A Look at our Cornerbacks

#21 Brent Grimes – 5’10” 190

Brent Grimes

Brent went undrafted coming out of Shippensburg University in 2006. He was allocated to the Hamburg Sea Devils of NFL Europe, in which the Sea Devils won the Championship. Grimes then signed on with the Atlanta Falcons in 2007. In his 6 year career with the Falcons, Grimes established himself as one of the better cover corners in the NFL, with 13 INT’s in 4 years. In 2010, Grimes had finally become a full time starter. In 2012, Grimes suffered a torn achilles, which led to the Falcons letting Grimes become a free agent.

The Dolphins were more than happy to take a chance on the talented CB, and signed him in 2013. In 2013, Grimes started every game for the Dolphins and in impressive fashion, coming back from a brutal achilles injury. Grimes had 4 INT’s (1 for a TD), 60 tackles (52 solo) and 16 passes defensed. Quite a season 1 year removed from a torn achilles. In 2014, Grimes continued his excellent play, and made possibly the play of the year going high and reeling in an INT with one hand in similar fashion to the great catch by NYG WR Odell Beckham Jr. Grimes finished with a team high 5 INT’s (1 for a TD), 1 FF, 13 passes defensed, and 58 tackles (48 solo).  This fiery CB will no doubt be starting at LCB for the Dolphins.
______________________________________________

#25 Jamar Taylor – 5’10” 200

Jamar Taylor

Jamar Taylor was drafted out of Boise St. in the 2nd RD of the 2013 NFL Draft, pick #54. Very fitting I’d say, if any of you are old enough to remember the TV  sitcom “Car 54”, and the famous line “Car 54, where are you?”. Dolphins fans can easily mutter “Pick 54, where are you?” Since being drafted relatively high, Taylor has only played in 21 games, and has only started 3. BTW, this is the Vontae Davis draft pick we received in the trade with the Colts.

In 2 seasons, Taylor has 34 tackles. When drafted, Taylor came in injured (Sports hernia). Were any of Ireland’s early picks healthy in that draft??? Dion Jordan and Jamar Taylor, the very first picks were damaged goods, and we’ve been suffering through this for 2 years now.

Taylor has talent, and that’s why he was drafted in the 2nd RD, but his body continues to fail him. Hopefully he can finally get healthy and truly compete to lock down a starting spot at CB.
______________________________________________

#29 Will Davis – 5’11” 186

Will Davis is all smiles after the Dolphins stopped the Patriots on fourth down to secure the win for the Dolphins. New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins, Sun Life Stadium. Miami, FL. 12/15/12. Jim Rassol, Sun Sentinel.

The Dolphins selected Will Davis with the 93RD pick in the 3rd RD of the 2013 NFL Draft out of Utah St. Davis has played in 15 games with no starts for the Dolphins. Last season, Davis had his ups and downs until he suffered a torn ACL and was done for the season after the Dolphins defeated the Bills 22-9. Davis got hurt on ST’s where he was the gunner. Another guy with potential, but so far, still very much a question mark.
______________________________________________

#24 Brice McCain – 5’8”185

Brice McCain

McCain was drafted in the 6th RD (188th pick) in the 2009 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans. He played 5 years for the Texans playing in 70 games, with 10 game starts. In that time, McCain mostly was the nickel corner (slot CB). In the 5 years with the Texans, McCain 33 passes defensed, 5 INT’s and 92 tackles (74 solo).

McCain played for the Steelers last season, playing in 14 games, with 9 starts. He played both on the outside and in the slot, as he did occasionally for the Texans. McCain had his best production last year with 3 INT’s (1 for a TD), 1 FR, and 21 tackles (10 solo). As of now, McCain is going to compete for the slot CB position, but may also be considered for the perimeter, depending on how the competition goes.
______________________________________________

#30 Zack Bowman – 6’1” 197

Zack Bowman

Bowman was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 2008 NFL Draft in the 5th RD (142nd pick). Bowman played 6 years for the Bears playing in 73 games, with 19 starts. Bowman has played both LCB and RCB. In 6 seasons with Da Bears, Bowman had 10 INT’s , 3 FF’s, 5 FR’s (2 for TD’s). Bowman has racked up a lot of tackles (167) with CHI, and all but 17 were solo.

Last season Bowman played for the New York Giants, played in 16 games with 5 starts. Bowman had 24 tackles (19 solo), 6 passes defensed, 2 INT’s, and 1 FR. With Bowman’s size, I would expect him to be in the running for a starting position.
______________________________________________

#28 Bobby McCain – 5’10” 192

Bobby McCain

Bobby McCain, named after the famous song “Me and Bobby McCain” was drafted by the Dolphins this year in the 5th RD (145th pick). McCain is of similar size and stature to Brent Grimes. McCain is expected to compete for the nickel (slot CB) position with Brice McCain.

In 4 years of College at Memphis, McCain played in 55 games with 136 tackles (80 solo), 12 INT’s (4 for TD’s), 16 passes defensed, and 1 FF. McCain also returned kicks at Memphis averaging 25.3 YPR.
______________________________________________

#36 Tony Lippett – 6’3” 195

DAVIE, FL - MAY 8: Tony Lippett #36 intercepts the ball intended for Tyler McDonald #15 of the Miami Dolphins during the rookie minicamp on May 8, 2015 at the Miami Dolphins training facility in Davie, Florida. (Photo by Joel Auerbach/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Tyler McDonald;Tony Lippett

The Incredible Mr. Lippett was drafted by the Dolphins in the 5th RD (pick #156) (seems like a lot of our CB’s were drafted in the 5th, right?)

Tony Lippett is an interesting player. He starred as a WR at Michigan State, and had a very successful Senior year, with 65 receptions, 11 TD’s and 1198 yards, good for 18.4 YPC. Lippett also played some at CB, but didn’t register an INT in his time there. When the Dolphins drafted Lippett, he was drafted to play CB, not WR. In his first action in OTA’s, Lippett burst onto the scene and opened up plenty of eyes, with 3 INT’s! He has the size the Dolphins really wanted (6’3”), as we currently have a lot of CB’s 5’10” or smaller. Whether Lippett starts immediately is not important, but he will definitely be getting plenty of reps to see what he can do, and I wouldn’t be shocked if no one else steps up and grabs the job, that Lippett gives everyone a run for their money.
______________________________________________

In summation, I’d say we have a nice mix of veteran CB’s, and some young guys who can make a difference. Brent Grimes at 31 is still a top NFL CB. The big question is WHO STARTS OPPOSITE GRIMES?

Between young vets like Jamar Taylor and Will Davis, older vets like Zack Bowman and Brice McCain, and the newly drafted Tony Lippett, someone has got to just step up and make it clear the job is theirs. Last year we picked up Cortland Finnegan late in the offseason, almost an afterthought, and he never looked back. I’d love Jamar Taylor to finally emerge, or Will Davis, so we have a young player that can grow with the team. I can’t lie, even though it was just OTA’s, I can’t stop thinking how great it would be if Lippett stole the job. He has the size we could definitely use, and he most certainly has the ball skills as an accomplished WR, so ideally, if it were Lippett, I’d be ecstatic. It can happen, especially knowing the history of Taylor and Davis, and their inability to stay on the field. Of course, it could be Zack Bowman or Brice McCain too, but like I said, it’s about time for a young CB that we drafted to step up and take the reins, and become our long term starter! GO LIPPETT!

Aside | This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

328 Responses to A Look at our Cornerbacks

For Son

But Cam Newton’s reported $103.8 million extension Tuesday furthered Dye’s point. That brings the total six-year value of Newton’s contract to $118 million. Tannehill’s six-year total ($96 million) is $22 million less.

Is Newton $22 million better than Tannehill as a quarterback? Their metrics say absolutely not.

Newton’s career record is 30-31-1 in four seasons with the Carolina Panthers, compared to Tannehill’s 23-25 record in three seasons. Newton’s passer rating (85.4) also is very comparable to Tannehill’s (84.0),and Tannehill has a higher completion percentage (61.9 to 59.5).

The main difference is Newton has two playoff appearances,which is something Tannehill knows he must improve. But nearly every other metric shows Newton and Tannehill are in the same category of solid,but not elite,quarterbacks.

I am really HOPING (yeah that off-season feeling, HOPE) That Taylor stays healthy and becomes a very good CB opposite of Grimes and some of the other guys develop to replace Grimes eventually with another very good CB.

“Vegas sets the over-under line for Dolphins at 8 1/2 wins in 2015”

Boy they really go out on a limb don’t they?

OH! and FIRST, SECOND, THIRD & FORTH

Have a great day guys.

Fifth!

Good job Mike E

I swear I hear music playing when is read about Bobby McCain

Great job Mike E and congrats on your anniversary milestone.

Congrats to you too Wyoming.

VERY, VERY NICE ANALYSIS, Mike E.; Somehow, I fell a lot better about our defensive secondary than I do about our offensive line. Perhaps the expected pressure our D-Line is expected to bring will have a positive impact in the performance of our defensive backs. Now, Mike, if you could just do an article titled “Why Our Offensive Line Will Be Greatly Improved In 2015” I would and could go to work feeling a lot better about our favorite NFL team!! – – Or, perhaps, that article could be written by Tim Knight???
    ———————————————————————–
    Well the odd circumstance of the HOME ICE DISADVANTAGE continued last night in the Lightning’s 2015 post season experience. Chicago’s 2-1 win means that the VISITING TEAM has won 14 of Tampa Bay’s 21 playoff games this season!!! – – That may be unprecedented in NHL history!! – – Talk to you folks after work. Glad you folks enjoyed “ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!”
    ——————-
    PS; –Note to HERD. –Talk about nervous, the night before Super Bowl VII I don’t think I fell asleep until about 3 or 4 in the morning!! –But I was able to sleep in a bit because the game was played on a day I had off (Sunday). –I needed every minute of that sleep because, for 2 days, all I did was celebrate!!! – – The day AFTER the Super Bowl was my 26th birthday, so I just STAYED-UP and partied for 2 straight days!! – – THAT would kill me, now!!

Thanks guys.

OD – I wish I could write that article for you. Maybe when some veterans are cut, and we pick one up that has a good season or two left in him, I can do that. Right now, I’d just be lying.

Good job, Mike E! I like the competition at CB and S this year. It will be fun watching it play out.

Thanks Tim. I’m going to try and look at every unit, we have plenty of time, that’s for sure. lol

OD, at the moment all I have on the OL being better this year is that we have a bunch of guys who have a season under their belt in our offense and blocking scheme where last year everyone was learning it for the first time. We made some changes and added some new guys but the key will be young players stepping up. I’m not as much confident as I am hopeful they’ll be better this year.

OL coach John Benton has a history of producing good O-lines with different personnel year to year so hopefully we’ll be another notch on his resume. 🙂

Thanks Son

Well done Mike E, and very helpful too. Still trying to figure out the whole gaggle at CB.

With his size, wouldn’t be surprised if they use Lippett as a TE cover guy. And that role would give him a leg up on being active on game days.

We added some size in the secondary last year with Aikens and followed that up this year with Bowman and Lippett. No doubt we want some guys to matchup on bigger WRs and possibly TEs.

By adding both McCain’s we also added those quick twitch guys who can cover the smaller quick slot receivers.

We could end up utilizing these guys based on who we play.

This morning on NFL radio, Ross Tucker and Booger McFarland were talking about Cam Newton, and how he compares to other QB’s. Basically the premise was if you needed a QB for this season, there were about 12-14 QB’s Tucker would take over Newton, and he was asking if Booger agreed. Tannehill came up briefly (I was disappointed) (Tucker said he’s an arrow UP QB), but Booger said he would take Cam over Tanny. The QB’s that Tucker would take for just this upcoming season over Newton were Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Flacco, Romo, Wilson, P. Manning, E. Manning, Dalton, and then the borderline guys were Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Alex Smith, Ryan Tannehill.

That is sort of a ridiculous amount of respect for Newton

I would not take Brady, Brees or Manning over Newton – bc they only have a couple of years left on their careers. newton signed a 6 year contract. in 2015 you might say Brady and Manning are worth more in 2020 you probably won’t

Rogers and Rothlisberger are the only two that jump out as no brainers IMO

I like Newton better that Flacco, Romo, Wilson, Dalton and all the borderline guys (maybe not Tanny).

I happen to like Rivers so I take him over Newton. And I take Luck over Newton too but I don;t think its as easy as most people think.

I think I take Newton over Eli Manning as well

Alex Smith or andy dalton over Newton is laughable

Piggy – It was just for this season, and I should add that part of the created criteria was winning football games, and not so muchstats. This happened when Tucker compared Newton to Ryan, and then Booger said Ryan lost 10 games last season with all that offensive firepower. Dalton’s record is insane, it’s 40-23-1. Once you add these different criteria, it really muddies the comparison.

The QB is the most important focal point of the team…Team, it’s still however a ‘TEAM’ game when it comes to wins and losses.

QB W/L records eh? 😉

but the whole point of having that conversation is Cam newton’s contract
      which locks him up long term

Its a stupid conversation
      They didn;t sign Cam Newton to a one year contract

In the future, humans are going to be artificially intelligent.
    That’s the prediction of Ray Kurzweil, director of engineering at Google (GOOGL, Tech30), who spoke Wednesday at the Exponential Finance conference in New York.

Kurzweil predicts that humans will become hybrids in the 2030s. That means our brains will be able to connect directly to the cloud, where there will be thousands of computers, and those computers will augment our existing intelligence. He said the brain will connect via nanobots — tiny robots made from DNA strands.
    “Our thinking then will be a hybrid of biological and non-biological thinking,” he said.

_________________________
    God help us….this isn’t gonna end well with idiots like this pushing the technology envelope in the wrong arenas….SMH!

He may not be right on the time line but we’ve already seen how humans have altered their behavior with electronic computer devices like smart phones etc. It’s like the most important item one cannot do without. There is no doubt that something like what he’s talking about is in our future.

Right, and its sliding down a very slippery slope from here on out…Can you say Freaky!

• Jahndoh30 says:

I don’t see how cell phones represents a slide down anything. Technology is a product of the human mind. You of all people GDP must believe that the ability to innovate is a gift from God. All technology has the potential to be weaponized, but it also has the potential to do good. The Nazi’s invented ballistic missles, and never got to use them in WW2 (to any extent beyond experimental) before the regime fell. The rest of the world took that technology and figured out how to put men on the moon.

I guess I’m saying, technology is not to be feared IMHO, but I don’t live a life of fear either. I think all the fear mongering we see today is extremely unhealthy for the members of our society who partake in it.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Tiny robots made from DNA strands? That’s just stupid. The jetsons told me we’d have flying cars and populate outerspace by now too.

Flacco has been more successful than Newton, and has better stats too. I’m not a fan of Flacco myself though. I know team record and QB record don’t necessarily mean the team won because of the QB (Or lost for that matter), but Flacco is 72-40, and except for one season, has at least a 2-1 TD/INT ratio, and a SB winning season as well.

Not sure I want to gain my NFL acumen from a guy named Booger.

GD, to me technological advancements is evolution and part of human nature. That doesn’t mean mistakes or evil won’t come from it, but I don’t think fear and negativity should be the first reaction to it, because it also creates a lot of positivity.

20. jetsssuck says:

June 4, 2015 at 9:21 am

—————————————————————————————-
    No plagiarism Tim.
    We only want original work nothing copied and pasted as their own. We know the consequences could be devastating and include up to fines of 20k along with jail time
    we know your writing style and their are many plagiarism free checkers applications.

I have no idea what you’re getting at.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Come on Jetsuck…that’s a wild accusation, and I don’t believe it for a second. Tim, I agree with that analysis, I also like to point out projected on day 1 is our pro-bowl center back at his normal position and healthy, and I at least have a little faith that Albert will be able to get through a season. If you draw a graph of our OL from 2014-2015 and beyond, it’s pointing the right way, regardless of how badly you want to believe the worst case scenario is going to transpire.

If he’s suggesting that I didn’t write what I wrote above then he’s reaching for something that isn’t there and wasting everyone’s time.

Piggs, My niece’s boyfriend just had a game app released on the apple app store named Piggs

Tim, I don’t know what the game is I just thought it was ironic that he called it Piggs like what I call Piggy. I didn’t even know he was a developer.

• jetsssuck says:

how would one market these programs? Their are millions of apps in these app stores.Interesting. I had to take VB in my old job and I never got to use it.

I don’t know but getting in the apple app store is probably a huge deal

• jetsssuck says:

any1 can get in the app store the thing is getting people to buy it. These companies are taking to the tv offering free trial with no risk involved but they don’t tell you they can install malware if you ask to uninstall the free game..

23. Great job as usual Mike E!!!

“Piggs” is obviously about a game about humans trying to better themselves to be more like Pigs

…its real fantasy type stuff

“Jamar’s done an outstanding job. He’s come into it very confidently, coming through a good offseason. He’s got his shoulder back rehabbed and ready to go. I see a real spark in Jamar the way he’s practicing, but just in his overall mental attitude. He’s confident, he’s determined, he wants to go out and win a job.”

— Coyle, with a serious attaboy Taylor.

Gigi, thanks for keeping me in mind with all things bizarre. And yes I actually wrote this. LOL

Thanks Gigi!

Looks like someone has been spending too much time around Stills…lol

LMAO, bout sums it all up!

That whole courageous comparison thing is a waste of fucking time. It’s the spawn of nitwits who like to rile people up with dumb shit.

Yeah I agree

No one tells me what courage is
        Its my opinion based on what moves me

when you see it and you are moved its an emotional reaction

You know stepping on a tack is painful bc you feel it
        courage is no different

I’m a little tired of people hijacking what I should feel like for a political agenda

• jetsssuck says:

the whole couragous military meaning gets lost with people who never served. It means are you couragous enough to kill someone you have no beef with and are ordered to kill a person on nothing but a order. Bowe Bergdahl deserves the firing squad. The guy who wants to be a women and the US gov is paying for it who leaked hundreds of US Spies lives deserves to die by firing squad.

Son

That Pig looks like he’s going to be belly sparking on the ground if he’s able to get up to speed with those tiny trotters.

30. I’m saving this to use for the Fins’ season

Piggy, I totally agree. I’m tired of people attaching politics to every fuckin thing in life.

our political structure is adversarial
      and that makes its inherently narrow minded
      life gives people a lot of chances not to be narrow minded

so yeah, I hate it when politics is pushed into everything
      it drives me crazy actually

I agree with Tim and Piggy. It’s courage on a completely different level what Bruce Jenner did. It’s courageous to change jobs because it’s a major life change, so imagine changing sexes. I can’t even comprehend it really, but I give him credit for finally doing what he’s always wanted to do.

• I agree as well. This had been going on with him since he was a little child, it’s not like he just decided hey let me do this to be freaky. He has gone through deep depression over it as well.

Exactly and why do people have to make comparisons anyway? Jenner’s issue is his own issue and has nothing to do with say a fireman running into a burning building or whatever. People can really be assholes.

Gigi — that gif of Newton shows the value of the “set for life” contract. Part of why signing them early comes with a discount. Think we got that by roping up Tanny early.

Was a smart move to get Tanny down on ink before Luck and others distorted the pay curve.
      Tanny was humble enough to sign and not play hardball. He’s confident in his abilities.

Go Tanny!

I’m, not saying Jenner is courageous

I’m just saying either you are inspired or not by something you think is courageous and I can respect anyone’s emotional reaction to that

The Kardashian family (Jenner included) as a whole does not move me in anyway b/c they look, more than anything else, to be more concerned with getting attention than anything else. If it wasn’t a member of that family I might be inspired but I am much too skeptical about them to be

Will only list the first three, but apparently anyone who stayed at a bar longer than intended and has had a hangover afterwards in the last year suffers alcohol abuse disorder. I get the problem, but…….
    —————————————-

“To be diagnosed with alcohol abuse disorder, you must meet at least two of 11 criteria in the same 12-month period. The criteria, according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, involve asking yourself if you have:

1. Had times when you ended up drinking more, or longer than you intended?
    2. More than once wanted to cut down or stop drinking, or tried to, but couldn’t?
    3. Spent a lot of time drinking? Or being sick or getting over the aftereffects?”

Wow!

I actually posted it because it was Funny?

You all have taken it/ me way to serious!!!!!

LOL, amazing what will spark a long drawn out debate here. 😉

The whole courageous thing has been a topic of debate in articles I’ve seen so your post just stirred it up. It’s all very silly, especially politics finding its way into it.

Its funny
      its just that people really think like that too

37. Let’s face it – the Kardashians became famous because Papa Kardashian was buddies w/O.J. and allegedly helped him get rid of the clothes he wore when he murdered his ex and her friend and then even more famous because Kim well….um…..had a sex tape that was planted all over the net. They are everything wrong with this country. As for Bruce, he obviously tried to overcome/cover-up things by marrying a few times and having several kids; it just did not work. I feel sorry for those who are making fun of him or mocking him; he contemplated suicide several times.

So is Caitlyn Jenner into guys or is she a lesbian? We know Bruce has been with women. Not that I care much what the answer is, just wondering.

She is probably up for a fire hose sprinkled with fairy dust if it makes good TV

Who knows Tim? But no matter what he does he’ll never be a lesbian in my book. Transgender hetero might be a possibility though.

39. Try Pod says:

The thing I find fascinating about the whole Bruce Jenner thing is that the perception from those who have the biggest problem with his current situation feel people on the left are responsible for this, when Bruce himself identifies as a person from the right side of things.

I don’t think it’s a political issue.

That is sort of what I touched on earlier

For some people, If you don;t like something just claim it was the “liberals” or “conservatives” fault

its hack politics

everything people don;t like, doesn’t become the ideology of another groups politics….lol

but that is what people do

Lets face it, not everyone is intelligent enough to have serious politcal debates
      its easier to just speak about another group venonmously

Bingo!

• Try Pod says:

Very valid point. Not everyone has the maturity necessary to have discussions about the human condition. I still am squeamish about some things, but I think I am smart enough not to try to label them them be I don’t understand them.

• Try Pod says:

Them because^

40. jetsssuck says:

getterdone says:
    June 4, 2015 at 11:10 am

In the future, humans are going to be artificially intelligent.

_________________________
    ————————————————————————————————–
    I have a neighbor who is a regional mgr for CompuCom and we once had a talk about the “cloud” pro/cons.He said the industry is going to save lots of money for big/medium companies since these cloud companies can hire the best. The job market isn’t going to be good for tech industry. He believes the only safe careers in the tech market is what he calls “smart hands”. They are techs who can take instructions well over the phone. Basically R & R.
    He believes the pro’s are a greater advantage for mankind. Medicine cures can be discovered where diseases can be cured because evryone is working at one location (after market cloud centers centralize and evryone outside of the organization can have access to centralized data/research. He believes this could take several decades but who controls and regulates the data in what country is what really scares him.

• Try Pod says:

One of the problems I see is that only the wealthiest will have the ability to access this, furthering the divide between the haves and the have-nots.

Sexual Preference?

Hell I wonder witch bathroom he/she uses now?

I take that back no I don’t!

I think she still pees standing up at this time
      So its probably quicker to use a bathroom with urinals
      I bet its a practical decision more than anything else
      men’s room is just faster….lol

• jetsssuck says:

The gov’t might make companies make separate bathrooms for whatever they describe him .My question is where does he golf from the woman’s T or males T or maybe the liberals will make a 3rd tie box for Jenner types. Maybe he is doing it for lawsuits because he is confused where he can go to the bathroom and believes he desrves his own bathroom.

Has Jenner changed his genitalia?

Prediction

When things reach their lowest point for the Kardashian family
    and people get bored with them

Caitlyn and Kim K film a lesbian scene together

44. bat says:

If Bruce/Caitlyn is pulling this stunt because that’s who he/she really is, how come the photo on the cover of Vanity Fair is air brushed and photo shopped to make him/her look like a twenty something ingenue instead of a pathetic 65 year old creep? … Jenner is an annoying attention whore just like the rest of that wretched family.

Jennertalia is a new olympic sport

its the decathalon without the pole vault

LOL
    The Pole Vault has been replaced with the Taco Dive….

Interesting points to consider. If our DL is one of the top units in the league with Wake, Suh, Mitchell/Phillips, Vernon…then do you blitz as much as you have in the past? More? Less?

IMO….I think it will/should always depend on the game situation & matchups!
    Yes Suh & Co. can get a good enough pass rush on their own most of the time, but even so, it could then really open some lanes for the blitzes to now become very deadly & effective….maybe game changing turnovers with someone coming in unimpeded.
    Think about it.

We have some really good blitzers so I think we’ll still see some of that. But getting a good pass rush with 4 is always ideal.

Photo of the actual brush used for the Jenner airbrush

Bat, Jenner didn’t do this for attention, but yes he is an attention whore like the rest of them so obviously this draws a lot of attention and he’s likely enjoying it. So be it, I don’t watch the show.

SMH, Really Tim?
      If he didn’t do it for attention, then WTF is he doing interview after interview, Vanity Fair, a reality show about it, etc etc

He might be making a statement from a point of principal on whatever exact group he figures he is now part of, but yeah I think the kicker on that is probably going to be a reality show. Not like he doesn’t know how much the Kardashians have made off the same.

50. bat says:

Tim .. If he didn’t do it for attention, why announce it? ..Why do the Vanity Fair shoot? ..Why have it coincide with the debut of the idioitic new TV show. Are you really that naive and trusting of the motives of this pinhead?

June 4, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Good point Stanger. I don’t think he did it solely for money, but he/she is surely now exploiting the hell out of it joining right in with the media frenzy….lol
    Sad, what our society thinks is news worthy.

Nobody gives a shit about poor Bud!

Rams waived/injured WR Bud Sasser.
    Sasser was the Rams’ sixth-round pick at no. 201 overall. He entered the league with a heart condition, and has been unable to gain medical clearance. Sasser figured to compete for the Rams’ final receiver spot.

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins · 8m8 minutes ago
    Power Clean: 385 lbs
    Bench: 430 lbs
    Squat: 565 lbs

@JamilDouglas75 isn’t satisfied: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/344wo

You don’t change your sex for attention, come on guys. Jenner is in the public eye and they’ve been following his transformation for months without him saying a thing, they’re called the media.

Not saying he won’t cash in on it, but there has to be a deeper conviction to change your sex than a reality TV show which he already had.

Wyoming, hopefully Douglas can transition that strength in the weight room into his anchor, leg drive, hands, & punch.
    He could be a very good selection and become a solid LG for us, as well as emergency T.

385 pounds!!!
    I will be doing cleans today in my crossfit class
    if I hit 95 pounds I will be amazed….lol

LMAO @ Jennertalia! Well done Doggy!

This is really awesome. I love innovation like this for the common good.

When an athlete does a perfect Taco Dive, they call it a snatcher.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Don Shula, Bob Griese and Hank Goldberg hanging out at Gulfstream today. Is there a big horse race this weekend?

“but he/she is surely now exploiting the hell out of it joining right in with the media frenzy….lol
    Sad, what our society thinks is news worthy.”

GDP — far as I can figure it all started with Paris Hilton. The you are someone cause you are someone syndrome. And hey — at least Jenner was someone before, but he needed to get tits to dive into that money madness.

Yup, and today’s society gobbles up just about anything thrown at it, except for GOOD, cause that is being propagandized as BAD. The world is turning upside down. 😉

Good article. I agree with most of the players on the list and the reasons why.
    If 7-8 of those players do improve then we really do have one helluva team in the making for 2015.

Go Phins!

Jamil Douglas has power, but the problem is, his power in the weight room doesn’t translate to the field. When he does that, he’ll be a better player.

64. bat says:

“You don’t change your sex for attention, come on guys. Jenner is in the public eye and they’ve been following his transformation for months without him saying a thing, they’re called the media”.

Tim … Jenner wasn’t in the public eye for anything other than being on the fringes of the Kardashian circus. Nobody gave a shit about Bruce Jenner or cared if they ever saw or heard from him ever again. Hence the fortuitous unveiling of Caitlyn and the accompanying frenzy of attention. Yes, the media is a willing accomplice, but someone had to alert the media to the grand plan. Reporters weren’t staking out Bruce Jenner for news because he was so interesting. I’m really surprised that you are buying into this crap.

You’re not reading what I said. He didn’t change his sex for attention, it’s something he’s struggled with his whole life. I agreed with you that he’s an attention whore like the rest and that he’ll willingly cash on in on this. What crap exactly am I buying?

Thinking he changed his sex simply for attention and a show sounds like something that would come out of the world according to Rush.

Don, Bob and Hank after surgery. LOL

66. bat says:

The middle one is Jenner before the photo shop/air brushing ….

Bat

Do you ever listen to WFAN in NY?

The downside of an internet presence.
    ——————————–
    “Our guys are combing through social media and they see some moron standing in front of this command center. In some open forum he’s bragging about the command and control capabilities of Daesh, ISIL. So our guys do some work and, long story short, about 22 hours later three JDAMs take that entire building out.”

— Air Force General Hawk Carlisle

69. bat says:

Tim .. That family will do ANYTHING for attention. Brucie baby is just trying to outdo the rest of the miscreants and advance up the family pecking order. You’re buying into the idea that Jenner is doing this purely for personal reasons. If that were so, it would not be the spectacle that it is and that he has encouraged. Believe what you will.

You keep conveniently ignoring some of what I said, do my posts use invisible fonts for some words? LOL

You’re unfairly pretending to know his feelings and broad brushing it all for publicity. I think you’re wrong about that. Nobody gets a sex change purely for attention, it’s too much of an emotional and physical change.

70. bat says:

Mike … I used to all the time when I lived there. Now I only tune in Francesca during football season to hear him kill the Jests … Is he even on FAN anymore?

bat — as a fellow ex-WFAN listener…….would be great to have you and your little lovely to the fest this year.

Mmm, tasty looking! So non-Jenner looking….lol

Don sitting on the end totally spread eagle. LOL

Bat

Yeah, Francesa is still on the FAN, you could even watch his show on the YES network. Last week when the Vanity Fair thing came out, the two late morning hosts Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno were on, and Roberts shows the picture to Joe, and Joe thinks it’s Jenner’s daughter, and says something to the effect that “Hey bro, she’s hot”. Roberts then tells Joe that that picture is Bruce, and Joe goes”Ohhhhhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhhh, Noooooooooooo, Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh”. It was funny as hell.

75. bat says:

Stanger … It’s early for me to commit to the fest .. Mrs. Bat has to see when she can get some time off ..Plus who wants to see our futility against the Texans in person? …lol

Jenner is smart with the money though. It only cost $100,000 to look like that so far. Kim probably has spent that much on just one Brazilian butt lift.

That taco looks good.

78. bat says:

“Nobody gets a sex change purely for attention, it’s too much of an emotional and physical change.”

Tim … And you know this how? … You castigate me for interpreting his feelings yet proceed to do so yourself. The human mind is capable of all manner of grotesque and unimaginable actions. Why is so hard to believe that a member of such a perverse and dysfunctional family would be averse to such an act in the name of publicity, cash and fame?

79. Al in MIA says:

Just catching up with some of the comments but ‘transgender’ and ‘transsexual’ are not the same thing evidently. From what I understand, you can identify psychologically with a specific sex and not be attracted to same, opposite, or even any sex. It gets pretty deep when discussing transgender psychology lol.

Bat — would be great to see you again regardless, but do realize it is Oct 25. Might cut into your week-long prep for Halloween. 🙂

81. bat says:

used the wrong word ..amenable instead of averse …lol

Bat, that’s my opinion. We’ve spent enough time on this already. Bruce or Caitlyn Jenner is not going to effect our lives anyway so why continue debating speculation? The taco discussion is way cooler. LOL

83. bat says:

Mike LMAO @ Benigno .. He’s also very entertaining to listen to when the Jests are struggling …

LOL @ New Age on if it’s really me.

Is it possible for legs to be too long? For perspective, she’s 5’11” already. This Chinese model must be related to Yao Ming.

86. bat says:

Tim ..Mine is an opinion as well. I enjoyed the discussion and exchange of points of view … I find sexual innuendo discussions to be droll and childish …lol

So I guess that Garoppolo’s 5 ints will persuade Goodell to reduce Brady suspension a couple games, lol.

88. bat says:

Brady’s suspension reduction is a done deal. Why do you think Kraft dropped his hard line battle with the league?

Read the food truck’s slogan closely…lol

Someone say long legs?

That Taco truck reminds me of Pussy Liquors in The House of a 1,000 Corpses. LOL

wtf is this ‘great job mike e’ bullshit. this has to be the worst damn thing he has ever written. it makes one yearn for the old exodus days.

i read the whole damn article and not one fucking BOTW……what a complete waste of time. thanks for nothing mike

Ok, one for the football blog….lol. We all wanna see more of this!

94. Al in MIA says:

New Age says:
    June 4, 2015 at 3:10 pm

——
    But Garoppolo is suppose to be the best QB in the AFC East LOL

• New Age says:

I have it on good authority by the braided coconut and he is never wrong or biased. Just chalk it up to the amazing NE defense this year…

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Landry Jones’ accuracy “hasn’t improved.”
    It’s not a surprise. Jones has been scattershot going back to his days at Oklahoma. The 2013 fourth-rounder is battling Tajh Boyd for No. 3 duties, and could easily lose his spot on the Steelers’ 53-man roster. Jones simply isn’t an NFL-level talent.

finfanrob says:
    June 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I think Tim made up for it…

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    BUT anytime you make a move in the offseason for money reasons I’m not into it. I disagreed with 3 $ moves. Wallace, Starks & Shelley Smith
    _________________________
    WOW, he really is losing it…actually never had it ! lol

Shelley Smith had his chance here. Not sure if he was ever really healthy, but he’s gone now, so we have to hope either D. Thomas or J. Douglas gets the job done, or a vet OG is cut.

“The armed Cooley was dropping his daughter off for a flight, when police officers approached Cooley, asking why he was carrying a semiautomatic weapon with an extended capacity 100-round drum.

His response? “Safety.”

You’ve got quite a few people afraid because calls are like just coming in left and right,” one officer told Cooley.

“People’s fears are not my responsibility,” responded Colley.
    ——————
    That was at the Atlanta airport, and what he did was perfectly legal under Georgia state law.
    I get the whole 2nd amend thing…..but seems it can be taken too far.

I just read that. I do not want to see civilians carrying guns around in public like that, sorry I don’t.

More than anything it is just so darn selfish. Other peoples’ fears are not my responsibility???? You feel OK yelling at people in the streets too?

And btw — he was doing more than just dropping her off……

Stanger, would love to see how some of these guys feel about a new law where dudes including gay guys can walk around nude and other people’s opinions about it is not their concern. I’m sure it would go over just like that. LOL

It’s official…You’re Obsessed. 😉

You know exactly how he would feel about that. Thing is the guy is so fing stupid. He wanted to make his guns right statement, and he did. But end product is that he got people in the middle of the subject thinking, “that just ain’t right.”

Keep an eye on Audrey Walker, the UDFA OL we got from So Cal.

Walker was slowed in the early going of 2014 as he continued to work his way back from offseason ankle surgery. Walker had a good athletic skill set and is sleeper lineman who has upside for the NFL. He did not participate in the Combine.

The Trojans moved Walker inside to guard for 2013. That paid off as he was vastly improved there. However, Walker’s year ended early with a broken ankle against UCLA. That ankle injury continued to bother him during fall training camp. He has a lot of athletic ability and a skill set to develop.
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2015OG.php#E1hpG5tTOMvrF0dV.99

June 4, 2015 at 4:22 pm

wait, you mean it isnt a law? no wonder the cops keep harassing me.

Stanger, it’s idiots like that Cooley guy that give gun rights activists a BAD name. No sense acting extreme like Islamic extremists etc.

The extreme are the ones who always ruin it for the rest in everything.

He’s hurting his own cause. Makes no sense. Also makes me worried that someone like him has an AR-15 with a 100 round mag…….not that I want to make policy judgments off one guy.

I don’t want criminals with more sinister ideas taking advantage of this or taking a guy like this over, getting his gun and opening fire on everyone.

Absolutely — dude walked into a crowded airport with a semi-auto and a hundred round mag. Can the next Virginia Tech or Newtown shooter walk into his local airport, school or stadium with the same and the cops can’t do anything until he actually pulls the trigger?

This from the Sun Sentinels’ “Duh, No shit file”

Dolphins middle linebacker Koa Misi could benefit from playing behind Ndamukong Suh

Not a fan of people walking around with 100 round clips. Where does it end? Do we all drive tanks?

I want to carry around a sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached to their heads!

Couple of interesting stories i heard about recently.

First one was a guy in canada who cut off his own arm with a sawzall because he said he felt like a disabled person trapped in a able persons body…. I heard a lot of people calling the dude crazy, but umm whats the different arm vs penis, infact id argue most people would rather lose their arm than their penis.

Second was a 18 year old woman who just married her father. He left the family when she was a very young child like 4ish and then re-united 14 years later. when they did they said sparks flew and they fell in love. She lost her virginity to her dad not too long after they re-united. pretty sick stuff.

What’s wrong with carrying a gun around?

Ya’ll must hang around with the wrong crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong. Does it have to have a 100 round clip? No offense, but I’ve seen the American public, and NO, I don’t want them carrying guns with 100 round clips.

Getting serious — I’d do away with large capacity magazines to start with. In fact…..thinking say eight should be enough for everyone. You need more…..feel free to reload.

Got nothing against it so long as I am on the right side of the gun.

You have to have one before you can even have a side! 😉

LOL — and true that I’ve never even touched a gun in my life. But then have never felt the need for one either.

D says:
    June 4, 2015 at 5:17 pm
    Couple of interesting stories i heard about recently.

Wyo, you live on a ranch and play cowboy with a population of 47, it’s a little different where some of us live. LOL

Caitlyn Jenner would benefit by playing behind Suh

Wyo

Just go to a WalMart, and walk around for an hour, and then imagine all those people walking around with automatic weapons with 100 round clips. You may change your mind. lol

Stanger

Eight is Enough? Dick Van Patten agrees. lol

Stanger, 11 Helen’s agree.

I’m 95% certain I’ve settled on my new jersey.

Wow! There must’ve been a lot of comp picks in that 3rd round, I bet the cheats had their share 😉

Brian, I think that’s a safe jersey.

• Brian in NY says:

Me too, because unfortunately that has to figure into the equation nowadays. My son picked Devante. I let him watch highlights and he said “I want Landry too. No, I want the new guy.”

LMFAO @ Stanger!

Dolphins most likely to improve article Getterdone posted above:

“Jamar’s done an outstanding job,” Coyle said. “He’s come into it very confidently, coming through a good offseason. He’s got his shoulder back rehabbed and ready to go. I see a real spark in Jamar the way he’s practicing, but just in his overall mental attitude. He’s confident, he’s determined, he wants to go out and win a job.”

I’ve seen this quote several times and it just kills me that no one has fixed it or even put a correction in. I’m pretty sure Coyle didn’t mean to say “just in his overall mental attitude”.

Maybe this doesn’t come across so good but there was a story around this time last year that Jamar was frustrated over his rookie year because of injuries and that he considered quitting football but his girlfriend convinced him to stay. Something along those lines so this might have been said to sort of acknowledge that.
      You can probably thank Suh for his now confident and determined disposition!

118. Rhino says:

offseason, doldrums discussions on this site: “wars and whores” LOL

• Brian in NY says:

Better than “chicks with dicks”. Oh, wait…

LOL — but technically we haven’t discussed that that either. Only thing we have discussed is present dick owner who prefers to be a chick and knows how to “pole” vault. 🙂

Steve

I guess it was the 7th RD then. I obviously don’t count too good. lol

120. Rhino says:

Dolphins, A’s, Warriors…. this is the first time in 25 years one of my teams is in the championship game(s). I’m so starved for a trophy to vicariously claim that I’m thinking of hiring Alyssa Milano to do a UNICEF commercial for my benefit. 🙂

I’ll be rooting for you Rhino. But keep in mind that you’ll only get Milano on a pay for play basis. By all reports she’s a real baseball fan……

Bri

Good choice on the #14

122. naplesfan2010 says:

No shows at patsies* practice today:
    * Alan Branch, Malcolm Butler, AJ Derby, Dont’a Hightower, Chandler Jones, Chris Jones, Brandon LaFell, Jerod Mayo, Sealver Siliga, Matthew Slater, Sebastian Vollmer and Ryan Wendell all appeared to be among the missing for Thursday’s session.

* The drone that was spotted at last week’s session was not hovering over practice on Thursday.

Rob, You better check again. What are the first four pictures after the article? BOTM ! FTW!

Rhino, if you are going to hire her anyway, maybe you can do your buddy Rockphin a solid?

DR. RHINO; Last time the Warriors won the NBA Title I was still watching the NBA. Liked them b/c, I believe, Rick Barry was on that team, right?? Watched Rick play at U-M when they played their home games in the Miami Beach Convention Center (the site of Liston vs. Clay in 1964).–Barry lead the NCAA in scoring his senior year at Miami. Watched him almost single-handidly take down the Florida Gators that season at the MBCC. –Three Gators fouled out trying to guard him. –Barry was something like 22-23 that night with his underhanded free throws. AWESOME!!!

I don’t think there was a guy in the schoolyard when I was a kid that didn’t try to shoot the underhanded free throws like Rick Barry did.

I don’t get why guys like Dwight Howard and Diondre Jordan from the Clippers don’t shoot underhanded FTs. I mean, wouldn’t you want to be able to stay in the game at the end, instead of coming out, because of the hack a shaq?

127. naplesfan2010 says:

Grimes only had two PD and 0 INTs the last 7 games of the year. Which might suggest his second half and first half had a large split. Given the depletion of the whole Miami secondary during the second half of last season I don’t know if it was due to a change in the schemes Miami used him in or if he really did run out of gas…

Remember we were literally signing corners off the street and cutting some trying to get through the season. The LBs were banged up and there was a lot rotating guys in and out and I believe communication was an issue. It really came apart on defense and that can’t happen again.

The plan with Chris McCain from what Philbin said about him if he wins the starting SOLB job is he plays base OLB and then serves as a 3rd down edge rusher at times. So when we go to nickel what we might see is McCain go to DE on long down and distance situations and replace one DL with a nickel corner. Very little change in personnel – keeping guys who are in the game mentally on the field and utilizing their versatility.

128. naplesfan2010 says:

Grimes was rated 24th best CB and Finnegan 38th best CB last year.
    That is not very good.

for Rob

Son, I remember that with Jamar Taylor but he was frustrated more than anything else. He said he loves the game too much and retiring from it really wasn’t an option but his situation was challenging him. He played in 12 games last year until his shoulder shut him down. So he was past the rookie injuries which was also an illness, he had some medication issues fucking with his organs. I believe his injury was a sports hernia that he’s gotten over.

So it’s not like Taylor has hurt his legs/knees etc. which can strip a corner of his main assets. We’ll see. He’s shown promise when he’s played. I wants him to lock down the other side opposite Grimes. I think he’s got some big play ability, can support the run and competes with receivers.

Mike E:
    Really nice break down on the CBs. Good write up bro.

I think Rock has found a way to make the extra point play more exciting. Just use her as a kicking tee.

Apples and oranges. The only way to truly rank players like that is to have them compete in the same setting, other than that it’s a farce. Game, opponent, circumstance, scheme, personnel, matchups……… we can go on and on. How do you compare CLE @ IND and NE @ MIA and rank players?

We’re not posting nude or vulger pics guys please remember we have ladies here and I’m sure there are plenty of opportunities for kids to see this stuff.

So Knock it off!

• herdfan says:

You shouldn’t even have to say this. Plenty of opportunities to ‘see this stuff’ on the internet for anyone who wants to see it. Everyone knows there are ‘ladies’ here. The fact is it doesn’t matter to them. It’s total bullshit to say ‘I didn’t know it was going to be like that’. If you have to ask yourself whether or not something is ok to post the answer is no, it isn’t ok. What a fucking waste of time and effort this has turned out to be. 😦

In Rock’s defense, he realized that he went over the line immediately after he posted, and said as much. His reply was something to the effect of “I didn’t realize it was going to be that graphic”. Seemed sincere to me; let’s not kill him for it.

Folks, I apologized immediately after the photo posted and suggested it be moderated. The picture was much smaller on the site I linked it from and I couldn’t see the “detail” that was visible on the larger format picture that posted here. The picture did not appear to be “nude” before I saw it in the much larger format on here. I will refrain from posting pictures in the future.

Herd, My apology is sincere and not bullshit. I would never intentionally make anyone here uncomfortable. I hope you can forgive my mistake.