Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Season Week 11

from Wyo

Q – Mike, You have

CB  JALEN RAMSEY – FLORIDA STATE
OT  RONNIE STANLEY – NOTRE DAME
OLB  MYLES JACK – UCLA
OLB  JAYLON SMITH – NOTRE DAME
Setting there in the first round.

Who is your pick?

Things may change, but as you know I haven’t been thrilled with our O-line, and it’s time to bring in a young LT, hopefully one that can actually stay here and be a standout player for a decade or so. It’s so painfully obvious what a difference there is when #76, Branden Albert is on the field, and when he isn’t. Let’s finally draft our other bookend, and with Pouncey, and maybe Turner and either Douglas or Thomas, we can have some continuity on our O-line. Maybe this OT can start at G his first season so he has value and gets playing experience, and then the following year, replaces #76.

All the other players I’d love to have, and I do recognize we really need a CB here. I suppose I could go CB or LB in RD 1, and then grab a OT in the 2nd or 3rd RD. I’d just hate to skimp on possibly the most important position on the O-line, especially since our O-line has been a letdown, admittedly, partially due to Lazor’s offense.

Really, it’s like switching chairs around on a sinking Titanic. Does it matter? We have a lot of holes to fill, and lord we knows we need CB’s and LB, but since the league is so biased towards offense, get the best you can to make the offense work.

So, with the 11th pick in the 2016 NFL draft . . .

The Miami Dolphins select OT, Notre Dame, Ronnie Stanley
______________________________________________
After 9 games played, the Miami Dolphins stand at 4-5. Not what any of us fans had hoped for, after what seemed like a promising off season. The problems, or holes if you will, are many. While the run game has shown lots of promise, it still remains a second citizen in Lazor’s offense. I can’t think of one good reason for that to be the case, especially with Rookie Jay Ajayi showing he’s ready to roll, and busting out some big runs with few opportunities. The cabinet is NOT bare behind Lamar Miller, so let’s run the ball. Nice 1-2 punch of Miller and Ajayi. It seems painfully obvious that the O-line doesn’t struggle when run blocking, so keep at it!

Jay Ajayi

On defense, far too many holes exist. Grimes is slipping, and although rookie Bobby McCain shows promise, I’m not convinced he’d be starting anywhere else but here, out of sheer desperation. For once, it’s not the CB’s that are the worst unit now. With Jelani Jenkins, Koa Misi and Spencer Paysinger banged up, we have Mike Hull, Neville Hewitt and Zach Vigil. The ALL UNDRAFTED team!

UNDRAFTED LB's

BTW, back to the standings. Miami is in last place in the AFC East, but what really freaks me out is we’re the only team with a negative point differential. We’re -34, while the Jets and Bills are at +33 and +24 respectively, and the Pats are in an other worldly +134.

McPain had a nice sack this past week knocking Eagles QB Sam Bradford out of the game!

McPain

OK, so back to the NFL standings, and what it means for our team. As silly as it may seem, we still have a shot at the playoffs, due to how poorly the rest of the AFC is playing. We need one of the 2 teams in our division to fall, either the Jets or Bills. We probably need the Steelers to fall too. We need the Chiefs and Raiders to stay about where they are, and we need the Colts and Texans to stay on their current path as well. It’s a lot, it really is, because along with all that, we need to go on a tear, and I mean win almost every game. Maybe we have a one game cushion, but that’s not necessarily the case. It’s a pipe dream, but hey, why not?
______________________________________________

And now for the babe of the week . . .

Michelle Pfeiffer

Aside | This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

657 Responses to Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Season Week 11

Favorite Chrstmas show? “Little Drummer Boy” for me, I think. “Santa Clause is Coming to Town” was a close second.

2. Al in MIA says:

Speaking of prospects…
    If and when Cal’s QB Jared Goff comes out….SIGH, some lucky franchise will get to have him :/

CavalierKong says:
    November 20, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I get so frustrated with her. If I try to have a phone conversation she becomes monosyllabic, but she’ll chatter away via text.

does jahn know you are using his $11 words

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Didn’t Jimmy Johnson strip Marino of his “do whatever you want” privileges too? But people are making a stink about Tannehill not having it?

I think it’s a lot about nothing.

There is a huge difference between being a gunslinging freewheeling QB and being able to call audibles like all the other starting QBs in the league, lol. Nobody is saying let Tanny do whatever he wants. Just don’t remove one of the tools a QB has to draw from.

Al,
    Big assumption on your part that we won’t be drafting very high when the Goff comes out. Lol

6. Al in MIA says:

Tim / Piggy,
    I saw this on Instagram the other day on some comedian’s profile.
    Read the whole comment the guy makes …lol

This. Motherfucker. Has. A. Mustache. On. His. HEAD. Hey bro, get a DIFFERENT haircut. Real quick… do you have a nose where your hat should be? No? Cool. Then take that hair and bring it WAY down. This dude's hair is a fucking MUSTACHE!!!! And you know what? That's not even the bad part. The bad part? It's not even a CURRENT mustache. This shit looks like it would be under some nostrils in the fuckin 1800s on some dude that fucks pasty girls who draw beauty marks on their cheeks and would die in a duel when he was 24. Guy has a mustache up there like he has a mouth for a forehead. Like he chews with his brain. This dude can straight up sip Coke Zero through a straw and kiss the can at the same time. You see the dude's actual mustache? Like his REAL one… under his nose? That mustache has a dad, and that dad is sitting on this motherfucker's head… and the son mustache is mad because the dad mustache is never at home where he should be (under the nose), so the son mustache is gonna have a lot of baggage when he grows up alone and he's gonna cope with it by doing drugs and drinking. I can't believe how ugly this is. It's so ugly, this dude is gonna go bald and people are gonna throw a fuckin' party and the party will last for 12 days and only THEN will someone say "We aren't even close to done celebrating," and everyone else at the party will clink glasses and it will go on for 3 more weeks. Motherfucking Sam Elliot saw this dude and jumped off a bridge and his last words were "Well, I guess I ain't shit." This fuckin thing man. I'm mad. Fuck this. Sew a hat on forever. #congratulationsworld

A post shared by Chris D'Elia (@chrisdelia) on

Kong,
    I feel your pain. I can barely get my daughter to grunt during an actual conversation, but her txts go on for days. Oh well, I guess I should be thankful she speaks to her old man at all.

8. Al in MIA says:

Randy says:
    November 20, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Al,
    ——-
    True, hell you know what they say…if you draft high the top level QB is always an option because you are that bad as a team drafting that high.
    SD drafted Eli Manning #1 overall w/ Brees on the team already even with Eli threatening to never play for SD (NYG ended up coming to an agreement w/ SD and taking Rivers for Eli).

Randy says:

November 20, 2015 at 3:39 pm (Edit)

I like them all, but Peanuts and The Grinch are my faves.

10. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Mike Shanahan also reigned in Elway…told him that handing off the ball was the way to a title and kept it that way on offense for hte most part.
    Still waiting for a coach like that to come here and get it together.
    I know alot of people don’t like Mike but you know he knows how to find blocking OL and work the running game. He also has an affinity for a QB such as Tanny and probably given RT ability to listen to his coaches rather than operate with a big ego would probably get this team over the hump (if Hickey could sort out the defensive talent).

Randy says:

November 20, 2015 at 3:39 pm (Edit)

Favorite Chrstmas show? “Little Drummer Boy” for me,

i always like frosty the snowman. loved watching that happy ass fucker melt at the end.

kong and randy,

not sure how old your daughters are but mine is 28 and it does get better. she usually calls me once a week to go have dinner together. matter of fact we went to have mexican last night. dinner is always fun and good, it only gets bad when i have to hear about her babies and how one needed some sort of medical treatment or how one coded and all the stuff that goes with it.

Thanks for that, rob. My middle daughter is younger than that. I hold out hope we’ll be able to converse like humans sooner rather than later.

Not sure if you were joking about the last part or your daughter has had some tough situations to deal with so I don’t know what to say about that.

13. Al in MIA says:

Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) | Twitter

7 mins ago
    Dan Campbell said today team plans to make DeVante Parker active Sunday and ‘hopefully he’ll get more reps than zero,” last week’s count.

When I was a kid I always looked forward to the Grinch and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.For Halloween it was the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

ffr
    Wow, sorry to hear about your grand daughter. Is everything okay?

kong,

i am sure you will. we were normal like most. they just grow up and become adults. they do finally get it.

and yeah, i dont know how she does her job. she was telling me last night that on wed when she got to work she had two babies code. on one they spent two hours trying to resuscitate. said she couldnt move her arms after. it is hard listening to her say they just wrapped up the baby and handed the mom her baby who just passed. i get they are pretty much not going to make it as is, but i still dont know how she deals with that every day.

I thought it might be a work thing you were referencing. That is a ROUGH job right there. It would be impossible not to take that stuff home with you? I couldn’t do it.

Randy says:
    November 20, 2015 at 4:30 pm

ffr
    Wow, sorry to hear about your grand daughter. Is everything okay?

wwooooaaa, slow down. not my grand daughter, my daughter calls the babies she tends too at the hospital ‘her babies’. sorry if i mislead

Al, we don’t need Mike Shanahan. I’m still waiting for a true OC & DC. Then this team can get over the hump.
    I hope Ross & Co will outfit Campbell with proven coordinators.

kong,

i was ok with Rudolph as a kid cause i like the island of misfit toys part. i kind of thought an island like that would be a lot of fun. now i just want an island of misfit NLCs to hang with

Lol, you know, one thing I’ve never understood about the NLCs, shouldn’t they be NBCs? I mean don’t you want to be part of the fun?

20. Al in MIA says:

For UK Fin fan….
    An Englishman you can rally around 🙂

21. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    That works for me too but if the Fins are going to recycle some HC out there w/ experience, I’d be open to Mike. You probably aren’t a fan of Rob Ryan but I’d like him in Miami :). He can at least game plan against the Patsies.

kong,

she does take it home. especially the babies that are in the hospital for months at a time before they either get released or get released released if you get what i mean. those are the tough ones. and these hippa rules make it even tougher to deal with sometimes where they are not even allowed to interact with the parents. hell, they are not even allowed to be on facebook or go to a funeral with the parents if they wanted too.

CavalierKong says:
    November 20, 2015 at 4:37 pm

yeah…..sure…..thats the ticket…..cause if they were Bi then we would be able to understand a womans thinking.

24. Al in MIA says:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) | Twitter

2 mins ago
    Dolphins DT C.J. Mosley was fined $17,363 for roughing the passer last week

Lunch over. Cheers!

Saw earlier comments on “Favorite Christmas Movie.” How many of you have seen “Polar Express?” Me and Mrs. OD have seen it TWICE (about 3 years apart) with our 2 Grand sons and their mom, our oldest daughter. Thoroughly enjoyed it BOTH times. Probably could not standit a 3rd time BUT if grand kids are involved, I’d “force myself.”
    ———–
    Gotta get up at 3:45 AM tomorrow to drive to small convention in Ft. Myers that opens at 7:00 AM. –Then it’s on to Pompano Beach to have dinner and spend the night at my sis & brother-in-law’s place. My sister, who is closing in on 80, just had a small stroke and is recovering pretty well. She’ll stay home Sunday while the other 3 of us go to the game with the rest of my “Boyz” and “Galz.” I’ve gone out on a limb and GUARANTEED a Dolphins’ victory BECAUSE SUNDAY is Me & Mrs. OD’s 29th anniversary – – Not bad for a second marriage, eh?? Might just have to drink an EXTRA Colorado Kool-Aid to celebrate!!

Al, yes we need Lazor to call lots of Miller & Ajayi pounding the opponents relentlessly!

Kong, I don’t think most QBs can audible into their own plays. That’s why I said I believe RT has a run/pass option on any given play. But he cannot change the entire play to something completely different. That’s why you see QBs looking over to the sidelines if it’s not coming in quick enough, it takes time to get the original play in, to completely change it you have to change everything and communicate it to the entire offense. You’d end up with a lot of delay of games.

29. ocalahowie says:

Stang 27-14 MIA
    Real 30-24 DAL
    UK 25-19 MIA
    WE’RE BAD!
    BAD TO THE BONE!!

saw this on SS.

Dolphins offensive coordinator says (again) that QB Ryan Tannehill has the authority to change plays.

Tim, there ya go. Was a big ado about nuttin….lol
    I see Tanny calling signals and presnap changes all the time.

I thought I remember Lazor saying he has options based on what the defense is showing. I don’t think Tanny is going to change the core idea of what we’re trying to run to say a flea-flicker or something, but adjustments for sure.

Al in MIA says:
    November 20, 2015 at 4:39 pm
    Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) | Twitter

2 mins ago
    Dolphins DT C.J. Mosley was fined $17,363 for roughing the passer last week
    November 20, 2015 at 5:29 pm
    And it wasn’t roughing the passer.
    ————————————————-
    Yeah not even close to roughing the passer. They fine him because he hit Mr. Glass….who is almost as protected as Tommy boy.

Tim, I do wanna see Tanny call his own number more often on runs when he sees an over loaded defense or the the defense over pursues.

I’d really prefer we only do that here and there but not a lot, I’d rather we focus on lining up under center and run more and play-action pass, see more bootlegs and waggles etc.

He doesn’t make many changes at the line. If you see him get under center and and then step back point to a player and more specifically change call out some changes to the OL/RB that’s probably an audible. Most the shifts you think are seeing him call for, aren’t audible shifts, they are planned pre-snap shifts by the play-call and we do too damn many of them for a team that doesn’t play uptempo. All those shifts do is limit how much time he has to re-read the defense pre-snap. If we aren’t huddling up those shifts don’t eat up most the clock and he will have time to re-read after the offense adjusts. If you see him get under center and and then step back point to a player and more specifically change call out some changes to the OL/RB that’s probably an audible.

November 20, 2015 at 6:13 pm
    —————————————–
    he should….. Its how a QB can kill blitzes, its how you can nullify pass rush by going audible to a draw when you see them set up to bring everyone on a bum rush. Being able to read the defense and audible out of the called play is a BIG step forward in a QB’s maturation process. I dont think he is there yet and i dont think he is particularly good at reading the defense to know what to audible to so im not wanting it right now but he needs to get there fast because it will really help him be successful.

I think he’s good more often than not. A lot of bad plays for us come on weird play calls or bad blocking up front. I think an area where he has progressed to me is he’s pushing the ball in the 15-20+ yard range more often which are bread and butter chunk yards and they usually work off of establishing the run and using play-action.

Too much shotgun hampers us and benefits the defense. They can focus on a center point with both the QB and RB in one area 5 yards deep. Tanny happens to be good at selling the hand-off and pulling it back but too many times on downs like that we see 2-3 defenders in the backfield before we can even get the play off. It drives me nuts because I see it coming.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    #Dolphins Jenkins, Paysinger doubtful, Misi questionable. Get ready for some young LBers…

I thought Paysinger was back in the lineup and starting? If not… it’s SOLB Vigil, MLB Sheppard and WOLB Hewitt with McCain probably getting some reps at OLB. But yikes, that’s thin. These young LBs may have upside but they’re probably not ready for this much of a role. Go youngins!!!!

We’re gonna need a big game from the whole DL. Anarumo also needs to dial up various blitzes. Can’t let Romo tee off back there.
        Offense, yes we need to be successful running the ball, keep Romo off the field for long spells, tire their defense out instead of our wilting.

Witten is going to have a big day.

GD, I would blitz a lot. Then dial it down at times and try to catch them in a 7 man zone coverage we’re we can sit on it and maybe pick it off. Easier said than done based on how the game is going but I would come out aggressive and test Romo, not let him get comfortable. Hit him often too.

I know I’m just reiterating what you’re saying in my own words. LOL

39. ocalahowie says:

Everyone has a big day over the middle when those guys are in there, maybe now we can shut it down

Like every other game, our front 4 is the key to this game going up against a good Dallas OL with good skilled talent and Romo back. Probably gonna have to score well into the 20s. We must establish the run and try to control the game at home. Please no more safeties, we’ve hit our limit. Oy!

D says:

November 20, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Complete bullshit and if the NFLPA doesnt appeal that bullshit then i dont know what they are there for.
    ——————————-
    There may be some type of fine that automatically goes in when you get a roughing the passer, but we all know the NFLPA is there on Tommyboys behalf only. I agree it wasn’t roughing the passer, and I commented on that here right after it happened.

I still haven’t seen where Romo was activated yet. I wonder if he’s not showing well in practices.

As it stands, the Dolphins will sometimes send Tannehill to the line with either just one play or a pair of options, usually a run and a pass, that he can call based on the defensive look. So Tannehill does have a little freedom at the line, but he is restricted from using the entire playbook because interim coach Dan Campbell is afraid of “slow[ing] him down … his rhythm.”
    —————————————
    It’s like playing not to lose, so what happens, you usually do. If Campbell actually said that he’s retarded or a wimp. Grow a pair Campbell and take the training wheels off of yourself. We’re 4-5, what’s the worst thing that could happen, we lose a couple of games and don’t make the playoffs? Well, we aren’t making the playoffs anyways, so let him call his own plays.

When we were playing the Cheats it was obvious on certain downs the play had no chance yet they ran ’em anyways.

Steve, I think we’ll be ok even if Romo plays. The Cowboys have lost 7 in a row. There were more problems than just bad play from Weeden & Cassel.

Yeah, but they lost most of those games by just a few pts, and Romo coming back from injury is better than what they had healthy. If our D plays anything close to what they did against the Eagles, after they spotted them 16pts we’ll win, if not we’ll lose. I don’t see our O winning this one in a shootout. Miami and under, Dallas and over.

That’s what I’ve always said with this QB carrying a team on their back thing. If you can’t win without that QB, you’ve got issues as a team. Yes of course a top quality QB makes a difference, but how many times do see all phases of the game play a part in a win even with that great QB? He can play out of his mind a few games, but most of the time he’s also just a cog, but a quality one.

• Brian in NY says:

Don’t forget they were missing Bryant for a significant amount of time as well. This, combined with them making the poor decision to not re-sign Murray, has contributed to their problems this season.

November 20, 2015 at 8:17 pm

tim,

this is what i keep saying. it takes a team to win a game. not a qb. a qb never plays on def. the fins had one of the best qb’s ever to play the game and never one a sb. does having an elite qb help, of course. but a qb doesnt win a game by himself. on top of that, there is only at any given time a few elite qb’s in the league. it isnt like they are easy to find. so build a damn team around a good qb and you can win games

Tim, that’s right.Green Bay has lost 3 straight including to the Lions in GB. I bet the fans are blaming Rodgers…lol

Why can’t Aaron carry them like Hercules to the promise land? Oh I don’t know, no skill players available or playing well. Huh!

Why do we even care about the draft or FA, talent means nothing. Just get a QB and let him lead us to the promise land. Watch football much? LOL

Cowboys D ranks 19th in points allowed @ 23.9
    They allow 350 yards per gm. Have only 5 INT’s and a league low 1 forced fumble, and also very low on the sack count with 16, and No defensive TD’s.
    BTW, they are middle of the pack on rushing yards allowed @ 108 per gm, also middle of the pack passing yds allowed.

Romo doesn’t play defense, so we better be able to beat this team!

We’re home and we have to win. Even though it’s an NFC game, we need the win. We have to win. Did I mention win? 😉

getterdone says:
    November 20, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Real good teams help make a QB somewhat elite, statwise anyways.

you mean like the midget in Seattle. and i just joke calling him a midget, i have no dislike for the guy, he actually seems like a really good person, but he is just an average qb with a very good scrambling ability. but it is his team around him that wins the games nothing that he does.

49. ocalahowie says:

Romo aint all that, you guys are scared!

50. ocalahowie says:

Nightly Update
    DOLPHINS-COWBOYS
    Old 24-23 MIA
    Howie 31-16 MIA
    Piggy 28-20 MIA
    T-pod 21-19 DAL
    Al 23-20 MIA
    Bold 24-17 DAL
    Wyo 23-15 MIA
    Stang 27-14 MIA
    Real 30-24 DAL
    UK 25-19 MIA
    WE’VE GOT THIS!

wow, a hard hit in college football and amazing the refs throw call a targeting foul. and on every replay the safety hit him in the shoulder pads. what a bs rule. just more ways for the refs to control the game.

November 20, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Hug! Seattle is 4-5? How can that be?

that is cause wilson didnt stop the late 4th qtr collapses by that defense this year

November 20, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Hug!

and stop trying to hug me. if i want you in my basement i will put you in my basement.

Tim, yep 5 out the last 7 games are in Miami. Would be great under an aggressive Campbell to finally show some dominance on our home field.
    Win out @ home and this team has 9 wins and a possible WC berth.
    This team could use a nice run to finish the season.

It would be a great sports story too. I look at the Mets and hope for the same thing to happen for the Phins. You don’t have to win it all, just make the playoffs where anything can happen. It’s fun!

Win out @ home and this team has 9 wins and a possible WC berth.
    This team could use a nice run to finish the season.

getter,

if they can do that. and start looking more like a solid team, well then i am all for your boy campbell getting his shot as HC

Jackass Alert!

BOSTON (CBS) — If this is indeed the end for Peyton Manning, it may be even uglier than we thought.

While the product on the field has been difficult to watch (nine touchdowns, 17 interceptions), it has apparently extended off the field, too.

According to NFL Network’s James Palmer, with Manning not playing this week due to what the team is calling a left foot injury, the future Hall of Famer has not even been near his team or coaching staff this week.

Manning “hasn’t attended any practices or meetings this week and hasn’t had a single conversation about Sunday’s game plan with Brock Osweiler,” according to Palmer. Mark Haas at CBS Denver has reported the same.

“His focus is 100 percent on treatment and getting healthy,” Palmer said.

Osweiler, of course, will be the Broncos’ starting quarterback on Sunday, going up against John Fox — a coach on whom Manning would likely have quite a bit of intel, having played for Fox for the three seasons prior to this one. And it stands to reason, surely, that one could “focus” on a foot healing while still being able to sit in a meeting room and speak, does it not?

• jetsssuck says:

Isn’t Manning playing under a new system this year instead of the system he played his whole career?

Yeah, jackass alert for sure, but Peyton has done that his entire career. He’s never done anything to help out his understudy, in practice he takes all the first team reps, and hasn’t really helped out any of his backups.

It’s his last yr, why shouldn’t he be doing everything he can to get healthy?

tim,

i said from the start of the season. i didnt care how they started all that matters is how they finish. now with that i did mean playoffs and playing great and going deep in the playoffs. i dont have any illusions that this is a playoff team, but again all that matters is how a team finishes the season if the make a deep playoff run or win the sb. didnt seattle start last season pretty bad? they got to the sb. so it matters how they finish.

November 20, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Does it have weirdo lighting and carpets?

complete with a disco ball, wood paneling and shag carpeting.

59. ocalahowie says:

Stang 27-14 MIA
    Real 30-24 DAL
    UK 25-19 MIA
    WE’VE GOT THIS!

60. ocalahowie says:

Terrorism Hits Home
    Some might think this new one dont count, It was just some 3rd world African Country and Isis wasnt behind this…
    Thats about where I was yesterday morning
    You NJ-NY guys probably heard this first; Turns out that Anita Woman killed was from my wifes town in NJ and her younger sister went to school with her and knew her

Howie

MIA 33 – DAL 20

Mike, Porzingas is easily the top candidate for ROY, I’ve seen him play about 4 times and every time he’s been the best player on the floor. The Knicks got a steal.

Steve

I’m pretty happy with Kristaps. He’s already far exceeded my expectations.

I thought he had bust written all over him. When the Lakers were winning their last 2 titles they had a huge front court with 2 7 footers and Lamar Odom at 6’10” playing small forward. I think the Zenmaster is trying to rebuild that type of team.

My expectations for the Fins making the playoffs has just gone up. With so few home games, 2, in SunLife Stadium this yr I forgot about the home field advantage we get with the seats being closer to the field, and like in the OB we all know how much that can help.

When I left Miami in ’83 the team was still playing in the OB, after they built the new stadium I came back and saw a game, and the biggest thing I notices was how little the crowd affected the game. Having season tickets in the early ’70s I saw first hand how hard it was for opponents to score in the closed endzone, well now we have 2 closed endzones.

Steve

Hope you’re right about Kristaps and Dolphins home games. I haven’t been there yet, so I’m not sure how much louder it actually is.

Looks like Jelani Jenkins is most likely OUT for Sunday.

Interim Head Coach Dan Campbell on how he would describe the team’s mentality: “That got answered last week because we could have very easily laid down after everything that happened. Coming off two losses, on the road for our third road game in a row, you’re down 16-3, and you fight your way back. I think it says a lot about the mentality of this team and the way they feel.”
    ———————————
    I think it describes Suh’s mentality, he’s the guy that, after it was 16-3, said enough of this BS, bet on my back, I’m taking over.

Women are tempermental

50% temper – 50% mental

That’s a lovely thing to see when I first sign on here. Classy as usghe. 🙄

I think he was just be a joke maker. No different than a woman saying men think with their little head more than their big head. LOL

• herdfan says:

Not something I do.

• herdfan says:

I’ll admit I say things in response to things here. I don’t think I come here and bash men just for the hell of it. I could bash men 24/7 for things that have happened in my life. But not like any of you did it.

Herd

If it makes you feel better
    Pigs are 100% porky

herdfan says:
    November 21, 2015 at 12:54 pm

that is kind of the point, that is what makes it a joke.

That was for my wife herd, son is venting.

C’mon Phins, lets get to .500 @ 5-5. Then anything can happen!
    5 of next 7 games in Miami.
    Rule the Crib!

finfanrob says:
    November 21, 2015 at 1:25 pm (Edit)

that is kind of the point, that is what makes it a joke.

Yep, I get it. Men do no wrong, it’s always the woman’s fault. That’s hilarious.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
    Colin Kaepernick told 49ers on Friday he wants to have surgery on his non-throwing shoulder, per source. Thus, IR. Thus, season over.

Cool stuff. Thanks for posting. I’m really glad Millertime is coming into his own. Going for 6 consecutive games scoring a TD. We need him!
      Also liked the Steve Smith story…he’s another one of those Utes. Too bad we didn’t end up with him. Sadly his career might be done.

well, i never said that. but it is nice of you to admit.

Quick drop in: HOWIE: 27-17 FINS..

Cowboy fan from work is coming over to watch game.. Loser werars other teams jersey and hat to work all day Monday.. Bastard still has the picture of me on his phone from from fins last loss.. Retribution be ours Sayeth the Campbell !!!!

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 44m44 minutes ago
    Cowboys expect RB Darren McFadden to play Sunday at Miami. But wet field could be an issue. New RB Robert Turbin should be next up if needed

manitobafinfan says:
    November 21, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Quick drop in: HOWIE: 27-17 FINS..

getterdone says:
    November 21, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I’d hate to see ya in a Cowgirl outfit….Go Phins!

and i would pay to see you in one

lmao, i just saw ND was ranked 4th in the college playoff schedule. so this isnt all about tv ratings. nope not at all. it is all based on the quality of the teams. the tv ratings have absolutely nothing to do with it. the ncaa wants the best teams not the ones that play a high school schedule and get ratings

It;s totally about that and everyone knows it. ND is the only sports team in America that has all of it’s games national.

its too bad the mich st/ohio st game isnt being called fair. mich st would be up by two tds.

it sure must be nice to have great tv ratings so you get such favorable treatment

84. ocalahowie says:

Stang 27-14 MIA
    Real 30-24 DAL
    UK 25-19 MIA
    MikeE 33-20 MIA
    Toba 27-17 MIA
    WE’VE GOT THIS!

Tomorrow, I want to see a heavy does of Miller and Ajayi, no fumbles from Williams on KRs, no safeties against us and some spirited defense from our young back end of the defense. We’re going to be playing a lot of young guys.

November 21, 2015 at 5:46 pm

well them and the cheats. but yeah, i saw they were 4th and looked at their schedule, i am not sure if they played one team with a winning record other then there loss to clemson, yet they are 4th. so much for taking into account strength of schedule. i think what they meant is they are taking into account strength of tv ratings when picking the playoff teams

November 21, 2015 at 6:05 pm

It’s still a BS system.

isnt that why it is called the FBS

Feels good when you did a lot of leave removal and cleared up the front yard and garden prepping for the winter. My backyard still has to be done but too much for one day. It’s funny once you start removing leaves you become obsessed and you want to remove them all. LOL

I’ll probably have to do it one more time but that’s why I waited. I didn’t want to do it 4 times, but waiting to do it all at once is a bear. If you don’t remove most of them it’s a bitch in the spring after the snow soaks them all. I got caught last year not doing it early enough and then it snowed and kept snowing so they were buried.

Now I’m sore and having a beer but it feels good. 🙂

Bills LG Richie Incognito (shoulder) is listed as questionable for Week 11.
    Incognito was added to the injury report Friday and limited the last two days. He’s been the Bills best offensive lineman this season, grading as a top-three guard at PFF.
    _____________________________
    Wears Richie when ya need him….damn that Jonnell MArtin…sheesh!

tim,

of you live in place where the fucking leaves stay on the trees year round.

That is true but I don’t. It’s a pretty time of year here and it was a beautiful fall day but it’s also work. But it felt good, it was like a workout over a 5 hour span.

WTG Sparty’s…great Defense today. What a spirited win.

BY ADAM H. BEASLEY
    abeasley@miamiherald.com

As his players and coaches dug into their final preparations for Sunday’s showdown with the Cowboys, Dolphins football czar Mike Tannenbaum was stuck in the weeds.

Literally.

Tannenbaum had a Friday morning meeting at the stadium to decide whether the team would keep Bermuda or switch to Paspalum grass when Sun Life Stadium’s canopy goes up next year. (Paspalum, which can grow in the shade, won out.)

Around lunchtime, Tannenbaum had an idea exchange with specialists from a big-time medical school about ACL implants and prehabilitation.

And before he went home for the day, he took part in a conference call with a pro baseball club to discuss how they use analytics when making offseason trades.

As hard as it might be to believe, Tannenbaum found time for football, too. He squeezed in a few minutes with interim coach Dan Campbell to discuss which players would be active for Sunday’s hugely significant game.

In all of these meetings, he gave input. But he never gave orders.

That’s a critical distinction in light of a recent Fox Sports report, which made public a rumor that had been floating around Dolphins camp for a while: that Tannenbaum has instructed his neophyte coach whom to play — and when.

“Dan and I have a great partnership,” Tannenbaum told the Miami Herald on Friday.

“We collaborate and discuss a lot of different things. [But] at the end of the day, who plays is determined by Dan. I’m fully supportive of his decision.”

There is an important caveat: Tannenbaum, on behalf of owner Stephen Ross, will scrutinize most every decision that Campbell makes over the season’s final seven games.

People within the building insist, however, that Tannenbaum acts as an advisor, not a commander.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article45787385.html#storylink=cpy

Read the whole article, it’s pretty good insight to the many differing opinions on Mr T. here in Miami.

I’ve heard multiple interviews with Mr. T from when he was in NY. He’s a good and smart guy yet people look at him re-signing Sanchez as a defining moment in his career. His Jets teams also made it to two AFC Championship games as well. He’s not the GM meaning the main talent evaluator, he oversees the entire football program as what you posted proves. He is Ross’ right-hand man on all things football. I don’t see why people don’t like him or even care about his role. He’s not going anywhere. Ross and him will evaluate the state of the franchise at the end of the season and make decisions from there.

getterdone says:
    November 21, 2015 at 6:51 pm

WTG Sparty’s…great Defense today. What a spirited win.

the refs did everything they could for osu and they still lost. so that should move osu to the #1 ranking

Kaep on IR. Were his feelings hurt? Looks like he’s done in SF

‘He is Ross’ right-hand man on all things football.’

if ross had the first bit of sense he would make mike e his right hand man.

LOL @ Rob – I get it.

We have to bring our A game against Bryant, Williams and Witten who are all big targets. We don’t have a lot of size at LB or in the secondary so we need ultra competitive efforts tomorrow. But the biggest thing is make life miserable for Romo. I think we can move the ball on the Cowboys.

What’s up FUers? My Uconn Huskies knock off # 13 Houston to become bowl eligible

I was also very happy OSU & Urban Meyer lost today

Ken says:
    November 21, 2015 at 8:41 pm

I was also very happy OSU & Urban Meyer lost today

my mom text me after the game asking if i was happy the urban liar lost. i text her back ‘no, he is still breathing isnt he’

I wasn’t happy OSU lost. I can see Alabama losing to the Gators and still getting in now.

Heat down 16 with just under 4 minutes left in the second to 0-13 76ers.

WTF Mike?

Kobe Bryant again says he must defer to young players, preaches ball movement, yet he keeps shooting. Last night he was 5-13, 6-19 the game before that, which has been typical all season.

Ken says:
    November 21, 2015 at 9:06 pm

I thought it was crazy that Alabama was playing the little sisters of mercy this late in the season

the SEC does that a lot. i heard some commentator bitching about it today, that playing those types of schools this late in the season, but i ask, what the heck does it matter if you schedule them in the beginning or end, you still scheduled them. or you could be ND and play a bunch of high school teams and get your ranking.

I get playing them early. It’s like an exhibition game and you don’t get a preseason in CFB. But this late in the season should be playoff caliber games not games to pad your record

steveccnv says:
    November 21, 2015 at 9:04 pm

WTF Mike?

it is more like WTF steve, why are you watching the nba. i hear roller derby is more honest then the nba

ken,

but that is kind of my point the sec schedules the sec schools early in the season and play the toughest part of your schedule without like you said, preseason games. other conferences schedule the cup cakes first. i would think taking on your hardest competition without ‘preseason games’ holds more merit

lmfao, they just showed the top 4 teams most notable win. ND was navy. lmfao navy was there most notable win lmao……navy. yet they are qualified to be in the playoff cause they are so good, not cause their tv ratings are so good. just they are so good. what a fucking joke.

ken, one can bitch all they want about the sec playing soft teams to end the season but ND schedule is all preseason games

Wow OSU RB calling out coaching as reason why team lost

Howie, 31-24 Phins for me. 🙂

Good evening all. I promise I’m not going to take anyone’s head off tonight. lol

well just great. first you come here and just rip men a new one for being jerks and know a promise for no heads getting off.

Rob, looks like they have the wrong numbers, The Twenty Ten Theme. Blog at WordPress.com.

The NCAA will figure out a way to make the final 4 Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and ND.

Wow, it took the Gators OT to beat FAU, I bet OD had a woody most of the day 😉

Steve – WTF? What were you referring to?