What’s up with our defense?

Vance Joseph

“Both win,” Joseph told me. “And I’ve been a 3-4 guy most of my career. But when you come to a place like this and see the defensive personnel you’ve got, and, in my opinion, it’s not broken, you can’t all of a sudden go to 34 where you have to re-draft to a defense. That takes time. That takes too much time.

“And I don’t want to be a guy who as a coordinator, I’m a 34 guy with 43 personnel driven team. I’m not going to say, ‘Well, let’s change it,’ and set us back two or three years. That’s not smart in my opinion. That’s not coordinating. If this team had 34 personnel, we’d be a 34 defense. I can do both. For me, it’s not a big deal to be a 34 or 43 defense, it’s just numbers. It would be a shame to come to a place that’s close to being good on defense and then flip it, then you’re three years away again. I didn’t want to do that.”

Then there’s this  from VJ

“Absolutely,” he said. “Because in spurts last year, you could see they put up good stats against good people. But in spurts they also didn’t look very good. But it wasn’t because of effort or I wouldn’t say even scheme. I don’t know what it was. You watch the film and they did some really good things last year. A couple of games it got out of whack. But between Cam and those guys, you have good, solid NFL players here. So we’re capable of playing good defense. And I expect we’ll play good defense.”

OK, so I’m going to get the 800 LB gorilla in the room out of the way right now, because you know my feelings on one Mr. Suh, but heading into free agency and the draft, besides having your defensive centerpiece who happens to be a 4-3 DT, what else about our defense mandated that we’re a 4-3 defense?  I’ll tell you, nothing.  We began to fill in our roster before the draft with a bunch of 4-3 DE’s, adding to what we already had in Cam Wake, who we obviously believe is going to be a force with the contract extension.

NFL: Miami Dolphins at Tennessee Titans

Dolphins building blocks DT Ndamukong Suh and DE Cam Wake

Let’s look at the timeline . . .

We cut DE Quinton Coples 2/16.  Not that Coples is a franchise player, but at 6’5″ 290, ideal for playing 3-4 DE.  Coples, still on his rookie contract was due $1.75M this season, and was a $3M cap hit. We signed on 3/8,  DE Mario Williams, who last year was miscast as an OLB in the 3-4 defense, and is better suited as a 4-3 DE. We then on 3/9 make the trade for CB Byron Maxwell, and LB Kiko Alonso, for the price of moving back just 5 spots in the 1st RD, from #8 to #13.  A very good trade if the 2 aforementioned players play well and start for the Dolphins this season.  VJ got his big CB, but Alonso is clearly a 4-3 MLB or OLB, not a 3-4.  The reason I point this out, is because VJ determined what kind of personnel we acquired, so in essence, him saying we had 4-3 personnel was really saying Suh is a 4-3 DT, and we’re going to build around that.  I’m not going to hide my feelings on that, you know where I stand, and hopefully, it works out.

After the trade for Maxwell and Alonso, we continued to sign 4-3 DE’s, starting on 3/17 with DE Andre Branch (6’5″ 265).  We then re-signed LB Spencer Paysinger, who is a special teams and depth player. On 4/5, we signed the just waived by the Browns CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (5’9″ 195).  On 4/18, we signed DT Chris Jones (6’1″ 295), waived by the New England Patriots.  Ekpre-Olomu not the prototypical CB VJ likes, but Chris Jones, fits the smaller, quicker, penetrating type of 4-3 DT he prefers.

Then came the draft, and despite the fact many of us, not of all of us expected some help for the defense, the only major defensive pick was 2nd RD CB Xavien Howard (6’0″ 201).  In the 6th RD, we picked up hybrid (CB/S) Jordan Lucas (6’0″ 201), again, prototypical size for what VJ is looking for, bigger cornerbacks.  The rest of the draft, 6 picks in total, went towards the offense.  I’ll talk about that next week, but for now, let’s stay focused on the defense.

So, pre-draft free agency came and went, and the actual draft is over too, so the only thing left now is post-draft free agency, where any player signed does NOT count against next years compensatory pick entitlement. It appears that our first target is DE Jason Jones (6’5″ 272).  Once again, adding veterans to our D-line.  We will not be relying on younger players in our d-line rotation, that much is clear.  On the back end of the defense, that’s a different story, but it’s clear our D-line rotation will be veteran, sprinkled in with some youth.  There is no official depth chart right now, but this is how I see it.

Base 4-3 defense

LB – Kiko Alonso

LCB – Byron Maxwell

RCB – Xavien Howard

NB – Bobby McCain

S – Reshad Jones

S – Isa Abdul-Quddus

I could see Chris Jones in the nickel package as a DT, but for now, I’m going to give the edge to Phillips.  I could also see Neville Hewitt being a nickel LB, so that’s possible too.

I know it sounds like I don’t approve of the way we went about creating our defense, mostly because we built it around a DT who will earn over $100M when his contract is finished.  While I didn’t agree with the move, he’s here, and he’s one of the best players in the NFL, but I think he can be better than he was for us last season, and I think he’ll need to be if we’re going to contend for the playoffs.  As I mentioned, we have a strong veteran presence on our defense, but there is a young man who none of us are counting on, but if he comes in with the right attitude, continues to work hard, and then the kicker, actually gets reinstated by Goodell and the NFL, Dion Jordan be a factor for us.  We all hope that’s the case

As far as the linebackers and secondary, it’s going to be very interesting to see if the gambles paid off with the trade for Maxwell and the draft choice of Xavien Howard, or possibly the emergence of Tony Lippett.  Will Isa be the safety we’ve been looking for to complement Reshad Jones?  Was Kiko Alonso the missing cog that takes our LB corps to a higher level?  If the answers to both of those questions is yes, the Dolphins should be an exciting team to watch this year, especially with what we’ve done with the offense.  Stay tuned next week when I discuss the offense.

1,242 Responses to What’s up with our defense?

I was thinking about the Colts offense back in the day that Gase has said he sort of hijacked along with Christensen and I remember they used a lot of stretch plays in the running game. Both Ajayi and Drake should excel there.

2. jetsssuck says:

I have a friend who is from DR who got a full ride to a college because he was a basketball player who was 7 foot plus and 310 lbs. He wasn’t very good but he averaged 20-25 minutes game in college. Well, this guy was treated like a king and he always has great stories. He tells me how he would get spending money by selling his new shoes which he could get everyday if he wanted plus he would sell his meal pass to students who would actually bring dates to. He used to go into town and get comped meals and get seating to the most exclusive restaurants without reservations. Car s borrowed from car dealerships. He told me it was the best time of his life.

Dominican Republic?

…”he’d get money selling his shoes which he could everyday if he wanted”.
      Just how big a market could there be for shoes from a 7 foot plus 310 guy? lol

• jetsssuck says:

he could any size he wanted. I asked him same question also

He should be in jail then according to your previous stance on Tunsil.

• jetsssuck says:

tunsil went too far in asking for money especially from a coach. Who knows other stuff that was not reported. Asking or shaking down has to be asked in his situation.So I have to guess it wasn’t a squekly clean program. Three years in row that school had top 15 recruiting class.

jetsssuck, how about Tunsil was offered money? Now you’re saying he shook them down? LOL

He was an elite athlete on their team, they get treated differently. You’re making it sound like he’s a gangster and how exactly would he shake down a university?

• jetsssuck says:

coaches get contracts to produce don’t they? You think players play hurt when they know they have a nfl contract waiting? It happens all the time but taking money from a coach is a big question mark on a guys character.

I don’t see it that way at all. You seem to want to railroad Tunsil. A coach helping keep the heat and lights on for a poor family is not a bad thing in my eyes. People help people in life. The NCAA is the problem.

Ole Miss wasn’t anywhere near a squeaky clean program

But I don’t judge the players for that
    I can’t look down at a player for asking for $ to pay his mother’s utility bill

I’m more likely to applaud Tunsil for asking for money then scold him

I applaud him too….wasn’t like he asked for money to spend on Bling….he wanted to get his Mama’s light bill paid….it gets hot in the summers down south.

jetsssuck says:
    May 20, 2016 at 12:27 pm (Edit)

Would it have been better for you if he stole the money to help his mother? Mayb he should have dropped out of school to get a job to help her.

• jetsssuck says:

maybe if the mother got help from her boyfriend or some where else.How can 2 working adults working not afford to pay a utility bill. If that is case most utility companies have budget billing. It speaks volumes concerning the families character if she asked him for the money. Is it possible this happened before?

WOW!

Man, you only see it one way and act like Tunsil’s situation is unprecedented. At the end of the day, the coach or someone in the school is the one in the wrong based on NCAA rules, not ethics. Helping people survive is not usually looked at as a character flaw. I think you’re alone in this debate for all the wrong reasons.

• herdfan says:

Was there a boyfriend or whoever to help with bills ? I know nothing of this story so I’d be interested to know if there was one or if you’ve made an assumption. And yes 2 WORKING adults can have trouble making ends meet. Do you watch the news? The economy sucks right now to a lot of people.

• jetsssuck says:

yes, there was a boyfriend and plus he has a brother Alex. 2 working adults should not have any problem paying utilty bills. If that is case they should live in section 8 public housing and receive government help. State minimum wage is around 8 bucks a hour.

Well said!!! Guess what, the Tunsil’s don’t have that problem anymore. 🙂

Apparently these kids never come from any ghetto’s….smh

• herdfan says:

It’s probably the biggest reason these young players end up broke or in trouble. They’ve had nothing their whole lives and then have big money at their disposal. They have no idea how to handle it.

Exactly….that’s why we see more & more how financial planners are offered at the rookie symposiums, as well as other life coaches for these young guys.
        I wish I had that at my disposal back then.

• jetsssuck says:

yes, that is probably so plus they have all the free time where in college they had structured life’s designed for them by school program.

Northeast folks,
    I’m taking the wife to manhattan in June. What are some non touristy things I should look into doing? My wife has never been so we will be doing all the normal junk, but I was hoping for some cool off the path ideas that were low cost/ unique. Things to do, Places to eat and stuff like that.

I didn’t think low cost & Manhattan could ever be associated.

Just take in the big city. Not sure how many things I could suggest at low cost. The weather is getting nice here so there is Central Park, you can go on a day cruise (a few hours) on the Hudson, there are tons of great bars and restaurants, shows, Times Square just for the crazy atmosphere.

Piggy is probably your best tour guide, he lives there. 🙂

Piggy likes to waller in the gutters, so that’s a very low cost thing to do….lol

I’ve been spending most of my time getting out of the city lately

but here are a few suggestions
      1. Go to Central Park. Its free to walk in the park. Its huge. Its beautiful. There is a ton of entertainment inside the park. You can watch a ton of cool things: shakepeare in the park, concerts, acrobats performing and this weirdo

2. Check /out the high line
      its basically another park. Its built on an old railroad track. Its fairly new. Check out their website

3. Are you guys foodies? Check out Chelsea Market:

4. Ride the subway. Don’t be scared of it. People spend a fortune on cabs. The subway will get you everywhere. And its sometimes an adventure. I’ve seen fighting, nakedness, wierdos and some of the worst smelling people of my life on the subway. FUN FUN FUN!

5. Go to Brooklyn. I’m sure Mike E and Bat will tell you its not what it used to be. And its not – but it can be fun for a visit. There is a lot of new development. The architecture in parts of Brooklyn is some of the best in the city. Prospect Park is bigger and better than Central Park. Coney Island is kinda gross but can be kinda of fun. Brooklyn Bridge Park the new park http://www.brooklynbridgepark.org/events. Don’t know much about it. BAM http://www.bam.org/ is an incredible cultural center.

6. Walk around. walk around anywhere. Its fun. There is always something. I hate time square. if you want to avoid touristy stay away from time square. But I’m sure it can be fun.

7. http://www.lincolncenter.org/ The Lincoln center has a ton of events. And the upper west side where it is located is very nice. The buildings around it are really nice. You can see opera, ballet and dance at the Lincoln center on a regular basis. I don’t know if Broadway is your thing (its not mine) but I think when tourists see a show in NYC they think Broadway – but there is other stuff like events at the Lincoln center worth checking out.

8. Its relatively boring, but I have seen a few people check out the courts downtown to go look at the steps of the Supreme Court where they always film law and order. If you go on the right day you may even see a victorious pig walking down the stairs.

9. want to bore yourself to death while your wife spends all your money. Go to Soho and check out the shopping.

You will never be able to do all these things
      There’s a ton to do

8. jetsssuck says:

getterdone says:
    May 20, 2016 at 12:37 pm
    ——————————-
    did you see the bling on him during the nfl draft. His shoes were valued over 10k because of the diamonds.

He bought them on the cheap from your 7foot friend from DR.

• jetsssuck says:

I don’t think so. My friend washed out playing pro ball in Europe and now is a manager at Party City. Took him 6 years to go from asst. to mgr. He was only making 14 bucks a hour as asst mgr but worked 56 hour weeks and he was paid hourly plus he makes bonus’.

Yeah every top prospect had that because they know a big payday is coming. They have agents now. Once declared for the draft, none of that matters.

jetsssuck says:
    May 20, 2016 at 1:09 pm (Edit)

Wowweee. 8 whole dollars an hour? And you have to pay for housing and food and clothing and transportation and medical. And on and on. Arrogant much?

He’s digging a really deep hole with all of this and I’m not sure why he’s going there. After all his Mom has a boyfriend with a friend named Alex. LOL

• jetsssuck says:

8 dollars a hour times two is 16 bucks a hour. Plus,I didn’t say that is what they made as working adults. They could have very well have made more considering the economy has improved in recent years. People who can’t survive on 16 bucks an hour have alternatives like renting with another, getting second jobs, and budgeting their money better. Medical is most likely paid with medicaid or Obamacare. Food stamps from gov’t if their income is below standards. Don’t tell me one can’t survive making 16 dollars a hour between two people. It’s doable.

I’ve been to New York a few times and did all the usual things. My wife hasn’t and is more interested in those things where you show up to snap a picture and look for a few minutes and leave. You know, stuff that usually gets blown up by aliens in movies. I didn’t know if there were some neighborhoods that we should see more than others.

Museums are cheap, usually just a donation.

Soho is always cool and there are parts of Brooklyn now that have really cool restaurants and bars etc as well.

OMG on the talk about squeaky clean! No college with athletics is squeaky clean, same as a politician. Morals, politicians, college, ncaa, business, should never be used in a sentence together, unless it’s one like this. Some of you guys are a little naive.

Show me someone running any of these thats squeaky clean and I’ll show you a schmuck. You can put Philbin in the schmuck category too. Even Shula wasn’t squeaky clean.

I also have some friends from up there that have given me suggestions but wanted to leave no stone unturned.

Some of the financial issues with athletes has to do with having to give free rides for people.

SB

Make sure you get some pizza. Best pizza in the world, and make sure you go to Wo Hop in Chinatown too, but you have to eat downstairs. Just walk around midtown, there are so many cool places to see.

Pizza under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Oh, and Mike E wouldn’t tell you not to got to Brooklyn. If you do, go to Totonno’s pizzeria in Coney Island, or L&B Spumoni Gardens. Totonno’s used a to be a da best, so I’m a sure it’s a still pretty good. Go to the original Nathans in CI, and go on the Wonder Wheel.

SB I left a big list above

also forgot to mention the west side on the Hudson
    its very pretty
    I cycle there occasionally

I’m going to have to re-watch some Anthony Bourdain on netflix. I know he had a few shows with non touristy places.

As for food
    I tend to like the Lower East Side
    Brooklyn always has great food too
    Queens too
    Bourdain did a Chinatown special but I’m pretty sure you have to know how to dins those places

18. jetsssuck says:

got to go..Remember a zebra has permanent stripes.Good talking with everyone

Steve I never ate there (pizzeria under the Brooklyn Bridge) I only recommend places I’ve actually eaten in.

You can check out a lot of the city on a bike

and now the city rents them for cheap

Don’t ride through times square unless you have a death wish

but along the west side or east side – preferably the west side – there is no traffic
    the bike lanes are seperated from the traffic
    some asshole always manages to crash though

Now I want to check out my own city
    I’m going to Ridgewood NJ tomorrow
    Is that near you Mike and Tim

Not too far from Tim, and really close to my nephew Phil, who you’ve met. He lives in North Bergen

• sb7mvp says:

Does your nephew live in Punxsutawney, PA?

Your nephew is way east and south of there on the river side. Ridgewood is in the north middle of Bergen County heading into the hills and closer to Passaic County.

About a half an hour north of me. I wouldn’t refer to it as a city though, it’s a town. It’s in the same county I grew up in. It’s a wealthy town and has a nice strip of shops, cafes and such on Ridgewood Ave. which is a main road. It’s a bit clicky and a snooty town as well, at least it was when I would go there. The surrounding towns are nice too but it’s very suburban, not city like.

SB7, there is also the Guggenheim Museum, it didn’t take Art Vandelay very long to design it. LOL

^sorts assholes^

Tunsil will be the biggest colossal bust ever drafted says every jestssucks in america.

SB

FWIW, and that ain’t much, I don’t think you’re any kind of asshole. My nephew Phil is actually from Brooklyn, he’s no groundhog. lol

Is that right? Just shows you how much I know about north Jersey. lol

Central Park hosts an all-female, naked production of The Tempest
    11 women admirably ditch their costumes to promote body freedom and free expression

Piggy, do you know how to get to Ridgewood? It depends on if you’re driving, riding a bike or a zip line. LOL

Piggy, just remember Saturdays heading into NJ from the city can have a lot of traffic due to NY peeps looking to shop at the malls in Paramus which is how you have to go to get to Ridgewood. The earlier the better. Noon time and after could be a real clusterfuck.

Isn’t it odd that North Bergen is the most southeast part?

Not sure why it was named that but probably from a long time ago. It’s an old river town albeit way up on the cliffs. He lives off the Hudson River divide. He’s closer to Hoboken and Jersey City heading south than Ridgewood heading northwest.

the Tempest starts in 10 mins
    GDP you should have posted that an hour ago
    Now I got to scramble to get to Central Park

this is how

Piggy, if you’re taking rte 4 west off the GW to rte 17 north to Ridgewood which is the most direct way you can go, if you’re hungry stop at The Fireplace Restaurant for great burgers, fries, onion rings, milkshakes etc. right on the exit for Ridgewood Ave. and Oradell Ave. You want to go over 17 heading west even though it will be called E. Ridgewood Ave. as it travels west. LOL

Sorry Piggy, but if you hurry there’s still a few holes in the fence unoccupied, that or you might have to share one.

May 20, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Make sure you get some pizza. Best pizza in the world….Oh, and when Hulk from CT comes on in a few and says CT’s pizza is better, he’s effing wrong! lol
    —————

Since as a guy from Florida, figured I’d put in an objective opinion on this. Did a lot of research and the answer was debatable at least. From all the critics the answer was one of these three.

38. Al in MIA says:

Jetssuck,
    It’s easy to trash Tunsil’s character given you had it nice growing up and weren’t in a position of power to command it from someone else.
    Tunsil, as one of the best players on the team, used his position to leverage some money to pay for his mom’s bare minimum living expenses (electric/water bills).
    It’s not ‘right’ for some but to me he’s in a tough situation and many of us probably would have done similar things instead of watch someone live without basic living conditions.
    As for your story on your friend, this goes on everywhere and even at the HS level.
    I grew up in an lower side of middle class area of Miami and knew baseball guys in my block who got equipement and new shoes often from coaches who used it as means to get those guys to play at their High School (the gifting process I saw started in Khoury League which is like up to 13-14 years old).
    It’s not right but the NCAA is a big money making machine and they are pretty hypocritical about promoting “student”-atheletes but at the same time keeping the athletics in FSB profitable to only the biggest schools (they screw over schools like Boise State who as public institutions have as much right to play in major bowl games as any other big school).
    Just read this on Ohio State’s money making

Stanger

One day we’re going to hit Pepe’s, before Brian graduates. I love a the way they a call it Apizza.

Not sure if it is to your taste but Pepe’s white clam is always rated as one of the very top single pies in the country. Even if doesn’t sound that good…..maybe get like a medium of that and another with whatever toppings sound better just to say you’ve tried it.

Yeah, I’ve seen that their white clam is their signature pie. Not sure that’s my deal, but I’d try a slice of it.

40. Al in MIA says:

My dad’s 1st cousin lives in Ridgewood. Nice area.
    Her husband is an exec for Time Warner in one of their divisions.

Very nice wealthy town. Bergen County is one of the wealthiest counties in the country. NYC is just across the river.

Stanger, however my friend and I who is also a Phins fan used to drive to Stamford back in the day hoping to see Marino and the Phins play the Pats – hoping we were far enough into NE for that feed. It was. 🙂

And that is about where you started to get it, And it was from a Hartford station……depended on the weather if it came in. Makes you a good fan though for making the trip.

We also knew a guy from town who was a Pats fan even earlier than that who used to drive to Stamford, that’s where we got the idea from – he would park in a Burger King parking lot eating and listening to the game on the radio, before bars had those big dishes. You do what you gotta do. LOL

42. Al in MIA says:

Speaking of traffic and NYC….
    I still have horrific memories of driving into the city from the turnpike….sometimes it takes 1 hr just to go 1.5 miles to the entrance of the tunnels

May 20, 2016 at 3:03 pm

i always found the small white clam more meeting my needs.

They’re going to take down the Tappan Zee soon, building a new one right next to it.

45. Al in MIA says:

I was never into the tomato pies but livining next to Trenton, I was able to make it to DeLorenzo’s (both Tomato Pies and the other pizza place by same name that is owned by a different family) original locations before they closed down (re-opened in other towns).

46. Al in MIA says:

Stanger,
    Isn’t Coal Fired pizza more common in CT? I think Brooklyn has some famous joints too no?
    To me coal fired > brick oven or other cooking methods. I love Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza (only coal-fired option for me where i live).

Coal fired and brick over they are cept for for the new fangled “Modern Apizza,” wich is oil fired….but then that was born as the Yuppie alternative.

Never ate at Anthony’s even if I have one a few miles away…..but you know where they got their method from (although by that just Northeast). And yeah Brooklyn has a few New Haven wannabees as well. 🙂

47. Al in MIA says:

Speaking of New Haven…
    I went there a few times but that place that claims to be the first burger place in the US was always closed when I went through New Haven LOL.

48. Al in MIA says:

FFR,
    LMAO at your sexual innuendos

State minimum wage is around 8 bucks a hour.

WOW! That much huh? $320.00 per week before taxes. a whole $240.00 per week after taxes! Why cant these irresponsible fuckers pay their bills? SMH

Man! dumb shits can’t make ends meet on 960.00 per month!

OH and “around 8 dollars” is more like 7.65, but who is counting?

Do you know why NYC folks come to NJ on Saturdays to shop? No sales tax on clothes and Bergen County which has a ton of shopping has blue laws – no shopping on Sundays except for food and a few other essential products. So Saturday becomes a shit show on the main roads and highways. Those of us who grew up around it always said stay away from there midday anywhere near Paramus.

Then they all retire and move to Miami cause their is no state income tax, among other reasons. Only thing they leave behind is the pizza.

Much of the time it is tired of the cold weather and snow. When’s the last time you shoveled? LOL

Answer would be 2006……but that was one of the reasons I ditched my house for an apartment where people shoveled for me. Did a lot of push outs during the 3+ feet DC got in Snowmaggedon 2010 though.

Pepe’s Pizza rules

Louie’s Lunch makes an awesome burger but don’t ask for ketchup

May 20, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Do you know why NYC folks come to NJ on Saturdays to shop?

alex, what is they are lost.

Unfortunately they know exactly where they’re going and why. It’s all the malls and shopping all along the way. Paramus the town is basically a mall. LOL

They have nice neighborhoods as well and pay low property taxes because of that industry.

Pittsburgh has some really good Italian food as well. Certain parts of that town is very heavy and old school Italian. I remember visiting there once and a friend took me to a part of town that was densely Italian and we went to this restaurant for what they considered some of the towns best Italian food. When we go in to the restaurant its old and dimly lit, and there was a big long table in the back part of the restaurant and people sat around it with one large man at the head of the table. Swear to god i thought i was in a remake of the godfather, and the Italian food was the best ive ever had anywhere.

Go where the folks who eat the food eat. Used to walk through China town looking through the windows for the eating spot with the most Asian faces in it. It’s a good rule of thumb.

I spent 3 hours on the Tappen Zee bridge this last October!

It can be the worst. 287 to 95 NE.

I used to drive up to the Tappen Zee to avoid the GW…….can’t see worse than that, especially when the Bruckner is clogged all the way through the Bronx.

Gase looks like Tunsil just shook him down for some money…

Stanger, 10 years, I rest my case. 😉

You got me Tim. I moved down here cause both the taxes are lower and the weather is better.

But just to be fair, the cost of living is lower too and the girls know that bikini weather is all year round and act their lives accordingly.

So yeah — shouldn’t have just gone to the taxes.

The three hours wasn’t what it took to get across the Tappen Zee bridge. That is the amount of time I sat stopped in one place in the middle of the bridge. I never found out why. Traffic sucked but was moving stop n go and then just stopped. 3 hours later it started moving again. Stop stop n go. I tell you, I thought I95 sucked here with ass holes changing lanes, cutting people off, etc. Pffft! Amateur hour compared to driving with the meat heads up there! You better know where your bumper is within 4 inches because that is all the room people up there need to see, their car length plus 4 inches, to slam their cars over in front of you! I aged 10 years in a day driving up there!

Rock — been in the same on that bridge……and that is the one I went too to get less traffic (you hit one of the meltdowns though). NYC area wins on traffic too…….we can’t compete with that.

CAN I GET AN AMEN BROTHERS!?

Although, living in SF most of my life I was not prepared for Charlotte, SC. I was there visiting a job 5-6 weeks ago and OMG did that city have BEAUTIFUL women and the ratio of women to men was like 5 – 1. Not kidding. I asked the Engineer what the hell is going on? and he said what do you mean? I was like the women!! He laughed and said, oh that, I’m married man, but if you are single this is probably the best place in the US to live. He went on to tell me how, for whatever reason, the ratio of women to men is actually higher than 5-1. There was a stunning lady every where I looked.

If we get the project up there I’ve requested to my boss to take a break from estimating and to go and run that project as the Superintendent. Even if I have to take a pay cut for 2 months while the project is being built! LOL

And while I was up there I didn’t get one snooty / snotty look from any of the women like i get down here or in other parts of the country. they all smiled and said hello.

62. Al in MIA says:

Where is Charlotte, SC?

63. Al in MIA says:

D says:
    May 20, 2016 at 3:46 pm

—————–
    Yea that metropolis produced a couple of pretty good NFL eh? Joe Montana & Dan Marino

64. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    LOL @ at that pic.
    Gase looks like he just got done wearing Tunsil’s gas mask 🙂

Oooops fucking auto correct! Charleston SC I didn’t even notice it had changed it.

I probably misspelled it or had fat finger syndrome on my little phone touch board and it changed it up on me.

I just looked it up on the census and the ratio of men to women is only .9 : 1 but it seemed a lot more where I was at!

66. Al in MIA says:

Charleston is suppose to be one of the South’s jewels (no pun intended FFR).
    Architecturally, it is very nice.

I was in Charleston, SC a year + ago. It was cool, nothing I would strive to go to again. I have to say racism still exists there. I saw it with my black sister-in-law. They didn’t like the mixed race thing. I felt bad for her and all she said is I’m used to it.

Stanger:
    Modern Pizza is very good but not as good as Pepe’s and I think the quality has gone down in recent years.

Tim:
    If you ask for ketchup at Louie’s Lunch they will yell at you and they don’t have any

best pizza ever

Video of the Chicago Bears O-line with Adam Gase’s offensive philosophy. Trench play.

72. Al in MIA says:

May 20, 2016 at 4:07 pm

———-

Stanger looking into an Asian restaurant

73. Al in MIA says:

Random guy inside Asian restaurant looking back at Stanger wondering “wtf is that creep doing?”

74. Al in MIA says:

Ken says:
    May 20, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Tim:
    ———-
    From what I’ve seen on TV (a show about the origins of the US hamburger), Loui’s doesn’t believe ketchup should go on a burger and thus does not offer it. They are philosophically against it.

Ken, the Italian sub shop I grew up with – ask for mayo on an Italian sub and they would look to kill you. LOL

76. Al in MIA says:

Ken,
    I haven’t had a chance to eat at Louie’s Lunch as every time I have gone into New Haven, they have been on closed (they take a month I believe at some time of the year and also it appears on random days).
    I want to try Ted’s Restaurant as well (home of the famed steamed hamburger).

77. jetsssuck says:

Rockphin says:
    May 20, 2016 at 3:22 pm
    State minimum wage is around 8 bucks a hour.

Man! dumb shits can’t make ends meet on 960.00 per month!

OH and “around 8 dollars” is more like 7.65, but who is counting?
    ————————————————————
    I don’t think Gov’t takes 25% out of their paychecks we have no state income tax. They are from lake city,fl. Two family members working for minimum wage will bring in at least $1920 a month if we go by your calculations. It’s a livable wage if they make livable choices concerning rent, utilities,food and basic necessities. If they still can’t survive then they could make choices to lower expenses such as getting roommates to share expenses. Oh and this conversation was about Tunsil not about me.
    ———————————————————–
    Here’s something for you arrogant people who think Tunsil has only once did anything wrong. I gave you guys several times to look it up but you were stuck on only 1 time he asked for money.Take your team loyalty blinders off and you will see clearly. Mike E can only help with your physical eye sight not what you see through your team illusions.

OXFORD, Miss. — On Monday afternoon, the University of Mississippi was notified by the NCAA that Laremy Tunsilwill be suspended for a total of seven games and will return to competition on October 24.
    The University initially withheld Tunsil from competition at the start of the season as both the NCAA and the University examined several alleged improper benefits. During the course of the process, it was determined by the NCAA that Tunsil received impermissible extra benefits that included the use of three separate loaner vehicles over a sixth-month period without payment, a four-month interest-free promissory note on a $3,000 down payment for purchasing a used vehicle, two nights of lodging at a local home, an airline ticket purchased by a friend of a teammate, and one day use of a rental vehicle. In addition, it was determined that Tunsil was not completely forthcoming when initially questioned by NCAA investigators regarding the loaner vehicles. He later corrected his account and since apologized.

The incident of Tunsil’s lawsuit against him is from father in law and he states it was because he was trying to discipline him with reason about hanging with agents.Two different stories. The HC coach is wanting immunity while testifying. Uhm. The money loan everyone is talking about is only the tip of the iceberg. I guess he didn’t do anything wrong and it was only his first time. Thousands of articles about the guy and you choose not to look into any.

79. Al in MIA says:

Jetssuck,
    The bottom line is that I don’t care about those things Tunsil did.
    The coaches gave it to him 🙂

80. Al in MIA says:

I wipe my ass with anything the NCAA organization does in the rules department because generally speaking they are very hypocritical in their actions to many universities in the name of profit.

Central Catholic High school in Pittsburgh produced two NFL QB’s, Bulger and Marino.
    Jason Taylor, another of our greats, also from Pittsburgh, not the same school though.

82. Al in MIA says:

Jetssuck,
    “Two family members working for minimum wage will bring in at least $1920 a month if we go by your calculations. ”

Let’s start with what is generally the largest expense on a monthly basis (rent/mortgage)…
    Federal model says the max anyone should be paying for rent/mortgage is 25% of GROSS pay.
    1920*.25 =480 ….480 a month gets you an efficiency in Miami that’s it.

• Al in MIA says:

Sorry, it’s .30% not 25%… that’s 576 a month…still wont get you a comfortable safe place for a family in most places.

• jetsssuck says:

People in S.Florida pay more I heard on a report. I think it was 40 percent. It’s still workable. Being poor doesn’t give them the right to more, people who want more can get more by getting it through more work or education. Who’s to say the 2 were not making more?

83. Al in MIA says:

Crap…I’m off
    Oh, btw, it’s my birthday tomorrow …good ole 39 LOL last year of 30ssssssssssssssssss :/

Happy birthday early, hope its a great one, and in case i dont see ya, good afternoon good evening and good night as well.

• jetsssuck says:

happy birthday.Look on google first thing tomorrow. I’m baking you a cake right now.

Tunsil payed for the improper benefits, he was suspended for several games for it. It wasnt until later that it came out whom he received the benefits from and thats what stirred this up again. Tunsil asked for it, the coach could have said no.

Its in the past. This should be over and done with, when being concerned about things you look for things that might re-occur and continue to be an issue. So to be concerned, you have to think that he might ask the current coaches to pay his momma’s bills and that in some way might get our coaches, the team or him in trouble. First, the NFL, i dont think, would give two shits if they gave his momma money, i dont know of any rules they have against it. Secondly im not guessing that a new millionaire would really need them to.

So either way, my question is, do you think it says things about is character that indicates he will be a problem in the NFL? I dont see it, he tried helping out his momma. Todd Gurley took money for signing autographs, and it was for him. Most these guys asks for a little something and sometimes they get it, sometimes they dont, but they are asking it for them. In this case Tunsil did what a lot of them do, but knowing it was for something like keeping his mothers electricity turned on, makes me feel like his character is just as good or potentially better than a lot of these other guys that damn near everyone has wanted on our team. Give the guy a break, the true test of if he is worthy of criticism will be if he fucks up in his profession, this college shit is behind him, let it be behind him.

• jetsssuck says:

new millionaire in S.Florida. No structured life like college program where he is accountable. No friends. Possible train wreck with this guy. The tweets show coach was confused whether it was for water or electric. Tunsil was not on the up and up during the tweet and the coach questioned him about it. Read the tweets

Tim:
    Those grinders you brought for the Jets game were damn good

All this talk of pizza and now I am sitting at my local pizza joint waiting for my take home order

Happy birthday to Al

Pies up

Ken says:
    May 20, 2016 at 5:12 pm
    Stanger:
    ——-

Sorry to hear that……no wonder it has dropped out of the top ten in the country and now clinging onto to the top 20.

LOL @ I wipe my ass with anything the NCAA organization does.

————-

Al — who cares what the dudes think?

Will explain the base Asian look-in strategy and tactics at the Fest. Hope you get the chance to meet my wife as well…..think you two would get along.

Thanks Ken, we order from there often when we become a lazy family. LOL

Stanger:
    Modern is still a good pie

YOUNG STANGER:Saw your comments on pizza up the page. In north Tampa, the best Pizza I’ve had is BEST NY PIZZA. There’s one within walking distance of my office. They put so much meat on the “meat pizza” you can barely see any cheese (altho’ there IS plenty of cheese below the sausage, pepperoni, ham, bacon, etc., etc.). My wife DESPISES BACON (HEAR THAT, PIGGY?) so, sometimes when we go out for breakfast, I get a second serving from her. POMPANO PIZZA, which I hit every time I’m in South Florida, has above average pizza but they have so many outstanding menu items I seldom order pizza there.
    ————————–
    WELL, gotta get ready for hockey night in Tampa Bay. The underdog Lightning MUST win tonight’s game!! A loss puts them down 3 games to 1, with 2 of the last 3 games in Pittsburgh. Both their top scorer (Stamkos) and their all-star goalie (Bishop) are still injured and unable to play. Tough to beat a solid team like the Penguins minus your top 2 players!

PS:–KEN and MIKE E.; Are you guys following baseball yet? Looks like the NL East is going to be quite a race this year.

Happy Birthday Al !! Enjoy man!

OD

Yes, I am, and yes it is. The Mets are struggling right now, but the real surprise is the Phillies. They’re playing very solid baseball.

OD:
    I am a Yankee fan so no joy for me this baseball season

99. jetsssuck says:

Oh, I forgot with all the talk today about Laremy Tinsil and his character our luck must be turning since 12 other teams passed on the best available player. What are the odds of teams choosing position of need vs. Best Available player….. 12 times we must be very lucky…

Could toy imagine 24 times, that would be crazy? LOL

• jetsssuck says:

plus he was 13th player taken. All those stars must have aligned just right in the universe that night. Truly amazing after all the bad luck this franchise has had concerning the OL the last 10 years. It’s almost a miracle.

Stanger I’m glad you responded to GDP!

If not he would have posted that shit all night! 😉

GDP is quality as it comes. Vid was interesting too. But we all have our opinions on this or that for the team. Why else would we talk about it?

D says:
    May 20, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Should have been, they were baby squirrel the friggin murderer!

lmao that is funny

olddolphan says:
    May 20, 2016 at 7:38 pm

OD,

i have been there twice and left cause the service was so bad. never even tried the pizza. i always hear about it but if i cant get served i wouldnt know. have you ever tried our neighborhood joint Capri’s. right at the publx at lutz lake fern. it is pretty good, just like the oriental (that is for stanger) joint rice and roll. best asian food in town IMO

ffr — sounds like you and OD live near each other. You guys should head down to a game together some time.

stanger

within about a three minute drive. but i dont know if i can handle a four hour drive with him bitching about ross and telling me his plagiarized stories 🙂

now i would really enjoy an away game and meeting him at beef’s for some wings and beer, i will even buy for a good time with him.

i think my suggestion for the next guest author is wyoming. it wont have one word in the article but damn we all would love the pics.

Pure class!

107. jetsssuck says:

May 20, 2016 at 7:57 pm
    Could toy imagine 24 times, that would be crazy? LOL
    —————————————————–
    boy, you would lose money being a oddsmaker. shouldn’t it be .5x.5x.5x.5 (for a total of 12 times)

• jetsssuck says:

1 in 4096 or .00024414 chance. When you get a job doing odds for a bookie please let me know

• herdfan says:

Would that be one of those $8 an hour and live comfortably in Fl kind of jobs?

• jetsssuck says:

i never said comfortably and I said it’s possible with two working adults. Doesn’t mean they are going to live middle class but they can make choices to better themselves. Do the math.

Hello All : Quick pop in to throw a damper on things, sorry.. Thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers for my Mother.. She passed on Wednesday night after a two day bedside visit… as most can imagine, we have been uber busy with the arrangements and various Red tape with Government agencies, as she was in custody of the Provincial Public Trustee (kind of a Ward of the State) due to a Brother fleecing her funds prior to her being admitted to a Nursing Home with Dementia.. Also seems, that in regards to Family plots , they cannot just be assumed to passed on without being articulated in a Will.. so i now have to get authority from all cousins, and brothers in writing, complete with Photo ID, and have this legally notarized so i can present to Cemetery , so they can okay her being added to Family Plot with her Husband and his Parents.. Lesson learned …

Again , thank you all for kind wishes and Prayers.. on a happier note this MAY have cleared up a Fest date for the two of us..

Sorry to hear about you loss Toba
    It’s tough to deal with
    Stay strong buddy

See I guess the bottom line is I don’t care YAY we got one of the best players at their position in the draft yeah. The NFL’s full of Thugs. I don’t care they are not there to teach me morality they are there to beat the f*** out of the other team on Sunday like Gladiators in Rome so I can forget my problems for 3 hours on a Sunday

Ahh Jeez Toba……take time to remember and rest for yourself. Just know that she knew she had a good son. What counts the most.

Did you guys read this

It made me laugh

If teams are alleging Tunsil has an ankle problem bc they are embarrassed they passed him I just laugh

Toba I’m so sorry you have to be going through this right now. My condolences.

Manitoba:
    My prayers and sympathies to you and your family. I went through this not to long ago myself so I empathize. No words I can say will make it any better, only time does that. Hang in there bro.

Toba – My condolences on the loss of your mom. Prayers to you and the family.

Thanks Mike and Ken. It’s appreciated

Now fir Gods sake get back to football.

It’s so hard to talk football now. The draft is over. No camps, no trades, no real FA action for at least another month. This is the real football doldrums.

• manitobafinfan says:

This is true. Another two months before the Real action starts. I hope we come out strong on both Sides

We could talk about how Tunsil took money from puppies . . . lol

Alright FUers, its been a long week and I need my beauty rest. I am out. Peace.

Toba

Nothing really. jetssuck was very zealous in an effort to besmirch our young LT, because of some of things he did in college. It’s all good. He has the right to feel that way. Me, I’m thrilled he’s on our team, and I’ll judge him for what he does from now on, not the mistakes he made in the past.

Night Ken

LOL Doggie, hopefully not any family or friends of yours.

What up Doggie

124. Phindog says:

Toba.
    Annette was really sad to hear the news and her thoughts are with you and Darlene. We here for you brother.

I’m out as well, already into OT at work, and working early tomorrow. Peace fellas.

Toba – Stay strong brother, you’ll get through it.

• manitobafinfan says:

Thanx Mike. We both beleive she is in a better place. Hope to see you in October

Absolutely Toba, that’s the right way to think about it, because it’s true. Yeah man, looking forward to meeting you! G’nite

MANITOBA; SO SORRY to read the news. We’ll all be here for you, my Canadian brother! Your beloved mom obviously did a great job raising you! Peace to you and your family.

Toba, so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. I wish you and your family all the best.

As for football, OTAs will be May 24-26, May 31-June 2, and June 6-9. The mandatory minicamp will end the offseason program June 14-16.

I liked Clay as a player and a person, but is he really worth what the Bill’s are putting into him?

This from ESPN’s Mike Rodak.

“The Bills doubled down on Clay this spring when they restructured his five-year deal to push $7.5 million of his $24.5 million in guaranteed money into future years, increasing his salary-cap hits to a hard-to-dodge $9 million from 2017 through 2019.

“Clay owns the fourth-largest cap hits on the Bills in 2017 and 2018, and his contract is currently the seventh-richest among NFL tight ends, averaging $7.6 million per season. That means Clay’s usage and production should be close to that of the top tier of tight ends in the NFL. But is it?”

If he’s healthy, and plays like he can, yes, but that hardly ever seems to happen.

But a top ten TE? He can’t even play traditional with blocking, or at least not real well. Oddly enough though….he’d add an interesting option to our O now as it seems to be setting up. Just not at $9 million. That’s when you are expecting Gronk Jr.

I hope he can be a pass rushing threat in obvious passing situations for us.

finally this week with OTAs starting we’re gonna have some football news.

I think Duarte can be similar to what Clay was for us. He’s an accomplished receiver with good hands, and decent speed. He won’t be blocker for us, at least not right away, if ever. I do like his potential as a receiver, especially as the 2nd TE.

jetssuck

Not surprising. I figured Wake was done, but he’s a special guy athletically, in tip top shape, so I guess we can’t count him out quite yet.

Grimes came back from the Achilles albeit he was 28-29 but he’s a corner and he looked fine.

134. jetsssuck says:

They mentioned the calf and all the other muscles surrounding the Achilles as possible injuries more likely. Basketball players haven’t feared well recovering from this injury but then again they are always running. Quick burst is what cam is about. Hopefully, he won’t torque the wrong mucsles wrongly and he retrains the muscles correctly.

Condolences & continued prayers for Toba & wife.
    I love your positive perspective of being in a much better place..AMEN!

Is that ever tough…..and he won. Call me skeptical, but doping? Nine ain’t old for a horse.
    —————————–

“Homeboykris rallied to win the day’s first race by a half-length on a rainy Saturday at Pimlico. After having his picture taken in the winner’s circle, he collapsed and died on his walk back to the barn. Track officials believe the 9-year-old gelding suffered cardiovascular collapse.”

137. jetsssuck says:

When I was young 14-16 early 70’s a friend of mine and me use to drive down to the florida keyes different islands to fish. Well one time this small croc 4-5 ft tried to steal my catch I was bringing to shore. Scared the hell out of us. I was determined not to lose my new pole.I was slapping him with the reel and my friend went back to truck to get his shotgun from his back window rack(legal back then) well the croc broke the line and swam back into the water. I saved my new pole. On the way back that night we stopped at a store and we told a cop and he told us florida didn’t have crocs. LOL

• jetsssuck says:

In Mombasa,Kenya I saw some big ones that were 17 feet and larger at a wildlife refuge.

The African crocs are the scariest
      The crocs here in the Western Hemisphere tend not to be so dangerous
      But I guess this changes things

I went kayaking with my brother in the southern Everglades to go see the American crocs there

There were not a lot but we saw a few on the land and kayaked between them

138. jetsssuck says:

Donald Trump was a cowardly 5 time draft dodger….

People keep coming up with stuff that he’s done in the past. WTF does any of it have to do with what he’s going to do once he gets in the white house?

• jetsssuck says:

Exactly–he can say one thing at noon and change his mind and say another at 3pm.

cunning- having or showing skill in achieving one’s ends by deceit or evasion.

He’s a public figure who is running for the most powerful position in the world. who has the nuclear launch codes always within 10 ft of him. His name is spoken in the same sentence of Kim Jong Il internationally which is not comforting. His past actions should be examined along with his knowledge of issues.

140. jetsssuck says:

I know its my fault I couldn’t finish Trump’s autobiography but every page keep going back to chapter 11.
    CJ Kalish— SNL 5.14.16

141. ukfinfan says:

Toba – very sorry to hear your sad news.

I’m a bit behind you on the curve with dad, but I had a great “boys night in” with him in the nursing home last night along with a few beers and watching his and my footy team (Man U) win the FA Cup. It’s great for me to cherish such memories, but sadly, not sure how long memories stay with him, although his dementia could be much worse.

Anyway’s, my thoughts are very much with you and your family – as if coping with the bereavement of a loved one wasn’t bad enough, you have all the other unpleasantness to deal with too. Stay strong fella. I know Omar is widely ridiculed on here as his attitude rubs folk up the wrong way, but there is plenty of good in him too. He’s having a tough time with his stepdaughter’s illness after his divorce and he tweeted something that might chime with you. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do!”

Hang in there mate.

• jetsssuck says:

Good to hear from you UKfinfan. Sorry to hear you are going through some rough times. I didn’t know Omar was also. He really is a good guy, a local who went to HS right down the road from stadium. I never have understood why people ridicule him he is very approachable and respectful of others. Maybe its jealously. Thanks for updating his troubling times so I can add him in my prayers.

Manitoba, sincere condolences my friend. God bless your mother and you and your family.
    Respect.

You know you’re getting old when:

Stand at the fridge to get ingredients and forget what’s in a BLT. Doh…

Hang tough Toba, my prayers are with you.

It may be ok for RT to throw lots of bubble screens this year, just get that midget the ball!

OTA’s this week, I wonder if Suh will be there. Maybe he takes the OD approach towards his new teammates and says “show me”.
    Anyway, don’t sweat what the Suh will do this time of year.

At first I was worried about Suh not being at such, but then I read that he has been doing it his whole career and works out like anything with specialists during the off-season. Don’t make him a team leader, but he ain’t Dansby after he signed his contract either.

This will be Farrington Huguenin this summer:

Suh isn’t a rah-rah guy, he’s a follow me guy. He becomes angry and very disruptive.
    I hope all his stocks take a dip right before the season starts, lol.

I’d love to see Tunsil take a few reps with “the mask” on his face. Probably won’t happen.
    They could improvise slightly with a scuba mask and snorkel.

Farrington Huguenin actually has some ability where he could end up on a roster at some point. Maybe not this year, might spend a year on the PS while he develops.

Hey son, you’re lucky you can remember why you went to the fridge in the first place.

154. jetsssuck says:

Omar Kelly Verified account
    ‏@OmarKelly
    Just to keep you updated – because you are now part of this – a surgeon will take it on & procedure is planned for Monday.Cross your fingers
    —————————————————–
    Steve and Ken>Did you guys even read the post by UKfinfan. He along with Omar are having troubling times with family members. Omar’s step daughter is having major surgery tomorrow and Omar just went through a divorce. I’ve met him several times and he is not like you guys think he is. He is very good at his job also. In the 1970’s fans didn’t get articles for almost 2 months in the off-season. He produces every day and he likes what he does and his work shows.

Piggy is this your new law firm?

Cheers UK – Glad to hear you had a nice evening with your dad. That’s great man, you’re a good chap.

Just watched some Carroo highlights again and he really does remind me of Landry. Maybe he has a little more top end speed than Landry at next level but they are so similar is how they run and catch. Having two guys like that in the lineup moving around creating issues for opposing defenses then you have to worry about Parker, Stills and Cameron as well. Not all on the field at the same time all the time, but a good mix of weapons and different skill sets to rotate.

If our OL plays up to a solid level which I believe they can if we can keep the main guys on the field along with the addition of Tunsil, then we have two backs in Ajayi and Drake who can also make plays both in the run and pass game, and RT plays more consistent (all of the above should help with that), we could be a potent offense.

Just give RT a respectable amount of time more often, not asking for perfection, all QBs have to deal with pressure. I think we’re going to see more receivers running open then we have in the past. More big plays.

Because Drake can lineup as a WR we might see him and Ajayi on the field at the same time as well.

All true and he can’t neglect to see receivers that get totally unguarded either as we saw a few disturbing times last year. The defense totally doesn’t cover someone and his eyes never went over there including during the presnap. These are things Gase should have a much better handle on and the types of corrections T-hill needs in his game so that we do become a contender.

Christensen should help RT with that too. He’s been around a lot of good offenses and knows what it should look like just like Gase.

Jay Ajayi: “I definitely want to try to lose some weight so I can be a little bit more shiftier this season. I am just trying to prepare myself mentally to be able to take that role up as a starter. I think that I’ve been doing a great job so far, and it’s just about constantly progressing all the way up to the season.”

JS:
    Ask Tannehill or double nickels if they think Omar is respectful. While it is certainly a terrible circumstance with his daughter but it does not change that he is a highly opinionated journalist whose drivel I can’t even read anymore

• jetsssuck says:

I don’t know anything about THill or double nickels (who is he) but he is a reporter 1st and they get paid to be opinionated and ask tough questions to generate interest. If you don’t like his articles then you have a right to not read them. As a person he is a very good individual along with great manners.

LT Albert
    LG Tunsil
    C Pouncey
    RG?
    RT James
    TE Cameron
    WR Landry
    WR Parker
    WR Carroo/Stills
    QB Tannehill
    RB Ajayi/Drake

We really only need to find a solid RG on offense and that’s it. We’re pretty set everywhere else and there is quite a bit of talent here. A lot of playmakers. Of course I’m going on the notion that the rooks perform right out of the gate and I think there is a good chance they will.

Lucky young lads!

toba,

really sorry to hear about your loss. wish you and your family all the best at this tough time

jetsssuck says:
    May 22, 2016 at 12:53 pm

lmfao, that has to be your best ever effort to troll. that is over the top trollness. hell even i am impressed with that effort to troll.

• jetsssuck says:

your a true asshole who doesn’t even know you are showing your true colors. I don’t even think you know what the meaning of troll is.

We all know Omar by his actions, a family crisis won’t change his past, so no sense in sugarcoating it.

jetsssuck says:
    May 22, 2016 at 2:32 pm

yep, you are right, i am a asshole. i have no problem accepting that but you will never admit to who you are and what you try and do here with you idiotic comments just to get yourself attention. but i digress, i am breaking my own rule of giving attention whores attention. cya

165. jetsssuck says:

You are a punk…Don’t read my comments in the future and I won’t read yours.

Are you wanting to stalk me because “but you will never admit to who you are” get some help you are a sick deranged individual. Don’t get mad and want more people killed from Boston Marathon you sick fuck.

What is that comment about the Boston Marathon all about?

• jetsssuck says:

The punk once said in a comment that he wished more people died from the terrorist act of the Boston Marathon bombing…Look it up. He’s a deranged sick individual that goes to the same Winn Dixie as OD.

Well I’m not going to look for that but I’d be surprised if he said it the way you’re portraying it.

I also don’t know what goes to the same Winn Dixie as OD means.

“We really only need to find a solid RG on offense and that’s it. ”

Tim — as far as who lines up for the opener for sure, but pretty sure we’ll have a name running back on the roster too. Ajayi goes down and we are screwed. Easily could see Arian Foster in Agua.

I’m just going with who we have at the moment. Also don’t count out Drake. I don’t look at rosters based on what if a guy goes down. You can do that at a lot of positions with every team. You never want to lose guys who are penciled in as starters or potential starters in the offseason.

You said “only need” and I see a need. Depth is part of a good roster. Tanny goes down….well can’t help that. On O we will live if someone on the OL or a wideout does. Cameron goes down, we can adjust to more WR sets. Back to we have cap money and who it would make sense to bring in.

I was talking about starters and significant role players, not depth. Of course you want to have some quality backups. I’m sure we will utilize 4 WRs in a rotation because of the 3 WR sets, and Drake will see time as both a RB and WR at times. We may not be very high on Williams, DT3 and Pead at the moment but let’s see how they perform first.

Get your point….. sorry for not understanding that we were only talking on the roster now. Still stick by there will be another RB though — even if that might be outside what you said to start.

No worries, it’s possible we do add another back. We have looked into it guys like Foster as you mentioned. We’ll know after the OTAs and minicamps how the coaches feel about the position.

TIm — of course no worries. Keep in mind I am a most literal guy though. Take what you write as what you write. Guess I could have read in different, but you said we needed a RG.

Lol Stanger, Tim has put our his depth chart once a week for 2 months running.

WOW!!!!!!!!

LOL — nothing like hanging out at Club Fed.

——————–

“After exactly 120 minutes, Caldwell’s time is up. Perhaps FPC Montgomery is a bit more strict than it first appeared.

Nah, says the guard. At 3 p.m. they need this space for aerobics class.”

He may be the worst starting WR the cheats have had in the brady yrs.

Stanger, I think Tunsil is starting somewhere so to me we’ll need one guard to step up as a starter so I picked RG. We’ll see how the OL shapes up but I do think we know who 4 of them will be.

169. jetsssuck says:

finfanrob says:
    January 16, 2016 at 5:45 pm
    i really hate brady and everything boston. now would be a real good time to set off a dirty bomb in NE

There are other comments like this “more people should have died in Boston Marathon terrorist act.”

Let the punk explain himself. He’s a POS.

I know this has been brought up before, but we now have 4 1st rd picks on our OL including Albert who we obviously didn’t draft but we signed him as a UFA. I mean come on, we have to be able to put a solid OL together starting there. Even Thomas and Turner were 3rds and Douglas a 4th. Then we added some vets who have started and played well in their careers. I think keeping most of these guys healthy is the key and we should be able to field a quality starting 5 and some decent depth. Please let that be the case because if it is we can be a good team.

The OL has been pretty good when our 3 1st rounders have been in the game at the same time, no reason to think that won’t be the case while adding Tunsil.

7-1 or something like that right? That’s what I’m hoping for. Tunsil should help take it to another level. Then let’s see who the other starter is and 3-4 depth.

Omar says 7-1, but it’s based on those 3 all completing the game, so I’m not sure it’s legit.

Steve, I like the potential of our offense. Gotta see it though. 😉

May 22, 2016 at 5:34 pm

That’s what I kept thinking whe we had 3 1st round picks on the OL. Let’s hope four is the magic number.

I met Rob (FFR) in person. He’s the furthest thing from a POS. Does he have a twisted sense of humor, sure, and might he cross the line of good taste while joking, sure, but he’s a good guy. Let’s try to keep it light here gentlemen, I know we all get annoyed with each other from time to time, but no need for us to disparage each other relentlessly. Hope you both can just ignore each other if possible.

Man, the NL East is tight. Should be a fun season with all our teams in the hunt. Well, almost all our teams, sorry GDP. If you think I feel bad for Mr. 14 division crowns in a row, no shot! Time for ATL to take their lumps, although I’m sure it won’t be for very long, it;s always been a well run organization.

Only the Dodgers… 5-5 in the 14th bases loaded no outs, double play 2nd to catcher to 1st, then a strikeout, still tied in the bottom of the 14th 5-5.

JS:
    Double nickels refers to Koa Misi. It goes to the time that Omar refused to call Misi by his name when writing about. So much about how respectful Omar is. As I said I don’t read his drivel anymore.

176. http://www.khq.com/story/32036583/cfls-montreal-alouettes-sign-vernon-adams-jr-to-three-year-deal
    Said Adams’ game perfectly suits CFL. Bowling Greens Matt Johnson will probably end up there as well. Gunslinger.