Wedge Scouting Report: Broseph Fullback

Aliens have been experimenting on humans for years.  Its practically our Universal Past Time.  We’ve been trying to use your species to build the perfect species.

And we never get it right.  I don’t know why.

The common thought among aliens is that humans are just far too inferior.

Alienstesting

But I figured it out!

You take the mother of a pro bowl NFL player and wait for her to have another baby.

And then – WOW – a fullback is born!

GronkWatt1

This year the NFL has the little brother of two of its premier players available as a fullback.  On the left side of the screen above is Derek Watt, the little brother of JJ Watt.  On the right side of the screen is Glenn Gronkowski the little brother of Rob Gronkowski.

Both are going to be available in the draft and both are fullbacks.

I know what you are saying.  As Miami Dolphins fans in the Joe Philbin era – you are saying….What’s a fullback?

WattGronk2

Can you believe that some NFL teams have a guy in the backfield who’s primary job is to block?

Both Gronkowski and Watt are notable for their blocking.

At Kansas State Gronkowski played in a heavy run offense.

At Wisconsin Derek Watt opened big holes for Melvin Gordon in 2014.

WattGronk3

Considering that the Bears did not have a fullback on their roster last season, its probably unlikely that the Dolphins change their ways and add a fullback.

But if they did…They might be able to nab one of these little brothers in the 7th round of the draft.

If the Broseph Fullbacks were an alien weapon of destruction, they would be the two headed monster of the  the Xabox Moon!  Lookout, they eat humans!

GronkWattAlien

Aside | This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

394 Responses to Wedge Scouting Report: Broseph Fullback

First?

I kind of wish we did use a FB

AGREE WITH YOU, Rock. Converting 3rd and short situations is a VERY IMPORTANT aspect of a winning offense. And we’ve SUCKED at that ever since Lousaka Polite was released (except for our memorable opening day win, Sept. 7, 2014, when Knowshon Moreno lead Miami to a 33-20 win over the Cheatriots.) Get us a short yardage back who also is a good pass blocker!!!
    ——————–
    Going to be highs in the ’70’s and lows in the 50’s for the next 5 SUNNY days in Tampa Bay. –I’ll be working again this weekend. But the convention is less than 50 miles from my house so, I’ll get to go home to Mrs. OD every night. WHOOPPEEEE!!!

I would love for the Dolphins to get Derek Watt.

3 reasons:
    He is from Wisconsin
    He is JJ Watt’s brother
    As Madden would say; “he is a FOOTBALL player”. Gotta have a couple of those slobberknocker, blue collar, lunch pail (insert any other like cliché here) types on the team.

Unfortunately it’s not likely we get a FB here in MIA, although I would also welcome a guy who looks to put a defender on his ass in order to get that first down. It’s been too long since we had a guy like that. Then again, most of the Flag National Football League doesn’t employ the good old fullback.

I wonder if Gase likes having a FB. We know Philbin didn’t feel the need for one. A lot of teams use TEs and H-backs in that role. Dan Vitale of Northwestern is another one.

6. dbolt48 says:

If they go after a FB it will probably be a UDFA. If so pay attention Adam Cox of Iowa…..very good player, he lays out DL.

Dont see the days of traditional FB’s ever coming back. You will have teams that use one, but those guys will be hybrids. New trend is using a DT or extra OL in situations where you want to mix in a power dive and id expect that trend to continue before ever reverting back to using a traditional FB. Hell it may be a position phased out in the college ranks before toolong and that would mean none to supply the NFL, part of the reason there is less use of them in the NFL is less supply from colleges.

I disagree with the last statement, there’s plenty of FBs in college to supply each NFL team with one.

Report: Miami Dolphins in talks to extend Cameron Wake’s contract

8. Al in MIA says:

The Fins won’t bother rostering a pure FB. I’m pretty sure of it. H-backs are part of the equation so if any of these FB you are mentioning can line up at TE; then they will have a chance to land in a Fins uni.

We have a lot of talent, huh?

We have a fair amount of talent, but we have a lot of holes too. A couple of our talented players may be leaving in FA (Miller, OV), and a few of our talented players need to have better years than they did last year, like Earl Mitchell, Kenny Stills, Ja ‘Wuan James, Brent Grimes, Jamar Taylor, Billy Turner, Jamil Douglas, Walt Aikens etc. . Some have already proven they can play at a high level, but others need to prove they can do it period.

D-Bolt

Sims is OK, but I never thought of him as a real talented TE, he’s JAG.

• dbolt48 says:

Oh, I’m not expecting him to be a barn burner, but expect him to make the routine reception. He was really bad at that last year. Stoneburner made the most out of his limited snaps while Sims really didn’t.

I think Sims is pretty much text book balanced TE. Dont know if i would call him JAG, but he isnt going to really make you stand up and notice him as well. He wont put up sick stats and in the blocking game he isnt going to make you notice how frequently he opens up running lanes. There are varying degrees of TE’s and he’s just a tweener, some offenses thats a prefect fit, for the past offense we have had, it wasnt.

I think this group needs serious coaching. I hope Gase is that guy. I’m optimistic that he could be.

February 18, 2016 at 9:43 am
    It sounds like a way to spread the money out, not an increase.
    —————————————-
    Extending Wake will allow them to get the per year cap hit down and also give him security of guaranteed money for more years. Im not a fan of it personally unless it gets the money down a LOT.

Best i would go would be a 2 year extension so 3 years, 15 mil with 10mil guaranteed so he would get 5 this year, 5 next, and 2018 he would be good to cut with no dead money.

Would save us 4.8mil this year, and would only count 5 against te cap next year so essentially its getting 2 years for what he was going to get this year by itself and its fully guaranteed.

13. dbolt48 says:

@NFLFilmStudy: I’ve heard Miami will be targeting Tahir Whitehead and/or Bruce Irvin in free agency if the price is right. Either would solve the SLB need

I think i heard something a while back about Irvin being a target, and i could see that but our biggest vulnerability is MLB, we really have no one that has manned that position well. If they do that then i would think they either attempt another round of Misi in the middle or they are going to draft a guy early to play there.

Jared Allen just announced his retirement.

Sims never seemed to rebound after he knocked himself out in game 1 trying to make that catch.

• dbolt48 says:

I remember Chambers was never the same after that Kennedy hit. Still a much better player, but went from sure hands to inconsistent.

16. Al in MIA says:

D,
    If you are out there….I took a look at Ogbah vs Ole Miss… wasn’t as bad as you made it sound (that Tunsil shut him down). Ogbah actually lined up at LDE more often than RDE but OkST kept him busy in their defensive scheme moving him to both sides of the line in 4-3 formations and also as a DE in 3-4 pre-snap formations. Tunsil had a good game for sure and whipped out all the tricks (cut block, bull rush defense, inside traps, receiving TE lol). Ole Miss also cut down on OkST’s DL effectiveness by doing quick passes underneath. They also doubled off Ogbah at least on 4 occasions in the video I saw. Ogbah for his part did knock down 2 passes and pressured the QB on occassion (at least 5-6 times). Only problem was he missed on some tackles at point of attack; 1 which went for a big gain when the QB flushed the pocket.

D

I hope Wake’s deal is more like what you just said. I can’t see giving even a very good player like Wake at 34 coming off an Achilles injury big guaranteed money at any point in his contract now

I agree with you on Sims. That was such a weird injury, he just dove to make a catch, and he really scrambled his brains on that one. That’s not how you would expect someone to get a concussion.

19. Al in MIA says:

D says:
    February 18, 2016 at 10:36 am

Jared Allen just announced his retirement.
    ——
    Yep, just saw this on Twitter… Happy to see someone like him put in all this work his whole career and go out on TOP. 🙂

D-Bolt

It looks like Melo is staying. I’m beyond disappointed. It’s so frustrating being a Knicks fan. Not too different than being a Dolphins fan really . . .

• dbolt48 says:

At least there’s a future now with KP.

Yeah, but how do we build around him, and who’s the coach? I’m not sure, but I don’t think we have a 1st or 2nd RD pick this year, I think we gave up the 1st in the Bargnani trade.

• dbolt48 says:

LOL. I keep hearing Thibs is a possible coach. I think the team structure around KP, just need a better PG. then you’ll need to eventually find a SF to replace Melo.

I’m not concerned about how we restructure/extend Wake’s deal. Aponte seems to handle that stuff pretty well.

• Al in MIA says:

Agree. It’s not her job to acquire talent. She does what she is suppose to do; spread the risk around and project the future cap.

Bruce Irvin is a big OLB with pass rush ability, but how is he in coverage? The Seahawks were the worst defense covering TEs.

Whitehead is exactly the type of LB I figured we’d target. A proven quality LB that’s not going to break the bank.

24. Al in MIA says:

I haven’t really heard anyone discussing this option but let’s get Zach’s brother to Miami 🙂
    Maybe we can just refer to them as the Vigil-antes lol

We were talkign him up a little a few weeks ago, i know GDP and i both have looked at him and mentioned him as a 5th ish round prospect. He seems solid.

25. Al in MIA says:

D says:
    February 18, 2016 at 10:57 am

Decent, i dont think he would be a liability. Better than Misi.
    ——
    Both have what each other doesnt…..Misi more rounded and more disciplined but Irvin has more game changing ability with his speed despite some misses.

Mean more of his coverage ability, i think Irvin is better there. Yeah you are right though that pretty much the difference i think is Irvin is going to make some mistakes that Misi might not because he plays very aggressive, i also think though we need a little more of that on our defense.

I wasnt really saying his game was bad, per say Al, he just wasnt dominant. Its not that i dont think he is a good DE, you wouldnt have someone with multiple teams kinda focused on him being a top 10 guy at the position without him being a good player, its just i dont think you can count him in the same breath as Dodd or Lawson, Bullard, etc. I wasnt refuting talent as much as the grouping into the very top teir. I see him more at the top of the second teir of the DE class this year. Again, its just how i see him and i can be just as wrong as the next guy.

• Al in MIA says:

Hey agree…I love Dodd as well. I was just noticing that Ole Miss had a really good game plan vs Ogbah and since the OkST O decided not to show up well you know that really sucks the life out of a defense. At least in that video I posted it looks like Ogbah is still trying deep into the 2nd half.

• dbolt48 says:

I like Ogbah’s motor & physical abilities, but I wouldn’t look at him until round 3. Very inconsistent with his hand use, struggles to counter, and inconsistent maintaining the edge.

dbolt48 says:

February 18, 2016 at 10:32 am (Edit)

********************
    Irvin is talented
    I didn’t know Seattle was playing him at OLB instead of DE
    He’s an athletic player and a former 1st round pick
    You might recall a certain obsession with him by one of our old mates on the prior blog

Irvin can move

I’m a little less optimistic about whitehead
    albeit he played with Suh before on a very good defense

but I don’t see him as the caliber kind of player I’m looking for

in my utopia we would spend the offseason addressing vet OGs and keeping guys
    and we would add defensive players in the draft

I really think young aggressive linebackers can make an immediate impact

28. Al in MIA says:

D,
    Let’s just say that Tom Brady would rather Misi on that side than Irvin LOL 🙂

Whitehead would seem to be a replacement for Paysinger.

Bruce Irvin would give us a flexible front 7 defender who can play SOLB and blitz or as an edge rusher. He’s probably not going to be cheap though.

I’m with Piggy. I don’t want to spend big $$$ on a FA LB. I want to draft our LB’s. Time to build a defense here.

I really don’t care how we upgrade the team as long as we do. Using FA to upgrade the roster doesn’t necessarily mean big $$$. Some of the players we need to upgrade over should not be that difficult because we’re not replacing studs.

• Al in MIA says:

You have to spend anyway (NFL Mandate to spend up to a certan % of cap). What you don’t want is to sacrafice future contracts. I don’t think a 2 year rental does anything to signifcantly alter the longer term roster strategy. either way, you can still develop a draft pick behind a 2 year rental.

32. Al in MIA says:

Dbolt,
    Thoughts on Carl Nassib? His length would be welcomed in the NFL.

I think A LOT more of Nassib now than i did before Senior Bowl week. I had heard he was really slow, have poor speed rush technique and couldnt get around the outside, but during the practices that week he was blowing around the LT’s. I thought of him like a late 3rd rounder before that week i have him as a 2nd rounder now.

LB is usually a position that is easier to upgrade in FA because the position doesnt usually demand top money. A really damn good ILB is going to be 6-7mil in free agency. You will never see a Keuchkley kind of player in FA, they are not allowed to hit FA, and what Keuchkley got and Wagner too is a retarded amount lol. They are worth it, dont get me wrong but that had everybody double taking when they saw those per year averages im sure.

34. Al in MIA says:

Excellent write up on Wake. Agree with the writer that Wake is loyal to the goal and that changing locker rooms at this point might not fit his personality. Furthermore, that Wake’s ahead on his rehab goals is a testament to his conditioning prior to the injury and of course his work ethic to always stay in top shape.

35. Al in MIA says:

D,
    Nassib looks underrated for sure. I’m exploring the other kind of DE that have size to disrupt passing lanes – Nassib and Branson Kaufusi of BYU (kinda reminds me of Paul Krueger)

Who is he going to go after next?
    —————————–

“The pope is a very political person. I think he doesn’t understand the problems our country has. I don’t think he understands the danger of the open border that we have with Mexico.”
    — The Donald

“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not in the gospel.”
    — The Pope

Pig — it is a nice point on having a fullback. Even if just for short yardage or change of pace, why not? A FB of the right size should be a natural for special teams too.

Might take the right guy, but why not have the FB and also train him as a long snapper or take your LS and train him as a LS? You have to have one of those anyhow.

If you can find a big RB who maybe isn’t the fastest or lacks the skills to be a feature runner but plays physical, is a willing blocker and can catch the ball some, a guy like that could be converted into a FB and also play on STs.

That would be another way to go about it, but then you’d be using a slot at RB for a guy who can’t develop into a stud.

38. 81Howie says:

Speaking of FB’s didnt I see Polite on here the other day? He’s been gone for years. Was that going to Afgahnistan picture that old or is he back with the team?

I think it was a recent pic of former Dolphins going to Afghanistan with the cheerleaders

I would come out of retirement to go on a trip with cheerleaders too

Truthfully would have liked to see one of our current guys on the flight, but maybe they were there as well. Can’t knock Lou for being there though. Great cause.

39. dbolt48 says:

Al,
    NASSIB fits that size ratio you see with Bengals DEs. The most impressive thing to me is his ability to get lower than the OL and can get into their chest when he’s nearly 6′-7″. He can rush from the end or as a DT. He has an incredible bull rush and has the ability to bend off the edge. Good hand use and spin moves with a very strong closing burst. Needs to continue to add strength, but love his overall game and the fact he’s self made w/ that Cam Wake work ethic.

“Wake has already stated that he would be willing to restructure his deal with the team in order to help them acquire and retain more talent.”

All players are willing to restructure for the right price. Real Q is willing to take a pay cut, even if in the form of that. Injuries suck, but that’s the reality.

Stanger, adding to the FB discussion, that’s if Gase wants a guy like that. If he’s a serviceable player then he’s worth the roster spot. Most of the time your depth will never develop into a stud.

But at RB seems the key is having a bunch of possibles. And like I said, was encouraging turning another position into at least short-yardage FB. And a lot of teams having been doing that with guys from the DL.

I don’t get why you would take a slow RB and convert him to a FB. Why not just pick up a FB? Usually you can get one in the late RD’s, or as an UDFA.

Full Back?????
    Full Back???????????
    We’re the Dolphins We don’t talk Full Back!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 12m12 minutes ago
    Dolphins reportedly in talks to extend Cam Wake. Here’s how they do it, bring back Vernon and still reduce ’16 cap http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/02/18/how-the-dolphins-could-bring-back-wake-vernon-and-save-money-in-16/

Like Abramson, but of course cut Suh’s cap figure in half and you can do pretty much anything. Not many players get paid that much. It wouldn’t be “saving” though, just “deferring” to future years.

Mike E, of those 6 FBs maybe 2 can make an NFL roster. The position is limited that’s all I was saying.

48. dbolt48 says:

Food for thought. No obstacle is to large to overcome, just be persistent.

D,
    ————————————
    Yeah i definately felt the draft had a solid list of top tier DE’s before senior bowl but i was concerned with us waiting until much past second to take a guy. After Senior Bowl practices and meet and greet i had already kinda added a few more potentials for next tier and now i feel pretty comfortable that even if we wait until 3rd or even 4th we likely get a starter at that point. I still think to get an elite guy we have to get a DE with one of our first 2 picks but there is a pretty good 2nd tier group of talent there this year.

Your score is: 7528 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 10 (NYG): Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 9 (NYG): Jalen Mills, CB/FS, LSU (B)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (A)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Kenyan Drake, RB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Ian Seau, OLB, Nevada (D+)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (A+)
    —————————————–
    Took Seau as a DE prospect, he would be a speed rush prospect, probably a rotational/situational player. Also he is way better than a D+ in the 7th round.
    Took Robinson, because there is no way im passing up on that level of potential talent that late in the draft, even though i already took a CB in the first.

Kinda wanted to take Morrison over Scooby, but that may be the only really “meh” feeling i had with this draft, overall id be really pleased with this draft.

I like it D!
      I would take Tuerk In 5 if he were available and passes the physicals?
      But I really like Drakes running style!

Shawn Oakman, after seeing him at Senior Bowl, both made me concerned for him in the NFL and yet he simultaneously somewhat intrigued me.

He seems to have some pretty good natural instincts and he knifes through gaps really well, seems to have some pretty good moves at the position. My real concern is he seems to have a very narrow base and his legs are more like a basketball players legs than a football player.

Very skinny, especially his calves and ankles which seems ridiculously small. He also had that kinda spindly movement to him where he dint look like he planted and got explosion so much as it seemed he floated around. You know when you see a really big dude in your mind you almost imagine when he walks he shakes the ground and goes boom boom boom. He looks like someone that could walk past you and you not hardly notice. Really weird for a dude his height.

Id be willing to take a shot on him if he falls to the 5th or lower, just because of his potential once he gains a bit of lower body weight. He plays a little tall as well.

Delusional Kanye:
    “Look at that s**t, they took my stage off of ‘SNL.’ Without asking me. Now I’m bummed,” West can be heard saying. “I went through six years of this f**king s**t.”

“Are they f**king crazy?” West adds, claiming that he’s “50 percent more influential than any other human being… Dead or alive.”

“Stanley Kubrick, Picasso, Apostle Paul, f**king Picasso and Escobar,” the rapper says.

wyoming85 says:
    February 18, 2016 at 2:25 pm
    I like it D!
    I would take Tuerk In 5 if he were available and passes the physicals?
    But I really like Drakes running style!
    —————————————-
    Drakes is similar to Miller, they both have that homerun ability, i think Drake is a little better as a receiver, Miller is a little better as a between the tackles runner.

54. dbolt48 says:

@HimmelrichNFL: Sources with the #Dolphins indicate that the team could target LB & CB in free agency, as they have interest in 1st round defensive linemen.

Don’t do it Dolphins
    You must draft LBs to save the Earth

LB i am sure is not a smoke screen, its obvious, and it lendgs legitimacy to the other part which could be for multiple reasons. It could be to convince Grimes to re-work his deal, it could be so that people will think we arent targeting a Cb in the draft even if we are so they wont try to trade up past us, it could be for a lot of things on the CB side. On the LB side its a “duh”.

We’ll find out for real in FA. They could still address those positions in the draft though like they did with Suh and drafting phillips.

You’ll find out if it’s a smokescreen after FA.

Piggy

Don’t you see the pattern? You have to start plugging for prospects at positions you DON’T want us to draft, and we’ll draft everything but that position.

I remember the draft Seastrunk just kept dropping and dropping lol….i was thinking the whole time “For God’s sake will someone draft the guy to bring an end to Piggy’s pain!” Scooby is Piggys favorite this year right? Say hello to round 6 Scooby 😛

I hope we draft nothing but kickers and punters this year

62. dbolt48 says:

Piggy watching the draft when Miami picks & his choice is on the board.

D-Bolt

That’s kinda creepy. lol

64. dbolt48 says:

Pigs reaction when we pass on his choice:

Piggy when we didnt take any of his samurai’s

The Samurais were actually drafted where I expected them to be

The problem is we didn’t take one (Piggy slams a trotter down)

Seastrunk was going to be a 4th rounder in my eyes….and then he dropped and dropped
    and worst of all
    he was cut in Training camp
    I don’t even know what he is doing now…

Last year we took a WR in the first (Finally)
    but we passed on the LBs I wanted us to take

Its a Pigotaur!

If you are looking for disturbing images, I’m not sure you are limited to pig images…

LOL @ Piggy and the MDC’s

I wasn’t encouraging disturbing images guys

I’m just saying it’s not synonymous with pigs

That statue is so weird
    WTF Tim

dbolt48 says:
    February 18, 2016 at 10:46 am

Chris Chambers was one of the most frustrating players for me to watch. Kind of like Terrell Buckley. He would make the most incredible circus catches and then drop the ones right in his hands. Terrell “Toast” Buckley frustrated me the same way. He would play lights out / shut down corner and then get burned for the TD. Rinse Repeat.

Tim not only chiseled that statue, but he filmed those men in tights videos. lol

I never noticed there’s a tit in multitask. Learn something new every day . . .

If you were a true multitasker you would have, because every time you were reading anything you would be simultaneously scanning for profane items. As Tim, he never misses a tit anywhere even if its obscurely hidden in web page you are not quite sure why the fuck he was searching for.

Rock

I’m really enjoying the book BTW. I only read during my meal breaks at work, but I’m digging it!

T Bucks bad far outweighed his good. I wouldn’t give him playmaker status.

• Al in MIA says:

He was like Asante Samuels in that they both got their picks but also gambled too hard and gave up bad completions. In TBucks case, he was an PI machine whenever the Fins faced a good O.

Hulk want fullback

SB7, I think the opposite about T-Buck, he was more good than bad. The bad always stands out more.

T-Buck was an exciting player, kind of like Louis Oliver before him

Your score is: 7672 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14 (OAK): Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Darian Thompson, FS, Boise State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 13 (OAK): Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (A)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Bronson Kaufusi, DE/OLB, Brigham Young (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Harlan Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana (A)
    Round 4 Pick 16 (OAK): Denver Kirkland, OG/OT, Arkansas (B-)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Jeff Driskel, QB, Louisiana Tech (F)

Did this one based off the rumors of extending Wake to get the cost down. I let Vernon walk in FA and Shelby too since the rumors didnt include us re-signing them. Replaced them with Dodd and Kaufusi. Also did it based on the rumor we will get a CB in FA and possibly an OLB. Cut Grimes, add Janoris Jenkins, cut Misi add Irvin. Miller walks as well since he also wasnt included in the rumors.

I end up with depth chart that looks like this.

CB1 Janoris Jenkins, Lippett or Miller, Bo. McCain
    DE2 Bronson Kaufusi/Wake, Fede
    DT1 Suh, Coleman
    DT2 Phillips, Mitchell

QB Tanny, Thomas or Driskel
    WR1 Parker, Peake
    WR2 Landry, Hazel
    WR3 Stills, (whomever wins this spot in camp)
    TE Cameron, Adams, Sims
    RB Ajayi, Jonathan Williams, (whomever wins this spot in camp)
    LT Albert, Thomas
    LG Kirkland, Steen
    OC Pouncey, Douglas
    RG Douglas, Turner
    RT James, (whomever wins this spot in camp)

Wake would be a situational DE for me if we keep him i would pay him as such and i would get his snap counts down a lot. I would mix him in on either side.

We would still be shaky at OG, so obviously id probably look to get one solid vet OG in FA as well, but havent heard rumors of them targeting one in FA.

Oliver was a beast. Tbuck would single handedly lose games in the 4th quarter. He’s one of my least favorite dolphins.

Hmmm… as good as Oliver was at times, he also gave up a lot of big plays. But he was also a playmaker.

Your score is: 7629 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14 (OAK): Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Darian Thompson, FS, Boise State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 13 (OAK): Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Bronson Kaufusi, DE/OLB, Brigham Young (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 12 (OAK): Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia (B+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Kelvin Taylor, RB, Florida (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Demarcus Robinson, WR, Florida (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Darion Griswold, TE, Arkansas State (B-)

Better adaptation for addressing the OG position than the one before. Similar position draft layout.

SB,

I can guarantee you without the obvious spoiler inferred, if I asked you which guy had more forced fumbles in their careers, I’m sure you would immediately think Louis Oliver. Obviously, it’s not, it’s Terrell Buckley. T-Buck had 10 FF’s, Oliver 4. Buckley, along with his 10 FF’s also had 50 INT’s. Not too shabby. I know I know, he gave up 1000 TD’s. lol

I like the first draft D, the one with the big fella Kirkland at G. Shoulda drafted Gabe Jackson, but this makes up for it. 🙂

I’m interested to see if our new regime has a different view on OL. Meaning we’ll target bigger more powerful guys over athleticism that hasn’t been working at least for us.

Me too. Nothing wrong with a road grader for sure, and sometimes, these big boys pack a wallop so they can knock the big DT’s or smaller LB’s and DE’s off their feet.

I’m with ya on T-Buck and Oliver. I think they were very similar players in many ways. They gave you a big play, but they also gave up their fair share too. Still, I liked both a lot, and it was fun to watch both of them play.

Yep! They were gamblers on defense the same way Marino was as a passer. But they all made big plays and there was more positive than negative. It’s funny how people focus on the bad plays more than the good with some players. Marino threw a ton of TD passes but also threw quite a few INTs. I wonder if people know Marino had two 5 INT games in his career.

S Erik McMillan of the Jets was to Marino what Chili Davis of SF was to Dwight Gooden.

“If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS’s ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been president.”

And I assume at that point the Pope would also realize who god’s actual representative on earth is.

Mike, I like the idea of the ZBS with more athletic OL, but that is mainly in the run game. But if those guys can’t handle the guys in front of them in pass pro, then it’s not really worth it especially when you pass 65/35. SMH

Besides Marino’s 2nd year, his career best, he never had the then coveted 2:1 or better TD/INT ratio. He was a gunslinger, but he was awesome! Loved Dan, really enjoyed watching him play.

Of course. Nobody threw it like Dan.

I’ll always remember John Madden saying, if you go to a practice and want to see what a QB should look like, you watch Dan Marino. This from a guy who thought Joe Montana was the best QB.

I still look back on the opening day game against NE when Dan was coming back from the Achilles injury. That might be my favorite game Dan played in. Irving Fryar baby! That was magic!

‘That might be my favorite game Dan played in.’

i remember one game. and i think it was late in the season and kind of a meaningless game or like some wild chance they make the playoffs. and i think it was atl or some other team just as bad. and the other team scored to take the lead with like a min plus. it was third and long and dan scrambled like 12 yards or so to get a first down. i think while he was scrambling the network went to commercial and then came back just at the end of his 12 yard run. i remember cause i went and made a sandwich while he was running 12 yards. but that fucker picked it up and went down and they scored to win the game. he was one of those elite athletes when it came to winning

LOL @ Rob – You probably had time to cook the meatballs and melt the parmigiana cheese.

it was this game. it was funny as hell watching him scramble for 12 yards

Thanks Jon – Trump is playing the Jack Nicholson “you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall” psychology. Only way I vote for Trump is if it’s him or Hillary.

mike

i had time to catch a flight to itlay to buy it and come back

mike

it has to give us all a warm and fuzzy feeling the best leaders of this country are a guy that belongs on SNL skits and a woman that belongs in transgender porn.

This is where people need to rethink the lesser of two evils. That’s how nothing changes. Trump isn’t really a conservative either if that’s where you stand, he’s more of a benevolent dictator with leanings on both sides of the aisle. Hillary is simply a dictator type who thinks she knows more than you and is better than you.

tim

you are right. that is why every time i just wright my own name in and right beside it i write ‘nlc’s rule’

hey what do you do at night for fun?
    well i am an old fuck i play this fun game of FU roulette
    wow that sounds like fun what is it
    well slow down there told you i am old. i go on this stupid fucking dolphin blog with a lot of other olde fucks but trust me it is fun
    oh really what is it
    well every time you hit the refresh button you have no idea who’s comment you will end up on
    yep, you are fucking old.

I don’t know if I can hang out with you old fucks anymore!
    The younger me! 😉

It’s a misleading title but it’s the media. That’s not what Jennings is really saying. He’s asking for RT to be free and let him play his game. I hope Gase/Christensen do that.

No one takes it at face value after listening, the assholes from ESPN just want a little shock, so…

All I heard today was how cool Jared Allen’s retirement video was, so I watch it and instead of riding off into the sunset (the sun wasn’t out) he just rides off. I don’t get it, why was that cool?

DBolt has been talking ogbah up lately
    He looks like a badass to me too

8: R1P8
    OT FAHN COOPER
    MISSISSIPPI

Miami Dolphins sign Arena Football League star A.J. Cruz

Woooooo Boohoo we have A.J. Cruz it’s all going to be different now 😉

105. dbolt48 says:

Piggy,
    Al talked up Ogbah. I’m more cautious with him as a prospect.

Laces out Dan. There’s another one.

Are you saying people shouldn’t vote for the lesser of the 2 evils? What’s your alternative?

108. dbolt48 says:

I see Matt Miller has us taking Noah Spence again in his mock. I’m slowly coming around to the idea after being very hesitant at first.

109. dbolt48 says:

I like this news:

@AdamHBeasley: NEWS —> Miami Dolphins express interest in Rishard Matthews as free agency looms https://t.co/6VO2Xh2Bp0

I think we’ll talk to Rishard, but if the money climbs too high, we’ll wave goodbye.

Mike, if it’s between Trump or Hillary? That’s what my comment was based on.

Oh, I thought I made that clear earlier

February 18, 2016 at 8:41 pm (Edit)

112. dbolt48 says:

Now begins Tim’s descent for a photo to get people fired at work😂

113. Al in MIA says:

D,

From Matt Miller’s piece …(validating what you have said before)

“4. Safety Keanu Neal, Florida

Keanu Neal is the best player in the draft that no one is talking about yet. He’s a heat-seeking missile coming down from his perch at safety, and with the drills in Indy designed to highlight burst and flexibility, Neal should dominate. “

Hillary terrifies me more than Trump. That’s the truth.

I hear ya. The fact that she has a chance to be president tells you a lot about our fellow countrymen/women.

I agree, and honestly, I’m disappointed that Trump is in the lead as well. I think too many people think just because in theory he isn’t beholden to any lobbyists that he’s the best choice. Is that really all there is? We need to fix the system, and destroy the 2 party system that rules the day now. I had heard Bloomberg was going to run on the Independent ticket, but then I haven’t heard anything in a while.

One thing I believe is in our favor regarding Rishard is I think he has a good rapport with Tannehill. Tannehill seemed to like throwing his way, so that might factor in our favor.

Maybe Gase can sell him on a new start.

I’d let him compete for a starting job. I like his game more than Stills. He’s a much more physical player, which I like. I know Stills is much faster, but he was underwhelming last season.

Mike, I don’t think Matthews has anything to do with Stills who is on the cheap and will be a UFA next year. Stills gives us some speed. Only 27 catches but a 16.3 YPCA,10 of 20+ and 3 TD.

What I meant is, if they think Stills is a #2 WR, they won’t want to pay Matthews a #2 salary. Maybe due to the fact that Stills is on his rookie contract, it won’t matter, I guess we’ll see.

I think Stills is #3 behind Landry and Parker. It’s all about value and how the team would view Matthews in their offense. I’m not sure #WR plays a role in any of it.

• dbolt48 says:

If Matthews is on the team he’ll start in front of Stills. I’d Rishard goes elsewhere then Stills is your number three and you invest a mid round pick on WR.

Dbolt, maybe one of the other WRs on the team steps up and surprises.

I meant #2 as he will be starting on the perimeter. For all intents and purposes, Landry is the #1 WR.

120. 81Howie says:

Anyone ever watch the History Channel, they have that Nostradamus effect show…
    They show the 3rd Anti-Christ in front of a crowd of thousands cheering him on.
    Trump is that man and its going to be Armageddon!
    I’m voting for him anyway, he dont take no shit!!!
    And resign Mathews!

I have watched some Nostradamus show, it really got on my nerves. The loose interpretation of the stuff he said, and also the fact that he made a million freaking predictions, makes it easy to say he got all these things right.

An orange man with a bizarre hairstyle will rule the world

Hillary Clinton has always tried to tell the truth and doesn’t believe she has ever lied. She’s such a pol.

Al in MIA says:
    February 19, 2016 at 10:22 am
    D,

From Matt Miller’s piece …(validating what you have said before)

“4. Safety Keanu Neal, Florida

——————————————–
    Al, appreciate the posting, i respect Miller too. Its hard sometimes for me to convince its not bias as ai am a HUGE UF fan, but i do try very hard to tell it like it is when saying if i think another team i care a lot about should use a draft pick to gt them.

Neal is damn good, even though i think next year Marcus Maye probably will be an even better prospect. Heal hit a guy this year, so hard, i felt it at my house lol. Very aggressive player.

I kinda double downed on CB and TE at the end

OLB MYLES JACK
    FLORIDA
    225: R7P6
    CB D.J WHITE
    GEORGIA TECH
    229: R7P10
    TE TYLER HIGBEE

Stills is the speedster we need on The field
    His presence makes a difference

I’m looking forward to a Landry, Parker Stills 1,2 & 3

Matthews, who I like, kind of mucks things up with his familiarity with Tanny

Sure it’s an asset
    But the big plays will probably come from other guys
    And we need big plays from time to time

I am kinda hoping they let Matthews go
    We will see

I think Parker is going to be a big time player. I have nothing against Matthews but Parker is the guy to get excited about.

• dbolt48 says:

Mathews made plenty of big plays last year and was the best run blocker on the team. He also was the most consistent catching the ball prior to his injury.

He’s got good qualities

But speed kills

And we do have other guys that an do what Matthews does

He’s certainly consistent
        But that deep ball is a killer when it works
        And Matthews doesn’t really help us with that like stills does

It’s almost like marthe s can be a detriment who can keep younger players who are ready off the field

But I do like him

If we kept him I would be worried he would win the starting job
        I think he’s the only player ever I have said that about…lol

February 19, 2016 at 1:43 pm
    There’s a lot of good prospects from Florida this year.
    —————————————–
    There are every year you damn UF haters!

What I really want to hear
    Is not that the Dolphins are working to keep Vernon or Matthews

I want to hear that the Dolphins are working to keep Miller
    And have their eyes on a few free agent OL

Tim thats horrible competition for us. They have tons of cap space to use and when Peyton retires finally, they will have another 21.5 mil on top of that. We have 0 way to compete with Denver money wise, and they can make the same usage promises as we can too.

Gase just has to point at past few years of him as an OC, the pattern is there on touches. Usually has one back that get 25-30 a gam and another that gets about 10. Usually the 25-30 touch guy is used petty well in the receiving game as well so he can probably expect 4-6 throws to him as well.

As far as Miller beign back, its not th teams decision, i promise you we will be out bid in FA, and there will be teams who are going to use him in the number of touches range he is expecting. The only think we have at this point is how much Miller wants to stay with the Phins so anything that ends up with Miller next year comes because Miller loves this team/city period.

If i dont get Miller either im bumping the priority of RB in my draft strategy and hoping i get an equivalent player, even if it takes a year or so to develop, or im getting Matt Forte on a affordable 2 year type contract. I know everyone is convinced that Forte will be expensive but that is not what the market is going to dictate this year. There are several young, up and coming RB’s who are going to get their paydays, Forte is going to get last contract aging RB money, even though talent wise i think he still has plenty left in the tank.

I think Kenyan Drake, is the best bang for the buck replacement for Miller, but Kenneth Dixon, Devonte Booker, Alex Collins, would all be backs that could give us some of that special talent Miller has. Jonathan Williams could as well as long as he shows at cmbine that he is fully recovered. Derrick Henry might be an idea if we are looking for more of a 3 down guy who only rotates out to be rested.

• dbolt48 says:

CJ Anderson.

132. dbolt48 says:

@AlbertBreer: The Rams announced they’ve released LB James Lauinaitis, DE Chris Long and TE Jared Cook.

It still makes me mad that we had Miller in a contract year and didn’t ride him like seabiscuit, especially since resigning him is unlikely at this point. He’s commanding a salary like we did use him properly.

C.J. Anderson is a RFA so not sure how that works being that he was undrafted.

MIke E, I too am tired of the two party system, but unfortunately unless things are changed at the 50 individual state levels (every state has their own way of doing things) there will never be a third party candidate elected. It’s not even possible the way some states are set up.

136. dbolt48 says:

Not sure Id waste much time on Laurinitis. He’s better than what we have at MLB, but so is a 🐌. Draft the MLB.

So what do you guys think?
    Should I make a run at Trump and Hillary

YOUR TEAM
    MIAMI DOLPHINS
    YOUR PICKS
    1: R1P8 S JALEN RAMSEY FLORIDA STATE
    2: R2P11 LB JAYLON SMITH NOTRE DAME
    3: R3P10 G VADAL ALEXANDER LSU
    4: R4P9 DE SHAWN OAKMAN BAYLOR
    5: R5P8 CB HARLAN MILLER SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA
    6: R6P11 QB BRANDON DOUGHTY WESTERN KENTUCKY
    7: R7P6 OT JOE DAHL WASHINGTON STATE
    8: R7P10 OLB IAN SEAU NEVADA

This is based upon everyone’s health checking out before the draft. (of course)

All visionaries face the same obstacles

But a 1 -2 – 3 LB draft is going to change the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

You’ll see!!!!

Speaking of Trump
    when the details about the Trump University stuff leaks
    He’s really going to find himself in an ugly scandal

This Tim
    But there is a lot more to it than this
    Trump was sued by the NY Attorney General’s Office for starting Trump University
    for whatever reason it hasn’t been in the news much

but I think its on its way there, given that this story just broke

I was watching both Clinton and Sanders talk about financial crisis’ that young people are faced with bc of education

And Trump University and the scandal surrounding it probably follows that dialogue

Yeah that’s not good for a guy running for president.

the details are really bad

politicians always face scrutiny and lawsuits

but this is the attorney general’s office suing
        in a public office suing him for basically promising to make young people real estate professionals, taking there money and not delivering

Its just hasn’t been talked about yet. I don’t know why the other republican candidates haven’t brought it up

but I sort of sense the democrats will if he wins the republican nomination
        it fits there dialogue

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 53m53 minutes ago
    Dolphins had three starting LBs in 2015. I’ve been told two will be replaced. So draft, UFA, all possibilities merit scrutiny.

When did we have three starting LB’s???? I mean I know we had LB’s who started games, but they weren’t starters. LOL

I guess that means Jenkins won’t be replaced according to Mando

I don’t know, I find it hard to believe some one in the Dolphins organization said to him – “We are replacing 2 of our starters this offseason”

I expect us to replace 2
      I’m just saying its probably more speculation by Mando

“I keep trying to get Smith in the 2nd round…………..but it never works” Honestly I don’t think any of the guys I picked in that Mock will drop to where I was able to get them. Fanspeak lost their minds for a minute there.

Chris Long just cut….guess that rumor was right. It was the same one that said Laurinaitis was also a target.

DBolt, i think ya gotta look at it like this. Draft an ILB high, or draft an OLB high, and pick up one in FA. Laurinaitis i think winds up being less expensive and a bigger upgrade at MLB than say Irvin at OLB. So then you go RD1/Rd2 at OLB and you have a pretty sick LB corps.

Long had been relegated to second tier on the depth chart for the Ram’s i think he would come pretty cheap compared to re-signing or getting a guy in FA. He probably has a little bit left in the tank though and would give us a starter until either a lower round DE developed or we found a better option in a later draft.

I doubt very seriously anyone takes Jaylon Smith before the second round. Unless he pulls a wolverine and shows up really ahead of schedule in the healing process, like able to show something significant at combine meetings, i dont see how any team can take that level of risk, unless of course they are a team with no needs, maybe Denver or Pats would probably take than chance, oh wait they dont have a 1st rounder…boo hoo

I think it wouldnt be a bad idea to pick up a guy like Irvin then draft a guy like Ragland or Brothers, but just as effective would be pick up a guy like Laurinaitis and then draft a guy like Jack, Jones or Lee.

I don’t think there is any chance Ramsey slides to number 8 either

Your score is: 8248 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 15 (L.A.): Darron Lee, OLB/ILB, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT, Florida (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 12 (L.A.): Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (A)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Harlan Miller, CB, Southeastern Louisiana (A)
    Round 4 Pick 12 (L.A.): Kenyan Drake, RB, Alabama (A)
    Round 5 Pick 8: De’Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Demarcus Robinson, WR, Florida (A)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Antwione Williams, OLB, Georgia Southern (B-)

3mil roster bonus on Demarcus Ware this year. Thats a pretty big reason to cut, but the Broncos can eat that and still have plenty of room.

152. dbolt48 says:

D,
    I hear what your saying about the LB situation, but honestly JL hasn’t been impressive the last couple of years. He’s better than what we’ve had, but not by a whole lot.

153. dbolt48 says:

LOL….BPA left me picking no OL😂

Your score is: 7683 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 10 (NYG): Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 9 (NYG): Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas (B)
    Round 6 Pick 11: James Bradberry, CB, Samford (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Aaron Green, RB, TCU (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Tavon Young, CB, Temple (A-)

I just got back from a wake. A woman I grew up with, her husband died way too young of cancer. I actually met him not through her, but at a sports bar as he was also a Phins fan. His last name was Marino. I would see him over the years to watch the game, then he started bringing his young son “Danny” with him. So I got to know him too. He’s also friends with another of my friend’s son so I see him at functions from time to time.

Very sad, way to young.

that is said

we are all getting to that age when we start seeing our friends die
      getting old sucks

Yeah man, it makes you think about your own mortality. He was a cool guy. Has a lot of kids too. Some in or just out of HS. His son Danny is older at 28. I saw him tonight. I feel for all of them.

8: R1P8

225: R7P6

TE JAKE MCGEE

FLORIDA

229: R7P10

QB BRANDON DOUGHTY

WESTERN KENTUCKY

I would be very happy with this draft using Fanspeak (Bleacher Report/Miller)

I guess they don’t think very highly of Matakavich

it pains me to take an OG instead of a defensive player with a 2nd round pick
    But if you haven’t see Garnett play, you should
    He looks exceptional

It’s funny, everyone who knows or has now met Gase says the same thing, he’s enthusiastic, fiery and competitive. Yet at his PC he came across as laid back and even keel. Just goes to show you that you can’t judge someone based on one situation. At the podium is different than being around the guys talking and coaching football.

Piggy, I read Garnett’s pros and cons at CBS and I’m really getting annoyed with how contradictory they are. I mean one moment he’s a guy who can dominate then he’s a guy who needs work and lacks this and that. They need to trim that shit down. Too much wandering opinion.

I just read a little
      Read a little elsewhere
      Then start watching some vids

I’m telling you – they go out of the way to look for flaws
      These players are usually better than they say

I do read elsewhere. I like CBS to get a feel for a player and I do watch video but I’m not going to watch it for all the prospects. LOL

I think in general CBS is the best site

Sometimes I get into a prospect and watch a lot of video
    I must have watched all of deandre Hopkins and lache seastrunk games in their years
    I probably watched a lot Denzel Perryman vids too

Right, you watch a few and a little more but I go a lot by what others say and sometimes it becomes clear when most people agree about a guy.

There were some really good videos on Kevin White last year by some one with a YouTube channel which really broke him down

I gotta find that guys channel
        He really did a good job breaking down things most people don’t write about

And showing it on tape

I watched him talk about Parker and Strong last year
        He really liked White much more than the other prospects

But he wasn’t a dick about it
        I came away liking strong a lot
        I still think strong is in his way to a great NFL career

Piggy, isn’t Kevin White injured?

Yep

At least he was for some of the year

I don’t know what his story is

It’s hard to believe he won’t be great
      He had a ton of talent
      He looked like a can’t miss prospect

That sucks for him

Hopefully he bounces back and has a great 2016
    The guy has elite talent

Piggy, last year the first WR I was high on was Parker, then White, then Cooper. I saw too much one foot in from Parker and thought that was a con. LOL

White looked like another Julio Jones. Cooper was just really good. I now think Parker might be the best of all of them. He has a natural gift for locating the ball and using his size and talent to go get it.

We got a good one.

I still think those top 4
      Cooper
      Parker
      White
      Strong

Are going to be very good
      To me they were a cut about the rest
      But I always have to pick 7
      Bc of the samurai theme…lol

I have to look back to see who my other 3 were
      I know Perriman was one
      I suspect there is another good one I am forgetting

But I did like Strong a lot
      And thought he was being overlooked by many

That WR class was really strong but many had ailments that kept them from having productive rookie seasons. Whatever with all the rest, Parker shined in a big way. I’d be shocked if he’s not a top WR for the next 5 years minimum. Tannehill saw it too. LOL

164. jetsssuck says:

here’s a idea 4 u guys to think about draft and FA. FA get a guard and get a low priced competition in other need spots. Don’t resign lamor thomas or OV. Pick up low priced rb in fa like ray rice.OV is not going to be good because he has only one move to get to the qb and that is not going to last with the nfl protecting qb’s knee’s.

The draft, pick a center in 3rd round which maybe is the best rated center coming out. Move Pouncey to guard which he played in college. Fourth round draft highest rated FB. 2nd and 1st round use for CB and LB with low salary for rookies.
    Next year start drafting a high draft choice for OL replacements needed with expiring contracts plus we should have extra money available for FA.

I kinda like Pouncey at center
      He didn’t work so well at OG a few years ago

I think you meant. Lamar Miller
      I agree with you abiut letting OV go
      Depending on the price tag, I want to keep Miller

• jetsssuck says:

i think pouncey has made pro bowl at both center and guard.

Yes, Pouncey did, but he’s a much better center. You can’t expect a rookie 3rd rounder to come in and play center, while calling the plays, and expect that to be an upgrade. I think Douglas holds down one of the guard spots, the other will be winner between Thomas, Turner, and a vet FA. The O has to be better with Gase calling the plays and running an offense that isn’t so Philbinie 😛

165. jetsssuck says:

piggy, we had a tornado touch down last week by flimgo gardens that stayed on the ground to Nob hill.

Mel Kiper has Dolphins taking Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley with No. 8 pick.

With the injuries we’ve had at tackle, this isn’t a bad move, and it is a good time to take an LT to replace Albert some day, but we have to get a play making LB in the first round Smith, Jack or Ragland, or we wasted another yr of paying Suh big bucks without having a playmaker behind him to make the O pay for double/triple teaming him.

• jetsssuck says:

I can see us taking Stanley since we have Albert’s contract due next. Let him play guard until Albert leaves or Fins don’t pay him and he has to leave.He didn’t want to play guard in KC and I don’t think he will sacrifice playing guard here either. He was a guard in college.

Another reason why we won’t have a traditional FB on the roster this yr is the depth at WR. Why would they try to resign Matthews, if they were going to use a FB in the O?

After the 2013 season this article came out on Lauriniaitis, after 2013 he was ranked as the 93rd best player in the NFL. Laurinaitis is never going to be the type of player to wow anyone with bone-rattling hits or uber-athletic splash plays. But he’s about as solid as it gets in the middle. The tackle stats speak for themselves and also represent a nod to his durability as he has never missed a game in five NFL seasons.

After 2014 he was the top 4-3 inside LBer as far as missed tackles go. I wouldn’t mind signing him to an FA contract, which would make it ok to draft Ronnie Stanley or Hargreaves.

We must address MLB this offseason or we’ll be 6-10 again, or worse.

Here’s another condescending article by Omar. He’s still shitting on RT and making it seem like he knows all. That said, he doesn’t even know what year it is. LOL

Jetssuck, I wouldn’t start moving the OL around. Albert, Pouncey and James should be our core to build around. Upgrade the guards and add better depth at tackle and center.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree. I also think backup tackle is just as important for the team as guard. the last 2 years our tackles have gone down and that’s killed the oline. Ultimately though our scheme needs to allow tanny to get rid of the ball much faster. sub 2.5 secs

We need more stability at guard regardless of who it is, and an upgrade over Fox for sure. I think Gase/Christensen will do a better job keeping the dogs off RT in vulnerable formations and down and distance situations. That was the biggest issue.

I also expect better route concepts which is suppose to be Gase’s area of expertise.

8: R1P8
    CB TAVON YOUNG
    TEMPLE
    229: R7P10
    OLB CURT MAGGITT
    TENNESSEE

I intended to draft Joshua Garnett
      but he went off the board quicker than I expected

Jordan Howard is a good looking scrappy RB

Howard is a solid option if we let Miller walk. I don’t have a good feel for what will happen with Miller. I can see a team offering him 5 years $32M due to his age, low touch per game average but very productive per as well. Would you match that?

Don’t see Whitehair lasting until the 3rd. This fascination with Jaylon Smith who has a long rehab ahead of him baffles me. Like we’re the team that can afford that sort of thing. I don’t get it. He’s not the next Lawrence Taylor and he’s a question at MLB at the next level. Not sure he has the frame to hold up inside. He looks more like an OLB to me. Is that position really that key that we can maybe forgo his rookie season for future fascinations about his upside?

• rgs322 says:

I don’t get it either. I was a big fan of Jaylon before the injury, but the timing and severity would keep me from drafting him the first couple rounds.

You guys aren’t going to like wedges scouting report this week

rgs, exactly!

I would not be surprised if our LBs in 2016 are…
    SOLB Hewitt
    MLB Ragland
    WOLB Jenkins

• rgs322 says:

TBH, I wouldn’t mind drafting Ragland in the 1st. I think we need to go LB with one of our first two picks. Either Jack/Ragland in the 1st or Brothers/D. Jones in the 2nd.

I see a lot of fans speak of Ragland as if he’s not a factor. He’s a stocky built guy who knows how to play the game and could serve as a run stopper and blitzer on long down and distance. Let’s see how he stacks up after the combine. I expect 6-0+ 255, 4.7ish, 20+ reps of 225. If he does that, I’d take him at #8.

I think Ragland replaces Misi and the other two can be nickel LBs. Jenkins played on a high ankle sprain most of the season missing games because of it. Hewitt shined down the stretch. We really need to figure out DE, CB and S.

I approve this message, but I’d like to trade down to get Ragland.

AT 6:48 PM PIGGY SAID. “You guys aren’t going to like wedges scouting report this week.” WHY is THAT, Piggy?? Is wedge going to tell us “Ross wouldn’t know a good GM or Head Coach if one bit him in the ass??” –OR,has Gase already tested that theory by BITING ROSS IN THE ASS??
    —————
    On another issue, Florida Atlantic’s baseball team went into Starkville yesterday and beat South Dakota State 11-5, then beat #11 ranked Mississippi State 10-6 on their home field. TONIGHT, FAU leads Mississippi State 4-0 in the 8th inning, having out hit the Bulldogs 12-2 so far. Those old Bulldog fans haven’t rang their cowbells very often tonight. Another win tonight by FAU might put them in the Top 25, at the expense of an over-rated SEC team. I really love college baseball and always try to catch as many games as I can. A friend has invited me up to Cowlumbus to see FAU take on Ohio State this season. If Southwest has decent fares on their direct flight, I might take him up on the invitation. The Buckeyes, no doubt, will be looking to return this ass-kicking they received in a 3-game series in Boca Raton last season.

Piggy

Gotta be a QB . . . Does Cam have a little brother or cousin in this draft maybe? 🙂

It’s Jaylon Smith

I don’t want you to spoil it, but on the face of it, I don’t have a problem with that at all. I kinda have an idea of what you mean though

178. jetsssuck says:

with the draft and FA, I think we have to hit on getting 4 quality new starters for this team to challenge.
    DRAFT—-rounds 1(cb or lb) and 2(lb or cb), 3rd round (G or center) and 4 with a FB.
    FA—quality guard.
    Draft after round 4- OT, safety, and then development players.
    after final team cuts—hopefully we can get another starter

The team will need to simplify the play book from a typical NFL playbook of 120 plus plays to 30-40 plays that everyone can absorb and be on the same page every play. During the season they can game plan with new plays while adding 2-3 new plays each game to playbook.