What Make Hulk Angry

incredible-hulk

By Dr. Bruce Banner

So Hulk watch Dolphins play Giants on Monday Night Football. Hulk no expect Dolphins to win game because Giants have a 2 time Super Bowl MVP quarterback and best wide receiver in football. Sure enough that combination was more than enough to overwhelm putrid defense. But at least Hulk watch Dolphins offense led by Ryan Tannehill play some good ball in game. Hulk watch Tannehill convert many third and long situations. Hulk watch Tannehill throw deep ball touchdown to Kenny Stills in stride. Hulk watch Tannehill run and make plays with his legs. Then of course Hulk watch late in game on 3rd and long Tannehill miss Jarvis Landry. Hulk sad he miss but Hulk think Tannehill play good game and gave team chance to win, especially considering all the drops including drop by Stone Hands Sims that was likely a touchdown. So Hulk think well at least we saw development in our quarterback.

So Hulk not happy with loss but at least Hulk think offense and quarterback showed something then Hulk come on this site. The dialogue went something like this:

Tannehill missed Landry, he stinks. He is the reason why we lost. He is the reason why we are not going to the playoffs. The defense gave up 31 points – blame Tannehill. Manning completed almost 90 percent of his passes – blame Tannehill. Beckham was wide open all night – blame Tannehill. The Giants ran out the ball for the final five minutes of the game – blame Tannehill. Global warming – blame Tannehill. The rise of Isis – blame Tannehill. My wife is cheating on me – blame Tannehill. Santa Claus is not real – blame Tannehill.

Hulk read all this and he start to get angry. Hulk gets it. Tannehill’s play is not above criticism. He makes some bad plays and has had some bad games at times this year. But Hulk no get how everyone see Tannehill as reason why team lost this week or why team is struggling. Tannehill no let Manning complete all but 4 passes. Tannehill is not 32nd ranked run defense in league. Tannehill not responsible for numerous false start and holding penalties. Tannehill no drop 7 passes. Yet everyone blame Tannehill as sole reason why team is losing. Instead Hulk see a quarterback who has thrown 2 times as many touchdowns as interceptions. Who has not missed a start now into his 4th season and that is despite being sacked more than any other quarterback over the last 4 seasons behind horrible offensive line. Hulk see a quarterback who has now 4 consecutive years over 3,000 yards and is now likely on pace for 2 consecutive seasons over 4,000 yards. Hulk see a quarterback who does this all despite poor coaching, multiple offensive coordinators over the 4 years, an interim rookie head coach who has never been a coordinator and an offensive coordinator who has never called a  play until 2 weeks ago. So Hulk get angry when he sees so many here not appreciate that one piece we don’t have to go replace is the quarterback. Hulk make you bet that Rex Ryan would trade his wife’s right foot for Tannehill as starting quarterback of Bills instead of Tyrod Taylor. So Hulk say fix what is wrong with team – the offensive and defensive lines. Oh and fix linebacker too. Don’t forget to fix secondary that could no cover anyone. Hulk says fix those positions before you go fixing quarterback and Hulk say appreciate Tannehill or Hulk smash.

If Ryan Tannehill were a Superhero:

Tannehulk

Aside | This entry was posted in All Posts, Uncategorized, What Make Hulk Angry. Bookmark the permalink.

330 Responses to What Make Hulk Angry

1. ocalahowie says:

Morning Update
    DOLPHINS-CHARGERS
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    Mike 35-20 SD
    Toba 38-10 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

Pig Hulk like Hulk
    But Pig Hulk think a hulk wrong
    Pig Hulk think if Ryan Tannehill and Hulk on same avenger team
    And have to save the Earth
    Then Earth die and Hulk get blamed for it
    But super Tannehill has good stats

3. Try Pod says:

O’Howie,
    I actually believe the Dolphins will win this game- no particular reason, just do.
    24-14 M ediocrity I nstills A narchy

Well done Hulk. I don’t think even the Tanne-haters think EVERYTHING is his fault, but when he can’t do any kind of good in the 4th QTR in too many games, they will pounce on that, and rightfully so. He’s got to fix that. I think that’s one criticism that has some weight to it. He can play well all game, but when it comes to winning the game, he too often disappears. It’s not ALL his fault, because we have no balance in our offense, but it would be nice to see once in a while.

• Try Pod says:

Hater? HATER?
      Sir- we are no haters. To a person, everyone on this board who has ever said something that elicited a response from the Tanneshills (which pretty much covers ANYTHING said about Tannehill that could even be remotely construed as not positive) has said they want him to succeed- they hope he is successful. No, we are no “haters”- we are, as our old friend, Mr. Conspiracy Theory himself would say, REALISTS.

I don’t care if we beat SD. They suck we suck, we all suck. I just hope that some of our young guys show some promise. I wouldn’t mind having a top 10 pick. It will be more attractive to the new regime.

There’s nothing worse than a hater in denial. Lol

Gotta have 2 sides, so we have the Tanneshills vs Tannehaters. It’s just easier to identify one another. I’m on both sides really. I’m not sure he’s the guy, but I do believe he can be, that much I say with conviction. We haven’t done a lot of things right with this team during his tenure, but if we ever get it right with the coaches and the talent influx, I think he can be much better.

• Try Pod says:

I think if he could place the ball better it would make the receivers look better, so…

• Try Pod says:

Nah, not today. This gets old for everyone. And you know I have said from the beginning that the problem this team has is systemic- it can’t be fixed until ownership makes the changes necessary at the very top.

Once Jake Scott left the franchise went downhill.

• Try Pod says:

I once had a brief email conversation with Jim Mandich. It was right after my mothers’ husband died. I emailed Jim to let him know a fan of Scott and his had passed away, and that he always told us stories about being in Miami in the late 60’s and early 70’s, and about a bar that he would go to that lots of Dolphins players would frequent, and that he eventually befriended some of them and selling them cars, including Jake and Jim. The only thing he said to me in response was something along the lines of “Jake was my best buddy” and “I miss him”.

Ken, I still get a kick out of you writing in Hulk speak. LOL

Mike, most of Egypt is in Africa but part of it is in Asia.

11. Al in MIA says:

Me too. I imagine the voice in my head lol

12. Al in MIA says:

I try not to get too caught up in the RT talk but some perspective in the data.
    Ryan Tannehill’s QB rating right now is 88.0
    Last year Cam Newton’s rating was 82.1. This is his first year in the 90s

People see what they want it see. It’s one of the reasons I don’t get sucked into the discussions around here. Just know that Jake Scott rules all in Dolphin land and everything else is just trivial.

Nice Hulkin article Ken.

December 18, 2015 at 8:33 am (Edit)

***********************
    If we have two sides we get to pick the opposition’s name

and I am calling you guys the Tannehill Shuffle Dancers

Since every time some one criticizes Tanny the misdirection starts and you guys do a little two step like talk about how bad the OL or WRs are, or you guys do the more frustrating technique and twist some one’s comment to the extreme like suggesting that if some one criticizes Tanny it means we blame him for every loss or problem on the team

If Bat’s around I want his input on the name, because he is the resident wordsmith

Also, just for the record
    I think Tannehill might be a very good QB in time
    I don’t want to replace him in 2016, maybe 2017 if he doesn’t improve next season
    I just happen to think he is bad now and people are shifting blame to other parts of the team to protect him

Bad just isn’t the right word. He’s far from bad, but that’s how this gets started. lol

The thing is
        I think he is bad now or at least below average
        Not Marc Sanchez or Cha Henne bad

He’s pretty much average as a lot of people admit
        maybe even good at times
        but when we need him to be good
        in a clutch situation
        he is awful

and that is what pushes him from just average to bad

Why do people who are not overly critical of Tannehill have to have a label? The critical types always feel like they’re just telling it like it is and anyone who doesn’t align with that thinking gets some kind of label/name. Yet the critical types cry foul and play victim when someone has an opposing view. That’s always how it goes down on these blogs.

We don’t have to label anyone
        Mike E suggested it
        I’m having fun with it

There is no way I would agree to a less a phrase like Tannehills for people that defend Tannehill
        There is a level of denial and misdirection that is out there to defend Tannehill from any criticism

for the record I think you are more neutral/realistic than anything else despite having a reputation for patience

if I want to criticize Tannehill for his play
        I am gonna do it

and I assume if people are going to criticize everything else (which I do to) they are going to do it

But the level of deflection and misdirection when it comes to Tannehill is comical

and there are people who post here and spend the majority of there posts mocking other people’s opinion specifically about Tanny which is defending of Tannehill.

16. Al in MIA says:

I hope to see much of Lippett on Sunday :).
    This draft class seems like it will be nice as it may produce 4-5 starters:
    DeVante Parker, Bobby McCain, Jordan Phillips, Jay Ajayi, Jamil Douglas.
    Lippett is going to get snaps this week apparently with the injuries mounting but really the only draft pick that isn’t on the active roster is FS Cedric Thompson but he’s been on the Practice squad all season

Piggy

Look at Blake Bortles. Tannehill is just behind Bortles, who for all intents and purposes is having a good season. Bortles has more TD’s, but he has 2 really good WR’s to throw to. We have Landry, who is very good, but he doesn’t get down the field well, or at least we rarely use him that way, and there’s Stills, who disappears, and Cameron who has been a disappointment. Parker is just getting started, but right now, he’s not nearly good as Allen Robinson or Allen Hurns. Both of those guys make great plays every week. maybe next year, we’ll have that

Not coincidentally, the Jags are also 508, despite Bortles throwing 30 TD’s. Thing is, both of our defenses have been prone to being awful, so even the magic 30 TD’s that everyone talks about here isn’t the answer.

We have good receivers
      Stills was an up and coming receiver for New Orleans but in Miami he is trash
      I wonder why

Parker is barely on the filed and is completely ignored by Tanny when he is
      Tanny doesn’t see the field well at all and ignores open receivers
      Parker could either be better than both Robinson and Hurns and you would never know it

I’ve see him open a bunch of times since he has started and he is ignored
      He has had 2 TDs in 3 starts
      That is actually pretty good
      He is making the best of his opportunities
      he is simply not getting those chances

I would take Landry any day of the week over every on Jacksonville’s team

Our receivers and our TEs are fine
      our QB is an amateur and has no idea how to use them and exploit weaknesses

Bortles did not have to work on his long ball last season
      he wasn’t afraid to use it right out of the gate
      Our QB spends an offseason working on it
      and to his credit it has improved
      now his midrange game sucks

Piggy

If Tannehill is average to bad, what would you say about every other unit on our team? Rank each unit, WR’s, TE’s, RB’s, D-line, LB’s, CB’s and S’s.

WR – good with potential to be great if the QB was better

TE – average as receivers but underutilized, Sims is a very good run blocker but a shitty receiver

RBs – good with potential to be great if the playcalling was better

OL – bad

DL – I think its the toughest unit to evaluate. They bring pretty good pressure. But they have very costly breakdowns. I say average, I think the back 7 (except Jones) is the bigger problem on defense

LBs – worse than Tanny. basically shit. played better recently but not reliabe to continue
      CBs – went to average to bad during the season

S – one is probowl the other half (whever it is below average). this combo might work if there weren’t so many other holes

Piggy, I don’t care what anyone says about Tannehill. What I find comical is when our defense allows over 400 yards and 30+ points and the focus is on Tannehill. You want bad, allowing that TD at the end of the half in less than 2 minutes is as bad as it gets. That was the turning point in the game. It gave the Giants a ton of confidence heading into the half and we went in on a negative. Football is a game of momentum. And even though Tannehill hit Stills on a 47 yard TD to open the 3rd quarter, the defense gave up another TD right after that. This team is horrible at complimentary football. Every player on the roster is responsible for that. Even Suh.

Its not blaming Tannehill to criticize Tannehill
      and its certainly not praising the defense

The defense is bad and played bad
      and I’ve spent plenty of post criticizing the LBS and now the DBs
      I’ve made a point of saying draft defense this offseason as well
      I have never argued that the defense is good

I have argued that Tannehill deserves criticism and is bad

when you criticize the defense
      no one says – “but Tannehill was awful, stop blaming the defense”

But on the other hand when you criticize Tannehill
      some one is sure to say “but the defense was awful”

There are two different standards for the player/unit

and the people that do the Tannehill Shuffle place Tannehill above criticism by redirecting criticism elsewhere or worse just mocking the criticism

The defense playing bad does not relieve Tanny of criticism
      but to some people I guess sit does

Fair enough but Tannehill didn’t play poorly Monday night, the defense did. Not scoring in the 4th quarter doesn’t mean bad, sometimes that’s how games go. What we did wrong in the 2nd half was take Lamar Miller out of the game. I really have no idea what that’s all about. Miller was dominating in the 1st half. We do it all the time and it never makes any sense. When we keep feeding Miller we win. When we abandon that and pass over 40 times we lose.

Piggy

So it’s all Tannehill, and not this fucked up offense? That’s what pisses me off, is the total disregard to what we do here. That’s not all on Tannehill, it just isn’t.

Piggy

Stills had 3 TD’s last season. Star? C’mon now

Sorry, up and coming. He’s like Ted Ginn. He’ll never make a tough catch, but he can get open deep, otherwise, he’s not much. That’s what I see.

With 931 yards!!!
      but I guess that doesn’t help an offense

In his rookie year he had 5 TDs and a 20 yard per catch average
      That is a nice piece to have on an offense

December 18, 2015 at 10:04 am (Edit)

Piggy

***************
    Who said its “all Tannehill”
    that is classic misdirection Mike
    I’m not even going to address it
    when you are done Shuffling we can discuss Tannheill

It’s not misdirection. You say Tannehill is bad. Why did he do better each and every season, but now he’s taken a slight step back? Our offense is awful. We have no balance, we’re predictable, and we’re on our 3rd coordinator

Just remember the cavalcade of Qb’s that the Phins & us fans went thru post Marino, then you’ll likely appreciate Tannehill much more and want to see a team built around him like other successful QB’s on solidly built teams that you yearn for.

Drew Brees sucks & can’t win games.

December 18, 2015 at 10:14 am (Edit)

**********
    He played well in the first half
    Miller really helped him
    but Tanyy played well
    He played pretty poorly in the 4th qtr
    and that has been a trend with Tanny

Guys dropped passes too. That makes the QB look worse. The defense never made a play.

Tannehill not making a clutch play in the 4th quarter doesn’t mean he played poorly, it just means he wasn’t special and that’s what people are hoping for. But nobody else made a special play either. Miller probably would have but we decided that wasn’t the way to go.

Mike E, Stills is much tougher and better than Ginn. Landry and Parker are going to be the two go-to-guys with Stills providing a nice speed threat.

I will oink with you guys later
    I have to do some work today

Piggy

Know you’re gone, but discussing why the QB is struggling is part of the discussion. I do believe the playcalling and offensive scheme has an effect on how the QB operates. That’s what I was trying to point out

Same goes for defense. Remember Suh early on was invisible & the whole DL had no 1 sack for several games. I kept harping scheme, coordinators, play calling and got laughed at some….lol

What changed scheme wise? We’re running the same scheme we always did.

Yes, but some things were changed after Suh went on his protest and Coyle got fired. Same with offense. You can change up some ways you approach said scheme, but in midseason it’s too complicated to totally change schemes, hence the up & down results we’re seeing.

29. Try Pod says:

Piggy,
    Tanneshills is a good name- Bat himself has even used it. Not that I have a vested interest in it’s continued use or anything… lol.
    But yes, I too see the way SOME of his defenders support him is with misdirection- it is the part that I find “comical”. Or quoting some statistical anomaly as proof he is as good as or not as bad as others.
    If we can’t critique Tanne because the rest of the team is bad, then we can’t critique anyone.

We have a new guy calling the plays now. We’re right in the game, and we go 5 wide empty backfield after our RB ran for 70 yards and 2 long TD’s in the 1st half. I know Lazor did this too (which is baffling). 2 years ago we had Sherman and his offense. I guess the general design is the same, but we’re not making the right adjustments.

Ah, meant to say we can’t pass protect, and we go 5 wide empty backfield.

It’s so baffling I have nothing more I can say about it. I hope whoever our HC is he’s big on committing to the run whether Miller remains here or not.

GD, all of a sudden we need edge rushers, we’ve always needed a playmaking LB, and we also need more competition and another playmaking DB to go along with Jones. Hopefully Vigil and Hewitt continue to develop and provide depth and maybe compete for a starting spot. But we need to add at least 3 defenders – edge rusher, LB and DB to improve this defense.

I don’t see us paying Vernon $8-10M per but some teams might. He’d be a good option for a 3-4 team at OLB so he might have more suitors. Who knows about Fuckface. Fede and Shelby are not pure edge rushers and Wake likely won’t be the same. So I’d say priority #1 is edge rusher because if you don’t get after the passer it doesn’t matter who’s out there in coverage.

Agreed on pass rusher. I thought we’d see a dominating DL built to get after Brady the way that the Giants did in 2 super bowl wins. But that hasn’t happened.
      Same thing playing the Giants last week. Eli was picking us apart & not only did we not get to him, but we kept rushing just 4 mostly. I’m screaming at the TV, friggin send a blitzer for God’s sake. They blitzed Tanny plenty and you saw the end result.

I also think it’s funny that Piggy says things like Tannehill did well in the first half because Miller helped him? WTF is that? That’s football. When something works well, it helps other things to work well. And, contrarily, when you stop doing that thing, or it doesn’t work, then the other things don’t work as well either. This is the season in a nutshell.

So we signed Damontre Moore after he was waived by the Giants. He’s an edge rusher but he’s got to clean up some parts of his game and mature. We also added Coples who is more of an edge setter than pure pass rusher. So in our 4-3 moving forward I can see Coples playing DE on early downs and Moore coming in on passing downs with Coples possibly playing inside on passing downs as well. Fede provides depth, not sure if Shelby who will be a FA in the offseason will be back and I don’t think Vernon will be. So it’s Coples, Fede, Moore and hopefully Wake (not confident) along with possibly Fuckface in the mix at DE. I still think we need to add another edge rusher.

I think Wake is over. I don’t think he’ll be good enough to justify his salary. Unless we cut him and re-sign him to a lower contract.

Agreed. I think a lot of cuts are coming including Grimes, Jennings, Cameron, Moore, possibly Misi, and then Shelby and Delmas will also come off the books.

I swear that I’m not even a Tanneshill. I have picked on him when I thought it was deserving,but I think Tannehill can be better with proper coaching and a balanced offense. I’m not convinced he’s 4th quarter comeback star, because I haven’t seen him do that, but that’s not the only criteria I judge a QB on.

I think he’d be better in an offense that uses more pro sets, utilizing bootlegs, waggles and roll-outs, a commitment to the run game and setting up play-action. He’s not a 40+ pass out of shotgun QB to me. He’d be better in a 30 rush/30 pass type offense. I hope whoever our HC is we go in that direction. I believe Campbell would so if we go with another HC I hope he will too. I hate this offense we run. I never want to see it again.

Tim, we will need to draft a DE edge rusher early & a good ILB with blitzing ability.

Agreed. I’d take a LB who excels in coverage over blitzing though. Jenkins is actually a good blitzing LB but he’s playing on a bad ankle that past few weeks. We need to replace Sheppard in the lineup at the least.

36. Try Pod says:

“..like headless children trying on hats..”
    Enjoy the holiday.

I would love for Vernon to stop committing stupid penalties if he’s going to stay.

I’d like him back but I think the market will be high for him and we all know he’s not a game changer, he’s solid.

Build a bad ass defense & we could win a championship with Tanny.
    Ravens did it with Dilfer.

I think both Cameron’s are gone next year. I think there’s a chance we re-sign Vernon. We have to keep someone. I don’t think we should count on Damontre Moore.

This cracks me up.

BTW – I agree with your 11:37AM post

43. Al in MIA says:

Did someone say Super Bowl QB? 🙂

44. Al in MIA says:

I think our DL is effective but the LB really do make them look terrible.

45. Al in MIA says:

Ah remember when people said Aaron Donald was too small for NFL DT?

46. Al in MIA says:

In case you missed this yesterday….. Omar was trying to break down the coaches film and spew BS across the net and got owned by one of the PFF employees

47. Al in MIA says:

sb7mvp says:
    December 18, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Colts did it with Peyton. 😉
    ———–
    Against Rex Grossman whoopie.

Donald is a great player, would love to have him here, but we have a ton of other needs too.

I saw Suh getting double teamed quite often in the MNF game. It looked like Suh gave up on a lot of plays, couldn’t fight the constant double and even triple teams sometimes.

• Al in MIA says:

He got a huge rating from PFF… +6.2 ..even if they gave him the benefit of the doubt on some plays, +6.2 on their scale is a monster rating. All we saw on TV was the camera shots of him exhausted but that doesn’t mean while he was on the field he was giving up plays.

I literally LOL @ John Gruden when he said, Suh’s just standing around watching the game, he’s got to make a play NOW!

51. ocalahowie says:

I saw Suh, looked like he blew alot of plays up but man he was gassed half way through the 3rd…
    THIS SHIT HAS GOT TO END!
    Shula wouldnt stand for it
    TEAR DOWN THE BUBBLE!

52. ocalahowie says:

I mean thats pretty sad when these Northern teams come in and wear us down in December when our guys have probably had since May to get acclimated to this

Al in MIA says:

December 18, 2015 at 1:19 pm (Edit)

I think our DL is effective but the LB really do make them look terrible.

December 18, 2015 at 1:21 pm (Edit)

The edge rush is questionable.

********************

It doesn’t help that Cam Wake is on IR
    and Jordan is a fuckface
    If you keep Vernon
    there is a chance that the edge looks much better in 2016
    But I would not mind drafting a DE in rounds 1-3 next season
    If you want to draft exclusively defense
    we might be able to get good players by doing something like
    1. DB
    2. DE
    3. LB
    4. LB
    5. LB/DB

I don’t think it would be crazy to focus the draft on defense

I don’t either because I think we should add a young up and coming guard who’s proven himself but isn’t going to break the bank. We have enough developmental guards. We need a playmaker at every phase of the defense, edge rusher, LB and DB.

Mike Francesa was just talking about the game and he said Miller was killing the Giants and they were running the ball well and went away from it for no reason and then Tanny to Landry was the offense as if it was Landry vs. Beckham.

I’ve always liked Tanneholics. People who get “drunk” on the Tannehill dream and ignore the reality. I think he’s probably somewhere between the 12-18th best QB in the league. So, some times he’ll look good, but sometimes he’ll look bad. That’s what you get with an inconsistent, average QB. I never hate any player…just don’t think that way about entertainment. But, I’d be comfortable with a doubter handle. I do doubt his ability to lead a team and be the difference between wins and loses….at least a handful of times a year. If he’s something more than just another guy, I sure haven’t seen it in 4 years. So yeah….I doubt his ability to be a championship QB. Again, it’s already been 4 years. We sometimes talk about this guy like he’s a rookie.
    ***
    And, none of that means I’m not completely aware of all the other shortcomings of this team/organization. But, QB is undeniably the biggest, most important cog in the organization. Your team’s fortunes are largely ordicated on what sort of QB you have.
    ***
    Tannehill is the only player that his fans constantly apply the “yeah but…” argument with. Nobody else gets the excuses he gets. Everyone else seems to just be expected to do their jobs perfectly, so Tannehill can flourish. The OL sucks….yeah but….they have a QB who struggles in the pocket and getting rid of the ball on time. The WRs suck…yeah but they have a QB that doesn’t have great ball placement on throws over 5 yards, and he often doesn’t throw it to open guys and forces it into his favorite receiver. The OC sucks…yeah but, maybe they were designing an offense they felt their limited QB could handle and limited his options because he has shown in practice or the classroom that he can’t handle certain things…lots of quick, short passes and WR screens, for instance. The HC sucked….yeah but, ask any player and they’ll tell you that once on the field the HC isn’t the leader anymore. It’s a player ON the field. It has to come from a player, and like it or not that is the QB in today’s NFL offense.
    ***
    There, there’s tomorrow’s article! Lol

I’ve said a bunch of times I don’t think Tanny is a 40+ shotgun pocket passer and we keep trying to make him one to no avail. Others feel that way to. It’s not an excuse, it’s who some of us think he is and a different system would benefit his skill set better.

I’ve also been saying he should be in a more traditional WCO since he was drafted so I haven’t waned from that. 😉

Howie, Shula stood for a lot of wearing down on defense for years in the mid and late 80s.

And, if you look at the stats and standings…blah….our OL has actually improved at what they do over last year, and Tannehill has gotten worse. So, who’s really “at fault” for our offensive performance this year? The OL improved, QB performance did not….and the OL has had to deal with all sorts of problems this year and still improved their performance.

Drafting a lot of defensive needs is all in good, but somehow we need to squeeze in a contingency for Albert’s health history, age, and contract.

Yes, I agree. Our pass pro isn’t great, but it isn’t as bad as some folks like to act. We’re 23rd in the league in sacks allowed, if I’m reading the stats right. Our QB ranks worse than that at what he does. So, does Tannehill “suck” then too? Lol

Tanny isn’t as bad as some folks like to think.

Tannehill isn’t rated worse than 23rd, but he’d probably be rated higher if the O-line was better.

Man, you are zealous towards Tannehill. LOL

It’s not just sacks, he gets hit after just about every throw. The OL also struggles the most on key downs but that always gets put on RT.

To me this season has been a bad year for entire org top to bottom.

I too think we need to go after a young linebacker to help solidify this defense. I don’t really even care if he’s good at covering or run stuffing….just find a leader who can bring some accountability and stability to this defense. We also need a FS who can call defensive alignments and run our back end. We haven’t had that in a very long time.

Randy is doing some A+ trolling. Shine on you crazy diamond.

gdp
    All I’ve ever heard folks say is that Tannehill is an average QB. Me included. Not sure what you’re referring to.

SB

Ross said he’s going to name the Sun Shade Canopy the Jake Scott Sun Shade Canopy, because no one could cover like Jake Scott

MikeE,
    I believe he’s 31st in QB rating. Again, I assume i’m reading the stats correctly.
    ***
    And, why doesn’t anybody ever mention how Tannehill negatively affects his OL and their performance? It’s only always the other way around. Tannrhill takes a bunch of sacks he shouldn’t each year, and he makes his OL look worse than they are. I’ve seen him take half a dozen at least this year that were his fault. Why doesn’t it ever go both ways?

Oh, I didn’t see piggy’s post. But, I’m guessing he said he was bad at something specific and not overall. Maybe I’m wrong. Sorry, gdp! Lol

Merry Christmas Randy. Maybe Santa will bring you a new QB like the previous 16-17 QB’s Miami had before Tannehill.

Well, if you take away the sacks Tannehill has taken himself this season, our OL stats would look much better too. But, I realize that doesn’t matter to some.
    ***
    Anyway, I guess I’m being a troll for pointing out a different point of view. My lunch is over, so I’ll leave you fellas to braid Tannehill’s hair and paint his nails a pretty fuschia! Lol
    ***
    Go Dolphins!

If Tanny didn’t take any sacks he’d be throwing the ball away 25x a game with all the jail breaks coming his way due to the non-protection.

Anywho, just having fun with ya Randy. Enjoy your lunch break, oh, and don’t drink the coffee…some employee pissed in the pot. 😉

Haha, charade you are.

68. rgs322 says:

Just got back from the movies.
    The force is definitely strong again. …Star Wars VII is very very good.

rgs

Glad to hear that! Looking forward to seeing it very much!

Look! Tannehill is #1. lol

Sacked Yds Lost
    1. Ryan Tannehill · MIA 333
    2. Teddy Bridgewater · MIN 271
    3. Blake Bortles · JAX 231
    4. Philip Rivers · SDG 228
    5. Marcus Mariota · TEN 226
    6. Alex Smith · KAN 216
    7. Drew Brees · NOR 214
    8. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 213
    9. Matthew Stafford · DET 210
    10. Russell Wilson · SEA 205

I saw star wars. It’s sad to think that Chewbacca and Han die at the end.

I have no desire to see Star Wars. They’re projecting $2B in revenue from everything for that movie.

Did you all read Jake Scott got picked up for soliciting a minor?

I remember when I read the Star Wars book (he original) and they called C3PO See Threepio and R2D2 was Artoo Detoo

75. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,

Got to compare apples to apples.

I let the statistical guys at Football Outsiders do the data crunching for me 🙂

Look at the first table, column to far right highlighted in BLUE called “Pass Protection” and look where Miami is ranked -> 6.0% sack rate which is the mean for the NFL.

To me the biggest issue is when we need to convert a 3rd down or it’s a big spot that’s when the OL gets blown up.

Kong, I thought you meant Jake Scott the director. LOL

LOL, gotcha, I was wondering how you didn’t follow that. Actually supposedly Bryan Singer, the director of X-Men is having problems of this nature.

Kong

We’re ranked 24th, that’s not good . . .

Luke: Hey kid, want to see a real lightsaber?
    Kid: Sure!
    Luke: I call it it the Lukenator! Ask C-3PO.
    Kid: Moooooommmm!!!!

79. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,

Taking your list and I’ll add pass attempts to each QB (and NFL rank in pass attempts) on the list since sacks/sacks yards lost is a function of how many times you go back to pass.

—————

Sacked Yds Lost
    1. Ryan Tannehill · MIA 333 (Attempts = 476; Rank = 8th)
    2. Teddy Bridgewater · MIN 271 ((Attempts = 383; Rank = 22th)
    3. Blake Bortles · JAX 231 (Attempts = 501; Rank = 4th)
    4. Philip Rivers · SDG 228 (Attempts = 541; Rank = 1st)
    5. Marcus Mariota · TEN 226 (Attempts = 364; Rank = 23rd)****
    6. Alex Smith · KAN 216 (Attempts = 399; Rank = 16th)
    7. Drew Brees · NOR 214 (Attempts = 497; Rank = 6th)
    8. Aaron Rodgers · GNB 213 (Attempts = 461; Rank = 9th)
    9. Matthew Stafford · DET 210 (Attempts = 491; Rank = 7th)
    10. Russell Wilson · SEA 205 (Attempts = 384; Rank = 21st)
    ——-
    *** Mariotta missed a month due to injury

80. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    Yea read the stats wrong from the Football Outsiders table…
    Fins 24th; Seattle worse than us.

81. Al in MIA says:

Remember, safeties count as sacks and yards lost LOL 😦

I haven’t been on the board for a couple of days, and I haven’t read back. how was your game experience? other than the loss, did you have a blast?

Had a great time. Weather was awesome, the flights arrived early, ate some great food. The worst part of the trip was driving home through Philly during rush hour

This is the problem with open borders and amateurish vetting.

84. Al in MIA says:

Randy,
    Good points on RT.
    I just want to see the Fins shore up the D first, get better OL depth/competition/experience, before asking the question (how far can RT take us?).
    Maybe throw a middle RD pick or lower RD pick at a QB to see if someone surprises.
    For the moment, there is time to let RT develop because the rest of the team blows. If the D was playing stout, the alarm bells would be ringing to replace the QB moreso than now.

That’s just the thing. If the team was running for over 100 yards per game, ST’s was playing well, and if the defense was even top 15 stopping the run, keeping opponents under 30 points a game, and we had the same record…..then ya could say, hey this Tannehill kid isn’t cutting it, can’t get us in the win column.

But we know that’s not the case. The team has failed in just about every area except the QB spot & the RB spot (when the RB is allowed to run) lol

I can’t even see what GD posted other then his comments. That’s why I said what I said using mysterious. LOL

Catch up with you folks later.

sb7mvp says:

December 18, 2015 at 3:08 pm (Edit)

I saw star wars. It’s sad to think that Chewbacca and Han die at the end.

December 18, 2015 at 3:14 pm (Edit)

I heard there is a scene where Luke is trying to hump C-3PO.

*************************
    I can’t believe R2D2 Is hooked on purple drank
    He was such a sweet droid once….

I spent the last two years saying I can’t wait to see star wars and now that it’s out I’m like, meh. I’ll see it next week.

We have the 8 spot in the draft right now

Vernon Heargraves, Jaylen Ramsey or Mackenzie Alexander

lol, just reading some of the post today. you guys are something. a lot of:

no i am not you are
    i know i am what are you.
    i am rubber you are glue…bla bla bla…sticks to you.

since we all get to make up club names, you guys have fun with your tanny clubs, i will sit over here in the ‘ccc’ ‘Consoleing the Cheerleaders Club’

me: yes honey, i saw how high your kicks were and how hard you were cheering all for the team that just doesnt care about your effort. come over her and put your head on my shoulder

cheerleader: but robert that isnt my head’

me: its ok that isnt my shoulder

90. ocalahowie says:

Evening Update
    DOLPHINS-CHARGERS
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    Mike 35-20 SD
    Toba 38-10 MIA
    Piggy 20-10 MIA
    T/P 24-14 MIA
    Real 31-17 SD
    GO PHINS!!!

I have no desire to deal with the crowds and craziness this time around. I’ll see the movie in a week or two (or three) once it has calmed down.

We went last night, they had 6 theaters set up showing one movie each 7-9:30. Got in about 5:45 for the 7:00 show, no waiting in line and it was about 70% full.

Al,
    I’m tired of the debate. I guess Tannehill will be successful when we have Jerry Rice at WR. Sweetness at RB.Tony Gonzalez at TE. Ray Lewis at MLB. And, Anthony Munoz, John Hannah, Dwight Stephenson, Randal McDaniel and Forrest Gregg on the OL! I can’t wait. Lol

Randy says:
    December 18, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Al,
    I’m tired of the debate.

randy,

i so get this. and ok maybe not what you mean about is tanny good or bad, but i am sick of the fact once again this team has us fans debating about what is wrong with it and not what is right with it. i kind of read the comments today, and ok, have at it. you guys have fun labeling each other.

i just see once again the fins have divided the fan base about the faults of this team. i am just tired of going back and forth on here between everyone as to what is wrong with this team.

all i care is they just fucking fix it. well not the cheerleaders, let me fix them

Anyone going to the game on Sunday? Getting ready to drive down in about an hour.

95. ocalahowie says:

Cav
    dont bother, those guys above already gave away the whole movie. I probably wont even rent it when it comes out on VCR

Dang, I see they started showing it at 8:00 Thursday here in Sacramento. Lol, why is ‘released’ on the 18th, but you can actually go the 17th? Weird

I bet they do that so they can fudge the numbers. $54 million Thursday is the highest grossing movie ever on the Thursday before release. It’s easier to break that number if you start showing it earlier, lol.

LOL Steve! I’m actually predicting we lose this one, i think SD and Rivers carve us up a bit.

There’s nothing wrong with debating or discussing what’s wrong with this team and not having confidence in Tannehill or thinking he’ll be fine moving forward. It’s just opinions and we’ll find out next year whether or not someone can turn this team around.

My only issue is why do people have to be put into groups if they have different opinions? We’re individuals with different thoughts. That’s all.

99. ocalahowie says:

steveccnv says:
    December 18, 2015 at 6:16 pm

December 18, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Have fun Steve! Hope they give you a good game to watch!
    steveccnv says:
    December 18, 2015 at 6:47 pm

The last one I went to was in SF 2001, we lost 21-0.
    ————————————————————————-
    Going to a game
    Well I guess if you live way out there in NV and had this planned but me
    I sure wont be going down for the last two and this week they are showing PIT vs DEN and I have already made my mind up to stay home and take a nap.
    I am tiered as Hell in my old age and it been a long busy season for me
    Tomorrow will be my 1st Saturday off scince April so dont look for the morning update at 5;43am
    GO PHINS 😦

So the thought is Tannehill is not clutch in the 4th quarter. At similar points in their respective careers the same was said about Eli Manning and Steve Young. Just saying

It’s the losing and fans need a scapegoat. The problem is simple, we’re a not a good TEAM. We have voids and a lot of young depth not ready to play a lot of snaps. That’s a bad combination. We have some talent to work with if we can solidify some positions and improve our approach and systems with some new coaching. We’re simply not as good as we hoped we were.

In going over the posts I think there is some over estimating the level of talent on this team especially at WR. Landry is an excellent WR but not the most explosive guy. Parker is extremely raw and a poor route runner but he he has great upside. Stills and Matthews are jags. Jennings blows.

Stills is a solid #3 who can get down the field. Matthews was playing really well until his step-brother died and then he got rocked.

Not sure what’s the deal with not really utilizing our TEs?

We all watch the same game!
    Then we review it in our minds!
    Then we process the information!
    Then we puke it on the internet for all to see! 😉

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

Ken
    Jennings has been a GREAT disappointment for me this season!

Ken says:
    December 18, 2015 at 8:12 pm

ken,

what does it matter. if it is tanny or not, what does it matter, this team sucks. it is just pathetic that once again this time of year we has fans have to take sides or a position on what sucks worse about this team. tanny and the rest of this team are all to blame for the place they are in. ok so great, other qbs werent clutch in the 4th too at some point, who cares. that doesnt make me feel any better about him or this team.

Ken, Cameron has had his moments and no doubt Sims is struggling as a receiver. He hasn’t been the same since he knocked himself out going for that catch.

Miller is our best offensive weapon and we go away from him. I don’t get it!

I have not seen anything from Cameron. The few moments he may have had were not worth what we paid him.

I agree with that and think he could get cut in the offseason to free up cap space.

I said this earlier.

December 18, 2015 at 11:43 am

Ken says:
    December 18, 2015 at 8:41 pm

My only point is that I think people are pre-maturely and incorrectly righting him off

and my point is i cant blame them. i dont expect him to be an elite qb, never did. but i also cant argue against those who fault him. do some go over board and get overly picky on him, yeah they do. but i get some just go right to the qb and blame him. i am just at the point no one on this team deserves to be defended. every aspect it to blame equally.

FFR;
    I guess my point is when I look at this team and what needs to be done to improve it QB is not one of the positions I think we need to worry about. At least at this time.

ken,

ok, i get that. i dont think qb is the biggest weakness. i have said over and over, this team at one point had who i think was the greatest passing qb ever and they never won shit with him. so i am all for building a great team. but i dont fault those who want to point fingers at him, he can play better too. the only time i say anything about others berating him is when they ignore the rest of the team and just want to talk about only his flaws. to me that is shallow ignoring the rest of the team and just blaming him.

Hulk say : “Santa Claus is not real – blame Tannehill.”

WHAAAAAT ???? he’s Not real !!???

I think you guys who postulate getting rid of player “X”, player “Y” or player “Z” (and, in theory, replacing them with BETTER PLAYERS) are overlooking a relevant fact. The people ROSS selected to run his team are MORE LIKELY to replace players “X”, “Y”, and “Z” with PLAYERS WHO ARE EVEN LOUSIER, based on what’s happened here the last 7 non-winning seasons!!!
    —————-
    UNTIL ROSS EITHER SELLS THE TEAM OR PICKS COMPETENT FRONT OFFICE PEOPLE TO RUN HIS FRANCHISE (and he hasn’t done it yet in these same 7 years) IT WILL DO YOU NO GOOD TO RIP ANY INDIVIDUAL PLAYER ON THE ASSUMPTION WE’LL DEFINITELY REPLACE HIM WITH SOMEONE BETTER!! Chances are, SOMEONE WORSE will be brought in to select new players for the team (AND I SURE HOPE I’m WRONG IN THAT ASSUMPTION)!! –AND—–Chances are the next head coach WILL BE WORSE THAN THE PRESENT ONE!! –I think it’s pretty obvious now that REALLY GOOD PEOPLE won’t work for Ross and his downward spiralling franchise. They’d rather stay where they are or hook-up with an owner who does know his ass from a hole-in-the-ground when it comes to running a franchise.

If Ross does NOT clean house as soon as the season is over, that will tell you that many/most of the clowns now running his team WILL CONTINUE TO RUN IT INTO THE GROUND!! NO winning coach will touch this team with an 8-foot pole in that scenario!

Wyo

I agree on Jennings, and is another reason why I want to see hazel, or really ANYONE but Greg Jennings. he’s not the future of this team, and if anyone else could be, let’s see them.

Mets re-signed Bartolo. I’m happy about that. I really like the guy, even if I don’t expect that much from him.

But Bartolo expects FOOD, and plenty of it, from the Mets this coming season, Mike!

I know and I love it. He loves this team, is willing to accept that 5th/6th starter role, long relief here and there and hopefully in the playoffs. He’s a great influence on the young pitchers and a favorite teammate of the entire team. I think there is more value with him with us than just his own performance as a pitcher. That’s a team building move right there.

Sorry Toba that creepy guy sneaking in and out of your house on Christmas was just me looking for beer

KEN; ANOTHER really nice effort on behalf of Dr. Banner. BTW, WHEN is Dr. Banner going to pay Steve Ross “a visit?”

OD

i agree with you it starts at the top. i dont feel like you do about ross, at least he has made efforts to improve the team. i get it bad decisions but he is far from a terrible owner. but i do agree, i would love to see him just clean house with all on the football decisions side and hire the right person for once.

toba,

so i have this right. you shocked there is no santa but not shocked hulk told you that. lol

You know Hickey really did bring in some good players and then along with Tannenbaum with Suh. We also have lost some of these guys for stretches at a time so the vision has never really been complete to at least a better degree.

• manitobafinfan says:

I agree on Hickey. I think he did a good job in his one off season. Unfortunately if we do blow it all up he may be a casualty. On the other hand though, i know this will rub some the wrong way, what about keeping him and letting him pick his staff ??!!

It may be very well be Tannebaum oversees all football operations and Hickey leads the personnel dept. I don’t think that’s crazy or bad either. The coaching staff is going to be the big decision.

Totally agree on Bartolo. Great guy for the team.

It finally got cold here. Brrrrrrrrrr. But it’s supposed to be 70 next week at Christmas.

A Cher shit?

• manitobafinfan says:

I was getting ragged on last night for admitting i went to and liked Cher. The shit part was just my fat thumbs on i phone😡

manitobafinfan says:
    December 18, 2015 at 9:45 pm

LMAO. shot not shit Here we go !!

no no, cant fight or pick on man that is shocked there is no santa but believes in a hulk.

I’m no football expert like the rest of you but I’m not sure about it being the players. I think HIckey has done pretty well. You aren’t going to hit on all the picks. And we’ve also seen players that were cut here go to other teams and do well. That’s coaching, or the scheme, or whatever you want to call it. As for Ross, I do think he is trying. He certainly is spending money on the team and no one would do that with the goal of having the team suck. Maybe he’s made some bad decisions, listened to the wrong people. I’ve done a bit of that myself in my life. lol

Whoa… wait you’re not perfect? You never had to face trial and error and learn from it? 😉

I feel it’s both coaching could have been better and our young depth has too much inexperience, lack of pedigree and they’ve had to play too often. Some others have also been disappointing. C. McCain, Taylor and Aikens have all flopped. I liked all three heading into the season. So there’s my expertise on the subject. LOL

123. ocalahowie says:

Bartolo
    I’m sure he will get a start in each and every Marlins series

124. ocalahowie says:

Morning Update
    DOLPHINS-CHARGERS
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    Mike 35-20 SD
    Toba 38-10 MIA
    Piggy 20-10 MIA
    T/P 24-14 MIA
    Real 31-17 SD
    GO PHINS!!!

HOWIE–HOWIE–HOWIE– 19-17 MIA –4, count ’em, 4 FG’s by Franks and the Fins are the WEINERS!!

It was in the 40’s here in beautiful Lutz, Florida, when I walked the dogs at sunrise today! Had jackets for 2 of our 3 dogs; the 3rd rescue critter, barely 8 pounds a year ago and suffering from pneumonia, is now a full 20 pounds and needs to lose about 2 pounds, according to the vet. She looks like a “Toto Dog’ (Cairn Terrier) and is extremely affectionate. A house without a pet is not a home, according to me and Mrs. OD. We’ll get our “TOTO DOG” a new, expanded, doggy sweater today!

127. Try Pod says:

The hipocracy of saying “player X is horrible but player Y is not” … Comical.

I think players A,B,C,E,G,H,I,K,N,O,P,Q,R,U,V,W,X,Y,Z are horrible

Try

Problem is, when you hire new coaches, and they put their system in place, they then have to determine who fits their system and who doesn’t, and some players, even ones that had potential, might get pushed aside because they don’t fit the criteria of the scheme or prototype the coaches are looking for.

Try

Do you think Tannenbaum stays, and does all the hiring, or do you think he’s out?

• Try Pod says:

I don’t know- but I’ll say that unless it’s a real total housecleaning, it won’t matter- they might as well keep at least hickey, maybe Campbell – not sure on tbaum, as his rep as a jet is not really all that great to me.

It’s pretty accurate. It’s also not saying anything new.

• New Age says:

Yeah, but there’s not much new to say anyways.We are in a trimmed down version of a Lazor offense with a trimmed down version of a Coyle defense hoping that ManCampbell will use the young players much more instead of trying to save his job (however unlikely). Sad times indeed

• Try Pod says:

Key word- ENTIRELY.

LMAO!!!!

“We’ll get our “TOTO DOG” a new, expanded, doggy sweater today!”

OD — is that a new dog or should that be taken literally.

If the 2nd — please keep wearing your Jerseys to games. 🙂

Chargers are one point favorites on Sunday.
    Both teams are playing for next year.
    No HC will ever say, “hey I’m tanking it for our draft position.”
    But they do say, “just need to check out the talent we have at this point.”

Stanger, I’ve been having that issue where I can’t see some links people post and the comments make no sense to me because there is nothing to reference. Now my own link doesn’t show up but you can see it. Weird! Glad you saw it and got a laugh.

I couldn’t see the link you posted on my work PC, but I was able to see it on my phone. Perplexing . . . I’m sure Twice knows the answer though . . .

Hmm – Now I see it twice on my work PC. No idea how this works

Very funny Tim. I needed a laugh. I had to go to traffic school today because I got a speeding ticket and wanted to make it go away rather than the 6 points on my driving record. Quite a racket they have going. My fine would have been $125 plus the 6 points…OR I can pay $150 and come to traffic school and poof…..it’s like it never happened. There were about 25 of us there today.

Sounds like you will make more than the extra $25 back on your insurance going forward though. In FL they have TV commercials from places with names like “the ticket clinic” who claim they can just make them go away. If that is true then something is wrong….or maybe they just arrange for you to sit in driving school like you did.

This always happens to me, whatever line I pick, it’s the slow one, or becomes the slow one. lol

• New Age says:

Me too Herd. I get in the small line with less items…and then they need to order 6 cartons of cigarettes for themselves, a couple cartons for their friend/neighbor, check the prices of an item, and then finally their card suddenly malfunctions but they swear it has enough money on it…

139. ocalahowie says:

Evening Update
    DOLPHINS-CHARGERS
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    Mike 35-20 SD
    Toba 38-10 MIA
    Piggy 20-10 MIA
    T/P 24-14 MIA
    Real 31-17 SD
    Old 19-17 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

Despite making more than $40 million, Clinton Portis is broke

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 19, 2015, 6:22 AM EST

Clinton Portis made enough money during his NFL career in Denver and Washington that he should be set for life: In nine NFL seasons, Portis made more than $40 million.

But Portis isn’t just not set for life, he’s broke. Portis filed for bankruptcy this week, saying he has debts of more than $5 million that he can’t afford to pay.

We noted in June that Portis had a debt to the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas of $287,178.56, and that the IRS accused him of failing to pay $401,432.18 in federal income taxes in 2006, and $57,187.61 in federal income taxes in 2010. Portis also lists debts of $500,000 to his mother, $500,000 to Entertainment Tonight correspondent and former sideline reporter Nischelle Turner, $412,000 in “domestic support obligations” to four different women and $175,000 in car loans.

Portis’s failed business ventures have included sinking $8 million into a casino that went belly-up, and putting $2 million into a “wealth management” firm that was later described as a Ponzi scheme.

The 34-year-old Portis rushed for more than 1,200 yards in five of his nine NFL seasons.

Isn’t tomorrow the first SoCal fest?

Happy Tannukah everybody!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! – – Florida Atlantic leads Florida State 35-23 at halftime in basketball at the arena in Sunrise where the Florida Panthers NHL team plays!! –It’s about 5 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale Int’l Airport.–The first half was delyed about a half hour while they fixed a defective basket & supporting apparatus! –I fully expect FSU (with 3 players over 7 feet tall) will blow out the Owls in the 2nd half. But stranger things have happened. Meanwhile, game 2 of this doubleheader known as “The Orange Bowl Classic” features Florida and Oklahoma State. Could be a NIGHT TO REMEMBER in Sunrise!!

144. ocalahowie says:

Nightly Update
    DOLPHINS-CHARGERS
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    Mike 35-20 SD
    Toba 38-10 MIA
    Piggy 20-10 MIA
    T/P 24-14 MIA
    Real 31-17 SD
    Old 19-17 MIA
    Tim 27-26 MIA
    GDP 31-27 MIA
    Stang 27-3 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

My score is we’re down late 4th quarter 26-20 and Tanny hits Parker for a deep jump ball post inside the 50 because we used Miller to get us there. 😉

Online shopping rules! I planned on heading out today to shop for my wife then discovered the online shopping thing, LOL

My daughter is easy, gift cards to eateries.

How about 3 years $75M? If you can’t set yourself and some family up with that then oh well.

• Brian in NY says:

I highly doubt he signs a 3 year deal. He’s going to be looking for a five year deal- this is most likely his last big contract.

Mike E, we’re looking at Denard Span from the Nationals to platoon with Lagares. Lefty/righty combo in center.

No doubt we’re trying to get better defensively and add more speed to compliment the pitching staff. Also the feeling in the Mets org is Dilson Herrera will hit a light .300 but play defense.

I hope we don’t get too crazy if we try to resign OV. I like the way he plays. He plays hard and with some speed. I’d like to keep him on the team. I just don’t think 8 sacks and 50 tackles a year from your RDE in a 4/3 is worth big money. I know he gets hurries too, but he doesn’t do much else…3 FF in 4 years is about it. I’d like to keep him on the team….maybe even move him to LDE like we’ve talked about. It’s possible he’d be more effective against slightly less athletic RTs. But, FA is so overpriced, somebody will end up offering him a big deal. You should be able to replace that production with a top draft pick, if you wanna though….maybe even go after a top end guy.

December 19, 2015 at 7:27 pm (Edit)

I love on line shopping,. I find there’s more peace on earth and good will to men in my world if I don’t have to actually encounter people.