The Wedge Scouting Report: Robert Nkemdiche, DL

I know what you Earthlings are thinking now:

Are you kidding me – this guy has a huge red flag and I can’t spell his name.

Well let me tell you something

–  DON’T JUDGE! –

You know once upon a time, I was a wild college kid too.

Wedge in College

Wedge in College

Ah….those were the days…

I used to get high all the time

Class….meh…whatever man…I’m gonna have one more beer and one more hit out of of my yoda bong…

Oh…look how nice it is out outside…I’m just going to sit near the windows and….uh…oh…

WedgeFalling

dude….

did I just fall out of the window…

I think I might have…

Well….anyway, when I hot the ground it turns out I fell on this exchange beetle from a nearby moon….crushed him.  Destroyed my first lifeform!

And that lead to an internship as a Intergalactic Agent.  Look at me now.

It worked our for me!

Nkemdiche3

I don’t care if Robert Nkemdiche fell out of a hotel window when he was drunk and high.

He is 21 years old.  Think about the stuff you did when you were 21!

Robert Nkemdiche is one of the most intriguing prospects of the NFL draft.

The Ole Miss Defensive Lineman is one of the most talented players coming into the NFL.

Nkemdiche6

But what is he?

Is he a defensive tackle?  Is he a defensive end?

Is he built for a 4-3 or a 3-4?

Well, this alien says – Nkemdiche will play and dominate wherever he lines up for you.

He’s explosive, disciplined and a solid tackler.

Guess who Nkemdiche compares too in the NFL – The Dolphins very own Ndamukong Suh!

Nko Way right?

Nkemdiche4

Well we saw the Dolphins use Suh on the edge a few times last year.  Could they draft a player like Nkemdiche and move Nkemdiche and Suh all over the DL throughout the game?

The Dolphins won;t be the only suitors for Nkemdiche.  Nkemdiche has a great combine.

Nkemdiche ran a 4.87 40 yards dash.  He ran he 15th best time of all DL.

He also had the 11th best bench press reps (tied) with 28 reps.  So he can probably bench a space shuttle.   But what really impressed me was Nkemidche’s vertical jump.  Nkemdiche showed how explosive his legs are with the 4th best vertical among DL at 35 inches.

Nkemdiche2

In his time at Ole Miss, Nkemdiche recorded 81 total tackles.

He also produced 6 sacked for the rebels.

Those might not be eye opening stats.  But that’s because he was asked to do the kind of work at Ole Miss that usually doesn’t produce big stats.

At times at Ole Miss seems unstoppable.

Charlie Campbell calls Nkemdiche “a rare athlete with a phenomenal combination of size, strength and speed.  He can bull rush straight through blockers, yet also has the speed and movement skills of a linebacker.”

Dane Bulger says about Nkemdiche “He can push the pocket with power and offers versatility to make an impact vs the run and penetrate the pocket to make plays in the backfield.”

Nkemdiche5

But what I say about Nkemdiche is that he is a weapon!

If Robert Nkemdiche was an alien weapon of destruction….

um…well…he would be my favorite college bong…

NkemdicheBong

You can watch his highlights here

Aside | This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

385 Responses to The Wedge Scouting Report: Robert Nkemdiche, DL

1. uwantwat says:

Can’t see him playing anything inside the 3 gap in the NFL consistently…maybe in certain sub packages.

4. uwantwat says:

Randy did you get my reply to you before we changed blogs re the sticker.

Piggy, it’s not just that drunken incident, it’s that a lot of scouts feel he didn’t live up to his ability. I also read some reports that during the combine he scared some teams off in interviews.

I heard the same
      People say he takes plays off
      but sometimes when guys are physically gifted this is the type of criticism thrown at them when they don’t have big statistical numbers

There is reason to be cautious about him

I am more concerned about taking plays off then falling out of a window
      I almost don’t even look at that incident at all

6. Al in MIA says:

Damn,
    I kept posting crap in the last blog until I realized that a new blog was posted up LOL

7. Al in MIA says:

I was catching up with some of the comments written over the last few days (in previous blog).
    Love many of the Soundgarden songs (Down on the upside !) Kim Thayil is a beast with his axe.
    Speaking of Audioslave, Tom Morello took to the stage and provided some guitar sounds for one of the acts at the Ultra electronic music festival that took place in Miami two weekends ago.

8. uwantwat says:

Goodnight folks…stay happy.

Hoping Arian Foster can stay healthy, then he’d be a decent pick up if the price is right….who wants to play? 😉

He needs to be viewed as a luxury if he can still play but we need depth behind him. He turns 30 in August but he has a lot of wear and tear on him. He doesn’t have the amount of touches as Forte but he’s been more banged up in his career.

He’ll likely drop to the tail end of the 1st….Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell ran unofficial forty times of 4.65 and 4.63 at his Pro Day.

11. Al in MIA says:

From the last blog (posted it after this one was created)…

Randy,
    “As I’ve said before, I’m fine with whatever they do in this draft. We have so many needs, and it’s an average draft. I’d say 3-5 really top end talent at best”
    “I never get too caught up in any one player, anyway. I’m leaning towards BPA with an eye towards DE/CB….and willing to trade back if the guy they want is gone at #13. Just my .02 worth.”

My thoughts exactly.
    Ramsey, Tunsil, Jack are the only elite Pro Bowl type / HOF traits type guys I see at this point.
    Maybe Goff as well but the QB position is such a crap shoot.
    Bosa i’m up in the air about. On film he wins with technique and power. How that works against NFL OT, who knows. He gives me that Vernon type feel; I’m not sold on him. He looks the part though and is definitely way more cockier than Vernon (seen a negative by some but guys who are great are generally cocky in some way because that’s how they motivate themselves in a stressful environment such as a NFL football game).
    I’d like to see Miami work the draft to pick up more 2nd-3rd RD picks; this team needs talent at too many positions.
    Perhaps they can move down just a little in RD 1 and take William Jackson III.

12. Al in MIA says:

Here’s a reminder to those who think Myles Jack doesn’t have any power (it’s all about leverage)
    He’s the LB on the bottom hash mark hitting back the OL at the 16 yd line of this play.

13. Al in MIA says:

Speaking of RB for Miami in this draft…
    This is one of the reasons why UCLA’s Paul Perkins is one of my fav back for Miami in this draft.
    His vision reminds me of Arian Foster’s vision:

14. jetsssuck says:

I like the approach the fins are taking concerning FA. Who wants to play this is your last chance in the NFL instead of I’ve got my money now lets see if I can stay healthy and not risking anything so I can get another big contract. The NFL has changed for the worse since the early 70’s pretty soon they will be wearing flags, as in flag football.

15. Al in MIA says:

In terms of RB, someone like Keith Marshall who has injury risk attached to him will be a steal for someone in the way Ajayi was for Miami last year.

16. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    LOL, that was just to show him jacking up a OL 😛

Yeah, I saw that. The Ol was lazily making an effort standing straight up. Gonna lose that leverage battle every time.

Now the Perkins clip was nice. The kid has some COD moves that breaks ankles, but he’s a tad slow for being undersized for me. But he could fit in a tandem situation like we have here with Ajayi as the lead.

I think Forte has a lot more miles left than Foster does. I think Foster runs differently than Forte, takes and gives and a lot more punishment. Forte is more elusive for a big back.

I always thought they were similar.

I watched Forte a lot the last few years, he never seems like a physical back to me. He doesn’t look to make contact, he looks to avoid it. Foster to me was more of like an Alfred Morris type, he likes to run into people.

Fair enough, I never really compared their style other than they can both rush, catch and block.

18. jetsssuck says:

I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and he thought of a idea that seems bad but could work out for fins concerning cap space and addressing concerns about OL. He said the fins could trade this years first for some teams next years first and pick up additional 2 this year and 4th and possibly 4 th next yr plus get player. In addition to cap savings we still could get best OG in second. Our new coach could gamble like this because he is in first year and this will help with salary cap plus we would be loaded with draft picks next year along compensation for lost players this yr like OV and rb.

Meh, depends on who the trade is with. #13 isn’t too bad as spot. There will be some talent there this year.

Al, the one thing Bosa has over OV is he has prototype DE size. OV is a little on the short side.

Foster is coming off an Oct. achilles tear like Wake. Will be interesting to see where the progress is at for them both. Foster has been jogging since Jan.

You know what, on further review, I think you’re right about Foster. He is pretty darn similar to Forte.

He is the more physical of the 2 backs, but he’s also pretty elusive, and not really as much of a grinder as I thought he was. Just watched a few videos.

LOL @ Piggy on the bong, I must of scrolled past it.

🐙👽🚀

Go Saturn State!!!

25. jetsssuck says:

10 percent discount year round instead of just veteran holidays

Piggy, yeah if Hargreaves gets past Philly @ #8 & Bucs @ #9 (he played HS ball in Tampa area), than I think Miami has a real shot at this talented CB that could be a 10yr+ type starter.

• Al in MIA says:

To me he and William Jackson III are very similar. I wouldn’t mind either. I have a preference for WJ3 but that’s just me. It’s a crap shoot 🙂

• Al in MIA says:

I know this is serious stuff but LOL at some of the comments:

Tony S. 47 seconds ago

Obama was not affected since he was on the golf course.

27. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Speaking of WJ3, I saw that Houston LB Elandon Roberts raised eyebrows at UH pro day last week.
    I was looking at his highlights and was like, wow, type of guy we need around here (great closing speed). The stats are there too
    “Roberts led the Cougars with 142 tackles (88 solo) to go with six sacks and one interception.” – Houston Chronicle

Good call. I’ve been looking at him in the past, wanted to wait till his Pro Day since he got snubbed from the Combine. He’s a possible Zach Thomas @ 5’11 235, but faster, ran in the 4.49 to 4.53 range, which is faster than most RB’s. His official time was 4.60. He had a 36″ vertical, a 10′ broad jump & bench pressed 25x.
      Oh, btw Mike Vrabel is his coach.

Those stats you mentioned above went with a Sweet 19tkls for loss!

This is what I’ve been harping on @ ILB.
      Instead of Ragland @ #13, since we got Alonso inside for now, you can get a kid like Roberts later & groom him, he could even get some duty outside as well, and imagine his pop on ST’s.

Love that burst on the delayed blitz @ 1:15, and also that burst into the backfield on the next highlight. You can’t teach that. It’s a quick twitch gift.

LOL @ Al

Those types of articles always have funny comments.

A reply to one of Miko’s tweets was some guy saying you look like a piece of toast with eyes and a mouth and fake tits. That is all.

30. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    I saw you posting some stuff on BYU’s Pro Day from last week (maybe it was Wyo? who knows) but WR Mitch Matthews turned some heads with his numbers. Perhaps he can be a McCaffery / Eric Decker type big WR to be taken late or as a UDFA. Maybe he can gain 20 lbs while developing as a TE project. He is best remembered for catching the game winning hail mary pass vs Nebraska lol.

From WalterFootball:
    “Receiver Mitch Mathews turned heads with a tremendous workout.

He measured 6054, 222 pounds, had an arm length of 32 7/8 inches and a hand which measured 10.5 inches. Mitchell completed 12 reps on the bench, touched 38 inches in the vertical jump and 10-9 in the broad. Considered a 4.6 40 guy, Mitchell shocked scouts by running times in the low (4.41) to mid (4.45). His 3-cone time was 6.96 and short shuttle timed 4.21. He caught the ball well and ran good routes, the latter which had been a game-day issue.”

31. Al in MIA says:

getterdone says:
    March 28, 2016 at 3:24 pm

——-
    Like a heat sinking missle.

• Al in MIA says:

heat seeking! blah autocorrect

Yeah, he lurks low with his size, he makes a quick decision when he sees a sliver of daylight, then BAM, like shot out of a cannon, he’s there in the middle of the play.

Could make a good living behind the behemoths of Suh & Phillips.
        QB’s & RB’s be like, DAMN, OUCH, where did he come from? lol

• Al in MIA says:

That play where he slams Keenan Reynolds to the ground on the quick sack; you can see Reynolds chuck the ball in disgust cause he thought he was going to evade him somehow LOL.

NFC West teams not named Seattle will be targeting that boy….lol

32. Al in MIA says:

Everyone went quiet lol

Patriots taking a very long look at Reynolds
    The Patriots are investing plenty of draft resources in Navy QB Keenan Reynolds, according to Mike Reiss of ESPN.
    “It reminded me a little bit of how the team approached the 2009 scouting of Kent State quarterback/receiver Julian Edelman,” Reiss said. Bill Belichick met with Reynolds in February, tight ends coach Brian Daboll installed part of the offense with the running back projection and special teams coach Ray Ventrone “followed up” after that. The Patriots have a handful of sixth round selections, so look for one to be used on Reynolds.
    __________________________________
    Ok Al, further reason why we go & get Elandon Roberts in the 5th or 6th rd before their comp picks kick in 😆

CBS has Elandon Roberts listed at the 330rd best prospect and a potential UDFA

So he could be a steal late in day 3 for some one

The post above about WR Mitch Matthews, I saw him play this yr and he passes the eye test. I think it was against Utah in the LV Bowl, coincidentally.

I’m ok with signing Foster on the cheap, as long as they feel he can play at least 8 games. I’d rather have a guy who can be great for half the season, instead of a guy that is just average for the entire season. Not sure, if Foster will ever be great again, but he’s worth looking into. Since we’re going to draft an RB no matter what happens in FA/trade…

I don’t understand why they haven’t brought in Ronnie Hillman. He sucked in the playoffs, but we pretty good all yr. If one of our backs is Damien we need 4, so to me he’s really a wasted roster spot.

Any time a new regime comes in there is no loyalty to players here before them unless they’re core players so most of the guys on this team are on a prove it basis. Williams doesn’t have anything locked up.

I really hate headlines like this. “Miami Dolphins’ offseason mystifies more than inspires”. Maybe it does to you Greg, but some of us see what’s happening here. You have no clue what a new regime will do or accomplish because there’s nothing to go by. But you keep being mystified. You know who mystified me, Lazor. LOL

Oh and did I MENTION that GDP is an ass? 😉

As was expressed to me, defensive line coaches from the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals ran the defensive line workout and tried to break Robert Nkemdiche, but could not. Everyone in attendance was very impressed with his position drills with some calling it a “special workout.”

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#1hIkR7uhSVPEgDl2.99

He has all the talent to be a dominant player. Questions are where his head is at off the field and does that affect his on field performances at times?

I love that every nobody LBer after the 3rd round is the next Zach Thomas and that we should draft them. Every lanky tweener DE is the next Jason Taylor.

What round do you think ZT came from. His talent & size were really questioned. Then he got busy playing football in his 1st training camp….I think you know the rest.

I’m not buying it. I don’t think it’s a great LB class after a few prospects. That’s why I’ve been pushing away from it.

I prefer the prototype DE types over the tweeners in this draft. We already have three of them potentially in Dion FF, McCain and Moore. Branch 6-5 265 has established himself as a DE only and has been productive as a rotation player. Fede also has prototype 4-3 DE size at 6-4 280, but he didn’t make that jump in his 2nd year last season. He could be on the bubble at the end of the day. This regime didn’t draft him.

DE Wake, M. Williams, Branch, Fede, Moore, C. McCain, Laing, Warmsley, J. Williams, Jordan
      DT Suh, Mitchell, Phillips, Coleman, Thomas II, Tuaau

LB Alonso, Misi, Jenkins, Hewitt, Vigil, Hull, Johnson, Manning

CB Maxwell, B. McCain, Lippett, Taylor, Chekwa, Patmon
      S Jones, Abdul-Quddus, Thomas, Aikens(CB), Gary

So where do we draft at #13?

YA got to go BPA @ #13, but BPA from CB, OT, DE, LB….IMO. (lots of fun in initials) lol

jetsssuck says:

March 28, 2016 at 11:58 am

——————————————–
    The animated version is pretty funny too. My eyes are still in tears, and my stomach hurts 😛

Someone summons me? lol

Wyo, actually I thank you for your contribution the the blog. You make the blog better, and I do like seeing the fringe players mentioned. For some/many, it will be their only fleeting chance at discovery.
      Imagine the work the real scouts & personnel Dept’s must pour over. Least we have some fun with it. Keep up the good work man!

I’m just saying the comparison to HOF type players gets tossed out really easily and it cracks me up.

Next week I’m going to be comparing a 7th round safety to Ronnie Lott

So there’s that to look forward too

SO the Sun Life Company’s naming rights deal with Ross was, shall we say, a little less-than-successful now that Sun Life no longer exists?? Well, the house with no name SHOULD have a name. And that name belongs to the winningest coach in NFL history, the legend, himself, DON SHULA!! But since “Don Shula Stadium” makes so much sense, it is therefore highly unlikely that it will happen. Steve Ross the ring leader of “THE DOOFUS BRIGADE,” has yet to make a right decision on a REALLY important issue. And the Home of the Dolphins is a really important issue. –Shula isn’t getting any younger. Some day, the inevitable will happen. People will sing his praises through their tears of sadness. And many of us will wonder why Steve Ross didn’t do the right thing when Shula was STILL ALIVE to appreciate it. But, then, the words “Steve Ross” and “do the right thing” are infrequently used in the same sentence.

GD, agreed on BPA at multiple positions, mainly defense and OL,

I’ve thought about this too. We’re invested to win now, not a 3 year deal here. I think it’s a 2 year window or Ross goes bonkers and says what does it take? LOL

That said. I would not be shocked if we did something like this:
    Trade our 1st and 2nd this year along with our 2nd and 3rd next year to move up to #3 to get Jalen Ramsey. We’re expecting a 3rd, 4th and 7th in comp picks next year which can be traded in 2017 (new rule). So we still draft 1st and 3 thru 7 this year, get a special prospect, then next year still have a 1st and 3 thru 7 with two 4s and 7s.

Something like this. I wouldn’t put it past Tannenbaum. LOL

I reiterate Ross said I don’t think you’re rebuilding with a 5th year QB. The investments in Suh, Tannehill, Albert, Pouncey, Wake, Maxwell, Jones, Cameron and Williams scream win now. Before the WRs need to get paid in the next few years.

Just saying. Why are those comp picks so important? 😉

I think it’s a good LB class
    Better than most years

But the Jaylon Smith injury really damaged it

Every year there are good players in the 2nd, 3rd or later

I would probably be a lot happier if we drafted denzel Perryman last year
    I think we missed an opportunity for a good LB

I don’t think we have that this year
    Myles Jack is amazing
    But he is going to be a top 5 pick so
    😦

Piggy, has Jack run yet? He’s done stationary drills and excelled as an athlete but can he cut and run? Smith is right out for us. How do guys who can’t play help us?

Well smith injury damaged the depth of the draft is my point
      Not that he can help us or anyone

Who cares what Jack does as pro day or the combine
      People can watch game tape
      The guy can play

If it was a healthy Smith
      The dynamic of the draft would be totally different
      We would be saying it’s a gray year for LBs with just that 1 extra player

But now it’s sort of…meh

Tim, stop puffin on herb after 10pm please….lol
    A big hell NO to trading this year’s 1st & 2nd along with 2017’s 2md & 3rd for one freakin guy…SMH
    Win now or never…those deals stink!
    What has the Redskins won with that big trade ofr RG3, or even the Falcon’s with that big trade for Julio Jones….yeah, he’s great but the rest of the team had holes that Mike Smith (whom you really liked) couldn’t overcome!

Ditka for Ricky Williams, wedding dress and all….LOL. Saints finally won a title much later with sensible running of a franchise.

NOW, Jimmy Johnson won a few titles in Dallas by doing the OPPOSITE of what you’re suggesting in dumping star Herschel Walker for a ton of picks.

I’m sorry Jalen Ramsey isn’t all that, nor is anyone else! Hell, we’re still waiting for Suh to completely take over games…..I rest my case. 😀

51. uwantwat says:

GD…I agree, stop giving our picks away. Time to a complete turnaround on our MO. I like the way we are operating this year.

52. jetsssuck says:

damn what the hell is happening in south florida. A shootout on palmetto express highway 826. 37 th avenue during rushhour. Miami Gardens is where it all started.

Mornin everyone!

I can’t stop thinking of kimchi slaw when I hear Nkemdiche

I think we need to stay the course, keep and use all our picks. Just because we think we’re in win now mode doesn’t mean we’re going to win now, and giving up picks to trade up is selling the future. I think we’ve proceeded correctly so far, just draft well with every pick, and build this team right.

Agreed. Keeping those picks may allow you to land a guy that turns into a star, that can help now….or even a guy that can be traded later for a bigger haul if need be, or a guy that can fill an injured vet ahead of him on the depth chart.

Besides, you always run the risk of getting another Dion FF & have to burn his jersey! 😉

All I did was try to throw something else out there other than the same names, drafts and trade down scenarios. Don’t be so close minded. LOL

puff puff pass….. 😉
      It was late and I was just bustin some balls….but I sure hope that doesn’t really happen unless Ramsey is really Superman under that jersey.

One thing that concerns me about William Jackson III is his relatively slow 20 YD shuttle. That shows quickness and burst, and at 4.32, that’s near the bottom. Hargreaves, on the other hand, while slower in the 40 YD dash (4.50 compared to 4.37 for Jackson III), ran the short shuttle in 3.98, which to me is more important. It’s getting beat in those first few steps, which is where it’s going to happen more times than not, not 40 yards downfield.

What did you say? I couldn’t hear or see it, my mind, ears and eyes were all closed! lol

jetsssuck says:
    March 29, 2016 at 6:08 am

I can’t say for certain on this incident. But violent crime will continue to increase, especially in areas where uncontrolled, unchecked, & unvetted masses of border jumpers of young men are landing. That and the popularized thug street gang mentalities that is becoming so pervasive as answers to our desperate societal woes as the lack of God, good jobs, stable prices & the economic divides continue to widen.
    I might add that this is helped along also by the same failed policies & massive corruption at the highest levels on an ongoing failed drug war!

Stay alert & safe my friend.

Just for a frame of reference, Ragland (The three toed sloth) ran a 4.28 in the 20 YD shuttle. lol

I don’t trust Mr. T to make that big splash right any more than I trusted Ireland. Bad track records

Mike E,
    I was reading where Hargreaves is considered a better pure Corner than Ramsey. Ramsey has the better skill set & size to also play Safety, but we aren’t getting him sans Tim’s Ditka style wedding dress trade. So give me Hargreaves opposite Maxwell & let’s ball.

If he (VH III) makes it to #13, I do think it’s very likely that he’s our pick.

Wow way to not take the entire scenario into account. It was nothing like the RW trade.

Gee let’s just do another Fanspeak draft because they’re so accurate. LOL

LOL, c’mon, the wedding dress was hilarious…well, unless you were a Aint’s fan back then.
        Hey Fanspeak drafts are more accurate than that scenario, well except for the First-Pick ones where Piggy & D gain ten 2nd round picks & seven 3rd round picks in trade downs with half the league’s 32 teams. 😀

Yes, Sanchez, although to be fair, the Jets virtually gave up nothing to move up, it was a bizarre trade.

I remember watching that particular draft with my friend Tony, who’s a Jets fan, and when the move was happening, he was saying “Oh no, oh noooo, I hope we’re not moving up to get Sanchez!”.

In hindsight the rest of the team was on the right track anyways, they got to 2 AFC championship games by defense & a solid running game.
        It’s why I’m liking the build up in those areas so far. Losing Millertime hurts, but was understandable due to price. They tried to keep him. But now we keep looking to add to the RB corp. So we could be ok there as well.

It was one deal. You can’t keep going back to one trade as a knock on all things moving forward 8 years later.

I haven’t done one draft this year, so there! lol

Sure you can. If Ireland was still here, would you trust him to move him up? I know I wouldn’t, fair or not.

Not sure if Mr. T was with the Jets in ’07, but the move up to get Revis was a winner.

Tim’s not replying to me now. I musta got his tights in a bunch. 😉 lol

I replied to you twice.

Yeah Fanspeak drafts with 14 2nd rd picks 5 3rds and 7 4ths are real accurate. LOL

GDP

I think Revis got NE a SB. if you can say that any one player got a team a SB

It’s not that we’ve done great by not trading picks away, we just lost a couple of young players, and replaced them with old players. We need a few young players to keep the balance, and also to help us win in the future too. That’s team building.

My trade scenario still had us with a 1st, two 3rds and 4 thru 7 the next two years. I didn’t deplete our draft at all but it got looked at that way.

I can’t help it, I like having a lot of picks, it had nothing to do with who you were trading for or why. If anything, I’d rather have more picks than less, it’s just the way I feel. Doesn’t make it right though, just how I feel.

Ramsey moved to boundary cornerback as a junior in 2015 and although he didn’t record an interception, Ramsey led the Seminoles in passes defended (10) for the second straight season.

I dunno, is he the next Richard Sherman? Ed Reed? Jake Scott? What will he be on the NFL stage?

I didn’t like the NFL.com Combine comparison to our beloved Sean Smith. 😯

He’s way better than Sean Smith. LOL

I think he could play CB, S and play in a nickel LB role at times. He made a lot of plays right up at the LOS.

March 29, 2016 at 10:00 am
    GDP

I think Revis got NE a SB. if you can say that any one player got a team a SB

Brady & Belicheat might have had sumtin to do with that too…..just sayin.

Mike, everyone craves draft picks during draft time. Then after the draft everyone bashes half of them. LOL

Tim, your trade wasn’t horrible. I know you was throwing stuff out there. I do as well from time to time. It’s all good, I still think you have a very good football mind that I respect dood!

If I did a trade like that, I’d kinda lean to also gaining a vet player in the mix, maybe one with a bloated contract from a team going nowhere soon/rebuilding. Those are even harder to pull off…..which leads me to really being ok with the trade we did this year with Philly.
    it was sensible in many ways!

Tbomb, like Gase is young too. Maybe he’s becoming more savvy, smart, & comfortable that it isn’t always about the big splash. That was last year with Suh….no this year is the ripples of building solid ground under that huge ceiling.

Go phins!

It’s all good, man. I was just trying to mix it up instead of mentioning the same 4-5 names that keep getting recycled. I also took the projected comp picks into account and looked at another scenario. I don’t think it’s going to happen anyway but I wouldn’t be shocked either.

Hey, that’s good outside the box thinking. I applaud that even if it doesn’t happen. That’s what we want out of our FO guys & our coaching. Cover & be prepared for all angles.

When you have 30 armchair GM’s posting comments on this blog, it’s not unusual for all of us to not like the real GM’s picks. 🙂

Tim, yeah Ramsey looks to be a better athlete than Sean Smith, agreed.
    But what scares me with putting so much into a draft pick trade is will that translate to the NFL once the kid has a pocket full of money? Then there’s also the unfortunate injury thingy that happened.

I rather try to build steadily in every area of the team I can. Hope you have a decent franchise type QB to make it all go, and great coaching/schemes/play calling. To me that is the ultimate difference maker that can put a team over the top, or at least get them in contention, where anything can happen.

How would you feel if Mr. T traded up to get Carson Wentz?

I’d shove FFR’s tent up Tbomb’s ass sideways!

I think it would be a waste of where we are. What is that saying to Tannehill and the rest of the team?

We resigned Moore for backup, so I’d keep looking to develop a hopeful future surprise with a late pick or UDFA like Jeff Driskel, etc.

I think if we were doing that Tim, we’d probably trade Tannehill. I have to say, if they feel like Tannehill isn’t the guy, and Carson Wentz is, and they can trade Tanny and make the move, it’s the right move to make. Not saying I agree that’s the case, but if that’s how Gase and TBomb feel, it’s the right move.

What about Thomas and Dysert?

GDP

You found FFR’s tent? lol

Mike E, Tannehill was given his extension with Tannenbaum in control so I don’t think that scenario is realistic. I also think RT’s perceived struggles last year are extremely exaggerated. I’m not worried about Tannehill at all.

If someone put his numbers in front of you without you knowing who it was you’d take him a heartbeat if you needed a QB.

Tim, Dysert & Thomas are on Gase & Christensen. If they see a kid like Driskel that they think can surpass them, then that’s what camp battles are for.
    Personally, I don’t see much in Logan Thomas. Dysert might take to the new coaching tutelage tho.

GD, I don’t remember seeing Logan Thomas. I remember Josh Freeman and that other dude. LOL

Ahh, ya might be right….it’s a blur now. Maybe it was when Logan was with the Cards is when I saw him suck….lol

Just like you, just throwing out a different scenario. You know I like Tanny, but I do think if both Gase and Mr. T. believed that Tannehill isn’t it, and do keep in mind, that extension really just hurts us through this year, and then Tannehill was expendable contract wise, that they should make the move they feel benefits the team for now, and for long term.

I don’t think it adds up.

A kid from North Dakota St? It just doesn’t make sense at this time.
      Tim has a point about being built for a run in the next 1-2 yrs with the Suh deal etc.
      The QB’s in this draft are not going to be anymore ready than Andrew Luck was…IMO.

Someone will mention the fluke of Russell Wilson, but do we have that running game with a Beast Mode RB & a shutdown defense that holds teams under 19pts a game? I don’t think so.

82. jetsssuck says:

Here’s a good article about what’s wrong with healthcare in US and a petition that needs your help so the presidential politicians will address it and the problems.

GDP

I always like to remind folks who are so high on Logan Thomas that the Arizona Cardinals skipped over him and went with their 4th string QB in the playoffs against the Panthers. Don’t get all giddy about him just because he’s the same size as Mac Notwen. lol

Not sure I ever indicated giddiness for Logan Thomas….but ok, I surely won’t.
      I do like the skill set of Driskel. He’s big, strong arm & with speed like Tanny. So whatever Gase is going to do with Tanny, ‘could’ get accomplished with Jeff Driskel.

GDP

If you trade Tannehill and draft a QB, you’re no longer stuck in a window cap wise, because you have a QB on the cheap for the next 4-5 years. Prof. Lou LOVES Wentz.

I wasn’t talking Cap. Suh will be past his prime by the time the kid is in full command of the NFL, if ever.
      So Pontificator Lou loves Wentz and we should too? 🙄

I don’t love Tanny

but that sort of feels like starting all over to me

you probably would not trade Tanny and then draft Wentz

you would draft Wentz and then put Tanny on the market
      and probably would not see the benefit of that until 2017

it can work
      but its almost like throwing away 2016

Ross wouldn’t approve that. He already said at the owner’s meetings that he doesn’t believe we’re rebuilding with a 5th year QB. That’s it in a nutshell. He wants to start winning now and that’s what Tannenbaum was hired to do.

That might just be hyperbole
        We will see

I think the current FO thinks Tannehill is their guy
        so I don’t see a change

but I don’t think any player is immune to changes if the powers that be thinks it will make us a better team

Houston CB William Jackson is visiting the Dolphins on Tuesday, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.

Hmmm,
    Ohio State LB Darron Lee continues to add weight, tipping the scales around 236 to 238 pounds.
    Lee arrived at the NFL Combine at 232 pounds. The linebacker-safety hybrid will likely transition to a pure linebacker role in the NFL, and his weight is increasing accordingly. Many teams continue with the traditional mindset that players have to fit specific weight parameters at positions, and Lee might be attempting to appeal to the entire NFL. The former quarterback and safety projects like a top 20 pick in the NFL.

Piggy, if you saw the way Ross said it there was nothing exaggerated about it. It also makes sense with where we are. Our situation isn’t mysterious. We’re constructed to start winning now.

I hear Lee runs a 4.90 40 with the additional 6 lbs. lol

March 29, 2016 at 11:56 am
    I always keep going back to corner this year with our 1st rd pick.

Need something opposite Maxwell that will be ready on short order.
    1st- Hargreaves or Lawson/Dodd
    2nd- Ogbah or Jackson/Burns

This is what Vance Joseph is pushing for DE’s that attack & securing the boundary.

90. Al in MIA says:

Interesting who is on this list…

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 15m15 minutes ago
    .@PFF_John breaks down 5 high-risk, high-reward prospects in this year’s draft class.

“4. Vernon Hargreaves III, CB. University of Florida

Hargreaves’ playmaking ability is unquestioned, but his regression as a junior is a concern. After recording the second-highest coverage grade in 2014, VHIII fell to 71st last season. The big plays remained (four interceptions and four pass deflections), but Hargreaves appeared to abandon his responsibility on occasion in favor of personal statistics. He gave up 380 yards on just 24 receptions, jumping routes underneath in both man and zone coverage. Hargreaves was beat with authority on a number of double moves as a junior and busted a handful of deep third coverages. The size criticism is, in many ways, the least of his concerns. Although he doesn’t always display physicality in press coverage, and when shedding blocks in the screen game, Hargreaves is capable of challenging receivers at the catch point despite his short stature.”

42 and 73 are really valuable picks
      I hope they most the most of these 2 picks

I really am starting to dislike comp picks
      we pick 73 in the 3rd round
      2 rounds late in the 5th round – we are 147
      that’s a big gap

91. Al in MIA says:

At this point, everything on Defense is in play regarding Miami’s selection in RD 1.
    It sure favors CB or DL as BPA at this point at #13.
    I wouldn’t mind seeing the Fins take another DT (sounds like a luxury pick but one cannot underestimate the impact an interior DL makes for everyone on the team).
    With Suh, Miami has a chance to bring back a dominating DT duo like Daryl Gardner & Tim Bowens if they take someone like Andrew Billings.

92. Al in MIA says:

From Rotoworld.com newswire:
    Jackson is definitely in play at No. 13 overall, especially with the strong possibility that Jalen Ramsey and Vernon Hargreaves are off the board. ESPN’s Louis Riddick has called Jackson the best cover corner in the class, and we wouldn’t be surprised if teams rank him accordingly as the No. 2 or 3 defensive back. He is in the same tier as Clemson’s Mackensie Alexander. Mar 29 – 9:13 AM
    Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

—-
    On a sadder note, Aaron Wilson’s wife died in her sleep last night :/.
    You might have remembered him covering the Ravens in previous years; he always had inside info get to him often.

Al, I think Jonathan Bullard in the 2nd rd could give us a guy who plays DE and DT.

94. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    You need context with the combine/pro day drill numbers.
    What scouts typically get from it is potential or ceilings but moreso than that they want to see if a player exceeds or underpforms on the field against the numbers they are putting up at workouts.
    Former Fins FS Chris Clemons for example ran a 4.41 sec 40 yard dash time at his combine but he clearly did not play with that kind of speed which was a red flag for anyone.

95. Al in MIA says:

getterdone says:
    March 29, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Least we not forget last year’s rookie Jordan Phillips…the manchild!
    ———
    I like Phillips but he doesn’t have Andrew Billings drive in him.
    He could develop into something much bigger of course and that would help discard Suh and his salary at earliest convenience (after 2017).

But why sign Suh to all that money @ 28yo, only to plan to part ways in a couple years & spend a Top 13 1st rd pick on another DT?
      We have other holes. I don’t see the luxury there.

• Al in MIA says:

We signed Suh at his price for the same reason Giants signed OV at their price. Desperation. That’s too expensive in the long run for 1 position. Suh gives the Fins time at the moment but eventually they can’t pay him that kind of money and expect to fix all other problems. The way the salary is structured and the way most NFL contracts are structured are about 3 year windows (with team flex to cut after that if plans change).

96. Al in MIA says:

Speaking of shuttle times and 3 cone times LOL….
    Nick Vigil (Zach Vigil’s younger brother) ran a 4.00 sec shuttle time and a 6.73 sec 3-cone time at the NFL combine last month (Best in both categories of any LB there).

97. Al in MIA says:

Nevada is having their Pro Day today…
    I’m looking to see what Ian Seau (edge DE/OLB) brings to the table. On film this guy reminds me of Freeney with his explosive 1st step against OT. (not as fast as fFeeney but good off the line with his rush)

Western Kentucky
    The testing at Western Kentucky is done, and Prince Charles Iworah has been the star of the show. The cornerback measured 5097, 192 pounds, completed 25 reps on the bench, touched 38 inches in the vertical and 10-8 in the broad jump.

His 40 times have been as fast as 4.32 to the mid 4.3s (4.35). There was a lot of rooting and cheering when Iworah completed his 40.
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#Biql94eEh77f3ujr.99

99. Al in MIA says:

Got to run to meetings…laters!

Piggy, if our scouts did a thorough job, there will be plenty of prospects to choose from due to the comp picks pushing our slots down in the 4th thru 7th rounds.

Including Comp Picks the 2016 NFL Draft has 253 selections;

Miami currently has selections @:
    107
    147
    186
    227
    231

Lot of good defensive prospects from UF this year

It showed on the field too

They played good defense in 2015

Everyone knows Hargreaves and Bullard will be early picks

But Antonio Morrison and Keanu Neal are 2 of my favorite day 4 prospects

If we ended up drafting
    Hargreaves
    Bullard
    Morrison
    And Neal

That would be a good draft
    Even though it’s 4 players from the same school

We can probably make some room for a RB, OL and maybe another LB like Deone Jones with that group

Everytime I do a draft simulator the Arizona Cardinals take Bullard with the 29th pick

So that’s proof he will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd😜

You guys can give up the pipe dream

Also – GO SQUIDS🐙

I found some footage of Darron Lee running the 40 with the extra 6 pounds

Looks like Ragland is going to have to be the pick

Speed is great
    But I don’t think a 40 yard dash is so significant for an inside LB

I guess he doesn’t like the RB class

There’s quite a few big RBs in this draft, what the hell is he talking about?

I was thinking the same thing
        and not a lot of guys that do what he is suggesting
        at least not those early 2nd guys like Henry, Howard or Collins

Check out these rankings of most NFL ready dbs

Karl Jospeph #1?

Where in that phase where guys are trying to separate themselves and come off as some sort of out of the box super scout. LOL

He should have just wore a plaid suit and clown shoes if he wanted to stand out …lol

Now I know its April and the draft is overdue and full of over analysis

One guy says DBs from West Virginia and Houston are more NFL ready than SEC, ACC and Big 10 DBs

and another suggests the draft is full of smaller RBs that bounce outside

Anyone ever hear of Karl Joseph?

Karl Jospeh is a good player

But I think that guys is being too cute in suggesting he is more NFL ready than Ramsey, Hargreaves and Alexander

There are some positions where I don’t really care about what the college stats say

RB is viewed that way to me

But I do thin defensive college stats are worth looking at

UF is #8
      Alabma is #3
      Ohio State is #9
      Clemson #10
      Georgia is #7

think about all the defesnsive prospects coming from those teams
      its not a coincidence

One think about defense in college is that there are too many schools who don’t play good defense. The scores have gotten out of hand.

Maybe he just thinks he’s more mature as a senior having started 3 seasons and that will help him early on, not necessarily that he’s better than those guys.

maybe its bc he is a senior
        but its not like Hargreaves, alexander and Ramey are redshirt freshmen ….lol

March 29, 2016 at 2:58 pm (Edit)

**********************

Yeah like the Big 12 where Joseph plays
    That is kinda why SEC schools get the respect they get
    they rarely play that shoot em up kind of football

Big 10 is sort of the same – albeit I think they may be a little too old school, but that seems to be changing. I used to thinkt he Big 10 was the slow conference. But last few years, they are one of the best conferences in football and one of the best conferences for propsects

but the big 12
    I mean I like a few prospects from those schools
    Oklahoma always puts good propsects in the NFL
    but right now I would not suggest that a prospect from West Virginia, especially a DB, involved in some of those numerous shootouts they get into – is more NFL ready then say a SEC DB

scouts might like the way Josepj plays
    but he is probably playing a different game than the NFL game right now

Piggy, let’s stop debating what a clown thinks. LOL

Al

It’s all important man, the game film, and the combine numbers. Regardless, a slow short shuttle shows a lack of short burst quickness, which isn’t a good thing for DB.

Karl Joseph is well regarded,. I’ve spoke of him in the past but shied away due to his knee injury he’s recovering from.
    But another under the radar guy from WV is the ILB Nick Kwiatkoski. He’s healthy and has shown to be a real playmaker.

something about West Virginia giving up a lot of points bothers me

Which is why they only had 3 guys on defense in the draft that are considered withing the top 10 of their position they played.
        Plus the much bigger name schools get all the better recruits & colleges like WV are left scouring for acorns themselves.
        Some individuals play lights out on defensive or offensive units that are subpar as a whole. Takes 11 on each side of the ball to make for a top unit.

So in contrast, you also see where guys like from Bama are way over rated and turn out to be busts, because the talent around them was so good.

Ya got to look at each guy as an individual at this point.

116. ProfessorLou ‏@UolRosseforp · 6h6 hours ago

If the Phins could trade Tannehill to Cleveland for the #2 pick and get Carson Wentz would you take that trade?

18%Yes

47%No

35%In a fucking heartbeat

What is all this trade Tannehill stuff about?

Microwave fans that want instantaneous championship runs.

They are so quick to throw away a good QB that has proven himself capable vs. unknowns 6 months ago from North Dakota St…..smh

There’s a reason teams are still dealing for RG3, Kaepernick, Fitzpatrick, & the Chase Daniel’s of the world….finding a QB is hard, and when ya do, ya try to stick with him & build around him.

That’s pretty close to 50/50 yes and no on that poll Lou

Which I think says a lot about how the Dolphins fan base feels about Tannehill

• $4.8M in ’15 and $11.6M this yr. There’s NO way I can see the team paying him $20M a year the next four years. They were smart to put in the “opt out” clause.

QB’s that pass for over 4K yards, 60% comp & a 2/1 TD/Int ration get paid well in the NFL. Look around at the salaries. Hell, guys like Sam Bradford are still robbing teams piggy banks.

Maybe indicative of the casual fan base & the front runner types, who at the first signs of trouble from Wentz would be calling for his head as well….SMH.
      But I’d bet that the % of diehard Phin fans that follow the game very closely would resoundingly oppose such a dumb trade.

Maybe let the 2016 season play out. Geez! LOL

LMAO, it’s what happens when ya look at tape of Scooby’s, Sua’s, & Jihad’s for too long.
      Can the draft get here already. 😀

Let’s just trade everyone, start over and just dream of draft picks every year that will fill every position with glorious talent and lead us to multiple championships in no time. Yeah that’s the ticket!

The other way around you are banking on Tannehill

One way or another you are gambling on your future

Typical of Dolphins fans. They have the patience of a gnat.

If you think our team last year was all about the QB than you weren’t watching. Why have we been discussing DE, LB, CB, OG and better tackle depth? Just for fun? LOL

I’m not worried about Tannehill. I’m confident THE TEAM can win with him.

121. When Tannehill doesn’t get it done again this year all the Tannehill apologists will say it’s because he’s on his 3rd OC in 5 yrs.

Are you bipolar? We’ve had recent discussions about Tannehill where you had very different views on him. Now you’re in full blown Tanny hater mode and using words like apologists. Interesting. People who have confidence in Tannehill always have names attached to them and his critics are just realistic like Omar, lol. This approach never seems to go away.

LOL, great reply. I like you, or anyone that can also make fun of themselves.
      Just leave my Tanny alone DAMNIT! 😈

I knew Lou would come out mentioning Carson Wentz. lol

123. Let me just set the record straight because people think I’m hopping on the Carson Wentz hype train. I’ve been watching NDSU football for 5 yrs now and have seen every game Wentz has played in and had him as the top qb in this draft LONG before any of the “experts”.

its really not about whether you are familiar with Carson Wentz or not

The conversation has nothing to do with Wentz

You hit the Tannehill button
      and now you can expect every response to defend Tannehill until you just acknowledge that Tannehill is our guy

Its not a rationale conversation
      don’t bother

it doesn’t matter if you think there may be a better route

I think Tannehill will be fine, but it’s not so far fetched to think he could be an issue.

you are investing in Tannehill if you are not changing the QB

its just the way it is

So you are confident
    but I think many fans are not
    and its not bc of a lack of patience

Given the last few seasons
    I really don’t think you can write off anything in terms of change

He’ll be the QB we’re rooting for this year so my focus is on other areas of the team that needs upgrades.

As for the Tannehill button, this topic is just a waste of time. Pay attention to what the team is doing as opposed to stuff that doesn’t even make sense.

It’s typical around this time of year because the grass is always greener in the draft. LOL

126. Al in MIA says:

Problem with Matt Miller and his RB comment is that earlier in the day he talked about not understanding why people want to pass on Zeke in RD 1 (many ppl out there believe that the 3 down, pound your RB all 4Q strategy is dead and that reduces the importance of the position as it relates to 1 guy only) so I have to imagine that Miller is making these off the cuff comments relating to what he noted earlier on Zeke who is a bigger RB.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    March 29, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Lou, I believe you there! I know you’re a football junkie too.

But my reply was to the asinine poll of 35% who clicked on in a fukin heartbeat….lol. Who are these people?
    Besides, what was the total # of pollsters, 5? 😉

128. Al in MIA says:

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    March 29, 2016 at 5:16 pm

——-
    Right but what’s your track record on being right at the QB position? Weren’t you sold on guys like Colt Brennan, Case Keenum, & Chandler Hornish in the past?

129. Al in MIA says:

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    March 29, 2016 at 5:09 pm

——
    Regarding RT and where he’s at…those ppl who are upset about where he is relative to experience level (5 years) . Wentz, no matter how good he is, cannot accelerate his learning experience to be great in YR 1 or 2 and maybe even 3 based on numerous QB who have played the game.

• Al in MIA says:

If Wentz were to be acquired in lieu of RT, the Fins would need to go run heavy and also provide above average defensive effort as a unit.

• Wentz has make throws now that Tannehill still can’t make after four years in the NFL, is a hell of a lot more accurate, can make all the throws, is just as athletic as Tannehill but the one area where Tannehill can’t compete is the 6″ space between the ears.

We’ll see what Wentz can do when he plays with the big boys. You can’t compare him to any NFL QB based on the competition level he played against.

GD, ever read the comments on miamidolphins.com Twitter? Nuff said. LOL

C’mon Piggy. It’s not that Lou hit the Tannehill button with anybody.
    It’s a blog of Dolphins player discussions, and he proposed a trade of Tanny to Cleveland for their #3 pick so we can draft a Bison from the Great Plains. 😉 So yeah, expect some feedback on the logic of said fantasy trade.

132. Al in MIA says:

ProLou,
    I feel your sentiment and I don’t think you are off in saying RT is not the answer; there are probably a few GM out there who think that of RT and would change him but different scenarios cornhole certain GM decisions such as an owner who wants to win NOW. The way Miami has acquired veterans and positioned themselves around the QB position, not to mention the kind of money they have committed already to RT, it kind of forces a GM to go with what is already there and trust the process. At this point, the Fins, no matter who the QB is (Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers) will NEVER get to even a playoff conference game without a defense that performs in the top 10.

Good points. All I want to see is a balanced team for once with play calls on offense that resemble sensible, then we can evaluate individuals.

Guys like Kapersniffer, Fitzpatrick, Chase Daniel, RG3 are still finding work with good money around the NFL.
      That means a shit load of QB’s around the league, drafted over the past 8-10 yrs aren’t quite working out.
      Many teams would take Tannehill “in a Fukin heatrbeat” compared to what they have now, sans NE, GB, NO, Pit, SD, and a couple others.

133. Al in MIA says:

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    March 29, 2016 at 5:39 pm

————–
    And that’s fine but winning it all requires more than the QB position and rebuilding is a different strategy than what the Fins are in now.

I liked Derek Carr alot when he came out but I knew the Fins weren’t going to use resources at that position.

You can look at RT’s stats every year and see they have gone up in every category up until this year. Even then his Y/C went up this year. Even then in this off year, statistically he finished with his 2nd best QB rating (above his 4 year average), 2nd best completion % (tied with his 4 year career average), 2nd best TD output , tied his career low in INT, best Yards per Attempt in his career, 2nd best Yards per completion of his career.

….and he finished near the top with the long ball, even behind that shit OL & Looney Lazor scheme. Tanny knew it was being called an issue, so he worked on it over the 2015 offseason.
      He’s been a friggin IRONMAN taking the most hit & sacks of any QB over his 4 yrs….but yeah, let’s see if an unproven rookie can doo better, hell let’s give up a shit ton of draft picks to see = russian roulette…..smh!

134. Al in MIA says:

getterdone says:
    March 29, 2016 at 5:47 pm

——
    Fitz is still a FA lol.
    RG3 got backup money (Matt Moore money) with the mistake by the lake. What did Washington get out of their investment in RG3? LOL. Lord knows where they’d be without the wisdom of SHanahan to double down with Cousins. Hell the Rams couldn’t even leverage what they got for him to something great.
    But let’s get back to a franchise that has mirrored the Dolphins in recent years with how they manage their roster: The Chargers.
    They couldn’t even make the playoffs a year they finished #1 on offense and defense! LOL
    They invested a high end 1st RD pick on Rivers and let Brees go; Rivers still hasn’t gone as far as Mark Sanchez got once in his career because that franchise has not been able to do anything to balance their roster with chemistry.

Great point….yet no one here knocks Rivers, but if he was a Phin & those results were the same.
      We’d be talking about trading Rivers sorry ass to Cleveland so we could get this Wench.

135. Al in MIA says:

You look at Seattle & Denver and see two teams who drafted repeatedly at positions around the QB and their fortunes changed by lucking into their QB situations (though when Carroll/Schnieder arrived; the team already had Hasselbeck so they didn’t have to worry about that when they stocked the other positions). RW they drafted but 3 rounds later and they signed Flynn thinking he’d be their starter in the mean time but they got instant returns out of RW and have never looked back. Denver was the recipient of the Suck for Luck aftermath which involved cutting Manning and leaving him in the FA pool. They had the team ready at all positions except QB so he helped be the difference maker.

Except he wasn’t a real difference maker this season….what was Peyton’s TD < INT ratio? Phew.
      Defense was a Championship type defense for the ages. Kudos Wade Phillips!

getterdone says:
    March 29, 2016 at 11:37 am

Trump laid out the beginnings of a 7 point healthcare plan that looks solid enough to build from.

Step 1: Talk about having a plan
    Step 2: …………..Bash the other guys plan

I’m so Tanny-gun shy, I’ve typed 4 posts and deleted them all because I don’t wanna get my feelings hurt by the tanneholics. Lol

Rivers has thrown more TDs than Tannehill threw last year for his past 8 seasons. Bad comparison. Rivers is a much better QB than Tannehill.

March 29, 2016 at 5:33 pm

————————————————————
    Well said Tim, and the main reason is, because of the dead money $22M.

It’s hard for any Dolphins fan to say that unequivocally, Tannehill is a winning franchise QB. He just hasn’t done it yet, for various reasons, some of them his shortcomings, and other reasons such as the team around him and the coaches shortcomings. Still, he hasn’t taken the team to new heights or won a really big game yet. I hope those things happen this year, but he hasn’t proven he can do that yet.

gdp
    I’d just like to see Tanny cut down on his terrible sacks taken by about 10! Lol

I can put that poll up for up you by 2018, just be patient! lol

Go Tannehill!!!

Okay folks, catch up later. Enjoy the riveting conversations. LOL

I happen to love Rivers

but other people disagree
    and if I’m a Chargers fan I don’t have a heart attack if the team talks about moving on without Rivers

that team is probably due for some substantial change

I’m sorry but the idea of moving on without Tannehill should not be viewed by any Dolphin fans as a thing out of left field – like its not even an option

we are just not in a position where we can say any player is immune from being part of what makes us a better team

there is no reason to think it will happen
    but there is also no reason to be hypersensitive o the discussion of the Dolphins without Tannehill.

It’s all about what our staff thinks Piggy. If they think Tannehill can be the QB they need, then it’s done, at least until he shows them he can’t be. If they don’t, then a move somewhat similar to trading Tannehill and drafting a QB is possible. I agree that nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

I’m not hypersensitive….just joining in the typical fray. I’d be all for moving on from Tannehill if it was a move that made sense. So far, none of the suggestions have moved me. 🙂

146. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,
    One thing is certain; no defense (something not top 12) no chance.
    Even the mighty Pats were unable to return to the SB without fixing their D despite all their offense.

Dolphins sign Stoneburner and Paysinger

Bri
    Paysinger was a pretty good special teams player for the Giants, but I don’t recall him as Steve Tasker while he was here, or even Larry Izzo.

‘Its not a rationale conversation
    don’t bother

it doesn’t matter if you think there may be a better route
    People have basically tied themselves to the Tannehill tree and once you say something that is a threat to that – all reasonable conversations are thrown out the window’

lmfao. so those that tie themselves to tanny are not rationale and arent worth having a conversation about him as the teams qb but those that say he isnt the answer and think there is a better route are rationale and worthy of football conversations. now if that isnt just irony i dont know what is.

hey hey hey, look, what i say is rationale and makes sens………what you disagree with me? oh well that is just cause you are not rationale and dont make sense.

Randy says:
    March 29, 2016 at 6:04 pm

lmao, more of the same ole from those that want to bash tanny. they are like the ‘oh poor me crowd’ like the ones on hear that support him are not bashed for doing so. you guys that dont like him are so funny, some of you need to change your manpons

Paysinger after resigning.

getterdone says:
    March 29, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Yet the team sucks…why isn’t he carrying them high on his shoulders to the title games?

you dont know what you are talking about. all a team needs is a qb to go to the title game. hell with a elite qb they only need a kicker on their roster. everyone knows a great qb cant be kicker, he can be a great oline, wr, dline lbs and d backs but a great qb cant be a kicker

Mike,
    ST player would have been more accurate.

Piggy, it’s not about being hypersensitive to the discussion about Tannehill, it’s that discussing trading him or that he’s not the answer in the offseason when we all know he will be the starting QB is a waste of time to me. I’m not going to discuss him being a failure before he’s played a down in the 2016 season. I’m going to support him and root for him just like the rest of the team. If he fails to do his job adequately it we be revisited for sure. You can be sure of that. LOL

I don’t think now is the time, that’s all.

getterdone says:
    March 29, 2016 at 7:30 pm

He can coach & set the rosters too. 😉

he can even do the draft, design new dances for the cheerleaders and make the stadium popcorn. he just cant be a qb and kicker at the same time

Heck, I don’t remember anymore. Definitely possible that Paysinger was hurt. Even hurt and out of the lineup he played about the same as the starters. lol

I thought Stoneburner was already on the team.

27 mins ago Dolphins, NFL Transactions Leave a comment

Follow @nfltrade_rumors

The Miami Dolphins officially re-signed exclusive rights free agent TE Jake Stoneburner on Tuesday.

Stoneburner, 26, wound up signing on with the Packers as an undrafted free agent out of Ohio State back in 2013. He lasted just over a year in Green Bay before he was waived at the start of the 2014 season.

The Dolphins later signed him to their practice squad and brought him back on a future/reserve contract.

In 2015, Stoneburner appeared in 11 games for the Dolphins, catching five passes for 47 yards receiving and two touchdowns.

March 29, 2016 at 8:00 pm

He was tendered

i hate when you guys say ‘tendered’ all i think is aaahhhhh, yeah i want me some fried chicken tenders. will you fucks please stop it.

I love me some fried chicken!

mike,

that is cause you bumbels up north think chickens are just for getting to the other side of the street. we down south know how to fry everything.

down south the joke is, why did the chicken cross the street…….he didnt momma chopped his head off and fried the bastard

LOL Rob – I crave fried chicken all the time, but there’s nowhere good to get it.

mike,

i agree with tim. make it yourself it makes a mess but always well worth it. and the simpler the better. just flour and season how you like it. no need to go thru all that buttermilk stuff unless you want more trouble.

Mike’s kitchen after attempting fried chicken tonight

lol @ getters easy way.

yep simple, take out a pan to barely fry the chicken aka brown it on all sides then instead of just cooking it like that go ahead and put it in your slow cooker just to dirty another item in your kitchen. cause making fried chicken isnt messy enough

Just cause you use Sterno to cook by an oil lamp for light doesn’t mean those civilized gents up north do. They have electricity.

getter,

if those gents, as you call them, from up north had any sense at all they wouldnt have to cook there own damn fried chicken. aunt jemima would be.

Mike at breakfast.

Scrollburner

Is Grimes playing for the Boston Celtics?

NBA players girlfriend arrested at the game.

171. Rhino says:

THIS is why Brent puts up with Miko’s crazy ass shit (after all, he is human):

getterdone says:

March 29, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Paysinger after resigning.

———————–

Is that Steve Harvey?

Mike/Tim,
    The best places for chicken in your general area are:
    Pies and Thighs
    and Root and Bone

But these are much closer to Piggy!

Thanks Bri – but that’s a bit far to go all the way into Manhattan for a craving. Cravings pass. lol

Piggy

If you’re around, I have an article ready to go, just let me know if you’re cool with me running it now.

Steve