What Make Hulk Angry?

incredible-hulk

By Dr. Bruce Banner

Some wise minstrels once sang:

You say yes, I say no
You say stop and I say go go go, oh no
You say goodbye and I say hello

This is also what blog sound like. Someone say Tannehill sucks, someone say he is franchise QB. Someone say Its all on the coaches. Someone say it’s all on the players. Someone say it’s on the owner, then someone say no it is the front office that let owner down. You know what Hulk say? Hulk say enough! Enough with blaming Tannehill, enough with blaming the coaches versus the players, enough with blaming ownership or the front office. You all wrong and you all right at same time.

Hulk see so much wrong with this team. It not just Tannehill but he no help right now with dumb pick 6 but he also not root of all evil either. It not just coaches fault but they no help when the run the running backs a total of 10 times over the course of a game. Hulk don’t know if it players or coaches fault when you have linebacker lined up against Dez Bryant in red zone but whoever do that no help. Players also no help when they drop passes, miss tackles, fail to catch kickoff in endzone or fail to stop draw play on 3rd and 14. Front office no help when it puts out flawed team year after year. When it fail to address key areas of team such as offensive line, linebacker and entire secondary. Owner no help when he continue to try to sell flawed and imperfect team as contenders and failing to see how flawed the team is. By failing to take decisive action such as firing head coach and GM at same time or waiting to fire someone until it is too late and we see another wasted season.

All those things no longer make Hulk angry but you know what make Hulk angry? That we all here on this blog will spend countless hours in vehement argument with one another over these topics. Tempers will flare, words will be exchanged, names will be called, feelings will be hurt, people will self impose bans on themselves and or just stop blogging here. We all Dolphin fans, we all want to see Dolphins win, we all frustrated with Dolphin season again and we all take it out on one another and this makes Hulk angry. Hulk angry because this God forsaken team, franchise and collections of players do not deserve our vitriol, or debates or heated exchanges. Not one argument here is deserving of this team. Not one blogger should exchange heated words over this team. This team has sucked the life and civility out of us. We are only left with finger pointing and team is no longer worth pointing a finger at anyone other than the entire franchise. Is Tannehill our franchise QB? Who cares? We find out what our next coach think about him and then maybe we care. Are the coordinators going to be back next season? Hell no so who cares about their stupid play calling. Is owner going to sell team? No so why argue about it? Now Hulk say we all get along and if not Hulk smash!

Hulk Beattles

Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized, What Make Hulk Angry. Bookmark the permalink.

624 Responses to What Make Hulk Angry?

Ken says:
    November 24, 2015 at 6:15 pm
    Because they were not expecting us to do that
    —————————————
    Lazor is ingeniously diabolical….. So crafty he confuses himself most of the time.

I still blame the background collage for the collapse of our team. It obviously jinxed us.

3. Try Pod says:

O’Howie,
    24-14 N ext Y ear J inxed, too?

4. rgs322 says:

I think the Ravens and Chargers are the most winnable games left on the schedule. The Jest and Colts games are toss ups, while I think the Giants and Pats will beat us. I’m thinking 6-10 or 7-9 at this point.

Also, right now we have the #8 pick in the draft.

I think winning in San Diego after that road trip is not easy

I agree about jests and colts
      I’m moderately confident about those games

I’m not sure what I think of the giants
      And the patriots game is at home where we beat them the kata couple of years

• rgs322 says:

Winnable doesn’t necessarily mean a win. We are talking about the Dolphins here.😉

Honestly, I’m thinking 6-10 at this point.

Good article Ken, I mean Hulk. We wouldn’t have any of this fighting and what not if everyone would just listen to me but whatever…

So Dolphin fan, you say you want a revolution

well none of it really matters, its up to the Fool on the Hill

We need a coach that can take a bad team and make it better

He has to be a quarterback writer, a quarterback righter

Reshad Jones is pound for pound, dollar for dollar the best player this team has acquired in at least the last ten years

I view this season as one game at a time. I don’t know what to expect on any given day.

8. ocalahowie says:

Nightly Update
    DOLPHINS-JETS
    Al 27-16 MIA
    Howie 24-23 MIA
    Piggy 26-24 MIA
    Rock 27-13 NYJ
    Stang 28-14 MIA
    MikeE 23-20 MIA
    T-P 24-14 NYJ
    WE’RE BAD 😦

FINALLY got back on line!! – – Not one but TWO trips by DUMBHOUSE NETWORKS finally got my internet connection problems fixed. – – But for how long?? – – If I didn’t know better, I’d SWEAR Brighthouse Networks are owned by STEVE ROSS!!!!!
    ——–
    KEN, seriously, this may be your second best short article of all time!! – – It’s exceeded only by your insightful analysis of all the greatest head coaches in NFL history!! That article, which I’d SURE like to see re-printed here, proved conclusively that Don Shula is the greatest head coach of all time BECAUSE he got to championship games with several different quarterbacks, ranging from the ultra gifted Unitas and Marino to the not-so-gifted David Woodley. He won with running oriented teams and passing teams. He even got the “NO NAME DEFENSE” and the “KILLER B’s” to championship games!!
    ——-
    And, yes, perhaps we should tone down some of the criticisms. I think all of us pretty much know were we stand on Ross, King Carl, T-Baum, the Tuna, Sparano, Ireland and Philbin. And we know what’s thought of Henne, Tanny, Suh, and the remaining cast of Dolphin characters. SO, to that end, I’m going to devote some of my entries to WHAT OWNERSHIP CAN DO TO BETTER THIS FRANCHISE!! And I’m going to assume that Ross will neither sell the team (at least within the next 2 years) NOR drop dead in the next 2 years. Sometime over the long holiday weekend I’ll compose my SEVEN, or 10 or 12 “Steps Ownership Should Take To Put The Dolphins Back In The Race For The Super Bowl!” And I promise to keep it as positive as I possibly can.
    ——-
    ONE POSITIVE STEP this site could consider would be to replay the story of the November, 1972, game between the Jets and the Dolphins in, (where else?) the historic Orange Bowl. It was one of the most intense, hard hitting, games ever played between these two arch rivals. And I believe it was the greatest performance of all time by Earl Morrall in his years with the Dolphins. –In honor of that game, I will pick – – –
    HOWIE-HOWIE-HOWIE! 28-24 MIA over the Jets this Sunday!!
    ——-
    28-24 MIA!!! – – got that, HOWIE?? – – GOOOO-O-O Fins!!!

There are only 8 teams with records above .500 right now. That’s pretty amazing.

It is, I saw it stated yesterday as 20 teams .500 or below. So this would’ve been the year for Miami to get back to the playoffs, but sadly this team just doesn’t instill much if any confidence anymore. It hurts!

Bri

You’re 3-0 this year, right?

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 24, 2015 at 7:14 pm

lol, the fins did, they signed suh, see how that has worked out for them.

son,

and you do know, just having fun with it all. i bust on you about the suh signing but it is all in good fun.

wow what a shock. the refs got something wrong in favor of the cheats i am totally shocked. who would have ever thunk it.

i am ok with the cheats going undefeated and just the nfl finally ending it all. all this wwf shit. just let them go undefeated then go back to not being the wwf. please. so i can watch football again. please.

LOL @ Son and the Paperback Writer parody. Well done.

It’s cool Rob, I can take it. Besides Suh’s the least of our problems right now.

Nice job with the Beatles Son. I came home from work today and my daughter was playing Let it Be on the piano. She’s a Beatles fan. I’ve done something right with her. 🙂

Wow that’s awesome, I love when young people appreciate the good stuff or recognize it. You did good.

Rob, oh shit I mean ffr, maybe that’s what it will take to end this shit but Don Shula is still alive so if I were them I’d be careful, very careful.

Son, just wondering, what do you think of Lazor and his offensive system and approach?

I think he’s doing pretty much what the rest of the league is doing but I’m not sure he’s a very good situational play caller. I wonder if he’d fare better if he were in the booth and seeing the entire defense.

He was already in the booth under Philbin the 1st half or so of that losing season. Nothing is gonna help Lazor but a complete change of philosophy.

Do you think Lazor abandons the running game too quickly even when it’s working?

The reason I’m asking is because I think he’s so off on how to set a team up throughout a game that it’s maddening. He never allows this offense to get into a rhythm. He’s all over the place. Shotgun all the time even on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and short. The defense can always see what’s happening. I mean WTF? Calling screens on 3rd and long? That’s a loser’s approach. He’s not aggressive, he’s passive aggressive. LOL

HERD: Mrs OD and I saw “Beatles Love” by Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas last Christmas. IT was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! And that’s from two people who were NOT wild about the Beatles back in the Day! You and your daughter MUST SEE IT!!
    ————
    Time to walk the greyhound and call it a night. Both the Greyhound and her master have been on the injured list much of this week. But we’re both recovering just in time for Thanksgiving!! –Talk to all U fine folks tomorrow. Good Night to all!

“He’s not aggressive”

There’s some reason to that too, I’d presume but I don’t want to even start. (shut the fuck up son)

Oh okay. You still don’t see the fuckups up front, the penalties, the dropped passes and one dimensional football?

Son, RT is not a 75% shotgun pocket passer. He should be in a more balanced 30/30 WCO attack.

I seriously hope we hire a new HC because I think we will (I do not think Campbell will be the guy) who changes this maddening scheme of failure on offense. I thought Gary Stevens was bad that one year. This is the worst system I’ve ever seen in-game. How many times do we have to walk away saying what the fuck kind of play was that at this time? It’s ridiculous!

getterdone says:
    November 24, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Who was?

I agree that we see a lot of problems up front at times but I see that with EVERY team, as for the penalties yes they are maddening. The drops, at least what are called drops, are often times horrible passes. I don’t see drops like Brandon Marshall had where he simply drops a perfect pass although we do have some and that will happen but I see a lot of missed place balls that kill us.

Tim, I was talking about Lazor was upstairs at first….then Philbin brought him & Coyle to calls plays on the sidelines. Didn’t help though as both are flawed schemes and more so flawed sequential play calling with lack of awareness or proper in game adjustments.
    So it has affected everyone. Miller, the OL, the TE’s, WR’s, and yes even Tanny.

Good play calling puts players in better positions and better rhythm to execute plays for positive gain.

I think the offensive scheme sucks. Our base 4-3 defense is a standard 4-3 scheme. We don’t have enough ready to go players in the back end. That’s where we’re getting beat. Lots of what’s going on out there?

R. Jones has elevated his game to a pro bowl level.

I see Anarumo trying to mix it up too. C. McCain and Hewitt are good attack guys and I think he’s seeing that. I want Vigil to replace Misi believe it or not in 2016. That is the role I believe he will excel in even as a role player. Much cheaper and asked to do more jobs. I really like Misi but he makes too much money for what he produces. Not sure if we can trade him or what his cap hit would be, but I think we need to change this team up a bit.

We need to add a really good LB whether in FA or top prospect. It’s a void. No doubt!

• jetsssuck says:

And to think the fins were considering building a amusement center on the grounds of stadium. The Mint Lounge?

• jetsssuck says:

they had a shooting several months ago at mint lounge which is 100ft from police headquarters for miami gardens police dept. 2 security guards got killed from mint lounge and it took police dept 15 minutes to arrive.

• jetsssuck says:

happened at 38 avenue and 199.Right in the middle of old carol city by the HS–ghetto big time

27. Try Pod says:

Not a fan of MMA/UFC, particularly of women fighting, but if this lady is an example of the character of the fighters, I may have to re-think that:

28. jetsssuck says:

busy day today preparing for thanksgiving where i have to pick up the hams and turkeys. I’m in charge of cooking collard greens(has bacon in it piggy), green beans(more bacon), squash, and mashed potatoes(tomorrow).
    everyone loves poor piggy this time of year.

EXTREMELY THANKFUL to be an American at this wonderful time of year! Spent time with my sis and brother-in-law a few days ago. Realized we are all at that point of life when you’re “rounding third and heading for home.” VOWED to make MORE TRIPS TO SOUTH FLORIDA from the Tampa area so that we may be with them as often as possible during the time we have left. Would NEVER have experience my “BOYZ” and my “GALZ” had I not been brought to the land of opportunity. Would NEVER have experienced THE PERFECT SEASON either! Both me and Mrs. OD have so much to be thankful for. All of you are also among those things to be thankful for, too. ALL of you have a wonderful day today. And if things get a bit stressful or crazy, just think of the 17-0 season, AND A SMILE WILL COME TO YOUR FACE!!

I’m getting a head start on Thanksgiving, arrived at my mom’s last night. Spending today getting as much as possible prepped for tomorrow since my mom really isn’t able to cook like she used to. I guess there’s lots to be thankful for but with this the first Thanksgiving without my Dad it’s not going to be quite the same. I always used to make his favorite cake for him, one of my grandmother’s recipes, he was the only one who really liked it. I automatically started to get the ingredients at the store to make it and realized there was no need to this year. Funny how things like that sneak up on you.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer today. So to lighten things up…

November 24, 2015 at 8:42 pm
    Bri

You’re 3-0 this year, right?
    Not until about 4:15 pm Sunday.

Herd,
    You should make it anyway. Might be nice to carry on that tradition.

Herd

Just read your post. I think you should make that cake anyway. Maybe now that your dad isn’t around, everyone will eat it and enjoy it. Think of it as “humble cake”, rather than humble pie.

Herd, what kind of cake is it?

35. jetsssuck says:

pumpkin cheesecake pie- we have it xmas and thanksgiving. It takes 6-7 hours to make but its well worth it since I don’t make it

Apple spice cake, caramel frosting.

Mike, have you ever had balsamic olive loaf fluff cake?

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 24, 2015 at 7:18 pm
    —————————————-
    I think Landry is personally, he just hasnt had the years with the team to have the track record to convince people, but what i see in Landry is beyond what i see in any other player on the field for us.

Jones is a pretty close second imo, Wake would be a close third, and thats holding his health against him. Id put Miller up there too, maybe 4th.

I almost replied the same D, because despite last weeks game, Landry brings it all the time, and if we actually had some weapons besides him, he would be even more dangerous. Maybe someday Bad Foot will be that weapon.

I think Holidays are always hard for those who have recently lost someone, first Thanksgiving without, first birthday after passing, etc. I actually was on my drive home last night and my throat was really scratchy so i stopped into a dollar general to get a big bottle of water. Im in line getting ready to check out and this one lady is there, she is checking out and a person she knew came in and talked to her really quick and when she went over to see her she hugged her and then the lady started bawling. They hugged for a really really long time and then when they broke away they started talking and turned out the lady had recently (June is what i think they said) lost a 19 year old son. She said people had tried to cheer her up several times but each time had inadvertently just reminded her more that her son was dead. The friend asked her how she was holding up since thanksgiving was coming up and she said “barely”.

I cant imagine the loss, i dont want to imagine it, like with your situation Herd, its something i want to avoid as long as i can. I think though that if you force your way through this one, the next one will probably be more about the happy memories than the sorrow of the loss, and each year after, more and more happy memories. The missing them i doubt ever goes away but i think the fixiation on the sadness will.

Im hoping that you and the lady i saw at the dollar general make it through this year as best you can, and i hope as many fond memories pop up that help fight off the sadness. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Herd

I actually wrote an article for tomorrow. Do you mind if I use the picture you were going to post?

Herd

I did send an email about an hour ago.

That’s a sad story D.

In addition to Jones and Landry being the best guys we have developed I would also include Miller in that mix. He had made huge strides imo especially as a receiving option out of the backfield. He was once a liability in that role and he is now a real weapon in that role.

Ken, I’d make Miller a priority to re-sign unless Lazor is still the OC. Then there’s no point, we can just give Ajayi the ball 7-10 times and call it a day.

Miller will probably want a pretty decent contract and I would think more stability than what our franchise can offer. I suppose we need to see who is the HC is before we can predict but right now if I am a betting man I would think he won’t be back

He should be, but im afraid he wont be. Im not seeing any of our starter FA’s who will be resigned for anything but a team friendly amount. I think they will try the hardest and comes as close to matching market value for Miller, but i have a feeling someone else will exceed that number and steal him away. It does greatly depend on the coaching change, it does greatly depend on Millers desire to stay here.

I really want him to stay, i think there are few backs in the league that cant match his hybrid abilities. Very dynamic player. I just dont know that i trust the FO feels they can afford to value him in the same manner. They of course have a lot more things to consider than we as fans do.

Off to my next meeting. Peace

46. Al in MIA says:

The only positive regarding Miller is that most NFL teams these days are not paying high $ to veteran backs. They rather go with the cheaper draft option.

I have no idea what will happen with Miller. I’m just saying I’d make it a priority to re-sign him. He’s young, entering his prime playing really well and doesn’t have a lot of wear and tear on him. There aren’t a lot of backs in the league with Miller’s explosive step.

48. Al in MIA says:

The offensive pieces look good if they can throw in a dynamic TE and another WR (given Parker’s injury status).

WR: DeVante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Rishard Matthews, Kenny Stills
    RB: Lamar Miller, Jay Ajayi

49. Al in MIA says:

D says:
    November 25, 2015 at 11:51 am

I have Landry, Jones, Wake and Miller. All developed by us, unless you think that Wake’s development came from his very short time in Canada.
    ——-
    20+ teams were trying to sign Wake when he ultimately signed with Miami.
    His pass rushing skills were already there but his game vs the run was not refined.

• Al in MIA says:

Parcells probably played a big role in Wake’s decision to sign there; also opportunity (given there was an open spot)

• Brian in NY says:

Yes. Pittsburgh was pushing hard for him as well. If I remember correctly it was a matter of us offering him a good contract before anyone else.

50. Al in MIA says:

I was looking at the Dolphins draft history and realized the Fins have not attempted to draft a true FS higher than RD 5 since 1989 when they took Louis Oliver in RD 1.

The loss to Jacksonville is the one that bothers me the most this season. We were blown out in 4 out of the other five losses, so those don’t bother me as much.

Al, actually there wasn’t an open spot when we signed Wake, Porter and JT were the starters and they brought Wake along slowly.

Yes Parcells was a big reason he signed with us, that was reported at the time.

Wow, look at this amazing little doggy. The assholes who did this to him need to have some bad karma come their way in a big way. What a bunch of pieces of shit.

And to be thankful we have a QB that’s better than half the other QB’s in the league!

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 24m24 minutes ago
    Dolpbins sign CB Dax Swanson to practice squad. Cut DT Deandre Coleman.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 1h1 hour ago
    Check out @MDC_Jodi’s sideline gallery! http://www.dolphinscheerleaders.com/cheerleader_photos/jodi-in-action

For The afternoon crowd! 😉

SO the question of the day is…….Do you add meat to your thanksgiving stuffing?

Rockphin says:
    November 25, 2015 at 1:15 pm

SO the question of the day is…….Do you add meat to your thanksgiving stuffing?

rock,

dont you know, without meat there is no stuffing

wyoming85 says:
    November 25, 2015 at 1:20 pm

I thought that was pudding?

that all depends. enough meat and stuffing it would turn into pudding.

Hippy Thanksgiving Brah’s!

Last week I didn’t know what I was going to do for Thanksgiving. I hadn’t gotten any invitations to anyone’s house, my family is all out in Colorado and I couldn’t get the time off of work and / or have the money to travel the day before and the weekend of Thanksgiving so it was looking like Hungry man frozen turkey dinner for me.

One of my buddies called me over the weekend and asked me what I was doing now that I was divorced and didn’t have her family to go to and I told him “Hungryman” He says “Bullshit, your coming over our place” Cool…..I asked him if he wanted me to make anything and we finally decided that I will make the stuffing, gravey and green been casserole.

I get a text from him this morning. “What time are you coming over in the morning to start the Turkey?”

I said “what do you mean, I thought you were cooking the turkey.” He said “Yeah, I was, I bought the bird, but you are making the stuffing right? We have to stuff the bird before you put it in the oven right?” I figured while you are here making the stuffing you can cook the bird too, besides you are a better cook than me or the wife.”

LOL! I am happy to do it. I am a pretty damn good cook and never do it because it’s a pain in the ass to cook for one. I guess I am cooking thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

• herdfan says:

Glad it’s all working out for you Rock. And you don’t have to do the stuffing in the turkey, I guess that’s the difference between stuffing and dressing. I used to bake turkey but then I did the deep fried and that was the end of baking turkey. Yum!

Give me an address….sounds good. 🙂

That’s better than alone and Hungryman. We don’t put our stuffing in the bird but we do baste it with the turkey juices which makes it really good.

but its well worth it since I don’t make it

LOL!!! Funny!

LOL Better than half, so he is worse than half too? That would make him Mediocre right? LOL

Stop by Rock
    I’m frying 2 tomorrow I can throw another one in! 😉

GD, the apple cornbread sausage stuffing we make is amazing. My wife found the recipe about 10 years ago and we’ve been making it ever since.

I’ve had sausage stuffing before, but with the regular bread thing. The addition of sweet corn bread & apple sound like a very good cornucopia of flavor. 😛

Yeah, the bread we use is stale Italian, wheat and corn. You cook the onions in butter, than the apples in butter, than the sage breakfast sausage all in the same pan one after each other. My wife adds some savory spices including more sage. You mix it all together and steam it in pans of water in the oven basting it with the turkey juices. Everyone who has had it thinks it’s amazing. I love it!

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 2m2 minutes ago
    In the open portion of #Dolphins practice, Jelani Jenkins & Branden Albert aren’t working. Jarvis Landry isn’t here so far

Rock

That’s a cool story man. Have a great time!

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 1m1 minute ago Davie, FL
    Jenkins running around & looking fairly spry, however while doing work on the side.

Brian in NY says:
    November 25, 2015 at 12:21 pm
    I loved Louis Oliver.
    ——————————————-
    Me too i remember it was one of the first pairings for me between a UF player i really loved coming to the pro team i loved. Trace Armstrong eventually made it to our team. We whiffed on drafting Emmit Smith and instead took that terd from Tallahassee Sammy Smith.

Im read for us to get aother UF DB in the first round this next year. I would like to draft a S somewhere between rounds 1 and 2 this year if possible,

I wouldn’t go S in the early rounds at all.
        We got Jones, and we got some young guys that are getting experience @ FS. Plus like I said, #22 might be better suited at FS next offseason.

I say go OT/OG, LB, or DE early.

That sucked we took the wrong Smith…I was like UGH! Thanks for bringing up that nightmare. Fumbling Sammy cost us in a playoff game I remember too.

Rock, also Marie Callender’s frozen dinners are better than Swanson.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 8s8 seconds ago
    Jelani Jenkins is doing agility drills trying to get clearance to play on his sprained left ankle.

Who makes more of an impact on the 2015 Dolphins season, Quit-ON Coples or Devante “Bad Foot” Parker?

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 4m4 minutes ago Davie, FL
    LB Koa Misi, who was spotted dancing at one point, seems agile & in good spirits. He’s practicing.

I wouldn’t go safety 1st rd either. I wouldn’t go corner either. I’d be looking edge pass rusher.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 1m1 minute ago
    The Dolphins have Kenny Stills, Rishard Matthews and Bobby McCain returning punts because Jarvis Landry is absent today.

Go BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock, cooking a turkey is fun, you don’t have to do much but baste it and smell it. I love the smells of Thanksgiving.

I always separate the skin (while it’s raw), kind of get my hands under the skin and rub butter over the flesh under the skin and then make sure the skin is all back in place before tying the legs and wings. But yeah, after that you don’t do much but baste it.

I’d draft either a LB, OL (LT), or CB in the 1st

Who throws more TD’s and his team wins the game this week, Nayr Llihennat or Mac Notwen?

Rock

I think it’s great that you’re cooking there too, you’ll feel much more like a part of the festivities, and not a guest. I think you’re going to have a fantastic day

getterdone says:
    November 25, 2015 at 1:49 pm
    I wouldn’t go S in the early rounds at all.

I say go OT/OG, LB, or DE early.
    ——————————————————-
    If we wind up drafting early enough to get Hargreaves, im going CB with the pick. He’s the player i want out of this draft the most, number 1 on my big board. Tunsil is the OT i want (number 3 overall on my big board), Stanley would be a decent consolation prize, but outside those two i think we can get a guy who would be ready to take over for Albert next year if he goes down, and we can get that guy in the 2nd or 3rd. LT is a pretty deep class, but its not a deep elite class.

If we are replacing Albert, we probably need to look at either OT in the first, if we think Albert at least starts the year, we can wait until 2nd or 3rd. We could also look at beginning to evaluate Turner there, i think he still is a better OT than he will ever develop into as an OG.

OG is a kinda weak class, only 1 truly elite player there, and then a bunch of guys who inspire me about as much as Turner or Thomas out of college, meaning they have all the tools and ability to play the position, but they just dont jump off the page like this will be a stud at the next level. It will be hit or miss with any of the rest outside Vadal Alexander.

DE is a fairly deep class. Several elite level guys that should push first round talent into deep 2nd possibly even shallow 3rd. When you are talking about Shaq Lawson, Carl Lawson and Jonathan Bullard as some of the 2nd to third tier people in this draft thats a really huge statement. I think we can wait a round or two for DE and still get a real stud. The question is do we need 2 of those guys or just 1, if we feel Wake’s health situation is never going to stabilize and he may start not making it through years before getting injured and going on IR, then we may need to draft two elite level guys. If there is no Hargreaves on the board, but Nkemdiche still there, thats my pick in the 1st. He’s number 2 on my big board. He’s a Watt like dude, similar size/speed/athletic ability. He’s used on offense, he’s a red zone receiving target, he incredibly gifted player who can slide inside to DT to give flexibility of formation shifts etc.

ILB is a really questionable class. Lots of instinctual players, hard nosed dudes but i really question most of their abilities to hang with NFL caliber TE’s and RB’s. Reggie Ragland, Kentrell Brothers, Antonio Morrison, Kendell Beckwith, Cassanova McKinzy, Kris Frost are all really good prospects but other than McKinzy, Beckwith and Ragland, none of them have the physical attributes to really stand out. I would target one of those 3 maybe rounds 2 or 3, with idea of falling back to Brothers, who plays with superb instincts, or Frost in 4-5th rounds. I am not a fan of Jaylon Smith, first he’s really small for ILB, and probably transitions to OLB in the NFL, and secondly he’s not as good on film as a lot of the guys i mentioned before him. First round pick on him would be a waste of a pick.

OLB there are a bunch of qualified selections and i think because of that there is plenty of talent deeper in the draft to get one.

RB might also be a concern for us if we lose Miller

I agree with much of your post, except doubling down early on 2 DE’s if Wake doesn’t stay or can’t be counted on.
      Depends on if we extend OV, and also we have Fede developing. Also depends on what happens with our DC situation and what type of Defense the new guys employ.

Also I’m totally on board with finding Albert’s eventual successor as I’ve mentioned before.
      But I’m not sold on that being our Billy Turner. I know LT is much different than RG, but he has trouble in pass protect, but seems ok in run blocking. I’m sure he’s had some looksie’s in training camp under Philbin @ LT and it didn’t jump out at anyone.

November 25, 2015 at 2:01 pm
    I’d draft either a LB, OL (LT), or CB in the 1st
    ———————————-
    There are no 1st round worthy ILB’s in this next draft, and personally the difference between some of the OLB’s with first round grades and the ones with 2nd or 3rd round grades isnt a wide margin. LB to me isnt a 1st round need but the draft matches better for us 2-3rd.

November 25, 2015 at 2:07 pm

We’re not making the turkey this year but we do the same thing, It makes it much more moist.

brine it. want a moist turkey brine it for 24 hours. absolutely perfect.

I highly doubt we find a guy in the draft who can replace Albert. I’d stick with Albert for next year. Maybe draft a tackle to groom behind him and maybe play guard at first, but not sure about that either.

Is why I put OT/OG…may start out that way before going to LT full time. But get the guy in house asap so he can groom behind Albert for a year if Albert stays healthy that is. 🙄

Tunsil absolutely could replace Albert in his first year. He’s damn near an Albert clone. Really fundamentally sound with great form, very quick on his feet, good lateral movement and really good strength. He also likely is off the board by time we pick unless we are like pick 3-5. Stanley is good overall, but he has some problems with big DE with good strength moves. He got owned by Shaq Lawson, so he would need to get some strength conditioning, which also isnt a big deal and would expect him to easily overcome that shortcoming. So i feel he would probably be able to replace Albert really early if need be perhaps be a day one replacement. The rest, no i dont think they are out of the gate good enough but a lot could likely replace him before the end of the season or be rotated in some right off to give them experience and Albert a snap or two off.

The last time I made a turkey (Has to be 8-9 years ago) I forgot to take the wax bag with turkey neck in it out of the neck cavity. I took the giblets out of the main cavity but had a brain fart and forgot the neck and the stuff they put in the neck cavity…….Needless to say the bird was not edible after 5-6 hours of roasting with a waxed paper bag still stuffed inside it! MAJOR FAIL!

D, you always have concise intelligent posts. but they are too damn long! LOL I cannot get through one in the first read. I have to take a break and come back! Jk/BB

D, I don’t trust rookie OL to start anymore. So many of them have struggled the past few years.

IMO That is because of the new CBA. You cannot get the guys in the trenches enough reps with full pads anymore before actual games start. They have to keep on developing after the season starts. It’s a problem across the league on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, again is why we need one next draft so he can get up to speed before Albert is sidelined or cut.

Reshad Jones ✔ @reshadjones9
    Only 12 hours left to vote for @God_Son80 #JuiceLandry https://twitter.com/god_son80/status/669297779584299008
    Retweeted by Miami Dolphins

89. jetsssuck says:

Rockphin says:
    November 25, 2015 at 2:05 pm

———————————————————–
    I make mine the same way….got that recipe from allrecipes it was called the michigander way

A good way to do turkey is to stick it in a pot of boiling water first for about 10 min, this will blanch it, thus close the pores of the skin to later hold in the moisture.

Then when you are ready for the oven after rubbing the turkey with your spices etc., you place a small duck inside the turkey before baking.

Oh, and you make sure with the duck inside, you place turkey upside down so the moist grease dripping from the duck drips down into the breast of the turkey.
    It’s the bomb, very moist and tender breast meat everytime, so tasty too!

………………………..

Jetsuck,
    Food Network is channel 231 on DirectTV

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Carolina leads the NFL in rush attempts (342). Bottom 3 in rush attempts: Det (207), Miami (209), Cleveland (226).
    _________________________
    …and these teams records reflect it in such a big way!!!

• Brian in NY says:

There is some validity to that GD, but at least in the Dolphins case, they have been blown out in four games this season. You can’t run as much when you are down big.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    Asked Campbell about the fifth-year option risk with Coples. Said they did their homework and “we believe in the athlete.”

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “What we know about him is that if we put him in base he’s going to be able to set the edge,” Dan Campbell said of Quinton Coples.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    Campbell on Coples: He adds depth, he’s a good looking athlete. If you put him in at base, he’s going to set the edge for you.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “We want to put his hand in the dirt. That’s what he’s built to do, but he does have some versatility,” Dan Campbell on Quinton Coples.

How great would it be to see Coples destroy Fitzpatrick this Sunday!

Brian, I don’t know about OV going. He could if Coples shows something in the next 6 games. That’s a good amount of evaluation time for them both I think.

GD,

That’s funny, because I read after Coples was released that Bowles thought he was more effective when used inside in the 4-3, because he didn’t have enough speed to play DE consistently!

98. jetsssuck says:

here’s the recipe Rockphin was talking about where you put the butter under the skin of turkey. I make mine the same way. 1400 plus reviews gave it a 5 stars.

I guess Cambell is tired of the D giving up the edge on runs!

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 52m52 minutes ago

100. Realist says:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Prove me wrong Phins…24 – 13 Jerks.

Anyone see where Rex Ryan was saying he almost used Richie Incognito on defense as an DT? I actually wouldnt doubt he would probably be pretty decent at it.

I wonder if someone like Mitchell might also not be too bad flipped over to OG. If Phillips really comes along we might have a luxury of trying him there next year.

I just noticed Barrett Jones is on Chicago’s roster. I would steal him off there as a depth player for our OL. He was the top LT one year at Alabama, moved in to OG and was a all SEC there, and then was an all SEC OC his final year when they won the championship beating ND. He also has that nasty attitude you like an OL to have. He had a lisfranc injury that got him on a slow start in his NFL career but i can guaranteed he is better than some of our PS/Backup players.

Buffalo has 2 guys i would want on our team, Mike Gillislee and Jaylen Watkins. Gills > Williams.

Man Buffalo’s PS has some pretty big names. Jaylen Watkins, Gills, Cyril Richardson, Nick O’Leary….

Sorry had to step out Brian, but yes getting blown out takes away our running game. What I can’t stand tho is how easily it is abandoned and never really the focal point in any game plan it seems.
    There was never any commitment to the run until Campbell was promoted and even then it get’s shelved early because of how ineffective it is with the formations Lazor ‘runs’…pun included.

ReeseDismukes, former Auburn OC/OG on Carolina’s PS.

D, what in the world has Gillislee ever shown?
    I mean I was hoping for the best from the kid. He played HS a few miles from where I live now, was a Gator and all, but he just can’t seem to transition to the Pro game at all.

I think he is a way better runner than Williams. Williams is probably better receiver, but i dont think Gills ever really got opportunities. He definitely has a better PS than Williams, most here agreed with that.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste on the Lions PS, 6’3 rangy CB. I still think he would be a better FS

Oh wow i didnt notice but we have Anthony Steen on our PS now. He was a really good OG at Alabama.

It will be a tough decision whether to pay OV and/or Miller. Depends on how much new Cap grows and also especially on the play these last 6 games of guys like Ajayi, Fede, Shelby, Coples, and if Wake will comeback healthy, as well as at a discount restructure.

I always look at it like how easy is this guy replaced. IMO OV can be replaced in draft. Im not saying he isnt good enough to keep, i think he is one of the more balanced DE’s out there, but he isnt exceptional at either pass rush or run defense, more of better than average at both. I think he will have teams that can utilize him better but i also think we can draft a guy to replace him 3rd roundish in this next years draft. Wake is harder to replace of course and would require a higher level draft pick to do so.

Miller is going to be really difficult to replace. I would make considerable effort to re-signing him, but of course we still have to try to be frugal given our cap situation. There are some RB’s in the draft next year with potential to be as explosive as him but we will most likely miss out on those guys while we are filling holes on defense.

David no more Yankey my Wankey….on Minnesota PS.

I hope each and everyone of you has a fantastic Thanksgiving
    I am very thankful to have a great group of people like you to “hang out with” and talk dolphins and other random shit

Jets have several id like to steal off PS. Wes Saxton, Jarvis Harrison, Taiwan Jones….

114. ocalahowie says:

T-P 24-14 NYJ
    Wyo 19-17 MIA
    Old 28-24 MIA
    GDP 17-13 MIA
    Real 24-13 NYJ
    WE’RE BAD 😦

GD, Coples is a 4-3 DE and can move inside on passing downs. Bowles said when he was released, he was too big for 3-4 OLB and not quick enough. He would play inside in their 3-4 but they’re deep there. I’m sure there is something else they don’t like about him or they would not have waived him.

He’s got 6 weeks to figure out how to keep employed.

True, if he makes it that long. I wasn’t high on him in the draft. He’s known to have an inconsistent motor and that’s the underlying reason I think he was cut. Maybe this is a wake up call or he is who who he is.

D, OV would probably be a better 3-4 OLB. So would McCain.

I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in case I bail at some point. Everyone enjoy the day and hope we don’t see wars in the world escalate which could happen with Russia and Turkey.

Peace & Love

Just popped in to say Happy Thanksgiving to every one in case i dont have time to stop by and wish all a Happy thanksgiving tomorrow. Hope all you guys eat and drink to much and have a wonderful day

Peace & Love

tim, if you change that to piece, then there is usually something to love

Thanks and same here.
    Have a Very Blessed Thanksgiving, giving thanks for the things that you do have, which is a lot compared to most of the world.

Thanks guys for being my friend!

Go Phins!

I think it all comes down to how OV gauges his own worth. If he wants top dollar, I’d say adios. He is inconsistent and has often been taken out of the games. Sometimes you don’t even know he’s on the field. I just don’t see consistent, top end talent….and I am always hesitant to evaluate a guy’s future value based on his contract year performance. If he’s willing to take a salary that is fair but not huge…I’d keep him and start using his athleticism in creative ways. I still think he’d be a good MLB….if he’s smart enough to call defenses. He’s really good going sideways. He tracks down plays well and is a decent tackler. I don’t know why they stopped blitzing him thru the A gaps as much as they did a couple years ago. He was really productive at it. He beats guards much more consistently than he bests left tackles.
    ***
    But, teams constantly overpay in FA so what the hell do I know.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Randy says:
    November 25, 2015 at 7:08 pm

But, teams constantly overpay in FA so what the hell do I know.

from most of your comment, obviously nothing

124. ocalahowie says:

Coples can be the next big thing since Wake…
    He has made a name for himself over the years but as most our big name signing usually go he will most likely lay back and take a nice Miami Vacation while getting paid a ton of cash for the next 7 games.
    HE SUCKS!!!

BTW did you guys see OV get a sack from the LEFT side?
    Perhaps his true position.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

“Ahem, first I’d like to thank all the people here that have supported me & believed in me, then, then, ahem, I’d, I’d, oh screw it, I’m outta here! SMH ” 😯

Son
    He didn’t set the edge on the left either!

128. ocalahowie says: