Wedge Scouting Report: Stefon Diggs

StefonDiggs5Wedge ID

Looking for a late round speedster Earthlings?  So am I.  With my alien sixth sense I found this guy from Maryland, Stefon Diggs, a bit of a day 3 seeper that might help the Dolphins stretch the field.  After the Dolphins parted ways with Mike Wallace, the Dolphins may look to add a young speedster.  I propose Stefon Diggs as the replacement.

Stefon Diggs

When the ball is in Diggs’ hands its magic.  Zoooooooooooooooooooooom!  Diggs can fly.  Now he didn’t turn heads per se at the combine.  He ran a 4.46 which is fast but not exactly Mike Wallace combine numbers…is that what you want now?  Watch Diggs and see how quickly he accelerates.  Watch his balance as he accelerates.  That is, if he doesn’t flash right by you… StefonDiggs2 This 6’0, 190 pound wide out from Maryland had 150 catches in three years at Maryland.  He gained over 2200 receiving yards and scored 14 TDs.  In addition to a receiving threat, Diggs can return kicks returning 2 for TDs in his time with Maryland. Stefon Diggs, Yawin Smallwood

So why is this speedster a day 3 pick?  I don’t know….but the fact is sleepers happen, and you have to be on a lookout for them to have it happen to you.  Diggs isn’t one of the big red zone threats that are going to go early in the first two days of the draft, so that might hurt his stock too.  And he struggled with injuries during his college career – but what do you expect a sleeper to be?

StefonDiggs4 If Stefon Diggs was an alien weapon of destruction he would be a organism seeking missile streaking across the galaxy!  Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooom!   Better hope the Dolphins are the team shooting the missile! DiggsMissile

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

247 Responses to Wedge Scouting Report: Stefon Diggs

First! I’ve watched a bit of Diggs over the years at Md., and he never lived up to his potential. I get the feeling it’s going to be much of the same in the pros with him.

• Brian in NY says:

Nice work yet again Piggy!

I don’t think its diggs fault. I think he needed a better qb throwing to him. When the ball gets in his hand he gets more out of it than expected so to me what has limited him isn’t him from what I have seen on films. I’d like him as a mud to late round receiver who can also do return duties

Quick drive by before Court. I like Diggs too. Good 5th to 6th round target imo.

Stills is pretty much the replacement for Wallace.

Yes but it wouldn’t hurt to add another burner at WR.

I think that is why we acquired Still

IO actually wrote this before we traded Wallace
      and it said soemthing like “if we part ways with wallace” so I edited that to be after w part ways with wallace

But still and maybe Diggs is an example of the kind of guys we should be drafting ocassionally to add to our stable of weapons and bring along

Still was a 5th round pick
      and I expect Diggs to be 5th or 6th

I want a big WR
      but when we get into the 5th and 6th round – how do we spend those picks?
      Diggs is not a bad option even if we are set at WR for 2015

Seastrunk

I just don’t see Diggs as a fit for the Phins at all….IMO.

Why not

He i a solid YAC guy
      Is a magician with the ball inhis hands

and he can play ST

Don’t see him as an outside guy in the NFL at all, we have our slot guy, so he’d be depth or 4-5th receiver at best, plus I worry about his ability to stay on the field.

GDP:
      I see Diggs has having a similar skill set as to someone like Randall Cobb. I am not saying he is Randall Cobb but I could see similar skills. Diggs is a guy who can be both in the slot or on the boundary and he is great working in space which is Tannehill’s strength – getting the ball out quickly to his receivers and let them make plays.

• dbolt48 says:

Funny, I actually see him as a similar player to Wallace who’s a little tougher. I don’t see Cobb really. Hips and upper body are very stiff. He’s more North & South style.

from last night…..

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Fireworks at NFL owners meeting (no, not involving Rex Ryan. Actual fireworks)

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Everyone gathered around to touch the bowl that was used to give Mark Davis a haircut.

Ken, no way Diggs is a Cobb type. I’d rather have Ty Montgomery, even Titus Davis if they’re on the board when Diggs is.

Heading to court. Talk to everyone later. Peace.

10. dbolt48 says:

In this draft I see Diggs and Devin Smith if OSU as identical players. If I had to invest in one Id go Diggs over Smith due to the later projections, but both are vertical players who aren’t overly shifty in traffic. I’d take Justin Hardy over both of them in a heartbeat.

11. Try Pod says:

This should be fun. I can think of 6 right of the top of my head who will like this:

Someone was bored when they decided to put this article together. There is nothing of any interest here. Teams go through ebbs and flows.

12. Al in MIA says:

Speaking of Andrew Abramson….
    The response someone made to this tweet was hilarious:
    Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 13m13 minutes ago

AFC coaches breakfast starts in 10 minutes
    —-
    Anthony ‏@PhinsTweets 13m13 minutes ago

@AbramsonPBP Rex Ryan be like pic.twitter.com/pJU9s113FQ

for Mike E, 😉

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero · 40s41 seconds ago
    JP on retaining Kevin Coyle: We looked at things on paper, on tape, based on 3 year body of work. Not 5-6 game slide at end.

Acorns…Get your Acorns here….. Acorns

Actually most have been talked about here already! 😉

the curious mystery of the Preying Mantis is solved!

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero · 24s24 seconds ago
    JP on plan for Dion Jordan: “We’re going to utilize him as DE. Improve and develop his pass rush ability.”

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP
    Philbin says #Dolphins are not done adding WRs but he’s not concerned about youth of WRs. He said they’re not rookies, have been productive

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Philbin says LB Jordan Tripp will “certainly compete for playing time.” Called him smart.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    “He’s a smart guy. Dedicated guy. Does things the right way and practices hard,” Joe Philbin on Jordan Tripp. Philbin says “as of right now” Koa Misi is still MLB.

“You have to make decisions offensively [because of Suh]. Are you going to slide to Suh and Wake. We can play some games,” Philbin said.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    JP says Jordan Cameron taller than Clay and down the middle might be better and catch radius is larger. “Jordan has a real good route tree.”

Concussions issues aside and I say that because I don’t want to have to discuss that every time we talk about him, Jordan is going to be a big part of the offense.

20. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Should be interesting what happens in the draft.
    If the Fins go corner in RD 1 then MLB in RD 2 as I suspect then Misi will be put back to the outside.

(Joe Cavaretta / Sun Sentinel)

Dallas Thomas, the Dolphins’ 2013 third-round pick, started nine of the 14 games he played last year. But most of them were as a tackle. He’ll be playing left guard, his old college position in 2015.

• Al in MIA says:

I actually think he does better at OT than at OG. Most people probably think I’m nuts but really it’s 3-4 mistakes he makes out of 60+ offensive snaps in a game that make him look alot worse than he is.

• Al in MIA says:

And if you look at the plays that made him look the worst, they were against Mario Williams and Von Miller, two of the NFL’s best edge rushers.

Is it weird that I usually look at the last part of these articles just to see what kind of alien WoD they would be?

Good stuff Piggy!

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens · 50s51 seconds ago
    Philbin on Dallas Thomas: Very good athlete & very good feet. Quick & athletic enough on the inside. Right now we’re looking at him at OG

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    JP says Billy Turner at RG because he likes how he looks in his stance better that way than left hand stance.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Philbin says he sees Brice McCain as more of a nickel cornerback.
    ______________
    So will Taylor be ready for a spot opposite Grimes?

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 18s18 seconds ago
    Really like AJ Cann’s instincts and FBI. Great leader. Wish he was more balanced/controlled in space. Power scheme only left guard.

It would be great if Thomas and Turner could lock down the guard spots. I agree with Al that people tend to focus on a handful of bad plays and make it seem like every play is like that.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Joe Philbin said Louis Delmas has been in the facility every week. “he’s been progressing well. He should make a quick recovery.”

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Philbin on Stills: He’s good with a lot of the routes that Tannehill is comfortable with.

Looks like Coyle has been reined in…GOOD!

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Joe Philbin said the challenge for the defense moving forward is to simplify the defense. Said Kevin Coyle had too many packages.

for Randy

Greg Likens @GregLikens
    Philbin disagreed when asked if RT struggles w/ deep ball & said that 1 of the things they have to do a better job of is cut down on sacks

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Joe Philbin knowns Ndamukong Suh’s strength coach personally and talked to him before Miami pursued Suh.

for Tim on McPain

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Philbin says he needs to see consistency from Chris McCain. From physical standpoint McCain he has ability to play Sam. Joe Philbin said Chris McCain is well versed playing on the line of scrimmage, but he needs to learn to play off the line some.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Philbin felt Louis Delmas’ leadership & steady play was critical to secondary’s success moving forward. He’s hopefully he’ll be ready game 1

35. Great job Piggy!!! Also, anyone think Bill Belichick or Pete Carroll would ever be caught doing this?? SMDH

Tim, I called that right a few days ago here. Remember the Jordan discussion. I maintained that keep him @ DE and in a jack role along the DL. We need to cut down on Wakes snap count, keep him fresh.
    Also how now is the time for the 2nd year guys, McPain, Tripp, to step forward like Jenkins did last year.

Good that we are developing our young talent regardless of their draft position.

Amen Brother!

We agreed. I thought McCain was better suited at OLB though he can do some edge rushing. Jordan looks like a DE to me.

I’d break it down like this if we move them both around a little bit.
      McCain
      OLB 75%
      DE 25%

Jordan
      DE 75%
      OLB 25%

37. Al in MIA says:

I know MF13 despises Rotoworld’s Evan Silva (who likes to shit on the Fins) but he and his co-worker pretty much have a good analysis on draft needs and their mock is good too.

Silva seems to have given up on his Phin’s hate, or at least was taken to the wood shed for it by someone at Roto.

“Linebacker and safety are also areas Miami must address.” Gotta take issue with that though. Yeah we can take a safety, or any other position, but that is not a Must.

“When the ball is in Diggs’ hands its magic. Zoooooooooooooooooooooom! Diggs can fly.”

I watched him go out at the 2nd Fest. He had some speed and moves but I’d draft Mike E instead. 🙂

Sounds like he might be a good ST guy though. As always, another great educational write-up by our favorite Pig regardless.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 56m56 minutes ago

Billy Turner at RG, Dallas Thomas at LG at this time.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 56m56 minutes ago

———————————–
    About howi see it too. Turner is more porer, less quickness and Thomas is more opposite. RG is traditionally more power based and LG is more quickness based. Thomas looked good there before they started monkeying with moving him to RG, which i said then was a mistake. Really hoping these guys turn the corner for us and do what i think they will be capable of.

Tim, yes on post above with McPain & Jordan….only move them around in specific matchup situations, otherwise SLB & DE respectively for those two.

Yeah, like we’ve discussed before, there could be a zone blitz where Jordan drops into zone coverage and McCain rushes from his edge. They have this ability.

If Philbin really believes in Dallas Thomas & Turner that much, then I don’t think we draft a OL early, unless it’s a OT cause they’re worried about Albert. Also if this is the way Philbin feels, then I do see another vet OG added before FA is done or before camp starts. I think they’re sitting tight waiting for Mathis to be released.

Then Thomas & Turner can compete for the remaining OG spot.

• New Age says:

I agree that they are waiting for Mathis to be dumped. Between the 3, we should be ok at OL. I would much rather have a WR at 14 but we are getting to the point where we can get BPA which is good.

I think they would like them to win the jobs but we still need some depth. Our current depth is –
      C/G Sam Brenner, J.D. Walton
      G Mark Asper
      T Jason Fox

March 24, 2015 at 12:10 pm
    They weren’t monkeying Thomas, he happens to be flexible and was needed at other spots due to injuries. Lots of teams move their OL around when injuries hit.
    ——————————————–
    Tim they had other options, they could have settled on Thomas as a LG and left him there and then when need came, called on someone else, or shifted a vet like College to RG and put Thomas at LG where he had been training for up until that point. College is use to the NFL caliber opponents, he isnt still adjusting to it, he would have been a better option to be “out of position” than a guy still gettting his feet. Turner is going to be the same way and i hop they pick a position for him and let him get his feet there. Once he has that, by all means work on his versatility, but you gotta start with a solid base before you start laying new bricks.

Well they were a little closer to the situation than us. I don’t get too caught up with where coaches play players. I just want to see them do well wherever they play.

I think if anything they sign a guy like Connoly or College and i think they sign them with intentions of them being a backup. I think they their intentions right now is to move forward with Turner and Thomas both not one of the other competing for one spot, but both competing for, and intentions of winning, their own respective spots.

That should be the plan and then have a fall back plan. Go with youth when you can. If they had concerns with them I would think they would have addressed G already. We’ll see.

On that D, we will differ. Even if it is a good but declining vet with lots of starts one his resume who comes on, think one spot will be locked by start of camp.

• New Age says:

I like that idea but as mentioned by Ken several days ago, our depth isn’t great with that plan. I’d much rather see someone like Mathis come in and let them all compete. I really hate the idea of positions being given out before anyone plays a single off-season rep.

44. jetsssuck says:

KFC UPDATE!!!
    Remember when Playboy magazine reportedly offered Sarah Palin $4,000,000 to pose nude in an upcoming issue?

Then Michelle Obama was offered $50 by National Geographic?

And remember when KFC offered a “Hillary” meal, consisting of two small breasts and two large fat thighs? ​

Now KFC is offering the “Obama Cabinet Bucket.”

It consists of nothing but left wings and chicken shit.

I like Jordan at DE now that we have Suh

Suh is going to be a huge asset to everyone on he OL

He helped Ziggy Ansah who was drafted a few spots after him

Would be nice to see Jordan turn the corner
    I think that the plan

And if McCain is going to get regular playing time
    I think LB is a better place than DE

I still think we should draft 2 LBs though
    But I guess we have options with Jenkins, Misi, Tripp and McCain
    It’s a unit that can use some improvement though

• dbolt48 says:

With the way Wake petered out at the end of the year we need to have this guy develop. All bets are off though if Beasley makes it to pick 14.

I think ther eis a run on pash rushers early

if we ended up taking one based on BPA – I don;t know how we can even fit him in right now

• dbolt48 says:

If they did pickup a Beasely then that makes their decisions next year on Wake & OV a little easier…. Or just gives the team negotiating leverage

Dbolt
    I used to agree with you about Diggs being North and South style Wr
    but the more I see him the more I think he moves laterally very well
    and he accelerates quickly

I think Ken may be on the money int he Cobb comparison

• dbolt48 says:

Just don’t see the loose hips & pure fluidity in traffic. As I said above Id take him before Smith. I actually think he’d be a great fit for the Chargers.

Piggy not sure why we need to draft two LBs, I’d rather draft one who we expect to compete than just strength in numbers because two rookies aren’t playing.

Try, I’m not sure this blog is very liberal. I would say most here have more of a libertarian view on things than extreme right or left wing sentiments.

• Try Pod says:

Are you listening to what I am saying? I have heard from someone who feels they are an authority on what is and is not “liberal” that this is a “liberal group”.

• Try Pod says:

I probably should not say “heard”- read would be more accurate.

• Try Pod says:

Besides, I’m just being silly. As I have said many times, I consider myself a fiscal conservative with more of a libertarian to liberal social leaning.

I think he means some one else’s characterizations
      not his own observations

JJ watt is rumored to be restructuring his deal to give the texans cap space

I hope that in two years we have that kind of relationship with Suh

I agree there will be a run on pass rushers starting as early as possibly #3.

• New Age says:

I heard those WRs were all overrated. Had personal problems and shouldn’t be drafted until the 14th pick at the earliest. Pass rushers, QBs, and RBs need to be gotten early.

LOL

2 QBs, 2 DTs and possibly 4 OLB/DE should go before we pick. That leaves 5 more guys before we’re up.

• New Age says:

Yep. Need to blow up the Brett Hundley train a bit more but looking good.

Piggy, I think Misi will be back at MLB and Jenkins will be at WOLB. Then McCain, Sheppard, Tripp and Knott will compete at the other spot. We also only play with 3 LBs about 30% of the time. So adding one good LB prospect is all we really need.

I think McCain could turn out to be a gem for us and I think Tripp will develop into a pretty good LB.

Lunch time. BBL

Liberal?
    Ya that describes me?
    😉

“Michael Sam’s performance at this weekend’s NFL veteran’s combine may have been the final nail in his NFL coffin — with multiple GMs, agents and scouts saying he wasn’t just bad … but “flat out horrible.”
    ——————
    That’s from TMZ, but even they put out like four NFL insiders saying stuff like maybe he can get a job in the CFL. Looks like the NFL will be without the guy who sat in a seat at the front of the rainbow bus next year.

You mean the Michael Sam try-outs?

Watched for 15 minutes and he’s the only player I heard about!

Had to change it to Golden Girls to see some toughness!

LOL — seems if you want to be the poster boy you should play like Jackie Robinson. That’s harsh, but being one should come with making it happen.

• New Age says:

Guy should have talked less and practiced more. The NFL is about production Guy milked his fame instead of putting effort into the game. Piggy rhyme right there. 😉

I don’t know how much he milked his fame, even if he was happy to jump onto the platform. Sounds like he’ll make it harder for the next one out of the closet though.

Brent Hundley is the next Peyton Manning
    Bryce Petty too

they would go #1 in any other draft

teams should draft all those guys before the 14th pick

Kevin White will be a bust…

at this stage in his career should we rely on a healthy Misi anywhere
    I think he is back as basically a cushion to help bring a long a rook
    But we should address MLB in the draft
    it would be a mistake to go into the season with those LBs you mentioned above

I said draft one, but you don’t have guys on your team because you don’t see anything in them.

As for Misi it’s just my gut that he will start at MLB.

Michael Bush from the veteran combine:
    “You gotta be (expletive) me,” he said. “… 4.91? … There you go, there goes my career.”

Gotta get some work done ;-(
    Later Haters

14: R1P14 WR DEVANTE PARKER LOUISVILLE
    47: R2P15 RB TODD GURLEY GEORGIA
    114: R4P15 G ALI MARPET HOBART
    149: R5P13 S KURTIS DRUMMOND MICHIGAN ST
    150: R5P14 OLB BEN HEENEY KANSAS
    190: R6P15 CB NICK MARSHALL AUBURN

That’s what I said yesterday. You can’t carry a back like that to play limited downs unless he plays STs.

Reply depends on whether we are talking a #2 powerback or a guy who is there for goal line/short yardage duty. Given that this comes with a contributing on ST thing, my guess is we are talking a third back. And yeah that is still me hoping for Darren Sproles JR.

OK — I know I’m getting old (not like that ain’t common on this board though), but here is one of the apparently hottest sex symbols today. Am I alone thinking I should get arrested if I ever hit on this?

Is that Selena Gomez? She looks too young for me so I don’t get naughty thoughts.

Same with me dude. I see the hotness, but then it is hotness like in my little niece.

• dbolt48 says:

Stanger has the hots for his niece😜

dbolt — learned long ago to look away when the “you can’t touch that” thought comes into play. And btw — my niece is a child, but she is going to be beautiful.

• dbolt48 says:

LOL Stanger. When someone looks like they’d be denied access to every prom in the U.S. based on the fact that they look like they just entered 4th grade makes it very easy to move along.

61. Al in MIA says:

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 2m2 minutes ago

Hickey on WRs: You like to have a veteran presence in all the rooms. (Right now they don’t have a veteran WR).

62. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,
    I think at this point the Fins FO will say they may add any position to keep other teams guessing as to the team’s draft strategy LOL.

63. Al in MIA says:

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 3m3 minutes ago

Looking at Laken Tomlinson, love his production, but that squatty style with limited movement isn’t ideal for the NFL. He has work to do

Kenny Dwayne Vaccaro ‏@KennyVaccaro4 · 54m54 minutes ago
    Proud of @qdiggs6 couldn’t have been any smoother transitioning and flipping his hips in drills. Now we wait.

Jarvis Juice Landry ‏@God_Son80 · 20m20 minutes ago
    Too all Troops foreign and domestic, I say thank you… Here’s to Freedom #🍻Cheers

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 8m8 minutes ago
    I really like 4 guards in this class (Scherff, Cann, Jackson, Marpet) so far. Other than that…not much like yet.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 42m42 minutes ago
    Looks like Tre Jackson is working with @OLineWorld65. That’s the best business decision he ever made. LB will fix the weight/conditioning

Lollypops anyone?

Stills is the perfect replacement for Wallace—younger, cheaper, bigger bodied and a similar skill set—and should be an even better fit for Bill Lazor’s offense than Wallace was.

He at least will be able to play two halfs. He ain’t Wallace from a physical standpoint, but I think he’s a better fit for the system.

March 24, 2015 at 3:32 pm

‘This is who we drafted in the 2nd round last year.’

what the hell, why waste the draft pick. dont the fins know jahn is busy becoming a brewmaster.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1h 1 hour ago
    Interested to learn the #Dolphins finished 2nd to the #Seahawks in the Jimmy Graham trade. MIA was aggressive in trying to upgrade at TE.

71. Al in MIA says:

March 24, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Michael Bush from the veteran combine:
    ———-
    I read that on twitter too lol.
    But it’s funny cause Blount would probably run a worse time now than 4.91 40.
    Bush was never considered a speed back (always been a power rusher type).

Paul Dawson could probably catch Bush. lol

I was officially released from jury duty! Have to go to work tonight though. 😦

Found out my friend Jim passed away. He held on in Hospice for over a week after they initially said 1-2 days, just like he survived for over 5 years when he should have only lived 9 months to a year or so. RIP my friend.

What’s up FUers? Just a quick drive by after court today. LOL at our 2nd round draft choice.

I don’t see us drafting a TE. It’s a really weak class. Cross our fingers Cameron is healthy, trust in Sims development and lets see what we got in Lynch.

Listening to NFL Radio on my drive home. Adrian Peterson is a weird dude. He had a 30th birthday party with an Arabian theme where he rode a camel into the party.

Gotta run – Heading to work

God bless Jim. Think up your best stories about him Tim.

March 24, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Paul Dawson could probably catch Bush. lol

dont know about that but i betcha richard dawson caught a lot of Bush

Packing up at the office. Talk to you guys later. Peace.

I hope you are right about the Dolphins knitting a TE

This guy is 6’7 and is quite a redzone threat

Ken
    Your office fits in your bag?

84. Try Pod says:

Condolences Tim. Hate it for you and his family, but really think it was nice for you all to get that time with him.

Sorry to hear about your friend Tim
    Just read your post

Not sure if you people already discussed this or not, and I’m too lazy to look. If you’ve seen it, please disregard it. Looks like Philbin says Dion Jordan is playing DE. Article is on ESPN, which is blocked at work

TIM; Real sorry to read about your friend. Life is so precious.

D-Bolt

Do you think they should have Jordan spell Wake at LDE?

• dbolt48 says:

Yes. I think they need rotate Shelby & Jordan in a way to only allow Cam to play 45-55% of the snaps at LDE.

89. dbolt48 says:

Tim thoughts & well wishes to you and your friends family!

FFR – Seemed as if Bob Crane got a ton of bush. I’d bet Richard Dawson probably did too though.

KEN: RE your comments on tight ends. FAU’s Rob Housler visited the Browns yesterday. He’s a free agent after 4 years with Arizona as a back-up TE. Housler’d BIG (6’5″). he’s FAST for a TE (4.46 40) and he’s only lost 1 fumble in 4 seasons. His stats won’t blow you away (105 receptions, 1133 yards, 1 TD) but, to be honest, Housler labored under so-so quarterbacking during his Arizona years. He just turned 27, so he’s certainly in his prime. If Housler does NOT sign with Cleveland, I’d like to see Hickey invite him here to kick the tires. Rob Housler has the raw speed to go deep. He and Cameron would give defensive coordinators headaches if they were on the field at the same time.

D-Bolt

That makes sense. Seems like Wake gets too worn down. If he could be fresher, maybe he would be more effective.

• dbolt48 says:

Yep. He is hell for offenses early but burns out late. He’s also invisible once a team with a power run game lets their RT beat on him early.

PS: Isn’t Rob Housler’s 40 time (4.46) exactly the same as Stefon Diggs’ 40 time??

OD

Was Housler injured last year? Why 7 games?

Tim, condolences to Jim, may he finally rest in heavenly peace.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Joe Philbin says Ryan Tannehill must develop confidence with new #Dolphins weapons.

BRILLIANT

• dbolt48 says:

Notice Omar left out the part that they need to practice together to get comfortable, but hey let’s try to make it sound like Ryan doesn’t have confidence.

March 24, 2015 at 6:13 pm

D-Bolt

Do you think they should have Jordan spell Wake at LDE?

doubt it, he has a west coast education, they can barely spell cat.

tim

sorry to hear about your friend.

GDP

You can try and screw Rob Housler, but you better be able to run a 4.45 to catch him. lol

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero · 2m2 minutes ago
    Jordan Cameron runs 4.5. He led NFL tight ends with four catches of 40 yrds or more — including TDs of 81 and 51 yards.
    ___________________
    PLEASE STAY HEALTHY!!!

March 24, 2015 at 7:02 pm

I was never clocked in the 40, but I bet it wouldn’t be pretty. Maybe between 18-30

lol mike e. me too. well close, mine would be between 18-30 days

dbolt48 says:
    March 24, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Notice Omar left out the part that

nope, i notice omar about as much as i notice a karslutashian

Mike E, If I ran a timed 40 today I’d look like I was dragging a piano behind me.

104. jetsssuck says:

Sometimes, it’s not really just luck…..
    This story is confirmed in Elmer Bendiner’s book, The Fall of Fortresses.

Sometimes, it’s not really just luck.

Elmer Bendiner was a navigator in a B-17 during WW II. He tells this story of a World War II bombing run over Kassel, Germany , and the unexpected result of a direct hit on their gas tanks. “Our B-17, theTondelayo, was barraged by flak from Nazi antiaircraft guns. That was not unusual, but on this particular occasion our gas tanks were hit.

Later, as I reflected on the miracle of a 20 millimeter shell piercing the fuel tank without touching off an explosion, our pilot, Bohn Fawkes, told me it was not quite that simple. “On the morning following the raid, Bohn had gone down to ask our crew chief for that shell as a souvenir of unbelievable luck.

The crew chief told Bohn that not just one shell but 11 had been found in the gas tanks. 11 unexploded shells where only one was sufficient to blast us out of the sky. It was as if the sea had been parted for us. A near-miracle, I thought.

Even after 35 years, so awesome an event leaves me shaken, especially after I heard the rest of the story from Bohn.

He was told that the shells had been sent to the armorers to be defused. The armorers told him that Intelligence had picked them up. They could not say why at the time, but Bohn eventually sought out the answer. Apparently when the armorers opened each of those shells, they found no explosive charge. They were as clean as a whistle and just as harmless.

Empty? Not all of them! One contained a carefully rolled piece of paper. On it was a scrawl in Czech. The Intelligence people scoured our base for a man who could read Czech. Eventually they found one to decipher the note. It set us marvelling. Translated, the note read:

“This is all we can do for you now … using Jewish slave labor is never a good idea.”

jetssuck

nice story. i just finished reading Unbroken. i am so marveled at that generation yet every time i read a book or story about wwII vets i am left speechless once again. they are not just the greatest generation they are the greatest generation that this world has ever seen.

• Brian in NY says:

That’s next on my reading list. Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII, one in the Army and one in the Navy.

TO ANSWER A PRIOR QUESTION, yes, Housler I vaguely recall missed a few games with an injury last year. Can’t specifically remember what it was. As for his one TD, again putrid quarterbacking at Arizona certainly was a factor. DON’T get me wrong. He’s NOT the second coming of Kellen Winslow, Sr. –But 6’5″ TE’s who run 4.46 40’s are not plentiful. All I’m saying is bring him in and kick the tires. If he beats out Lynch for the 3rd TE spot, he may stick with this team.
    ——-
    Y’all DO KNOW that undrafted John Unitas was once CUT by the worst team in the NFL at that time, the Pittsburgh Steelers. –The Colts gave him a tryout and the rest is history. Same thing happened to an obscure back-up with the Browns, QB Len Dawson who was released by Paul Brown. He, too, became a Super Bowl winner and a Hall-of-Fame QB. –Perhaps someone more gifted than me can tell us HOW MANY undrafted free agents are in the HOF??–Housler, however, was NOT undrafted. He was taken in the 3rd round of the 2011 draft by the Cards.

brian

i really enjoyed it. it was a pretty good read. however, i will tell you, may make you want to hate the Japaneses people. it sure colored my opinion of them.

• Brian in NY says:

I look forward to it. It’s not to disimilar to what most in that postiion would do I’m sure. Our military has committed some heinous acts while holding POW’s.

TOMORROW’s edition of “ABSOLUTE PERFECTION” is the rematch in Buffalo of the Dolphins-Bills game, which the ’72 Dolphins won 2 weeks earlier in a 24-23 squeaker in the historic Orange Bowl. OJ Simpson and his pals (and over 50,000 mostly drunk Bills’ fans) are looking for revenge against our favorite team. I hope each and every one of you enjoys yet another chapter of THE PERFECT SEASON!!!!!!!

jetssuck

That’s a terrific story. I’d doubt the veracity of it though. What are the odds that not only would that bullet hit a plane, but that it would be retrieved, and read? In any case, still a great story.

brian

i am sure there were some in our military who have done heinous acts. there are sick people in all walks of life. however, the difference is they are not sanctioned by our government. besides it is a total insult and slap in the face (not that i think you were meaning it that way) to the pacific POW’s to even say, ‘well our military did it too’. the atrocities they committed were completely inhumane.

MIKE E.; Saw your comments on “spell Wake.” –Reminded me of the Cowboys’ linebacker, Hollywood Henderson’s response to the question “Do you think Terry Bradshaw is stupid?” –He replied “Bradshaw couldn’t spell ‘cat” if you spotted him the “C” and the “A.”
    —–
    Seems a bit hypocritical since nobody accused “Hollywood” of being a Rhodes scholar!

mike e

i wouldnt doubt the story. there were some amazing acts in wwII. hell even in the book unbroken, brian look away lol, even in the book the pow’s derailed a train.

olddolphan says:
    March 24, 2015 at 8:05 pm

lol brian, take that. he told you now didnt he. dont you ever back talk your elders again.

Will admit that when I was a kid I though war, particularly WWII, was some kinda football game…..the ultimate sport that tested men. Read “With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa” by Eugene Sledge and it won’t seem so glamorous anymore (one of the books the Pacific was based on).

And that’s from a guy who didn’t have to try and sleep in zero degrees in a foxhole in Bastogne…….don’t think I could handle that last says the guy who happily moved to Florida.

OD, good points on Housler above….but Zona didn’t try to keep him, now he’s left the TE needy Falcons without a contract…so somethings not real kosher here….IMO.

NOT KOSHER? –Well I’ve been told Housler isn’t Jewish, if that’s what you mean. Still, I say it can’t hurt to invite him down for a workout and “kick the tires.” I’d like to see a real contest for the tight end positions on our team, or at least for ONE of those positions.–GOOD NIGHT TO ALL!!-Talk to you tomorrow. The Old guy is OUT!!

My condolences to you and your friends family brother!

Cameron Wake ‏@Kold91 · 4h4 hours ago
    Breakfast helps me #FuelGreatness even in the off-season, gotta start with a good meal before workouts. @FUTP60

WOW! Can you say pulling Guard?

Iowa OL Brandon Scherff recorded a 7.07 three-cone time at the school’s pro day.
    Scherff also produced a 4.41 20 yard short shuttle. He ran neither at the Combine. The 7.07 would have been good for second best at the Combine since 2006. Just for fun, Scherff’s 3-cone time was faster than WR Jamison Crowder, Dezmin Lewis and just .01 slower than Chris Conley’s. We think a team will see Scherff as this year’s Zack Martin and select him to play guard, even though he could absolutely hold up at tackle. teams like to mimic recent successes of other clubs.

OD, gotcha…thanks for the reply. I think we’ll still see some competition at TE as well as many other spots…EXCEPT QB! 😉

Go Tanny!

My first try at a mock draft. I used Fanspeak. I do not think they are very realistic. Either that or I AM AWESOME. I’m kinda leaning toward the former. LOL

1: R1P14