Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Season Week 15

ASKMIKELogo

from Stanger

Q – You are Stephen Ross and you have to answer three questions.

1 — What are you looking for the rest of the year.
2 — Does it really matter?
3 — Even if you like Campbell, is there a way to keep him here next year without him being HC?

stanger

First thing I’m looking for is the Davie Police Department to send a restraining order to one Ms. Gigi and one Mr. OD. I’m ascairt! I need protection!

OK, really, I’m looking for the right Head Coach or GM, a football mind that will assemble a winning staff for our team. Nothing this team does from here on in means squat, except I’d be watching individuals, and how they perform. No manner of winning out or anything like means a thing. I want to see which individual players deserve to be asked back, and which ones make the cut down process easy.

Like I said in part 1, NO, it doesn’t matter. Dan Campbell and Zac Taylor and Lou Anarumo all need to go back to being assistants, they’re clearly all in over their heads.

As far as keeping Campbell, I think that’s going to be up to him. Having tasted being a Head Coach, he may feel he’s not ready to be The Man yet, and may be willing to go back to some kind of assistant job, maybe TE coach again, or maybe Asst. Head Coach if there is such a post available here. I like Campbell, and I do hope he remains here, but if someone else is willing to give him a post higher than the one he can get here, I think he’ll take it.
______________________________________________

from Kong

Q – Mike,

Please give me three coaching options for next year and why you’d hire them.

Tough question right now, because there may be a Head Coach that is fired from his current team that is not currently available now, and I’ll say I’m 100% against surrendering a draft pick for a Head Coach in a trade. therefore, I’ll just give you 3 guys who will be available as they are currently just coordinators now.

Mike Shula

Yes, he has the Shula name, and that means a lot to me. Mike is a guy who has put in his time, and can be credited with the development of one Cam Newton, who this year might be the best QB in the NFL. Of course one can question how much is on Shula, and how much is just Cam, but you can play that game with anyone in the NFL. Is the WR good because he has Peyton Manning throwing to him, or Is the Head Coach good because he has a lot of talent on the roster, or because he has a great OC, and DC, and so on and so on. I think we have a QB that has talent similar to “Superman”, and even if it’s a notch or two or three below, it’s a player with talent that can be worked with. Maybe Mike Shula can extract what everyone here hopes Ryan Tannehill can be.

Shula was the Head Coach for Alabama from 2003-2006. He wasn’t as successful as Alabama would have liked and was replaced by all Dolphins fan favorite guy, Nick Saban. Shula was 26-23 and led the Crimson tide to 3 consecutive bowl games. Shula was also QB Coach for the Dolphins from 2000-2002. I’d give Mike a shot, I know he has a solid mentor for a dad, and I’d love to see another Shula succeed here.

Hue Jackson

I don’t think Jackson got a fair chance from the Raiders, and just to illustrate that, Joe Philbin got 3 + years here for the Dolphins, despite showing early on he was not the leader of this team. Now OC for the Cincinnati Bengals, he’s proven he’s a solid football mind, and one that deserves another shot as HC. He’s a year younger (49) than Mike Shula (50). He knows what it takes to call a proper game, and supposedly was leaned on heavily in Cincinnati.

Josh McDaniels

He learned from one of the best, as much as it hurts to admit that. Working under Belichick just has to rub off. They have a winning culture there, and they know to keep it that way. I’d hope that McDaniels could bring that here. My guess is he wouldn’t be a popular choice here, but his offense features getting rid of the ball fast, and with the O-line we have, that’s important. He’s been able to overcome a lot of injuries this year, and that offense keeps ticking. Is it Brady, Belichick, McDaniels, or all 3? Not sure, probably mostly the 2 former, but McDaniels has shown the ability to run different types of offensive schemes, from a pass happy short passing game, to a run heavy scheme, and it always works.

If I could just pick any coach, I’d steal Ross’ alma mater’s Head Coach Jim Harbaugh. He’s crazy, crazy as hell, but you’d have to be crazy to come and coach here in Miami! Sean Payton is another guy I’d like here, but I won’t trade a draft pick for a coach, our roster needs to be shredded, and we’ll need all the picks we can get.
______________________________________________
Dear Axe Mike,
from GDP

Q – Here’s a short list of possible HC’s for the Phins in 2016.
Mancampbell
Mike Shula
Chudzinski
Sean Payton
Mike Smith
Josh McDaniels
Hue Jackson
Ol Mike Shanahan

Pick 1-2 & the reason why. Also pick who you’d like to see as their Coordinators @ OC & DC.

This should keep ya busy for awhile.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year’s!

Luv,
GDP  😀

See my answer above to the Big White Ape. Thanks for the question bud! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you and your family!
______________________________________________

from OD
Q – Isn’t it time to just see what we have in unexplored talent?   Time to check out what we have.   I want to see guys like Parker, Ajayi and Lippett featured heavily in the next three games.   Anyone else you want to see?

OD

Yes!!! Much more important than any team accomplishment, we need to see which players have it, and which players don’t. Parker should be featured every week. We know what Landry can do, it’s time to see a lot of Devante Parker. I’d like to see more of good ol’ Bobby McCain, but he left the game last week with an injury, but I want to see more of him. Tony Lippett is a guy I featured in my look at our CB’s. he has the size and athletic talent to succeed, and being a former WR, he should have the understanding of what the WR is trying to do.

I want to see more of Ajayi now. We haven’t used Miller much this year, but unless we definitely plan on re-signing MillerTime, we need to see what Ajayi can do. Now that we’ve acquired DE Damontre Moore from the Giants, I definitely want to see what he can do. I’d also like to see WR Matt Hazel. Enough of Greg Jennings, throw Hazel into the mix. That’s pretty much all I can think of at the moment.
______________________________________________

from Randy

Q – What do you think the excuse will be next year for Tannehill not getting his job done? Or, have we run out of excuses? I’m guessing it will be “New Coach/system”

Thanks!

Randy

I know you were joking, but I think I would give Tannehill an excuse early in the year, but he’d have to show improvement as the season goes on. Hopefully, the 4th system is a charm!

Ok, I had my fun….now a real question. Lol

If we do bring in a new HC, which probably means a lot of other changes, how long do you think it will take this new regime to build a team that can be a serious playoff contender? Not just a “happy to get in the playoffs” team, but a team good enough to actually compete if they get there.

And thanks again,
Randy

I don’t know man, I would hope they can turn it around quickly, within a couple of years. I think the right Coach and the right system could work pretty well, and should also stand the test of time, as long as little adjustments are made each season. What i do think is that if we hire a new HC, or we hire a new GM or executive, that we allow him time to build, and be like Tim, patient. 🙂
______________________________________________

from Al

Q – Where do the Dolphins team (coaches/player) go from here to end of season?

They need to the best they can do. I think if they were doing the right for the organization, that would be sacrificing wins for looks at future players, but I’m not so sure ManCampbell feels the same way. I think Campbell wants to win, which then makes it more unlikely that we’ll be seeing Matt Hazel instead of Greg Jennings, and Jay Ajayi instead of Lamar Miller. I respect the fact that they want to win, that’s why they’re there, so I expect them to sparingly use the guys we want to see, and go with their best, or who they think gives them the best chance to win.
______________________________________________

from Brian

Q – Mike,

If you are playing the role of Stephen Ross, what do you do with the coaching and front office staff? Do you totally clean house? Keep Hickey? Tannenbaum?

Brian in NY

I think this fish (Dolphin) stinks from top to bottom. Nothing Tannenbaum or Hickey has done has made this a better team, so I get rid of everyone.

Tannebaum – GONE!
Hickey – GONE!

A new fresh approach or a proven winning approach is necessary here.
______________________________________________
And now for the babe of the week . . .

Elisabeth Shue

Aside | This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

254 Responses to Welcome to Ask Mike – 2015 Season Week 15

Thanks for answering my question Mike, and thank you for the babe of the week!

Jacey ‏@MDC_Jacey 8h8 hours ago
    Tis the season for ugly sweaters! Love your @MDCheer Vets! 🎄🐬🎁

3. Try Pod says:

Lots of similar questions from the fish tank…
    Perhaps you’ve created a new sub category-
    ROTBOTW
    Retro One-Time Babe Of The Week

SWEATERS? SWEATERS? –We don’t need no stinkin’ SWEATERS in Tampa Bay!!! – – The nations’ high temperature yesterday was 88 degrees in Tampa, according to the weather page of the Tampa Bay Times. I’m sure glad noted scientist Rush Limbaugh says “there’s no such thing as global warming” because, otherwise, I might be sweating! –Wait a minute. I WAS SWEATING when I returned from my morning walk with the dogs!!
    ————————————————————————–
    USUAL OUTSTANDING JOB, Mike E.!! – – Ross’s “DOOFUS BRIGADE,” —all of his top advisors including Tannenbaum and King Carl, HAVE TO GO!! – – NO good coach is going to come to Miami and take orders from T-Baum and/or Hickey!! – – He’ll want HIS OWN GM!!! – – Until Ross accepts this basic premise, NO IMPROVEMENT is likely with our favorite team!!!
    ————————————————————————-
    Father Time says “One Day closer to the end of the Ross regime!”

Good stuff Ask Mike

Questions were definitely alike, because we SUCK!!!!

It would be great to get questions like “How deep into the playoffs do you think this team can go?”, or “Do you think any defense in the NFL can stop our offense?” or “Do you think Tannehill sets the TD record this season?” or “Do you think our coach will be Coach of the year?”.

No, we just keep building it up, and tearing it down, mostly ass backwards. For once, I hope we do it right this time.

Successful franchises don’t let coaches pick their own GMs.

Good effort, Mike. But the questions are what I expected and what we’ve all been discussing for weeks.

I’m not that excited to see Matt Hazel. I don’t think there is anything special about him.

I’d rather see Hazel than see Greg Jennings out there. We’ll never know if Hazel is special if he doesn’t see the field. You might be 100% right, but some guys just play well when given the opportunity.

SB

Successful franchises hire good people period. I don’t think it matters if the HC chooses his GM, especially if he’s a winning coach and has earned the right to do that.

We’re definitely going to see more of Parker now. That’s a given.

Then it doesn’t count Mike.

To me it’s the same thing SB. If A guy can pick himself, he can pick a guy that shares the same philosophy as him. I agree the more common way is for the GM to hire the Coach, but I think it can be done either way. I’ll say I didn’t agree with Philbin being involved in the choice f GM, because Philbin hadn’t earned that.

If you’re already the HC and the team is looking for a GM/personnel guy wouldn’t you expect the HC to be involved in the process? Not saying that’s the way to go about it, but if that is the case. It would be counter productive to hire a GM with a totally different philosophy.

I thought Philbin should have been fired, and whoever we hired as GM should have picked the HC. We’ve been through this already.

“Not saying that’s the way to go about it, but if that is the case.”

I was commenting about Philbin not earning the right to have say in the next GM while he is the HC.

I felt like Philbin was a already a lame duck, so I would rather have went out and got the best qualified GM there was, regardless of what Philbin thought. Whether that would have worked, it’s elementary now, because it didn’t work the other way.

Mike E, Philbin wasn’t a lame duck, Ross wanted him to succeed and this was the year to take the next step but he failed. If we had a good year under Philbin this year and made the playoffs I bet he would have received a long-term extension in 2016.

14. Al in MIA says:

It’s that time of year I guess where we play NAME THAT COACH 🙂

It would be funny if Sean Payton is fired and the Fins hire him. Funny because that’s what the U of Miami just did.

I don’t think the Saints will fire him given Brees is still around (seems they are tied at the hip). Jim Harbaugh just got to Michigan and with numerous NFL teams in the shitter, he might be weighing his options.

I think if anything, Jim goes to Indy where he reunites with Luck.

Mike Shanahan is another guy I’ve always liked and is available.

I am really starting to want Darrell Bevel more and more .. he’s going to be my first option unless Payton is available.

The more and more I look at the landscape, the more I see Dan Campbell as being a good candidate to stay as HC.

Give Campbell Rob Ryan on defense. I know many around here don’t like his personality but he calls the D a bit like his brother which is good since the AFC East is the goal for the Fins.

He had a bad one in NOLA but I think he had the right personnel to do what he likes to do which is similar to his brother. Saints were 4-3 before he got there and he tried to make them a 3-4. I think the Fins personnel can be 3-4 with what they got.

Rob Ryan? I’m surprised Al. What has he ever done?

16. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    Been on some bad teams I guess. Dom Capers looked like shit in Miami during that 1-15 season :/

Try

Didn’t cheat, just fixed my mistake 🙂

We could also hire a current coordinator who’s been a HC and is looking for another chance to be a HC. Not sure who that is, just saying.

“First thing I’m looking for is the Davie Police Department to send a restraining order to one Ms. Gigi and one Mr. OD. I’m ascairt!”

LMFAO — he has probably checked out if he can hire the entire SWAT team to follow him around on their off-duty time.

Awesome job.

I really don’t have much hope for any coach that comes here. It’s like looking at presidential candidates at this point. Lol

21. Al in MIA says:

Well, if Chuck Pagano is fired, then he’s a former DC who would be available.

That’s possible too but I’m saying a guy who is a former HC who is a coordinator now. It would be good if we could find a Bruce Arians type though he didn’t really have a lot of HC experience filling in for Pagano.

• Al in MIA says:

Well, Bruce went 9-3 during Pagano’s absence :/.
      It’s funny because he was a guy who had interviewed many times before but nobody hired him. After he got a chance to be interim and did good; that is what sold teams that he could do it.
      Like I posted yesterday, there are a few 1st time HC out there who are good and were never HC prior to being hired. They were very good coordinators usually and had games where they showed they outcoached the other team.

I read that. They’re really trying to weed out professional scalpers who sell to out of towners on a large scale.

• Al in MIA says:

It’s because Stephen Ross owns a reseller brokerage firm and he wants to be the sole distributor of tickets. The less fans he has, the more tickets are available for profit in the resellers market.

• Al in MIA says:

Basically, he’s telling people what they should do rather than for him to improve demand through a better product on the field.

I’m with the dude at the end of the article. I understand life comes up and people own what they buy…….but as it is the real fans can’t move up to better seats cause even if you move out of town or granpa is shifted to the nursing home and can’t use his seats the logical financial move is to keep the seasons and put them for every game up on the net.

December 17, 2015 at 12:00 pm

That’s really a small potatoes business for him.

uhun, we have been told over and over what an idiot the guy is.

sb7mvp says:

December 17, 2015 at 11:03 am (Edit)

******************************************

LOL! Can’t argue with this at all.

I should add though, that once the enthusiasm hype ball starts rolling, I’ll be suckered right back in again. Shame on me!

sb7,

there is a better chance i will one day read an ask mike article then the fins picking the right coach

Good ol’ Bobby McCain back at practice today

When you vote, do a write-in candidate “Headless Children”.

How funny would it be if a movement like that took off and during the elections the networks had to say Headless Children leads Clinton and Trump by a few pct. points. LOL

Anchor #1: Who is Headless Children?
    Anchor #2: Nobody knows but Headless Children is leading in the polls.
    Anchor #1: America has spoken about this mystery candidate.
    Anchor #2: Yes they have, would you say this is unprecedented?
    Anchor #1: Are you serious Clark?
    Anchor #2: I’m just saying.
    Anchor #1: Is Headless Children unprecedented? I would say so.
    Anchor #2: I wonder what Headless Children looks like?
    Anchor #1: Is Headless a girl or a boy’s name?
    Anchor #2: Not sure but I think the name Children is Dutch.

I’ve seriously thought about launching my own campaign but I’m pretty sure I’d be assassinated before the swear in.

LOL @ Tim

sb,

i am pretty sure i would be inpeached before the swear in, and by inpeached i mean this

LOL @ Rob – Check out the bottom of the cover – “How can you drink more and pee less?”. I know I shouldn’t have noticed that, but . . . . lol

31. Al in MIA says:

LOL FFR

Mike, I would end up upsetting too many corrupt people

Last time I send in a Ask Mike question. It didn’t even get an answer except see above answer….Sheesh.
    He’s on here begging, make that, cusssing for people to send in a question. SMH!

Go Phins!

Don’t know if I could control my gun around her.

Love that last article headline. Want sum candy lil gal? 😉

I was going to post this exact cover and mention the last line when I first saw FFR’s post and looked into Peach magazine. LOL

I wonder what candy it is?

LOL GDP – Sorry man. I had just answered that question. You’re excused from sending in a question next week. 😉

Is this site still up and running? I am surprised anyone else still wants to talk about his shit bum team. of course, by just scrolling up a few comment’s it doesn’t look like anyone is talking about the team anyway….Peaches? I guess i need to start at the top and read down. LOL

Durchfall

Smitten

Alain Poupart @apoupartFins

Former @MiamiDolphins T Jeff Linkenbach claimed off waivers by @Chargers, who just happen to face the @MiamiDolphins on Sunday.
    ****************************
    Prof. Lou will be angry

December 17, 2015 at 4:50 pm (Edit)
    There isn’t a whole lot to talk about regarding this team. We’re here to keep each other insane.

Not sure how to tell you this but I think we’re sucking at that too!
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like having a peach for some reason.

“This past offseason, Incognito returned to football, signing with the Buffalo Bills…….His return, and his level of play, could have him in consideration for the NFL’s AP Comeback Player of the Year award.”
    ————————–
    Glad the folks up there like you, but no need to be waiting for the postman each day at the mailbox. At the same time, I’d be fine if we’d kept Richie. Seems he’d be a step up right now at least.

Dear Ask Mike
    Is someone going to tell Tannehill that he’s allowed to throw touchdown passes in the fourth qtr?

Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen

It’s frustrating brother. Lamar Miller is allowed to carry the ball in the 2nd half too, but they won’t let him. It’s unbelievable that no matter who calls the plays, it’s the same sh*t all over again

I think my coaching choices right now are as follows, in no particular order:

Todd Haley
    Hue Jackson
    Josh Daniels

Haley like Hue didn’t really get a fair shake in KC

Brian doesn’t like Mike Shula. I’m telling his father.

I like Jahns idea of giving Marino the reigns and I like the subsequent idea of him hiring Mike Shula.

That’s progress. Mike understands the predominant lesson from his father about playing with your players strengths and preparing more than your opponent.

It’s time!

Did anyone watch the Dolphin gala aired on NFLN last night?

Those guys from 72 lookin old… Just sayin

I’m good with Mikey. More than happy to have another Shula take the reins

Bortles. 30
    Winston. 25
    Mariota 19
    Tannehill 24

Touchdowns

Marino got fired as a commentator. How’s he going to run a franchise?

SB

Mike Tannenbaum got fired by the Jets. How is HE going to run an NFL franchise?

We’re the same as the Rams. You put a clutch QB on either team and they go to the playoffs.

Son, never mind RT has 22 TDs. I was going by your 24 and projection to 29.5. He’s on pace for 27 like last year.

Marino doesn’t do well with a lot of things

56. ocalahowie says:

Rockphin says:
    December 17, 2015 at 4:42 pm

————————————————————————————–
    Nightly Update
    DOLPHINS-CHARGERS
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    ITS THURSDAY!

• manitobafinfan says:

38-10 Miami

Based on Mike saying Tanny is playing. Sd has no one left to catch the ball our D will score or set up over 17 Pts. BOLD ENUFF ???

Howie

SD 35 – MIA 20

They get revenge for last years 37-0 blowout

Ketchup vs Mustard

So Logan Thomas is activated from PS to roster. Anyone thinking they start him vs SD Made me nervous enuff i am playing Bradford instead this week in SEMI FINALS of a cash league.

Rivers 23 TD’s & 10 INT’s
    Flacco 14 & 12
    Roethlisberger 15 & 10
    Matt Ryan 17 & 14
    Winston 18 & 11
    Bridgewater 9 & 8
    Romo 5 & 7
    Luck 15 & 12
    Peyton Manning 9 & 17

Ryan Tannehill – 1

Toba

I think Cincy was going to poach him, and they told him, and he said he’d prefer to stay in MIA, they’ve been developing him, and wanted to keep him, so they promoted him to the 53.

• manitobafinfan says:

I never knew they notified people. I thought i was like a waiver claim and just happened. Yet another Ask Mike answered. I may roll with Tanny in FFB then. They start him and im coming for you though 😡😇

Toba, yes lots of guys having so so or off years, including injuries as well.

Son, you just said Ryan Tannehill – 1. I replied before you explained.

• manitobafinfan says:

Kewl thank ya. I remember he was much talked about that draft year. We do need a plan to replace Moore next year at very least

Samoht Nagol now starting for YOUR Miami Dolphins,

6’5 250 lb with a laser arm. Sound familiar?

cool, tonights topic is how tanny fails. i thought for a second someone would talk about the other failures for once. but i guess that is too difficult to look past ones blinders.

watching the bucs linemen pick up winston. got to say that is something that no o linemen do as well as the dolphins linemen. i think some will make the probowl at ‘best linemen to help his qb up’ position.

son of a son of a shula says:
    December 17, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Samoht Nagol now starting for YOUR Miami Dolphins,

6’5 250 lb with a laser arm. Sound familiar?

great, but why would a linebacker need a laser arm.

LOL @ Son

70. ocalahowie says:

Well my wife cant go to the Adelle concert. Its $800+ for her and her friend to sit in the upper deck in Philly. Sure its the same if her friend comes here to Miami.
    Damn scalpers bought up all the tickets and doubled the price, up to $10,000 on the floor
    Even if I won the Lottery I wouldnt buy them from those scumbags now.
    I’m sure this isnt the last of this cause they just went on sale today.
    Feel bad for Adelle but she will get her money now and I hope nobody goes and the scalpers get screwed!

Son i assume he was starting in AZ at some point last year, was he any good ? Or one of the quick injured qbs they had ?

No man he only played in one game. He’s a project in the NFL, I’d like to get a glimpse of where he is now. Hopefully we blow out SD and he can get in.

Toba

Just keep in mind when he was the ARZ, the Cardinals went with 4th string QB Ryan Lindley instead of Logan Thomas last year in the playoffs when Palmer and Stanton were hurt

I wouldn’t get too excited about Logan Thomas yet. After spending a 4th round draft pick Arizona didn’t think enough of him and traded for Matt Barkley & kept Drew Stanton.

getterdone says:
    December 17, 2015 at 9:10 pm

I wouldn’t get too excited about Logan Thomas yet.

getter,
    he is a back up qb. dont you know every back up qb in the league is better then the starter. just ask any fan.

Everyone loves a backup QB.

manitobafinfan says:
    December 17, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Thats insane

i am not sure what is more insane, the prices or his wife wanting to go to an sadelle concert.

Logan Thomas is a NFL career 1-9 passing but the completion was a TD so he has a 101 rating and was sacked twice. Ouch

Maybe Mike Shula could turn Logan Thomas into Cam 2.0

FFR, I’ll play. Our pass rush is Jekyll and Hyde, our overall coverage stinks, we have LB issues, our OL still has pass pro issues, our offensive coaches seem to get amnesia and forget who Lamar Miller is, and our receivers even drop passes.

Ibwill say we saw Cher last year for about 150 each and it was a great shiw. Even Cyndi Lauper surprised me how good she was

December 17, 2015 at 9:19 pm

yeah but that doesnt matter cause the qb sucks and if he was any good he would fix all that.

manitobafinfan says:
    December 17, 2015 at 9:19 pm

I like a couple of her songs

that doesnt count you are Canadian.

Keenum outshining Winston so far.

getterdone says:
    December 17, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Keenum outshining Winston so far.

yeah but that is only cause tanny sucks. just ask son. lmfao

These uniforms make me hungry for McDonalds

Bucs playoff hopes dying quickly in St. Louis.

MF 13 must be basking in glory for Keenum

I see Piggy beat me too it!

My wife asked me who was playing?

My reply the mustard VS ketchup Bowl!

toba’s household

toba: honey, what would you like to do this weekend
    wife: i dont know, how about you pick, anything you want, and i mean anything, (wink wink)
    toba: ok, this may blow your mind. but how about we go to an Adelle concert and then on the way home listen to the new Bieber cd.
    wife: where did i leave my gun.

90. ocalahowie says:

First Update
    DOLPHINS-CHARGERS
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    Mike 35-20 SD
    Toba 38-10 MIA
    ITS THURSDAY!

Son, the entire team is having a bad year. When you fire the HC, DC and OC you’re having a bad year. The players can say all the right things but psychologically they’re all fucked up. It’s a confidence killer and Ryan is no different.

I can’t even evaluate some of the players this year because of that. The young bucks are just trying to survive and the vets are like WTF is going on? This team needs a jolt of enthusiasm and direction but it won’t happen until next year even if Campbell remains HC, hires his own people that fit his philosophy because our current offense surely doesn’t. But you can’t completely change it at this point in the season, and the defense needs some upgrades.

tim

that is true, but you know if tanny was any good that wouldnt matter he would overcome all of that.

I always go back to 1986 thru 89. Marino could only do so much without an overall good team and he had a legendary coach during that time and most of his career. There is a reason they call football the ultimate team game. Then in a flash everyone goes on and on about it being all about the QB. Really what that means is you need a competent QB which Tannehill is, but if you’re always looking for him or any QB to bail you out time and time again, you’re not a good team.

93. ocalahowie says:

Justin Bieber Rocks!!!
    I’m going to that one if the scalpers to get to him too 😉

toba,

when i was about 11 my parents took us on a road trip cross country. long story short there was a stop in vegas cause of a uncle with a gambling problem and we caught a sony and cher show. she looked that exact same back then. and get this, back then she couldnt sing either.

worst concert duos possible

bieber and spears. it is called the spebie tour. billed as ‘no it isnt a std………yet’

I can’t believe i am talking up Cher on here. Really i do have diverse musical tastes. But i have liked her since the Dark Lady, Gypsies , Tramps and Theives days.

tim

how many times have i said on here that looking for that elite qb is foolish. they only come around one or two in a decade or so. and that the fins had one, arguably the best pure passer ever, and they didnt win shit with him. it takes a team.

Yep! I think people forget how many rough games Dan had. If he wasn’t elite many of those Dolphins teams would have been 4-12 instead of 8-8.

This Dolphins team is not that good overall. Some of us bought into the hype and they never became a “team” with a clear vision. I still see too much confusion, and we had to rely on too many young players who have accomplished nothing to hold the fort. They were not good enough or ready. I feared that going into the season and that’s how it panned out. 😦

manitobafinfan says:
    December 17, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Oh Come On !!! She has a great voice.

she does, if when she is singing she is underwater and you are in a plane 30,000 feet up in a plane. then she does

Lol Fuck Off !! 😢😀

We don’t need an elite qb, we just need a qb that can lead scoring drives in the 4th qtr, We all saw the same game Monday, the opportunities were there – but the passes weren’t and it happens time and time again. I’m sick of it. Go win a fucking game already.

I passed on Prince!! Thats gotta count for something 👀

Landry doesn’t get that 15 yarder if passes to him were catchable

wow, i know i am getting coal this year, i just made a Canadian insult me

Toba, If you tell us you saw Yanni or John Tesh I’m banning you, lol

105. ocalahowie says:

Toba those where good songs back in our day.
    Might be ghey now but that was what we had and we liked it 🙂
    I feel bad for the wife
    Iv’e brought her to U-2 twice, Yes, Def Leppard, Kansas twice here at Silver Springs but her and her friends are really into Adelle and they get this crap

son of a son of a shula says:
    December 17, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Landry doesn’t get that 15 yarder if passes to him were catchable

lmfao. i bet his 5th grade gf wouldnt have broken up with him if the passes from tanny were catchable too.

manitobafinfan says:
    December 17, 2015 at 9:56 pm

I passed on Prince!! Thats gotta count for something 👀

so you will go see man dressed as a woman but not a woman dressed as a man. hmmmm, can never quite get you Canadians

Actually Prince is pretty good, a very very talented musician that plays multiple instruments (insert skin flute joke here) and he’s writes, composes, & produces a lot of music.

Like Tannehill, Very talented – but not good. LOL jbb

Very talented I just don’t dig his persona or music, outside of a handful of tunes that rock.

I do like Cher the woman though. Not that I can turn back time or anything. LOL

• manitobafinfan says:

I enjoyed Purple Rain disk and few songs here and there but not enuff to pay big coin to aee him. Wife bought tix fir her and a friend, day before concert her friend backed out , she asked if id go with her. Not In This Lifetime I give him cred for writing Darling Nikki but Foo Fighters made that song Great. And hus version if Kiss vs Tom Jones version sucks balls 😎

Howie: my wife acts like it is her civic duty to buy tix for every fucking concert that comes here. Outside of football games i hate crowds. Took two if the boyz to Iron Maiden 5 years ago and i left about 3/4 of the way through just because of dickheads in the audience climbing over top of us to get to their seats as opposed to walking 5 steps left. Since then it has to be someone i consider special. Or an older band that wont have unruly pricks . Styx a minth ago was frikkin awesome. I hated Gowan as a solo guy but will admit he fits well with the band

I hate crowds because that’s when you experience low level human behavior and the lack of presence of other people. That’s a pet peeve of mine. I move along peacefully but always remind myself why I don’t like being around large crowds. Most people annoy me. Then there are a select few that are really cool and if the vibe is good it’s awesome. But please… know you’re not the only one on earth. LOL

• manitobafinfan says:

Im with ya on My Bubble. I am always very concious of where i am so as not to intrude on someones space. I hate malls and will sometimes just stop in my tracks and not move while some unaware dork walks right into me.

howie

just so you know, we all feel sorry for your wife. but we give her credit for her sacrifice. 🙂

toba,

i get the hating crowds. hell i get pissed if more the 8 nlcs are on my sofa at once.

(but i hate even more loud music. to me all i hear at a concert is the music bouncing off the walls and a constant loud hmmmmmmmmmmm. the best indoor concert i ever went to was a styx one and that was cause they had the music turned down enough that there wasnt a constant buzz)

• manitobafinfan says:

I tend to come off as very anti social at any event that has music at is well. I cant hear peole talking two feetvaway and i hurt my throat yelling to them to maintain a convo , so i just sit there and chair dance by my self

LOL @ Toba

I hate malls, some of the dumbest people scatter about there. I challenge my patience with people who have no regards for others. So the best remedy is don’t go there. LOL

Gawd when did we become Our Fathers !!!!

She was a ground breaking girl back then.

son of a son of a shula says:
    December 17, 2015 at 10:23 pm

I have no interest in the money I could save by enduring a trip to Walmart

yeah, but the only reason people end up at walmart is cause tanny sucks.

(and come on son, no one goes to walmart to save money, people go to walmart to partake in the hope of seeing the ‘people of walmart’ colony)

manitobafinfan says:
    December 17, 2015 at 10:26 pm

And honestly she can still pull it off well

finally we agree. i have no doubt cher pulls it off every night, well at his age maybe every other night

Okay Tanny is back in as my Fantasy QB. Now ineed to decide on Parker vs Crabtree ir James Jones

Which side of the ball do you guys think needs to improve more? I was thinking over the year, and I really wasn’t sure. It seems like the defense is closer to where they need to be than the offense is, but then again the defense has cost us games too. I know they both need to improve, but I was just curious what people thought.

I only go to Walmart to challenge the people who work there and think they are unfairly treated to not know where anything is.

Me: Hi, where are the batteries?
    Employee #1: Hmmm… let me ask Alan. Alan!!! Where are the batteries?
    Alan: Over by the battery racks.
    Employee #1: Oh right, come with me sir.
    Me: Why are we in the diaper isle?
    Employee #1: We’re getting close to the batteries.
    Me: Wonderful!
    Employee #1: Okay I think there over here.
    Me: This is Tupperware!?
    Employee #1: Yes sir, this way please… hehehahaha…
    Me: Oh God! I got it, they’re by audio and stuff right? I was just trying to get a quick direction but that’s not happening here.
    Employee #1: Yes sir, sorry, batteries?
    Me: I got it.

Randy, we need a pass rusher, Corner and Safety more than anyone on O. Wake is likely gone, Grimes might be done and Jones needs help. Plus the front end of the draft looks like it offers better defensive players.
    On O we need improved play from the QB and a strong commitment to the run game. Depth on the line and maybe a TE.

randy

thats simple. it is whichever side tanny is playing on.

Randy: id say we have good (misused) talent on offense. On Defense we need to upgrade both the talent and use there of. So I think Offense is closer to good than the D

Oh and we need Linebackers. Jalen Smith would be a nice addition.

Tim : sorry if its not on the shelf we dont have it Oh look what is that 10 feet above my head ?! Eeediots !!!!!

son of a son of a shula says:
    December 17, 2015 at 10:41 pm

i agreed with everything till maybe a TE. this is true in football and life, you can never go wrong with a TE that makes it easy to score.

Wow that was almost a major fuck up by Dye. Although on replay he was touched on way down

Wow what a run back

Damn i am playing against Gurley

Wow a qb getting visibly pissed at his teammates. What a novel concept

wow a player getting a dumb unsportsman like penalty i wonder if that is the qbs fault too

The 2 bad end zine thriws are 😎

That TD doesn’t count. They Were down by 15 😎

Click.

Thanks, fellas. Interesting thoughts. All in all it sounds like we need quite a bit.