Well the One’s Were Good…

Thursday Night Football

The starters played well. Tannehill took the opening kickoff and drove the team down the field on an 8 minute drive that ended with a Touchdown and not a FG. He completed a deep square in route to Jennings which was a big gainer. He hit Sims on a couple of nice crossing routes. He hit Landry on a couple and avoided taking any big hits despite even running it once to avoid the only pressure he saw. Lamar Miller broke one for a big gainer and the line looked pretty good.

We’ve waited a long time and relied on a lot of reporters eyes to give us an idea of how the offensive line looked in particular the Guard position. I thought they fired off the ball well in the run game, it’s clearly a Zone blocking unit as they head in unison in a direction just trying to make a cut back lane open up for Miller. Fox started at LT with Dallas Thomas next to him at LG, Pouncey at C, with Billy Turner  at RG and Ju’wan James playing RT. Turner did well for himself and even played into the 3rd quarter at the RG spot. Based on the series we saw last night this O-line might be alright and allow Tannehill time to survey his many options and put together a strong running game to run the clock.

The Defense on it’s first appearance shut down Chicago in an ugly 3 and out. Not ugly for us Dolphans as we finally got to see Suh in a Dolphin uniform playing. Chicago rushed for  zero yards while the Chief was in the game. Once he left forget it, Chicago ran it pretty well on our Defense once the starters were out.Sheppard, Jenkins and McCain were indeed the starting Linebackers, Sheppard getting the nod while Misi is out. In the secondary, Aikens started in place of Delmas along side Jones at Safety while Taylor filled the other Corner spot opposite Grimes.

Those first couple of series are all there really are to talk about. Matt Moore was unimpressive when he took over the offense, failing to score on any of his drives. McCleod Bethel Thompson actually started off looking pretty good. He completed a few intermediate passes and then hit Laron Byrd on a deep ball that set up what would be the teams final score of the night. But in the second half it got very ugly for MBT. Gillissle started the mess with a beautiful long run he brokebut he forgot to put the ball in the proper arm allowing a Bear defender to strip it negating a long gain and a chance to increase the lead. Having seen the Gillisslee turnover MBT wanted in on the fun and threw not one but 2 ugly pics including the last one which set up Chicago inside the Miami 10 yard line.

Caleb Sturgis made his extra point attempt and the lone field goal attempt he had in the first half and was to give way to Andrew Franks who would have the second half kicking duties. Well since the Dolphins failed to score in the second half Mr. Franks made the 3rd qtr opening kick off, and unknown to him at the time, was done for the night.

Jordan Tripp was helped off the field and into the locker room in the first half and wasn’t seen again until he re-appeared on the sideline with his right leg in a boot and walking on crutches. This is a big unfortunate setback for Tripp as he was climbing into a larger role on the Defense. Tripp missed time last season due to a chest injury.

Without hearing anything reported about the Chris McCain injury it would look as if he will be fine. We saw him roll his ankle stepping on a team mate but he walked off the field without a limp and later appeared fine.

The turnovers were a big problem last night so its hard to say that this team’s depth totally sucks. I didn’t find that to be the case. The QB’s once Tannehill left the field were rough, but there were some good individual efforts. Particularly from Zach Vigil an undrafted Free Agent who capitalized on his opportunities once Tripp left the game. Our rookie 2nd round pick Jordan Phillips showed that he will be a tough and athletic big man in the front.

Don’t let yourself get too high or too low from this meaningless game, there was good early until the ugly turnovers changed the entire complexion of the game. If the Chicago QB’s were throwing ugly pics we would have won going away and not them.

Yes Josh Freeman, worried he was running out of time to throw his pick, did manage to find a Bear defender as time was running out to seal the loss for the Fins. From a guy who was a first round draft pick and who looked like a Franchise QB at the start Freeman’s plummet is baffling. He looked tentative and unsure out there as the 4th QB of the night although there were a few throws that he made and you said hmmm that was pretty good.

With as good as the First unit looked, including the O-line, there is nothing that happened last night that has me discouraged. I think it’s good to lose preseason games. I have found that the teams who win in the preseason don’t usually win in the season; see the 2007 4-0 preseason Dolphins.

Penalty box: Anthony Johnson trying to do his best Suh impersonation jumped off sides 3 times while good ‘ol Bobby McCain has 3, count them 3 holding penalties. Gotta clean that up boys.

It was good to see Mr. Suh out there.

288 Responses to Well the One’s Were Good…

First!

Nice work Son. Trying not to forget that this is a preseason game, but I hate losing no matter what the stakes. The second half was very sloppy, but I am encouraged by the first unit on both sides of the ball. B McCain certainly looked like a rookie in the secondary, and Bowman looked lost out there at times, losing his receiver on simple routes on more than one occasion. I was hoping to see a better pass rush from the 2nd unit; I thought they got stood up at the line of scrimmage consistently.

Big series this weekend against Stanger’s Bucs!

4. Try Pod says:

I guess what I (and others, I’m sure) am waiting to hear is what were the injuries coming out of the game and the prognosis (particularly Tripp, as his was the most obvious).

5. uwantwat says:

From the last page:
    uwantwat says:
    August 14, 2015 at 8:28 am
    Morning peeps! Uk & Howie injuries are always a concern but I think we are in a much better place than last year’s team.Hell we were signing street agents in the end and that as much as anything contributed heavily to us not making the playoffs.

No need to panic until it happens and don’t forget this:

SUH WILL GLARE AT THEM AND INSTANTLY THEY WILL BE HEALTHY AGAIN.

Good job on the recap Sonny. Didn’t see one snap of this game, just listened a bit on NFL radio on my drive home when Bethel-Thompson hit Byrd for the 35 yard gain. I think we were down 10-7 at that point. Seems like I didn’t miss anything except the opening drive.

Bri

Stangers Bucs whipped our ass earlier in the year. I think we’re a different team now, but the Pirates are a very good team, and it should be a very tough series for the Mets.

Lee

So no need for MRI’s eh, just a look from Suh? 🙂

9. uwantwat says:

Suh is da man!

I’d rather have us play exactly as we did, than reverse the rolls and have our backups be the stars of the game. We dominated when it mattered, with the 1s in the game. Sure I was disappointed with LaMichael James, and the backup Dline (how much are these guys really going to play?), but when your starting O goes 85 yrds and scores on it’s one possession, then your starting D goes 3 and out… What more can you ask for?

Nice wrap up Son

I actually thought the first unit OL (without Albert) looked really good
    Tanny wasn’t really under pressure and Miller was getting 10 yards a carry

I heard people on twitter bitching about the 3rd string OL
    WTF are you talking about – we only keep 10 OL on the roster
    I guess if people want to get nervous about the talent on the practice squad be my guest…

we may have been a bit misled about the OL so far in TC
    OT it may be the Suh factor

This is CLASSIC My divorce hearing is at 9am and my wife went to the wrong courthouse. We were supposed to check in at 830 and she is an hour away. Hopefully this the last time I have to deal with her shit. I hope she makes it here before they get through all the other cases.

And speaking of Suh
    that first few mins of defense that we got to see looked great
    for whatever reason I was watchign them really confidently after the first play feeling like the Bears didn;t have a shot against them

There wasn;t much breathing room for the RBs when Suh was in the lineup
    It looked like they easily shut down the run

Cam Wake’s sack didn;t stand
    bc on 3rd down there were offsetting penalties
    but ont hat play the ends, just crashed the pocket while the DTs stood there ground
    it looked pretty awesome, like Cutler did not have a chance ont he play
    maybe a more mobile QB like RG3 will be able to make something out of that – but it looked over for the Bears on that play almost immediatly after the snap
    I expect to see a lot of that this year
    Suh made an immediate dominant difference

After Suh was disruptive early they double teamed him on every play, but I didn’t see much out of the rest of the front, while they locked up Suh. But that’s preseason I guess.

My understanding was that Suh was taken out of the game really early, like int he middle of the Bears 2nd series

His last play was the first down catch after the Wake sack was nullified.

After the bears took the lead the fans were so happy, as if they were clueless to what really matters in the preseason.

And that after struggling mightily getting zero TDs on 4 trips in our redzone, before they actually did score.

I guess if you pay for a ticket you just want to see your team win

More than the fans, I was a little surprised to see how important the game seemed to the Bears

They took Cutler out after 2 series, but then left Clausen in until the 4th qtr
      He threw 27 passes last night, which is a little crazy from a #2
      I guess the Bears aren;t really even going to look at their #3 and #4 qbs

but even more than playing Clausen
      our 3rd Qb threw some horrible ints
      and the Bears were 10-9
      they could not convert on 3rd and short, so they went for it on 4th down and that was their first TD
      I’m not sure how that translates into the reg season for them
      They should be really disappointed that a PS squad QB turned the ball over giving them great field position and their backup QB could not score against srcubs
      it was a pretty pathetic performance for the Bears offense when you really break it down

winning 27-10 kind of clouds how bad they were

In the past we would’ve had a performance like the bears put on, getting blown away when the first teamers were playing, then winning with the scrubs and been all proud of ourselves.

Good luck today Rock! Hope it goes real smooth and real fast, and you get to finally put this behind you.

Win or lose didn’t matter last night. What mattered was the ones. One of he best sound bites I have heard in a long time was Jared Allen being interviewed by NFL radio this morning and he talked about being handed a piece of humble pie last night. That was damn good to hear.

Rock:
    I hear shit like that all the time. The judges bitch and moan but do nothing about stuff like that. Hang in there and hopefully it is all over today.

20. uwantwat says:

All the best for the future Rock.

21. bat says:

Starters looked good. Tannehill was sharp & in control, but what was he thinking on that side arm sling attempt on the botched screen? He has to make a better decision there. Back ups were mostly horrible, but a few looked like they might be worth something ( Phillips, Vigil, Hamilton, maybe one or two others). Anthony Johnson should be looking for a job today. He’s a fucking DT. LOOK AT THE BALL JACKASS! … Overall, it’s the first pre season game . Nothing to get too high or low about, but I am slightly concerned with the depth right now. We could be a couple of injuries away from 7-9. It was good to see Bazooka Joe looking exasperated and disgusted at the struggles of his back ups. Much better than the detached, clueless looks that I have become accustomed to…lol

nice job son. I agree. The starters looked good. That’s all I care about. The o-line was decent. I didn’t actually see the game but read the twitter feeds. I’ll watch it tonight.

The OL didn’t look like a problem but I’m not sure how good the Bears DL is. They have some former stars but they’re getting older.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I think our dline is legit. can’t wait till the redskins game. RGIII will be running for his life.

rock

good luck and make sure when it is finally over, just to fuck with her some, just walk up to her and high five her

Thanks for the post game info Son. I didn’t see much of it at all so at least I didn’t miss anything awesome! 😉

I watched some of the pats game and Garoppolo looked like shit. If brady is suspended I can see the pats easily going 1-3. I think they still beat the jags.

good Luck with that Rock. You’ll be free soon 🙂

It is very hard to fully evaluate what the final result of this game. Most of the guys who played and were responsible for this loss will not be on the roster. Just about anything that happened after half time is truly meaningless.

That’s the thing. The coaches will watch the tape and see which guys did what they were taught and sort them out of the mix. I did notice Vigil was always around the ball. Stuff like that they have to find.

Not only is the Bears D-line not especially talented, but they’re in the process of switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 alignment.

Ken says:
    August 14, 2015 at 10:05 am

It is very hard to fully evaluate what the final result of this game.

well no it isnt. how do you evaluate something that has no meaning……basically you dont. even if tanny looked horrible the first series who cares. it is the first action in a 8 months. there is nothing to evaluate.

LOL @ Mike E

Now that shit is funny!

FFR the voice of reason? 🙂

32. jetsssuck says:

Suh made an immediate dominant difference
    —————————————————-
    FIRST PLAY for bears the guy responsible jumped offsides–i guess he got nervious
    next play- suh lines up facing center they try to run to side of suh and wake 53 lbjenkins shoots gap untouched for 2 yard loss.
    3rd play- suh lines up differentlty 1.5 yds off LOS angled inward towards center 2players OL coverhim 2 yds gain
    4th play –suh lines up angled towards center- pass attempt 3 players chep suh incomplete or short of 1st down.
    suh did shove a player without getting penalty I think thats when 1st unit was taken out

Did Josh Freeman play last night, and if not, anyone know why?

Thanks Tim, UK. Not a big deal, yet . . . I would have liked Freeman to show well.

35. bat says:

Mike … Freeman played in the 4th quarter. He made a couple of decent throws, but he really had no chance with the garbage they had him out there with.

36. jetsssuck says:

I thought Jared Allen at LB played very good.He made some drops into secondary and he rushed the qb very good. He looks like he will do good making the transition from DE to OLB

37. jetsssuck says:

1st drive for us overcame 2 holding penalties and we still scored. I think we started at 15 also

38. bat says:

“Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 5m5 minutes ago
    Ryan Tannehill has no problems getting hot and flashing for a series, half, stretch of games. His problem is he can’t consistently do it”

Finally. The Trained Eye is here to set the record straight.

39. jetsssuck says:

jenning made a difficult catch look ordinary in first drive. He catches the ball smoothly with his hands.

Poor Omar, stretch of games is a form of consistency. I had to turn the pile off after about 5 minutes in the third. MBT is awful and I just didn’t want to watch guys who aren’t going to make a difference honestly.

Son should be the Unleashed’s local beat reporter. Can we get him a mike and access to the locker room?

“Turner did well for himself and even played into the 3rd quarter at the RG spot.” Didn’t notice how long he played, but great catch. Sounds like we only have a question at one G spot.

“Hopefully this the last time I have to deal with her shit.”

Rock — that’s the exact attitude to have. Get it over and done with and then move on. Nothing else makes sense.

Bat

So it wasn’t really Freeman, it was the rest of the team?

44. bat says:

Mike .. Freeman wasn’t great, but he showed enough IMO to warrant a look with some representative talent around him. He was getting pressure almost immediately as the scrub o-line was being man handled by the Bears scrub d-line. He also had a couple of drops. Only Cobi Hamilton looked like an NFL receiver

45. Al in MIA says:

Jetssuck,
    On your analysis of Suh, keep in mind too that Suh & the Bears know each others tendencies having been divisional opponents the last 5 years. Wait till Suh gets a bite out of people that barely have never lined up against him or have only 1 or 2 times in their life.

• jetsssuck says:

yes u r correct divisional oppts they r not going to know much about him except from tape. He could be saving some pre snap alignments for those games. I don’t think I saw him line up in gap or real close to wake or michell or suh close to each other

I like to talk more about the G spot 🙂

47. Al in MIA says:

Jetssuck,
    Speaking of film study, one thing that T Brady always operates with is awareness. This happened last year but shows that Tom knows when to dump the football ASAP lol

• jetsssuck says:

looks like they had right call for suh.I wonder if he audibled into that play when they saw him lining up in the gap.

• jetsssuck says:

Look at the footwork of the center and guard is amazing. Both are in sych on same foot as other. That’s yrs of working together

• Al in MIA says:

Somebody had to chip Suh. No way they design a free shot on Brady (Suh created a knockdown which is never planned by n OC scheme )

• jetsssuck says:

I think the guard half assed chipped suh which is why brady got pushed to ground. Maybe they didn’t know he was that fast. Looks like suh took 3 large steps and brady only took 3 small backpendals. Looks like he is playing right DT in this play also. He is definitely going to be a disruptive force along the DL.

48. Al in MIA says:

Here we are worried about one or two guard spots while the Eagles did what? LOL

I mean, come on Omar…good/great QBs dont; score TDs on very drive

You just need to have a few good drives during the course of the game

Most time when an offense scores a lot of points it’s because there were some turnovers in there and they keep getting the ball back, and on a short field.

50. Rhino says:

nothing like live action to get this blog humming again. 🙂

51. Al in MIA says:

LOL

I liked seeing the long 8 minute drive end in a TD. I wish we could have seen a “quick strike” 2 minute type drive for a TD from the 1’s too.

August 14, 2015 at 11:57 am

or some guy named Dan was playing

18 days left until the first cut down to 75. Sept. 1st

less is Moore?

56. jetsssuck says:

Rockphin—-here’s something u might want to check out I don’t want to seem like a holey roller. My family does go to church, me not so much lately. My wife co-supervises a single group of about 50 for our church and they have singles nights every night of week my wife supervises 1 night a week of the 5 nights . They have nightly competitive events like soccer, basketball, chess, bowling, volleyball and other sports against other churches single groups every night. At the end of the season they have a ceremony for top church teams and then they have a cruise for all the churches together. My wife is responsible for 12-or 13 marriages. It’s a great way of meeting singles instead of going to bars although after some events some always go to bars from both sides for evening caps and socializing. They have events on the weekends like visiting different events for weekends. The only thing I don’t like is to join you have to sit with the priest for a interview for 1 hour for a orientation. Our father Leo is real cool he smokes cigars and is known to drink at socializing events. No one deserves to go through life alone

JS — that is really cool of your wife. Being part of a dozen marriages is pretty cool.

If I was Rock I’d do it……also getting a kick out of him at a Christian singles event. He might need a muzzle though, but then not every day is like a Phins game. 🙂

rock,

you can do all that work jetsssuck said of just invest in a sofa like i did and your life is so much simpler

Thank you Jetssuck. I am not much of a Church person unfortunately.

I am watching the closing minutes of the Game again on NFLN and getting plastered on Lemonade and vodka

LOL

Don’t mean you couldn’t check out though. Maximize all opportunities, including getting a puppy.

• jetsssuck says:

you don’t have to be much of a church goer for these events. Some people r holley rollers but most are not. If I was single I’d be trying to increase my chances with events for singles.The setting is better than going to bars or worse yet not even trying to hook up with singles. You have a good personalty and deserve to have someone in your life. I understand it may be to early to start dating again so just keep open your options.

Rob, is that Piggy’s cousins you have leashed up?? Ummmm inappropriate to post on here don’t you think? I mean what you and Piggy’s consenting cousins do on your own time is one thing but do you have to try and embarrass Piggy’s family by posting the pics?

Besides, no offense to Piggy, I have never been with a pig and would rather be alone.

Nice return by Aultman with 12 secs remaining….33 yards

LOL Freeman had to hurry up to get that Int in….

August 14, 2015 at 12:57 pm

I am looking for a capital partner in my new start up business. Puppy rentals for single guys….For us guys who don’t want to deal with walking a dog or feeding a dog or being home for a dog but want to walk a cute puppy around in public to get every fucking girl you pass stop to talk to you. GENIUS business plan.

If I don’t start up the new business then I will not be getting a anus dragging on carpet dog……

I avoid religious discussions. Let’s just say that I am a heathen unbeliever and leave it at that. I tend to upset people when I get into these types of discussions and I like MOST of you…. lOL

HOW ABOUT THOSE DOLPHINS!!!!!?????

• jetsssuck says:

tell u the truth i turned it off at halftime but hopefully recorded 2nd half correctly. I know I hit one of the red buttons

I think we may need a “safe word” this afternoon guys. I am getting pretty fucked up. If I get out of hand why don’t we us Zucchini as the safe word.

Just post Zucchini and I will stop

Tippytoe!

67. jetsssuck says:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25268843/jj-watt-eats-an-insane-amount-of-food-9k-calories-worth-per-day he must burn alot of calories. I know alot of these big guys get iv’s after practices and could lose almost 10-15 lbs after practices
    damn-I’m restricted to1500 -1600 calories a day to where I won’t gain any weight.I once had to be given 7 iv bags and I gained about 20 lbs before starting to piss evrything out. They said I was almost emtpy whatever that means

Any word on Chris McCain’s injury? I know he walked off the field on his own and was standing on the sidelines the rest of the game so it couldn’t have been that bad.

J Walker tells you what really mattered last night……as if you didn’t already know.
    ————————
    When it was starters vs. starters, the Dolphins looked …: Very good. Miami’s offense was on the field for just one drive but went 85 yards for a touchdown against Chicago’s first-team defense. Miami’s defense also forced a three-and-out with the Bears’ first-team offense and took some starters out after a few plays in the second drive.

I have no idea when Tripp got hurt, or the extent of his injury. I didn’t see any of the game.

Tripp must have gotten hurt on the kickoff then because I believe they mentioned it during the first drive.

I started watching when we got to about the redzone on the first drive. I believe it was Tim that posted a link. I didn’t see Tripp at all.

Hamilton looked bad early, but then came on later, seemed he was the only WR on the field at one point. Part of the issue with our backup QB play were the WRs, I don’t remember seeing Matthews after the first drive, so it was Hazel and farther down. I think Hazel will be gone, unless he picks it up, he was bad.

I had high hopes for Hazel when we drafted him as a developmental guy but I have yet to see anything from him in games. Yeah Hamilton actually looked the part.

ok, which one of you bastards slipped rock the ole zucchini.

rock, you do know you are suppose to hear the safe word before you quit dont you?

I’d rather have Gillislee make the team instead of LaMichael. James can’t run the ball, and neither can Damien, even though I like Damien as the 3rd down back.

Kind of unfair, we only use Williams as a back out of the backfield and give him some short yardage rushes. Then again it was one PS game. 🙂

He’s just too small and isn’t fast enough. We don’t have the luxury of keeping him with Ajayi hurt.

Stupid is as stupid says:

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly · 23h23 hours ago
    The struggle is real with this third-team offensive line….Where is the depth?

Why does anyone care about the 3rd teamers, they won’t make the team.

Steve, are you talking about Williams? He’s the #2 right now. Williams is 5-11 220+?

I was talking about LaMike, neither can run the ball, but Williams is real good catching the ball and making guys miss.

Raiders have a female doing play by play. Takea a little getting used to. But kudos to her and them.

Working SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any of you rich folks need a entourage?

80. uwantwat says:

Win the lottery

Uhg, too much vodca yesterday.

No one ran me off with he safety word Rob. It looked like I scared everyone off. The amount of posting dropped to none after my warning. It was boring here and then I passed out.

Need more sleep, less beer. Work is gonna be a tough one today.

• Brian in NY says:

Rockphin says:
      August 15, 2015 at 8:27 am
      Uhg, too much vodca yesterday.
      August 15, 2015 at 8:35 am
      Need more sleep, less beer. Work is gonna be a tough one today.
      Come on guys, you know you’re not 40 anymore!

I’m not even 50 anymore. I kinda knew I’d pay for it today, but I couldn’t get this group together on a Saturday, so Friday it was.

84. naplesfan2010 says:

I thought MBT looked good enough to keep on the practice squad as the scout team QB and a worthy camp arm to give all the wideouts reps since we have like 27 of them right now. But he can’t be trusted yet to be Moore’s back-up if Tannehill is out for an extended period of time.
    I think what they might be doing on the sneak is getting Freeman ready to be brought back in that case to serve as Moore’s backup and maybe even his replacement if Tannehill is really hurt and Moore badly struggles so that we stay headed into the playoffs. 🙂
    They could cut Freeman with little risk of him getting picked up by another team, but this way he would be totally up to speed on the offense and in close to game shape without wasting a roster spot on a QB3.
    If he starts to shine maybe at some point they move on from Moore’s bigger contract, especially next year when Suh’s crunches us while trying to keep OV etc.

If Tannehill is really hurt, we’re done. I don’t think we can go far with any of the 3 backups we currently have.

• naplesfan2010 says:

True but there has to be some kinda plan, some guy to put in. Maybe we would need to trade for Mettenberger if that happened.

We have a plan. Moore is the backup, and beyond that it really doesn’t matter. If we don’t think Freeman has the potential to replace Moore next year, and we like the potential of Bethel-Thompson, then keep MBT. No team is winning a SB with their 3rd QB.

85. naplesfan2010 says:

I thought LaMike looked lost as a returner and slow and tentative as a RB. I say give Gills some meaningful minutes vs. the Panthers and ignore the fumble as a learning moment unless he makes it a trend. He has way more burst and make-em-miss than James. I say give Aultman real ops on kick returns and if he can do it we should cut James even if DeMar goes on the PS and Landry or Williams goes back to field kicks.

86. naplesfan2010 says:

I strongly disagree with your dismissal of my comment Mike E.
    There has to be some reasoning in the Front Office as to why they bothered to try to help Freeman resurrect his career, and it has to be more than the fact that Hickey was with him in Tampa and just “likes him.”
    I like to think that this type of planning for a more smooth future and having an elegant Plan C in place is how Tannenbaum is superior to the previous guy who frequently seemed to be caught off-guard.
    Freeman is no ordinary QB3. He is a former First Rounder and a former star in this league, but he is in almost no danger of getting poached off his sofa and at the same time would be grateful for us giving him this shot, and so he would maybe repay us by sitting at home and being ready to come back to us if that is the best deal he can get.
    How many teams have such a plan in place?

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 11m11 minutes ago
    Ed Morse wants to give you VIP Tix to the @MDCheer Calendar Unveil!

Rules/Entry: http://dolphins.com/edmorse NoPurchNec

### Sun Life Financial’s naming rights deal with the Dolphins expires at the end of January, and the Dolphins tell us that Sun Life’s name is coming off the stadium in early February regardless of whether Miami has reached a deal with a new naming rights partner or not. The Dolphins, who are rebranding their facility as a new stadium, expect to have a new stadium name by next August.

89. ukfinfan says:

Quick drive by and a possible sales outlet for Jahndoh. If God can’t get his beers on the bar who can?

Good luck Jahndoh

Guy, regarding information on the injured players, it is “season” now. Phiben like Bill Belichick will only release the injury information when they have to per league rules.

Pear juice? Man I had no time to go out and get any pear juice. I was in a rush to get hammered after my divorce hearing. I was fully aware that I would have a hangover last night and again this morning. It was penance for being so stupid as to marry that woman

Naples

My apology. I didn’t think I dismissed your comment. I agree that Freeman was/is a possibility to be the #2 for the future, I said that. I just mean once your starting QB goes down, it’s usually the end of the SB run.

From Mando: “Turner didn’t have any awful look-at-me-screw-up moments. He was otherwise anonymous, which is good for an offensive lineman.”

Heck — I’ll be happy if Turner starts and I never hear is game again all season.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

agreed. I think he played well. He did have a couple of hiccups but that’s expected. I thought thomas player well also.

BTW the holding on fox was such bullshit. The pats hold like that all the time and never ever get called.

Rockphin says:
    August 15, 2015 at 8:27 am
    Uhg, too much vodca yesterday.
    August 15, 2015 at 8:35 am
    Need more sleep, less beer. Work is gonna be a tough one today.

fucking amateurs

I got the Dolphins feed for the game the CBS 4 Home of the Dolphins feed which featured Stockton, Griese and Moore. The best part of the night was Moore trying to tell a story and his words just weren’t coming out right (read I had no idea wtf he was saying) and so he pauses himself and says “excuse me I’m tied tongue”. LOL what a mess no you weren’t Nat you were tongue-tied.

• jetsssuck says:

son of a son of a shula says:
      August 15, 2015 at 10:46 am

I got the Dolphins feed for the game the CBS 4 Home of the Dolphins feed which featured Stockton, Griese and Moore. The best part of the night was Moore trying to tell a story and his words just weren’t coming out right (read I had no idea wtf he was saying) and so he pauses himself and says “excuse me —-I’m tied tongue”. LOL what a mess no you weren’t Nat you were tongue-tied.
      ——————————————————————————
      gotta remember those guys are close to 70 if not more.

The next game isn’t until next Saturday – long wait.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I think we have a joint practice with the pathers this week right? That should be fun.

Right Boulder, yes we do. As far as I can remember this is the first since Shula used to take the team and go and practice with Atlanta every year.

• Brian in NY says:

Didn’t we do joint practices with Tampa a while back?

97. markeyh says:

Love this site and great recap SOSOS!

Admins

Keep your eyes peeled! I just gave markeyh the site address!

Markeyh good to see you, your posts will go through now.

What do you think of us having Suh?

LOL — could to see you Markeyh. How you been doing?

Apparently Wyoming is Kevin Costner and you are Shoeless Joe Jackson. Ask and they will come. 🙂

101. markeyh says:

I am excited about our team! Suh is a beast!!!!!

Hey Markeyh,

Welcome. What do you think of Tanny compared to Henne? LOL. I think we upgraded.

• markeyh says:

LOL! I was on the Tannehill bandwagon the day we drafted him….still feel sorry for Henne as I still think he would have done better under better coaching.

103. markeyh says:

Some concerns with our depth but they have some time to get their act together….

Brian in NY says:
    August 15, 2015 at 10:58 am (Edit)
    Didn’t we do joint practices with Tampa a while back?

It’s possible, there’s are the things I rely on Tim for, Jimmy Johnson may have had us practice with someone.

I was not impressed by Ced Thompson Jr. I don’t see him as a factor at this time. He’ll be behind Jones, Delams, Aiken and Thomas and I doubt we keep 5 Safties.

Heard them talking about little Nicky and this article on QAM recently…..not sure it hit the board.
    Includes:

“He got a kick out of occasionally switching a Saban-called play in the defensive huddle, something his coach had begun to notice. Saban’s face contorted into rage when he heard Thomas yelling. He stopped practice and ran over to Thomas and told him to “shut the fuck up.” Thomas told Saban to “shut the fuck up” right back, then yelled, “I’m a grown-ass man!””
    ————————–
    And I didn’t even talk about the stripper.

107. jetsssuck says:

son of a son of a shula says:
    August 15, 2015 at 10:46 am

——————
    gtta remember those guys are close to 70 or maybe some are 70 and over.

Welcome back Markey H. Good to see you and to see you are still a phins fan despite no Chad Henne. JKLOL.

Miami DolphinsVerified account
    ‏@MiamiDolphins
    We have re-signed free agent wide receiver Tyler McDonald and waived/injured wide receiver Tommy Streeter.

Alright it is nice day. Going to do some outside stuff for a little while. Peace

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 25s25 seconds ago
    Welcome Jordan Tripp to IR Toure De Davie.

112. naplesfan2010 says:

I remember when Lamar Miller was a rookie he got stripped after a long run just like Gills did. Not that Gills is a rook, but hopefully gettin embarrassed like that sticks in a guy’s mind so bad they’ll never let that happen again (unless they are Leon Lett).

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 27s28 seconds ago
    Bobby McCain walks out to go do his rehab assignment.

114. naplesfan2010 says:

just sayin I am still a fan of Gillilslee based on burst and wiggle, which I think neither Damien or LaMike have shown. I’d keep Damien as he has shown good work catching passes and RAC yds.
    He can return KOs also to take some hits off Landry.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 7m7 minutes ago
    Branden Albert getting his walk through work in. More running than usual.

116. naplesfan2010 says:

did not see Bobby Mac get hurt … anybody know what that is about?

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 25m25 minutes ago
    #Dolphins not practicing today:
    Christion Jones (hamstring)
    Chris Martin (back)
    Bobby McCain (hamstring)
    Stills (calf)
    Jordan Tripp (ankle)

118. naplesfan2010 says:

Jordan Tripp does not look badly hurt, but still … 2 yrs in a row is not a good start.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 24s25 seconds ago
    #Dolphins injured rookie WR DeVante Parker catching balls from Don Jones on sideline https://instagram.com/p/6aZAGrFu_i/

120. naplesfan2010 says:

Wyo
    thnx for the updates bro … good stuff

gotta remember those guys are close to 70 if not more.

Plus they took a lot of hits to the head. Back when helmet technology was not as advanced. Too

122. naplesfan2010 says:

Bob and Nat both know a ton about the game though … I love those guys … real Dolphin memories with those guys

123. jetsssuck says:

good to c u markey—what happened with LB trunznik from last year

124. naplesfan2010 says:

Trusnik was a FA who was not resigned…he latched on with Carolina so we should see him play against us this week … GREAT TIMING on the question JS

• jetsssuck says:

i always liked him because he was good in special teams and he was a good backup for any of the LB positions when needed pus he wouldn’t embarrass himself when he played those positions. He came prepared for each game. I believe he was a late round pick. The way this team is built we are gonna need some late rounders and undrafted FA’s the next couple of years to help us with the salary cap

• naplesfan2010 says:

We picked him up after he got cut from the browns I think … he was a UDFA for the Jets who went to the browns in the Braylon Edwards trade … he played for Ohio Northern wherever the heck that is. Good steady player for us you are right but a tad slow.

Hey Markeyh, good to see you.

126. Try Pod says:

I hear Albert is hurt again?

127. Try Pod says:

I just heard on Miami radio that he came off the field with an injury- that’s all that’s been said.

Brandon Howard ‏@DashDiallo1 · 1m1 minute ago
      Branden Albert has gone back inside following his one-on-one w/ Wake. Appeared to be a bit gimpy.

128. jetsssuck says:

here’s a good article about trunnik- http://www.journalnow.com/sports/carolina_panthers/panthers-need-trusnik-s-special-teams-expertise/article_e6fbbc40-8fb7-57c2-8a64-0d9dbcb529a0.html

I didn’t realize the panthers spent a 1st round pick on a linebacker to go with the 2 studs they already have. Their defense was dominating last year.

129. markeyh says:

R Tannehill 6/7 56 yards 1 TD QBR 139.6
    C. Henne 9/10 87 yards 1 TD QBR 136.2
    M Moore 4/9 43 yards 0 TD’s QBR 59.0
    just saying 🙂

naplesfan2010 says:
    August 15, 2015 at 1:21 pm
    I believe that was in the Halloween game against the Bengals on Thursday night in 2013 during his second season.

Good to see ya Markeyh!

Yeah you never know when you draft a guy if everything is going to work out, at least not right away. We’re without Parker too but at least it seems like he’s on track to be back soon.

Have you heard anything on Cooper with the Raiders?

Brian, Miller looked really good the other night. He added some weight and muscle and he didn’t look like he lost any quickness or speed. He could have a big year.

• Brian in NY says:

I agree. Given an increased load, I think he can have a monster year.

I liked to that we seemed to commit to the running game out of the gate. I hope we stick with that.

Miller averaged 13.5 rushes and 2.375 receps per game last year. I see no reason why he can’t get into that 17-18 rush range and a little bump in receiving as well. Nobody is asking for 25+ every week. But in some games he should get some 20+ when he’s really rolling.

• Brian in NY says:

Absolutely. There’s a growing faction among allergists that the reason so many kids have allergies is that we avoid exposing them to kids altogether. They did a study and kids in rural areas on farms, and third world countires have much less allergies than our kids here do.

I’ve read that Cooper is picking up the offense extremely well, and that he is having a great camp.

Brian, I can’t wait until we have all hands on deck at WR. Throughout the season there will be times when we don’t, guys get banged up, but hopefully our depth will allow us to keep rolling every week.

Early on I think we’ll see a lot of Landry and Jennings and hopefully Stills soon. Matthews seems to have played his way into the rotation at least for now due to opportunity and he’s responded well. Then Parker will get more and more opportunities as he gets himself healthier. This could be a really good group.

• Brian in NY says:

Definitely. Laron Byrd is making a strong case to make the team as well. He made a hell of a catch the other night.

This is how I see our roster shaping up for the most part by position. There’s a half a player left here so we’ll see which way we might go heavier. LOL

OL 9
    TE 3-4
    WR 5-6
    QB 2
    RB 3-4

DT 5
    DE 4
    LB 7 (McCain can also play DE)
    DB 10 (some guys can play CB/S)

K 1
    P 1
    LS 1

That seems about right Tim.

The TE spot was interesting the other night, a lot of guys played. Sims and Cameron are clearly the top 2. Sims had 2 receptions in that first drive and he ran nice routes and just looked physical and legit.
    Stoneburner it seemed to me got the third most work and a few throws came his way. Semich and Lynch as I recall didn’t have any catches and played only in the second half. Gerrell Robinson got some snaps too.

Yeah I’m not sure about TE yet, I haven’t seen enough. We only use one RB at a time so not sure why would need to load up on them. Miller is going to be the top dog for sure. He looked really good the other night coming off of his best season.

Landry – star
    Parker – needs to come back healthy and quickly
    Jennings – keep ballin’
    Stills – must get back healthy and quickly
    Matthews – showed he can be a factor in this offense

I think the only guy who can make it 6 is Preston otherwise I think we go with only 5.

Bryd too, he’s the one that made that nice catch on a deep ball. The pass was good but a little overthrown but Byrd leaped for it and made a great catch. That’s something Wallace would have never done.

August 15, 2015 at 5:38 pm

This is how I see our roster shaping up for the most part

13 brunettes
    9 blondes
    6 red heads
    6 strawberry blondes

basically at this point only the cheerleaders matter. well wait, at any point they are what matters but you get what i mean.

…….but guess you are talking cheerleaders. 🙂

lol, nothing gets by X.

Stanger good game last night between the Bucs and Mets. Game 2 soon. The Pirates are a good team and remind me of what the Mets are becoming.

Hey — a team six games back has to step up to the plate when they take on a commanding division leader. 🙂

Hey Markey! Good to see you on!

142. Try Pod says:

What’s going on with our 2nd round pick?

If you go to miamidolphins.com and try to watch videos and there a bunch of new ones up after the game and practice today, are the videos not loading properly? I see one or two and then they go black.

Stanger, as long as the Nats keeps struggling it’s all cool. 🙂

Bitch about it is that the division leaders in other ones would be 4th place in the NL Central right now.

Yeah but you know how that works. You guys either have to do something amazing or secure the WC. The Cubs are who you have to look out for. You have a big edge on SF.

Here is the main 3 man rotation at DT. Look at Suh, he’s a friggin modern day Hercules. He just looks different than other guys.

‘I see one or two and then they go black.’

that is why they never come back

son of a son of a shula says:
    August 15, 2015 at 6:25 pm

I’ll coach the brunettes!

thats fine you can. i will be the towel boy

148. Try Pod says:

I was asking about or second rounder because I really haven’t heard anyone talking about him. Is he doing well?

Here ya go Try

150. Try Pod says:

Thank you guys- some guy on the radio was saying he wasn’t doing well, but I hadn’t heard one way or the other.

lmmfao, so idiot on bucs bonus. the local show before the preseason game. just said he can see the bucs going 14-2. to damn funny, maybe he thinks kraft owns the bucs now.

Joe W ‏@Joe_W_Dolphins · 2h2 hours ago
    It’s been several college gms and one preseason gm, but I’ve still yet see anyone move Jordan Philips off the line of scrimmage.

the vikings have 5 white guys starting on defense, guess they are already playing for a high draft pick. 🙂

help me, some one, any one help me, please i am begging help me, i find myself pulling for jameis. help, i am melting, melting

Listening to the home town announcers in preseason is annoying as fuck. Watching Cardinals vs Chiefs, with the Cardinals announcers doing the game. Last night it was the Broncos homers, Thursday it was bears.

The depth issues everyone is talking about can be put on 3 plays and 2 players and one positon. MBTs 2 turnovers and Gilleslee’s fumble, along with MBTs/Freeman’s QB play, and the fact that we didn’t have a WR on the field in the second half that was capable of getting open and catching a pass, until Hamilton figured it out late in the 4th.

Scoring in the preseason is really stupid, almost as stupid as the stats of a kick returner. What I’m getting at is your first team plays against their first team scores then shuts them down, your first teamers go out and theirs stay on the field, then score against your 2nd teamers…

As for stats of a kick returner, who thought it was a good idea to count the yards deep in the endzone as part of the return? So, for example, your kick returner on average fields the ball 6 yrds deep in the endzone and has a 26 yrd average per return. The stat is meaningless, I mean, I want to know the average yards returned on the playing field, not in the endzone, to determine, if he’s worth anything.

Murphy is a solid hitter but he’s not a good baseball player. I’m tired of him. His .275-280 is not that big of a deal. Time to move on. He belongs in the AL so he doesn’t have to play in the field all the time. He wrecked this game. He loses more games with his shitty play in the field and on the base paths then he wins games with his bat.

New Post up