Wedge Scouting Report: Clive Walford

CliveWalford4Wedge ID

Once I was given a mission to destroy the planet V9 DEXXR.  So I spent months on this quaint little planet doing research all day on the best way to destroy the planet.  I just could not come up with anything really creative to impress my employer.  But I didn’t mind the process.  I had this beautiful villa on the side of a dormant volcano.  The aliens of V9 DEXXR were so nice too – really an incredible race.  They have great restaurants and I ate out every night.  Without knowledge of why I was there, they did everything to make me feel at home and I really enjoyed the famous DEXXR hospitality.

Hooters&Antennas

But I grew frustrated, “why can’t a find a way to destroy this paradise and appease my boss?”  Then I realized that the dormant volcano was a perfect path to the planet’s core.  It was the perfect size for a laser blast from a neighboring moon!  So I put my plan together and shot a laser into its core.  As I listened  to the screams of the dying planet I thought to myself “sometimes exactly what you are looking for is right in your backyard!”

CliveWalford1

Hey Dolphins, the redzone threat you need is right in your backyard.  Tight End Clive Walford is  a 6’4 athlete the can run, block and catch.  And he is from the U.  Like I said, right in your backyard!  In his four years at the University of Miami he scored 14 TDS including 7 in his senior year.

CliveWalford2

Most of you know that the University of Miami has put a ton of tight ends in the NFL:  Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olson, Bubba Franks, Kellen Winslow, Jr., and of course Jimmy Graham.  So you know they teach them well at the U.  However, don’t make the mistake of comparing Walford to Graham.   Walford is not a burner like Graham is.  He is not going to impress anyone with his 40 time at the combine.

CliveWalford5

Walford is a technician.  Yes I know, that my surprise some of you.  He is, after all thought of as a great athlete and its true…he is.  But Walford isn’t getting open by burning people.  Walford is running a diverse set of routes so smoothy, he is creating separation and getting open most of the game.   Walford also uses his body effectively to get open.

CliveWalford3

These are the kind of skills that Earthlings tend to notice at, for example, practice.  And it just so happens that Walford’s draft stock shot through the roof at the Senior Bowl.  Will Walford’s stock continue to rise?  This alien says “no”.  I just don’t think Walford is going to wow Earthlings at the combine.  But he has already impressed this alien.  Walford is running away with all three of my hearts.

Clive Walford, Chris Casher

If I was going to compare Walford to an Alien Weapon of Destruction, I would compare him to a Triangulum Shooting Star.  “Oh look how pretty a shooing star…Its so close and so lovely…its getting closer too…maybe a little too close…its coming right at us…ARGHHHHH!!!”    Boom, you are dead.  Walford just snuck up on you.

WalfordStar

Watch his highlights.  But be warned, he is coming at you!!!

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

409 Responses to Wedge Scouting Report: Clive Walford

1. ukfinfan says:

My very first 1st!
    It’s like walking on newly laid snow.
    And vinegar on chips (fries only belong in France!)

Eewwwww keep your stinky vinager off of my Fries! You Brits are odd.
    Everyone knows you put brown gravey on fries.

3. dbolt48 says:

Nice article Piggy!

4. dbolt48 says:

Pig,
    In regards to the offense we ran last year. We were a much more vertical oriented team in the first 4 games of the year, but due to route confusion with the WRs and poor play early from the C-RG combo, we had to shorten the passing game to offset these issues. Towards the end of the year they got to more of a vertical offense again, but that had its limits due to protection and lack of bodies. I think once we shore up LG and Turner kicks to RG we will see more vertical ability from this offense.

• dbolt48 says:

Also, if Wallace does stay, you still want to add another high level speed guy opposite to him which will open up more 1 on 1 opportunities for him like they did in Pitt. Prior to coming to Miami he always had a speedster opposite of him.

UK, my grand mother immigrated from Liverpool and opened a fish & chips shop here in the states. (Mothers side my Fathers side is French Canadian. ) I am very familiar with malt vinager on “chips” I just find it disgusting. (I don’t like vinager in general) believe me I KNOW what I am missing. LOL

• dbolt48 says:

My great grandfather, from my mothers side, came to the U.S. from Warsaw Poland and my family always made this crazy ass Polish bean soup every Easter. My family would down that stuff like I down beer, but I could never touch it….it was repulsive. My father tried to always tell me I didn’t know what I was missing….yes, yes, I did know what I was missing & Im thankful for tgat😖

Only 2 votes for cut Mike wallace so far

Excellent scouting report Piggy!

UK

Congrats on your first! Was it as good as you hoped it would be?

Anyone notice the name of the alien sports bar Wedge was at?

10. new age says:

Good stuff Piggy. Wedge has become a pretty solid scout while he’s been on Earth. Really like Walford as a late 3rd or 4th.

I think the possibility of him going int he 2nd is there

But that might just be senior bowl buzz

Its not a strong class for TEs

• new age says:

Yeah, I think he’s definitely a solid TE which will move him up. I just don’t see a 2nd rounder here no matter how much I like him. He would help us not depend on the oft injured Clay so much(if we resign him), so definitely wouldn’t mind him in the 3rd.

Piggy

Sucks, but they don’t have any Hooters and Antennas in NJ

I think Walford will be a 3rd RD pick at the earliest, even though on First Pick, he goes in the 2nd RD most of the time.

first pick can be kind of crazy

now they have Hacket going in the 2nd round too

I think it adjusts to players taken in the drafts and increases their value

I wouldnt e suprised if he fell to the 4th personally. He def helped his stock at Senior Bowl but i think a lot of the mocking right now has inflated his value because of a good Senior Bowl showing. His body of work though, if you review his games in Miami, arent that impressive, and he has some issues keeping his hands on the ball. Good combine and he probably gets 3rd, mediocre or poor and he is 4th rounder. Again its a weak TE class, so that MAY inflate his value come draft if there are a run on TE’s early, but anyone that takes him before the 3rd and probably more truthfully 4th is reaching.

D – I’m with you on Walford. The only thing that may push him up earlier is the fact that after him, the talent really falls off. Maxx Williams will go 1st, and then it’s Walford, and then a precipitous drop after that.

Draft is hard to predict because you have some teams who can afford to reach with picks because 1) they have a bunch of extras or 2) have little deep needs, so sometimes a guy who has no business being selected in a high round does go. Other times the teams say phooey and pick based upon actual value instead of these mocksters and their non-professional opinion values. Good example was Geno Smith falling to round 2, when all mocksters had him mid to high round 1, due to over inflated mocksters opinions and weak class. Don’t get me wrong these guys are pretty good at what they do, but the GM’s are better and they know the real value of a player.

One of the reasons i really like draft analysis and mock predictions is because of all the variables that go in the draft and its really interesting seeing if you can root out all the factors that can value or dealue a player to other teams and figure out if the likelihood of selecting him in a certain round is there. Also all it takes is one ripple in the patter to shake the whole draft, so that unpredictability is what makes it exciting as well.

Nice job Wedge. Walford would be a great addition

Id rather just roll with Sims, Lynch and either a re-signed Clay or Juluis Thomas. I only have one guy on my list i feel will give us the other dimension we need at TE for this draft, possibly two.

1) Devin Funchess, seam threat guy, if lines up in formations with Clay makes for a very hard formation to defend. He also can play as a receiver, which opens up even more use for him. He is a 4th fallback for me when it comes to WR’s and only TE so to me his value is in that he offers us coverage of two areas of need with one player.

2) Maxx Williams, and im not a fan of how high i would have to draft him to get him. I dont see the value to our team in using a 1st on this guy, and as has been previously discussed he probably wouldnt make it to our 2nd round. We would benefit more from a WR than a TE as a 1st round pick, and likely would be better taking ILB, S or OT in the first over a TE like Williams. Again Funchess fills this role, and gives us soemone we can use as a TE, who can do all the things Williams can. Im not as sold on him as a lot here are, but he, with his skill set would open up some formations that would be hard to defend.

Walford has value and if he fell to 4th round, i wouldnt pass it up, but his skill set seems very inline with Sims, with maybe just a tad more receiving ability. We need someone that really opens things up if we use a pick on TE this year, someone with good hands and can both stretch a field and play in space for redzone catches.

16. ukfinfan says:

Mike E – sorry, I stepped out for a ciggy after my first 1st, but yes, it was great and hardly painful at all.

Herd – we have these steak and kidney suet puddings over here at the chippy …… stick-to-your-ribs heart stoppers but they are great in the winter (and the summer!)

Rock – so you have Scouser forebears. I’m a Manc (chester) – arch rivals of the Scousers, but I’m prepared to bury the hatchet in your case, because you may change your avi if I don’t.

Was surprised to hear Rock has Liverpool bloodlines. If you saw him at a game you would figure he was from Manchester. 🙂

D

The draft has always been fascinating to me. It’s very cool how one player taken at a certain position can cause a run at that position. A team may have targeted a LB, and then that LB goes, and then the next team that needs a LB takes the next best guy, and then all of a sudden you have a 5-6 LB’s off the board in a span of 10-15 picks. All the misdirection before the draft amuses me as well. Imagine if teams really put out there what they were looking for?

Mike wallace, Do you want to:
    Trade him if its there or keep him if its not

I could vote this one for the whole team!
    Minus about 3 maybe 4

I could see a guy like Walford as a great fit, especially if we also keep Clay. He’s not a burner (which means you get him for value), but he could be our redzone target. Btwn the 20s we could let Clay do his thing.

Wouldnt it be better though, especially if he is a high round pick that you get a guy who helps you between the 0’s. We got the guys who help us block, we got the guys that help us some in the redzone and some between the 20’s, but we dont have that guy who is going to be on the field most of the snaps. I think your 4thish rounders are more for contributors and 1-3 are for stars who have potential to make a difference on every snap.

For sure you would want the one guy you line-up every play, but you have to pay for him…..whether it be with cash or a high draft pick. Could see us having a redzone specialist though…….shiot is Manute Bol ready to make a comeback?

Forgot to add…..awesome job Pig. Got entranced by the possibility.

How is his run blocking?

I obviously really love the draft, its one of my favorite things regarding the NFL. Its probably one of the most exciting times, especially for teams that have lots of needs, but even for teams who just really need a stud at a certain position to round them out. Hardest thing i find, and im sure this is true for all amateur mockists, is removing what i WANT to happen in lieu of what is likely TO happen. You want this player to fit in this box,sometimes out of intellectual pride that you were correct with that pick, and 2 it leads you to a path that gets the guy you want for your team. Either way, FA is a lot more predictable and its also a time where you get a guy more because ya threw the most money at him. It exciting, but something about getting that guy out of college, giving him that first break in the NFL, and him possible being with your team for a long time that more enticing, its almost like birth of a child, minus the personal contribution to the pregnancy lol.

22. jahndoh says:

Nicely done Piggy. You’re on a roll! What you neglected to tell us though, and what I really want to know is: if the alien waitresses at Hooters and antennas have 3 boobs like the ones in total Recall?

Id guess no, since Wedge only has two hands. If Wedge’s people’s women, had three breasts, you’d think the males would have already evolved to have three hands.

23. jahndoh says:

BTW, Walford sounds a bit like Dion Sims.

I see them as a very close comparison, maybe a few pluses for Walford in route running, but probably a few pluses for Sims in blocking.

• jahndoh says:

Both good at using their bodies to shield defenders from the ball too…

I also feel Sims has better hands than Walford, but Sims has also dropped a few since being on the team so not really impressed with either of them in that regard.

Oh, just as a FYI i see Gronks brother is up for draft next year, as well as yet another Matthews OL lol. I wonder if Gronk’s brother, who i think is currently a FB, develops in the way his brother has. Id keep an eye out for that guy, bloodlines dont a star ensure, but similar genertics and probably a lot of the same lower level coaching do go into it, so it makes them intriguing.

They sure don’t hurt (bloodlines). It seems every Matthews is a solid player at the very least. He’ll probably end up on the Patriots.

25. jahndoh says:

Sorry for the ignorance, but what kind of offensive scheme does the U play?

D

Is he better than Lynch? 😀

Since both of us had similar opinions of Lynch, lol, Id say probably better, but again the difference isn’t huge evaluated as an overall.

27. new age says:

The Matthews bloodline seems to never fail but I think Gronk already had one or two brothers that didn’t really make an impact. Could be wrong on that though.

Piggy, weird scouting report…one minute you’re not sounding too favorable on Walford, then later in the article you’re all excited about him. You kept going back n forth…so which is it?
    I think Walford is gonna be a good TE and I think his speed is more than you’re saying. He’s football quick.

29. jahndoh says:

Thanks Dbolt…anyone else who watches the U want to tell me what offensive scheme they run?

A potential spread offense is expected to benefit Jets TE Jace Amaro.
    New offensive coordinator Chan Gailey is an expert at getting his playmakers in space via spread formations. So it’s a no-brainer to expect Amaro to take a leap forward in this scheme. He’s essentially an oversized possession wideout at 6’5/265 and Gailey will be desperate for difference-makers — especially if Percy Harvin is cut loose.
    ______________________
    He will be an interesting TE to keep an eye on in his 2nd year.

GDP
    I’m excited about Walford
    I don’t think he is as good as Olson, Shockey or Graham comparing him to other Um TEs
    I guess it’s cautious optimism

Ok, kool…I think he will steadily progress…but I’m not sure Hickey will take a TE early in the draft or at all unless…
      1) We don’t resign Clay or get a FA TE
      2) Hickey doesn’t think Sims will develop anymore as a receiver
      3) Depends also on if Hickey & coaches see anything in the future for Lynch.

The real issue is whether we re-sign Clay or not

I think if we don;t sign Clay we should look at guys like Walford, Maxx Williams and O’Leary

but if we do sign Clay – then TE is something we can do without drafting this year

“Tannehill was sacked an average of 2.1 times per game with Albert protecting his blind side, 3.6 without him, when rookie Ja’Wuan James slid from right tackle to left and Dallas Thomas started most of the remaining games on the right.

The rushing attack [after Albert went down] lost more than 40 yards per game, down to 96.8.

————————

Get Well Not-So-Fat Albert.

That’s why he got the big contract from Hickey…great move….just sucks that he got rolled up on. What could have been.
      I’m sure with another draft & FA, Hickey will have a contingency plan for the OL. It was hard to overhaul that unit needing 4 new starters all in one year.

Hard to sound happy about an injury like that, but that was not some injury-prone thing. Have this theory that some guys are more prone cause they max out their frame, but there is another factor……being able to see it coming and reacting to avoid. He had no clue it was coming.

33. new age says:

Jahn,
    They were a run based pro offense that wanted to primarily use Duke and play action.

I think it would be in our best interests to draft a quality T/G in this draft. Albert is a not a guarantee to be ready, nor effective after his injury, and we need a quality depth player anyway. If that happens our whole season could be sabotaged by poor line play. I’m still not convinced that our starting G’s are on the roster yet either. I know some of you are hoping for Mike Iupati, or Orlando Franklin, and that would be great, but no guarantees we’ll have the money to get either of them.

“I know some of you are hoping for Mike Iupati, or Orlando Franklin, and that would be great, but no guarantees we’ll have the money to get either of them”

It’s why I keep saying I’d be ok with FA vet Clint Boling the LG of the Bengals…he’s proven to be solid and more affordable. He’s young too, 25yo.

No matter what they say, think the best indication of Albert’s recovery is whether or not they re-sign Fox or sign someone like him.

Jahn

Like New Age said, its a pro style offense
    Its similiar to FSU if you ever watched them

One thing I like about Walford is that he runs a diverse set of routes
    He should be able to translate his skills to the NFL without too much of a learning curve

jahndoh says:
    February 10, 2015 at 10:59 am

Sorry for the ignorance, but what kind of offensive scheme does the U play?

they play a 6-7 one

GDP – Say we get Clint Boling, what happens at T if Albert isn’t ready or capable of playing well?

I think walford is similiar to Sims

But Sims was a better blocker coming out of MSU
    I think walford has better hands and is a bigger assett to the passign game
    But Sims is coming along

If we let Clay go and had Sims as Walford as our top 2 TEs, I think it might be really effective in 2 TE sets

I like Clay, don’t misinterpret this
    I’m just thinking about $$$

I think we either need to re-sign Clay or we need to go after Thomas. I dont think we can leave the TE group up to Sims, Lynch and a draftee.

I guess it depends ont he draftee and what we think of him

Can the draftee come in and contribute right away?

I like Sims a lot
        and I think he can start if necessary

I happen to like Clay a lot too
        but if some one else is willing to offer him a lot more than we should
        I think we should be ready to go at TE without dipping into the free agency market

We should be able to get Franklin or Iupati. I think we would een go with a lesser DT this time over lesser OG prospect in FA. I expect OG to be the first FA we sign. Cap wise we should still be able to get a solid DT, but like Mike was saying you have to have other options, and im sure they have them if that falls through.

PBP gives a look at the four different types of seats that will be in the stadium next year.

Mike E, We need a vet G, especially a LG…so I suggested Clint Boling.
    If Albert isn’t ready or goes down again as you asked, then I think Hickey will have a plan either thru who we already have here or thru FA & draft (later rounds)

February 10, 2015 at 12:08 pm
    _______

I disagree here. You have to build depth for injuries at anytime they occur….what if James gets rolled up on, or Pouncey hurts his other hip?

They might be doing that………but if they put a lot of money/draft capital into a T I’m gonna figure they need that dude to play while Albert is not ready to step in. WE signed Albert and drafted James in the first last year. What’s the third guy going to do when both are ready?

43. dbolt48 says:

@proCanes: Future #NFL #proCane WR Phillip Dorsett set #Canes alltime best 4.21sec 40 beating #Packers Sam Shields’ 4.26.1 stopwatch clocked him @ 4.18

Bills DT Marcell Dareus is scheduled to stand trial for reckless endangerment May 19.
    This stems from an incident in May of 2014 when Dareus crashed his car into a tree during an alleged race with teammate Jerry Hughes. We’d expect the case to be resolved before trial and Dareus to avoid league discipline.

45. dcoralsprings says:

yes, he is real fast
    and he can catch the ball

• dbolt48 says:

More importantly he is a very skilled route runner with a very high field IQ. Matches what we need. I know we need a big guy too, but Dorsett in a Phins uniform is ideal.

Do you think he is really fast?

I think it is more of a question of appearing fast

I ask you b/c I know you are a fan of the U and probably watched him a lot more than me

But I suspect him 40 time will not appear to be blazing fast, even for a TE

GDP – Later rounds? Do you really think a later RD T is going to be able to start if Albert can’t go? That’s what I’m saying. I think we need to get a quality player, not a 6th or 7th RD pick. Seantrel Henderson’s aren’t in every draft.

Mike E, if the rest of our OL is shit, then ok, let’s draft yet another 1-2 rd OT.
      But Turner should begin to develop, Thomas ‘may’ get better, last year was essentially his rookie year since he was hurt all of 2013.

Speaking of high IQ football guys
    I think UM had a few this year
    In additional To Walford and Doresett I think Perryman really qualifies as a football smart guy
    probably Duke Johnson too

The Hurricanes really had a lot of talent this year

Miami Dolphins ✔ @MiamiDolphins
    Wake, Grimes, Jones & Jenkins are @TheFinsiders nominees for Defensive POY.
    ________________________________
    I don’t see any of them actually winning it. If anything JJ Watt will likely win. He was a force again in 2014.

49. new age says:

Mike E,
    I’d just go with Fox honestly. I’m burned out on high picks in the draft on OL. Get a OG in the 4th and end the experiments there. If Albert isn’t ready by game one, he should be ready by game 3 at the latest. It’s a lot easier to get a top notch OG late than a OT.

At least one OG is at the top of my list. I’m at either getting a sure starter in FA or in the 2nd (and from what I’ve read the G class is weak).

I replied to Mike above on same matter. I feel the same way for now.
      BTW, Fox is a FA, so we either resign him or seek another OT that is reasonable money to sign for depth, like OT Jermey Parnell.

To answer the question posted earlier
    the chicks at Hooters and Antennas have only two boobs and two antennas each
    but they have 3 tongues, so there is that…

51. Silly Tim says:

Did Jordan and Jenkins have a baby? LOL

Ok, the Defensive POY was for the Phins…they should have made it more clear.
    With that being said…was there even a defensive POY on the Dolphins defense?
    I think the award should be for Defensive GOY! (Goat of the Year)

53. new age says:

Stranger,
    Who is at the top for you? Laken?

54. dbolt48 says:

Milo patiently waits readying herself to say the voting was fixed and why BAE is better than every player on defense👳

dbolt48 says:
    February 10, 2015 at 1:11 pm
    ————————————-
    Its why i strongly advocate for 2 WR’s. We do need that big guy, but we need a guy like this to. So far after listening to interviews and watching film my choices for us in a mid round WR is Hardy, Dorsett and Smith, or later round getting Diggs. Dorsett really impressed me with some of his interviews, he seems like a sharp dude with his head, and for most part heart, in the right place.

• dbolt48 says:

Agree with everything you said

you are assuming we part ways with Wallace right?

Even if we don’t, we should draft 2, because we will most likely be losing 2 and we cut Wallace very likely next year. You are right though, I would prefer we cut him, but like i said i can step outside what i feel , for what i think we as a team will do, and my guess is we keep him. Again, doesn’t change my draft strategy.

• dbolt48 says:

I think you need two speedsters. As I mentioned earlier, Wallace, if kept, is at his best when there’s another deep threat on the field.

Resigning Fox who knows this offense should be a good thing for depth. He’s young 26, still coming into his own hopefully. If not, I like Jeremey Parnell as I mentioned above. He’s 28, played RT for the Cowboys, kinda beat out Doug Free for awhile down the stretch of the season.
    Ironically, Parnell was a Dolphin for a brief time in 2010….lol

57. Silly Tim says:

I think we need more explosive plays overall in all phases of the game.

D,
    I want a big WR too, so if we have to go for a smaller speed guy like Dorsett or Devin Smith before the 4th round, then I’d like to double up with one of the BIG WR’s from Ga Tech, either Darren Waller or Deandre Smelter. They will be late rounders or in Smelter’s case a UDFA because of his late season ACL.
    Check those two cats out man. You’ll be glad you did.

• new age says:

I am definitely intrigued. Thanks!

Welcome New Age…also if we go in reverse ordeer, say draft a Big WR early, like White, DGB, Parker….then I like a speedster from Nebraska Kenny Bell as a late round or UDFA pick. He’s 6’1, but a ripped 185 🙂

With the 14th pick of the draft
    The Miami Dolphins select:

UCF WR Breshad Perriman is a “big play waiting to happen,” per Scouts Inc.’s Kevin Weidl.
    Perriman is “big, strong and can run,” Weidl tweeted, but also calling attention to the number of drops the UCF receiver had in 2014. His ranking ranges from Mel Kiper placing Perriman as the No. 5 receiver in the class to others who see him outside the top 15.

61. jetsssuck says:

RIP—-Kayla Jean Mueller

getterdone says:
    February 10, 2015 at 1:52 pm
    D,
    Check those two cats out man. You’ll be glad you did.
    —————————————-
    Already got a bead on Waller, Smelter ill have to take some time to look at. Wierd how sometime you are so focused on one guy on a team you neglect others. I think Cam Worthy from ECU kinda in same boat. I think he is a lot better than the current prospect rankers give him credit for. He is also one of those big WR types, and watch the ECU/UF Birmingham bowl game and you will see this dude is pretty good.

Just what Americans need, more government control…SMH!!!

I like the internet full of anarchy

The guy above is from the FCC, he’s the only one speaking out against it.
        It will of course smash the small businessman & entrepreneurs, and pander to Big Corp, as well as give us fewer broadband choices along with higher prices, more fees!

new age says:
    February 10, 2015 at 1:32 pm
    Stranger [later corrected],
    Who is at the top for you? Laken?
    ——————
    New Age…….have no idea who Laken is truthfully. Let all you guys do the ground work and teach me and then step in with a hard opinion afterwards.

Part of why I love this place. It’s an education.

I’m a little surprised that some one from the FCC would speak out against regulating the internet
    They are usually pro regulation of commincation
    its sort of why the FCC exists

He’s the only Republican in the FCC….lol But it still is a bad piece of legislation. The internet has been growing by leaps and bounds just fine w/o interference.

GDP – Gotta admit, I’m a little perplexed by how you feel about the O-line. You’ve spent most of the offseason defending Tannehill because he had no protection. Now you want to pick up some guy in the late RD’s? Jason Fox is a FA, and I’m not sure you want him there for more than a game or even part of a game. You know how important the protection is, and being able to run, and convert short yardage plays, and that it all starts up front. I think if by draft time there is still doubt as to whether Brandon will be healthy enough to start the season, you draft a tackle in the first 3 rounds and make sure that guy is ready to step in day 1. Maybe I’m too cautious, but I’d get a guy that can play T and G, and if Albert turns out fine, that guy plays G. It makes sense, to me, anyway. lol

I see your concerns…but we need big playmakers on both the offense & defense.
      Last year was year 1 for our entire OL being together, as well as 1st year in a new offense with Lazor and a new OL coach in Benton. Plus it was James first year, Turner’s first, and essentially Dallas Thomas’s first year.
      Add to that the injuries and shifting around, which made it less than effective.
      I think year 2, the OL guys will become a lil better as a unit…Turner looks to become a nice player, Thomas could, and I see Hickey adding to the depth in a reasonable way, but sticking with his core starters on the OL…Albert – Pouncey – James.
      I know he will need a plan if Albert or James or Pouncey goes down. So last year knowing Pouncey was down for the first 6 games, he signed Satele to a fair deal.
      He also had a backup plan with the Fox 1yr deal. So Fox could get offered a fair deal to stay since he knows the system.
      If Fox isn’t what they want, then I’m sure we’ll see another lower teir FA signing like the guy I suggested Jeremy Parnell.
      I just don’t see a reason to go for a LT/RT too early in the draft when we have so many other needs for Tannehill.
      Besides, there will be some surprise camp cuts too later.

67. Silly Tim says:

I remember when it was not cool to want to take OL early in the draft. Now it’s totally hip. LOL

Ha! So true! I can’t believe I’m actually for it, but it’s true. 🙂

See above reply….and normally I’d be for a top Tackle prospect in the draft…but we are already heavily invested in Albert & James….and Pouncey is costing a pretty penny on the OL too…then ya got to think about more money on a top end G, like Lupati or Franklin.
        At some point you got to trust what you have already, coach em up, and hope the team can get by even when injuries occur like they do with other teams.

• dbolt48 says:

You’re like Andy Dick….ahead of your time…LMFAO.

• dbolt48 says:

Well Andy is well known as a bi-sexual and you’re well known for giving involuntary prostate exams to Rottweilers. So from this I deduct that you had a 3 way with Andy & the sheep….to which only the sheep regrets the lack of condom use.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dbolt, Does the sheep prefer latex or sheepskin?

68. Silly Tim says:

GDP, well Al Gore did invent the internet so the Democrats kind of own it. LOL

They could find the most serene stream in a primordial forest and find a way to regulate looking at it.

LOL, yep good ol Gore invented the internet, but his best invention was Gloal Warming….made him over $100million perpetrating that farce to the degree which he has! LOL….and the Andy Dick’s of the World eat it up…SMH

Im not sure we have to get a OT in top 3 rounds but i would select one probably 3-5, OT group isnt extremely shallow this year. I have little confidence that Albert will be back day 1, i think thats a pipe dream and even if its close to that he is going to be behind schedule on his preperation, so will be busting the rust off even for a couple games after. We do need to get a guy we can lean on, as well as really push the development of Turner. We probably don’t need a start right away guy but we need something decent with potential to.

I’m in the same boat there for the most part.
      Turner better come ready to BALL, or else Hickey will have a nick in his Armour regarding the 2014 draft, his first.

Lucky for us that type of guy is somewhat plentiful this draft. There is a bunch of guys who would be a fill in i think.

Rob Havestein
      Corey Robinson
      Robery Meyers
      DJ Humphries
      Darly Williams
      Tyrus Thompson — This years Seantrel, great skills and athletics, poor/lazy attitude.
      Ty Sambrilo — has dropped into 3rd and 4th round discussions.
      Austin Shepard

All these guys could be 3-5 round dudes, give or take depending on their performances at combine.

70. Silly Tim says:

Dbolt, you seem to know a lot about Andy’s dick habits. LOL

71. Silly Tim says:

Another woman accuses Bill Cosby of sexual harassment but I’m sure there’s nothing to it.

it doesnt matter the time or season you come to this blog and some one is talking about timmie and a dog, pickle, sheep or some dick habit.

i hate espn like everyone but this sportsnation show has its moments. this is pretty good

Rob Havestein
    Corey Robinson
    Robery Meyers
    DJ Humphries
    Darly Williams
    Ty Sambrilo — has dropped into 3rd and 4th round discussions.
    Austin Shepard

Silly Tim says:
    February 10, 2015 at 3:13 pm

We’re just summoning you. You see it works. LOL

well damn i am honored. you actually want me around. i knew all those dick picks i was sending you would work out

76. Silly Tim says:

Stanger, Sanchez only dates hotties to get to their brothers. LOL

Mike E,

D says:
    February 10, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Thats just unfair.

isnt it though. they were comparing jeter to timerlake on the radio today and it was hard to pick who was the winner. what is funny is even a few girls played on both rosters.

LMAO @ D-Bolt and the choc pudding pop!

LOL @ Minka Kelly the catcher…lol

I guess some one had to get the subtle anal reference
    I would have went with Mariah Carey though as Catcher

81. Try Pod says:

I’m not even going top pretend to know all of the ins and outs of regulating the internet, but I will tell you this; many in a position of power within the industry have stated on record that we don’t need 25mbps or higher connectivity speeds. Europe and most of Asia have much quicker rates than we do. I want to be able to but as high of access rate as I can, and I don’t want it limited to only those who can afford “faster lanes”. Ultimately, I want to get rid of ask cable companies and allow all tv to be streamed, which of course requires download speeds faster than are currently available with any consistency.

Silly Tim says:
    February 10, 2015 at 3:24 pm
    Stanger, Sanchez only dates hotties to get to their brothers. LOL
    ———————
    LMAO — but he got both Kate Upton and Eva Longoria.
    Only dude that has done similar more than that is Tommy Lee….why Heather why?

What’s really depressing is Cameron Diaz in on the bench

GDP – Don’t we need OG’s too? Pouncey moves back to C, so who plays G? Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner? Maybe we get an OG in FA, but if we don’t, we need a guy that can play both G and T, and it better be a good player.

Yes, No, Yes, No, No Yes, we seem to be going back and forth here.
      Let’s see how FA signing go, then we’ll know more if we need to draft a Top OT within the 1st couple rounds. 🙂

This is a photo of Marc Sanchez’ dating roster

Only dude that has done similar more than that is Tommy Lee….why Heather why?

yeah, i am not really worried about a guy that has a butt fumble on his record.

Silly Tim says:
    February 10, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I bet she takes it in the wagon.

it was more then likely under. i mean something looks like it ran over her face.

D,
    I like your list above of more mid round type OT prospects. Though I’d also add Louisville T Jamon Brown to that list. I like his size and ability to get off the snap for such a big man. He’ll probably project better as a G in the NFL, but could be a back up T in a pinch too @ 6’6 326.
    He should last to the later rounds I’m hoping.

89. Al in MIA says:

Good afternoon.
    I would love to see Walford in a Fins uni but I’m not going to set myself up to seeing him on Miami’s pro roster :(.
    He’s going in RD 2 IMO.
    It’s all about upside ability and not about polishness. If you got a high ceiling as Walford does, people will discount the readiness of a player to a certain point. That said, Walford is hardly raw and is certainly not a step behind anyone else at his position in this draft or any WR.

Round 1 Pick 14: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Cameron Artis-Payne, RB, Auburn (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Derrick Lott, DT, Chattanooga (A-)

i hate it when you guys get here and ruin this site and talk football. cant you guys find a football blog some where to talk that shit.

92. Al in MIA says:

Trypod,
    The big telcom industry is tough to beat. They try to milk as much of their legacy equipment as possible and don’t have much incentive to put the best stuff out there (old = expensed which = more profit per sale). They will upgrade but only at adequate rates that competition allows (less comp = less innovation attempts in the name of profit).
    The flip side is that the government doesn’t want ownership of the physical network (cables etc) and wants private industry to invest their own dollars. They need to find the right balance to where the communication companies continue to invest in infrastructure spending (having a speed lane on the net for a specific company is one way of financing these costs such as express lane on interstate highways across US). But I remain skeptical that these extra profits will be cycled back to innovation expensing and am therefor against it.
    You are right about other continents and their investments. When I was in Italy back in 2004, their internet speeds were about where the speed in Miami was even today. Verizon’s FIOS network was something I was spoiled with in NJ (25/25 Mbps symmetrical connection)….I had the option to get 50 down, 15 up but chose 25/25. When I left in 2013, they offered 250 down and 50 up for close to a couple hundred a month but for what I pay for in Miami today, 12 down / 3 up, I paid the same in NJ for 25/25 and even whatever the price was for 50 down, 15 up on Verizons network.

93. Al in MIA says:

Right now, nfldraftscout has a RD 2 projection on Walford. In case your wondering.

Knew I’d never get her……but Tommy Lee? Sanchez too, but at least my heart was already broken on such.

February 10, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Knew I’d never get her…

i told you to come to one of my basement parties but nnnnooooooooo you have to act all high and mighty

ok biaches, i am looking at a new phone. probably a Samsung s5 but what do you guys think?

97. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    lmfao…yea i thought about that after I typed polishness.
    Anyway, speaking of Polish, wonder why Dbolt dislikes a tasty fasolka soup… lmfao.
    I used to eat bean soup often from this Polish place near my place in NJ.
    Brings back memories, Dbolt? lol.

Boy could it stir up a big fart storm with all that pork and beans 🙂

98. Al in MIA says:

Wyo,
    Trade for Wallace? near impossible
    Cut him? That’s the only option if you don’t want him and his salary around the team :/.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma (A-)

100. Al in MIA says:

FFR,
    Why don’t you get down on your knees and suck Tim Cook’s (Apple CEO) cock.

101. Al in MIA says:

FFR,
    If you want a device with no software restriction then Samsung is the way to go.
    I’d wait for the next one as it is being redesigned from the ground up.

If Wallace’s 1st year in Lazor’s new offense produced 10 TD’s and 4-5 more that were dropped, then I say we need to see what he can do in year 2 of this improving offense.
    Draft 1-2 WR’s to start grooming experience for his eventual departure in 2016.
    The new drafted WR’s would begin to get some good playing time if Hartline/Gibson/Matthews are gone.

I agree with this

but how can we draft 2 WRs
      and draft impact Defensive players
      and OL

How many picks do we have

It makes it tight piggy i agree, it makes me lean towards trading back, but look at my recent drafts, i have been able to get two WR’s in all of them without screwing us on any other spot. Keep in mind, there will be a FA or two which is going to help that work out.

We could gain a couple picks in a trade down, plus Aponte & Hickey will be busy clearing room for FA signings.
        Hey, the destruction of Jeffro can’t be rebuilt over night 😉

I dont think the idea we need to draft two WR’s has any bearing on Wallace, as much as it does if we do or do not cut two of our current WR’s. Three of them have potential to go, so IMO we really need to get a couple guys and we might as well make one of them a potential replacement for Wallace, this year or next.

My tope 2 picks at $14 right now are:
    1. Danny Shelton
    2. Kevin White

if one of them drops and we take them I think it shapes what we do for the rest of the draft

104. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    I’ll go by recent history when it comes to figuring out what will happen with Maxx & Clive….
    Last year’s TE draft?
    Ebron (RD 1; Pick 10; 10 overall)
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins (RD 2; Pick 6; 38 overall)
    Jace Amaro (RD 2; Pick 17, 49 overall)
    Troy Niklas (RD 2; Pick 20; 52 overall)
    C.J. Fiedorowicz (RD 3; Pick 1; 65 overall)
    ———
    I think Maxx & Clive are at least on par skill wise and development wise as Amaro or Niklas were coming out of college.

I think Jeff Heuerman (Ohio State) would be a nice fit for Miami even though he’s more of a Heath Miller type TE than a Graham type guy. What Miami needs is a good balance on both sides of the OL for any situation. The TE position depth chart has been pathetic for a few years.

Al in MIA says:
    February 10, 2015 at 4:02 pm

FFR,
    Why don’t you get down on your knees and suck Tim Cook’s (Apple CEO) cock.

does it get me a free phone? i mean come on, a free phone

Al — proud to be a pole…..but screw the bean soup. Get your some of this (Turkey Kielbasa version of course).

Al, I wasn’t big on Ebron or Amaro last year, but was really high on ASJ who I think really breaks out in 2016. He had back issues last year, like our Lynch.

al

thanks, just looked at the new releases. i may just do that. and yeah yeah, i get it, ffr loves a good new release.

if all you got is ffr likes to suck dick jokes i am going back to the other blog. at least there i could get take one in the throat

109. Silly Tim says:

I love pierogis with fried onions and sour cream.

110. Silly Tim says:

So how many Polish do we have here?

February 10, 2015 at 4:08 pm (Edit)

My tope 2 picks at $14 right now are:
    1. Danny Shelton
    2. Kevin White

I think it’s going to take more than $14. 😉

I dont think Walford is comparable to Ebron, not even close, they arent the same type WR. Ebron if he ever grows into his potential will be a receiving type that Walford will never be. I also think Comparing him to Amaro is not a good comparison as he is better than Amaro in some respects but not as good in other. Amaro is more Clay or Hernandez type (minus the murder), I think Williams reminds me a lot of Amaro. Walford i think is a lot like Scott Chandler, or Owen Daniels, maybe Dwayne Allen.

February 10, 2015 at 4:37 pm
    I’m 1/4 Polish
    February 10, 2015 at 4:38 pm
    Make that a 1/3. Polish, Russian and Lithuanian
    February 10, 2015 at 4:40 pm
    Damn! 1/2 Russian, 1/4 Polish, 1/4 Lithuanian
    —————————————————–
    Thats the Pollock on you coming out…..math is hard huh?

We could fill a need @ S from FA again. Delmas is likely done here given the ACL tear.
    But the Chiefs have two safeties that played well and are FA that could be had on a reasonable deal.
    Kurt Coleman is 26 & Ron Parker is 27. KC can’t keep both I’m sure. So we might want to add one while Aikens/Thomas continue to develop.

Round 1 Pick 14: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Ibraheim Campbell, SS, Northwestern (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Austin Shepherd, OT, Alabama (B)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (B)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary (A)

116. Silly Tim says:

3/4 Irish, 1/16 English, 1/16 German, 1/16 French, 1/16 some Scandanavian

117. Silly Tim says:

LOL @ D and his pole

118. dbolt48 says:

1/4 polish

4/4 Cuban

120. Silly Tim says:

Fette Sau

Thats a place i plan on checking out if im ever back up that way. Last time i travelled to NY, i missed out going. Is it good?

• Silly Tim says:

I have yet to go there but my friend owns it.

When i travel i look for BBQ places, because BBQ is different ever region you go to, so its a little like getting to experience something thats native to the regiion. NY being a melting pot city, i dunno if thats still true but i dont care ….i wants it!

“On Tuesday, Judge E. Susan Garsh endorsed an application to grant Jenkins immunity in exchange for her testimony. She is now expected to become a prosecution witness, perhaps the most powerful the Commonwealth has.”

And that would be Shayanna Jenkins, the mother of Hernandez’s child. Also the sister of Odin’s girlfriend. I’m sure Aaron is still just falsely accused though.

Im believing despite all the evidence Boston is going to fuck it up. With what they have, they should have struck a lot harder blow by now. Makes me think they have some sort of weak point they are trying to get addressed before jumping in feet first. I mean they have motive, they have video surveillance putting him at the spot at the time of the murder, they have texts which on their own are circumstantial, but corroborate the timeline and the events that the video evidence shows transpired. They have eye witness accounts or seeing them pick Odin up. There has to be something where hey are scared to push the case further without sealing up something, i just dont see what it could be. I think worst thing i have heard against them is they never recovered the weapon, or do that have that as well?

I think I read they have Hernandez’s cell phone tracked to the same area Odin’s body was found and it pinged during the same time frame. Pointing to him at the scene.

My dads parents were both Russian, my moms dad was Polish, and my moms mom was Lithuanian. I think my percentages listed above are right going by that.

I’m nervously anxious as we approach FA. I wanna see how Hickey begins his new plan. He has a huge mess facing him with many UFA’s on this team, being currently just $2M under the Cap, the several other bloated contracts for under performing players, the looming $100 million dollar man Tannehill, plus many draft picks in 2nd -4th year that are not showing much production.

Then he has to do well in the draft after all that.

2015 is a do or die year for him & Philbin. For them to reach the playoffs will be a HUGE bright spot on their abilities as coaches & GM.

124. Silly Tim says:

D, my friend owns a few places in the Williamsburg area of Brooklyn. I remember about 15 years ago when he and his wife were coming up with the business plan. I haven’t seen them in awhile and a few of us have been discussing going into Brooklyn to check it out.

It gets great ratings from what I’ve seen. Knowing him he’s not going to fuck around and cut corners on quality.

I say Cuban and suddenly 10 pork replies follow …

126. jetsssuck says:

D says:
    February 10, 2015 at 5:34 pm

————————————————————————————————————-
    We like eating at all the different famous places and what the legion is famous for. We recently ate at a Lebanese restaurant in S.Miami and it was great. NY has many restaurants I just wish I could visit and eat at the many great restaurants.

127. Silly Tim says:

Piggy, I think GD wants to eat your ass. LOL

128. Silly Tim says:

Catch you folks later.

jetsssuck says:
    February 10, 2015 at 5:33 pm
    Cuban style roast pork—-is soooo gooood
    —————————————————-
    Their bread is awesome too.

130. jetsssuck says:

damn we got a cold front coming friday we are expected to have lows in low 40’s

We got it today, its not severe. I had brought my plants back out because it had been so warm past couple of days, i thought would be safe, and then boom cold lol… It wasnt bad enough to bring them back in though.

131. jetsssuck says:

I say Cuban and suddenly 10 pork replies follow …

I even like the fat

Citing “sources close to the team,” Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole reports there’s a “big question” about whether the Broncos want Peyton Manning for 2015.
    “At this point in his career, the Broncos could fail (Manning’s physical) for any reason, including the four neck surgeries that he has already had,” Cole said. “They’re going to have to feel very comfortable about this.” Manning’s $19 million salary will no longer be guaranteed if he fails his physical. While Manning’s health was an issue late in 2014, we find this report very hard to believe. Until now, every utterance — both public and “sourced” — has suggested Denver desperately wants Manning back. Perhaps this is just a ploy to speed up Manning’s decision. Manning will reportedly meet with GM John Elway before the Combine.
    _______________________
    Jughead will be 39 in March. But I’m sure they want him back for one more run at a title. But they best be looking for a QB in the draft in case Brock isn’t the guy for the future.

Yeah, i mean they got rid of Fox because he wasn’t aggressive enough trying to get them a SuperBowl, then they would want Manning (only reason they would have a shot at one in next god knows how long) gone? I don’t see it. I think Manning should hang them up though.

Manning said he wouldn’t drag this out, but i have to question his definition of dragging it out lol….taking his sweet time for sure.

Manning is coming back, paleez.

Alex Marvez ✔ @alexmarvez
    .@MiamiDolphins are signing veteran TE Ryan Taylor. Real good special teams player with legit chance of making 53-man roster @NFLonFOX
    __________________________________
    27 6’3 254, last with the Browns, before that with GB.
    I don’t get this signing when we have Lynch coming off IR, we just signed Stoneburner to a reserve/futures contract, and we have Gerell Robinson listed on the active roster.

Competition, we need 90 to fill the camp roster, and if he’s an ST specialist he could make it that way, so being listed as a TE may not mean anything.

• Silly Tim says:

Competition. They obviously want to get better at the position. That’s why they drafted the mighty Lynch last year.

I don’t remember seeing a post like this before, a guy that I don’t know who he is, and have them mention he has a legit chance of making 53-man roster.

• Brian in NY says:

I guess that is saying that he is probably on par with Lynch, Stoner, and Robinson as a #3 TE, but his special teams play could edge the others out for a spot on the team.

134. Silly Tim says:

Boo!

I know he’s camp fodder, that and Hickey is honing his GM skills cause he will be very busy soon….lol

Omar cops a video interview with Clive Walford training for the combine.

You guys kill me with these mock drafts you do on those drafting sites, it seems everyone I’ve seen posted here has a grade of A-. Where’s Mike I like bustin’ his bawls about this.

D says:
    February 10, 2015 at 5:48 pm

jetsssuck says:
    February 10, 2015 at 5:33 pm
    Cuban style roast pork—-is soooo gooood
    —————————————————-
    Their bread is awesome too.

yep, nothing like a good cuban sandwich or dinner. black beans yucca, white rice. and pork slow roasted. piggy never tasted so good.

Well if Anthony Johnson can’t crack our DL as a starting DT, he can always sing for the Phins crowd…Ross would like that.

140. dbolt48 says:

Nice little video

• dbolt48 says:

Holy shit….the actual video posted.

Good stuff Dbolt, if that doesn’t give us fans hope nothing will. I lso love the running ability of #17, that will make him even more dangerous as an older QB with a savvy pocket presence.
      This kids arrow will be pointing up for at least the next 7 years.
      Give him his contract Ross/Aponte/Hickey!

141. Silly Tim says:

GD, I see Tripp is listed at 240. I thought he was 245 when we drafted him then I started to see 235 along the way. I think he needs to get a little bigger and stronger though. Maybe not so much weight, but more core strength. I like what I saw from him.

When we had some injuries during the PS he was 2nd team MLB and he didn’t look lost out there. At times he looked like he was thinking a bit, but he also showed some good closing speed. He looks the part of a LB. I think he was drafted with the idea that he would compete in a couple of years to be a starter. If not he can play STs and be a solid backup as a 5th rd pick.

He was drafted @ about 230-235…so he is gaining strength.
      I said before that he should come alive in year 2 like Jenkins did. I still stand by that.

FINALLY got on the site today!! -GREAT ANALYSIS, Mr. PIGGY!!! -Good ole Clive would look good in a Fins jersey!!!
    ——————-
    Hope to have time for a brief visit tomorrow morning before going to work. Tomorrow night I’ll pack for my trip to below-freezing North Carolina for a few days. Y’all have a great evening!–
    OOOPS, before signing off, the info package I was SUPPOSED TO GET FROM THE DOLPHINS TICKET OFFICE LAST THURSDAY/FRIDAY STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED. Maybe it’s just a myth and not a reality (like the winning seasons we’ve had under Philbin). Makes me wonder WHICH I’ll see first, the INFO PACKAGE or a winning season by Philbin??

It would be great if Tripp could shine this year, and really compete for a starting spot. We still need to draft a playmaker somewhere on the defense. I’d love to see Holliman at safety, and either an ILB or OLB as well, Thompson, Dawson, Kendricks, Perryman or McKinney.

144. Silly Tim says:

I watched a Tanny highlight video a few days ago and everything you’d like to have your QB do he did. He may not be great at everything at this time or maybe never will be, but he has the ability to run any play there is. Not all QBs can do that. Look at his numbers in his 3rd season and people think he’s average. He could be a monster in his 5th season.

He’s grown consistently each year. I think that’s all you could ask for. Just keep improving, get better at the little things, and they will add up to big things.

• dbolt48 says:

Could be s monster in his 4th. Everything depends on the OL and players being responsible to their jobs.

What’s up FUers?

Hey Ken – How’s it going?

Silly Tim says:
    February 10, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Was Piggy before the meal or after?

if he is slow roasted and with lots of mojo it doesnt matter. then you enjoy piggy all night long

Nice highlight reel on Tannehill. I do hope they wrap up that long term deal for him. I think he is on the threshold of becoming a high quality NFL QB.

On the Walford/Sims comparisons. I think Walford has a lot more receiving skill than Sims had at the time he entered the draft. Sims is still kind of a work in progress as a receiving threat.

Mike E, add Stephone Anthony to your list of LB’s in the draft for us. He looks good in coverage too, as well as playing the run. Plus he can blitz. He’s 6’2 245. We’d be set @ Mike for a longtime.

Prof Lou mentioned Anthony recently and he does look like a good player

which is good

I was beginning to think it was 3 guys or bust at MLB (McKinney, Perryman or Kendricks)

151. Silly Tim says:

Tanny could be a monster in his 4th year, I said 5th because sometimes QBs get to that next level at 5-7 years. They’re usually 27-30 and have a lot of experience now. One thing about Tanny, he’s a tough SOB.

2012: 12TD/13INT
    2013: 24TD/17INT
    2014: 27/12INT

That’s what you want to see. I remember when people were grilling him for being a -1 at 12/13. Boom! He’s now a +21 at 63/42. Eat it! LOL

Ken says:
    February 10, 2015 at 8:12 pm

You know what goes really well with that too? Pickles.

you my green boy are no longer allowed to say what is good. my god you let your wife dip fries in honey mustard. you may get all green and mad and be all hulky, but till you be a man and stand up to her. you are just kermit the frog green. lol

Al in MIA says:

February 10, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Wyo,
    Trade for Wallace? near impossible
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Al
    I was just saying that the VOTE at the top of the Blog could include everyone but about 4 players currently on the team!
    Almost everyone s expendable @ 8-8

Silly Tim says:
    February 10, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Tanny could be a monster in his 4th year,

and some where in a cold deep place up in minn. randy is having a nice cold beer then out of know where he feels a sharp stab in his back. he looks up and all around and says to others. i must go and defend the honor of tanny will never ever be a monster qb.

Gotta run for a bit. BBL. Peace.

GDP – I think someone else here likes Stephone Anthony, think it’s Prof Lou. I can’t watch the video at work, I’ll try to check it out.

• Silly Tim says:

He’s physical but he looks a little lumbering in space. probably why he’s a mid rd prospect. That doesn’t mean he won’t be a solid player though.

As XXX used to say
    If you don’t like Paul Dawson you can??????????????????????????????

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 24 (ARI): Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (B)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 18 (BUF): Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 2 Pick 21 (CINN): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A)
    Round 2 Pick 23 (ARI): Anthony Harris, SS/FS, Virginia (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 29 (IND): Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (C+)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Nick O’Leary, TE, Florida State (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska (C-)

got to love those first pick trade downs
    5 second rounders anyone???

Now that shit is funny there!
    Your score is: 4803 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 9 (NYG): Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)

Yeah Anthony jumped out at me awhile back…I’m one of those that looks past the early rounds as well. Lots of sleeper type talent out there.
    Ahh, but then ya have to coach them up 😯

Ya don’t throw a lot of INTs when you throw 6 yard passes. He had 6 of his 27 TDs(22%) in the final two meaningless games where the opposition was thinking about their vacations….and many here who are tanneholics said those games meant nothing. He’s never even sniffed a playoff game. He threw almost 600 passes this season…so how could he NOT throw for a lot of yards? Virtually every team that had as many attempts threw for 4000 yards…and even some who threw less did. He was, I believe, ranked 28th in 20+ yard passes….and 30th in 40+ passes. His YPA was horrible(tied for 26th in the league), and it most definitely was NOT just because of his OL as some people keep suggesting. Plenty of QB’s in the league get the same pressure….Tanny’s protection was not horrible compared to the rest of the league. Statistics are fun to look at…but they mean as much as a pair of balls on a sow. Wins…let’s see if he can actually elevate the guys around him for once and get above .500. Gee, wouldn’t that be something? if he has to have everything around him perfect to win….just how damn good can he be?

But, as Tim says, anybody who doesn’t “get it” with this kid must be an idiot….so it must be true. Yeah, only the best QBs go 3 years without getting above .500. Of course, it is always somebody else’s fault….so Tanny has that going for him.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! I feel so much better. Fanboys.

Wyo, Now I know that site is bunk if it grades ones draft as A- after they trade all their picks to move up and get one player.
    What, are you Ditka and Ricky Williams? Don’t forget the weeding dress for Kevin White.

Randy > “Ya don’t throw a lot of INTs when you throw 6 yard passes.”

Sure, ask Russell Wilson about his half a yard pass.

Piggy,
    I would say the same thing. Lol. I don’t question the kid is a gamer….but I don’t care if it doesn’t result in wins. Lots of QB’s who are gamers.

165. Silly Tim says:

Did I use the word idiot? Maybe Randy is Brian Williams. LOL

GDP
    Nah, I’ll just ask wilson about getting to the Super Bowl two years in a row with a crappy OL and no receivers.

Yes you did, but lucky for you I do rather resemble that remark.

Hah!

Your score is: 4905 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 31 (SEA): Paul Dawson, OLB/ILB, TCU (B)
    Round 2 Pick 30 (G.B.): Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (B)
    Round 2 Pick 31 (SEA): Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 32 (N.E.): Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Tre’ Jackson, OG, Florida State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 27 (DAL): Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (B)
    Round 3 Pick 29 (IND): Tony Lippett, WR, Michigan State (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 30 (G.B.): Joey Mbu, DT, Houston (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 31 (SEA): Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 32 (N.E.): David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Kyle Brindza, K, Notre Dame (B)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Max Garcia, C, Florida (C+)

Randy, you’re right Tanny doesn’t elevate the guys around him.
    He passes for over 4000 yards, and the receiver with the most yards was Wallace @ 862, so I guess he’s horrible at going thru his progressions as well.
    Not bad for a guy sacked another 46 times eh?
    Hell, Tanny even made the OL look good rushing for 5.6 YPC himself @ 311 yards total.

OK
    later haters!

Randy says:
    February 10, 2015 at 9:31 pm
    GDP
    _______________________

Their OL paved the way for Lynch to rush for over 1300yds, another 367 receiving and a total of 17 TD’s, add that and a #1 defense against both the run & pass and Miami might have been in the SB too.

GDP,
    TANNY has never made his OL look good. That’s just ridiculous. He holds the ball too long, doesn’t throw it away when he should, doesn’t move in the pocket to avoid pressure and is almost always exactly where defenders expect him to be at the top of the pocket….making it easier to sack and contain him.

But, I know I may as well be farting in a wind storm. I’ll go back to my corner with a colander on my head. It’s all good. Hopefully Tanny goes nuts this season and gets us in the playoffs!

173. Silly Tim says:

Randy, Tanny was ranked 4th in the NFL in passes over 20 yards with I believe 60+ even if that means YAC. That’s why he threw for over 4,000 yards, not with 6 yard passes and misses on deep balls. LOL

Not sure where you’re looking, but NFL.com has him at 28th with 41. Maybe their stats are wrong.

And you throw for 4000 yards….which is no big deal anymore… by throwing almost 600 passes. it’s a matter of volume and a 16 game season not talent….that’s why 12 teams did it….and 5 other teams were within 250 yards of it.

Randy Frostbite,
    Tanny does make his OL look good, or Lazor does, by calling for quick short passes before 2 seconds are up and he gets killed.
    Even when he gets his passes off, I still see our offensive linemen laying on the ground all over the place.
    Let’s hope we get a playoff caliber OL that Benton make make Chicken Salad with in 2015.

Piggy

Leading candidate for what? To be cut? lol

GDP
    Luck also threw 42 TDs….and fewer INTs. With a very average OL…because he knows how to avoid pressure and took chances deep. Luck and Tannehill don’t belong in the same conversation. Lol

Wrong Luck had 40 TD’s & 16 INT’s & lost 6 fumbles & was only sacked 27 times, so his OL wasn’t that bad.
      Oh, and he does this in one of the worst divisions, no wonder they win the division, get a playoff birth, then got beat!

• Silly Tim says:

Some say he’s fantastic at avoiding the rush and he is but he’s also mistake prone at the wrong time. He’s a gunslinger – like Marino. Tanny is being trained like Montana/Rodgers and the best is yet to come.

My prediction from the stars is 30/9 in 2015 for Tanny. Even though Philbin has nothing to do with Tanny’s growth and everyone but him has been a positive influence, like QBs coach Zac Taylor and OC Bill Lazor, we should be okay. LOL

So Randy Frostbite,
    What QB do you think Miami should go after in FA or draft to turn this franchise around and put us in the playoffs?
    ….I’ll be awaiting your eloquent answer.

181. Silly Tim says:

Randy reaching to denounce Tanny in any way possible. Yes everyone throws for 4,000 yards now, 12 of 32 and others were close, but no cigar. If Tanny was no cigar we’d have another topic. LOL

GDP
    one who can win more than 8 games and get in the playoffs. If Tanny can do that, great, but he hasn’t proven he can yet. If you’d like to explain to me how he’s proven that he can…feel free….because I ain’t seen it.

And just how many games did 4000 yards win for us?

BTW, if Tanny was QB of the Colts in that crappy division, then he’d already been in the playoffs.
    So tear that one apart Randy 😉

GDP
    if Tanny played in Indianapolis, he’d have been sacked 45 times and been sitting at home watching the playoffs….just like he did with us. See, anybody can just say anything they want. Lol

Ok, laundry is done…time to get some sleep. GO TANNY….as long as he throws for 7000 yards nobody cares if the team wins! Lol

187. Silly Tim says:

Randy, not sure what your bias is about Tannehill, but you sure ignore him being sacked before he even turns around to see the field. When that subsides it’s easier to discuss the state of the team. 🙂

• dbolt48 says:

Our play LG-C-RG was universally rated the worst in pass pro last year….That’s not the QBs fault. Not the QBs fault you have to run your offense from shotgun because they struggle letting the QB get to the top of a 3 step drop or the fact they can’t hold up in PA situations.

188. Silly Tim says:

Listen, I don’t want to come off as a guy who tramples on your faith, but know that not everyone sees life the same way. That’s the easiest way to say it.

If God is almighty, didn’t he give me my freewill to use what he gave me? When does it end?

Why does the devil (lol) always win?

189. dbolt48 says:

In fairness to Randy though, we all have someone on this team we don’t care for. Like me with Wallace or Mike with Lynch. The only difference is one of these 3 will be here for the next 7yrs…ha, ha.