Combine Wrap Up With Psychic GPS

Electronic Excitement!   Days 3 and 4 of the combine featured defense.  If only I was able to say the same about the Dolphins during December!

MasterGPS2

This year’s crop of pass rushers and run stuffers appears to be deep.  Most experts expect guys like Leonard Williams, Randy Gregory, Shane Ray and Danny Shelton to go early.  Its starting to look like we will see more DL and LBs taken in the first round than any other position.

RandyGregory Leonard Williams

So who stood out?  Who was the athlete that left front offices around the NFL picking their jaws up from the floor.  Let’s start with Vic Beasley.  No Surprise here.  Everyone knew he had incredible speed.  He had the top 40 time.  But he also had the top bench press, the top 3 cone drill, the 2nd best 20 Yard Shuttle, the 3rd best vertical jump and the 3rd best broad jump.  He came to the combine at 246 lbs after reportedly playing most of the season at Clemson at 225 lbs.  Honestly, what did you expect from Beasley.

VicBeasley BudDupree

Another guy who had an outstanding day was Bud Dupree.  He had the top broad jump of the day at 11’6″.  The combine record is 11’7″.  He also ran a terrific 40 and had an impressive vertical jump.  Dupree was impressive but he is not expected to be a top 10 pick.  On the other hand Dante Folwer is.  Folwer also has an impressive 40.  He is also a big breather. I mean either the microphone was buried in the bottom of his lungs or this guy breathes small tornadoes.  I’m saying his breathing was loud.

Folwer

The drills were a lot of fun to watch.  Those guys hit those bags hard.  I think we all know what the worst job in America is now.  No matter what you do, don’t look the pass rusher in the eye!

WorstJob

In my humble electronic opinion the drills are better to watch than the 40.  I was really impressed by the smoothness of some of these big guys.   Two guys jumped out to me as really smooth.  Mario Edwards, Jr. and Markus Golden.

South Dakota State v Missouri MarioEdwards

On Monday, the final day of the combine, the NFL hosted propsective defensive backs.  Unfortuantely some of the blog favorites like Gerald Holliman and Ifo Ekbre-Olomu didn’t run.  Electronic sadness.  There were some impressive sub 4.40 40 times by Ronald Darby, Justin Cox and Trae Waynes.  Waynes is considered by many to be the top CB in the class and a legit option for the Dolphins to take at 14.  Read it and weep chubby chasers.

TraeWaynes Darby

The biggest shocker of the day was when Connectitcuit CB Byron Jones jumped 12’3″ in the board jump.  I don’t know if he will play in the NFL but I am sure USA Track and Field took notice.  BOING!

byron-jones-nfl-combine

All in all the Combine was incredibly entertaining!  Right Coach Philbin?   Ehhh…Coach….Ehh….Are you there?

SleepPhilbin

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

218 Responses to Combine Wrap Up With Psychic GPS

First. Nice write up Piggy! That last pic is hilarious!

I didn’t see anyone jump any broads.

TERRIFIC ARTICLE, Piggy!! – – I’ve got a strong hunch Trae Waynes might be off the board when the Fins pick at #14, so the pudgy guy chasers might get their wish anyway.
    ————
    HERDFAN; Speaking of “jumping broads,” young Joe Namath achieved legend status in that regard as a young QB of the New York Jets. “BROADway Joe,” indeed! –Tomorrow, if my memory serves me right, ABSOLUTE PERFECTION features our beloved Fins AT the Super Bowl III champions, the New York Jets, at loud and profane Shea Stadium. EVERY OBNOXIOUS JETS’ FAN was hoping Namath and his Jets would put an end to all this “Perfect Season” talk in week #4 of the 1972 season!! The OLD DOLFAN will put YOU on the 50 yard line to see one of the most intense, bitter, games of the PERFECT SEASON!!–ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!

4. dbolt48 says:

How many of you would have a problem w/ this draft if we solidified the trenches in FA

Your score is: 5808 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (A)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi St. (A-)

Your Future Picks:
    2016 Round 1 Pick
    2017 Round 1 Pick

D-Bolt

I like it a lot, but that’s assuming we picked up a solid O-lineman in FA. If not, this draft didn’t fill a major need.

• dbolt48 says:

That’s all we can do right now is assume. So, that’s my assumption😀 once FA is in the books I believe all of our drafts will be more accurately reflected.

Piggy – Question for you

Was that pic of Joe taken at the combine, or any of the last 2 games of the season in either ’13 or ’14?

7. dbolt48 says:

In all honesty I wouldn’t be shocked if we try to land either Mason Foster, Brandon Spikes, or David Harris in FA to man the MLBS spot. Mayo might be available, but his injuries might be defining the end for him.

JETSSUCK; HOPE you caught my answer to your question re: UF and FAU last night around 8-9 PM. – – FYI, Florida and FAU have played 24 times before, with the Gators winning 17 and FAU winning 7, including last year’s game played in Gainesville. IN FACT, all 24 prior meetings have been at Florida because both the Gators and the Noles refuse to play FAU in Boca Raton. –Tonight’s contest, played at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter (winter home of the Marlins and Cardinals) will be the first “neutral site” meeting between these two schools. This upcoming football season also will see FAU play at Florida in November. –The Owls also will HOST the Miami Huricanes at Schnelenberger Field in Boca Raton September 12.

We need to free up a lot of space if we expect to fill OL and LB in FA. A LOT OF SPACE. Not sure that’s really realistic, although I do think we have a fair amount of dead weight that needs to go.

10. dbolt48 says:

175: R6P15
    CB SENQUEZ GOLSON
    OLE MISS
    207: R7P15
    WR CHRIS CONLEY
    GEORGIA

I’m kind of indifferent. I think we could do better, but if they think we need him, I’m OK with signing him.

• dbolt48 says:

I’m fine letting him walk and cutting Starks. I think Johnson and the younger guys can rotate and do what they did as pure penetrators. I’d use the money to try and land a space eater like Dan Williams and try to find another space eater later in the draft. Someone who can eat up 2-3 blockers in the run game to allow whoever is at MLB to flow to the ball carrier.

LOL Try – At least if he was sleeping the last 2 games of the last 2 seasons, it would make sense.

13. new age says:

Nice article Wedge!

14. new age says:

Great article yesterday Wyoming!!

For some reason I’ve been unable to post the last few days with my IPad. glad to be back guys!

15. dbolt48 says:

It’s official, Mike E wants to bomb Massachusetts. The only people he hates on the team are Philbin & Lynch and both are from Massachusetts.

16. dbolt48 says:

Just read Sergio Kindle is now a cars salesman, I wonder if his boss allows him to drive any of the cars off the lot😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

17. dbolt48 says:

If the rumors are true that the Saints might cut Grubbs & Evans the OG FA market gets a whole lot better and a more affordable. If they hit I’m throwing good money at Evans.

18. dbolt48 says:

Also Evans can kick out to tackle if we needed him too

Dbolt, Do you like Darby or is he falling just right for your mocks. I think he’s a good hitter and he showed his speed, he’d be nice opposite grimes.

20. Silly Tim says:

Piggy, I see pass rushing LBs going early, but not the 4-3 types. Those guys have too many questions to go 1st round.

draft brown in 1st and perryman in 2nd and sign a decent guard in the FA. I think we should try and keep clay but am indifferent regarding odrick.

D-Bolt

I love Boston, great town. Can’t say the same for the HC or TE.

23. Silly Tim says:

Mike E, Howard Stern used to say that pretending to be Ted Kennedy.

Gotcha. I only listened to Stern for a year or so, and then I got tired of him, really tired.

• Silly Tim says:

Did he make you sleepy? LOL

I listened to him when he started and for a bunch of years afterwards, but then his show became only about lesbians and no more creativity and I got bored of the show.

I don’t know, i guess I got tired of his shtick. It was somewhere around 2000 or 2001, and I started listening to the “Sports Guys”, which was Craig Carton and a couple of other guys. It was when I was commuting to Livingston NJ, I needed something to keep me company on my ride. Music actually sometimes makes me sleepy.

• Silly Tim says:

Oh I started listening to him in the 80s and got tired of him in the late 90s.

If you want to stay awake while driving listen to Bat’s music. LOL

I listened to Stern occasionally through the years, but when I started commuting to Livingston in ’99, I realized talk radio worked the best at keeping me involved, without getting too calm and tired, like when I listened to my music.

Hi
    My name is Wyoming85 and I’m a Draftaholic!

14: R1P14 DT DANNY SHELTON WASHINGTON
    47: R2P15 ILB DENZEL PERRYMAN MIAMI (FLA.)
    78: R3P14 G TRE’ JACKSON FLORIDA STATE
    111: R4P15 CB ERIC ROWE UTAH
    142: R5P14 WR DEONTAY GREENBERRY HOUSTON
    175: R6P15 S ADRIAN AMOS PENN STATE
    207: R7P15 FB TYLER VARGA YALE

26. dbolt48 says:

Impressive video shown by Miami

@ArmandoSalguero: New blog post (with video). Greater Sun Life amenities coming, but what about home field advantage?

27. Silly Tim says:

Mike E driving to work listening to “More than a Woman”.

28. Silly Tim says:

Mike E, I just realized the chick who asks Tony if he’s as good in bed as he is on the dance floor was Fran Drescher.

Tim, Hollywood Knights is hilarious.

“he’s playing it wis his dick”… LMAO

The Hollywood Knights was a comedy from the early 80’s, and I think, not positive, it was Michelle Pfeiffers first movie. Robert Wuhl was one of the stars, Tony Danza was in it, and Stuart Pankin. Funny movie, I always liked that one.

too big

Seems Dom likes one of my targets too.

TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline notes that Clemson senior ILB Stephone Anthony “is a favorite of defensive coordinator Dom Capers.”
    “Staying with the Pack, I’m told they are very high on Stephone Anthony, who would fill a need at inside linebacker. Anthony had 16 official visits at the combine and the first team he met with was Green Bay. I was informed Anthony is a favorite of defensive coordinator Dom Capers,” Pauline wrote. With inside linebacker being one of the biggest needs for the Packers, Anthony does make sense as a second-day option. The Clemson prospect improved his stock at the Senior Bowl, and showed that he has potential to be a three-down player.

Son, like I mentioned the other night, Dorsett looks to be going fairly early in this draft, by the 2nd round it seems now.

TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports that the New York Jets and the Green Bay Packers were showing heavy interest in Miami WR Phillip Dorsett at the combine.
    “It was bandied about the internet the New York Jets spent a significant amount of time with Philip Dorsett. I can confirm this to be true. Besides the Jets the other team who has taking a liking to the speedy wide out are the Green Bay Packers,” Pauline wrote. The Packers and the Jets both have needs at the wide receiver position, with Randall Cobb and Percy Harvin potentially out the door. The Hurricane prospect could be a nice weapon as a vertical threat at the next level.

GDP

I’m comfortable with Anthony if we can’t get, or don’t want Kendricks, Perryman or McKinney

I like Perryman & Kendricks, but have softened on McKinney, with Anthony’s size I think he’d be as good or better than McKinney.

Could be man. Until one of these guys actually gets in here and starts playing, we won’t know. The good thing is I thought Anthony was going to be too slow, but that’s not that the case.

35. dbolt48 says:

Believe it or not I’m not a huge Kendricks fan. I’d prefer Perryman or Anthony in round 2. If we can’t land them give me Mike Hull in round 4 or 5.

From what I’ve read, Hull isn’t starting material. Not that those reports are always right, but I hope we don’t wait that long if we’re looking for a starting MLB.

• dbolt48 says:

Hull is plenty good enough to start. He tested well at the combine and has great instincts. Coming out of high school he was a 5 star recruit. Had some injuries early in college. He’s a very good player.

37. dbolt48 says:

Mike,
    What made you think Anthony was slow? Was it when you watched him or was on the NFL.com profile?

I think the scouting reports I’ve read, on NFL.com and other sites as well. There were concerns as to whether he’s a 3 down LB or not. I figured it was because he didn’t run well.

38. Silly Tim says:

From some of the video I saw on Stephone Anthony I didn’t see a sub 4.6 guy. I’m not sure he’s a 4-3 MLB and may be a better fit as a 3-4 ILB, But as Mike said, until these guys get in camp you never really know.

Here’s a blurb today I just found about McKinney…guess he’ll go on to be a HOF’er now…lol. He does have very good speed for a big guy. He’ll just need more good coaching.

On tape, Mississippi State ILB Benardrick McKinney “around the football, but didn’t make as many plays as you’d expect,” said NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock.
    Fellow analyst Daniel Jeremiah agreed that McKinney wasn’t as productive as he expected on tape. Jeremiah said McKinney is “a true flash player,” and added that the more tape he watched, “the more I got concerned.” He questioned McKinney’s football instincts. McKinney (6-foot-4 1/8, 246 pounds) ran a 4.66 forty.

Mike E
    Do you still have my Free Agent piece?

Ramik Wilson had a good combine, shows good on tape, but needs to ad some more strength to handle blockers that get to the second level.
    What’s interesting is his fellow teammate Amario Herrera who also @ ILB when UG played in the 3-4 sets.

I’m also interested in Bryce Hager from Baylor, he seems similar to our Tripp.

BTW, Bryce Hager ran a 4.60 @ the combine, 26 reps on bench, 4.36 in shuttle @ 7.15 in cones…very impressive, oh and a nice 35″ vertical to jump up and snag Brady’s passes 😉

43. dbolt48 says:

Also I think I left out Dawson above. I’m still perfectly fine drafting him.

Wyo

I’m not sure what article you’re talking about. When did you send it to me?

I think Dawson’s teammates on that great TCU defense helped him look better on tape than he really might be.

That’s very hard to quantify. You could probably say that about on any player, good or bad on any team. It helps to have good players around you, and it hurts when you don’t.

What? Are you into quantum physics now with that new fancy software program you have @ work? 😉

A lot of people on here were gushing about Vic Beasley, but how bout Eli Harold? WOW!
    I’d take either if we were going to run more 3-4 than we already do.

Telling sign???

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    Jarvis Landry is all over the stadium promotional push. Mike Wallace is noticeable absent. Not a coincidence. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article11072627.html

He’s a selfish little terd, Wallace i mean. You guys need to wake up to the fact a self serving teammate is a cancer, and there is more than just the money that can be saved by trading or cutting him.

getterdone says:
    February 24, 2015 at 1:59 pm
    ———————————————
    You have crossed into the defensive zone Mike has for Dawson. I went there a couple weeks ago and the wounds are still healing *sniff* *sniff*. Keep your eyes on him, and just slowly back away….

Tyeler Davison the DT from Fresno St. has really grown on me once I saw his combine numbers too. At 318lbs the big guy can move too, plus he’s strong enough to occupy blockers as well.
    He can be had after the mid point of the draft, if so, I’d try to steal him.
    It would be a sound move especially if we add a vet FA @ DT to go with our other young rotation guys.

I think a starting caliber DT and OG at the biggest areas we need to address in FA, and there might be more, but if we dont walk away with one, hopefully both of these feeling solid im going to be worried for next season. We dont have proven guys on our team to fill in, and no rookie draftee would provide that this year. There are some nice DT’s in this years FA pool and a few OG’s too. Anything of the top 3-4 prospects in either area would improve on what we currently have,

I was going to post a “my offseason plan for the Phins” but it got very very large and i might as well save it and submit it as an article lol.

Still shocked Rolondo McClain turned in such a great year last year. Id still be nervous about signing him but he may have his shit together now. The talent was always there, it was always McClain holding himself back.

from Vic Carucci
    A “source in the know” tells the Buffalo News that the Bills are not pursuing Sam Bradford.
    ________________________
    Which means they could pursue Matt Moore whom they wouldn’t have to trade anything for.

Everyone has already written off Misi. When healthy he’s one of our better defenders. Let me just say this to any rookie who thinks he’s going to come in here and take a job –
    Pack your lunch.

54. Silly Tim says:

They are actually real and alive.

Son

If you have to say “when he’s healthy” every year, that’s the problem right there. He was far from great when he was on the field. Can’t we aim higher?

All I’m saying is that I doubt a rookie comes in and unseats him. Certainly he needs to stay healthy and of course we need more depth and playmakers at LB but I don’t see Misi relenting very easily. He’ll be tough competition for ANY rookie.

Tim, I saw them driving this:

Can’t believe the blonde would risk breast augmentation…SMH

Silly Tim says:
    February 24, 2015 at 3:12 pm

They are actually real and alive.

it is ok timmie, it is perfectly normal to think your dolls are alive

…until the fart, fly around the room, while you chase them, and out the window they go. That’s your Deflategate….lol

59. Al in MIA says:

Ah, Vic Beasley, such a tease.
    I have vowed never to take a Clemson DL after they ALL have been NFL disappointments in the last 15 years.

60. Al in MIA says:

son of a son of a shula says:
    February 24, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Pack your lunch.
    —–
    It’s ok, the rookie’s agent will just tell his client “Take it all in my friend, get in the best shape of your life…listen to the coaches, focus on the details, and in Week 9 when Misi gets hurt, you will make your first start!”

61. Al in MIA says:

Tim’s right, i’ve seen that person before.

Been articles written about at least the blonde one for some time.

Al, I seem to like Eli Harold over Beasely. Will be interesting to follow their careers.

Koa Misi – Games started.
    2010 – 11
    2011 – 9
    2012 – 14
    2013 – 12
    2014 – 11

Misi has also never had more than 50 solo tackles in any year.

• Silly Tim says:

He was an 3-4 OLB his first 2 seasons, a SOLB his next 2 seasons and 2-down player, and first year at MLB last year would have been close to 100 tackles if he didn’t have the high ankle sprain.

We all know he’s not spectacular or a big playmaker, but he’s physical and solid.

I’d like to see Misi return to his 2012 form or better if possible.

64. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Same here (Eli over Beasley).

Anyway, I like the draft for the underrated guys.

Wonder why LB Jake Ryan of Michigan isn’t getting any love :/.

He seems like he’d be a good fit for Miami.

• dbolt48 says:

From what I can gather it might deal with his struggles at the senior bowl….not sure though

Yes, he’d be another later round addition that could develop nicely. Seems very similar to Tripp.
      Jake Ryan has an impressive 46 tackles for a loss over 41 starts.

65. Al in MIA says:

You want the guy that always shows up to work to handle your biggest projects or the guy who misses a month maximizing all his vacation time and sick days?
    That’s my issue with Misi.
    If you aren’t available in December when the team is fighting for their playoff lives, then it’s time to look for more reliable options.
    Hell, i’m not talking about doing all 16 games, that’s very tough these days but 14 games should be the norm. Missing 4-5 games a year is a big problem when trying to build reliability.
    I like Misi but if he’s only available 10-11 games a year then his salary should reflect that.

• Silly Tim says:

I’m just saying what Misi is. He’ll get replaced when 3 other guys are better than him.

• Al in MIA says:

I agree. People got to earn their jobs. Jenkins is an example of someone who worked himself up to be reliable (minus the one or two goofs that went for long plays 😦 )

66. jetsssuck says:

OD–thanks for the info…Go Gators… If you are at the Jupiter game maybe you will run into Bill Parcells. The local news stations showed him at the training camp of the marlins yesterday. He’s been known to hang out at the local training camps. I hope I’m that active at his age. I once heard if he didn’t get into football coaching he would have been a baseball coach. He loves race horses also. I did training at Jupiter inlet in the late 70’s now the navy seals do training exercises there also. The US Navy hall of fame for the US navy seals is in Fort Pierce, Fl. They have the real escape capsule from the movie Caption Phelps.

67. Al in MIA says:

I’ve seen quite a few mock drafts in here…

Kinda disappointed at those that don’t include any of these -> Tomlinson, Marpet, or Cann LOL.
    We need OG starters (competition for it) and can’t rely on Turner/Thomas or some run of the mill FA OG to just get the job handed to them.

Speaking of OL, I’m trying to look at TAMU’s Jarvis Harrison as a late round flyer….

What are your thoughts GDP….you are the acorn expert here lol.

Al, I keep pushing for Clint Boling to be signed in FA, he should win our LG spot, he’s 25, arrow pointing up, a fit for ZBS.

Your Jarvis Harrison is interesting, but I also kinda like another Cane’ Feliciano too. He’s tough as nails.

I’ve also mentioned Jamon Brown before too, he’s been a RT & LT @ Louisville for most his starts, and a couple inside. He’ll offer versatility, but is more suited to be a solid RG in the NFL…IMO.

70. jetsssuck says:

for all the science I don’t understand. From air horns playing a tune to get all the Orange Bowl fans to yell “charge” to stadium noise systems to elevate the fan experience and pump up the heart rates.

71. Silly Tim says:

jetsssuck says:
    February 24, 2015 at 5:20 pm
    A lot of mega stars live in that town now.

Especially on Jupiter Island. I’ve boated in the intracoastal on the one side of all those mansions.

73. Silly Tim says:

Catch you folks later.

Damn Conner Halliday has smaller hands than i do and he’s flipping 6’3. Mannion only has me by 1/4 inch. Same with Sims. Was looking up some of those guys and saw an 8 something for Halliday and was shocked. Last year didnt they all have like freakish sized hands… This must be the year for midget baby hands.

This is a guy i have been talking up as a later round guy for us to tandem with Miller, below is from NFL.com

MATT JONES RB FLORIDA
    Height: 6’2″
    Arms: 32″
    Weight: 231LBS.
    Hands: 8 5/8″
    STRENGTHS:
    Imposing size with muscular frame. Above-average swivel in hips and perimeter quickness for runner his size. Pistons for feet, chomping and churning through contact to extend run. Has slippery lower body with angle-tackle attempts sliding off. Keeps shoulders square to line for maximum power. Plays with forward lean and is difficult to stop for a loss. Used sparingly as a pass-catcher, but flashes capable hands if asked to do so in the pros. Aggressive in protection, squaring up and striking a blow against free-running blitzer.

WEAKNESSES:
    More grinder than every-down running back. Will hit it downhill, but has very little feel for maximizing run creases. Blind to open running lanes. Drops head and burrows into blockers and defenders rather than seeing open space. Must improve patience in setting up blocks. Can juke and shift when headed to line of scrimmage, but doesn’t show much creativity and shiftiness once he’s on second level. Needs to keep ball tucked and secured to avoid fumbling issues.

SOURCES TELL US:
    “Big ol’ dude. We always reserve a place for chain movers on our depth chart, so he does some of the things that we like, even if he’s limited.” — AFC area scout

NFL COMPARISON:
    BenJarvus Green-Ellis

BOTTOM LINE:
    Has very good athleticism for a big running back and is a physical pile-mover who is difficult to stop for negative yardage. Unfortunately, Jones lacks the instincts and vision to fully maximize his physical tools. Jones could become the physical member of a running-back-by-committee approach, with upside as a third-down option.

Al, Jarvis Harrison is a really good prospect, but the problem with him is motivation. He and Tyrus Thompson have A LOT of upside, but they have both been characterized much like Seantrel was last year. I dunno how true any of it is, but both those guys would be on my radar late round.

GDP, Feliciano would be a good mauler, but im not sure he is suited for ZBS. Again, good prospect, worth a late round flyer if he lasts that long, i wouldnt reach for him though, take him where the value is, 6-7. A guy i like who has a lot of versatility, probably more like a 4-6 round prospect is Robert Myers, Tenn. State.

Robert Myers from NFL.com
      Height: 6’5″
      Arms: 33 3/4″
      Weight: 326LBS.
      Hands: 9 1/2″
      STRENGTHS
      Has good thickness and strength through lower body. Flashes desired functional strength with ability to anchor against bull rushers. Footwork is a plus and stays balanced in pass protection. Sound technician and recognizes D-line games. Initial punch has some juice behind it. Good body control and knee bend. Gets movement at point of attack when asked to drive block. Well-timed climb to second level. Will look for work downfield and hustles to trail play. Tough player with above-average strength for his size and a frame to add more weight.

WEAKNESSES
      Average lateral athlete. Needs better understanding of angles and positioning as zone blocker. Not overly quick and tends to lose contact on outside runs. Loses strength when hands slide out too wide. Below average change of direction to strike moving targets on second level. Lacks muscle in his arms and has a soft midsection. Must prove he can handle faster, stronger competition.

BOTTOM LINE
      Myers is already above average from a technical standpoint and is a quick processor when the game speeds up. Myers is a guard prospect who can pull and play in a power scheme. He has the pass protection traits of an NFL starter. The ceiling is higher for Myers than many guard prospects in this draft, and with more coaching and work in the weight room, he should be an NFL starter.

78. dbolt48 says:

My dude Smelter from Georgia Tech had a 11″ hands😁

DJ Humphries from UF has a lot of talent, just hasn’t put it all together. If he can add some more weight and get serious, a coach like Benton could make him a solid OL at multiple positions in 2-3 years.

Yeah i think Humphries is going to be really solid. I try not to push the UF guys because of my bias, but i know how good they are from watching them so closely. I like Max Garcia a lot too, but he wouldnt be someone i would have anything but late round confidence in. Trenton Brown seems like an intriguing guy as a backup RT, maybe one day would be starter material but i think it would take some time.

getterdone says:
    February 24, 2015 at 5:54 pm
    Yeah, great ZBS candidate there 😉
    ————————————————–
    I think thats the weight issue, as they said later, he would need to tone up some. I have read though he is a pretty high character kid so hopefully would feed off other hard workers and change some of that flab to muscle. I like fact he could backup two positions, i dont really see him as a starter, but maybe he would develop into one.

World needs backups too, not everyone you draft is drafted to be a starter, sometimes you take the versatility and realize he gives you depth in two spots, and you draft the guy so that ya dont have to hold two roster spots for guys who can really only play one position.

D, good points above on the OL guys. Let’s hope some of our own depth guys can develop more for the coming season. –
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Tannehill 😉

82. Silly Tim says:

Well there are a good amount of edge rushers in this draft and that should help push a few more players to us. Pass rushers always go early.

83. Silly Tim says:

Clear some cap and target DT and OL in FA. We have some young prospects on both sides of the ball who can also compete. But we need to get a guy who can join the DL rotation right away and a starting guard. The we can approach the draft with BPA as they fall.

dbolt48 says:
    February 24, 2015 at 5:51 pm
    My dude Smelter from Georgia Tech had a 11″ hands
    You know what they say about guys with big hands.

85. Silly Tim says:

Brian, how was your vacation?

ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner still considers Jake Long more likely to be released than return on a restructured contract.
    The cap-strapped Rams can free up $8 million by releasing the 2013 free-agent signee, who has ended both of his St. Louis campaigns on injured reserve. The team has already said it is moving forward with Greg Robinson at left tackle. Going on 30 with an injury history as long as the Appalachian Trail, Long will likely think long and hard about hanging up his cleats.
    ___________________________
    Maybe Ross can talk Big Jake to come back and be a backup for $2M 😉 UM alumni and all. 🙂

87. dbolt48 says:

So I see it’s pretty much guaranteed that Mike Wallace will be released. omar said his inside sources said the team isn’t getting rid of him.

88. dbolt48 says:

@NFLFilmStudy: The Dolphins are going to offer Mike Wallace a restructure. They’re willing to have him back, but not at his price.

@NFLFilmStudy: It would be very surprising if Wallace made anything more on the open market than a restructure would offer. It’ll be up to him to return

89. dbolt48 says:

@NFLFilmStudy: Although it’s possible the Dolphins re-sign Jared Odrick, Miami has found that there are similar options that will be cheaper in free agency

@NFLFilmStudy: Odrick is looking for about $8mil a season, which is high. He may be pricing himself out. Miami is very likely to bring back Charles Clay.

@NFLFilmStudy: Another Rosenhaus client is Mike Pouncey. Miami is balancing between keeping Rosenhaus happy with a Pouncey deal and a fair Odrick deal

90. dbolt48 says:

@NFLFilmStudy: Dolphins’ DT Randy Starks played hurt throughout 2014, but he’s almost certainly going to be cut. Replacing him is their top FA priority

91. dbolt48 says:

@NFLFilmStudy: Louis Delmas will also be a strong candidate to come back. Miami feels the defense gave up after he was hurt, and his presence is needed

• Silly Tim says:

Gave up?

Delmas coming off of a late season knee injury for a guy who’s had knee problems? Maybe to compete at a vet minimum, but I can’t see us re-signing him to a multi-year deal.

Delmas has played a full 16 game season once in the NFL.. He’s played 15 games twice, in ’09-’10, and then he played 16 in ’13. In the middle of that, he played 11, and 8. Let Delmas compete with a safety who hopefully is better and can play a full season.

• Silly Tim says:

That’s not that bad. Guys do get banged up. But the season ending knee injury late in the year wasn’t good moving forward. He’s a good safety but his knee issues would concern me now.

It’s not good either. Sign guys like that, and then make excuses at the end of the year about all the injuries. Let him walk, just like DET did. If you sign him on a one year deal with the intention of drafting his competition, that’s different. Better have a Plan B if you keep him.

93. Silly Tim says:

GD, I believe Jake Long has finished the season on IR 5 times, 3 with us and twice with the Rams. It’s now a pattern.

94. Silly Tim says:

The only way we release Starks is if they feel he’s on the downside and doesn’t have much left which might be the case.

95. Silly Tim says:

Mike E, we did sign Delmas to a one year deal and I said after his recent injury I can’t see us investing much in him moving forward. I was talking about his past injuries not being that bad. A lot of players, good ones too, miss games.

I still think Aikens is an option to pair with Jones. That’s good size and skill at safety.

I’m not sold on Aikens at all. I’m not sying he can’t be the answer, but I haven’t seen anything that says he is.

He made a few plays in limited time last season

It’s tough to tell under Philbin

But, so far guys like miller, who slowly brought along work out pretty well

I guess there are a few that haven’t worked out so well
        But I do think we saw more positives than negatives
        From Aiken

• Silly Tim says:

He’s a pretty good tackler, rangy and had a nice INT for a 43 yard return. 6-1 205 and 4.45/4.5 speed.

Speaking of safeties

97. Silly Tim says:

Piggy, why is it hard to tell under Philbin about Safety? Plenty of rookies and young players have started and contributed since he’s been here and I keep reading people say he locks them in a box and won’t let them out. LOL

I don’t get it.

I didn’t say he kicks them in a box

But I think he takes it slow

It’s not always a bad thing
      Good teams develop talent

• Silly Tim says:

It’s on the player to earn playing time. If they’re ready they play. Plenty of examples.

Many football people think Philbin has done a very good job developing talent. The main criticism comes from fans who are still connected with the last 6 years of missing the playoffs, so not many props get handed out until that happens even if development is happening.

Man

Some of you guys are just real sweet on my hand, alwaysthinking about it. Makes me a little nervous. Just sayin’. I know it’s pretty and all, but . . . . . lol

Do you guys think this girl is hot
    Or too musclely

100. Silly Tim says:

She might be the sexiest bad-ass on the planet.

101. Rhino says:

wow… I need to check in more often. Every day is “babe of the post” day. 🙂 I can see this new ability to upload photos could get the married guys in trouble. lol

Rhino, everyone loves big knockers. Even Bill Clinton can’t resist nice boobs!

103. Silly Tim says:

She is a bad-ass.

I think Pbilbin has done a good job developing guys

Like I said
    It’s not a bad thing

It’s just a fact

It’s
    Leads me to say: I can’t tell with Aikens

Point is, we’ve seen it before

These
    Coaches sometimes like guys , but don’t play them too much

I think it’s part of Philbins formula

• Silly Tim says:

Joe Philbin in my opinion obviously.

Pros: Good man, lots of coaching experience, good teacher – knows football really well, patient but also believes in making explosive plays, not conservative like Sparano was.

Cons: Has more of that teacher/professor persona, not an overly kid-around players coach, maybe doesn’t command the room enough, is learning on the job and learning from mistakes. His teams have finished the season poorly. He has to change that.

I wanted to see Philbin get his full 4 year contract because I don’t think constant turnover is good and it’s been bad in Miami since we moved on from Shula. We had some decent runs with Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt and then it feel apart to where we are now.

After inheriting a 6-10 and 7-9 type team, you know the team poorly built by Ireland.
      2012 7-9
      2013 8-8
      2014 8-8

Joe can’t go worse than that and 8-8 again won’t cut it. He has to get this team to 10-6 and most likely the playoffs. Could you imagine if we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs? Then what?

I like for chicks

But I don’t know that I like them to punch anyone…lol

I’m sticking with my crossfit ladies…lol

John Owning’s 2015 NFL Draft Breakdown: Paul Dawson, LB, TCU

On that film break down, stop watching Dawson & watch how the DL pushes back the OL allowing Dawson to make plays…if anything we should be drafting Chucky Hunter. 🙂

Odrick wants $8M? I assume he means over a 2 year contract, right? Lol

108. jetsssuck says:

here’s some good seasoning that I mix together for soups 1 tablespoon each of ground cumin, paprika, and ground oregano. The aroma is great.

109. Silly Tim says:

If you don’t find this sexy… you might be gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. 😉

It’s creepy knowing this girl would kick 90% of our asses. LOL

110. jetsssuck says:

much more impressed with women golfers and spanish tv stations women actors.

• jetsssuck says:

we have a local tv spanish that has a show about pablo escobar and they have women that are in their 50-60’s and they look hot.

The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson reports the Dolphins are “expected to pursue” free agent ILB David Harris.
    Harris would play middle linebacker for the Dolphins. Though he just turned 31, Harris is expected to have a robust market, with the Dolphins joining the Bills, Falcons, Bears, and Jets as teams interested in him. New Dolphins president Mike Tannenbaum drafted Harris in New York in 2007. If he were to sign with Miami, MLB Koa Misi would kick back outside to strong-side linebacker. Free agent MLB Mason Foster is viewed as a fallback plan for the Dolphins if they can’t sign Harris.
    _______________________
    We’ll end up with Foster, but that’s ok, he was a guy I mentioned early on and he’s younger.