Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Preseason Week 1

AskMike

Before I get down to Ask Mike business, I just want to thank Piggy and Sonny for all of their hard work, and all the time and effort they have made to keep all of us entertained and educated about our team. I think we should all give them a big thanks, they have been pumping out article after article,  day in and day out for quite some time now. Not many Miami Dolphins blogs can boast that. Thank you!

from Al

Q – Mike,
I might as well get this question out of the way for ya,
What do you
think about the Dolphins TE situation? LOL (queue the Lynch venom)

I’m not totally shocked that Lynch’s tenure has come to an end. Last year he was on IR, and this year, he didn’t really show anything that gave the coaches a reason to want him on our roster, while Jake Stoneburner and Tim Semisch have shown some promise. Stoneburner made a couple of nice catches in the preseason game against the Bears, and Semisch is an intriguing player with size, 6’8” 266 lbs. I think we all knew that Lynch’s stronger point was blocking as opposed to receiving, but with Sims here who fills that role, I think we needed some diversity.

The biggest issue for us this year at TE, is the health of Jordan Cameron. He’s an all-pro TE when he’s healthy. The problem is, he’s too often NOT healthy. In 2014 he played in 10 games starting 9. in 13, easily his best season, he played in 15 games starting 14. He finished that year with 80 receptions for 917 yards, and 7 TD’s. That’s what I’d love to see from him this year. He does that, anything else we get is gravy! Sims has come a long way from when he was first a Miami Dolphin, and I think he could start if he had to, but he doesn’t have the talent and athleticism of Jordan Cameron. Cameron is a stud TE. Stoneburner could be a decent 3rd TE, and I do believe they like the size and potential of Tim Semisch. We may carry as many as 4-5 TE’s, last year we carried 4. Considering the health risk of Cameron, we might take 5.
______________________________________________

from Lee (Uwantwat)

Q – Mike. E.

I have to ask you this as you have seemed to be OL fixated in recent years.
Have the Phins done enough to put together a solid OL?
Do you think we still need to sign and overpay for Evan Mathis or a non ZBS OG in Andy Levitre?
I won’t bother you with inane comments regarding the newest Yet TE. I’m sure another will ask you.
Thanks,
Lee (uwantwat)

Thanks for the question and for participating Lee. Glad to have you on the blog!

To answer your question, I’m not sure yet, but I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone who knows me that I don’t think we’ve properly addressed the O-line. Too many questions abound. Sure, everyone wants to take for granted that #71 will be the Branden Albert he’s been for his entire career. He had major knee reconstruction. He tore both his ACL and MCL joints, and that was November 9th. Consider the fact that we’re talking about a guy who needs to remain stable and endure tons of force in the trenches, and a guy that weighs about 320 lbs, that’s a lot to ask. He might be back at some point, maybe even game 1, but will he be the same guy he’s been? I’m not sure. So that leaves Jason Fox at LT. Jamil Douglas looked OK in a very short sample of play, against a team learning a new defense. I’m not sure he’s ready for prime time, but time will tell. Same goes for Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner. They didn’t have a full game of play yet, and they haven’t played a team yet with a stout DL.

I feel like this years team has “We’re going for it!” written all over it. They brought in Suh, gave Tannehill a huge contract, signed Greg Jennings and Kenny Stills. If we’re going for it, why not finish the sundae with a nice cherry on top, and bring in the solid OG Evan Mathis. We will be severely capstrung next season, I realize that, but what a a shame it would be to have everything working, except the O-line. This year I would have taken an OT/OG in the first RD because of the fact that Albert may not be 100%, and also because our OG’s were unimpressive. We waited until the 4th RD to take Jamil Douglas, and I think it was too little too late. Stay tuned!
______________________________________________

from Ken

Q – How many games will Brady actually serve if any for his suspension from deflate gate? And what will be the Pats record in those games?

I think he will serve 4 games. It disgusts me that the courts are involved in this nonsense, and frankly, his latest stance that he wants to be punished for non cooperation rather than cheating tells me how selfish he is. It’s all about him and his legacy. He doesn’t want it tarnished, well he should have thought of that before breaking the damn rules!

I think even if the courts get involved (and they are), they will find the NFL has enough evidence (by their own rules) to suspend Brady for as long as they have, and he will serve the entire 4 game suspension.

I think Garoppolo will be 0-1 facing the Steelers. I think Garoppolo gets Buffoppoloed against the Buffalo Bills defense, so 0-2. I think The Patriots, despite playing with a shellshocked Garoppolo, they manage to edge out the upstart Jags by a FG or less to go to 1-2. Then the Patriots go to Texas to face the Cowboys, and Jerry Jones gets the last laugh, as the Bradyless Patriots finish 1-3 without their cheating QB.

So there you have it Ken, 1-3, with a chance at 0-4 if the Jaguars are as improved as I think they could be.
______________________________________________

from Stanger

Q – We are all excited about what Suh can do for this defense.   Just that one exceptional guy creates opportunities for the others on the D-Line and takes pressure off the LBs and DBs. Hopefully it will give them a chance to think more about making plays rather than just stopping them.   Without even going into where else his money could have gone, are you concerned about the one hugely important egg in one very large basket factor?   Just as much as he helps the D, if he goes down we’ll be left with a less talented D than the one that was at best average end of last season.

stanger

Definitely concerned Jon. You look around the NFL, and not one other team has as much money tied up into a defensive lineman. The Dolphins have approximately 17-18% of their salary dedicated to Suh, where the 2nd highest is Tampa Bay Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy, who takes up 8% of their salary cap. His 6 YR/$95,200M contract is plenty, but the biggest cap hit McCoy has was last year at $21.3M, but through the next few years, his salary cap maxes out at $14.6M this year, and goes down from there. Suh on the other hand has a cap crushing $28.6M next season, and then $22.1 and $22.4M respectively in 2018 and 2019. Consider that Ryan Tannehill’s new contract gives us a hit of $11.6M next season, and goes up to whopping $20.3M in 2017, and stays right around there through to 2020, that’s 2 players eating a whole lot of cap space.

Suh really does change the face of our defense, and if his play, and demeanor become infectious with his teammates, and he exceeds his play with the Detroit Lions, it may be worth it. Of course an injury would be devastating, so I won’t even discuss that. It’s always a risk giving a huge contract to a player, but sometimes they make the difference. Look what LeBron did with the Heat!

Everyone on the defense will benefit from Suh being there, we just haven’t had a player like him. I’d be shocked if Wake, Vernon, Fede, Shelby and anyone else playing DT don’t have better numbers with Suh on the field. Most of all I want Suh here in December, where Joe gets _ _ _ _ _ y, and the rest of the team _ _ _ _ _ s.  Suh won’t allow that!
______________________________________________

from UK

Q – Hey Mike,

Good to see you back in the chair as it means another season is right round the corner.

So, it looks like the Jets and Pats are going to start handicapped and the Bills are still the Bills. Does this mean we win the East for the first time in a very long time?

Cheers
UK

You know what UK, I really, and truly believe it does! I do think it’s our time, and I also believe that if our O-line really isn’t working, we’re going to cave in and sign Evan Mathis. I think we’ve come too far to stop now. The Bills still scare me, because they’ve beaten us without a QB before. They’re defense is ferocious, and as scary as our own is now. They also feel like they can beat us, because they have. We need to change that, and with the growth of Tannehill, and the addition of Suh, I think we will.

The Jets may not necessarily be handicapped by the loss of Geno. Fitzpatrick is also an inconsistent QB, but he’s consistently better than Geno. Geno may have had a higher ceiling, but I think Fitz gives them a better chance each week than Geno. Despite that, We have a better team than the Jets, so I do think this is the year for us to come out on top.

The Patriots losing Brady will be a huge hit, and hopefully he misses the 4 games he should miss, and his suspension isn’t reduced by the courts, who really have no business in the NFL’s business. That’s total bullsh!t. Garoppolo is not going to lead that team like Brady, and hearing at some point earlier this year that Garoppolo will still be the best QB in the AFC East really pissed me off! Sickened me actually. The lack of respect to Geno Smith (Just kidding!), the lack of respect shown to Ryan Tannehill in that statement, and I can’t even remember who said it, but it was replayed on NFL radio, is just absurd. Ryan Tannehill may finish as a better QB this year than Tom Brady, never mind his understudy Jimmy.
______________________________________________

from Pigsgerald Oinkustus Bacon

Q – Dear Mike E.
I heard John Clayton call our offense a Don Coryell style offense recently.  He also said we are no longer a west coast offense.  Do you think that is true?  Did Philbin abandon his roots?  Any idea what Clayton means?  How would you describe our offense?

Also, can we agree that piggies are bound to rule the Earth one day?

– Pigsgerald

Is John Clayton still alive? Wow! No seriously, I think we can all understand this, especially watching last year, where we threw the ball far more than we ran it. However, I don’t believe for a second that that’s the formula for this years offense. I think Philbin would prefer to run more, but we have to be effective doing it, and have the horses to do it. I hope Ajayi gets healthy, and shows he’s ready for the NFL, because I like the tandem of MillerTime, Ajayi and Williams. I get the feeling after watching the game the other day that LaMike is gonna be LaGone. He didn’t show me a thing on returns, and he went down so easily running into the back of his own man, Jordan Kovacs, and Kovacs wasn’t pushed backwards either.

Keep in mind that Ajayi is a 2nd RD talent, and for a RB that’s a compliment. Yes, he was drafted in the 5th due to medical concerns, but those concerns aren’t immediate concerns, but long term concerns. I think if he can get healthy, he will flash and be part of the RB group that should put up some nice yardage totals. I don’t think we’re going to pass 35-40 times per game, and run 15-20 again. I think we might some games, but not as a general strategy. I think we’ll run when we can run, and pass when we can pass, whichever works best against whatever defense we play each week.
______________________________________________
And now for the babe of the week . . .

Mrs Met

Aside | This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

646 Responses to Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Preseason Week 1

That happens tonight Mike

Appear entry the redskins OL is bad

Chris Burke ✔ @ChrisBurke_SI
    RGIII injury. Corey Wootton the Lion who landed on him.

Woohoo
    Page turn!!

Jahn congrats on the brewing venture gaining traction. Unlike Ken, I don’t want to sample your brew.
    Heck, I want to CHUG many a pint! 😛

5. ocalahowie says:

Thanks Ken
    didnt know the old blog was still going and wow I completely forgot about Walker.
    I thought this whole shit started with a fued between Walker and Gigi
    What happened to her?

Updating an earlier item, Robert Griffin III (head, shoulder) has yet to officially be cleared of a concussion.
    The Redskins’ broadcast team reported that RGIII had been cleared, but the team won’t offer a comment until after the game. All we know for sure is that Griffin has a right (throwing) shoulder stinger. A concussion would put him in danger of missing next week’s Week 1 tune up against the Ravens.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    RG3 hit 6 times in 8 dropbacks tonight and somewhere Ndamukong Suh, Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon wish season opener would arrive soon.

Howie:
    It’s a long and tortured tale as to how the current state of affairs came to be. The long and short is that Walker is running the old site and some of us decided to start up a new site. Everyone from the old site is welcome here but not everyone comes and vice versa.

There’s a lot of accusations and blame games in play. I’ve made attempts to mend it but some folks aren’t ready or feel it’s better off to leave it as is. The bottom line is it’s unfortunate.

why is getter making ken drink out of randys house

Alright. Starting trial tomorrow so I am out. Peace.

I may or may not be having a margarita right now
    Go ahead and guess

12. ocalahowie says:

Wow
    I’ve been out of the loop to long.
    I’m glad Son got my E-mail cause I lost my passwords for the old site to…
    Hell I would have probably subscribed to Omars blog and started from scatch 😦

Don’t forget to vote

It’s a 3 way tie for whole Mustachio should profile
    And really
    I don’t want to profile his wife
    That has nothing to do with football

It’s true
    Mrs Mustachio needs a little waxing above the lip

Here is a tweet if espn still getting to milk the Manziel bit

Check our the browns uniforms
    So you like them?

Espn is back on the Manziel train
    Prepare to be annoyed

this is cool from dolpins site about today’s practice. I think we got something in Fede.

” Can’t Block Them – Two players that stood out to me today during the offensive line/defensive line drill were Ndamukong Suh and Terrence Fede. It’s no surprise about the dominance of Suh, consistently winning individual match-ups and gaining penetration into the offensive backfield. But Fede’s athletic make-up gives the Dolphins defensive end position a player that can be counted on when they decide to use him. There wasn’t a tackle on the Panthers offensive line that could handle him in individual work for two days! His blend of quickness and technique has come so far in one season that he can be counted on this year when his number is called. “

lil Marist college has a BIG BOY star in the making….bet they’ll be proud!

Go #78

Wonder what OV is thinking, since he may or may not be resigned. We need to get Miller/OV signed now or they’ll both be asking for a shitload of $$ next yr, that we can’t pay. I think both will have their best yrs this yr.

18. uwantwat says:

I never ceased to be amazed that the NFL actually people to watch the pre season games. If you are a season’s ticket holder they should be free. Pay good money to watch 1 or maybe 2 drives by the starters it is a joke. I’ve been watching Game pass and soon got totaaly bored with the 2 early games. Older I get I must be harder to please. Then again this is the league that will enable the cheats to prosper and walk free from deflategate like they have on all the other charges.

19. uwantwat says:

Left out carge people good money*

It’s great to hear that Fede has progressed since we drafted him and is looking very good. I think we need to sign OV this year and PERHAPS we have already replaced aging Cam Wake with a developmental player. DEVELOPMENT!!?? Who would have thunk?

21. uwantwat says:

Try again CHARGE*

22. uwantwat says:

Wouldn’t surprise me to find that Dion whathisname comes back a changed to find he will be a career back up. Apt maybe.

Good Morning Lee!

24. uwantwat says:

Good evening Rock. have you been well?

Good Morning Dolfans!

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 8h8 hours ago
    Miss April working her magic with @Despiswimwear! Visit http://dolphinscheerleaders.com to pre-order a 2016 swimsuit calendar.

27. dcoralsprings says:

Rumor mill churning
    Weddle to the phins
    No idea how they could pull that off,
    But I kind of like the idea !

Oh BTW Piggy. I think I finally got to the bottom of the whole lache seastrunk thing. Dallas just cut him and as a paying gift one of the coaches said why. Send he likes to freelance on plays, like all of them. Rarely sticks to there playbook or playcall. Exact comment the coach gave was he could turn 2 yard gains into 5 yard losses. Maybe he is trying too hard to impress and its backfiring on him. That’s a couple rb needy teams now that have cut him so it may be over for the kid if he doesn’t figure something out

Looks like the weddke this is Omar making roster suggestions and during the rumor mill with a bunch of other hacks like Walker latching on. There doesn’t seem to be anything real out there right now.

I can’t see the Dolphins getting Weddle. He’s a very good player, but I put him in the same boat as Mathis. They will both be expensive, and both hurt the cap for next year. If you don’t think we should get Mathis, you can’t think we should sign Weddle.

We got what looks like 2 decent replacements for Delmas, so there’s no way we’re signing Weddle. Just a rumor by Omar and Walker to get interest, and it makes no sense from a cap perspective.

Sorry I didn’t have a post this morning, I’ve been busy all week getting my Dolphin porch ready and finished off so we can have a birthday party for wifey. I won’t say her age but think of OV’s number, lol.

Great job Mike!

Did you guys notice the amount of ex-Dolphins between the Bills and Browns? There had to be at least a dozen. All with typical Ireland traits good but replaceable.

32. uwantwat says:

Like the guards let the youngsters battle it out. Last thing we need is high priced vets near the end of their careers.

33. uwantwat says:

That was is reference to the safeties.

D says:
    August 21, 2015 at 8:05 am (Edit)

*****************
    Thanks D
    I always appreciated Seastrunk’s creativity but I guess not sticking to the play is a detriment at this level

Its a shame

I’m still waiting to see the guy make in impact somewhere
    Maybe its just one play – but he has talent

I like our young DBs
    but Weddle is a really solid safety
    I know it will cost us
    but he is the kind of guy who can exploit a really good DL
    I’m sort of indifferent on it – bc I like our young guys
    But I don;t think the idea of going after Weddle is crazy
    and we did save cap room with the timing of Delmas’ injury

We’d all love for us to get Weddle/Mathis, but with our cap situation it’s not going to happen or if does it comes at a huge price (loss of current player). We saved maybe $1.5 mil on Delmas, Weddle will cost $6 mil+. Anyone expensive player we sign now lessens the chances we sign OV/Miller. I think both are big priorities for us, and if not they will be at the end of the yr.

maybe some kinda 1 year rental
        I don;t know

I don;t think its necessary

between Weddle and Mathis I think I would rather have Weddle
        But I understand the cap consequences and I don;t find any fault with the team in not doing it
        in fact, I might be a little worried if we were spending recklessly on vets

And remember
    you can never have too many DBs

Steve

“Drafted very well” is a big stretch there pal.

I think he means Ireland found a lot of good players

and he did
      guys like Starks, Wake, Vernon, Jones & Miller
      of course Starks and Wake weren’t drafted

Ireland’s misses hurt more that his hits helped

I think it was clear he was holding this team back

but from time to time, there is talent he brought into this team either on this team or elsewhere that you realize is a pretty good player

Look how many of his players are still in the league. He couldn’t find the great player and he couldn’t find guys to play the system. Bottomline is he failed as a GM.

What broken dreams are made of
    (A tear falls from Piggy’s eye)

I’d be shocked if we traded for Weddle. It’s not just money, we’d have to give up a draft pick and/or player. I hope we don’t. I want the young guys we invested in to step up, that’s why you acquire them.

I think something like 90% of the Packers roster were drafted by the Packers

They do an incredible job of player development
      Pitt too

but you need draft picks for that

I don;t know that I’d be shocked too
      its probably a little unnecessary though

but he might be the kind of player who can make a top 5 defense the #1 defense

Our DL looks really good, so having some playmaking DBs to add to Grimes and Jones would probably make us better

So I think if you take the perspective of anything to get better, it makes sense

the Cowboys do stuff like that – and sometimes it works for them
      the Packers would never make that move

I don;t think there is a formula that guarantees success or failure
      I trust the team to make the right decision
      I’m not sure either decision would be wrong

but I think Tannebaum is more Cowboy then Packer while Hickey and Philbin might be more Packer than Cowboy…know what I mean

When is the last time it’s worked for the Cowboys? Until last year they’ve been just like us dwelling in mediocrity.

I guess if we’re all in to try to compete for a championship this year it’s possible but if we swing and miss we might have a set back for a season as we restructure our cap and roster because we’re going to lose some guys because we can’t pay them.

So Ireland drafted a lot of good football players who didn’t fit what we needed? That’s not drafting great by any means.

I think its more semantics than anything else

I think he meant he drafted good football players (pro level) who are still in the league but he did not assemble a good team. There is a difference. I would agree with that.

On our poll about replacing Delmas
    there is only 1 vote for “a free agent”
    and 9 votes for Aiken
    so I guess most of us favor passing on weddle

I voted for Fede but I wouldn’t mind reading about the adventures of the whore known as Mrs. Mustachio. LOL

the Cowboys were a good team last year
    and they look on track to be good this year

you have to both draft well and also pick up key FAs in today’s NFL. Packers drafted well but they won their 1st superbowl because they picked up Farve from the falcons then reggie white in FA.

They traded for a very young unproven Favre. He wasn’t established. Them picking up Reggie White is the same as us adding Suh so we’re not that far off. The difference is we drafted RT and have developed him into his 4th season with the arrow pointing up.

Terrence Fede and the whore known as Mrs. Mustachio are tied!

I was afraid of voting for Deez Nuts, as I thought it was Hillary’s alias. 😯

As I said yesterday, for now I’d say NO to Weddle for a few reasons.

As Tim mentioned, the trade would require a draft pick or player and a sizable contract we are strapped to pay right now, all things considered.
    Also Weddle is on the back end of 30, will be 31 on Jan 4th.
    ….and let’s see what the young talent can do, after all that is why we drafted them, to develop them into replacing a ‘Vet’, Delmas.
    The young bucks should be ok behind that DL with Suh & Co., who’ll make everyone’s life easier.

Let’s hold onto our coins that are left to resign OV/Miller, or to sign other players if God forbid another starter gets injured on another unit.

Deez Nuts are still hanging around.

Trump looks amused, Hillary looks scared, like she doesn’t have a feel for Deez Nuts in a very longtime.

Tim, yes on GB, also they drafted Rodgers, but had to sit him 3 years behind Favre, whereas Tanny got thrown into the mix game 1 as a rookie, and rightly so in this particular case.

It will be very interesting to see how Tanny’s 4th year compares to Rodgers 4th year, when he started after 3 years gaining experience behind Favre.

I think I have my 53 man roster pretty set. Barring injury I bet its close to what we end up with.

I was just thinking today that we probably already know who 7 locks are on the OL. It’s the 8th or 9th depending on what the coaches think that are up in the air.
    LT Albert/Fox
    LG Thomas/Douglas
    C Pouncey
    RG Turner/Douglas
    RT James/Fox

I don’t think we’re cutting Douglas our 4th rd pick and I can’t see any of these other guys getting cut. My question is who can serve as a backup center (Walton?) and we need a versatile guy who can play multiple positions ala Gerner and that’s likely Linkenbach. Not sure if Linkenbach has center skills.

That’s about the way I have it….and no way Douglas is even thought of as a cut, hell, he’s close to beating out Thomas or Turner.

McClendon could be in mix, he’s played both OG/C

Thomas seems to be settling in as the LG. Turner is still having more ups and downs and that’s why Douglas has been getting some reps at RG. Is there a sleeper on the OL?

As mentioned, Douglas is the sleeper so far, and McClendon raised a few eyebrows, he’s entering just his 4th year, and his another TN Vol….could you imagine having 3 Vols starting on the OL. 😉

Also maybe a sleeper could be 2nd year Donald Hawkins, bring him along as a future LT, where he started 24 out of 25 games as a Longhorn in TX.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 35m35 minutes ago
    Have you purchased you tickets to our 20th annual Swimsuit Fashion Show? Here’s where to go: http://dolphinscheerleaders.com/unveiling

GD, I meant sleeper that nobody is talking about, like a Hawkins as you suggested. We’re not deep at tackle at the moment until Albert can start.

Yep, is why I brought him up. He’s raw, but he’s got time, and we have a certain Mr. Benton that better start developing some talent brought in.

We’ve been over and under the Ireland years so many times it hurts. He was solid in FA, quite underwhelming in the 2nd – 4th RD, never hit on a WR. He did better in the later rounds of the draft, which is unusual, but he never got any value on his early picks.

Ireland hit on more early talent then you’re probably thinking of. Not all great players but they were not busts and are still in the league and some with us.

Spare me….maybe I’ll look another day.
      Right now, I want to focus on today’s team & FO. 😀

Yes Boulder, my love child was drafted under the Jeffro tenure…that was a no-brainer I feel, with many circumstances influencing him at that point.
      But glad he got something right.

Go Tanny! 😀

most GMs look good before the season starts. Let’s wait till january before we crown anyone.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Can #Dolphins secondary get it done with an unproven starter at both cornerback and safety?
    ______________________
    That’s something all eyes will be upon for tomorrow’s PS game.

Yes, Taylor is not unproven, he played well last year and rookies start all the time in this league. So stick a sock in it Andrew! LOL

Yesss, 14 points a game contributed to Juice would be some badass Consistency!

LOL @ the ireland talk. the guy had something like 35 draft picks. pretty sure even some of you guys would have hit on a handful of them. but bottom line is 8-8. nuff said.

GD, I didn’t bring up Ireland’s drafts, someone else did. But if people are going to start categorizing stuff as good and bad be fair. That was my only point. You can look at the draft history whenever you’re ready. I’m not discussing it anymore because I don’t need to. LOL

I’m thinking next weeks home PS game #3, the dress rehearsal game, could be impacted by Danny spinning in the Atlantic. 😦

Hartline panned out, but he was more of a complimentary WR than he was a stud WR.

GD, gotcha I was thinking Danny Marino. I didn’t know the name of the TS.

The Phins have to play in games like that anyway. I remember one year where it seemed like they played in rain every time.

Non football piggy story

Last night I was at this Mexican place by me drinking a margarita (or 2) and eating down food

And a conversation started with this lady sitting next to me

Frankly she was a bit of a basket case but she was not ugly…lol
    And normally I try a little harder under those circumstances to say the right thing

She asked me what I did
    And I told her
    And this is an exact quote
    “I’m a lawyer…and I hate my job”

Oops
    Said a bit too much
    She kept talking to me, so I guess misery loves company

But I guess it dawned on me that I need to find a new job…lol

But I guess it dawned on me that I need to find a new job…lol

i hear bacon sales are good career opportunities

12 TD’s in 6 years says complimentary. A stud WR does that in a year.

Pig, start looking to open your own consulting firm, or becoming a sports agent…or even a legal counsel on the side to begin with, for a non-profit of a just cause that really motivates you.

Tim, that emoticon above reminds me of what I want to do with the Dolphins Miss April.

Do you usually put your thumbs in your ears and wiggle them when doing that? LOL

Oh, LOL…I thought he was tweaking the Nips while chewing out the man in the boat…my bad.
        Damn, I need better eye glasses….mr. hand!

That’s what I meant by hit on a WR. He never saw the importance of drafting your own WR. He traded two 2 RD picks for Marshall, but if he had drafted his own in the 1st or 2nd, he wouldn’t haveneeded to trade the 2 second RD picks for the malcontent in the 1st place.

Ever wonder how cheating your state is? Here’s a chart of per person expenditure on Ashley Madison. Gotta admit the places I have lived are high up the list……..but looks like Herd is faithful as they come. 🙂

stanger,

of course alabama is tops, but is it really cheating if it is still in the family.

Yeah, if your other brother doesn’t know about it.

LOL — in the article they actually came to the defense of Bama. Pointing out that it was the first on the pull down list and thus the default. So Colorado may actually be #1.

stanger,

here was that breakdown on a local stations site by city. they were yacking about it this morning

Stanger, it does not surprise me at all that NJ is high on the list. We’re an extremely populated state by density, the most in the country. We’re close to NYC and have 100 miles of beaches.

75. Al in MIA says:

Damn, Nick Saban had alot of profiles on that site.

“We learned that hundreds of Ashley Madison subscribers were probably U.S. government employees, and that a whopping 15,000 of the email addresses were linked to either the military or the government.”

They probably don’t ask for religion or that would be high on the list too. 😉

77. Al in MIA says:

I’d love to join in on this Ireland debate (I have mixed feelings about his career in Miami) but not worth the effort. HICKEY & TANNENBAUM got me thinking SB :).
    You see, the one thing I will say is a big difference in mentality between team Hickey and team Ireland is something that went down this offseason. Fins had 2 departing DT and the team went out and got the best DT possible to plug a hole. The starters were covered just on the Suh signing (with Mitchell the other DT). Come draft day, Hickey goes and takes Phillips in the 2nd round (because the team needs to restock talent there in case Mitchell/Suh have problems during their stay in Miami). Not only stops there, but after the draft he signs Mosley to push the competition there between Mitchell & Johnson (and other DT on the roster). Go back to when Ireland had Ronnie Brown & Ricky Williams going out the door at the same time (no contract considered); neither is re-signed and the team’s only back was Lex Hilliard going into the draft. Ireland comes up with nothing prior to the draft and Jeffro is compelled to trade up and acquire Daniel Thomas. Forget that Thomas did not pan out but the fact that Jeff put all his eggs in one basket (a draft pick to solve problems) and then traded for Reggie Bush after the draft under desperate circumstances (all indications were that Saints would have let go of Reggie anyway but Miami couldn’t afford to risk competing against a slew of other teams). The Reggie move worked out but the Thomas one was a complete fail. He took on significant risk out there and was fortunate to hit on Reggie but it blew up in his face with Thomas who he really thought would just be picking up where Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams left.

you do know ashley madison doesnt send a email confirmation to sign up. so anyone can basically sign some one else up as long as you know their email address.

or i mean so i hear

SabanDiaperBoy@AshleyMadison write in his profile

“Hey ladies, gents and transgenders! Married guy here looking for some one to treat me like a baby while I wear my diaper. Despite screwing my entire offensive line, my whore wife who hates Miami won’t let me wear a diaper with with her so I’m hoping one of you perverts will be into that with me. I have my own rattle. Hit me up! “

80. Al in MIA says:

Ashley Madison stuff pales in comparison to other US government employee actions in the past….Who’s the guy that flew to Argentina for his lover there? LOL. Or the secret service agents flying to Colombia to bang women there?

Piggy someone said there were a lot of Saban profiles so I thought you reposted it. LOL

82. Al in MIA says:

Seems the injury list keeps piling on for the Skins as backup LB and special teams captain Adam Hayward was confirmed to have suffered an ACL tear this morning. They lost TE niles paul last week to a broken ankle. DC will never be the same after Miami rolls in there in Week 1. I hope the Fins punish them so bad that the Skins don’t recover and go 0-16.

Here is another Saban Profile for Ashley Madison

NickToilet23@AshleyMadison.co

“Will you poop on me. I deserve it. If you want to poop on me I would love to meet you.

– Nick”

And another.

Nickapolean@AshleyMadison.com

“I don’t have a small penis, seriously I don’t. Contact me and I’ll show you.”

85. Jahndoh30 says:

“D says:
    August 21, 2015 at 7:38 am
    Man wtf is up with jahn… Shows up with nothing but positive shit to say, I mean WTF. Maybe there is a chance for the phins this year because he’ll is pretty frosty these days it seems. Lol jkbb Jahn good to see you and grats on the brewery.”
    —–
    Lol @ D. I have to admit, the stresses running a brewery are way different stresses than what I was doing before, but in the end, I get to make beer for a living. I work harder for less money but I am honestly happier.

Thanks to all you guys (I read ya above GDP and Ken!) for your well wishes. I fully intend for you all to get some beer out of this deal. I won’t be able to make a Miami fest this year, but anyone coming to the SD game…I’m buying!

Hopefully I can get the Miami fest back on the schedule maybe next season.

Cheers!

I wonder if there are really dudes named NickPolean and Nick Toilet
    they keep showing up as links….lol

‘I work harder for less money but I am honestly happier.’

REALLY???? you think we are all that dumb. i mean how hard is it to pass your hand over a glass of beer and turn it into 150 kegs.

Jahn

any truth that this will be your logo

tim, you are so right. just one swipe of jahns hand and there are 1000’s of these for each of us

Yeah im not aure about that graph, Alabama should be much lower, you dotn have to go on to Ashley Madison to cheat on your wife with your cousin.

D says:
    August 21, 2015 at 3:25 pm

its alabama, that is the sibling state. it isnt like west virginia

Here is where Suh set up shop. Encouraged both that the place is relatively inexpensive given how much money he has and that he chose Lauderdale over the South Beach thing. Buffet would be proud.

Wow that’s nice. He’s not a South Beach type of guy.

I don’t think the website did a favor to him by posting the exact address, but it let me mapquest it. It’s a very sedate area, even if if super nice, area. My guess is most of his neighbors will be retired business folks.

‘ Encouraged both that the place is relatively inexpensive given how much money he has’

lol yeah. what a cheap bastard.

Stanger, nobody is getting to Suh’s house. LOL

stanger,

he bought a 6 mill 16000 sq foot home. nothing about that is ‘relatively inexpensive’.

I couldn’t pay the property taxes, electric, water, & maintenance on it if he gave it to me.

LOL, or the cleaning products and supplies to keep everything up to par.

Friend: Hey dude, what are you doing this weekend?
        You: Cleaning one room in my house.
        Friend: Oh that blows!
        You: Want to buy it?

Relative was the key word there ffr. Think it went for about the same price as the one Pat Surtain used to live in. Obviously it is a darn nice and expensive house.

It’s not South Beach anymore, it’s Suh Beach!

I just looked it up on google earth and his neighbors need to water their damn lawns! This is one of those older Ft. Lauderdale neighborhoods that have the typical original 1960’s built houses up and down the street. A previous owner must have torn down the old Florida style home and built this one on the lot. The lot is not that big for 6.5M!! (he is on deep water access in the intercoastal and does have a nice dock though) His house is only one house away from two apartment complexes!

Google earth is so cool. I haven’t been to my rental property up in Rockledge in like two years. (no complaints from my renter and the rent has been on time, plus it is a 2.5 hour one way drive) but I looked it up on google earth and saw a trailer parked on the side of the house. (the steet view was updated this year) and the HOA strictly prohibits trailers or commercial vehicles being stored on the property. So I called him up and said “you know you aren’t aloud to have that trailor parked on the side of the house” LOL

He said “oh, I know I’m sorry I only had it there for a few days. I said “really, well I can tell you I know it has been parked there since at least June because it shows up on Google earth and the picture was updated in June. Get it off my property and don’t lie to me when I call you about something.” He was like DOH! Sorry, I’ll get it out of here.

Stanger, Suh’s not a party type guy. He addressed something to that effect at one of the pressers. He’s goal oriented and more of a good student type.

And that is so good to know. All signs are he won’t go Haynesworth on us.

No totally different type of person. Nasty on the field though. I mean if you watch some of his highlights he sometimes just pushes guys down in a violent way. He makes some QBs and RBs look like HS kids when he just shoves them to the ground. LOL

I used to park a big trailer on side of house on weekends and after 4pm weekdays….code enforcement doesn’t work weekends or evenings. Plus you get several warnings before anything happens usually.

Where the hell did you keep it the other times?

When not out using it for work, I’d sometimes park it on the street in front of house, like work was going on, or at a general place down the street for the day.
        Can’t keep a workin man down.

WOw, Dow down -530+ points, a 3.12% drop heading into the weekend.

Yeah — was not a good day. Guessing for a rebound on Monday though.

Yeah, well one of these days, that rebound will not come….the house of cards is about to totally collapse….it’s happening worldwide.

The dow almost always goes down on Fridays (profit taking) but 500+ points is a huge loss!

This may be a silly question, but when there is a “sell off” in the market like today, doesn’t that mean SOMEONE has to be buying? (albeit at a lower price) and if so WHY are people buying if they think the price of a stock will continue to drop?

Absolutely people are still buying, but on a day like today the price keeps dropping until the buyers see the price they want. And no one on a given day knows when the bottom or top is…..otherwise there would be no deals at all.

This shit is like a science, you probably had a bunch of people who accurately predicted this and how far it would drop. Its not like most of them are actually guessing on the low point, they have a good idea within a few points of what bottom is going to be. Also have the fact that once it hits a certain point people gradually start buying so it will likely correct itself as soon as it starts slow its fall.

I actually think the real pros just say….”I know people are going to sell on this or that news so that is what I will do……once the emotion subsides, I’ll buy it back cheaper.” But that is far beyond me. I just buy what I think solid and hope for the long-term.

Because things dont normally stay that way. Its a gamble but your betting that the market turn back to normal and its also the theory that likely isnt going to get much worse, since its already pretty damn bad lol.

getterdone says:
    August 21, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Tyrant!
    He probably only had it there a few days off and on.

Getterdone, Rules are rules man. He knows the rules. They are in his lease along with the rest of the association prohibitions. Your argument is akin to “I only fucked your wife once or twice, what’s the big deal?”

Let’s go Deez Nuts!

Deez Nuts, a meme-turned independent presidential candidate polling at 8 percent in Iowa, aligns most closely with the Libertarian Party and has kind words for Gary Johnson and Bernie Sanders.

Mr. Nuts is actually a 15-year-old Iowan named Brady Olson who filled out an official filing statement and asked a polling firm to include his handle, “Deez Nuts,” in their research. The strength of his candidacy—he’s polling in high single-digits in several states—is a testament to the fact that early polling is meaningless.

Or is it a testament to the popularity of his libertarian-ish positions? He supports the Iran deal, gay marriage, and fiscal restraint, according to Rolling Stone:

If the candidate’s platform — for balanced budgets, against illegal immigration, for gay marriage, against oil subsidies — seems a little thin, well … cut the kid some slack, America.

Rolling Stone also interviewed him:

I’m assuming you take your political name from the Bofa meme?
    Yeah

Is that some kind statement on our two-party political system?
    Half trying to break the two-party system, half frustration with the front-runners

Why did you decide to run for president?
    Because I really didn’t want to see Clinton, Bush, or Trump in the White House, so I guess I’m just trying to put up a fight.

How would you describe your political orientation? have you ever been a registered Democrat or Republican?
    I’m fifteen, so I haven’t been registered yet. I side more with the Libertarian Party. …

If you had to back another presidential candidate, who would it be?
    Either Bernie Sanders(D-VT) or Gary Johnson(L-NM)

How far are you willing to take this practical joke?
    As far as America wants to take it.

A North Carolina poll that pitted Deez Nuts against Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton had the kid pulling in 9 percent of the vote to Trump’s 40 percent and Clinton’s 38 percent, with 12 percent undecided. My sense is that voters still need time to get a feel for Deez Nuts.
    What’s not to like. At 15, I could barely put a sentence together (still debatable).

Personally, I haven’t endorsed “Deez Nuts,” but it’s not out of the question.

D says:
    August 21, 2015 at 7:40 am
    Wasn’t very smart. Now how ya gonna get to the other pages?

The rest of the pages are stuck together…….

LINKEDIN
    GOOGLE+
    PINTEREST
    REDDIT
    ORDER REPRINT OF THIS STORY
    CHARLOTTE, N.C.
    There’s a story floating around Dolphins camp this week only in whispers, perhaps out of deference to their hosts, or perhaps because it’s so hard to believe.

The story goes like this: After one practice against the Dolphins’ fearsome defensive front, Carolina coach Ron Rivera and his staff were forced to call an audible.

The Panthers’ line was overmatched Wednesday, and the pounding made it virtually impossible for the rest of their offense to operate a hurry-up offense.

The story makes sense, based on how the practices went. On Wednesday, the Panthers could do little through the air; a day later, they found gaps in the secondary.

The Dolphins, as an organization, want no part of this story. Dolphins coach Joe Philbin clearly has respect for Rivera, and conversations between the two men will probably stay between them.

A Panthers source, meanwhile, told the Charlotte Observer both defenses throttled down the pass rush in the two-minute drill but added that the change was mutually agreed upon.

Of course, there’s no way either side takes it easy Saturday night. It’ll be full-speed ahead for Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake, Earl Mitchell and Olivier Vernon when the teams cap their week together in preseason game No. 2.

“We were resetting the line of scrimmage in their backfield in a handful of plays,” Suh said Thursday. “I’m excited about it.”

He should be. As should Dolphins front-office executives Mike Tannenbaum and Dennis Hickey.

They have allocated more than a fifth of the Dolphins’ 2015 salary cap (and roughly a third of their 2016) to the defensive line.

That big investment has forced the organization to go cheap and young most everywhere else on the defense, with Brent Grimes, Reshad Jones and Koa Misi the exceptions.

So far, the formula has worked. The first-team defense forced a three-and-out against the Bears last week in its only full series on the field; we’ll likely see more from the starters Saturday.

Expectations for this defense have been high since the first day of spring weight lifting. After this week’s joint practices in Spartanburg, South Carolina, they’re somehow even higher.

“I talk to [the team] about sometimes when you’re at football practice, you should be able to close your eyes and hear a good practice,” Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said. “I thought these couple of days it kind of sounded like football, and when you feel that way about your team, I think it’s a positive sign.”

Physicality will not be a problem. Having that physicality end with the whistle might be.

The Dolphins and Panthers had a vague familiarity of each other when the week began.

When the week ends with Saturday night’s exhibition game, they’ll be like in-laws cramped in the same house for a day too long.

Philbin and Rivera did a good job keeping the peace in Spartanburg, but any lingering hostility from small slights or late hits could bleed into the game.

It will be interesting to see how Michael Oher and Olivier Vernon interact, assuming both play. They traded blows during the lone fight at Wofford on Wednesday; the next day, Vernon sat out most of practice with an unspecified medical issue.

If Vernon is sidelined, he will have plenty of company. Misi hasn’t practiced in weeks with a calf injury. Greg Jennings is iffy with an elbow issue. Brice McCain sat out the end of Thursday’s practice, and it’s unclear why. Branden Albert has made incremental progress from ACL surgery, but his return is at least another week off.

And neither DeVante Parker nor Don Jones, each recently activated from the physically unable to perform list, is ready to return.

Of course, Louis Delmas won’t play; he’s out for the year after tearing his ACL Wednesday. Walt Aikens is expected to start and could potentially win the job going forward if he plays well.

But the top priority for the Dolphins entering the week was to figure out their guard situation. If they haven’t already, they probably will Saturday.

Free agent Evan Mathis is expected to sign with a team any day, so the Dolphins need to make a decision soon: Stick with Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas, or pay Mathis to solidify what most see as the roster’s weakest link.

“I think guys are getting better, I really do,” Philbin said. “Dallas was doing some good things. Billy was doing some good things in the one-on-ones. Sam Brenner did some good things. And again, they didn’t win every single one, but I could see progress with these guys.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article31839450.html#storylink=cpy

Oops. iPhone grabbed the whole thing

August 21, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Relative was the key word there ffr.

aaahhhh no it isnt. it is a 6.5 mil 16000 sq foot mansion. what did you expect him to buy a 65 mill 160,000 sq foot mansion. now if he spent a 750K and a 4 or 5K house that would be relative. i seriously doubt he bought a house way much smaller then anyone in his situation. if he did great, i would say i am wrong. point is he didnt buy a shack

‘And so, the host team (quietly) asked the Dolphins to ramp down the intensity in a two-minute drill Thursday, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.’

lmao, and after the practice the dolphins d line cured cancer, aids and figured out women. there is no limit since they added suh.

August 21, 2015 at 7:58 pm

The Panthers OL was on their heels both days. Just like ours is every day in practice. 🙂

oh yeah, i forgot, along with figuring out women, the dolphins d line also made the oline that has given up 7000 sacks the last 3 seasons all world.

ok umps, i get you are not paid. but when the catcher starts out from not behind home plate before the pitcher starts his windup that is a balk. how about start calling it in the Japanese team. they have been doing it for years.

tim

dont get me wrong, i am sure adding someone like suh makes the d line better but i am not ready like most to go all rex ryan and say the fins are gonna win the sb. there are still 4 or 5 players on the d line that disappeared the last few games last year

I’m not saying that. Just saying that’s what the Panthers OL said and what our team has been saying since the beginning of TC.

These are the players I think are locks to make the team barring any injuries etc. The 2nd preseason game is going to start to determine who the next 14 are. The 3rd game (dress rehearsal) is the core for the most part. The 4th game is the last chance for the bubble guys.

OL Pouncey, Albert, James, Thomas, Turner, Fox and Douglas
    TE Cameron, Sims
    WR Landry, Stills, Jennings, Parker, Matthews
    QB Tannehill, Moore
    RB Miller, Williams, Ajayi

DL Suh, Mitchell, Phillips, Wake, Vernon, Shelby, Fede
    LB Jenkins, Misi, McCain, Sheppard
    DB Grimes, Taylor, Br. McCain, R. Jones, Aikens, Thomas

K Sturgis
    P Fields
    LS Denney

Yeah, if ya like drinking water. I rather drink Jahn’s craft brew. I know it’s got to be more flavorful. But got to admit, very cool bud can….

You drink these cold when you’re having more than 12. You’re not drinking more than 6 of Jahn’s brews without putting on a clown suit. LOL

LOL, I got one helluva tolerance.

But I know what ya mean….during the heat of summer, if I’m outside boating or in a pool, river, ocean, then I just pound something like Bud Lite Lime…..the foo foo drink….lol

Yeah, if ya like drinking water. I rather drink Jahn’s craft brew.

lol @ that. getter, i am sure you didnt mean it as such but saying you would rather drink jahns craft brew then water isnt really a compliment

Tom GarfinkelVerified account
    ‏@TomGarfinkel @ArmandoSalguero sold out today. No more 2015 season tix. Taking deposits for 2016. Single game tickets still available for 2015 games.

GD, exactly! There are beers/ales I’m not sure if you have it down by you from the Brooklyn Brewery? They are all potent and after 6 I’m wondering what’s next? LOL

August 21, 2015 at 8:28 pm

ok first never said you are saying that. didnt mean it that way. and second, i seriously doubt the panthers ol said that. they are professionals. hell even amateurs wouldn’t admit to that. i get the fins may have the best dl in the game, but doesnt mean they are just unstoppable now. Detroit wasnt. i looked it up a bit ago and suh and the loins had a losing record. i just am not buying into the hype. but in all fairness i wouldnt either if good ole roger was having parties with ross. i will just wait and see.

No reporters heard the Panthers OL saying shit that to the Dolphins OL after the joint practice day one. It’s not just Suh. We’re loaded on the DL and with young talent waiting in the wings. We’re good, bro, we’re good on the DL. 🙂

i get the fins may have the best dl in the game,

meant he best dl linemen in the game, not the best dl.

I see Home is in town working to get money for the Phins exhibition game.

Sorry Rock but the Mets just unloaded on the Rockies in the 2nd inning with Cespedes hitting a grand slam. 7-1 Mets. 🙂

Alright 7-4 after 3 innings in Colorado. This could be one of those barn burners. LOL

8-8 in Colorado. Here we go! Yikes!

Sorry Cespedes hit his 3rd HR of the game Mets 10-8. Grand Slam, HR2, HR1. 7 RBI, 4R and 4-4. 🙂

14h14 hours ago
    Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero
    Ryan Tannehill so far this preseason: 18 of 22 for 158 yards and 2 TDs. No Interceptions. QB rating of 126.9.

He’s ready …

One of the positives we can take from the preseason so fat so far