Game Wrap Up with the Little Prawn

Dolphins@PanthersLogo

Saturday Night the Dolphins played the Carolina Panthers and fell to 0-2 in Preseason.   The Little Prawn has some thoughts on the game he wants to share with you.

RTannySramble

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

I am sure what Prawny intends to point out to you is that here Ryan Tannehill runs for an 11 yard gain on a designed run.  Look at the look of determination on his face.  Ryan Tannehill continued his impressive preseason.  Tanny went 12-15 for 102 yards and a TD.

during their preseason NFL game at Bank of America Stadium on August 22, 2015 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

I’m sure if you were able to hear Prawny he would be informing you that Jarvis Landry had 4 catches for 20 yards.  Here he escapes the tackle of one of the NFL’s leading tacklers in Luke Kuechly.  The linebacker managed to hold on but Landry fights for every yard even in the preseason!

DWilliamsTD dance

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

Um…I think Prawny is pointing out some of the unusual tackling technique by the Panthers that helped Damien Williams become the star of the night.  Williams had 2, almost 3 TDs in the air and on the ground.  Williams looks like our #2 RB so far.  He is not going to take that job from Lamar Miller, who looked good last night too.  He notably caught a 36 yard pass making Panther defenders look silly on the run after the catch.

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

Yep, you heard that squeak right…almost 3 touchdowns.  Philbin thought Williams had a 3rd TD to give the Dolphins a 21-0 lead.  Here Prawny is clearly questioning what Philbin was thinking when he challenged a call.  Ultimately the Dolphins did not lose a timeout on the challenge because we won the challenge…um…sort of…

The officials marked Williams out just before he crossed the goal line on first down.  Philbin thought he crossed the goal line and threw the red flag.  On the review, the officials found that Williams lost control of the ball before crossing the goal line and therefore instead of having the ball on 2nd and inches at the goal line, the play was ruled a touchback.  Oops.

CHARLOTTE, NC - AUGUST 22: Ndamukong Suh #93 of the Miami Dolphins warms up during their preseason NFL game against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium on August 22, 2015 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images)

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

Here, the Little Prawn demonstrates where Cam Newton’s liver will go.  The defense looks pretty amazing early in the games this preseason.  3 and out seems to be happening a lot.

CNewton

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

It wasn’t easy for Cam Newton.  The Panthers gained 8 total yards in the 1st quarter.  8 Yards!!!  Here Prawny is pointing to the defensive back who is about to intercept this pass.

JTaylorInt

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

And there it is!  Jamar Taylor with the interception and return.  It was the first interception of his career, preseason or regular season.  I thought he took it back for a TD but he stepped out at the three yard line.  Taylor would get hurt later in the game, which is worrisome for the Dolphins after the Delmas injury.  But reports are its a quad injury (as indicated by the shellfish) and not serious.  We will know more today on his status.

The Carolina Panthers' Brandon Wegher (32) scores a touchdown past the Miami Dolphins defense in the third quarter of preseason action at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C., on Saturday, Aug. 22, 2015. The Panthers won, 31-30. (David T. Foster III/Charlotte Observer/TNS)

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

I totally agree with Prawny.  The rest of the game didn’t matter.  But don’t tell that to jaded Dolfans who are upset at what happened in the second half of the game between a lot of guys that won’t make either roster.

Yep Prawny I agree, that is a heck of a spike.  Should look great in the Arena League!

The Miami Dolphins' Matt Hazel (83) scores a touchdown past the Carolina Panthers' Adarius Glanton (57) in the second half of preseason action at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C., on Saturday, Aug. 22, 2015. The Panthers won, 31-30. (David T. Foster III/Charlotte Observer/TNS)

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

Prawny wants to remind you that the second half of a preseason game is a good chance to look at guys who might be on the bubble and not really much of an indicator of depth, which seems to be the talk of fans on twitter.  If we keep 6 wide receivers, will we keep Matt Hazel?  Prawny says remember his number!

RobinsonTD

The Little Prawn makes a barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear.

And how bout this guy: something something Robinson, a tight end.  Okay, I will tell you his name – Gerell.  He played for the Browns in one game last year and was targeted once.  But on this play he helped Josh Freeman look a little better than August dog poop on the street by breaking a tackle and crossing the pile on!

You can see the box score here

Aside | This entry was posted in Game Wrap Up. Bookmark the permalink.

216 Responses to Game Wrap Up with the Little Prawn

1. Try Pod says:

Numero uno. I am still trying to understand how prawn makes a “barely audible squeaking sound that no one can hear”. Either it is audible or it is not.

2. ocalahowie says:

Oh Good
    The game will be on WRDQ again…
    Its been a long time that I’ve actually got to see all the pre-season games.
    Game 4 I’m not that worried about though

Nice job Piggy! Hopefully the Taylor injury is very minor, and is one in which he could have played through if this were a regular season game. We need a CB to step up, and he’s the one we need to.

4. ukfinfan says:

Thanks for the summary diminutive crustacean.
    I had caught up on Sunday with the scores via a recording of redzone, which seems to be free on Sky this year for preseason and twitter, but your reports are always more entertaining!
    Happy belated Birthday MikeE

5. jetsssuck says:

happy belated bday mike e.Got to watch replay of my taped game. Boy is the defensive schemes going to change this season. Saw 2 new wrinkles added for DL/LB due to adding Suh. Most interesting one was where the DE/NTon both sides were lined up almost on the inside outside shoulders of the OL tackle. This presnap formation made the guards help the tackles leaving the MLB alone to choose what side he wanted to attack because only the center had him. Middle Linebacker blitz formation?

6. jetsssuck says:

hurricane Andrew 23 yrs ago today

The markets are opening with another big scare after the slide on Fri.

8. jetsssuck says:

here’s a good article that explains what is happening in China and how it is affecting everyone else.

China is a managed market rigged much like the US.

• jetsssuck says:

i’m not sure I understand what u mean by managed market and rigged in US. China bought stocks to prop up the fall of its market,devalued its currency recently and now they are expanding pension fund stocks to choose from( what bush wanted to do with ss). US doesn’t interfer with markets unless its to big to fail like AIG..

Former Lions OG Rob Sims announced his retirement from football.
    Only 31 years old, Sims received an offer from Lions GM Martin Mayhew early in the offseason, but opted to hang ’em up instead. A fourth-round pick out of Ohio State in 2006, Sims went on to make 114 starts, opening his career with the Seahawks and finishing it in Detroit. Sims was an above-average starter at left guard for the Lions from 2010-2013, before tailing off in 2014.
    _________________________________
    FYI – Mathis is a full 2 years older. Sims was doing ok @ LG & played in all 16 games last season. Too bad we didn’t lure him at a cheaper price.

nice job piggy. good stuff!

Good stuff, Piggy!

holly shit the market is dropping big time. Those damn chinese 🙂

I’m glad while Pig was swilling it up in Fire Island that he had the Little Prawn at at the game. He’s one smart crustacean. 🙂

Regarding the game
    I thought the Panthers really hurt themselves early

There was a defensive holding call on 4th down
    and a couple encroachment calls
    and their receivers had some drops

The Dolphins on the other hand seemed pretty disciplined early
    Its nice not to be the team pulling out your hair and dumb mistakes

Its only preseason, but right now the Dolphins seem to have real focus
    I don’t think anyone is really talking about

but play to play execution really affects the game

After this weekend I think I’m going to keep 6 wrs and only 2 TEs.
    FYI this will be locked right after the game saturday so if you want to participate please do so before then. thanks

Those illegal links we post suck BTW

I was able to watch the game
    but I have to clean up the viruses from my computer after I come out of full screen

I’m sure the NFL is battling with the illegal providers by having these viruses on their sites
    I would have paid $20 for the preseason package NFL.
    You messed that up yourself.

Ocean Beach Stanger

That is the straight part…lol
    the other side is the gay part

Its a nice place
    good beach
    little town center with restaraunts and bars
    no cars on the island

I like it there
    I’m going on Saturday Labor Day weekend
    and this time I’m spending the night there so I can relax and not worry about driving home

Don’t think I’ve been to that part, but was struck how each ferry port has its own character (especially after I had dinner in the rainbow section one night).

Was in Cherry Grove one time and then at another one I can’t recall…..they made a huge thing about gathering on the inland dock to watch the sunset each night but that might happen in a lot of them. Right with you on the no cars part. Makes for a good weekend.

Happy Birthday to Mike E! Hope you had a great one.

I had the game on but it was hard to focus on as we were having a party for my wife. The entire first half looked pretty good the best I could tell.

Great job Piggy and Herd for keeping new posts up, I’ll be able top contribute this week, thanks for having my back last week.

I forgot to say
    Happy belated Birthday Mike E

Oh — and Pig…..

2nd time I went was guest of some some pure NYCers…..so no car. But they had a Black Lab mix that they loved and wanted to bring to their Fire Island place when they went, but no dogs allowed on the train.

He bought the darkest glassed he could find and a harness for the pooch with a handle and every time on the train out and back pretended he was blind. He never got caught and the city dog got to happily swim in the ocean.

they are really loose about service dog restrictions these days (as is everyone)
      You don;t have to pretend you are blind anymore…lol

I saw a couple of dogs at fire island this weekend, but they were pretty small, not labradors

Yeah this was back in the old days…….probably like 17 years ago. Now it seems pop a vest that says “emotional support dog” on your pitbull and you’re good to go.

LMAO

New Poll up

I don’t care about pre-season wins. It seems to me that the teams who win a lot in the preseason are often times the teams that suck during the regular season. As long as the first units continue to look this good I could care less about the final score of these games.

the only reason a team tries to win is to gain confidence
      which usually means they need it
      which usually means they suck

I was a little surprised when the Panthers went for a 2 point conversion to tie the game
      and I was so happy when the Dolphins went for 2 points int he final plays – no matter what the result

If they cancelled the rest of preseason, I would not shed a tear, especially after the Jordy Nelson injury

Just like to point out that in the Quarter and a half od play for the 1’s we have scored 14 points and given up 0. Our backups may have a little work to do but im feeling pretty solid about our 1’s at this point.

Yup, they just need to continue playing solid ball. It should be a lot of fun to watch once actual game planning starts.

I think we have scored 21…no?
      Wasn’t the 2nd TD Saturday our first team offense? Tanny threw that pass

Lamar Miller seems like the first guy they take out
    which I kinda appreciate – bc why not in the preseason and I want him to be fresh in week 1

but I wonder if that means he is going to get between 10-15 carries in the reg season rather than closer to 20

The 1st string offense has scored 3 TDs out of 4 possessions.

The NFL active roster only allows 46 players to be dressed

I keep hearing people on twitter talk about our depth
    and I don;t get it
    Its not like its Hockey with 1st and 2nd lines

We are not subbing in 1st and 2nd team offenses in the reg season
    the guys playing the 2nd half will not ever be on the filed at the same time together

between special teams and rotations in the DL the guys filling out the last 10 spots on the active roster are going to be young guys like Lippet, Bobby McCain and Thompson

maybe an injury forces our hand to have those guys contribute a little more

but for the most part the point in playing young guys in the preseason is just to give them some experience

I’m not viewing that as depth
    we are playing our depth early. Guys like D Willaims, R Matthews, Bryce McCain and Shelby have been playing pretty early and none of them will be starting

SunSentinel Dolphins @SSMiamiDolphins
    Tannenbaum on Tannehill: ‘He’s a better athlete than people realize’ http://fw.to/GrmzjqE

Our backups are all 1st and second year players, they should look like they are still learning, because, well they are. The vets we have as depth at positions have generally looked pretty decent. Bowman, Paysinger, Sheppard (who currenyl is counted as one of the 1’s) those guys seem pretty solid to me and the rest will get better with reps. I expect to see Lippett really jump sometime during the season if he gets some rotational reps in. By next year i think he is going to challenge for starting spot. The three young LB’ers, specifically Vigil look pretty solid too and with experience may well make the leap next year. We have a really exciting group with guys who are coming up behind them.

Sorry shouldnt have been all, should have been mostly 1st and 2nd year.

Agreed, I was saying samething a few days ago. Also wait till we get Tripp back, and Parker.

Vigil is the one young guy that has really stood out
      I can see him being on the active on the active roster and playing ST

I guess McCain, Lippett and Thompson might do that as well

We had Don Jones and guys like that contribute that way as rookies

I think the point I was making is there is this dialogue on twitter and in the media about lack of depth on the Dolphins and I just think people are missing the point of the preseason
      Active NFL rosters just aren’t very big when it comes down to it

I’m thinking our depth is just about right I don’t think its lacking

Only person that is concerning me at this point may be Davis because i expected him to really push for a starting spot in the nickle or possibly even outside where Taylor is, but he doesnt really seems to be as sharp as i kinda thought he would. Its not a big concern its just i felt this year would be a big move up for him. Rest of them are meeting my expectations (even if they are kinda low at low at this point) or are exceeding them. Vigil has looked pretty damn good.

Fede is making a BIG leap forward.

Derrick Anderson was targeting him on saturday
      Boykin made a lot of catches in a short amount of time

but when that was happening Davis was playing on the outside and not in his normal nickel slot

I don;t think he was getting beaten badly per se – I think Boykin and anderson are comfortable together. You would not think there were any other receivers on the filed if you watch that series again

Remember Davis is coming off of a knee injury.

Holy Yit — a couple days ago it came out that Borland was freaked out about an ex-player was telling rooks to “have a fall guy.” Turns out the ex-player was not only wearing a HOF jacket while he said it but that he was also an ex-Phin. And he ain’t subtle (only need to watch the first minute or so of the vid).

Chris Carter & Warren Sapp, pathetic thug advice mentality.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 32s33 seconds ago
    Bears DL Jeremiah Ratliff has been suspended the first three games for violating Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

August 24, 2015 at 12:18 pm (Edit)
    Oh he knows he made a mistake. He tweeted that it was bad advice……after he was identified as the person who said it (over and over I’ll add). Guess he didn’t have a fall guy for what he did when caught on video.
    ************

yeah its bad advice to set up one of your friends to take the blame so that you can break the rules without consequence

Holy shit what a sleazy thing to say

I mean
    these guys are not going to hesitate to criticize Josh Gordon or Johnny Manziel

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 3h3 hours ago
    Last year @MDC__Monica was announced Miss May of our 2015 Swim calendar. Find out tomorrow who Miss May 2016 will be!

Brian

Michael Irvin was probably busy that week on a cocaine binge
    so he had a valid excuse…lol

well it certainly looks like brady took carters advice

i dont remember rogers ever complaining before. even if i agree with him, i would like them to just have 2 preseason games and 18 reg season games. but he should have spoken up before.

• Brian in NY says:

This was week 2 so he would have been injured anyway! I think the 18 game season will lead to a hell of lot more injuries.

Tom Brady’s “Carter Fall Guy” is Roger Goodell right?

Piggy,
    It’s mid boggling to me that some of these guys have jobs in broadcasting after their checkered pasts. Wasn’t he found in a hotel room with underage girls on a weekend binge?

It’s a good thing that Cris Carter is an advisor for some of the young players in the league. I’m sure he’s teaching them a lot. SMH

‘I think the 18 game season will lead to a hell of lot more injuries.’

lol, brian. i think you got me wrong. i wasnt saying it to reduce injuries, i was saying it to have more meaningful football games. injuries are just a part of the game. there is no way of controlling them. i dont even think nelson was hit. and the Benjamin was during practice. so it had nothing to do with the preseason

• Brian in NY says:

Nelson just spun to avoid a defender- he didn’t even get hit. The problem I see with the two extra regular season games is it’s going to be the starting players logging most of the time vs. the backups and 3rd team the preseason. I’m all for eliminating a preseason game or two, but I don’t think an 18 game season is beneficial for the players- only the NFL.

I think the connection between and 18 game season and shortening the preseason is based on the last time the CBA was negotiated

from what I remember the NFLPA wanted to reduce the preseason
    the NFL countered with okay and an 19 game reg season
    and the NFLPA was like “no thanks”
    and then there were no changes to either

But I just say cancel 2 games
    the injuries are getting outrageous

Damn, Cris Carter should be ashamed of himself. I mean this is the shit your teaching these guys as a HOF’er showing them how to handle themselves in the NFL. How about dont act like a thug, be a pro, and you dont need a fall guy Chris…. seriously!?!

• Brian in NY says:

Yeah, he preaches this shit about Gordon, Smith, Manziel, etc., and then tells rookies if you are going to do something illegal, make sure one of your entourage that is leeching off of you will take the fall for you.

Really the way most teams are handling TC works. I mean oyu need those warm up weeks, you need the real game time enviornment, you need an opponent thats not your guys. You play the starters a limited amount, you get your rooks and depth players good exposure and development time and then done. 18 game regular season is asking for your starters to be at more risk. Jordy Nelson could just as easily gotten hurt in the regular season opener, Delmas could have just as easily got hurt in the regulars season weekly 11 on 11’s. It is what it is and no changing of regular season games vs preseason games will make any difference.

I heard John Mara recently and he doesn’t believe an 18 game schedule is in the near future.

• Brian in NY says:

What the fuck does he know?!!

Im inking once they start getting more and more London games and start rolling with the games they plan on having in Mexico they might extend the format just to get more slots to have games in other countries. I hear in just a few years they expect to have 6 games in England and 6 in Mexico. They almost will have to have more game just so cities will still get a chance to see their teams in their stadiums lol.

I like the preseason football, but then again im one of those scoting type people i like to watch the backups play, i like to scout who may be in our future and who may not, but on top of that i think preseason leads to more meaningful regular season games just because they tune the team up, they get them back in the swing of things, and i think 4 weeks of it is a good sample size to do that, if anything maybe they should cut that 4th game out because most people generally dont play their starters anyways, but again its also the last game before the final 53 gets set, so its that last chance for those in close races to prove why they should be in and the other guy out. Its definitely good for them to have that 4th game.

You can’t prevent injuries it’s part of the game. Guys go down in practice too. It happens every year and it’s unfortunate especially when it happens to good players, but there is nothing you can do about it. It could happen to a guy on the first play of a RS game.

The Patriots just signed Reggie Wayne

I didn;t even know he was a free agent

‘I don’t think an 18 game season is beneficial for the players- only the NFL.’

brian, once again. i said i want it for personal reasons. more football. i dont care what is beneficial for the players, i said it for more football.

August 24, 2015 at 1:59 pm

The Patriots just signed Reggie Wayne

he was on espn and said. “i had planned on retiring due to my age and hands, but I figured at my age I can still catch a few balls as long as they are nice and soft”

Maybe they should create a minor legues of football. Could run the seasons offset from one another, get more games and evaluate the backups in a season competing agaisnt other minor league teams. Franchises could then have 106 active players, trades between the mnor league teams could happen, all UDFA’s could process through the minors. Tehy could bring up 37 from the minor league team to compete for the 53, and then either cut them or send them back down. I think that would really add a dynamic to the NFL.

Brian in NY says:
    August 24, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Well aren’t you a selfish SOB!

yes. i agree, my mom is a bitch, oh wait yeah and i am selfish too.

It is 3rd and two and the Dolphins’ offense has just entered Carolina territory on the team’s opening drive. Pressure comes off of the left side, blowing Jason Fox back into quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who is forced to evade. Before he is dragged down in a heap of jerseys, he flicks the ball to Lamar Miller, who manages to make Roman Harper miss for a 35-yard gain. This is exactly what the Miami Dolphins’ offense needs from Ryan Tannehill in 2015: command.

“This is the play Miller had the big catch and run, there really was no pressure, RT felt it come from the left as our LT was getting blown up, so he stepped forward and threw a strike, but check out Dallas Thomas he knocks the guy on his ass.”

steve, we know this is impossible. randy has made it clear tanny cant move in the pocket

FFR, Newark is not really representative of NJ. It’s got a massive airport, it has a lot of bad neighborhoods in it, it’s an industrial city, it’s dirty in many areas and you can get stuck in traffic there pretty regularly. Most people in NJ don’t say hey let’s go hang out in Newark unless they’re going to the Ironbound section for Portuguese food.

• Brian in NY says:

Well, the same can be said for all of the cities on that list and their respective states!

True I just know Newark better. AC is also a shit hole with bad neighborhoods and gamblers so go figure. LOL

61. Al in MIA says:

D,
    Agree 100% on a minor league system. Preseason is what it is, training ground for all sorts of things including roster depth decisions. I disagree that reducing preseason games will do anything significant to reduce injuries, especially for those that come off non-contract. All you will see is a shift of injuries from Preseason games to regular season week 1-3 games as players are limited by the CBA regarding practice frequency and quality of it (limited contact sessions defined by CBA).
    The NFL is the only major sport now in the US that does not have a true direct minor league system (in control of a parent club directly). NBA franchises have a direct farm system after it picked up where the Continental Basketball League failed (folded more like it). The NFL should quit messing around with things like European league and just embrace some sort of alternate method like the Arena League. The one plus about the arena league, rules aside, is the resources required (less players and less playing on floor at same time). The rules of the arena league seemed to have worked for a few NFL players so the difference in rules shouldn’t be that big of a deal. Either way, the league should construct some sort of system on its own that its member clubs have direct ties to (can call up or call down players but most importantly develop players so they don’t have to wait another year to give them playing time).

62. Al in MIA says:

Can’t find the article but I once read a good one written in the Wall Street Journal that described the difference someone experiences in the state via a drive up and down the Garden State Parkway vs the Turnpike (I-95).

tim,

its ok, you dont have to explain it to me. i get all you fuckers are some grumpy a-holes. i get you all are stuck being mets fans

64. drg says:

Were there different angles shown on that TD/touchback review in the game? The NFL replay only showed 2 and both looked too close to call it a fumble. That would have really sucked if it mattered.

Tannehill seems to be throwing the ball harder than I’ve ever seen. His accuracy has really improved over the years. Definitely a concern that he didn’t get much time when they ran play action or took 5/7 step drops. Give him time and a clean pocket and there will be some big plays. We need that too. Can’t rely on 15 play drives all year.

If they can’t stop you from throwing short just keep doing it. It’s ball control at it’s finest, with less risk, keeps the opposing D on the field longer, and your D fresher. That’s why the cheats are so successful.

65. Al in MIA says:

steveccnv,
    Nice article but that play is just a typical one in the NFL. Nothing comes perfect (except for cheaters LOL), but the pocket wasn’t exactly great. There’s a few things going on there but at the apex of Tannehill’s drop, the LT is collapsing but is saved by Dallas Thomas (LG on the play) who was playing zone the correct way. He started inside to double team the DT but Pouncey locked in to seal him up, Dallas did the proper thing and looked left for pressure and saw Fox collapsing. Thomas’s speed for once was on display as he got over just at the right time to knock the DE on his ass and stop Fox from completely falling into Tannhill’s backdrop location. However, Billy TUrner (RG on the play had allowed his man to drive him back to the left of Tannehill and in his line of vision downfield. With the DE getting in deep and nearly getting to Tannehill, he went to slide step to his right but saw Turner too close in front of him and at that point he was thinking (TIME TO BAIL) but in the context of what Mike Sherman wanted him to do all his time with him (stand firm in the pocket to throw and not run), Ryan looked at his safety valve who was open and he got rid of it rather than risk evading people that deep in the pocket.
    Turner didn’t really knock his man down Tim, the guy tripped on Mike Pouncey’s foot while trying to prepare for RT attempting a run out of the pocket.

I saw Turner shove him and the guy went down. I didn’t really study it that closely.

Fox made a mistake by getting caught too upright. He lost leverage on that play.

66. Al in MIA says:

drg,
    RT’s accuracy is up but the increase in his completion % in conjuction with a reduction in yards per completion (his Y/C has been decreasing yearly) indicates shorter throws being attempted/completed. Not necessarily a bad thing as his Y/C is still better than Brady’s was at similar point in career as a starter. Luck’s Y/C went down from YR 1 to YR 2 almost 2 yards but spiked back up last season. Matt Ryan had a YR/YR decline in Y/C from YR1 to YR3. Better WR mix & Better OL action will probably get RT’s Y/C up to career numbers :). I want to see 12.0 or something close to it :).

67. Al in MIA says:

lol @ idiots on the turnpike.
    Remember that time when the governers vehicle flipped (Corzine) and they came out and blamed some phantom driver as the source of accident (called it a cut off; driven off the road). Turned out that the driver was just an idiot and crashed after losing control on his own at a high rate of speed.

68. Al in MIA says:

Either way, the horrible oline not looking horrible to the dismay of the fear monging writers on twitter who need to find other tabloid material to write lol.

69. Al in MIA says:

August 24, 2015 at 3:28 pm

———-
    Don’t forget good ole Camden, worst city in America it was once proclaimed by US news …LOL.
    Also, funny story about Newark. I used to work in Berkley Heights and the guys coming from Kearny/Harrison to the office park once had a discussion on how long it takes them to get to work. This one guy goes, “it only takes me 20 minutes” while the other dude goes “wtf, it takes me 45 minutes”. The first guy tells him he cuts through Irvington and the 2nd guy goes “fuck that” LOL.

LOL

Camden is a really bad burnt out old city that I’ve heard they’re trying to rebuild but that’s a city you drive around not through. And yeah cutting through Irvington everyday is not the best idea. I fucked up driving home from Newark for jury duty a couple of years ago and ended up in Irvington and I was like fuck me! I jumped on the GSP the opposite way just to get out of there. LOL

• Brian in NY says:

Camden is awful

Ex-Giants and Falcons DE Osi Umenyiora is retiring after 11 seasons.
    Umenyiora will retire as a Giant on Wednesday afternoon. New York is where Umenyiora made his reputation, racking up 75 sacks in 129 games across nine seasons. He was a part of two Super Bowl winners, and a first-team All Pro in 2005. Umenyiora made two Pro Bowls. Including his time in Atlanta, he retires the owner of 85 sacks. Umenyiora turns 34 in November.

What?
    Sounds like a dream on Wiki

“Three of Camden’s mayors have been jailed for corruption, the most recent being Milton Milan in 2000.[26] From 2005 to 2012, the school system and police department were operated by the state of New Jersey.

Camden public schools spent $23,770 per student ($19,118 on a budgetary per-pupil basis) in the 2009–10 school year[27] In 2012, the city’s graduation rate fell to 49%, well below the state average of 86%,[28] and the national average of 93%.[29] In 2012, 3 out of 882 SAT test-takers were scored “college-ready”, defined as a combined score of 1550 or higher on the three sections of the test, a standard met by 43% of students taking the exam nationwide.[30] Among residents, 40% are below the national poverty line.[31]

Camden had the highest crime rate in the United States in 2012, with 2,566 violent crimes for every 100,000 people,[32] which is 6.6 times higher than the national average of 387 violent crimes per 100,000 citizens”

GD, I don’t remember us going after Osi, what year would that have been?

DJI ends down -588 pts…..that was like Miami’s run defense last year.
    Seriously, this slide could continue….the calm before the big storm.

tim,

i just found it funny that the majority of the cities on that list were in the northeast. whereas on this one the majority are southern cities

Piggy, Camden has so many burnt out and abandoned buildings it doesn’t matter if there is stuff in the street because nobody drives through some of these areas unless you’re in a tank. LOL

I wonder if Miami decides to keep Jordan to try another round of sell him to Quakers… in hopes thsat they can salavage anything by trading him to the Eagles. Only reason i can see to not just cut him outright right now is that they plan on somehow tryin to get something for him.

Ya think that would be the only reason? lol
      At this point we’d be lucky to get a 6th or 7th round pick.

• Brian in NY says:

I would say just hang onto him at this point, just don’t count on him in our plans for next season. If he blossoms it will be a nice surprise. There is also a part of me that just says cut him, as he has had enough chances already. We’d be lucky to get a 7th for him at this point.

Oh i agree we wont get much for him but he’s kinda dead weight. I think Kelley would probably trade him for a player he has no use for or at least take Jordan and a lower pick for one of his guys like Kendricks, or Jones….someone he isnt counting on for his defense anyways,. To be honest id be ok with trading him stright up for Brad Jones right now as Jones at least has some potential to contribute, im over Jordan who i fear is our version of Gordon/Blackmon.

• Brian in NY says:

I agree. I’d trade him for a shit sandwich now if we could.

I think the only thing we could get for Jordan would be a conditional pick based on performance. If he fails a drug test again or doesn’t make the new team we get nothing.

August 24, 2015 at 4:24 pm
    The South has always been known to be more friendly. There are a lot of shitty people up this way. I drive and walk amongst them every day. LOL
    There are a lot of shitty people in the South as well, they’re just nicer about it.

I think it would be wise to try to draft another pass rusher in 2016
    As for Jordan, I see no reason why he can’t be in TC next season
    and he is still on a rookie contract so he will be cheap
    but I would not hesitate to cut him if guys are ahead of them (which they should be) and that is that
    at this point, his potential is seriously devalued

But you never know – he might b the kind of dick who only plays hard int he last year of his contract….lol

• Brian in NY says:

You mean he might be the kind of dick who doesn’t get suspended in the last year of his contract?

For me it really depends on if we keep Wake or Vernon, but unless they get Wake to restructure, i see zero chance of keeping both. Versnon is a very solid DE and for most system would present an upgrade to what they have. I think he will get paid pretty well in FA. If it goes down that we lose Wake for whatever reason, resign Vernon i want us to make a big splash at DE in draft, trade up even, take a beast of a guy, like Nkemdiche, if its Vernon, maybe more of a day 2 guy with a lot of upside like Lawson, who Piggy mentioned the other day. I have 0 desire to keep putting our expectations on Jordan, and even if we keep him, should basically predict he will be a backup player at best. No need to have another year of “oh maybe this is his year”. I protected him too long, he’s a fuck up.

Jordan isn’t cheap, his cap hit is like $5 mil, but we could get some relief, because he’s broken his contract with the off the field stuff.

Poor kid can’t catch a break….damn, I feel for him.

Jaguars placed WR Arrelious Benn on injured reserve with a broken collarbone, ending his season.
    It’s a disappointing end of an otherwise impressive camp for Benn, a former second-round pick who was trying to revive his career with Jacksonville. Benn should eventually be released with an injury settlement

Patriots placed WR Brandon Gibson (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.
    The injury must have been suffered in New England’s second preseason game. Gibson was by most accounts having a solid camp, but also has a history of knee injuries. This in part necessitated the Patriots’ signing of Reggie Wayne.

I was just thinking about how many bad cities NJ has for a small state. Camden, Trenton, Atlantic City, Newark and surrounding towns around Newark. That’s not even all of them. There are pockets of crime neighborhoods in a lot of towns. It’s pretty fucked up.

I would rather the cheats have Reggie Wayne than Gibson. Wayne will contribute a little and look like his old self at times, but he isn’t going to make a difference for them with 30-40 catches at most and of the short range variety, sure he’ll get a big catch every once in a while, but if not him someone else would. Gibson at his best could give them 50-70 catches.

Brian, is David Wright in the lineup tonight?

I’m sure they signed wayne just to piss off the Colts

“Dolphins WR DeVante Parker a first-round thumbs down so far” – Walker ESPN.
    ————————————–
    Scarmbling to find stories to make fans worry….fuck you Walker you no account hack who the closest thing to football you have ever been was being stuff in a locker by the football player.

Parker was impressive in OTAs and we fans all knew he’d be out for awhile and most of the PS if not all. This wasn’t even worth putting out there. LOL

“Could Dolphins’ receiver Rishard Matthews be trade bait?” — Walker ESPN
    ——————————-
    in this one he seems to think we could “help the packers out” by trading one of our receivers to them. If i felt 100% that Hazel was at least equal with Matthews, maybe this makes sense, but right now we have a pretty good mix of receivers and fucking with that for a pick in next years draft. Also if you get down to it we wont get much for Matthews, so its really fucking with our receiving groups continuity for very little in return.

I’d be asking for a second rounder if one of these teams wants Matthews. He come in as a starter for any of them so inflate his price. If they don’t bite that’s fine because he’ll be fine right here where he belongs.

Almost done with the freaking car saga. I can’t wait to get this over with. I despise shopping for used cars. It’s the worst.

David Wright is indeed in the lineup tonight, playing 3B.

Mike, Did you say it was a Mazda 3? I just recently got twice the car a “6” and we love it. Zoom Zoom!

That’s cool. Nice car the Mazda 6. Yeah, we’re looking at two of them, one in north Jersey, and the other in Hempstead LI. I’d prefer to buy in Jersey obviously, less hassle with the plates and DMV and such.

LOL @ Piggy

It’s unbelievable. The car we test drove today was in very good condition on the outside, no dents, just s few dings and scratches, the inside was immaculate. On the way back to the dealer, it starts making this noise akin to when trucks brake, a very loud, deep screechy sound. We need the car by Wednesday. The other dealer had to order parts to fix the A/C and the rear window. I wonder which one will get it doe first, or if neither of them do. I think that’s totally possible.

Patriots waived/injured WR Brian Tyms.
    Tyms hurt his foot in practice last week and will head to injured reserve, assuming he clears waivers. It’s been all downhill for the 26-year-old since his electric preseason last year.

Mike, take the vin# and Google it, you may be surprised what you find.

I did that after I bought my car, when my 13 yr old son (at the time) said this car looks like a rental car. Sure enough after putting in the vin# it came back to a rental car compay in Oklahoma. I was pissed, so I call them back and the salesman says bring it back in and look for another car and we’ll give you a deal. Yeah, the deal was the car I was giving back was going to be highly discounted as a trade in and then I’d buy another piece of shit car from them at regular price.

Practice resumes tomorrow and we’ll get some injury updates.

If Fox is going to be down a week with a concussion, then I want Philbin to be smart and just sit Tanny, Miller, Landry, etc.

Steve

I have the carfax report. It’s clean, it was a 1 owner car, not a rental.

Tim Knight
    4 hours ago

yep, you are right. only in the south can we tell you to go fuck yourself in a friendly way

getterdone says:
    August 24, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Practice resumes tomorrow and we’ll get some injury updates.

i agree, that would be smart. not how you start the season but how you finish. i dont care if they start out hot, they need to finish the season this year.

Eagles signed ILB Mychal Kendricks to a four-year, $29 million contract extension through 2019.
    It includes $16 million guaranteed. From being the center of trade chatter during the spring to signing a long-term deal, Kendricks will be in Philadelphia the next five seasons. He’s one of the few survivors of the Andy Reid era.
    _____________________________
    Kills me that I think a year or two ago we could’ve traded Dion Jordan for Mychal Kendricks….SMH

I think it was this year before he got suspended.

The Mets were down 7-2 and now lead 9-7 after hitting their 6th HR of the night. Yeah baby!

Tampa is whooping on the Bengals.

The longer extra point sucks, it doesn’t make the game any better. I just shoved the ball down your face and scored but now its my side that gets pushed back, why?. Just leave it alone.

If anything it should be an automatic point without a kick but you can forfeit the point and still go for 2. But just leave it the hell alone and stop trying to make idiotic changes for the sake of making changes.

Bengals OL coach Paul Alexander said second-round T/G Jake Fisher is “falling behind.”
    Fisher was hurt before the Bengals’ first preseason game and remains sidelined with an undisclosed ailment. He earned praise in the spring for his ability to handle backup left-tackle duties, and Fisher was supposed to start learning guard this week. He’ll miss Monday night’s second preseason game.
    _________________________________

….and we thought we had problems bringing our young OL along. 😐

I’m going back and eyeballing the line play in detail. Gonna break down the first team by series.

First series everyone looked superb with exception of Fox on one play where he got walked back into Tanny. Sims allowed the strip sack but I agree with FFR, that’s really on Tanny. He had tons of space to step up and didn’t move. No way sims coukda held that block much longer so sack really on Tanny, pressure on Fox.

Incidentally on the first defensive series suh was driving two people back consistently everyone looked good Sheppard gots sealed out on the run for 8, Jones is a beast.

Second series for offense had a hurry on Fox, but again Tanny really could have stepped up and avoided it altogether. After the big gain by Miller the run play just after could have been a score. The OL had it blocked well Miller just cut it back inside instead of bouncing it outside which was open. Fox again on the hurry an hit on qb.

Third series: Fox with a hold. Turner completely ehiffed on his block on run play resulted in tfl. Whiff 2 for Turner on run play. That would been a big run had it not got blown up. Fox got beat again, but was able to ride him just out of the play. That should been a completion to Cameron. Tough catch but should have had it. James did a really good job pulling to block on the read option play. Fox and Turner blow up in pass pro next play. Caused a hurried throw. If it hadn’t been a quick pass on the next play Thomas would been in trouble as the DT had him beat right as throw left Tannys hand. Turner helping James who had his guy missed his gap on pass pro caused a hurry.

They pulled the starters after that. Seriously saw not on mistake by pouncey or James, only on iffy thing about Thomas. turner and Fox weren’t horrible but Turner had the most just missed blocks, Fox was getting really worked by ealy, but seemed to do a better overall job than Turner.

Tanny does need to get use to the space they are giving him up front and step up some. He didn’t have that luxury much last year but at least in the Carolina game he had tons of opportunity to

104. jetsssuck says:

china market opened 25 minutes ago, down 6 percent. Now china is allowing pension funds to trade to shore up free fall. I read recently china’s labor market wages are up to 61 percent of US’s. Those poor citizens who invested in china stock market losing life savings because gov’t encouraged them to invest.