tackler type than a ballhawk since we will be replacing Delmas. Another guy i dont see on your list here is Cody Prewitt, who is probably the best hybrid skills guy, has pretty good coverage skills and pretty good tackling. IMO, because of his size and true hybrid skill set, Prewitt is my favorit with Tartt being a close second.

Triangulation tells all . . . .

D – I would love to root for a Jacquiski. lol

Lou, good take on Amos…I know Philbin & Coyle would love his versatility. He’s got some speed & quickness to him for being a stout 6’1 214, and of course he’s got some pop, dislodge the ball from receivers. He might actually be able to give a guy like Gronk a tougher time because of his size.

said this yesterday more and more people are calling out the nfl and the cheats. the nfl needs to clean it up or they will become the nba

The Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe labels Patriots ILB Jamie Collins the “budding star” of New England’s defense.
    The offseason gives us a chance to point these things out. After ILB Jerod Mayo landed on I.R. in Week 6, Collins and Dont’a Hightower were rooted into the defense as every-down players. Collins graded out as PFF’s No. 3 overall inside ‘backer, while Hightower was No. 2. While it seems New England is on the older side as a team, they were actually the youngest team to win a Super Bowl. With Collins, Hightower, edge rusher Chandler Jones, DT Dominique Easley, and FS Devin McCourty, there’s a strong defensive nucleus in place.
    ____________________________________
    That sucks, and now all the more reason to draft offensive playmakers!!!
    Get me DGB, White, Williams, Walford, or Gurley if need be. 😉

Man I would love to just go right at teams with Gurley. Boom Boom Boom
      He’s the ONLY back I’d consider early and of course that would be with him clearing medically.

Jetssuck as Mel Brooks said in History of the World Part I – It’s good to be king

Mike quit triangulating you’ll pull a muscle or hurt something

A possible sign that the oinking is coming. They’ll pick off the weakest first.

“Upon learning that his pet pig had consumed his stash of marijuana, an Ohio man flew into a rage, downed a bottle of 190-proof alcohol, and was later arrested for disorderly conduct after being tasered by local deputies.”

50. dbolt48 says:

I believe that tonight I might pray that Robert Kraft get his brain kicked out of his head by donkey.

Pig Eats Owner’s Pot, Man Has A Meltdown
    While not a pot-bellied pig, Ohio pet ended up with pot in her belly

Herd, I hope you aren’t eating lunch. I think the only way to get high with that dope is to put his doo in your bong and smoke it, lol
    sorry

Then there’s this; Chocolate snorting offers new way to a cocoa high!

And you can act real rude and totally removed
    And I can act like an imbecile

And say, we can dance, we can dance

I’m going to snort my Count Chocula from now on

I can hear your son, “Mom, dad snorted all the cocoa puffs again”

I remember one time when my older boy Brian got a marble stuck in his nose, he put it in there, and he just gave me this panicked look that I’ll never forget, it cracks me up to this day when I think about it. he was about 4 or 5. I was able to get it out, but he got so nervous, it was hilarious.

I think the positive is that there are a handful of good safety prospects to choose from this year. Nobody really looks like a superstar in the making, but there are a lot of solid prospects. I’d prefer to get a FS. A smart, heady player who can diagnose plays, get people in the right positions and be the leader of our defensive backfield. Strong up the middle…and the last piece of that is your FS. It seems like decades since we’ve had that sort of FS.

Great info and write Mike E. I’m still just putting my toe into the draft, but anybody we might take in one of the first two rounds? Normally you can get a quality safety past that.

Mike, yeah right on man, I’m gonna try that too, seems the BooBerry isn’t working for me.

Sure they tased the guy whose stash was eaten……..but here is what the cops also saw when they walked into the place. Not illegal though.

Yep, and Marion last played for us over a decade ago.

Our defensive scheme is different though, we rely on hybrid types and play them more both in a mid range instead of one shallow one deep like a lot of teams do. IMO we need a guy who is really similar to Jones so that we have a pair of hybrid guys, and if we have to err on one side or the other id rather err on the guy who is a solid tackler, as Jones has become good enough to play the deeper role when need be.

LMAO @ Stanger! That pic is disturbing and amusing at the same time.

Stanger

I believe at this point the only S that will be taken in the 1st RD is Landon Collins. The other guys I listed above will go between 2-5.

Id say Prewitt has an outside chance of also being a 1st round pick. His size, athletic ability and game film show he will likely develop into a really good S. Tartt is probably going to have to show some decent speed numbers and cone drill times to stay in the second round conversation, due to his smaller school experience. Im fine if he falls though, third rounder for a guy with his heart and enthusiasm would be a bargain.

Stanger, ahhh, so that’s what happened to Richie Incognito…so sad.

64. Try Pod says:

As I mentioned earlier this week, and in light of the stoned pig talk (it’s all cattle, really…), Happy birthday ! :http://youtu.be/S5FCdx7Dn0o

D,
    I think our defense suffers when Jones is asked to be more of a coverage safety than a run stopping/box safety. I would much rather have a guy who can cover than a good tackler at FS. I still think tackling is important, but the impact of having a big hitting safety has been minimized in today’s NFL because of the rules. Also, if you’re a smart safety who is good at putting yourself in the right spot…as well as your teammates….tackling improves simply bcause guys are in the right spots to make them. I have given up on NFL players actually being good tacklers. They don’t practice it anymore because of the lack of hitting in practices, and many just suck at it.

Its funny you say that
      b/c it seems like a lot of the safeties coming out are being touted for there tackling and run support rather than coverage skills

Thats a really good point about the NFL rules lessening the impact of a hitter type. I dunno, i just think we have a physicality issue on our defense and its probably more DL driven than anything, LB being next most at fault. Tartt impresses me with his approach to the game, he plays like Landry did for us last year, almost with a reckless abandon, full out every drop used up. We could also us some more of that on our team in general because that is infectious. I think when Landry really started coming on like that is when we saw our best offensive growth. Id like some of that one te defense, Jenkins provided that much of the year but we really need someone else to bring that. Starks use to but didn’t last year, Wake use to but didn’t last year, we just dont have a lot of natural leaders on our defense

66. professor lou says:

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1”; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));Post by CarBuzz.

Piggy,
    I don’t really know much about these prospects yet. I’ve barely begun looking at them. It’s interesting though that if you see highlights of them it’s all about their INTs. You don’t see tackling highlight tape often. Lol

You definitely want safeties who can tackle. I’m not suggesting it’s not a good thing. I just think coverage Skills and the ability to read offenses and be in the right place have become more emphasized in the NFL now.

D’s right though. Nowadays more teams are having their safeties split the field instead of playing classic box and deep roles, and it means you want similar skills in both your safeties.

Randy

I agree with you, both about Jones being more of the hitman in the secondary, and the need for safety who will be in the right place and generate turnovers. That’s why I like Holliman. Let Jones help out in run support, and let Holliman take care of the coverage.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Today I was told by a pretty reliable source that the price for Suh will clear $100M. He’s setting that bar. @davehydesports passes plate.

• Try Pod says:

JJ watt set that market- I don’t think Suh is worth more, though I did see where he (Suh) said he is going where ever his agent said, the implication being highest bidder wins.

• Try Pod says:

I know not same position, but Watt is more polished than Suh and not the head case you’re always worried is one kick to the head of an opponent away from a long suspension.

I’d take Watt over Suh any and every day of the week.

• professor lou says:

Once again, I’m blocked by Omar. Must not like my Jimmy Makes Plays comments. But, then again, I only post them on both blogs so he must be reading one or both.

D,
    I agree. I think the only guy that really brings a tough demeanor to our defense is Jones. When he returned to the team, he was looking to put licks on people, and it seems like it impacted the team for awhile….then it faded. Grimes is a physical corner, but not the same sorta hitter. I also think the lack of physical play by our Lbers is a factor. I liked what Jenkins did, but I still think our lbers are just sorta…meh.

I see your point about tackling Randy

and I agree with you

I just thought it was noteworthy that college players may be tackling better than NFL pros

Some trends int he NFL are copied by college, and some aren’t
    There is defaintely more passing in college than there ever has been
    But I think they still practice tackling in colllege

I guess this might be one area where you can point to the terms of the CBA for the change

Lou

I highly doubt Omar reads this blog. He may still read the other one, because that’s where we went when we left him. Then again, I could be wrong

Piggy,
    Ever since the rules for practicing in the NFL changed, it impacted how teams can hit and practice tackling. I’m not sure, but I assume there’s more hitting in college practices.

Also, if I’m a defender in the NFL nowadays, I purposely tone down my tackling because of the possibility of getting flagged for an illegal hit. The rules are just ridiculous now. You can’t be a good tackler when you’re tentative and worrying about where you hit a guy.

Have a good one fellas/gals….back to the grind.

Later Randy

75. professor lou says:

word is, Goodell wants all of the teams to add pink to their uniforms as an accent color

Omar doesn’t read these blogs cause Twitterella is too busy to have time to read real insight. 🙂

Suh is going to be tough for most teams to sign, because most of them are fighting to retain or replace some people on their teams through FA, as well as extend some of their talent. Rumopr also was that he wants to go to a west coast team. I have looked at all of those teams and none of them are in the right position to make it happen, they either are resigning a back to back superbowl attending QB, and resigning important FA’s, or they have tons of starters hitting FA, or they have 0 cap space and would have to cut a ton of players to get to place they could even consider it.

Scary thing is, the team that i have heard have interests in him that does have the means to sign him, and it wouldn’t fuck them up badly, is the Jets. Bills are in a similar situation, but their DL is already sick and probably dont need him. Its making me a little nervous with the Jets being in such a good position to get him, and its going to suck if they do.

It would be Cap suicide to spend on Suh….IMO. We got lots of areas to address, plus we are on the verge of rewarding Timex a big contract to QB this team.

I don’t think its cap suicide

Look at the Lions
      they’ve spent a ton of $ on Calvon Johnson and their QB

Teams can spend big $ on elite players and survive
      but those players have to play like elite players or its just overspending

Most good teams have a few really high priced players on their team
      the key is to spend the $ on the right players

I really equate signing Suh to be similiar to signing Mario Williams
    Mario Williams had made the Bills DL one of the better DL int he NFL
    I think Suh will do that wherever he goes
    but he will cost a lot of $
    so you better manage your $ right

I went into great detail on my research regarding us signing Suh and we COULD pull it off, but there would be most definite sacrifices we would make and im not sure the overall sacrifice would match the gain we could have. Signing Suh would pretty muc mean we would have to cut most if not all of the people that we have said could be cut on this team, and on top of that we would likely only be able to sign or resign 2 additional players tops from FA. Given we get some to restructure and cut others, extend Pouncey to shift some of his cap hit around, we will probably at best be sitting at 32ish mil in cap space, of which su is going to cost 16-20mil on cap next year, depending on how we structure it (keep in mind we cant load next years cap hit up because we will be trying to re-sign Tanny). If thats the case we have used half to 60% of our cap space on him. That left over 12-16mil would likely sign a top OG or TE, 6-8mil cap hit, and leave just enough for us to cover our draft class.

This would take us pretty much cutting everybody thats not nailed down lol, and would mean we would have to lean HARD on the draft to replace some starters. I really want it to be possible, but i dont see it. It woudl put us in a bad place, especially on the subject of retaining Tanny.

Piggy as to the Bills doing it, the bills also were not paying very much for some positions that really cost ya. They didnt have a ton of money invested in their LT nor QB in particular. We have a high cost at both those positions so our wiggle room in havening top money invested at another position is limited. Wallace being gone next year would help the argument for next year a lot, but still we would have to make it to next year first, and even then, Tannys contract is going to surpass Wallace’s cap hit so we would still be in the red, just not by as much.

The Jets need offense. It would be great for the defense, but they still won’t be able to score.

They came out with how much is going to charity cause of the last second meet and greet at the Superbowl. The guys giving to good causes who won’t get a tax deduction are:

Bruce Irvin — $10,000
    Michael Bennett, Michael Hoomanawanui and Gronk — $8,268 each.

Hey Mr. Ross (I know you’re reading this) if you bring in Suh I will buy season tickets.
    So, you’ve got that going for you.

Dude — serious?……given the time travel involved that would make you OD, jr.

Not that I’m discouraging. Would make my day actually, even if Suh makes no cap sense.

It would be tough to make every game but my kids would go to some. I’d have to follow my boy if he came to town. Then I’d talk you into buying seats right next to me.

I won’t be getting seasons so long as OD keeps his. Might pick up some games or a seat in what you buy and plop myself down right next though.

D says:
    February 6, 2015 at 3:12 pm

D — have no doubt that you are right that we could sign Suh. But then I neither want him as a person or think that he fits with what makes sense for us. We might even be able to get Gronk for our next three first round picks……you get the idea (even if that choice is just about what we could do).

I get ya, but point of what i wrote was i think it would be too costly for us to get him, even though its technically feasible we could make the deal.

Then don’t sound so serious about it. 🙂

Lot of worse ideas have been thrown as true…….and what you didn’t mention in that is the magic of how Dawn can manipulate a first year cap hit. The woman is good.

The thing is, the Lions will more than likely be the ones signing or resigning Suh. They’ll let Fairly walk and others before they let Kong Suh go….so the whole argument is moot…IMO.

I think Suh wants out of there, so he might take something else as long as its comparable and not sacrificing a lot. I don’t think he is a Lion next year, but i also don’t think he is a Dolphin either.

February 6, 2015 at 2:59 pm
    —————————————
    Jets if they are smart address offense through the draft, though i would if i was them take a shot at TE. They though, have so much cap space, they could get Suh, and Thomas without having to do much of anything, and they would still have room left over. Right now they are sitting on about 40mil in cap space. When they cut Harvin, its going to be over 50mil.

This Williams guys seems to be alright, and its not the weakest spots on Oaklands defense so he was doing something ok there. They ranked better than us in run defense from their unit, but didnt tally many sacks. In his defense, he was working with a very talent deficient unit. I feel pretty good about the move overall though.

February 6, 2015 at 3:43 pm
    Then don’t sound so serious about it. 🙂

———————————————————
    She is good, but she would basically have to shit unicorns to have the magical power to keep that from cap killing us over the next 5-6 years. I wish it was possible, i think we would could completely flip the script on our defense, i think it could help all of those middle units (DT,MLB,S) to play better, but it would be very very costly, and likely back us in a corner for years to come.

Exactly the point……she can only manage the hit on what we do. She can delay, but can’t stop it from being there. Take that back — she seems good at getting guys to agree to cut years that aren’t realistic in exchange for less up front.

Think she does have the big picture in mind though, even if she can’t control. View her as a mitigation specialist.

Guess which song has been stuck in my head all day today…

If Aponte has to shit unicorns
    Then Aponte will shit unicorns

Safety Dance!

Piggy – Ireland shit acorns, Aponte can shit unicorns. lol

you guys shouldnt be picking on omar. after all today is a holiday all in his honor. which speaking of i want to wish you all a very very warm and happy International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Mike Wallace’s return is truly seen as 50/50. No one seems to know what #Dolphins will do there.

Thats what i have been saying i wouldnt put much stock on either side of that guess. Im at maybe 60/40 he stays, not my preference but more what i see as reality, but i think most here seem to think its a forgone conclusion. They take walking out on your team as some serious shit int he NFL, because if you aint part of the team your a hindrance to it.

I bet its actually that the media does not know what Dolphins will do
      rather than the Dolphisn don;t know what they will do
      I bet the Dolphins will ry to make the best of the situation and have a psuedo list in their mind
      1. Trade him for value
      2. Keep him
      3. trade him dirt cheap
      4. Cut him

I’m ok with Wallace staying 1 more year while draft some new WR talent that can get some experience in before he’s gone.

I’ve made my position clear. Unless there are irreconcilable differences, keep him, and get another big target for Tanny. Maybe with another target that must be respected, we’ll finally see Wallace blow the roof off of opposing defenses.

94. dbolt48 says:

Honestly, I hate Wallace, but if he can actually put the good of the team over what he wants in his vagina…Id be fine with him coming back. That means quit being a pecker head and not paying attention during team meetings. You’re a fucking vet who struggled lining up correctly last year and you should be ashamed of yourself. Put the fucking work in and shut your fucking trap. If he can’t do that then fucking cut him….you can’t have that entitled attitude poisoning the locker room.

95. dbolt48 says:

There goes that good guy image:

@ProFootballTalk: Darren Sharper’s codefendant implicates Reggie Bush in spiking drinks http://t.co/u935kzgw55

96. Silly Tim says:

Hey folks, back in snow covered and cold NJ. Hope all is well with everyone.

How was SC oh pickle master? lol

• Silly Tim says:

It was fun. Great food and good times. We flew in a small Untied Express jet, very close quarters and I wouldn’t recommend a big person flying that way.

Did something happen while I was gone with the pickle conversation because I didn’t understand why it was going on days after I left for vacation, and I couldn’t catch up with every blog article?

“I didn’t understand why it was going on days after I left”

Basically we missed you Tim, just got wallowed waiting for your return. 🙂

How was the trip? Sounded like a good time, but tell the best stories dude.

97. Silly Tim says:

Stanger, nothing crazy other than 6 of us (couples) stumbled about in Charleston back to the hotel after a day of pub spirits, oysters and shrimp and then karaoke at night until they closed. LOL

I did enjoy the horse and buggy ride in Charleston and learning about some of the history. My sister-in-law is African American so that’s a different perspective from her point of view.

TAKE THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your score is: 4713 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 29 (IND): Paul Dawson, OLB/ILB, TCU (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
    Round 2 Pick 24 (PITT): Jaquiski Tartt, SS/FS, Samford (B)
    Round 2 Pick 29 (IND): Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (C-)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Joey Mbu, DT, Houston (B)
    Round 3 Pick 24 (DET): Kevin White, CB, TCU (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Tony Lippett, WR, Michigan State (A)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Tayo Fabuluje, OT, TCU (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State (C)

99. Silly Tim says:

Oh man, the mock drafts are alive and well. All we need are new coaches, not talent. LOL

Talent?
      Your score is: 4767 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
      Round 1 Pick 14: Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State (B)
      Round 2 Pick 15: Chris Hackett, FS, TCU (B+)
      Round 3 Pick 14: Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama (A)
      Round 4 Pick 15: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A-)
      Round 5 Pick 14: Martrell Spaight, OLB, Arkansas (B-)
      Round 6 Pick 15: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)
      Round 7 Pick 15: Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State (A)

100. Silly Tim says:

I see Tyler Varga is so good he’s still a late round steal. Why not the 2nd round?

on your Big Board you can put him in the 2nd!
    I almost want to draft him tom make him your Lynch!!!!!!!!!!!
    😉

• Silly Tim says:

LOL

I just never understood the sourness of drafting Lynch in the 5th rd. He wasn’t a result of not drafting Ebron or Amaro who we didn’t have a chance of passing on, he was another prototype TE like Sims who can do a little bit of everything teams ask TEs to do. They line up in-line, wide, at FB and at H-back. When we want to go big and get a short yardage 1st down we can go Sims and Lynch. If one goes down we still have a prototype TE who can do it all. Clay is more of an H-back/receiver, not a complete TE.

I like those 3 at TE heading into the season. I have no problem trying to find another receiving weapon at TE, but it’s not a priority.

Get the big, physical WR instead.

Wyomig, is SunLife big enough to hold that many players? 😉

We were joking that while you were away, you were taking pickle jar picker-upper classes. lol

That’s what all the pickle talk was about.

104. Try Pod says:

In sitting in the theatre, waiting for Jupiter Ascending to start. I hope it’s worth it.

Jeremy Mauss ‏@JeremyMauss · 7m7 minutes ago
    Chuckie Keeton received a medical redshirt and will be back with Utah State in 2015 http://sbnation.com/e/7758438

106. dbolt48 says:

So now the Pats & their fan base are saying the Colts deflated the football that got picked. Christ I hate that organization and fan base.

• Silly Tim says:

I think the 2015/16 season should set a new era. It’s SB 1. The NFL had a horrible season for a lot of reasons. 2015 will have a new set of laws.

Christ hears ya man…I think he’s Dolphin fan, well maybe a fan & creator of porpoises. 🙂

Try – Enjoy man!

I caved in and traded back so I could get some of the guys I wanted to draft. Unrealistic, but fun. I would be ecstatic if we got this haul.

Your score is: 4734 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 2 Pick 24 (PITT): Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (B)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville (A)
    Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB/DE, Louisville (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma (B-)

109. Silly Tim says:

LOL @ all the mock drafts. The combine and pro days level everything out. It’s way too early to go this deep into the draft. Maybe we have a good idea about most of the top 10. LOL

Don’t forget about free agency…that reshapes the landscape as well.

• Silly Tim says:

Yes… absolutely!
        DT: UFA – a proven vet, big anchor.
        OG: UFA – a proven vet, not at the end of career.
        RB: UFA – Frank Gore.
        LB: UFA – a proven vet, not at the end of career.

We gots nothing else to really do right now. It’s over the top, but the draft is all we have until we get back to playing again. I think it’s going to be a quiet FA for us, we’re hurtin’ cap wise.

Guess who is enjoying some Mezcal

The Raiders plan to let free agent C Stefen Wisniewski test the open market.
    Wisniewski isn’t expected to be re-signed after the Raiders failed to get an extension done during the season. He’s been a full-time starter since entering the league in 2011 — missing only three games over the last four seasons. 25-year-old Wisniewski should draw interest from multiple teams. He’s seeking a contract in the range of $3 million annually.

I like this guy, been looking at him as a FA for us. He can play both C/G, and $3M isn’t bad for a young durable proven OL.
      Pouncey can stay @ RG, restructure, or hit the road, or whoever wins the C spot the other guy plays G.
      This guy is also a fit for ZBS and is smart with the line calls.

Silly Tim says:
    February 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm

No, I did not pick up on it. I thought it was weird. LOL

you are squatting over pickle jars to open them up and you are calling us weird.

I have mentioned before that I also like Clint Boling as our LG, he too is 25, proven & should come reasonable.

114. Try Pod says:

Ok, so for what it’s worth, DO NOT spend your money to see Jupiter Ascending. The story is thin, the acting is shaky. I sense the movie was made to give the wachowski brothers an excuse to have a movie that ess just special effects.

Good morning!

Try – I think a lot of movies these days are all about dazzling CGI effects, 3D effects, and booming soundtracks. For the most part, I don’t really expect much from those movies anymore. Sometimes, I’m pleasanly surprised, like with Guardians of the Galaxy, but more often than not, these movies have little or no substance.

• Try Pod says:

Well the above mentioned movie definitely fits that bill. My wife had wanted to see it since she first saw a preview. I wasn’t sold, not because I am smart or anything but because it is my default setting- assume every movie can be seen and appreciated at home, but look for reasons to have to see it in the theatre.

116. jetsssuck says:

did you ever notice the smiley face on tannyhills towel.

117. jetsssuck says:

I hope it is not some trademarking waterproof symbol.

• jetsssuck says:

g.gif (GIF Image, 6 × 5 pixels):
      0.05 KB (50 bytes)
      Quirks mode
      UTF-8

this is some of the info I gathered about our smiley face. Hell it could be just Wilson coming back

GDP – I like Wisniewski, I wanted to draft him. Problem is, why are the Raiders letting him walk?

119. dbolt48 says:

Indoor soccer sucks ass!

ESPN reports that Richie Incognito will be signed by the Bills pending his passing a physical examination Saturday.

He and Rexy are a match made in…..well somewhere.

• Silly Tim says:

I’m sure the sports community will spin it in a positive light for Rexy. You know, this is the perfect place for Incognito, Rexy is a players coach, Incognito will behave under Rexy blah blah blah.

But does Rexy really make them behave or just tolerate what is unacceptable elsewhere?

Think RIchie’s biggest punishment of all is going to be waking up in Buffalo instead of Lauderdale though.

121. Silly Tim says:

What’s this about a smiley face on Tannehill’s towel?

122. Silly Tim says:

Stanger, no on Rexy handling players. That’s what the media spin will be.

Just a report from a guy already in trouble and Reggie always seemed like one of the good guys. Also leaves open that this exactly might be exactly what the women wanted.

—————————————–
    A co-defendant in the Darren Sharper rape case has accused former Saints running back Reggie Bush of distributing drinks spiked with ecstacy to women four years ago in Las Vegas.

According to the report, the former St. Bernard Parish Sheriff’s deputy told the investigators he saw Bush drop ecstasy into Champagne glasses and hand out the party drug to women at a Las Vegas dance club in the spring of 2011, shortly before Bush was traded by the Saints to the Miami Dolphins.

124. Silly Tim says:

jetssuck, my guess it was an error of some sort when the blog was built.

Just for Tim in the morning! 😉

Your score is: 4749 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 30 (G.B.): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (B)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 17 (K.C.): Markus Golden, OLB/ILB, Missouri (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 23 (ARI): D’Joun Smith, CB, Florida Atlantic (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 30 (G.B.): Chris Hackett, FS, TCU (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Tony Lippett, WR, Michigan State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State (B)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Mike Hull, ILB, Penn State (D+)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Tayo Fabuluje, OT, TCU (A)

We should shove a golf club up Richie’s ass the first time we play him.

Wyo

Who’s Chris Hackett?

128. professor lou says:

I find it hard to believe Reggie Bush would need to spike women’s drinks in order to get laid. That mofo could get laid just by looking at a woman. He probably has his choice of several or several hundred if he goes to a club.

129. professor lou says:

Wisniewski was a guy I wanted us to draft straight out of Penn State. Elite talent at center and an ironman.

Mike E: Shirley you’ve heard of Chris Hackett’s smaller brother?? –Can’t Hackett??

OD — get you renew info yet? From what I’ve read, have the feeling the big choice for you is going to be staying on the home side or a better seat on the other.

NO!!–The package they mailed me was supposed to be here yesterday! –IF it’s not here today I’m gonna call the ticket office Monday. I’m SURE they’ll love to hear from me, again!

OD — when you get it, seriously urge you to consider going back to visitor side. Yes you will have to put up with the sun next year……..but year after the shade protection will be in place. And the seat position will last from then on.

HEY YOUNG STANGER: How’s the weather in Ft. Lauderdale today?? –Currently it’s 69 in Tampa heading up to about 72 today. Barely a cloud to be seen!! –Gonna get out and walk all 3 of my dogs!! –BTW, the one we adopted a couple of months ago is over her pneumonia and very frisky. She’s up from 7 pounds of skin-and-bones to a robust 12 pounds!! Training her to take a dump when I say “New York Jets!”

Silly Tim says:
    February 7, 2015 at 9:50 am (Edit)

What’s this about a smiley face on Tannehill’s towel?

I think someone is using it to triangulate our site. We apparently have big secrets here. lol

134. jetsssuck says:

Silly Tim says:
    February 7, 2015 at 10:04 am

It’s on the blog, not on the image. Not sure why it’s there.
    ——————————————————————————————————————
    what’s really weird is the smiley face goes into highlighted mode when either tim or mike e leaves a message and it’s the last one on message board . Spooky and it’s not even Halloween. I know cell phones can track a individuals location.

LOL JS — if you want more info on cell phone tracking….ask Aaron Hernandez. 🙂

• jetsssuck says:

i’m just saying what I’m seeing when you or mike e make comments. Maybe nsa is tracking you 2? It’s kind of creepy.

• Silly Tim says:

What are you suggesting?

• herdfan says:

I have no idea of any of that. We used a template to set up the blog, it’s wordpress twentyten. Then it was tweaked a bit, the shadow around the avatars and the comment boxes as examples. I know the wordpress support people are referred to as ‘happiness engineers’. Maybe it has something to do with that?

135. Silly Tim says:

Lou, I’m sure Darren Sharper didn’t have a hard time getting laid either. That kind of behavior isn’t about that, it’s some other type of social disorder.

136. Silly Tim says:

jetssucks, I don’t see it highlighting at any time.

137. jetsssuck says:

maybe you need to ensure your background colors for webpage is normal.

138. jetsssuck says:

got to go to take a nap guys going to see a late movie tonight at 7pm

139. Silly Tim says:

I find it funny how assistant coaches are evaluated based on their units’ performance. Like our new DL coach Terrell Williams and how the Raiders’ DL performed. It’s more about talent than a coach making the unit better than they actually are. All a coach can do is teach fundamentals and technique to get guys ready to play. Then it’s up to the players to execute and produce. I don’t care how good a coach is, you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Unless a coach is totally clueless, talent will always rise to the occasion and limited talent will not.

WELL the second time I yelled “New York Jets” my little dog did her ‘bombs away!’ – – If enough people hate the Jets, maybe I could turn this into a second occupation?

Round 1 Pick 14: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 18 (HOU): Clive Walford, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
    Round 4 Pick 5 (NYJ): Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 1 (BUF): Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 21 (CINN): Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)
    Round 6 Pick 6 (WASH): Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (B+)

142. Silly Tim says:

I’d rather go UFA for a DT because there are a few of them this year, and go big WR in the draft because there are a lot of them but not so much in FA and they’re expensive.

We need a big, strong anchor in the mix, not an elite guy. I’d go with that guy, Mitchell and Starks and then Fede to do some of the stuff Odrick did. A big key is Jordan and McCain becoming dynamic front 7 defenders and they have flashed that ability but both have been hampered by personal issues and injuries. These two guys could add another dimension to our defense and lessen some snaps from Wake and Vernon. Keep everyone fresh.

Then add a good traditional LB – a tackling machine. We need better tackling in the back end. I think our smallish secondary is part of the problem. We need to get a little bigger there.

I have no problem with drafting talent at DT. If they think Shelton is the guy, fine. If we can get a guy in FA, that’s fine too, it will give us flexibility with our 1st and 2nd picks. Our defense got RUN OVER towards the end of the year, so whatever they do to fix it is cool with me. We’ll never contend until we do.

Nice job Mike E. Safety Dance.

What’s up FUers? Finally got a chance to hang out here for a little. Busy week at work. I couldn’t get on here much.

Thanks Ken – I’ve been singing it for a day or two now.

That is crazy production by Holliman. You have me intrigued Mike E.

I hope Coyle, Philbin and Hickey are intrigued as well. He has warts, but man, we could use someone back in the secondary that can play CF, and bring us some turnovers.

Not much Ken – Still at work myself at the moment, but I should be leaving in about 20 minutes. How’s the new job, besides the fact that you don’t have time to blog?

It’s crazy busy. They expect me to work for a living instead of blogging. I have a higher case load and I am in court almost every day. But it is job security so I can’t complain.

I still think we need to go DT, OG and WR ahead of S in this draft. But a ballhwking FS would be nice too.

Brian in NY says:
    February 6, 2015 at 7:31 pm (Edit)
    This would suck:

___________________________________________________
    I don’t see how that could happen. They already have big money invested in the secondary, they want to re-sign Lynch and they have Russell Wilson’s contract coming on the horizon.

OK, closing up the office now. I’ll catch you guys a little later.

152. rgs322 says:

Your score is: 5175 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
    Round 2 Pick 22 (DET): Chris Hackett, FS, TCU (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama (A)
    Round 3 Pick 24 (DET): Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A)
    Round 4 Pick 10: (T.B.) Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Cameron Artis-Payne, RB, Auburn (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (A-)

Ken, my son wants to be a business lawyer, what advice do you have for him? He speaks Japanese fluently.

Your score is: 5125 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B-)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State (A)

155. Silly Tim says:

I think we should just draft Tyler Varga 1st round and be done with it. LOL

Round 1 Pick 14: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (B)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.) (B)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Clive Walford, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Chris Hackett, FS, TCU (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Lorenzo Doss, CB, Tulane (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Jake Ryan, OLB, Michigan (A)

Round 1 Pick 26 (BALT): Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (B)
    Round 2 Pick 11 (CLE): Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 12 (N.O.): Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (CAR): Clive Walford, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 4 (OAK): Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 18 (HOU): Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB/DE, Louisville (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 26 (BALT): Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (C)
    Round 4 Pick 14 (PHI): Geneo Grissom, OLB, Oklahoma (C+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (C-)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Chaz Green, OT, Florida (E)

The Baltimore Sun’s Mike Preston believes DL Haloti Ngata could be cut if he and the Ravens cannot agree on a contract extension.
    Baltimore’s preferred option in dealing with Ngata’s untenable $16 million cap hit is a contract extension similar to the one OLB Terrell Suggs signed last offseason, but Ngata has been reluctant to renegotiate the last several years. The Ravens could save $8.5 million by cutting Ngata, but Ngata was still a force inside last season despite missing four games due to suspension. With Ngata heading into the final year of his deal, an extension makes sense for both sides, but it is still far from a sure thing Ngata is a Raven next season.

159. Silly Tim says:

3 questions for 2015

1. Is Philbin and his staff competent enough to coach this team to the playoffs?
    2. Is Tannehill capable of leading this team to the playoffs?
    3. Does the rest of the team rise to the occasion to make the playoffs?

• Try Pod says:

4. Does the pope shit on the woods?

• Try Pod says:

Is it ethical to yell “Movie!” In a crowded fire house?

• dbolt48 says:

1. I believe with a healthy team the coaching staff is capable
      2. Tannehill showed this year he has the ability to lead this team to the playoffs, but he also showed he can’t walk on water with a poor OL and very limited weapons.
      3. I believe the rest of the team can rise to the occasion as long as we have the right guys in the locker room and cut the divisive player.

160. Silly Tim says:

GD, go ahead and draft the next Josh Gordon (2nd rd sup pick) 1st rd. When he doesn’t play blame Hickey. LOL

• jahndoh says:

Matt Miller ✔ @nfldraftscout
      If Josh Gordon scares you, add in a domestic assault and you have DGB. Big risk for NFL teams.

• dbolt48 says:

They have to quit comparing him to Gordon. Not similar….it should be Lawrence Phillips.

• jahndoh says:

That’s the same tweet that Miller put out 2 weeks ago. It’s not like he keeps repeating himself. Gordon is more recent and plays the same position….I get it.

161. Silly Tim says:

Try, playmakers win big games. Coaching only goes so far. Great players make the difference along with unsung heros.

We look at the defensive collapse and blame Coyle as LBs and DBs went down. The DL was small and the LBs average at best. The secondary had great potential and finished well, but that is only due to teams running on us the last 6 games. The 1st 10 don’t count. 😉

What went wrong from being a top 5 overall defense the first 10 games to falling apart?

162. Silly Tim says:

dbolt48 says:
    February 7, 2015 at 5:10 pm

LOL

Why even bother with this guy? Is he the next SB MVP for years to come? Probably not!

163. Silly Tim says:

Dbolt, I’m just talking about fucking up, not exactly how. We’re not a team that can deal with 2-3 year psych developmental projects.

164. dbolt48 says:

LOL….Mike set the stage for trade down drafts
    YOUR TEAM: MIAMI DOLPHINS

Your Picks:
    Round 2 Pick 12 (N.O.): Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 21 (CINN): Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 26 (BALT): Jaquiski Tartt, SS/FS, Samford (B)
    Round 2 Pick 32 (N.E.): Nelson Agholor, WR, Southern California (B)
    Round 3 Pick 11 (N.O.): Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (A)
    Round 3 Pick 13 (CLE): Josue Matias, OG, Florida State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Andy Gallik, C, Boston College (B)
    Round 3 Pick 21 (CINN): Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina (A)
    Round 3 Pick 26 (BALT): Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon State (C+)
    Round 3 Pick 32 (N.E.): Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State (C-)
    Round 4 Pick 12 (CLE): Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami (Fla.) (B)
    Round 4 Pick 13 (N.O.): Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Marcus Hardison, DT, Arizona State (D+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Tayo Fabuluje, OT, TCU (D+)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi St. (C+)

Tim, most all players are what if’s. Very few choir boys in the NFL.
    Takes a good organization, HC, etc, to manage the many types of players.

Yes DGB could be a big headache, but he could also be a new star.
    Guess, more will be known after combine, pro days, and team workouts/interviews.

I’d also take Kevin White…but he could turn out to be the next Carruth or Hernandez too, ya just never know…lol

166. professor lou says:

Silly Tim says:

February 7, 2015 at 5:14 pm

_______________
    Could be snap count for guys like Vernon and Odrick. They play a lot of snaps compared to others. But, the thing that’s lost in all of the conversation is what I’ve been saying for at least 3 years now and that is we needed to upgrade our LB’s and others pointed out we have Misi, Wheeler and Ellerbe so where is another LB going to fit in. well, all I can say is results speak for themselves. We need to have guys who can play and the only LB who stepped it up this past season was Jenkins. Hopefully, he’s not just a one year wonder.
    We need a new DT that can help shore up the run game and a new MLB who can help do the same. If we don’t get that it’s going to be another long season for us Fins fans.

Tim hates Tyler Varga as much as I hate Lynch

• dbolt48 says:

You guys are racist. I’m going to tweet Lynch and tell him you want to fight him at the next fest…LOL. You can can tweet Varga and tell him Tim wants to fight him at the fest also. Now you can argue over which match is the undercard and which is the main event 😄

I don’t think I can take Lynch, but I could probably beat him one on one in coverage, both ways, on offense and on defense. lol

168. professor lou says:

Concerning DGB, yeah he could very well be the next Megatron but unfortunately this team can’t afford to take the risk on him right now. No team really can afford to take the risk you have the next Ray Rice on your hands but the Fins REALLY can’t afford it.
    I’d rather take two receivers from the 2nd rd on.

169. professor lou says:

So, Davante Parker is sitting there when we pick at #14. Do we take him? If we take him does Wallace now become expendable? Do we pass and trade down for more picks?
    I’d be happier taking Strong and another guy or even wait until 2nd rd and take one wr there and another in the 3rd or 4th.

I just published a new blog

171. Silly Tim says:

LOL @ the Varga comments. I just think it’s funny how everyone must have him in the 5th or 6th round. LOL

Just for you Tim!!! 😉
    Luke Easterling ‏@LukeEasterling · 4h4 hours ago
    NEW VIDEO at @draftbreakdown: Yale RB Tyler Varga vs. Harvard (via @TonyWiltshire) #NFLDraft http://draftbreakdown.com/video/tyler-varga-vs-harvard-2014-2/