Mathis – Let’s talk it out

Mathis – Let’s talk it out

By son of a son of a shula

I wanted to write about our O-line this week and I considered introducing the fringe guys since we all know the main players anyway. Then earlier in the week when Naple’s AFC comparison ran Old Dolphan said that our O-line among them had the most question marks and the worst depth or something to that effect. Not necessarily agreeing I went to each of the four teams web sites and put each teams O-line players into tables to see if anything stood out (I copied each players line from the official team rosters so it included size weight school years in and age). The Jets have 3 starters in their tenth year, the pats have two guys that share a birthday with my father for one and my brother the other one, the Bills have only one Center listed and the jets have the tallest lineman at 6’9 but besides that nothing really stood out in terms of some sort of viable comparison. All four teams have a range of guys who are young unheard of and BIG. Plus I just didn’t have the interest in doing internet research on all those fat-asses so I scrapped that idea.

The next thing I thought I would do is write a BS essay trying to convince you guys that our O-line would be better just because basically I was saying so. While I do have a strong hunch about Jamil Douglas it is however  nothing more than that – a hunch. I do truly believe in Billy Turner and I’m anxious to watch his tenure start and I’m relying on Brandon Albert being back to have my thesis hold up. So I plodded through trying to sound enthusiastic and encouraging about the Dolphins O-line and I just couldn’t continue. I did have this:

From Hal Habib at the Palm Beach Post on 2/10/15:

“Ryan Tannehill was sacked an average of 2.1 times per game with Albert protecting his blind side, 3.6 without him, when rookie Ja’Wuan James slid from right tackle to left and Dallas Thomas started most of the remaining games on the right.”

So what happens?

Evan Mathis happens. He gets cut.

Evan Mathis is currently a Free Agent!

Now I’ve got something!

So 31 year old CJ Mosely is signed and out goes Kamal Johnson – poof like that. Progress stopper be damned we got us a seasoned vet and still have a litter full of pups with Anthony Johnson, Deandre Coleman and AJ Francis. Then why can’t the same thing happen on the O-line? As I’ve said repeatedly we have Suh, everything is different now. If you think you can get Mathis and he helps you win then go get Mathis and let’s go win.

Who cares if undrafted rookie, practice squad at best new guy gets cut. Mathis is a starter if you get him. I noticed this post from Gigi earlier:

SisGigi says:

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 51s52 seconds ago
With Mathis being released by the Eagles today, here are the 5 teams with the biggest need at left guard:

1. Mia
    2. SF
    3. NE
    4. NYG
    5. Sea

Well then expect a bidding war and the winner isn’t going to have this guy ride the bench. He’s a starter the minute you sign him. It doesn’t matter how much you think Dallas Thomas is improving or if Jamil Douglas could actually steal the job you’ve got another seasoned vet plugged in as a starter. It’s even more crystal clear now that we better damn well be on a playoff run.

Do we even have a shot at Mathis? Those are some perennial playoff teams in the bidding. 49ers unfortunate offseason notwithstanding. Then I read the following:

naplesfan2010 says:

June 11, 2015 at 8:56 pm (Edit)

Mathis played college football for the University of Alabama. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft, and has also played for the Miami Dolphins [in 2008], Cincinnati Bengals, and the Philadelphia Eagles. His uncle is Bob Baumhower, who played defensive tackle for Alabama and the Miami Dolphins.[15]

Isn’t that interesting?

Of course we know as well that Mathis has indeed worked with Coach Lazor.

Maybe we have a chance.

Do we have the money?

I suspect they would be able to fit Mathis in the current cap although I don’t keep close tabs on the cap situation.

Let me say this though, since this has all been from a fan’s perspective, what if the team really does like the improvement in Thomas and they do think Douglas has a shot to steal the job and they aren’t even interested in anyone from the outside. What if that is true and the O-line goes out and just kicks ass? You’d have to hand it to Coach and Hickey for sticking to their guns. Could you sweat out the season if we don’t sign Mathis? Assuming Albert is healthy, there will be 3 first rounders surrounding a  solid prospect in his second year in the system in Turner and either a 3rd yr vet coming into his own in Thomas or a fired up rookie who said he would and did take a job in Douglas. We may just simply be in a win – win situation in that case.

I like the reconstitution of the team through this off season. I like just about every move as I feel it was for the betterment of a stronger team culture without losing talent and in most cases significantly upgrading so I’m on board for however the Mathis Free Agency plays out. We saw the injuries pile up last season, hopefully it doesn’t happen again but it goes to show you can never have enough guys.

A new season of Orange is the New Black is currently streaming on Netflix – Enjoy

This entry was posted in A Sonny Football Fantasy. Bookmark the permalink.

329 Responses to Mathis – Let’s talk it out

1. Try Pod says:

If I don’t read it because you might have copied done of it without proper citation, is it still plagiarism?

2nd and oink

Good stuff Son

Fat guys need research too though

3. naplesfan2010 says:

I think they would be able to pay Mathis this year, but what about next year?
    Can Aponte work out a front-end loaded 2-yr deal? He’d be 35 then?
    What if they can afford Mathis? Would we go to the 3 young OGs and say ok one of you will start on the right and the other 2 will make the 53, but watch how an AllPro plays the ZBS for 2 yrs and then you can step in and play. Or if we get injuries this yr, then you might be first man up.
    I know this is not realistic as I type it, because I’m not trying to write a perfect script, just an idea.

4. naplesfan2010 says:

Mathis was ranked #1 or 2 LG each of the last 3 seasons. First, Chip Kelly is a strange coach to let that get away. But we already knew that with him losing Maclin, DeSean, LeSean, and both starting guards (Herremanns also) for nothing.
    Second, let’s say Mathis IS in decline. Then we have a top 10 player at his position this yr and a top 15 player next year. Then we cut him and let the young guys take over. Is that better than developing Thomas and/or Douglas on the field to make mistakes while learning?

5. naplesfan2010 says:

I do think several other teams have more money to throw at Mathis than we do. So not getting him is not a negative reflection on our team, as if he just does not want to play here.
    I don’t think his uncle or his previous stop here gives us any advantage.

I’m not sure he will command a big salary on the open market given that it appears the eagles were unable to trade him

Its possible Mathis retires if no one offers him enough $

Nice job Sonny! Good to see you’re flexible on this. We could have hunches on players from today till tomorrow, but Evan Mathis would be a big upgrade over anyone we have on the roster at G, so we should try our best to make it happen. If we could sign an old DT like Mosley, we can sign Mathis. Heck, I’d cut Mosley to sign Mathis for that matter!

7. naplesfan2010 says:

Interesting write-up, Son.

I read the article, I’m living on the edge. I wonder if Son took those photos himself and didn’t copy them from the internet? 😉

Also looking forward to watching some OITNB. I knew it was released sometime this month but had kind of forgotten it.

Oinking In The New Bacon?

I also noticed that I’ve seen all those words int he bog before
      I am familiar with each word
      Albeit the order of the words was different and sometimes used with other words

I conclude that Son’s blog is suspect!

Next time invent some new words

Piggy

I couldn’t get the poll to post. I’ve saved it, but couldn’t figure out the widget situation, and where I was supposed to paste the link.

I put some additional instructions at the end of the blog last night

Once you save the poll
      copy the embed link
      go into appearance on the right side scroll
      then into widgets
      then into secondary _______
      then click on polls
      and you will see the old poll link and where you can paste the new poll

Piggy

I don’t see Mathis retiring. Someone is going to pay him enough $$$ to keep him playing for another year minimum.

Mathis seems logical but at his age he could also be on the downside.

As is Mosley’s, but we signed him. I maintain that Mathis is better than either Thomas, Turner or Douglas at this point.

Piggy

I got it, but my poll is too fat! LMAO!!!

Herd, the new season started last night, it was supposed to start at midnight but they actually started it earlier at around 9 o’clock.

LOL @ Fat guys need research too
    That’s pretty funny Piggs

I watched Tom Hanks new special The Seventies on CNN last night. Really cool recap of that time many of us grew up in albeit at different ages. It’s an 8 part series, I recommend it. The first one focused on how television began to change in the 70’s including MNF starting in 1970 with Cosell, Meredith and Gifford all wearing their yellow jackets. LOL

I saw promo’s for it but forgot to watch it did look interesting.

It’s a blast from the past because we remember all those groundbreaking social commentary shows like ‘All in the Family’ and ‘Good Times’ etc. When you see it you realize it was such a different time yet we experienced it.

LOL@ Mike’s fat poll

I don;t know WTF that is about

Why don;t you go back to the widgets area and erase the other two polls but leave your new one up
    that might make the difference

I don;t know what you did
      When I go into admin and check the feedback/polls section your poll isn;t saved

So you did the initial poll wrong
      You are supposed to go to feedback
      then go to polls
      then create a poll on that page
      then save it

Where did you get the fat poll….lol

nice job son. Personally I’m happy we signed mosely and I’d be happier if we also sign mathis.

I also forgot about the mathis – Lazor connection from philly. Thanks for reminding me.

Boy those polls are cool where you can’t read everything said in some categories. LOL

18. twicethethe says:

Mike’s Fat Poll lol:

Piggy

I’m dangerous when it comes to computers. Sorry! My fat poll is too much for this blog to handle. lol

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins · 33m33 minutes ago
    It’s Friday!

21. twicethethe says:

When creating a poll, there’s an option for what size it should be (I think it can be edited after the fact). Choose the ‘Narrow’ option for the poll size, and that should fix things.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer · 18m18 minutes ago
    Pic of the Day: Welcome back Brittany C. to the squad!

23. Try Pod says:

..”Headless children trying on hats”… LOL

Made a new poll, and it’s nice and skinny, svelte even, but I can’t figure out how to delete the old one.

Lol, Piggy’s new poll cracks me up. Mike E, I think we’ve all been there at some point.

On Mathis, he’s pretty much a guaranteed solid contributor at least. Since Tanny has never had a solid OL, we should try our best but this guy isn’t going to get amazing money. I’m not 100% sure he realizes that though.

27. Try Pod says:

New poll:
    Should Mike E be responsible for polls?
    *Yes- it’s funny as Hell as he has no chance of getting it right yet he continues to try
    *No- at some point you have to realize that dog is more or less dead and should be put out of it’s misery.
    *Wait, we have polls?

Mike E is too sexy for these polls, too sexy for these polls, when he’s disco dancing.

I also LMAO at Piggy’s poll. The headless children thing got me literally to laugh out loud.

I’m going to go out on a limb, and say Tim was the “Maybe, but let’s see how much $$$ he wants” vote

31. bat says:

I like how Brittany C’s outfit is cut to accentuate her “starving third world child” rib cage … very attractive …

Kong

Fuck logic, we’re in it to win it. Like Teddy KGB says, “Pay that man his money!” lol

Lol, I like the optimism but I just don’t believe we’re one guard away from a SB. Mathis would help, no doubt and I’d take him at the right price but it would also be nice to develop both our young guards and maybe be better off next year. With luck we can do both but only at the right price IMO. 🙂

LOL @ Bat – I’m guessing you like the fat polls better than the skinny polls then. lol

34. bat says:

Mike .. LOL .. I enjoy the process of you creating the poll regardless of size …

Later Kong!

36. Jahndoh30 says:

“Wow!

You can’t see the forest for the trees.

I’ll give you the C. Thompson BS fouls, but that’s it. The play at the end of the game where LeBron came behind Steph the ball came loose Dellabadorka gets the loose ball on the ground, then gets hit in the head…Steph was very lackadaisical on that play, and that’s what I’m talking about, they don’t have the “this is an NBA Championship Game Mentality”. Dramond Green said basically the same thing after the last game.

Are you going to debate the fact that Iguodala looked like the only one giving an effort the other night for the entire game? Game 2 you had Clay giving the effort, Game 3 saw Steph in the 4th qtr give the effort it takes, other than that only small spurts.

I’ve been watching these guys for 3 yrs too, and yeah they’ve got a lot of postseason wins under their belts, but only one NBA Finals win under their belts.”

——————————–
    Steve,

You told me you’re rooting for GSW, but you also admitted you’re not a fan. So lets not do this cockwaving about who knows how those guys “look”. It’s ok if we disagree, but having a different perspective than you does not mean one of us is blind, and it definitely couldn’t mean I’m ALWAYS the one who’s blind, which you sometimes kinda insinuate btw…

Anyway, it’s all good. Say what you want, but before last night, through THREE games of the series, the foul calls were 2-1 and somehow Cleveland went from being the bottom 3rd in the league in defense to one of the best defensive teams of all time and the best defensive team in the league who was one of the least penalized in the league suddenly became hacks. I don’t think I was that far off the mark, but you can write it off as whatever you want.

FWIW, and since I want to be fair, you’re not the only person yesterday who told me Steph and Klay looked ho-humm. It’s probably just pedantics though, sitting and arguing what they LOOKED like. and since we’re both rooting for them, it seems extra trite.

37. Jahndoh30 says:

Mathis,

I didn’t respond to the poll because I’m having a hard time judging the hat modeling contest. 😛

But he could get huge money, but than again, it was widely reported then and now that he was given permission to seek a trade but yet Philly ended up cutting him. Makes me think if his market was THAT hot, he’d have fetched a mid rounder at least in trade for Philly.

I worry a bit about the whole attitude/not reporting for OTA’s thing. If a guy’s agent tells him to do it, he does it, and it works, what exactly prevents him from doing it again if he feels he’s outperformed this contract? This offseason was about getting rid of the “me first” players. I’m not saying Mathis IS one of those, but I think management better ask that question before giving him a big contract.

LOL @ cockwaving

Better than waving your Dellabadorka

• Jahndoh30 says:

My wife came into the room this morning after her run all abuzz about how Lebron had done just that last night during the game while adjusting his compression shorts. The TMZ headline read: “James’ Royal Penis Exposed”

Hey Jahn, did you see that video of possibly the largest great white ever caught on video? Suspected to be about 20 feet. Huge!

40. naplesfan2010 says:

pedantics? or semantics?

• Jahndoh30 says:

semantics is arguing the “meaning” of a word/phrase/term

pedantics is arguing minutiae that probably doesn’t really matter.

Jahn,

I think the series is over and congrats. There is no way LBJ can keep that pace and that team around him is bad. Warriors look to be in the hunt for the foreseeable future. Could turn into a Cavs/Warr finals 3 of the next 5 years as well. I would like to see Cleveland win a championship with LBJ though. That city needs some loving somewhere and their football team is incompetent.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I think the net few years the bulls and teams like the clipper/okstate could contend as well.

• New Age says:

I’d like to see the Clippers actually get closer to the prize. I think Ok state is getting dismantled but that’s just me. I think the Bulls are overrated every year. They get one really good year from Injury Man and then they have to be in the discussion every year. I don’t see it even with Butler who is what Rose should have been…a consistent threat.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I agree with that Boulder. I haven’t forgotten the Clips ejected the Dubs in 7 games just last season. If they had advanced instead of the Rockets, it would’ve been one hell of a grudge match series.

Jahn,
    are you from socal or bay area? For some reason I thought you were from southern california.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I’ve lived in SB (100 miles north of LA 100 Miles south of San Luis Obispo) for over 20 years, but I was born in Oakland and lived withing 40 miles of the coliseeum my entire childhood. I went to Raiders (boo! I know!) A’s and Warriors games before I could remember.

As far as pro sports go, I root for all bay area teams except for the fins…and my college loyalties are split between Cal and UCLA.

43. Try Pod says:

I guess it means something if he did more than sing about it:https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/country-singer-randy-howard-killed-235100094.html

pedantics = semantics = pointless

Wow people are spewing a lot of meaningless nonsense here today. LOL

46. naplesfan2010 says:

gotcha … hate minutiae for the sake of minutiae

Did we sign Mathis yet, or did we buy a trunkload of hats for headless children?

Mike E, yeah but saying headless children trying on hats is original and funny as hell. LOL

June 12, 2015 at 11:33 am (Edit)
    Also thought to be about 50 years old so she’s learned a few tricks along the way too.

It also said she was pregnant. Being over 50 and preggers would make her irritated I’d think. Just sayin.

• Try Pod says:

Also, her husband is probably trying to explain why his vasectomy didn’t take, which pisses get off even more.

Male great white’s don’t reach full maturity until 26 years old and females 33 years so she’s in prime mommy age I guess. I wonder when pregnant if they get bizarre cravings like instead of seals and fish she seeks pickles and maple syrup? LOL

Herd

It’s possible. lol

herdfan says:
    June 12, 2015 at 12:28 pm (Edit)
    Does that make him a plagerist?

****
    It’s “pigerist”

If you haven’t voted, there are currently 2 polls that require your participation. Thank you in advance from the Master Pollmaker.

I know, Piggy’s joke was great. I was just kidding.

That’s the kind of joke you get two different responses from at the Thanksgiving table. Some laugh out loud and others have a look of horror. That makes it even funnier for me. LOL

Mathis has been available to teams for a couple years now, and nobody has bitten. He’s just not worth a big payday, and I hope we don’t throw a lot of money at him. I’d rather stick with and develop our young fellas.
    ***
    If Mathis is willing to sign, say, a 2 year deal for around $6, then I’d be willing to consider him. He’s an above average player but not a top end talent at this point.

Better than average is better than Thomas or Douglas, and also why no one traded for him. Now he’s a free agent, and that changes the equation completely. Also, Don’t rain on my fuckin’ parade! lol

I don;t know to what degree his skills have faded

the numbers you are suggesting sound right to me

I don’t think he is going to get big money as a FA

I think Philly was willing to part with him for a day 3 pick and no one bit
      so its his salary more than anything else

• Jahndoh30 says:

I sometimes wonder if you guys live in a different universe than me. I don’t think he’s going to get Levitre money (because of age, NOT skills), but 3M per year would put him as the 25(ish)th highest paid guard in the league. I think reality is somewhere between 3 and 8. I’m thinking 5-6. Not saying we’ll be the team to pay him that, but I do think that’s what he’ll get.

• Jahndoh30 says:

A two year deal for around 6? Doesn’t seem realistic to me. Whatever you think of PFF, there’s numerous other opinions on this, and as it pertains to earnings: Mathis was rated by PFF as the best Guard in all of football 3 of the last 4 years, and the one year he wasn’t rated the best in all of football, he was rated 2nd best in all of football.

I worry a little bit about it, and I tend to like the idea of developing younger players, but if he could be had for anywhere in the ballpark of what you suggested, I’d be sending Ross’ private jet for him. I’d assume he’ll be at least twice as expensive as that.

MikeE,
    Well, that is a possibility, but we don’t really know for sure how Thomas and Douglas are gonna play this season. I understand that very few here trust Thomas. Sometimes you gotta just go with your own guys and develop your own players. What happens in two years if Mathis is gone, and we have to rely on unproven players who didn’t get playing time because we plugged in a short term veteran?
    ***
    But, I’m not tied to either strategy. I’m not gonna bang on the pulpit either way.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I kind of feel the same. As always it boils down to how the decisionmakers feel about it all. I do think we owe it to Tannehill (whatever you think of him. he’s got a lot of money invested in him at this point that merits protection…..sheer economics) to get him the best OL we can, but I also don’t see a 33 year old vet as anything more than a 1 or 2 year answer.

Jahn

Does you universe have talking razors and perverted hamsters?

• Jahndoh30 says:

This is Jahn’s superconscious typing. This comment has sent him into a infinite loop incapable of response. The only feedback registered was simple code:

:BEGIN
      Echo This is an endless loop!
      GOTO BEGIN

Jahn,
    Then I guess we better sign him! Lol
    ***
    But, don’t you think that if teams felt he was worth $5-6 million a year some team would have done it? You’re a lot more informed about this contract stuff than I am. I just don’t see the logic in throwing a lot of money at an aging vet at guard. But, like I said, it’s not a big deal to me either way. I just wanna develop our young guys. I do think, right now, he’s obviously a better player than any guard we have on the roster.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Well, the fact nobody traded for him tells me he is seeking a hell of a lot more than 3m per. My guess is he was looking for 8 per, and no team was going to give up draft compensation to pay that. Now that he involves no draft compensation there may be a few teams with cap room willing to pay him in the 6 range. That’s actually the exact logic I used to come up with my number.

The age factor is undeniable, but other than the fact he was injured last year (not a usual thing for him) he’s still been one of the top guards in the NFL. I think he may not get a long term deal, but 3 years averaging 6M wouldn’t surprise me.

Jahn,
    I’m all for Tannehill learning how to avoid pressure, help his OL and stay healthy! Lol

• Jahndoh30 says:

Lol…naturally. Most sacked QB in NFL over 3 years and it’s his fault even though is snap to release times put him in the middle of the pack of NFL QBs. Somethings gotta give there. You’re never going to win an argument claiming he’s intentionally running into DL’s arms. If it’s on him, he’s holding the ball too long. If he’s not holding the ball too long…it’s on……?????

😛

Well he should get rid of the ball on those jail breaks and just toss it up, get picked off and then get criticized for turning it over.

I guess Philbin saying our protection on 7 steps drops hasn’t been good enough holds no water either. LOL

Randy

It’s more complicated than you’re making it out to be. Mathis states he was promised a better contract from the GM who got fired, and Kelly wasn’t going to honor that. He decided the only thing he could do was hold out, and not participate in any OTA’s or training camp. The Eagles knew he ws unhappy, and tried to trade him, but most teams figured they’d wait and see if he’s released, rather than give up anything in a trade. Now he’s cut, so we’ll see what happens. He might get more than we can pay, but someone is going to give him a good salary, it might not be us though.

Lunch is over…enjoy your weekend fellas.

Im not worried about the Mathis situation, i neither think he IS the answer nor do i think he would be a waste of a spot. I prefer the idea of our young guys stepping up and continuing to develop them but if they arent ready i do think we need to grab a good vet for the short term. I said this before during and after the draft, i think we get a vet OG, im not sure its Mathis or if they wait for others to be cut and take someone else but im confidant we get a guy we can lean on if no one else steps up.

That said, i think Mathis, especially right now being the best and one of the few options available will be an expensive get. Chester got 2.8mil, same age, lesser pedigree. Only 550K was guaranteed though and it was only a 1 year contract. Mathis is going to seek multi-year, mostly guaranteed money. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is going to demand something like 2year, 4-5mil per with half of it guaranteed. If some other guys get cut before he is signed, it will likely lower his demand. I still dont know if we are going to be interested though, all these connections like Lazor, etc and we have never shown interest says a lot. Everything about us being interested in Mathis has been rumors, and all of those have been debunked by his agent, who said we have never shown a strong interest in him despite the rumors.

Oh i forgot to say, ill be good with us signing him and ill be good if we dont, i think the FO knows whether he and his asking price is worth it to us, and will make the right decision.

62. Jahndoh30 says:

You ever been camping and watched that one pyromaniac throw all the wood for the weekend on the fire at midnight the first night…than wander off to his tent to pass out?

That’s Randy.

D, we did add vet guards in Walton (C), Linkenbach and McClendon. Outside of Mathis, not sure what guard we expect to get?

I agree Tim. Skilled starting G’s don’t fall out of trees. Mathis is one, but I doubt there’s another as good as him that gets cut. In that case, if I’m not going for Mathis, I’d just stay the course and hope 2 of the 3 step up.

I bet mathis will get around 8 mil for 2 years with 6 guaranteed.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

from walker

“Maybe Mathis, 33, will get $5-$7 million per season in a multi-year contract from someone in the open market. He is, after all, a very good player. But it is doubtful Miami will spend that kind of money this late in free agency.”

If we end up getting mathis our Oline will be in the top 10-15 o-lines in the league.

June 12, 2015 at 2:25 pm
    ———————————–
    Justin Blalock, Chris Chester, Evan Mathis…. there are and have been starting caliber guys already, im sure things arent done yet. Some of these teams are going to be evaluating younger guys and cutting older more expensive vets. There will be more, so i dont think Mathis is our only shot at a vet as a starter.

Right, but will any of those guys be a clear upgrade over what we currently have? That’s what I’m talking about. I think Mathis is, not sure any other guys that get cut will be. I could be wrong, we’ll see.

Chester signed with the Falcons.

I know, i was saying these are guys who have already been cut, as in to say its not unlikely that other starters,/upgrades to ours still may be available. More cuts are coming, other teams are just waiting to see what they have in their younger guys before they do it.

Ha Puppyface is a patsie, how cute

Patriots waived Tim Wright. Wasnt he supposed to be the next big TE in their system?

mike,
    this article basically says the same thing. Adding mathis will be huge

If we’re really making a push to make it this year, Mathis makes a lot of sense.

The Dolphins clearly have holes at the guard positions. They are currently trusting the two spots to Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas, both young, unproven players. Maybe they will be ready, but maybe they will not be able to step up this year. If that is the case, everything else Miami did this offseason, including revamping the wide receiver corps and adding to a dominant defensive line, will be for naught.—————————————————–

Nice assumption there dumass, if Thomas and Turner can’t step up it will negate everything else done. Because no one else on the team can play the easiest position in football. Even if they can’t step up we still have a few vets to be at least adequate. What does step up even mean, is it to be an average OG, does it mean anything but Colonblow, does it mean above average?

So we go for it this yr, make the playoffs, lose in the first round, then next yr we take a step back, because we’re already over the 2016 cap.

What’s almost as funny as Piggy’s headless children answer is that 4 more people voted on that poll than the Evan Mathis poll. lol

We have the money to get Mathis this yr, but we need that rollover money to pay guys next yr, or guys like OV, and Miller will be goners.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

The cowboys decided to invest in their o-line and let their super star RB leave.

An average RB can become great behind a great o-line. But a great RB can’t do shit if the oline sucks.

We’ll see how that plays out this yr, but they could’ve paid their star RB, they just didn’t want to spend that much.

If whomever was stating it earlier is right and he is seeking almost 7mil per on an extended contract we would be foolish to sign Mathis. If he is asking as i was saying is a likely value for him, 4-5mil per, 2 years with half guaranteed, id be pretty close to pulling the trigger.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I doubt he gets 7mil/per.

He might, but it won’t be from us. You have to pick and choose who you pay, when you pay a position like OG that much you can’t pay the important positions. In today’s NFL you need top players at the important positions, then you need several of your draft picks still on their rookie contracts to start and be productive.

steve,
    if Tanny is running for his life again this year like he did last couple of years then there is no way we make the playoffs. You can’t underestimate the importance of the o-line.

And I personally would rather make the playoffs this year even if it means we take a step back next year than not make the playoffs at all. Our Cap situation is not good in 16 regardless of whether we sign Mathis or not.

Steve

I agree we can’t afford to pay Mathis $7M per

I feel too many people aren’t allowing the possibility for progress with younger players and just winging it that the OL will be the same as last year. Most of them already have the system under their belt as opposed to it being totally new last year. Also what if we did sign Mathis and he went down for the year before the season started, our entire seasons is based on one guard? That’s a bit extreme.

What if Suh goes down? Is the entire season based on him?

Nope!

In other words, you could have applied your logic to the D-line just as easily. We actually have 2 question marks out of 5 spots on the O-line. Mathis reduces it to 1, and then you have 3 guys that can compete for that last spot, and really put out the best 5 you can.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

We’ve been waiting for our young o-line players to show progress for a while now. If my job was dependent on winning this year I wouldn’t risk it by hoping that dallas thomas, billy turner or douglas will become solid NFL starters. IF we can afford it I would get mathis.

Its not my money they’ll be spending so why not.

Thomas has played one season and Turner missed most of his rookie season last year. Doulgas is a rookie. What’s a while?

That said, Suh’s impact can do more for the defense than Mathis can do as a LG.

Mike E, I don’t equate DT and G as the same value. Just look at the draft and where those positions are drafted. G is nowhere near as valued as DT.

Suh would be a sickening blow, and we wouldn’t be as good on defense, but we should still be able to play good defense.

OK, but you could have said let’s see if the young guys step up and get the job done on the D-line just as easily. We did just draft a DT in the 2nd RD too. I think Mathis soolidifies the O-line, while Suh does that and more on defense.

our oline has sucked for a while. Since sparano years. I want a good o-line. I want to get in the playoffs. I’m tired of waiting for progress.

Unfortunately you know what happened with our OL the last few years and it’s currently being rebuilt. I don’t know what else you expect them to do. Hickey had to address it last year with Albert, James and Turner. He inherited Pouncey who’s now healthy, a young player in Thomas and added another G in Douglas this year. The entire group outside of Pouncey, Thomas and Brenner is different than what it was in 2013.

The OL was actually very good at one point under Sparano until injuries mounted up.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

yea at one point we were good but the last couple of years of sparano years were not good but not as bad as 2 years ago. Last year they were ok until albert went down. Then they were horrible. Getting mathis just gives us more options if injuries happen. which they probably will.

Mike E, so why are you comparing Mathis to Suh? It’s apples and oranges to me.

Because you said one guy defines the season, as in if Mathis goes down, the season is over, so I brought up Suh, and if he went down to show you that it can’t be about just 1 player.

What it may come down to is this. We needed to improve both the D-line and the O-line. We went out and got Suh, and paid him a kings ransom. Then in the 2nd RD, instead of addressing the O-line, like I think we should have, we again addressed the D-line with Jordan Phillips. If we don’t pick up a vet OG, and the guys we have falter, that will be the first thing I point to.

Or our FO thought the 2nd rd didn’t have value at guard and waited it out to where they felt comfortable taking one. That’s an example of what a reach looks like. Just saying guard and taking one regardless of the talent available.

I also feel the team may feel more comfortable heading into the 2014 with who they have on the OL then they did in 2013. But fans and the media focus on the struggles a year ago and automatically think it’s exactly the same. just because of names. Our OL also had a lot of injuries last year. We went through every guy on the roster in the starting lineup. That’s not good for any OL.

The bottom line is the FO doesn’t seem to be panicking about the OL. We’ll see.

I KNOW what they thought, but just because they thought it, it doesn’t mean they were right. We’ll see how our guys do, and I will be keeping a close eye on Jake Fisher and Ali Marpet.

Mike E, we’ll see if the FO is wrong. With much of what we’ve done the last two offseasons I’m optimistic they know what they’re doing.

Guys I’m not anti-Mathis. At worst he would up the competition in camp. I’m just not going to get too high or low based on getting him or not.

Im kinda same boat. I dont see him elevating the level of play of the line. He’s not comparable to Suh because of this. I do think he would solidify the line, but im also somewhat optimistic 2 of the three guys we have will do that too. Id like to have Mathis if the price is right and we have to lean on him at OG for this year. Id pay him a moderate amount, and guaranteed one this next years amount, max 2 year deal.

Id compare Mathis to Mitchell, Suh is more like Albert in terms of what each do for their respective units.

My thinking with Mathis is it’s not that he’s the best OL that ever walked, or that he will up the level of play compared to every line in the league, just that it will be quite competent, and I’m not sure it will b with Thomas and Turner, or Douglas, or any combo of the 3. It’s not that hard of a concept to understand.

Well, lunch is over. Nice not talking to ya guys! 😉

I think Mathis is a no-brainer at 2 yrs $10 mill and half of it guaranteed. Anything else would probably be a waste of money at his age. He is a game changer for this upcoming season though

Top 10 OGs really helps the offense. I dont see him being worse than that for at least 12 games. If he gets worse and none of those younger guys could step up, then we didn’t have good answers on the team anyways.

2 years 10 mil half guaranteed is about as high as i would go, i think though for me to jump at the signing it would need to be 2/8 half guaranteed.

• New Age says:

I agree that I would jump at that option but he really has earned a decent paycheck for his abilities. I would go higher if we didn’t have the double whammy of Tanny and Suh. He really is a great player.

87. naplesfan2010 says:

Even with all the injuries we had on the OL last yr, we had a 4000 yd passer and a 1000 yd rusher. Only 3 other teams had that (4 if you add Sanchez and Foles together). I just don’t see how you can say we were terrible last year on the OL. That stat shows both pass blocking and run blocking.
    Much as I like Tannehill and Miller, they are not Adrian P and Aaron R … so the line had to do some good work to help out.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

you have a point. But Tanny got sacked a lot. Some of that is on him but most of it was because of the o-line. I think thomas at guard could work. If we can add mathis why not do it. It’ll just make it better.

I have no idea what Mathis’ value is. But Greg Jennings who is younger 31 (turns 32 in Sept.) and plays WR a position with a higher salary value than G, signed 2 years $8M. Mathis is 33 and will be 34 in November. 2 years $10M sounds high to me but I like I said I don’t know what his market value is.

89. naplesfan2010 says:

What no one knows is if Turner is going to be better at RG than Satele was at C. Because it is certain that Pouncey is better at C than RG. It is also certain that James is better at RT than LT. And it is 50/50 that Thomas, who gave up ZERO sacks at OG last yr is better than Thomas who gave up 7 sacks at RT. So on balance, we are almost guaranteed to be better on the OL without adding Mathis. Even if we only get Albert for half a year and Fox the other half at LT, since that is almost the same as what we had last yr.

Good way to look at it, but we need Albert for more than half the year. If he doesn’t make his projected date of being ready opening day, still has 3 months before then, say he misses the first two weeks, I’m sure we can get by with Fox who you also have to remember is a young player who just turned 27 in May and has a year under his built in our ZBS and this offense. We also re-signed him this year him off his one year deal last year, so obviously we see value in him or he wouldn’t be here.

Headless children trying on hats . . .

Tree damage was worse than I thought. The maple right in front of the house was split down the middle, and that had to be cut down, in addition to a large white pine, and the three other trees that were cracked off clean.

I just finished a 14 hour shift without a break. I am burned out! Literally without taking a breath .

Very good right up Son! HUGELY appreciate it. I feel exactly the same in the end I . If the coaches have faith in the young guys currently on the roster then I am all for it equally if they want to sign Mathesim down for that too.

If the coaches have faith in the young guys currently on the roster then I am all for it equally if they want to sign Mathes I just want to have bragging rights

The competition in pads hasn’t even started. That’s where the coaches start to see if the learning phase and the physical ability match up.

See it all this time I thought that women preferred a fat pole….

June 12, 2015 at 3:56 pm
    That said, Suh’s impact can do more for the defense than Mathis can do as a LG.

For that matter, Sub’s impact on our Offensive line can be great to.

These guys are going to have to block Suh, Wake, Vernon and the DT to e named

You don’t think Tripp sticks?

Ryan Tannehill ‏@ryantannehill1 · 2h2 hours ago
    Great time last night hanging w these guys jtripp37 @god_son80 jacobdavismusic and Matt Moore… https://instagram.com/p/32KnoIp-KZ/

i say if we Can get him at a decent re numeration, go for it.. just be sure to structure it so that if the Young ‘uns start to bite, we can walk away without a Huge Cap hit after this year… Cannot hurt to have another Wiley Vet on the line, unless of course he is looking for a huge payday, in which case ,, Thanks fer NOT comin’

just my .02

Tim: If you liked the ’70’s thing with Hanks keep an eye out for Nat Geographic Channels “The 80’s, the Decade That Made Us”.
    also an 8 parter… Very interesting, covers a shit load of the things that were invented, a lot of pop culture and the wall coming down.. They also had 8 parters for the 70’s and the sixties as well.. not sure if the 70’s was the same as the Hanks one you speak of.. i rank them #1) 80’s, #2) 70’s, and 60’s as a distant third, but all were quite fascinating

98. Try Pod says:

Daughter leaving in the a.m. to LA for a week, wife’s birthday Sunday, taking her to Churchill Downs for night racing tomorrow- American Pharoah will be there- busy weekend. You all stay cool. Oh, and cite your frickin sources, frickin lowlifes.

Toba, awesome stuff, bro. I have often argued that despite over the top liberal dissension, Reagan was a great president for us at that time – the 80’s. Not everyone gets on board with that, but he was a major factor in music taking the next step because of innovation. Even if he wasn’t hip to it all, his policies allowed new technology to prosper even when ass-hats didn’t get it. LOL

Why? I watched the technology of musical instruments evolve before my eyes and ears during the 80’s. I could go on forever about it. Reagan promoted innovation and individual prosperity. The problem is most people didn’t get it. Ya know that easy trickle down economics doesn’t work. LOL

Right, the best economy is one that is totally controlled and contrived.

Instead of choosing sides, go by what you saw and experienced.

That said, there is no Ronald Reagan in the Republican Party today. It’s actually embarrassing.

• Jahndoh30 says:

There’s something between trickle down economics and communism. You’re such a classic child of the cold war. LOL….

Jahn, I didn’t say I wasn’t a fan of GSW, if I somehow did I miswrote. I’m a Lakers Fan, had season tickets for a couple of yrs in a row in the 80s, but I’m a big Steph Curry fan since the first time I saw him play in the NCAA tournament, the yr he tore it up.

In no way did I mean you’re ALWAYS the one who’s blind, quite the opposite actually. My apologies, if that’s the way I came across.

What did you think of their performance last night, and why do you think they won?

It was more of what Clev. couldn’t do, than what GSW did. GSW did what they do. Clev. couldn’t keep up the pace that they were on the first 3 games (which is their only chance to win), they were so exhausted, Bellabadorka coming off of his hospital visit just couldn’t bring what he had been. That’s not a knock on the Warriors, it’s a human thing actually, it’s hard to keep that level intensity for too long, his body just gave out. Lebron has had to do so much that he was kind of in the same boat, just exhausted.

I saw a little more effort, but Clev just couldn’t keep up that torrid pace. The better TEAM won last night.

Sorry guys. I don’t mean to hit and run, but I usually only get to blog over my lunch hour during the day. I try to get as much in in 45 minutes as I can.
    ***
    And I am NOT the guy who goes thru all the firewood in 2 hours. Lol

Mike/Tim,

Thanks. Tim, you are exactly right- we had two 40-50 foot pines and two large maples go down on our property behind the fence line, and they didn’t take out the fence. The maple (35-40 feet) in the front yard was split down the middle (I didn’t even notice that), and that one is 10 feet from the house. We were very lucky, all things considered.

Wyo

I AM NOT SERIOUS!!! I really take offense to that! I think I try to keep things light, and that really bothers me that you even insinuated that!!!!

JBB 😀

This from Peter King on Carolina signing Cam Newton to his big contract

“I think you also can’t blame the Panthers for overpaying for Newton. What choice did they have? Quarterbacks are rare in the NFL, even average ones. A team that’s been to the playoffs two straight years can’t plan to let its mid-20-year-old signal-caller leave soon via free agency. The only way to prevent that is to make him one of the five highest-paid quarterbacks in the game. That’s simply what an adequate NFL quarterback costs. Newton’s contract is not a testament to Newton—it’s a testament to the price of his position. It was the same with Ryan Tannehill, who got a new deal shortly before Newton did. (And by the way, Tannehill, who has improved each year in his career, is a much better player and long-term prospect than his Carolina counterpart).”

Brian

You’re lucky the trees never went “Poltergeist” on you. lol

106. Rhino says:

In LA/Ontario airport (did a workshop in San Bernadino..what a dump!) so it’s nice to get caught up on my reading here. Although I scroll very slowly and cautiously with some little kids running around lol (just in case the conversation about The King’s jewels turned to photos) 🙂

Steve, “I’m a Lakers fan”…. enough said. lol

So with the recent accusations against OD about plagiarism I got curious and spot checked a couple of his documents. It’s easy and free to find a program online that will not only check the material and tell you if it’s been plagiarized but also cite the sources.

After spot checking two of his documents (the last one and the ’72 Dolphins-Steelers playoff game), it is with a heavy heart I can confirm BOTH documents came back over 90% plagiarized.

The Dolphins-Steelers document was 96% plagiarized from a similar document found on Finsmob-exoduss.com and the most recent doc was 97% plagiarized from the same website. That is the ONLY source that was cited.

In other words the two documents I checked had ZERO instances of plagiarism. Since all the articles are written in the same style I would be pretty comfortable stating it’s unlikely any of the articles are plagiarized. OD was the author.

Hopefully this helps put all that crap to rest.

Kong

Thanks for the effort, and that’s great to hear.

Kong

Obviously I’m just playing. Of course, I hope that the articles I write would actually be read, but I completely agree with you that if I had a choice, I’d rather read OD’s Perfection over anything else here because they are so well written. Just out of curiosity, when you put them on the fridge, do you put the text side facing out or in?

Well it’s about 10:25 AM here in Tampa Bay and the locals already are sporting their Lightning gear at the local breakfast eatery that me and Mrs. OD frequent on Saturdays when I DON’T have to work. –There are big flags on the cars and vans and home made banners along the sides of many vehicles. –NOSEBLEED tickets in Amalie Arena are being sold on the internet for a King’s ransom. Choice tickets downstairs are approaching Super Bowl prices, AND IT’S ONLY GAME 5!!!!! – – A watch party will be set up in a local park that has room for over 5,000 revelers, while every bar and night club in the area will be serving “Stanley Cup Special” drinks and eats!! – – Monday Night, game 6 will be held in Chicago. Amalie Arena here in Tampa will have FREE ADMISSION to a watch party with the game shown from the monstrous center ice jumbotron!!–Parking will be $5 and food/drinks will be sold at steeply discounted levels all during the night. –I’m REALLY SURE all 19,204 seats at the arena will be filled long before they drop the puck!! –Meanwhile the 2nd Place Tampa Bay Rays are lucky if 10,000 bodies are actually in the stands for a home baseball game in the slums of St. Petersburg. –That franchise absolutely CAN NOT succeed in St. Pete. – – – They desperately need to move the Rays to Tampa. There’s about another 12 seasons left on the Rays contract to play in St. Pete. But I understand that, for a few million dollars, the owners of the Rays can buy their way out of the lease after the 2017 season.
    —————
    Dr. RHINO, Miss Gigi and Jahn; Saw that GSW evened their series with Cleveland. –Sure hope they win that series b/c there’s not a single thing I like about the city of Cleveland EXCEPT the rock & roll Hall of Fame (which should be MOVED, perhaps to Elvis’ home state of Mississippi).

I’ve known for some time that Cav doesn’t read my articles. In the middle of every one I put a line that reads “Cav is an asshole” and he’s never said a thing about it. That’s how I know.

I do the same

I also place a photo of a big ape masterbating and eating poop in each of mine

Not a word from Kong….

Jamar Taylor in the drivers seat to start at CB in his third season. If I remember correctly, Madison and Surtain didn’t start until their 2nd season, but they also didn’t have injuries to start their careers like Taylor has.

I think he’s ready to go, and what a help he’ll be on the run D. I don’t remember a Fins CB being a better run defender, although V Davis was pretty good.

I keep hearing how thin the team is, but what does that really mean? Is it thin on experience, because we are a very young team? I also have heard that Philbin is a good teacher and his players general improve from yr to yr, which bodes well for a young team that’s counting on rookie contractees starting.

113. Jahndoh30 says:

Steve,

No worries my man. We’re all good. My wife and her whole family are Laker fans, so you’d fit in well around here.

I just thought the talk of diving for balls (after whatever that guy who’s played about 2 minutes the whole series dove for a ball in game 2 the talk about it lasted longer than his whole finals appearance) and about Lebron not getting calls at the end of game 1 was driven by the NBC color analyst, and I think that crew is God awful. I so very much would rather have the ESPN crew doing this..or better yet, the TNT crew.

Side note, I was forced to listen to the Cleveland radio play by play for game 1. I thought it was atrocious with its lack of objectivity, but the NBC feed sounded even more like Cleveland Homers than the Cleveland radio feed!

• Jahndoh30 says:

I will say, and I think this is an important distinction, that pace was SET by GSW…and it was lightning fast compared to the first 3 games, so it wasn’t Clevelands failure to keep their earlier pace (look at the scoring) it was Clevands failure to run with GSW, and that move was clearly the work of Steve Kerr who opted to sit Bogut and play small against Cleveland from the beginning of the game.

I guess we’ll see how game 5 goes with an extra day off. I think the Warriors did speed up the pace and that helped, even though they gave up the easy buckets underneath to Mosgov, the rest of the team was shit, including LeBron.

What did you think of the LeBron Floppaconcussion?

I saw it like 5 times, he gets hit pretty good, takes 2 stumbling steps, then decides he’s going to sell it (5 seconds after the foul was called) and does a left turn Clyde and takes 5 more steps.

Lebron should be finded for flopping.

I did the same as Kong this week. Used a plagiarism detector program and ran a couple of articles through it. All that came up was this site and FME. It’s all so silly.

While on the subject there was an allegation by the same person that Gigi had accepted a contribution on the old blog and didn’t thank him. If it’s the instance I’m thinking of he sent me an email and asked for her email address for PayPal and asked to remain anonymous. I respected his request and didnt tell her who was wanting to contribute. How the hell she is supposed to thank an anonymous person I don’t know. It’s as crazy as the rest of it.

115. Jahndoh30 says:

Rhino,

Do you check your email anymore? Do I need a different one? Did I offend your politics? 😉

I think I sent you a congratulations email a bit back. No response neccesary, but I keep missing you on the blog. Hope all is well in spite of forced trips to San Bernadino.

Brewery should be open in August so make sure you let me know next time you’re up my way.

————————
    In regards to the plagiarism thing, I don’t know how things went sideways, but in my own pollyanna little world I’d hope that whatever wedge was driven between OD and Jetssuck can be removed or moved past. I really don’t like the idea of the free work that folks put in on this blog coming under attack, (and I DO read ALL the articles!) and I really don’t like the idea of those wedges causing us to lose any contributors. Since the move we’ve all done a fairly good job of being civil, and I admit I was at the heart of plenty of conflict over the years…but we need a little more healing time and a little less adversarial time around here.

what is all this talk about articles on this site. since when?

I was out hanging with my buds last night, drinking playing darts and bullshitting. After a while one of the guys says hey I’m hungry lets order a pizza. It was late and most of the places we would have liked to have called was closed so we had to get Domino’s.
    The pizza shows up and it was sliced into only 6 fucking slices.
    6 slices on an x-lge
    I’ve never even seen a pizza cut into only 6 slices.

LOL, unbelievable

Son

I would have sent it back and asked them if they make a new that comes with 8 slices and not 6. Either that, or you should get a discount on the price because they shorted you two slices! lol

Usually a pizza is 8 slices and you only ask them to cut into 16 slices if you are really hungry!

LOL @ Son. I always notice when you and Pig call me an asshole in your articles. I always took it as my just dues.

Mike,
    I’m not sure which side I have facing forward on the fridge. When I print out the articles it just comes out as blank paper. But I know they are there in spirit. 😉

LOL @ Kong – Fair enough

Steve,
    No I didn’t, but I don’t imagine it would have a different result. If the articles from FU found 96% and 97% similarity with the articles from FME then they would find enough similarity with any “source” material (if there was any) to get a result. 96% is near enough verbatim to not warrant a separate search.

It’s all BS anyways, because the worst thing that can happen is OD loses credibility. I think what really is going to happen though is Jetssuck will lose it.

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened to set him against OD. Jetssuck has been around a long time and has always been cool. It seems to have gotten real personal for some reason.

I hope everybody knows I’m not intending to demean anybody or the work they put in. I just don’t fully read articles much. I skim. I wasn’t even born when we went undefeated and it’s our team’s proudest chapter so I tend to actually read those ones in full.

So the pizza was that bad that you had to use tin snips ;P

What’s the big deal? Jahn plagiarizes me all the time….when he wants to be right for a change. Do I cry about it? No. I simply allow him to feel good for a little bit. It’s the least I can do.

For whatever reason it is, jetssuck felt wronged. He explained why to me, and I went back and read what happened. Not for us to judge why he felt wronged, he just did. I understand why he’s doing what he’s doing, but I don’t necessarily agree with it. Hopefully, what Herd stated today helps clear one aspect up, and maybe he can overlook the rest, and come back here and post. I like jetssuck, and he’s more than welcome to come back here.

Randy

Where’s all the damn firewood???

Try

Any time you mix up a lot of volatile people, there’s going to be conflicts every now and again.

I was mixed up before I got here, and I still get into conflicts every now and again.

Raandy,

Now that you mention it….

New Age acting sheepishly. lol

MikeE,
    Lol. That was a funny analogy, but I am not that guy. Firewood is too damned expensive these days.

While starting with it has nothing to other than the subject coming up, I will add that plagiarism is art. Especially after when you are done no one can actually convict you of it. Guess it is like being a good contract killer.

Back in college I always took the courses where 90% of the grade was on one final term paper (and no tests). I’d go to the library and get like say a dozen books on whatever topic I chose. I’d then read the prefaces for each…..that’s where the author pretty much tells you what his point on the subject is.

Whichever one made the most sense I would read most of while taking reading notes in my words on thoughts and facts that grabbed me along the way (so no fingerprints). I’d write my term paper based on that. After it was over I’d go back to all the other books and use the indexes to find the same facts and thoughts in them. All twelve works would be in the footnotes and bibliography……making it look like I was one serious researching dude.

One of those papers took me like three-four days……..that was a course done in college for me other than showing up for say half the classes where I’d skimmed the material enough to ask a question (if you ask one up front they ask others about what you haven’t read after).

If only life was like college.

• New Age says:

Lol, was going to mention Jahn plagiarizing you too lol. Something along the lines of sometimes being your double? lol

stanger,
    You went to college?f

King,
    I couldn’t tell you the last time I read a full article. Honestly, I’ve never read a single one of OD’s articles. I barely have time to post…let alone read. I sorta thought reading the articles was optional. Lol

I find it harder and harder to find the time to post here as well (although that will change once the season starts) and I’ve never come to this site for the articles but rather for the people and discussions. It’s going to take me forever to get caught up on all the articles I didn’t read so I can pass the test, lol.

Question: Will the test only include information directly from the articles or do I need to read the source material they were all stolen from too?

😀

You and Cav can do what you want, but a lot of great articles that people put time into. Maybe they can start a new series of posts for you guys.

Damn auto correct.

Kong
    Same for me. I come here for the warm hugs and kind words we all shower on one another….not necessarily the articles. But, I still appreciate the time and effort people put into them.

137. Jahndoh30 says:

——————————–
    I ran this post through a plagiarism detector and the screen lit up like the Griswold’s house in Christmas Vacation.

I demand the immediate lifetime banning of Randy or that he pays pennance through 10 recitations of “Tannehill is our franchise. A perrenial top 10 QB and a future Hall of Famer”.

son

when i order pizza i usually tell them not to slice it. that way i feel better after and can tell myself i only had one piece of pizza for dinner.

June 13, 2015 at 12:58 pm
    Randy

Where’s all the damn firewood???
    In my yard…

jahn,

dont worry, no one believes randy. why would our creator have to plagiarizer a bucket dwelling tanny hater

I love how one innocuous comment that ha nothing to do with anything becomes the talking point for hours. This place should hire a full time therapist to be on call, lol.

And I loved how that one comment got twisted into something it clearly wasn’t aimed at (OD’s articles).

‘Tis the offseason.

i guess the next Ask Mike will be something like this:

Q: Hey Mike what do you think about the guards?

A: What the fuck do I care, no one reads what i say anyways.

Confession:

I don’t even know what plagiarism means.

Is it some kind of cult?

Pig,
      I believe it was a cult founded by the Germans in 1904, they named it plagiarism, which of course in German means a whale’s vagina.

Works cited
      Alfrey, Penelope (February 2000) “Petrarch’s Apes: MIT Communications Forum.
      Legend of Ron Burgandy: Ron Burgandy

Brian in NY says:
    June 13, 2015 at 1:55 pm

June 13, 2015 at 12:58 pm
    Randy

Where’s all the damn firewood???
    In my yard…

brian, i can tell you this, firewood doesnt bring the bitches to your yard, it sends them screaming away from it. trust me on this one.

I know what nostalgia means though

Jahn,
    I would say that, but much like George Washingon, I cannot tell a lie. Well, unless it’s to get a woman to sleep with me. But, usually I just give ffr’s sister a cookie for that.
    ***
    And now he’s just a perennial “top 10” QB, eh? Shouldn’t he actually be a top 10 QB before I have to say that? Lol

Randy says:
    June 13, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Jahn,

yeah dickwad. i have been meaning to talk to you about that. will you stop fattening the bitch up, she was hard enough to pimp out as she was. you know not much change i can give back from a nickel

New Age,
    From my mouth to God’s ear. Lol

ffr
    Hey, don’t blame me. I’ve tried giving her a dollar before, but she seemed confused by the concept of “paper money” .

randy

how many times do i have to tell you that no tipping is allowed.

151. Jahndoh30 says:

Pig that was my top 2 most memorable sack from the fins. Here’s the other one:

Yeah
      They was a good one

But Wakes was a game winner on Halloween night

It was an awesome win

• Jahndoh30 says:

That one was also a game winner and it was a playoff game to boot. 17 seconds left, Buffalo driving for the go ahead TD. On our 5 yard line. Armstong did that. Both were game winners, both were awesome.

WTF? SMH!

Source: GetterDone Phins

this whole plagiarism thing is a joke. here…………….

i give each and every one of you my consent to whenever possible, hell i encourage whenever, possible to use ‘NLC’ to your utmost ability. the only thing i ask is that the use of the phrase ‘naked lesbian cheerleader or NLC’ is accompanied with a proper picture.

• manitobafinfan says:

FINALLY !!!!!

Thank you..

• manitobafinfan says:

as in.. i had frikkin clue what the NLC stood for and felt like i’d be an idiot for asking..
        Now i am just an idiot for admitting i had no clue what it meant.. or maybe just because i am an idiot …

I’ve been screaming NLC out loud since you posted this

…the thing that get you arrested!

154. Jahndoh30 says:

see above Piggy. You needed a reminder of days past. 😉

I’m in fire island on long Island right now

It’s a nice little getaway

it’s the Women’s World Cup with 24 teams from around the world and based on what you hear of a players background it sounds like 90% of them go to college here in the US.

lol @ toba.

toba,

you know what they say, the only dumb questions are the one not asked and asking what the hell NLC stands for.

OKAY, GANG, time for a bit of baseball history brought to you by today’s TAMPA BAY TIMES:
    ——————
    ON THIS DAY IN SPORTS HISTORY: JUNE 13, 1905. The Giants’ Christy Mathewson pitched his 2nd no-hit game, beating the Cubs and their star pitcher Mordecai (three fingers) Brown 1-0. –Mathewson and Brown matched no-hitters for eight straight innings before the Giants broke through in the 9th for 2 hits and 1 run. Mathewson, in his 3rd big league season, had gone 30-13 and 33-12 in 1903 and 1904. In this season (1905) would lead the National League with a 31-8 mark, ERA (1.27) strikeouts (206) and shutouts (8). Mathewson’s greatest feat in 1905 was yet to come. In the World Series against the Philadelphia A’s, Mathewson pitched THREE consecutive shutouts (the last on ONE day’s rest) to lead John McGraw’s Giants to a 4 games to 1 victory. Mathewson’s streak of 27 consecutive scoreless innings in ONE World Series has never been approached or equaled. Over a 17 year career, Mathewson accumulated 373 wins and 80 shutouts, both third on the all-time lists. He is a charter member of the baseball Hall of Fame.

So what’s everyone talking about, plagiarism and stuff? 😉

I loved Trace Armstrong. He was a great pass rusher for the Dolphins. Had a very strong late career. 56.5 sacks for the Dolphins in 6 years, to go along with 15 FF’s. He had 7 FF’s in 2000 along with 16.5 sacks. That’s making an impact right there.

I think Wake can be effective like him late in his career too if we start to cut his snaps and get more from our depth. A fresh caged Wake in the 4th quarter could be a lethal weapon.

Yeah, give him more first downs/running downs off. The problem is he’ll have to agree to it or here won’t be a Fin for long, and if he’s going to be part time what do you pay him on his next contract.

Good thing that Wake walk off sack was against Cin., if it had been against the cheats the ball would’ve been spotted 1 inch from the goal line, and no safety.

Steve, Wake is signed through the 2016 season. I think Wake has 12.5 to 16 sacks this year.

163. Try Pod says:

The states on this list do not surprise me at all. I would think if they carried it on past 10, I could accurately predict the states through 20:

Anyone going to watch the new series Ballers by HBO? I might just because it has a championship Miami team in it. I’ll take it where I can get it lol.

Steve, I don’t mean make Wake just a pass rush specialist this year, but utilize our depth more throughout the game. As the game goes on increase the snaps for Shelby and Fede and even McCain as an edge rusher at times, then have Wake and Vernon fresh for the 4th quarter.

New Blog up