I Want Pictures

I Want Pictures

by son of a son of a shula

With only one pre-season game left and another 11 days until gloriously the new season starts I thought I’d tell you about my Dolphin porch and what I want to do with it. We actually didn’t set out to make the porch a Dolphin porch,128 not sure why not actually, but it all came about as a result of re-purposing an old mirror that has a frame around it to make it look like a window. When we decided to use it my wife said, “hey let’s paint it teal”. So the Dolphin in me said, “well shit if we’re going to paint it teal we may as well use the official Dolphin color.” She agreed and I painted it on there and there was only one thing missing – Dolphin orange. Even though I didn’t put any orange on the mirror I did decide to paint a new wood framed door with it. And in my world painting wood is sacrilege; I could only ever paint wood with Dolphin colors otherwise no way. Anyway so here we are with a Dolphin porch and in need of more Dolphin stuff for the porch.

I had to get the porch finished and ready for a party two weekends001 ago and I came up with an idea that was inexpensive and easy. I went into my picture files and chose some pictures that I took myself at the stadium and had them made into 5 x 7 prints, put them in dollar store frames and mounted them on the wall. Not just mounted but I put them up with a nail gun, that was fun, just held a level there and bam bam bam – done.  I only did 4 and now I want to add a bunch more there. There’s plenty of space.

Here are the 4 I used:

DSCN9055 DSCN9098 DSCN9093 DSCN7995

You may recognize the last one it was my avi for a while and if anyone has the Herd T-shirt that’s the avi used for me on it.

There are several shots I want to get at the fest this year, especially with all the renovations but I have several more that I’m going to DSCN8018add that I already have . They include  Csonka and Marino’s Ring of Honor pics, more pics that reflect the old look of the stadium both inside and out. Of course I need to find each years group fest pics that I want to add. And the Cheerleaders (got plenty of pics of them).

As far as the pictures I don’t have, I have a list. I want the pic of Manny Frenandez’s name on the ring of Honor as he was finally inducted  last year. He’s always been one of my favorite all-time Dolphins. Same for Garo, I want a pic of his name (RIP). I want a picture very similar to above, looking across the stadium,  but it of course will show the new aqua seats. Perhaps pictures of some of the new fancy sections but I also want some of the corners where they removed seats so I can have a progression of old,  new in waiting and then next year with the screens in.

DSCN7855 DSCN9091

SUH, I want a real cool pic of Mr. Suh. If at all possible I want to try and get a pic of that front 4 standing together. One of those pictures that is reminiscent of the old Steel Curtain or the Purple People Eaters shots you see all the time. I’ll have to super zoom and find an opportune time to snap a shot. That would be awesome to have a picture of Vernon, Mitchell, Suh and Wake that I got myself.

Oh yeah and there’s a rule: I will only put pictures out there that I took myself (or if wifey did) only exception will be the annual Fest pic.

I’m looking forward to seeing the new renovations to Sun Life when we meet for this years fest. I’m looking forward to seeing this 2015 team go out and whoop ass too. You’ve been a Dolphin fan for a long time don’t act like you can’t feel it.

Suh is here, everything is different now!

Only a week and a half folks, we can make it!

Cheers!

DSCN7865 DSCN8012

DSCN9068 DSCN9077

Hanging pictures on the wall can be a real pain in the ass at times making sure you get the nail in the exact spot and then trying to hook that stupid little ring on it. Using the nail gun to hang pictures was quite liberating…and easy!

Oh – the door is Fir so I didn’t paint some nice Mahogany or Walnut or something like that. I’m not that insane.

DSCN7866

This entry was posted in A Sonny Football Fantasy. Bookmark the permalink.

473 Responses to I Want Pictures

My guess is Albert doesn’t start until week 3 at home against the Bills. I think they’d rather have him start on home turf where the away crowd isn’t all riled up and loud with the offense on the field. I know some may say really against that defensive front? The thing is Albert needs more physical football work to get into football shape and he goes against a pretty good group on our DL in practice. He’s not ready to play in a game for a few weeks in my opinion.

So if Fox is cleared for game day action and no recurring concussion issues before week 1, this will likely be our starting OL on opening day.
    LT Fox
    LG Thomas
    C Pouncey
    RG Douglas
    RT James

Alberts will start game, I’m positive of that, because Omar said he won’t play until week 3.

I don’t see how he can. He’s already said he’s not in football shape. He won’t play Thursday and he surely won’t be ready in week 1. I’d be shocked if he did,

I’ve been saying for months that Albert won’t be ready opening day, but I hope when he is back, he stays back, and is healthy enough to be like the player he was before the injury.

We know more now. He just started being involved in all the drills. Players usually need a month of that. This week of practice, game 1 week of practice, game 2 week of practice and game 3 week of practice. That’s 4 weeks. That’s why I pick game 3 at home against the Bills.

That’s assuming there are no setbacks, no pain or swelling or both. That can push everything back. That’s what I have worried about and continue to worry about. I’m not thrilled with Fox, Thomas, Pouncey(?), Douglas, James.

Man I can’t believe the irresponsible reporting today!

I just checked NFL.com and cutting Fields is not even on the front page?

Didn’t Omar call them and get our Super bowl 25/1 changed? 😉

In no way am I making light of Fields contribution over the years!

Patriots placed CB Darryl Roberts (wrist) on injured reserve, ending his season.
    Roberts earned first-team reps at OTAs, but got hurt about midway through training camp and will presumably require surgery. A 4.36 speedster at 6-foot, 190, Roberts was a seventh-round selection in this past May’s draft.

If Fields’ contract was $1.5 or $2 mil this yr would he still be on the team? Quite possibly yes, which is why it always amazes me when players always seem to go after the money, instead of the best situation. for example Brian Hartline is gone, I believe, because he didn’t play up to his contract, if he had signed for $4 mil instead of $6 most likely he’d still be a Fin. This yr he signed a $6 mil 2 yr contract with the Browns, and he’ll probably be out of the league next yr.

Surely Fields gets picked up by someone, but I don’t think it will be for more than $1.5 mil.

Well
      they are following their agents advice at the end of the day
      and the agent does not get a bigger cut of lesser money

I guess this is why guaranteed $ is such a big deal

There is also the element that a young gun matched him and made the decision easier. This stuff happens all the time. Most of this is about Fields has been here 8 years and it’s sentimental. He’s not the only guy who can punt.

Now if Barr struggles we have to accept that. But most teams are not building their teams around punters and kickers. Other teams win without Fields is the best way to say it. We did it once with him in 08. He’s not a difference maker. He was good at what he does but geez he’s a punter!!! LOL

Mike E, all we can go by is there have been no setbacks and Albert has said his knee has responded well to the new workload. Just jeep hoping that continues. He needs the work or he can’t play.

steveccnv says:
    September 1, 2015 at 8:35 pm

that is true. but everyone knows teams build around their punters. so i am sure fields will be picked up for some team rebuilding

8. ocalahowie says:

Fields better not be gone…
    Field position is everything and with Fields we can play that game…

There are 16 players left from the Ireland era and beyond. We could see it go down to 12 with the 53. There’s been a major overhaul while developing going on the last 2 years. This team wasn’t ready to win right away. Philbin inherited a 6-10 team. We seem to think he came in and messed up a good thing. RT started with him. That’s where we are.

Wow the Mets getting killed in the 7th 14-6 by the Phillies. Who the hell pitched, I wasn’t up to par on baseball today?

11. ocalahowie says:

Well I hope FFR’s tent is still there
    Night All!

Honestly Tim
    I think Philbin inherited a more talented team than most 1 year coaches do

But I generally agree
    I think in Philbin;s first couple of years there were glaring holes

Do you remember our WR unit in Philbin’s first camp…lol

That’s what I’ve been saying about Ireland for the last several yrs, he acquires talent, but doesn’t build a team. What kind of a GM goes into a season with Hartline and Bess as the only 2 WRs? The D must’ve really been scared that yr we’d beat ’em over the top.

Man this is one that should be framed for the Dolphin cave wall.

my personal man cave would have this

Is Richardson done in the NFL? He couldn’t find a hole with a GPS.

I love what suh says at the end of this article. “that’s just kind of the metrics and the geometry and trigonometry of the game when you actually look down deeply into how it all works.” 🙂
    Suh is the man!

Piggy, Philbin had to swim through Ireland’s cockiness. That’s what did Ireland in. Ross liked Philbin more than Ireland based on character. Remember, Ross never hired Ireland, he inherited him via Parcells. Ross has been trying to learn more as an owner about football since 2010. The entire org is going through a massive makeover from owner, exec’s, personnel people, coaches, players, stadium, marketing…

The thing I like is the message of winning. We’ll see if it comes to fruition. 🙂

First time I’ve seen this, Giants vs Dodgers, both pitchers batting 8th, both came up in the 2nd with runners on 1st and 3rd and 2 outs, and both got out. I think the managers are overthinking themselves.

No way, the Jags cut LB Mister Alexander. Who would name their kid Mister?

NFL.COM Fantasy League… i have set up a Fantasy League for 10 teams.. if you have any issues joining email me at drp667@hotmail.com if there is not 10 teams interested i will fold it.. if there is want for more i can add..

Admin if you could add as a link on side would be kewl… (if enuff interest)

Fins Mob Unleashed