Welcome to Ask Mike – Preseason Week 4

AskMike

from Manitoba

Q – Hey Mike E:  Welcome to the 50th anniversary season of Your Miami Dolphins !!!

I love the way the FO went about their business this  off season,  adding the NDominant One ,  DE-Tooling the WR position , and the Nuggetts of LB they found as UDFA..

My question is regarding WR.. Kenny Stills has been quiet, and I believe hamstrung in PS.. I have read reports of Matthews passing him in the pecking order.. do you see him being a strong contributor this season, or a small time player ??

Tanx.

I’d be surprised if Kenny Stills isn’t a big part of our offense, at least as far as being on the field a lot. I don’t think in our offense we need to rely on any one player, but Stills should be starting, and getting opportunities. I believe that he and Greg Jennings, and Jarvis Landry will be on the field a lot in 3 and 4 WR sets. It will be a while before Devante Parker hits his stride here and is ready to steal a lot of reps from anyone, and depending on how Jennings and Stills play, Parker may never seriously eat into either of their reps if they’re both playing well.

There is no rush to get Parker on the field, unless the offense, particularly Jennings and/or Stills just aren’t getting it done, and like you mentioned, I think the veteran Rishard Matthews would get more reps early if that happened. The one thing Matthews has in his back pocket, is the fact that QB Ryan Tannehill likes him. That means a lot, and will definitely keep him him on the roster as long as he remains in Tannehill’s favor.
______________________________________________

from Stanger

Q – Toughest Q I can think of — Which WR on this team gets the most fantasy points this year?
That’s the combination of most yards and TDs (standard league — six points per TD and one point for every 10 yards).

stanger

I’d have to say that it will be Jarvis Landry. I think he’s going to see a lot of touches as he always seems to find a way to get open, and he’s a very sure handed receiver. I also think he’s the one constant in the lineup, whereas the other guys will be in and out, specifically if/when Parker is healthy and ready to go, he may sub in occasionally for both Stills and Jennings.

If Parker wasn’t injured and had a full training camp, my answer may have been different, but I expect another big year from Landry. He and Tanny have a good chemistry, and Landry is a sure handed 3rd down target who always fights for extra yards, and will convert those 3rd downs to first down. I think there’s an outside chance that Jennings does it, maybe he has more in the tank than most people think. He’s a savvy vet who’s always been a precise route runner and has always possessed great hands, so he’d be my second choice.
______________________________________________

from GDP

Q -Hey Axe Mike,

What rookies do you see making an immediate impact, playing the most, and why, including those on Special Teams & the UDFA’s.

Thanks,
GetterDone Phins!

I’ll go in order of which players I see making the most impact. If it’s true, that Jamil Douglas will be the starting RG, that certainly puts him in a good position to make an impact. It remains to be seen as to whether he stays there, and earns his playing time, but for now, he appears to have a leg up on 2nd year man Billy Turner.

It’s funny, if you had asked me this question right after the draft, my answer would have been Jay Ajayi, or Devante Parker. Both have missed substantial practice time, and for a rookie, that’s a bad thing. Both of those players have a chance, more Likely Parker than Ajayi at the moment, because Ajayi has to get healthy and make the roster.

After the surprise hammer fell on Brandon Fields, Matt Dar is also in place to make a big impact. If he can be as good as Fields used to be for the Miami Dolphins, not the Fields of last year, he can be big for our team, and help us win the “Fields” position battle.

On defense, Jordan Phillips will be in the D-line rotation, although he’s behind 2 pretty damn good players, Ndamukong Suh, and Earl Mitchell, so his reps will have to be well earned. Zach Vigil is another guy who I think may make an impact. If Chris McCain doesn’t start balling, I think it’s possible that Kelvin Sheppard starts at MLB, with Misi sliding back into the SLB position. Vigil will be backing up at both MLB and SLB, and if he continues to show well, I think Vigil is a guy we may see on the field a lot, both on ST’s and at LB.

Some of the rookies I hope make the team are CB Tony Lippett and S Cedric Thompson. I think good ol’ Bobby McCain will be on the roster, but Ced and Tony are more on the bubble. I think Lippett could be a real impact player if he really takes to learning his craft as a CB, and may really help us next year.
______________________________________________

from Tim

Q – Who’s your break out player on offense and defense and why?

Also what’s your favorite shoe?

Thanks you!

I think Dion Sims can have a real good season. I expect him to be on the field a lot this year, but I’m not sure if he’ll really have a lot more than the 24 catches he had last season. He may make his impact in-line blocking as a TE, and helping our RB’s get some clear running lanes. Another I think may have a bigger season than some expect is Greg Jennings. He’s a solid vet, and I know most think he’s past his prime, but if needed, I think he can make a nice contribution to our team, although I’m not sure if you would consider it a “breakout” season or not, maybe breaking out of a retirement home, or something like that.

On defense, I’d love to see Jamar Taylor finally break out. Hopefully he can shrug off the injuries, and get down to playing some good CB for us, and finally show us what he’s capable of. That INT against the Falcons was played perfectly, and I hope to see more of those in the regular season.

As far as shoes goes, in my “Saturday Night Fever” days, no Brooklyn guy who went clubbing (dancing) didn’t have a nice pair of Capezios. Those days are over though, and I prefer a good pair of Sperry Topsiders, or an equivalent shoe like that.
______________________________________________

from Pigsgerald Oinkustus Bacon

Q – After 3 preseason games what do you think is the biggest weakness on the
Dolphins?

– Pigsgerald

I’d say, as it will be be for many NFL teams, the depth after our starters. Our 2nd and 3rd team players, and especially the guys who will not make the 53 man roster have struggled big time.

But . . .

When we go up against the better defenses, like our division rival Bills and Jets, I do fear how our O-line will fare. We’ve played 2 weak defenses so far, but when we play a team a serious front 7, and Albert isn’t either at 100%, or even in the lineup, and we have Fox or Thomas at LT, and then Thomas at LG (with Fox at LT), maybe Pouncey isn’t 100%, and then rookie Jamil Douglas at RG, and solid 2nd year man Ju’Wuan James at RT, it could get ugly . . . FAST! We haven’t seen the O-line struggle, or even falter really, but i that’s partly due to the level of defensive opponents we’ve faced. If we played STL, or ARZ, or HOU or BUF or NYJ, I think we would have seen more weaknesses on the O-line.

For now though, to answer your question more accurately, I’d say the depth in the secondary has been pretty awful.
______________________________________________
from Wyo

Q – I don’t think CJ Mosely makes the 53 and we go young ( Seems to be the theme ).
What are your thoughts on the DT Spots?
Suh
Mitchell
Phillips
?
??

I’m not sure Wyo. I think there’s a pretty good chance Mosley sticks. I think Mosley makes it over AJ Francis and Deandre Coleman. I think it comes down to how many DT’s we carry. Suh and Mitchell are the starters, with Anthony Johnson and Jordan Phillips as 2nd team. If we carry 4, Mosley is gone, but if we carry 5, I think Mosley is in. I think Anthony Johnson has too much talent to let him go.
______________________________________________

from O Rob

Q – Mike, what are the chances Josh Freeman unseats Matt Moore?

I don’t see that happening Rob. I thought when we first signed Freeman there was a decent chance that it could happen, but watching Freeman in the Preseason games, he’s been pretty awful. Not that Matt Moore has been stellar, but you know what Matt Moore gives you as a Dolphins QB, whereas Freeman doesn’t know the offense as well, and still looks shaky back there. Freeman has completed less that 40% of his passes, though both QB’s have only 1 TD against 2 INT’s.

My best guess Rob is that we go with the known quantity, which is Moore. If Freeman made a little noise in the Preseason, and actually outplayed Moore, I would say he had a shot, but that just hasn’t happened. Freeman may have one more shot, but I think it’s going to be Moore.
______________________________________________

And now for the babe of the week . . .

DANCING WITH THE STARS - Erin Andrews joins

Aside | This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

913 Responses to Welcome to Ask Mike – Preseason Week 4

1. naplesfan2010 says:

S Jerod Hollimon got cut so I guess his drastic fall down the draft was spot on. The WR Damian Williams got cut, so I guess we kept the right Damien Williams.

2. naplesfan2010 says:

Dreamius Smith got cut. No wonder with a name like that.

3. naplesfan2010 says:

Dylan Thompson got cut in case we want a PS QB instead of MBT.

Too bad our punter is not named Beans then we could have Franks and Beans as our kicking combo

5. naplesfan2010 says:

Isaako Aaitui got cut again. I would rather have AJ Francis.

6. naplesfan2010 says:

Well I have (obviously) scoured the cuts list as it is so far, and I do not see a single player who is better than our 53 as is. Not that I know everybody, but still.
    Especially I do not see a TE who is even close to usable.
    There are a few teams whose cuts are not posted yet.

7. jetsssuck says:

naplesfan2010 says:
    September 5, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Let’s see who plays well for us in the Super Bowl this year first JS
    ————————————————
    teams plan for the future they usually have plan for 2-3 yrs.

Wow a lot of surprise cuts for me but not mind blowing. Interesting though. I missed on a bunch of players but I had the breakdown – heavy defense 27-23.

Starting to understand how Mike E feels looking for Questions..

Still Looking for 4 more entries for a Fantasy league for our Bloggers.. IDP League,live draft Wednesday..

if you are interested fire me an email at drp667@hotmail.com and I can send out an invite.. apparently that is easiest..

toba,

i dont want to play in the league but since you are looking for 4 more i will go ahead and volunteer tim. . he loves that fantasy stuff

manitobafinfan says:
    September 5, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I would think the world of fantasy would right up yer alley. 😜

lol, ya it is, but it doesnt include a bunch of 300lb sweaty smelly black men. sorry.

FAU and TULSA tied at 41-41 heading into O.T. –Think I’m gonna be sick!!!

Toba,
    If I did fantasy footbal I would join. I just don’t like rooting for players on other teams. I played FF for two years, and never drafted any AFC East player, because I didn’t want them to do well. Plus, I would sit any of my players who were facing the Dolphins that week, so my loyalty often resulted in a loss.

‘oh hey. havent talked to you in a long time. let me call you in the middle of a football game’

reason #23 to not answer your phone

i wonder if those old fucking hags in the volks wagon commercials can put brent fagsburger in their trunk before they drive off a cliff. i forgot how much i hate that fucker.

The 14th penalty against FAU was the killer! FAU was 2nd and goal from the 1. But a mysterious 5-yard penalty moved the ball back and FAU had to settle for 3!! While Tulsa has a good team and may have deserved to win, I’ll always believe the 4-5 “mystery penalties” against FAU were the difference in the game. NOW I AM GONNA GET SICK!!

All right
    Vote on Piggy’s Saturday night

I have 2 options for bars

One right undery hotel
    Cool place
    I was there for about 30 mins and talked to a dozen different people
    There is a group of FSU alum there waiting for the game
    Beer/liquor is cheap – but not very good
    Th one negative: the hotel manager is at the bar
    And he is a creep. I think he BillCosbies some one every weekend
    Definately a man of questionable morals
    I don’t want to be near him
    Plus I’m hungry and you have to eat on the docks (seating sucks ) to get food

The other bar is a big bar
    I was there
    Lots of girls – questionable morals on most if them
    But cold as ice
    Clubby atmospsphere
    I didn’t talk to one person when there
    I’m a little a shy (piggy giggles)

Pick a bar
    Bar 1 – friendly but weirdos are there
    Bar 2 – not friendly but doesn’t matter to whores who are there

FYI
    The hotel I’m staying in is a shithole
    I mean an actual shithole

Therw are few options on fire island for hotels
    The hotel I’m at has like 8 room
    It’s European style
    Which means all 8 rooms share 2 bathroom

When I arrive there was an unapologetic dead roach on the sink
    He was like “I don’t care, I’m gonna die right here and ruin your weekend”
    What a dick

piggy,

sounds like your best chance is the creepy hotel manager. just before he cosby’s you warn him you are a pig and you have 30minute orgasms.

wow, i think the fsu game is like the 4th game today that has gone into lightning delay

Piggy: just ask the creeper if he d like to go whitewater rafting.

piggy,

just keep a bunch of pudding pops in your pocket

Piggy:
    Also go to the bar that has the whores

Lol @your recommendations

Too late
    I’m going to both mofos!!!
    (Piggy throws his pants in the hall)

I’m pretty sad to see gills go. Lamike I guess just had more versatility in special teams. I also saw a few guys out there u would love for us to grab like Barrett Jones, jaylen Watkins, wes Saxton, and Xavier grimble

Actually I’m staying at the first bar
    The atmosphere changed a bit

I thought I was the only drunk person out

But the more I speak with people …well..

Let’s just say most conversations start with the phrase

“I’ve been drinking all day”

Chip Kelly is trying to pull a fast one, he said Tebow wasn’t good enough to be a 3rd string QB. He wants to bring him back later, but doesn’t want anyone signing him.

I was hoping we’d only keep 2 TEs, Stoneburner was a scrub and Seimisch wasn’t ready, because if you need another TE to block just use a friggin’ back up OL, and neither one of these guys was going to get any action catching the ball.

I mentioned yesterday that Franks was going to win the kicking job, because he played the entire game against the Bucs, if they were going to cut him, he wouldn’t have played much, so no surprise there.

I don’t like LaMike at all and I do like Gillislee, so that was disappointing.

McClendon over Brenner was kind of a shock, I did hear some good things about him a couple of weeks ago, but nothing lately, so I assumed Brenner was going to make it, but no love lost there.

I was surprised they let Ced Thompson go for Kovacs, but Ced couldn’t get out of his own way in the preseason, so let the better man win.

I don’t know WTF anyone sees in Zach Bowman, he plays a loose coverage and never seems to be in the right spot.

A little surprised to see Hewitt make it over Hull, because I never heard Hewitt’s name except the fumble to win against Atl. I expect Hull on the PS, if no one signs him.

The jets cut Arthur Lynch, I hope he didn’t give up any trade secrets.

The Steelers GM refused a BJ twice 😉

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers: RB Jawon Chisholm, RB Josh Harris, DL Matt Conrath, DL Ethan Hemer, DL Mike Thornton, S Jordan Dangerfield, S Alden Darby, S Gerod Holliman, OL Reese Dimsmukes, OL B.J. Finney, OL Doug Legursky, CB Kevin Fogg, CB B.J. Finney, LB L.J. Fort, LB Shayon Green, LB Howard Jones, WR Shakim Phillips, WR Jarrod West.

Cuts
    Detroit Lions: TE Joseph Fauria

There’s our 3rd TE, cut Bowman.

Along with Kellen Moore, the Lions waived tight end Joseph Fauria today.

Fauria, like Moore, signed as an undrafted free agent in 2012 and became a fan favorite after scoring seven touchdowns his rookie season.

He missed most of last year with a severe ankle injury he said he suffered while chasing his peeing dog down the stairs. The Lions were never fully satisfied with his explanation of how the injury occurred, and traded for Tim Wright to be their No. 3 tight end this week.

I would cut Bowman and kept ced on the 53 personally.

36. Try Pod says:

Mornin’.

We definitely should take a look at S Gerod Holliman!

I like Fouria in the draft! But he hasn’t done shit in 2 years!

Slim pickens on the waiver wire!!!!!!!!!!!

38. ocalahowie says:

Yesterday is cancelled; Some mornings my computer wont come on. When that happens I need to unplug everything and let it sit all day. with yesterday being Saturday I had work, then mow the lawn and Jam my music all evening so I never got around to plugging it back in…
    I am not scrolling through 5000 posts for 1 score so I will just pick up where I left off the night before…

39. ocalahowie says:

Cav 30-13 MIA
    Howie 24-19 MIA
    CCNV 31-3 MIA
    GDP 34-12 MIA
    BrianNY37-13MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

When asked about the difference in this yrs team, Nat Moore said that’s exactly it TEAM, they play as a team, they hand out together, they coach each other up…That’s what I’ve been saying for the last 4 yrs, Ireland didn’t put together a team, he didn’t build a functional on field team, nor did he build an off the field team.

Wyo

I really wanted Holliman, but there seems to be a desire problem with that kid. He obviously has talent, but it looks like he doesn’t want to work hard to get better, especially at things like tackling.

Do we know the winner for the Roster Pick?

hmmm who would of thunk the Enterprise had testicles.

i call bs on ‘it was suppose to be then enterprise’ it is funny has hell, but bullshit

Would like I bring in jaylen Watkins for sure. Holliman probably wouldn’t be bad but I’d rather keep ced on PS. Barrett Jones for a Swiss army knife IL guy. And there are a couple TE prospects I like better than any we cut in Xavier grimble or wes saxton

For PS I’m only looking for better than we cut. Otherwise I’d rather just keep the one we put some time in with. Like holliman, I like him but not more than ced. I think ced will wind up better overall for our system.

My guess is Hewitt made it because of STs and possibly nickel LB duties at times. Bowman likely made it do to versatility, he can play safety too. I didn’t see it from LaMike James but he’s going to get a shot at being the main return man. It will be interesting to see if we churn it a just a little bit more with the waiver wire.

steveccnv says:
    —————————

Sounds like Philbin’s type of team. He likes adults, not divas.

Herd,
    Unofficially 3 people had 47 correct picks. mike e,rock and naples fan. I’m going to do an official count tomorrow and double check the numbers 🙂

WELL I WOKE UP TODAY, walked the dogs about 7 AM, thought about last night’s FAU-Tulsa game (which was STOLEN by poor officiating) and did the only thing I could do. – – I went BACK TO SLEEP!!! – – Mrs. OD got me up about 9:30. I made some breakfast, played with all 3 of our dogs, hugged the wife, and got myself ready to MOW THE LAWN in 88 degree heat. Will try to SWEAT AWAY THE BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH while my wife goes to church and prays for her heathen husband. MAY watch Herd’s Marshal team beat Purdue today and hope that the SAME CREW that officiated the FAU-Tulsa game is NOT assigned to this game. GOOO-O-O Herd!!

Fins now favored by 3 vs. Washington after opening as a 1-point favorite. Sounds like Vegas is not totally sold on the Dolphins. Might be an opportunity here for Miami fans to make some $$$$$

I only got 44 correct. But I did have the heavy defense 27-23 for now. 😉

So this is the breakdown at the moment.

OL 9
    TE 2
    WR 6
    QB 2
    RB 4

DL 9
    LB 7
    DB 11

K 1
    P 1
    LS 1

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 2h2 hours ago
    From last night: Cowher, Simms, Gruden, Collinsworth, J.J., former GMs, others assess Dolphins: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/09/from-simms-to-collinsworth-to-gruden-to-jj-10-analysts-weigh-in-on-fins-heat-um-marlins-mls-chatter.html#storylink=addthis

Almost makes you think we are becoming media darlings again……I hate when that happens when for reasons other than what we do in games.

Wonder who they cut for this? Hewitt?

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 10m10 minutes ago
    As Buffalo News noted, Dolphins add 6-6 LB Adrian Hubbard (10 sacks,26 starts at ‘Bama). GB p-squad in ’14,cut Tues.Unclear if p-squad or 53

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
    Young players will be informed if they have been claimed at noon today. Those who haven’t been claimed will begin negotiating PS deals.

From the Herald link from Wyoming:

“For Miami, one of the greatest things is they’ve had a quiet preseason – no controversies whatsoever. DeVante Parker is going to be a very special receiver for them. Lamar Miller gives them some balance. Defensively, they have a chance to be very special.”

Cowher might be thinking……”Man I should have taken that job.”

Thanks OD! It s the debut of a new QB for the first time in 4 years. I’m a bit nervous!

56. ocalahowie says:

Maybe if I keep up this year when the season is over I will play too..
    Problem is I really dont pay much attention to the College game since the Canes of the ’80s I pretty much just go with whoever everyone is talking about

57. ocalahowie says:

BrianNY37-13MIA
    Boulder24-17MIA
    Wyo 28-9 MIA
    Stang 21-17 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 16h16 hours ago
    Practice Squad rumblings: Lynden Trail -> Miami Dolphins, Jacob Hagen -> St Louis Rams, Charles Tuaamu-> Kansas City Chiefs

PhinPhanatic ‏@PhinPhanatic 30m30 minutes ago
    Miami Dolphins claiming players off waivers? http://ift.tt/1EKigot

Media darlings?

I want every player on the team to have a quote from the media on them when we win the FIRST play-off game!

Throw it back in all their faces in every interview!!!!!!! 🙂

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I hope that happens this year (win playoff game). Its about time for us. Go Phins!

I don’t get it Wyoming, the media seems to love us, so how do we throw it in their face after we win a playoff game? There’s always going to be a guy that really isn’t following things to say something bad. Every yr one or two say this is the yr NE is going to lose their hold on the AFC East…I’m pretty sure they don’t give a rats ass what some schmuck is saying.

If that’s the motivation our players need to win they aren’t going anywhere.

This is from saban. Let me sign? Not signing drew breez was his decision no?

“Nick Saban: I might still be in Miami if they let me sign Drew Brees”

• Brian in NY says:

I read that earlier. So let me get this straight: The assinine, control freak Saban (who micromanaged all of the coaching staff) wasn’t allowed to select the QB he wanted? I call bullshit.

If in fact the team doctor told the team Brees wouldn’t recover, then what’s he supposed to do? If you don’t follow the advice of the doctors why even ask them?

I don’t get why everyone is so anit-Saban, he was asked about coaching Alabama and he said no he wasn’t going to Alabama, but all he was trying to do was finish the season in Miami without distraction the media put on him/team. When the season was over he evaluated the situation and went to Alabama. What was he supposed to do tell everyone he was going to Alabama before the season was over?

• BoulderPhinfan says:

he gave up on us too quickly. That’s why I’m mad. He came here to turn our team around and after 2 seasons he gave up.

But I hear he was having family issues in Miami. If that’s the case then you have to do what’s best for your family. O

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m1 minute ago
    Dolphins have claimed Logan Thomas.

63. naplesfan2010 says:

Will Davis had two interceptions in the fourth preseason game.

Yes, it was the fourth preseason game. The one that “doesn’t matter.”

But the quarterback who threw those two interceptions (Glennon) has a better career passer rating than every single quarterback we play in the first six games.

And then we play the Jets and Bills again. So that’s half the season against QBs with worse passer ratings than Mike Glennon.

64. ocalahowie says:

What did I miss yesterday, is Sturgis gone?

65. ocalahowie says:

Well the team Doctor is a Quack!
    But would we have had the Success of the Saints had Brees come here?

66. ocalahowie says:

Thanks Boulder

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 50s50 seconds ago
    Sam Brenner has been re-signed to the Dolphins’ practice squad. He had multiple offers, but no claims.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly now13 seconds ago
    Dolphins 5th rd pick Cedric Thompson re-signed to the practice squad. I believe in the young man. I see upside.

OK, two of the guys I had making the 53 are back on the PS. What is the tie breaker for our three way split?

700 players are unemployed today. It’s kind of sad. So may guys dreams will be crushed this week and UPS & Walgreens just picked up a bunch of employees

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley

So if the Dolphins did indeed sign Semisch and Stoneburner to their practice squad, they can get away with just two tight ends on 53.

There is one more that I had on the 53

Tim Semisch @Semisch88

Happy to Announce that I will be staying in South Florida as a Member of the Miami Dolphins Practice Squad!

73. naplesfan2010 says:

I wonder if we want those 6’6 & 6’7 LBs to block xtra point attempts form the 33.

74. naplesfan2010 says:

Your avi wins all tiebreakers Rock. No one can beat that ass.

UPDATE: there is rumblings that the Dolphins may be looking at Thomas as tight-end prospect. This will be something to monitor come practices.

76. Try Pod says:

These lists always surprise me- I expected Ireland to represent ppb the good side, but the bad side.. Let me just say, Mike E, Piggy, Ken, Brian.. All represent the NE with courtesy and respect… https://www.yahoo.com/travel/worlds-friendliest-and-unfriendliest-cities-128290239402.html

77. Al in MIA says:

Latest stuff of Saban saying it wasn’t up to him makes me dislike him even more. Basically Nick takes no responsibly for how bad he left the dolphins talent wise.

78. Al in MIA says:

Ocala,
    Payton was not in Miami so probably not (high success of Brees) but Miami would have had a stable QB.

So hungover…

80. Al in MIA says:

Any word on the LB making the PS? Hope at least 2 of Hull/Tripp/Luc decide to stay

Mike Hull ‏@m_hull4943 20m20 minutes ago
    Blessed to have the opportunity to continue my football career with the Miami Dolphins on their practice squad

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 35m35 minutes ago
    Besides Brenner, confirmed Fins also resigned Semisch, Stoneburner, Cedric Thompson, A. Walker to practice squad.

Al the week you’re in Vegas we play Buffalo at 1:25 LV time.

84. naplesfan2010 says:

so if we really have signed Logan Thomas, then must he be put on the 53 or can he go to the PS? I know in the regular season if you poach a guy, he has to be put on the 53 for 3 games, but not sure if these cut guys count like that as they are not on anybody’s team right now. I would hate to lose one of those 53 for such a shaky player as him.

85. naplesfan2010 says:

now that we mostly have our team selected, I have to admit that I am predicting us to go 14-2.
    I think we will lose to either Philly or Dallas and one other, not necessarily NE, could be them or Buffalo or Houston or Ravens … at least one “stumble” is inevitable, but I am predicting two but which two is impossible to say.

I do not think that any team on our schedule is actually clearly better than we are this year.

Can I have a sip of that? I am an admitted homer and I can only come up with 12 wins. LOL GO DOLPHINS! I hope you are right

• naplesfan2010 says:

To those who say that is crazy I say, “Name one team that we play who is clearly better than us on paper.” Can’t do it. We are not good enough to go undefeated, but Houston, Dallas, Philly, Ravens, patsies*, Bills, they all have just as big question marks as we do.

IT IS ALMOST HERE! JUST 165 more hours!

Wanna start with I absolutely hate the whole slideshow format that has become up more and more. Figure it is just a way to get more clicks. But if I was going to watch one…..this would be it. She even protects the little thing after killing the mom.

I hate the slideshows too

I feel like I’m reading a kiddie book

Notably this slideshow was missing the final slide where a pig comes down from the trees and unites the baboons and lions

LOL — I sorta thought just above the pic frame was a flying pic saying, “do the right thing.” 🙂

89. naplesfan2010 says:

just put thomas in and go for 2 after every score; he can run it in or pass it, INTs are not such a huge prob in that case, save wear and tear on Tannehill and no risk on the PAT.

90. naplesfan2010 says:

i know i am in danger of jinxin’ us today, but i swear we could beat DC 35-0 if all the breaks go our way.

I got madden 16 for xbox one
    This is probably the fort dolphins team on madden where I was not thinking about what I needed to add to the team

They make the dolphins pretty good

• naplesfan2010 says:

Damn so he is required to miss 6 games? Should’ve kept Gills.

they stashed him for the end of the season. He will have fresh legs for the second 1/2 of the season and they had to make room for the new QB/TE I guess…?

93. naplesfan2010 says:

So is Ajayi’s roster spot going to go to Logan Thomas?

94. Al in MIA says:

SteveCCNV
    Seems Nick only cares about a positive legacy. Why does he even bother talking about Miami anymore. Culpepper had an injury as well but a rotator cuff injury is deemed more risky than a knee one and that’s the route Miami went. To blame doctors is silly. You think the Saints doctors didn’t find the same conclusion? My opinion is yes. The medical profession is pretty homogenous in these areas of analysis. Anyway, This is the same Saban that took Jason Allen and also walked over a player having a seizure…

95. naplesfan2010 says:

Stanger that lion is just a rancher. He’s raising livestock to slaughtering size. Baboo-veal is a delicacy.

We only dress 46 so if every one stays healthy you can play that game am get better developmental talent at the bottom of your roster.

97. Al in MIA says:

We have 3 RBs on the roster (miller, lamike and Williams)
    I think that is enough

But if we end up needing one

There is always this guy named Seastrunk
    😉

99. naplesfan2010 says:

I agree Rock… creative roster management via the “IR/will return” mechanism … he was not going to see the field for a month at least anyway; this way they get back a roster spot which they can proactively manage while shielding Ajayi from poachers.

Thompson signed to the PS

101. naplesfan2010 says:

As a floor I see us going 9-7 and hoping the Wild Card tiebreakers go our way.

Lyndon trail would be a pretty good pick up if its true

Kortnei brown from Texans also seemed to be pretty decent player and had the passion for the game philbin likes. Charles James II same deal. Seems like a solid CB prospects with all kinda heart.

I would have thought
    If they are picking up any players now
    It’s likely to be a TE

naplesfan2010 says:
    ——————
    LOL — you and Pig are harsh. I figured it was the maternal instinct kicking in. Would’ve been different if she didn’t protect the baby from others and let the other baboons save (so no veal for her).

Practice squad filling up nicely

Herd
    I think your new QB is going to be pretty good!!!!!!!!

I owe wy a beer

Still have space for 2 more on PS

I’m hoping Anthony Johnson is one of them

Great holiday weekend here in NE Wisconsin. 90 degrees and Dolphins on local TV here next week.

Broncs cut Montee Ball.

Another sign you should get your RBs plentiful and late……weren’t the Broncos the ones who came up with that?

Purdue/Marshall is a good game. Herd must be nervous.

September 6, 2015 at 3:13 pm

So hungover…

so, the hotel manager got you huh?

He at least chose the same spot as he did.
      Might be he played the “watch out for that guy……..how you doing tonight btw” play.

Afternoon all: Bundled up under a blanket fighting a bitch of a cold.. Like to see Gillisllee added to PSquad..

Fantasy League now has 7 teams signed up, like to bring it up to 10.. IDP League, Live draft 20:00 PM EST Wednesday 09/09 email me at drp667@hotmail.com and can send an invite to get you in.. Thanks to the people who have already signed up

Stoked for the season .. 1 week away… WOOHOO Go Phins…

This game is KILLING me!!!!!

OL Eric Lefeld
    S Chris Hackett
    OL Mike Golic Jr
    TE Joseph Fauria

Hope the appeal is long and intensive.
    —————————————-

Patriots Insider Tom E. Curran and Mike Giardi agree that you can see the toll the Deflategate drama has taken on the Patriots quarterback.

“He started out with one tenor. He wanted to seemingly make sure he kept his composure,” said Curran. “But as it wore on you could see the amount he has on him still and the arduous nature of the entire process.”

• naplesfan2010 says:

It must be hard on a man to perform a script of safely memorized lies.
      How much easier it would be on the man to just tell the truth. No late night worrying, no exhausting rehearsals with the legal team, no mumbling excuses to Gisele about what “else” was on that destroyed phone, no anxiety about how he will perform with NFL-size balls for a change …

• manitobafinfan says:

Lmao. Well stated.

Lies hold you back Naples.
        Why my approach has always been never do so.
        Not always telling the truth…..now that’s a different thing.
        Least you don’t get caught in it down the road.

121. naplesfan2010 says:

I am surprised that Christion Jones is not on our PS.

I believe he was put on the cut / injured list

• naplesfan2010 says:

yes he was but that shouldn’t keep him off a PS should it? You might be onto something though if they think it is a season impacting injury. They could always bring him in later when he is all healed up.

HERDFAN: NOW YOU KNOW how I felt during the final moments of the FAU-Tulsa game yesterday!! – – Good luck to your TEAM!! – – And may the officials NOT steal it from Marshall!

What I saw from Aikens was another Jones type player – a guy with range who can cover ground or come up and mix it up against the run or blitz. I like our starting safeties and level of depth with Thomas. Not sold on Kovacs in coverage but STs he’s likely a core guy. Something the team put a big premium on improving/changing this year. We replaced our P and K to start that up and some other STs jobs changed.

TD Marshall! What a good game! Happy for Herd! Can they hold on?

There you go Herd!!!!!!!!
    Nice drive Marshall

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INT return for The Herd!

WOW. 17 tackles and 2 pick 6s

129. naplesfan2010 says:

One NFL writer thinks that “Brady’s about to embark on the greatest revenge tour of all time.”

I doubt it. He seems haggard to me.
    and i don’t think the team has gotten any positive energy out of this at … all. Some Pats fans are casting this as “Us against the world ” motivation, but really it is just Brady against his own lies. What can he say in team meetings or the huddle to use this? “OK guys let’s play hard for my legacy.”?????

Awesome!!!! Go Herd! Thanks for all the FU support!

JUST TERRIFIC,HERDFAN!! – – Great win for Marshall and a great win for the conference! –C-USA teams went, I believe, 8-4 over the weekend!! I understand there’s an inclination for football fans to focus only on the Power 5 conferences. But the next tier of conferences also produce many outstanding players and several solid programs, such as Boise State, UCF and Marshall.

AS EXPECTED, The Dolpins have put Jay Ajayi on the injured/designated to return list and signed Former Cardinals’ QB Logan to the squad, this per the Sun-Sentinel. Ajayi would be able to return, I believe after the 6th game of the season.

Make that quarterback LOGAN THOMAS has been signed by the Dolphins.

• Try Pod says:

Is it six weeks, or six games.. I can never remember…

• Brian in NY says:

He won’t be able to return until week 9.

• Try Pod says:

Really? How does that work?

That’s right, Brian, but week 9 will be Miami’s 8th game, so Ajayi COULD play in 9 regular season games if he’s able to. –And, according to the SS, he’ll be eligible to return to PRACTICE in week #6, which is when his broken rib should be healed or very close to fully healed.. LOGAN THOMAS, ex-Virginia Tech QB is 6 foot 6 inches and 250 pounds. His height (but not his weight) kind of reminds me of another Va. Tech QB who quarterbacked the Dolphins, the one and only DON STROCK!! –STROCK made the relief appearance of a lifetime in the momentous San Diego at Miami playoff game, a game that will live forever in the hearts of Charger and Dolphin fans.

I don’t know why we keep wasting time on MBT. Lots better PS QV candidates

Dolphins now have 4 QB’s under contract. including taxi-squader Bethel-Thompson. It’s safe to say that 4 will become a 3 within the first half of the regular season.

Try,
    All short-term IR candidates are eligible to return week 9. The short-term IR thing is relatively new.

Try Pod says:
    September 6, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Is it six weeks, or six games.. I can never remember…

42 calendar games from the date of his injury.

42 days until he can practice that is. 8 weeks until he can play. They are right above ^^ because of the bye that would be game 9

• Brian in NY says:

The designation has to be made after teams cut to the final 53 though, so it will always be week nine at the earliest.

138. ocalahowie says:

Boulder24-17MIA
    Wyo 28-9 MIA
    Stang 21-17 MIA
    Rockphin 24-16 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

Howie 35-13 Fins

I think 4 should become 3 right now so we can get some better quality player on PS in place of one that has looked pathetic.

Logan Thomas could be quite a weapon as a TE, he’s a great athlete.

Thomas completed one of the nine passes he threw in two appearances with the Cardinals last season and made it count as the throw went for an 81-yard touchdown.

I bought the Belgariad by Eddings today. The first three novels in one binding. It’s been years (dare I say decades) since I read them. I hope I enjoy them as much as I remember enjoying them.

• Try Pod says:

I hope you enjoy. My memory of reading then the second time was that it was enjoyable, though I think they seemed a little soft in comparison to other things I had subsequently read in the interim.

That is my biggest concern about re-reading it. I recall it being a light read and after grinding through Jordan, Martin, Et al I afraid it will be like the old “choose our path to adventure” novels. LOL

145. ocalahowie says:

If he wants to play in the NFL he better be willing. Theres only so many QB spots to go around and if he didnt get drafted to be a 1st year starter then he might never get a shot.
    Take what you can get while you are here and make it work.
    GO PHINS!!!

Wow, Matt Castle didn’ t make the team up in Buff. The went with E.J. & Tyrod only.

so the eagles cut tebow but sign Stephen Morris. i like tebow as a person. he seems like a really good person. and i hope him all the best and maybe one day making an nfl team. but if morris is signed ahead of you i think that shows you how bad tebow is.

Rockphin says:
    September 6, 2015 at 9:54 pm

rock, some on. of course. have you seen matt’s toes. rexy only wants the long dark toes.