How It All Began

How it all began: My Dolphin Story By John D. aka son of a son of a shula I was 7 years old. The only real thing I knew about football was that my three older brothers would clobber me when I had one in my hands. Growing up in Connecticut, just outside of New York, the Giants were the team always on TV and the team most cheered for. Suddenly out of nowhere there was a loud noise across the football landscape, there was a team threatening to be undefeated. A team that was new and wore far different color uniforms than that of which we’d become accustomed to. They had players that no one had heard of, they had a real young coach, with a distinctive jaw, and they just kept winning. They even had some “old” guy playing quarterback. My older brothers became enthralled so, me, as the kid brother followed along. The Dolphins were turning the football world on its ear and we loved it. http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/62/files/2014/04/ap_dolphins_071221_ssh.jpg The Dolphins were a fancy looking team and to see them on television was a huge thrill. My Father and Grandfather were very skeptical of course. How could a new team with teal and orange colors ever be a force against the Giants, the Packers, the Steelers or the Cowboys? “They were just lucky”, they said. I knew it wasn’t luck, I just knew. These were the Dolphins and they could beat anyone. As the dominance and popularity grew so did the magazine articles. We’d rip out every picture and hang it on the wall. Sports Illustrated, Sport, Sporting News we ripped ‘em all out. We couldn’t get enough of the fancy uniform and the cool logo. http://www.phinzmania.com/news/images/stories/Dolphin1966.png Losing the Super Bowl to Dallas the previous year put the Dolphins on the radar but no one could have expected the unprecedented season which would follow.  It did and the bandwagons loaded up, myself included. As a seven year old I was just having a lot of fun with it mostly riding on the coattails of my older brothers’ enthusiasm. Once the 72 season ended we geared up for the next year this time with a better knowledge of the team and a stronger desire for more. The Dolphins didn’t let us down either. With only two loses and then dominating the playoffs including spanking the Vikings in the Super Bowl.  We were the fans of a magical team, the team with the fancy uniforms and the funny names. Csonka, Kuechenberg, Den Herder, Kiick, Griese, Mercury and a guy named Little who was HUGE. Garo Yepremian! It was the crooked nose under the funny looking face mask that Csonka wore. It was the gigantic fu-man-chu mustache on Manny Fernandez, the bald head of Dick Anderson all defining this great team. How come the middle linebacker wore number eighty-five? Our safety wore number thirteen. Why were there two I’s in Kiick? Our team was the best, the best and once the playoffs started the next year we all knew the Dolphins would win it all again. Now we were older and playing organized ball ourselves so we had a lot more knowledge and expectation to go along with the Dolphins invincibility. Then it happened. It was incredible and it was devastating all at once. We clenched and prayed as the Raiders drove late, knowing they would scare us, but come on these were the Dolphins, they were just going to win.  Stabler was about to get sacked and we were in mid air cheering when the “Sea of Hands” play occurred. How, how did this happen? It wasn’t supposed to be like this. I was shattered. I was in shock. http://www.raiders.com/assets/images/news/article-images/122109seaofhands-catch.jpg Of course we all know that the team came back to reality. Csonka, Kiick and Warfield went after the big money and our team became just another team. Good but not great. Don Shula continued to lead the team to the playoffs seemingly every year so we always felt the glory could be re-captured. I still yearn for it. I still in a way expect it, oddly enough. I sometimes still look back on those times as a seven year old when those colors were magical and our team was unbeatable, what an impression it left on me. I think about the pictures on the wall, the football cards, the various Dolphin shirts and paraphernalia my brothers and I had. Larry Seiple’s football card said P/TE. Csonka’s crooked nose is perhaps one of the most indelible marks left by those days. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513XVNFV7yL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg So I’m starting to get older now and a little less wide-eyed, yeah we make the playoffs every year but come on where are the Super Bowls. Then along comes Dan Marino. I’m out of High School and our family had moved to Florida. This kid is insane – look at him throw the football. That magic was damned near restored, you felt it again. At least we felt it again. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/1992/1551614-danmarino.jpg Through it all I remained the most die-hard out all of my brothers, they are much more casual fans than I am. I raised my daughters to be fans and God bless them they are though what have they seen to endear them. It must be the uniforms! I’m ready to start a new chapter of greatness, to witness it and get caught up in it. I mean after all I still expect it. Our current team is heading in a good direction. Despite the amount of negativity, there is so much I like about the make-up of the current team. They have a rallying cry from last years let down, they have a hunger. The heart must come out. These guys have to believe in each other and play for each other. I always get very optimistic at this time of year; it’s where I come from as a Dolphin fan. The new season brings another opportunity to be great. I saw it so many times before. The years are piling up now and we’ve all witnessed the frustration of the last many years but I believe better times lay ahead and we are headed right for them. I have a lifetime invested in this team and the best parts were as a wide eyed little kid, it was wonderful.  I’m a diehard, I’m a believer! One man one Dolphin fan! http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/22ee28b4ba3de428b3ff85b0600af6355c76b7f0/c=11-0-1966-1470&r=x404&c=534×401/local/-/media/2015/03/12/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/635617651278209589-AP-Dolphins-Suh-Football-FLJ.jpg

This entry was posted in Fan Origin. Bookmark the permalink.

339 Responses to How It All Began

Great story Son!
    “The years are piling up now and we’ve all witnessed the frustration of the last many years but I believe better times lay ahead and we are headed right for them. I have a lifetime invested in this team and the best parts were as a wide eyed little kid, it was wonderful. I’m a diehard, I’m a believer!”

My favorite part, I am right there with ya!

2. Try Pod says:

Son of a Son of a Shula,
    Excellent. Better times are indeed ahead; it is virtually impossible for it to get worse than it has been over the last decade+. I must admit I have a sense of optimism I have not felt since the beginning of the short-lived “Saban Era”.
    Thank you for sharing your story. Btw- do you have grandchildren you have stated down the path of aqua and orange?

3. jetsssuck says:

good interesting story.

Thanks for sharing Son.

5. Al in MIA says:

Nice story.
    Hopefully it (Fins title) comes full circle soon.
    Most of you have seen the best years; while the best Fins teams I have seen usually were losing to the Buffalo Bills 😦

6. Al in MIA says:

For what it is worth, I had more faith when Parcells first arrived than Saban. I always had my doubts about whether Saban’s style could work in the NFL. I liked Jimmy Johnson as well but the timing was not good with him.

Good stuff, Son. When Csonka, Kiick and Warfield left for the WFL, I was still too young to understand why and I almost stopped being a Dolphin fan because I was mad the Dolphins weren’t keeping them. LOL

8. dbolt48 says:

Nice story Son!

So what’s the deal with the curious case of Charles Clay?

• dbolt48 says:

Probably every team has limited years & guaranteed $. They also probably have an easy buyout each year in case of injury based on his history & his knee.

Yeah I suggested that yesterday. It makes sense.

• dbolt48 says:

Yep everyone is doing what they’re supposed to….protect their best interest. I love the idea of C&C TD factory on the field at the same time, but Clay has to do what’s best for him because he will not get another big cash in opportunity.

I met someone the other day who’s name is :
    La-a
    pronounced Ladasha

She was pissed because upon seeing her name written as above I had no idea what her name was. She was like well there is a dash there just say dash. Oh, I said, as I asked her if she says period or question mark after every sentence.
    I proceeded to go all Victor Borge on her…

Thanks guys.
    Try, no grandkids but my oldest daughter is getting married in May so they may happen soon. And when they do I will be sure to make them Dolphins and subvert their Buc fan father.

Really enjoyed reading your story Son. Very well written, with far more detail than I could ever remember. Great job.

Well done Son, and real well and engagingly written. And at about the same time 20 minutes down I-95, another boy had his first taste of the orange and teal koolaid as well.

Tim — last night you said Cameron was the new Keller. If that is so I’m excited. I loved what Keller did to this offense before he went down. It was a whole new dimension.

Stanger

Cameron is a very good receiving TE, he has good speed (sub 4.6), and he moves very well, like a WR. Very explosive with good body control and good hands. If he can stay healthy, he’s what I think a lot of us have been looking for, that legit seam threat and redzone target.

I would love to see him and Clay on the field at the same time. Keep LBs on the field and beat them all day.

I think it probably happens. I don’t believe that report that we got tired. What do we care how long it takes? We have 3 TE’s, there’s no rush. I think we’d be happy to have him, unless his offer from BUF is just too much, which is possible, but it hasn’t happened yet, so no reason to worry about it.

All comes down to money, as usghe. Even the transition tag on Clay was $7 mil…….the tradeoff is a pretty accomplished wideout.

And Clay was neither of those, much as I like what he could do. But last year we had no one standing with the big uglies who could hit the seam, and that includes our RBs. And if he’s a red zone threat as well……add in another thing we didn’t have.

16. jahndoh says:

Very cool story Son! Thanks for sharing!

Wheeler looks like he may need Tommy John surgery. That HURTS!!! Get one guy back, lose another. Good thing they didn’t trade Dillon Gee

Stanger

There are definitely some vet receivers who we might look at if Clay doesn’t sign with us. Cecil Shorts, but he’s more of a slot receiver, and we kinda have 2 in Landry and Stills. Robert Meachem 6’2″ 210 (30 years old), Hakeem Nicks is another bigger receiver, 6’1″ 212. Possible we sign another vet and then get that stud in the draft.

Reggie Wayne and Dwayne Bowe are out there too.

I could easily see bringing in a savvy vet to be both the leader of the wideouts (we don’t have one) and be Mr Miyagi for Stills, Landry and whoever we draft.

I didn’t see Stills play in the slot much from what I remember watching the Saints.
      We do have Matthews who we have in the slot quite a bit.

Dwayne Bowe is understood to be locked in a closet in Cleveland with a pen and a contract and won’t be let out until he signs:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 13h 13 hours ago
    No resolution tonight RT @PFCentral: The Cleveland Browns have locked Dwayne Bowe in a closet with a contract and a pen

Yeah I think I remember Stills playing outside and also running deep routes.

Really awesome story Son. I could feel the magic in your story. I really hope the magic is coming back again.

Son

He’s both in the slot and outside in this video

Yeah I’ve seen this video and he’s on the outside a lot so I don’t think considering him a slot receiver is accurate. He can line up anywhere is more like it.

I missed any slot highlights in there then, it looks like he’s outside on every highlight.

I don’t think Landry needs a vet to push him, Matthews is entering his 4th year and Stills his 3rd. Not sure a vet WR to lead the young guys is a big deal. I think we should just focus on talent if we bring one in.

• New Age says:

That’s how I feel. We don’t need an older guy telling them how to be pros. We need top talent and let them just catch the ball.

It’s not a huge deal, but it couldn’t hurt. Plus if we draft a rook, having a polished vet as part of the quartet would make sense. And I think this O needs four solid, particularly in case of an injury.

Last year, Brandin Cooks was on the outside, and Stills was the slot. I think the previous year, Meachem was on the outside and Stills was the slot. He did line up outside as well both years though.

25. Al in MIA says:

GDP,

I’m currently going through the LB pool, enjoying the value prospects :).

Jordan Hicks (Texas), Jake Ryan (Michigan), Mike Hull (Penn State) among others.

C.J. Olaniyan (Penn State), Max Valles (Virginia) and others intrigue.

I need more info on Nevada LB Brock Hekking…what you got on him (or anyone else you want to chime in on in this position group?)

Looking at the moves we made in FA I do think we upgraded but we still need to address some of the same positions we had to before FA – OL, WR, LB and DB. But we upgraded at DT with Suh, upgraded at TE with Cameron with what he can bring to the table, upgraded at nickel with McCain, and I think Stills is close enough to Wallace to almost make that a wash. But clearing a lot of the contracts that didn’t match the performance were big accomplishments.

27. Al in MIA says:

Landry is nice but in football the receiver skills needed to run X Y & Z are different.
    Asking Landry to be an X is like asking Lamar Miller to be a FB.
    I don’t think Landry can ever be a good X.
    X must be able to play the corner off the line and generally burn the corner 1 on 1 over the top or else he is just a slot receiver.
    Y usually gets to play off the ball and can get away with being a bit more finesse. Still speed related and should be able to put pressure on the safety over the top.

Landry made some plays outside last year but I think he’ll make his living in the slot. He’s also the type of guy who will work to improve his overall game.

• jahndoh says:

I think Landry would make an excellent X receiver. I thought it’s already been reported that they intend to move him out to the edge in 2015? This is a typical progression….but it’s not worth laboring too much over as Lazor frequently flips his formations and the X becomes the Z and vice versa. Also, everyone took reps in the slot last season, although Wallace’s reps were far and few between because he doesn’t like running in traffic. It smears his makeup too much.

Could be, (if the reports are wrong about Landry moving outside) they intend to make Stills their X and Matthews their Z, which would leave Landry in the slot…and would also work IMHO.

28. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    I like Stills, wanted him in the draft but also you also cant take Stills numbers at face value considering Brees was his passer. Same for Wallace who took passes from Ben. Yes, the WR did help produce the numbers in question but in a classic chicken or egg approach, which comes first? I’d tend to say the HOFers (Rothelisberger & Brees).

I do agree with that

They still had to run the routes and make the catches. Brees had nothing to do with Stills fighting through the corner to get the under thrown ball so you have to give props where props are due. There’s some good video out there showing nice skill and effort by Stills.

• jahndoh says:

Brees and the Saints spread the ball around as well as any QB/team in the league. If anything the fact he had Brees as a QB tells me his numbers were artificially low since there were so many mouths to feed.

• dbolt48 says:

Not just the passer, but the fact you had Jimmy, Marquees, and Cooks to go with Stills. All 4 of those guys were options to go over the top of the defense and forced defenses to play more honest. This is why I’m still in favor of a 1st round WR and signing like Hakeem Nicks. The things both Brees and Ben had to work with in their passing offenses are an abundance of targets to keep a defense honest over the top. With and without Wallace we didn’t have that. It limited Wallace and made easier to control him deep.

Now Miami Cameron and Stills which are two legit threats to go over top of the defense, but we still need more.

dbolt — I don’t think going over the top is the big need for this O. Part of why Wallace never made sense for me. The quality of player yes, but not the type of player he is. Think all you need to do is present the threat so that on any given play anybody could do it.

Stanger,
        I agree, but what I’m saying is the Saints threats all across the board forced teams to play more honestly because if they didn’t anyone of those offensive options was a threat to go 60+yds for a score.

Something I didn’t know from a Bills reporter:

“To start the new year in the National Football League, the Bills flew down to Florida on a private jet and picked up Charles Clay to bring him back for a visit in Orchard Park. ”

Why the frick didn’t they just send the plane for him? Best I can figure the plane was like Dwayne Bowe’s closet…….he couldn’t get out.

But Clay still left without a signed offer sheet. Maybe seeing Buffalo was a cold does of reality.

Busy Piggy on the run today
    Son
    I have not read your piece yet
    when I have a moment – I will

31. Al in MIA says:

Considering the attitude situation and pure cap cost for his production, I guess moving Wallace was inevitable. Stills isn’t as accomplished but I think he is a more physical WR and can do more underneath while still having the wheels to burn a corner over the top. Stills does have more of an injury risk than Wallace.
    Cameron is a huge injury risk but the Dolphins are risking nothing financially so it’s nothing but upside. Having said that, as to making him a reliable part of the offense? Yes, it’s nice but he may disappear at anytime. Concussions are a big deal and he’s had multiple already. Lynch coming back gives me comfort at the position (even if Mike E hates him lol, j/k). I think the Fins still draft another or bring in some NFL vet to compete.

32. Al in MIA says:

Sure Stills had to do some work, but touch and ball placement is everything for a QB.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeney

Jahn

Wallace played every game every season. You’re just looking for stuff with Wallace now. I expect better from you.

He finished his last season in PIT on IR.

• dbolt48 says:

What Jahn is talking about is missing big portions of training camp each year he was here and lots of practice time during the season. Groin, hamstring, and ankle injuries I believe.

Al, Stills missed one game in his career. We all know about Cameron and concussions so we’ll see.

I think I had Still as a top 10 WR draft prospect in 2013
    I know I didn;t have him top 7 – he was no samurai
    but he was close

I always liked his talent

but I think a 3rd and a player (even though we were dumping salary) was a bit too much
    If we would have got more for wallace it wouldn;t bother me so much

buit giving up a 3rd and a player for Stills
    and then giving up wallace and a 7th for a 5th
    doesn;t seem like great trade value for me

Even with the salary dump component

Why is an unknown 3rd for a proven WR too much? You also know that was part of the deal to take on Ellerbe. No 3rd and the deal doesn’t go down.

We never used draft picks to get Wallace so he was always about money. Not sure why you keep harping on the trade value when you know why it went down the way it did. There was never going to be great trade value and he was never going to play in Miami again. Would you rather we had cut him and get nothing?

If you can call Stills proven
        you can efiantely call wallace proven don’t you think

I think most people think wallace is worth more than Stills

I like Stills –

but things like this matter when you are evaluating the job people are doing
        Lets not pretend it was an ideal situation with ideal results
        its just not

Pig — getting rid of Wallace was a firesale. Made no sense versus the cap. Think the Jets game was a “Vontae” moment for Philbin. And I can’t judge cause I only know what I saw on the field.

None of that changes whether its good value or not

• jahndoh says:

It freed up more than half the money it’ll take to sign the entire rookie class. It wasn’t a firesale so much as dumping a big player and bad team mate and getting an actual financial benefit from it to boot.

Pig — you are 100% right. It was not good value for the player and what he can do. Exactly what I think as well.

Jahn — for sure it gets us our rookies signings, but we are also talking about a guy who drew doubles and could have kept on the field this year for something in the three million range versus the cap.

• jahndoh says:

The player was a horrible team mate. That factors into his value.

Part of why I talked about the “Vontae” moment above. What I don’t know is whether things could have been made right, which means what an A-hole Wallace is or is not.

37. Al in MIA says:

Either way, nobody liked Wallace’s salary (not me since day 1). The chemistry never developed like it was planned on paper (part of it from Wallace, other part from Tannehill) and I’m glad to have gotten Stills independent of Wallace’s situation. I think Wallace will do better in Minnesota.

Oink and Agreed on all points

but expect hell to break out here and every other Dolphin forum when Wallace puts up numbers next season

It will be fun watching people recap why they didn’t understand the trade when it happened. LOL

• jahndoh says:

When did Tannehill refuse to work with Wallace or miss practice time?????

38. Al in MIA says:

Yea, after 15 weeks of playing (Wallace). Wallace has only missed 1 or 2 regular season games in his career.

That isn’t every game now is it? LOL

• Al in MIA says:

Who said anything about ‘every game’?
        I’d take 1 or 2 games missed over 5 years from any player.

• jahndoh says:

Does the game he pulled himself from at the most critical juncture count to his credit?

it’s a pattern that all kinds of people here were complaining about as far back as 2 offseasons ago. He never worked with Tannehill to get the timing down, then complained when the timing wasn’t right. Always about a hamstring. 2 years of hamstring complaints. Watch this offseason. He’ll have a hamstring issue that keeps him from participating at some point this preseason.

39. Al in MIA says:

Dbolt,
    Practice is overrated.
    Odell-Beckham didn’t take any passes from Manning at game speed for months and scored a TD in his first game.

• dbolt48 says:

Different animal with OB. Even injured he’s noted as a tireless worker and film junkie like Landry. His game is athleticism & precision. Wallaces is all speed….hyper speed that is.

40. dbolt48 says:

The weird thing about Stills is how he became a much better WR catching on contact than what he was at OU. I lost interest in him as a draft pick when he would make a spectacular play then go all Chris Chambers the next couple of plays. He really improved his focus since coming into the league & he deserves a lot of credit for that.

• Al in MIA says:

The first year stuff (NFL wise) was speed/skill adjustments. I think he showed enough to be drafted higher but some injury before the draft (questions about durability at the next level) dropped him on some boards i guess.

• dbolt48 says:

The drops and inconsisties were what I saw of him at OU during his time there, but I am amazed at just how he flipped it. I guess the other thing I didn’t account for him at OU was his age and the fact he was still developing on the consistency aspect of his game.

41. jahndoh says:

Dbolt gets me.

Mike, to be honest, there’s no need for me to look for stuff with Wallace, he’s gone. I was making an observation. You know how you know about Cameron Jordan’s concussions? I had Wallace in FF 2 years in a row. He was on the injury list frequently with a hamstring, and his whole excuse for not working on his timing EVER with Tannehill, offseason or pre-season, was always a hamstring.

But saying someone is injured implies that he can’t stay on the field, and Wallace played every game except 1 in 4 years with PIT, and played every game, except the last one 😛 here in MIA

• jahndoh says:

I wasn’t making any implications. You read that into my post. Injured is injured. If it affects practice time, it affects the product on the field. He missed a shit ton of practice due to his “hamstring” and I use quotes for a reason because I think he’s an excuse maker and finger pointer, not to mention a horrible team mate.

Al, Mike E said Wallace played in every game. Nanny nanny poo poo!!!!

43. jahndoh says:

Al,
    Beckam is a special player. You think he wouldn’t have been practicing if he was healthy? I can’t take you seriously with this: “Practice is overrated.”

Like hell it is. I wouldn’t want anyone on the fins who has that attitude.

15m
    Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Re: Tannehill’s WRs didn’t like him last year. Jarvis Landry liked him. Just sayin’

Where do these guys get this shit?

• New Age says:

Is he jealous of Omar’s twitter crowd? Saying the same garbage and even adding the just sayin’ crap? We need new beat reporters for the Phins. Just sayin’

• jahndoh says:

That may have been a jab at Omar. The “Re:” topic was obviously brought up by someone else. I don’t follow Omar on twitter, but Abramson may have been responding to something Omar said, and that sounds like something Omar would say.

• New Age says:

I hope so lol. Would raise my opinion of him somewhat.

• dbolt48 says:

There was a lot of jealousy in that WR room. Those Vets were sore with the fact Landry became the lead dog on that O. You had Gibson who was replaced by Landry and his puppet master. You know Hartline was frustrated, but he honestly struggled to gain seperation this year. Hazel appears to be a nimrod lap dog based on his Twitter actions. Matthews seems like the guy who was torn between doing the right thing or being a follower. Based on his recent social commentaries and actions I think he’s pulling away from the clique and is focused on doing his job.

45. dbolt48 says:

I fully expect Wallace to have a nice year next season. He is going to a team that can effectively run the play action game really well. Nirvana will use Wallace similar to Harper.

Piggy, you’re going around in circles about the trades. I never said Wallace wasn’t proven. You know what these trades were about. You just like draft picks so you can add more players to your mocks. LOL

• New Age says:

Lol, even though I’m the same way. Draft picks are sacred to me. Put me in the Ted Thompson group even though I know why we did these trades.

Look at it this way though, we never used a draft pick to get Wallace, we basically just reversed the clock like the signing never happened and turned a 7th into a 5th.

The 3rd we gave up for Still was to get rid of the Ellerbe deal and land Wallace’s replacement. I’ll take a 22 year old speed WR who has proven himself in the NFL for a 3rd every time.

• jahndoh says:

LOL…

Wallace was going away. Getting anything for that malcontent was a godsend. In the military when you quit on your team you go to prison. When you do it when the bullets are flying, you could end up in front of a firing squad.

Piggy,
    Tim’s just happy because the extra 5th from Wallace gives us another chance to draft Varga. 😉

48. dbolt48 says:

jahndoh says:
    March 16, 2015 at 1:24 pm
    This correct Jahn. I guess Omar claimed that the team got rid of all the WEs who didn’t like Tannehill except Rishard Matthews. That was Andrews response.

I’m not sure we even draft a RB.

LOL @ New Age!

Wait, so all the time P Manning puts into working with his receivers to perfect the timing is for naught? Does he just do it to kill time between Papa Johns commercials?

52. Try Pod says:

I am not for paying college athletes, but I am aware of the contradictions the NCAA allows. Plus, this is funny:

We don’t have to draft a RB. We could go the UDFA route again, it depends on if there’s a player they’d prefer to bring in without taking a chance that they get picked up by another team, so you spend a 6th RD pick. Better than trading up and spending 3 picks on a less than average RB

No laments about dumping Wallace or what we got for him in return. His cap number made it very difficult to trade him. It significantly reduced his trade value. But we got something back for him and created some cap space this year. We also created significant cap space for next year when Suh’s cap number will be much bigger than this year’s. If we didn’t get Stills I would be probably be bitching about it but adding a young ascending player on his rookie contract while dumping Wallace’s cap liability along with his quitting attitude is a win-win as far as I am concerned.

Biggest thing to me about losing the 3rd is the fact that the more picks you have the deeper your draft strategy can be. We now have to take a guy int he second, even if we have a 3rd round grade on him because we dont have a 3rd, or we have to take someone we had a better grade on and miss out on someone we really could use. In this case i think it means we dont get WR, ILB, and OL out of the first three we have to drop one of those and it will be hard to give up one of those in lieu of waiting until the 4th to fill that spot, which of course pushes other positions back as well. In general im not a lose picks person, but the argument about Stills being worth anyone we would have selected in the 3rd is valid and though arguments can be made someone like Dorsett, or Hardy, or Devin Smith, etc. These guys all have talent, but they are also not proven in the NFL, and it does say a lot when you have a guy who’s game has been tested at NFL level and proven transition. Again, very conflicted, like the Still pickup, dont like losing the pick, but its what we had to offer to seal the deal so i guess no reason to cry over it..

I want us to take Parker but if we miss on him i definitely want us to add Hardy or Diggs. To me either of these guys adds a gutsy player, who go all out. Hardy is surprisingly good at getting open and even though not the biggest guy would be a good RZ receiver. We can always add Waller if we want a bigger guy and haven’t gotten him in rounds 1 or 2.

Wheeler tears elbow….suck for you masochists

Ahhh the tweet was in response to Omar saying the WR’s didn’t like Tannehill on a radio show.

Well the NEW WR’s & TE’s like him. Cameron is quoted saying Tannehill is one of the reasons he chose to come here. I guess when your other option is DRAFT BUST Johnney aerobics instructor……

D

That’s crushing news about Wheeler. I’m extremely disappointed. The one thing the Mets had was potentially dominant starting pitching 1-5, or maybe even 1-6. Now that took a HUGE hit. I’m guessing either Syndergaard or Matz might be given the chance to make the rotation now, but Wheeler was established already, and it sucks big time.

I don’t know a lot about Matz.

Hard throwing lefty pitcher. I don’t know that much about him either, he hasn’t pitched past AA yet, but he’s expected to fly through that to AAA, and may possibly be in the running for a job in the big leagues, depending on how he does, Bartolo Colon and Dillon Gee do. If those guys on the back end falter, we may see some earlier than expected call ups.

OK, so I get it now. Wallace was always injured February through July.

I’m surviving Stanger. Had a bad night / morning (emotionally) my sister-in-law called me yesterday to say good bye and tell me how sorry everyone in the family is that my wife is so stupid (her words) I was nice and talked with her for a while, but it dragged up feelings I thought I was starting to get past / blocked. SHE is partying at a coasta rica resort this week and has been posting pics of herself with other guys on her Facebook page. He lil sis said the whole family is ready to disown her over it and would rather keep me in the divorce.

As you now….been there. Her family didn’t think she was making the smartest move either. My ex-brother-in-law is a real good guy. Still talk to him ever two or three months, but I wait will my wife is out somewhere (anything to do with the ex gets her going……and she’s met him). But that’s a stage down the road. When you are ready to talk internet dating……….I’m your man.

Sucks man, im sorry to hear your having to go through that. Never had that experience with a wife but i had an experience with an ex gf that was nothing short of torturous. Just keep reminding yourself, if this is what she is willing to do to you, this is not a person you could have anything with. Again, sorry to hear about it man that sucks.

Where is Johnny’s defender today? LOL

Rock

That sucks, but you can’t control what she does. Try your best to ignore it, and worry about yourself. Find things that interest you, and push yourself a little to do them.

I don’t facebook so I didn’t even know until her little sister told me about it and how her family is sick over it. I guess they have all been vocal about it to the point she doesn’t talk to them anymore. (Used to talk to her sister every day, and haven’t spoken in 3 weeks. )

As upset as they are, maybe it’s in your best interests for them to NOT tell you about those things. All it’s going to do is upset, so maybe they should leave that stuff out.

Matz was born in Stony Brook Lawn-GUY-land. lol

I know a few places where i have read that guys who was in some sorta wierd limbo this FA, where he wasn’t one of the top names but significantly better than a lot of guys who inked deals first. Lot of people said they were fairly suprised he was still on the market. That will be a good pairing for them with Haden.

The eagles are working out Tim Tebow

The thought of the women I still love being a WHORE with strangers at a vacation resort is just eating at me. I. Know indeed to move on and thought I was starting down that path, but….

Need not indeed

Keep your chin up Rock

Let it go Rock. Best thing you can do is find the next one. And based on my experience, best move is to find someone(s) that you hang with…..if you get what I mean……until you are ready to look for the true “next one.”

Not sure if that made total sense, but key thing is realize she is the past and get laid. 🙂

Most people who act like that are emotionally fucked up, so i mean i know it doesnt help any but she probably just trying to fill a void with something shallow and easily attainable. I hate it for ya man, again, i truly empathise, because i have been through something similar, just without the marriage attachment.

• Al in MIA says:

Too early to move on bro. Riding out the emotions I wish was an easy process but seems to be a function of time. I wasn’t married but was with my last ex for 7 years. I remember seeing her taking shots at me on her FB & Instagram pages by posting internet meme quotations that were about women crapping about men (mostly relationship stuff). People act out in all kinds of wierd ways.. Yes its disappointing when they want to put it out there because they are insecure and don’t express themselves in a mature manner but it happens i guess (and sucks majorly i know).
      I talked to her family for a bit and they were kinda disappointed too as well but you know when i spoke to them at any time after and heard her mom talk about my ex I said politely “I don’t really want to hear about her, i just want to see how you and so and so were doing”

Rock that sucks. I hope you meet someone someday that makes you forget all about it. Stanger just said when you’re ready to date, he’s your man, so if you’re looking to switch teams, you already have a date. LOL

I said all the right things to her sister, Ie that she needs to support her and be there for her because she needs her family and that us splitting should never come between the but her sister was like yeah fuck that she’s a bitch and should be ashamed.

Yeah it does look like Stanger was proposition you, wait till the wife out and you guys can meet up on the internet and date…..next thing ya know he will offer you texting code language so you can keep things on the sly.

Browns signed Randy Starks

74. jahndoh says:

“Rockphin says:
    March 16, 2015 at 2:49 pm
    Where is Johnny’s defender today? LOL

Maybe he doesn’t give a fuck if he was wrong on a prospect and is enjoying what HIS team is doing this offseason instead of worrying about Johnny Manziel?

FWIW, I think you’re declaring him a bust too soon, but I care so little I’m only saying it now because you clearly called me out.

LOL there you are. I was playing with you. I never thought he would amount to anything in the NFL and so far have been more right than not. Either way I am not trying to start shit with you. Just messing around. Most of my dislike for him was due to the over hype of the media. “Tim Tebow syndrome”

***
    I can’t believe people do this to Dolphin players

Lol you should see some of the comments on their twitter feed every time they post anything… Almsot every post has at least one person slobbin their knob.. either fluffin their ego, or just slamming them. If i were a pro athlete id stay the fuck away from twitter.

I am not ready. I have been going out every day / night SOMEWHERE just to not be alone and I have not even SEEN a women that got me interested in talking to them. And I know from past experience that just because I AM interested doesn’t mean they are. LOL “walk awaaaaaayyy”

Shit or get off the pot Bills…..Clay needs to come home

D says:
    March 16, 2015 at 3:13 pm
    Is her sister decent looking because i have a revenge play for you to consider if interested…. lol
    her sister is 14 years younger than her an HOT. By far the prettiest of the siblings. But way too high maintenance and THAT would be a turrible idea. LOL just turrible.

What’s going on with Johnny Clipboard?

Good for Starks, I wish him well.

• dbolt48 says:

Now he gets s free proctology exam 2xs a year when he plays the Steelers and Cody Wallace. The health plan is what sold Randy on Cleveland.

81. jahndoh says:

“Mike E. says:
    March 16, 2015 at 2:47 pm
    OK, so I get it now. Wallace was always injured February through July.”

I don’t think you do. But I’m not going to get involved any further. I think he’s shithead of a human being and even a worse teammate. You cast your lot with that dude, I’ll stick with the hard workers who put team above self.

I was bothered by him not showing up for off-season stuff, btu ya know some people are not personable, and they just dont get into that sorts thing. I cut him some slack for it, hoping it was the latter but everything still indicated it wasn’t and he just didn’t want to bother. He started bitching about how he was used and how often he got the ball almost immediately, and it bothered me to hear about it but mead i often over blows things, so i was hoping it was just him wanting to do more and the media twisted the stories, but then it continued and amplified the next year, and culminated in a childish walk off move that sealed the deal for me.

He needed to go, he wasn’t a team first person, and nothing about how he acted sounded anything like it wouldn’t just be another year of that shit. We got something for him which was more than i expected, so i see it as a win for us, despite what he COULD HAVE been, im more focused on what he was.

Happy to move on and i dont care if he puts up 1500 yards and a 12TDs for Minny…he wasn’t doing that here.

Former #Falcons guard Justin Blalock, who visited the #Lions last week, recently checked in with the #Titans. No word yet on his next move
    0 retweets 0 favorites

One of the better OG FA’s still out there.

Oh damn what did I start? LOL
    Stop ganging up on Jahn.

84. jahndoh says:

It’s all good Rock. I probably deserve a little shit over that. A lot has gone down since you last saw me defending him..but than again, I never defended his personality, I just thought he was an electric football player. If he can’t get out of his own way enough to excel in football, Meh, fuck ’em. 🙂

85. Al in MIA says:

Pro Day Update via Walterfootball.com
    Toledo
    Results have been coming in from Toledo. …

Linebacker Junior Sylvestre, who will be in a camp this summer, completed 26 reps on the bench and ran the forty in a time around 4.5 flat, with some stopwatches reading under 4.50. Sylvestre met with the Philadelphia Eagles, who sent their linebacker coach to the workout, and also had sit-downs with the Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears and San Diego Chargers.

—-
    Needs to gain about 15 lbs but boy, SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED KILLS!

86. Al in MIA says:

Hopefully the therapist told him that it could lead to early arthritis, lol.

87. Al in MIA says:

Any world on what’s happening with Daryn Colledge?
    Most of the problems for him in Miami started after his apparent concussion. He had issues ever since and admitted to them. I keep wondering if the Fins will re-sign him.

They probably keeping that in their back pocket and once everything settles if they dont have a better option use it as a fallback.

• dbolt48 says:

It’s one of those times I think a player should hang them up. The moments when he would randomly fall down when he went to block someone were really bad/concerning last year. He could cause permanent damage to himself or another teammate if he steps into the field.

About Wallace from a reply to Jahn above.

D says:
    March 16, 2015 at 3:35 pm

89. Al in MIA says:

Anyone else feeling Ohio State’s Curtis Grant as a late RD flyer for LB?

• dbolt48 says:

I’m really all in on Hull right now. That’s the LB on want on this team.

• Al in MIA says:

I like Hull alot too. Same with Jake from Michigan. In fact, there’s alot of LB love for me this draft. The other PSU LB intrigues as well.

Just thought about this, Browns are in same division as Steelers right, so not twice a year Starks might get violated by that dude how tried to fist him in the middle of the game. Poor Starks, that was a horrible signing place for sphincter integrity.

See my earlier post😂

dbolt48 says:
      March 16, 2015 at 3:30 pm

91. Al in MIA says:

D says:
    March 16, 2015 at 3:37 pm

McKinney is 6’5 255 and runs a 4.5…..
    ——
    Which McKinney? Benardrick who ran a 4.66 at the combine?

My flight is boarding. Blog time over. Might jump back on tonight.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts / advice guys. Nogtih all

• Al in MIA says:

We are always here for ya Rock..>Cheers! Enjoy the rest of your day. Just work out like crazy to de-stress 🙂

93. dbolt48 says:

@God_Son80: This is my time and I won’t waste it listening to what you got to say… #Recognize

There’s a reason he’s the top dog in our WR room.

“I have not even SEEN a women that got me interested in talking to them. And I know from past experience that just because I AM interested doesn’t mean they are. LOL “walk awaaaaaayyy”
    ————–
    Rock — one thing you have to realize is that a guy just out of a marriage is the biggest red flag you can offer. They ain’t themselves and the women know that. Plus there is no way to possibly avoid the subject. Find yourselves some woman who just wants to have fun and ain’t looking for the end-all-be all. A 26-year-old from the Ukraine helped me threw the after time. Never would have married her, but she knew that……..so no guilt involved.

95. Al in MIA says:

Dbolt,
    You got anything on Nevada LB Brock Hekking? :/
    Also, yay or nae regarding Jordan Hicks?

• dbolt48 says:

Nothing on the kid from Nevada. Yay on Hicks. I think Hicks is a very good LB, but not sure if he’s pure OLB or if he can kick to the Mike. Good player either way and a good STs prospect.

96. Al in MIA says:

Stanger,
    It’s hard even if you screw around because you can’t help to start comparing situations with ex. Empty feelings remain even if you do screw around with some random woman (at least that was my experience).
    I have always liked working out but never really focused on it the way I did until I after I was single again. I made sure to push it hard for 2 hours which would definitely made me feel good and exhausted at the same time.

Al — I was a mess after divorce. All I can tell you is being with a woman after was better than being without during the “recovery” time. Met a lot of women who were at first interested but after the situation came out wouldn’t touch me with a ten-foot pole. Looking back, those were the ones that might have been the ultimate ones……cause they were that smart.

But having a chick to hang out with is a good thing. Makes you feel better.

97. dbolt48 says:

The thing about Hull is he is the same player cutout as Borland and ZT, but blessed with better athletic ability. He is going to be really good….unless he blows out both knees and ankles.

98. Al in MIA says:

Dbolt,
    Have you focused on film for Michigan LB Jake Ryan? He looks very instinctive as well.

99. Al in MIA says:

Also, how come nobody in here is pumping up Stephone Anthony?

100. Al in MIA says:

Does FU mob have a consensus on a FS target in this draft?

Gerold Holliman?

What do you Pensy guys think of Adrian Amos as a value play?

Also, anyone else feeling Minny’s Cedric Thompson as a last day option?

I like Jaquiski Tartt and Cody Prewitt best. Later round id really like to take a shot at getting Nick Marshall and playing him at safety as well. His coverage skills are ok if he isnt playing man, so think he would be a decent dev project. I do think you cant focus on FS and ballhawk aspects as we play hybrid safeties, not your normal one int he box one deep formations. Im looking for best hybrid skills and to me Prewitt is best. If you look at video of Tartt though you realize he plays all out and i like the idea of guys who play with that energy. His coverage skills are ok, but he hits like crazy.

Give me Adrian Amos PSU!

101. Al in MIA says:

Stanger,
    I hear ya, but maybe it’s one of those things that people cope in different ways. You are right, emotionally, having a regular will divert emotions a bit (the physical play on emotions). One must find a routine that helps them cope…regular time with a friend who can be there, or a sexual partner perhaps, or anything such as fishing (if that’s your thing) or any other hobby (for me it was working out when I wasn’t working).

Al — not saying I know what is right for him, but I do know what I went through. And if anything, my time for the practice for the next stuff was down the road from where he is.

But for sure…..different folks and different right ways.

Round 1 Pick 14: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (C)
    Round 4 Pick 15: D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida (A)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (A)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: James Sample, SS, Louisville (C+)

Al

I do like Stephone Anthony, and I tend to think he’s the more realistic target at MLB. If we don’t take Kendricks at 14, and I wouldn’t, Anthony is a better bet in the 3rd RD. I also really like Holliman, despite his 4.61 at his pro day, and the fact that he’s not the best tackler. I’d love to try and fix his tackling, and I’m not worried about his speed.

Cept we dont have a 3rd roud pick.

Er, yep. That’s a bit of a problem. He’s there in that First Pick game in the 4th, but I don’t think he’ll be there for real. In the 2nd RD you have Anthony and Perryman who will be available, and then later on in the 4th and later I think Hull, Wilson, Heeney and a few other guys, but I’d prefer Anthony or Perryman.

104. dbolt48 says:

Al,
    In all honesty Amos tops my FS list.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago

Raiders cut QB Matt Schaub http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Juh

Philadelphia Eagles ‏@eaglesbuzztap 6m6 minutes ago

http://bleedinggreennation.com >> Matt Barkley Trade Rumors: Eagles quarterback available for late round pick http://buzztap.com/-apQUA7
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    ———————————-
    I remember the days when Dolphin fans were goo goo over Barkley. Every thought he would be our pick with 8th overall, but then he went back to school.

Eagles bring in Tim Tebow then start offering up Matt Barkley….hmmm

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Eagles are “not planning to sign” free agent Tim Tebow after working him out on Monday.
        It’s possible the Eagles were just doing Tebow and/or his agent a favor by putting him back on the NFL’s radar. The odds remain long that Tebow will resurface on an NFL roster this season, or at any point in the future.

D, now I did read where Eagles are offering Matt Barkley up for a late round pick.
        Word is Omar is trying to purchase the Phins 7th round pick so he can get him. 😉

Oh shit im being moderated again!

Best of Luck Randy Starks, thanks for your 75% services. 😉
    Seems a reunion of Phin casts offs in Cleveland. Can’t wait to raze my Browns buddies more than I normally do….lol

Mike E, I think LB Anthony goes by late 2nd round.

GDP, i know its not likely they bring in Tebow, it was just funny that the coincidence of the Tebow visit coincided with the rumors of the Barkley trade. As crazy as some of Kelley’s moves have been though its hard not to put anything out of consideration with him.

D, they did workout Tebow, he’s badly wanting to resume his career, guess the TV booth bores him…lol
    Barkley couldn’t even beat out C. J. Kinne.

Btw, I saw the Raiders released Matt Schaub, wow, has he really fallen off a cliff in past 2 years.

He and Matt Flynn…..just seem to have gone from really promising to someone no one will keep on the roster. Nuts.

Wow Buffalo is really dragging out this fucking Clay offer thing. Wonder if they are waiting us out to see if we will make a move that basically makes Clay irrelevant before throwing something small at him knowing we wont match because we moved past it. IMO Clay would be best to take bird in hand with us than let Bills fucking play this game with him.

Posts are out of order, what gives Admins?

son of a son of a shula says:
    March 16, 2015 at 10:18 am
    I met someone the other day who’s name is :
    La-a
    pronounced Ladasha

I proceeded to go all Victor Borge on her…
    LMFAO! This reminds me of when I first started teaching in Baltimore. I’d mispronounce names because I ennunciated the wrong syllable, and then the kids would give me an attitude for do so. I would simply say “I apologize in advance if I mispronounce your name, but there’s no reason to give me an attitude about it if I do so. Just correct me politely”. What I wanted to say was “Don’t give me an attitude, blame your mother for your ridiculous name!”

son of a son of a shula says:
    March 16, 2015 at 10:18 am
    I met someone the other day who’s name is :
    La-a
    pronounced Ladasha

you should have just told her, ‘that is why i asked. i was about to call you la negative a’

you could have asked her. so do your friends do like all friends and make up nick names. do they call you neg a

NFL.com has the top three ranked players in the draft now as Winston, Williams, and Fowler.

Great job with the article Son.

Changed your avie. I miss seeing your pretty face next to your Dad.
      What is your new avie?

• herdfan says:

Awww thanks, it had been a couple of months since he’s been gone and thought maybe I should change it. I miss seeing him too. 🙂

This one is my dolphins beach towel on the back of a boat at Smith Mountain Lake in Va.

Interesting perspective from at least one person in the locker room.
    —————————-
    Chris McCain @DolphinEret

Stop hitting me up asking me to ask ppl to stay. If someone has the decision to stay with us and they leave then F em. #AintNoRuleToWhoopAss

I asked last week about doing a blog March Madness pool. I have to admit I have no clue how many people responded, either they want to or they don’t. Just think of me as the old lady you have to repeat things to. 🙂

Abramson is calling Billy Turner a “likely starting guard,” but also says “don’t rule out Dallas Thomas. Philbin still seems to like his potential.”

If he is right on just one of those, I’ll be a happy camper.

121. dbolt48 says:

D says:
    March 16, 2015 at 5:12 pm
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago

Raiders cut QB Matt Schaub http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Juh

Philadelphia Eagles ‏@eaglesbuzztap 6m6 minutes ago

0 retweets 0 favorites
    ———————————-
    Sorry D, but I fucking hated Barkley & always maintained Id never draft in any round. He is one of the very few players that I’ve said I wouldn’t even use a 7th on him.

I never liked Barkley even when we were still desperately needing to draft a QB in 2012 and he was a hot name then, but stayed in school..

Research Report: WR Kenny Stills

Sean Kelley, a radio broadcaster for the New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Pelicans, joins The Finsiders to share his perspective on Kenny Stills, the young wide receiver that the Dolphins traded for on Friday.
    Hear Kelley speak about Stills’ good hands and well-rounded set of skills.
    oak.ctx.ly/r/2n1jp

Brian in NY says:
    March 16, 2015 at 7:04 pm

It’s essential that one of them starts. We can’t be in the position of having to find two starting guards this season. It’ll be another 45+ sacks on Tannehill.

pppffffttt, what the hell do you know. dont you listen to randy. it doesnt matter who the guards are it is all tanny’s footwork.

herdfan says:
    March 16, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Great job with the article Son.

i thought it rather sucked. got to admit i was a little disappointed to not hear about grandpa shula and how his chin would stick out thru the santa beard.

I feel like they were grooming Turner to start at OG in year 2

So I have him penciled in as starter

We still need a other OG

I agree but I never thought we’d target the top guard in FA. I’m sure we’ll pick one up along the way. Happens all the time late in the game of FA.

Nicely written saga Son.. ” I believe better times lay ahead and we are headed right for them” as well… As some wre debating/discussing, this years FO seems to be doing all THEY can to turn this franchise around , and not just for this year.. again, if the wheels fall off with injuries again, it cannot be said They did not put in an effort..

Trying to find “expiry date on Transition tag.. Came a cross this…

In 2011, the NFL and NFLPA ratified a new collective bargaining agreement. In this agreement, poison pill clauses were eliminated from offer sheets issued to players under the transition tag. The specific language in the CBA states:

“No Offer Sheet may contain a Principal Term that would create rights or obligations for the Old Club that differ in any way (including but not limited to the amount of compensation that would be paid, the circumstances in which compensation would be guaranteed, or the circumstances in which other contractual rights would or would not vest) from the rights or obligations that such Principal Term would create for the Club extending the Offer Sheet (i.e., no ‘poison pills’).”

Al in MIA says:
    March 16, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Thanks Al, Maybe I should try that instead of chain smoking 2 packs a day? Would certainly be better for me AND make me more appealing to the fairer sex…….Probably wont happen. 😦

• manitobafinfan says:

Hey Dont discount the Chain smoking, saves on food and promotes weight loss.. LOL … I dont want to be labelled a Quitter !! 🙂

from the NFL PA Website

The 2015 NFL salary cap is confirmed at $143.28 million.

Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, each club has the option to carry over unused cap space from the prior League Year.

Team Carryover Adjustments 2015 Salary Cap 2015 Adjusted Team Salary Cap

Dolphins $7,770,411 $1,876,526 $143,280,000 $152,926,937

Stanger & Al, you are both right in a way. In my experience (have had more than a few breakups and this is my second divorce) the “rebound” certainly had helped heal the scar over so to speak. Also have a couple of close female friend (non sexual) helped a lot. I seem to NEED that yin to my yang and after thirteen years of not pursuing or maintaining those relationships I don’t even have a clue how to. I’m don’t just mean logically, but instinctively kind of you know.

I USED to have the wrap and could talk to anyone, anywhere about anything. Right now I can’t think of anything to say. (in the moment) I have been out trying to practice my interpersonal skills, mostly on serving staff at the places I go to. It’s funny because it is part of my job as an estimator. I need to be a salesman and make the clients like me to get work, but at 5:30 that part shuts off. LOL

I was out the other night getting dinner at Alehouse and this guy at the bar was just being a COMPLETE TOOL obnoxiously hitting on every girl there with the most tired used lines that I was embarrassed and I didn’t even know the guy. But you know what? He got two phone numbers in the 1 1/2 hours I sat there. I was like REALLY? REALLY? WTF? It was amazing to see the girls who knew he was a cheeseball get worn down by his constant……..harassment is the best I could describe it.

The numbers were to a gay phone site!
      😉

I mean MAYBE the numbers were 555-1212, but they may have been the chicks real digits too.

• manitobafinfan says:

Its like the old line, you walk up to ten girls in a bar and say Ya wanna Fuck ?? you will get slapped nine times, and laid once.. Rock In no way am i suggesting you go that direction, like Tim said, you will know when you are ready when you are.. Hang in there Shit happens for a reason.. Been there lost the t-shirts and the closet… 🙂

Section14.
    Signing
    Period for
    Transition
    Players:
    (a)
    In the event that a player who is designated and tendered as a Transition Player
    has not signed a Player Contract with a club by July 22 in the League Year
    follow­ing the expiration of his last Player Contract,
    the Prior Club shall be the only Club with which the player may negotiate
    or sign a Player Contract during the period from such date until the Tuesday
    following the tenth week of the regular season,at 4:00pm New York time

If a Transition Player has not signed a player Contract by the Tuesday
    following the tenth week of the regular season, the player shall
    be prohibited from playing for the remainder of that year

(i.e., no ‘poison pills’).”

they just need to start naming these clauses “cheatriot 1.1” and so on and so on

is there another team in the league that has caused as many rule changes as the cheats

So in a nutshell Clay is ours this year until we decide he isnt…

Tool: (calls girl’s number)
    Answer: Angelino’s!!!
    Tool: What?
    Angelino’s: What can I get ya?
    Tool: Is this, Michelle?
    Angelino’s: What the fucka youa talkin abouta, pickup or delivery, what can I get ya?
    Tool: (hangs up)
    Angelino’s: Son ofa bitcha!!!

tim

it is more like this

Tool: calls number
    Angelino’s: (sees caller id) ‘dammit ffr, how many times you going to fall for the same shit’

Rockphin says:
    March 16, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Does anyone IN the league ever sit back for a moment and think about it??

aaahhhh, yeah. this tool. didnt i just ask the question. i have been saying for a while now. this the nwf. they are no better. what has the cheats done yet this off season? nothing? yet i am willing to bet as long as tammy is there, they get ther 12-14 wins and a top seed in the playoffs.

tim

‘But used-to-be’s don’t count anymore
    They just lay on the floor ’til we sweep them away’

(or in this case, tuck them away)

Have a good night Y’all..

141. Al in MIA says:

Agree GDP on Anthony. He’s currently nfldraftscout’s 46 overall rated player in the draft.

Your score is: 6039 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 17 (S.D.): DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Anthony Harris, SS/FS, Virginia (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 15: B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Jake Ryan, OLB/ILB, Michigan (B)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)

Good story Son!!!

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: La’el Collins, OT/OG, LSU (A)
    Round 2 Pick 19 (HOU): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (B)
    Round 3 Pick 18 (HOU): Damarious Randall, FS, Arizona State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (A)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Andy Gallik, C, Boston College (A)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (C-)

Wow!!!

This seems to be the beginning of a new trend. Guys saying it’s not worth it.

Wyoming, you’re the First-Pick guru man….lol

Borland & Willis retiring from the 49’ers really hurts them….wish we saved Wheeler to trade to them, and even Ellerbe, although I’m liking the Kenny Stills pickup as a result.

I hope Suh sends some Patsies into early retirement too 😉

SON-OF-A-SON: Just a terrific story!! –Sorry I’ve been unable to congratulate you earlier, but it’s been one of those days in my household.
    ————
    It’s absolutely amazing how many people who developed allegiances to pro teams in the ’70’s chose to become fans of the Miami Dolphins. -IN Florida, sports fans couldn’t get enough of them! -For most of the decade, the Fins were the ONLY pro sports franchise in the entire state!–And NONE of our colleges had won a single championship in ANY major sport! –But OUTSIDE Florida, the Dolphins also developed an impressive array of fanatic supporters. Many who became Fin fans during the ’70’s STAYED Fin Fans through the -80’s as Miami made it to Super Bowl XVII and Super Bowl XIX. During the height of Dan Marino’s career, Me and Mrs. OD witnessed the huge numbers of Dolfans who greeted the team when they played in Indy, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy and other places were we travelled to see our beloved Fins. –They were a phenomenon!
    ————
    AGAIN, nice job, SON, for bringing back the magical feeling of the glory years.

150. Try Pod says:

For you La-a fan

The Niners will clearly be in the market for a ILB this upcoming draft. A good fit for them? Everyone’s favorite 2nd round pick for us: Denzel Perryman. The Niners pick one spot ahead of us in the 2nd .

With UCLA right there they may be in play for Kendricks. He is very Borlandesque

Perryman may fall to the 3rd. He’s short at 5-11, weighed in at 236 and ran a 4.8.

Before anyone goes crazy, Zach Thomas at 5-10 225 and 4.8ish went 5th rd in 1996. 🙂

You don’t draft question marks in the 1st round or even 2nd, you take the top off the talent available and go from there.

There is always a debate that goes on with later picks. Choose football players or athletes in the later rounds?

I say do both from the 5th on. I think in the top 4 you try to scrape up the best athletes who are built to compete at their positions in the NFL.

152. Try Pod says:

East/West College Bowl – Key & Peele: https://youtu.be/gODZzSOelss

Am I wrong or do the Bills have to offer Clay a 3-year deal worth $21+M or 4 year $28+M to exceed Miami’s one year transitional tag at over $7M

I think that’s the issue with BUF taking so long. They don’t know how to do it and don’t want to. It would be done by now if it was that easy.

My guess is we’re leery of Clay’s knee issue and would prefer a 2 year deal like Jordan Cameron signed.

Clay could sign the one year transition tag and make more than twice as much money in one year in Miami than he did on his first NFL contract at about $3M over 4 years. He wins either way.

Brian & Steve…yeah I know Wheeler wasn’t a true match for 49’ers, that Borland & Willis played inside in their 3-4 scheme. Word is Mangini might switch to a 4-3, he may be forced to now…lol