WEDGE SCOUTING REPORT: DEVANTE PARKER

D.Parker1Wedge ID

If there is anything an Intergalactic Alien loves more than  researching the destruction of Earth, its big playmaking wide receivers.  That is what DeVante Parker is.  This first rounder may be the best wide receiver in the draft.  At 6’3, 211 pounds he has sort of a lanky build.  This guy is a deep threat but I’m not sure its raw speed alone that gets him so open deep.  I’ve seen some experts suggest he will run a sub 4.40 time in the 40 at the combine others suggest he is far slower.

Parker4

He probably has the potential to make some Odell Beckham style catches when he gets into the NFL.  What really jumps out about Parker is his catch radius.  If the ball is near him – its his!  He reminds me of a Yxservian Ship Eater I encountered once off the coast of the ∇Uÿuvian Zone.  Chomp Chomp Chomp – I was lucky to get away.  But you can bet no football will get away from Parker.

DParker2

Size, Speed and great hands…sounds like a dream right?  But like most prospects there are question marks about Parker.  Most notably, he isn’t very physical.  Does it matter?  Well not if he is streaking by you it doesn’t.  But even receivers like Randy Moss used hand technique to get by DBs.  Parker has the look of a guy who won’t make contact if he can avoid it.  He has to work on that at the next level.  Its one reason I think Parker may not make an immediate impact in the same way some rookie receivers made an immediate impact this year.

DeVante-Parker-1

The positives far outweigh the negatives though.  You would think after losing Teddy Bridgewater as his QB in 2013 he would decline – nope!  Parker kept on producing for Louisville.  He is a really smooth runner and a crisp route runner, although again, there appears to be differing opinions among experts about his route running.  But what I like about Parker is his ability to spot the ball in mid-air and adjust to it

DParker3

He had a strong day against Florida State in 2014.  He blew up PJ Williams who is projected to be a first or second round CB and helped the Cardinals give the Seminoles an early scare.

Parker 3

Parker is going to catch a lot of TDs in the NFL.  Look at him get up there and get the ball.  I’m not sure there is a better receiver in this draft when it comes to running fade routes.  Think that would help Tannehill?

ParkerGrenande

I’ve seen Parker compared to Keenan Allen a lot.  But If I am comparing Parker to a weapon, its a Galactic Radius Grenade.  If the ball gets near him – it stays with him.   Check out his highlights!

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

365 Responses to WEDGE SCOUTING REPORT: DEVANTE PARKER

1. Try Pod says:

I’m no scout, but if we go weapon with our first pick, this is the guy I want. I saw the game against the U, and though he didn’t have a lot of targets, he produced when he was asked, good, tough catches. I’ve read some saying he does not pay the sideline well, and he doesn’t get both feet in on catches, but I don’t see that as a problem. He can learn adjust to the pro game just fine.

2. dbolt48 says:

Nice write Pig. I’d have no complaints if Miami took him. That being said he has his own flaws that need to be corrected. He doesn’t gain constant separation in his routes, which can be corrected. As you said in your write up he doesn’t have elite deep speed, but makes up for it by his ability to high point the ball. The big issue with him from my standpoint that will prove a hinderence to him in the pros is his lack of boundary awareness. He runs his routes so tight to the sideline and limits the chances for him & his QB to make a play. Those spectacular leaping grabs on the sideline that he makes due to his limited boundary awareness won’t be catches in the pros as most of those catches were with a single foot in bounds. With that said I do like Parker and see him as 1st round material, but I don’t see a Keenan Allen comparison….I think he compares a lot to Ochocinco coming out of college….He was damn good. I think good coaching and improved boundary awareness will eventually have him as pro-bowl level player.

3. dbolt48 says:

I am really starting to get the feeling Nelson Agohlar is going to really come into play for us draft time.

He is a guy no one talks about
      Same with Sammie Coates

I don;t see us sitting at the 14th pick in both the first and 2nd rounds
      So moving around a little might lead to drafting a WR that is not one of the top 3 (which in my mind are White, Cooper and Parker)

• dbolt48 says:

If he improved his route running he can be very productive day 1. Tannehill has shown he’ll use a WR rookie or not as long as they are doing their job. It’s on Parker to tighten up on his routes. That said I think he ends up in a Viking uniform.

Wrong post

• dbolt48 says:

Pure physical upside to be the best WR of this class lies w/ Coates & Perriman. Doesn’t mean they will, but their pure physicality on the field is unmatched.

• dbolt48 says:

In regards to Agohlar, he would step into a prominent role day 1 with this team. He runs good routes and is deadly with his RAC ability. Also a very good returner who works great in traffic. He reminds me of Randall Cobb with his suddenness and movement in condensed spaces. Cobb had more consistent hands coming into the league, but Agohlar has a very similar on field game.

ACCORDING TO 247sports.com, Florida Atlantic’s 2015 recruiting class was #1 in Conference USA, the first time this has ever happened in the 15 year history of the program. –I DON’T put too much emphasis on these things. BUT it’s a sure sign the program is headed in the right direction. SOME DAY an FAU product will be playing for the Dolphins!!

Hope all of you folks have a terrific day. Talk to you after work.

I had no idea D-Bolt was such a Parker hater. SHEESH!

6. jetsssuck says:

congratulations to richard sherman and his newly born child on 2-5-15. Wait shermans number is 25.

DBolt
    I agree about Coates being the best pure physical prospect
    but he makes Parker’s route running look like Jerry Rice
    Coates needs a lot of work IMO

• dbolt48 says:

No doubt he needs refinement. Was only talking about pure physical ability. Like I said above I see the team going more for someone like Agohlar at this time.

jetssuck – Seems unfair that those little guys have to try and block that monster.

That guy is huge, but he should learn to stand under the basket because he can hardly move, he’ll never make it in football at higher levels. Sloth speed.

Try,
    Thanks for posting the pic yesterday of the link I had put up. I don’t know which pics will show or not its always a crap shoot.

• Try Pod says:

Yes, I’m trying to figure out how to guarantee posting pics/vids as opposed to links. So far it seems you have to find where your image/vid is ‘rooted’, and not just a link to where a copy of it is available.

Son – I can’t watch the video at work, so all I see is the pictures of that behemoth against those poor little guys. lol

D-Bolt

According to NFL.com, Agholor is best suited as a slot receiver. We need a boundary WR. He doesn’t have the speed to play on the outside.

• dbolt48 says:

Fuck NFL.com…….😉. We are looking for RAC WRs in this offense. He has more than enough speed to play the boundary. He’s not a 4.3 WR, but rather upper 4.4 low 4.5. He can play either slot or boundary fine.

This is what Draftsite.com has for us at the moment (it will change quite a bit):

14 Shaq Thompson* OLB Washington
    46 Nelson Agholor* WR USC
    78 Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest
    114 Corey Robinson OT South Carolina 6′ 7″ 345
    154 Chucky Hunter DT TCU 6′ 1″ 300
    190 Tre McBride WR William & Mary
    7 230 Shaquille Riddick OLB West Virginia

Sammie Coates

I don’t know why it just popped into my head but I just remembered Ireland saying after he drafted Jonnelle and Eggnuts, “If our evaluations were correct we nailed it”.
    Ahhhh, those evals, they were phucked. And so were we…

D-Bolt

That was an NFC scout that said that about Agholor. We’ll see what he does at the combine.

This was also on NFL.com, which is why I just go by what I see LOL:

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Agholor is a precise route runner with speed that will translate to the next level, even though he will need to improve his concentration after a number of uncharacteristic mental mistakes and drops in 2014. One NFC scout compared the wideout to Colts veteran Reggie Wayne, and NFL media analysts believe the comparison is an apt one.

The NFL has thousands of scouts, and there are always differing opinions. All I know is we have our slot guy, and if Wallace is NOT on the team, we need a guy with some speed. We’ll see how Agholor fares at the combine. If he’s a 4.4 or thereabouts, fine, if he’s a 4.5 or higher, we should look elsewhere IMO

That’s a nice comparison

Son,
        I never really saw the Wayne comparison with Agohlor…..Although I do think Amari Cooper is a Clone of Wayne. Always saw Agohlor like Cobb, but he is better than Hartline, Gibson, Matthews on the perimeter.

Randy

If you”re lurking, just wondering if you’ve watched TE Maxx Williams, and what your thoughts are. Thanks!

17. dbolt48 says:

NFP on Agohlor:

While Agholor is listed as being 6010 – 190, he looks bigger. He has a lot of length and is well built. He is an excellent athlete with great body control. He has smooth change of direction and very good speed. He will probably run in the mid to high 4.4’s at the Combine. He is a very good route runner who can make sharp cuts with a quick burst to gain separation. He does a good job using change of pace to set up a defender. He is equally effective as a long and short receiver and has excellent ability to adjust to the ball to go along with exceptional hands. He tracks the ball very well, can consistently high-point the ball, and can make the circus catch. He consistently competes for the ball in traffic and his run-after-catch skills are excellent. He can consistently turn the short catch into a long gain.

I can see Agholor being drafted very high (assuming he runs well) and he will start early in his career. I can see him becoming a team’s number one receiver in short order. He also has the return skills to be a club’s top punt returner

18. jetsssuck says:

who won the national HS recruiting this year. I know St.Thomas Aquinas HS had a all time record of 52-53 kids. I saw espn news trucks this morning at American Heritage HS.

Dbolt thanks for the info on Agholor after seeing what they liked in Landry last year and how they want essentially a fleet of similar guys he certainly looks like a guy we’d be interested in. He shows excellent speed on these punt returns and there are plenty of plays where he out runs the defense as well.

• dbolt48 says:

Your welcome. As I said with Robert Woods before I had to get over my stigma of USC WRs. This guy is field fast and really has excellent RAC ability. There’s a lot to like about him in our offense.

Dbolt, I see the Wayne comparison, for Agholor, in his size and hands. He looks pretty good. If he could mind meld with Tanny the way Wayne did with Manning we’ll be onto something.

• dbolt48 says:

I think it’s very important that with whatever WR we bring in that he puts the time in like Landry last year.

Absolutely, the days of mailing it in have got to stop. We need hungry, pissed off guys who have something to prove. And are willing to do it.

dbolt48 says:

February 5, 2015 at 9:45 am (Edit)

_______________________

I think that’s important for every positional player we draft. lol

Is it OK for the DT we draft to slack off? 😉

• dbolt48 says:

LOL….it’s important for every position. I prefer to have my WRs capably lining up where they are supposed to by the start of the season, let alone the end of the season where we had 2 WRs & 2TEs who were capable of doing that….LOL

I hear ya man. We need guys that can contribute immediately, no projects until later on in the draft. We need impact players NOW!!

• dbolt48 says:

Impact and guys who stay hungry & have an undeniable work ethic to go along with a high onfield IQ. Look at our WR’s. We had one who showed all of those traits. TE, I will say Simms really surprised me with the strides he made & he’s also showing that drive. Same can be said for Clay when healthy. Also love the strides Williams(HB) showed throughout the season along with Miller. We have some Hungry Skill players, but we need to add to it.

“We need impact players NOW!!”

Mike that’s why I like Shaq, I think we become a better team the instant we draft him. Position be damned, put him out there.

Totally understood, and agreed. It’s also why I like Holliman. I know he’s not a great tackler, but that guy is always in the right place, and has great ball skills.

Great article on Parker Pig. I’m starting my draft-pre…..thanks to guys like you.
    Where is he projected to go? Although sounds like from what you said the true answer will only come with his 40-time at the combine.

Most likely top 15, at worst top 20

He’ll be a first rounder.

I’m thinking soemwhere between 10-25

I don;t think his 40 time will be a huge factor
      he had a solid enough college career to impress people

I guess if he runs an insane 40 yard dash he can make a push for the 1st receive off the board

But I am getting the sense that Cooper and White will be off the board before Parker

who knows
      To a certain extent there seem to be trands amond scouts and lately Kevin White and DGB are making a push up the charts

• dbolt48 says:

Seen that chatter on White & DGB leapfrogging Cooper also. Cooper also fits what we want so if he drops, I won’t complain.

Sounds like we might be able to pick up a quality receiver below 14 though, and they do tend to drop lower than expected. Another reason to hope for a trade-down.

Stanger,
      If Parker gets past Minny there’s a good chance he drops to the mid twenties. If it’s Cooper who drops, then we might have a nice trade chip right there.

Nice Wedge report Piggs

If Cooper fell to us I would pick him not trade out, but I don’t see him getting out of the top ten.

• dbolt48 says:

If he fell I wouldn’t hesitate to draft nor hesitate to listen to trade offers. Never know when you might get a sweetheart of a deal

It is possible if he fell that someone might make a real sweet deal. Certainly you have to listen but that’s letting a blue-chipper slip through your fingers and we need some of those. It’s a tough one but as I said I doubt he falls, NFL brass is too smart usually.

Next year part of the new seating is going to include a few seats with this option, and that ain’t in a luxury box…..it’s field level seats.

Stanger

What’s in front of the seats? Can you see over it to see the field? It’s hard to tell what’s going on in that pic

Nice job Piggy … I mean Wedge. Parker is exactly what our offense needs besides linemen

OK, now I see what’s up. I looked at it on my phone. I thought the aqua was people sitting in a box. Now I see the seats are white, and empty. It was confusing me.

Pig — they are going to be a grand plus per person, but that includes limo service to and from the game in some kinda of special “don’t have to wait in the stadium traffic out” option. Unclear how much of the price is the lux seat versus the rest of that.

Will be curious how they arrange that stadium escape like Obama though. No way to they get a VIP lane just for the few that sit in those seats. Have a feeling Dade’s finest might shut down the rest of us at times and let the guys with their personal TVs flow through.

31. new age says:

Parker is probably my second favorite WR this draft. Will have to check aghole out. Thx guys!

LOL @ D-Bolt – I could help a married woman too.

Piggy – Good scouting report man. I do hope we get a big recever here, either a WR or TE, and one that can run, and be a huge red zone target.

I think Parker is a little more physical than White but White is more explosive. I would very happy with either

New Age

I don’t have a favorite. I’ll take any of those highly rated guys like Parker, White, Cooper or even DGB, although I can’t see him being taken here with Philbin as HC. Maybe it’s for the better anyway, we don’t need character issues.

36. dbolt48 says:

@AdamHBeasley: Multiple sources tell me that Terrell Williams is the Dolphins’ new defensive line coach. Was DL coach of Raiders from 2012-2014.

D-Bolt – Wait, so Williams accepted the job at Florida (Gators) and then quit to become our DL line coach?

Happy 81st Birthday Hammerin’ Hank Aaron!

February 5, 2015 at 12:16 pm
    Happy 81st Birthday Hammerin’ Hank Aaron!
    ————————–
    Mike — absolutely…….he’s a good dude.

Have a baseball signed by him. Thought it was gone for ever, but a few years ago I get a call from my ex-father-in-law. He says, found ball and wanted to send it back to you. Found it in the stuff (the ex) has stored at our place……figured it was yours cause it has your name on it.

Wow! That’s pretty cool. Cool that he was willing to give the ball back, and cool that Hank signed it. I agree, class gentleman all the way.

Dude (not Hank) is real quirky guy, but he has a sense of honor. Plus he has about as much respect for my ex as I do. My guess is he did that and then told her about it just make a point.

40. twicethethe says:

Nice scouting report Pigs. Hope he’s still there for us when we pick.

Latest Mock Draft Sports Illustrated (2 rounds):

“This is the first time Shelton has been mocked here to a team that plays predominantly out of a 4-3 alignment. The better projection for him still may be as a 3-4 nose, but he can be effective elsewhere.”

My Q on Shelton as well. Yeah he would be good…….but his greatest value on another team?

• jahndoh says:

Coyle’s shown to be plenty willing to play 3 man fronts. I think some media members get a little fixated and binary: “They play 3-4, they play 4-3” when in reality, there’s a lot of hybridization. If we took Shelton I’d be willing to bet that’s Coyle showing a willingness to adjust his scheme to his talent instead of the other way around.

But that’s taking a man and shifting the scheme. Works for me so long as Jordan becomes an LB.

41. new age says:

Mike E,
    I feel the same way. There isn’t really a monster TE this year so I would like to see a top WR here. I wouldn’t even mind Shelton if that agholor guy or another very talented WR drops into the 2nd. I don’t really want to move back unless it’s just a few spots. I don’t want another Odrick trade back scenario.

42. jahndoh says:

Al,

One thing to keep in mind is personnel. They were one slot better then us (per FO of course) with far inferior talent IMHO. That bodes well. LOL…but I’m ever the optimist.

Whew, I’ve been triangulating. That’s some tiring stuff.

Twice – Hayes Pullard? He’s like the 20th ranked LB on NFL.com I never even heard of him

Not that it matters to anyone but OD and myself but I have to correct something he posted. The Herd had the top recruiting class in CUSA. 🏈👍

46. jahndoh says:

Stanger, I guess my point is, the scheme already shifts even without Shelton on board, so it’s not a stretch to think we could take him and just do it a little more often on 1st and 2nd down.

Also, Jordan at LB sure wouldn’t upset a LOT of folk around here! 🙂

Jordan at LB and I’m in. But we have one lite-sized DE and Jordan would the 2nd. Not exactly the Rachel Ray recipe for a 3-4 set. I know they could switch…..but we have Jordan too………..and none of them are really 3-4 DEs. You gotta work with what you have.

47. jahndoh says:

For the first time in my adult life, the UCLA Bruins have the best recruiting class in the Pac-12!!!!

• jahndoh says:

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but I have to correct myself. The Bruins have the best recruiting class in the Nation!!!!!

😛

Jk/bb Herd/OD….proud of my team—for once! 🙂

Cool Jahn, they were a lot of fun to watch in their bowl game. Jack will be back too, he’s a good player.

• jahndoh says:

Yeah, a void at QB of course means no guarantees, but we haven’t had a real recruiter running the program for years, so I’m excited to see how it plays out…

I really like Hundley he probably wishes he could stay another year. I think he’ll be a good pro.

48. new age says:

If we can’t do better than Pullard in the top 50 picks then something is wrong. Not to denigrate the kid but I haven’t seen anything that thinks he’s higher than midrange.

49. Silly Tim says:

Hey folks, so we have a new DL coach I see. What else is new anything?

50. Silly Tim says:

I think base defenses are overrated. There are so many sub-packages now based on match ups.

so looks like the browns are going to lose a draft pick cause the GM was texting the coach about plays during the game. i get it is against the rules but it isnt giving the browns an unfair advantage like say taking the air out of the football. so the browns get punished and the pats will walk and be rewarded with another SB. the pats acting all the fool with ‘bitch mode’ t shirts and drinking during the parade and players having sex tapes or pics leaked. if that doesnt prove kraft has goodell in his back pocket i dont know what does.

all this talk of a draft is a waste till the other owners make a change

Bet you wish you was in that parade eh? 😉

• jahndoh says:

What change? Kick Kraft out of the club? Have you seen the numbers? There is ZERO chance they’re firing Goodell given the leagues success the last few years, and Goodell is a puppet anyway. He’s a strawman that fans blame shit on, but he’s powerless. All the ruling is coming from the owners, Goodell is little more then their henchman.

Not that I disagree with any of your concerns, because I don’t, but the Bitch Mode T-Shirt was supposedly printed by a fan who tossed it up to Blount who then held it up. Don’t know that it makes it any better, but at least it wasn’t pre-meditated I guess….

52. jahndoh says:

I was listening to NFL Sirius last night with Marvez and Polian. Polian has some AMAZING stories. Like when he originally scouted Tom Condon out of college, proceeded to have tough negotiations with him as a player, and then proceeded to have hundreds of tough negotiations with him as an agent. Polian said he enjoyed every one of them.

Something that stood out for us Dolphin fans though: There was a caller making his case that Belichick was the best coach ever, and Polian straight up said, for his money, Don Shula is the greatest NFL coach of all time.

speaking of recruiting classes. i heard on the radio so dont know how true it is but there was not one 5 star ranked recruit of all of the players in the SB.

It’s amazing how swift justice can be dished out on the Browns but the pats get nothing but time to make everyone forget. I agree ffr until something changes everything the league does is a big dumb joke and we’re all the suckers falling for it.

jahn

ha, what a joke, that is like saying paul warfield was the best wr ever for the dolphins.

We should, along with fans from every team, put together a video of all the egregious not called penalties the refs let the patsies get away with . Really this past season would be enough but go back even a few and they would be inundated with proof that the league has dipped into the WWF or even worse – NBA status (ffr joke right there).

Stop ruining our game you assholes!

jahn

i agree the league is at its most popular now. and i dont see that changing but i do hear more and more rumblings on local radio of how people are getting fed up with all the bs the cheats get away with and how the relationship with kraft and is baby commish is so glaringly wrong

For all you golfers out there……here is how the 2nd hole-in-one on a par four went down. You’ll have to wade through the 30-sec commercial……but makes me think I could be a pro, sorta.

jahn

that would be interesting to know. like i said heard it on the radio so dont know how true it is. i wonder if there is even a stat on how many of these five star recruits become good college players

60. jahndoh says:

Wow, didn’t realize Jarvis Landry was a 5 Star Recruit coming out of HS…guess it shows…

I said throughout the two weeks leading up to the super bowl that I believed the patsies had already bought and paid for that win and passing with 2 timeouts from a half yard out by a team that has Marshawn Lynch to me tends to support that theory. I’m not usually a conspiracy type but there is too much evidence on the part of the league towards the patsies that I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if this was the case. Remember when Nixon called a play for the Redskins way back, well this play was called by NFL brass.
    I’m just pissed off.

• jahndoh says:

If that were the case, that INT was cutting it way too close for a fixed outcome. It’s so unlikely that they’d do it on a play that so easily could result in the TD that it’d only work if the individual players were in on it too. I get your point about the countless things that seem to go their way, but I have a hard time believing a fix that big could possibly be the case.

62. jahndoh says:

I don’t have a number yet FFR, but it does seem like there are a lot of them:

“» There were 262 recruits given five-star status. There were as many as 38 five stars in one class, in 2002, and as few as 25, in both 2003 and 2004. The average number of five-star recruits in a class was 29.

» Of those 262, 116 were drafted (44.3 percent) and 42 went in the first round (16 percent); 38 percent of the five stars who were drafted were first-rounders.”

We also looked at the 2012 class, and 16 of the 32 five-star prospects are available in this year’s draft.

NFL Now delivers a non-stop video stream highlighting the next generation of NFL talent in preparation for the 2015 NFL Draft. Start using it now!

Here’s a year-by-year look at the five-star recruits and where (and when) they were drafted.

2012 RECRUITING CLASS
    1. Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham: In 2015 draft
    2. Florida OT D.J. Humphries: In 2015 draft
    3. Florida State DT Mario Edwards, Jr.: In 2015 draft
    4. Washington S Shaq Thompson: In 2015 draft
    5. Texas RB Johnathan Gray: Will be senior at Texas in fall
    6. Florida DE Jonathan Bullard: Will be senior at Florida in fall
    7. Florida State DT Eddie Goldman: In 2015 draft
    8. Maryland WR Stefon Diggs: In 2015 draft
    9. Ohio State DE Noah Spence: Will be junior at Eastern Kentucky in fall (dismissed from Ohio State)
    10. Florida State QB Jameis Winston: In 2015 draft
    11. Rutgers DE Darius Hamilton: Will be senior at Rutgers in fall
    12. Alabama RB T.J. Yeldon: In 2015 draft
    13. Miami CB Tracy Howard: Will be senior at Miami in fall
    14. Michigan DT Ondre Pipkins: Will be senior at Michigan in fall
    15. Texas A&M RB Trey Williams: In 2015 draft
    16. USC OT Zach Banner: Will be junior at USC in fall
    17. Alabama S Landon Collins: In 2015 draft
    18. USC WR Nelson Agholor: In 2015 draft
    19. Stanford OT Kyle Murphy: Will be senior at Stanford in fall
    20. Notre Dame QB Gunner Kiel: Will be junior at Cincinnati in fall
    21. UCLA DT Ellis McCarthy: In 2015 draft
    22. Michigan OL Kyle Kalis: Will be junior guard at Michigan in fall
    23. Georgia OT John Theus: Will be senior at Georgia in fall
    24. Alabama WR Eddie Williams: Dismissed from Alabama in 2013; signed with Florida A&M as a mid-year transfer in December 2013 but was not on the roster this season.
    25. Ohio State DE Adolphus Washington: Will be senior DT at Ohio State in fall
    26. Texas DT Malcom Brown: In 2015 draft
    27. Stanford DE Aziz Shittu: Will be senior at Stanford in fall
    28. Florida DE Dante Fowler, Jr.: In 2015 draft
    29. USC OL Jordan Simmons: Will be junior at USC in fall
    30. Miami RB Duke Johnson: In 2015 draft
    31. Georgia S Josh Harvey-Clemons: Will be junior at Louisville in fall (dismissed from Georgia)
    32. Stanford OT Andrus Peat: In 2015 draft

64. jahndoh says:

I guess I’m not going to get a number FFR. The ones above were the closest I could get…

jahn

that is interesting. maybe there is some validity to rating these recruits. oh well might as well go ahead and give UCLA the national championship now. lol

look Jahn, you are in first class company

‘Snoop Dogg Switches Allegiances After Son Commits To UCLA’

MikeE,
    Yes, I like Maxx Williams. I’ve seen him play a number of times. Minnesota did not have a very good QB, so his impact was minimized to a certain degree. Good hands, good body control, nice length, gets open, can block…and he’s a physical mismatch for both cbs and lbers. That said, I haven’t looked at all the other TEs out there…so I don’t know where folks think he ranks.

stanger,
    That’s the problem with golf for me. About every other week I make one shot that makes me think I might actually be good…..then I skull a 10 foot chip 20 yards over the green and take out a bird sitting in a tree and reality comes crashing down again. Lol

Golf is the ultimate tease…hate the wench…but love it too.

A lot of tough decisions, including a key on in the future of wide receiver Brian Hartline.

After the 2012 season, coming off his first 1,000-yard receiving performance, Hartline signed a five-year, $30.775 million contract. He then backed up his 2012 season with a second straight 1,000-yard receiving year in 2013. Then, 2014 came around, and Hartline disappeared. Not like, did not have as many catches, but more like, may as well have not been on the field for some games. In 16 games played, all starts, Hartline had three games with no receptions, three more with just one reception, and three more with two catches. His highest catch total was six, in the team’s Week 4 win over the Oakland Raiders. He caught two touchdowns on the year, and finished the season with just 474 receiving yards, his lowest career total, as well as a 12.2 yards per reception average, over a yard lower than his previous career low.

Tim’s back?

How was the pickle collecting?

GDP – I thought Walford looked slow to me at the Senior Bowl. He caught the ball OK, but he looked like he was slogging through the mud, not fast or quick. We’ll see when they get to the combine.

GDP,
    Williams isn’t a speedster, but I don’t really need speed in my TE. I want size(length), body control, good route running and positioning. Can the guy get open and does he have good hands?

I’ll have to go take a look at Walford. I’ve seen you guys mention him a lot.

I think Walford is the kind of guy that seems a little faster on tape and on the filed than he actually is

I would not be suprised if Maxx Williams runs a faster 40 than Walford

‘Golf is the ultimate tease…hate the wench…but love it too.’

i learned a long time ago to treat golf like a wench….. just glad i am not working and take my sweet time enjoying every stroke as long as i can.

Maxx is intriguing, could be the next Gronk…but as a redshirt SO I worry that he’ll take a few years to develop.
    He could be a Lynch, whom we already have, but don’t know much about due to his being shelved on IR.

Rock

It’s pretty weird. Williams accepted the same job with Florida (Gators), so we offered the job to him after he already took the other job. Not cool actually, but it’s done.

February 5, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Said he has to stand a lot now, at least for a week or so.

fucking amateurs.

Another MN Gopher that I like is their CB Eric Murray. I don’t even know if he declared for the draft…he was a junior…but he looks like he could end up being a pretty good NFL player. He stood out in games.

LOL FFR – It was his first week under intense training, give him some time.

WOW! more on the “living room” seats going in the lower bowl. Just WOW

Top free agents

83. dbolt48 says:

I actually think Maxx plays faster and looks more athletic than Walford…..and I’m a Walford fan. I think Walford has more straight line speed, but I think Williams has much better acceleration burst to pull away from defenders. I also think Williams has better body control. This isn’t a knock on Walford, just see Williams as a better overall prospect. I think both will have nice careers when all is said and done.

Randy, the Gopher I really like is David Cobb…I think he’s gonna be a steal if he stays @ his mid-late round projection.
    I like his size, power, as well as his hands in the passing game.

GDP
    Williams didn’t really have the opportunity to do much at minnesota. 3 and 4 star recruits get redshirted a lot in college. Their QB situation was close to terrible as far as the passing game went. I think he’s already better than Lynch, but I wasn’t very impressed with Lynch to begin with. I do think he may take a little time to develop simply because of his lack of use in college…but the ability seems to be there. But, I’m just guessing like everyone else.

Lynch could be a sleeper too…he didn’t get used in the passing game much @ Georgia, but when he did, he looked great. Their QB & offense wasn’t suited to exploit with the TE much, but he at least developed a lot of time as an inline blocker.

I don’t see myself paying 75k for 4 seats

rock

that is pretty cool, but we all know roger is going to make the fins show the pats game on those tv’s

GDP
    Cobb was fun to watch play. He runs hard. But, I worry about his lack of elusiveness in the NFL. The thing that will push him up in the draft is that he is a well-rounded back. He also is a good fit for a zone blocking team because he is a good one cut guy. Definitely a guy who could outperform his draft status though.

I liked him for us from the get go…we don’t need to spend an early pick on Gurley…IMO
      We have too many other needs and Miller had a breakout year with minimal carries.
      I’d also like a RB like Terrance Magee for our ZBS & WCO.

In 2014, Tannehill’s completion percentage was at 66.4 percent, ranked fifth in regards to qualified starters. The only men in front of him were multiple time Pro Bowlers in Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers. Quarterbacks ranked behind Tannehill included names consistently regarded as elite in Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady. Tannehill’s experience and insertion into offensive coordinator Bill Lazor’s system led to his completion percentage jumping up 6 percent.

Tannehill’s quarterback rating also increased by 11.1 points to 92.8 this season, as he threw five less interceptions and three more touchdowns than his previous season. He completed the fifth most passes in the league, compared to the 11th most in 2013.

February 5, 2015 at 2:19 pm

I don’t see myself paying 75k for 4 seats
    Don’t forget to add in the extra $8,000.00 for airfare and hotel stays. (at least for you)

OH, and if you want a 32″ TV in front of EACH seat, add another $30K!!! $2,500 per seat per game, including preseason. Some ppl just have too much money. (I say in envy)

Williams, 40, was Oakland’s defensive line coach from 2012-2014.

The Gators have hired Texas defensive line coach Chris Rumph to replace Williams, according to SI.

Williams made headlines in 2012 when his four-year-old son unexpectedly died from an illness.

The Dolphins have had one of the top defensive lines under Rodgers, although the unit struggled late in the 2014 season.

Miami appears to be set at defensive end with Cam Wake, Olivier Vernon, Dion Jordan and Terrence Fede all returning. Derrick Shelby, a key rotational player, is a restricted free agent.

Under Williams, Oakland had the NFL’s 15th-best defensive line this past season, according to a grading system by Football Outsiders. Miami was 16th.

Keep up guys! I look like David talking to my self here! LOL

93. dbolt48 says:

Look everyone…..Rocks talking to himself😃

nope, air travel is free and we all know he will be staying with taylors stewardess

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP

#Dolphins Kacy Rodgers was considered a top DL coach but Terrell Williams seems like a good replacement. Solid DLs in Oakland on bad teams.

dbolt

he said he was david, so it would be more ‘look everyone rock is shitting himself’

dbolt

he said he was david, so it would be more ‘look everyone rock is shitting on the floor of Macy’s dressing room’
    There I fixed it for you.

‘Um, I met him. He DOESN’T REALLY have wings! ‘

WHAAAAAATTTT!!!!! that fucker has been lying this whole time. damn, what next ken isnt green, mike doesnt lend a hand, timmie doesnt collect pickles????

lol rock, i was trying to keep it classy. lol

An UPGRADE???

96 Autry, Denico DE 6-5 273 24 R Mississippi State
    75 Harris, Shelby DE 6-2 288 23 R Illinois State
    95 Mayowa, Benson DE 6-3 252 23 2 Idaho
    91 Tuck, Justin DE 6-5 265 31 10 Notre Dame
    98 Wilson, C.J. DE 6-3 300 27 5 East Carolina
    94 Smith, Antonio DL 6-3 290 33 10 Oklahoma State
    78 Ellis, Justin DT 6-2 334 24 R Louisiana Tech
    93 Lumpkin, Ricky DT 6-4 306 26 1 Kentucky
    92 McGee, Stacy DT 6-3 310 25 2 Oklahoma
    90 Sims, Pat DT 6-2 310 29 6 Auburn

Are these guys better “talent” than what we have? Or was it better coaching??? (only one spot higher than us according to Football outsiders (whoever the fuck they are) but still “better”

Spurned Gators hire Harrrumph! lol

103. jahndoh says:

One bad season and it’s GDP’s life’s mission to get rid of Hartline and replace him with a Felon. LOL…classic.

104. jahndoh says:

“Second year in Lazer’s system, hopefully with a better O-line and with WR’s who are also in their second year in the system…..I hope we have ‘arrived’”

Me too my friend.

Rock – 15th is better than 16th, no? 😀

• jahndoh says:

and I honestly believe he did that with a much less talented group.

Tuck was a great player, I think he had somewhat of a resurgence last year, played better than the previous couple of years with the Jints. The others I’m not too familiar with.

• jahndoh says:

I think an aging Justin Tuck being your standout is pretty good evidence that we’re more talented.

Mike & Jahndoe, I hope that is the case. I wonder (do you guys know?) who sets the rotation for the D-line. Is it the D-coordinator or the D Line coach? Sometimes it just takes ‘fresh eyes’ to see a problem. Perhaps Williams can fix some things that lead to our falling off the cliff the last 6 games of 2014?

Good question, one I’m not certain of. The D-coordinator sets the formations, but my guess would be the D-line coach rotates the fresh guys in and out.

It is curious why Hartline’s production dropped off so much this year. There were several games where he didn’t even catch a pass. This year was his lowest production since entering the league. He was targeted 63 times and only caught 39 of those passes. (also the second lowest amount of targets for him, 7 more than his rookie year.) Also his worst year on YPC ave. at 12.2

Jahn, LOL,
    you keep insinuating that I’m wanting to get rid of Hartline. I love the guy, but we can’t keep paying him that much. I hope it was just an off year and not something indicative of declining abilities, or more likely not a fit in Lazor’s offense.
    I’d welcome Brian back if he restructures a nice reasonable deal.
    Regardless if he stays or not, we need an upgrade @ WR, an upgrade more along the lines of a bigger more physical go to WR….IMHO of course. 🙂

I was reading the article on PFT about the new luxury “living room” boxes they’re putting in Sun Life, and I decided to take a gander at the comments. This one cracked me up.

marvsleezy says:Feb 5, 2015 3:30 PM

Sounds like Atlanta was onto something by pumping in fake crowd noise, because in the future, its just gonna be 100 of the super rich and their whiny kids pretending to watch from fake living rooms surrounding the field. The jumbotron will be a stock ticker.

Rock

Tanny was looking at the middle of the field more often, where Landry and Clay do their damage. Landry really stole a lot of action from Hartline.

• dbolt48 says:

Was a catch 22 Hartline did struggle during the year, but the OL struggles forced us to go to the short passing game which doesn’t suit Hartline as well.

That is odd too, but cause Hartline use to be Tannehill’s “blankie” There were games where Hartline was the starter and didn’t even get ONE target. I like the guy and frankly don’t care how much he gets paid as long as the FO can figure out how to afford better players around the rest of the team.

I have wings guys
    I just don’t like to show them off when I’m drinking
    Plus everytime I do that some one comlaints there is a feather in their drink

as far as my “hoggy” weight goes, I will admit that I am over 120 lbs
    but its all squiggly tail weight

Don’t take it personally, it’s just semantics, hogs weigh more than 120lbs Pigs less. I wasn’t making fun of you being fat or anything. Also, I stood right behind you at the fest this year and…..NO WINGS!

Don’t let him pull the pig fuzz over your eyes fellas. HE IS HUMAN!!!!

POLL from Phinsider
    Do you think Mike Wallace should be a Miami Dolphin next year?

86% Yes.
    (1536 votes)
    14% No.
    (253 votes)
    1789 votes total

how does a tater top contract rabies???? They are only one bite, so if it is bitten, it is pretty much over for the tot, thus it cannot contract rabies…?

See Wallace score 12 TD’s in 2015, see Landry score 7, see Kevin White score 6. See Tanny smile! 🙂

115. jahndoh says:

Rock/Mike,

I’m sure the rotation is based on game plan, which is put together by the DC, with some consulting with the DL coach. Rotation/snap counts is really about “personnel packages” and which package is used is dependent on what the playcall is (DC).

“Fresh eyes” could easily come into play though. If the new DL coach tells Coyle: “You want this guy to be able to do ______ in the 4th Q, then you’ve got to scheme earlier in the game in such a way that he’s still got the legs/jump/burst to do it in the 4th Q.”

Obviously a hypothetical, but I can see it playing out similar to that.

getterdone, your avi of Tanny looks like he’s got bozo hair. (Bald on top & long on the sides) I know it is probably something behind him, but every time I look at it I see a blond bozo. (you are welcome to take shots at my avi btw, you will only mess up your own screen. LOL)

117. jahndoh says:

“you keep insinuating that I’m wanting to get rid of Hartline.”

Not really, YOU keep insinuating/campaigning for the reasons to get rid of him. We all know the deal. He makes too much for the production he gave us last season. Now it’s time to relax and see what happens. I have a feeling Brian’s back on a more reasonable salary because HE is a team player that would never give up on his team. I really don’t see the need to constantly recount his bad season. It’s been one bad season, and his TARGETS were way down so it’s easily explainable.

He’s gotta take a paycut, or play elsewhere (in all liklihood) but he didn’t forget how to play WR this year, he’s still a solid WR in this league, and he’s still a true team player.

If not, we’ll watch him go to New England and own us like every other under rated dolphin that we’ve released in the last 10 years (exaggeration for effect).

DetroitLions.com openly wonders if the team can “trust” free agent DT Nick Fairley.
    The No. 13 overall pick of the 2011 draft, Fairley’s four years in Detroit have been marred by weight woes, injuries and off-the-field issues. In between was some decent football, but nothing resembling consistency. Fairley insists his weight problems are behind him after he hired a personal chef, but he obviously hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt. The Detroit Free Press considers Fairley a “long shot” to return to Detroit.
    _______________________________
    I’d really consider him if he interviewed well and the price wasn’t too hefty…he’ll definitely come a lot cheaper than trying to land Suh.

Yeah but i dont think he is on a comparitive level with Suh either. I think Knighton and probably Williams are both better prospects with less baggage. Both those two have shown that you wuldnt have the same “am i getting my moneys worth” with them. Id keep Fairley in consideration but im a little concerned with him as well.

Hartline was third option after Landry who plays so hard he cant be ignored, and Wallace who bitches so often you dread ignoring him….

Jahn, I’m not sure about the rotation being only about “personnel packages” I believe that it is also just subbing players to give others a breather. I mean, what packages do you CHOOSE to put a “back up” in for?

Washington DT Danny Shelton played 922 snaps in 2014, which was the second most of any FBS DT, according to Steve Palazzalo.
    Palazzalo corrected the linked tweet from 874 to 922, which is good for 80 percent of the school’s snaps. It surely highlights the motor of Shelton, but he would be a much more effective player with a lower snap count. We have seen this in the past with a player like Kawann Short, who was on the field for roughly 60 percent of the Panthers snaps this year. For those who watch Short and Star Lotulelei, that rotation greatly helps their impact. Not every team can afford to rotate players up front due to depth, but the best defensive fronts tend to.

I agree there are times when you would take a “starter” out for a “backup” in certain packages. Like the “speed package” we used the last couple of years in certain situations.

IT guys say I have to go. (Or at least log off) so no arguments here. NOGTIH ALL!

HERDFAN: Saw your earlier comments on Conference USA recruits. Actually, we were both right at the time we made the comments. Yesterday afternoon 247sports.com listed FAU as having the number #1 football recruiting class in the conference. But on TODAY’s FAU sports blog, FAU is NOW rated #2 in the conference b/c of developments late yesterday, apparently after I had gone to bed. POSSIBLY it had to do with late signings or some kid changing his mind. SO AS OF NOW, MARSHALL has the #1 class and FAU has the #2 class in the conference. THIS is exactly why I don’t put too much on these ratings. We’ll know a lot more about this class in about 3 years than we know now. But it is exciting to know that both of our schools apparently did really well yestarday (and today).
    ———————
    September 12, week #2 of the college football season, FAU hosts Miami at Schnellenberger Field in Bocar Raton. –Then, in late November, FAU travels to Gainesvile to play the Florida Gators. –I like this approach to scheduling much better than opening the year AT Nebraska and AT Alabama, which FAU did last season.

125. dbolt48 says:

Titans cut Oher…wonder if he can play LG or if he’s just done. Gives flex option if he can play OG.

Ask Sandra Bullough, she would know

A great name from the past, he;’s still young, but has been a poor ineffective player most of his career.

He actually was pretty solid when he came in the league but his play has severly dwindled in past couple of years. He probabyl does need to move to OG spot, and it may be something that will extend his career, but as for meaning he would be a dependable player, someone we could count to solidify the position for us, i would only be interested in him as a depth even at OG and provide versatility to backup OT as well. That would help us provide some vet depth at potentially two OL spots, which is something we really need.

I’d take a flyer at Oher at OG. Long as we got a solid and compete for him. Like you say, he’d at the least be a great new Garner switch it up type.

This is supposed to be Draft BreakDown’s Maxx Williams highlight reel, but looked more to me to be my boy David Cobb’s highlight reel vs. Michigan…lol
    The best Maxx Williams highlight is @ 4:20 ironically. Nice one handed grab.

Williams is impressive, but im not blown away by him, none of the TE’s this year make you want to move into a position just to draft them. We’d be better off re-signing Clay and developing Sims more, we get Lynch back next year, so im not concerned addressing the TE position in a year with crappy prospects. We could take a late round flyer on Wes Saxton, he may even fall to UDFA status, he has all the athletic skills of true seam threat guy, just very raw and needs developing.

I should say Funchess i would take and USE him to address the TE position on sets that might call for double TE, maybe get some double post plays with he and Clay, but Funchess could also run as a WR and fill one of those needs too, so not really counting him as a true TE.

As many of you know, Davis has been dating former New York Yankees superstar Derek Jeter for quite some time. Davis, 24, said she didn’t think she had a shot at being on the cover because her photoshoot was done on a farm and not a beach.

really derek? i mean really? some guys just do have it all

D, you have a point….and I think we could get by with what we have, and develop a guy like Rory Anderson the Gamecocks TE. He’s a former receiver turned TE, but likes to block as well. He’ll likely go undrafted or very late.

You’re both assuming we’re able to re-sign Clay.

Already reading they are putitng concerted efforts into it already. They are starting very early getting their ducks in a row. We could get outbid and if we did ifd probably add a guy through FA, like Thomas.

Williams supposedly is an excellent route runner, has good hands, is a willing and competent blocker, and has decent speed. That’s why he’s the best TE prospect in this draft.

Parker
    Mario Edwards
    Tomlinson
    Walford

is the Dolphins selection according to Walter, from Walter football in his most recent draft.

I could live with this draft but we would have forgone S and ILB in 4 rounds. If ya flipped the Mario Edwards pick for Denzel Perryman, or Cody Prewitt/Jaquiski Tartt it would be a lot more successful for me. As i said just above im not a fan of drafting a TE this year but Walford in the 4th to me would be ok. I still prefer to see something like WR/ILB/S/GorDT in first 4, and really id only care about first three being that way. 4-7 to me could be OG, DT, CB, and OT in any order according to best value. If we trade back and pick up a 2 or 3, we could probably move OG or DT up to that round and add another WR in the 4-7 range.

D

I think we need a reliable big receiver. I don’t care what form it is, meaning TE or WR, but we need one that’s a red zone threat. We currently don’t have one, so it’s a necessity IMO.

Mike, yes my statement above was thinking we resign Clay, if we lose him, then add a few more dollars to what we were going to give him & sign Julius Thomas ASAP!

I could give a crap about Williams blocking skills, we need a weapon, not another blocking TE. We also have 2 TE who have good blocking skills. Mike do you, of all people, really want another Lynch? Because your description of Williams is all the things they said about Lynch lol.

I don’t think he’s Lynch at all. He’s an accomplished receiver, not a guy like Lynch who has 15 receptions in his senior year. he also had 8 TD’s this season, and 5 last season. He’s a legit red zone threat.

D

I agree this TE class is weak, but Williams is the best one there, and he’s a good player.

So a Sophomore has convinced you he’s worth a 1st round pick?
      We have greater needs.

I didn’t say we have to take him. I just said we need a big receiver, either a WR or TE, and one that’s a legit redzone threat. We need to score those TD’s we left on the field last year, because we don’t have anyone like that right now.

We may need to spend our 1st RD pick on defense, either a DT or LB, or possibly even an OL, a guy who can play T and G, like La’el Collins. I could see that happening. It’s a tough call. This is a deep draft for WR’s, so we might have to wait until later to get that receiver. Too many needs, unfortunately, and all that in a year we’re capstrung.

Round 1 Pick 30 (G.B.): Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Cody Prewitt, FS, Ole Miss (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 30 (G.B.): Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 30 (G.B.): David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 30 (G.B.): Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (C-)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Joey Mbu, DT, Houston (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Cody Fajardo, QB, Nevada (F)
    ————————————————————–
    Wound up with too many picks lol, last pick i was like fuck it QB, Bridge was there but im bored picking him all the time so i picked a guy i had never picked before but have heard some good things about.

YOUNG STANGER: Yes, I’d also bring in Oher and kick the tires. But I’d be inclined to use a draft choice to plug our O-Line holes on the theory that you can “coach-up” and improve these young guys whereas we’ve already seen the best Oher has to offer. And, as a 10+ year veteran, Oher’s minimum salary might be more than a 4th or 5th round draftee makes in a year.

JESUS, Oher’s ONLY 28 years old.–Thought he was over 30!!! –Maybe he DOES have a few more good years left.

Mike, yep we’re on the same page as far as needing & wanting a Big Target receiver, hence my mancrush on DGB, White, Mayle, Waller

I think most if not all of us are on that same page, hence my man crush on Parker, White, DGB, Funchess…. its going to be an interesting draft, and some positions will be a lot more clear after FA.

Funchess scares me a little, because he has the dropsies, he’s not really a WR, and he’s not really a TE. I’d say he’s my least favorite of the group you mentioned.

I think an F is crazy in the 7th RD. If you really love a guy in the 7th you take him so he doesn’t go up for grabs as an UDFA. It seems silly to give an F.

139. dbolt48 says:

February 5, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Damnit Mike😆, Lynch had 30 receptions as a senior. The 15 was actually 15.5yds per reception with 6TDs.

GDP; Thanks for your comments on Game 1 of the Perfect Season. Shula’s reply WAS one of the great comebacks of the entire season!

DOES ANYBODY KNOW if Ocala Howie was invited/Joined this site??

‘It seems silly to give an F.’

i agree. i mean i for one dont give an F about the nfl until they fix the kraft love affair.

OD

he was invited but he couldnt do the super double squared secret hand shake while blind folded to log in so they sent him back to the horse farms.

OD — have a feeling you are going to have the choice btwn seats on the home side where you are and ones at a better position on the visitor’s side.

From what I’ve seen looks like btwn the 30s on the home side is turning VIP with less seats. You are on the edge on that, but guessing some in there now are gonna “push out” from there if you will. But hey…..not like not a lot of people from other teams wherever you sit regardless.

I did hear back from Howie, he’s going to be on soon.

He probably will need Herd’s help.

Lynch SUCKS!!!! How many times do I have to tell ya!

Ya gotta love Tom Hanks…right up there on my list of who I would most like to be next bar stool over from (and this is seconds long from a Rangers’ game).

The thing with signing on to the blog is simple when you get past the idea that you can use the same log in for this blog as you used with the other blog. While it’s true they are both WordPress blogs, this blog is set up with WordPress.com, meaning they host the blog for us. The old blog was a WordPress.org blog which means it was self hosted…someone other than WordPress hosted it. So even though the address of the old blog ended in .com it was a wordpress.org blog. It might not seem a big difference, but it is. The two are totally separate. Think of it this way, if you have an email account with yahoo, you can’t go to gmail and try to log in with the same user id and password unless you’ve already set up your account with gmail first.

Some of us didn’t have as much trouble signing on to this one because we already had an account with a wordpress.com blog…at one time, the SS used it. So if you happened to have an account back then, sign in was easier in that you didn’t have to create a new account. AND if you had the same screen name and email for both, then you didn’t see much of a difference which is how it worked for me. Also why it took me a bit to figure out why others were having issues. If you didn’t already have an account with wordpress.com, you had to create one. Not a hard thing to do, but confusing if you thought you already had an account and it wouldn’t recognize the user id and password you always used on the old blog.

When you are creating the wordpress.com account, it says something about creating your own blog. YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THAT. If I remember correctly, to the right of that, there is a link that says something to the effect, I don’t want to do that, I just want a user id. Click that, set up your account, you get an email verification you have to click and that’s about it except for the first comment being in moderation til it’s approved here. The reason the first comment is moderated is to keep the automated spam comments off the site. The old site had a LOT of them, so it’s a small inconvenience to keep the blog free of spam.

Sorry this was so long. I hope it explains the sign in thing. If anyone needs help, send me an email at finsmob.unleashed@gmail.com or at nativewv@hotmail.com. I will do my best to help you out. 🙂

I thought that was a D post till I scrolled up, lol

February 5, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Ya gotta love Tom Hanks…

what? that’s such bs. you want to hang out with that coward. first he makes a half ass attempt at saving Wilson and now when Wilson shows up at the same game as him he is going to act like nothing happened and they are best friends. such a coward.

Stanger I don’t get the video but I do see it as a pic. My desktop doesn’t play vines for some reason.

I was able to see the video on my phone. Nothing on my work PC though.

Herd,
    Now, could you repost that at the third grade reading level, please?

I’m so dumb….I just don’t ever sign out…that way I never have to sign back in.

son of a son of a shula says:
    February 5, 2015 at 7:46 pm

It looked to me liked Wilson hauled ass the first chance he got. That’s the way I saw it.

well it isnt like he was engage to ray rice and stayed around for a big pay day. i would have too the way he thru poor wilson out of the cave into the storm.

I TRIED to explain it so it made sense…..and the way I figured it out, this blog recognized Tim’s email address as The Knight who says Ni and Gigi was gigiflorida. I remembered they used those screen names back on the SS at one time. So a big clue as to what was going on. I always have had the same screen name, so it didn’t register with me at first what the trouble was. Plus, I have been on some wordpress help forums trying to figure it out. Now talk about some techy talk…I was lost with some of it. Way over my head. lol

157. professor lou says:

Sorry, but every time I read the name Ali Marpet the first thing that comes to my mind is:

Thanks for the interview link on A. Johnson Dbolt. I love where his head is. He wants to get better and he wants to win. Everything is positive with him. When he went down last year that’s when the rotation got messed up. He was playing good solid minutes keeping Starks fresh then when he laft the line suffered. I have high hopes for him entering his second year.

4o days?

February 5, 2015 at 5:58 pm (Edit)
    Parker
    Mario Edwards
    Tomlinson
    Walford

****

I would love that draft
    But of we had Perryman or a DB instead of Edwards I would like it more
    I agree
    If we go 4 rounds and our only defensive pick is a DE…oops

herd,
    Just teasing. I get it….but I still just stay signed in. Lol

February 5, 2015 at 7:30 pm (Edit)
    _____________________________________________________
    Yes but we all know a certain punter who is on top of that list.

Goallline
    &
    Gumbo
    We gon’ be alright

The NFL Network just reported Seattle DB Kim Chancellor PLAYED the Super Bowl with a TORN MCL he got in practice a few days before the big game!! SO-O-O-O that’s FOUR Seahawk DB’s needing surgery right after Super Bowl Ex-Licks (XLIX). –Talk about a beat-up football secondary—-WOW!!! –NOT sure if that’s bravery or stupidity. –Whatever, their gutty effort was wasted by Pete Carroll’s bonehead call, a call Carroll still insists was “the right call!!”

Goodnight OD
    I’m out too
    Goallline & Gumbo was what was on Johnson’s shirt. He’s a Nawlins boy and he works in goal line packages. Also, he’s a singer and will be singing the national anthem on Sunday for the DCC, Dolphins Cycling Challenge. Cool guy.

166. Silly Tim says:

Anyone up?

That’s cool. Have a fun vacation?

168. jetsssuck says:

did anyone ever notice on tannelhill’s towel he has a small smiley face.

• herdfan says:

Yes….I did! I noticed it at work the other day and it was on a big monitor. I have no idea about that. It’s a photo I found online. 🙂

5. Texas RB Johnathan Gray: Will be senior at Texas in fall

This gentleman should be really good this year!

Is the smiley on his towel or on the page? I think it might be part of the page.

HEY HERD: DID YOU see my explanation of the recruiting ratings yesterday for Conference USA??

THERE’s a story in today’s TAMPA BAY TIMES which says NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers says he got his calf injury during the Green Bay @ Tampa Bay game when a loose piece of turf he stepped on went flying. HE says the field was below the NFL’s minimum standards, just like it was in 2008 when he also got injured playing in Tampa. No doubt the cheapskate Glazers, owners of the Bucs, aren’t bothered at all by field conditions. Nor were they bothered when MRSA ran through their locker rooms, causing many players to miss several games. To everyone’s shock, the NFL has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this situation, right Roger Goodell? –Don’t be surprised if the NFLPA decides to come down hard on Bucs’ management on this issue.

New Blog Up!