The Wedge Scouting Report: Keanu Neal, S

Just one more nail and I get this great Earthling Relic up….

OUCH!!!!!

I hit my fingers with the hammer.

Well I guess that is appropriate with my this relic.  A little bit of pain just like ball carriers used to experience with this guy on the field.

Ahh…there it is…my most prized possession

RonnieLottFrame

Ronnie Lott is my favorite football player of all time.

Old number 42.  They don’t make ’em like that anymore.  Kinda makes me want to save Earth….

but alas…they don’t play the game like that anymore. So screw Earth!

Okay okay…I see glimmers once in a while.  Especially when a young safety wears the number #42.

KeanuNeal1

Like Keanu Neal…

Keanu Neal is a hard hitting safety from Florida.

I know what you are thinking…should we really draft a player named Keanu?

KeanuReeves

Well…yes we should.  He might be….THE ONE!

The one to bring back memories of hard hitting Ronnie Lott.

Boom Keanu Neal is known for his hard hitting.  He plays the game at one speed ——– KILL SPEED

KeanuNeal3

Neal is known for his tackling and collected over 80 in 2015.

The Gator Defense was stacked with talent in 2015:  Vernon Hargreaves, Antonio Morrison and Jonathan Bullard will probably all hear their names called before Neal.

But make no mistake about it, even though he is a day 3 pick, Neal might end up being an NFL starter down the line.

KeanuNeal2

At 6’0, 211 pounds he looks the part of an NFL safety

He is not known as a ballhawk but he did intercept three passes in 2014.

He didn’t light up the board with his 40 yard dash at 4.62 or his 17 bench press reps.

But he did get the top broad jump among safeties and the 2nd highest vertical jump.  So the guy can jump and hit!

If Keanu Neal was an Alien Weapon of Destruction – he would be a space hammer!

NealHammer

Watch his highlights here:

Aside | This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

342 Responses to The Wedge Scouting Report: Keanu Neal, S

1. jetsssuck says:

1st

2. jetsssuck says:

This is for you Lee. I don’t get mad at things I know I can not make difference.

This really pisses me off. Citizens need to withdraw any financial instruments(401’s, stocks,annuities,life insurance and don’t buy any products they are involved with) they have with these companies instead of sitting in central park complaining about the 1 per centers. The SEC needs to tighten the screws on these corporations somehow, someway. Contraction of financial reserves required for these companies would be a start…

• jetsssuck says:

AIG, Prudential, General Electric’s financing arm and MetLife are on the list of to big to fail. AIG is really amazing considering they were the main reason we had the financial melt down.

Looks like Neal has hisself a mighty big . . . resume. lol

Wow there are reports that Jets LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson is retiring.

Neal looks the part. Piggy, is Ronnie Lott really your favorite player of all time?

Yes he is
      I think he was the greatest

Safety is my favorite position
      and while I like Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu

I really think Lott is a cut above any other safety that has played the game

He was a big hitter, tough as nails and a ball hawk
      he retired with 63 career interceptions

and when you consider that his career was in an age before the passing game really took off, that’s an incredible stat

6. uwantwat says:

JS….now you know why I think the political system sucks. Business leaders have judges and polis in their pockets. Then you get crap decisions like this. I hope the appeal wins.

7. uwantwat says:

That would hurt the Yets if Ferguson was to retire. Put pressure on them to trade up. Offer them Bushrod for their 1st rounder.LOL

It would be nice if the Jets had to take an OL with their 1st pick. I like that!

Maybe the Jets trade Mo Wilkerson for Ryan Clady and some draft picks.

10. uwantwat says:

Mike….then Clady goes down in TC again. Oh the irony.

11. uwantwat says:

They could always trade up with us to take Conklin we swap firsts and get an extra 2nd.

Mike, I asked you last night did you see that Noah Syndergaard was throwing sliders in the 92-95 MPH range?

I didn’t see that Tim. I saw some highlights of the game, he looked pretty wicked.

George Brett said it’s an unhittable pitch. Not only is it a slider so the movement is hard to hit, but he was blowing it by guys where they couldn’t catch up to it. LOL

Jets LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson has retired from the NFL after 10 seasons.
    As Jets beat writer Rich Cimini put it, it’s “a stunner.” The Jets wanted Ferguson to take a pay cut, and instead of accepting one, “Brick” chose to go out on his own terms. Ferguson is only 32, completely healthy, and still one of the better blindside protectors in the league. Gang Green is now without a left tackle and quarterback, though the $9 million-plus in cap room Ferguson’s retirement creates should allow the Jets to re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Piggy, Lott and Woodson are the two best DBs for me.

Its funny
      they both played CB and S at different points in their careers

but I think of Lott as a Safety
      and Woodson as a CB

I happen to like Lott a lot more than Woodson

I’m not sure I would rank woodson as the greatest CB of all time
      but I do think he was one of the best football players at the CB position
      bc he is a lot more physical then a guy like Dion Sanders

Lott was also very successful transitioning out of football into business

It’s hard to really say who the ace is on the Mets pitching staff, they literally have 3 guys right now that could be aces, and if Matz develops well, and Wheeler comes back healthy, we might 5 ace worthy pitchers. That’s crazy.

I was thinking last night, as tough as it would be to do, Syndergaard would probably be an elite closer. He has the makeup for it and definitely the stuff.

You’re not suggesting that, are you? You would never take a dominant starting pitcher and make him a reliever. I actually think Hansel Robles could develop into a closer.

No I wouldn’t do that now. I think he could be one though.

Jets only have 6 draft picks too…..lol
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7. No 6th.
    Their big needs was LB & DB….now add OT to that that list. Oh, & the QB spot is still unsettled. 🙂

Mike
    I know they pick after us
    but if we pick a CB or another position in the first and want to go OL in the 2nd round
    then the jests picking OL int he first hurts us

Nah, there’s plenty of 2nd rd talent at OL.

I’m not going to worry about. I’m not even sure we’ll be looking for a T, we may just want an interior OL, a G/C

Nick Martin is a strong possibility. Depth at C for Pouncey who is starting to have some injuries and he could compete for a starting spot at guard.

Maybe the Rams @ #15 trade up for Miami’s #13 if their is a run on QB’s. They need & want one.
    It’s a small move for us, so we could still get our guy in the 1st, and gain a mid round pick.
    Just a thought as draft day approaches. Deals could happen in the 2nd round too. The Rams do have two 2nd rd picks, so they might just use that to get back into the 1st for two 1st round picks. Lots of ways to go.

There are a couple of OT’s that will be available in either the 2nd or even 3rd RD, like Jason Spriggs, Le’Raven Clark

La’Raven Clark Is a real interesting prospect

a guy who should be able to move inside with ease

Most people I’ve read discussing Spriggs thinks Spriggs in an OT and not an interior guy
      I actually think Spriggs will be a pick in the late first
      and some one will select him to be their RT

Another guys worth mentioning is TAMU OT German Ifedi
      who is also said to have the ability to move inside relatively easy

I think Ifedi might be exactly what we are looking for in a lot of ways

I actually think the opposite for Clark & Ifedi moving inside, maybe Clark can.
        But both are tall with long arms & may find it more difficult in a phone booth. I like both as LT prospects for the future. Depends on what we see & want to plan on doing with Albert by 2017.

Elliott told NFL Network late Thursday that he has a visit planned with the Dolphins, who own the 13th pick in the first round.

And like Gurley — whom the Rams drafted before Miami went on the clock in 2015 — Elliott has plenty of suitors.

He has already visited the Cowboys (who pick fourth) and has meetings set up with the Eagles (eighth) and Bears (11th), Elliott said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article70690252.html#storylink=cpy

Lott has nothing on Scott

LOL
      well I’m a child of the 80s
      So I grew up on Lott, Reggie White and LT as the great defenders of our time

Kiper’s latest draft has Mackensie Alexander dropping to the 2nd round

I’m a huge fan of Alexander
    and according to some “experts” he is dropping

Imagine drafting a Conklin at 13 and Alexander in the 2nd round

woop woop!

I see Elliot going top 10. He’s a complete back with really no cons.

He’s the sexy name right now, and has been. So some team wanting to make a splash will throw normal 1st rd RB caution to the wind early on.

If a team is willing to make him a big part of their offense nothing wrong with that.

I’m a big fan of LeRaven Clark and see him a a good future LT, even if we have to take him in the 2nd rd.

gdp,
    I think there is a good chance someone will trade with us if Lynch is still on the board at 13. The rams are definitely a candidate for that trade.

And just like clockwork as predicted….of course this was an easy one….lol
    ___________
    ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini believes the team could pursue Broncos LT Ryan Clady via trade.
    It makes too much sense. Much like the Jets were playing hardball with now-retired LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson, trying to get him to take a pay cut, the Broncos have been doing the same with Clady, and even signed his replacement already in Russell Okung. Clady seems like a lock to be dealt or released at some point. Clady is currently scheduled to make a $9.5 million salary in 2015. His next team will certainly want him to re-work his deal with him coming off a torn ACL.

I wonder how much they give up

Lets all hope it happens

Think about the implications for us

The Broncos have more to work with in terms of trading up with us if they want to trade up for a QB

If the Broncos acquired the Jest 2nd rounder for example which is the 51st overall

and we traded down from 13 to 31 for the 31st pick and that 51st pick

then we would have these picks
      and 51

all before the Cheats have any pick…lol

Do you think you can acquire impact CB, OL, RB, LB, S or DE with all three of those picks

The Pork says YES

I know some people hate trade downs
      But this is a dream scenario for me

It would be nice to have drafted 1 of those 6 positions above before the end of the 5th round
      Its 4 picks in the top 73
      6 picks in the top 147 picks

I can probably name 147 players I want to draft….lol

to me rounds 6 and 7 are just kinda of luxury picks
      picks to get depth on the OL, WR corp, or wherever ….maybe even a KR

but the first 5 rounds, if we draft well…you can get good players

This draft is pretty deep so being able to select 3 potential impact players between 31-51 would be pretty darn good. The Broncos also have two 3rds so they have the picks to make deals.

Piggy, good stuff on the Jests & Broncos. I wanted to spur that discussion. Lots possibilities are starting to take shape as the draft approaches. Makes it exciting with anticipation, before the oft big let down of disillusion , despair & annual frustration…lol 😉

this draft is deep….with second tier talent. I don’t think we’ll be drafting 3 impact players. 3 solid, possible starters? Maybe…but there are very few impact players in this draft. Now that we gave up our top 10 pick, I’d have no problem trading back and adding 2nd and 3rd picks because that’s where the value is in this draft.

Yeah I agree

I don’t think from 12-32 there is a he difference

Unless of course there is a guy they think is head and shoulders above the rest and possibily there at 13

If the FO thinks a guy like Elliot, Conklin or Jackson (CB) is just much better than the additional picks
      so be it

but
      I don’t really think the CB, LB, DE, S or OL positions read that way to me

maybe the RB position

If we had a shot at Ramsey or Jack
      those are the impact players IMO

Yeah Hickey seemed good. We don’t know exactly how much Tbomb had a play in that. But at least we have a few good players from the two drafts.

Tannenbaum wasn’t in Miami in 2014 so Hickey had one draft without him and he landed James and Landry.

Hickey was GM when we finally drafted those 2 samurias early (Landry and Parker)
    so I’m gonna miss him

Costumes look like trash

• sb7mvp says:

The movie itself doesn’t look good.

Yeah
        too bad
        the Apocolypse storyline is excellent

I think t ey may have screwed the pooch on the movie

it looks like a Batman sequel – the crappy one with Clooney and Kilmer as Batman

35. jetsssuck says:

what a chamber of commerce day.Not a cloud in the sky and highs around upper 70’s.

Ryan Tannehill has been studying tape of Adam Gase’s offenses in Denver and Chicago since late February.
    Though Tannehill doesn’t have a copy of the Dolphins’ new playbook yet, he’s taken the initiative to figure out route trees and see which plays Gase favored during his time as an OC in Denver and Chicago. Tannehill has been practicing some of the plays with receivers DeVante Parker and Jarvis Landry. “We throw twice a week and we have several guys that are showing up consistently,” said Tannehill. “We’re getting better.” Tannehill seems committed to making things work with Gase after not always seeing eye-to-eye with the team’s previous coaching regime.
    _______________________
    Let the blog pontificators codswallop ad nauseam. Begin Now….lol

I have seen different mocksters and analyst have Neal anywhere from 1st to 5th, Mayock believes he is arguably the best safety prospect this year and i tend to agree with him. If you want a guy who is a stud in-the-box safety, and wont disappoint you in pass coverage this is THE guy. There are better ballhawk safeties, but i dont see any other close to him that are going to give you as good of run support to go with a very solid pass defense skill set.

A few guys who i see as close to comparable is Killebrew, Jeremy Cash, but they are not the kind that will make the receiver hear footsteps coming into the safeties zone. I dont think he is going to be a day 3 pick at all. I think he may fall to third but im betting he is more of a second round selection. Id love to have him on our team but i think someone is going to take him before we hit a point in the draft we are going to be looking for safeties.

Given Cincy’s defense and how they plays with a true FS and SS, as opposed to the more hybrid types we have had previously, i would expect that Neal would be a better fit to man the SS spot, i mean look at who they were targeting in Iloka and who they got and you can tell they are looking for a more box safety to pair with Jones.

I like
      Ramsey *****
      Cash ****
      and Neal **** a lot

that is 5 stars for Ramsey and a little less for the others

Randy, there are plenty of impact players in this draft. What I mean by that is there are starters or significant role players, rotation etc. There are very few elite prospects if any but every team has to deal with that.

Id be tempted to trade up for Hargreaves to be honest, we have almost shored up DL, we do need one really good DE to rotate with the old dudes and be ready to take over soon, we do need a LB that has potential to start right away or at least have gotten there after a few games. I think though at CB is our most desperate position this draft and i think Hargreaves represents a very skilled, enthusiastic and almost perfect fit for our scheme making him and ideal player and unique enough we wont find those qualities in many more guys. I think William Jackson is a pretty close second but after that it drops off big and i would not be upset if they traded up slightly for Hargreaves than missing out and taking Jackson as a stay put.

Can you imagine calling throwing passes as a work day

41. dbolt48 says:

@ArmandoSalguero: UM’s Herb Waters worked out for the Dolphins today. He blazed a 4.39 in the 40, per a source.

42. dbolt48 says:

@ArmandoSalguero: Source says FAU safety Sharrod Neasman ran a 4.55 in the 40 for the Dolphins. He weighed in at 209. He met with coaaches afterward.

Here’s a little tidbit about our new safety Isa Abdul-Quddus. It gives some insight into why we signed him as a starter. He took advantage of an opportunity and ran with it. Our pro scouting dept. saw it.

IMO these are the few true elite players.

I see two truely unique and elite players.
    Laremy Tunsil
    Jalen Ramsey

I see 2 that are elite, but its more dependent on system/scheme.
    Myles Jack
    Vernon Hargreaves

I see 2 more that are fringe elite, meaning they are in that elite range but on the very edge of it.
    Carson Wentz
    Ronnie Stanley

There are a bunch of players just below that line that i think grow, possibly in their first year into elite status, i just dont believe you can compare them to other players who have come out in past 5 years and said they are distinguished above the rest. Wentz was really pushing it, but i think with his touch passing ability, pocket awareness and mobility, and ability to read a defense, and throw to a location, he’s better than a lot of QB’s that have been drafted in the first round in recent years.

I want to see if Tunsil live up to that billing. There have been a lot of top ranked tackles in recent years that have been anything but elite. I also want to see if Mack’s overall game translates to elite. Wentz is not considered an elite QB prospect. Stanley has elite potential but he’s not considered elite coming out.

I’m not talking about could be elite someday because many prospects from this draft could end up being elite players and not necessarily from the 1st round. I’m talking about being considered elite coming out. I wouldn’t out Hargreaves in that category either or he’d be going top 5.

45. dbolt48 says:

@Dolphins_SR: Via Adam Kuperstein “Hearing two possibilities for Dolphins stadium naming– Hard Rock and Qatar Airways. Via source close to ownership.”

D & Piggy, youse guys are stuck on the same names @ safety…sheesh!
    Try thinking about Sean Davis will ya, if you want a striker that also has coverage & ball skills, he’s an all around complete DB….oh crap, I seem stuck on his name….lol

Mike, JIm Henderson might be that other relief pitcher we’re looking for,

D-Bolt

No but I wish I did! lol

Mike, he pitched the top of the 7th. We just scored 4 in the bottom of the inning and lead 7-1.

dbolt48 says:
    April 8, 2016 at 3:31 pm
    Jesus Mike, do you have a vibe in your pocket😆?
    _______________________________
    Nope, but he does have one in his hand upon special request. Cue FFR in 3…2…1…

I would like to introduce s new ranking system to draft heads from this blog

The snout

For instance

Myles Jack 🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽
    Is clearly 5 Snouts
    Jalen Ramsey is 🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽

There aren’t a lot of 5 snouters

Here is my list of 5 snouters

🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽
    Myles Jack
    Jalen Ramsey
    Ezekiel Elliot
    Laremy Tunsil

That’s it – those are the 5 snouters

Most other first rounders probably get four snouts

This was a really bad idea.

I give Tunsil, Ramsey and Jack 👋👋👋👋👋

I give Ragland an honorable 👋👋👋👋

Only one player in the draft will be honored with the coveted Boar

Best player in the draft

Jalen Ramsey gets the 🐗

That cracked me up man. That bull just drilled that idiot, I love the way he leapt up into the hit, like a LB. That was great.

🍚👯

Does anyone else think these emoticons refer to cocaine and hookers?

As I pissed as I get at the Dolphins organization – at least I am not a Jet fan. LOL

It’s not the end of the world for them, and it will allow them to sign Fitzpatrick with $9.5M cleared off the cap

I think from what i have seen of Tunsil he is very elite. Last OT i saw that i could equate to him was Jake Long. I remember seeing Long’s film and thinking this is a really badass LT, but really none of the prospects i have seen recently have made me think they were elite. I know they got painted that way but if you can go back and look at my comments on any of them you will see i wasnt overly thrilled with any of them, in fact outside of Jake Matthews i didnt even really want any of them for us, and i wanted him because i think the guy has football excellence in his DNA.

Wentz is easily better than and of the QB’s in 2011 draft, outside of Luck he’s better than 2012 class, WAY better than 2013 class, better than 2014, even though i did really like Bortles and Carr, and better than any in 2015…. id say that qualifies him as on the elite side of the cusp.

I say that too not having been a fan of his until more recently. His Senior Bowl wasnt overly impressive to me, but i heard reports he wasnt fully well that week so i went back and looked more at his game film and then i watched him do his combine drills pretty hard and he has really nice touch on the ball in particular he can throw it into tight windows which it a skill that usually has to be refined at the NFL level because the DB are so good the window shrinks. He is coming into the NFL very polished and looks the part of a franchise guy. Like you were saying with the OT’s, the top rated QB’s havent been panning out too well recently, but i think this guy is pretty legit.

Competition for Wentz is an issue. We’ll see.

Packers waived ILB Nate Palmer.
    He was entering the last year of his rookie deal. Palmer started 10 games at inside linebacker for Green Bay in 2015 but ended up losing the starting job to rookie Jake Ryan. He missed all of 2014 with a torn MCL.
    _________________________
    He had 68 tkls 1 sack & 2 PD’s in his 10 games he started. That better than Misi…lol 🙂
    he’s in his 2nd year. 6’2 248 a 6th rd pick from Illinois St.

looks like a rash of PED suspensions are now being announced….hope Dion FF isn’t on the list again. 🙄

OK, which admin changed the damn smiley faces on the blog???

PED suspensions
    Jalen Collins 4 games
    Andrew Turzilli 4 games
    Demetri Goodson 4 games
    Aaron Colvin 4 games
    Armonty Bryant 4 games

Substance abuse suspensions
    Will Hill 10 games
    Taylor Mays 4 games
    Nick Moody 4 games
    Martavis Bryant 16 games

Good news bad news Fitzy we have money to sign you but now we can’t protect you.

Fitz: I’m not signing with you let Gino get killed.

Tunsil is a finesse LT, which is becoming more and more the template in the NFL because of all the pass pro. His feet are really good….better than Jake’s ever were. But, he doesn’t really translate his size into power. He isn’t gonna overwhelm anybody in run blocking in the NFL. Jake was more powerful and a much better run blocker coming out. Tunsil is the best LT in this draft, but it’s partly because there really aren’t many. He wins by engaging quickly and getting good inside hand position(which is great), but if he can’t he tends to reach and get out of position. Guys in the NFL are gonna have the hand/rushing skills to prevent and take advantage of that, so I’m looking forward to seeing how he adjusts in the NFL. He’s got the potential to be really good, but I think he’ll struggle a bit and will have to develop other parts of his technique to win consistently in the NFL against better edge rushers. He’s definitely a talented kid though and worth a high draft pick.

65. jetsssuck says:

National Beer Day is observed annually on April 7th.I hope you guys celebrated

Mike E:
    It’s a big loss for the Jets. He missed 1 play in his 10 year career. They have no on the roster who has any experience at LT and 9.5 ain’t going to enough to sign Fitz

It is, but again, they needed the cap space to sign Fitz, which it gives them, and if they don’t feel comfortable with anyone in the draft at their spot, they can use Mo Wilkerson to get there. I’m just being realistic about it. It doesn’t kill them, and despite the fact that he’s played all those games, the last couple of years he hasn’t been as good as he used to be.

I liked Jalen Collins in last year’s draft. Cheater!

68. jetsssuck says:

you know Mike I am getting used to this directv. Yesterday, I learned how the volume control works after 6 -8 months. I was hitting the left and right side of volume bottom instead of pushing the volume button up or down. Kids were always asking me to turn up or down volume. Wife even got in on it.

Steve

No question, and I’m happy they have a new need now at OT. I’m just saying it doesn’t kill them, because it doesn’t.

The Jets also lost their starting NT and one of their ILBs to FA as well.

That’s TBD Mike. Did it kill us when we had Colonblow playing RT, or Fox last yr? How do we know it won’t kill them before we know who will be playing LT?

I was reading one of those articles the other day about the teams that did good in FA, and one guy wrote a piece about the Raiders. He mentioned Sean Smith, and said he was a ballhawk (10 ints in 7 yrs). These national guys don’t know shit, they just regurgitate what the local guys are saying, that’s why we keep getting shit on, because O and Walker are being over cautious this offseason.

I hear stuff like that all the time. Some of the national guys are better than others but a lot of them know very little about the depth of teams.

• Brian in NY says:

Smith definitely played a lot better with the Chiefs than he did with us. I still hate him for sucking so badly with us. I don’t know why I have an ax to grind with him, but he was the type of player that just drove me nuts. Maybe it was beacuse he was 6′ 3″ and he had horrendous ball skills.

He also wasn’t a good open field tackler. His best trait is covering the perimeter and that’s about it.

His best trait was covering inside the redzone. He should’ve had about 20 ints for us and he only had 5 in 4 yrs. I think they name a candy bar after him.

Nice work on the article Piggy. I keep telling myself I want to write something when my schedule is less hectic to help you guys out, but that hasn’t happened yet!

Brian in NY says:
    April 8, 2016 at 6:29 pm

yep me too, i keep starting to write something for here and then i just ended up sending it into penthouse forum. but hey, at least mike e is as hit there.

We’ve gone from dead last in salary cap to 8th now, but the national media says our moves are head scratchers that’s, If we had gotten rid of guys like Kiko and Maxwell after only 1 yr with a new coach coming in we would’ve been berated, yet Philly is praised. I guess that’s what you get when you have homer beat writers.

The bottom line is nobody knows what this team is going to look like this season, not even the team. We could easily have 2 new starters on the DL, possibly at least two at LB and possibly 3 in the secondary. Then we don’t know who’s going to play guard and what the RB situation will be like, or what Gase’s offense will look like. Even after the draft which hopefully gives us optimism, until we see them play in the RS, we won’t really know. Too much will be new about this team to project accurately.

Go Phins!!!

Generally when you have that many question marks it is not a good sign

• Brian in NY says:

Agreed. Everything has to break just right in order for us to have a successful season.

They’re not all question marks, some are already in place as new starters. We were 6-10 with what we had so why keep it the same?

We need some important things to happen like Albert, Pouncey and James staying on the field together, the results were much better for us when that was the case but I believe those 3 have only play a combined 7 games together the last two years. Then we need to upgrade the guard position somehow and hope Wake can at least be a pass rush specialist. If we stay relatively healthy and add some quality prospects in the draft, things could start looking up. Improved coaching can make a difference too.

Steve

We had Colonblow playing (And Fox for that matter) because our front office half assed our O-line. We had no choice, we were past the draft already. The Jets have a chance to make a trade, or draft someone, so they have ample opportunity to address the problem. That’s all I’m saying. Of course if they have a shitty player playing LT, they’re in trouble

Monday will be a big day for Gase and his staff. They can finally do football stuff with the players. They can see where guys are at and start installing some stuff – conditioning programs, playbooks, philosophy etc.

Go coach Gase and staff!!!

tim,
    I’m jealous. I wish I could see next year’s team the way you do. Always an optimist. Kudos.

Bro, I’m not saying we’re gonna be this or that. I’m not predicting anything. What I am doing is watching the roster and seeing if it looks viable and then saying there are too many unknowns for us to have a real feel for this team. Just as much as it could not work out, who knows it could end up being the right mix and we’re a surprise team.

As a fan, why wouldn’t I want to look for reasons why maybe that could happen and hope that it will? LOL

As a Mets fan, I watched a changing of the guard change their fortunes last year and a team not expected to make the playoffs made it to the WS. It does happen like that.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

yea you never know. But year after year of disappointment with the phins makes it difficult.

How is everybody? Hope your week has been better than mine! It started out well enough…my March madness brackets came in first place in one pool and first runner up in another….I won a total of 260 bucks! Then work turned to an absolute nightmare starting Tuesday evening. I’m glad this week is over! I’m having some drinks….I may not stop until it’s time to go back on Monday. lol

Boulder, even though it wasn’t long lasting we did go from 1-15 in 2007 to winning the division in 2008 and playing in the playoffs. So we have seen weirder things happen. Just hope and root. What else are we suppose to do? LOL

BoulderPhinfan says:
    April 8, 2016 at 8:01 pm

tim,

you are so spot on there. tim is always the ultimate optimist here. got to really enjoy he is. at least someone here is. i admit he is a squirrel hater but damn i do like reading his comments and always a optimist. he does keep it in reason. not a koolaid drinker but always looking for the bright spots. got to give him that.

81. jetsssuck says:

1st for 4/9

82. jetsssuck says:

April 8, 2016 at 8:58 pm

————————————–
    u know the seahawks and panthers were middle of the road teams before excelling. We are very like them the last several years concerning our records.Just maybe we get the rights bounces and catch a break or two and we are then competing for a championship in February. We are not much different.

Ryan Dukarm ‏@DBRyan_Dukarm 12h12 hours ago
    *NEW* video @draftbreakdown Oregon OL (OT Tyler Johnstone, OG Matt Pierson and C Matt Hegarty) vs Cal (2015) http://draftbreakdown.com/video/matt-pierson-vs-cal-

Interesting prospects!

85. naplesfan2010 says:

Charley Casserly NFL Network
    Kiko Alonso’s instincts and playmaking ability will benefit Buffalo for years to come
    Considering his draft position (46th overall), Buffalo Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso is my pick. Many people felt he was the NFL’s best rookie defender last season, as evidenced by a close second-place finish in Defensive ROY voting. The statistics (159 tackles, four interceptions, two sacks, one forced fumble) jump off the page, but I was particularly impressed by his instincts to find the ball — that’s the most important trait for a linebacker.

Based on a 10-year study that I conducted, any second-round pick has a 50-50 chance of just developing into a starter within four years. Alonso was a star in Year 1. Barring injury, this guy should enjoy a highly productive career, especially now that new Bills defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz is moving him to outside linebacker.

86. naplesfan2010 says:

I am really excited with the vets we are picking up. I know there is risk and unknown in these guys, but I really like that they are scheme fit and have been coachable. I think we have some really good new coaches as well.
    Maxwell was a star on Seattle’s run to the Super Bowl victory. Without him they did not win it. Without good coaching and a scheme he fits, he had a bad year.
    Alonso thrived under a no nonsense hard-nosed attacking DC (like our new DC is) and languished with the pansy he had in Philly.
    Ifo was possibly the best pure cover corner in the draft but had a terrible injury. He says his knee is good and he didn’t hurt his brain, his hands, or his heart, so I think he will be great for us.
    A-Q is a hard-hitting guy so even if he is only in on running downs he will help us not be so leaky.
    The WR we picked up from Indy could be our break-away threat in the Kick Return game. We need that. And he is a reliable 5th WR so if none falls to us in the Draft we are set there as well. We have his former OC, so he must know the player and be impressed enough to go get him.

87. naplesfan2010 says:

The guy from Canada could be a good back-up, Pead has speed. Gase knew him and went after him, and Bushrod and the RT we signed improve our Tackle back-ups tremendously.
    Mario Williams is a former #1 overall draft pick drooling to hit people again after being emasculated in Buffalo.
    We got all these guys and did not waste a single draft pick and actually improved our cap numbers.

88. naplesfan2010 says:

This is all really awesome.
    Plus we hired a guy as HC who is widely regarded as the brightest rising star in the league and a DC who is universally thought to be HC material in a few years himself, so he’s hungry to prove that.

89. naplesfan2010 says:

I wish I could find the quote that compared Gase to Shula at least insofar as being young with unlimited potential. It was not from a fan or blogger or a Miami guy. I’d love to have that magic again.

90. naplesfan2010 says:

oh well ’tis the season, so I gotta go to work. It was a pleasure talking to myself on here today.
    Go Dolphins!!

I am excited to see what Tyler Davis can do with the team. I know he was not an NFL guy but 94 passes for 1,733 yards (18.4 yards per reception) and 24 touchdowns. Is nothing to sneeze at. The potential of Jarvis Landry, Parker, Stills and Davis in a system that doesn’t feature rout trees that have our wide receivers bumping into each other has me looking forward to this year.

TWENTY FOUR touchdowns in a season

Tyler Davis is my Javorski Lane for this year

WTF? Sure he looks great, but the competition is that of a Canadian College, as someone recently said about GFL. No one touches him coming off the line, the white guys at CB (enough said), make this league almost like a touch football league.

Ken says:

April 8, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Generally when you have that many question marks it is not a good sign
    ———————————————————
    What’s not a good sign is going 6-10 and staying status quo.

Tim says,
    ————————————-
    slow down there Tim, here’s what can be done starting Monday:

Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.

In reference to Jetssuck’s comments:
    My biggest issue with how our offseason acquisitions are being treated is they just don’t seem to get it, that’s why they’re all scratching their heads. Now that I think about it, I’m glad they’re scratching their heads, they don’t need to know.

What I said right from the beginning, when the Maxwell/Alonso deal was made, was how smart it was to get these guys this way. Take the approach we’ve used in the past in FA, paying out millions of guaranteed dollars (hurting the cap) for guys that didn’t necessarily fit out schemes, but were up and coming players, but this yr we got these 2 guys for basically nothing (TBD based on picking at 13 vs 8), on a trial basis of sort.

For Maxwell, if we had taken him a yr earlier through FA we would’ve been stuck with him for 3-4 yrs, before we knew, if he was a good fit, without getting killed with huge dead money. The way it’s working out for us is we’re basically replacing Grimes for him on a 1 yr trial basis ($5M dead money if he doesn’t play in 2017).

For Alonso, if we waited until 2017 to get him we would’ve been in the same boat, signing him as an FA for big money, and several yrs of dead money, if cut…What we’re getting is a very cap friendly player that has a 66% chance of improving based on the following. The way I see the odds are you have one part with more of a chance of success, because he’ll be another yr removed from his knee injury, one part with more of a chance of success, because he’ll be in a system that he’s excelled in, one part failure, because no one is a guarantee.

Bottom line is we’ve brought in guys that fit what we’re trying to do without breaking the bank/cap. Now compare that with what Ireland did his last yr, when he had lots of money to spend and lots of draft picks, yet he shit the bed.

Thanks, Steve. At least they can do something and get the ball rolling.

Any time Tim. The CBA seems like a joke sometimes, but without it guys like Bellicheat would take advantage of the system.

I’m glad they kicked out the Finsiders, the replacement is supposed to be better. All they did was talk about stupid BS, like little Troy was trying to interview Charlie Casserly and got roasted, or how awesome Madison thought he did hosting the show, as a replacement…

Tim, I’m in the same boat as you with the optimism of this team for 2016. After early last season I said I’d never do it again, but then they went and signed Gase, and brought in the guys they did and now I’m back on the koolaid train. The acquisitions fit the schemes, but nothing really special. I’m getting the feeling we’re about to see changes similar to what SF saw when they brought in Harbaugh. Are talent level is pretty good at many positions, we just didn’t have anyone in charge that could put things together.

I’m leaving the door open, but like I said until we see this team we have no idea because we haven’t seen this team play yet. It’s going to be quite a different team albeit with some of the same core players. Even Tannehill. LOL

Mando with his Rosannadanna ranta

I saw the interview and Gase didn’t say the guy picked at #13 was absolutely going to start, it was more like the guy picked at 13 would be a starting caliber type of player, because every team goes into the draft thinking their first round pick is going to start, unless your name is Wanny.

Exactly! Most teams don’t expect their top pick to be a developmental player unless it’s a QB and they tend to play right away these days anyway.

Woke up and there’s 2 inches of SNOW!!!
    ❄️😭❄️

Enjoy! We had 5 inches up here on Monday!

103. jetsssuck says:

we got our usual couple bales of snow washing ashore . Every week now we get a couple bales not kilos–bales of coke.

It just started with light wet snow flakes. I hope it just stays that way and no accumulation.

He’s a load, but is also an injury risk. Ya think he’ll be better than Tevin Coleman who had a rocky start in Atlanta?

105. jetsssuck says:

Here’s a recipe for cucumbers which were 5 for a buck at veggy stand. Very easy I substituted cream cheese with ricotta cheese and used regular rye bread. Kids loved it.

Send some bales my way. I need a new job that actually makes an income.

• jetsssuck says:

I’ve never seen anything like this and I lived all my life down here. The feds are investigating all the cash sales of condos on S.Beach. GEE U THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH DRUGS

LOL, why don’t the Feds investigate the Feds that are allowing the drugs to come in the first place? smh

• jetsssuck says:

THEY COULD PROBABLY BRING DOWN THE national deficit a lot if they confiscated all the drug profits that are buying up S.Beach condo’s.

NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt believes that with his strong Pro Day, BYU WR Mitch Mathews might have worked himself into the late-round draft conversation.
    Brandt writes that Mathews has “the athleticism and speed needed to excel in the NFL.” The analyst is quick to point out that the 6-foot-5, 222-pound Cougar’s frame is already ready for the bright lights of the NFL red zone. As for the Pro Day in question, the one which hyped Brandt for Mathews as a draft prospect, he was officially timed in the 40-yard dash at 4.47 and 4.49 seconds. TFY Draft Insider’s Tony Pauline had been hearing that a time closer to 4.60 seconds was expected there, making the run something of an eye-opener. Mathews also leaped a strong 10-foot-9 on the broad jump. Last season, he caught 54 passes for 737 yards and 11 touchdowns. The touchdown mark speaks to that big frame.
    __________________________________
    I hope we get this kid in the 6th or 7th round. Could pay off in a couple of years.

Yeah, we’ve been talking about Prosise. He’s only been a RB 1 year, but has a great looking upside. Is learning very fast, has the power, the cuts, vision, everything you look for…..and if Ajayi is thought to be our lead back, then waiting a lil later for a kid like Prosise is a good thing. Same for Kenyan Drake and a couple of others.

the heck with piggy and his research on kneau neal. this is the fins next safety

What an asshole. Learn how to play the game.

The ast. ref on the side puts his flag up incorrectly as offside, but he may have saved a real collision, because the girl in white stopped with the whistle.

April 9, 2016 at 2:36 pm

What an asshole. Learn how to play the game.

i didnt post the article but the real asshole are the refs. first for calling her offsides and then not even calling a foul on the keeper. not only was it a foul but should have been a red card. at least they did look back after the game and suspended the keeper for two games.

Hmm, interesting. Saints sign a German League QB to a 3yr deal.

Saints signed QB Griffin Neal to a three-year contract.
    Neal set school records in passing yards (5,614) and touchdown passes (47) as a three-year starter at Concordia from 2012-14. He spent last season playing in the German Football League, but he caught the eye of the Saints when he participated in Tulane’s Pro Day last month. New Orleans scheduled him for a workout on Friday, and he was signed shortly after. Neal should fill the role of camp arm and practice-squad body as he develops.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 13m13 minutes ago
    A non-first round sleeper to keep an eye on for the #Dolphins is Boise State OL Rees Odhiambo. I’m told MIA likes him and showing interest.

He may not be able to play OT in the NFL, but I do remember Mark Dixon at about the same size doing quite well for us. At worst, he could be a very good OG.

Dixon was a solid starting LG for us for like 4-5 years right?

We need to find a guy like that again.

I thought he started at LG and RT, and eventually moved to LT. That’s something. He was a CFL player.

Slow, lazy, bored, but he generally handles his man, he would be a better guard than LT.

I think the “college tour” is just about done, and now all of a sudden, my son has remorse about not applying to better schools. That sucks. He can always transfer, but he didn’t really research well enough before he applying, and now he has to pay for that.

I thought he did apply to top schools like Drexel?

Drexel is a good school, but certainly not a top school. He regrets not applying to NYU, Northeastern, and a few others I can’t think of at the moment.

Funny thing is, he got into Steven Institute of Technology, which is probably the best school he got into, but he got in for engineering, and he decided he’s not interested in continuing with engineering, he wants business. Steven does have a business program, but he doesn’t even want to look at it for some reason. He’s being silly!

Mike, Steven Institute in Hoboken? I went to a party there back in the 90s, good time but what a mess. LOL

114. jetsssuck says:

Mike-maybe your kid isn’t ready for college. I wasn’t so I enlisted in NAvy and went to military trade school 9months and then served out my remaining obligation visiting 14 countries while aboard JFK and Nimitz. I took 1 or 2 classes every semester where I got AA degree from UF. When I got out I decided I liked what I did in military and they credited me with another 24 credits from my military school. I had only 1 and quarter to graduate with a BS but I wanted to experience the college life and it took me almost 3 years. Now a days military has the old GI bill so one can get free money when attending. Military also offers lifetime benefits and connections also.

Yes, Steven’s in Hoboken

It was like a wandering building of hallways and separate parties. But you have to be smart to get in there even if you let you hair down at times. LOL

Jetssuck, he’s totally ready

Adam Schefter
    Jets acquired LT Ryan Clady and a seventh-round pick from the Broncos for a fifth-round pick.

Clady might be damaged goods. He’s suffered both a Lisfranc injury in 2013 and an ACL injury in 2015. He hasn’t played for a year. He’ll be 30 at the start of the season.

That’s a good move for the jets, as long as the Clady contract isn’t too high and he plays/plays adequately. Ferguson retiring cost them a 5th, and they most likely saved money, but lets see how he plays.

Clady is expected to sign a new contract with the Jets. He had two years, $19.5 million remaining on his previous contract, which he signed in 2013.

The Broncos talked with Clady’s agent about restructuring his contract, but the discussions went nowhere and the defending Super Bowl champions responded by signing Okung.

So if the Broncos tried restructuring and he said no, why would he take less money from the jets, or are they just trying to save cap space in 2016?

Clady had been on the trade block since the Broncos signed Russell Okung at the start of free agency. He’ll take over at left tackle for the Jets after D’Brickashaw Ferguson’s retirement. Clady agreed to restructure his $9.5M salary as part of the deal. He hasn’t played a game since 2014, but gives the Jets a proven starter if he can stay healthy. The move also clears Denver’s cap space for a potential Colin Kaepernick trade.

A Statement from Bruce Springsteen on North Carolina
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN·FRIDAY, APRIL 8, 2016

As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band’s Sunday April 10th show is canceled. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase.

Dumbass! Bruce, what about the fans that planned well in advance to see you & paid to see you, traveled, etc etc.
      You could’ve said something while on stage….Now I hope fans boycott your sorry pc correct ass! I know I will.

AS FAR AS ROSS buying me a “Grumpy Old Dolphin Fan” hoodie for my birthday, Ross is too cheap to do. AS a loyal Dolphin fan, I’d tell Ross to “apply the $40 plus postage to getting us A REAL OFFENSIVE LINE instead of making us suffer through a series of “Columbos” and other inferior linemen! But, Tim, I thought your comments were REALLY FUNNY!!!!!
    ————————————-
    My many weeks of working one weekend after another has robbed me of some of the time I’d use to see movies my wife and I REALLY WANT TO SEE!! –One of those movies was “Concussion,” starring Will Smith. As most of you likely know, it follows Dr. Olamu through the discovery process of how he detected CTE and what caused this horrid, deadly, disease that is unquestionably caused by repetitive blows to the brain. Exactly how did Olamu come to his conclusions? How solid is the science? And how hard did the NFL fight the idea of the very existence of CTE? –If you have NOT seen this movie, and if you are a football fan, YOU NEED TO SEE IT!!! –What it says about Goodell and the owners IS NOT GOOD. I’ve ALWAYS THOUGHT GOODELL WAS A COMPLETE ASSHOLE. This movie did NOT change my ultra low opinion of him. –The bottom line is THIS. Better helmets, better equipment, and a continued tweaking of the rules are all parts of a strategy to lower CTE and associated brain injuries. LOUSY owners like Ross will not turn me away from the sport I love. But refusing to adequately address the issue of CTE will drive me away from the sport, PERMANENTLY!! See the movie. Decide for yourself.

PS: I left the word “it” off the end of my first sentence. But I’ sure y’all figured that out!–Have a great evening!

Holy shit !!!!!!!!!

• jetsssuck says:

CRAZY CRAP now a days. Police/FBI say all the murders happening daily in liberty city/Miami Gardens is in response mostly to social media.Those 2 cities I am told account for almost 43 percent of all murders in the 3 counties. What is wrong with our youth…

JS: YOU answered your own question. WHEN we were kids, there was NO SOCIAL MEDIA. And parents ACTUALLY SURPERVISED their kids’ actions. Misbehavior had IMMEDIATE CONSEQUENCES, including corporal punishment for those who could NOT be persuaded by logical warnings from parents. But today’s kids have been raised in the PC “time out” generation where the only consequences are a few minutes in the corner (during which the offending kid may be cruising the internet). SOME “PUNISHMENT,” eh??

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 16 (DET): Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Nick Martin, C/OG, Notre Dame (B)
    Round 2 Pick 15 (DET): Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 10: Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 9: Jalen Mills, FS/FS, LSU (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 11: Henry Krieger Coble, TE, Iowa (C+)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Caleb Benenoch, OT, UCLA (C-)
    Round 7 Pick 10: Cre’von LeBlanc, CB, Florida Atlantic (B+)

Former Saints DE Will Smith was shot and killed Saturday night in New Orleans.
    Smith was 34. Police believe the shooting was the result of a road rage incident. Smith reportedly exchanged words with another driver after his Mercedes G63 was rear-ended by a Hummer H2, causing Smith to strike a third vehicle. Smith’s wife was hospitalized after being shot twice in the right leg. The Hummer driver and shooting suspect is now in police custody. Smith spent 10 seasons with the Saints, appearing in one Pro Bowl and winning a Super Bowl in 2009. He leaves behind a daughter and two sons. It’s a devastating loss for the NFL. Our thoughts are with Smith’s family.
    _______________________________________
    RIP Will Smith

RIP Will Smith

That’s a horrible tragedy. Goes to show, you got to keep your cool, road rage isn’t worth it.

Going to play a softball doubleheader in a few minutes, and it’s frigging 31 degrees! Sucks!

Wyo

Who did DET take in that draft where you took REGGIE! REGGIE! REGGIE!

129. jetsssuck says:

damn-We almost missed opening day for MikeE’s softball season. Now I’m going to be on pins and Needles all day to find out what the outcomes were. Between going to the farmers market, softball opening day with our MikeE opening day pitcher?/watching the Masters golf final round and cooking for the whole family I couldn’t ask for a more memorable day. Got green beans 39 cents a lb,tomatoes 59 cent lb, strawberries 79 cents package,and zuccinni 29 cents lb. guess what we are having for dinner.

Mike E; –I KNOW you’ve already left to play a doubleheader in softball by now in 31 degree weather. I, too, will soon be stepping out–to mow the lawn. It’s in the 60’s in Tampa Bay right now under sunny skies. Highs will be in the 70’s this afternoon. And guys will be playing softball in virtually PERFECT weather while their lady friends watch them play.

THIS is what we call “Winter Weather.”

JS: Reply for you up the page re: Murder rates by south Florida’s youth.

• jetsssuck says:

you are right—the authorities during the news report said, we have to have our kids put down their phones instead of put down your guns as is the normal. 14 and 15 year old kids killing others that young over exchange of words through social media. Something is terribly wrong with the youth now a days.

• jetsssuck says:

wife told me “peer pressure” contributes to social media revenge among the others in a “friends facebook page”. Guns legal or illegal doesn’t help with kids having a short temper and all the testosterone’s running wild. The parents working and being away from kids most of the day.Too many single parents and no supervision when they are working.No responsible adults that look after kids that are not their own.

a little info on gaze. The video is really good.

So it looks like Phil Jackson is about to pull a Bill Parcells.

Boulder, that was a great video on our new HC Gase. But what was with the Ryan Tannehill clips shown there with all those accurate passes, throwing receivers open, hitting them in stride and stuff??? sheesh

Wow that is horrible news about Will Smith. RIP

NEW* video @draftbreakdown CB #2 Mackensie Alexander Vs Florida State(2014)

Based on that tape he sucks. He got knocked off of his coverage on the long TD, he doesn’t turn his head around, so he doesn’t get int and passes defensed. Wasn’t he the guy they said didn’t have an int, but didn’t give up a TD? I think we just saw he did give up a TD.

He hasn’t allowed a TD in his last 20 games or something like that, not that he never gave one up. You don’t grade a player on one play.

I’m not grading him on one play, I just said what I saw on that play, I’m grading him on that tape, and he sucks in that tape. Why do I keep hearing he didn’t give up a TD when he got beat on that play in Nov. 2015?

Giants signed LB Kelvin Sheppard, formerly of the Dolphins.
    Sheppard will officially sign his contract on Monday. Despite finishing second on the Dolphins in tackles last season, Sheppard was a liability both in coverage and against the run. New York was his only known free agent visit.
    ___________________________
    So glad the new regime will be focusing on improving the LB corp.

• jetsssuck says:

you are in Jacksonville?

I’m in central fla, close to Daytona

• jetsssuck says:

some reason I thought you were in Jacksonville today. I was stationed in Jacksonville (cecil Field) in between cruises and build ups and qualifying. Daytona is much nicer.I remember driving on the beach back in the day.

NEW* video @draftbreakdown SJSU OT #72 Wes Schweitzer vs Georgia State (2015) http://draftbreakdown.com/video/wes-schweitzer-vs-georgia-state-2015/

He looks great, but really Georgia State? He’s a plower in run blocking and seems to be adequate pass blocker. I see him as an NFL OG.

139. jetsssuck says:

Man, all the anxiety is building up of whether MikeE won his season softball double hitter.

140. Rhino says:

scrolled and read the possible ‘new names’ for stadium: Hard Rock or Qatar

Hard Rock means Ross will bring in Dwayne Johnson

Qatar is for the fans: “while my Qatar gently weeps”

Parker Ehinger #78
    VS
    Bronson Kaufusi #90

He’s a 6th or 7th round OT / OG prospect

Western Kentucky TE Tyler Higbee was arrested on Sunday morning and charged with second-degree assault, alcohol intoxication in a public place and second-degree fleeing or evading of police.
    Higbee was booked at the Warren County Regional Jail at 2:41 a.m. Sunday morning and is being held on $10,000 bond. There is no further information as to the exact cause of the arrest at this time, but expect details to filter in in the coming hours. The 6-foot-5, 251-pound tight end is one of the better tight ends in this draft pool, but his stock could take a major hit depending on the circumstances here.
    __________________________
    He was 1 of 2 of my Top TE prospects that I lied a lot. Maybe we can still get this seam threat in the 6th or 7th now….lol…or there’s always Jerell Adams who I think is better anyways.

Got shellacked both games. We played the team that lost in the championship last year, and they looked much better than us. They have practiced and hit the batting cages, whereas my team did nothing. It showed! Got shutout game 1, and and we were close in game 2, the game I pitched until the 5th, trailing 4-2, and then errors and big hits for the other team opened the floodgates. We looked like it was our first action of the year, no one looked ready. We deserved to lose, and lose we did. Hopefully, we’re in better shape next week, or it will be a long season.

jetssuck – So sorry to keep you on pins and needles, I had no idea how much you cared! lol

Sorry to hear you got smoked today Mike. It’s no fun playing in games like that. Mets lost 2/3 to the Phillies in their opening series- pathetic.

Tell the truth Mike, you were grooving your pitches right in everyone’s wheelhouse. 🙂

In the later innings, you’re not wrong. Oddly enough, I had excellent control in the first 4 innings, and then in the 5th, I lost some velocity off my fastball, and I didn’t locate as well as I had earlier, and I also left a couple of change ups up in the strike zone, I had intended them to drop down earlier, but that’s what happens w/o practice!

The Mets’ bats are cold and the pitching is there. Hopefully they warm up soon.

148. jetsssuck says:

Sounds like the 5th inning was like the Masters defending champ losing it on par3 12th.

Thanks Bri – Yeah, the Mets looked pretty much like they looked all exhibition season. Bats are still asleep.

Ahh, sorry to hear that Mike. You’ll do better as the season gets going, same with the talent rich Mutts.
    Now my Bravos are off to a hot start….NOT 0-5. Oh how I miss the Bobby Cox days….lol

Yeah man, how the mighty have fallen. They’re (Bravos) in rebuilding right now, but they will be back soon enough, I’m sure. Very strong organization, although I don’t get why they left the stadium they built not too long ago.

Thanks, they are rebuilding with 2017 said to be the year to get back in the race when they open in the new park. But they 1st need to get rid of Mgr. Fredi Gonzales. He has very little clue of fundamental baseball. He’s the Joe Philbin of MLB managers….lol

Bri

I must have missed it. What happened with Phil Jackson?

He wants out of NY and is rumored to LA.

I don’t blame him. He’s f*cked this team up so badly, I’d want to escape the mess he made also. That’s pretty weak though. Only good move he made was drafting Porzingis.

He has an opt out of his contract after next season, so unless Dolan just wants to get rid of him, he’ll be there another yr at min.

it sounds like foles is on the trading block. I bet either the rams or someone else will trade with us if lynch is sitting there at 13.

Why do people keep saying the Rams will trade with us? They want a QB, we don’t and neither do the Raiders, so why would they want to move up 2 spots? To do it out of fear of someone else moving up is Wanny/Spielbergesque, and isn’t going to happen.

Yeah I was reading that the Rams don’t want him, rather keep Keenum & draft a QB.
      I guess prof Lou, Son, Piggy and a couple others will want us to trade for Foles.

gdp,
    I want to see tanny play behind the same starting line most of the season. I just hope we make sure that the guards and backup tackle is shored up. That’s job 1 on offense IMO. keeping tanny’s jersey clean.

Amen brother. I was reading where 13 games were missed collectively by Albert, Pouncey, James last year. That’s nearly a whole season w/o the strength of our OL playing together. Add to that Lazor’s BS bizarre play calling and it was a recipe for suckatude!

Looking at the stats from last yr, Miller had 4 good games, Titans, Texans, Ravens all wins and Giants loss. The rest of the yr he sucked. I know we didn’t give it to him enough, but he didn’t get it more, because he wasn’t getting it done. Are we better off without him, yeah, I think so.

155. jetsssuck says:

come back kid needs 2 birdies in final 3 holes. After 12 he was behind by 5. What a finish.

Dolfanatic ‏@Stevin71 30s30 seconds ago
    Patriot fans really sued the NFL over a lost draft pick? That’s too funny! I thought it was a joke. Lol

157. Rhino says:

Knicks fans… don’t blame Phil Jackson… blame Carmelo “watch me shoot” Anthony. Free Agents avoid the Knicks like they do the Rockets cuz no one wants to hang around and watch someone dribble for 12 seconds in iso and then shoot. 🙂

158. Darn right I’d want Foles. I wanted him in ’12 and I’d take him now.

159. Rhino says:

Warriors!!!!

THIS is what it felt like to be a Dolphins fan in the 70’s. Every week a new record.

160. uwantwat says:

Mike…find a new softball team.

This is a good read if you have the time