Ask Mike – 2016 Season Week 6

ASKMIKELogo

from Doggy

Q – Mike E,
Now that we’ve finally seen that our Starting Oline can make a huge difference in both the run game and pass protection. How do you feel about our depth and do we target early in the draft or go with FA. I hope this group stays healthy and on the field for the rest of the season.. They did a great job !!

Phindog

I think we should probably stick to best BPA, and there’s still a chance we may need to draft a QB early. Even if we don’t draft a QB early, I think we need help on defense. We need an impact from our front 7, specifically a pass rushing DE or 2, and we also need a playmaking LB. There’s also a good chance we will need a CB or 2, but that will play out by the end of the end of the season. We have to see what we’ve got there in Howard, Lippett and I think McCain will be fine as the nickel corner.

Albert is so hard to count on to stay healthy, but he’s a damn good player when he is. Tunsil is likely the LT at some point, but if #76 is healthy, and Tunsil continues to play well at LG, why not leave it? I have no problem going one more year with BA at LT, but I would absolutely make sure we have Tunsil prepared to play LT, and have serviceable depth at OG when Tunsil has to move to LT.

Man, that was something watching the holes open for Ajayi, and even better watching him exploit them, running hard and aggressively. I think that’s what we all imagined he could be if he got the opportunity, and it won’t always be as easy as it was last Sunday, but if we stay committed to having balance, and getting the run game going, our team will be a  better team for it!
____________________________________________________

from Toba
I assume this will be the theme of the week, but WTF..

After the solid game and game plan put together against the Steelers, do you see this an Aberration ? or something sustainable going forward .. I am hoping they can sustain it, but your thoughts ??

The success we had might possibly be an aberration, but man Toba, the game plan better not be. It’s just never good to be one dimensional. We have to keep the opposing defense honest, and if they sell out, and do everything to stuff the run, we have to still try and run, but make them pay with some deep shots if they stuff the box with 8 guys. Someone will be uncovered, and we have to execute, and hit that player. No question we’re a better team all around when we have T.O.P. in our favor, and we’re able to successfully run the football. The pass protection was stellar, and Ryan Tannehill looked considerably better with the better protection and time. The defense looked so much better because they weren’t on the field all day.

I don’t know if we can sustain it Toba, there’s really nothing we can look at and say we can for sure. I would hope we would, but the Buffalo Bills defense is a better unit than the Steelers. The thing is, I want to see them try to duplicate this. It would kill me if we see 8 guys in the box and decide to pass all day, unless of course it worked. How about we dictate our game plan, and let the other team adjust, instead of the other way around. Execution is key, no matter what we plan on doing, so we have to do it well. If we consistently try and run the football, even when it’s not yielding results like last Sunday, we’ll know we’re in the right direction. How many times did we see success one week, and then a couple of runs were stuffed (last season), and then we got pass happy? Too often, and my best guess is Gase won’t do the same thing.
____________________________________________________

from Rock

Q – Hello Mike E! How is it hanging?

That’s not my question for Ask Mike this is;

As the standings sit now, the Dolphins are scheduled to play only two teams the rest of the season that currently have a winning record. (Pats & Buffalo) With the Dolphins starting the season 1-4 do you think there is any chance that they can still make the playoffs this year?  I think we will have to sweep the Jets and Bills, beat the Ravens at home and win our final game at home against the Pats to have a chance.  What do you think our chances are?

I can’t do it Rock. I can’t even say the “P” word, I just can’t. I can’t even really guess if we stay on course against Buffalo for the Fest game. I have to do this one game at a time, because we have been anything but consistent all season long.

I’ll say this though, if the 5 starters on the O-line as currently constituted can stay healthy, I think we’ll be a better football than we were our first 5 games. I think the O-line set the tone in that game, and now teams see that Ajayi is more than capable of wrecking their day. The good thing is, we do have some depth at RB, because although Ajayi was grinding hard all day Sunday, not sure we can pump 25 carries from him every Sunday, but we have Drake, Williams and Foster too. I think the defense will still have it’s issues with teams that run well, and Buffalo is one of those teams. Not only can their RB move the chains (LeSean McCoy), who leads the team with 587 rushing yards (5.6YPC) which is pretty damn impressive. Tyrod Taylor is a dangerous guy running too, he already has 236 yards rushing. We must keep containment with him, like on those 3rd and 8 type of downs, when we almost get to him, and someone didn’t stay in their gap, and he busts out for a 12 yard gain. Those are killers, and we can’t let that happen.

We’ll have to see which Miami Dolphins team shows up, is it the same team that just beat up the Steelers, or the 1-4 team we’ve seen languish through 4 quarters each game. It would be a helluva lot more fun if last week’s team shows up, and last week’s coaches too!
____________________________________________________

I would like to thank Stanger, Chef Warren, Toba, and anyone else who has a hand (yeah I said that!) in putting the Fest together, and all the stuff that goes along with it, like the dinner Saturday night before the game.  I really wish everyone could make it, but of course that’s not possible.  Despite the fact that we kick one another every now and again, this is a pretty cool bunch, and for a lot of us to get together and see a game together,  and hang out, is even cooler.

Looking so forward to meeting a few of you that I haven’t yet met, and to seeing those again who I’ve already met.  This is awesome!  Go Festivus!  Go Dolphins!

____________________________________________________

And now for the babe of the week . . .

Debbie Harry

This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

176 Responses to Ask Mike – 2016 Season Week 6

1. Bills are on a tear right now winning 4 in a row. In addition, we’ve been beaten handily by them, losing 5 of the last 6, and getting blown out in 4 of those games. I’d like to say that if we play them as well as we played Pittsburgh we should be able to win the game but I can’t. We need to play them better than we played Pittsburgh.
    With Reshad Jones out for the remainder of the season and the linebacker situation also being what it is we would need to have a HUGE game by our d-line to get out of this one with a win. Williams needs to play against Taylor the way he shut down Wilson with his scrambling in game 1 and give him no place to go and make him throw the ball.
    Again, I don’t know if any of this can happen on Sunday. Is it possible? Sure. Probable? Maybe. If the team plays as well as it did vs Pittsburgh it should be a close game and give them a chance to win it but someone on the defensive side of the ball has to make some plays in key moments of the game. I don’t know who that’s going to be. Maybe Alonso vs his former team. Maybe Lippett has an interception or two. He seems to be grasping the position better the more he plays. Maybe Phillips gets into the backfield and causes a fumble.
    Again, I don’t know. But, if we just play the way we played vs Pittsburgh I don’t know if it’s going to be enough. Running the ball vs BUF won’t be as easy at is was against Pittsburgh and Buffalo has always brought tremendous pressure on passing downs.
    One thing is for sure, we need to run the ball again to keep the pressure of the o-line on passing downs. If we can do that, it will be a huge help but Gase has to recognize that we need to keep extra guys in on passing downs for protection against this team.
    We cannot allow guys to come free off the edge or have a jailbreak pass rush straight up the middle for easy sacks. Even then, we’ve got to have plays on that are designed to beat the blitz and get the ball out fast rather than taking 3 or 5 step drops.
    Screens to the backs, bubble screens, draws are all ways to slow down the blitz. So, let’s hope the gameplan with the pass protection and the run game are all in place this week to give us a chance in this game. I can’t even begin to come up with a score in this one.

I’m famous! My question appeared on Ask Mike! I can’t wait to tell my mom!

Congrats Rock on making Ask Mike.

Along with it being throwback Sunday it is also alumni weekend. We’ll see some of the old greats being honored.

Good stuff Mike E

FEST ON!!!!

Man slow day on here today.

I’m not going to change my prediction of a loss for the Fest game, but with LeSean McCoy nursing a hammy, we will have to see how two former Dolphins, Mike Gillislee and Reggie Bush do against our D. Also Sammy Watkins is our and they could be without Robert Woods as well .

Let’s hope Tyrod doesn’t have a perfect game against us.

Five more hours or so and then off thru next Monday for the Fest. Woohoo.

Every one must be in transit today. I am leaving tomorrow morning.

Ken says:
    October 20, 2016 at 12:26 pm

Every one must be in transit today. I am leaving tomorrow morning.

everyone knows it is an ask mr know it all so he can act like he is smarter then everybody and is going to post some picture of some old hag cause his wife wont let him search for hotties day.

Man you guys are really fucking disappointing me today! I am feeling lazy and don’t want to work but you guys are not entertaining me. WTF!? Stop what you were doing and get on here and write some bullshit for me to read

We all have to give Richie a big welcome home on Sunday.
    ——————————————
    “Zero conversation with Jonathan Martin. He has reached out and tried to speak a few times, but I have nothing to say.”

“The whole incident went down (and) I’m a pariah in the national media and basically turned radioactive there for a few months. Jonathan and I were close friends. I cared about him. If anybody was there for Jonathan, it was me. And Jonathan had his troubles. He had his demons, like we all do. He left for whatever reason and he handled it the way he did, and then really the story kind of takes on a life of its own.”

“I’m not saying I was a saint, but I sleep well at night knowing what I did.”

Rock

This is a big moment in your life. What I would do if I were you would be to print out a copy of your question,b with my answer, and if I’m not too busy Sunday, I’ll sign it for you. That would be something to cherish

I hope Suh gives Richie a big welcome as he runs his ass over on the way to taking Tyrod Taylor down for a strip sack.

Any of you guys going to the Fest who haven’t met Mike E yet….wanted to offer a pic from the first one of him. He’s about the friendliest guy you will ever meet.

October 20, 2016 at 1:41 pm

He had two games / chances to do that last year and couldn’t…..1-4 against the stinking bills in the last 5 games.

Life after Reshad comes with dual safety roles (according to Joseph)
    ————————-
    Joseph said Michael Thomas, as expected, will replace Jones in the starting lineup opposite Isa Abdul-Quddus, who has two of Miami’s three interceptions this season. (Jones has the other).

The twist is that Joseph said they sometimes will alternate in filling Jones’ strong safety spot. The one who doesn’t play strong safety will play free safety.

“When you make a change like that, you are hoping to keep the guy who’s played in the same role,” Joseph said when asked if Abdul-Quddus will move to Jones’ strong safety position. “That’s sometimes tough to do. We will have different packages where Isa is playing [Jones’] role and Michael’s playing [Jones’] role, kind of play to both guys’ strengths. It will be a little bit different than what you see with [Jones] out there.”

17. 81Howie says:

Afternoon Update
    DOLPHINS-BILLS
    Rock 37-17 BUF
    Old 23-20 BUF
    Piggy 24-23 MIA
    B’man 38-13 BUF
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    MikeE 23-20 MIA
    Stang 21-10 MIA
    Toba 27-17 MIA
    GO PHINS!

I didn’t ask a question this week because I knew my question would be asked and it was from Doggy.

So is everyone MIA in Miami?

Here’s a ‘Dolphin-centric’ song for the fest goers and the rest of us. Probably not everyone’s type of music, I don’t generally listen to him but something about this one….

Herd has better (an more noble) things to do this week Mike, than come down and listen to a bunch of old drunks argue about how bad the Dolphins suck. (well, she comes on here to read the same old drunks argue about the same thing, but she doesn’t have to smell us)

I’ve only been to two of the Fests but MAN do you guys get ripe! Good thing it rained during the Houston game. It knocked the odor down. LOL

I actually believe Richie more than Johnny boy. I do believe Richie had said offensive things to him, i think he probably acted towards him much as any immature dude acts, and Johnny, is not from that world completely. He probably has lines and standards he doesnt cross, and Richie does not. Johnny overreacted to the comments, and then blew up, and just emotionally was not stable enough to handle it. Richie, who is use to playing around with other guys who are similar to him doesnt have the intelligence to recognize the guy wasn’t like him and by time he figured out he was across a line, whe was in a different zip code from it. Perfect storm of two different personality types.That said, the “I sleep well at night knowing what I did.” isnt the greatest explanation of not having guilt, because im pretty sure Ted Bundy slept well at night too. Just sayin.

Or it could be Richie thought Little Jonny M. was a grown man and not a lil mamas boy! As a grown man, if he objected to something he should have said so. But no, he had what amounted to a tantrum/meltdown, blamed everyone he could and ran home to mommy.

Test

Where is the ☀️??

I’ve read a couple of articles about former Dolphins in Buffalo coming back to play us and there are more than a few on their squad but we have two former Bills on D that I hope have really big days against their former team mates. GO ALONZO! GO WILLIAMS!

RYAN TANNEHILL IS THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME!!

(man if that doesn’t get some kind of response on here, I don’t know what will) 😉

Off to Aventura Mall

Buffalo has a lot of players on their injury report including three of their OT’s. I hope the Dolphins can take advantage of it.

Man, I didn’t see that Lippett was nursing a hammy too and Jenkins has a groin pull! Damn!

It’s hard to see in the video when it posted but Suh kicks Big Rape in the leg when trying to get to him.

Damn, I feel like David. Sitting here blogging to myself. WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE!!??

Tim, Suh will probably get a fine for that one. But he can afford it! Hopefully there is no other discipline meted out.

So Tim, what do you think of this weeks OHOTW?

Ok, it’s close enough to five for me to get the hell out of here. You guys can all come back and blog now.

Rock,
    Tippett tweaked it on punt coverage in the 3rd quarter last week. I saw him limping through the end zone and up the sideline.

October 20, 2016 at 5:21 pm

I always liked Deborah Harry.🙂

i always liked deborah smooth.

Deborah Landingstrip

M I A Mia M I Aaay
    (Singing) I like the Hornsby song, it’s catchy and done well

Bags packed and ready for my flight tomorrow

Ok, so maybe just knit picking here, but NFL network just ran a commercial with a clip of Joe Montana and with an audio that said “a flame burns inside that man “which is obviously Mandich talking about Marino

Looks like Suh was trying to leg sweep him, use his legs like arms to trip him and get him down. That play is a good representation of how incredibly powerful he is too. Pittsburgh OG on that play looked like Thomas did a lot of plays.

Looks like we got 3 out 2 questionable. It’s not great but it’s better than a lot of teams.

Awesome tonight meeting Mike E and the MRS and reconecting with the Dawgs. Long day …see ya’ll at th beach Friday

I’m going to start posting kitten and puppy videos and recipes if someone doesn’t start discussing(bitching about)something! 😉

I think, if there is one game williams will play well is this one. Mario revenge game!

Good job on the sunshine Rock. Beautiful morning having coffee on the patio with the Lizards

LOL like I have any control at all over the weather! You can thank “Anne”

The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow….there’ll be sun

Manitoba, the Lizzards are a nice couple aren’t they? Not very good conversationalists but they can party!

At least you aren’t having coffee with Mr. Frog. He can be such a pretentious bore.

Toba, remember if you run into a gator you can put them to sleep by petting their tongue. LOL

The gators REALLY like it when you pet their tongues. See

52. 81Howie says:

Afternoon Update
    DOLPHINS-BILLS
    Rock 37-17 BUF
    Old 23-20 BUF
    Piggy 24-23 MIA
    B’man 38-13 BUF
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    MikeE 23-20 MIA
    Stang 21-10 MIA
    Toba 27-17 MIA
    GO PHINS!!

53. Phindog says:

Toba,
    Why do I feel like we closed the bars last night ? Oh wait….

The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout
    Down came the rain and washed the spider out
    Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
    and the Itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again!

55. Realist says:

Howie 34-12 BUF

Dawg. Just finished lunch. Heading back to boardwalk

Take LOTS of pics guys.

manitobafinfan says:
    October 21, 2016 at 12:12 pm

I ll just let him read one if D s posts. And savemy hand

Just kidding D i enjoy yer insights. 👍👍
    ——————————————
    Lol no need to apologize, i do it so frequently to the readers here, i know its true. Good to know that its good for something!

I just signed an offer sheet to sell my house in Rockledge! Fingers crossed everything goes through. It is an “As Is” contract so I won’t have to spend every weekend going up there to fix it up anymore!!! I’m going to lose $120K but at this point I don’t care! I’m losing that money anyway PLUS all the money I’m spending to repair it after the renters destroyed it PLUS I won’t have to pay the mortgage and utilities any more so that’s $1,800 a month in my pocket! Please go through, Please go through. I would have never thought I would be so tickled to lose $120 thousand dollars!

Question is, do I need to chance my name now? I won’t be “RockledgePhin Fan” anymore.

House situations are like that, a lot of time you really hold on to getting a decent return on investment and you wind up at a place where its like i which i could just get this boat anchor from around my neck. I had to let a house go, not so much at a loss, but more at a break even. I might have lost some too because a lot of the work i did myself and im not figuring my labor hours into that.

I have a feeling the Charles Clay is going to tear our LB’s and safeties a new ass this weekend. 😦

The Bills have also jumped out to early leads, which allows their defense to play aggressively and according to their game plan. On their current four-game win streak they’ve outscored their opponents 31-6 in the first quarter.

Uh Oh we are fucked.

I think Clay will be a challenge, but if they go cover 1 they can have Thomas in man on him and let a LB also spy the QB passing to him in their zone. I think having 2 safeties deep on this Buffalo team would be a real mistake. Most everything is going to be gong on within the first 15 yards from LOS.

I think Gills out of the backfield on passing plays is going to be something we wind up overlooking. Im more worried about him, just because they might not be game planning for him to be much of a factor.

DAVIE — Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill is fourth in the NFL with 8.15 passing yards per attempt.

It’s been an uneven start to Tannehill’s season, but the fact that he’s fourth in the NFL in a highly relevant statistic is encouraging.

When I asked coach Adam Gase what can be read into that statistic, he said with a smirk:

“That he’s probably a little more accurate on the deep ball than everybody told me when I got here, I know that. He’s just hitting everything down the field.

I know, I know stats don’t mean anything. (until they do)

Rock the thing with stats you just have to take them for what they are. If you want to build arguments off one stat, then you wind up with arguments that you have just proven Dak is better than him, because Dak is 3rd on that list. 1 stats doesn’t mean anything, and i honestly would much rather look at plays to see the whole picture each snap than run back through the stats and go OMG look at how amazing or horribel someone is.

Kiko is 6th in tackles….no PD’s so yeah he has been in on tackles but the 29 solo (when most the thers in the list are in the 40’s in solo) shows he hasnt been the first to get there, or when he was he couldnt bring him down on his own and his coverage hasnt been good. Whole picture says not great, even though that one stats seems to indicate different.

D, the house has been vacant since June when the renters broke the lease and bailed. I have been going up there 3 out of 4 weekends since repairing the place and am up to $20K in repair costs already (including replacing the roof, which wasn’t “damage”) It’s the 5-6 hour round trip and not having a weekend to relax for the last 4 1/2 months that is really dragging me down. (not to mention having to pick up the utilities and pay the mortgage without any rent coming in) I am tired and sick of dealing with it. I will pop the cork on a bottle of Champagne after the closing. Doing everything by myself has killed me. Even just painting takes forever when there is no one there to hand you something when you need it.

Plus even when I did have it rented I was absorbing between $300-500 a month because I couldn’t get enough in rent to pay the mortgage, insurance, lawn maintenance, taxes, etc. I’ve been taking that monthly loss for 6 years now. (that’s about an other $25K over the last 6 years) I will be so relieved when this is over.

October 21, 2016 at 2:36 pm

You can’t track them down for damages and breach of contract?

They are renters. What am I going to get when I sue them and win? a judgement? worthless.

D says:
    October 21, 2016 at 2:42 pm

I know D, but the other side has used the same stat for the last 4 years to “prove” he can’t throw the deep ball and that “everything” is a check down or under 10 yard pass.

Deep ball argument has been a bad one since the get go. Our previous offense, and pretty much this one isnt built around deep ball anyways. So can he or cant he has neever really been able to be proven before. We are just now getting to a point where we are working deep plays into the arsenal AND just not getting to where the protection can hold up longer than a couple of seconds for the play to really develop. So deep ball to me has always been the worse of the arguments as to why he is or is not a great QB.

Tanny hasnt been the reason for the 10 yard passes, that has been completely due to play design.

Tannehill has been getting the ball down the field more since the end of last year. There has definitely been a spike there. If we can continue to run the ball well and set up play-action I think it will continue.

Shaq Lawson has been added to the Bills active roster from PUP list. Rex Ryan said earlier this week he’d like to play him vs. Dolphins.
    Bring him! He won’t do shit!

So what do you guys think putting Jones on IR will do to his negotiation stance for an extension this off-season? (he hasn’t been designated yet, but will be) This off season there will only be one year left on his contract (I think, and am too lazy to look it up)

It has to be better for the Dolphins, from a negotiation standpoint, than had he gone to the probowl again this year.

It will either strengthen his side or weaken it. If the Phins play well without him, he loses some ground, if the defense goes to shit without him, then it strengthens it. I dont think it gives us much of anything in the long run other than maybe in how its structured. They may make the first and second years be at a lesser risk, ie most of guarantees be back loaded.

Tony Lippett is “questionable” for Sunday. Who do we put out there if he’s not good to go? McCane and have someone else cover the slot?

Id think it would likely be Chekwa or Benewirke if he has gotten the scheme down. McCain has played well in the slot but bad on the outside, i hope they dont do that.

Despite the Steelers’ best efforts, Ndamukong Suh has not been fined for striking Ben Roethlisberger’s knee with his foot.

Three other Dolphins were fined by the league for NFL violations in Week 6.

The NFL slapped right tackle Ja’Wuan James, running back Jay Ajayi and running back Damien Williams all with fines of $12,154 for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I think it’s bull shit that James got fined $12K for pulling a guy off his team mate in the pile. I thought the flag was BS when they threw it. This is just even worse.

that is over a third of Ajayi’s game day check and almost 1/3 of Williams check for the day.

Me too, i have seen hundreds of guys pull a guy off the pile with the level of aggressiveness that James did. Hell i have seen people snatching people off piles and not get a flag or a fine.

Ajayi got his because of the friggin celebration penalty?

If they got it for the celebration call then they should really take that up with the league office or get a lawyer because that is just the NFL milking them for money. Wasn’t anything about that celebration event that was lewd or threatening that could constitute an act that cost the NFL money.

164K in fines just from Week 5 in the NFL. If that is considered average then the NFL, just from the regular weeks of the season, gather 2.785 MILLION in fines.

The penalties and fines are out of control. There are extremes and stuff nobody cares about. The NFL seems to like flags more than good football and entertainment. Whatever, let them ruin their game, they’re only going to lose fans not gain them.

Just read an article that says they might actually start fining them for social media posting too….lol damn. Its getting kinda stupid. The flagging for end zone celebration is over the top ridiculous this year as are the number of flags being thrown for any and every reason, like that bullshit block in the back call that the other night.

Rock, I think it all depends on how highly the team views Jones. We’re going to be clearing quite a bit of cap space in 2017 so there will be enough there for Jones if they want to re-sign him.

Jones has already been put on IR and we signed DL Nick Williams to the roster.

I know they have their reasons, but man one of the most wierd things in the NFl for me is when they pick up players after cutting a guy or having to put a guy on IR. They pick up a DT, when we lost a S, and they really dont have any need for another DT currently and its not like he is just a beast and we snatched up this guy you couldn’t pass on. Thats one of the biggest head scratching thing in the NFL to me sometimes because there is just no obvious logic to it. Im sure they have their reasons, i just cant figure them out.

VJ said he’s confident with who they have at safety. I don’t think they’re really happy with some of the DL. They promoted DT Leon Orr to the roster last week and he was active.

Damn Sims now with another concussion too, he and Cameron might slurp from the same punch bowl as they stare out into space and drool on themselves in the NFL old folks home.

October 21, 2016 at 4:57 pm

—————————————
    Maybe, i know there were a couple plays i didnt like, watching Chris Jones last week. He seems a little smallish for DT, i think he would be better as a 3-4 DE.

Orr can be disruptive, he was at UF, got kicked off the team so he has had off field issues in the past, but he can be really disruptive in run or pass defense.

Will be interesting to see if he is competitive at this level.

Sorry i didnt remember that right, he walked out on the team, before being kicked off. He wasnt starting, missed several opportunities to start because we other guys ahead of him and he decided if he wasnt going to get to start, then he would just go back home, so he left Nashville while UF was there to play Vandy and went back to Gainseville. Muschamp kicked him off the team for it.

I think you nailed it. Orr is 6-5 320 and N. Williams is 6-4 309. Both are considered to be solid run defenders. C. Jones is 6-1 293. Remember they cut him and then re-signed him when Mitchell was put on IR.

The coaches are still learning and developing this team and trying to solves problems as they go.

Warmsley smallish too but he has been pretty impressive when i have actually saw him out there and watched him.

Yet he was inactive last week. No doubt the coaches are still searching for players they really trust.

I think Jordan Phillips is also still inconsistent despite all the talent in the world for a man that big. He flashes but the light has not come on yet.

He seems to not be able to muster enough motivation to bring it all game. He for sure has the talent. He looks down right dominant many many times a game it just flexes in and out. I dont understand that personally, usually people are kind on or off that way, rarely do you see someone so half in half out as he is.

• bookman11 says:

D, Wasn’t that one of the things the things that was said about him coming out of college? I thought the scouting reports on him mentioned him not always being motivated, or taking plays off…or am I remembering that wrong?

82. 81Howie says:

Evening Update
    DOLPHINS-BILLS
    Rock 37-17 BUF
    Old 23-20 BUF
    Piggy 24-23 MIA
    B’man 38-13 BUF
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    MikeE 23-20 MIA
    Stang 21-10 MIA
    Toba 27-17 MIA
    Bold 17-13 MIA
    Real 34-12 BUF
    GO PHINS!!

D, so far this year we have used or will use at DT Suh, Mitchell, Phillips, Warmsley, C.Jones, Orr and now N. Williams. 7 different DTs. That’s a lot by week 7.

At DE Wake, M. Williams, J. Jones, Branch and Fede. Not so crazy at 5 but these guys have been up and down too.

Using and looking at 12 DL through 6 games heading into game 7 is quite a bit. Something is going on here.

D says:
    October 21, 2016 at 3:45 pm

It will either strengthen his side or weaken it.

damn D, that has the be the most ballsy statement i have ever read in my life. i cant believe you went so far out their on a limb like that. wow dude what a way to take a stance. i have never seen so much courage.

The blog is dead….must be Fest weekend! lol

herdfan says:
    October 21, 2016 at 10:27 pm

The blog is dead….must be Fest weekend! lol

and here i thought it was since thill sole handed beat the steelers no one had anything to bitch about

It appears i have broke my camera. Dropped the bag it was in coming iut of a beer stire yesterday

• herdfan says:

That sucks! I still expect lots of pics though….everyone has a phone and every phone has a camera. I expect the FESTivities to be fully documented. 🙂

HERD AND OTHERS; I’ll be heading from the Tampa area to Dave & Buster’s in Hollywood in about an hour. Got my “FINS WIN” sign, my Dolphins flag, my Griese jersey and my Super Bowl XVII hat all ready to go. Still got to “stock” my cooler and finish packing my clothes, then it’s off for a 5-hour, 300 mile drive each way to my destination.
    ————–
    BEAT BUFFALO!!

Herd : we still have wifes camera but but my Zoom is toast so game action photos wont be great. Will concentrate more on the people i guess.

What happens at the Fest stays at the Fest

I would prefer we change the defensive system. I have always loved Zimmer’s defensive scheme…but then….it all hinges on the nose guard, so I always like that. The wide 9 may be what teams are moving to given the speed of the game and teams throwing more, but it’s always been too risky for me. We still need better talent at linebacker and DE regardless.

People get too carried away with the deep ball…or pocket presence…or making quick reads…or whatever. It’s actually an amalgamation of all of it. That’s why it’s such a demanding position. Deep passes allow you to back a defense off and help your running game. It also helps create big, chunk plays, so you don’t have to score on 15 play-80 yard drives all the time. Pocket presence keeps your QB upright to make throws and helps your OL…also preventing sacks which can kill drives. It also gives your receivers more time to make a move. On and on with whatever facet you’re discussing.
    ***
    The bottom line is whether or not your QB is effective, especially when it matters most. Put aside the “Yeah, but(s)…” or “But look at this stat.”. In 4+ years, has Tannehill been effective in making plays and putting points on the board…especially when it matters most? Everyone gets to decide for themselves what they see. I see an athlete trying to play QB…always have.

Lou,
    Beathard looking very ineffective against Wisconsin today. I like the way the kid plays, but I don’t see NFL starter.

Randy, we don’t even always play the wide 9. We play a lot of classic 4-3 as well. Like any system, it comes down to talent.

All teams have a base defense, and they all play variations off it. The wide 9 is a 4-3 defensive formation, so, of course, we run more “classic” 4-3 formations off it. I don’t like the stress it puts on your defense.

What I’m saying is I don’t see it as often as people talk about it. I don’t see the DEs out that wide all the time. A lot of the time we’re lined up straight up on the DL with a WOLB who attacks the backfield or drops. But that’s not the wide 9.

well at least he did the last game. pitt got within one td and thill came out and scored on one play to put the game away

It’s not just about how you line up your DEs though, Tim.

98. Phindog says:

Hey.. they allow dogs on the beach… Cool !!!

Hoping all of you at the fest have a great time.

ffr
    Still riding the fence on Tannehill, so you can stir the pot on both ends, as usual? Lol
    ***
    I’m still hoping last week was a step in the right direction…for the whole team. It’s still okay for Tanny to show he’ s more than average. I didn’t come away from that game thinking Tanny won it for us in any way. I thought he was part of a good team effort…and there’s nothing wrong with that. Let’s hope he continues to build on last week too. We all know the whole team needs to get better…but it’s only with the Tannehill debate that you have to qualify every comment with some excuse. Lol

randy

just having fun and love pointing out when you guys talk shit. you sat and said that just look at him but dont blame any other aspect of the team for his shortcomings. well if that is the case then he also gets all the credit for that last run by aajiayiajay however the fuck you spell his name.

and you keep asking for thill to show he is more then average makes no sense. he is in his 5th year stop waiting for him to be something he is never going to be and then being mad that he isnt something you want him to be. that just makes no sense.

and as far as qualifying the thill debate, i dont do that i just point out some of the foolishness. like you just said, it is okay for him to show he is more then average……what other players on the team are okay to be just average but since thill cant be something you want he sucks. when every other player on the team is average or below he is the only one you constantly point out sucks.

like i have said over and over and over, this whole franchise sucks but lets just constantly focus on the one player that most on here knows sucks.

Rockphin arrivs at Dave & Busters……

October 22, 2016 at 5:06 pm

So FFR, do you think we’ll make the playoffs? LOL

I figure i got about another 12-15 years left unless my liver just says fuck it and gives up. so yeah i think in about 16 years they will have a winning record, hell make the playoff, hellllllllll will win the SB. fuck that they will even probably go undefeated again.

Hello from Festavis Eve!

Stang 21-10 MIA
    Toba 27-17 MIA
    Bold 17-13 MIA
    Real 34-12 BUF
    GO PHINS!!

ffr,
    You can do that with every single player that’s ever played. It’s a given with everyone that other things impact their game. The point is you can still evaluate a specific player with all that in mind. Part of the evaluation can be how he actually does perform when things around him aren’t great…which is often in the NFL. I watch Tannehill, and I don’t see HIM making plays that make a difference all that often. Of course it happens, but it’s not frequent. Does he sometimes make a great play and some other player screws it up? Of course. Just as his OL does a great job of protection, and he stands there and takes a sack. Or his receiver runs a great route, and Tanny just misses him. All that happens. You can STILL evaluate one guy. People always try to drag other stuff into it. Whether or not the team sucks is a different conversation than what sort of QB Tanny is.
    ***
    Here’s the bottom line with me: Tannehill is not the sort of QB who can win games for you in tough situations even if he has a decent team around him. Could he some year do just enough to somehow get this to team through the playoffs and to a championship? Sure, but I doubt it. I feel the same about our OL and most of our team.
    ***
    I wonder if all those people in Florida are drunk and hitting on transvestites yet. Is that still a thing, even? I’m old.

ffr,
    I actually do expect more from the QB position. Probably because it has a lot more impact on the game than any other position, and it’s not even close. Not being able to exploit that situation the league provides you, makes it that much harder to win. Yes, you can win with an average QB, but it’s the exception not the norm. Even when a team wins with a an average QB it’s likely because that average QB had a good year…or the team around them was great in some way.
    ***
    I want to build a great overall team. I just think it’s a lot easier to win with the right guy at QB.

Cubs win!

Randy,

that is the is the first sound logical argument for saying he sucks i can not say anything too. i dont know if he can or not. IMO that is a solid argument to say about him. i dont know if he can either.