ARE YOU READY FOR SOME POKEY?

Are you ready for some Pokey?

Areyou ready for some Pokey

I know what you are thinking.  No Colonpokey, stay away.  I’m a rational fan.  I will not be bending over for you.  Go somewhere else to someone with unrealistic expectations.

You might be right.  You are coming off a 6-10 season.  You fired your very disappointing coach, you may be just one year removed from defending that coach.  So his failure was particularly devastating to you.

You are a great fan of the Dolphins.  But you will not fall for it this year.  Not this year!  I will wait and see what happens.

PokeyHeartLet’s see it on the field right Dolphans?

That is very logical thinking.  The sort of thinking that helps you avoid a little pokey this season.  It makes perfect sense that you are thinking that way now.  Its practically biological.  Let me show you.  This is a photo of a normal human heart.  Looks normal to me.

But a Dolphan…OdonellHeartwell their heart looks a little different.  Look at this!  Look at what you have done with your heart!  Heart break after heart break every season.  You have followed this team so intensely and with such passion your heart looks like Rosie O’Donnell.

Once your heart goes O’Donnell its so ugly its broken and can’t be broken again.

So you are safe from pokey right.  WRONG!  Do not underestimate the spokeyshowereduction of pokey.

I have something to tell you about.  Dion Jordan is eligible for reinstatement.

I will say it again.  We might get Dion Jordan back!

Want to hear more don’t you?

Oh…heehee…come in…the water is warm.  Can you pick up the soap I dropped.  Heehee…don’t worry, I will be gentle, at first…

What?  Why so standoffish?  Don’t be so shy?

Oh I know…I know.  You aren’t falling for that.  You expect nothing from Dion Jordan.  This idea that Dion Jordan is a part of this team now…finally after three disappointing years…

After a ear long suspensionJordanFurnace following a year when he was suspended for 6 games, following a year when he could not get not he field.

Well that is unbelievable.  You may have even taken steps to rid yourself of all Dion Jordan hope.  Maybe something of a ceremony involving fire.

But it’s not so simple to forget that potential is it.

He was the #3 pick in the draft!  How can the #3 pick be such a dud.  Remember when he was drafted?  Remember What you thought?

DionJordanOregonThis guy is going to line up on the other side of Wake.  He is going to be a beast.

He’s 6’6 with no body fat.  Look at the plays he makes in those highlight clips at Oregon.

Dion Jordan will be a cornerstone of our defense.

Okay, so maybe he was not a cornerstone.  But Philbin really was a bit queazy when asked to play him as a rookie.  He just would not let him on the field.  Freakin Philbin…he did it with Miller…So that must apply to Jordan too.  That is one reason why Jordan was held back since being drafted.

And then he made a mistake or two in his second year, so he missed 6 games.  But he still did’t get any playing time.  And then he became a fuckface and missed the entire 2015 year.  What a bust!

But therKiko Alonsoe are murmurs of a comeback season now.

He’s been practicing with his good friend and former teammate Kiki Alonso.  The two have been dedicated to helping this tam this offseason.

Kiko says Jordan wants to play linebacker.  So maybe that was the problem with Jordan…he should have been a linebacker all this time.

No wonder he wasn’t contributing!  That’s all some one needs to turn things around.  A little support from a friend and a new start.  Dion Jordan may just be something in 2016…

PokeybedOh…hello there…heehee…looks like you may be warming up to some pokey.

Maybe he sticks at DE and the Dolphins work him in with Wake and Williams to form a formidable edge rush.

Maybe his agent is right, Jordan will be comeback player of the year.

Yeah…I think you are ready for some pokey.  Keep holding out a little hope for Dion Jordan Dolphans.  Pokey is here to comfort you.

You aren’t so jaded that you have no hope.  And where there is broken hope, there is pokey.

Come take a ride we me…we will have a talk…heehee…about it…

CPvan

632 Responses to ARE YOU READY FOR SOME POKEY?

Piggy

It’s a little late for Brent now, he married her, he had to know what she was all about. I’m not even sure why you’re concerned about our fans image. There are assholes everywhere, surely some of them are Dolphins fans, no? I care so much more about the image of our team, not the asshole quotient of our fans.

It’s nice to see Suh show up for the 1st week of OTA’s. It’s a good sign of maturing & leading by example!
    Kudos big man!

According to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, the Dolphins “continue to monitor” free agent Arian Foster.
    The Dolphins have been the team most-heavily linked to Foster since he visited them in March. Foster is expected to be medically cleared in as little as a week, so it looks like his market is going to heat up well before training camp.

Piggy to some extent i fully agree with you saying that Miko is gone we shouldnt show any interest, but i think you are wrong that she isnt constantly interjecting herself into our business. She rants constantly about the dolphins organization without provocation, and even in that case the guy you said drug her into it was defending Grimes and tagged her so she could get into it. She couldnt help herself and jumped in. No one targeted her to bring her in that wasnt on her side.

She does have a mental disorder my guess would be borderline personality disorder, but she also feels crazy entitled to say and act any way she pleases. That part is less mental disorder and more just being a friggin low class bitch. I wont bother with posting anymore of her rants, and in general i was posting in reference to Grimes getting burned by Evans (something that we said before, that he is unable to keep up with these young elite receivers anymore). I included the rest because she felt the need to attack our QB in the process, showing he lack of class an insistence on running down the organization.

It’s nice to see Suh show up for the 1st week of OTA’s. He has to

There . . . . . . I fixed it . . . . . . lol

Steve, seriously doubt the Phins bring in both Moreno & Foster to camp….
    My guess is they already have a ongoing deal in place for Foster on hold until he gets that next physical clearance.

If he fails, then I’d look at where Moreno is at.

LOL Son – There probably is, but since I suck in math, I have no idea. My wife might know, she’s a math wizard.

8. Al in MIA says:

Harvey is experiencing what Strasburg experienced last year when his ERA was 6.50+ through his first 10 starts.
    Unfortunately, you have to take the good (his past and current potential) with the bad (the current situation) and leave him on the mound until he figures it out.

• Al in MIA says:

He’s having mechanical issues. Baseball is very mental as you know and being off as a pitcher mechanically can be devastating and difficult to correct quickly sometimes.

He’s having mechanical, and mental issues. Don’t think for a second that it’s not in his head that the 2nd and 3rd time around the opponents lineup, that he’s been getting lit up. He’s going to have to get past that.

They showed Harvey and Strasburg stats side by side and they were eerily similar, almost exact.

Al and Mike, Harvey is also throwing bad pitches when ahead in the count. Instead of a waste slider or fastball, he’s throwing it right over the plate. He’s done this countless times.

10. Al in MIA says:

Here’s an article from Fangraphs, a big analytics website for baseball.

Harvey has been pitching on Tuesdays and Thursdays lately, so I’ve missed his last couple of starts. I know how mechanical issues can really throw you off, but sometimes it’s the mental issues that set off your mechanical issues. When I was younger, I was wild in the strike zone, I threw harder too, but there were innings where I’d just up and lose my control completely, because I wasn’t able to consistently repeat the same motion, either my legs were ahead of arm, or vice versa, but it always led to one bad inning when I couldn’t repeat the mechanics. Now that doesn’t happen anymore, and I rarely walk people, because I have my mechanics down, both physically and mentally.

I agree it’s a combination of both with Harvey. He still has good stuff. He was hitting 96 last night. It’s just that he doesn’t have his usual command of all his pitches and he doesn’t sequence them well.

I jumped on to read some dolphins stuff and all I see if baseball crap. (mets?) SMH

I don’t keep up with baseball but I’ve been glad for the Mets success lately. On Miko, I agree with Piggy mostly. If a Pig isn’t to to wallow in the trash, Ill follow his lead! She’s not worth mentioning and since the guy she hates has moved on…so will I. Not to say that I don’t mind others going after that low class trash but she’s a Buc fan now. I hope the bets fro Brent who was a solid player.

D,

I agree that Grimes just can’t handle some of the bigger guys. He wouldn’t have done well here this year and Im glad he’s gone. A perfect time for a reset.

Mike

You keep making arguments about Brent and Miko
    I don’t care about those two
    you are missing the point entirely
    I’m not going to argue whether they are bad or good people

Its completely petty by Dolfans to constantly be doing this kind of stuff
    and the fact that keeps happening – year after year with another pariah
    is bc we keep loosing year after year

sorry this stuff is not football at all
    but it dominates Dolphins fans lives on social media
    I think it smore sad than anything else

Braves are 12-32….if they still have any paying fans showing up at games, then they are the ones that should be called Braves….smh

It would be great if Ifo can get his career back on track. He was a good prospect before his knee injury. He would up the competition in the secondary for sure.

Piggy is just saying stop being hypocrites without actually saying it.

• Al in MIA says:

or that two wrongs don’t make a right 🙂

Pretty much from both of you

In a discussion between assholes
      it takes 2 assholes to participate

I don’t want to be one of those assholes having that discussion with Miko

MR. Tunsil says Myles who?

20. Al in MIA says:

The Fins have really come a long way to revamping the DB talent. I just wish they would give a little bit more effort in the draft for the S market other than just Rashad Jones. Perhaps they will in the next couple of years (well, maybe not next year lol).
    The LB talent which used to be a strong point has slowly dwindled. The rookies last year had some growth but they weren’t starter ready. Hopefully Vigil can show alot more this season and that Hewitt can continue to become a solid option with major snaps.

Al,
    Isis is only 26 and started to really develop after finally seeing significant playing time last season with Detroit.

Jordan Lucas is tough & could develop in by 2017.
    Walt Aikens is 24 entering his 2nd year, but 1st year under Vance Joseph, so he could realize some nice development used properly.
    Michael Thomas, entering 4th year, also only 26 like Isis.

Let’s see where the cream rises in VJ’s defense.

Same with the young LB’s we have.

I just watched the live press conference of Mario, Phillips, B. McCain and Ifo. They’re all just working trying to get better. LOL

sb7mvp says:
    May 25, 2016 at 1:14 pm
    You just said what he said.

WOW, really?
    Al talked about being a lil concerned @ the S position by not putting emphasis on the draft for S, this year, but hopefully by next year in his 1;04 post

I brought up the young talent that’s already here developing, as if getting new blood from a draft at that spot already….how ever you get to your 53 and still have young talent doesn’t really matter….
    Even 1st 7 2nd rd picks need time to develop, and many don’t work out either.

I like what is here for now with VJ to see if he can work with, before we go worrying about drafting a S early on or not….

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 27m27 minutes ago
    Fins CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu said he’s gaining back everything he had before knee injury…Doing everything now…Says working in slot & boundary

Ifooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      (blowing in a conch)
      Ifooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah he said it’s good to get back to football stuff and not rehab anymore.

Anthony Chiang ‏@Anthony_Chiang 36m36 minutes ago
    Jordan Phillips calls 31-year-old Mario Williams “a freak of a man.”

29. Al in MIA says:

I’m not worried about it but just have noticed the lack of investment there.
    Since 2010, they’ve only gone after a pure S in RD 5 or lower. Last year they tried Cedric Thompson at 150 overall (5th RD) but that hasn’t worked out. Walt Aiken, while being a 4th RDer, was a CB primarily in college needing to learn the S position in the NFL so I don’t consider that a true attempt at S. I had hoped the Fins would move Jamar to FS to see if they can salvage anything but that didn’t happen. This year the team had more pressing needs and Isi is a solid option but I also know that needing to sign FA all the time to cover positions is a losing game in the long run. At least when you lose a daftee off a contract year you get compensated for it via the supplemental draft.

• Al in MIA says:

By that last line i meant that if a team develops a guy and his value in the FA goes beyond the team’s ability or desire to re-sign then they at least get compensated for it.

as in a compensatory pick the following year. I was thinking WTF? the supplemental draft has nothing to do with free agency. LOL thanks for clearing that up.

Ced left us, i think he was last on the Pat’s.

30. Al in MIA says:

If the previous GM over the last 5-7 years hadn’t wiffed so badly at OL in RD 2-4 (drafting guys who aren’t even rosterable let alone be backups) then perhaps resources in the draft could have gone elsewhere such as LB or S.

Wild Piggy prediction

2016 starting CBs are:
    Lippett and Ifooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

leaving the McCains, Maxwell and Howard to battle for nickel and reserve spots

I wouldnt say they over drafted anyone, Thomas was really good at UTenn, versatile, played LT and LG both at all conference team levels. He was a 3rd team all american at LG. He was on the Outland Trophy watch list for nations best OL.

Turner was also highly touted as an LT coming out of NDSU, only thing against him was the small school. A lot of people here were chomping at the bit to draft him.

I think sometime things just dont work out, and i think there is also an aspect of poor development from the coaching staff that adds to it. Those guys under Christensen might rebound, who knows, but i dont think it was so much “drafting guys who weren’t rosterable” as it was they either evaluated them wrong with the rest of the NFL (those guys were both drafted about where they were expect to be drafted), or they didnt do a good enough job developing them.

This time of year is the absolute worst. I am waiting with anticipation for the tweets from OTA practices tomorrow. “Ajayi with a nice pick up” “Tannehill completes long pass to Parker” “Lippett comes down with second interception of practice” Like any of that really matters at all when the season finally comes around, but at least it’s not about the freaking Mets….

“I’m just working hard trying to improve my game.”

“i’m just trying to get better at my craft and learn the system”

All the off-season drivel. But I still watched every video and read every article. LOL

I like the NFL commercials with Rich Eisin that speak to the fan’s need for football.

“Dear Rich, I really wish the football season would start already. Since the end of last season my boy friend wants to talk to me on Sundays, I mean really talk. Soooooo many words….”

HA!

somebody start a fight with Jetssuck or Rob already will ya!? At least then there is something to read!

getterdone
    Apr 30, 2016
    I WANT A FULL RACK!!!

What are you sensitive about your big B / small C cups? Don’t worry about it. We don’t judge you on your Man-mary size. We only judge you on your unrelenting homerism.

I still think there is chance we bring in leon Hall as FA. I’m not sure if the FO is content with a rookie or lippett taking the opposite CB position to start the season.

We have five corners 6-0 or more, two at 5-11, one at 5-10 and two at 5-9 on the roster. The official roster has B. McCain listed at 5-11 but he’s 5-9 like Ifo.

Piggy, I think you would get more written reaction if you said “Ryan Tannehill is great” Then the Ha…Det…um people who do not agree full heartedly with that statement would come out of the woodwork.

BoulderPhinfan says:
    May 25, 2016 at 3:06 pm

LOL. I agree. nothing like hearing OTA plays from Omar twitter account.

Boulder, have you ever noticed over the years that Omar has been tweeting from practice that you can tell who DIDN’T throw the interception but not who did unless it was Tannehill?

“Lippet with his second int of the practice”
    “McCane just picked one off”
    Misi picks off a terrible pass from Tannehill.

The first three ints were not thrown by Tanny. LOL

41. markeyh says:

Ryan is better than Chad Henne now let the debate begin 🙂

BoulderPhinfan says:
    May 25, 2016 at 3:07 pm

sucks at what? LOL

Let me see here if I can remember it all from Randy’s & Lou’s posts….

ummmmmm

Footwork, pocket presence, awareness, the deep pass, intermediate passes, short passes, reading defenses, “throwing receivers open”, third downs, forth quarters, hurry up offense, protecting the ball, stepping up in the pocket, chemistry with WR’s & TE’s, cunnilingus

Did I miss anything?

43. markeyh says:

What gets me is the fact that nobody can dispute that Joe Philbin was a disaster as a HC in so many ways but at the same time can not see that players under his care were not properly developed and or positioned to play to their abilities.

No excuse just the facts.

Ryan Tannehill had one down season in his NFL career and people want to get ride of him for what?

Tannehill will be a to 10 QB this year…..he finally has competent coaching.

All things considered….he wasn’t that far off from top ten the last year. Gotta think with the protection and new toys he makes the jump into it.

Sorry Markey, fumble fingers.

Guess I was not alone in catching the LIV thing. Hyde did too……which makes me feel like I am a dork.

And Abramson caught it in 2014……least him I respect.

Andrew Abramson@AbramsonPBP 17 Jun 2014
      @Alex_Potash Good call. Dolphins should just forget Super Bowl LIII and go right for LIV. Club LIV can be on the Super Bowl Committee.

“he finally has competent coaching.”

this too is yet to be confirmed. We all HOPE it will be so, but rookie head coach, blah blah blah. we could be a 1-15 team or a 15-1 team at the end of the year or anywhere in-between. what I can guarantee is that someone will bitch about his coaching here at some point his year

Least we got a QB guru as the HC. Good for starters.

And nah….won’t be one bit of biotching about the coaching all season. 🙂

Stanger, is that all that makes you feel like a dork? …….

Least we got a QB guru as the HC. Good for starters.

Yeah, I still don’t get that……Ummmm, he coached Tebow and Tebow still couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with a hand full of hand grenades….He coached Manning (yeah like he made Manning any better) and he improved Jay Cutler by….ummmmm……well his interceptions went down, nothing else improved statistically but yeah “guru” Carry on.

Manning called him the “smartest guy he ever met.” And Cutler absolutely loved him. Nice combo that.

49. markeyh says:

Comp% Yards Passing TD’s Int’s QBR
    Andrew Luck 58.1 14,838 101 55 85
    Ryan Tannehill 61.9 15, 460 87 54 85.2
    Russel Wilson 64.7 13,974 106 34 101

Ryan Tannehill is not that far away from his contemporary’s but has had the worst coaching and development of them all….I did not even put in RGIII who was drafted before Ryan.

• markeyh says:

Comp% Yards Passing TD’s Int’s QBR
      Andrew Luck 58.1/14,838/ 101/ 55/ 85
      Ryan Tannehill 61.9/15, 460/ 87/ 54/ 85.2
      Russel Wilson 64.7/13,974/ 106/ 34/ 101

Try his again…

Well he is still not at their level in certain ways. Pocket presence and clutch among them, but he gets bashed too much too. And he now has five first rounders on his OL and a slew of nice options to throw too. Figure this is the “no excuses” year. But then I thought he would never be HOF (or even elite), just top third QB. Still sticking with that.

Cutler’s completions went down, his completion percentage wend down, his yards went down, and his TD total went down under Gase. his average per throw went up and his Int’s went down. I did not see all the improvement everyone was talking about brought on by our “QB guru”

He’s a QB guru, and Tunsil is an outstanding young man who should be considered a role model. Why? Because they are Dolphins.

It was total chaos on the first morning after Sweden changed from driving on the left side to driving on the right, 1967.
    The official name for the day was Högertrafikomläggningen.

Markeyh, haven’t you read on here that stats mean nothing? Those other two QB’s win (except when their defenses fail to stop the other team)

Stanger, McCain was measured in at 5-9 at the combine. He performed really well too. He was the leader in 4 categories and did well in all drills.

Replied above.

I think you’re right on him being a slot guy. I look at him as a guy who can cover those pesky Pats WRs inside as well as others. He’s a real quick twitch guy but you don’t want him on guys like Marshall, Decker, Watkins etc. on the outside.

Coaches can’t play for players guys. It’s amazing to me how fans associate stats with coaches as if they have a joystick and control everything the player does. Cutler had his highest QBR ever under Gase. So have at it. LOL

55. markeyh says:

Ryan Tannehill’s accomplishments

· Most passing completions in a single season · 392 · 2014
    · Most passing completions in a rookie season · 282 · 2012
    · Highest completion percentage, career · 61.9% · 2012-2014
    · Highest completion percentage in a single season · 66.4% · 2014
    · Most passing yards in a rookie season · 3,294 · 2012
    · Most passing attempts in a rookie season · 484 · 2012
    · Longest rush by a quarterback · 48yards · 2013
    · Longest rush by a rookie quarterback 31 yards · 31yards · 2012
    · *Most consecutive pass completions in the NFL · 25 · 2015

Adam Gase has clay that he can mold and nurture into a better QB we shall see…

• markeyh says:

Those are Miami Dolphins records and the last one an NFL record Ryan already has a football in the Hall of Fame in his name…..can’t wait to see his true potential.

• markeyh says:

Mind you he accomplished all that with a poorly coached team and an often injured and poorly manned offensive line.

+1000 ^

Rock — this is the article that made me a Gase believer. Who knows if he can manage the personal side of the team, but pretty incredible how young he started doing coaching stuff and how well.

Rock the reason Omar doesn’t report who threw the other into might be, because they were on the back field that he really couldn’t see. Not defending him just showing your bias 😛

Brock Osweiler also spoke VERY highly of Gase….did you all see the paycheck that Brock is getting now?
    The Texans are fully invested in Osweiler after giving him $37 million guaranteed on a four-year, $72 million deal.

58. Al in MIA says:

May 25, 2016 at 3:56 pm

——-
    Aaron Rodgers praised Philbin when asked about him once Joe went to the Dolphins; said Philbin helped him develop.
    And Ryan Fitzparick is the smartest QB in the NFL.
    See where I am going with this?
    🙂

Not saying people don’t puff……but that was my Gumby talking. And the Philbin praise other than his character never really sold me…..seemed just the kind of stuff you are mentioning.

And yeah Fitzparick probably is….when the competition is an IQ test, but not like Peyton ever had a top-end arm either.

Son, so just because they are Dolphins they are good?

The Dark Secrets That Dolphins Don’t Want You to Know
    By Miriam Goldstein

Dolphins are violent predators with a predilection for baby killing and rape.
    Dolphins kill their own babies
    Dolphin sex can be violent and coercive. Gangs of two or three male bottlenose dolphins isolate a single female from the pod and forcibly mate with her, sometimes for weeks at a time. To keep her in line, they make aggressive noises, threatening movements, and even smack her around with their tails. And if she tries to swim away, they chase her down. Horny dolphins have also been known to target human swimmers

• markeyh says:

Sounds like Alpha Males to me…After Joe turned our Dolphins into pussies It’s nice to get the true killers back!

🙂

60. Al in MIA says:

Gase is a step in the right direction; a guy who had skin in the game calling plays on one side of the field. Philbin and Sparano never called plays in games before coming to the Dolphins to be HC.

Al — encourage you to read that article I put out for Rock above. Learned ten times more about Gase from that than all the Miami media on him combined since we hired him.

Griese praised Shula, so then Don gave the ball to Csonka all the time & Bob got to throw it 7-10 times a game…lol

62. Al in MIA says:

Rock,
    Don’t tempt me with the OTA media stuff 🙂
    Omar already laid down the framework to bash RT in this tweet yesterday LOL:

Was Csonka a full back or a RB?

I wish we had a full back.

Piggy

Sorry swine, I had some errands to run. Well, right now, there’s nothing happening, so that’s why something like this makes it to the forefront. Once the season gets underway, hopefully there’s a lot more positive things to talk about with our team, and nonsense like this is pushed aside into the “who gives a f*ck” file. In the mean time, it’s entertainment since there’s no football. On the other hand, why do you care so much about how our fan base is represented? I worry about myself, because I’m the only one I can control. We’ve discussed this shit far too long, but my advice is, stop worrying about the Dolphins fan base, Miko, Brent, and concentrate on your business, and building it up, and you won’t have time to worry about Dolfans tweeting mean and nasty things to Miko Grimes, whether it’s about Brent, or just her stupid garbage-mouth. 🙂

I just heard enough about what a shitty person Miko is

You wouldn’t walk into a mental institution and say “that guy is crazy!”

At some level its just gotten to petty for me
      I never liked the idea of fans interacting with a players family

I don’t even do it with players I like
      People tweet stuff to Gabrielle Union (Dwayne Wade’s lady) all the time and it drives me crazy
      He;s a hall of fame NBA player – but I guaranty after a poor shooting night she gets a lot of crappy tweets

fans are fanatical
      and family should be off in terms of interaction limit IMO

I once tweeted how ugly Vince Wilfork’s wife is to everyone not her (not expecting her to receive the tweet)
      some one sent it to her
      and to my surprise she replied
      and I regretted it afterwards
      thankfully I didn’t reply to her email (even after a few beers)

We can be really petty as fans
      I think people should leave Miko alone
      she obviously has no ability to control herself
      so she keeps getting pulled into it

its not funny to me
      and I pretty much think the worst things in life are funny most of the time

bunch of baby killer rapists that’s what they are!

Bring back the J-train! Mr. automatic first down on 2 or 1 to go!

67. Al in MIA says:

Rockphin,

The argument you are trying to make for Gase can be made simpler.

The Broncos offense ranked #2 in the NFL in points scored with Mike McCoy (SD head coach) as OC and with Manning at the helm. He left and took the SD job soon after he looked good with Manning at QB (Manning checks out of whatever play he doesn’t like). Gase took over as OC and the Broncos had a record breaking season. He followed that season up by finishing 2nd and with similar points scored as Mike McCoy did in 2012 as OC. Bottom line is that in Denver, the offense was already great before Gase with Manning healthy at QB.

In Chicago, the Bears offense ranked 23rd in points scored last season and 21 in yardage produced. Where did the Bears rank in 2014 before Gase’s arrival? 23rd in points scored; 21 in yardage produced.

I am not doubting that Gase is great but my point is that there isn’t significant data to say this other than heresay.

Gase has to prove he’s a good HC. He’s already proven he knows offense and when a QB like Peyton likes you than that’s all you need to know.

yeah, your “simpler” explanation took longer to read than mine did to write. LOL JBB

“heresay”? A record breaking season and then 2nd in the NFL is a bit more than that.

And yeah the Bears weren’t barnstormers lastyear, but then Cutler was a mess ( they were talking about cutting him) and Gase turned him around and Forte got hurt.

Everything comes with context. And for some reason Gase was the hottest young coaching prospect out there.

People forget the Bears started rebuilding, traded Marshall and lost Jeffrey for 7 games last year and had a banged up Forte. There was only so much Cutler could do with that group. He had his most efficient season under Gase, not the best in every category.

Great game pitched today by Matz. If we can get Harvey on track, this team could win an awful lot of games.

Stanger

Good thing there’s still over 100 games to go

Yah never know….still might be Metskies versus the Buccos then. Then this board would really be taken over by selfish small ball talk….lol

70. Al in MIA says:

lol @ pointing to the record setting season.
    I already explained that the record setting season came on the heels of already ranking #2 in the NFL in points scored. The year after the record setting season; the Broncos were right back to where they were with McCoy as OC. Perhaps McCoy is some wiz too since the Broncos ranked #2 in 2012. Where is SD today with McCoy as head coach? Manning is one of the greatest QB ever to play the position. He calls whatever plays he wants at the line (goes against whatever the OC calls whenever he wants). The coaches (McCoy/Gase) didn’t make him great, he was already great and proven for years in the NFL with great numbers at his positon.

The injury excuse in Chicago is just that, an excuse. Every team suffers injuries in a season. A RB position isn’t life threatening to a team success such as QB position. Tresman had issues with WR injuries the year prior to Gase coming in as OC.

You take a look at someone like Jim Harbaugh who took over a Niners team who hadn’t had an offense ranked higher than 18th in points scored for 8 straight seasons (ranked 18th two years prior to his arrival; 22 or worse all other years over that span). The Niners ranked 11th in his first year.

Now, my point was that some people put the cart before the horse in claiming someone is a guru when simply put anyone who is great can put a dent in numbers to the upside. There was ZERO improvement in the Bears offensive numbers.

71. Al in MIA says:

From what I’ve heard from Gase and read of him via press conferences and interview quotes, I like his attitude. I think there is potential there but I’ve been down this road before. He is ready to be a head coach. I never go by what someone else says about a guy even if that player or coach is great because the skill to spot player/coaching/management talent is different than the skill used to be a great player. Someone who is great doesn’t qualify the person to spot talent.

72. Al in MIA says:

Stanger,
    I play fantasy baseball so I track players of other teams.
    I tried using a couple of Mets players this year Logan Verrett & Addison Reed in different spots.
    I do have two Pirates that i drafted and use -> McCutchen and Josh Harrison

Doesn’t that take up a lot of your time? You basically have to monitor and make changes almost daily, right?

Cutch has done some power, but probably not what you wanted. Harrison is probably as you drafted, which ain’t bad. Guessing you are wishing you went Polanco though.

Check out Tyler Glasnow and Jameson Taillon though. They would be on the roster except for the arbitration year thing and are tearing it up in AAA. And the bottom end of our rotation has been the big bad so far.

I agree with Rock, the jury is still out on Gase. By all accounts Gase is highly regarded and was considered the best HC candidate out there but we have heard that before. I am not trying piss on anyone’s cornflakes I am just saying let’s not anoint him until he proves himself. I remain cautiously optimistic about Gase.

With Gase im trusting my gut, the type person he seems to be to me is a guy who wont be denied accomplishing things he wants to. It may not be an easy road for him to get where he wants to go but i believe in people like him getting there. Im sure its impossible to ascertain at this point whether he will be a success of fail but i feel confidant its not going to be for lack of effort on his part. VJ gives off this kind of vibe too. I think if our players respond in kind with this staff, this team is going to be successful.

I agree. The best things I’ve heard about Gase is his commitment, Ala belucheat, and his relentless approach to learn. He’s also humble, not always a good thing, but good for type A’s.

Piggy

I hear you man. I can assure you I very rarely go on twitter, and when I do, I’m not looking for tweets of Miko, to Miko, from Miko, or about Miko. I just responded on here when someone posted it. We all get entertained by different things. I kind of hate her because her behavior was disruptive to our team. She put her husband in a very uncomfortable position by publicly blasting the team her husband plays on QB. Therefore, when someone posts a tweet of her getting blasted, i enjoy it. That’s pretty much the end of that.

Mike we’ve already established that you’re a psycho, no sense in getting defensive now.

I’m not denying I’m a pyscho at all, Just stating, which is true, that i don’ really pay Miko any attention. Nowhere did I deny that I’m a pyscho.

You’re sure giving here a lot of air time here 😉

76. Al in MIA says:

D,
    Improving the talent does wonders for a team so that’s a start for Miami with Grier/Tannenbaum/now the departed Hickey).
    Even the average coach can get to the playoffs with the right amount of talent.
    Put in a good coach and you get a better increase in production.
    I like where the Dolphins are heading. My gut (different than what the data shows) says Gase is better than anything we’ve had run the Dolphins in a long time (I will ignore the Nick Saban tenure LOL).

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I really can’t tell until I see a few real games whether I think Gase is better. We’ve just been down this road so many times. I like the fact that he’s young, he’s been a coordinator and will be calling plays. But who knows what type of coach he’ll be until we see him in action.

77. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    I won’t spend much time discussing Miko but she is Brent’s #1 fan for sure no matter what data says about him etc. The team wasn’t very successful during Brent’s time here and people have made up all kinds of excuses as to why. Winning will make everyone forget about the poor stuff.
    What Piggy wants is for people to let go of the past and not try and retaliate against her if and when RT and the offense does well in the future. At least with Miko, she isn’t being paid to write about the Dolphins by a big newspaper company like Omar is.

Understood. Like I said, Miko won’t be involved in anything if we get rolling. I’m sure we won’t be talking about her at all, but sure, some fans will taunt her, and that’s fine with me.

I get what Piggy is saying about Miko but at the same time I think she is a wack job. I also find some of the tweets and posts about as funny and thus I am entertained but that is about as deep as I go on the topic. I don’t really care much about and what she says now that she is gone. I like Brett and respect what he did when he was with us. I won’t say a bad word about him but I really can care less about what any says about Miko.

Miko is just a women looking for a reality TV show. She’s been kicked out of five football games. Must be a record for a player wife.

79. Al in MIA says:

May 25, 2016 at 5:24 pm

———
    Not any more time than football IMO.
    The lineups can be set as far into the future as you want and they carry over to the next day as is if you don’t make changes.
    Some people get too involved with analysis such as pitcher vs batter matchups and player data splits (stats vs righties/lefties road/home etc). I don’t bother; experience tells me you draft the players you drafted and use them as starters all season when you can because at times its hard to predict when those players will go off on a pitcher or not.

Stats should be used to back up what your eyes see, you don’t say this guy has great stats, so he’s great. You say this guy looks great, let me see, if his production matches.

Foles had great stats one year, but didn’t look the part on the field. RG3 had them and looked good, and couldn’t sustain it, but that one year he was great.

81. Al in MIA says:

May 25, 2016 at 5:26 pm

—–
    Cutch i depnd for on batting average and some pop with some SB.
    He’s been disappointing on the SB front so far.
    Harrison qualifies as a 3B/2B/OF and is my utility player who can hit for average, score some runs and get some SB.
    I use Matt Carpenter as my main 3B, Jose Altuve as my main 2B, & Ben Zobrist as my Middle Infield option that is a starter position in my league (Zobrist qualifies as a 2B/OF).

Don’t know how your fantasy scoring works, but can tell you Cutch doesn’t even really try to steal bases anymore. Not sure if they are protecting the franchise or what, but can tell you he still is real quick in the outfield. Also as far as RBIs….keep in mind Cutch is batting 2nd now….and least of now seems where he will stay. And Polanco is on a tear. TIll that stops he’ll stay there. And hoping it won’t.

82. Al in MIA says:

May 25, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Gotcha.
    —-
    I’ll give you some examples…
    A month ago i benched McCutchen for 1 game in Colorado (he’s one of my everyday starters) because he was slumping going into the series and had a sub .200 BA against the pitcher he was going up against and he belted 3 HR that game LOL.
    Today, I benched Matt Carpenter as the Cubs started Arrietta and Matt Holliday (Carpenter is 0-16 lifetime vs Arrietta; Matt Holliday 1-15). Arrietta had a bad outing only lasting 5 innings and giving up 4 runs (somehow got a W lol). Carpenter didn’t play but Holliday did and he hit a 3 run blast off one of the relievers in the 7th. 😦

83. Al in MIA says:

steveccnv says:
    May 25, 2016 at 5:35 pm

——
    Who basis anything off 1 year of work?
    RG3 & Nick Foles best years were simply outliers.
    I look at mean production in multiple categories and direction of them (trend). I also pay attention to how much variance is occuring.

I’m just saying you can have one yr where you look really good and have stats to back that up, or have great stats, but don’t look the part, but that isn’t necessarily who you are. The stats that one yr for each of them were great, one did look the part the other didn’t, but it isn’t necessarily who they are. We may say the same thing about Fitzpatrick after this yr, or he may have another really good yr. Sure you have to sustain it, the examples were just for one yr.

So you don’t even watch them play, the stats are what make them great or not?

84. Al in MIA says:

GDP / D,
    Got any ideas as to what might be available after June 1?

85. markeyh says:

Go Miami

We lose OV and Miller, so ESPN insider gives us a negative grade for offseason moves. Can you say agenda? The team chose to see what OV did his 4th yr, before ponying up big bucks, rightfully so with the way the run D has been and OV not exactly lighting it on fire. Miller I think is a luxury player, and not a solid starter, for that we were supposed to match the Houston offer?

At worst the trade to get Alonso and Maxwell offset these 2 loses, but they bash that trade too, saying we’re taking on Phil. mistake in FA, and not mentioning the low risk high reward of Alonso. Don’t even know why I care, those guys are going to say what they want about certain teams no matter what happens.

I think letting OV go for the money he got paid was a good move. I think letting Miller go at the price he got paid was a mistake

It was one of our better offseasons in recent memory as far as I am concerned

but it warrant a negative grade from an outsider’s perspective
      It wasn’t flashy
      and if you are going to build through the draft
      and build towards a vision
      you are not going to get any respect unless you’ve done it for a few years in a row
      and its paid off

I think more than anything they are confused by our moves
      “what are they doing in Miami?”

I think you can see the blueprint
      there is definitely a vision
      and I feel like they stuck with that vision with the offseason moves

but it really has to work for anyone to give us positive grades
      if not it just looks like we played musical chairs with nfl players

• markeyh says:

Miami did the right thing letting both OV and Miller walk. It is hard to reward anybody on a 6-10 team especially considering they have been part of the problem and not the solution sine their rookie seasons.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree regarding miller and OV. Too much money. If I was gonna keep one of our own I would have kept Clay over miller and OV. Good luck to both of them

The OV move considering the money isn’t what they’re debating, they’re saying we should’ve locked up OV the yr before or during the 2015 season. Its a BS hindsight excuse by Insiders, the team wanted to see more. Hell I still wanted to see more from OV. Guys on here were signing him for $7.5M and I said don’t be surprised when he gets $15M.

People say we Fd up with Suh, but at least with Suh you know you’re getting elite play, you F up when you pay $18M and you don’t get elite play. If you want to say Suh wasn’t elite last yr, then you’re just a stat junkie.

87. Al in MIA says:

Stanger,
    Here were McCutchen’s 2016 projections from ESPN:
    .300 BA, 93 runs, 25 HR, 100 RBI, 17 SB.

2016 production to date:
    .253 BA, 29 runs, 8 HR, 20 RBI, 1 SB.

He’s always been a slow starter who gets hot middle of season so the BA will probably go up … runs & HR look on pace somewhat … RBI looks like its going to be down….SB looks grim.

88. Al in MIA says:

steveccnv says:
    May 25, 2016 at 6:42 pm

So you don’t even watch them play, the stats are what make them great or not?
    ——
    They usually correlate but as any statistician will tell you, correlation does not mean causation..The data point you to the trouble areas (saves time) and indicate where improvement is needed. It may be a quality that can improve a statistic (an observation) or it may be something that cannot be corrected.

• Al in MIA says:

the stats point you anyway

It’s hard to make 20 sacks look like anything but elite play, unless you want to say the guy was just selling out on the pass rush and was a huge liability against the run, other stats not so much. The great coaches go by what they see and what they feel.

GSW hadn’t lost back to back games all yr, the stat guy is betting on that streak to continue, the guy who’s been watching the games isn’t betting against OKC.

89. naplesfan2010 says:

I agree with Ken that they should not have let Miller go, but I actually think there is a secret truth that he wanted to leave and they let him go as much due to a personality clash as the money or talent. I think he had burned out here after seeing several game-breaking runs/efforts not result in victories. I think he thinks he could never achieve national recognition here. I think he was pissed over the lack of carries, but i think the FO were unhappy with his demeanor or work ethic. I think they liked Ajayi better in these respects as well as his willingness to get the tough yards, and Miller saw that coming too and did not want to stay long enough to lose his starting job. His chance for big bucks and leaving Miami while still on top was right now. And they knew they could get another good back in this past draft which was loaded with talent at RB. I still like Miller as a RB though.

It was no secret, he wanted to leave, but keeping OV and Miller would’ve meant we would’ve sucked again running the ball and trying to defend it.

I tried to watch the Thursday Night Game with the Cheats just now on YouTube, but that 3-14 little dump off pass that got them 15 on the Cheats first drive said it all about our 2015 LBs.

91. naplesfan2010 says:

Although it is way too early to make a prediction, if we don’t sign a vet FA such as Foster or Moreno (or Knile Davis), I would not be surprised to see both Pead and DT3 make the 53 and Damien Williams get cut. Dallas also might let McFadden go, since they drafted not only Zeke but also Darius Jackson, who ran a 4.3 and grew up in Dallas, plus signing Alfred Morris.

Pead offers raw speed and Thomas offers a size to shiftiness ratio, neither of which Williams has. Williams is no longer needed to return kicks or punts with both Drake an Grant on the team. Drake and Ajayi can both catch the ball, so Damien is not needed there either. It’s a shame because I like the person, but Williams the player is only ok in talent at several areas and less than that in others.

92. naplesfan2010 says:

Dallas also has Dunbar and Rod Smith out of Ohio State at RB. They could be a team we mine for a vet RB after roster cutdowns.

93. naplesfan2010 says:

Buffalo also will need to cut a good RB. They already had LeSean of course and Karlos Williams behind him and drafted Jonathan Williams, so maybe we can get Mike Gillislee back. They also have the Big Bruiser’s son James Wilder and carry a FB on the 53 as well (Felton with Baby Gronk the UDFA behind him). Buffalo had the most rushing yards and TDs in the NFL last year.

I don’t think we make any significant moves at RB. I see no point in adding some of these older RBs. We have a stable of young guys lets see what they can do.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I don’t think 2 is a stable.
      We need another reliable RB. It’s our weakest roster spot now, along with LB, but we have more experience @LB even if we are thin on talent there.

Between all our RBs, we have a tiny amount of NFL carries and most of those come from the 3 time loser Daniel Thomas.

I think Ajayi will be great and my first choice for RB in the draft was Kenyan Drake, so I am happy about that, but after those two, who is there for depth?

I think between Pead, Thomas and Williams one of those 3 will emerge as the 3rd guy and I am guessing it’s Pead.

• naplesfan2010 says:

^among^ not between; I changed my sentence to include all of them, not just the rook and the seldom used Ajayi.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

So any new Phins news? Cue the silliness. LOL

If Pead can show his speed and fit our offense he might be the dark horse as the #3.

I don’t see him as the dark horse. I meant DT 3 can’t be that serious of a contender. Williams has probably run his course. Pead is the guy with the most upside of those 3. I think he is the front runner.

He’s done less than DT3 and Williams in his career, he has a very little body of production. But I know he possesses a lot of speed and he was a former 2nd rd pick.

• naplesfan2010 says:

God help us if Isaiah Pead has to replace an injured Ajayi or Drake. Who steps up for depth then?

Naples, how deep do you think we can go at RB? Any team that loses their #1 and 2 is going to have to find someone. RB is one position where you can work around it. You don’t want to lose core positions.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Teams normally carry 3 or 4 RBs, depending usually on who can also run back kicks or play STs and such. Also the number depends on how many WRs and TEs and even QBs they want to carry. But you know this.

I am not saying carry 6 RBs. I am saying find the BEST 3 or 4 we can find, even if #3 or 4 is currently playing for Dallas or Buffalo.

Yeah but who is #3 and 4? Do you expect big time backs at that point?

You can’t build a roster worrying what if all your top guys go down? It’s the same situation for every team.

I hope they put Danger Mouse in the backfield on certain plays

Me too. He has to prove he can play at the big level first though.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Now I do think that might be what they are thinking. That is very creative and Sproles has done a bit of that to a very high degree of success.

The difference between Grant and many of these other short players is that he is very strong and well muscled. He benched I think 15 times. Now there are actually very few WRs who have ever done that. Devante was praised for doing 17 and that was the top of the WR class that yr (I think).

Bear in mind that a OG doing reps of 225 is way different since he will weigh over 300, meaning he is not even doing a push-up. Grant weighing 165 and doing reps with 225 is like doing a pushup with your 10 yr old riding on your back.

That’s why I think Grants height will be more of an asset, than a liability (his strength and tenacity).

99. naplesfan2010 says:

Also, Grant is no small school D2 phenom. He played in the Big 12 with Texas, OK, OK state, etc. etc. He broke Michael Crabtree’s (and Wes Welker’s) records there and his college gave us Zach Thomas!

The play I mentioned above 3-14 pickup by the cheats, was done by their midget fast receiver Dion Lewis. I expect to see several of those third and longs picked by Grant.

All I need to see from Grant is that his exceptional quickness, cuts and speed work at the next level and he can take a big hit. Once that happens he’s a weapon.

102. uwantwat says:

Ahhhh we seem to be talking footy again. Good!

Omar Kelly

‎@OmarKelly

The leader of the Dolphins inexperienced tailback pack is Jay Ajayi.
    ——————————–
    Wow Omar just cant help taking a stab even when just reporting practice notes.