The Porcine Oddyssey #92: A Squiggly Tail of Pork and Katanas

The Porcine Oddyssey #92: A Squiggly Tail of Pork and Katanas

PiggySkyKatana

Those that know pork, know that the draft is a time for the Samurai to rise.  The Samurai are noble warriors with the duty to protect our Dolphins from the cheaters from the Northern Lands.  They are the wide receivers of the NFL draft.

For many seasons now, the dubious snakes from Foxboro have resorted to loathsome acts of deceit to take what is rightfully ours.

pigSamurai1Despite their blatant acts of thievery, the snakes have slithered their way to numerous trophies.  Their poison runs deep in the blood of ESPN and NFL Network.  While the thieves are praised and their dubious acts ignored, we have been unable to escape their bite

And for many seasons, our Dolphins have failed to bring in Samurai.

NO MORE!

samurai_pig_

Is 2015 the year?  The Oinks may have it that way.  As you walked this morning, did you feel the ground rumble below your trotters? As the wind blew past your snout did you smell the katana?

I did!

RedPigSamurai

Brandon Gibson and Brian Hartline were speared by a naginata in February.  Mike Wallace was soon cut down as well.  It is true that the Dolphins brought in two warriors named Stills and Jennings. But the Katana cuts deep and we need to strike these thieves in the heart!

There are Seven Samurai

JaleenStrong2

The Earth quakes below the feet of Jaelen Strong.  When Strong steps on the field the thieves will bleed tears from their eyes.

Yes, Patriots – you are shaking, its not just the ground below your feet.  Its fear!  The Samurai are here!

BreshadPerriman1

Breshad Perriman, on the other hand, will strike at your heart like a bolt of lightning.  This speedy receiver will take every touchdown you steal back, before you can blink.

You might steal a TD or 2, but Perriman will take twice as he laughs at you.

Alabama v Auburn

Amari Cooper is the master swordsman of the Samurai.  His sword moves like a tornado, slicing the defensive backs in to pieces.

Before the Belicheat can finish his mumble about the loss of Revis, the defensive backs have been sliced to pieces by the tornado.

s1funchess-9The largest Samurai is from Michigan.  He goes by the name of Devin Funchness.  Is he a mountain or a volcano???

Go ahead Cheatriots, send your linebackers to climb the mountain.

They will be covered in lava and reduced to ashes as this redzone threat scores again.

DParker2

Like a deadly Tsunami covering an entire kingdom, DeVante Parker’s wingspan covers the entire field sideline to sideline.

The thieves will look at Biscayne Bay and see a tidal wave rising and rushing at them.  Do not reach for your floaties Tom Brady, you cannot keep your nose above this wave!

NCAA Football: Arizona State at Missouri

Dorial Green-Beckham will make the thieves freeze in their steps like a blizzard.  This tall, speedy deep threat cannot be stopped by anything the cheating Belicheat cooks up to stop him.

Beware Patriots, winter is coming.  You will not be saved by  a snow plow this time!

KWhite1

Just when you think you are safe under the stars above Kevin White rains down on you like a meteor shower.  BOOM!  CRASH!  Kevin White cannot be stopped.  Just give up now Cheatriots.

Or don’t – wait until Kevin White’s katana cuts you in two!

The Seven Samurai are here!

AngryPiggy copy

YOU CANNOT RUN!!!

This entry was posted in The Porcine Oddyssey. Bookmark the permalink.

378 Responses to The Porcine Oddyssey #92: A Squiggly Tail of Pork and Katanas

1. Try Pod says:

Good morning,
    Excellent Pigger. The piggyshopping seems to be at an all time high standard in this edition. The “covered in lava” bit seems extremely painful.

Lol
    Second

3. Rhino says:

Funchess and DGB I want no part of …

LOL @ Piggy

nice job piggy. I could see us taking a WR in the first.

You bring in Tim Tebow as another guy to throw in camp? Maybe they brought him so the receivers can learn to adjust to floating ducks and inaccurate passes. LOL

Sanchez wants to make light of it, because he doesnt want to get hounded by that question every interview for next 3 months. TBH Tebow as long as his mechanics are improved fits Kelley’s system better than anyone on the roster, and if the true intention is to trade up for Mariota makes a lot of sense. Can he be a good QB, i dunno, he has worked with a guy who helped develop Brees and Brady so there is potential for it, but you never know until ya see it on the field. I think Sanchez should worry more than he is, and i think he actually is more worried than that statement lets on. Tebow has mechanics issues, Sanchez is weak emotionally/mentally… thats less “fixable” than mechanic problems.

Tebow isn’t an NFL passer so I don’t think he’s a good fit in any scheme. Too many of his passes are so off it’s embarrassing. I knew watching him in college he didn’t have an NFL arm, some of his passes took forever to get to where they were going.

People get on Tannehill for being inaccurate and he has a 61.9 career comp. pct. where Tebow is 47.9.

I think the whole infatuation of the phins with gurley might be a pre draft ploy. They may very well like him but why announce it to the world?

Nobody in the FO announced anything, it’s that ‘my sources’ thing that reporters throw out there. Teams don’t announce their draft plans ever.

I think it could be a ploy. Better chance to get Parker at 14 is to get a team thats already picking before us or may want Gurley to trade up past us is to make it a real threat for us to take him at 14. It definitely works in our favor either way.

Having said that he also is a world class athlete and probably every bit worthy of consideration at 14,so it could be more than smoke.

Funchess had a bad 40 time at the combine, thats it. I mean if he were to come in for a private workout and put up a good one that pretty much negates the bad view of him. On film he is faster than that 40 time suggests. He to me is more TE than WR but i like the ability to move him around and still feel he is a decent candidate. I would not take him at 14, and i think our needs are too great to take him in the second, but if he were to slip to 4th or we pick up a 3rd and he falls there, then i say he wouldnt be a bad option. Again, 40 time is important but it doesn’t make or break a prospect.

With DGB the talent is there, its just a matter of if you trust his maturity. Shit happens in peoples lives, people do stupid shit and they grow from it a lot of times. I dont know where he is, i have never one on one interviewed him, so i and no one on this blog for that matter, have any clue what the real answer to that question. If his name is called im going to assume we felt he has matured and is capable of handling Miami life without a lot of cause for concern, its really only option we have. If his name is not called and we had the opportunity, then obviously they felt it was too much risk. Im not trying to give the guy a pass for sake of talent, but i am saying no one here has the whole story.

I do feel Jean Sifrin might be Funchess lite, potentially more upside, just very very raw. I also like Wes Saxton but he can be files in same manner, very very raw but i think he is Clay 2.0 comparing him to Clay’s body of work coming out of Tulsa. There are lots of options this year, its pretty exciting knowing there are so many ways to succeed in this draft. Cant wait to see how it all unfolds.

I think DGB’s raw route running skills aren’t a fit for what we’re trying to do this year and his character issues are enough to nix any long-term investment here. I just don’t see him as a fit with this team.

I somewhat agree with that, i think he is kinda Mike Wallace with better athletic ability. I think currently very one trick poney and might take some development to get him to be able to run a fuller tree. I dont know that i doubt his ability to get there but i do think you dont draft a guy like he or Perriman in the 1st with those kind of questions lingering. He would be n intriguing 2nd round option and a no brainer in the 3rd if we were to pick up a pick with a trade back.

D, Gurley has the ability and if he wasn’t coming off of knee surgery he’d likely be top 10. But I’d have a hard time pulling the trigger on on him at #14 if I was our GM. Like I’ve said before unless we becomes a heavy run team I don’t think the value is there.

This could be a possibility as well

“### Pittsburgh offensive tackle/guard T.J. Clemmings, a potential mid to late first-round pick who’s doing a diary for USA Today, told the newspaper that the Dolphins are flying to New Jersey to give him a private workout this week.”

I wonder who went to NJ

I don’t see Clemmings as a possibility at 14
      but maybe after a trade down
      or a trade up from the 2nd round
      but maybe with our 2nd round pick

Top 20 is too high for Clemmings
      but anywhere from 21-50 sounds alike a good spot for him

Of course, if a team just likes him it doesn’t really matter

The thing about Clemmings is he has only recently been spoken about as a first rounder

and just last week a foot injury was discovered

So he was moving up the boards, and then I am guessing, is trending down the draft boards

I guess the big question for teams is whether they like him better than Peat or Flowers

Duke Manyweather‏@BigDuke50
    Look @ Explosion, Strength & Pwr @ POA by La’el. Reason I love Oly Lifts=TRIPLE EXTENSION & he hits it here for a sec

[video src="https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/592693596681314306/pu/vid/480x480/7C8BX_xciALC7o2M.mp4" /]

This is better than any Piggy Poll!!!!!!!!

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins · 48s48 seconds ago
    We need your help picking the 2015 @MDCheer Squad!

Vote Now: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2vp4n

I tend to think the Gurley interest is more about the media attention to a name

I do think he is in a handful of about a half a dozen picks we might make at 14 if we stay there
    The guy is just really talented and is definately worth consideration

• Try Pod says:

We go Gurley if who we wanted at 14 is not available and if we trade down to make his concerns more palatable, imho.

If we end up in a situation where White, Cooper and Parker are off the board
        as well as La’el Collins and Brandon Scherff

then Gurley makes a lot of sense

I even think between Parker and Gurley – Gurley makes sense

Trae Waynes is a bit of a wildcard to me
        I like the player a lot
        but there are questions about a system fit or whether we need to take a CB so early

14. Try Pod says:

From my perspective, the only accuracy issues people get on Tannehill about are his inconsistent deep ball- the rest of his game I don’t recollect hearing much about, whereas Tebow has displayed accuracy issues on just about every aspect.

I think there is a good chance Parker and La’el Collins will be on the board when we pick.

I know the draft starts at 8pm on Thursday
    But what about Friday? same time?

Good job Piggy! The Samurai return!

OK folks, time to get your get questions in for Ask Mike!

It’s now or never, all questions must be in today because I have to get it done today.

Send those questions in for the Ask Mike Pre Draft Edition

NJ1Dolfan@yahoo.com

20. Pick Six Previews ‏@PickSixPreviews
    Most 1st round picks, all-time:
    USC 77
    Ohio State 69
    Notre Dame 64
    Miami 59
    Alabama 50
    Florida 47
    Tennessee 45
    OU 44
    Texas 44
    Michigan 43

There’s a birthday cake Hold My Beer GIF that’s funny but I don’t have twitter to post it. It’s a total fail. LOL

22. Al in MIA says:

Tebow’s velocity is adequate for the NFL however his accuracy is not good of course because of his throwing mechanics + footwork (a captain obvious statement). His shoulders/chest are probably bigger than needed for his size and it affects his flex in his motion.

In a standard system thats a big deal, but in a spread system like Kelley is trying to prove will work in the NFL, not as much. Again i think it completely depends on how improved he is. Lots of sources are saying its significant improvement, but you just have to wonder how accurate the sources are as well.

I’ve seen some really bad floaters from him where some of his passes looked like the DBs could take a lunch break and still break it up. LOL

He had some really nice throws too but ill agree with you he had a lot that were very bad. Again, it really depends on his improvement, but id take a guy with things i could improve on over a dude like Sanchez who crumbles like a wet paper bag at first sign of stress/adversity.

It’s Samurai day
    Not Musketeer day

But if you insist

Clemmings sucked against the talent at Senior Bowl, he didnt just look ok he looked bad., and from what i have heard has not impressed in workouts. I would not think he is a round 1 or 2 target for us with other comparable talent out there like Tomlinson, Marpet, and Humphries all being potential targets for 2nd round.

April 27, 2015 at 10:20 am

—————————————
    Your statement to his accuracy in college is wrong. Dude had a 67% completion percentage in college with 88TD’s to 16 ints. In NFL its a different story and he had different results when trying to play in the pocket. In Kelley’s spread system though it will not matter as much, though i will say he would have to be improved as is being reported he is for him to be able to play in the NFL even in that system.

I posted his NFL comp. pct. He got away with a lot of ducks in college because of the talent on his team. I saw him play a number of times, I know what I saw.

Bet you didnt see him near as many as i lol…..just saying man. Im not blindly pumping him up, he was a lot better in college and its partially because the team was set up with the right players around him but it was also because he seemed to have more confidence in college than when he hit the NFL. I think as much as a strong person he is, the shit about he sucks coming from everyone def got to him. Biggest point i have to how good he was vs how much talent made him look better…. his senior year, year he no longer had Harvin and he had limited talent around him, he had his best completion percentage year. Again, if you want to talk about his ability against NFL talent, we are closer to the same conclusion, he will have to be significantly improved to complete, but if we are talking college, we can agree to disagree…i watched every game, every year, that’s my team and i feel much more well versed on his ability in college.

26. Al in MIA says:

Btw,
    I got to see some of the Gruden QB camp stuff this weekend while doing some things around the house and came away impressed with Bryce Petty’s personality and character. Seems very humble and jokes around but he remains pretty competitive. He was telling Gruden something to the effect of “I’d rather not hear people tell me what a good job i’m doing (pat me on the back all the time) rather just get to the point and tell me what my weaknesses are so I can work on them”.

• Al in MIA says:

I always like a straight shooter and people who aren’t butt hurt by comments from them.

Did you see the loose ball shit though? He and Mariota really dont protect the ball well at all.

• Al in MIA says:

Yes, Mariotta being a high draft selection, that is scary. Petty seems to be aware of it (as Mariotta) but I just like Petty’s demeanor. You got to keep guys loose sometimes in rough games and it seems he can do it and is a willing learner.

27. Al in MIA says:

I hear ya, he does throw ducks at times but that’s because of his mechanics (release point during his hip turn etc). Arm strength to me is just what it means, how hard can you throw it without stepping into your throw or turning your hips (just pure arm strength).

Let’s just say he struggles to throw the ball consistently. 🙂

• Al in MIA says:

I’ve seen Manning (both of them) throw a few ducks as well (point of reference) lol.

• Tebow succeeded in college cause he was the size of a LB playing QB and ran over people, never remember thinking damn he throws the ball good. Can’t question his character or enthusiasm – he was a proven winner but it’s pretty clear he will never be a decent NFL QB – IMO.

D, I don’t know enough about those OL prospects head to head to pick one over another. I also don’t know how our FO has them ranked.

I dont see him as better than Humphries and he compares better to him than the others who are pretty much just OG prospects.

Humphries seems to have a chance at going in the 1st round. I’ve heard a lot of buzz about him for weeks.

Also Tomlinson doesn’t really fit our ZBS scheme as he’s not very athletic, more of a power player and the same with Cann.

29. Al in MIA says:

Clemmings I guess has the attributes one looks for in a ZBS type lineman.
    He had the 2nd best shuttle time & 3-cone of any of the top 10 rated OT at nfldraftscout.com
    Only Jake Fisher was better in these drills.

30. Al in MIA says:

Any of the PSU/Big 10 guys here high on PSU OT Donovan Smith?
    He seems to move well for a guy who weighed in at 338 lbs.

O-Line, boyz and girlz, O-Line is need #1. –I could live with Gurley in round 1 and O-Line in round 2 but I’d PREFER O-Line round 1 and DB in round 2. –Last year Hickey realized our O-Line was an Ireland Train Wreck and he DID SOMETHING about it. –But the work is STILL TWO men short of completion, and that assumes Albert CAN come back and perform at his old level for GAME 1. –SWO-O-O before you get all excited about drafting an injury prone running back, just remember what Hickey did LAST YEAR.
    ——–
    SNUCK HOME to see Mrs. OD at lunch. NOW back to work where posting on this site is forbidden. Talk to you tonight after work.

I don’t think we should write off Thomas and Turner but nothing wrong with competition. We also don’t have to draft OL in the 1st round.

D, Tebow was a great college QB like many others who were not NFL material. That’s all. We’ll see if somehow he’s corrected his technique and looks like a different QB. I doubt it but we’ll see.

• Al in MIA says:

I’m with ya though the NFL has seen crazier things happen like a guy bagging groceries having a near HOF career LOL. Or Rich Gannon, a career journeyman who had a magnificent late career run. I’m not banking on the latter by any means lol but perhaps someone such as Kelly who’s got an uncanny style can get some use out of him.

I thought about both Warner and Gannon when posting that. However I’m not confident we’ll see that from Tebow.

33. Al in MIA says:

OD,
    I love ya enthusiasm as always but I always prefer to go cheap on OL. My point is that if you have to draft an OL very high to get it right, you aren’t a very good GM and should be out of your job. OG are cheaper than OT in value by default and should be taken outside of RD 1 whenever possible. I don’t think it’s dire straits for Miami at OL, as it was last year, so I’m willing to see what happens in later rounds. I’m a huge fan of Marpet and he likely can be had in the 2nd. I’m pretty confident that Turner will secure one of the OG spots. There has been some additions already of veteran guys to plug holes at OG.

Our OL was put in very difficult position along with having our young QB in 2013. Don’t even look at prior drafts with 1st round picks on the OL, it doesn’t matter, we needed to revamp 90% of it and didn’t have the time to develop a bunch of mid round OL. Maybe we can start doing that this year with some prospects but we still need another quality OL in the mix.

34. Al in MIA says:

Gigi,
    Good points on Tebow but the size thing doesn’t hold much weight when the people he was going up against were guys like Patrick willis who are elite players at their positin in the NFL.

• Al in MIA says:

You can only measure someone by their peers. That Tebow was able to bulldoze people in the SEC was a good measuring stick as to what he could do in that aspect vs NFL players. As a QB, you can’t really throw well with a bruised shoulder (you can play through those kind of injuries at another position) so it goes without say that nobody wants to see their QB take on defenders straight up at the NFL level.

As a runner, that’s kind of what Gigi was saying. If he’d ever work on being a FB/H-back he may stick around in the NFL but he doesn’t want to be that.

• You honestly think his size was not a big factor?! That sounds wrong ut you know what I mean lol. I sure do – he was big, strong & quick and saw him run over many a defender in college. I love him as a person and what he stands for, just think his style is difficult against guys way bigger and faster now.

35. Gino Torretta was a great college QB who also won a Heisman and could not succeed in the NFL — some guys play in the perfect system in college but just can’t make the leap and be great players in the NFL.

I remember seeing Torretta live at a game at the orange bowl with my buddy who was a die hard canes fan

and we both just knew, he wasn;t going to succeed on the next level

those Canes teams he played for were loaded with talent everywhere else

it happens all the time – great college QBs that can;t do it int he NFL
      The QB position is so odd that way.

36. Al in MIA says:

I hear ya and OT was addressed. You can always find some unathetlic OL or veteran whos lost a step to go play inside at OG but you can’t do much if your OT can’t stop edge rushers. You are toast as a unit.

I think we’re headed that way with guards but Albert coming off of knee surgery throws a monkey wrench into it again.

37. Al in MIA says:

Gigi,
    The problem with Tebow in the NFL isn’t the loss of size advantage but rather his inability to be a passer. It’s like a guy in the NBA who can’t shoot worth of crap but is a good driver. the defense plays back and dares them to shoot and beat em that way. At the NFL level, Tebow’s targets arent wide open as they are in college or does he have as much time in the pocket to find them thus teams can scheme around making him 1 dimensional.

Steve Walsh was a very good college QB but was destined to be a backup in the NFL

39. convict says:

Hi – haven’t had time to stop by recently. This is going to be the first year since 1993 that I haven’t watched the first round of the NFL draft. I’m going to be in Chile for business and they don’t have ESPN at the Marriott. Ugh.

I’m kind of surprised that we haven’t picked up the option for Tannehill yet. Isn’t the deadline this week?

My surprise pick for the 1st round – Shane Ray. he’s sliding because of injury, and given the Dion Jordan news, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go with a pass rusher. I think Gurley is a smokescreen for potential trades… and I don’t see us going WR in the first given we effectively used a 3rd on Stills.

• Al in MIA says:

Stay away from volcanoes, ok? 🙂

Good to see you Convict. Chili’s doesn’t have ESPN? LOL

• Al in MIA says:

Norm: Really? Where would I have seen your work? Pat Healy: Well, have you been to, uh well, let me see… Santiago, Chile? Norm: Twice last year. Which building’s yours? Pat Healy: Are you familiar with the soccer stadium? Norm: Did you build the Estadio Olimpico? Pat Healy: No, just down the street the Celinto Catayente Towers. It’s quite a fine example, in fact. I recommend that next time you’re up that way that you drop in and take a gander at it yourself.

I feel for you Convict, but one thing I am sure of is that they see Tanny as the future unless he goes all diva in his demands. Part of it may be the Suh contract. The way it is structured they might be better off signing him later.

40. Al in MIA says:

You don’t need to mention Geno Torretta who i remember seeing (he always looked average to me), there are plenty of examples of QB who couldn’t throw their way at the NFL level lol.
    Let’s look at recent history -> Sean Mannion, Landry Jones, Graham Harrell, Kellen Moore, Kevin Kolb, Colt Brennan, and on and on and on.

You’ve got to have special talent to be an NFL QB. One of the toughest positions to play in sports.

• Al in MIA says:

It takes a bit of luck to find a special one as well which is why teams just keep trying despite a very high fail rate.

• Al in MIA says:

One of the things that I liked about Gruden QB camp with Petty is how he got talking about protections and what defines a QB in the NFL is how he handles them (understands them). He showed Rodgers as an example of a guy who has mastered it.

Al, have you ever been up close to watch an NFL QB practice toss or a baseball player which I’m sure you have? The velocity is such a different level than anything you’ve ever seen. Just like when you realize how big and strong NFL players are.

I remember watching Daryl Strawberry practice throwing in the outfield before a game back in the mid 80s and he was winding up like a pitcher and throwing frozen ropes from right to left field. It was insane.

• Al in MIA says:

Yep, when my father had season tickets to the Marlins, my brothers and I used to go early to the games and watched the warm ups. The accuracy on display during those sessions were ridiculous. Game situations of course don’t allow you to set up correctly so things are affected but its great watching live.

Al, Rodgers does some sick shit in the pocket where you think he’s going to be sacked two and three times but keeps dancing through the craziness. Sometimes he does end up getting sacked anyway, but he has elite feet.

LOL @ Al on Something About Mary – “No, just down the street the Celinto Catayente Towers.” LOL

44. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,

Samurai’s lol.

Pig — that was beautifully written…..one of your best ever. I’m sorta rooting for the smaller sword in the belt rather than Katana, but that was so good I hope the big slicer is what we go with.

Al, PSU OT Donovan Smith is Pee Eww from what I’ve read up on him. Attitude problems, work ethic issues. I think I’d pass on him.

Speaking of good college QB’s struggling to make the NFL. Ouchy!

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan admitted he has received no offers for QB Kirk Cousins.
    Cousins annually thinks he has a trade market and the NFL annually tells the Redskins otherwise. He ended last season behind both Robert Griffin III and Colt McCoy on the depth chart. Cousins will be a free agent after the season.

Just read someone was saying Jordan to Eagles for a 5th rounder…. now that would make me pissed. He doesnt have a ton of value but he has more than a 5th round pick value lol. He is worth at least a 3rd, and i personally feel to the right trade partner worth a mid-late 2nd. Id really like to see us try for a 2nd and settle for a 3rd if we have to.

To be clear that was a suggestion not a rumor and not an this is happening thing

D — seems it is impossible to know exactly what he is worth to Hickey and Philbin without the back story on why he didn’t show up at the voluntary workouts. It’s sorta like with Wallace not so long ago.

If he was told not to report to voluntary workouts, then they already have trade partners lined up and they know why he is being held out, possibly requested it.

Ah, The positive vibes that go hand in hand with the offseason. Hope.

Now with somebody from the HDS please come along and shit on his parade. Thank you.

LOL

A guy id like us to take a chance on with a later pick is Jarvis Harrison. I think he could easily be this year’s Seantrel with all arrows pointing to NO, but potentially could get his shit together and turn out to be great. He has everything you would want from a OG, highly agile, nasty demeanor, just seems to have motivational issue that might be able to be overcome.

And he likes Basketball more than Football?
      Heart is not in the game?

That is the hearsay?

I dont know i heard the basketball over football thing but i have heard he has motivational issue. I also have heard that since i started looking into him WAY back. I dont doubt the rumors, i just dont know if he has not heart for the game as you have said or if its just he hasnt ever approched it with the passion you need to make it your profession. Maybe he is just young immature and doesnt take shit seriously yet. Thats about how i saw Seantrel last year, and he seemed to actually turn out pretty decent.

Hickey has mentioned so many times that passion for the game is very important so I’d say no.

D, unfortunately Jordan’s value isn’t real high right now and getting something for him and getting rid of his contract is likely more of the motivation than getting high value. This regime is purging Ireland’s moves and going about it in another way.

Rockphin says:
    April 27, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Ah, The positive vibes that go hand in hand with the offseason. Hope.

LOL

53. convict says:

D – I don’t know if Jordan has any value at this point. No way a DE who hasn’t produced much on the field, has been suspended twice for drugs, and seems to have issues with motivation will fetch a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Depends on the trade partner. I agree its low but he also has something rookies dont have and thats game experience, and he has had a chance to adjust to speed of the game. A lot of things like play time can be explained away as who we had in front of him, but i do agree with your point and have made it myself, but i think we could wring a 3rd out of someone like the giants, atlanta, or even Philly as they probably have a higher motivation to make that trade than most.

D
    Just to be Clear I have always liked Harrison’s Play!

I just can’t see drafting ANYONE that has motivational problems!!!!!!!

Do the homework Hickey!!!!!!!

I’ll take another couple of questions for Ask Mike’s Pre Draft if you’ve got any.

NJ1Dolfan@yahoo.com

Thanks!

just remember what Hickey did LAST YEAR. ——–SNUCK HOME to see Mrs. OD at lunch.

That mother fucker! To think I used to like him before I heard this! I can’t believe Mrs OD Would do that to you!

HA! JBB my friend

April 27, 2015 at 1:36 pm
    ———————————
    Im on same page with Hickey there i like that out of players, its why i like Hardy and Tartt so much, but if we hd a 7th or even using a 6th on a guy like that is a good trade off risk/reward,

D

With ya on Harrison. You probably remember I really wanted us to take a flyer on Seantrel too.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL · 4m4 minutes ago
    My #Dolphins pick is in. It’s Louisville WR DeVante Parker at No. 14. Agree or disagree, Miami tweeps?

Depends on who else is there . . .

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL · 1h1 hour ago
      Correction, the NFL Nation Mock Draft will air on ESPN at 1pm ET. I’m picking No. 14 for the #Dolphins, and I’m going best available player.

If the rumors are true that Kelly is trying to maneuver to land Mariota, he won’t be able to trade for Jordan and offer anything of value to us.

Al in MIA says:
    April 27, 2015 at 12:42 pm
    Piggy,

Looks like Armageddon RT @MichaelDeMocker Photo: Lightning strikes over #NewOrleans pic.twitter.com/lqIbnoDg8y

— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) April 27, 2015

Samurai’s lol.
    ——————————————————-
    Its nasty as fuck over here. Weather is really bad. Had a regatta over the weekend turn fatal when a storm snuck up on the area and caused some capsized sailing vessels.

April 27, 2015 at 1:33 pm
    NJ1Dolfan@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    ———————————-
    Translation — Help the helping hand that is always there for you. 🙂

Only person id rather have more than Parker at 14 is Cooper.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly · 3m3 minutes ago
    “@JamesWalkerNFL: My #Dolphins pick is in. It’s Louisville WR DeVante Parker at No. 14. Agree or disagree» booooo. Todd Gurley.

I wouldn’t slit my wrists over this one!

14: R1P14 RB TODD GURLEY GEORGIA
    47: R2P15 G LAKEN TOMLINSON DUKE
    114: R4P15 CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU OREGON
    149: R5P13 WR TONY LIPPETT MICHIGAN STATE
    150: R5P14 S DONALD CELISCAR WESTERN MICHIGAN
    191: R6P15 ILB BRYCE HAGER BAYLOR

D, I saw that about what happened in Alabama. Very sad.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 5m5 minutes ago
    State of Florida told DJ Williams’ attorney, Jonathan Simon, it will not pursue charges against FSU CB for DUI he was arrested for April 3.

getterdone says:

April 27, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Many think WR Lippett will be converted to a CB.

_______________________

He played both ways at MSU
    He’s a decent CB
    But he is a reliable WR that will go up and get the ball!!! 🙂

wow, reached an all time low here, now getterdone is begging david to come to this site

April 27, 2015 at 1:33 pm

why? no one cares about what you say we all just care about the BOTW

Most recent Walter football mock has this for us
    Trae Waynes CB Michigan State
    Bedarrick McKinney. LB Miss State
    Stefon Diggs WR Maryland
    Rakeem Nunez-Roches DT Southern Miss
    Reese Dismukes C/G Auburn
    Tray Walker CB Texas Southern
    ——————————————
    This draft as bad as they have had previously. I still dont like the Waynes over a few other position picks like Collins OG/OT, or even Collins S. I def dont like doubling up at CB, considering we have two young guys right now. Other than that its not an awful draft. Diggs in the 4th is pretty good i think. Dismukes in the 5th also not bad.

I saw where several teams now have CB Kevin Johnson ahead of Waynes, then there is Jones, Peters…but could just be draft smoke.

Tim, I don’t think there is a family connection to Ronnie Lippett of the Pats.

73. For Rock:

Thomas ‏@nashmax73 22m22 minutes ago
    No matter what @MiamiDolphins do Thursday night, much of #DolphinsTwitter will be all…
    [video src="https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CDnfxD8WEAEw-Ln.mp4" /]

LOLOL JUST MESSING WITH YOU!! — HICKEY DID GOOD LAST YEAR AND HOPING HIM & TANNENBAUM GET US THE TALENT WE NEED TO SUCCEED!!!

DUI charges against Florida State CB P.J. Williams have been dismissed.
    Per NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, “signs of impairment claimed by the officer was not corroborated on video.” It good news for Williams three days before the beginning of the draft, but the damage to his stock may have already been done. Williams seems more likely to come off the board on Day 2 than Day 1.
    _____________________________
    He got beat for a TD covering my boy Darren Waller. 😉

Charlie from Walter football had this as his mock
    Devante Parker WR Lousiville
    Denzel Perryman LB the U
    Jeremy Langford RB Michigan State
    Lorenzo Doss CB Tulane
    Marcus Hardison DT ASU
    Shaq Mason OG UWV
    —————————————
    Also not a bad mock, i still not sure about how i feel about us using limited picks on DT where we are pretty solid.

D, btw, Shaq Mason is out of Ga Tech, not UWV.

My bad you are right, i forgot the dude that was from UWV, but they have a prospect there too that was someone i looked at early on.

This is an interesting take and even if not covering it heavily like in sporting events when they refuse to show a guy on the field etc. so not to give him attention, does anyone think the media would do what’s in the public’s best interest?

Off the subject a little but there are two juror who are at least alternates that we found to have ties to Columbine. One of them was a relative, to a person who was there when it Columbine occured, the other went to prom with a girl that was killed there. I hope thats been corrected, because its shit like that that opens the door for mistrial.

Rob – But another question or two adds to the drama of adding another second or two that it takes to scroll past the questions to get to the babe of the week.

OK, I want to finish up the article, so if anyone has a last minute question they’d like to add, send it now please.

ASK MIKE

NJ1Dolfan@yahoo.com

LOL @ Gigi! So true baby!

Guys & Admins, it looks like PayPal is splitting from Ebay and also updating their terms of agreement policies.
    Be careful if you use PayPal.
    _______________________

Amendments also include a new paragraph in section 1.3 about intellectual property, which clarifies the rights of the PayPal Group to utilize content that you upload with the use of the Services.

“When providing us with content or posting content (in each case for publication, whether on- or off-line) using the Services, you grant the PayPal Group a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future,” PayPal states.

D, you might mean the OG Glonkowski I believe. He looks like he’s got good late round potential.

Mike E’s Son: Mom… Dad’s lighting himself on fire again!
    Mrs. E: Oh geez, who did the Dolphins pick?
    Son: Uhhh… I think a blocking TE or something.
    Mrs. E: Damn, that’s why! Mike!!!!! Do you need the hose?
    Mike E: No, let me burn.

That monkey thing was awesome! LMAO!!

for Mr. Hand and his burning desire.

mike

what you should do is just post 4 or 5 BOTW’s and answer just one question.

Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham “will be great or a zero in the league,” according to NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein.
    “Questions of maturity are real and could torpedo his draft stock more than some think, but what should also concern teams is that the year of football he missed last season puts him behind in his education in the game at that position. He will be great or a zero in the league in my opinion,” Zierlein wrote. While some teams have DGB crossed off their list in the first round, it’s possible that his upside may be too hard to pass on, if he drops to the second round. The Chiefs, Dolphins, Vikings, 49ers, Rams, Titans, Ravens, Bengals and the Cowboys have had DGB in for pre-draft visits.
    ______________________________________

Good to know the Phins at least had him in for a visit to talk etc. Will be interesting if he’s around @ #47, but I doubt it. I think it’s very likely that Seahawks grab him @ #31.

Saints could also get him with the 2nd pick of their two 1st round picks. They did lose a big man in Graham.

Remember Randy Moss was considered a top 10 talent and fell to #21 so DGB could easily fall into the 2nd rd.

The Seahawks don’t have a 1st, they traded it to the Saints for Jimmy Graham.

Doh, that’s right…I was thinking that too. Guess I read where the Seahawks will take him if he’s sitting there with their 2nd pick. Lord knows they got all the defense they need…lol

GD, I think teams will feel a lot easier taking a shot on DGB in the 2nd then in the 1st.

“Great or a zero”

Doesn’t sound like a guy you draft at #14

LOL, zero also tells me great is doubtful. Maybe good.

Nah i dont think it says that, i think it says, if he doesnt get in the way of himself he can be great. Thats what i get from the zero or hero statement.

If you’re swinging for the fences ya might.

Agree, but i will also say listen to this interview and i think you can hear regret in his voice and a real desire to move past it. He isnt the most eloquent guy, but he also doesn’t come off as a hood.

Id be careful with when i picked him up but i also think he seems like a guy worth taking a chance on.

Tannehill has reason to be excited about the upcoming season, considering he has gotten better every year he’s been in the NFL.

His completions, attempts, completion percentage, passing yards, touchdown passes and passer rating have gone up each of the past two seasons, and the hope is that he can continue on the same path in 2015.

“He’s obviously made a lot of progress in his first three years here with the ballclub and we want that to continue,” Head Coach Joe Philbin said. “A gradual development in all areas. The good news for all of us, be it coaches or players, there’s room for growth and development. None of us are perfect. We have all things that we do well. We all have things that we need to improve upon. The great news about Ryan is he’s not afraid to go to work. I think his example will be priceless for the offense and the entire football team.”

getterdone says:
    April 27, 2015 at 4:25 pm

what the hell does he know. randy has already told us tanny sucks, end of story

D

It’s not only about his character, it’s that he doesn’t have a lot of experience, and he also played in that Mizzou offense, and we had another big fast guy that was productive in that offense, but couldn’t do squat in the NFL. I’m leery.

Good point. no more Mizzou receivers, no more Oregon DE’s, & no more KState running backs. 😉

No USC WR’s ….seriously though, impossible to compare him to Egnew, .. I can without doubt say DGB is not Eggs….

I don’t think we have to worry about it because If we did pick him it wouldn’t be until the 4th rd if he slides and even than I don’t think so.

Leery is why you dont take him in the first, im actually kinda there with Gurley as well, and Peters and a few other players. @nd round is a good place to take guys with huge upside but leave you with a leery feeling. Now if that leery feeling is more a vote of no confidence, thats stronger that beeing leery and it just makes that player not worth it. If Gurley is a red-shirt prospect, no way i take him in the first…0, if he is questionable even after that, kinda how Lattimore was, id be thinking more 4thish.

93. Al in MIA says:

Going back to the Something about Mary scene earlier, I was thinking of these lines when Convict talked about Chile….
    [Norm]: I mean, I’m a fucking fraud.
    I’m no architect. Don’t be a putz, man.
    Who’s been to Santiago, Chile, twice in one year?
    I’ve never even been in Jersey!
    OK, OK. Just take it easy.

94. Al in MIA says:

Love when some analyst goes “Great or Zero”…That’s every prospect LOL

• Al in MIA says:

Makes no sense either for DGB as his issues aren’t on the field. He will produce when he’s on there like Pacman Jones did when he wasn’t out shooting up the club.

Despite everywhere I read his routes are horrible and doesn’t use his strength the way you think he should?

We’ve seen big, fast come through the NFL doors before and not do a thing.

I hate it when the gm’s say we want to draft a player that loves football.

Which player goes through the draft process and says “I really hate playing football, please draft me”

Hickey was asked about it at the presser. They find that stuff out through the grape vine and on tape. Does a player play the same way when he’s up 37-0 as he does when he’s down 37-0.

I mean i guess if you just take everything they say without much other thought put into it, but sometimes a lot about what they say about other things actually tells the real story. They arent asking dumbass questions, they are strategic and tell them a lot about a person personal makeup and how it applies to their profession. Also it shows on film, how hard did they play every down, including the ones away from them. How hard did they play ST’s, how much did you see them out the pumping up their teammates, what leadership roles did they take on.

96. Al in MIA says:

Fair points on DGB but people rating his ability aren’t knocking those skills but rather his ability to be available (off the field concerns, causing problems with coaches, teammate issues, etc).

97. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    Egnew never lined up against quality CB on a regular basis as DGB did.

98. Al in MIA says:

I like DGB but I really don’t see him as a system fit for what Miami wants to run.

That’s surprising. Why?

“Washington picks up 2016 option on Robert Griffin III’s contract”

GD, I would be shocked if we drafted DGB in the 1st and then I would root for him and hope for the best. LOL

D,
    I guess this is the question that’s coming up regarding Dion Jordan. There is a lot of talk that he doesn’t like to play football. I’m sure the phins did their due diligence before they drafted him regarding his desire to play football.

My point is people change. Maybe a player had football as the most important thing in they’re life during the draft process then shit happens.

102. Al in MIA says:

Everyone’s skills are being knocked under your criteria lol. I can find people talking crap about every single prospect. Every reputable scouting service out there has DGB as a top 20 player on skills/production alone. This whole “wild card” comment on DGB from Cosell was based on DGB off the field problems…Here’s the quote from Cosell:

“If Green-Beckham was clean off the field he’d be a top 10 or top 12 pick. “

I can tell you when he was at Mizzou, prior to his suspension i had him on my list of dolphin hopefuls for future drafts. Only reason im of different mindset is he did do something that does bring into question his maturity, and though this draft process if i were able to ease my mind about that id be confidant enough to draft him wherever i saw fit. I personally have confidence he should be given another chance but ot confident enough to pick him in the first, therefore to me 2nd round if we dont have a better selection lined up.

That’s why I got a man crush on him early on. I know he’s not an ideal scheme fit, off field issues, missed a year, etc.
      But man, when you watch his film, teams find it hard to contain him. Especially in the dare I say it, yes, the end zone. 🙂

103. Al in MIA says:

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 13m13 minutes ago

#Marlins cut Saltalamacchia, on hook for remaining $14.2 million on contract http://fw.to/65qK6FV
    —-
    Wow, lol.

Boulder, I’m not totally sure but for some reason I thought South Beach wasn’t Dion Jordan’s scene.

BoulderPhinfan says:
    April 27, 2015 at 4:47 pm
    That’s surprising. Why?

“Washington picks up 2016 option on Robert Griffin III’s contract”
    ————————————–
    I dont guess it hurts anything one way or the other. He turns it around they keep it and work on a re-negotiation, he doesn’t they cut him. Doesn’t hurt their chances of trading him this year, but could possibly hurt their chances for next.

Week Two of offseason conditioning: Jordan still a no-show
    The second week of the Miami Dolphins offseason conditioning program began for the Miami Dolphins in earnest Monday morning.

Just not for Dion Jordan.

Jordan, absent from the first week of the voluntary workouts, was absent again today.

And while today’s absence is only about, well, today, it suggests Jordan likely isn’t going to join the program this week, either.

The NFL draft is Thursday. Teams will get quite serious in their trade talks this week leading up to Thursday’s first round and carrying through Saturday’s multiple rounds. Do not be surprised if Jordan is traded at some point.

As I discussed here, trading Jordan is a tough situation for the Dolphins.

Firstly, no one will likely give much compensation for a player who has had three career sacks, has a history for not being reliable, and is one positive drug test away from a year’s suspension.

There’s also the salary cap hit a trade would involve.

It is not good.

The ironic thing? I’m hearing Jordan has been in town recently. So this is not about staying home and working out with a trusted personal trainer or workout buddy.

Posted by Armando Salguero 04/27/2015 at 04:34 PM

The front office has shown they will release or trade players and take cap hits.

tim,
    none of us know why he’s not in camp. They are voluntary. Hell he might be in philbin’s dog house because he threw his gum wrapper on the floor or had to pee at the wrong time. 🙂

I am beginning to think its not just a trade posibility its pretty much a trade that has already been worked out just not finalized, perhaps both sides waiting for other offers to surface before draft, or for the landscape of the draft to unfold a bit more before pulling the trigger. Likely could be precaution on the receiving teams part to make sure they are still getting undamaged goods (well relatively speaking of course). I just get the feeling they wouldnt be holding him out and he wouldn’t be holding out unless there us not just a possibility at play but an almost certainty. Makes way more sense than just holding him out for a what if, because other teams would see him not attending as a sign he might be on the outs and then we lose value on him, this most certainly seems planned with specific intentions.

D

All I was talking about with DGB was taking him at #14. That was my original comment, with the Great or zero thing. You don’t take that at #14.

Agreed. Im not argumentative with every reply i promise. I think we dsee eye to eye on it, but i just wanted to add i feel he deserve a look in the second because i feel he seems sincere in his desire to move past his past.

• Al in MIA says:

Where is your ‘zero’ comment coming from though? The article Cosell put out? He’s not talking zero from a talent stand point.

• Al in MIA says:

You fearing the Mizzou system just because Egnew who was a flex out TE operating in the slot and not WR?
        Imagine applying that logic to Aaron Rogers after Boller flopped in the NFL in the same collegiate system Teford ran at Cal.

Al – It was part of the commentary on DGB by Lance Zeirlein.

One little speed up for Saturday.
    ——————–
    “The NFL has quietly tweaked the rules to reduce the amount of time between picks, allowing only four minutes between selections in the seventh round, as well as four minutes between selections for all compensatory picks. The league informed PFT today that the speeding up of the draft was discussed at the competition committee meetings and communicated to the teams at the league meeting in March. The change was made at the league office level and did not necessitate a vote of the 32 teams.”

LOL – I never said we should never-ever take a Mizzou receiver again. I’d just be careful, and make sure he can do the things we require.

D

I think it’s an NFC team, either the Eagles, Giants or Falcons (Jordan trade)

Some good nature ribbing on the other site…lol

O Rob says:
    April 27, 2015 at 5:03 pm
    GetterDone Phins says:

April 27, 2015 at 4:28 pm

__________________________

I hear Wal-Mart has a sale on some Tannehill Knee pads, you should hurry before they sell out!

GetterDone Phins says:
    April 27, 2015 at 5:12 pm
    Thanks, I’ll have to go shopping for them. Are your Freeman knee pads still comfortable or did you wear them out already?

LOL — but there were no Tanny knee pads available cause of Randy’s big order. Glad to see O Rob’s name…..good heart in that large man.

115. Al in MIA says:

Ah Lance Zeirline… a radio analyst :/.

• jahndoh says:

That means nothing. Cosell is not on the radio or on TV besides in guest spots. I don’t see your point in this. Regardless of whether it’s on field or off field stuff that presents downside risk, it’s still downside risk and it still affects the amount of draft ammunition a team will be willing to give up for him.

His downside is not limited to off-field risks either. He’s a very inexperienced and raw route runner. We’ve seen those players fail in the NFL more often than we’ve seen him succeed.

I like his upside potential, but I’d consider it a foolish risk if we took him in the 1st round. 2nd round and on is a different story.

finfanrob says:
    April 27, 2015 at 3:50 pm
    mike

what you should do is just post 4 or 5 BOTW’s and answer just one question.
    LMFAO!

Wanta get Mike E’s cool insight, but ffr might just have given the schematic for his up and coming weekly pictorial column.

117. Try Pod says:

All the best parents do. It was obviously well thought out. You don’t suppose he realizes this kid will (likely) grow up?

tim,
    suh didn’t go to a single voluntary camp in detroit. I think he turned out alright.

I just hope we don’t get hosed on the Jordan trade because philbin has an issue with him.

120. naplesfan2010 says:

If I were Hickey, I would trade next year’s round 1 and 4 or whatever for Gurley and then take La’el @14 anyway. Super Bowl NOW!

“When the film came out, the owner of my [favorite Italian] restaurant said we’re not allowed in anymore because we apparently denigrated a certain ethnic group in the picture.”

Martin Scorsese on at least one critic’s reaction to Goodfella’s. Given that we are talking about a NYC spot and 1990…..am wondering whether that was a message of someone else’s family as well

122. naplesfan2010 says:

I saw some awesome tape of Ameer Abdullah. If we can’t get Gurley, I want Abdullah who supposedly is an excellent human being as well as a take it to the house on any play type runner.

123. Try Pod says:

What’s really interesting about this is the guy on the radio is talking about Lamar Miller while all this is going on:

I’m not sure not going to a voluntary minicamp warrants the “this is the end of Dion Jordan” talk

I still want to see what he can do playing with Suh

I’d like to see him make his own game and stop relying on others to figure out his mysterious talents. I think it’s getting to the BS point.

He’s not relying on anyone

That is just my opinion

I don’t get why you are so angry at Jordan

125. naplesfan2010 says:

Plus I want Kenny Bell or Abdullah to run back kicks.so we can get some points in the kicking game.

Naples, your asking a team to give up their #1 this year and have no 1st in your trade scenario. We’d have to give up our 2nd for sure this year and probably a 4th and then next year’s 1st and something else to even get in the ballpark.

• naplesfan2010 says:

You lost me bro but there hasn’t been a legit first round RB in a loooonnnngggg time. I think we should be bold and go all in. They are only draft picks. It’s only one year. Where else on the team do we crave a round one if we get a OL this yr AND a superstar RB?

127. naplesfan2010 says:

Was Teddy Ginn’s 2 4 1er against the jests the last time we scored on a KO? and Thigpen’s one and only the last PR TD? Too long. We need to scare teams in all 3 phases.

Piggy, Jordan gets suspended for the first 6 games last year, then checks into rehab and was less impressive looking when he did play then his rookie season. Sorry, I was very disappointed as a fan in him last year.

Then this year not being a starter he’s not at voluntary workouts already behind Wake and Vernon but they’re there. What’s there to be happy about with him?

I don’t remember any rehab issues

Just let it play out

It is “voluntary” camp

He checked into rehab during his suspension for an unknown substance abuse and people were speculating crack or meth because his Mom or someone else in his family is known to have issues with it.

So the superstar Jordan can skip the voluntary workouts because he’s already got game and everyone knows it? I don’t get your thinking on this at all, bro. If I was anyone in the org especially the HC or DC I’d be very disappointed that he’s not here working. But that’s just me.

129. naplesfan2010 says:

When we had our perfect year, we had 2 1000 yd rushers. I know “the game was different back then,” but then again no, it’s still football. If you are eating up chink yds on offense and stuffing them cold on D, plus getting a few “cheap” scores on the kicking game, you win games and go deep in the playoffs.

Mets and Marlins are 0-0 with New York batting in the top of the 8th at Marlins Park. Both Dillon Gee of the Mets and Jared Cozart of the Fish have been sensational up to now. Best pitched game I’ve seen so far this season!! –Even tho’ it’s super early in the season, this game almost has a playoff game feel to it. It’s SO GOOD I’ve NOT been watching the Lightning/Red Wings playoff game (that’s saying a lot for a native born Canadian)!!

What’s up FUers? Another busy day in the office and I am just trying to catch up what I missed.

132. naplesfan2010 says:

How did the Heat go to 4 straight “Super Bowls”? They went outrageously bold and stacked the roster. They even brought in ancient Ray Allen and golly gee he won them a ring. I am tired of same ol same ol “by the book” “you just don’t do that” formula team building. We are 1-2 players away from a Super Bowl. And a RB and a OG and another shut down CB is the magic key.

Naples, how do we compensate a team this year to get their 1st and keep ours to land both Gurley and OL Collins?

• naplesfan2010 says:

just do it … whatever it takes. Oakland is hungry for picks and they can wait a year since they ain’t goin nowhere this year. We do not need to do anything to keep our 14 and so what does the points formula say we’d need to do to trade? (not up) just trade say with the #10 pick. Hey if we get lucky Gurley falls to us and we can trade with #16 or 17 team to get La’el with even less cost.

SMH @ Jordan for missing voluntary minicamp. He needs to show he is all in this year. I don’t want to give up on his potential but it seems to me he is not putting the work in to maximize that potential.

Another great write by Piggy. I love the 7 Samurai.

136. naplesfan2010 says:

btw I have a Wannstadt sighting to report.
    I still work a little with FCA even though my sons have left high school (one was president of the club, so yeah I had some extra duties LOL). So anyway I am at the neighborhood HS FCA lunch meeting and the AD walks in with his surprise guest speaker and it’s Dave Wannstadt. He gave a very inspirational very Christian very cool very wise talk about staying true to your principles or getting back to them when you stray like all humans do. He told a funny story about using the F word 137 times in a tirade after a really bad loss and then he went back to the team that night (on the plane? … it was unclear) and apologized for losing his cool and said the team captains told him they knew he was a good man and would get back to himself and they were all just as pissed and blah blah you get the sermon for the kids.
    Anyway it was from the heart and he took nearly 2 hours with the kids for no pay and not a single student there had ever heard of him. So they thought he was just like some old HS coach or something.

He is supposedly a very good man, unfortunately his skills as a head coach were not up to the same caliber.

Wannstedt is a good guy and was mistreated by fans because they accused him of ruining the team that Jimmy Johnson built which wasn’t that good. He wasn’t a bad coach, just not a personnel guy and along with Spielman they made some questionable moves along the way. It is what it is, doesn’t make him a bad person.

I didn’t say he can do what he wants

I just said let it play out

I’m really tired of playing musician chairs with the latest dolphin pariah

I’m tired of blaming others for his lack of dedication and production. It’s becoming more apparent everyday. It’s on Jordan to become the player his talent suggests he can be, not anyone else. One way to get that going is to be working with Wake and Vernon. But no.

138. naplesfan2010 says:

I had forgotten how big Wanny is. He played what OT himself? He is way bigger than me and still hard as steel too. He was very cordial to me and I couldn’t help telling him I am a big fan.

‘So they thought he was just like some old HS coach or something.’

wait????? you mean he wasnt just an HS coach

• naplesfan2010 says:

LOL he had some good years in Chicago. There was something wrong here with that garbage man owner we had that made Jimmy J try to quit in the middle of the year and Wanny did quit right? and then Satan left after his lies. There were real probs with the owner. I am glad that guy is gone; he bout ruined us … I blame the Wayne for that 1-15 year. (and Cam of course, but he was not a head coach, neither was Sparano, another Huizenga mistake.)

Naplels, check it out for yourself. I don’t know that it allows you to do trades with next year’s picks but the cost to move up to #4 this year is beyond our 1, 2 and 4 so to do it with next year’s draft, you basically deplete that entire draft to trade up and keep our #14 this year. I don’t see it being feasible.

• naplesfan2010 says:

We traded up to 3 with Oaktown for Dion for a lot less than that. Maybe they are wiser/less desperate this year, but maybe not that much. They need a WR but they got Crabs and the class is deep this year. They could take any of about 7 that will be there in the 2nd.

141. naplesfan2010 says:

He walks now with a noticeable limp though … looks like a calf is permanently cramped, all veiny like a old guy leg. You guys don’t know what it’s like to get old. I pulled a muscle in my leg in the movie theatre the other day trying to cross my legs in the dark.

Nice win for the Metsies! Comeback win, and big HR for the beleaguered Daniel Murphy, and a very nice play in the 9th inning in the field as well for Mr. Murphy!

LOL @ Naples at the theater!

Naples, I think we’re not communicating properly. You suggested somehow we get a high pick this year with next year’s picks to get Gurley and still keep our #14 to get OL Collins and go for it all. How do you expect to do that?

The trade with the Raiders last year with our #12 and #40 still gave them a 1st and a 2nd to get to #3. You’re suggesting giving them what to do that again and keep our #14?

It’s good to see Tim spitting fire and venom at Dion Jordan. Tim is usually the biggest cheerleader for the players on our roster but Tim is getting the pitchforks and torches ready for Jordan. BTW Tim I will take a torch. I like fire.

Has he not disappointed as a pro thus far? For a #3 pick we traded up to get you’d think he’d be more dedicated. Tannehill was a #8 in 2012 and Suh was Detroits #2 in 2010 and they’re both there. WTF?!!!

He has had some moments where he has flashed that natural talent he has but overall he has been a significant disappointment. Flashing talent can only get you so far. You have to be able to do consistently but in his case he can’t even get himself on the field on a consistent basis. Some of it was injury but the rest of it is on him. Suspension for steroids, rehab for substance abuse. He needs to show he can work is backside off to put that behind him and earn a spot in the DL rotation. Missing voluntary camp is not the end of the world but it’s a bad start for somebody that has a lot to prove.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I hope to God he was ORDERED by the lawyers to stay safe as he is a named component in a draft day trade and any little thing could queer the deal. And THERE might be how we get 2 first rounders Tim. I defer to your superior knowledge of draft day trades, sir, but I am tired of being sensible and going what 9-7 next year? whoopee shit.

Hey us lawyers don’t have much to do about draft day trades. That’s the GM’s job.

Naples:
    While I am not opposed to a draft day trade up I don’t think we need to do a blockbuster to move up. At 14 there will be probably 2-3 players who can immediate impact players on our roster and I suspect Gurley will be on of those there at 14. If he is not then it means another impact player slid down because Gurley went higher than expected. So trade up if the price is right but don’t sell the farm imo.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I am sick of the farm bro. I want to go all Disney on it…I want to make the guys in the Big Apple talk about us with respect/hatred … i want playoffs every year, not 8-8s every year. That will take thinking BIG. Marino had the Marks, not one guy, two guys.

The problem is if you trade up big you are going all in for one guy. I am okay if it is the right guy but I think we can get an impact player at 14 without having to trade up and we can still get a productive player at 47 on top of that which is unlikely if we trade up for one guy.

147. naplesfan2010 says:

Even with Suh, we need to score 40 half the time to ensure a 12-4 or better season. And we just cannot have ANY 10 point offense games because they are automatic L’s.

I think we need to average about 25 points a game. If we can do that we should be an 11 win team.

• naplesfan2010 says:

F 11 wins my friend; that is borderline. Why not average 30 and go 13-3? Suh and Wake and Tannehill can do that; we just need some guys who can run it in from 50.

• Brian in NY says:

We averaged close to 25 last year. IMO we need to be closer to 28- 30 this season.

Lets get to the dance first and it will come together. Hell the Giants won SBs with a pair of 9-7 ball clubs.

Naples, okay I’ll play.

Let’s say we don’t even trade up that far with OAK but say STL at #10. The value for that based on the draft trade value chart would be a 1, 4, 5 and probably a 6. Not having a 3rd hurts us here because that would do it but we don’t have one. So unless players are involved and who knows that value, we’re giving up our whole draft just to get to #10. That said, we’re talking about keeping our #14 so we’re asking STL to not have a 1st this year. So I can’t even do the math because it would likely be a 2nd, 4th, 5th and a player this year and at least a 1st next year and probably a 3rd as well.

Our 2015 Draft would look like this:
    1a. RB Gurley
    1b. OL Collins
    5. ?
    6. ?

2016

I don’t see it happening and if we did something like this we better win this year or at least get to the championship game. LOL

• naplesfan2010 says:

You are a genius. Mail this to Hickey tonight.
      Super Bowl guaranteed. (ok that is a little exuberant, but if we DON’T do something spectacular, 8-8 to 10-6 is about all we will get.)

Brian:
    I think we averaged about 23 points last year. If we up are average 2 points that and Suh is likely to get us 2-3 more wins in and of itself.

Wow! Naples going hardcore! I like your enthusiasm man, but do realize if we’re going to be running the ball 30-35 times a game, we’re not likely going to be scoring 30 or more points per game. It’s actually the opposite. We’ll probably score less points, but also give up less points and we’ll have an advantage in T.O.P.

• jahndoh says:

I doubt we’ll give up less points to Tom Brady by running more. Sorry. In isolation that’s worked, but on a year long basis, he gets the better of those teams consistently.

I also think in a real world scenario a guy like Gurley will create much more opportunity in both the run and pass games because he’ll break more tackles and lure more safeties into the box. I don’t ever see us being more than 50/50 and given the track record of these coaches and their mentors (dating back a very long way) that’s maxing it out.

• jahndoh says:

Also, I saw what Naples said above, but it’s not 1972. You can’t just say, “well it’s still football” anymore than you can say that about the CFL vs. the NFL. The rules have dictated a change in game play and strategy. Long long gone are the days when a 50% passer is going to win you a superbowl.

• jahndoh says:

Lastly, Mike, this is more a compilation of a lot of thoughts I had while reading this page, not all of them have anything to do with anything you said. 🙂

Alright. I have a busy day again tomorrow. I am out. Peace to you all.

Just realized Gurley is really young, like one of the youngest of the draft class. 20

That said, STL might be the team to trade up with. Haven’t they had like five 1st rd picks the last 3 years with the RGIII deal? They’re gonna have to pay some of those guys if they’re any good and I know Robert Quinn with 45 sacks, 155 tackles and 13 FF in 4 seasons is going to get big time defensive player money. Look at his numbers the last two seasons. He’s going to get into that $100M range.

• naplesfan2010 says:

exactly and flip the coin, we need some young (cheap) contracts to balance off the Tannehill/Suh deals. We don’t need any more huge FA deals for a while.

I think that Lazor and this offense wants to pass it more but more efficient, and use the running game for balance but not the bread and butter. If we draft Gurley #14 and he may not be ready until game 6 or whatever, we’re going to be what kind of offense? The past has told us it’s the next season for RBs to get back but AP debunked that. But he was already an NFL vet not a rookie entering the league.

When it doesn’t work out we’ll blame Philbin. LOL

• jahndoh says:

I don’t know obviously, but I want to give it lipservice, reports are that he had the easiest of all acl repairs and is currently on pace to be 100% for training camp.

• naplesfan2010 says:

We have the luxury of Miller and a very promising receiving corps with Jennings now to go with Cameron and Stills and Landry. So no I would not be all gung ho to do something radical if we did not already have a good team.
      Remember how dynamic we were with Ronnie and Ricky. Iffy QB play ruined that, but we rammed the ball down teams’ throats and that was not 1972.

155. jahndoh says:

Also, I’m with Tim regarding Jordan. This team is feeling optimistic. Its the ultimate team game, and a kid who came into the league with all the money and fanfare of a #3 overall has shown us nothing but a stint in rehab, a lengthy suspension and rookie season marred by an injury.

In a just world he has a huge chip on his shoulder, realizes that if he ever wants a 2nd contract he’d better crank it up right now, and get in with his team mates who are working their asses off…rather than go out to Key West and play.

If he’s doing that because he’s told not to come, than I fully support the pending trade. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him want to be a great football player.

^ding!

Jahn, do you think a trade is already in the works?

I would not be shocked if it’s LB Mychal Kendricks straight up for Jordan. LOL

Seriously, the Eagles are going with Ryans and Alonzo inside in their 3-4 and Kendricks is a fish out of water. He’s a UFA we will have to deal with next year along with Suh’s big hit, Tannehill’s deal and Vernon and Miller as UFAs. But if we want to be good this year, let’s do it!!!

156. jahndoh says:

Brian, we were 24.3 pts per game last season. Getting to 26 doesn’t sound like a lot, but it would move us from 11th (our scoring is better than some fans seem to think) to 8th in the NFL.

A lot of it was in like 5 blowout games. We averaged it out down the stretch at 22 PPG the last 8. But we all saw it, the team fell apart with injury and lack of depth.

I think our depth will be better this year, but I want to see more impact added. Suh!!! LOL

157. naplesfan2010 says:

I sent my question to Ask Mike several days ago. It asked him if THIS (a secret in case Mike has written about it so as not to waste his effort) is the Jordan trade scenario.

158. naplesfan2010 says:

well hell I actually have to go to work tomorrow unlike the rest of you guys, so thanks for letting me show I am excited for my team this year. I am that guy who is most against drab and dreary and safe and cautious, and also doom and gloom.
    I am so ready to have a fun season again.
    GO DOLPHINS!!

We work smart, not hard. LOL

• naplesfan2010 says:

Must be somethin cuz I sure can’t work all day and post all day like all you guys do. I can’t imagine how you can be at work and on this board at the same time. You must all be frickin multi-tasking gurus.

tim,
    then it was about wallace and davis, and a few others also. not about philbin. You have to admit philbin likes a certain type of guys. IF he didn’t like Jordan he should have opened his fucking mouth when ross went around the table and asked everyone who we should pick in the first round that year. Ross said everyone was on board with Jordan. Including philbin.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Davis was a child and he and his brothers are STILL like spoiled children.
      Wallace is a selfish diva and was let go by Mike Tomlin for that very reason.
      I have not heard anything that says Philbin has soured on Jordan, but a #3 with drug busts and low work ethic will make any coach withdraw his support.
      How are these things bad on Philbin?
      I WANT a coach who don’t take no shit off the lazy bum type players. Like Tomlin.

Notice all those players are Ireland guys and there was a disconnect? They’re all gone or almost all gone.

People can blame Ireland then at the same time blame Philbin. Ireland sucked at talent evaluation but Philbin was supposed to win with them and coach them up. Pick one! LOL

It’s 2015, let’s forget about 2 years ago, it didn’t work. 8-8 the last 2 years is not good enough. Time to win Joe!!!!

160. naplesfan2010 says:

Davis and Wallace and Jordan were all Ireland’s and the last two were his desperate attempt to save his job with big splashy signings. Philbin survived the Ireland purge because he was NOT really on board with those deals. Neither Wallace nor Jordan were even close to a good football fit for Philbin’s plans. Many of us on this board said that when the deals went down.