2015 UDFA Signings

miami-dolphins

2015 UDFA Singings

Dennis-Hickey

After 256 players were selected in the 2015 NFL Draft, the fun didn’t end for the Miami Dolphins.  It was time to sign some players who went undrafted.  And there is some quality for Hickey to drool over.

This list is not all inclusive but I think I got most of the recent signings on it…

You may have noticed the Dolphins did not select a LB during the draft.  After the Draft the Dolphins signed 4 Linebackers:  Mike Hull, Jeff Luc, Zack Vigil and Neville Hewitt

MikeHullIt was a surprise that Hull went undrafted.  Penn State has a storied history of successful linebackers in the NFL.  The 6’0, 232 pound Hull had 140 tackles for PSU last season and should compete for a roster spot.

JeffLuc

Like Hull, Jeff Luc also should have been drafted as well.  The senior played his first two years at FSU before transferring to Cincinnati where he received a lot more playing time finishing with 200 career tackles and 8 sacks.

VigilHewitt

Vigil also produced a lot of tackles and sacks at Utah State with 180 career tackles and 12.5 sacks.  And Hewitt…well…Let’s just say a certain Herdfan around here is probably as excited as the Assistant Coach in this pic.

MichaleLietdke

Want more offensive line?  I knew you did!

Ever hear of Illinois State?  Me neither.  But here is what their uniforms look like.  Big #59 is Michael Liedtke one of our new UDFA.

Mickey Baukus

Guess we will find out more about him in August.

The Dolphins also selected Mickey Baucus an offensive tackle rom Arizona. No word on whether Baucus can play inside or not. Bet we find out in August as well.

The Dolphins also signed two specialists, Matt Darr a punter from Tennessee and Andrew Franks a kicker.  Want to see what they look like?  I don’t.  Here is a photo of a kicking pig instead.

Kicking Pig

And of course there is always room from competition at wide receiver and the Dolphins signed two:  Demarr Aultman from Maine and from Nigel King of Kansas.  That’s three new wide receivers.  If you didn’t know already, the Dolphins drafted DeVante Parker in the first round…also get out of your cave…

AultmanKing

There are more UDFAs too.  But I prefer to show you a picture of Dolphins Cheerleaders.

mdc

This entry was posted in Dolphins News. Bookmark the permalink.

481 Responses to 2015 UDFA Signings

Jahn, when you have more than one link in a post it moderates you.

• jahndoh says:

Yeah, kinda feel like my post got instantly lost. LOL…ah well….se la vie!

All things being equal as you said shows that what Piggy was saying is right he makes it all up after the three years is up.

It’s there. I read it but I already new his contract ability was limited. 🙂

• jahndoh says:

Tim, the post was about doing the actual math, not a long winded version of “His contract options are limited”. LOL…

Son, didn’t Geathers go to the Colts?
    I saw today that Rannel Hall got signed by the Yucs.

Son, only if Collins is elite does he make it up on his 2nd deal. If he’s only okay he won’t. His rookie deal as a 1st rd pick would have overpaid him simply because he was a top prospect regardless of how he performed. 1st rd pick status also forces teams to stick with you longer.

• jahndoh says:

You can take the numbers and figure that out. There’s a breakeven somewhere. I didn’t use “Elite” money for the 2nd contract, I used “Very Good” money. I suspect if he’s a top 15 starter at his position, and he plays at least 6 years he’ll breakeven.

Maybe, but 1st rd money can set you up even if you don’t pan out.

“He’s going to show you the bricks. He’ll show you they got straight sides. He’ll show you how they got the right shape. He’ll show them to you in a very special way, so that they appear to have everything a brick should have. But there’s one thing he’s not gonna show you.”

So let me get this straight. It’s now better to go undrafted than to go 1st round? When do I stop laughing? LOL

Only in this rare case and that is only potentially.

I’m not a math wiz but I still don’t get it. His 1st rd guaranteed money would be like 4 times as much if not more than the entire UDFA contract.

Fox 8 New Orleans

Coach Rex Ryan had dinner with LSU T/G La’El Collins in Baton Rouge, La. on Monday.
    Without a first-round pick over the weekend, the Bills could hit a grand slam by signing Collins. He was viewed as a mid-first-round pick — the Bills would have picked 19th had they not dealt their pick to the Browns — before Collins got wrapped up in a murder investigation, even though he isn’t viewed as a suspect. If this comes down to recruiting, there may not be a better head coach at it than Ryan.

…on a side note, Coach Joe Philbin was out in the parking lot picking up gum wrappers.

That’s getting old, bro. He did that once on a video 3 years ago and we’re still defining him with that?

Not to be a jerk, it’s just dragging it thru the mud type stuff for me.

If fans spent more time listening to him talk about football in a very cerebral way maybe they would respect him more than just looking for reasons to demean him and the gum wrapper thing is just that. Just how I feel about it.

They sign him and then they turn around and indict Collins, ooops

Tim, Go to bed, you’ve lost your sense of humor for the day. 🙄

Okay let’ say something negative about Tanny. LOL

9. jahndoh says:

“Maybe, but 1st rd money can set you up even if you don’t pan out.

I’m just talking about this from what he was looking at and what he’s now looking at. It’s very different for a lot of reasons.”

I definitely acknowledged that in my post. We’re both looking at the differences between where he was to where his is now. Yes, it depends on how long he plays and how well he plays. But what better world to live in than one where you get to determine your own fate rather than just getting high on the hog from first round money and having less incentive to earn that 2nd contract.

Merit based is what that’s called. And I’m a big fan.

The crux is, if you’re GOOD, there ARE some MINOR advantages (that penciled out to about 3% difference over 8 years lol!) to being able to get to your second deal sooner. Please don’t laugh off that post. Doesn’t feel too good when I showed all my work and it’s basic math.

No man, I just laugh at this idea that UDFA is better then 1st round. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. This has been going on all day. Forget the draft then and just make it a big college FA pool. Tanny’s entire rookie contract was guaranteed at $12+M as the #8 pick. Collins will be nowhere near that as a UDFA but he would have had he gone 1st round in 2015.

I think we have a lot to be excited about with this team. Philbin included. I wanna see him more aggressive & attack for the WINS!

Back to the La’el Collins show, I think we have a solid shot at getting him. Who pays better than Ross? Show the contract for Suh, the state tax benefit, and the beautiful area where a man can make his fortune. Why go to Buff and then just buy a house here for the offseason?

I know this seems cold and Randy called me out on this, but Jay Ajayi’s career is on him. He wants to play. He’s been super productive since 2011 when he was diagnosed with a bone on bone issue in his knee. The NFL career is short and especially RBs. But this guy seems to be fine for now. So how do you look at it as a fan? Ride it as long as he wants too/can?

NFL GMs look at how much work he got in college and that factors in to where he got picked, they don’t like lots of miles on their RBs.

Who cares really if he only plays 4 yrs, how long did Jake Long play for us. After the contract is up he’s really an FA, if we don’t resign him we’ll resign someone else with that money.

Not sure why anyone cares about the money he lost, he put himself in a bad situation it’s his own fault.

Something just doesn’t jive…I have a feeling this doesn’t turn out well for Collins. He’s involved somehow.

You’d think if he had absolutely nothing to do with it they wouldn’t be able to tie him up like this, they must have at least a little something.

Either way a woman lost her life and a baby was born which was miraculous. I hope he’s not involved,

Goodnight, folks!

Odd too that right away he got lawyered up and only the lawyer speaks for him.
        Odder was that Brandy Mills was murdered 2 days before La’ell was to take a court ordered paternity test….strange coincidence.

• New Age says:

You could be right but the police dont always get it right and sometimes they really screw people over. I’ve seen instances where they either pinned it on the most likely guy, or kept everyone involved in any way as suspects for over a decade. Nothing like lousy police work to make a person feel helpless.

Nite Tim, good night everybody.

Go Phins!

I agree I have been saying it since he got pulled back to da Rouge from Chicago. Nothing about the situation say not a person of interest. Suspect means they got hard evidence backing their interest and they may not have enough yet to make that statement out of fear of litigation. As I said I’d be ready to roll to get in on the sweepstake if he is cleared but as fans I would hold my breath while we wait.

TERRIFIC (and VERY FUNNY) effort, Mr. PIggy!!
    ———————
    WHILE MANY are debating whether or not the 2015 edition of the Miami Dolphins will make the playoffs, there were NO SUCH CONCERNS about the 1972 Dolphins as they continued down the road to “ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.” – – Next up for the Dolphins was a date in New York to play the dangerous 7-4 New York Giants in Yankee Stadium. This game featured the NFL’s highest rated quarterback in the NFC (the Giants Norm Snead, who was having his career-best season) versus the highest rated quarterback in the AFC (Miami’s Earl Morrall). Neither of them led their respective conferences in touchdown passes. That honor would fall to the Redskins’ Bill Kilmer, who’d toss 19 TD passes in 1972, and to the Jets’ Joe Namath, who’d lead the AFC with 19 TD passes. However, based on the NFL’s complicated formula, Snead and Morrall were the leaders of their respective conferences in overall QB ratings.

The Giants offense was considered the very best in the NFC. Running back Ron Johnson was having a stellar season. And the Giants had run-up 62 points against the Eagles the previous week!! A packed, sell-out, crowd of “Big Blue” fans were waiting in Yankee Stadium for the undefeated Dolphins. And just to throw more gasoline onto the fire, a couple of thousand JET FANS had somehow managed to buy tickets, hoping the Giants could do what the Jets COULD NOT DO – – – put an end to THE PERFECT SEASON!! – – 40 DEGREE rainy and cold weather was waiting for the visiting team.

The Old Dolfan will put YOU on the 50 yard line to see one of the most “hyped” games of the 1972 season. Read about it tomorrow!