Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Season Week 6

ASKMIKELogo

As I sat down to write this weeks article, after deciding this week would be a bad week to try and extract questions from the group, I thought to myself, “What am I going to write about today?” So many unknowns, a new HC in place, a team that seems to have played worse than the apparent talent on it, so what do I say. Do I take a positive spin on the season, or a negative one. I’ve decided to do a little of both.

The good news is, the Dolphins finally realized that Joe Philbin is not the leader they needed going forward. I’ve felt that way for quite some time as you all know, but always hoped for the best. The bad news is, even with Joe Philbin gone, and hyped up, physically imposing Dan Campbell in, the players that were here underachieving for Joe, and making excuses are still in uniform, on the active roster, and will be donning those uniforms this Sunday against the Titans in Tennessee. Although I blame Joe for a lack of fire, and certainly not enough accountability, I still feel the players should have enough drive to go out there and do their job with passion, whether they agree with the scheme, or the coach, or the GM, or the owner. They get paid the big bucks to play, yes play a game, and to not be prideful enough to give your all for yourself, and your teammates is inexcusable.

Joe Philbin

Oh boy, these players just don’t get me . . .

Oct. 5, 2015 - Davie, FL, USA - Miami Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell speaks during a press conference on Monday, Oct. 5, 2015, at the Dolphins training center in Davie, Fla. Campbell was announced as interim head coach after the Dolphins fired head coach Joe Philbin (Photo by Hector Gabino/Zuma Press/Icon Sportswire)

These players will get me, or I’ll run the Oklahoma drills on their face!

We’re 1-3, and of course, the New England Patriots are in 1st place at 4-0, followed by the New York Jets at 3-1, and then the Buffalo Bills at 3-2. We’ve already lost once to the Bills and Jets, leaving us 0-2 in the division. The Patriots and Jets are 1-0, the Bills 1-1. While we’ve only played 4 games, it’s a deep hole to start. OK, some good news! Outside our division, if you’re hoping like hell we can somehow get a Wild Card berth, the future looks brighter outside our division. Take away 1st place teams like the 5-0 Bengals, the 3-2 Indianapolis Colts, and the 5-0 Denver Broncos, and the rest of the AFC, with the exception of the Pittsburgh Steelers who are 3-2, are under .500. The Titans are 1-3, while the Jaguars and Texans are each 1-4. The Raiders and Chargers are 2-3, while the Chiefs are 1-4.

So where do we go from here? What do we need to improve on to become a contender, at least for a Wild Card? Big picture, we’re 28th in the NFL on Offense, and we’re 29th on defense. Suh is here! Devante Parker is here! Jordan Cameron is here! Kenny Stills is here! None of the above have made an impact on this team. So how do we change this? First of all, on the offensive side of the ball, Dan Campbell better run an Oklahoma drill on Bill Lazor’s face if he doesn’t relent from his PASS-PASS-PASS-PUNT mentality. While this much maligned O-line has looked absolutely putrid, what can get them fired up and more confident than imposing their will and running the ball down another teams throats? Time to make a concerted effort and RUN-THE-BALL. Our 24YO RB who ran for 1099 yards last year with a 5.1 YPC average has 37 rushing attempts FOR THE SEASON! Not 1 game, FOUR games! He’s averaging a way below career average 3.5 YPC, and has no rushing TD’s. I wish I could say it was because another RB has picked up the slack, but Jonas Gray, who basically has had action in one game is 2nd on the team with 10 carries. Are you kidding me? Just for fun, Ryan Tannehill is 3rd, and Jarvis Landry is 4th , with 8 carries, and 5 carries respectively. See a problem here?

Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller (26) at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida on December 28, 2014. (Allen Eyestone / The Palm Beach Post)

Gimme the damn ball!

On offense, it all starts with the run game for me. That’s been the biggest weakness, and due to the lack of commitment to the run game, our offense is one dimensional, and with the our less than average O-line, there is too much pressure on that unit to succeed. Branden Albert hasn’t been healthy, and his replacement at LT, Jason Fox hasn’t been either, and both have played very poorly. LG Dallas Thomas has struggled mightily. C Mike Pouncey has been OK, but when water starts pouring through the dam, one brick can only do so much. RG Jamil Douglas has struggled as well, as I expected. What I didn’t expect is RT Ju’Wuan to go backwards, way backwards after such an impressive rookie season. Our O-line is pathetic, and now we need to try and mask it somewhat by running the ball. Give these guys some confidence, and if they can’t get it done, find someone else on the roster that can!

On defense, thankfully Coyle was removed. We need to be more aggressive. It seems we can’t get 100% agreement from anyone as to what type of scheme we’ve been running “2 gap” “Read and React”, but whatever it was, it clearly wasn’t working. One place where I do believe we have legit talent is on the D-line. Suh, Mitchell, Wake and Vernon. Wake’s injury has really limited his effectiveness, to the point where he doesn’t even belong on the field. If Suh is really being double and triple teamed every play, it’s impossible that no one else can win a one-on-one battle, but we haven’t. We have plenty of differing opinions here, but mine is clearly that Suh has played well. We need him to be a beast, and he’s been tame. Maybe Philbin’s exit and Campbell’s entrance will awake the beast. Regardless of what Suh does, where is Earl Mitchell, Olivier Vernon, Terence Fede and especially Cam Wake? WTF Cam, if you’re hurt that bad, sit out the game and let an able bodied player play. It’s insane! 4 games, ZERO TACKLES, ZERO SACKS, 1 assist. GTFOOH!

Suh

I need to be a BEAST!!!!

If any of you have seen the 1977 movie “One on One”, with Robbie Benson, we need to “Pull the stops out” Incidentally, if you’re of fetal age like D, there’s no shot you’ve seen that movie, so I’ll explain the context. In the movie “One on One”, Robbie Benson plays Henry Steele, a HS basketball player from a small town in Colorado, recruited by a big college “Western University” in Los Angeles. Henry struggles with both the academics and the physicality of the college game, Henry is a slightly built but talented guard. The coach G.D. Spradlin plays Coach Moreland Smith (Same guy who played the HC in “North Dallas Forty”) tires of Henry’s struggles as he’s on a 4YR full scholarship, and tries to intimidate Henry to in order to make him renounce his scholarship. Here’s a clip from the movie, but I couldn’t find the “Pull the stops out” video, which I’ll get to later.

Henry feels frustrated with his play, so he asks his roommate and friend on the team for help, who gives him some pills, likely amphetamines, and and during practice, Steele (under the influence) at first starts to make some fantastic plays, but as he succumbs to the drug, he becomes out of control until he is escorted out of the practice by his friend. They play a very seventies-esque song call “Pull the stops out” to accompany the scene. My best pal Scott and I both love that movie, there are some classic lines we always bring up, like one would from Goodfellas, or any classic movie. Anyway, we do need to pull the stops out, and being conservative in any way should be thrown out the window. these are desperate times my friends, and the window of opportunity for this season is closing fast. But it ain’t closed yet, and a win against the Titans is the place to start.

The Titans are also 1-3, and also desperate as we will be, so it could be a wild and wacky game. Neither team can afford another loss, so I expect a hard fought game, with at least one surprise play from both teams. I hope Dan has his team ready to compete, because they haven’t really competed hard in any game this year, including the win against Washington. Son’s buddy Kirk Cousins gift-wrapped that one for us. Time to show some pride, and and fight hard, and it’s amazing sometimes what that can lead to. GO DOLPHINS!!!!
And now for the babe of the week . . .

Wonder Woman Complete Series DVD UK Box Set Lynda Carter (Pictures by dvdbash.wordpress.com)

Aside | This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

752 Responses to Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Season Week 6

SHIT!

GO CUBS!

4. jetsssuck says:

This may be their year.I hope you guys are recording this because it does not happen often.

awww the mets won. sorry for troll boy. but the mets won

ocalarob says:
    October 15, 2015 at 11:30 pm

GO CUBS!

wow why am i not shocked about that. can you be more desperate for attention.

ok breaking my own rules. but really, you admin guys really want trollie here.

congrats to mike and tim and you guys. i am happy for you guys.

Tim didn’t Murphy score after that stolen base? that may have been the difference

It was a huge blunder on the part of the Dodgers. That made it 2-2. The Mets also suffered two poor fielding plays by Conforto and Flores. It was an evenly matched game and the Mets came out on top by one run. It was a fun game, plenty of drama. 😉

Alright Mets! It’s really nice to cheer for a team that actually makes the playoffs- it’s been far too infrequent with my teams lately.

9. Try Pod says:

Let’s go Cubbies! 1nytd1tg!

LET’S GO METS!!!

Gritty win last night!

It’s still early in the playoffs, there’s a whole 7 game series to be played, but Yoenis Cespedes is slowly making it easier on me, knowing it’s unlikely that we’ll sign him.

Metsies, Metsies, Metsies!!!

LMAO!!!!

Helloooo, can anyone please give me directions or a link to a Dolphins blog. I somehow accidentally ended up here on a Mutts blog. 😯

GDP

I’ve been there before, but damn, it’s been a while, so gimme a break! 😉

I’m happy to see the Mets and Cubs in the NLCS. I knew going into these playoffs the Cards weren’t going deep so I was just hoping it wouldn’t be the Dodgers. Cubs fans are the longest suffering and it’s been 30 years for the Mets so it’s nice to see some long time fans be rewarded.

You have to feel for Cubs fans, it’s been 107 years!

Kong, your Cards have had such success in recent years you can handle not going all the way.

I’m going to enjoy this series but I know the Cubs are going to be tough to beat. We were 0-7 against them this year even though we’re a different team now. It will come down to how well the Mets pitch.

Cards have won enough recently….so based on that, the long suffering Cubbie fans deserve a WS win so they can all die peacefully 😀

That was great. I had to go watch it on my phone. Awesome!!! I was doing similar things, I just didn’t video it.

It’s time for Harvey to step up, and pitch like the pitcher he thinks he is. Enough drama, just go out and win a frigging game!

I think the drama has been overblown by the media. Nothing he’s done has affected me as a fan. I think sports has gone too much TMZ.

Yes and no. He should have came out and said I will pitch whenever my team needs me right from the start.

#rambotogether

I stopped picking Dolphins scores last week and we didn’t lose, so I will continue to sit out this week.

I don’t care how long it’s been for the Cubs. Why would I? The Cubs used to be in the Mets division and they were heated rivals.

For us fans of teams no longer in it, we gotta pick someone. Lots of time that comes to who you get a feel for. Personally, I hope either the Mets or Cubs take it all but I only include the Mets in that cause I grew up watching their games.

“I can kill’em all, I can kill you. On in Twitter Town you’re the law, In Davie it’s me. Don’t push it! Don’t push it or I’ll give you a war you won’t believe. Let it go. Let it go!”

—– Campbell from his first one-on-one interview with Omar.

This sort of thing goes on all over the country when dealing with discrimination of any kind. Here’s the deal, you cannot violate the rights of others or you pay the price. Not here though, you’re just not allowed in the city. Are you fucking kidding me?

• Try Pod says:

Fear- it’s the way people, who are afraid, act/react.

As a country, we need to promote and enforce the idea that you CANNOT violate the rights of others. You even see it at sporting events where people think it’s okay to throw shit at people or punch them in the face. WTF?

24. jetsssuck says:

A RETIREE’S LAST TRIP TO PUBLIX SUPERMARKET
    Yesterday I was Publix (our large food chain in Florida) buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pets, Owen and Dolittle, the Wonder Dogs and was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.
    What did she think I had an elephant?
    So because I’m retired and have little to do, on impulse, I told her that no, I didn’t have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again.
    I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I’d lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.
    I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way that it works is, to load your pants pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.
    The food is nutritionally complete, (certified), so it works well and I was going to try it again.
    (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)
    Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me?
    I told her no, I had stopped to pee on a fire hydrant and a car hit me.
    I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.
    Publix won’t let me shop there anymore.
    Better watch what you ask retired people.
    They have all the time in the World to think of crazy things to say.

25. ukfinfan says:

Please Sir = one of the greatest films made. Sidney Poitier was simply outstanding in it.

LMAO @ jetssuck, and also at GDP. Uh-oh! lol

LOL @ UK

29. jetsssuck says:

getterdone says:
    October 16, 2015 at 11:30 am

Jestssuck, you should be banned from this blog for plagiarism! SMH

This is from 2013:
    ——————————————————
    Now, Now I got this from a friend through email. I have never plagiarized anyone, knowingly. I know what the definition is of plagiarism is, as many of you don’t. But, I can post a definition if you guys want.

No thanks, save us from that dissertation please….lol

We all know what plagiarism means. Let’s not get all haughty.

BTW, you should have credited your friend for forwarding you the long standing joke that’s been on several internet sites.

• jetsssuck says:

that site only has one joke I’m impressed that you could find it. I’m not sure about mentioning my friend for credit since he didn’t write it. He just forwarded it to me and mentioned please feel to forward this.

30. ukfinfan says:

Time to go in search of a few adult beverages for me shortly. Have a great weekend all and let’s hope it’s crowned with a Fins win. I went to see them at the Titans several season’s ago and they lost 35-7. That was painful. I must get round to updating my “why I became a fan” one of these days – maybe in January when we are eliminated from the play-offs and news is a bit thin on the ground?
    Go Fins
    FU

UK

I knew you would know “To Sir with Love”. It’s my favorite movie ever.

32. ukfinfan says:

Best player on our team right now. All heart, all effort and leading by example.
    UK out.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    Everyone present and practicing for the Dolphins today. Grimes, Albert appear to be on track to play Sunday.
    __________________
    Great news, everyone present and accounted for sir. Only thing missing now is a W!

Mike and UK, why does To Sir, with Love make you guys cry?

I must have seen this movie at some point, I just can’t remember.

Not really cry, just tears welling in my eyes. It’s a very touching movie.

Sidney Poitier is an engineer by trade, that gets laid off in England. He takes a job as a teacher in a school of students with disciplinary issues. I don’t want to say any more, if you plan on seeing it.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 1h1 hour ago
    Happy Friday! Start your wknd with a fun swimsuit gallery. Check out @MDC_Alison’s new album http://www.dolphinscheerleaders.com/chow/alison-3

October 16, 2015 at 10:13 am (Edit)
    You have to feel for Cubs fans, it’s been 107 years!

I used to have a Cubs T shirt that said “if it takes forever…”

Mike E & UK watching a movies together

If that was the end of “To Sir With Love”, could be.

LOL

Mike E: This movie does it to me every time, mate.
      UK: Your bloody right you barmy cunt.
      Mike E: I don’t see the reason for vulgar language.
      UK: Do you want me to box your ears you duff bender?
      Mike E: I’d rather you not.
      UK: Well then, stop being a Nancy boy and get me another pint.
      Mike E: Fuck off!
      UK: I’m sorry mate.
      Mike E: Let’s hug!
      UK: Not my cup of tea, mate.
      Mike E: I didn’t say let’s fuck.
      UK: Just get me another pint, I want to be on the piss.
      Mike E: Whateves!

38. jetsssuck says:

I have a friend that worked for Globe Communications (tabloid) that worked at the building in Boca Raton that was anthraxed 2011 and he used to listen to all the cubs games on radio during work because they didn’t have lights yet.He was the most loyal Cubs fans that I know. I was in that building 2 weeks before they were poisoned with anthrax. They didn’t let me upstairs where he worked because he wasn’t there that day.

39. jetsssuck says:

any of you guys remember the big boob lady that was made famous because of her stature and because they used to show her at baseball games. She was at the Globe Tabloids HQ in Boca Raton and my friend went downstairs to greet her and do interview. In the old days one used to gain publicity by showing up at newspapers agencies or HQ’s.

LMAO!! at the dog food diet story. That literally made me laugh out loud in the office.

howie,
    21-17 miami. The main reason I think miami will win is that Albert is gonna play. I think having albert gives tanny a lot more confidence.

If I see Albert have to leave the game and go to the sidelines one more time while on offense, then I’ll throw the tv out of my 1st floor window……lol

• BoulderPhinfan says:

his ass better play healthy the rest of season. Albert was a hickey signing so if he gets some bullshit hamstring injury again its on hickey.

It’s not Hickey’s fault he got his knee rolled up on last year. The hammy can some times be a result of compensating. I give Albert a lot of credit for working his way back as quickly as he has.

LOL.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    Dan Campbell jokes he doesn’t want to “throw up on his shoes” Sunday.

44. Al in MIA says:

Dan Campbell back in the day….

45. jetsssuck says:

here’s the movie

tim,
    Albert has been injury prone for a while now. That’s why the chiefs drafted a LT with their first pick 2 years ago and let him go. No one lets a LT that you can count on leave.
    He’s very important to this team. When he plays we play better as a team. Just look at last year when he got injured. And yes its on Hickey for taking this guy if he’s injured again this year. He’s taking a lot of our salary cap sitting on a bench with a bullshit injury. The ACL tear wasn’t his fault. That can happen to anyone. But the hamstring issue is on him. We lost to the Jets because he didn’t play. PLay through pain or GTFOH.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

BTW its great to back states side so I can blog with you all regularly 🙂

I get all that. But Hickey didn’t sign a guy off a blown knee. He signed a guy who had some bumps and bruises here and there like half the rest of the league. The hamstring injury could absolutely be a result of the knee rehab and not being able to condition the way he would normally do. Let’s hope he’s getting past it and has a good season the rest of the way.

Al, cool pic of Campbell above.
    I wonder if he’ll sneak in sometime to watch Satan & his Red Tide @ A & M on sat.

Muppets

GDP,
    I guess you could say I’m more dan Campbell than Joe Philbin. 🙂

If I was Campbell I’d me worried about more than just the shoes (sorry Jahn).

51. Al in MIA says:

Always funny when it happens on the field

James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL
    MIA’s Mike Pouncey said when he showed up to work last wk and saw Dan Campbell’s truck in HC parking spot, “That’s when I knew it got real.”
    _______________________________
    Shit just got real!

53. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Guess it got real for Pouncey when he saw the bulls balls 🙂

I wanna see 45 guys like this on our sideline Sunday!

Just talked to Chef Warren. He’s thinking about Wet-aged and then smoked NY Strip thinly sliced on some nice rolls as the feature dish, with a couple designer sauces to add on at the pre-game fest. Yeah the dude can cook.

You guys cool with that at the tailgate?

• jetsssuck says:

damn that sounds gr8. What’s wet aged and then smoked ny strip. I went to cooking school and I never heard of this.

Assume you know what wet-aged. The NY strip is going to be in plastic with his favorite spices for a few days. Then he is going to long smoke for another day or two (he bought a smoker like six months ago and is going crazy with it). Maybe he made the technique up, but he said he did the same for his dinner club a few weeks ago and was bragging about how it turned out.

• jetsssuck says:

got it.I may have missed that class.

Sounds delish!

Man, MMA fighter Travis Browne is dating Ronda Rousey and this is his wife he’s divorcing.

‘I wanna see 45 guys like this on our sideline Sunday!’

what do you mean that was the effort they were giving…………….completely faking things.

if you are going to run thru a wall to show how tough you are dont cut out the drywall first.

Smoked NY Strip sounds yummers!!!!!!!

getterdone says:
    October 16, 2015 at 3:46 pm

LOL, I saw that….was poorly shot trying to disguise it.

lol yep and then it breaks away in a perfect square. the sad thing about it is that guy is huge and probably could run through drywall but goes and makes a pussy move by cutting it out

October 16, 2015 at 3:55 pm

hot ain’t everything. There is also day by day.

and something about a woman with fake boobs, peroxide hair and looks like that just screams the day by day is not any fun and a whole hell of a lot of maintenance. it usually isnt worth it for the 30 or 45 seconds of fun

Here’s the ex again, Jenna Renee Webb. Howdy there country gal 😛

getterdone says:
    October 16, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Yeah, keep telling yourself that as you are stuck with Ken and his green ass.

i have no problem taking his green ass over a HMB.

Remember Jenna is a fitness model, she gets paid to look good.

But she doesn’t get paid what Rhonda has been getting & will continue to get paid….so therein lies the rub….lol

October 16, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Remember Jenna is a fitness model, she gets paid to look good.

yeah i know that. and i dont know if she is a HMB or not, just saying the type usually is. adding that fitness just means no wings and fries to boot.

the best kind of party

66. Try Pod says:

I don’t know who the first blonde is (the one in the bikini), nor do I go for bottle blondes, and I realize their has been some work done on the picture… But she is stunning. 😰

Beautiful

68. jetsssuck says:

here’s something 4u getterdone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-37
    In June 1984, the squadron’s primary mission was changed to close air support in preparation for its deployment to MCAS Iwakuni as part of the Marine Corps Unit Deployment Program. The deployment of the two Navy attack squadrons was designed to test the interoperability of the Marine Corps and Navy.
    The bulls helped train marine fighter squadron

69. Al in MIA says:

As it relates to earlier discussion on hot pics…..my two cents is that women always seem less hot once you bang them :/.

October 16, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Beautiful

beyond words

Al in MIA says:
    October 16, 2015 at 5:24 pm

fits right with, every time you see a beautiful woman some where there is some guy tired of fucking her.

What’s the definition of an insomniac, dyslexic agnostic? Someone who can’t sleep at night, wondering if there really IS a Dog.

I didn’t do my homework last night, there’s no more sonshine to blow up your asses.

The Finsiders ‏@TheFinsiders 6m6 minutes ago
    Griese: “We still have 12 games left, we can still have a good year…that’s the mindset the players have to have and will have.”

Whatever happened with the Miko arrest thing? Did she really lose her job as a radio host? I thought she was paid to be obnoxious and annoying.

Opposing QBs have a 75.7 passer rating when throwing in Michael Thomas area. Walt Aikens has a 125.5 rating.

I cried at Tim’s video @ 4:43PM too.

Kong

BriNY 31-17MIA
    UK 24-17 TEN
    Rock 27-13 TEN
    Al 20-17 MIA
    WE’RE GOOD!!!

81. ocalahowie says:

I knew that lady was fucked up in the head the moment I saw that Birthday cake a few years ago and the topper was seeing in the stands shooting the birds at whoever we where playing.
    I hope that piece of shit gets 6 months!

82. ocalahowie says:

And knowing a mans love for his woman, Brent will likely be taking his Miko show to another city next season…

October 16, 2015 at 6:27 pm

I cried at Tim’s video @ 4:43PM too.

its the people that dont cry at that you have to be very very worried about.
    on a side note it didnt make me cry

Rob

Your tear ducts may be blocked. You might need some punctal plugs.

And so it begins!

YOUNG STANGER; TWO THINGS. #1 Orange Lot parking passes were only good for the distant cash lot or the lots way over by the Turnpike underpass for the Buffalo game. That’s about a mile from the entrance.to the stadium. IN response to my complaint to the Dolphins, my ticket rep said”We’ve received TONS of complaints on that issue. Things will be DIFFERENT next game. ” When I asked him “HOWE will they be different?” he answered that he didn’t know because mangement was STILL WORKING ON IT!” SO I have NO IDEA where the gang should plan to meet at the stadium. The old location (W24, Orange Lot) was NOT AVAILABLE with an Orange lot parking pass BUT that may change with the Houston game.
    ———
    #2: Directions to D and B?? I asked you about 4-5 days ago. Perhaps I missed your response.–I’ve got to work this weekend in Lakeland, although I will be home after dinner both Sat. night and Sunday night. The map D and B provided on the internet LACKED STREET NAMES and was totally useless.

Seifert: The 10 reasons why the Patriots and Colts hate each other

1) Because the patriots cheat.
    2) Because the patriots cheat.
    3) Because the patriots cheat.
    4) Because the patriots cheat.
    5)…
    10) See 1-9

Then insert the other 30 teams in the league in place of the Colts. Why do the owners allow Goodell to keep his job,
    this BS won’t stop until he’s gone.

Oh for Godsakes Mike, fuck the mets 😉

getterdone says:

October 16, 2015 at 6:23 pm

———————

And yet Coyle still played Aikens as much as he did.

It’s the kind a rating you give up when you get beat deep too often.

That’s a horrible meaningless stat. Think about it? When throwing in his area. So what if the QB only threw in his area 5 times in 4 games and completed all of them? Well he threw there because that was the time his guy was open and he got beat. What about the other 250+ plays? Maybe he had his area covered and was never contested.

Our pass defense isn’t as bad as it looks because of the run defense being so poor – which is also due to the offense having a horrible TOP game. Clean that up and I think our secondary can make plays. In fact they have stopped the bleeding a few times to keep us in the game only to watch the offense shit the bed with most of their opportunities. Complimentary football.

I messed up my numbers. I mixed 4 games and 8 games in the same comment. I’m having a few beers. LOL

I hope you get the gist. 🙂

What’s that about the Mets? 🙂

FUCK them 😉

Dude, I’m looking forward to watching this team just be in the playoffs. I think the Cubs are a tall order and the only way we win is our young arms dominate. Or our bats go crazy but there are too many guys slumping and being overmatched for that right now. We’ll see.

I didn’t even think this team was a playoff team going into the season. I thought the hype was exaggerated. But I couldn’t foresee the moves they made nor was I sure they would actually pull it off. So it’s been a great surprise and a lot of fun and that’s all it is. I was a Mets fan before I was a Dolphins fan. Baseball was my first game.

Go Mets! 🙂

mike

i appreciate the offer. but those are the plugs i use.

October 16, 2015 at 9:28 pm

either way it is great that those two teams are in the playoffs. it is going to be fun to watch. i have no care of either team. i like the cubs cause of joe madden i like the mets cause of you and mike. for both or your sakes i will pull for the cubs.

LOL, it’s just fun it really is. I think we’ll see these two teams in the playoffs for years to come because of their young talent. The Mets with their young arms and the Cubs with their young talented lineup and position players, and Arrieta. A new yet old rival may be happening and that’s fun.

mike

and in all honesty every one of those types of homecomings. gets to me every single time. how can it not. i said this a bit ago. i hated traveling for business being away from my kids for a few days, i cant fathom at all how not only deployed for months at a time but in a situation that at any point you could die. just the utmost of respect for the brave men and women who do that.

Geez OD, then try this one or else go by the stars. 😉

tim,

yes it is, i get you are a fan of the mets, but from my stand point just fun seeing two old time baseball teams with the past of being the jinxed ones in the playoffs. it will be a fun series to watch.

Yeah, it was the Cubs who had the 9 game lead heading into August only to have the Amazings steal it from them and go onto win the WS. I was only 4 but that’s how my family made me a Mets fan.

But the Cubs were also annoying to us in 1984 like the Cards were in 1985 until we ran away with it in 1986. Those are the rivalries that stuck with me. The Pirates at times too. The Expos also gave us fits at times. LOL

October 16, 2015 at 9:45 pm

You’re watching pure love. It’s the nicest feeling. Don’t get dirty fuckface. LOL

nope, never. you should know i wouldnt. and you are right. like i said just going away for a few days and when i got him how my kids would great me was wonderful. i cant image what they go thru, away for months at a time. and the dangers they face.

GDP: THAT last map you sent me did the trick. Thanks for sending me the information. Hope to see you there!

So is this what we’re looking at?

Starters:

Stang 31-20MIA
    BriNY 31-17MIA
    UK 24-17 TEN
    Rock 27-13 TEN
    Al 20-17 MIA
    WE’RE GOOD!!!

I think Syndergaard might go Sunday. I think they’d prefer him to go, but if he doesn’t fel up to it due to warming up a few times, and pitching that 1 inning, it will be Matz.

• Brian in NY says:

He has to go tomorrow to give us the best chance. I believe he threw less than 15 pitches, so that should affect him much. They usually throw hard on the third day after a start anyway.

I think Syndergaard would start before Degrom in that scenario.

But he pitched the other night and also threw 100 warm up pitches as he got up 3 different times.

Maybe because he’s young and a big dude he can handle it, I don’t know.

This should get Mets fans pumped up! LOL

That’s great. All Gary Cohen said is that Murphy makes a lot of questionable decisions and some boneheaded plays, which is absolutely true, but the video is funny as hell anyway.

103. jetsssuck says:

I hope u guys are video recording the games so you can rewatch it when your 60-70. Usually these are once in a lifetime event.

104. jetsssuck says:

OD-95 south to stirling road exit.Turn left at light then oakwood plaza is on right

jetssuck

I have DirecTV like you do. What are the odds that I still have the same DVR 10 years from now?

• jetsssuck says:

How do you record to the dvr not directv recorder? I’m still trying to find the decimal on the remote control you know they have channels like 6217.2. My wife popped up on the tv one day and scared me, I can’t figure how she did it. Everything was so simple back in the day.

• Try Pod says:

Exactly right. On top of that, AT&T bought directv, which means a likely combining of systems. You also have a lot more fiber optic installation, potential other players (and a reduction of current ones), and potential improvements and advances in technology…

• jetsssuck says:

I used to work with t mobile and the technology has passed me so quickly since my stroke 3 yrs ago. I still talk with the guys but I am lost sometimes talking with them even though I had almost 20 years working in the industry. The certifications to work on other manufacturers equipment was unreal but I am a lot more happier reading 1st graders book.LOL

Rodney Harrion never player with RG3
    He does not know him

Rodney Harrion never player with RG3
    He does not know him personally
    He is not in the Tedkains lockerroom
    He doesn’t know anything about RG3
    He is just kicking some one when they are down – like the vast majority if hacks in sports media are

Former players can be the worst
    People give them credibility bc he used to play the game
    But he doesn’t know rg3 more than either of you guys
    They are all click whores now
    Competitions with sensationalism

108. jetsssuck says:

Paul Lankfort former dolphin now plays for the colts. The Colts drafted 2 DL players to try to overcome the Patriots killing them with the running game the last 4 games. Should be a real good game

109. ocalahowie says:

Another Ex-Fin gonna give us some payback in a few weeks.
    I believe we let all our guys walk to teams we will be facing this year.
    Cant wait to see Will Davis!
    CAN YOU SAY PICK SIX!!
    GO PHINS!!!

Just printing out the Fest tickets……..you guys owe me for a color print cartridge. 🙂

• jetsssuck says:

you know u can buy replacement refilled cartridges on ebay for as low as 5 bucks each instead of 30-40 from retail stores

jetssuck

I’m recording to the DVR in the DirecTV receiver.

Piggy still defending RGIII. LOL

Look at where RGIII is now.

jetsssuck, I have no idea what you’re talking about. Lankfort and now Kendall?

• jetsssuck says:

kendall lankfort plays for colts now. He was second rounder that year who was our 1st rounder. Here’s a clue “Double Down” strategy

Oh okay. Kendall was a 3rd rounder and the 2nd rd was Phillip Merling though he was pick #32 because the Pats lost their 1st due to spygate.

Maybe it just me, but I think the game tmrw will be the most interesting on in a real long time.

The revolution has happened.
    A new and very different leader in place.
    We talking Libya or George Washington?

Here is the sports final Q that stumped the finalists on Jeopordy. Can any of you get it without cheating?

116. ocalahowie says:

Oh well I am sure the Ravens have someone else of ours waiting in the wings and I guess it will be Vontae getting the Pick Six instead.
    Dont Worry Were Still Good!!!

117. ocalahowie says:

Who does the Titans have?

118. ocalahowie says:

A simple mistake
    Paul Langford, Kendall Lankfort
    I was thinking Paul myself when that dude was with us

I know the jeopardy answer. But I saw the show. Is that cheating? I still knew the answer. 🙂

October 17, 2015 at 2:52 pm

i think the answer is fire al golden.

i didnt see the show but i think i know the answer. i have heard a local talk show host say it

October 17, 2015 at 2:41 pm

what do you mean? interesting as they are going to play well? the game is already one of the most interesting in a long time due to the circumstances

Nope — how can it not be memorable given the switch from Philbin to Coach Rambo?

Lets hope it is in the right way…..

123. ocalahowie says:

Well I expect us to KICK some ASS!!!
    but we are only going to win by a few
    Interesting Indeed
    WERE GOOD!!!

mich vs mich st……………coeds bundled up in coats, sweaters and gloves

mia vs v tech………………coeds half naked in the stands.

miami wins every time.

October 17, 2015 at 4:43 pm

well duh, what i was asking. of course this game is memorable, it is a first with a new coach. it would be memorable for any team.

I’m going with the Los Angeles Angels- City of Angels.

Even if you can’t make the game……..maybe you can make the meet-up on Friday.
    We’ll be there staring at six till say ten.
    All you need do is pay for your beverages since food is included.

Dave & Buster’s
    3000 Oakwood Blvd.
    Hollywood, FL 33020
    Phone 954-923-5505

Brian, it looks like you are right with the pitching matchups.

Starters:
    Sat. 17 Harvey
    Sun. 18 Syndergaard

Tues. 20 deGrom
    Wed. 21 Matz (L)
    Thur. 22 Harvey

Sat. 24 Syndergaard
    Sun. 25 deGrom

• Brian in NY says:

Good. That’s the best chance we have in this series.

Awesome avi!

I think I took someone saying Syndergaard threw 100 warm-up pitches too literally. It was probably more like 50-60 and half of them were just having a catch to loosen up. He’ll also have had 2 full days off between when he last threw on Thursday. He probably didn’t throw at all yesterday but will today a little bit just to loosen up and then it’s a night game tomorrow so plenty of hours of rest.

Go Mets!

If there was ever a question that Landry was the go to guy for Tanny (even if I’m still looking for Parker as a got-to in the red zone).

From Berry.
    ——————–

Jarvis Landry, Dolphins: Only Antonio Brown has as many eight-reception games in his past nine (dating back to last season). If you are of the mind that things regress to the mean (and I am), you’ll note that Landry, yes, Jarvis Landry, leads the NFL in red zone targets this season. And of the 18 players with at least seven red zone targets, Landry is the only one without a red zone touchdown. I say that changes Sunday.

Landry is going to be the present and future on offense. But Parker is going to join him at some point and I think that could start this week. 🙂

130. ocalahowie says:

BriNY 31-17MIA
    UK 24-17 TEN
    Rock 27-13 TEN
    Al 20-17 MIA
    WE’RE GOOD!!!

131. jetsssuck says:

wow what a ending for michigan st I have never seen anything like it

132. ocalahowie says:

Thanks Tim
    GO CUBS!

Daniel friggin Murphy!!! He’s playing out of his mind. 🙂

yeah go cubs

(but only cause i want the best for mike and tim)

In watching the ND/USC game it occurred to me that it is quite possible that Dan Hicks and Jim Nantz share the same voice box

wtf, when did the mets sign the unibomber?

Holy crap….a starting pitcher going to the 8th inning? What are the Mets thinking?😏

what the heck up there. how cold is it up there that everyone at the mets game are in jackets and sweaters? what kind of pansies wear jackets in october.

so here is why the college football rankings are a joke. so number 8 fla loses to number 6 lsu at lsu by a td and now instead of the pollsters saying see we got it right and leaving the teams ranked as they had them, it will be all of a sudden the number 10 team in the nation will now be better then the previous number 8 team cause they lose to a team you already said was better then them.

Yeah! Keep it going Let’s go Mets!!!!

FFR…you could have saved yourself some typing and stopped after your first sentence: the college football rankings are ALWAYS a joke

You guys are killin’ me with the Cubs are favored to win the world series 😉

Go read up on sports betting, it only means there’s more money bet on the Cubs, and for other reasons than they’re the best team.

Wow Rob, I don’t know if you’re just messing around as per your norm, but your logic on the college football rankings in mind boggling.

By your logic if a team had a preseason ranking of #10 and they played the top 9 teams in the country the first 9 games and lost all of them, then they should still be #10 😛