The Wedge Scouting Report: Devontae Booker, RB

(Wedge sits at a piano and sings the scouting report)

Goodbye Lamar Miller

Though I never saw you get many carries

wedge plays piano
You had the skill to resign elsewhere

While the Dolphins look elsewhere

LamarMillerVigil
Now the Dolphins have to look to the draft

who can they find to replace you

DevonateBooker1

Maybe some one else who will only get 3 touches a game

Though I really hope not

Oregon v Utah

And it seems to me that a Utah running back might be a good idea

A guy like Devonate Booker …..hmmm hmmm hmmm

DevonateBooker3
In 2014 Booker had 0ver 1500 yards on the ground

never needing more than 292 carries and averaging more than 5 yards per carry

DevonateBooker5

In 2015 you had a few less carries

and still had over 1200  yards and close to 5 yards per carry again

DevonateBooker4

23 total touchdowns on the last two years

and that includes receiving touchdowns

DevontaeBooker6

600 yards receiving and 22 reps on the bench press

we will have to wait until your proday to see you run the 40 .

Derrick Malone, Devontae Booker

And I would have liked to draft you

but I’m just a alien fan

a fan who sobs for Lamar Miller

WedgeCries

If Devontae Booker was a alien weapon of destruction

he would be a Space Hankerchief, helping us get over Lamar Miller.

BookerHankercheif

Watch his highlights here:

Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

723 Responses to The Wedge Scouting Report: Devontae Booker, RB

1. uwantwat says:

This is actually not a good draft for picking in the top 15. Quite poor in fact IMO. This must make me an egg-spurt or is it a gooroo?

uwant, do you have coconut crabs down under, you have every other crazy creature? LOL

3. uwantwat says:

No idea Tim but I have seen a face like busted crab before.LOL

4. uwantwat says:

I can’t seem to get the pic to post in here right but I will ask my lad next time he comes over. I don’t know who it is.

Casserly is actually projecting we trade with the eagles again and get our pick back. LOL

You think maybe he has it backwards? LOL

Casserly was the only one of many ‘experts’, that correctly mocked Parker to us last year. The other ‘experts’ all had other players.

I think he might have the teams in the wrong order because the picks he has for each team make sense for the opposite team. LOL

Actually, I thought that Philly would wanna take Zeke. I know we could too. So with that intel, then Philly likely wouldn’t want to move back to see Miami get their guy.

6. uwantwat says:

Bed time folks 4.30am here.

Lee, I can appreciate your sentiments. But living here in the US, it is very important right now.
    I don’t think of all of it as political mumbo jumbo either.
    A lot of it to me is a social issue/s, that will being to greatly have an effect on all of our lives, as well as social comments on huge incredible shifts from the norms of our once fair and civilized society.
    To me this is more than just who you may like that is running, or what party you’re from, that’s besides the fact of what’s going on before a keen eye!
    We are under attack, but sadly most people don’t see it due to the forest being in the way of a few trees. Few dig deep enough to really see what’s going on between the blurred lines.

Anyways sure, back to looking the other way to play along.
    Go Phins!
    go Tanny!

LOL @ Casserly’s reverse trade

Also I noticed Myles Jack went #10 in that mock

I would be pretty upset if that happened
    makes the Eagles trade down look pretty bad

BoulderPhinfan says:
    April 12, 2016 at 3:00 pm

—————————–
    This is the recent bandwagon prediction. I saw someone mocking with us to trade with them to get Elliot, which is going to be a shit, smash burn piss on my TV moment if it happens. I wont care much about a trade up in the case we are set on a guy that really fills a need and they warrant trading up to get but that isnt one of those scenarios. I get a lot are in love with Zeke elliot, but we neither need RB that bad, nor is he worth that.

I also predicted Parker to us btw…so take that for what its worth.

New Poll up

there are 2 polls now

Tim you said that before and eventually came up

I think you are slowpolled….lol

tim,
    maybe he forgot we made this trade. He says the eagles trade back and get their 2nd back they gave up for bradford. LOL. I think he’s getting too old or something.

April 12, 2016 at 3:27 pm
    They don’t seem to show up for me. All I see is Polls and nothing is clickable.
    ———————————–
    Thats because you are a homo and this server is based in NC. They have refused to serve you the poll information.

LOL @ D with a little Depeche Mode reference

So I guess I can’t be part of the new poll that no longer works for me. I guess your software is an anti-Applelite. Fuckface!

16. Al in MIA says:

uwantwat says:
    April 12, 2016 at 2:44 pm

———–
    I had this discussion with Tim a couple weeks ago.
    The scouts and analysts always try and say this draft is strong/weak based on numerous things.
    It’s tough enough to properly evaluate individual players playing within the team game under a specific scheme and projecting their success from it so going out and projecting what an entire class is going to do is almost impossible.
    Take the 2005 draft, considered the worst and by some the worst in 20 years prior (going back to 85 or something). The Dolphins went 1-15 and had the fortunes of picking top 3 in that ‘terrible’ draft. They drafted Ronnie Brown #2 overall. Who else went in that terrible draft? QB Aaron Rodgers #22 overall to GB, WR Roddy White #27 overall to Atlanta, TE Heat Miller at #30 overall, Patriots OL Logan Mankins at #32 overall… Others in RD 1 -> LB Derrick Johnson #15 overall to KC, Panthers LB Thomas Davis #14 overall, OT Jammal Brown who was the Saints SB win team went #13 overall, Chargers LB Shawne Merriman went #12 overall, DE Demarcus Ware went #11 overall to Dallas, CB Carlos Rodgers went #9 overall to Skins, CB Pacman Jones went #6 overall to Tennessee, Braylon Edwards went #3 overall after Ronnie Brown, and of course while dissappointing, Alex Smith went #1 overall but still is in the NFL as a starter.

17. Al in MIA says:

getterdone says:
    April 12, 2016 at 3:09 pm

——–
    He’s also the guy that “resigned” from the Texans because of all the heat he took for selecting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush (and Vince Young to those delusional Longhorns fans) with the :). He also hired Gary Kubiak that same year to be HC. Oh but that David Carr selection….that haunted him for a bit.

18. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    I don’t think the political landscape is drastically different than it was 100+ years ago.
    We are living in the era of misinformation driven by endless competition for information available on the internet. It’s no different than in the early 1900s when newspaper era was hitting its peak and in the spirit of competition for customers; many made up stuff to drive sales. It’s open unverified information shoved in our faces with a record number of distribution platforms (TV/Internet etc) that is making you feel this way :).

As Billy Joel wrote in one of his songs:
    We didn’t start the fire
    It was always burning
    Since the world’s been turning
    We didn’t start the fire
    No we didn’t light it
    But we tried to fight it

🙂

Okay I got the Depeche Mode reference now. Good one, D!

ZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM Fly by. Read the posts for a few minutes and now have to go. I’m still alive and kicking. NOGTIH ALL

21. Al in MIA says:

I’ll just put this in to stir the pot a lil (Randy will smile for sure).

From the article,

I [Peter King] ask Goff about getting sacked. “This past year, I mean I dropped back 500-something times, got sacked like 25, so not too bad. My freshman year I got sacked a lot. It hurt really bad.”

What percent of those sacks were your fault?

“All of them. All. I mean, they’re all avoidable. I probably took 35 my freshman year, maybe one of them wasn’t my fault. I think if you’re a good quarterback and you know what you’re doing, you know what your line is doing, you should be able to avoid most of them.”

Does it frustrate you that avoiding sacks is accredited to the offensive line, rather than the quarterback?

“No.” A quarterback gets enough credit for everything, Goff says. “[The O-line] could use some shine sometimes.”

What QBs really think inside: “except when your pass pro blows chunks and you can’t throw the ball away every fucking time because you’re trying to make a play.”

On 3rd down throwing the ball away early may be worse than a sack, at least with a sack you stayed in the play until the end.

Depends. Even on third down you would be better off taking a shot on your heck down and see if he can make something out of it. You have to remember most plays have a check down, and that guy isnt a read progression he is a “oh shit” outlet. Its not a guarantee he is open but the chances of being picked on a check down is very small, chance of getting a lot of yards on a check down is also very small but its a lot better than taking a sack.

You missed the point D, I was referring to holding onto the ball to see, if something develops, instead of bailing early. With the sack or the throw away you still punt, but holding onto the ball instead of throwing it away gives you a chance. Sure at the last second you can hit the checkdown, but early checkdowns are almost as bad as a sack, when you still have to punt.

D, no check down in empty backfield 3rd and 8 with 3 defenders in the backfield within a second and yeah that did happen on 3rd down way too often. I remember walking away from the TV and not even watching the punt saying we can’t even run our offense if we block like that. But I know, if one of us says that, there must be a rebuttal and examples of when he had time and took the sack and one and one we go. LOL

Catch up later folks. 🙂

There are examples of both…. OL didnt do him favors, he didnt help them, and the mad magazine coaching for dummies article that Lazor based his offensive playbook off of didnt help either of them. Its weird because i get a label of Tanny hater when i dont hate him im just not willing to just say none of it was his fault. There can be truth on both sides of an opinion you know.

And what i had said just above wasn’t directed at Tanny….it was an in general statement about check-down over taking a sack, so why in such a rush to defend when no attack was made?

All of the above happened. RT didn’t do his oline enough favors, Lazor (enough said), the OL didn’t help RT enough… They all must be better.

The empty backfield on third down was always a signal to me it was about to be time for a commercial lol.

Al, thanks for trying above…lol
    Yes some things are the same as 100 yrs ago, man has always been greedy. The elites always hungry for more money, power, and no regard for screwing the rest of us over.
    Yes there was propaganda back then for political gain & to promote war. See William Hearst’s abuses with his publishing companies.

Yes today there is a lot of misinfo & propaganda. See the state controlled media that most sheep follow, like in the old days.
    Except nowadays, the technology can be also good and not all bad.
    You don’t have to be a giant corporation owned by elitists to put out info.
    The trick is, finding the credible info, with referenced sources, vid/audio clips, etc etc.
    This technology has helped wake many, & expose many as well.
    Back in the early 1900″s as you say, the people didn’t have much any other way to find the truth, or something even close to it.

So NO, it’s not at all like you said that is making me feel this way…LOL
    I’m not easily fooled or follow just any narrative that comes down the pike. Can I do much to change things? Not too much, other than try to keep looking for truths and spotting the lies, then passing it on the help inform others who maybe work too much, don’t read much beyond their favorite hobby, or shedding a different light for someone to see beyond the blur that they might have missed.
    If we all did that as citizens, and kept networking like that, then maybe that real change that has always seemed so elusive and one sided can & will occur.
    It’s worth a try and not a waste a time no more than debating Tannehill, Scooby, or he/she places to take a dump.

So Keanu Neal was invited to the 2016 NFL draft, that means at least some team has him on their big board at a 1st round prospect. Another person a little bit surprisingly invited was Miss State DT/DE Chris Jones. I have heard the a couple teams are really high on him, and they said that minus some off field stuff he would solidly be considered a 1st rounder. I like him as well and would be pretty pleased if we got him. It looked like we really took advantage of Miss States pro day, met with a lot of the participants there from that school i really wouldnt be shocked if we had interest in Redmond, Jones, Beniquez Brown, and likely Prescott as well.

Also saw this today that really made me happy to see.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 8h8 hours ago

I’m told #UCLA’s versatile pass catching TE Thomas Duarte is visiting the #Dolphins today. Could be a monster in Gase’s scheme.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin Apr 11

I’m told #UCLA WR/KR Devin Fuller still has six visits and/or workouts left, the #Dolphins, #Packers and #Chargers among them.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin Apr 9

I’m told Western Michigan WR Daniel Braverman — who wasn’t invited to the Combine — has already visited the #Vikings, #Saints & #Dolphins.
    ———————————————————————
    Def a lot of interest towards WR’s by our team, all across the board from 1st round to 7th round projected round guys.

D, we do need to likely replace the spot of Matthews. I doubt that comes in an early draft pick, but ya never know.
    I see some good developmental guys in the back end of the draft, but this year’s class is weak for top flight type WR’s, so why draft one early…IMO.

I do think we need to also concentrate on TE’s at some point. Gase uses them, and we really are short there with quality. Glad to see TE’s are visiting too.

Would be crazy if Neal was a first round pick

but I don’t see it happening

Wedge will puff up his chest with galactic pride if it happens

I can’t see him going in the 1st round to anybody. He’s been as low as a 6-7th round projection early on with his speed concerns and recognitions.

Well D posted that he was invited to the draft which usually indicates that some one likes him a lot

We all know Tanny took some sacks where he should have gotten rid of the ball quicker but so do a lot of QBs. He’s not doing anything a lot of other QBs don’t do. The problem is he faces a lot more pressure than most QBs. I don’t see a lot of other teams with their interior OL standing around with defenders running past them free into the backfield. That is what really has to change based on what I see. If we can upgrade the pass pro and Gase can put together some better blocking schemes I think we’ll see a big difference on offense overall. I really believe that.

So I’ve said my peace on the issue. 🙂

Goff said that earlier to endear himself to a higher pick if possible. That’s predraft BS hype…IMO.
      “Oh, what a humble team player. We must have him” lol

31. 81Howie says:

This is just sickening…
    Whats that, 8 strike out in 10 batters
    I hang my head in shame 😦
    And Jose Sucks!

32. 81Howie says:

I lost track, 7 is correct
    Syndergaard is Bad Ass but losing it now
    C’MON JOSE
    GO MARLEELNS 🙂

Not a bad 1st 3 rounds

I could live with that draft. But rather Artie Burns in the 2nd. Fuller has a lot of talent, but there are some issues. I’d only think about him in the 3rd, maybe later.

Bonds: A-Rod won’t beat HR record before retiring
    _______
    What home run record is that you’re talking about Barry? The juiced one?

The problem with taking a DE early is giving up he chance to take a quality CB or OL prospect early

In the above draft it was OL

Can you name a quality interior OL in day 3

I think those odds are better than CB

Day 3 should still have a quality Center/OG in there.
      CB’s are kinda thin after the 3rd, but some good developmental ones can be had.
      DE has about 7 top flight types, but they will all go quickly.

The team kind of lost it for Syndergaard with that stupid switch on a lefty he just struck out the first time now you’re expecting him to pull the ball? Would have been out of the inning.

He’s now struck out the side twice. Up to 11 Ks. 🙂

It’s a good pitching dual between two very good young pitchers.

Don’t forget to vote in the 2 new polls

I can’t beleove “from the squiggly” only has 1 vote

I just noticed that many Oddyssey characters have emojis

🐷👽🐹📟🍤📏

I think that last one is a razor

🐹❤️richard gere’s 💩

I’m going to be at Disney for the draft. I’m a little perturbed by that…

Brian, I don’t get it. I used to be able to view the polls. WTF?!!

Syndergaard is hands down my favorite Met.

He looks like he’s going to be one of those guys who dominates most games. This isn’t just this year. It started last year. He’s already a fan favorite. THOR!!!! LOL

He’s developed a 92-95 MPH slider which is insane to go along with a 97-100 fastball.

• Brian in NY says:

Absolutely. I loved when he threw inside against the Royals in the WS. He’s just an intimidating pitcher all around. Thanks Toronto! What a coup that was with him and D’Arnaud for Dickey.

12 K’s 1 BB thru 6in…wow on the K’s.
        Chacin the Braves 5th starter in rotation had 8 K’s, 0 BB’s & 0 runs thru 6in tonite. The reliever is in now for the 7th.

Tim, clear your cache & reboot.

There’s been a lot of poor baseball decisions made by both teams tonight. Crazy!

Brian here are some emoji options I have for the next Oddyssey character

⛽️🎂🍕and 💅

Not a lot to work with

Just noticed this one though

Ifoooooooooooooooooooooooo

(Blowing in a 🐚)

Ifooooooooooooooooooooooooo

48. jetsssuck says:

Every hosting city tries to outdo the previous hosting city. What do u think?

I wouldn’t even think of that during the daytime work hours. Damn you jetssuck! 👿

• jetsssuck says:

what’s wrong with that I don’t understand. It’s natural and there are plenty of places in different countries that celebrate events topless and totally nude. New Orleans has event that encourages topless. Sounds like people on here need to drink some prune juice.

Apologies to Herd. Ok, back to the raunchy bathroom & mixed gender discussions during the day.

I keep hearing how deep this CB class is, yet every time I put on game tape they get roasted. Just watched Fuller vs OSU. PI at the goal line on one play, and the next he gets beat deep. I know, now someone is going to say he didn’t give up any TDs in 2015. And he tackles like Dion SandCastle.

No CB is going to have perfect tape. The college game is all about a spread/read-option game. I’m leery of LB and DB as top draft prospects. They all get burned. LOL

DE may be the way to go. Look at our age and contracts moving forward. You don’t pass on pass rushers unless you find special somewhere else. The Super Bowl taught us that pass rush is the main Kryptonite for QBs. No way?! LOL

so just stopped by to see if the fins won the ota’s yet and after 17 hours of tax returns even i dont care for that pic. how about that even i have my breaking points.

getter, i think we all know you and that is way not your style. everyone makes mistakes.

take care all.

It’s not a big deal bc it’s so late

But I had to remove it for obvious reasons

So it never happened….

That solar tower is really awesome

I want one….lol

55. uwantwat says:

Two things I worked night shift most of my life so it is normal for me to go to bed anywhere between 3-6am. Drives my wife nuts. Secondly, I rarely drink too many meds. Bummer.

56. uwantwat says:

Al…you are correct in saying there are always stars taken early each draft. However, most years there is a definite pecking order, this year seems to be all over the place. Most of us here couldn’t agree on who we would take @8 and now @13 we are still undecided. Hell, even the top 3 are open to dispute, last year the 2 QBs were always going 1,2. This year who knows who goes where I have seen reports of wild arse trades and seriously is Ramsey worth the #1 pick. Most don’t even know if he is a S or a CB. Now that says a lot. which of the 2 OTs is the best one? Could be another Fisher and the dude from the Jags case yet again. Both flame out.

He’s a safety!!!!

Lol

I honestly think Ramsey and Jack are the blue chip prospects of this draft
      I would take them before anyone else

57. dbolt48 says:

FLORIDA
    227: R7P6
    RB KENYAN DRAKE
    ALABAMA
    231: R7P10
    ILB JAMES BURGESS

ACTRESS SIGOURNEY WEAVER ENJOYS A HOT DOG (1983)

59. jetsssuck says:

when flying into germany one can not miss all the electric generating wind mills.Our generation figured out one of the main crisis facing future generations.

60. jetsssuck says:

How’s this for maritime shipping energy savings.

61. jetsssuck says:

Now lets not forget we have the Panama Canal expansion that is scheduled to go on line in June saving 1.8 days of shipping goods from around the Pacific. This project was figured out 30-40 years ago by our leaders. This will provide a major economic boom for us on the East coast. S.Florida has already dredged its shipping lanes/ports to make this possible.

PS-solar panels were produced in China so they could be affordable to everyday US citizens.The cost of buying solar panels have gone down almost 40 percent since the money was given to solar production plants from government stimulus plan. The highest cost of solar energy is installation which requires skilled people.

• Al in MIA says:

The current Panama Canal project may prove to be a waste of $ in consideration of the project going on in Nicaragua. There, the Chinese are involved in building their own Pacific-Carribean channel amid major protest for Nicaraguans.

• jetsssuck says:

I wouldn’t call it a waste of money since both would provide big benefits to us citizens.

62. dbolt48 says:

@DRUDGE_REPORT: Ted Cruz Defended Ban on Dildos… https://t.co/rDd9Plvlp0

63. jetsssuck says:

Are we the greatest generation of all or what? We figured out the oil crisis, world hunger, space travel, and medical cures to deadly diseases around the world.

Uhhh that’s great, then why are we still fighting over oil?
      Why are there still starving & malnourished children across the world?
      Why haven’t we been back to the moon, or put man past the moon in space?
      Why is cancer, heart disease, diabetes and other diseases still killing people at an alarming rate?

• jetsssuck says:

compared to 30-40 years ago and where and are we now is light years. One of my relatives was in on the first open heart surgeries in the 70’s at jackson memorial hospital as a nurse now a days heart transplants are a pretty common procedure. We haven’t been to the moon but Mars is being explored without anyone in danger of death. We have figured out how to produce enough food for the world populations its only transporting the needed areas that’s a problem. Every failed attempt is a attempt closer to success.

Things have come a long way. most of the obstacles these days is over greed & corruption.

Cruz is a fucking dildo! lol

Cruz gives me the heebie-geebies. I don’t trust that guy at all.

LMAO!!!! The line “A face in need of a good punch” is EXACTLY how I feel about Cruz. That’s some crazy shiot right there.

I have an article ready to go – Anyone here want a new article now, or should I save it for tomorrow?

68. jetsssuck says:

I can understand how you NY’ers feel today with downturned expressions usually signaling disagreeableness or disgust it’s understandable after all the Mets sucked last night and night before playing the Marlins.

I’m frustrated, not gonna lie. My team is in a funk, and I saw it all exhibition season, but hoped we’d snap out of it. It hasn’t happened yet, but thankfully, it’s very early. On the other hand, things can get out of hand fast if they don’t wake up soon.

Same here, but I’m not really concerned. Teams blow great starts and lose ground as the season goes on. Teams start off slow then go on hot streaks. With the pitching staff the Mets have, that usually comes to the forefront. The Mets bats are cold. It won’t stay that way.

69. jetsssuck says:

How about them Oriole’s everything is clicking for them

The Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero reports DeVante Parker tore scar tissue in his foot back in Week 8.
    We never knew the exact nature of Parker’s injury, which caused him to miss the next two games. Parker’s rookie year was an injury-filled mess for the most part, though we saw glimpses of why he was the 14th overall pick last April. He broke his foot at Louisville, required another surgery last summer, and then battled the same foot for much of 2015. Parker should be 100 percent now, but foot problems aren’t to be taken lightly.

71. dbolt48 says:

@RapSheet: #Clemson DE Kevin Dodd is visiting the #Dolphins today, source said. He was recently with the #49ers & #Seahawks.

I like him a lot. Dodd hadn’t played a lot before, but is now ascending like gangbusters. Big man with a ton of skill, picks up technique quickly.
      I like Lawson a lot too. Lawson is 2 years younger & has played more against LT’s. Something to consider.

• dbolt48 says:

Yep. On the surface Dodd seems to have a better pass repertoire because of his hand use and ability to to string moves together. Just my opinion.

• dbolt48 says:

Lawson does have one hell of a spin move & it’d be deadly from the wide 9.

Yes, and Shaq is fierce against the run, great at setting the edge to go along with a pass rush. Either guy would be good. I see them both having a good career.

• dbolt48 says:

Yep

Check out how many 2017 FAs we have. If we don’t have a good season this year, I expect the team to start going in another direction at a lot of positions.

Click on Expires to see it chronologically.

Many of those are camp bodies, guys way down the depth charts, & aging players too.
      I also saw a few that are in prove type deals as well. I’m not overly concerned here.
      We have a good draft & things will start to take care of themselves. We’ll also see movement & churning of that list when the post June 1st cuts occur and TC roster trims happen.

There are plenty of core guys as in players who have been starters as well. My point being if we don’t have a good season this year, we’ll likely let all the guys looking for new contracts walk along with other high priced contracts because we couldn’t win with these players. I expect a large turnover of the roster if that happens.

Ok, I get what you’re saying, but we still have about 8mo before we have to start thinkin about that Skippy. 😉

April 13, 2016 at 11:34 am

oh man. mike come on i beg of you tomorrow. i am exhausted from all the tax data entry i have been doing the last two days. can you give my fingers a break and do it tomorrow it will be so much easier to scroll past tomorrow.

April 13, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Check out how many 2017 FAs we have.

other then wake, and he is coming back from a serious injury, who cares if they lose everyone of those FA’s. talk about reaching for an issue. almost everyone of those can be replaced and no one would notice

I’m saying we’d likely make changes with other high priced players as well. You’re still talking about players who were starting and playing roles. I’m just pointing out that a lot more change then we’ve seen could be coming if we don’t have a successful season.

13: R1P13 OLB DARRON LEE, OHIO STATE
    42: R2P11 OT GERMAIN IFEDI, TEXAS A&M
    73: R3P10 S KEANU NEAL, FLORIDA
    107: R4P9 CB HARLAN MILLER, SE LOUISIANA
    147: R5P8 C GRAHAM GLASGOW, MICHIGAN
    186: R6P11 RB JOSH FERGUSON, ILLINOIS
    227: R7P6 DE JAMES COWSER, SOUTHERN UTAH
    231: R7P10 CB KEVIN PETERSON, OKLAHOMA STATE

mike,
    did you hear the interview with Cruz’s roommate from college? He said he would rather pick someone randomly in the street to become president than Cruz. LOL

He hates cruz. IT seems like everyone that knows him doesn’t like him

Jalen Ramsey is on WFAN with Mike Francesa right now.

Most teams he’s met with view him as a corner. He loves to play special teams. He’s articulate and smart.

GD, you’re using my Skippy now? LOL

‘You’re still talking about players who were starting and playing roles.’

yep, and still talking about players who sucked at their positions. so who cares if they are back or not

tim

if turning over 90% of a roster of a team that for the last 5 years has sucked i dont see that as a big deal but a good deal.

That was just part of the point of my post. I wasn’t saying it’s good or bad, just what I think could happen. I also think we make some cap cuts as along with it and basically start over.

BoulderPhinfan says:
    April 13, 2016 at 1:24 pm
    mike,

He hates cruz. IT seems like everyone that knows him doesn’t like him

Too funny. Did he get to the part about Cruz cross dressing & sneaking into the sorority houses?

Lawson is better for us given he is a true RDE (an yes thats important) and he fits the mold of what we want at the position. Dodd is every bit as talented and he fits us as well but if 13 was choosing between them for us, id be picking Lawson 10 times 10.

83. dbolt48 says:

So Mando said Miami loves MLB BJ Goodson of Clemson. Good breakdown in this article.

April 13, 2016 at 1:33 pm
    Jalen Ramsey is on WFAN with Mike Francesa right now.
    April 13, 2016 at 1:41 pm
    ——————————–
    Man i totally despise FSU and they have a lot of players that have come out of there that are pure thug, but Ramsey to me is about as complete package for a player you can get. He has swagger, but is grounded, he’s articulate and intelligent (as you pointed out), he has a very strong football IQ and great instincts, he’s got athletic talent to back it all up and he brings a toughness and professionalism to being the best he can that is an intangible you cant only hope to find packaged with all the rest of those attributes. He and Hargreaves hold all of those things in common with one another, Ramsey has more versatility and Ramsey has more physical size and Hargreaves has more position specific (CB) skill but otherwise they are mirror images of one another.

I don’t think about Ramsey much because we aren’t going to be getting him. If we wanted something close to the mold of him, it would be Sean Davis…IMO.

dbolt48 says:
    April 13, 2016 at 2:53 pm
    ——————————————–
    There are several guys i would rather go with, and my preference is we get an athletic guy like Jones. However outside Ragland, and Brothers, Goodson is not a bad option compared to others. Im still somewhat on the fence with Matakevich and its probably because im listing to too many people who say he “cant” be great in the NFL over my eyes that says he’s a really solid player, but i still wouldnt rank him much above Goodson. Goodson, Alexander, Matakevich, maybe Schobert pretty much all in that same 3rd – 5th round cluster of potential ILB’s.

• dbolt48 says:

I think Goodson does take on and disengage from blockers better than any of Thor guys mentioned above including Jones. He Diesnt have the extra gear of Jones. I personally still like Burgess a lot more than all the guys on that list, but I’m the outlier😆

• BoulderPhinfan says:

from his college roomate

Craig Mazin ✔ ‎@clmazin
      Ted Cruz thinks people don’t have a right to “stimulate their genitals.” I was his college roommate. This would be a new belief of his.

Yeah, didn’t we briefly discuss that above earlier?
      Anywho, I’m not a Cruz fan. He’s a establishment mole backed by the Bush crime family.

Boulder, be careful with that post about Tedildo Cruz. Tim might post his Dicksuit guy again.

GD i still dont know how you think Neal is a 6-7th round guy. He has been on a TON of people radar as possible the best safety in the draft for a while now. Getting an invite to the NFL Draft in itself say not only do people like Mayock think he is a first rounder at least one team has said they would draft him in the first. Thats how they determine whom to invite to that, they have to have a potential to be drafted in the first. I personally for us would not draft him at 13, if we traded back late in the first, like people have purposed for us with Denver, if definitely consider him at 31, though i do believe safety position for us isnt a dire need at this point.

Huh? Where did I say he’s a 6-7th rd guy? I know he started out there due to injury concerns I think. He’s not a real ballhawk type, but he’s now moved up most people’s boards it seems. I wouldn’t take him until day 2 at the earliest…IMO.

GD, you really want to see that dicksuit don’t you.

88. Al in MIA says:

D,
    Nfldraftscout has Neal with a 2nd RD draft projection and rate him as their #49th overall player available in the draft (#2 FS behind Ramsey). Nfldraftscout’s 5 year average for getting the top 100 players correct (those drafted top 100) is 82%; last year it was 82%.

I got ya, but again, im not saying this as opinion….he was invited to the draft which means there is at least one team who would draft him in the first…. thats the rule with whom they invite, if he wasnt potentially a 1st round select, he wouldnt be there.

89. Al in MIA says:

I don’t think the Dolphins can afford to go high with that kind of position; especially with some attractive value picks that should be available in the 5th RD or so.

Sean Davis (Maryland) & Justin Simmons (Boston College) seem like prime candidates (both showed elite 3-cone times and good to great vertical jump ability in tests)….throw in Tyvus Powell (Ohio State) as well (tall & fast).
    I like Deon Bush from Miami as well for late RD or so.
    DJ Hunter from Marshall I’m trying to get more info on…this guy has ELITE speed. Clocked in a 4.38 40 time at his pro day but did so with a 1.45 sec 10 yard split (for perspective, Chris Johnson’s 40 split on his 4.2X sec 40 time was 1.40).

• Al in MIA says:

Hunter also jumped 39+ ” on his vertical …here’s the rest of his profile

Al i doubt very well we go safety anywhere near 1st, i was stating it more as a refute to GD’s 6-7th statement. I think he is a really good safety, and yes, second to Ramsey as a FS. Im pretty sure safety isnt high on our draft list.

I do think though you are looking at the wrong type of S for us, we have Jones as a FS and if im picking up anything they have been laying down from who they targeted in FA and who they were looking at as far as draft interviews and workouts, id guess they were looking more for a box saftey or one with strong ability against the run, an agressive tackler with decent ball skills. I dont think they are looking for a true FS or coverage safety, because we have a damn good one already,

GDP, this was what i was replying to
    ————————-
    getterdone says:
    April 12, 2016 at 7:48 pm

A lot of guys have been low projections only to rise later in the draft process. That’s what I saw. I didn’t say that was my personal feelings.
      Besides where he goes, I’m more high on the Terp Sean Davis & Justin Simmons out of BC.

Al, did you see my post about hearing Ramsey say on the radio today that most teams he talked with see him as a corner?

Tim, you were right. I too thought it had to be something up for NE to cut loose of their 1sr rd pick so Easley (typo pun intended).

CBS Sports Insider Jason La Canfora reports the Patriots decision to release DT Dominique Easley was off-field related.
    It’s not clear what Easley is dealing with off the field, but his release wasn’t a “pure performance/football matter.” There’s rumors Easley’s rehab from chronic knee issues also played a role in his release. Easley was highly effective when healthy last year, grading as a top-20 interior pass rusher across 275 snaps. The Patriots will lose $400K in dead money if he isn’t claimed and signs with another team.

Yeah it couldn’t just be because he missed some games with injuries in just 2 seasons.

Lots of DT’s in this draft for the Pats to look at.

Ive heard they are really high on Chris Jones from Miss State, though since Jones was also invited to the draft, they arent the only ones because they dont have a 1st round pick for it to be them thats interested in taking him in the first.

I love Dominic Easly as a player, he was crazy good from UF, super high motor,etc and his injury just has really hampered him living up to it in the NFL. His potential is through the roof and id take him in as a potential DE/DT hybrid since he can play pretty much every technique on the DL. Id take a shot on him, he isnt going to cost much to sign.

We can stash him in our infirmary with Ifo, Wake, & others. 🙂

Easley is possibly one of my favorite UF players all time. Go watch college highlights from him, he is just a dynamic player, crazy high motor, infact i dont know if there have been others quite as pumped about play the game as i have seen in him. He is part of a class of DL at UF that just were loaded with talent. Easly, then Fowler Jr, Bullard, they all hybrid DE/DT’s each one of them infectious with their love for playing. Easly got hurt a couple times in college the more severe one occuring his senior year and i think he re-injured it couple times since coming into the NFL. Fowler injured himself in TC last year. I hope same fate doesnt hit Bullard, especially if we wind up landing him.

I like your guy Sean Davis, i have been touting him after watching him at Senior Bowl. I actually have begun likeing the idea of him as a CB selection for us as well. I dont normally like the idea of a guy transitioning from it but i think Davis could do it and i think he would be a pretty good press-zone CB,

15 more days seems like an eternity lol.

dont you guys just hate those annoying kiss cams at sporting events

D says:
    April 13, 2016 at 5:29 pm

That’s awesome man. Yes, I think Davis can transition and play CB for us. He’s that physical press guy VJ seems to want.
    Maryland had Davis play CB his senior year after his previous 3 as both SS/FS. The need was there at CB in 2015 for the Terps, so he was the most athletic guy to handle the move. He had some rough spots last year there, but who wouldn’t.
    I think VJ & staff can coach him up in coverage techniques. He already has that vicious thumper part of the game down in run support .

It’s hard enough to play CB, so unless you’re talking about a project like Lippett, then I say no, even though the Lippett project seems to be a success.

Good thing I went to ESPN first… We’re apparently showing interest in CBs, who would’ve thunk it 😉

James Walker is not exactly antagonistic like Omar is with fans

But he is just empty

I get nothing from reading anything he writes

lol @ Brian.

that better not get deleted. i mean it is a simple kiss. what kind of judgemental blog is this. women should be free to express themselves in public just like any other couple. i mean it isnt like i was talking about anal rodents. 🙂

April 13, 2016 at 7:37 pm

James Walker is not exactly antagonistic like Omar is with fans

But he is just empty

I get nothing from reading anything he writes

why do you keep reading then. i just dont get that, i mean after i saw my second july roberts movie i knew better then to ever watch horse face again.

besides piggy, i get all my fin news from this site and this one alone. you guys do a wonderful job of putting out information….well not that mike e guy. he just gives my finger scrolling exercise

Sometimes these reporters have something that is actually news worthy about the team. But it’s their commentary on stuff as if they were scouts that are weak, and like Dbolt said they just repackage something old and you realize that once you start reading.

• dbolt48 says:

Piggy just enjoys having that “I just stepped in a pile of dog shit in my flip flops” look on his face, so he continues reading Jimmy’s stuff.

Lippett could be a real sleeper this year. He should be way ahead of where he was as a rookie and he’s got that length about him that can mirror Maxwell on the other side in our press/Cover 3 which is having the corners play on the LOS in press or dropping 5 yards and protecting the perimeter with a deep center field safety and 8 in the box with the other safety. The 3 LBs and the box safety are responsible for the short and medium middle. Let the 4 man pass rush ‘wide 9’ pressure the backfield. The 8 in the box is already there to stop the run. LB or the box safety can blitz too.

It’s very similar to what Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt ran with Madison and Surtain. It’s a classic 4-3 scheme where the front 4 disrupts the back field and LBs and the box safety clean up with the corners and a deep safety contesting the perimeter and deep middle. But with a more aggressive nature than playing off man so often.

The James Walker font pulls me in

I think its Times New Roman….its hypnotic

I really expect the Titans to trade down on Day 1. They’ll pass on Tunsil, but still get a protector for Mariota’s blindside in Stanley or Conklin…IMO.

Way to go out on a limb 😉 You must’ve read the same report I did that said at least 2 teams want to trade up to #1.

April 13, 2016 at 8:29 pm
    Isa Abdul-Quddus Answers Fan Questions

OMG! What a CHEAP & CHEESY production. Bring back The Finsiders you idiots!!! SMH!

Rob

I apologize man, I kinda figure you wouldn’t even have time to blog with tax season all hot and heavy

Mike, Don’t worry. FFR will be letting it fly in a few more days.

GD,

Isa has excellent 2015 tape once he finally won over a starting job. His athletic ability is really good, runs well, physical and covers ground. He played college ball at Fordam, he needed next level development.

I’ve been researching why our pro scouting dept. targeted him.

When you mix top athlete with a few years of development and the light goes on, you have a 26 soon to be 27 year old safety who’s reaching his ceiling and in his prime. It took Yeremiah Bell a few years to get his career going.

This sort of thing happens all the time. But during the offseason all anyone thinks about is the new crop from the draft. Players do develop in time. They also were part of a draft class not that long ago.

That’s bullshit Tim, because Omar and Walker said he isn’t an upgrade over Michael Thomas.

He was decent when he got to start last season over the final 8 games. He’s on his 3rd team now & entering his 6th season. Lets see if he can build off last year or if it was an anomaly.
      Lets remember Walt Aikens is also from a small school (Liberty). He’s entering his 3rd year. He’s also 6’1 but a few more lbs @ 208.
      Maybe Gary Shamiel in his 3rd season will flash.

Don’t be surprised if we draft a safety in the mid rounds though, if a BPA type is sitting there…IMO.

Yeah Tim that IAQ interview was BS. Here he is laying the wood:

Check out Roddy (alligator arms) White at the 2:25 mark.

I don’t consider Lippett to be a sleeper candidate, I’ve already penciled him in as a starter. He may give up some big catches here and there, but they better be careful with him, because of his ballhawking skills.

mike

you are kidding right? i dont care how busy i am i always have time to scroll past one of your blogs.

Steve, that was awesome video. Did we sign Michael Jenkins?

Not yet, but the NFL doesn’t release too much free video, so we get what we get. Quddus is an FN hammer, something I don’t ever remember us having on the back end.

GD, Isa was drafted at 21, he’s now 26, have you ever improved in life and at what you do?

Seems like our D is really getting excited about playing in Josephs D. I would wondered, if it had something to do with last yrs scheme, but there’s no one left, so that’s out 😉

AQww, Tim. I didn’t brush it aside dood. I’m just gonna wait & see with Isis. He’s got great athletic skills. Let’s see if he can put it all together on Sunday’s. He should be in a good system for him with VJ & co. That is going to certainly be helpful for him & other on the unit too.

All I’m saying is this is why we targeted him. It gets annoying when all people do is look up stats and say he’s been a STs player his whole career nothing to see here. Okay. LOL

I never mentioned ST once in all the posts about him. Ya got me confused with a hater or something.
        Its a good signing. We need a vet @ safety, & competition there at the very least.
        If all that fails, then he’s one helluva ST player….lol Ooops. 🙂

And Detroit didn’t sign him for the same reason we didn’t sign OV, got an offer that was too high elsewhere. He fits our scheme perfectly and I think he’s going to be real compatible to Jones, which will bring out the best in Jones.

i am willing to bet the fins could sign ryan leaf and tim will find the bright side of that.

Steve

That’s bold. I hope Lippett can show enough during training camp and preseason to be considered, but if we draft a CB early, it will be difiicult for Lippett to see the field IMO

Most CBs don’t excel in their rookie season, even ones drafted high. The San Diego game I went to Lippett was like glue on the SD WRs, none of that BS giving those 10 yrd cushions like Taylor did. We all know he’s going to get picks, so why not let him play?

steve

tim is probably the most level headed one on here all the time but that isnt fun. it is way more fun to bust his balls about it.

Speaking of Jamar Taylor. I still contend that if he isn’t flashing early in camps, then I’d like to see him moved to safety before we cut him. He doesn’t flash there either. bye bye!

Steve

The why no let him play question may be answered if we draft a CB at #13. I’m just being realistic. If we don’t and we take a CB later, i think he has a chance to be in the mix to start. I like Lippett, I really do. I chose as my breakout player last year, he just didn’t get it going last year.

I just went by Markeyhs blog and posted there to say hi

Man does he post a lot!

That highlight reeal makes me wanna sign Malcolm Jenkins….lol

You guys should stop by and say hi

He has some good stuff worth a read

Wow… you guys misconstrue what I say all the time. I’m not predicting glory, I’m stating what I see as the direction the team is moving in. I never said it will result in glory. Oy! LOL

Ok & likewise, you misconstrued that I was down on the guy and he’s nuttin but a St’er….Oy!…LOL

Tim, I like the signing. We passed on Reggie Nelson who had 8 INT’s & played under VJ for a reason. I suspect age. VJ must have liked what he saw in film of Isa.
      Put him in the mix. May the best man win in camp. I suspect he will or else the Phins are out $6M.

April 13, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Wow… you guys misconstrue what I say all the time.

i dont think so. come on. how long have we all been chatting on one blog or another. i think by now we all kind of understand each other. you are the one here who is the ultimate optimist. you always look for the good in things. well unless you are a squirrel in a tree. but you always look for the positive in things. piggy always looks for how to insert an anal dwelling rodent and mike e always is trying to find a way of making me scroll past a blog.

i think by now we all get each other. this is like the dolphin version of Cheers, well that is if i get to be Carla otherwise fuck you guys.

speaking of us all. havent seen stanger around in a while. anyone know if he is okay?

No idea. Last I heard he was going to be back n forth from Lauderdale & Connecticut to handle his dad’s estate etc.
      Hope he’s ok.

getter,

thanks. i hope he is too.

Guys, not one time did I call out anyone specifically in a general way. If I did I addressed you personally. When I make a general statement it simply means my general view of the team is my own and not a criticism of anyone else.

I may sometimes cite examples of why I think we as fans are overlooking a player but I try to provide intel to back it up.

For example Maxwell, Lippett, Alonso, Hewitt and someone else might make our team look very different and better without the draft in 2016.

At 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 and 6-10 you need a change. 🙂

Oh the team is changing. Gase is the pinnacle of that change.
      Then in FA, we’ve added and subtracted in order to make effective change. The draft will be Adam Gase’s first. I look forward to it and what he & his staff does with it.

FFR, you’re Cliff and I’m nobody. LOL

tim

oh no no no, i am not cliff. i dont profess to be the now it all here. i think piggy gets that role. not that piggy is the know it all but best fit for the role. i dont think anyone really fits cliff. you are more diane. the one who finds the everything good about every thing. i can handle carla, the one who hates everyone and makes fun of everyone but by no means the know it all. stanger can be frazier, the one always finding why we say things and figuring us all out. mike e is more sam i mean he is the pitcher of the crowd and the smartest of us all.

getter gets to be lilith. the goody two shoes of us all

I’m Woody. You saw my corny country video above. I’m Getterdone. humble & not always too innocent. Selectively dumb but always crafty inside.

BTW, what’s with your obsession with men being women? Trying to tell us something Carla?

A little baseball stuff. The Mets 5 young pitchers have never been together to start a season until 2016 (now) – with Syndergaard, Harvey, deGrom, Matz and eventually Wheeler. Colon rounds out the rotation. Scary potential.

Mock the Mets at 3-5, remember those pitchers. Over a long season they will be the difference.

April 13, 2016 at 11:05 pm

A little baseball stuff.

yeah. here. the fucking rays suck.

okay here baseball stuff. i dont really at the mlb level coaching helps. but my god, no matter who the rays bring in to hit they cant. no matter what they did before, then the leave the rays and can hit again. so it is either coaching or the trop that hinders their hitting.

so a question to you all experts. does a hitting coach really effect a mlb player. i mean by then does a coach matter or can it be the trop and harder to hit in. the rays have always always always been about pitching and defense. it has to be some reason no one on that team can hit 300

135. jetsssuck says:

Kobe 15 points in 1st quarter during his last game.

FFR, forget me being a Mets fan, Toronto had Noah Syndergaard and Travis d’Arnaud in their system but traded them to the Mets for R.A. Dickey off a Cy Young season as a premier knuckle baller. They were going for a championship. They seem to have traded a pitcher they messed up with letting go. Just saying,

I’m trying to share the same thoughts with Dolphins. 🙂

137. jetsssuck says:

they were just talking about kobe’s achilles injury 4-5 yrs s ago. They said he never regained his explosiveness.

getter,

you are way to smart to be woody. but you even saying woody is beyond you.

and you have a problem with men being women. i mean come on, i get to go into ladies restrooms. no fucking idea why i would want too but come on 21st century ok for men to be women women to be men. i mean come on, a woman is going to be president

ok i am out. going back to fucking suck ass bite my ass stupid ass tax returns for few hours. you all have a good night.

GD, we didn’t even try for Nelson, we tried for Iloka and then got Abdul as our fall back. I have been saying this is to me a clear sign at safety instead of our former defense our safeties will be more true FS and SS roles than the two hybrid types we wanted for previous scheme. Jones is already a good FS I think we are looking more for in the box skills over ballhawking.