WHAT WOULD MAKE HULK ANGRY? THE DRAFT EDITION

incredible-hulk

By Dr. Bruce Banner

Well Hulk been taking some time to calm down and do Bruce Banner things. But as April 29 approaches Hulk begin to get nervous feeling. That is day of NFL draft and Hulk been reading some articles by Colonpokey that remind him of all the bad things that happen on draft day. This make Hulk nervous. When Hulk get nervous he start to pace, he start to sweat, he start to turn green, he start to get angry. Hulk now thinking what can Dolphins do at the draft that would make him angry again? This is what Hulk think:

Hulk will be very angry if Dolphins trade down from pick number 14. Hulk think Pick number 14 just about the sweet spot of this draft. This is where need and best player available meet in this draft. The way Hulk sees it is that there are 8 players who can make big impact on Dolphins from day 1. They are Amari Cooper, Kevin White, Devante Parker, La’el Collins, Brandon Scherf, Trae Waynes, Landon Collins and Todd Gurley. Hulk figure that one of those 8 will be there at 14. Hulk do the math, those 8 plus 2 QBs who will be drafted before 14, 2 DTs that will be drafted before 14 and likely at least 2 DEs who will be drafted at 14 means one of those 8 will be there at 14. So whatever Phins do, please do not trade back from 14 because odds of landing an impact player start to go down from there. Hulk no mind if Phins trade up to get impact player but no trade down or Hulk be very angry.

Hulk will be very angry if Phins draft Dorial Green-Beckham, Randy Gregory or Marcus Peters. It’s not that Hulk doesn’t like the bad boys but it’s that Roger Goodell does not like the bad boys. Any one of these guys is ticking time bomb for league discipline. Green-Beckham was dismissed from Missouri after scoring 12 TDs the season before. You have to do some pretty bad stuff to get kicked off team after scoring that many TDs. Randy Gregory goes to NFL Combine, essentially biggest job interview of his life, and tests positive for drugs. He can’t hold it together long enough to get through the combine. He have no self-control and can’t be trusted. Hulk know a thing or two about not having self-control so Hulk know what he is talking about. Marcus Peters is another player who gets suspended by team for numerous team violations. He may have best DB skills in draft but no can be trusted to keep himself in line and on field. Commissioner Goodell just looking for excuses to suspend players these days and none of these guys named here are worth the risk when plenty of other good options out there. Sure maybe they go do well with some other team or maybe they go bust but in any case Phins should not go take chance on them.

Another scenario that would make Hulk angry is if Phins draft Breshard Perriman at number 14. Hulk knows this may get some of you mad and it’s not that Hulk does not like Perriman’s potential but Hulk very skeptical of workout warriors who turn good combine or pro day results into dramatic rise in draft stock. Hulk very skeptical of those types such as Mike Mamula or Darrius Heyward-Bey. Perriman all of sudden run really fast in gym shorts with no one trying to stop him and he suddenly becomes 1st round talent. Hulk looking at his Athlon Sports NFL Draft Guide as he writes this and Perriman is listed as the 14th best WR in this draft and is considered a 3rd to 4th round pick prior to his pro day. His game tape didn’t change, his number of catches didn’t change nor did the amount of drops he had change. The only that changed is that now there was a 40 time listed next to him but everyone know he fast before his pro day. To Hulk the game film more important that his 40 time on one day. This remind Hulk of Teddy Bridgewater last year. He have excellent season but have bad pro day. He went from being a top 5 pick to number 32. However, Teddy Bridgewater had fine rookie season. Another case in point is anyone complaining about Javon Landry’s 40 time now? It drives Hulk crazy when teams put too much stock in pro days and combine and not enough in game film.

Hulk started to get too worked up just thinking about all the things that could go wrong. Hulk just need draft to get her. Hulk definitely angry with new draft format with draft happening later than it used to. Too much to think about for too long for Hulk to take it anymore. Hulk need to go smash something.

Hulk think maybe we need to draft this guy:

Hulk-Takes-The-Football-Field--43363

This entry was posted in What Make Hulk Angry. Bookmark the permalink.

339 Responses to WHAT WOULD MAKE HULK ANGRY? THE DRAFT EDITION

1. naplesfan2010 says:

Great job Hulken.
    I definitely agree. Except for Landon Collins. I do not want him and do not think he will be a star in the NFL, which is what we need. We need some more stars, guys fans know, guys ESPN must admit are stars, and guys the NFL hack writers must acknowledge as stars.

Cool your jets there Hulk. Pet a kitten or something. The draft is still a week away. No reason to get angry……YET. Jeff Ireland is gone And Dennis Hickey After one year Appears to be much better at talent acquisition. Let’s wait and see.
    I was going to say STAND THE FUCK UP But I’ve decided that I do not want to be smashed. LOL

Naples, I could care less about ESPN, Who the fans know And especially the opinions of hack NFL writers. As long as Dennis Hickey gets us some talent that performs at a high level, no matter who it is, what school they came from or in what round I will not be smashing things.

I would take that inside linebacker pictured above in a minute!!

5. naplesfan2010 says:

I really don’t want to get into the discussion about the ex-FSU QB. I really really don’t.
    I will only say that in the rough and tumble world of college boy/girl intercourse, shit happens.
    Sometimes young girls go to parties and do stuff they wish they had not done when they wake up in broad daylight. Sometimes girls have regrets for letting guys do stuff. Sometimes guys push limits too far. They are all teenagers.
    When does drunkenness by the girl become an excusing factor to the guy’s behavior?
    That’s a tough call. If the girl is passed out, it’s rape to have sex with her. If she’s “happy-drunk,” it’s not. In between is … ??? What if she says yes to the one guy she just met, but did not mean the other guy could have her too? What if she was ok with the first 2-3 guys, but then she says she’s had enough when that next guy steps up. What if her reason is “you’re too big.” What if she lets the white guy(s) do her, but decides to stop the party when the black guy steps up.
    My son is an athlete at FSU. People there know what happened, but some of these things are too intensely personal to be discussing in public, especially when both the boy and the girl is neither blameless or flawless.

6. naplesfan2010 says:

Rock I totally agree about not caring what “they” think. My point was that we MUST get guys who are that level of stardom that they pass those 3 tests or else we are not going to get to the Super Bowl. We have plenty of “good” players, but that is an 8-8 team. We need some great players.

Good job Hulk except that now I’m green and pissed off, lol

Athlon? The ones who had Manziel going 3rd last year. Perriman was an unknown early in the process because:
    A) He declared late in the process as he is a Junior
    B) He didn’t run at the Combine because of a hamstring strain

Oy, nevermind we’ll know next week what NFL people think not Athlon.

Hulk knew you would get angry with Hulk’s opinion on Perriman. But that’s okay Hulk appreciates your anger.

One more week to go for the draft
    16 days till the wedding. I’m just glad they aren’t the same weekend. Can you imagine the draft being played at the reception?

Perriman visited the Dolphins yesterday, the last day of player visits prior to the draft.

Dear Dr. Banner; As usual, I find myself agreeing with each and every one of your points. –But to reiterate what Rockphin said, “Cool down, Doc. Jeff Ireland is GONE, although it took Ross 2 too many years to realize the need to fire him (kinda like the need to fire Philbin).”
    —————
    OUR #1 biggest need is a STUD offensive lineman who is ready to go on week #1. –IF Tanny is standing up, we WILL score lots of points. It’s just that simple.
    ————–
    Talk to you fine folks after work. –And, Bruce, get a big blow-up photo of Ireland and put it on a punching bag. You may fire when ready!!

Tanny need to keep hi’damn self upright sometimes too.

12. dbolt48 says:

Damn you Jolly Green Giant!!!! Hating on Perriman. Along with what Son said, the kid produced on the field & improved his 3yrs at UCF finishing his senior year w/ 50rec and 1,004yds and 9TDs after losing Bortles. 2 years in a row he averaged nearly 21yds per catch.

Now go sell some turnips 😜

13. jetsssuck says:

To Hulk the game film more important that his 40 time on one day.
    ———————————
    Hulk is correct about 40 times the only thing that matters if a bear is chasing you and your buddies isn’t who is fastest but if you are faster than the last guy

Sounds like Son is going to have a busy couple of weeks

Good Post Hulk

Piggy think Perriman better than Hulk give credit for

Piggy think Randy Gregory should not be grouped with DGB and Peters. Gregory like weed only, Gregory no hit anyone

Piggy not sure if 14 such a sweet spot. Piggy think 14 might be on the sour end. Piggy think 8-12 are sweet spots.

Piggy think green a nice color though

Texans game running away with the fest vote

Good morning! Nice job Hulk! I think 14 could work, but I don’t hate either of the other scenarios, meaning trading up or trading back. I’m sure we have players in mind who we want, and if they’re not there at #14, but someone else wants someone, I have no problem gaining another pick. I think the talent from approximately pick #15 through about 50 are basically on the same plateau this year, so if we can get another pick in that range, I’d be happy to have it. I’m not locked in either way. If thee’s a guy they really want and move up, that works. If thee’s a guy at #14 we’re happy about, that works. If we don’t like what’s there at #14, and some team wants to move up, I’d be happy with that as well.

Son, it’s those jailbreak sacks on crucial downs that hurt us. All QBs get sacked from time to time for holding the ball too long – no one is open, or a pass rusher has an excellent rush. But when he’s being swarmed and hit by two or three guys simultaneously is when it gets ugly.

There are those too, and some of that may be not getting out of a bad play. I want to believe that a lot will change as we enter Lazor’s second year here. A combination of players more comfortable in the scheme and a stronger willingness by coaches to put the hammer down aka trust the players on the field.

I’m talking about when he hasn’t even set his feet and he’s got guys all around him and nowhere to go and you see OL standing around like sorry I missed my guy.

I know and I attribute some of that to being in a bad play.

• dbolt48 says:

A lot of sacks early in the season had a lot to do with route confusion on the WR’s.

Good job, Ken. I’m not nervous about the draft. I’m more excited because I have no idea what we’re going to do.

Piggy, good Photoshop job on the hulk.

• Try Pod says:

It’s called “Piggyshopping” or “piggyshopped”. Even Jahn knows this, and he’s not here everyday. Come on, man…

Son, who’s getting married?

Son, I get ya on the bad play thing.

Son’s Italian. If he wasn’t a good guy, he’d be missing, noumsayin? lol

Tim, besides being a Bucs fan he is a great young man and we think the world of him. He comes from a great family, he even came and asked for my blessing before he proposed.
    He’s a rookie cop in a neighboring city.

Son

How’s the bar coming along?

Son, you need a kitten to have a bar? LOL

LOL @ Son on Mike being a goof ball. I know, was just busting on it.

I had a friend Sal who always said that (no kitten). I liked that guy, miss him. He used to work here, we had a lot of fun when we worked together.

It’s funny I saw a twitter feed on the Jennings signing and some of the people saying he’s overpaid and we love overpaying for WRs are fuckin clueless. $4M per is not a lot for a seasoned vet who can still play. Maybe they should go look at how much Landry, Stills and Matthews make combined. LOL

Yeah, some are saying we should have signed Crabtree for less. I’m much happier with Jennings.

Try

I don’t think so, I think it just gives us the flexibility that if the WR we want is off the board, we won’t have to reach for a different one, and take the BPA of need.

Man are the pundits ever sucking on the Bills hind tit, Dick sneeze Heath is almost orgasmic for them.

Didn’t know the Hulk played for the Razorbacks…lol. Well done Ken.

So not with you on the trade down though. It would be different if we had a huge gaping hole at a high value draft position but we don’t. Biggest need is still at guard, but that one of the lowest value positions.

Try, I promise no Patsie or stej fan is going to marry either of my daughters.

Funny thing happened a few weeks ago. They have the local golf course set up with large holes for people to go out and instead of playing golf they kick the f’n soccer ball around the course. Well my soon to be s-i-l was going to play there with some of his friends and I heard him ask one of them about bringing a soccer ball. I got in his face and said, “you’re not going to marry my daughter and play soccer golf, I won’t stand for it”. No soccer ball went.

LOL @ Try – My friend Rob loves that scene. He does a pretty damn good imitation of Hanks as well.

35. CaliGigi says:

For Son:

Lucas Brasi-Masculine Child.MOV: http://youtu.be/OgZ60tcT17s

I’ll share the heat with ken on both the inclusion of Landon Collins and the exclusion of perriman. prewitt Collins and tartt are the safeties I hope we get 1 of. CB seems deeper to me than safety I’d take my chances on a CB later. Ideally we could still get Collins with a later pick but as hulk said, you fkurt with missing out on a lot of good players every time you trade back so just go to feel no one is worth that pick if you decided to do that. I’m still hoping its Parker, cooper is a nice dream but with draft a week away probably need to start waking up from it

D – What if our scouts have all the players from about 15-50 rated about the same, wouldn’t it be better to have 2 players for one, if they’re all rated about an 8 let’s say.

Well Lavar Arrington was going through the Giants schedule and predicted them to lose to us so we have that going for us fwiw.

You guys don’t have to worry about jests fans marrying your daughters
    Jests fans only have one type

Here is a pic of the bride if all jests fans

Isn’t she beautiful
    Honestly though, I don’t think she should be wearing white….

Piggy – That is indeed a beautiful bride. lol

40. Al in MIA says:

WC Fest at SD ?
    I’ll bring the baseball bats, chains, and pocket knives. lol.

Linkenbach has started at both G and both T spots during his NFL career. Sounds like he might be our new Nate Garner.

I was thinking the same thing – could be a game day backup if he doesn’t start at G and Fox would likely be inactive. Then if one of our tackles went down, Fox would replace them the following week and Linkenbach would remain the game day backup at both G/T.

Either D was abducted, or worse, he’s still f’n typing. LOL

43. Al in MIA says:

Dbolt,

Agree with what you said about the draft being wide open but to me it just means there is some level insurance on strategy.

The Dolphins didn’t have 3 proven starters at WR (just Landry/Stills) which would have made them desperate for WR in this draft and you don’t find immediate starters unless you draft early.

I think the Jennings signings just means we have starters across the board now at 3 WR positions and as you mentioned already, that means they can go for someone like Conley (comparable to Martavis Bryant) or whatever to develop during the year and phase them in slowly.

I got the feeling 3 weeks ago that the Fins would probably be leaning on CB in RD 1 at pick 14 and none of the recent signings have changed that for me.

I like Trae Waynes but he’s a classic press corner. Marcus Peters has a bad boy reputation (reputations can be misconstrued) but he’s better playing off his man in zone than Waynes IMO.

Remember that Taylor, Davis, McCain and Bowman are all in the mix for one CB spot opposite Grimes. I know McCain is likely the nickel/slot corner but he’ll still likely compete to start. Then we have some long shot guys we’ve been looking at since last year in Heath, Rose and Seamster. I think Aikens will be worked at safety along with Thomas but both of those guys can play as 4th corners in dime as well. Not sure we need to go corner in the 1st.

What about a pointed stick?

I have to say I’m with Hulk on Perriman!

Every year I catch myself changing my players after the combine, only to come back to almost the same thoughts as before the combine at the draft!

Al

Jones just switched from S to CB this year, and he did pretty well.

Mike E, CBS NFL Draft Scout has La’el Collins at #23 now. This also reminds to mention that a linear order can be misleading because someone has to go next. The reality is #12-24 could all be very close and worthy of going anywhere in that range and it just depends on preference.

If you look at NFL.com, there’s a few guys near 7.0, and then so many between 6.2 and 5.6, and if you consider that many GM’s have some of those players rated a little higher or lower, there really is a large plateau of similarly graded players.

Al

I think Trae Waynes might be one of the special prospects of this draft
    You are correct, he is not experienced is zone coverage
    but I’ve always said most great players can play in most systems anyway
    and our coaches can make slight adjustments to the talent

Talent-wise, Marcus Peters is the 2nd most talented in the draft
    and I think the falloff between him and Jalen Collins/Kevin Johnson is pretty steep
    But I can;t imagine drafting a guy like Peters

I’m not sure this defense prioritizes CBs
    most of the elite CBs in the NFL are classic press CBs IMO
    we can get quality guys to play in our system in the later rounds

I like Ifo a lot – but there are also players like Golson, White and Gaines that would be nice fits
    Those 5-9 and below guys should are quality CBs, but there size pushes them down to day 3

I do admit drafting a player like Waynes and then picking up a player like Denzel Perryman later makes me salivate about what this D can be playing with Suh

but there has to be a trade down somewhere int he first 2 round to make picking up a top tier CB and a top tier LB work – b/c I also think we need to add an extra WR

Me thinking about drafting Waynes and Perryman

Combine / Pro-day
    tomato / tomato

Huh that doesn’t come out well when you type It!

I think they’re the same, except for the QB’s. The QB’s do what THEY want to do, it’s all scripted by them, whereas at the combine, the QB’s do what they’re told to do.

I guess there is some reason not to trust the pro-day 40 times
      a lot of inconsistent times
      whereas the combine has an official time

But I don’t think that is a big deal
      some guys are not fast, others are fast, others are speed of light fast
      If some one runs a 4.32 instead of a 4.31 I don’t judge them more harshly…lol
      I don;t really care what the exact number is

Brent Grimes has said press, off-man and zone isn’t really that big a deal because at some point you’re still covering the guy in front of you. It is true that some guys excel in certain coverages over others, but we probably make too much out of it. If you’re a good player you should be able to do all of it.

54. Al in MIA says:
    April 23, 2015 at 11:38 am
    WC Fest at SD ?
    I’ll bring the baseball bats, chains, and pocket knives. lol.

____________________________________

LOL you are thinking of Oakland not San Diego!!!! 🙂

It’s not whether you trust the pro-day times!

It’s just a piece to the whole puzzle!

If you liked him before it just confirms what you thought.
    If you never heard of him it makes you go take a look.

Piggs, you’re going to pieces

Piggy is very puzzling sometimes.

Not everyone is tuned into the draft!

Brandon Howard retweeted

Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen · 3h3 hours ago
    Before #NFLDraft, @TyVarga will defend his thesis on potential Type II Diabetes breakthrough http://americansportsnet.com/yales-tyler-varga-could-break-33-year-nfl-draft-drought/

Yeah but can he pick up the blitz when the TE goes out, that’s whats really important, lol?
      Impressive stuff, I hope for millions of sufferers he and his group are onto something

That’s real impressive, but also comes with a drawback. Dude was pre-med at Yale with a good GPA. He could hang them up and go to medical school any time he wants.

Professor Lou’s guy

NFL Draft Diamonds‏@DraftDiamonds
    North Dakota State running back John Crockett has met with 5 teams – http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/north-dakota-state-running-back-john-crockett-has-met-with-5-teams/

Where is the good Professor? Is he only on twitter these days?

Does anyone know what time the draft starts next Thursday

I have to arrange my whole schedule next week….lol

It always feels like an hour or 2 to get through the first few picks

I think they take forever to officially go on the clock

It drives me crazy that the first team picking takes all the time on the clock

Me watching the first 5 picks

what is funny about this article is ken thinks i am actually going to let him out of my basement to watch the draft.

oh yeah and son’s future son in law is a fucking asshole. (damn buc fans)

Piggs is that the crossfit you do? Beer then tequila, beer then tequila

he Flying Pig says:
    April 23, 2015 at 1:37 pm (Edit)
    Did they change that recently
    I thought it was 15 mins

Its been that way for a while now I think the year we took Jake was the first year that there were only 10 minutes in the first round

son of a son of a shula says:
    April 23, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Hey now, Harsh

lol. son that was nice. you ought to see the things i call my mom for being a die hard buc fan.

and is it just more of can you see piggys piggina in that picture

Piggy, they changed the time for picks in the 1st round from 15 to 10 a few years ago. The 2nd round is 7 minutes and all other picks 5.

ffr, my mother is a patriot fan, where did I go wrong with her?

To her credit though she wasn’t a band wagoner she’s a fan from when they were the local team for us.

For Jahn

son,

thats nothing. that skank of a mother of mine was a fin fan when they were the only team in fla. then the bucs came about and she put the fins second. and she wonders why i beat her every chance i get

If I knew FFRob would check out my crotch I would have wore pants

April 23, 2015 at 1:59 pm

If I knew FFRob would check out my crotch I would have wore pants

yeah right. like you would ever wear pants.

Sweet! Dwight Stephenson will be announcing Dolphins 2nd RD pick (providing we don’t trade it)

Donald Driver is announcing Packers pick, good thing they didn’t pick Greg Jennings.

Gurley and Parker are neck and neck in our poll of who you want to draft

In case you are wondering who the “other” vote is its for DGB. I’m sure we all know who cast that vote….lol

I am the sole vote for Waynes. what can I say, I just think he is the BPA. I want to draft a playmaker though – I just keep finding myself drafting Waynes when I compare himt ot he other options

There’s gonna be at least 5 unhappy people when we draft La’el. Laelol

I would be pretty excited if we DID draft Gurley though. that would mean we’re committing to the run game, and that’s how you play championship football.

77. jahndoh says:

Tim and Piggy,

I’m gonna be a voice of dissent on the scheme fit thing. I think too many fans assume any player can play any scheme not the other way around. When a guy like Brent Grimes says it’s not that big of a deal it’s because he’s an all-pro with years of experience at the highest level. If you think a kid who specialized in Man coverage in college is going to jump right in and be a special player playing zone in the pros, you’re in for a rude awakening.

I don’t personally think there’s much special about Waynes at all, even as a man corner, but even if I’m wrong about that, I have real reservations with the idea that we’d take him, both him AND Coyle would change (Waynes to a more zone CB and Coyle to almost EVER call man coverage) and it’ll all work out rosy. Swimming upstream no matter how you try and massage it.

Michigan State basically left Waynes on an island

Its not that he does not have the ability to play zone
      Its just that he didn’t do it at Michigan State and was exceptional playing on an island

I think in this case there might be some transitioning
      but I don;t see any reason to think he can make adjustments

People don;t want to hear it, but there is no guaranty that Coyle is a part of the Dolphins long term future. I would not draft a guy who played zone over a talent like Waynes just bc one of them fit the current DC scheme

If you don;t think Waynes is anything special the rest of the argument really doesn’t fit
      If a guy is just another player int he nfl – they usually excel in one scheme
      but I think the higher tier of players can excel wherever they play

My bigger concern isn;t the player but the position
      I don;t think we prioritize CBs in this defense
      I don;t think we need Darrel Reavis
      its probably more important to make sure our DL is stout and able to bring pressure on the QB then to have a shutdown CB

But IMO on the list of draft options at 14 that are in the poll – he is the BPA and I would let the scheme keep me from taking the BPA

would nto let the scheme

• jahndoh says:

Last paragraph, unless you feel the BPA is the kind of guy you change your whole defensive scheme around, I would absolutely let scheme keep me from taking that BPA.

For instance, to throw grades out. You have a guy who’s not a scheme fit, but a 6.0 graded player and the next BPA is a 5.2 player. In that situation it might be worth it to change your scheme around. If you’re talking about a 5.4 player and 5.3 player, I wouldn’t be so presumptious as to change my whole scheme. The horizontal board comes into play.

Whether Coyle is part of the long term is irrelevant to me, you wouldn’t take a guy who doesn’t fit his scheme assuming he’s NOT going to be a long term part of your plans, and if you did you have a disfunctional lame duck scenario that’s going to doom you failure.

Maybe he CAN play zone, but I think you’re making a huge leap to say that. He’s proven nothing in the college ranks to indicate that. Also, maybe he IS that special that you change your whole scheme around him. I don’t see him that way, but admittedly I could be wrong.

78. jahndoh says:

Just for the record, I cast my vote for Gurley because I think he’s potentially special. HOF kinda potential….BUT…Kendricks deserves votes in this poll, even if he doesn’t get any. 😛

Son would like to see Gurley/Perriman with our first two picks, I’d like to see Gurley/Kendricks. I believe we’d be adding two pro-bowl players as rookies. Hell, let me get more rosy: I believe we’ll have contenders for both Offensive ROY and Defensive ROY. 🙂

I would take kendricks in the 2nd in an instant
      but I don;t see him lasting that long

I’d be fine with that.
      Piggs I think he’s referring to my trade up scenario where we pick at 14 then move up again into the first and I said take Perriman where Jahn would take Kendricks.

79. jahndoh says:

Son,

Your daughter getting married this weekend? Saturday maybe? My little sis (in-law) is getting married Saturday and I’m the officiant. Brewmaster/Priest. Talk about position flexibility! Put me in coach!

Busted….yes, I was the one who voted DGB! 😉

81. jahndoh says:

Gigi et al. San Diego has it’s share of gangs (being so close to the border, lots of Latino gang activity is inevitable), but in terms of feeling safe at a game, it’s light years better than Oakland.

UNLESS, it’s a SD vs. Oakland game, then all bets are off!

Milwaukee Journal
    Bob McGinn spoke with one NFL scout who noted the Oklahoma staff “vouches” for WR Dorial Green-Beckham.
    “They loved the kid,” the scout said regarding the members of the Oklahoma football program. “

Jahn, no my daughter gets married on May 9th. 16 days away.

Good for you officiating your s-i-l wedding that’s pretty cool.
    Lol @ position flexibility

NFL Media’s Gil Brandt ranks UCF WR Breshad Perriman as the No. 10 overall prospect in this class, with Louisville WR DeVante Parker at No. 11.
    The ranking is only one spot apart, but it is noteworthy to point out whenever Perriman is ranked before Parker as it breaks groupthink. Brandt lists Amari Cooper (3) as the top receiver and Kevin White second (4). Jaelen Strong rounds out the top five at No. 21 overall.

Son

What do we give up to get into the late first?

Well I was saying to go to #15 which would be next years first and possibly more I’m not sure. Moving into the 20’s is obviously less expensive.

Tomorrow – Sonny with a strong chance of bullshit

Jahn

88. Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2m2 minutes ago
    Blog. Dolphins WR Greg Jennings talks more team-first than me-first (departure from Mike Wallace):

I’m sort of hoping the whole wrist thing drops Jaelen Strong into the 2nd

It would be cool to somehow pick up another late 2nd or 3rd rounder and then have a draft like this:
    Waynes/Strong/Perryman (the LB)

Or just trade up and get Kevin White!

Armando Salguero
    New Dolphins WR Greg Jennings says he’d “love” to run more routes outside after spending the majority of his time in the slot the past two seasons.
    Per Pro Football Focus, 66.8 percent of Jennings’ routes came in the slot last season. The slot is Jarvis Landry’s home in Miami, so Jennings is going to get his wish. However, it should only stand to make him less efficient. Jennings averaged 64 catches over the past two years. We doubt he comes close to that in 2015.
    ______________________________
    I think Jennings could be dangerous as other teams get lulled to sleep seeing most targets going to Landry, Stills, & Cameron.

Jahn, your sister-in-law is very privileged to have God himself marrying her. When someone brags to her I got married in Fiji, she can say yeah well God married my husband and I. LOL

Jahn as the officiant:
    Do you (name) take…

Gurley and Parker are still tied with 5 votes a piece

La’el Collins has 3 all of the sudden…but I bet that’s just Mike E on 3 different devices….lol

I voted for La’el Collins too.

Chubby Chasers!!!

jahn

the only thing that matters about the wedding is if her hub to be is a bucs fan. otherwise nobody cares. lol

Guess it depends on what he means by “elite” and “learned,” but this is from Beasley

“They are under no pressure to select a wideout, given their newfound depth at the position. They can take the best player available.

But if they do still target a receiver [if the big 3 are all gone]?

Some say they will take a shot on Central Florida’s speedy Breshad Perriman, who on Wednesday visited Dolphins headquarters.

But a more likely scenario, the Miami Herald has learned, is the Dolphins will try to trade back in the first round — assuming an elite talent at another position doesn’t fall to them.”

97. jahndoh says:

“All we said was we probably make too much out of it sometimes. I did say “It is true that some guys excel in certain coverages over others, but we probably make too much out of it.”

All I said was in the post you responded too. LOL…

It was in response to a general topic with comments by both of you. You both said slightly different things, and I said my thoughts. It’s not that big of a deal. I say this with respect, but you’ve been very defensive to me lately. I’m not trolling you for a fight everytime I post, I’m contributing to a public discussion with my own independent thoughts. Relax!

• jahndoh says:

PS, maybe I read into you response too much. Sorry if so. If that’s the case lets chalk it up to the internet. Cheers!

98. jahndoh says:

“Jahn

You could really say the scheme (issues) fits for any position. QB’s, like Mariota who play the spread offense and never play under Center also have a lot of adjustments to make, but the good ones will, and will quickly. All those DE’s that now may play 3-4 OLB, etc. etc.”

While I agree with all that, I think some transitions are harder to make then others. Turning a 9 route runner into an underneath route runner is one. Turning a press/man corner into a zone cover corner is another. I really think taking snaps from under center is just a reps thing. If a QB puts in the work it won’t be a problem. Mariota’s going top 2 in all likelihood so what I’ve said all offseason, and taken a fair amount of heat for (that there’s not a big gap between him and Winston and that I think he’s #1 pick worthy) will be proven out. (Obviously speculation, the draft will either slap me down or justify me).

99. Try Pod says:

K, I hope Sansa’s not always so stupid.

• jahndoh says:

Seriously. Just caught up last night. Show’s as great as ever. One major flaw. The actress who plays Denaryus Targaryen’s insistence on no more nudity has fundamentally changed the charachter. There’s a scene in the most recent episode where she covers up (presumably after having sex with what’s his name) very modestly while he struts the room buck naked.

The Denryus Targaryen we were introduced too in season 2 (her rise as the mother of dragons) was proud and strong. She would never cover up out of modesty. It wasn’t in her nature.

Ok, maybe I just want to see more of her naked…but I do think her covering up so modestly was a serious plot flaw. Just shoot the scene differently with her wearing a nightgown or something so she doesn’t come off so modest and self conscious.

• jahndoh says:

Sorry, spoiler alert for anyone who hasn’t caught up on GOT yet!

I love this rationalizing your hopes to see Khaleesi’s titties again

I was kinda annoyed at the dude’s butt shot without any Khaleesi action

Also now seems like as good as time as any to point at that the actress who plays Sansa is 19 now and Arya 18

But they aren’t for me
        My new crush is the smirky Natalie Dormer Who is a respectable 33 years old

• jahndoh says:

Wow! She’s 33???? shocking. You have to admit there’s something to the character’s pride that makes it OUT of character for her to meekly and self consciously cover up.

I actually paused it and talked to my wife. She looked weak and deferential. That’s not Khaleesi IMHO.

Jahn, I actually think you’ve been questioning/challenging a bunch of my posts the past few weeks and I find myself having to explain myself over and over like now. I don’t think I’ve been aggressive or defensive in any way. The weather thing I was just having fun and busting your balls.

That said, I’m not offended in any way, we’ve been doing this a long time.

• jahndoh says:

Well I’m going to say we’re both doing some misreading. I think if you took a poll folks would back that I’ve been very lighthearted and deferential in my disagreements recently. It’s all just me wanting to talk football and share my opinion.

• jahndoh says:

I think that’s the crux of my earlier post. A lighthearted disagreement from me is me sharing my opinion, not me targeting you. I directed that last one to both of you because both of you were discussing it.

• jahndoh says:

Also, I thought the weather thing was funny. No sweat. Lets both agree to not read too much into each others dissenting opinions. You never owe me an explanation for your opinion. It’s all yours to have. Cheers!

That’s why I never brought up my feeling that you’ve been challenging me until now because it’s not a big deal. It’s all good. 🙂

• jahndoh says:

Disagreement is inevitable. I always intend it to be respectful and always will. Ok. I’ll stop belaboring this. LOL!

• Try Pod says:

1 LUV!!!

I’m disappointed Daenerys vetoed nudity. I think they need to replace her with Kate Upton.

• jahndoh says:

LMAO I’m going M13 with this response:

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!

Needs Chorizo

Lives to be covered in bacon

I don’t care if its a smirk or a grin

I just want to be her little pork chop!

I just got some good news. The doctor that normally works in my office Thursday evening is taking off next week. That means I get to go home and watch the draft!

I think Margaery’s asymmetry makes her very pretty. It works on certain people.

Later folks, catch up later.

Try

I never watched the Tudors. Was it good?

The Baltimore Sun reports Iowa G/T Brandon Scherff is “drawing heavy interest” from teams in the Nos. 5-9 overall range.
    In order, the 5-9 range is Washington, the Jets, Bears, Falcons and Giants. All five teams have compelling needs along the offensive line. Scherff’s 33 3/8-inch arms are the reason he’s being projected as a guard in some quarters.

It’s amazing that an inch makes that much of a difference. Most tackles arms are about 34.5″. Doesn’t that seem silly?

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Jennings on how much he has left in the tank: “As much as I need.”

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Jennings on Lazor: He and I had great visit. He’s all about utilizing whoever he can. It’s not about targets, catches.He cares about winning

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Jennings on Tannehill: I see great upside. … He wants to continue to get better.

Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP
    Jennings on drafting a Wr in the 1st RD: Nah man, we don’t need one

112. jetsssuck says:

here’s a question for u NYers.I heard that NY has lots of rats where do they go during the winter when you have all the snow.? Do they die off from the cold

April 23, 2015 at 5:19 pm

It’s amazing that an inch makes that much of a difference.

as you know mike it doesnt. but what does make all the difference in the world how you use that inch

‘Sunderland winger Adam Johnson has been charged with three counts of sexual activity with a girl under the age of 16 and one count of sexual grooming.’

ok i knew those english chicks had bad teeth but you have to fucking groom them first. poor UK

Not so good news for Trae Waynes;

Pro Football Focus senior analyst Steve Palazzolo says Michigan State CB Trae Waynes “struggles with change of direction.”
    College Football Focus charting agrees with the opinion. Palazzolo pointed out that Waynes’ 40-yard time was faster than his 20-yard shuttle. “It was interesting to see the numbers back up what we saw on tape,” he said. Waynes surrendered 14.9 yards per completion last year, per CFF charting, and posted three interceptions and three passes defensed, not stellar showings. “His coverage grade was average,” wrote Mike Sando.

116. jetsssuck says:

The usda recently changed the safe internal temp for pork from 160 to 145 degrees.Be careful when eating out. Any sign of pink in pork chops is reason to be concerned.

I too voted for Collins

Bill Cosby and Larry King in an interview back in the day.
    Cosby starts with, “Spanish Fly was the thing that all boys from age 11 on up to death — We will still be searching for Spanish Fly.”
    ———————————
    Cosby: And what was the old – the old story was, if you took a little drop – it was on the head of a pin. And you put it in a drink –

King: That’s right. Drop it in her Coca-Cola – It don’t matter.

Cosby: It doesn’t make any difference. And the girl would drink it and –

King: And she’s yours.

Jahn
    I’ll see your Clipper and raise you a

120. rgs322 says:

Add me to the list who voted for La’el.

JetsSuck

the rats are usually int he subway

they boldly walk on he tracks

I don;t really see any on the street or anything usually
    But in the subway there is not a day when I don;t see one on the tracks
    its gross

During the winter, one of my neighbors was doing a poor job covering his trash for a few weeks
    Everytime I would turn down the street to walk to the buildign where I lived ont he corner 2-3 huge rats would scurry out
    It was disgusting. that was the only time I have ever seen them on the street
    and its nasty.

I think the City hit the building with a big fine b/c they cleaned it up
    but for a few weeks (during the winter) it happened all the time
    I’m not sure they can;t survive the cold months outside

jetsssuck says:
    April 23, 2015 at 5:34 pm

jetssuck. i think most of them move down here and drive really slow in the left lane with their blinker

Rats are very smart and adaptable animals. There are plenty of holes in the walls in NYC and like Piggy said in the subway systems for them to go and stay warm.

jetssuck

I lived in an apartment building on the border of Brighton Beach and Coney Island. In the back of my building was the parking lot, and at the end of the parking lot, closest to the building, was the garbage pickup, and there were always a lot of garbage bags there, as well as larger items, like rolled up carpet that was thrown out, and other large items. One time my wife and I (She was just my girlfriend back then) were walking home from the train station, which was practically right in front of the parking lot. So we walked about 100 yards to the building, and as we were passing the garbage pickup, this monster rat, as big as any tomcat, maybe 30-35 lbs, walks right by us, and not shy either, tough-like, maybe like a Brooklyn hitman! lol

My wife nearly jumped up into my arms when she saw it. I’ll never forget that. I had seen rats there before, but much smaller ones.

LMAO @ FFR!

jetssuck, there isn’t one coyote running wild in NJ, there are many all over the state. The one you read about seems to be rabid though.

I think it’s Wile E.

Bunch of them where my Dad lives in CT. He’s seen them around the house…..and this is suburbia. They found a stripped deer carcass out back. Maybe it died natural and got eaten by the coyotes…..but then reports are their is a new hybrid species from mating with wolves that could do that.

No wolves around here. The only ones are wolf hybrid dogs usually mix breeds with German Shepherds or Malamutes.

The town Norwood where that coyote bit that guy is in North Bergen County close to the NY border Rockland County which was one of my old stomping grounds when we used to cross the border in the mid and late 80s because the bars were open later. LOL

There are a lot of woods up that way so it’s a good environment for them.

Have y’all noticed an increase in the number of Roadrunners in the area? Perhaps they are drawing in the coyotes.

Mike E, I posted a map of North Bergen the town you silly c*nt. LOL

Go north up the river to see where Norwood is a little bit inland to see where coyote land is. LOL

Would be cool if there were Direwolves in NYC…

Not positive, but pretty sure you’re the first person in over 50 years to call me a silly c*nt. lol

It’s a British thing. They use that word like saying you silly fool. LOL

In Led Zeppelin’s movie ‘The Song Remains the Same’ there is a scene at MSG where their manager Peter Grant is berating the promoters for selling illegal merchandise and calls the guy a silly cunt.

What’s up FUers? Busy day which is becoming all too common. I have to do something about that.

I have not been on much but I have to say I am very happy about the signing of Jennings. I still think he is a quality WR. Had 59 catches and 6 TDs last year with a combo of Matt Cassell and a rookie QB.

Mr. Hand, this should give you more wood to play with 😉

ESPN Insider
    LSU OL La’El Collins tied for first in College Football Focus’ pass-blocking efficiency metric.
    He shared the honor with Northern Illinois’ Ryan Brown. You know that we love Collins and rank him as the No. 1 offensive lineman in the class, believing he can stick at left tackle. Here’s the numbers to back up the assertion: Collins allowed no sacks, zero hits and only four hurries on 312 pass-blocking plays. Remember that on draft day when it is suggested Collins could struggle with pass pro in the NFL.

April 23, 2015 at 8:54 pm (Edit)
    LOL — also knows the appropriate time for a piss break.

This is the type of knowledge that a seasoned vet is needed for to pass on to the younger players.

No. 1 rule of taking a piss break, don’t tell anyone you are faking the piss break to get out of practice.
      No. 2 rule of taking a piss break: Don’t tell someone you are faking it when the camera is right next to you.

Nice GDP

Mayock also has Collins ranked #1 for OT’s

137. Try Pod says:

Mcdreamy died, and women cry

• Try Pod says:

Spoiler- sorry!!!
      It never occurred to me that some here may watch it. I am so sorry!!!

I used to watch that show with my wife until I just couldn’t take it anymore. Every time I watched it I felt like I needed a testosterone supplement

Eh, my wife watches, and she told me it was going to happen.

I’m sure she’ll be hysterical when I get home.

• Try Pod says:

My mom watches it, so I called to check on her. She hasn’t watched it yet, so I may have ruined it for her, too. Actually, she said she had it paused on the last 5 or so minutes while she went outside to smoke. She’ll be crying.

As much as I hate drafting another 1st round OL, I could be ok with Collins. I posted before how he reminds me so much of our Brandon Albert who played LG @ Virginia early on.
    Collins could be a LG for us, then possibly slide to LT should Albert get hurt again, or wear down in 2-3yrs.

Absolutely GDP.

That’s the value in the La’el Collins pick. Some might say if he doesn’t start right away he’s a bust pick but when a guy or two goes down and he has to play you’re happy you acquired him. Protect your young QB who is ascending and get the running game going. It’s so important but many people overlook that.

As of now here’s our main offense.

LT Albert/James
    LG Thomas/?
    C Pouncey
    RG Turner/?
    RT James/Fox
    TE Cameron/Sims

WR Landry
    WR Stills
    WR Jennings
    WR Matthews

QB Tannehill
    RB Miller/Williams

I think we could be pretty good as is if some guys step up. But nothing wrong with adding talent through the draft to get even better.

That OG position looking pretty scary and thin. I like Turner’s potential but he is raw. I think the ship has sailed for Dallas Thomas. I think we are in trouble on the OL if he is a game 1 starter.

Wow Linkenbach says “you know” A LOT, its like a vocal period after every sentence.

141. Try Pod says:

Back to GOT. ‘night.

Ken, how has the ship sailed on Dallas Thomas after one season actually playing in his 2nd year? He played a little LG and RG but mostly RT for like 6-7 games. We have no idea what he is as a LG in his 3rd season.

I think people are writing Thomas off way too quickly. Remember Wade Smith who was thrown into the fire way too early at LT under Wannstedt and then went onto be a solid LG with the Texans and also had a pro bowl season. Way to early to write off Thomas.

Agreed, but 2015 would be a good time for him to flash. 2nd year under Benton & Lazor.
      Plus you can’t cut the guy yet, he’s still on a cheaper rookie contract.

Ship sailed because he is not that good. Sorry Wade Smith showed ability from day 1. Dallas Thomas has been man handled from day 1 and it is getting no better. This reminds me of everyone who defended Johnathan Martin. He needs to bulk up. He needs to develop. Almost the same arguments being made for Dallas Thomas. Fact of the matter is that Johnathan Martin wasn’t very good. Neither is Dallas Thomas imo.

Oh yeah, who was Wade Smith’s OL coach with the Texans? 🙂

Wade Smith flashed from day 1. I remember watching him as a rookie and saying he is pretty good. I am still waiting to say that about Dallas Thomas. I keep going back to Johnathan Martin when I talk about Thomas because like Martin I think Thomas plays soft. He doesn’t have that killer instinct line up across from a guy and punch him in the face type of attitude I think you need to play OL in the NFL.

The winner of this battle for Mariota could be disappointed in a couple years.

TFY Draft Insider’s Tony Pauline reports both the Chargers and Eagles are “exploring the possibility” of trading up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota “through the Browns.”
    The Browns have two first-rounders, ammunition needed for the Chargers or Eagles to leapfrog into the top-two picks. (The Browns are also believed to be interested in Mariota, complicating matters.) A league source confirmed to Pauline that the Browns “hold the most powerful position in the draft,” and “the ability to dictate” whether any team can pull off a trade up for Mariota.

I see the Chargers being in a better spot. I am sorry but Phillip Rivers is worth a hell of a lot more than the Browns picks imo.

Would instantly put Metzenbgurger as back up, groom him under Rivers. Smart move for Tenn.

Exactly GDP. I think the Chargers hold that key. Rivers and their no. 1 for the no. 2 overall pick is hard for any team to beat. Even the Browns.

But the Browns can throw in Manziel!?!

I agree Ken, plus Whisenhut likes Rivers & Rivers wants to be reunited with him.

Guess I’m out for now guys. Good discussions as usual.

Alright I need to get some sleep. I am out. Peace to you all.

Mike Francesa on WFAN radio said today he talked to some people he trusts and they said Chip Kelly is trying to figure out any way to get Mariota – they keep in touch as a mentor/student relationship. Francesa interviewed Mariota last week – I missed it. But the Eagles listened in and Mariota touched on the Kelly/Eagles connection.

I’ll try to decipher what Francesa was suggesting because I think he botched it up a bit.

Eagles trade their #20 and Sam Bradford to the Browns (they like Bradford) for their #12, #19 and Johnny Manziel with other compensation involved on the Eagles part?, but that’s the gist of it.

Kelly then uses those picks and/or players to move up to where he needs to go to get Mariota.

The funny thing about all of this is he could end up with Mariota, Sanchez, Tebow and Manziel. LOL

Ken, Wade Smith had a good early start to his career but then had his lunch handed to him time and time again. Saban released him in his 2nd year there in 06. Smith was drafted in 03, OL guru John Benton helped Smith become a top LG at the end of his career in HOU from 2010-13. 🙂

148. Try Pod says:

Man do I hope that Sansa is not always this stupid. She makes me nauseous.

LETS GO METS! Amazin’!

I THINK all of you know this Canadian-born guy is a bit of a hockey nut (otherwise known as “normal” in Canada). –Since moving to Tampa Bay I’ve become a fan of the Lightning. When they got shut-out last game 3-0 at Detroit many thought the Bolts were in trouble, trailing 2 games to 1 in their playoff series with the Red Wings. Tonight, through 2 full periods and almost 15 minutes of the 3rd period, Tampa Bay was STILL scoreless, trailing 2-0 and looking at a 3-1 overall deficit in the series. But the Bolts staged a highly improbable rally in Joe Louis Arena, scoring twice in just over a minute to force overtime!! – – The stunned Detroit crowd seemed to know the game was over. Sure enough, Tyler Johnson score the winner in just over 2 minutes of sudden-death overtime and the Lightning completed one of the most amazing comebacks I’ve seen in playoff hockey in a VERY long time!! –A couple of folks sounded their horns down the street when the winning goal was scored, to the “delight” of neighbors who had gone to sleep.–Saturday night the Bolts will try to take a 3-2 series lead in front of 20,000 crazies at Amalie Arena!! –I’ll tell ya, THIS TOWN WILL BE GOING NUTS if Tampa Bay wins this series!!
    ——-
    This Old Dolfan needs his ugly rest. Out for tonight.

151. Rhino says:

Jahn, Dubs getting asses kicked tonight. 😦

Just Wow!

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly
    · 5h 5 hours ago
    “@not_inventive: sadly, I no longer trust ANYONE to be agenda-free”» you’ve actually made me wonder what my agenda is.

153. Rhino says:

I have no idea how that game happened. down 17 with under 6 to play. my brain is scrambled. oh, and Anthony Davis is a freak.