Wedge Scouting Report: Eric Kendricks

ErickKendricks1Wedge ID

I confess, I don’t like most Earthlings…but I do like Linebackers.  Mainly because Linebackers don’t appear to think much of Earthlings either.  Well, that is what I gather by the way they throw their bodies at other Earthlings.  I believe Eric Kendricks hates Earthlings too!  He must!  He loves to hit them!

EricKendricks2

Kendricks is a 6’0, 230 lb linebacker from UCLA.  In his Senior season at UCLA he pummeled so many Earthlings they gave him an award known as the Butkus award.  Kendricks has strong bloodlines in football.  His father was a running back for UCLA in the 70s and his brother Michael plays for the Eagles.

EricKendricks6

This versatile player is probably the most well rounded linebacker in the draft.  He can stop the run, rush the passer and get in open space and cover guys.  Some people might think he is a bit undersized but being light on his feet probably helps him in coverage.  In the NFL these days, linebackers have to cover.

EricKendricks3

Kendricks’ is one of those high football IQ guys. Probably a result of being around football his whole life.  When you watch him on tape, you can see how quickly he identifies the play and then destroys it.  He was the undisputed leader of the UCLA defense that faced powerhouse offenses like Oregon.

EricKendricks5

Kendricks had over 100 tackles in each of the last three years at UCLA.  He had 467 in his career with the Bruins.  Add 8 sacks, 5 Interceptions, 3 forced fumbles and 3 fumble recoveries to that career stat line.  That is why Kendricks is getting a reputation as the most versatile inside linebacker in this draft.

EricKendricks6

Kendricks reminds me of the Great Serpents of the Vcoiup Nebulas.  Those snakes are born with great instincts.  If they smell flesh, they latch on until you collapse.  We used to stick them in each others pants when we got bored at work.  Kendricks’ Alien Weapon of Destruction is a Great Serpent of the Vcoiup Nebulas.

HenricksWeapon

Watch his highlights!

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

217 Responses to Wedge Scouting Report: Eric Kendricks

Jahn, my bad…I didn’t mean for my post to come off with malice or bad intent either. Was in a flow of bustin balls as good natured jabbing.
    I know what you’re saying about the IMO’s & IMHO, I try to use it often as well, but maybe not enough.
    After all, that’s all we fans can do here on a blog is express opinions, try to make speculations and sometime so called calculated guess.
    Makes it interesting…All good….IMHO of course 🙂

It shouldn’t be about drafting the same position, it should be about the issue at hand. We need upgrades and depth on the OL.

The Bills and Jets will have very good defenses. The Pats are always okay. We better block them this year or we will see more of the same.

I just hope we solve the Clay thing soon, and if they really want to go with more solid 2 TE sets, then maybe Gresham should be looked at, maybe Zach Miller, or we can draft say Maxx, or Walford, or that sleeper I like in mid rounds, Blake Bell.

All I have to say is . . . . . LA’EL!!! lol

Your score is: 5787 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: La’el Collins, OT/OG, LSU (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson (B)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Ibraheim Campbell, SS, Northwestern (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State (A)

5. jetsssuck says:

——————————————————————————————————-
    The qb has more time for longer developing routes.The defense stays off the field for several plays a game. Less injuries to OL that are run oriented.More injuries occur to OL pass blocking than run blocking.oiw If we had a great O-line, everyone on offense gets better though, especially the QB. That counts manppppp-

BRIAN IN NY SAYS he’s tired of picking an O-Line player early and STILL having a crappy O-Line!–Me, too. –However, the problem ISN”T picking a lineman early. NO-O-O, BRIAN, the PROBLEM is who’s doing THE PICKING!! –JEFF IRELAND was the problem!! –We absolutely cannot win in the playoffs with our current O-Line. WE MUST GET BETTER!! THAT means an O-Lineman in round 2 and maybe another in round 4 or 5. Sure. I’d LOVE to get PARKER or an impact receiver in round ONE. –IF none are available, the BEST LB available at pick#14 would also be OK. But let’s get real here. Our current O-Line is a recipe for DISASTER and another disappointing season, especialy if Albert does NOT come back as good as he was or if he suffers yet another injury and only plays part of the season.
    —————
    SHOUT OUT TO MIKE E.; Who would be the best Guard available, in your opinion, in round 2??–I know it’s a lot of guess work, but toss me a few names.
    ————–
    Y’ALL have a great day. –Talk to you after work. -PS: Another insanely beautiful day in Tampa Bay!!