The Wedge Scouting Report: Jeremy Cash, S

Allright!!!  Blew up another moon with my favorite weapon:

THE XEXER MISSILE

The Xexer Missile might not be so exciting, but its reliable.

BOOM!

space_explosion

Jeremy Cash plays like that!  Like a missile!  When Jeremy Cash sees the ball carrier…well…you know…….BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

He hit 332 ball carriers like a missile in three years at Duke!

Boom

Boom

Boom

Imagine that 332 times in three years!

JeremyCash5

When Cash hits you…he really hits you.

There is a part of Cash’s game that is kind of Ronnie Lottesque.

No I’m not comparing him to Ronnie Lott.

I’m just saying he is tough, gritty and hits like a truck!

Cash is likely a 2nd round pick in the 2016 draft but he might sneak into the first round.

Jeremy Cash2

JeremyCash1

The 6-2, 210 Pound Leader of the Duke Defense didn’t just tackle ball carriers in the ACC

Cash had 8 sacks over the last 2 years at Duke.  I guess the Blue Devils utilized the safety blitz a lot.  Wouldn’t you if Cash was on your team?

He also had 5 career interceptions at Duke.  He’s not really thought of as a ballhawk by NFL Scouts.  But he is defiantly a missile!

JeremyCash6

If Jeremy Cash was an Alien Weapon of Destruction, he would be the dreaded

XEXER MISSILE!

Lookout Earth!!!

Missile2

Check out his highlights here:

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

295 Responses to The Wedge Scouting Report: Jeremy Cash, S

Sources Tell Us “As long as you have a plan for him and play plenty of sub packages that let him play in the box, you will be fine.” — NFC scout

He doesn’t excel in coverage based on what I read.

Ken

Do you need a sub package too when you play in the box? lol

Its Jeremy Cash
    the new blog is Jeremy Cash…..lol

4. Al in MIA says:

Jeremy Cash ….if only we needed a SS. There is talk of making him an OLB like what has been suggested for Sua.

Speaking of sub packages, Jared of Subway fame got his ass kicked in prison the other day.

6. Al in MIA says:

Ferris State
    The much-anticipated pro day for small-school defensive lineman Justin Zimmer of Ferris State, who worked out in Michigan today, is complete.

Some of the times are all over the place, but thus far I’ve been given the following: Zimmer measured 6024, 302 pounds, completed 44 reps on the bench, posted a vertical jump of 32 inches and a broad jump of 9-9. His 40 times ranged from the high 4.8s to the low 4.9s, while his 3-cone times were as fast as 7.10.
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#DGfbgKogPtjRBWmP.99

7. Al in MIA says:

I saw your Jared article regarding Steve Nigg lol. I just couldn’t respond at the time.

Catch y’all later

9. Al in MIA says:

Don’t know how accurate the 3-cone time is on Justin Zimmer but to put things into perspective, Baylor CB Xavien Howard clocked in a 3-cone time of 7.18 …Zimmer bested that weighing 100 more lbs LOL.

I think the plan is to have a SS this year, Cash would be the kind of guy we probably would target, though i think Neal gives us the same quality as far as an in the box safety with a lot better ball skills.

NFL Rumor Central: Dolphins targeting Ezekiel Elliott?

ESPN will write anything. Are we that stupid to think the Fins will actually tell everyone who they’re targeting? Because this report came out I’m positive we won’t be targeting him. When you don’t have a QB and RT is sitting there at #8 everyone knows you’re going to pull the trigger, but this isn’t that situation.

Cash looks spectacular in those highlights. He can really lay the wood.

Now, what does he do on the other 50 plays during the game?

Welcome to the dumpster fire Griff.

Ravens CB Tray Walker has passed away.
    Walker suffered fatal head injuries in a dirt bike accident Thursday. It’s a devastating loss for the Ravens, who drafted Walker in the fourth round last year. Walker was active for eight games as a rookie, recording two tackles.
    ________________
    More prayers to his loved ones and friends. Tough loss at a young age.

I haven’t rode in a long while either….especially in daily traffic. Maybe open roads, but there is still danger.

So sad about Tray Walker. RIP

It made me think of Sam.

RIP Tray! Let it RIP Sam!

A lot of the moves we’ve made with both coaches and personnel screams we’re going to do a lot of wide 9. That’s why we signed AG at S as well. He’s a good box safety and both he and Jones are going to share that role depending on formations. In the wide 9 you spread those DL far apart and then stack the gaps with the LBs and a S. It’s an attack defense. So a safety like Cash would be a good fit. But we need to add another good cover safety somewhere.

Lots of people in Park City have set up awards in Sam’s name. My wife’s cousin who is a wrestling coach in NJ set up one in Sam’s name – The First Annual Sam Jackenthal Memorial Team Spirit Award.

The Wide 9 Defense.

Gotta have LB’s that can shed blocks and tackle

Yep, need guys who can man up, blitz and cover some ground. They also need to drop into coverage once they know it’s not a draw.

The thing is if the offense tries to double anyone like Suh, there are too many gaps for a LB or S to blow up the backfield. It’s also a hard defense to run outside on. The ends are already there.

I’ll tell ya Tim, I knew what the wide 9 looked like, but the more I look at the picture, the more I want Ragland in the middle.

I’m with you on that. I like Ragland and we have more DEs than LBs right now. A lot of people really like to make him out to be a sloth. I don’t see that but what I have seen is he’s one of those LBs that when he meets contact it ends there. He’s built thick. His lower body is very strong.

Maybe #8 was too high for him, but #13 is not. There’s nothing wrong with being tough and athletic at LB and being deep. You want 5-6 game day LBs you believe in and at least half of them play STs.

I think this defense is why Misi was retained on a restructure. He can man up, he can rush and drop, he’s been doing all those things for 6 years. He’s a better box player than space guy, but you need those guys too. His issue is durability. His physical style gets him banged up.

Alonso is an instinctive LB with some range and he’s more wiry than Misi.

If Jenkins can regain his 2014 form which will be not playing on a high ankle sprain, the potential here could be very solid. Jenkins is a good blitzer, he couldn’t do it last year.

Would still like to add competition to the starters, Hewitt and Vigil. I could see us drafting at least one LB relatively high and another late or go with a few as UDFAs.

Pretty sure Zach Thomas ran a 4.8 at the combine. It’s not all speed, it’s hitting the right gap, and in general, knowing where to be, and anticipating where to go. That means a lot more than 2 tenths of a second in the 40 yard dash.

I know you know this too, not trying to convince you, just for anyone else that’s reading.

That’s cool, I didn’t really talk about speed so I was like huh? LOL

Instincts and overall athletic ability is more important than straight line speed for a LB but Ragland had one of the best times for an ILB at 4.72. He was good in drills too. The guy is a legit 6-1 250 prototype ILB. Sheppard played hard and had his moments but he also left too much on the field. Ragland is a sure tackler and a thumper who can move better than people think. He’s probably in Misi’s class athletically, but he’s a more highly touted pure LB than Misi was. Misi was always a hybrid – DL in college, 3-4 OLB, 4-3 SOLB and MLB in the pros

Ragland would be a good transition from Misi too.

You said that some people think he’s a sloth, that’s what I was referring to.

I agree on Jenkins too. He was pretty damn good in ’14, he was definitely not the same in ’15. He should be a lot better this year.

Yeah man he was hurt, played through it and missed a few games. I have my eye on Alonso and Hewitt to make the LB corps better. Add a good rookie and we’re moving in the right direction. Vigil to me is still a dark horse but he showed potential too. Both Hewitt and Vigil need to get bigger and stronger.

Mike, yeah but those comments about Ragland wasn’t his 40 time. They don’t like his game tape in space. Everyone wants the next Luke Kuechly – he’s not the norm. LOL

You and I both see a typical decade Steelers/Ravens ILB don’t we? 🙂

He’s the type of prospect the Steelers have fall to them and he’s a core guy on their defense. I want to start landing those types of players.

He’s just a football player. Not flashy, but he makes the plays he’s supposed to, all the time. Great tackler, and has great instincts. That’s what this defense has been missing.

Agreed. He also rushes the passer, at least he did at Alabama. I like him in our new defense.

26. Rhino says:

I was gonna say something… but MikeE and Tim seemed to be having a moment. 🙂

Rhino

Don’t be shy – just jump right in, just watch that horn will ya!

28. dbolt48 says:

Absolutely love Ragland as a player, but I think the earliest LB position we take is SOLB due to Misi’s history. I think being able to kick Vigil to BU MLB is a huge plus for this team.

I think Hewitt or Jenkins could play SOLB, with Alonso at WOLB

On the other hand, if I want to draft a guy, we won’t be, so you’re probably right.

• dbolt48 says:

I don’t see Jenkins as having that ability at all. He’s really struggled to get off blocks. Hewitt improved towards the end of the year in this area. The way look at it, with those 2 you’re pretty solid 2 deep at WOLB, Alonso/Vigil make you solid at MLB, & that leaves you at SOLB depending on Misi…..I think you can find a SOLB easier in the draft than MLB. Just my 2 pennies though 👍

D-Bolt

Jenkins did struggle last year, but he was hurting. 2 seasons ago, Jenkins was a different player, made much more of an impact.

• dbolt48 says:

Jenkins is an excellent player when he doesn’t have to fight off blockers.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

being hurt is an excuse. If he’s on the field he needs to produce. period. If he’s hurt he should sit his ass down and let someone else play,

Guys try to play hurt all the time. It’s not an excuse, he was playing hurt all season and missed time and games due to it. Eventually he did sit out and that’s why we saw more of Hewitt and Vigil.

We could go a lot of ways in the draft. I was just pointing out that this draft is deep in DL, not as much at ILB.

It will be exciting to see how the draft plays out. We should land some very good prospects.

Zach wasn’t too good at fighting off blockers either, so…

True, that’s why the big boys in front always tried to keep him clean. He had a lot of struggles with Kevin Mawae.

The point is it’s not the end all like Dbolt is making it out to be, or maybe I’m just reading him wrong.

I’ve seen everything now:

Andrew Abramson Verified account 
    ‏@AbramsonPBP
    How many years of your life are you willing to trade to see the Dolphins win the Super Bowl?

There’s no choice in the poll for none, so everyone taking the poll has to pick some amount of yrs. It’s like the people that say they’d sacrifice themselves in the heat of a holdup or situation to let someone else live, you really don’t know how you’d react until that time comes. Tough to get an honest answer for this poll.

tim,
    if he was hurt then he should have sat. We’ll see what he does this year but I’m not holding my breath. I can easily see Jenkins as a backup this year and not a starter. He was pretty horrible in some of the games.

I went to Monster Jam last night, it’s the world finals (whatever that means). Last night was the racing finals, tonight is the free style finals. Awesome show. I went a few times at an indoor facility in Reno, but it was nothing like this in UNLV’s outdoor football stadium, trucks going almost 70 mph, then turning the corner (hairpin style), then hitting a jump.

We signed Griff Whalen to compete for the 4th WR. I’ve seen him play a few times, he’s a gritty Landry type of player with no real talent, but puts his heart into it. I wouldn’t want to count on him in a starting role, but he could be good as a 4th WR when the others are covered and you need a tough few yards.

Here’s a well written letter from John Harbaugh to the Ravens players.

Some will say he should’ve just sent out content that made it about Trey, instead of a teaching lesson on what not to do, and I agree with that, but life goes on…

After Tim’s point about Whalen possibly being referred by Christensen, it seems like we’re targeting more players this yr that fit the system, then just signing talented players like we’ve done in the past. Any wonder why we haven’t had a good track record with FAs?

PhinPhanatic ‏@PhinPhanatic 1h1 hour ago
    Dolphins add Griff Whalen to their receiver corp

43. dbolt48 says:

Steve, correct that ZT ws netralized when blockers got on him….which is what that defense was built to prevent. Big difference from what this defense is built for. Wide 9 your LBs NEED to be very good getting off of and beating blocks or the D will fail. If Jenkins doesn’t improve at getting off blocks that will absolutely kill him.

The idea of the wide 9 is to blow up the backfield and have the LBs and a box S clean up. If it’s a pass play the rush is already on, stop the run on the way to the QB.

It’s not like that’s all we’ll play though. If an offense goes big on 3rd and 2 and is going to try to run it, we’re not going to play the wide 9, we’ll play more of a goal line defense.

The 4-3 is set up to use multiple formations based on the personnel you have. VJ has said all teams play in nickel most of the time now anyway. It’s all about matchups.

• dbolt48 says:

Correct, but to properly function you need to be able to get off blocks. We’ll see how it goes this year. 2014 JJ was damn good in 2015, injury or not, he was downright awful…..What Jenkins shows up this year? I know by the end of last year I thought Neville Hewitt was the better player & still ascending.

Boulder

It may not be an excuse (Jenkins injury) as to winning or losing, but it’s definitely an excuse as to why he wasn’t as good last year, when he was great in ’14. I expect him to be better and play like he did in ’14 this season. Does that make sense?

He basically had the same issue last year as Misi had in 2014 – high ankle sprain. They don’t heal quickly and the only remedy is staying off of it. During the season, sometimes that’s not an option and guys try to give it a go.

I keep hearing all this talk about wide 9, but don’t remember where it originated from. Has VJ said he’s going to use it, or is it that just something he’s associated with?

I know our LBs sucked last yr, but do we really need 5 starting caliber LBs, since the base D is the nickel?

So you’re comfortable with counting on Alonso at MLB? I’m not, and who said we have 5 starting LB’s? Our LB’s were awful last season, something needs to change. I’d love to have Ragland manning the middle, along with whoever wins the WLB (Alonso?) and SLB (Misi, Jenkins, Hewitt?)

Not comfortable, but I feel better about Alonso than what we had last yr. What I’ve asked for is one playmaker at LB, someone needs to clean up, when Suh or others are doubled. Make them pay for doubling Suh.

The media seems to be making a big deal about Jim Washburn. Does anyone know why? They seemed to be making him out to be a hired gun.

I think it was a huge mistake to cut Mike Gillislee last yr. I like Damien as a receiving back, but he sucks running the ball. We wouldn’t be in such a bad spot with RB, if we had just kept him.

Steve – I agree with you, I’m just not comfortable counting on Alonso to be that guy. I would hate for him to be the plan at MLB, because if he’s either hurt, or not getting it done, there’s really no other true MLB on the roster. If we get Ragland, we have better depth on the outside, with Jenkins, Alonso, Hewitt and Misi, and maybe even McCain, although I doubt McCain.

The media keeps saying how stupid it was for us to have dropped down to #13, the typical run your mouth stuff without knowing what the plan is, but if the plan is to take Ragland and they felt like they would’ve taken him at #8, if they didn’t have a trade partner, then there’s no issue with losing 5 spots in the first.

To have a good D we need an LB that is a tackling machine, if Alonso turns into that fine, but like Mike said can we really count on Alonso to be that guy?

Walt’s Miami Dolphins Mock Selections

Rd. 1, Pk. 13 Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
    I don’t understand what the Dolphins did this offseason, but they apparently think that the recipe to winning a Super Bowl is to acquire as many old, declining defensive ends as possible. OK, I’m sure they truly don’t believe that, but they do need lots of young blood at the position after allowing Olivier Vernon to walk.

Pick change; previously Ezekiel Elliott, RB (No. 8)

Rd. 2, Pk. 11 Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State
    Miami’s secondary is a mess, as everyone took note in a Monday night loss to the Giants. The front office will have to find help at both cornerback and safety, and the former can be addressed here.

Rd. 3, Pk. 10 Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
    The Dolphins tried to sign C.J. Anderson, but failed. They clearly want a new running back to replace Lamar Miller, so here’s a possible solution.

Pick change; previously Carl Nassib, DE

Rd. 4, Pk. 9 Sebastian Tretola, G, Arkansas
    The Dolphins are desperate at guard. Two upgrades are needed at the position to help Ryan Tannehill’s development.

Rd. 5, Pk. 8 Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State
    The Dolphins haven’t gotten much out of Jordan Cameron, so they’ll probably search for a tight end at some point in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Pick change; previously Christian Westerman, G

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/mocks/nfl/2016/Miami-Dolphins#TzAqHFdGOoQAJYtj.99

Where is the LB!!!!

He only has 5 picks and his picks don’t mean that’s what we’ll do. His first commentary on the DE position was inaccurate.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

2016 will be a rough year. too many holes.

I don’t think we have too many holes. We need to add more upgrades who win jobs over some other guys. That’s how you improve.

The first thing he says is inaccurate. Mario Williams isn’t old, he just turned 31 in January and he’s back in a defense that suits his skill set. Andre Branch will be 27 in July. The DE from Canada we brought in Cleyon Laing will turn 26 in November. Every other DE on the team except for Wake in under 25. Do some research Walt! SMH

Why are we picking Dodd, if we think that the recipe to winning a Super Bowl is to acquire as many old, declining defensive ends as possible? Contradiction?

LOL, right? So we must want a young DE to counter that philosophy. These guys don’t always think things through. That’s why I spend less time looking at mocks and focus more on how most people have prospects ranked. Our management is going to pick our new players, not mocksters.

Steve, Dbolt heard Gase say we’ll play wide 9 and some in the media have mentioned it well including Lavar Arrington explaining why Mario Williams will rebound in our 4-3 rather than dropping in coverage as an OLB in Rex’s 3-4 defense.

I’m all in, pressure the O and dictate to them.

That’s the idea. I’m sure we’ll mix it up though. That’s why VJ said pass rush and outside coverage is the key to playing good defense. That’s what this scheme is. Stop the run on the way to the QB and cover the perimeter while stacking the box.

Sweet, the U moves on.

I watched the video again of VJ on Finsiders and he said LB coach Matt Burke specializes in stopping the run and that’s what he’ll focus on with the LBs. Now I know people will say what about dropping in coverage? Well of course that’s part of it but you need to stop the run first or teams will continue to run it on you all day. The idea is to make the offense one dimensional and then have your front 4 get after the QB.

I really like Ragland at 13 but there are others I would like as well including Elliot. The wide 9 looks like a great idea for our D. It just looks ready to feast on the offense..

When you look at what we’ve done on defense in the offseason, it’s pretty significant. We could have 3 new starters on the DL – Williams, Phillips and Branch, 2 new starters at LB – Alonso and a rookie or Hewitt, 3 new starters in the secondary – Maxwell, AQ and another corner?

We have never seen this defense so there’s no way to know if it’s good enough. But it’s going to look quite different in personnel and scheme in 2016.

On offense, the only real changes will be at guard and at RB. Everything else is set. Our STs specialists will be the same too with the exception of someone maybe taking over more on KRs for Landry. I’d like him to remain the PR though.

Now add in a couple of rookies such as Ragland, who would start, but not sure a DE or CB we draft will. I’m all in on Lippett starting opening day, not sure he’s the long term answer, I’d like to think he is, but we haven’t seen enough yet.

Lippett is a raw CB prospect with a lot of upside. The physical ability is there, he needs more training as a CB though. He said on Finsiders he never really got much technique work at corner in college, they just put him out there because of his talent. So last year was the first time. He said his offseason goals are to get bigger and stronger and work on his footwork as a corner. He may very well end up being a diamond in the rough. Him and Maxwell outside contesting the perimeter passes while we use 4 in the box and one over the top just might just work.

Maxwell 6-1 207 and Lippett 6-3 200? would definitely be a change of the guard for us with size on the outside – the WRs in our division is a big reason for that. The smaller more quick twitch McCain likely trains as a slot corner. The same with Taylor, he could also train as a slot corner in nickel and dime.

I do think we’ll add a CB in the draft, just not sure when. Could be anywhere from 1-4. You could say that for DE, LB, OL and RB too.

Isn’t the draft fun? LOL

I’d like to see Taylor switched to Safety, he can’t play CB.

Is it possible they bring Wake back slow, like Tim seems to suggest? I don’t think Wake will have any of that, because that’s not who he is, and he’s in a contract yr. Mario played RDE at Houston, so I would expect him to back there, and leave Wake on the left side. The 3rd package replacing a DT with Branch could be interesting and fun.

I’m not the only one suggesting that, we don’t know the significance of his Achilles injury. But reports are out there that the team will be cautious with him and start limiting his snaps. If he’s good to go he’ll likely transform into a pass rush specialist at this stage of his career. Like we did with Trace Armstrong.

Even when Wake has been healthy the past couple years, he disappears and seems to get gassed or slows down…..interesting for a guy who’s, supposedly, such a workout freak. I think they need to use him as a situational player. His burst off the line is his strength. We’ll have to see if he still has it. If he doesn’t, I doubt he’ll be all that impactful. He’s not much of a run defender, so if he isn’t able to get to the QB, he’s JAG.

Grimes came back from that injury and did pretty well. It’s not like he’s a basketball player (Kobe) and makes his living jumping. I’m hearing the same things about Wake as I did with Grimes.

He’s played a lot of football now, he’s 34 and the calendar keeps ticking and it is what it is. He did have 7 sacks and 4 FF in 7 games last year. I see him as a Trace Armstrong/Kevin Greene type late in his career. 20-25 specific pass rush snaps. If he’s good to go he could be a factor in that role.

He really hasn’t played a lot of football, since he got a late start. I don’t know how much wear he got in Canada, but it couldn’t be as much as in the NFL.

steve
    CBs don’t need the type of explosion DEs need.

Grimes does though due to his lack of height. His jumping ability is the key to his game.

Yes, but it’s different. A CBs explosion is more on the move, while a DE is from a 3 pt stance. Not sure how this injury affects the 2 positions.

Playing softball, which is more like DE explosion, on defense I always got a jump as the ball was about to be hit, and when I had ankle issues it took away my explosion. Playing basketball, which is more like CB explosion, on defense or making a move on O there was no explosion. I didn’t see any difference in stand still explosion or on the move explosion.

Steve, Wake had 39 sacks in two seasons in the CFL. 16 and 23. I’m sure he played a lot.

He played HS and college ball, CFL and 7 years of NFL. That’s a lot of football at 34 years old.

And 2 yrs + less than what you’d expect from an NFL player that’s 34.

You can’t challenge aging though especially coming off an Achilles which is significant for 30+ year old’s. Natural aging has less blood flow and less healing. We don’t know the severity of Wake’s injury other than he had to sit out the rest of the season. Did he have a complete or slight rupture? Was it a 12-15 month injury or a 10-12 week injury?

Tim, they said he’s about ready to go now, ahead of schedule.

Armstrong was a great technician, and that’s how he was able to be successful late in his career. Wake is not a technician. He wins with his jump off the LOS and speed around the arc. IF he has lost that, he doesn’t have the multiple moves or technique to compensate. Again, big IF, but I just don’t think he’s a starter if he loses that burst. 20-25 snaps could be a good fit.
    ***
    And, on the Wide 9 defense, Dion Jordan would actually be a great fit because of his speed off the edge. Sure would be nice if he can come back and compete. I really like Williams, but he’s not really suited to a wide 9 scheme.

Someone post a link this morning of Mario in the wide 9, and it showed how well he does in it.

I’d like to see Wake as the situational pass rusher, because he isn’t good against the run, so that would help us against the run, and then he’d be fresher on 3rd down. when we really need him.

It’s different to jump up in the air as you’re running than exploding off the line from a set stance. I’m not saying Wake can’t overcome the injury. I’m just saying I gotta see it to believe it. Lol

Like I said early, I have a hard time believing Wake is just going to say ok I’ll be a situational pass rusher. He’s busted his ass to get back ready to play in 2016. A little evidence that backs up his not wanting to be a situational PR, is the fact that he didn’t agree to take a pay cut, and the team seemed to be fine with it.

Randy, I’m not really disagreeing with you on Wake, Grimes or what an Achilles injury means to either guy. Every athlete needs their Achilles but I acknowledge what it means for Wake’s explosion. I also think you downplay his technical skills as a pass rusher. The guy has multiple ways he gets to the QB. He’s shown both an outside or inner move to make the route shorter.

In 2014 Mario Williams had 14.5 sacks, 2 FF and 2 PD in the wide 9 scheme under Schwartz as DC in BUF. He’s tailor made for it. What made you say that he’s not a fit? The guy is an elite specimen. He even did well dropping in coverage in Rex’s scheme but that’s why his numbers were down.

I was just watching a Mario Williams sack video. One of the sacks he bull rushes Jonathan Martin and sacks RT. Martin looked like a bag of hot air.

Rocky Maivia Verified account 
    ‏@AJFrancis410
    If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 1000 times… There’s a special place in hell for people under 6 foot tall in the exit row.

I approve this message.

Sorry guys….I was thinking more Williams now, if he’s slowed down or lost a little step as some have suggested. If he is the same player, like I said, I like him. It’s kinda like Wake, if he’s healthy and still got his burst…then he can get you a dozen sacks. I like them both IF they still have it. I didn’t really explain myself well.

The Dawn Aponte Story

I didn’t realize she was the negotiator, I thought she just balanced the books by giving advice on what numbers will work for a particular contract.

She’s the reason why we’ve been able to spend lots of money in FA and still have cap space, if only the players signed and the coaches coaching them were as worthy…

I think wake was really only playing during obvious pass downs last year before he got injured. I doubt his role changes much. And I agree if wake has lost his explosiveness off the edge then I think he’ll become pretty ordinary.

With all the newer training and rehab methods and tools they have nowadays, guys have a better chance of coming back from injuries. Everything we’ve ever heard about Wake is that he takes really good care of himself so hopefully that pays off for him. Being a workout freak also puts wear and tear on your body though. It adds up by 34! Lol

That last sentence may be true, but a guy that’s in top shape can play at a high level longer, see Junior Seau.

Boulder,
    I agree. Shelby was getting a lot of snaps the past couple years. I remember a number of games where Wake was on the sideline late in games or in crucial situations, and we were all wondering why.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I have a feeling the team wants to see what wake has left in the tank and how his injury is holding up. He’s getting paid a lot of money this year and I bet they want 10 sacks from him to make it worth the money they’re paying him.

steve
    Yeah, I’ve kinda gotten to the “show me” point with this team. I can take a team that just isn’t very good but plays their asses off, but I’ve seen a few too many situations where I thought this team quit..or weren’t really giving everything they had regardless of the situation….completely leaderless. That shit just really pisses me off, and I am just not at a point where I’m giving anybody the benefit of the doubt. Now, get off my lawn! Lol

Anybody here doing binary options trading online?

• jetsssuck says:

I heard of it but I’m not into taking risks like this especially if the SEC issues warnings that this could be fraud easy. Best advise is stick$ in low risk stock/bond or tax free investment. I made 800 last year against wife in game we play every year and when I found out I won by 100 something dollars I was not happy because of the time I wasted for the year 20-30 hours a week times 52 compared to wife who spend 10-15 hours researching and sticking to tax free bond. I essentially worked a whole yr for pennies a hour. The joy of winning sucked.

Griff played QB in high school and was a teammate of Luck and Fleener at Stanford.

75. 81Howie says:

Sad to hear about the dude from the Ravens although I hadnt heard of him yet…
    It’s a shame when people die young and Football players are no exception.
    Remember we lost a young up and coming player many years back now in
    David Overstreet

‘I can take a team that just isn’t very good but plays their asses off, but I’ve seen a few too many situations where I thought this team quit..or weren’t really giving everything they had regardless of the situation….completely leaderless.’

randy,
    and why is that? is that cause of the coaching or the players? and not busting balls just really asking your opinion.

77. uwantwat says:

Rob… I know you asked Randy but we had the same situation over here with my Crows(AFL). It falls entirely on the coaching staff. We made staff changes and suddenly the players looked and played totally differently. I, for one love the changes when have done so far, plugged holes with solid players not over priced so called stars. This will allow us to attack the draft instead of trying to find fixes for the major holes. Finally, I see hope for our team.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Germain Ifedi, OT/OG, Texas A&M (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Dominique Alexander, ILB, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (A)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Daniel Lasco, RB, California (A)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Aziz Shittu, DE, Stanford (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Tanner McEvoy, TE/WR, Wisconsin (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)

It was a good match though!

Wyoming Cowboy WR ‏@WyoWrestle 12h12 hours ago
    Bryce Meredith falls to Dean Heil 3-2 in 141 title match. Great fight, Bryce! #gowyo #WrestleNYC
    58 retweets 129 likes
    Reply Retweet 58

That’s a good read Tim, but Alonso doesn’t matter, we still haven’t improved on D, because everyone says so, and there’s very little chance he could have any type of impact 😉

If we get the good Alonso which he has all intentions of being we have our MLB.

I guess we’ll see what our front office thinks during the draft. I can see where guys like Walker and Omar are coming from, because they don’t want to drink the koolaid and look like the homer beat writer (after what happened the last 10 yrs), but the national guys are different they’re saying both Maxwell and Alonso aren’t an upgrade and have more issues than answers.

I think most of the time these national reporters don’t even take the time to form their own opinion based on film study or watching guys play, they just use the local guys opinion. With other teams that might work, but not with the Fins this yr after all the hype last yr.

13: R1P13
    228: R7P6
    C AUSTIN BLYTHE
    IOWA
    232: R7P10
    QB CODY KESSLER
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Randy, I hear ya on Williams and Wake. That’s why I said I wasn’t really disagreeing with you on Wake. The Williams comment through me off a bit.

I agree with Tim and that article about the team bringing Wake back slowly. Another injury will probably finish him and it’s better to get 85% of Wake for limited plays than him get injured again and we get zero afterwards. I don’t think he will be back though. Wake wants to be like Ware on Denver and there’s no way we pay him market price after what’s happened so far this offseason.

He’s under contract so are you suggesting he’ll have to restructure or we’ll release him?

What do you mean, you don’t think he will be back, he’s signed through 2016?

Because of our lack of depth we play guys too many plays, and often not when they should be on the field. Take Wake for example, he shouldn’t be on the field on 1st downs during the first 3 qtrs. The run really isn’t a strength of his, so why burn him out?

If Jaylon Smith is there in the second do you draft him?

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (A)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Clayton Fejedelem, FS, Illinois (C+)

No way, we don’t have the luxury of doing something that risky.

I can’t see us drafting Jaylon Smith before the 4th rd if even then. Fans are worried about Alonso’s knee yet for some reason they play down Jaylon Smith’s knee injury which was much worse and happened more recently. I don’t think Smith will play this season at all.

Steve, national reporters tend to make comments based on limited knowledge of every team and like you said base their opinions off of other common opinions with limited knowledge of the situations with players and teams. When we traded for Maxwell and Alonso, all I did was read up on their situations from multiple sources to realize that the common opinions were lacking any real intel and they relied on the consensus of social media.

The local guys have an agenda (all teams), and the national guys copy opinions, yet we still take what they say into account far too often. GMs this time of yr put out all of the fake news to throw teams off (draft), beat reporters use this as fact, to go along with their agendas.

Smokescreens, opinions and agendas, that’s what this time of yr is all about.

Wake is a FA after this year. I think we should enjoy his last year here barring some big changes. He wants a ring. They all want rings just like Ware just got.

Oh I agree this will likely be his last year in Miami. He’ll be 35 next season.

You’re jumping the gun a little bit, especially since he’s coming off of an injury. What if he’s used in the Trace Armstrong role and has 10 sacks, then next yr just looks for a contract in the 5M-6M range? Which I think is about all he can ask for, based on what Williams signed for and he’s several yrs younger.

• New Age says:

I dont think I am. If he does well, a title contender could pay the $5-6 mill just as easy. Why come back to here at that point?

Familiarity, doesn’t want to uproot his family… What if we’re title contenders?

• New Age says:

That’s the big changes. We will have to hit the playoffs and actually win a game to get Wake to stay(if they even want to pay (considering his age).

When Belicheat doesn’t resign his rookies to 2nd contracts he’s a genius, when we do it the national media wants to know what’s going on in Miami (I don’t think they know what they’re doing).

One of the reasons they traded Chandler Jones was because they have no intentions of playing him OV money which is what he’ll seek next year. It’s amazing what some in the media think of OV now that he signed that big deal with the Giants as opposed to who he’s actually been.

• New Age says:

I think he’s obviously a bit overrated but he is definitely young. It’s ridiculous what the market is but Von set that market with his play in the SB.

I was going to use Jones as an example, so he was on my mind as the latest time the Cheats did this.

New Age, the difference is OV doesn’t take over games and wreck it. Von Miller does do that. So when comparing apples to apples, OV is an orange.

OV is a good young player, but he’s not elite. Do people forget he’s been on the same Dolphins defenses that have struggled the last few years against both the run and pass, and that’s with Suh here one year?

As for Wake, if the Phins once again miss the playoffs and have a sub par season, he definitely won’t be back in 2017 most likely by his own choice. If we take the next step this season and do make the playoffs, and he played well for us, then he may want to come back and finish what we started.

The Monster Jam World Finals was last night in Las Vegas (free style). What an unbelievable show, most trucks put it all on the line, as very few were able to drive off the course (had to be towed). One of the trucks went off the corner of a curve in the wall (most trucks do flips) and did a twist and flip and the truck ended up perpendicular to where it started from. Most amazing stunt I’ve seen with monster trucks.

This guy didn’t win though, it was the usual Grave Digger homers that won both this event and the racing the night before. Out of 32 trucks there were 4 Grave Diggers.

I agree completely but people need something. There’s only a few guys like Von so they have to hope our guy will get a lot better. Von and the rest of that defense showed what is possible(again). Everyone is just jumping on the bandwagon even with somewhat foolish decisions. Gotta spend the money somewhere right?

Belicheat will always get a pass because of his record. We really got a pass last year. I read at least one writer saying he would never believe Dolphins fools good again.

With that said, I think Gase is a promising step forward. I also think that Ross’s willingness to give his coaches a chance was probably a solid reason Gase came here. I don’t know how the Browns keep getting people willing to risk one year shots.

New Age, how did Von set the market, when he hasn’t signed a deal? He’s been franchised, but hasn’t signed it yet.

Here’s an example of people pretending to be NFL reporters when they don’t know what they’re talking about yet people run with it in social media.

This is about Alonso:
    “He did suffer one significant injury – an ACL he blew out while training during the 2014 offseason, which caused him to miss the entire regular season. he then tore (which is not the same as rupturing; a tear typically requires a much shorter period of rehab) the same ligament during a game last November, causing him to miss the final month of the season. It’s understandable that some would skeptical of such an acquisition.”

Here’s the problem with this, he didn’t re-injure the knee again in November, he did it in September and came back in November playing the final 9 games of the season, not missing the final month of the season. All this guy needed to do was go look at his game log. SMH

He missed weeks 3-7 last yr 2015, he didn’t get reinjured and miss the last month. What the heck are they talking about?

I guess, I should’ve finished reading.

Exactly and that site came up when I do periodical searches for Phins news. I type mia and Miami Dolphins new links come up and this article was one of them. So people read it and roll with misinformation then bash the organization for trading for an injured player when it’s totally not true. How did he have 8 and 9 tackles in the last two games Dec. 26th and Jan. 3rd if he missed the final month of the season? LOL

Vernon was fed, because of Suh. Once Wake got it going he got fed too (wasn’t doubled like yrs past). Vernon surely won’t get fed in NY, unless somehow JPP returns to form.

OV had 2.5 sacks against a bad Balt. team, otherwise his season wasn’t great by any stats they can throw out there.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I like to see JPP and OV on the same line. I bet the giants line will be good this year.

It will be but it doesn’t change the fact that they way overpaid for a DE in OV ($85M) and a run stopping NT in Damon Harrison ($45M). If we did that it would have been Dolphins overspend in FA again and that would be accurate.

Steve,

The Broncos were so dominant and Vonn was so good against the best offenses in the league. I really think their play and winning the SB added $10 million(over a 5 year deal)to the pass rusher market this year. Now, teams had a ridiculous amount of largess to use, but I think that if Carolina had dominated the Broncos, some of these deals would have been decently smaller(about 2 mill less a year). This is just the high end market.

I can see that happening, teams trying to copy what the current SB champs did, just like many teams want their players. What teams forget is you can’t just take a player like Suh and stick him on a D and instantly the D is great. What Denver did to maximize Von’s strength was they became a pressure D. Von had plenty of help, they blitzed a lot in key situations.

Steve/Tim,
    That was using CBSSports rankings, which are pretty accurate. It was one of those drafts where EVERYTHING, just fell right. Everyone I wanted was sitting there, as opposed to other drafts I’ve done where the guy I wanted is plucked a pick or two before, which is what usually happens.

I hear ya but I’d be shocked if your 2-4 picks were there like that. I’ll take it though. LOL

• Brian in NY says:

Yeah I was like “cool, he’s still on the board!”, for about 4 picks. I think Dodd has a shot of being there, but the next two are likely gone before we pick.

What I don’t like about these drafts is the ranking system rarely works, and one change makes things completely different. What it may do is show what’s possible, even if unlikely.

Steve,
    Monster Jam is coming back here the end of next month. I was going to bring my son, but we are leaving for vacation that day.

I’ve been to other shows in Reno at an indoor stadium, but with this being the finals they left it all out there. The one in Reno they just did a few jumps over cars and dirt hills, nothing like what I saw yesterday and Friday. The price in Reno was $25, this one was $46 and you had to buy a 2 day ticket. Online you could buy from sites like stub hub one day tickets, but they were charging the same $46 + all the BS fees. I bought tickets at the stadium at noon the day of the first event and got seats on the 50 yrd line, one section over from the judges. Parking was free, but a nightmare to get out.

• Brian in NY says:

Glad you had fun. Parking lots are always a nightmare getting out!

Last night we parked back farther, so we could use the back exit and got to the freeway in 25 minutes. The worst I’ve seen was at Jack Murphy Stadium SD, in 1984 Fins vs SD, it took 2 hrs to get out.

• Brian in NY says:

2 hours is the norm at MetLife. It’s absurd.

40 minutes without moving when there’s only 35K people there is really bad. Also there’s really no other traffic in the area, the stadium was UNLVs football stadium in Henderson about 10 miles southeast of the campus.

• Brian in NY says:

It’s infuriating

Von Miller’s off the corner rush was LT/DT level quickness though. He was getting to the QB in 2 seconds.

But it was a system thing, they put him in position to succeed, see Mario Williams getting Rexxed 😉

Well he’s a 3-4 pass rushing OLB who can also cover. It’s no different than having Lawrence Taylor or Derrick Thomas doing their thing. Von Miller is that good.

FYI, he also blew his knee in week 9 of 2013 and came back in 2014 with 14 sacks. So guys do come back from season ending knee injuries. 😉

That’s not what I heard Tim, guys like Alonso are done after knee surgery 😉

Steve, team draft boards are lateral not linear so looking at rankings 1-100 in order is also misleading but someone has to go first and so on. But that’s not how prospects are graded. Teams have prospects graded laterally at multiple positions to show them BPA.

Not
    But
    1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Maybe we’re going to start to see smaller, faster LBs as pass rush specialists. We should be using Reshad a little more off of the edge.

Suh will be the cog that makes this DL & DE’s go, which then sets up the rest of the defense to make plays.
    I liked that the very 1st words out of VJ’s mouth besides thank you for making me the DC, was that he wanted to find ways to keep the dbl & especially the triple teams off of Kong!
    He wouldn’t mention specifics, but some use of a Wide 9 will be one of the ways.

If Suh can get even a decent amount of penetration, to keep the QB’s from stepping up, or forcing the RB’s to bounce back & move laterally, then the DE’s & LB’s & S’s can make nice plays to create 3rd & long, and get us off the field sooner.

Then our offense will begin to flourish with better field position, more opportunities, and less playing catch up from behind 10+pts.

That’s how you win games and that’s what Suh was paid so richly for. Use him the right way!

Our offense can also help the defense by controlling possession longer and less 3 and outs with asinine play calls but I know you know that. 😉

That horizontal board uses a linear grading system within a lateral format, but I’ve seen versions with 1a, 1a, 1a, 1b, 1b, 1b, 1c, 1c, 1c, 1d. Based on how the draft goes down you have your BPAs all in a row.

Let’s say you’re not in play for a QB and you expect possibly 3 to go before you pick but they’re not off the board yet and positions you were targeting are going off the board, now you’re in panic mode and may reach for a position because you feel you have to have one. This board gives you a better visual of what’s happening rather than scrolling up and down trying to patch it together in the heat of the moment. It shows you that the gap between 1-10 isn’t quite 10 spots different in talent, it’s really just 4.

Does anyone think based on this report that Jack Conklin could be our pick at #13 and we move him inside at guard yet he still has the versatility to play tackle and provide overall depth?

“Conklin is powerful and quick-minded to read/react in a flash and dominate in tight spaces, but he doesn’t have the quick-twitch body control to consistently mirror in space. He’s not a top-shelf athlete and will struggle with edge speed at times, but no one is going through him due to his wide base and contact balance.”

Two CBS mocksters having us taking him.

I would be fine with Conklin at 13. Ideally you trade down a few spots for him but I would be fine taking him at 13.

That’s what I was thinking, trade down, especially for a guy you want to play guard, and since we’re talking about a guard, why not wait until the second rd?

I’m going based on he’s that much better a prospect than who will be there in the 2nd. Not saying that’s the case, just suggesting if that’s how we have him graded.

Yeah same here, if he starts at guard and can provide depth at tackle that’s a win win. This is a deep defensive draft, you can still get good prospects 2-4 on defense.

I’m just throwing another name into the mix at a position we could use. We could trade down a bit and maybe get him 3 or 4 spots later too.

I agree with Tim that Conklin won’t be there in round 2 and anyone we take in round 2 won’t be as good as Conklin.

I would be okay with trading down and then getting an OL in the first

Taking a RB and a cb in the 2nd

Then getting a LB

I think that might work well to give us young talent to build on

I think there s a ton of talented RBs in day 2 to pick from

Not a fan of a RB on day 1. I know a lot people have us going for Elliot but I don’t think that is the best use of our pick. Elliot is an excellent prospect but he is not Gurley.

I like Conklin. While I didn’t like moving down, there is some good talent available at 13 like always.

The issue I have with Alonso is that he’s a smaller guy that gets injured a lot like Misi(even more though). He not only had the ACL stuff in the NFL but a concussion last training camp, had a torn labrum at Buffalo, and an ACL tear in college. To really expect that this guy who has been injured a TON, and is on team 3 in 4 years will stay healthy just isnt realistic. It just isnt.

We’re going to find out. He played in every game in BUF though and had a fantastic season. He missed the 2014 season training in the offseason making a cut in a drill, it wasn’t a football injury with contact. But that’s often how it happens with athletes, nobody even touches them, it’s a torque injury. He also played the last 9 games last year so it’s not like he doesn’t have a string of games he plays in.

If he’s in and out of the lineup for us this year then he is a concern and we may not try to re-sign him next year. So he’s only on a one year last year of his rookie contract with us. It’s a play to get paid situation for Kiko.

From what I have read he was mediocre when he played last year. He wasn’t the same as when he was a rookie.

He played OLB last yr, not inside, out of position of sorts. People also base his stats as an indication of how he played, and you really can’t compare a 4-3 MLBs stats to those of an OLB. He wasn’t really healthy last yr.

I’m ok not drafting a guy like Ragland, and plan on Alonso being our MLB, then taking an MLB in the 2nd or 3rd, but no Scooby Doo (I saw enough of Scooby crashing this weekend Monster Jam 😛 ). I have no problem trading down and getting extra picks, as I think our problem is depth more than needing that star.

108. uwantwat says:

I suggested Conklin @13 just over a week ago. We need an OG and he is sitting where the top OGs are taken. Plus he has a mean streak. Sick of mummy boy OL I want “rip their bloody heads off types”. DE &DB can be taken in rounds 2&3.

Looking at some of the mocks that have gone on here, what if we did this.
    1. OL Jack Conklin – starting guard, backup tackle – possible future starting OT.
    2. CB William Jackson III – competes to start and STs.
    3. DE Bronson Kaufusi – depth, STs and some rotation play.
    4. LB Tyler Matakevich – depth, STs and some rotation play.
    5. RB Tyler Ervin – speed guy as a KR and a speed option at RB both as a rusher and receiver.

110. uwantwat says:

Ken…it often takes 2 seasons to get fully back from a knee and I believe he was played in the wrong scheme in Philly, just like super Mario was in Buff. Those 2 will be monsters for us this year.

I think Williams will be a good fit. I am more skeptical about Alonzo’s ability to stay healthy and to play at the level he once did.

Ken, it’s normal that Kiko wasn’t the same player last year. He was coming off the ACL injury, got traded, played in a different system, started the season off well in week one then had a set back week two or three spraining the the same knee that then took him out 5 weeks. He then played the last 9 games with his two best games at the end of the season with 8 and 9 tackles.

So where is he at now?

Even 8 and 9 tackles while okay for an MLB but it was not like he was dominating the game. We have nothing to lose to give him a shot but the question is did we really gain anything by trading for him?

That’s what we all want to know. But people are looking at him as trading for a player who was hurt at the end when he’s not that. As of now he’s ready to do anything anyone else can do. We’ll see.

112. uwantwat says:

Tim…Right, where he needs to be a Miami Dolphin. Enough said.

But wasn’t Alonso playing in a similar D to the Oregon one he was in? http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/08/28/understanding-chip-kellys-approach-to-defense/ This says he was so why did he flouder? 8 ans 9 tackles isn’t really that good for a LB. Some of our worst LBs have had more than that in games.

It showed he was active. LOL @ you guys nitpicking the tackles. It works out to be 136 tackles for the season if you average that out so…

And he wasn’t playing the middle in Phil, so that’s a lot of tackles at OLB, but projections rarely work out that way. My favorite is guys like Omar after the 2nd week of the season doing the projection stats of a guy that has 4 sacks or TDs after 2 games, so that projects out to 32 for the season.

In schemes like this, does it really matter who lines up where at LB? Find the 4-5 best LBs to play and hope for some depth to develop.

You also see Mario out wide on as the LDE here. This was when he did good under Schwartz.

No, not if you’re referring to the team, but individually it matters for stats (guy in the middle will get more tackles). If you take someone like Alonzo he should be able to play the same at any of these 3 spots, but when comparing how he did with his rookie season he’s not going to get lots of tackles playing where 53 or 56 are playing compared to 51.

Nice picture though Tim, it really gives a good view of how the wide 9 looks.

Thanks, in that pic I see Misi, Alonso and Jenkins, but I can also see Alonso, Misi and Hewitt, or Misi, Rookie and Alonso etc. Know what I mean? 🙂

Good article on the Big Conk! Dated March 8th.
    He’s done good against the likes of Buckner, Oakman, & tired out that Ohio St. Defense running the ball in the big 10 champ game this past Dec., blocking the likes of Adolphus Washington, & Josh Perry at the second level.

Brown’s making extra calls on RG3, they seem to actually be getting it. No QB is going to succeed there this yr, no sense in getting one that’s going to get beat down. RG3 will be running for his life, but he can. Makes sense to get a good player not at the QB spot with the 2nd pick, or even more to trade down and get depth, before you get great players that are just going to cost a fortune when it’s time the team starts coming around.

Let’s say we roll with Ajayi as our main RB when it’s all said and done. He’s likely to be a 14-15 carry back with 2-3 receps per game. Then we need a jolt of speed, maybe a rookie like Tyler Ervin with 5-6 rushes and 1-2 receps along with being the KR. Maybe Williams progresses or we find a vet in FA or another draft pick, or a UDFA to handle some tough grinding rushes – 4-5 times per game. Then RT at 3-4 and maybe a WR 1-2. We’re looking at a 25-30 type rushing team. I hope we focus on something like that other than 20 rush/45 pass.

…or we draft Zeke in the 1st to piss Ken off & Elliot becomes the next AP. Both are similar in size power, speed, & hands.

If we draft him, he must become a feature player on offense – 20+ touches PG. Grier did say we want to use the FA offseason to plug holes and not be forced to draft for need and pass on a potential franchise player. Is Elliot that?

I think it makes sense to draft a RB in round 2 like Collins or Booker

We don’t need the next AP
    But the next Leveon Bell would be nice

There is always good RBs in the 2nd round

I would love Elliot here. He dominated Bama two seasons ago. He dominated all year long and OSU’s only loss was the game he wasn’t used properly. He is elite and getting elite at #13 no matter the position, is a pretty damn good way of moving forward.

I would go with
    Hargreaves
    Lee
    Lawson
    Mckensie
    Conklin
    In that order!

Germain Ifedi, OT/OG, Texas A&M could be available in the second also!!!!!!!!

Yeah the 2nd rd could be an option for sure, just saying if we think there is a dropoff in talent before #42 on our board and we don’t want to take a chance.

I mentioned him
      I think he will be able to play OG in the pros too

ok i think i have watch collectively about 4 or 5 hours of march madness and i got to say the only thing more confusing then the officiating is asking a woman how she is doing and getting back ‘I’M FINE’

Defensive depth chart. *?
    DE Wake*, M. Williams, Branch, Fede, Moore, C. McCain, Laing, Warmsley, J. Williams, Jordan* 10
    DT Suh, Mitchell, Phillips, Coleman, Thomas II, Tuaau 6
    LB Alonso, Misi, Jenkins, Hewitt, Vigil, Hull, Johnson, Manning 8
    CB Maxwell, B. McCain, Lippett, Taylor, Chekwa, Patmon 6
    S Jones, Abdul-Quddus, Thomas, Aikens(CB), Gary 5

CB and LB are the biggest needs. Need to push the competition there. We have a lot of DE prospects and we will likely add one through the draft. Narrow it down to 7-8 at the end of camp and find your 4-5 for the season. We probably keep 9 DL with 4 DT and 4 DE with one who can hybrid. That might be Fede or Laing.

piggy,
    I could easily see us going oline round 1 then rb round 2. CB is the real need we have on defense for a starter.

That’s not wrong. It depends on what our vision is for the running game. Is it a 25+ rush offense or maybe not? Maybe if you have an elite RB you adjust to it and become a 30-35 rush team and pass 25-30 off of it.

That’s what I think is the best situation for Tannehill. I think he’d be better off under center and utilizing waggles, bootlegs and roll-outs half the time – a moving pocket, with about 15 drop backs on play-action or shotgun. The constant shotgun is annoying and one dimensional.

It all depends on the new coaching staff’s philosophy with what they have personnel wise.

Ezekiel Elliott can go anywhere from #4 to us at #13.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

agreed. The better the running the better for tanny. If elliot is there at 13 I think we have to think about it.

THOROUGHLY ENJOYED the Notre-Dame/Stephen F. Austin March Madness contest. Would have liked to see “the little guys” of SFA beat Goliath, but it was a stellar game, none the less as the Irish won by a point on a tip-in with 1.5 seconds left. – – This means the ACC has FIVE, count ’em, FIVE teams in the Sweet 16!!
    —————————————–
    FAU’s baseball team lost their leading hitter to a heel injury for an unknown length of time. He’s Conference USA’s leading hitter at .364. The Owls could have used him as they lost to Middle Tennessee 8-6 in the first game of their 3-game series. But FAU rebounded to crush “Middle” 7-2 and 12-1, thus winning their 8th straight series this season. They should easily maintain their Top 25 position in both the writers’ and coaches’ polls.
    ————————
    Tuesdau Night, FAU visits the number one ranked (in both polls) Florida Gators in Gainesville. –Last season, Florida edged FAU 2-1 in the regional finals to advance to the College World Series. –I wouldn’t be surprised if this game is also a one run affair. –Owls head coach John McCormack has returned to the team full time after having a large tumor removed from his neck. He’s lost 35 pounds from the radiation and chemotherapy treatments, which he has sandwiched around afternoon baseball practices during the season. And he’s now allowed to travel to away games. I’m sure his players will have a little extra motivation when they step on McKeithan Field in Gainesville Tuesday night. –A win over the heavily favored Gators likely would vault FAU into the Top 10 in at least one of the major polls.

I also think someone needs to work with Tannehill on Brady and Wilson dump off tactics. I swear those two get away with murder which frustrates the hell out of defenders. Those two are so bad that new competition rules are being pushed by Carolina(and probably others) to change the intentional grounding rule. If the ball cant be caught and you aren’t out of the box, it should be automatic. They probably wont change it which means Tannehill needs to pull that crap too.

I’d rather have Ragland than Conklin

BAM!

MIAMI DOLPHINS
    YOUR PICKS
    1: R1P13 ILB REGGIE RAGLAND ALABAMA
    2: R2P11 G VADAL ALEXANDER LSU
    3: R3P10 RB DEVONTAE BOOKER UTAH
    4: R4P9 TE NICK VANNETT OHIO STATE
    5: R5P8 CB JONATHAN JONES AUBURN
    6: R6P11 QB BRANDON DOUGHTY WESTERN KENTUCKY
    7: R7P6 G JOE THUNEY NC STATE
    8: R7P10 S TRAE ELSTON OLE MISS

CBS rankings on Fanspeak

Rock

You’re hired! REGGIE! REGGIE! REGGIE!

Richard Sherman has a point, they should let former players decide the rule on what is a catch, they’d probably be straight forward and to the point.

The NFL doesn’t want a clear definition of what a catch is, they want to be able to manipulate a game when they want to.

Well we are certainly not leaving any stones unturned!

Miami Dolphins
    Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
    Vadal Alexander, G/OT, LSU (COM)
    Jack Allen, C, Michigan State (SR)
    James Bradberry, CB, Samford (PRO)
    Beniquez Brown, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (PRO)
    Ryan Brown, DE, Mississippi State (PRI)
    DeForest Buckner, DE/3-4DE, Oregon (COM)
    Vernon Butler, DT/NT, Louisiana Tech (SR)
    Taveze Calhoun, CB, Mississippi State (PRO)
    Lloyd Carrington, CB, Arizona State (EW)
    Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (COM)
    Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State (WOR)
    Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson (COM)
    Spencer Drango, G/OT, Baylor (COM)
    Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford (COM)
    Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford (PRO)
    Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor (PRI)
    Ted Karras, G, Illinois (EW)
    Richard Leonard, CB, Florida International (WOR)
    Keith Lumpkin, OT, Rutgers (PRO)
    Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (PRO)
    Jake Rudock, QB, Michigan (WOR)
    Anthony Sarao, ILB, USC (EW)
    Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (EW)
    Noah Spence, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Eastern Kentucky (PRO)
    Chris Swain, FB, Navy (SR)
    Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss (STM)
    Joe Walker, ILB, Oregon (PRO)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#uCeZWfdketxV0Ghw.99

For some reason, I thought there used to be a limit on how many prospects a team could meet with. Is that no longer in effect?

I was just telling my son yesterday what I hate about college basketball, the erroneous offensive fouls they call.

Just got done watching Xavier lose to Wisconsin on a horrible flop offensive foul, with 5 seconds left and the game tied Xavier makes a shot to break the tie, but there it is the offensive foul, then Wis. wins on a buzzer beater.

I wanted Wis. to win.

There is a limit to how many you can bring to private workout at your facility. No limits on pro day interviews, private or otherwise, combine interviews private or otherwise, or senior bowl private or otherwise.

Also this isn’t even close to a full list I see a bunch of names I heard they meet with at combine not listed and some from senior bowl.

Goodnight guys, time to turn in.