Mike E. – My Fan Origin

I grew up in Brooklyn New York in the 1960’s. New York City, which is comprised of the 5 boroughs of Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and Brooklyn, was decidedly a baseball town. The New York Yankees had a firm grip on the majority of baseball fans, but the upstart Brooklyn Dodgers won the hearts of many fans as well, especially those from the borough of Brooklyn. My dad was a huge Brooklyn Dodgers fan, but those Dodgers broke his heart, and left Brooklyn to go to California and became the Los Angeles Dodgers. The New York Mets became the “other” baseball team in NY, but my father, who hated the Yankees, as any Brooklyn Dodgers fan would,  instantly fell in love with the New York Mets. I was actually born about 5 minutes from Shea Stadium, which was in Flushing NY, in Booth Memorial Hospital in Jackson Heights Queens. The Mets of course now play in Citi Field, only a few steps from where the once beautiful Shea Stadium resided.

Shea Stadium 1962

OK, enough about baseball, and why even bring it up, right? Just to give a little background about which sport was biggest and had the city’s hearts. My dad was a NY Jets fan. He watched games, but I never felt the passion he had for the Mets when he watched football. I am, and always will be a huge Mets fan, it’s in my blood. Thankfully, I didn’t catch the Jets transfusion, my poor older sister was stricken with that.

AJ Duhe Mud Bowl Mud Bowl Dolphins

So, one day in the fall of 1972, my dad was watching a football game on our RCA 19” color TV (Which was a big TV in it’s day) in his favorite chair, and although football to me was playing in the schoolyard and knocking the stuffing out of each other, I didn’t know any players or any teams at age 9, and I certainly didn’t know any rules other than destroying the kid that had the football. I walk over and sit down in the “M” position on the floor, (which if I tried to do now, I’m pretty sure every ligament in both of my knees would explode), and started watching the TV. I see one team is wearing these green uniforms, and the other team was wearing these colorful greenish-blue and orange uniforms. Then it happened. The totally inconsequential moment that turned me into a Miami Dolphins fan. That interesting colored uniformed team scored a TD, and I didn’t know any of the players on either team, and after they scored, they kicked the extra point into this pool behind these big yellow posts, and this dolphin swims up to the football, puts it on it’s nose, and swims on it’s tail and then “throws” the football out of the pool.

Dolphin pool

I was hooked! I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I wish I could say it was a Csonka 40 yard TD run in which he maimed 5 defenders on his way to the endzone, or a Dick Anderson INT that sealed a victory, or a Manny Fernandez sack in which he tore the head of the opposing QB was the moment that made me a Dolphins fan, but it was “flipper” in his pool, doing his thing, and yes, it had nothing to do with the game at all.

That’s what started my love for the team. My best friends in my youth were all fans of teams NOT from NY. Rob was a Cowboys fan, Mitch was a Vikings fan, Randy was a Raiders fan, Scott was a Steelers fan, and that’s the way it was.

Living in Brooklyn, without the advent of DirecTV, seeing the Dolphins play on TV was rare, and it really wasn’t until the late 70’s, when I was in High School, that I really started following the Dolphins closely. This was before the divisions were realigned, and we were involved in battles for the division with the Baltimore Colts, the Bert Jones led Colts. It was 1977, the final year of the 14 game schedule, and we were tied with the Baltimore Colts at 10-4, but lost the division due to the fact that we split with the Colts, but the margin of victory for them was greater, they won 45-28, and we won 9-3, so on to the playoffs went the Baltimore Colts. They lost 37-31 in OT to the Oakland Raiders in the playoffs.

A few years later, another big moment occurred that affected my fandom. I look back on this particular moment in my life, and although I don’t believe in karma much, I think this was a karma moment. I had never before, and never since, gone to a college football game. My dad’s cousin called my dad in November of 1981, and told my dad he had tickets to see Rutgers vs Pittsburgh, for the game on Saturday of November 7th. My dad said yes, so I went with my dad and his cousin Marty to my first and only college football game. Rutgers vs Pitt. OK, I can’t fool you guys and girls, you’re too smart for that, but Dan Marino was the QB of Pitt. In that game, played at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford NJ, Dan Marino dazzled me, torching the Rutgers Scarlet Knights 47-3. I was in awe of that QB, who slung TD after TD, and it was electric. It was a bitter cold day in November, 31 degrees, winds gusting to 34 MPH. I was wearing tan corduroy pants, and my dad’s cousin got me a hot chocolate, and some dude needed to get up in our row, and accidentally bumped me, and spilled the hot chocolate on my pants, and I recall about a half an hour later there was ice in the grooves of the corduroys.

The 1983 draft came around April 26th, and yes, even back then, I was really into the draft. I didn’t study players like I do now, because the information wasn’t available, there was no internet yet, but I always watched the draft. Well, 5 QB’s were taken in that 1st RD, 4 BEFORE Dan Marino! John Elway was the #1 pick, then the KC Chiefs selected Todd Blackledge at #7. The next QB off the board was Jim Kelly to the Bills at #14, followed immediately by Tony Eason at #15. Then the 3rd AFC East team selected a QB, the New York Jets selected Ken O’Brien at #24. I’m going to be perfectly honest with you, I was not even thinking about the Dolphins getting Dan Marino. Not even when the Raiders were up at #26, and even though Jim Plunkett was their starter, I just felt that someone was going to have take Dan Marino before we did. I thought about that Rutgers game where he filled the sky with footballs and lit up the scoreboard, and just knew someone was going to pick him. When the Raiders took Center Don Mosebar, I didn’t move from my seat. I didn’t think it was actually going to happen until it finally happened, and we selected Dan Marino, QB Pittsburgh at #27. My dad was home, but not watching, and I remember running through the apartment to find him to tell him that the Dolphins got Dan Marino. I was giddy as can be, like a HS graduate who’s parents just bought him a new Corvette!

Dan Marino Rookie SI

I skipped a little bit in the history, because the Rutgers game tied so well into the ’83 draft. Let me just go back a moment to 1982. Now a full fledged Dolphins fan in NYC, I remember seeing the famous “Snowplow” game”. The Dolphins were caught in a snow covered field in which neither team could score, until that is, the Patriots drove the ball to the Miami 15 yard line, and with 4:45 remaining in the game and 4th down, Patriots head Coach Ron Meyer called time out, and went over to snowplow driver Mark Henderson to ask him to clear a path for placekicker John Smith (Sounds like a Patriot name eh?). Everyone thought that the plow was just going to go straight across the field to get a good spot and verify what yard line the ball was being kicked from, but instead of just going straight across to mark the spot, Mark Henderson (Convict Snowplow Driver) veered left to give the kicker not only a clear spot for the ball, but a clear approach path to the ball as well, and Smith promptly deposited the kick through the goalposts, a 33 YD field goal which proved to be the only score necessary to give the Patriots a 3-0 victory in a bizarre fashion, in a bizarre season, a strike shortened season where the Dolphins won the division with a 7-2 record.

09000d5d80498bba_video_cp

My mom and my grandmother owned a travel agency from 1969-1989 in Brighton Beach Brooklyn. We had senior citizen groups that spent the entire winter in Miami in a few choice hotels that accommodated with special winter rates. My dad worked for the city of New York, practically 7 days a week, and had so much vacation time, he sometimes went to Miami for 2 weeks at a clip to check on the groups, and make sure our customers were being well taken care of.   On my winter break from school in 1983, my dad asked me if I wanted to go to FLA with him for a week. I happily accepted his offer, and off we went. Now while we were in FLA, I knew the Dolphins were going to be playing the Saturday before I had to leave, but I never for a second thought that was ever part of the plans. My dad was the greatest, he really was. I sit here with tears in my eyes as I type this, but on Saturday morning January 8th, my dad asks me during breakfast if I would like to go to the Playoff game against the Patriots. I almost jumped through the roof with excitement, but then reality set in, and I said “Dad, we don’t have tickets”. My dad said we’ll drive over to the stadium, and see if we can buy some tickets off a scalper at the stadium. We ended up getting tickets at a relatively fair price, I think $36 per ticket. We were at the top of the Orange Bowl, but dammit, we were there! It was between 70 and 77 degrees, and I’m pretty sure I watched the game wearing a t-shirt, which I took off and was waving like a towel at some point. I loved the crazy signs I saw, a lot of red circles with the slash through it over pictures of a snowplow, which was known by Dolphins fans as “The NO snowplow” game. David Woodley was almost perfect, completing 16-19 for 246 yards, and 2 TD’s, 0 INT’s. Andra Franklin ran over the Patriots for 112 yards on 26 carries, and Tony Nathan added another 71 yards on 12 carries. A thorough ass-kicking and a 28-13 victory in the Wild card round of the playoffs. This, by the way, was my very first Dolphins game, and I thank my dad with all my heart, yes, my dad the New York Jets fan, for being such a great man, and taking me to see that game.

Two other important things kept me connected to my favorite team, the Miami Dolphins, and I feel the need to pay homage to those vehicles.

Dolphins Digest Phins

I could go on forever about special moments that have perpetuated my love for the Miami Dolphins, there are so many more, but I sense some of you have fallen asleep already or have plunged your samurai swords into your midsections for an honorable death, so I’ll end this here and now, in the hopes to save some of my fellow Dolphins fans. We just got Suh dammit, and we’re on our way BACK TO THE PLAYOFFS!!! That’s right, I SAID IT!

Thanks for letting me share my story . . .

Mike

Aside | This entry was posted in Fan Origin. Bookmark the permalink.

331 Responses to Mike E. – My Fan Origin

First! Nice work Mike!

2. dbolt48 says:

“Thankfully, I didn’t catch the Jets transfusion”
    I agree Mike or your story would started off….”after waking up in a SanFran bath-house with a full tummy & rectum from the nights festivities I flipped on the TV…..”

Nice story!

Great write Mike!
    The Dolphins Digest was a lifeline to Fins news for me for many years! I have that SI with Marino on the cover, along with many others, including 2 autographed copies he signed at a golf event!

4. Try Pod says:

Excellent story Mike. Thanks the trip. Hope springs eternal…

Way to go Mike great story.
    Glad Pops took you to the orange Bowl that was totally cool (especially for a jet fan)

Great Story Mike
    Thanks for sharing!

Awesome job Mike. Major props to phins.com also. That’s how I found most of you guys thru phins.com. I don’t go there that much anymore but that site was awesome with all it’s links to just about every dolphin article that was out there. That’s where I first started going to Armando’s blog then NJ Phin fan got me to go to Omar’s blog and well you all know the rest.

Mike E, you said you could go on and on. Are you sure the article isn’t still being written? LOL

Great stuff. Dolphin Digest and then Curt’s site was the first online source.

Been doing more research and watching more video of Funchess. I am changing my opinion on him. I have been on the fence about him because he is something of a tweener between WR and TE and I am concerned he will be moved around and never master a position. I am now of the opinion that he is a bonafide legit WR and is someone we should seriously look at in round 2. I see him as a Plaxico Burress clone. I see him as a great vertical threat, not so much because of his speed, which is not bad, but because of his size and his ability to high point the ball so well. I see him winning lots of contested deep balls not to mention being a beast in the red zone.

I’m getting the feeling we might draft two WRs. Hopefully players who are ready to produce this season.

I can see that in him too, however, I don’t think it’s worth a top 3 round pick to wait on his development there. Playing TE & especially WR in the NFL is a lot tougher than the college game as you know.

I have no problem with him in the 2nd but I would give up on the idea of making him a TE. He is a WR and he would be a physical mismatch for most CBs.

Mike E, very nice story. Go Phins!

I would much prefer Jennings to Crabtree. I know he is older but he is a quality WR and would be a great mentor for what looks to be a very young group of WRs.

I think if Jennings comes significantly cheaper than Crabs, then that could be the way the Phins go, leaving them with enough money to still land a FA Guard perhaps, as well as still leaving a WR pick @ #14 in the draft.

Tim, I didn’t read that article by SS Omar. I hope it’s just speculation by the SS or a smoke screen by our FO before the draft plays out.

But for the love of Pete, how could a staff in 3 years still not have a sure plan for a guy that was drafted #3 overall….SMH!!!!

I think the issue has more to do with Jordan then the coaches. Vernon had no issues. Shelby’s started earning reps as UDFA a few years back, and Fede as a rookie last year earned reps. Jordan is only entering his 3rd season so it’s not fair to say it’s taken 3 years yet.

To be fair the coaches have tried him all over the place and outside of a few plays, he hasn’t really made his presence felt anywhere.

I count the lead up to the 2013 season thru the lead up to the soon to be 2015 season as about 3 years of knowing you wanted this guy, have this guy, & yet not sure what to do with the guy???
        This is usually only a problem with a little known 7th rounder type that you didn’t spend as much time on scouting….lol

Ken, I was reading an article about Crabtree yesterday and they said the same thing you were saying, he’s really struggled getting separation of late and has had foot problems that may be the reason but that’s why his market isn’t very good.

Really?
    The problem with Jordan is either He’s been hurt or suspended. Not to mention OV beat him out at the DE spot ( Not that you can have a competition if you can’t play)

The real problem is most people just don’t like what the front office has done so far!
    ( not that they had much choice with injuries and suspensions)

Even on here it’s pretty obvious that unless he gets to the pro bowl some folks will be pissed off!

If he beats out OV this fall and doesn’t make the PB folks will be pissed!

Sometime I think some folks are uncomfortable NOT being PISSED OFF!
    😉

When Jordan has gotten into the games he has made an impact!
    Never enough for some folks?

I think the criticism of Jordan is fair. Most people here loved the move to trade up and get him. But I think it is that in 2 years other than a handful of times he has not made an impact as anticipated. Some of it is his fault (suspension) and some of it is injury which is partly on the FO for taking a guy with a bad shoulder so high. But the bottom line is to date he has not been worth the no. 3 overall pick despite the fact that he has made some plays in limited playing time.

I was not fucking happy to trade up to get him!
        My jaw hit the floor when they didn’t say Lane Johnson!

But that has nothing to do with Jordan!

He has never been in a position to compete for the starting job!
        Therefore he is not a STARTER!

Is that complicated?

I wanted Lane Johnson as well. But the fact that he hasn’t been in a position to compete for the starter’s job is partly on him – the suspension. Also given the fact that he was such a high pick and the fact that we traded up to get him is going to cause legitimate cost/reward analysis.
        Separate issue is whether or not we should give up on him or if he can still turn it on and be an impact player. I think he can still be an impact player and should not be written off just yet but this year is probably his last chance to show something more than a handful of plays per season.

14. Al in MIA says:

LOL @ the article’s headline “but not in a rush to sign veteran WR” …
    Code for “We want you dirt cheap and want to make sure your agent knows we aren’t showing him how desperate we are”.

I think Dion Jordan is best suited to be a DE/pass rusher @ 6’6 275. Wake is winding down, and as some said disappeared some late last season.
    Jordan sees himself as a pass rusher. So I’d cut into Wake’s snaps a lot more to keep him fresh all season and give Dion more snaps in rotation for Cam.
    Suh will have an impact that should greatly help Jordan a long the way.
    I’d also make Jordan a Jack in certain game situations/matchups.

The team seems high on McCain, so I’d key on him being the strong side LB. I think he comes alive there in year 2 as much as Jenkins did. McCain flashed in very limited snaps last year, more than I remember of Jelani in his first year.

To me this plan makes the most sense…IMO.

” he sometimes went to Miami for 2 weeks at a clip to check on the groups, and make sure our customers were being well taken care of. ”

Great write and share Mike E. And sounds like there is a lot of your Dad in you. He didn’t have to do that, especially since he was working so hard at a completely different job.

And man it must be so hard to explain to your kids what a charge you got when you saw the Dolphins Digest in the mail box. You can explain, but they won’t just understand what it was like to get that info pre-internet.

Sad, but I’ve decided to let my subscription expire. No real need now, and it just ain’t the same without Andy Cohen running it. Would have kept it up if he was.

Wyo, Jordan hasn’t sucked but he hasn’t consistently been an impact player.

Not sure why it ended up in Stanger’s post.

He makes impact plays all the time when he is in!
    Mostly on ST but they are still impact

He will be in camp to compete for the starting job this year (yes I crossed my fingers)
    and we will see
    If he doesn’t beat out OV then we can cuss Ireland some more!

I don’t think he has to beat out OV to be an impact player. He can be the 3rd DE for situational pass rushing and can have a very big impact. I also think he can play OLB. He looks really good in coverage in that role but I have seen him struggle to set an edge on some plays. He is too aggressive and will lose contain. But I think that is something he can learn if he plays more.

• convict says:

How can you say this. He averaged around 30 snaps a game on defense – and I don’t remember much impact at all. Its not about Ireland – even if we didn’t trade up and took him in our original spot – his first 2 years have been a bust. His production hasn’t matched a draft pick anywhere in the first 3 rounds of any draft. I didn’t like Ireland trading up – but at the end of the day – its all on Jordan.

The shoulder injury and being suspended for 6 games didn’t help. He needs a clean offseason and to step up his game. No other way to look at it.

20. convict says:

Great article Mike.

Rex Ryan sure must like himself some Clay.
    ————————
    “The Dolphins thought they had Clay locked up with the $7 million transition tag. His agent initially asked for $6.8 million a year and $13.8 million over the first two years.

But Clay got much more when the Bills made a stunning offer that included $23 million over the first two years.”

(From Abramson)

Or their GM Doug Whaley.

True, and part of that massive first two-year money might have been to configure a contract in a way we were unlikely to match. They know we have signing/5th yearing Tanny coming up.

You really have to scratch your head about how bad Rex wanted Clay. No one else willing to give that kind of compensation to him. Not saying Clay is not worth it but there was not a line of suitors banging down his door. Also Bills invested lots of money into weapons on O but are so uncertain at QB. They have Watkins, Woods and Harvin at WR. They have Clay at TE and they have McCoy at RB now. Lots of weapons but is Emanuel, Cassel or Tyrod Taylor the guy who is going to properly utilize those weapons?

Maybe the plan is even your grandmother can look good with all those weapons. LOL

FYI, Rex isn’t the GM in BUF so these moves may not be all his.

Wyo, we’re not talking about STs with Jordan. He’s very good on STs.

From Mando: “The one-year contract quarterback Matt Moore signed with Miami to be Ryan Tannehill’s backup is worth $2.6 million plus incentives.”

Las time he got like $8 mil over two years. Unless those incentives are something unusual, sounds like the market for Moore has gone down.

I didn’t think his market would be high. Moore knows wherever he went he’d be a stopgap and they’d be looking to replace him and he could end up moving his family every year.

Making $2.6M to stay in Miami isn’t a bad living.

Tim:
    It’s been reported that Rex was the driving force in the Clay signing. Apparently he really likes Clay.

25. Mike: I loveeeeee this article and how you became a fan and that was so awesome of your Dad!! 🙂 It has been totally fascinating to me over the years to see how you folks all over the country became Fins fans. For me it was easy cause I lived there my entire life. I will say this — thank God my parents moved from New York to Miami before I was born because most of my family up in NY and NJ are Jets fans with a few Giants fans sprinkled in.

26. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Always interesting to see how other teams view guys like Matt Moore & McCown but yet still employ the Jay Cutler’s of this world LOL.

In the end these GMs fall in love with the arm talent and guys like Cutler and Jeff George had in that spades.

Because Jay Cutler can throw the shit out of the ball so teams constantly get drawn into that instead of realizing he plays with the passion of napkin. LOL

27. Al in MIA says:

Regarding Jordan, I still think he’s a productive DE but he’s not the pass rusher the team hoped for when they drafted him.

Can he develop into it? maybe but chances are greater at this point that he won’t be a high sack guy ever.

Having said that, really the Fins are to blame as many scouts projected Jordan as a 3-4 OLB yet the Fins FO knew they were running a 4-3 D and they wanted him as a pure DE.

One thing though on Jordan, while he’s not Vernon on the pass rush, he is better than OV at setting the edge. To me, ALOT better at it.

I think the plan with Suh investment is to eventually hope that Johnson, Fede develop maybe into the other DT spot and eventually Jordan will replace Wake who’s got maybe 1 or 2 great years left.

Wake remains a liability in the run game IMO but he more than makes up for it with his pass rushing skills.

Having a better OLB on his side instead of Wheeler should also help with any run game deficiencies he may have.

• Do you think Jordan was worth moving up to #3 overall?

I’m not sure the team is looking that far ahead at this time because I think they feel with Wake still playing at a high level and the addition of Suh they have a chance to compete for a playoff spot and beyond.

• Al in MIA says:

I think every team should plan that far ahead but not in consideration of “oh, we cut him on this day, such and such” but rather “if he fades by next year, we got this developing talented player and that player and that covers us at these positions if need be”.

28. Al in MIA says:

Jordan to date to me has been Quintin Couples like but difference is that Couples has managed to stay on the field.

Al, acquiring the young talent is one thing, but I’m not sure they know who replaces who just yet.

I want to see Jordan one more year before we decide he can’t be a pass rusher. He’s had setbacks at the start of his career and needs to get past that.

30. Al in MIA says:

Wierd…. all 4 guys at NFL.com have corners mocked to Miami at pick 14.

It’s possible. WR is probably deeper than CB so get a top corner early and then you can get a WR in other rounds. That might be the plan.

That said, I’m not sure we will go corner at #14. LOL

There is only 1 CB who I think is worthy of that spot and that is the kid from Michigan State. If he is there at 14 I could see us going that way. I still think WR is more likely.

I had a dream the other day that we went CB at 14. Which is disturbing that I am dreaming about Dolphin draft choices. LOL.

31. Al in MIA says:

I don’t want Miami to cut ties with Jordan unless some team falls in love with him (overvalues him) and offers the Fins something enticing but you are right, I’d like to see him healthy and playing a full year. I mean its hard to get any momentum being stopped longer term all the time by things such as suspensions and injuries.

Yep! He needs a clean offseason and then we’ll see where he’s at. It will be a good barometer of who he really is moving forward.

http://t.co/lE4XBxDsjt >> Dolphins considering moving Dion Jordan to linebacker http://t.co/KBPQzsC2M4

Al, your explanation of Jordan is basically a repeat of what I posted above.

I see him as a DE/pass rusher who can also set the edge & play a jack role too, drop into coverage on a TE, etc.

It’s a known fact we got to preserve Wake more in games now to get the most out of him full season wise.

Jordan can spell Wake, he can also spell Vernon on various downs/game situations. I’d even try him @ DT next to Suh on passing downs spelling Mitchell at times. I love that idea with his height & wingspan.

If used right, I think the best is yet to come for Jordan

34. jahndoh says:

Very cool story Mike E!

Thanks for sharing. Awesome!

35. The graph below is extremely telling!! What do you folks think needs to change in order to get us back on track and winning?

D, the Phins have been considering Jordan @ LB since 2013…lol…nothing to see here. 😉

37. Dion Jordan & Mike Wallace are prime examples of how Jeffy “Ginger” Boy royally screwed up as a GM — we had all that $$$ and draft picks a few years back and where are we now? Jordan is not even a starter & Wallace is gone, he way overpaid for Brian Hartline (thankfully he is gone too), Ellerbe & Wheeler, etc as well.

38. Anyway Happy Monday peeps back to work….later.

Tim, yes the coaches have had Jordan at all the above, but not with any consistency and certainly not without Suh yet.
    Suh is gonna be a real catalyst in getting more favorable matchups along the front 7….IMO.

^ with Suh^

The main issue to me is Jordan hasn’t played well enough for the coaches to keep him on the field more consistently. They have used him pretty consistently at RDE in his backup role. It’s up to him to force the coaches to keep him out there.

mike

blah blah blah, yeah yeah great article. who cares, what we all want to know about you is when you became a fan of the ‘married men’ club

Gigi — that graph conveniently left out the 60’s. 🙂

• jahndoh says:

Lol…it would probably look a touch different I guess. At any rate, those teams, players, coaches, owners, practice facilities and home stadium were all different from today, so either the uniform is cursed or there’s hope for us yet. I’m going with the latter.

Thanks all! I have jury duty today, so just have a couple of minutes for lunch, and then back to the courthouse.

Any of you lawyers have solid advice on how NOT to get picked for a trial? lol

Pretend you have Tourettes. LOL

• jahndoh says:

Then answer to the “have you or a a family member ever been a victim of……” is always “yes”. And the answer to “do you feel you can be impartial….” is always “No”.

LOL..either that’s true or I watch too much TV.

I’m a horrible liar. I’ve always been honest, and I find it difficult to lie. I hope there is a genuine reason why I would have an issue, but I doubt I’ll get that lucky.

That’s how I got out of being on a trial on the final day for a child sexual abuse case which I really did not want to be a part of. Not the yes answer, but the no answer.

• jahndoh says:

Tell them you’ve got a temper and a low tolerance for “things like that”. Probably some truth in there somewhere right?

I was wanting the Phins to at least look at this guy over a year ago. Oh well, there is no guarantee he resumes being the player he once was even tho he’s still 28yr old.

The 49ers have scheduled a visit with free agent LB Erin Henderson.
    Henderson, who was out of the league last season following a drunk driving arrest, held a private workout on Sunday. Apparently the Niners liked what they saw as Henderson will visit the team on Wednesday.

You and M13 could be his agents. LOL

LOL, you remember. Well, until one actually sees a guy in a workout on the field, then who the hell knows what Henderson has to compete.
        But he was a real force inside or out in 2012 & 13.

OK – Gotta run! Back to do my civic duty! Have a great day everyone

Mike E, just pick your nose and eat it when they’re looking your way…..or keep laughing like a nut job everytime they ask someone else a question….that or pretend to keep falling asleep.

47. Stanger: We only started this team in 1966…the point of the graph is the steady, consistent decline in wins. Most franchises in the beginning lose — this team is one of the few rare ones which won early and for a very long time. The losses of Coach Shula & Dan Marino were devastating to this franchise and no one to date has come close to ether one. I will not believe in Tannehill if and until he can lead this team to the playoffs and a Super Bowl (we wish). Until then, he will just be another in a long line of QBs post-Marino.

Does Civic duty mean working on a Honda?

March 23, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Jackass of the week.

if you mean the disney people who decided to make a movie about her life i totally fucking agree. guess i am the only one that doesnt see what is the big deal about her.

No I was talking about the ‘Twit’terer. Lost his scholarship and got kicked off the team and out of the school because he’s too fuckin stupid to realize tweeting that was fuckin stupid.

Why would I care about the movie, I’d never watch it.

50. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    My advice is to tell them you work in commercial insurance. You will likely get dismissed because they will think you are biased in general lol.

Just tell them you have trouble paying attention for more than 3 consecutive seconds.

• Al in MIA says:

LOL. That’s a good one. Just keep replying “What was the question again? I’m sorry, I didn’t understand you again”.

51. Al in MIA says:

Lunch time, bbl

Al, who’s the defendant and who’s the plaintiff again?

Good story Mike E. i’m a Mets fan that really hasn’t watched them in about 10 years. Could really call me an ex fan but I just dislike watching baseball. If I were to ever watch it again, the Mets are who I’d like to watch though. They overpaid and were pretty dysfunctional last time I watched them. Is it still the same?

• New Age says:

Disgusting all around. I love where legislators talk about how time strapped they are as they pass the most banal laws(when they decide to actually pass laws). I’m not a fan of abortion but if I had to listen to Groen talk a lot, I would favor it.

Then the smug asshole walks, practically runs away. What a dick.

“Former NFL safety Darren Sharper pleaded guilty to sexual assault and attempted sexual assault in Arizona and was sentenced to nine years in federal prison and lifetime probation.”

It’s like an Aaron Hernandez thing. Why throw away the life you were so lucky to get in the first place.

9 years from each of the states he committed crimes in should keep him locked up for the rest of his life.

Mike E:
    FWIW the best thing is to have child care arrangements that you would have problems resolving, or if you had a significant interruption of your business or earnings and or if you have travel plans. One thing we don’t want on a jury is someone who has a pressing concern that is not going to focus and pay attention to the case but rather look for the quickest way out because they are too focused on some pressing concern.

‘Why would I care about the movie, I’d never watch it.’

well why care about the ball player. i will never watch a game. this world has become way way to sensitive to words. what ever happened to sticks and stones? does what the kid says really have any baring on her life? if it does she has way more issues then that. and i know it didnt, i know even her and her coach asked the school to reconsider. i am just saying way way to sensitive to words anymore

I don’t care about him either, just pointing out how stupid he was. I only know about it because I heard it on the radio this morning.

They just called about 30 people for a case. There are 3 cases at the moment, one that the people were just called for, one that was adjourned for tomorrow, and one more we potentially might be called for today.

If it is adjourned for tomorrow you should be clear on that one. 30 people on the other one means they are likely not going to reach you today so it is down to only 1 case.

Uh oh, they look ready to get back at it.

59. Al in MIA says:

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL now4 seconds ago

Is it just me, or is Ted Cruz’ campaign logo an upside down burning American fLAG? http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/artpazylwwzpj64s2xmi.png
    ——
    lol

60. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    After every question just start replying with your gripe with new programs at work. Leave em all like “Wtf is this guy talking about?”

61. Al in MIA says:

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP now5 seconds ago

Stephen Ross about to talk to #Dolphins reporters from Phoenix. Follow here.
    0 retweets 0 favorites

Mike E, time to start yelling “judge cock, pussy, lawyer slut, fuck off, grandma! LOL

63. Al in MIA says:

I’m slowly winding down to my acceptable list of players at pick 14 given the current team makeup.
    Any of these WR -> Cooper, White, Parker
    CB – Marcus Peters
    LB – Eric Kendricks
    ….

I’m out! At least for today. I have to report back tomorrow 8AM.

That sucks in State Court in Connecticut it’s one day. If you don’t get picked in that 1 day you are good for 2 years.

Yeah I had to go 2 days over a year ago. I’ve been selected for jury duty like 6 times in my life. I served on a grand jury every Friday for like a month or so. I think I’ve done my duty. I should be taken off the list and pick from some other 20, 30 and 40 year olds.

grand jury service is the worst. They could go on forever. It may be only 1 day a week but it could be a long time.

No more pussy for you! Now he’ll be the punk getting skunked!

Ex-NFL S Darren Sharper has agreed to 20 years in prison as part of a plea deal on rape charges in New Orleans.
    There was outrage after Sharper got off with only nine years in Arizona, but it appears Louisiana will hand down the stiffest sentence of the four states where Sharper has pled guilty to drugging and raping women. He’ll serve his various sentences concurrently instead of consecutively, meaning he could get out of jail in 20 years.

• Al in MIA says:

What a crazy life. From SB glory to prison for about as long as he’s been playing football his whole life.

66. Al in MIA says:

Ken,
    The more i see the tape on Peters the more excited I get (no pun intended LOL so dont get any ideas). Can’t teach instincts like that.

67. Al in MIA says:

Lol @ your tourettes idea.
    I don’t think they would like Mike E signing this either

68. Al in MIA says:

Ken,
    To be honest, neither Collins or Scherff excite me as OT prospects in the Fins style of O.
    I’d rather take my chances on Oregon’s Jake Fisher who just needs a couple things regarding the use of his arms to be elite. His fluidity is Lane Johnson like

I see Scherf as an OG. Collins can be either and he can zone block.

• new age says:

Al,

I like Fisher but think it would take some time for him to really hit his stride. I think Collins or scherf could start immediately at OG a bit more easily than Fisher but he is talented. I think it took Johnson about 8-9 games to really do ok. I could be wrong.

I heard the veterans combine was pretty sad. Really slow 40 times for guys.

70. dbolt48 says:

LMAO
    @bustedcoverage: Dolphins beat writer tweets out ‘Casting Couch’ porn link http://t.co/q0Og2pCJrb

mike

just tell them you are a miami dolphin fan, there is no way in hell they pick the mentally ill for jury duty

72. dbolt48 says:

@Fantasyguy23: The #Dolphins signed coach Joe Philbin to a one-year extension through 2016. @Phins_Phocus @PhinPhanatic @PhinNation

73. dbolt48 says:

@FinzTaint: Did she end up getting the role? I didn’t watch all the way to the end. @AdamHBeasley

dbolt48 says:
    March 23, 2015 at 4:21 pm

what a stupid move, what a shit organization. why reward some one who is average. this is the worst move in the history of the fins. this shows why they never win. why i am disgusted to be a fan. blah blah blah worst shit ever, blah blah blah. omg so stupid. blah blah blah ross is an idiot.

THERE I GOT IT OUT OF THE WAY FOR EVERYONE now hopefully we wont have to listen to it anymore.

Truthfully am surprised that Philbin is signed on for another year. He could get cut with just non-cap money out of (Ross’) pocket, but that it big.

Might mean the draft goes more towards the BPA side than we were thinking. The hot seat is at least a bit cooler.

Teams don’t allow head coaches to go into the season on their last year. This is a common practice.

I tend to agree with Tim. A 1 year extension is not a ringing endorsement but it stops Philbin from being a lame duck coach. He essentially has to prove it this year or else he is likely to get fired and Ross eats one year of the contract. It’s not like Ross offered him a long term extension.

new age

omg if they sign that lame ass cement footed inaccurate loser of a qb to an extension……..well i guess we can just cut and paste my same comment.

(well everyone but OD can cut and paste it. LOL)

March 23, 2015 at 4:42 pm

yep, the only thing that is shocking about it, is that it took this long to add a year.

We did the same thing with Sparano, and he was fired the following offseason. It doesn’t mean anything.

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 6m6 minutes ago
    #Dolphins’ QB Matt Moore returned because of faith in Philbin, organization http://fw.to/WjY2

Go ahead FFR
    It’s diatribe time!

New Age

The Mets are going to be exciting. Go ahead and watch them man! They have great pitching, and they should be contending for a Wild Card. They have some talent, and if a few guys come through this season, they will be right there.

Alright. Time to pack up at the sweat shop. Talk to you guys later.

I think we all expected them to give Joe a 1 year extension. I was surprised they hadn’t done it before now, but now that’s out of the way. Just win Joe!

Brian, maybe that was the case with Sparano.

84. dbolt48 says:

@AbramsonPBP: Ross: “There needed to be a change in the receiver room & certainly you’ve seen a lot of change…

Dave Hyde ‏@davehydesports · 22m22 minutes ago
    Ex-trainer Kevin O’Neill sues Dolphins in perhaps final fallout of Bullygate. And this one could get ugly. My column http://fw.to/qfLuZD

Mike/Tim,

We HAVE to get to a game a Citi Field this summer. Let’s try to find a game we can go to when Harvey is pitching.

the Stanford 35 yard dash?

Stanford Football ‏@StanfordFball · Mar 19
    40s are flying at #StanfordProDay
    Alex Carter: 4.42
    @TyMontgomery2: 4.46
    Jordan Richards: 4.49
    #StanfordNFL

I thought they were announcing the compensatory picks today? Not that I think we’re getting any but it would give us the true draft order so Wyo can be accurate in the 4th rd and on. LOL

“He’s got all the great characteristics you want in a quarterback. If anybody can say one [negative] thing it’s that he hasn’t shown he can connect on the long ball. But everything else other than that, he has every single attribute you can possibly have, and I think he’ll have that too.

“He’s only in his fourth year and he didn’t play a lot in college. He certainly has the talent. We’re doing everything we can to have him reach his potential.”

— Ross on Tanny.

My guess is his jersey would be a safe buy.

He actually has shown that he can hit on the deep ball, just not consistently or perfect enough. 🙂

The main issue was with Wallace who he did connect with just that he didn’t hit him in stride for 60+ yard scores. That said, he also didn’t attempt it all that often.

I agree, but you are mainly arguing with the real boss on that one. I agree though……he seems to lose accuracy on his deep balls. But that is true of most QBs. Does seem to show Ross has paid attention to the Tanny/Wallace connection though.

Bri

I really want to go man. It’s a crying shame that I’ve been to Citi Field just once. We must try to make it happen.

Wyoming, nice link on some late round & UDFA prospects.

I felt like I fell into a time warp @ the reaction on Philbin getting another year ‘contractwise’.
    We already went thru this and blogged the crap out of it months ago when Ross gave him the stay of execution. As we know, it really doesn’t mean 100% that Joe remains here should he fail again this season.

Stanger, I’m not that concerned with the long ball because it’s a low percentage play that doesn’t happen all that often. I want to see a more balanced and efficient offense that scores more TDs anyway they happen, and a defense that comes up big in big spots. Complimentary football. That will lead to more wins than simply hitting on a handful of pretty deep balls. It would be nice but it’s not my concern with this offense. Improving the overall OL play is the most important thing to me because I think that will be a big reason the offense takes off.

And I’m right with you. The whole fly route connection only worried me cause we had Wallace, which made it a bigger factor. Never thought it should have been a concentration for this offense.

Was only copying what Ross said, not my own opinion.

Dolphins signed coach Joe Philbin to a one-year extension through 2016.
    “You don’t get the best from someone when operating with a gun to their head,” was owner Stephen Ross’ explanation for extending Philbin’s deal.
    Turning 54 years old this July, Philbin’s Dolphins teams have gone 7-9, 8-8, and 8-8 through three years on the job.

Can’t argue with him on the gun to the head part. Even if we let him go after this year, he’ll have a much better severance.

It’s a respect thing from the owners. If you don’t believe in a guy you fire him and move on. Obviously we know Ross likes Joe and believes in him. More people in the org do too as opposed to the fans and media for obvious reasons.

You guys talkin Long Ball again?
    Is that the name of the flick that “Casting Couch’ was casting for? 😉

Anyone ever see this bird before? I just saw one in my backyard. If it didn’t move I would have never noticed it, as it camouflages with the leaves really well. It’s about twice the size of a dove but I noticed it had like a 4-5″ bill.

Do you know what it is? Looks like a long-billed sap sucker, if there’s such a thing. lol

I think it might be a long billed dowitcher

Well done. It actually looks like a few different bird names that look alike. The notorious Snipe found in only New Zealand, the Short or Long-billed Dowitcher and the Long-billed Shore bird that really aren’t from around this part of the country.

Never saw this bird in these parts in my life. Cool sighting.

97. dbolt48 says:

The running back Id like to see Miami draft in the later rounds:

I’d sign a couple of UDFAs and let them compete with Miller, Williams, Gilislee and James. I don’t view the RB position as an issue, I see it as a surge problem from the OL and overall blocking in big spots. We get some good runs in our offense, it’s when we have to run it and the defense knows it is when we tend to struggle. I think it’s about the OL, not the lack of power at RB. Sure would having a Christian Okoye make a difference, yes, but that’s not what we need and show me where we get that guy. LOL

I think he flew in from South Dakota to check out who that guy is that chopped down all those trees. lol

D-Bolt

I like the way he just rips right into gear, but he won’t seem that fast in the pros

• dbolt48 says:

He will seem just as fast as an Arian Foster. Kid did a number on the bug schools he played…..We’ll see where he ends up, but he’s been linked to Miami since early in the process.

It would be nice to have a guy that you can count on to get some tough yards in a short yardage situation, and maybe a guy who can close out a game. I agree we won’t be drafting one early if at all.

I agree, but Williams could be that guy. Maybe with a year under his belt he can sharpen his skills on where he’s suppose to be and hit it quick and decisive. The guy gives great effort every down, has proved to be tough to take down and to be a good receiver.

My criticism of him last year as a runner was I thought he ran sloppy, but not from a lack of effort and physicality.

I really want to see him in his 2nd year. I want to see Gillislee in this offense as well which we haven’t seen yet.

I see Sims’ role expanding with Clay gone. He’s going to lineup at FB and H-back to block at times but I don’t think he’ll be the same weapon Clay was as a receiver in that role. He’ll also play more in-line and then sneak out and make some plays. The guy to watch is where Cameron lines up.

To me along with Miller in the backfield with Landry and Stills, that’s our offense right now. Not sure we should think it will be less.

• dbolt48 says:

Sims is a beast. I’m happy with how he grew as a player last year. Dudes been busting his ass all off-season. I think he knows he’s the present & future at TE.

Dbolt, good stuff.
    I like Thomas Rawles from C. Michigan if it weren’t for his character issues. He’d be very good as the compact short yardage guy and more for us. If he goes undrafted, he likely will, then I’d bring him to camp to compete.

• dbolt48 says:

They brought Williams in last year, right?😀

Yeah, Damien Williams was my UDFA crush last year….glad we brought him in and even more happy he opened some eyes. Can’t wait to see where he’s at in 2015.

The only way a guy like that makes it to the game as this short yardage specialist is if he’s a STs guy. Can’t carry a guy like that for 5-6 downs. That’s why FBs are a rare breed these days. Some of them are not STs guys but really good blockers and short yardage runners. If they only play 12 snaps on offense and don’t play STs, can’t carry them.

I said short yardage guy & more. The kid has more to his game than a couple yards here and there. He has legit speed, and pass catching ability. He could be good as a returner.

Busy day today

My first post all day

Great story Mike E

MIKE E.,–I REALLY enjoyed your “How I Became a Dolphins Fan” today.–STILL BLOCKED from commenting at work but sure liked your effort a LOT!!. –Looks like I am “DITTOING” everything Piggy said RE: “Busy Day” and “first post of the day.” AIN’T IT A BITCH, JORDY, when you actually have to EARN a living? –Answer=”NO!” Not when you take pride in your work, as I’m SURE YOU DO!!”
    ————–
    Getting ready for my thrice yearly trip to Baltimore for a major convention at the Inner Harbor. –Supposed to rain like hell thursday, then temps drop to 29 degrees Friday and Saturday night! –GET MY ASS BACK TO FLORIDA!!!

GD, you watch our offense, when would a back like that be out there? When the ZBS is working in the run game I prefer quickness over pure power. We’ll see. Maybe we do add a powerback. I think it’s overrated though. I look more to the OL and overall blocking which I believe we’ll try to upgrade.

He ran a 4.42 & 4.5 at his pro day. He is a good one cut runner. The power back part is because he’s 5’9 217 with most of that in his legs….like a MJD if you will.

“I think it might be a long billed dowitcher”

Mike E — nice call, and would be a great sighting in NJ. Those birds don’t normally land there……..maybe it was a migration rest at Tim’s place.

YOUNG STANGER; The extra long snoot and the bulging belly vaguely remind me of my “bird brain” first Mother-In-Law!! –Luckily, my 2nd Mother-In-Law was a real sweetheart, just like her daughter!

Yeah man, I was like what the fuck are you? LOL

It was during sunset so he was blending into the yard and kept his distance but was not panicked. I went and got my binoculars but he was so well camouflaged it was still hard to see him other than his bill being so long, I was like wow, never saw a bird like this around here. At first I thought it was a teen duck. But the bill was too odd.

I love stuff like this. It was fun to see a rarity.

OD, we’re finally headed for nice spring weather tomorrow around 45, then 50s, a 60+ day, some more high 40s and then 50s again. This is a nice time of year to get the gardens going again and you’re not dying of heat being outside. Before you know it it gets nicer and nicer and then you have to put the A/Cs in. I like this time of year. I’m not talking about the 29 you’re talking about, I’m done with that. LOL

SAW an earlier comment which said “We all expected an extension (of Philbin’s contract). –Put me on the HELL NO side of that expectation. WHAT I HOPED FOR was that Ross would honor his demand that Philbin show an improved record to merit retainment FOR THIS SEASON!! —WHEN the Fins faded badly in December AGAIN, I fully expected Philbin’s firing. –But Ross went back on his demand and said Philbin would RETURN for this year, despite the dismal December.–Well, maybe ROSS/PHILBIN/T-BAUM will finally right the ship THIS SEASON. –But as I’ve said before, they’ve got to SHOW ME!!!

I’m one of the ones who said I was surprised. But if it only makes Joe feel better and the downside is Ross putting some numbers on a check then I’m cool with it.

I’m “COOL WITH IT” ONLY if we make the playoffs and win a playoff game. 3 consecutive non-winning seasons may be fine for some around here BUT, in my view, Philbin has FAILED to live up to the high standards of this franchise’s history.

Part of why I’m cool with it is we can still move on. And hey…..our coach for the future Joe is a good guy and a family man. Not worried about Ross’ money.

It’s common practice to not have a HC on the last year of his deal. It’s a respect thing. If an owner didn’t believe in him he’d have already fired him. That’s the best way to look at it.

I understand what you are saying, Tim. –I just DON’T AGREE WITH IT. Philbin deserves to be fired based purely on his performance.

March 23, 2015 at 8:49 pm
    I’d prefer to not use a draft pick on a RB.

Tim, the two RB’s me and Dbolt were talking about are very likely to be UDFA. Did you read the posts before commenting? 😉
    I’m high on Miller & Williams, but they will bring in some competition for Gillislee & James I’d think.

OD, we should have all expected it after the Vikings game where Ross came all over the locker room. 😉

LMAO @ OD’s mother-in-law joke! That’s funny

gosh dammit i did my why extend him for no reason. i am saving my hatred for the regular season from now on. you people are so ungrateful.

LOL!!! – – Hey, FFR, how do you like the NEW pavement on Lutz Lake Fern Road??–NOW, if we could just do away with the 10-MPH speed limit at that big curve by the orange grove we MIGHT get to work a bit earlier!!

CSN Philly’s Geoff Mosher reports the Eagles may release LG Evan Mathis if they can’t trade him.

I’m glad Hickey & Tmike kept their poker face.

have any of you ever worked for a boss who had turned in his resignation? or at least you knew was on the way out. i have. and when he asked something, and i admit it, it was just a shitty high school job, but it was like when he asked something i was like yeah sure you wont be here in a few weeks.

i get why the fins extended philbin. the players need to know he will be around whether they believe it or not. the extension has nothing to do with philbin but all to do with the players or signing new players. but hey, what the hell do i know, i still think the most important position on the team is head cheerleader.

Nice point ffr. If anything I’m hoping it is a way to let Hickey move long-term rather than worrying about Joe’s hot seat.

OD,

i love it, i mean who doesnt like a nice smooth black drive to paradise.

or maybe i should have said, a nice smooth slow drive to paradise. lol

Getting near time to walk the Greyhound and her two smaller siblings. You folks have a terrific evening and a better tomorrow. PS: –I WON’T be dreaming about yet ANOTHER 7-9 or 8-8 season, that’s for sure! – – The Old Dolfan is OUT!

Check out Kens dance moves

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 8s9 seconds ago
    .@Broncos are getting a 4th, 6th and two 7th rounders via compensatory picks.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider · 35s36 seconds ago
    Ravens get three compensatory picks: two fourth-rounders, one fifth-rounder

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 21s21 seconds ago
    .@Bengals add a 3rd and 4th rounder via comp picks (and get back Michael Johnson, the player they got the 3rd for)

‘Check out Kens dance moves’

that is nothing, wait till you see him chained in your basement and a stripper pole.

OF COURSE NOT!!! SMH

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    No compensatory draft picks for #Dolphins

OD, other than the last 2 seasons where we were staring the playoffs in the eye and didn’t get it done, Philbin took over a 7-9, 7-9 and 6-10 team – started with a rookie QB with not much college QB experience, 19 games seems to be the number, changed the philosophy and has gone 7-9, 8-8 and 8-8.

I swear sometimes that he’s viewed as a HC who’s gone between 4-12 and 6-10 and the owner is hanging onto him.

The years prior to Philbin don’t matter. Even to you as a long-time loyal fan. He’s trying to build his program. It’s his 4th season and yes at some point you have to win and that time is now. That’s the classic 4 year window. Philbin and Tannehill will both be evaluated off the 2015 season.

That’s why I think the org wants to see if Tannehill can go to a new level before paying him long-term. But if that’s the case, protect him better and give him the weapons to have a chance.

Pig, what a shocker Kraft & NE get the top bounty of compensatory picks….SMH!

Rob Rang ‏@RobRang · 38s39 seconds ago
    Think comp. picks don’t matter? Hall of Famer Larry Allen was one. Tom Brady, Hines Ward, Brian Dawkins, Matt Hasselbeck, Pat Tillman too.

Nonsense to choose 6 out of hundreds. LOL

Larry Allen was also a 2nd rd pick, not in compensatory range which starts at the end of the 3rd round. Doh!!!

We’ve been too active in FA the last 8 years, so we never get compensatory picks. Ireland loved FA, and it seems as if Tannenbaum does too.

Compensatory picks don’t usually land Suh type players. 3rd and on? It’s fun to have extra picks but they’re usually mid and late round picks and not tradeable. They’re a little overrated except for mocksters. LOL

If we do pick up Mathis, that really changes the needs going into the draft. Even more flexibility, which narrows down our BPA to WR, LB, and DB, either CB or S. It would be nice to be able to do that.

GD, uh-hem! LOL

dbolt48 says:
    March 23, 2015 at 7:53 pm
    The running back Id like to see Miami draft in the later rounds:

Ohhh, that was Dbolt….besides, Zach Zenner likely goes undrafted.

You’re still trying to debate my comment on what was said? You mentioned your discussion with D-Bolt. It’s not a big deal, but I’m not pulling this out of my ass. LOL

wow what? no way. the pats got favorable treatment. no way who has heard of such a thing? and you guys think i was just joking about suh being suspended when he gets with in the same stadium as tammy.

No they let FAs walk and don’t sign many big deals. Not a big deal. As long as Brady and Belichick are locked in Kama Sutra and can still fuck, they will be good. LOL

Their drafting has been C level at best.

I think we’re taking the same tact. You can move the ball without great WRs. You need soldiers (do your job), not Prima donnas.

i sure hope upon signing suh that ross and company told him ‘if you even look at tammy’s crotch you will be suspended and we dont have to pay you’

I think we’ve been a little too active in FA for quite some time. You win by drafting well consistently, not by spending the most in FA. Regardless, we got a great player in Suh, hopefully we can build enough around him to get into the playoffs and make some noise.

Jahn, I mean Tim, I get your point too. I’m not a fan either of drafting a RB either now that we’re down to just 6 picks. I too think RB talent can be had with UDFA, hence Damien Williams, and others around the league before him in recent years.

Which coach was it that failed to find a replacement for Marino? Who was it that didn’t develop ANY replacements or quality backups that could be traded away for picks during Marino’s 17 years. Which coach was it that didn’t look to the future?

FFR, sadly your puns of Suh getting suspended for hitting Marsha too hard could certainly happen…at the very least I see 15yd RTP calls galore when we play the Pasts.

Who did the pats lose that got them a third round pick. They signed Revis last year but who was it that they lost?

Mike E, Suh was our major signing, everyone else was 2nd tier type stuff. In 2013 Ireland signed 5 players to big deals and the performance didn’t match the investment. That entire class has been cleared this year – Wallace, Ellerbe, Hartline, Wheeler and Gibson.

This is different stuff.

Son, it had to be Vince Wilfork.

No it would have to be someone they lost last year. Wilfork got cut so he didn’t leave as a FA anyway.

Aren’t comp picks awarded for player lost LAST league year? (based upon who is gained or lost during the year previous league year?)

Yes and I can’t think of who NE lost that warrants a 3rd round comp pick. Its bullshit plus they paid Revis like 14 mill to bring in.

Revis’ deal would go into effect next year for comp picks with the Pats, they signed him in 2014 and lost him in 2015. Who’s the 2013 player they lost in 2014?

The patriots lost Talib and signed Revis (to a high contract)

Why do they get a 3rd comp pick???

Brandon Spikes was a 2nd round pick NE lost to the Jills.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Dolphins will likely pick up compensatory picks next yr. for losing Clay, Odrick, Wilson this yr.

Son, they’ll get a comp pick for Revis next year, be sure of it. The Pats have laid dormant in FA this year. They get nothing for Wilfork as they released him.

Alright have a good night. Fuck.

Son, don’t leave irritated. Don’t worry, Miami is going to Suh NE now!!! 😉

Dbolt, I can see us targeting your guy Hardy in the 2nd round just like Landry last year. I think we’re going OL 1st round again. Protect the QB and get the running game going. We need better talent up front.

I think the two QBs, the edge rushers and DTs will push the WR/OL debate to us.

That said, I think one of these QBs could fall like Aaron Rodgers or Brady Quinn.

Landry
    Stills
    Cameron
    Sims
    Miller
    Williams
    Matthews
    Hardy

I think this regime is more football oriented than combine numbers.

Do your job and catch the ball. Break a tackle here and there. Run routes and catch the ball consistency is better than once every 5 times to make us all celebrate.

Tim, I much rather have Perriman in the 2nd round than Hardy. If we go for a small receiver like Hardy in the 2nd, I rather that be Dorsett.

Tim Revis was a free agent signing for the cheats in 2014
    So he is a factor or the comp pick reward this year
    He should offset their losses

Next year he will help them gain a comp pick

But why did signing him in 2014 not hurt them in this years comp pick

What did they lose in 2014
    Talib and Spikes
    WTf is with the 3rd round comp????
    Especially given they signed Revis and browner to big contracts

The Bengals were awarded extra third- and fourth-round compensatory picks in the 2015 NFL Draft.
    Cincinnati was one of the three teams, including the Patriots and Chiefs, awarded an extra third-rounder. The Bengals are never major players in free agency, and they were awarded extra picks for losing RE Michael Johnson and OT Anthony Collins last offseason. Johnson and Collins, of course, were both cut by the Bucs after one year in Tampa, and Johnson ended up back in Cincinnati. The Ravens also did well, earning an extra fourth-rounder and two fifths.

GD, everyone has their preferences. I only care about who will be productive.

With the 14th pick in the 1st round….the Miami Dolphins select Be Productive from Fundamental Football University 🙂

When you think of our offense it starts with Tannehill and his read-option ability and short passing game. Next up is his mobility to make throws on the run. Then the standard pocket presence which people underrate about him – he will make NFL throws all over the field if given the time.

When do players make more big plays?

Is why I keep saying build around him.
      Gigi asked earlier what changes Miami back to a winning team after the 70’s, 80’s, & 90’s?
      It was 13 years and 17 different QB’s after #13 retired before we finally have what could be a solid franchise QB. Now we build around #17 on the OL, @ RB, TE, & WR so he can do his best work with the skills he’s best at.

Of course he’s gonna need a good defense built around him to keep him in games as well, and to help close games when he gives us a lead!

Acorns…Get your Acorns here….. Acorns

Actually most have been talked about here already! 😉