It’s GAME DAY!!!

Game 1

Miami Dolphins @ Washington Redskins

header

Header from CBS Sports

Waiting for the NFL season to start has to be the longest wait EVER!  To me it seems longer than the wait to get your driver’s license, longer than waiting for your 21st birthday, longer than it takes to pay off a 30 year mortgage.  Finally, it’s here, a game that matters.

We’ll be adding any late breaking news or links to the end of this post as the morning progresses up til game time.  It seems the chat format for the game won in the polls so look for the new post prior to the game.  My apologies to those who prefer the regular format.  It will be back after the game.  If the link doesn’t show up at the top of the page, look at the sidebar under ‘Recent Posts’.  Click on it to discuss, analyze debate (and celebrate) after the game.

This one counts.  So get your drinks and snacks ready.  Put on your lucky jersey.  Take off your pants!  The waiting is OVER!

EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT NOW!

STAND THE F*CK UP!

GO DOLPHINS!

It’s GO Time!

Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

208 Responses to It’s GAME DAY!!!

I guess it’s appropriate that I’m first today!

Let’s go Dolphins!!!

3. jetsssuck says:

any word on uwantwat about his open heart surgery. The usual stay is 8 days in hospital after open heart and yesterday was 8 days.Maybe because of weekend they will keep him till Monday

Excited for opening day. But it’s also bittersweet because of our young cousin still trying to survive. We watch these incredible athletes compete in the game we love and as we all know one play can wreck all that hard work they worked so hard at, I feel that for my young cousin who has been training his whole life to be an elite skier and one bad play changed everything.

Go Dolphins!!! Go Sam!!!!

Headed to the game in a but. Let’s hope for a Dolphins blowout today!

IT IS FINALLY HERE! It seems like we wait longer every year.

IT’S GAME DAY BITCHES! This is our year! GO DOLPHINS!!

STAND THE FUCK UP AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!

7. ocalahowie says:

Piggy 24-23 MIA
    drg 23-13 MIA
    UK 27-16 MIA
    Twice 27-20 MIA
    Rock 31-16 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

Herd, what’s that link you provided to watch the games that worked pretty good during the PS as an alternative to GoPass? Thanks!

10. jetsssuck says:

here’s one for you guys.My family and me were one of the first tailgaters for the Miami Dolphins in 1969 at the Orange Bowl in Miami.

PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY TALK IS!!!!—Just gave Dolphins permission to hit my credit card for PLAYOFF TIX TO THE TUNE OF $1,194 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

———————
    FINS left me the message on my email just before 4 PM Friday, with a deadline of TODAY at 5 PM!! –THAT WAS A TOTAL OF 49 HOURS BEFORE THE DEADLINE!! –Most weekends I’m AWAY at conventions Thursday thru Sunday. –Had this been a typical weekend, I would have missed out on this particular chance to order playoff tix. –I”M CALLING THIS
    —–B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T from Steve Ross’s ticket office !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ———————
    There’s absolutely NO REASON to have a 2-Day “window of opportunity” restriction–NO REASON AT ALL!! –Joe Robbie NEVER required playoff tix to be ordered BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON STARTED nor did WAYNE HUIZENGA!!! —This greedy bastard is intent on SCREWING his season ticket holders, plain and simple!!!!! My brother-in-law, Jim, who has only missed 3 home games in 49 seasons, WON’T BE ABLE TO ORDER PLAYOFF TIX THIS WEEKEND BECAUSE HE DOES NOT HAVE A COMPUTER!!! OTHERS will miss out simply because they didn’t check their emails during the 2-day sign-up chance.
    ——————–
    My aforementioned brother-in-law was NOT EVEN OFFERED season tix downstairs. He had to accept tickets upstairs or go to hell!! The biggest lie propagated by Ross is that they offered season ticket locations based on the number of years you’ve been a ticket holder, with those having the longest tenure getting first shot. –THAT IS AN UNMITIGATED LIE!!! –As Young Stanger can verify, my season tix have always been in the first 10 rows, since 1989!! –NOW, I’ve been forced to relocate across the field on the visitor’s side at the TOP ROW (row 40). –I was told I would NOT be offered tix on the Dolphins’ side downstairs unless I wanted end zone seats!! –Meanwhile, persons who have only been ticket holders for the last few years will be sitting between the 20’s ON BOTH SIDES OF THE STADIUM while those of us who’ve gone to games since YEAR ONE (1966) will be in the boondocks!
    ——————
    That’s how Steve Ross treats his loyal season ticket holders from the 1960’s.

PS: I LEFT OUT the fact that Ross’s ticket office would NOT EVEN OFFER ME AND MY “BOYZ” tickets downstairs between the 20’s on the VISITORS’ SIDE EITHER!! –NOR would they offer us tickets together unless we sat IN THE ENDZONE UPSTAIRS!!! —I can’t prove it, but I’m guessing Ross is purposely “Sqeezing Out” all of the old guard Dolphin supporters and instead offering their choice seats to barons’ of industry who do business with Ross in the New York real estate industry. IF HE JUST TOLD THE TRUTH, I could handle it. But to say “season tix will be offered in order of seniority” is THE BIGGEST LIE THIS SIDE OF NIXON’s “Secret Plan for Peace in Vietnam” (which turned out to be a “cut and run” philosophy). The sooner Steve Ross sells the Dolphins, the better it will be for long term season ticket holders who are NOT multi-millionaires!

game day! wohoooo. Go Phins!

Suh in da House !!

This is the week of bold predictions/ridiculous predictions, if your team makes the list for a prediction happening to your team, you should feel good, because it’s very unlikely to happen.

My brother, that doesn’t really follow football (he just goes along with the crowd), works for a casino in Reno and joined a last man standing league there. Yesterday he calls me to ask who he should take, the Dolphins he said, and I said no don’t waste them this early. I check all the games, and other than GB over Chicago I couldn’t find a better pick for him (all things considering), so I said yeah, go the Fins. He picked Miami, because all the experts on a pick the pros sight unanimously took them, the only unanimous pick on the board.

The bottom line is they’re all just predictions, some people have an agenda for making said predictions, so don’t read too much into them good or bad.

• manitobafinfan says:

Sports section of todays paper lists Miami as top pick also followed by Dallas and Seattle. I have 5 entries in a survivor pool Picked Fins x 2, Green Bay x 2 and Cowboys.

Cowboys I don’t love, I think they may be in for a rude awakening this yr. I don’t think the Giants amount to much this yr, but Eli may just snake bite them.

Interesting stat. 19 of 32 of todays starting Qbs were 1 st rouund picks

Yet there are many in this league who believe drafting a QB in round 1 is a waste of a draft pick. When Chad Henne was taken in round 2, old “what’s his name” said that round 2 is the earliest a QB should be taken, and that history would prove him right. When Ross ORDERED him to select a QB in round 1, we got Tannehill.

HERD: ANY internet tips U can pass along are appreciated. For instance, I have NEVER been able to “cut-and-paste” on ANY computer, despite a long and patient attempt over the net by Young Stanger to teach me. I wish there was a book or pamphlet that explained all this computer shit to us old folks who want to learn. The guy who installed this computer told me “the ‘how-to’ books are outdated within a few months, so why bother with one?”

Steve: i think Dallas is also overhyped this year, but i dont think Eli pulls it off this week. Next time they play maybe Not today.

OD: Son posted a video for Howie the other day, I didn’t watch it, but if what I’m telling you doesn’t help, I’ll find it and post it here for you to watch. Sometimes seeing it is easier than reading it. Cut and paste has been the same from one version to another, so once you learn it, you know it. If you can highlight text with your cursor, you can copy and paste. Highlight by dragging the cursor over the text while holding down the left button on you mouse. With the text highlighted, you can do one of two things. Easiest I think is while you have text highlighted, leave your cursor over the highlighted text and press your right mouse button. It will give you a menu, one item there is copy. Click on it. Then go to where you want to paste and again press the right mouse button and click on paste. OR with the text highlighted, press and hold the CTRL key and then press the c key with the CTRL key still pressed down. This copies the highlighted text. Then go to where you want to paste it, press and hold the CTRL key and press the v key and it will paste the text there.

Let me know if you want me to find the video. Good Luck! 🙂

19. naplesfan2010 says:

Sorry but I love these pix but there are several I don’t recognize because we have so many new faces.

Game day baby! GO DOLPHINS!!!

FINS/SKINS game on Channel 10 at 1 PM. Everyone from at least Lakeland to Tampa Bay to Sarasota to Pasco County ought to get this game on home TV.

I can’t believe football is back. It’s cool and sad at the same time. Love football, more than any sport, but it also means the end of summer, and that sucks.

Gameday! Woo hoo

Usually Sunday Ticket is free for the first weekend of the season if you have directv.

• manitobafinfan says:

Hope i dont have the usual week one issues with Sunday ticket. Most years i have problems getting Funs game until 1/2 way through 1st qtr

• jetsssuck says:

how’s this thing direct tv work? We just got it and there is hundreds of channels but by the time we go through the guide the damn show is over we want to watch.We got NFL package but the learning curve and finding the channel is a lot to ask. I will watch dolhin game on regular cbs channel

channels 700-718 or so are all Sunday Ticket find the games you want to watchj and it should be free access today. If the game is being shown on local tv it will be blacked out on Sunday ticket.

• manitobafinfan says:

I cant help ya as my Sunday ticket is on cable. But if even close to format all games are usually in a Block of back to back channels. Some empty as they are reserves for the late games. Find one you eill most likely find all

• jetsssuck says:

thanks.

24. ocalahowie says:

OD
    Were good to go here in the Orlando area also. Looks like the Jags have an NFC team today and cant take our CBS.
    Next week, no worries either.
    GO PHINS!!!

Piggy 24-23 MIA
    drg 23-13 MIA
    UK 27-16 MIA
    Twice 27-20 MIA
    Rock 31-16 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

Interesting on DTV blackouts. We get Minn/ Wash cable feeds that do show games and a normal CBS and NBC feed but those are still shown on ST.

Here’s why the national media just don’t get it:

Dave Tuley

Tuley’s Take: The Dolphins are a Jekyll-and-Hyde team, as they showed last year when they beat the Patriots in the opener and then lost to the Bills and Chiefs, eventually finishing 8-8. In Week 12, they covered at Denver, but then failed to cover their last five games. Ryan Tannehill has more weapons this year, including Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker and Jordan Cameron — to continue his improvement and Ndamukong Suh is added to an already strong defense.
    ——————————————-
    We’ve changed 1/3 of the team, gotten rid of all the bad apples, and in a league driven by QB play RT has stepped up his game and is performing like an elite QB, yet his opening pt is we lost to Buff/KC in the beginning of the yr, WTF kind of logic is that.

There’s 2 women on ESPN radio on Saturday morning’s, that are former professional athletes, they understand sports like a typical man. I like listening to them, because, unlike the typical male sports reporter/writer they are educated, they don’t spew this type of illogical BS like one Dave Tuley.

Toba, on Dallas from above Romo is still experiencing back problems, so they go as he goes, another reason I think they fall back.

29. naplesfan2010 says:

what does sunday ticket do for you?

• manitobafinfan says:

Sunday ticket gives me access to every game on sunday in a block of 15 cannel spaces. Easy to flip game to game as ya see the red zone notifications. Very seldom ( unless Fins game on) do i miss a scoring play.

I’m at Fed Ex Field. The Dolphins look WELL represented!

Manitoba, if you have trouble with DirecTV, call them. Last year, or year before, it wouldn’t let me stream the game when I was at my mom’s house. I called them, after a few minutes they said whoops, basically they forgot to flip the switch to allow the streaming. And it wasn’t just for me…it was their whole system according to the tech person. I told them I found it hard to believe that out of their entire population of subscribers, I was the only one who had called them to complain. But whatever it was, it worked. lol

Dolphins game is on DirecTV channel 708

It even smells like football this morning.

Steve i agree on Romo. I also think they Are going to miss Murray a lit mire than they expect.

Trypod, I added the link to the bottom of the article. If anyone else has anything to add, late breaking news, final rosters, let us know and we can add it. 🙂

36. Try Pod says:

My prediction: AP does not have the year many have predicted. I would not be surprised if he gets injured at some point and misses some time this season.

Gameday!!!!!!

Sherff appeared to be on roller skates in preseason game i saw. Ended up in Qbs lap on a few occassions. I see that repeating a lot today

I saw this site mentioned on FB not related to football but its Mobdro.com and it says Discover a world of video streams.

Thanks Toba

41. Try Pod says:

Fight between Landry and James last week? I had not heard this before 30 seconds ago.

gotta say, game day is always the best article on the blog………..it only takes one scroll down to bypass it.

Chris McCain inactive
    😦

did someone say boobs

Warner calling 5 sacks and 2 picks for us today

Let’s get it on!

47. Try Pod says:

Sorry son,
    Lamike and Jarvis.

That’s what I figured, Landry isn’t stupid enough to mix it up with the Oline. Guess Landry isn’t fine with LaMike taking his return duties

I am remarkably confident today. Hope it dont bite me in th ass

Will davis out as well

50. Try Pod says:

It was reported on Fox Jarvis flicked La Mike’s ear. A fight ensued and teammates immediately broke it up. Any discipline involved seems to have been handled internally.

?ref_src=twsrctfw

IT”S HERE! LETS KICK SOME ASS! GO PHINS!

53. Rhino says:

Been up since 6:00 am. Butterflies in stomach I’m so excited, nervous, worried, fired up…. I want us to be GREAT, and I don’t want to see something to counter that. Let’s get a big WIN and stay healthy. 🙂

54. twicethethe says:

RIP Moses Malone – tremendous player

55. Rhino says:

HOWIE…. if you are gleaning scores… I think you missed mine yesterday:

Dolphins 27… Skins 3

56. twicethethe says:

Also – GO PHINS!

57. Try Pod says:

Moses Malone died.

Alrighty. Time to get my drinking started! 🍹🏈

just like a woman. i keep refreshing and refreshing and still no boobs in the article.

hhhmmmm….i never knew rhino’s ate butterflies.

Parker is active Try

Mando tweeted that he is expected to play

Tanny 3 TD’s & 0 int’s.
    Dolphins D records 6 sacks, 2 FR, 3 INT’s.
    Millertime runs for 135yds 1 TD.
    Ballpark Franks hits on both FG’s, 1 over 50.

Last Call…got 15, would like a few more, as much as 20 players: You got till 12:55 to make picks.

Join our FREE 10th Annual Yahoo Pro Pick’em for serious playa’s!
    Great group of pickers in this office pool format league each year.

It is not fantasy football!

Just quickly pick the straight up winners (no spread) for each week, MNF total points is the tiebreaker.

Several Dol-Fans have already joined. Come on in, the water is fine.

Pigskin Pick’n & BeerHogs
    Group ID# 32074
    Password: beer

See you playa’s on the Gridiron!

he looks ready!

67. ocalahowie says:

Got it Rhino

My trotters are shaking

69. ocalahowie says:

I’m liking Boomer again
    HELL YEAH!!!

70. jetsssuck says:

RIP
    Moses Malone, a three-time NBA MVP and one of basketball’s most ferocious rebounders, died Sunday. Damn guy was only 60

lol, boober esiason just said the fins based on their schedule are legit SB contenders…….i had no idea they let you drink on the nfl today set

Go Phins!!! Go Sam!!!!

73. ocalahowie says:

Thats sad and only 60
    I figured he was older than that. He was playing like 20 years before I was born

LMFAO

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly · 16h16 hours ago
    NOW I know why the hotel check-in guy was giving me “the eye.” There’s a drag queen ball at my hotel tonight. Awkward!

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Bills TE Charles Clay had his knee drained “at least six times” with the Dolphins last season, and that doctors are “concerned about longevity.”
    The issue immediately resurfaced with the Bills, as Clay had a “nagging” injury throughout camp. It raises questions about the bidding war Buffalo engaged in for Clay’s services, ultimately giving him a five-year, $38 million deal. Per Schefter, one doctor predicted Clay wouldn’t be able to have “much beyond one productive season in Buffalo.”
    _____________________________________
    WOW, glad we lost the bidding war & got Cameron!

76. ocalahowie says:

When I didnt see Wilfork the other night I just figured he finally retired.
    I guess we’ll be seeing him at least one more time
    GO PHINS!!!

T minus 15 mins

Tim, great & encouraging news on your cousin Sam…I’ve prayed several times for him & his loved ones.

Stella in one trotter

I have 2 concerns for the game today, Lamike fumbling on STs and the speed of the ‘Skins WRs. Maybe LaMike fumbling is a good thing, in an easy game we should win no matter what, maybe it takes him off of the team. Have I mentioned yet how much I dislike him 😉

finfanrob says:

September 13, 2015 at 12:34 pm

———————————
    I made a comment earlier today about idiotic things make sports writers/reporters say, this is what I’m talking about. How does the schedule make a team a SB contender?

82. ocalahowie says:

CC and they never miss a beat
    N*E* that is

Lot of Dolfans in DC

Some say 40%

84. Try Pod says:

I’m in front of a tv- didn’t know if I was going to be able to watch the game today, with the funeral and family in town. I am more pumped for this game than I thought I was going to be. Please make this a season to remember, Dolphins!

85. ocalahowie says:

drg 23-13 MIA
    UK 27-16 MIA
    Twice 27-20 MIA
    Rock 31-16 MIA
    Rhino 27-3 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

I like Fouts on our games

steve,

that was my point in calling him boober. it was just stupid. especially his basis being they dont play any good qb’s the first 8 games or so. it was idiotic thinking

88. Try Pod says:

Live blog today?

Twice, can you do that chat thing? 🙂

Glad to know Sam is doing better.

Herd,
    thanks for the link!

STAT to REMEMBER: Last season, the pride of Florida Atlantic University, Washington’s Alfred Morris, was tied for 3rd in the NFL with 9 runs for more than 20 yards from scrimmage, playing behind one of the WORST O-Lines in the NFL. If Morris breaks a big run today, or runs for more than 100 yards, we are in a dogfight to the end. Our run defense MUST CONTAIN MORRIS to less than 70 yards, in my opinion, to force the Skins to throw the ball most of the time. The key to stopping Washington’s offense is STOPPING ALFRED MORRIS!!!!

Not happnin today od

Ok, I’mma gonna try to do this myself…we’ll see. 🙂

Ok, new blog, Live Chat!

D looking rusty.I HATE chop blocks

New Age says:
    September 13, 2015 at 1:06 pm

D looking rusty.I HATE chop blocks

or just looking over hyped

oh well, so much for run defense.

98. ocalahowie says:

wHERE IS THIS d every told me about
    lETS SEE HOW BED OUR OFFENSE IS SOON

SO FAR: SAME OLD PROBLEMS. MIAMI can’t stop the run. And Miami could NOT get 1 yard on 2 tries!! –But it’s STILL ultra-early!! And Morris already has about 35 yards!!!

Herd wasnt working for me missed too much play. May try later

Ugly win