Wedge Scouting Report: Marcus Peters

MarcusPeters1Wedge ID

The NFL draft is getting closer and closer.  The anticipation is driving me crazy.  When the draft gets this close, then its time!  Time for what you say?  Time to go FULL KIPER!!!

WedgeKiper

Now that I’ve transformed into a Kiper Alien let’s talk about Marcus Peters.  This defensive back is considered by most scouts to be the 2nd best cornerback available.  Peters is a 6’0, 190 pound junior from Washington.  Along with Danny Shelton and Shaq Thompson that Huskies defense was a formidable group.

MarcusPeters2

In three years at Washington, Peters had 11 interceptions proving to be quite the ball hawk.  He played a lot of zone at Washington and was even used at safety from time to time.  The versatile cornerback plays well against the run, he had over 100 tackles in his college career.

MarcusPeters3

Peters looks like a great prospect right?  Right?  Okay there is one thing.  Reportedly Peters clashed with his coaches so much at Washington in 2014, that he was dismissed from the team.   How bad was it?  The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that he tried to strangle a coach on the sideline!

Miami Dolphins v Houston Texans

Okay, so maybe Peters is not the draftee for the Dolphins.  But it is worth mentioning that a few scouts have said that reports of character concerns about Peters are greatly exaggerated.

Some scouts compare Marcus Peters to Aqib Talib, another guy with some reported off field issues.  But if I was comparing Peters to anything it would be an Alien Weapon of Death.  Earthlings, let me introduce you to the Galactic Snuggie of Death!  It covers you like a blanket but your lifeless body will still be ice cold!

SnuggieofDeath

Check out this highlight clip of Marcus Peters.  It will leave your breathless.

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

333 Responses to Wedge Scouting Report: Marcus Peters

First. Nice job Wedge!

LMAO!!! Love the pic of Philbin!

3. dbolt48 says:

Look at this LBs combine numbers:

40 YARD DASH: 4.67 SEC
    BENCH PRESS: 22 REPS
    VERTICAL JUMP: 37.5 INCH
    BROAD JUMP: 120.0 INCH
    3 CONE DRILL: 6.89 SEC
    20 YARD SHUTTLE: 3.96 SEC

Might be an option at MLB

4. dbolt48 says:

Good article Pig.

Judging by this it’s safe to say piggy enjoys “PETERS” 😆

I also mentioned in my CB comparison article that Peters won’t be a Miami Dolphin. Not gonna happen.

If he was drafted
      I guess we would know that Philbin is not a major voice int he war room

I would not want to draft Peters
      I wouldn;t blame the Dolphisn from passing onhim

DBolt

Wait until you write a report on some one named Johnson or Cox

Peters is a good player for what its worth

Piggy

I think the Head Coach has to be a voice in the War Room. He’s the guy running the show every week, and you don’t want to take a player he has strong feelings against.

I think that is is the way it should be

I guess there are oinks here and there that Philbin is not the future

but there just speculative oinks – I can’t imagine Philbn endrosing some one like Peters and in this case I agree

I had a dream last night that the Dolphins drafted a CB in round 1. I don’t know what is more disturbing, that the Dolphins went CB in round 1 or that I am dreaming about Dolphin draft choices.

Tried to strangle the coach you say. I think we found our man. LOL.

Ken

When you start having dreams that you were raped by dolphins, then it will really be disturbing. lol

The Clay countdown continues. What will it be to match or not to match. That is the question.

I know there were talks about giving Philbin an extension. Did it ever happen?

LOL @ the Galactic Snuggie of Death

I think I saw Peters mocked to us somewhere.

15. dbolt48 says:

March 19, 2015 at 8:42 am
    Who is it ?
    So you like the numbers?

I don;t really care as much about combine numbers as what I see ontape
      especially when it comes to LB b/ I think instincts are paramount

But I wouldn;t rule the guy out with thos enumbers

I don;t think it would be a bad thing to draft a CB inthe 1st
    I just think the only 2 prospects with 1st round grades are problematic

While Trae Waynes looks like a great CB, he isn;t really a zone guy
    And Marcus Peters is problematic b/c of foff field concerns

Part of the reason I am in favor of WR at 14 is b/c of the talent at other positions
    The problem with CB is what I just mentioned
    The LB class is not great at the top although Kendricks at 14 is not crazy
    Forget safety in the first
    Scherff and Collins in the first would be good picks, but after those two I don;t think any other OL is as good as the WRs expected to be onthe board

For me, if we aren’;t adding anymore potential starters in free agency my board is kind of like this

Kevin White
    Scherff
    Collins
    Parker
    Cooper
    Strong
    Kendricks
    Waynes
    Maxx Williams

I don’t rule out a player like Waynes. If he was a better fit he would probably be up there after Collins, but I just think we willbe okay looking to the later rounds for guys with more experience in zone

Remember, our defense doesn’t play exclusively zone. We mix coverages and don’t play a lot of press, but that doesn’t mean it’s always zone. We play off man but our LBs and DBs still cover the guy in front of him. We’ve all seen Grimes covering his guy across the field.

It’s still a huge adjustment from what Waynes does

I think the good players can play in most schemes though
        But it’s not ideal

17. Try Pod says:

Thanks for writing an article Wedge. I’m sure it was interesting- lol.

I’m not sure that pointing out this generation is more concerned about body art than they appear to be about government is “harp”-ing. It’s just an anecdotal observation.

Tripp is probably very much in the mix to play more at LB this year.

Daaahhhh… I think I caught the ball, I think I caught the ball… Daaahhhh… I know I caught the ball, I know I caught the ball.

Well
    Like I said, the combine numbers really don’t matter to me

I think it’s fair to say Tripp is in the mix
    But I would be really worried about our defense if he was expected to start
    We need LBs – it’s probably our biggest need

I think we are going to get a vet OG one way or another

21. dbolt48 says:

Pig,
    Follow this scouting report with one for Wakeforest’s Kevin Johnson😆. Get it out of everybody’s system. In all seriousness he’s probably higher on our list than the other 2. Good scheme fit

I have a couple LBs on deck and a WR and CB for the next few scouting reports

But I defiantly can afford to check out a few more CBs
      And Kevin Johnson as well as the FAU kid and Louisiville were a few I was considering

But the draft is steadily approaching, so not sure I have too much time to work in too many cbs

You guys are Tripping . . . .

Try, harping as in a harp the instrument, so I tried to make a funny with the pan flute. 🙂

I think of 2 things when I see the word obtuse. Geometry, but mostly “The Shawshank Redemption”

25. Al in MIA says:

I won’t lie, I haven’t looked at Marcus Peters much but that highlight reel gave me wood.

I’m surprised the Cowboys signed Greg Hardy. He’s a real POS.

27. dbolt48 says:

March 19, 2015 at 10:32 am
    NFL’s version of Latrell Sprewell
    LMAO has he also brought a 2×4 to practice and tried to attack a teammate with it also?😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Man AJ Francis wears his twitter app out.

29. Al in MIA says:

I’m slowly warming up to Mike E’s idea.

If La’el Collins is on the board at 14, the Fins front office has a chance to solidify the entire left to right side of the starting unit with excellent talent (plus gain insurance at OT) once and for all.
    How tempting is that?

However, when I think about Ali Marpet in RD 2, I jizz in my pants.

For continuous OL upgrades (OG or OT) options that may had outside of RD 1 (but earlier parts of draft process), I look at Jake
    Fisher (excellent athlete; might be the most agile OL in this draft even coming off injury) and also the obvious one, Cedric Ogbuehi (1st RD talent held back by injury).

There’s also OG options in TAMU’s Jarvis Harrison (late RD option); Sean Hickey intrigues as well as a pure OT option (not sure if he will make a good OG with his height) and does WVU’s Mark Glowinski and Mizzou’s Mitch Morse.

I think TCU’s Tayo Fabuluje is the best project out there at OG. If this guy could ever get his head out of his ass and take his conditioning seriously (among other things), he’d be quite the force with his pure athleticism.

Jarvis Harrison will be this year’s Seantrel. If he can get past himeself and realize this is a profession now and be more active in working hard and treating it seriously, he is going to be an absolute stud. Those guys just have so much worry with them it makes ya cringe pushing select.

Jeremiah Poutasi, G, Utah
      Height: 6-5. Weight: 335.
      40 Time: 5.32.
      2/28/15: Poutasi was a surprise early entry into the 2015 NFL Draft. He had his second-straight season playing well at left tackle for the Utes. Just like the Texans’ Xavier Su’a-Filo (UCLA’s 2014 NFL Draft second-rounder), Poutasi is projected to move inside to guard in the NFL. Poutasi opened a lot of holes on the ground in 2014 for running back Devontae Booker. Poutasi played well at right tackle as a freshman in 2012, so he has some versatility for the next level. Poutasi had a solid, but unspectacular, performance at the Combine.

I’ve warmed up to it too
      But I would prefer that big WR like Parker or Strong

Trading down, picking up a day 2 pick and drafting Strong would be like bacon!

Al

I asked about Jarvis Harrison a couple of weeks ago. I see potential in that guy, but I don’t know a lot about him. Did you watch him play?

Also – Cool that you think La’el would be a good pick. I see him helping us in more ways than one. I think he’d be a great player for us.

More ways than 1?
      Does he do something else than play football?
      It would be really cool if Collins was a great OG and an expert knitter who knitted sweaters for the rest of the offense every year

LOL – You know my plan. If Albert isn’t healthy enough to start the season, he could play LT. Ten when Albert is back, slide him inside at LG.
        ALBERT-COLLINS-POUNCEY-TURNER-JAMES sounds nice!

The cowboys will probably draft Marcus peters too …lol

32. jahndoh says:

Ok, it’s no mystery around here that I’m a big fan of coach Joe…but this was freakin’ hilarious!

Ken says:
    March 19, 2015 at 8:51 am
    Tried to strangle the coach you say. I think we found our man. LOL.

33. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,
    That means the Patriots will select Peters (SMH).

Yep

And everyone will say the patriots will make them play the patriots way and straighten him out

And then when he gets arrested they will try to purge him like they knew nothing about his history

34. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    My thought on Collins is that it fixes the current problem with the starting unit while also investing in the future (Collins to kick out to OT after Albert is gone; either he or Turner/Thomas).
    I think much about the impact of this move on Tannehill’s game. I think it won’t matter who’s out there receiving if RT has time to pick a secondary apart (much like the Tom Brady methodology; though his OL holds and gets away with it LOL).

I’ve leaned this way a few times. The Bills and Jets have very good defensive fronts and Bowles is going to make the Jets even better if they add an edge rusher at #6 which I think they will do. We have to be able to block these teams or we’ll see more of the same.

Absolutely Al. I think he might be the best true LT prospect in this draft, so when Albert is done, he’d be the LT.

It would be awesome if Peters strangled Belicheat though

“Mumble mumble mumble gasp mumble mumble mumble gasp”

Hardy would rape Peters, and when Peters healed up, he’d come back and strangle Hardy. lol

37. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    Regarding Jarvis Harrison, Mike Sherman recruited him.
    I think much of scouting work for the NFL level can be simplified by considering the source of the recruit (guy recruiting him and his eye for talent raw or polished).

March 18, 2015 at 8:03 pm
    Congrats Gigi! I hope this one’s a Dolphins fan!
    ____________________________________
    Yes he sure is!!! Stanger & OD met him at the Pats game week 1 last year he is a very good dude and thank you folks!! 🙂

jahn,
    outta curiosity, why are you a big fan of philbin? just because he’s the phins coach or does he actually bring something to the table that you love?

40. Great job once again Wedge….I mean Piggy!

Pig — great info on Peters, but tried to strangle a coach……how much did that cost him? He sure ain’t coming here with gum wrapper Joe……..but I’m hoping he ends up in heated private meeting in the head coache’s office in Foxborough or Orchard Park.

I’m on board with Collins if the 3 top WRs are gone which is somewhat likely. I’m also on board with Kendricks as well.

If you told me I could have Collins and Perriman, I’d take that in a second. If you told me I could have Parker and Marpet or Jake Fisher, I’d take that too.

There will be a lot of good WRs in the 2nd round and that might be the way we go. It’s obvious that Hickebaum believes in fortifying the lines on both sides of the ball and I’m not sure they’re done.

44. jahndoh says:

I like his football brain Boulder. I like his offensive mind, and I like that he came in and tried to change the culture around here even if it meant that turning the ship around wasn’t going to be a quick fix. I think he’s incredibly mentally strong and the way he handled his sons death was indicative of that, and I think this team has been constituted by too many mental midgets in the past…from Jimmy Johnsons quit/no come back/no quit antics to Saban’s lies about Alabama, to letting guys like Joey Porter lead a mutiny in the locker room (I don’t know why, but I place a lot of blame on JT for letting that happen)…this team (IMHO) needs a coach who’s going to emphasize the US of team building. You’re not one of us, you’re gone. The one common theme in all championship teams is that they play for each other, and everyone does their job. That takes a coach who truly cares for his players (I believe Philbin does) and who will get rid of team cancers no matter if it poses a risk to his own job.

Ultimately, I think the NFL is such a level playing field, cerebral, mentally intense (as opposed to rah rah in your face) coaches are the best chance of distinguishing your team and it’s culture for the long term, appearances be damned.

I’m putting myself out there with all this, but you asked. That’s why I like the guy.

I feel the same way about him, well said.

We all agree that at some point he has to win though. He’s had his team right there staring at the playoffs twice and they didn’t get it done. That can’t keep happening or Ross is probably going to make a change even though he likes Joe.

• jahndoh says:

I also agree with your 2nd paragraph. I’ve asked everyone here for patience on him, but time has come to produce. The pieces are in place, we have the QB, we have some young talented recievers, we (almost) have the talent on the OL, we definitely have the talent at DL….it has to come together. This is a business, and winning is the objective of it. I long for the old days when coaches were hired for the long term, but that’s now the world we live in now. It’s time, I really hope Joe and the Fins can make it happen this year!!!

• BoulderPhinfan says:

ok thanks. I disagree with much of that specially the football mind part but I respect your opinion on it.

45. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,
    You kidding me? Belicheck is a gansta himself. He’d have one of his goons make Peters disappear. lmfao

46. Al in MIA says:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 4m4 minutes ago

Dolphins elect to not match Bills offer sheet to Charles Clay http://wp.me/p14QSB-9JCU

wyoming85 says:
    March 19, 2015 at 11:19 am (Edit)
    Do Alien pork chops taste better? 😉
    ***

If I was you I would never eat pork again and switch to an alien diet

Bills were very smart in the negotiations but I don’t see Clay as a 7.6 guy. Unless the QBs there miraculously get better(under Rex? LOL), then he just pulled an Eric Decker. Good for his family but bad for his production.

Jahn, I agree we have to be a playoff team this year. Ross didn’t sign that check for Suh for this team to keep spinning its wheels.

Not having the 3rd hurts us specifically on the strategy that includes a WR ILB and OL in first three rounds and IMO we could use one of each from the first 3. S and CB would be nice pickups in those rounds but we do have a few promising players in thos positions so im not as concerned with it.

Id also list our needs in that order WR being primary, ILB and OG being pretty equal secondaries. We can cover our ILB position, keeping Misi there and having Tripp, Jordan, McCain manage the other side. Its not ideal but it is doable. OG is the same we can bring back College, or sign Connoly and then have Turner/Thomas battle it out, or perhaps if both progress, Thomas and Turner with Connoly/College as vet depth. Again not ideal but will be ok. Both of those though could use of a guy we would expect to make the starting rotation in next couple of years, preferably sooner.

WR really needs to be our top most concern, my feeling is we should take one of the top three WR, and i believe we will have opportunity at one, or we trade back and take a ILB/OG, looking for a team willing to give up a 2nd and 3rd in exchage.

Dion Sims reps just went up. I know Cameron will be on the field a lot, but I think we’ll see Sims out there quite a bit now. Now we need Lynch to step up and provide quality depth. Maybe we find a sleeper out of the other 3 TEs on the team.

Not surprised we didn’t match. Very risky though with Cameron. I don’t buy that he’s at the same baseline as someone who never had a concussion. It doesn’t follow the pattern that other players have experienced. Maybe we really like the guys we have in house (Sims, Lynch), or maybe we sign Crabtree and draft a big WR, and that’s the plan.

• jahndoh says:

Well the baseline thing is just about mental functioning. I just think it’s a tool used to determine if the effects of a concussion are completely gone. I don’t think it determines the liklihood of a future concussion at all. I could be wrong, but that’s how I understood it.

In short, I agree that he’s a health risk. The financial risk taken is acceptable though. I also really like Sims and think we could probably get by with him as a full time starter depending on what we do in the draft at TE and (more likely) WR.

Some folks here might be sleeping on Sims, but he’s made some great plays for this team when called on for the last few years, including the game winner vs. the Falcons a couple years ago. I trust him if we have to lean on him.

I don’t think clay leaving is a big surprise. Now get the oline shored up dudes.

Piggy
    How did you get the cross reference for the pork chop comparison?

At least Tim read it somewhere!

Sucks hearing about Clay but again, its not the end of the world. I still hold that Clay with Cameron would have been really exciting. I had already worked out plays in my mind of how it would look lol. Such is life. I dont think Sims or Lynch can moke those formations work as well, nor do i see any of the draft picks that also give us that. Guess we will see. I think though now for sure our focus will be on WR’s and i dont think they will try to draft Clay’s replacement (as in a higher round TE selection) but rather focus on WR’s and perhaps pick up a value pick TE later. There a few out there that could be stretch the field types that also could be worked in with Cameron to really open things up, and they would be later round guys.

• jahndoh says:

I think that’s a luxury that few teams every have had. Last year the Pats had to pair Hoomanui (however the hell you spell it) with Gronks. That two headed “Flex TE” monster has only happened when both Gronk and Hernandez were on the field and healthy IMHO, and it’s not a practical way to build your offense because as we saw last year, someone gets hurt and you have to re-work the whole scheme.

56. Al in MIA says:

Regarding 3rd RD, the Fins can certainly use their 4th and a 5th to acquire one (maybe not for an early 3rd but whatever).

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    In depth news QB Tarvaris Jackson and center J.D. Walton are visiting today as UFA. (Not the lead, but whatever).

I view the 3rd we traded to the Saints for Stills as getting a 22 year old speed WR who has already proven he can play ahead of the draft. It seems like some of you are too focused on not having a 3rd which is going to be used on a prospect that we don’t know will pan out. Just pencil Stills in as our 3rd, it’s really easy.

3. WR Kenny Stills
    6a.
    6b.

• Al in MIA says:

Fins got a 5th for Wallace, no?

Yes, I screwed up, 5a. and 5b. and 6.

Some flat out dilike the loss of picks, Tim. Im not one of them if what we get in return is worth it, and at least for now i do consider Stills worth it. Still does not change the fact that as you illustrated above, it locks our 3rd round pick in as a WR, where as before it could have been something different. I dont think Still would be worth us not selecting a WR in top 3, and i see Still more as what kind of guy were were hoping we would get with a second WR pick out of the 4-6th, so i guess all im saying is it kind of shifted and took a little flexibility away from our strategies. We can get it back though with a trade back or other maneuvers.

Okay, so we just got back $7M in cap space. How much do we have now?

60. dbolt48 says:

Walton sucks ass

Jahn

The Patriots got Tim Wright last year. He only had 26 catches, but he did have 6 TD’s for NE last season

• jahndoh says:

Still, not the same setup as they had with Hernandez and Gronk, or we dreamed of with Cameron and Clay or Keller and Clay.

Just goes to my point that building an offense around that scheme isn’t practical, and even with Wright and Gronk, Belichick didn’t go there last year. There’s another element to having 2 flex TEs on the field, it leaves the QB more vulnerable.

I just think folks around here have had unrealisitic dreams for years of a 2 Flex-TE attack in Miami. We’re not going to be that next year, so lets look at what’s possible instead of what’s not.

Yeah, I admit to being one of those that likes the 2 TE sets, and we can still do it with Cameron and Sims.

• jahndoh says:

Yeah, and in many ways I prefer that personnel setup, because we know that Sims can block in line too. He’s a different kind of a duel threat. He’s a blocker that you have to scheme around, but if you don’t keep your eye on him, he’s a guy who’ll sneak out and grab a TD catch against you.

62. Al in MIA says:

One thing that I like about Hickey & Tannenbaum is that those two at least know that you build a D and O from the inside out and not the other way around (strong lines on both sides).

63. jahndoh says:

We have 16.5M of space when Clays contract comes off the books.

Jahn

I also think you might be right about Sims. He may be ready to turn the corner, and I also agree on his (Cameron’s) financial investment. I was more worried about letting Clay go and then losing Cameron. Hopefully it doesn’t happen.

• jahndoh says:

It’s a legit concern. There’s another TE on the roster…what’s his name? I hear you’re heading up his fan club. 🙂

Try Pod says:
    March 18, 2015 at 9:30 pm

What the hell is wrong with you?

try,

saw this on that reply notification and i usually dont rehash day old post but this deserved an answer. so here:

i have a sense of humor.

Wy

I eat lots if make chickens

What????

• jahndoh says:

He’s saying he’ll come to the BBQ and eat lots if you just cook the chickens! Duh!

Wait…let me translate.

“Oink oink oinnnk oiiknooink oink Oink oink.”

67. Al in MIA says:

Tough to see Clay go but that’s biz in pro sports. You can’t pay everyone and have to allocate salary appropriately by utilization rate (production as well). Clay is a fancy weapon against tougher defenses; not really the type of primary option you will use week to week. I think if the running game becomes more consistent; the OL is more consistent on passing downs, there will naturally be less reliance on plays to someone like Clay between the 20s. Around the endzone, Clay’s inability to sky high limited his TD production. I keep having visions of “what if” he had better range in that Detroit game (Fins would have come out with a W perhaps).

Jahn – Jake Stoneburner? 😉

Good size. Functional short-to-intermediate target. Can adjust to throws and extend to catch. Strong and competitive after the catch. Willing to engage and compete as an in-line blocker. Has special-teams experience. Hardworking and football smart.
    ————————
    A draft evaluation of the TE whose name shall not be mentioned.

BTW — not sure how serious his injury was, but putting him on IR was a way to stash him without risking he got poached. Dude could have been a weight room warrior by Game 11.

Jahn,

Really enjoyed your post about Philbin and you mirror my thoughts exactly. (Not sure that is a good thing for you..LOL) It is really part of what has the made the Packers a success. If you do not contribute to the continuity of the locker room, you do not fit. A team needs to have a family type make-up, and I think Joe is trying to achieve that. Now it needs to transfer into wins, because for the most part the pieces are falling into place.

jahndoh says:
    March 19, 2015 at 12:19 pm

————————————-
    I definately dont think you “build an offense around it” i think our offense is already built for it. Understand a OC, has more than just what his playbook has in it. He also has a different playbook he brings to each game. What talent he has at what positions unlocks the potential for new plays or allows for those plays to be included each week depending on defensive matchup. Haing Cameron and Clay didnt change our offense at, it just opened up some plays and probably enhanced the success of others that were already included. Every play has a potential for success but also goes to setting up potential for other plays…so more plays you can bring the better your offense works.

Again, Clay wasnt not esential, but it would have been nice to have for sure. Ill cite your example and the success the Pats had with Gronk/Hernandez as proof.

Would have been nice, but as usual the evil genius just did the best with what he had. They took Gronk in the 2nd and he turned out all world. And then in Hernandez they had a fourth rounder who ended up being a top ten TE. So Bill put them both in play, but you can’t try to recreate that kinda magic, except at a great price…….and one we obviously weren’t willing to pay.

• jahndoh says:

I certainly would never challenge the efficacy of it, but my greater point was that it’s a very very rare set of circumstances in which that becomes a feature of any NFL offense, so every year when we obsess over it it’s kind of wasted energy. I never ever expected us to have an offense like that until Keller came along, than I saw how when that very rare mix of talent finds itself on one team, (which, I’d argue we still didn’t have the OL play to pull it off) and one injury harpoons the whole offensive feature.

I know well the difference between a gameplan and playbook, but you have to install every feature you plan on using during the course of a season…in the pre-season. That costed our offense progress in other areas when we spent all that time and energy on Keller/Clay, and in one play all that install work went into the circular file.

No doubt it CAN work, but the situations where it WILL are too far and few between to spend any time energy on it. JMHO.

Try Pod says:
    March 19, 2015 at 12:36 pm

It’s disturbing!

then i feel sorry for ya. i wouldnt know what it is like to be limited what i am allowed to laugh at or make fun of. i feel sorry for those that limit themselves. but to each his own. your opinion is just that, an opinion. i dont judge you.

• Try Pod says:

Wow- you take yourself a lot more seriously than I do. Lighten up, man. Sheesh.

But that shit is disturbing.

Lol now i gotta go back and look…nice Try…way to spread it….

• Try Pod says:

I’m just busting on ffr and his interactions with Randy on what goes on with ffr’s “sister” and Randy. I always understood what it was, just made a comment to him about it being “disturbing”. I have also told Randy the same thing at various times.

It is a little over the top, but I have heard worse.

lol @ try

then you sooooo dont get it. i am telling you i make fun of every fucking thing and you tell me i am serious and to lighten up. then finish with ‘that shit is disturbing’

ok, you win. i am moving on.

” i am telling you i make fun of every fucking thing “……….no doubt on that one, part of the ffr……well I’ll call it……charm. 🙂

I blame FFR s sister for Randy being so grumpy and demanding all the time. I don’t know if she is exceptional and Randy now expects that in all aspects of life, or if she leaves him with way too much time to pick apart amazing articles like the one he impugned yesterday. I will leave that to FFR and Randy to further discuss.

new age

……..that is disturbing.

jahndoh says:
    March 19, 2015 at 1:14 pm

If I find out later that FFR’s sister is really Lauren Tannehill

wow can you imaging that. Try thinks i am disturbed now, just imagine if he finds out lauren is my sister and i talk so much about having sex with lauren.

Just wanted to say that I guess that the 90% was right after all.

Try Pod says:
    March 19, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Actually, I kinda assumed that part already, though I never considered she might be Lauren T.

tsk tsk tsk. you naughty naughty boy. what kind of sick disturbing humor is this. shame on you.

this board has

a man who cant ring up a pair of glasses cause his fingers are too sticky from giving men a helping hand
    a surfer boy who isnt afraid of sharks cause he thinks he is god
    a happily married attorney who hits on every wv chick there is on this board
    a man who thinks his junk is so big he calls himself a trypod
    a man who works with the mental ill yet he isnt smart enough to move out of Minn.
    a man so peaceful and laid back that he cut down all the fucking shrubbery to kill the birds
    and finally
    a guy who thinks he is a pig and can fly

yet i am the one that is disturbed.

😉
    14: R1P14 WR DEVANTE PARKER LOUISVILLE
    47: R2P15 RB MELVIN GORDON WISCONSIN
    111: R4P15 OT JEREMIAH POUTASI UTAH
    141: R5P13 ILB JAKE RYAN MICHIGAN
    142: R5P14 S CODY PREWITT OLE MISS
    175: R6P15 C MAX GARCIA FLORIDA

X

i am very offended that you think i am not as screwy outside of tax season. i like to think of myself as an equal opportunity screwer year round.

LOL — the pressure of getting that stuff together to send on to someone like you puts me on edge…….can only imagine what it is like for you.

LOL @ FFR!

“The most catches Clay has made in a game are seven, accomplished four times. In those four games, his yardage totals were 97, 80, 31 and 45…In 58 career games, only twice has he surpassed 100 yards,”

Worthy of 4th best paid TE in the league?

Fins answer: No.
      Bills answer: Yes.

• jahndoh says:

There’s clearly some upside potential there that hasn’t been realized too because of injuries, so they may be paying for that upside potential to an extent. Ryan has seen Clay hurt his teams on more than one occasion, so he’s not flying blind at least..even if he’s a nutjob.

I know I repeat myself, but I keep going back to $8 mil per year gets you a mid-level #1 or a kick ass #2 wideout. And yeah he’s a nutjob. 🙂

• jahndoh says:

I think he’s generally regarded as better than a mid-level #1 TE, but that’s what it comes down to. How a team values him. Clearly the fins valued him less than the Bills, but far better than a “mid-level” TE. Remember when he ran over the entire San Diego defense a couple years back? When healthy he’s a game changer.

Not to argue the point, but what he gets paid clearly comes down to how teams graded him. The fins were willing to pay 7M for a year. The Browns somewhere in that vicinity (if the reports are true) and the Bills thought he was worth a little more. Standard stuff.

Stoneburner stoneburner stoneburner
    That is all

85. dbolt48 says:

So two things are official

1) Clay is a Bill

2) Tim is out another jersey

jahndoh says:
    March 19, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Fuck sharks!
    Giving or receiving? you know sharks have TWO penises right?

bowe to the browns. Crabtree and jennings left still.

And we thinks we are lacking in social skills.
    ——————————-

Ashley Brady, 26, of Miamisburg, lost her right leg in an accident last year. So she got the complex to give her a handicapped spot near her unit.

Days later, Brady found someone else parked in the spot, and left a polite note asking the motorist to keep out of the spot,.

The handwritten reply Brady found on her car’s windshield was, to put it mildly, extreme.

“Hey handicap! First, never place your hands on my car again! Second, honey you ain’t the only one with ‘struggles,’ the note read. “You want pity go to a one leg support group! You messed with the wrong one! I don’t care what your note said shove it, but you touch my car again I will file a report, I am not playing! I let the office know the cry baby one leg touches my property I will cause trouble so go cry your struggles to someone who cares cause I’m walking away with both mine! (expletive)”

The “person” who left that note on her care would find their car smashed as if by a hail storm of concrete blocks. I would fucking take a hammer to every surface of that POS’s car! what a dickhead!!
      Makes me want to do it anywayt, even though I don’t know her and I hate “Brady” and my future X is named Ashley. (whom I hate now too)

My guess is she’s real famous around the complex now since it went viral. Even if her car stays in one piece…..every walk around that complex is going to be one of shame. Time to move.

LOL

• bookman11 says:

Good thing this person has both legs. Goona need them running away from the flames and demons of hell.

• dbolt48 says:

I don’t know, anymore the jerkoffs are the ones that get their way while the decent people get screwed over.

• dbolt48 says:

Does Miko live next to her?

Rockphin says:
    March 19, 2015 at 2:40 pm

only one vajayjay though…..how does that work?

rock,

i could explain this to you with pictures of my sister and randy but then poor ole Try would just get all upset at how disturbed i am.

(Try, just having some fun with your comment)

In my firm bracket I had Iowa state int he final 4
    and they lost

WTF they have only played 2 games and I’m out

Who would have the Cyclones in a final four…I mean seriously? 😉

92. dbolt48 says:

@BenVolin: #Firepower RT @evansilva: #Browns WRs Dwayne Bowe, Brian Hartline, and Andrew Hawkins combined for 4 TDs on 162 receptions in 2014.

Stanger, the person who wrote the asshole letter back was a woman?

WTF

there is a city named Miamisburgh

Stanger is that a fake story???

X

she should go out there and just put a trail of left shoe prints all over her car. then when the bitch complains to the office, she can just say that is impossible i am couldnt do that, i am innocent i tell you, i am standing on the right side here.

LOL — my guess is she needn’t do that……….that woman already has her payback coming. Including that reporters are making her phone ring off the hook right now. She sounds stupid enough though that she just might try to defend he actions.

Okay the bitch that wrote that nasty note to the woman without a leg, they should strip her nude, tie her bent over, legs spread and put her in a pen with male goats.

Then the entire community can yell things like “hey two legs, looking good!!!” “love those groaning sounds you make, is that a new death metal song?”

the bitch would have a broken windshield EVERY morning when she came out to her car. (after she had the 10000 hammer dents removed)

well i can see tim has been to my sisters webpage.

is it wrong to say i got a little excited reading tims comment.

I left a polite note once to the guy that parked next to me in an underground parking lot in DC. Basically said, “I have three dents on my door that match up right with the door level of your car’s. And my parking at work is open…..so you are the only person I park next to all the time. Not going to make a big deal of it, unless I see another one.”

He handwrote on my typed message this long diatribe about how it absolutely wasn’t him and put it on my windshield. He also got management to move him to another spot about a week later. Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

i left a note on a womans car one time that said

‘i noticed when you pulled into the parking space that your drivers side rear tire went round and round in a circle. you should get it checked, call me if you need my help.’

needless to say she never called.

GD, sometimes poetic justice is disturbing.

Cheer up!

New Era: bluapple Poets tribute to Miami Dolphins
      bluapple Poets Douglas, Peter and Marnino could not have been more excited about Ndamukong Suh joining the Miami Dolphins. Check out their lyrical tribute to…

• jahndoh says:

“conjuring memories of the no-names and the killer Bs”

Like those kids were even a glimmer in their Mama’s eye when those defenses existed. LOL!!!! Still- applaud the enthusiasm!

Stanger:
    If parking was open meaning you could park wherever why keep parking beside someone who is dinging your door?

At work it was, so different spots and parking neighbors each day……in my complex we had assigned parking spots, me next to the dude I wrote the note too. So no way should I have had three dings all at the same level on one door within inches of each other.

am i the only one that thinks it is so cute when herd and stanger fight.

Making Clay the league’s 4th highest paid TE at $7.6M annually and guaranteeing a whopping 52.6% of his contract is a questionable call by the Jills.
    Maybe we still get Gresham at a much lower cost after his back heals up before training camp, or maybe we draft a sleeper like Blake Bell.
    Then again, Lynch might open Mike E’s eyes.

• jahndoh says:

Gresham could be a great 1 year rental if he heals up that quickly/well from the back surgery. Doubt any team gives him a multi year deal though…

107. Al in MIA says:

Well, it seems various media outlets reported that story on Ashley Brady so there’s a good chance it isn’t a hoax. Huffington Post says she notified the Amputee Coalition of America about this. There’s a video in this link showing the note.

This is what happens when you coach an 11th seed
    You upset the 3 seed
    In a 3point last sec shot
    And your son hit the shot

Here is another angle

110. Al in MIA says:

No need to worry, the draft can fill needs.
    There are some good TE prospects in this draft.
    HBACK candidate? Wes Saxson come on down!
    Blake Bell in the later rounds as well (great upside to me than Amaro IMO but at a fraction of the cost because he’s new to the position).

This is my favorite angle

Jahn, yes on Gresham. I’ve read where he’s expected to be fine by the time training camp rolls around.

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
    Wow. Day 3 of @NFL Draft will feature teams announcing their picks from facilities or other locations (draft parties). That’s new.

A little late on this, I was busy, but forget about dropping concrete blocks on her car, I’d rent a chainsaw, and wait for her to get out of her car, and I’d lop of one of her legs. Nasty, coldhearted biatch!

….or we could have David poop on her front seat. 😉

that would be attempted murder, or at a minimum assault & battery with intent to cause permanent bodily harm (10 year sentence, min I KNOW THIS) just barely skated on that charge due the the witnesses and the person I harmed refusing to testify…….

felony mischief or vandalism is much better charge to defend. LOL

With the 7th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select…

LOL Rock – OK, I don’t want to get in big trouble, I just drop concrete blocks instead. 🙂

Thank god my “uncle” Paulie decided to get involved…

James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL
    Four of QB Ryan Tannehill’s top-five pass catchers from 2014 are gone in Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, Brian Hartline and Gibson.
    __________________________________
    Obviously the staff & FO wanted to upgrade. So far we’ve replaced part of those 4 with Stills & Cameron & Landry(who remains here) was #2 out of those top 5 last year. FA isn’t over yet and we have a loaded WR class to select from in the draft.

Its a significant change for Tanny
    That is one of the reasons I would have preferred to keep Clay

but at the end of the day if we end up with
    Landry, Stills, Cameron and Parker/White/Strong its a better group
    + we might add a vet free agent
    Its unfortunate that Tanny won;t have great familiarity witht he receivers
    but he will have familiarity with the offense
    and that might be more important

• jahndoh says:

And in his 4th year, it’s time for him to raise some receivers rather than have receivers who think they know better. I always felt like the best scenario was where the QB was more like the on-field OC, and he takes it upon himself to teach the receivers where to be and when….Hope Tannehill takes that step this year.

^ Agree with Jahn on this. I think the QB always makes the receiver better, but a great receiver can help a QB as well.

He’ll likely get a lot of time in practicing with them this year before camp. Now he has a great reason too.

oh you racist bastards. and Try has the nerve to call me out.

so we cant make fun of a one legged white woman but poor lil black man falls out of a chair and you guys think it is open season.

I know it’s unlikely we get white

But imagine

White and Stills on the outside
    Landry and Cameron on inside
    Miller as our back
    And a solid OL (by adding Mathis…lol)

That would be quite the offense

Imagine Perriman and Stills on the outside
      Landry and Cameron in the inside
      Miller as our 1300 YD back
      Because we took La’el Collins ALBERT-COLLINS-POUNCEY-TURNER-JAMES

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

except we still need a QB…………(rolling eyes)

• jahndoh says:

White is easily and by far my favorite. i just don’t think he makes it too us unfortunately so I’m not getting my hopes up. Parker would be a nice consolation prize. If not, Collins and give Tannehill time to work with what he’s got and a 2nd rounder…or trade back get Kendricks and a 2nd round pick then go WR/OL in whatever is best order in the 2nd round.

pig

i agree with jahn. well i do if i understood him to mean….if tanny is going to take that next step to being very good to great it is time for him to step up and get to know his wr’s fast and make them as good as he is

• jahndoh says:

Yes, and part of that is gutting the old WR corps and bringing in receivers who aren’t too “good” to let Tannehill boss them around.

Jahn & Mike, it will be interesting to see how it unfolds with the new/different receivers. Some guys have better chemistry than others with a QB. It’s important to find guys like that that. Guys that fit a QB’s style and vise versa.

Cameron is a good receiver, and he gets open. I’ve seen him blast by guys in the seam for some big plays. Hopefully, Tanny is up to the task to hitting him when he’s open.

anyone hear what is happening with Crabtree?

This always cracked me up.

Piggy

What if Jaelen Strong is there in the 2nd? Does that fit your fantasy?

Cris Collinsworth ✔ @CollinsworthNBC
    Watching Dolphins-Pats as my bracket explodes. Charles Clay a bigger loss than Mike Wallace in this style of offense.
    ________________________________
    But why not tell us what you think of the new additions Chrissy Boy!

We should do a mock here to see how it could go down.

Piggy’s got company, BIG company!

We’ll definitely do a mock here. We need to do it closer to the draft though, so we have a batter idea what our needs are.

Jaelen String vs Notre Dame

Piggy, Strong seems more comfortable playing in the slot and across the middle. I know he posted a great time in the 40 @ the combine, but he doesn’t seem football quick in many of they plays. Looks to struggle a bit with separation at times.

I think he is an outside guy
      I think ASU moved him around a lot
      I bet we move our WRs around a lot too
      His size dictates outside if he had to chose one
      He is just physical enough
      He doesn;t need a whole lot of seperation when he outmuscles the DB

He is a physical WR
      probably the most physical int he draft
      Think Andre Johnson, Michale Irvin, Brandon Marshall or Dez Bryant but with out the attitiude of the last 2 and better hands than Marshall

I keep saying this, but I’d love to get this guy in the 4th-5th round. He had a good Pro Day @ Ga Tech. Besides being a big target & bruiser, he’s got over 33″ arms. Gil Brandt like him a lot.

There were 31 NFL teams in attendance for Georgia Tech’s pro day Friday, including several wide receiver coaches. Seven players worked out indoors on Field Turf, including two players who were at the combine.

Most of the reps on hand were there to see Darren Waller. A wide receiver, Waller is a very interesting prospect not only because of his size (6-foot-6, 241 pounds), but because he runs so well. He was much faster than anyone thought he would be at the combine, where he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.46 seconds. He stood on all of his combine numbers, but he had a very good workout Friday, showing off very soft hands and catching the ball very well. This is a prospect you’ll want to keep an eye on. Some NFL team just might get itself a steal.

One more thing about Strong

The ASU coaches loved him
    They called him the hardest working guy in the team

And that is a fucking awesome trait

You want the anti-Wallace – his name is Jaelen Strong
    He’s not going to quit in his team

137. Are none of you the least bit concerned that we lost our #1 7 #2 WR and our TE? Or are we all gonna act like it’s no big deal? Many here harp on “continuity”; that isn’t exactly continuity IMHO.

Landry is either our 1 or 2

People were callig for Wallace, Hartline and Gibsons head

I hated the way Ireland out our WR group together
      We should have been drafting samurais

I think it’s a good thing to go with younger WRs
      Concerned? Yeah I guess
      But long haul, it’s what I want – young skill players instead of high priced free agents

• I love Landry — but Mike Wallace was our #1 last year, Hartline I could live without as he underperformed and did not earn the $6 million a year he was overpaid by Ireland. Losing a guy like Clay to a team in our division — no bueno. What LB is gonna cover him?

138. Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
    Dolphins sign center J.D. Walton. One of three to visit today.

Gigi, we’ll have to wait and see what we have at WR after FA and the draft. I’m not too concerned at this time.

Sims could be ready play more at TE and as long as Cameron doesn’t have any head trauma issues he’s a very talented TE.

Walton was released by Giants because Weston Richburg, their 2014 2nd RD pick is a natural center who played LG last year, but now moves back to his natural C position

Gigi

Not sure if it’s true, but I hear we’re interested in trading for S D.J. Swearinger (The KNEE HUNTER) lol

The 2015 NCAA tournament kicked off with millions of perfect brackets.

It all started with UAB, a 14 seed, stunning No. 3 Iowa St. That wiped out 96 percent of Yahoo Sports brackets.

About an hour later, 14th-seeded Georgia St. sent third-seeded Baylor packing, and with that just 10,637 perfect brackets remained.

Then came UCLA. The Bruins eked out a 1-point on a 3-pointer! Another 8,000 bit the dust, whittling the number of perfect brackets down to 2,643.

And the evening sessions haven’t even begun.

This sucks, 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow on the 1st day of spring. Then 49 on Sat., 42 on Sun. and 41 on Mon. with sun so it should not last but come on!!!?

March is a bitch!

144. Mike: I know you were joking — later guys have a good night!

Gigi

Where is Diggsy these days?

Tell him to stop by!

49ers are probably thinking they should put Navorro Bowman in a plastic bubble

Mike E, why would Bowman play basketball, as rehab? That seems scary to me. 😉

You think the 49ers will be drafting any LBs?

Peters reminds me of SandCastle 😛

I’ve liked Jalen Strong for about 5 minutes and 20 seconds worth. He doesn’t seem to play with 4.46 speed, but with his size he may not need to use it much.

I don’t think he plays very fast
      So I see you point
      After the catch though he does demonstrate pretty good speed

Wonder if rob housler might not be someone to look at. He should come cheap and I think would be more dynamic here than he was in Arizona

I thought it was odd too. Nah, 49ers don’t need no stinking linebackers!

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 25 (CAR): Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA (B)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Nelson Agholor, WR, Southern California (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (CAR): Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (B-)
    Round 3 Pick 25 (CAR): B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (B)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (B)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Lorenzo Doss, CB, Tulane (B)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Jeremiah Poutasi, OT/OG, Utah (B-)

Pig, you make a Strong case for Jaelen. 😉
    I like him, but just hope we get one of the other talents that IMO are a little bit better for what I want or am looking for. But good stuff, I’d certainly welcome him on the Phins roster.

Charles Clay ✔ @C42Clay
    Been a great 4 years as a Miami Dolphin. Thank you for the opportunity. Learned a lot from so many great people. Will be forever grateful.

Charles Clay ✔ @C42Clay
    Excited about the next chapter of my life. #BillsMafia legggo!!!
    __________________________
    Fughoff, you’re the enemy now!