Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Season Week 10

ASKMIKELogo

from Darren (DCoral)

Q – Mike as we watch another season head south it brings up an old question,
At times I watch individual players and players in a unit as a whole and it leads to the conclusion that we are still ” two years away from being two years away”
On the other hand there are some very positive things being done on the field and it may be a case of questioning scheme, game plan, adjustments etc.
There have been teams in the NFL that have brought in a new quality coaching staff, made minimal roster changes and are suddenly contending.
So as I scratch my head (common activity regarding this team) I thought well let’s axe Mike,
Are we two years away from being two years away or do we need to gut the front office ?

I don’t think there’s a specific blueprint on “How to Build a Winning NFL Team”, but I’m not sure the way we’ve approached it is the correct path. Lets start with the remnants of the Joe Philbin Miami Dolphins. My viewpoint on the hiring of GM Dennis Hickey was we were trying to find a GM that didn’t want his own HC in place, and therefore, would be willing to accept Joe Philbin, and work with him. Not an insane request, but due to the fact that I never liked Joe Philbin, that was a tough pill for me to swallow. Truth be told, Dennis Hickey hasn’t done a poor job, but the path that brought him here was all wrong. We skipped over what seemed like more qualified candidates to take a guy who was about to be jettisoned from his own organization, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, because he was willing to accept the odd hierarchy we had here in MIA. Don’t get me wrong, other teams have allowed the HC to pretty much handpick the GM, but those were all established, WINNING Head Coaches that deserved and earned to have that right. So what I’m saying is, we built the management of this team in an unorthodox manner.

Then in the off season, we brought in former New York Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum to be the Executive Vice President of Football Operations, who oversees and works along with GM Dennis Hickey. So now, thankfully, Joe Philbin is gone, but the hierarchy we put in place to suit him is still here. Mike Tannenbaum appears to be a guy that Steve Ross trusts and confides in, so it would seem his departure is unlikely. I don’t know how Mr. T feels about Hickey, and like I said, so far he seems to have done a decent job, although it’s important to preface that by saying he was buying groceries for Philbin, and besides Jarvis Landry, I don’t see one player having half the heart Landry has that Hickey/Tannenbaum/Philbin have drafted.

So, I guess what I’m saying is, I don’t think we’re going to tear it ALL down, or blow it ALL up, but but maybe just get a new HC, which of course would likely mean new coordinators and assistants all around. I suppose we might hire a Head Coach who who may decide he wants control over personnel, and the ability to handpick his GM, but I have a feeling we won’t be able to find a coach worthy of that honor. Furthermore, I don’t know if such a coach is even available, or will be available. I don’t think any of the TV personalities are giving up their cushy studio jobs, like Bill Cowher, Brian Billick or Jon Gruden to hit the 120 hour a week grind it can take to be an NFL Head Coach.

As far as being 2 years away from being 2 years away, it most definitely feels that we are. My hope is that if we find the right Head Coach, he can maximize some of the talent we do have on our current roster, and bring in the type of players that have quality and integrity, no-nonsense players that make a roster go. No whiners, no mega-talents that want everything catered to them, but team oriented players who quietly unite the roster. Of course MLB is not the NFL, but the Mets added a few of those type players to their roster, and it payed immediate dividends. Players like Juan Uribe, Kelly Johnson were exactly those type of players. Seasoned veterans who knew what buttons to press with their teammates. We need a few of those. Maybe if we infiltrate the roster with a few of those type players, and solid HC and good coordinators on both sides of the ball, we can get there faster than we think!
______________________________________________

from UK

Q – Ok Mike – gonna give you a broad remit this week – here’s my question.

Why?  🙂

Cheers
UK

Y is a crooked letter. It’s been a tough go being a Dolphins fan, especially the last 15 or 16 years after our Dan the Man left the team. We do get teased an awful lot, not by other NFL fans, but by the promise that things will get better, and that we can make the playoffs, but inevitably, it’s not to be, and we show what we really are, a finesse team that’s not up to playing against the NFL’s tough teams. We are a submissive team, we back down and fold up our tents when a bigger, badder team challenges us. When we find enough players to change that culture, we can finally stop asking why. When we find a coach that inspire the team, and also know how to manage a game, we can stop asking why. I know I’m tired of asking why myself, so much so that I told my wife my Sundays are free if she decides she wants to do something, I’m not going to further waste them in frustration from our team that can’t deliver.
______________________________________________

from Al in Mia

Q – Would you fire Lazor if the Fins O does the same crap vs the Eagles as they’ve been doing the last 2 weeks?
Al, I would have fired Lazor and Coyle the same time Philbin was fired. Obviously, Lazor is being given an opportunity to show if he can turn the ship around, since he only has 1 season under his belt.

I don’t like his style, I don’t like his whole philosophy of being a finesse team. Don’t get me wrong, very few NFL teams can just be a ground and pound team and be successful, but almost every winning NFL team has a solid ground game. We can too, if he just allowed it to happen. Even though our O-line is a finesse group, ZBS instead of a power scheme, we can run block well enough to do well running the ball. Lazor strays from it far too often, and almost refuses to allow the QB to play under center, in a more traditional I-formation on short yardage plays.

The truth is, even if we have success, it will still be the same offense, and the same philosophy. I don’t think Lazor is willing to change. I’d love to have been around when Campbell met with Lazor, and told him I want you to incorporate more QB play under center, and I want you to bring a FB into play on some run plays. I could just imagine how Lazor accepted those things, probably as willing as having his prostate checked.
______________________________________________

So here we stand, Dolphins fans, at 3-5, 0-4 in the division, and I know all of you know that, but the 0-4 against our division is a sobering statement. Every year, as the NFL dictates, we play divisional rivals twice. If you can’t win about half of those games, you’re most likely not a playoff contender. Of course there is still a chance we can win 2 of them but if you look at our team, and look at our division rivals, which team are we going to beat, the Jets or the Patriots? I suppose we can beat the Jets, but the Jets are a much more complete team. They play defense more often than not, and they can both run the ball and throw it. Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker are a solid WR duo, and Chris Ivory is a very good downhill runner that runs with ferocity. The secondary has been a disappointment, but S Calvin Pryor has been in and out of the lineup with injuries, but it was expected that with Revis, Cromartie and Buster Skrine, that no one would be able to throw on the Jets, and that hasn’t been the case.

I’m not sure Dan Campbell is the guy yet. I haven’t ruled him out, but it’s clear he has deficiencies in game management, and game strategy, despite his ability to rally and inspire his team. I think it’s important that his team like him, but even more important that they respect him. Losing doesn’t necessarily instill respect and confidence from your team, so we may be looking for a new Head Coach come the end of the season.

I’m still going to the Fest next year, even if we suck, because I know the company will be outstanding! Looking forward to seeing all of you again!
______________________________________________
And now for the babe of the week . . .

Jennifer Connelly

Aside | This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

325 Responses to Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Season Week 10

1. ocalahowie says:

Its that time of week again and I hear the NFC east is just as bad as we are
    We might be able to win this
    DOLPHINS-EAGLES
    Howie 23-17 MIA
    WERE NOT GOOD!!!

2. Try Pod says:

Classic Mike- just classic!
    And some fairly decent answers, too.

Howie, No we are not good, but I feel one of those fools gold games coming on. The Dolphins get the running game going well and Tannehill is sharp.

32-24 mia

4. Try Pod says:

O’Howie,
    31-13 P hins H orrible I ndefinitely

Howie
    dolphins 27
    Eagles 14

JUST TERRIFIC, MIKE!! I’m sure I speak for almost everyone on this site when I say THANK YOU for all your efforts!! They are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
    ——————————-
    The #1 thing Ross needs to do is to hire a coach who is good enough to have earned the right to say “I’ll coach your team IF I can have TOTAL CONTROL. I get to pick my GM; I get to pick the director of player personnel. I get to bring in whomever I believe will make this franchise a winner because I KNOW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN YOU DO!” – – So far Ross has REFUSED such requests in the past because he believes Peterson and T-Baum know more about footbal than any potential head coach. THIS IS THE FATAL FLAW IN ROSS’s APPROACH TO RUNNING THE TEAM!!! – – The ONLY truly successful head coach in Dolphins’ history HAD TOTAL CONTROL OF THE TEAM – – The one and only DON SHULA!! – – Too bad ROSS does not believe in this concept. And as long as Ross clings to this concept, we’ll NEVER have the kind of team we wish we had. —STEVE ROSS IS THE PROBLEM!!!

Yes, I know, several teams have won Super Bowls with coaches who DID NOT have total control. But NONE OF THOSE TEAMS were owned by Steve Ross. –Ross just sucks when it comes to picking top advisers. THAT’s WHY the franchise is failing. –If Ross would let a top flight coach do the picking, we’d be in better shape. But Ross still clings tro the concept THAT HE KNOWS BEST who to pick to run the team. However, his W-L record says otherwise!!!

• jetsssuck says:

so what your saying is don shula sucks, dan marino sucks, an nat moore sucks along with several others because they are on the advisory board.

HOWIE–!!!— 23-17 Philly

Howie
    27-21 Fins

Thanks OD!

Howie

I don’t really know what to do about the score of this game, because both teams are sucky underachieving squads, but I guess I have to pick a score, so . . . .

PHI 28 – MIA 20

OD,

So if that is your suggestion above, and Ross is unable to pick the right GM or Director of Football Operations in your mind, how is he then able to pick the coach who is “good enough”?

I don’t know if Ross is still listening to Carl Peterson, or if Mike Tannenbaum is now Ross’s confidant, but if it’s Tannenbaum, he won’t want a HC with full autonomy of the team, so unless Ross parts ways with Mr.T, that scenario can’t happen.

• jetsssuck says:

lets not forget Parcell’s was asked for a opinion on who to hire concerning HC after Philbin. My guess each advisor has a weighted say and then Ross averages total. For example Shula has .25, N.Moore has .10, Dan Marino has .15, Tannelbaum has .30 and each provides grades such as defense,offensive, and player development on a scale of 1 to 10 of what the owner wants. I’ve seen this in many business models and was taught this in college. I believe it was called Mach-mayes decision modeling.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree

Jonas Gray was added to the Dolphins practice squad. Don’t be surprised if he’s poached, which is actually fine with me.

Looks like Billy Turner may miss the Philly game, which leaves a starting right side of Jamil Douglas RG, Jason Fox RT.

jetssuck

Ross asked Parcell’s who to hire after he fired Philbin, or are you talking about after he fired Sparano?

• jetsssuck says:

Ross got advice from Parcells after Philbin was fired. I guess Ross wanted to get back some of the guaranteed money he paid out or maybe Parcell’s made him pay for his advice.

jetssuck

How do you know that Ross spoke to Parcells? I don’t recall hearing about that, not that I see everything that happens with this team, but I do read about them often.

• jetsssuck says:

I read it about 2 weeks ago in local paper ss or mh maybe yahoo since I get several dialy articles from them concerning dolphins.You have to set it up that way. He has even provided advice to cambell.

Campbell spent the 2010 season with the Dolphins as an offensive coaching intern on offense, and was promoted to Miami’s tight ends coach in 2011, Tony Sparano’s last year on the job with the Dolphins. Somewhat surprisingly, Parcells told me he had no role in advising Dolphins owner Stephen Ross on Campbell’s elevation, but perhaps that’s because as a former Dolphins VP of football operations from 2007–10, Parcells had made his feelings known to Ross regarding Campbell’s qualities and coaching potential.

• jetsssuck says:

I could be wrong but I could be right I just don’t have the energy to research. Jason Cole wrote the piece I believe.

Not saying you’re wrong or right, I just googled it and found this. There could be another report that states otherwise.

Good job, Mike.

I think Ross will target a proven HC this time around and if that coach wants his own personnel people he’ll likely get that. That likely won’t have anything to do with Tannenbaum’s status unless Ross plans on firing him, but that would effect Hickey fair or not.

Nice Job Mike,
    This goes back to why this is all on Ross. He decided that he wanted to evaluate Coach and GM individually so he didn’t fire both at the same time ever. Therefore we missed out on some good coaches and GMs because of it. I think this will continue for the time being.

19. Try Pod says:

As Tim will point out, it doesn’t matter what I or any fan has to say on the matter, he (Ross) is going to do what he wants. That being said, and in my case re-said, I think it’s in the Dolphins’ best interest to tear the house down from the attic to the basement, get a new blueprint, and rebuild from the ground-up.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

agreed. but I just don’t ross doing that. He just hired Tannenbaum this year. He’s not gonna fire him without letting him choose his own coach.

So now that we’re starting over again I though it would be fun to create 2016 Coach/FO challenge. So pick who you think is gonna be the captain of the ship in 2016.

I will lock this after our 16th game against the pats. Let me know if you think its a waste of time 🙂

• jetsssuck says:

sounds like fun—I saw a article Sean Payton may become available depending on the outcome of Tom Benson’s lawsuit against granddaughter. Now that would be a upgrade

try,
    yes. Its groundhog day. Or what Einstein said is the definition of insanity 😉

Boulder, Tannebaum oversees the football operations and is Ross’ eyes and ears. I’m not sure that would be an issue if he’s involved in the HC search because he’s going to target guys he has a relationship with. If Ross goes with someone outside of that than maybe he fires Tannenbaum and starts over. The main thing for a HC is that he has the support of the owner and his own personnel guy he can work with. Tannebaum isn’t really here in a personnel role, he oversees the analytics, sports science and works with Aponte on salary cap structure etc., he’s not the active personnel guy.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

It seems to me that tannenbaum was the main person responsible for our FA signings specially Suh.If tannenbaum stays as Czar, he’ll have a say in the personal dept no matter who the coach is. I’m sure of that. And I’m sure many coaches will get turned off by that arrangement.

Like I said, he’s going to target coaches he has a relationship with. Tannenbaum was involved in the Suh signing because it was a franchise move. I don’t think he was actively targeting guys like Bryce McCain and Zach Bowman etc.

23. jetsssuck says:

googling “decision modeling” has 6.2 million articles and formula’s and plus we have OD’s decision model. Well, the season only has 8 weeks left and then we will find out. No need to let us amateurs waste time when after the decision we will have to wait another 7 months till football season. Don’t let the situation consume you enjoy football unless bitching brings you enjoyment.

24. ukfinfan says:

November 12, 2015 at 9:05 am

This conjures a mental image of one of those Japanese houses where you see someone just walk through a wall.
    It’s like a metaphor for our season. Minimal resistance.
    A good read for the Axe Mike as usghe.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 43m43 minutes ago
    The #Eagles run a fast paced offense. Philadelphia gets 8.2 more offensive snaps per game than the #Dolphins, who run a similar offense.

Its not similar as much as people want to say it is. Lazor has never really gone uptempo even though he has promised it since he has been here.

Oddly enough, we heard how up tempo Philbin was when he got here, how the practices were so fast paced. Never really translated to the game though.

Drop off from Turner to Douglas is minimal….Fox is a liability for sure but we pretty much dont have much of a better choice. Im not sure why they havent tried Linkenbach there. I doubt very seriously he would be as much of a liability.

I’m sure they have tried Linkenbach in practice and Fox grades out better. Fox has played a lot for us so we know what he is. He plays well at times and struggles at times just like most backup players. Even starters go through that.

27. ukfinfan says:

When we were still good, respected and even feared.

Was ’93 that crazy playoff game between HOU and BUF?

• ukfinfan says:

Yep – “the comeback” even has it’s own Wikipage

That was such a cool game. I remember I was out to dinner in an Italian restaurant in Coney Island, Brooklyn with my family, some kind of get together, probably a birthday, and we were waiting for a table while the game was going on, and they had a TV in the lobby with the game on. I kept getting up during dinner to check what was going on. That was a game for the ages.

• ukfinfan says:

A great game indeed.
        I miss those Kelly/Marino, Levy/Shula days.
        And no matter how bad being a fan of the Dolphins right now is, just imagine losing 4 SBs on the bounce? Oh my.

Unfortunately for me one of the biggest comebacks i ever first hand watched in college football happed against my UF Gators. They call it the “Choke at Doak” and we didnt lose the game, but we might as well have. They came back down 31-3 at the beginning of the 4th quarter to tie us 31-31 (college football ended in ties back then, no OT).

Oh sorry for those that dont know Doak Campbell is the stadium that FSU plays at.

I think you will see a lot of the college coaching changes happen pretty quick, they know there will be a bit of competition for those jobs not just with other coaching programs like USC, but also with NFL vacancies.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 5m5 minutes ago
    Lou Anarumo said misfits and mistakes are why the runs got out against the Bills. “Can’t play 60 good plays on defense and 5 bad ones.”

It’s true, we stuffed the Bills backs many times but when you allow 5 big runs for like 150-200 yards you lose.

• Al in MIA says:

Agree 100%. It’s always 1 guy fucking up that makes the entire play go bad on both offense and defense it seems. Take the stupid 1st TD by Gronk…f’ing guy took a 7 yard slant pass with the MLB twiddling his thumbs (didn’t react to Gronk on the route until the ball was out of Brady’s hand; caught flat footed and couldn’t recover). The LeSean McCoy 48 yard run last weekend? Jenkins guessed that McCoy was going to go outside and went that way into the blocker even though Grimes was in that area (outside gap). McCoy cut in and blew it by where Jenkins should have been. It didn’t help either that the FS completely sat back in the secondary waiting for McCoy to come to him instead of him running forward to dictate the action (a problem I used to have with how Chris Clemons played while at Miami).

I was shocked by some of those runs being broken. I was like are you kidding me, how the hell did he get through there?

Oh by the way Jennifer Connelly is hot.

32. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    I didn’t get a chance to comment on your response where you mentioned that Cleveland fired Chud prematurely…
    I agree with you 100%…as OD always says, the mistake by the lake, same organization that fired Belichick LOL

33. Al in MIA says:

Agree…gap assignments and stupid penalties killing this team.

34. Al in MIA says:

D says:
    November 12, 2015 at 10:39 am

—————-
    I’d rather have Dallas Thomas at RT and Linkenbach inside but hey, that’s a matter of opinion at this point.

35. Al in MIA says:

Was the last time the Fins played @ Philadelphia when John Beck made his first career start at QB due to injuries on the team?

36. Al in MIA says:

It’s been really frustrating watching the last 2 losses…the team seems to be shooting itself in the foot moreso than the other team just dominating them outright. In both the NE/Buf game, if the stupid offense had put together a clean drive (one without stupid penalties or dropped passes) just 1 out of 3 times while behind, the game would have been all within a reach of just 1 possession. Instead, too many mistakes and eventually the defense folded completely.

37. Al in MIA says:

Howie,
    I’m going to go with the seasonal pattern :/
    2 wins, 2 losses, 2 wins, 2 losses, …..
    26-24 MIAMI in a nail biter with Caleb Sturgis shanking the game winner

38. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    Speaking of the HOU-BUF 93 game…the funniest revenge was the 1999 season playoff game between the same teams (Music City Miracle).

Mike E — screw your great football insight……your BOTW is one of the best ever.

You ever watch Mulholland Falls? She has a relatively small part, but there is one scene that is beyond spectacular. Movie is pretty good, if not exceptional. but if I ever see it on a cable channel uncut….you get the idea.

And same goes for Career Opportunities….which I can catch on any channel cause censored is not an issue and have only excuse for why I watch. 🙂

• BoulderPhinfan says:

she was good in mulholland falls. She was also good in blood diamond and a beautiful mind.

Great acting in both those. But in mulholland falls there is like twenty seconds of pure magic…..even if in black and white (most of the rest of the movie is in color). And since this was pre-CGI and photoshop……it ain’t no body double.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 20m20 minutes ago
    Billy Turner is practicing today despite his knee injury. What a relief.

Mike E
    I haven;t read your piece yet
    but I will
    as soon as I can get all the people I work for to stop abusing me….lol

curing cancer is easier than making in game adjustments with the phins.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Karlos Williams 38-yd TD in 4th was same call as LeSean McCoy 48-yd TD in 1st Q vs. Dolphins, per @Andy_Benoit. In-game adjustments?

Stanger

I did see Mulholland Falls, and bunch of other Jennifer Connelly movies. I think her best was a Beautiful Mind, but she was hot in Mulholland. She was also hot in “The Hot Spot”.

She’s hot in every movie, but the woman in the Falls would have been the Playboy Playmate of the Century. And to top it off…..she’s a great actress to boot. Yeah she was my perfect woman. My dream girl back in the day was in Rocketeer (the one you liked without all the skin so you would marry her).

Piggy

By abusing, you mean trying to tie you to a spit? lol

stanger,
    yup she did show some skin in the black and white part of that movie.

Stanger

There’s skin in the Hot Spot, so you may want to check that one out.

Al in MIA says:
    November 12, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Agree…gap assignments and stupid penalties killing this team.

al, that is just a fact of life not football. penalties have been killing man forever when it come to gap assignment

stanger,

i think the movie she looked best in was ‘the hot spot’ she was younger. i just dont think she has aged well, she was a lot better looking back then

MIke E and ffr — seems like Hot Spot is going on my Netflix list. If my wife asks why the answer will be “heard great things about that flick.” 🙂

No surprise here…I completely disagree with OD’s model. The HC should NOT pick the GM. The GM should pick the HC. Plus the candidates we considered in the past who reportedly wanted full control were just not experienced enough in the responsibilities of a GM to pick his guy or have full control over an organization. Pick a competent GM and let him run the organization. Coaches not wanting to work in that structure is BS the majority of organizations are structured that way.

I don;t think there is a rule on it
      but a couple of successful teams have really powerful coaches
      The cheats and the seahawks come to mind

If we brought in a HC that was al;ready established (meaning we stole from from another NFl team)
      I think you can have that model

Other than that I think I would want the GM to be the top dog

November 12, 2015 at 1:34 pm (Edit)
    What’s going on there? Piling work on you?

************
    Yeah
    sort of….just in general an unpleasant envrironment
    Some other time i will expand on it

Then there is the scene from Requiem for a Dream. Oh my!

Stanger

Just tell her there’s a chick in the movie that reminds you of the Hair Salon receptionist. 😉

LMAO — I had to get in front of the curve on that one. Her lasting like a month was about the best thing ever…….proved my point.

November 12, 2015 at 2:21 pm

I didn’t see that movie. Do tell Tim, do tell!

ASS TO ASS

Wow, I thought Rob was joshing me. That’s pretty NC-17 right there.

56. Al in MIA says:

Try,
    If the Canes hire Charlie Strong i’m pretty the alumni base will proceed to ceremoniously fire the AD subsequently putting a new AD in place who will fire and put in who everyone in Miami wants -> Butch Davis.

• Try Pod says:

Hate to disagree with you. Charlie Strong is a legitimate Head Coaching candidate.

• Try Pod says:

Also, as far as alumni base- there is no alumni base except for mostly African american males who played for the U- they would gladly take Charlie, who recruits SFla well.

LOL mike

another great line from the movie ” I know it’s pretty baby, but I didn’t take it out for air.” when her dealer/pimp/whatever is waiting for a little oral loving.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Campbell says Billy Turner will be good to go for Sunday’s game

Al in MIA says:
    November 12, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Try,
    If the Canes hire Charlie Strong

hey now, i said after they fired golden i thought strong would be a good candidate. i still do, but i guess i maybe the only one

• Try Pod says:

Nope- He was a coach here in Louisville. Got some hate at first, but the team recruited well and improved during his tenure. That’s a big deal, as Louisville is football second, basketball first.

Hal Habib @gunnerhal
    Campbell says he wants Chris McCain to pin ears back and just go in games rather than going into games and thinking.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    So the Dolphins are going to use four corners Sunday: Grimes, Taylor and the McCains.

Hal Habib @gunnerhal
    Campbell says special teams penalties was a point of emphasis this week. Five in Bills game. Players told to use discretion w/ blocks.

LOL Rob – Sounds like her character was pushed into all kinds of things

James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL
    #Dolphins interim HC Dan Campbell said they have enough playmakers on offense. But they need more explosive plays in games.

“We are a submissive team, we back down and fold up our tents when a bigger, badder team challenges us. When we find enough players to change that culture, we can finally stop asking why. ”

Now that I’ve read the thing…….those are wisdom words from Mike E.

Maybe he stays next year, maybe he doesn’t…..but seems that is exactly why the chose Coach Rambo.

That’s true Jon, but he has to be able to manage the game too, not just inspire the players. There are coaches who can do both. He needs to learn, and learn fast all the responsibilities, and at least show significant improvement in those aspects to be considered as HC for next season.

Good PC with DC Lou Anarumo. But it still leaves me thinking our run D gets gashed again this Sunday 😦

November 12, 2015 at 2:44 pm

LOL Rob – Sounds like her character was pushed into all kinds of things

only when she is on my sofa

(and she is a drug addict in the movie, so basically yeah)

mike,

and to be honest, never seen the whole movie. just bits and pieces of it for that reason. she is pushed into things. and i get it is contrary to the joking around on here, but i just cant watch movies where women are taken advantage of or worse forced into things . they sicken me to much. i have said on here before, the biggest hate of mine is a bully. i just cant tolerate them for a second and any man that is hurting a woman, in any way, is nothing but a bully and needs to be eradicated from this world

Well said Rob

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley

Campbell said his expectation is Billy Turner plays Sunday.

Maybe we can ride outta Philly with a W!

try,

i am not sure if you are in support of charlie strong or not. but i know he did a good job at Louisville. i think he is in a bad spot in texas between the ad and alumni. i think he would be a good fit recruiting the miami area.

• Try Pod says:

Al in MIA says:
      November 12, 2015 at 2:33 pm
      Try,
      Try Pod says:
      November 12, 2015 at 3:08 pm

try,

who do you think you are D. that is an awful long post just to say yes.

getter,

that is funny, i have one of those rocking horses right by my sofa…..well it is more like on my sofa…..well it is more like me laying on my sofa……but the idea is the same

Our tax dollars at there finest

1 hour and 27 minutes on hold with the IRS for “your call cannot be completed at this time, please call back later”

76. Al in MIA says:

Try,
    Legitimate HC to be canned at UTexas..no thanks 🙂
    All kidding aside, I’m aware of his success at Louisville but given the choice between Butch or Strong; I’m going with the guy who has recruited future NFL hall of famers.

I was really excited about Lazor when we brought him in from under Chip Kelly tutelage and replacing Sherman. But Lazor has really soured me in 1.5 years and this PC of him here really made me think, WOW, this guy is in over his head.

As I’ve stated before. I like Campbell as a leader, motivator, and whose players will be all in and loyal for.
    But Mancampbell needs top notch Coordinators to get this franchise to succeed. It’s a shame that his chances of becoming our permanent HC is hampered by interim 2nd rate Coordinators…IMO.

Double-edged sword. If we had really good coordinators, one of them would have been HC instead of Campbell.

Likely true, which further illustrates my point that I’ve been continually making in that we have no experience or solid work @ both Coordinator spots. Where’s Norv Turner or Dom Capers when ya need him….lol

Al in MIA says:
    November 12, 2015 at 4:02 pm

The best are threatening letters when they mishandle payroll taxes you already paid 🙂

no no Al. this one is better. this is for an estimated return the irs made for this client who had no payroll for the period in question. basically made up taxes, that they dont answer the phone for.

November 12, 2015 at 2:28 pm
    Jennifer and another girl share a double sided dildo in front of a bunch of men. The movie is about abusive drug use and it’s pretty disturbing.
    ———————————————-
    Yeah its a really crazy movie and it hits you on all layers. Its a connected, disjointed story first off so you are always trying to keep attention to whats going on in the current story line and remembering and keeping up with what happens and is happening in other story lines, they all intersect and feed off one another, whether it be the mother and her brainwashing by the QVC like sales people/legal drug dealers, the son and his addiction issues, or the subculture the gf is involved with. As the movie moves toward its climax the storylines and scenes start to rotate more rapidly, the music starts to intensify and the drama/suspense really starts to peak. I love it, even though it was pretty disturbing in some parts.

The mother being all whacked on speed is hard to watch. The dude putting the needle into the black/purple gangrene on his arm. Nasty.

Its intense….really well designed movie….one of the few movies where i thought the bacground sound really drove the pace of the movie and heightened the intensity. “There will be Blood” had a similar background sound that really intensified the movie.

Al in MIA says:
    November 12, 2015 at 12:46 pm
    Howie,
    I’m going to go with the seasonal pattern :/
    2 wins, 2 losses, 2 wins, 2 losses, …..
    26-24 MIAMI in a nail biter with Caleb Sturgis shanking the game winner
    ———————————————————–
    Except the patter has been 1 W, 3 L, 2 W, and now at least 1 L….

Lots of different patterns that could be made from that… this was only one i could come up with that wound up 16 games. 1,3,2,4,2,3,1 Palindrome … odd odd even even odd odd pattern too.

GDP

No one from the outside was going to take a coordinator position this year, or at least so it seemed.

True, but will Ross & Mr. T be patient enough to weigh those options for Campbell in 2016.
      Tannebaum should have a good pulse on what good Coordinators are out there or whom will be available due to his recent involvement as an agent for several coaches.

82. ocalahowie says:

First Update
    DOLPHINS-EAGLES
    Howie 23-17 MIA
    Rock 32-24 MIA
    T-Pod 31-13 PHI
    Piggy 27-14 MIA
    Old 23-17 PHI
    Book 27-21 MIA
    MikeE 28-20PHI
    Al 26-24 MIA
    I’M STILL MAD!

Not sure I wanna give a score. Philly is likely to run us out of town after 3 straight on the road.

I’m hoping for Campbell to go on a run and be a legit candidate as a HC next year, I just don’t think it’s going to happen.

getterdone says:
    November 12, 2015 at 4:38 pm
    ——————————————
    I have been hoping for Campbells success but i honestly dont really think he is ready to HC. He seems lost out there a lot, and statements like this which i do agree with is why im not sure he is ready for the job. A HC should be able to pick out his own staff, he should assemble them and i dont think he is capable of it. Almost no GM picks a coaches staff, he picks the coach maybe, or at least works with the owner on picking the coach, but he doesnt pick the HC’s staff.

I didn’t elaborate enough, but you can betcha that Campbell has idea’s who he’d like to run his squads. He’s been around enough to know what he thinks is good or not so good for his vision as a HC and what kinda team/system he wants to run.
      But you know as long as Ross employs Mr. T, that Mr. T will have his nose into most everything, and that’s not always gonna be a bad thing either.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree. he’s not ready.

he’s got 8 games, a half season to grow and show he’s gotten ready.

Go Mancampbell. Wee’re all pulling for ya big guy!

howie,
    31-17 philly

getterdone says:
    November 12, 2015 at 4:47 pm
    ——————————————
    I think he is ready for the next step, but not the two steps ahead he kinda got thrown into. I could see him doing a fine job as a OC, and eventually i think he could very well be HC material, i just dont see it right now. Rizzi is closer to HC ready than Campbell, and even he probably isnt fully ready.

This is not an indictment of Campbell and his potential, just some skills are learned as you progress through the different levels/ranks in a business and often skipping levels leaves a person with a gap in the skillset needed. Can he learn on the job? Sure, but its going to come at a price, and in the case of our franchise, and its recent history, thats a short leash thats going to be given to a guy learning on the job.

November 12, 2015 at 4:53 pm
    ——————————————–
    All of us want him to go on a 8-0 run lol…..i mean that would be awesome, i just dont have the optimism to muster right now to come close that level of hope.

D, Rizzi was under consideration from what we’ve read, but the FO ultimately decided on Campbell as interim HC. That kinda says a lot depending on point of view and perspectives we don’t really get to see as much as fans on the outside.

Vernon and Jenkins played that poorly. Not that it would have really mattered but both Misi and Sheppard are being held.

89. ocalahowie says:

Hell Yeah
    I’m rooting for Campbell too, He is a Bad-Ass!
    About Rizzi, if anyone recalls was my 1st choice as interim cause his squade was the only one producing anything positive at that point.
    Had no clue who Campbell was as i’m sure most here didnt either.

D

I agree. That’s how I feel with Campbell. He really doesn’t belong as a HC at this time, he’s not ready yet. If he can learn enough this season to do it, then I’m all for him. I’m not even sure if that’s possible, because this is a very uncommon situation.

Go ahead Cowher get pissed off about Rex using this thug as a captain. Is it getting your coaches juice boiling?

I’d love it if Cowher was all in to coach again. I wanted him years ago. Only thing I’d worry about with him is how long he’d want to do it.

93. ocalahowie says:

Just you wait
    I was the first one with the “BOLD PREDICTION” for a month now
    Campbell gets shown the door in Miami so the Browns hire him. From there he takes them to the playoffs for the next 15 years while we go through about 4 more coaching changes in the same time.
    Year 2030
    What, Cleveland has five Superbowl rings

Houston Astros Outfielder Colby Rasmus will be the first MLB player to accept the 1 YR $15.8M qualifying offer.

Daniel Murphy next???

Book 27-21 MIA
    MikeE 28-20 PHI
    Al 26-24 MIA
    Bold 31-17 PHI
    Stang 31-17 MIA
    WERE NOT GOOD!

For anyone in the FF league, how did I end up with a win? After the game Monday night I had lost by less than a point, but now it’s showing I won.

ok cool. time for some thursday night officiating. i cant wait to see me some refs

lol, they are talking up sammy watkins and the buffalo offense. they do know they dont get to play the dolphins again this year.

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 12, 2015 at 7:31 pm (Edit)

When they adjusted your score to the Ladies tee that’s what happened

I don’t need the ladies tee in our league. 😉

ocalahowie says:
    November 12, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Just you wait
    I was the first one with the “BOLD PREDICTION” for a month now

yeah, those TE’s coaches with no head coaching experience always jump to another shit and win 5 championships.

Sonny with bullshit tomorrow

Bills in red. Looks weird

Are there two Thurs night games tonight?

son,

the problem with guys like cowher as coach is they usually want total control. the ex sb winners that is, they usually want total control and contrary to what my lutz neighbor said i just dont think that works in todays nfl any more.

Mike,
    I like Cowher too, but I’d be a little concerned with how long he’s been out of the game.

lol, deion sanders just said eric decker is a darn good #2. i am sure decker is glad to know he is a darn good pile of poop

Neither team in a white jersey that’s very odd

Mike, stej bills starts at 8:30im watching preface on NFLN

Bri

No reason to be confident we will, but we still have to hope. lol

Son,
    I never got a chance to tell you, but you have a great family.

November 12, 2015 at 7:31 pm (Edit)

GDP was not happy. Apparently there was a stat change.

I don’t see where he said anything?

November 12, 2015 at 7:31 pm

GDP was not happy. Apparently there was a stat change.

you say that like there is a time he is

Son

I use the word reckon far more than any northerner should. I just loved the way Clint Eastwood said it. He’s the man!

Ahh that proud moment when you say to wifey what movie is this song popular from:
    Tracks of my Tears
    And she says Duh, Platoon
    I love that woman!

that woman on thur night kick off has a crooked mouth. i bet her husband hates that he just cant up straight and has to lean to the side

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 12, 2015 at 8:11 pm

He might have a Clinton!

oh you mean that wasnt really woman but a man. ok sorry, my bad i didnt think she was a himary

I could see Mike Smith being on our radar as a HC as well. 5 winning seasons and 4 playoff appearances out of 7 and he started that with a rookie QB in Matt Ryan. The reason he was eventually fired was the Falcons had a void in talent and it caught up with them.

He’s a defensive coach who likes to run the ball and play physical.

You don’t think it looks poorly that he went 6-10 last year, and now the Falcons are 6-3?

No, what about 11-5, 9-7, 13-3, 10-6 and 13-3 and an NFL Championship game? The Falcons personnel went through a bad stage where even Smith said we have to play more physical but they couldn’t do it.

The Falcons have also lost 3 out of their last 4 and are coming back to reality. They’ve played a lot of close games but by no means are they a juggernaut.

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 12, 2015 at 8:16 pm

I meant her husband. Never mind

ok, but can you tell me which of them was the husband. i dont think we ever found out. and dont say the one with the testicles cause i am sure that covers both of them

The price of ice cream keeps going up and the container keeps getting smaller. Pretty soon we’re going to have to pay to get No ice cream.

120. Try Pod says:

Al,
    Yep, he’s going to get canned in Texas- do you know why?

• Try Pod says:

And Al, the coach they had before Strong maintained nearly a 70% winning avg over his tenure, national championships and multiple bowl births, and they fired him. Getting fired by Texas seems like a badge of honor to me.

November 12, 2015 at 8:23 pm

you mean the team that has lost two straight to the yucs then 49ers. i dont know if you have seen them play yet this year, but they are not a very good team. more then likely will end up with a losing record

wtf is this the christmas game?

I know they’ve had a bad stretch, but what if they go 10-6 or 11-5 with basically the same team he went 6-10 with?

The team got old because they were going for it and then they hit a wall and the owner made a change. But Smith had a lot of success. You want a HC who’s unproven or a guy who’s still a young HC who has won?

I heard him recently on Mike Francesa’s show because he wrote a book and he’s an impressive guy. He said he’s a coach at heart and if he gets another opportunity he thinks he’ll be a better coach from his experience. He went through a lot of trial and errors.

I don’t think the Falcons are very good but they won some close ones early. They should have lost to the Giants early in the year but the Giants gave them the game.

Try Pod says:
    November 12, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Same with cereal.

i heard they were going to stop making cap’n crunch. what kind of cruel world will kids have to grow up in with no cap’n crunch

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 12, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Omg that’s devastating news. Society is doomed.

i know. exactly. kids now a days with no crunch will just grow up with no cavities from all the sugar. and with no cavities and stronger teeth they will hunger for more. and with hungering for more, they will start hunting grizzly old people and when they are gone, the will move down the chain until they are eating babies and that will be the end of society. so dont tell me cap’n crunch isnt the backbone of society

lmao. rex says taylor has it all. what they didnt say was the rest of that comment. rex said ‘taylor has it all as long as he is playing against the dolphins’

lol

Trying to watch Golden State at Minn., Curry came out on fire, then Minn got every call in the book, but doesn’t get called for any of the moving screens. The refs ruined that game, so now watch jets bills or whatever this Christmas tree game this is.+

I’m not sure there is a HC available who has a better resume than Mike Smith. He’s also coached multiple positions and units in his career so he knows the intricacies in a lot of areas.

why didnt they play this game at boise state?

jets turn the ball over and their d holds. something the dolphins d can never do

What’s up FUers? My mom passed away this morning. Obviously I have not been on today so just playing catch up to see what I missed as I dealt with making all the arrangements and other assorted family drama.

tim,

i am with ya on the mike smith thing. i dont think that would be a bad choice. just need someone to get the talent though

Tim:
    I am not a fan of Mike Smith. He did alright with the Falcons but ultimately that was a team that under performed, especially come playoff time.

They were in it every year though and they weren’t the best team. I’ll take runs like that over what we’ve had. Two 13-3 seasons and a championship game. He’s got unfinished business. He’s made the playoffs and won a game but is still chasing the prize. 2nd time is a charm. Belichick failed in CLE and was nowhere near as good as Smith first time around. Belichick also had a savvy vet QB in Kosar and Smith did it with a rookie QB in Matt Ryan. Food for thought.

You have a point with 2nd time HCs. There is pretty good track record for 2nd time HCs. My first choice is Hue Jackson. He would be a 2nd time HC and has a great track record as an OC.

ken,

truly sorry to hear that. i hope you and yours are dealing with it as best as possible

Ken I can’t even imagine facing the day all of our love and support God bless your mother and you and your family.

lol. hey, they got there. can the fins just start getting there at least

They weren’t the best team though. They were one of the better teams. What coach who has won it all a bunch of times is available? I’m not into an experimental approach again. Go land a proven HC.

i dont get the nfl moving they extra point back. what the hell is the point. to make scoring harder. yet you cant run within 15yards of the qb, but lets make it hard for the kicker

Ken very sorry to hear about yer mom. Stay strong Mr Green

Ken says:
    November 12, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Coming on to talk some football helps

oh ok, cool. ok then we dont have to talk about the dolphins anymore. we can talk football

GDP and Herd. I had thought i had sent the email to everyone in the league about what caused the change in score/winners. Apparently on Wednesday Herds player T Smith was awarded 1 more tackle than has originally been calculated. Giving her +1 pt In response to GDP on the Week 10 preview stating as tou won, rhe game oreviews are created on Tuesdays. And wont change unt after Thursday night game.

Bills are looking tough right now

manitobafinfan says:
    November 12, 2015 at 9:38 pm

ssssoooooooooooooo, basically you are saying herd’s team is the patriots.

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 12, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Bills are looking tough right now

yeah, they look like a bunch of women on their periods. who would want to mess with that?

I have seen stats change scores a few times but honestly have never seen the outcome of a game change on one. I was going to post congrats to GDP for taking down the Queen Bee but got distracted and Didnt Herd is kicking all our asses i think Mike E wa the only one able to beat her. GDP i apologize for the way things have played out with draft and the adjusted outcome. Hope i doesn’t sour ya on FFB Forever.

Oh and I just want you to know that the record of all of our blogging will reflect that son was a big fan of Tyrod Taylor. Could’ve had him for a 5th

i think Mike E wa the only one able to beat her.

that is cause he is the hand, the hand beats everyone

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 12, 2015 at 9:47 pm

you do realize that if they drafted him he couldnt play against them and basically make him useless

Just would have been another one they shit out while continue searching.

Opie went fishing again ( son whistling the theme song)

Ken, I’m so sorry to hear about your Mom.

Dallas and Winnipeg playing a great run and gun hockey game. Cant bring myself to watch Bills vs Jets unless there was a way they could both lose

For the record, I was going to congratulate GDP the next time he was on here. I had no idea what had happened, I was just looking to see if I had anyone playing tonight and saw my record had changed.

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 12, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Just would have been another one they shit out while continue searching.

Opie went fishing again ( son whistling the theme song)

aawww ok, but i dont get it, why is suh opie?

Ken, I’m leaning towards a defensive coach this time around. The Dolphins historically have had more success with defensive coaches than offensive coaches as the HC.

Look at Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wannstedt and even Nick Saban over Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano and Joe Philbin.

Ken says:
    November 12, 2015 at 10:06 pm

I want an offensive guy who is going finally make Tannehill take the step forward.

guess you havent heard. tanny sucks and is the reason for global warming

Taking out Rex is like taking out GinoSmith. Never know if it may improve yer team

can someone let the dolphin d watch this game so they know how to step up when the offense has a turnover

This game is now officially boring.

I probably should get some sleep. Don’t feel much like sleeping but it’s going to be a hectic 3-4 days. I am out peace to you all.

Ken, the OC and QBs coach works with Tannehill and the HC oversees and encourages them while making sure the defense and STs are good to go.

In Dolphins history defensive HCs lead offensive HCs in winning seasons.
    Defensive coaches
    Don Shula: 328-156-6
    Jimmy Johnson: 36-28
    Dave Wannstedt: 42-31
    Nick Saban: 15-17 (9-7 and 6-10 then bailed)
    *Every coach made the playoffs but Saban and obviously Shula has a ton.

Offensive coaches
    Cam Cameron: 1-15
    Tony Sparano: 29-32
    Joe Philbin: 24-28
    *One playoff game for Sparano in his first year 2008.

This is the order of the universe. LOL

160. Try Pod says:

Ken,
    Peace be with you.

• Try Pod says:

I apologize for the above article. I did not read the date of the article, and fresh off the remembrance of Veterans Day, I felt a little perturbed. I vaguely remember this vote about 20 months ago.