Banner’s Banter

bruce-banner-image

By Dr. Bruce Banner

Hello, Bruce Banner here. It’s been a while since I have had a chance to hang around and enjoy a Dolphins win. In fact the last time I really remember being happy about the Dolphins was on January 9, 2000. That was the day that Dan Marino led a come from behind 20-17 win in the AFC wild card game against the Seattle Seahawks. It would be Dan Marino’s last come from behind victory but it was great to see. Then there was the next weekend when the Dolphins went on to get destroyed by the Jacksonville Jaguars 62-7. I don’t really remember much about that game. I remember waking up the next morning with my TV smashed. The remote in pieces, giant holes in the wall, the cat hiding from me, my neighbors refusing to talk to me and my pants and shirt all being ripped ripped and torn to pieces but barely  covering my you know whats. I just had a feeling like I was run over by a freight train.

Ever since that Sunday in 2000 against Jacksonville I don’t remember much about any Dolphin game but for I remember waking up in similar manner. However, this Monday morning I woke up, my clothes were not torn, my cat wasn’t afraid of me, my neighbor said high to me and Scarlet Johansson was in bed next to me. But most importantly I remember in vivid detail the last 4 weeks of Miami Dolphins football. Monday mornings sure feel good again but I am trying to figure out what is different. Why are these last few Mondays so much better than what they have been?

Well one thing is for certain is that the Dolphins have been playing some good football. I have seen the Dolphins string together 4 consecutive wins for the first time since they won 5 in a row in 2008. What is even better about that is that each one of those games has been fun to watch. There were so many times in the past 17 years where the Dolphins won but they would be boring  games. Right now I am watching this kid they call the J-Train run amok against NFL defenses. He wears down his opponents and then as the game rolls on he starts to break off the chunk yards. I am watching Ryan Tannehill emerge as a more complete QB who is capable of leading his team in big moments such as the 2 minute drill at the end of the 1st half against Pittsburgh, or the 64 yard scoring strike to put the dagger in the Bills and seal the win for us or such as the 56 yard strike after we just lost the lead late in the game on the road against the Chargers. I am watching an offensive line that has been much maligned for years knock people off the ball and keep their QB up right, all led by an improbable rookie who has an affinity for gas masks. I am watching a team that finds non traditional ways to score when they are down like a big special teams return for the win against the Jets or big interception return for the win against the Chargers. Most importantly I am seeing a young coach grow into a leader by exerting his will on his players and by holding the players accountable for what they do on and off the field. Yes Mondays feel good again.

So how long will these good Monday mornings last? I don’t know but I intend to bask in the radiant sunlight as long as I can before some giant green guy shows up and wrecks the place again. Banner out.

Here is something else that Makes Hulk Happy:

scarlett_johansson_avengers_ultron_cleavage1

312 Responses to Banner’s Banter

1. 81Howie says:

I’m Not Doing This Again
    DOLPHINS-RAMS
    Howie 37-20 MIA
    BLOW OUT!!!

Apparently Scarlett has everyone mesmerized and they can’t post!

Scarlett’s Johanssons ^

Our D line was so good yesterday, they were non stop. River’s made some plays but it was made very difficult for him by our front.The penalties sucked and we allowed them to keep too many drives alive because of it. But the picks, sure a lot were bad throws but they were bad throws because of the pressure we were getting up front.

Keep the mojo mofo’s

herdfan says:
    November 14, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Apparently Scarlett has everyone mesmerized and they can’t post!

i dont think it is scarlett as much as her jugahansons

you guys are e drinking too much Kool-Aid even I haven’t started the still back up yet.

12-4 😂

Now I have to go and read what Dr. Banner has to say where the hell is Hulk

Wow very shiny

Make Rockphin happy too

Nice write up Dr. Banner! Good job! Here’s to hoping Hulk lost his job permanently for this season, and many seasons to come!

Mikey likey Scarlett. I think her zipper is broken

Man I am watching last nights episode of The Walking Dead and I don’t know if I can watch this show anymore. NEGAN MUST DIE

12. naplesfan2010 says:

BotW

Praise God for His two most perfect creations.
    Women and Bourbon, that is.

27-3 Miami

naplesfan2010 says:
    November 14, 2016 at 9:02 pm

BotW

Praise God for His two most perfect creations.
    Women and Bourbon, that is.

i am pretty sure his two most perfect creations are right and left boob

naplesfan2010 says:
    November 14, 2016 at 9:17 pm

meh … seen one, ya seen ’em both.

lmao, naples, the uniboob fan

• naplesfan2010 says:

They are like jealous or something. Everything you do to the right one, the left one immediately DEMANDS the same treatment. And vice versa, back and forth, back and forth, it’s like they just crave attention 24/7.

naplesfan2010 says:
    November 14, 2016 at 9:16 pm (Edit)
    depends on the Bourbon …there IS some cheap whisky out there.
    ————-
    There are some pretty cheap women out there…oh wait a minute

• naplesfan2010 says:

Well I do NOT recommend trying to match cheap to cheap; much safer to just go ahead and always combine high quality whiskey with what ever grade of women you have on hand.
      It’s Pascal’s Wager all over again.

LOL @ naples. yeah boobs can be like that. that is why i make the sacrifice for man kind to be the man that is willing to give boobage 24/7 attention. no no no, no need to thank me for making that sacrifice for all you guys, it was why i was put on this earth so you men dont have to suffer with 24/7 boob attention, it is my honor and duty

Rockphin says:
    November 14, 2016 at 8:44 pm (Edit)

Wow very shiny

I even noticed that! lol

Hulk, you need to do Mike E’s babes too lol. I just read about Alex Smith. Tannehil is already beyond that guy even though that’s all I ever expected him to be. Good job finally getting the OL we needed even if the last part was pure luck. Good job from Tannehill to keep working at his game. Time to pull out the 17-12 victory dance this week. Tim, are your guys ready to dance?

Sooooooooo shiny……..

81Howie says:
    November 14, 2016 at 7:33 pm
    I’m Not Doing This Again
    DOLPHINS-RAMS
    Howie 37-20 MIA
    BLOW OUT!!!

They break my heart again

35-28 LA

Just so soooooooo shiny!

Howie,

Have to keep this going

Rams 38 Dolphins 13

I wonder if her hiney is shiny . . .

Howie

MIA 30 – LAR 10

I really hope he can play through it. The whole dynamic changes without him in there.

Hopefully if he has to sit out a game or two, Tunsil can man LT and Urbik seems to do a solid job when he’s had to come in at LG.

I’m not sure, but it doesn’t seem like it’s the type of injury that a week is going to make a difference. If he has ligament damage in his wrist, he’s either going to try and play through it, or he’s done for the season.

Well yeah but he did play through it in the game he injured it in. My thinking is the swelling has to go down and maybe in a week or two it won’t be ass painful but I don’t really know.

Good to see you Bruce! 😉

28. I’m a site stalker and don’t post much, but the picture made me laugh and I had to give a response. That’s a photoshopped picture of Scarlett.

That’s the real one.

Nice read!

Nice write up Bruce!

We’ll get a tazer when we miss the big green guy!

Why would his wrist injury be painful to his ass? Do you mean the cast when he has to wipe? lol

Nice job ken. I also feel good about this team and coaching staff. They seem to get it a lot more than the philbin bunch. I don’t see us making the playoffs this year but I think we’ll win more than we lose. That’s a huge step up.

The Dolphins are soaring in the power rankings everywhere, and rightfully so. The Dolphins apparently started the Steelers demise, and the Jets too, maybe even the Bills as well. They’re playing winning football, and it’s a good formula. I think if they can stay healthy, it’s sustainable.

One team I really want to beat, and beat soundly, is the Baltimore Ravens. Time to return the favor, and it’s time for them to get knocked off their perch anyway.

If the dolphins are soaring in the power rankings

Why isnt anyone posting those rankings….lol

Im know pork Doctor
    But I tend to think of Albert sits out a couple of games – it can help him deal with the pain of he has to play through it

Tunsil can handle LT for a couple of games
    Hopefully urbik can do the job at LG

“However, this Monday morning I woke up, my clothes were not torn, my cat wasn’t afraid of me, my neighbor said high to me and Scarlet Johansson was in bed next to me. But most importantly I remember in vivid detail the last 4 weeks of Miami Dolphins football.”

Good to see Dr. Banner back (even if thinking that might be the kiss of death for the team), but who was that sitting next to me when we were down 10-3? If that wasn’t the Hulk then Dr. Banner is not as mild mannered as I thought. 🙂

And great write, as always. Hard too follow with all those big words and long sentences though.

Per request of our Great Pig.

NFL.com — 12

Wow. The Dolphins’ defense came out of nowhere to deliver four fourth-quarter takeaways to an offense in need Sunday. Don’t misunderstand: Miami’s offense wasn’t awful. The Chargers contained Jay Ajayi, while Adam Gase’s game plan did not call for Ryan Tannehill to air it out. That’s why Kiko Alonso’s long interception return for a touchdown ultimately decided the outcome. Maybe people aren’t buying into Miami right now, but a team that can run the football and force turnovers always has a chance in December/January, when the competition and weather get rougher.
    ——

CBS (Prisco) –13

They are just two games out of first place in the AFC East. Can you believe it?

The Dolphins are so laying at 4pm again this week
    And it’s he only fox game scheduled
    So they may be on national tv again

Yahoo Sports seems to be alone in not giving the Dolphins respect, they have us at #19

They appear to be thinking teams that are playing poorly now will rebound,but that’s not how the PW should work, it’s a static thing.

I have always thought the power ranking guys jump up the “hot team” just cause it gets attention — and thinking that us right now.

More sobering in the NFL and CBS rankings are that in each, Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos are in the top 6. We might end up being the team that everyone hopes doesn’t make the playoffs.

Piggy, I just checked and as of right now the Fox game at 4:30 is the Pats/49ers. Ugh!

Vinnie I like my picture better

PFF Week Nine grades: Wake, Mitchell, Parker, Tannehill, Pouncey, Maxwell great; Alonso, Ajayi solid; Jenkins, McCain, rest of OL not too good

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article114862608.html#storylink=cpy

DE Cameron Wake recorded five more QB hurries and two sacks and continues to see his playing time increase week-to-week. For the season, he’s graded as the fourth-best edge defender in pass rushing with a grade of 87.3.
      ——————–

Apparently Wake is not willing to go silently into the the peed-edge-rusher good night. And the guy takes care of his body like Zach did.

Ken says:
    November 15, 2016 at 12:08 pm (Edit)
    Vinnie I like my picture better

I just saw that! Cmon Vinnie.
    Join in the discussion.

and this is how it starts…..😈

Agreed on Vinnie popping in (and not like we bite, least most of us), but am just amazed we have “site stalkers”…….we must be a collective someone. 🙂

Oops, I guess they hadn’t updated their Power Rankings until now.

Yahoo now has us at #10!

Lol @ Vinnie the site stalker

I love Ken’s pic
    But I was thinking “I don’t remember the movie taking it to that level, how did I miss that”

Now I realize it’s photoshop

That’s quite a photoshop

bonus points for the cleavage glaze

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
    Jared Goff will make his first NFL start Sunday at home vs Miami Dolphins, per @mortreport. Goff tries to give Rams postseason push.

in or out?

I called that in Ask Mike

And don’t that make our game one for the nation to pay attention too?

Hoping it has more to do with them folding it in since they are 4-5 (we know what 5-4 looks like) and getting the guy some live training in than anything else.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

He could come out and want to show the rams fans that he’s as good as wentz and just go off. I wish they had waited one more week before making the switch 😉

Boulder

I would rather face a rookie in his first NFL game than facing a veteran

more often than not the results are disastrous

November 15, 2016 at 12:58 pm (Edit)
    Don’t tell me how for the good of all humanity!!!

do you really want to see hamsters with boobs?

They’re boobs so I’m saying yes they will.

LMAO

I’d rather face Goff as well. He may be more talented than Keenum, but he’s going to have a lot to process, and he’s probably going to make a few wrong reads, and not recognize where the pressure is coming from.

Ross is happy, I’m happy and the rest of you can make up your own minds…..even if wonder what OD is thinking these days about our owner.

Will note though that mellow Ross also subtly threw most of his former coaches and GMs under the bus.
    —————————

“I have the right guy now. I have the guy I wanted. Adam has already changed the culture of the Miami Dolphins. The organization is working well together now. That’s the first time that’s happened. Everybody is on the same page for the first time.”

Agreed facing Goff is the better matchup because he’ll have butterflies, our DL is balling and we’re now starting to throw in more schematic looks on defense because they’re coming together as a group. It’s not great, but it’s been pretty good. I don’t think it will be an easy game for Goff. If I was an objective betting man I’m taking the Dolphins with the spread.

The Rams are a good rush defense though they don’t have a lot of sacks (16) but they do pressure the QB. They’re solid against the run but not dominant.

On offense they’re not particularly good anywhere even with Gurley who’s had a dud season so far.

This is a game we should win.

59. 81Howie says:

1st Real Update
    DOLPHINS-RAMS
    Howie 37-20 MIA
    Piggy 27-3 MIA
    N/A 17-12 MIA
    Rock 35-28 LA
    B’man 38-13 LA
    MikeE 30-10 MIA
    BLOW OUT!!!

Yeah and really distasteful.

Looks like we are one point favorites right now against the Rams. Yeah that is nice on the road, but we for sure have another ball game to play.

Not that it always matters but we’re better than the Rams. I’ve seen them a few times this year now and they are not better than us anywhere. It’s even in some areas but we have the edge in others. This game will come down to turnovers. If we don’t have them I think we beat them by 10 at the least.

62. Facing a rookie QB can be hit or miss imo. They have a tendency to play out of their minds, especially when defenses don’t have a lot of film on them and cannot game plan around them. On the flip side, Fisher is a conservative coach so I doubt he will pull out the fun bag (and no, I’m not talking about Scarlett’s boobs) like you would see Rex Ryan pull on us. I really hope our D-Line gives Goff a nice welcoming to the NFL. I think Fisher is an idiot and throwing him to the wolves against one of the top D-Lines in the game. Wake and Suh may rip his head off.

20-9 MIA.

Welcome Vinnie!

I’m not sure Goff finishes this game. We’ve banged up a quite a few QBs this year and the defense is playing better now. The Rams OL is not good.

Welcome Vinnie!

Vinnie

As long as we keep Gurley in check, we’ll make it very hard for Goff to succeed Sunday. Make them one dimensional, and we’ll make him make mistakes.

Hey Vinnie! You came back. Welcome to the blog. Time will tell if that was a good decision on your part! 😏

Jared Goff will make his first NFL start at quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams, in front of a home crowd this Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, the team announced Tuesday.

Jared Goff will make his last NFL start of the season at quarterback for the Los Angleles Rams, in front of a home crowd this Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, Cameron Wake & Ndamukong Suh announce moments later.

Howie, I might change this as the week goes on but my pick for this week on Tues. is MIA 30-13.

Oops, I guess they hadn’t updated their Power Rankings until now.

Yahoo now has us at #10!

ESPN has us allllllll the way up at….#17…..

We have to stop the run and let Goff beat us. I bet their oline is gonna play really good to give Goff as much help as possible. We’ll see but I’m more worried about this game than everyone else. I think this is a game we can easily lose.

The only good thing about ESPN is the games they air…the ability to see multiple football and basketball games is awesome….too bad they also pay people on that network to talk..

The rams were favored by 1 yesterday. After Goff announcement the phins are now favored by 1.5. So Vegas is thinking along the same line as others.

73. 81Howie says:

2nd Real Update
    Except for Bookman
    DOLPHINS-RAMS
    Howie 37-20 MIA
    Piggy 27-3 MIA
    N/A 17-12 MIA
    Rock 35-28 LA
    B’man 38-13 LA
    MikeE 30-10 MIA
    Wyo 28-17 MIA
    Vinn 20-9 MIA
    Tim 30-13 MIA
    BLOW OUT!!!

I hate facing rookie Quarterbacks they always seem to play their best against us.

Denver first city to allow marijuana in bars, restaurants, etc. WOW!

All the arguing about is this photo shopped…answer is yes, and not very well, they didnt even blend the skin color. Tits that have a better tan tone than the skin that isn’t clothed most the time…come on man. I get it, doesn’t matter to most guys, so to go along with your statement Piggy, yeah if you slap these tits on your hamster, it will be just as big a winner!

4 Dolphins were ranked top t their position this week

Ryan Tannehill
      DeVante Parker
      Earl Mitchell
      and Suh

Suh has actually been having a great year
      but a lot of people will don’t seem to think so

I don’t know if they ban ciggerettes in bars and restaurants in Denver

Anyone know?

NYC has banned them for about a decade now

Boulder its kinda how the stock market fluctuates when you elect a new president (and yes it always drops a little right after an election, not a Trump abnormality as the media would have you believe). This kind of reaction is due to uncertainty more so than really thinking it will be a positive or negative change. The fact it didnt flip the thing around that big, basically going from them edging us out in a close game to us edging them out in a close game says to me they dont feel Goff will be any worse than Keenum, he just desnt have the degree of certainty as Keenum. Also means that the odds makers think this is going to be a slug fest with both team being limited by big play ability and needing ground game to grind out a win. They initially had us losing by home field avantage probability, so throw inability to predict the QB play for bad or good, now we have a little more stable team than them. Id bet if you got feedback on what they think score will be its probably something like 7-6 lol, and with these defenses, that might be right. I kinda think ST’s play and turnover differential really does win it for us because they, like us are pretty similar on both sides of the ball.

Princess Leia reveals that she was actually porking Han Solo

this changes my childhood
    everything I ever knew about the difference between movies and real life is a lie

Han and Leia were really getting it on

Suh has possibly had his best year ever this year. Its a little different from the years in detroit but he has just dominated over there. He was doing this even very early on but without the LB play, which has definately gotten better, it was hard to see the effect. Its becoming really clear right now. Its hard sometimes to evaluate the trench play, its just ot flashy, it doesnt jump out at you on either side.

there are times when he just ends a play before it begins
      its not a big play (like a Kiko Alonso interception) but you can just see the offense realizes a play is dead

I wish Mario Williams was playing at a higher level

that Williams, Wake & Suh combo with everyone playing at their higher caliber really could be a good one

Williams isnt playing bad, but i think he plays a lot better from the RDE side. When Wake is in and he moves to the RDE spot, he looks much better

We’ll see if Mario is on the injury report this week. He had an ankle injury

I’m curious if R2D2 or C3PO were getting any . . .

Andre Branch is the same player as OV at about $80M less. Neither are finishers, they do however create havoc.

Quinn isn’t out for the Rams this week- he’s returning to practice tomorrow.

I didn’t realize Quinn was going to be checked out so quickly. Oh well

87. 81Howie says:

Problem with Suh is on every play there are so many guys in the middle that its hard if not impossible to pick him out and actually see him take someone out and we rarely hear his name called even by the analyst.
    Oh well, I was glad to have him last season as well.

Does this thing work?

The AFC W won’t look as good when they finish playing each other. DEN & KAN still have to play each other twice and OAK once. OAK has DEN, KAN, & SAN to go.

Suh has been having an excellent season. I don’t know if he is worth the 20 million but he is playing well. He does draw lots of off sides penalties but that is part of the way he plays he is so aggressive and so quick of the line that I think you just have to accept that he will get some of those but it is worth it for the amount of interior pressure that he generates.

Welcome back Phelonious

I came to troll Coach Lou about Tannehill, but he is MIA. Anybody have contact with him? Is he okay?

92. 81Howie says:

Plus they could possibly lose one to a non division opponent along the way
    We better not lose more than one

Boulder, from that still shot I would have to say he was in. You can see the bottom of his shoe so he is on his toe or ball of his foot and from the position of his foot the ball of his foot is in bounds the heel is off the ground, he is in bounds

D if you break your posts up into paragraphs I might be able to read one

Lou drops by from time to time

Ken he also draws a lot of fall starts from the offense of lineman in front of him I was one of the guys screaming that he wasn’t worth it and it was a big mistake but I am glad he is on the team now in root for him (is it root or route?)

Haven’t seen him since we started winning but I can’t be on all day anymore

Phish, Lou has been here recently. I think it’s other the blog he stepped away from.

Hey Phish good to see you.

There isn’t much bad that can be said about Tannehill now. He appears to have taken a step in the right direction. I want him to keep slinging it like he’s been and keep up moving in the pocket the way he has been lately.Good stuff..

Good job Ken, but if you think you woke up next to Scarlett I’m sorry to tell you you were still dreaming. lol

I hope Stanger isn’t right that the appearence of Banner is the kiss of death. Nah, Suh has that D playing good right now, just have to limit friggin penalties Bobby McCain. Knock it off.

Phelon!! Good to see ya in this neighborhood bud!

Jakeem you’re killin me bro. Gotta stop that shit now.

Drake should be our kick returner anyway, he’s so natural at it. And I’m sure we’ll see Landry fielding punts deep in our own territory.

pheloniusphish says:

November 15, 2016 at 7:33 pm (Edit)

Does this thing work?

*****************************
    That’s what I’m hoping, they beat each other up, and we sneak in!

Hey Son if I am good enough for Jason Taylor’s former stewardess then why not Scarlet Johansson?

Mike E – I don’t want to sneak in. I want them to win out and for DEN (or anyone else) to beat NE. I want the last game of the season to be for the division and for Miami to kick NE’s ass.

Welcome Phish
    Good to see you here

I think a big key to this season so far is they’re asking Tannehill to do less. He’s averaging about 7 fewer pass attempts a game this season. We’re more balanced and not relying on him to make plays to win games. We’re still a mediocre team that’s been eking out wins against some of the worst teams in the league. But, we’re making strides towards being a more complete and competitive team. We’re winning games we used to lose. I hope we continue to get better when the competition gets better.

Let’s not sneak into the postseason

Let’s NUKE the whole league

Let’s kill me all and dominate

(Piggy begins to foam at the mouth)
    Fuck New England

Let’s beat them so bad their grandmothers get pregnant

(Piggy bites on a brick and spits out the dust)

Have faith in Jakeem
    He is due for a big play
    A big game even

I don’t think there will be any sneaking in right now we are two games back from the AFC West teams and New England. If we continue to win and New England loses one more game it will come down to us kicking the doors in the final game of the year

I am not thinking any playoff scenarios now. Just keep winning and playing good ball is all I want to see. I think making the playoffs is highly unlikely. We could well end up 10-6 and still not make the playoffs.

I don’t think we can count on the Bucs to beat the Chiefs but Houston could beat the Raiders in Mexico City on Monday night. Denver is off.

113. 81Howie says:

Prof. was here for the Jets game but I havnt seen Phelon in like 6 years

Props to Vinnie for fact checking Dr. Banner.

I looked at the bottom pic and thought, “man those are some serious fakiees.” Figured it was some Hollywood Nip n Tuck thing.

Thanks to Vinnie learned that they were even faker than I thought and that the job was not done in Hollywood.

Suh is really not playing any different than he ever has. He’s elite….possibly the best in the league. He just tends to go rogue from time to time and expose other guys. You just gotta trust that he plays disciplined enough not to hurt you too bad because on the other end he can make big stops all by himself.

Randy — undisciplined he is (and not talking penalties there), but at the same time he takes up two guys in the middle of the O-line. To me, that in of itself makes him a difference-maker. Pretty sure Wake don’t mind at least.

116. 81Howie says:

Morning Update
    DOLPHINS-RAMS
    Howie 37-20 MIA
    Piggy 27-3 MIA
    N/A 17-12 MIA
    Rock 35-28 LA
    B’man 38-13 LA
    MikeE 30-10 MIA
    Wyo 28-17 MIA
    Vinn 20-9 MIA
    Tim 30-13 MIA
    BLOW OUT!!!

HOWIE — HOWIE — HOWIE

Old 23-16 MIA Fins win and cover the spread!

Randy

Your 9:26PM comment, although Phelon gave you a pass with “Fair enough”, isn’t fair at all!

Our first win on this win streak was Pittsburgh, who everyone thought was a SB contender, and why not, they were 4-1, and playing at a very high level. Keep in mind the Dolphins knocked Ben out of the game, and he hasn’t been the same since.

Then we faced the 4-1 Bills who were on fire in their own right, having won 4 in a row, and were also 4-1, and we beat them.

Now the Jets I can give you, although coming into that game, the Jets had won 2 in a row, and were 3-5, but certainly not a “good team”.

Then we went out west, to face a decent Chargers team in their house, fresh off putting up 43 points on the Titans, and the Chargers were 4-5.

The rest of your statement is accurate, with a little negative slant to Tannehill, which I can deal with. It’s nice to have a balanced attack, and he has played well, especially late in games, so it’s not just the J-Train. 🙂

Please send in your questions

ASK MIKE nj1dolfan@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Go Dolphins!

Sounds a lot better than 20%. Just keep winning, like I said, the rest will take care of itself

“In the previous three NFL seasons, 39 teams have had winning streaks of four or more games — like the Dolphins are on now — and 33 of those teams (84.6 percent) made the playoffs.”

Call BS spin on Perkins — how many of those teams started 1-4?

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree. It seems like 10 wins won’t be enough this year for playoffs. So we can win 10 wins and miss playoffs like the Jets did last year. I just hope next year we won’t have a season like the Jets are having right now.

• bookman11 says:

Stanger

At least it is a positive spin towards the Dolphins……have not always seen that from these writers in the past.

Wyo

Your 9:37AM post ties in very well with my 8:41AM post to Randy. We did put a hurting on opposing teams QB’s, including Russell Wilson as well, even though we lost that game.

we’ve played really well
      and I think that is the bottom line
      ST mistakes and penalties have really kept the last 2 games close
      but we still one those games

The Steelers and Bills games were both lopsided victories in our favor
      and when you look at the teams left on our schedule:
      Rams, Cards, Ravens, 49ers and each of the division foes again
      I think the early part of our schedule was the hardest part
      the competition really is not going to get better

the 2 games on the road against division foes in Dec jump out as tougher games for us to win
      they aren’t good teams
      but those games are never easy wins

winning out
      and even the playoffs is an uphill climb
      probably not going to happen

but more importantly – we are playing well and building something

we are actually finally good at something
      and that has been lacking on this team for a long time

I’m less concerned about the final record and making the playoffs
      and more concerned about playing well and building something

and I think we are playing very well against the best competition we are going to face

Is there another team in the NFL than can claim to have played Patriots and Seahawks on the road. Those are legit super bowl contenders and we played both down to the wire

I say this with respect to Randy – he just doesn’t want to get his head in the clouds as usual. But I think the assessment was dead wrong, the schedule doesn’t get harder and we aren’t squeaking out wins, we are imposing our will on teams.

Clutch plays in the 4 game win streak

Big plays

Maybe Randy has a point about eeking wins

Isn’t it impressive though to see so many big plays in different ways

So Piggy, what you’re saying is even when we win it’s not good enough. LOL

No I’m saying the opposite

Even if we don’t win out
      even if we lose

its good enough for me
      I’m excited about this team again

if we are doing something well
      and building a good team
      and we are

I would not be surprised to see us lose one or two of the next couple of games in the upcoming 4 games before we get into those final division games

that may take the wind out of some people’s sails
      but in the grand scheme of things – if we continue to follow this formula, its better than we have seen for a long time

I’m no longer thinking about having to get a new QB
      I’m no longer thinking this defense was built to be ahead in games and is soft
      I’m no longer thinking we need playmakers

of we keep up the way we play, but not necessarily the winning,
      the way we approach the offseason is dramatically different than it was after the 1-4 start

Piggy, I’m so psyched that our offense has become what it has where RT is not in shotgun all day having to make all the plays. I’ve been hoping for this since he’s been here. I always felt he would flourish in a balanced offense throwing in the 25-32 range as opposed to 35 and up and it’s working. 🙂

• bookman11 says:

I am glad they FINALLY followed your formula for success!…LOL

I hear people calling RT a game manager now and I think its wrong
      if the running game is working – less passes don’t make a guy a game manager
      we are not turning Tannehill into Dilfer
      Dilfer is unique to a great Ravens defense

but if you look at winnign QBs like Wilson, Flacco, Manning in 2015, Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls before passing for 4k yards, 2007 Eli Manning

there are a lot of underwhelming passing stats

Tannehill is on pace for close to 3800 yards
      He’s not a game manager

its not a drew brees/aaron rogers kind of offense
      but those offenses aren’t generally very successful

balance works in the NFL
      Philbin was way off course from that

• bookman11 says:

Piggy,

I agree with you. This is how I look at it, right or wrong.
        When it is 3rd and long do you put it in the hands of the defense by running a conservative play, or do you put it in the hands of the QB to make a play, or an explosive play to keep the ball.

I say we are the latter.

Agreed! If RT is a game manager so was Joe Montana.

I hated that shot gun only offense also. Now it is actually not shocking when they go with 3 TEs or an extra lineman and run the ball right at people, daring them to stop it.

In the past it would have been a flanker screen twice in a row, daring the defense to miss a tackle or something.

Yep! I hated it. Oh no we’re down 10-0 start of the 2nd qtr we can’t run anymore. Let’s throw 15 bubble screens that average 5 yards because that will get us in the endzone. Ugh!

• bookman11 says:

Don’t forget when we DID run on short yardage….shot gun, single back, QB pitches to the RB 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage…but that is also where the defense ended up on the play…LOL

MikeE,
    I disagree, but I’m okay with people having hope and feeling good about the team. It’s nice to even be in a position where we see some hope. I think we’ll still end up around 8-8 + or – a game. If we do better than that, great! Aside from Pittsburgh…who was missing a lot of starters…we haven’t beaten anybody I would consider a good team. Wins are wins, but when you’re trying to predict or assess the quality of a team, you gotta also assess the quality of the opponent. As I said a couple days ago. The combined records of the team’s we’ve beaten is like 15-33. I just hope we continue to get better and build from here.
    ***
    I wasn’t trying to slight Tannehill…just stating how things have changed…and the impact that has had on our level of success. It’s something I’ve been commenting on for years, so I’m consistent. This isn’t something new I just threw out there now. We needed to deemphasize the passing game and emphasis the running game. We did that, and we’re more successful. Tannehill could very well end the season with around 20 TDs and 15 INTs. That’s caretaker, average QB….and that’s fine if it ends in wins. If tanneholics wanna take that as a negative…so be it. Everyone has their entrenched opinion about him, and arguing about it is pointless….but good for the blog. Lol

• bookman11 says:

Randy,

I think it is great having your insight on the blog. We all know how boring it gets on here when everyone agrees with each other…LOL

I would rather have that though than the losing.

Randy, which teams are really good teams?

So watching RT flourish in the offense I’ve always said it best suited for him makes me a Tanneholic? So what’s your nickname then?

Also nobody cared when we were down players specifically on the OL the last few years and couldn’t block anyone. Those were just excuses not reasons, so no excuses for opponents either then, right? 😉

LOL @ Bookman.

129. drg says:

I watched Goff against Utah last year. Utah loves to disguise coverages until the last possible second, zone/man coverage mix, and generally tries to confuse QBs as much as possible. Goff threw 6 INTs that day and really struggled reading coverage. Some of the techniques Joseph used last week against SD should be really effective against Goff. Don’t underestimate the kid though. He made some of the best throws I’ve seen in a while during that game too.

I kinda expect a typical rookie up and downs
      With big downs

But that is not about Goff that’s just usually the way the NFL works for rookie QBs

I made the same point yesterday. As this defense becomes more comfortable playing together you can see VJ adding more to their plate. We baited Rivers who is a seasoned top vet QB into at least two of those 4th qtr picks.

I think there is a good chance we dominate the Rams. I don’t think they’re that good.

Bottle up Gurley and don’t let him get to the 2nd level too many times and we can control him. He doesn’t look particularly quick but he can gain speed in the open field and then use his power. Austin is the guy we have to key on. I think we have the corners to contest Britt’s size. The Rams defense is solid, nothing special, I don’t care what their ranking is. I’ve seem them play quite a bit because I have Gurley on my FF team and they’ve been on TV a few times so it was convenient.

Looks like I will be watching the Rams game at slatterys

Any northeastern era want to join me?

For Tim and Mike E

132. drg says:

Pig,

Goff isn’t really a RPO type QB that can hurt us with his legs if the initial read isn’t there. As long as we take away the running game he’s going to struggle. If I were LA I would run the ball as much as possible and mix in some play action passes to test our weak secondary, but I’d definitely go heavy and not spread the field. They need to protect him as much as possible. If we can score 17 points I think it’s a win.

The Rams OL isn’t very good. They struggle running the ball and they’re not so good in pass pro either. I love this matchup. I think our defense dominates their offense and we score on their defense setup by turnovers, STs and a couple of nice drives.

I’m way more confident in this game than the SD game. A loss to the Rams would bum me out even though it’s not an AFC matchup. We’re better than them.

sawSo how on this team might go to the Pro Bowl based on so far even with what might happen? Just saw a Phinsider’s list of who might. Will list with my thoughts (an not thinking about if others after others back out). Anyone else?

Jarvis Landry (maybe….but tough WR crowd)
    Cameron Wake (perhaps if keeps it up)
    Ndamukong Suh (Yes)
    Jay Ajayi (maybe, but is voting too soon for that?)
    MIke Pouncey (too many games missed)
    Matt Darr (possible)
    Branden Albert (don’t really see it)

I think Reshad was on his way, but spilled milk at this point.

On paper the next couple of games look good for us

but they are both definately classic trap games

• herdfan says:

I’ve said this before….too bad we don’t play the games on paper. But I do feel better than I have in a while about this team.

At 5-4 there is no such thing as a trap game. If a team is focused on the job at hand there are no trap games. That’s for teams who are like 10-1 looking past a bottom feeding team on the road and looking to next week against the other conference powerhouse. The trap game thing gets used too often just like guru. LOL

• BoulderPhinfan says:

You never know what a week of partying in LA does to a team. Specially now that they’re playing a rookie QB. It should test Gase coaching abilities.

Looks like Albert is out against the rams.

Boulder, our team is from South Beach and just played 4 games in a row there over 5 weeks with a bye, then won in SD. Are you suggesting they’re gonna start doing meth? LOL

Piggy

I saw that mug on FB – I LOVE IT! I love it almost as much as Ryan Fitzpatrick loves throwing INTERCEPTIONS!!!!

138. 81Howie says:

Tim 30-13 MIA
    Stang 14-13 MIA
    Old 23-16 MIA
    BLOW OUT!!!

BoulderPhinfan says:
    November 16, 2016 at 3:32 pm
    Looks like Albert is out against the rams.
    ——————–

Does that mean Tunsil at LT?

Randy

I always value your opinion bud, I just think you slighted our team and Tannehill a bit. Doesn’t mean I’m right though . . .

LOL @ Bookman and the mug

So this talk about the teams we have beaten, that somehow because they have losing records it’s not as validating I guess is what is being said. Am I to take from that it’s better to lose a close one to a ‘quality’ team than win over a lesser team?

I’ll take a win any way they come.

Piggy

My son is going to be in from college this weekend, so I want to spend some time with him, so I’m going to pass on Slatterys this Sunday. I will try and make it this year, so we’ll try and find another date.

144. drg says:

Pig,

Every game is a trap game for the Dolphins….

I don’t want to discuss this in depth, because one of the ASK MIKE questions I received asked about this. Regardless, how can any of our games be a trap game? We don’t have the luxury of taking any game lightly, which is precisely what a trap game infers, no?

If anyone has a question, I’m taking a couple more . . .

ASK MIKE nj1dolfan@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I will just start being positive. It’s easier. But, if we lose 3 in a row, I don’t wanna hear how terrible this team is…like everyone was saying 3 weeks ago. Pick an opinion and stick with it dammit. Lol

Randy — you must have at least liked the last four games, particularly after the first five.

Still don’t think we make the playoffs, but at least the phrase “Young Shula” is in my mind every now and then.

Ever watch “Searching for Bobby Fischer”?

LOL

147. 81Howie says:

Well Pittsburgh was 4-1 before us. we must have knocked them into next year.
    Buffalo was on a 4 game tear until us, I even heard they beat the Patsies.
    SD and NY are still NFL teams so I say to HELL with the Naysayers!
    FINS ROCK!!!

stanger,
    yes. Tunsil LT Ubrick LG

Did anyone see Suh on Total Access last night?

I think he referred to the team staying in SD this week.

This team is focused and united. I’ve always put a higher premier on some of the intangibles especially the type of will we are seeing being fostered right now with Gase. Big plays, timely plays, non-stop play and winning. I think talent across the league is pretty close to equal in most cases but its a team playing as a team focused that makes the difference. Right now the only team that can beat Miami is Miami, so they better get the penalties and muffed kicks down. Can’t have that shit.

150. drg says:

Mike,

I guess it means we could lose every week regardless of the opponent. That’s kind of true for every team in the league though. I’m not ready to buy into the playoff talk quite yet. I don’t trust our secondary to stop anyone. The front 7 play has definitely improved. Tackles are doing a nice job containing inside runs and the coaches seem to have figured out Wake needs to play more. Our LBs aren’t great in run support, but seem to be pretty good in pass defense and on third downs. We need to keep getting pressure on the QBs quickly if the defense is going to get off the field.

I love what we are doing on offense. Worry about our OL breaking down. Tannehill seems to be making good reads and adjustments. He still lacks much pocket awareness, but I’m happy with the way he’s playing. Need our WRs to get healthy.

I guess I’m most optimistic about our coaching staff. Really like what I’m seeing from Gase and his coordinators. Tannenbaum still scares me.

We can definitely lose any week, no question, but to me, the definition of a trap game is when you overlook an opponent, because a more important game looms the following week, or you’re just so superior to that team , you take them lightly. I don’t think any of those circumstances apply to us the rest of the season.

stanger,
    I feel more positive about this team today than I did in week one. I hope we keep seeing improvement week to week. Winning feels good. 🤓

Isn’t it possible the team was playing like crap in the beginning, but now is playing much better? I think that’s pretty much what happened, although i thought they played OK against SEA in their house. I think it’s just calling it as you see it. Seems fair to me.

Randy — Have been wrong about stuff many more times than right, but the one conclusion I have this year is that Gase is the real deal (read up a bit and seems Son agrees).

Maybe I am just too biased by my Patience Brigade upbringing, but that is my excitement so far.

Son

I didn’t see it, but that’s great to hear. That’s the way it seems to me, without hearing that from Suh, but it’s definitely reassuring.

MikeE,
    Absolutely. Feel great about the wins…enjoy the team’s success. All I was saying is that I’m not judging this team on the last four weeks any more than I did the first 5 and make any grand statements about what they are or aren’t. I’ll just wait and see what they are by the end of the year. That doesn’t mean I enjoy the winning any less. 😊

I am not so convinced that the shiny shiny Boobies are photoshopped.

I think they are real.

I reject your reality and insert my own.

I believe this one of her is body paint so I am breaking the link. You can cut and paste to your browser and remove the spaces before the .jpg.

I’m definitely going with they are real.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/96/ce/9d/96ce9d9d4c2495f5c31998b21337fed4 .jpg

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 16, 2016 at 6:04 pm (Edit)

Did anyone see Suh on Total Access last night?
    *************************

I know Rock didn’t, because of Scarlett, frankly he doesn’t give a damn! 🙂

Rock

We know her boobs are real, I think the discussion is whether or not that picture is real. I don’t think Marvel would go that racy

We were a dropped perfectly thrown pass for a TD away for “kicking Seattle’s ass” the first game of the year. We played them very well in an environment that few teams can go into and win.

I don’t think Marvel would go that racy

Have you seen Dead Pool or Guardians of the Galaxy?

I saw Guardians, did not see Deadpool. That was more of an adult film though, not the normal PG Marvel for all audiences.

And I did see Suh on NFL network. I DVR Access and watch it in the morning before work while I’m drinking my coffee waiting for my BM to drop.

Even if thought that image looked shopped, guess the real answer is when you catch her…..so who knows?

Scarlett Johansson’s breast size has been through a lot! She got a boob job early in her career, then got breast reduction to decrease her bra size by nearly 2 cups. Her old breast size was listed at a 34D, but now it’s merely a 34B. Women hit a certain point in their lives where their breasts simply aren’t as important to them as they used to be. It’s possible that her priorities have simply changed. She could have also been suffering from back, shoulder, or neck pain (this is a common reason why women get breast reduction).

When I read your guys posts (those of you I’ve met) I hear your voices when I read your posts. Everyone except Bookman, when I read his posts I hear Puddy’s voice

RE: The Rams game. –Everything starts from the running game. If Ajayi is reasonably heathy and runs for, say, 125 or so, Miami will be able to control the clock and limit LA’s time of possession. If the Fins have a sizable advantage of ball control (say 37 minutes to 23 minutes) I REALLY LIKE OUR CHANCES TO WIN. Conversely, if the Rams stuff our ground game, it will be up to Tannehill and our receivers to pull this one out. Don’t be surprised if we see a little more of Williams and a little less of Ajayi, especially with Brandon Albert being out for this one. A couple of swing passes to Drake wouldn’t hurt my feelings, either.

Drake is the same as Reggie Bush when Reggie got in the league, The swing plays to Drake have a good chance at being big hitters. Drake is a nice change up for us to a defense. But Williams is being very productive for us now on limited snaps. Lots of options, it’s good.

I agree OD, but I will point out that last week we only ran for a first down 5 times and by the pass 11 times. I think if we have to win by passing we can do it. We have to keep TRYING to run, but we can beat them with the pass.

Albert will be OUT for the Rams game.

I saw Steen getting some snaps as well as Urbik when he went out on Sunday.

166. Phindog says:

I do know that at the D&B Meet and greet there was a group of people that “wanted to be the pirate” and dressed the part. Mike E was cracking us up by telling them with his accent ” But I don’t want to wear the Puffy Shirt ” the looks on their faces was priceless .

BUT I DON’T WANT TO BE A PIRATE!

That was hilarious. WTF was up with those people anyway?

“Let’s dress up like pirates and go to Dave & Busters.”

Son, I think Williams will get his shots again. he has been one of our biggest playmakers this year. He has 5 TD’s this year.

It’s nice to see a guy we’ve stuck with start paying off. I’m sick of seeing guys we either drafted or were UDFA start here get cut and latch on elsewhere.
      Perfect example is the other Safety in Seattle Kelcie McCray he was here and Philbin proclaimed love for him then cut him. “He looks like a football player”, whatever that means. Hey Philbin, those are the ones you keep.

Doggy

I don’t have an accent. lol

For people worried about the secondary we still are expecting Howard back and Culliver at some point. Two hitters.

#culliverstravels

JT HOF semifinalist.

LMAO

Kate UptonVerified account
    ‏@KateUpton
    Hey @MLB I thought I was the only person allowed to fuck @JustinVerlander ?! What 2 writers didn’t have him on their ballot?

My “fair enough” to Randy was in reference to his comments that there was a direct correlation between RT’s emergence and the blosoming of the OL and running game. I believe RT to be a franchise QB with the potential to be top 5. I think the team is improving as they become more comfortable with the new systems on both sides of the ball. SEA they played really well. The PIT and BUF games were not really even close – MIA kicked their asses. JETS game was uneven. MIA didn’t play particularly well. I thought SAN was the the most complete game they have played yet, despite the penalties. Without those, the game is not even close.

You can’t gauge any team until at least week 6. I think they have a shot at the conference. At the very least they will make the playoffs as a wild card.

If JT goes in then it’s Fest time in Canton

Wyo 28-17 MIA
    Vinn 20-9 MIA
    Tim 30-13 MIA
    Stang 14-13 MIA
    Old 23-16 MIA
    BLOW OUT!!!

So albert has played in 4 or 5 games this year and now he might be going on IR? I think his time at phins might be done. You can’t count on him to play half the season let alone a full season. Move tunsil to LT and start thinking about getting a some guards in here in 2017.